Speaker 1: Well, what do I say every week on these Park Opper episodes special for y'all, that we're so excited about our guests, and uh, this week is no exception. Uh yeah, First of all, of course, welcome to this Park Copper episode of Magical Rewind. But yeah, another another special one. I'd like to say that I don't think I've ever been lying when I say we have a very special guest and very special episode.
Speaker 2: Very true, I'm not lying. I say so lucky the people we get on and we get so much in sight of all levels we get, the actors, take we get, we're getting writers, we're getting producers, directors.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it's because people are proud. They're proud of the Disney stuff that they've done, and as well they should be. And I don't think, uh, today's guest is going to be any exception. Who knows she could come on and be like I'm not proud, I hated it, But I seriously doubt that's gonna happen. Can you please? Because well, we were very excited when we went and we watched the first major project she ever did in her career that we want to hear about where she has to play a figure skater. So was she a skater before? I don't know. We're gonna find out to find out who knows, But if you could all please help us. Welcome Jordan Hinson.
Speaker 2: Where am I?
Speaker 3: Where am I? How are you?
Speaker 1: It's never good when you don't know where you are.
Speaker 3: I have two kids under two. I never know where I am.
Speaker 1: Are they twins? I'm hoping you have two kids under two that are not?
Speaker 2: Are they Irish twins?
Speaker 3: No, they're not. My daughter's only four months of course, Like it was one of those days where like anything that can go wrong, you know, like my son pooped and then it was like he needs to update. I'm like shaking.
Speaker 1: It's OK. We were just literally just talking about the difference because you know, uh, Sabrina has two young children and I decided not to have children at all, and I have a stepdaughter who's thirty five, So it's a totally like we have just different lives all the way through.
Speaker 3: We're just like so relaxed all the time. I am living on Sandy Beaches twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Of a It is just the best.
Speaker 2: My daughter's four and my son's going to be two here in May.
Speaker 3: Wow, Yeah, my son's going to be two next month, and I'm like freaking out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited for two because a lot of the craziness that seems to happen with.
Speaker 3: You're if you're telling me that the next month of my life, all of a sudden, it's no longer going to be crazy, Like I just don't buy it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's more like I think it. They get they gained the independence. Once they get into two, they're starting to be independent and they actually start to listen a little bit more. I know people say terrible twos, but like they can understand the idea of like you know, consequences and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: It does smart, like how he knows he's like testing me sometimes. Yeah, oh for sure, finds everything and you know, I.
Speaker 2: Mean sounds like when you're like, don't touch that.
Speaker 3: He's like, yeah, it's the slow Yeah, you're like.
Speaker 2: Leger.
Speaker 3: He's like, you know, we got it's like we test our limits for sure.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 4: Of course, Well thank you for joining us, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: This is so funny because like this movie was such an important part of my life obviously twenty years ago, but like I was thirteen and I'm thirty three now, so it's like I'm going to struggle to remember certain things. I'll do my best, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So well that answers the first question. You were thirteen when you did it, So was this your first real kind of gig.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was. I was, like, I want to say, sides a couple commercials. This was like the first thing that I booked. This was like so mind bending to me, you know, because I was like auditioning. I was a kid. I didn't know, like I was just going through the motions and this was like one of those like that first call you get like you got the part and you're like a lead no, no, you know, like you just like comprehend it, like I grew up doing theater and I'll passo. So I was just like, this is like such a strange concept to so many people. I had never watched Disney Channel. Real, I had never watched one thing on Disney Channel. I don't I don't know how I missed it my whole childhood. I like, I like watch Seinfeld growing up. Okay, so I like and I like occasionally Cartoon Network, but like I never I never just somehow missed Disney Channel. Like my whole childhood. So I didn't really understand how big it was, especially these d coms like No Idea, you know. I was like, oh, it's like a movie that they play and they do it like once a month, and I was so it was so foreign to me. And it was only when like my other friends were like, wait, you're doing a gee calm you know, and I was like, yeah, I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Well wait, so you said you were you were doing theater in El Paso? What what is the origin? What's your origin story for the industry? How did how did you find out you wanted to do this? What made you say I need to be an actor?
Speaker 3: I have no idea. It was like ever since I was like little tiny, I was like writing my own little scripts, and I was like I was like trying to make movies with my friends and like directing them. And mind you, I'm like seven and I have my parents camcorder, and I'm like, you're doing it wrong, you know. So I was just like a kind of freak, and I always loved movies and I always wanted to do that. I just like, as a young age, I just said I want to do that. Yeah, I started doing theater and my parents found me at theater company in Alpasa, where I grew up, and it was very small and you know, the sets were just like plywood painted black, and it was it was so much fun though, like as a kid, to me, that was like so big. You know, it's like you have actually playground that you were to get the slides seemed so big and now, yes, that's how that was for me.
Speaker 2: You have do you have a character that you played or play or performance that you did that like sticks out like when in theater? Yeah, in your theater.
Speaker 3: He never passed me for anything good. I swear I was like a gate, like I would hold a gate. Yes, my face like that, Like they never cast me for anything good. There was like there was some nepotism in that kind of theater. I just like I just enjoyed the process of it. It was so silly, but it was like as a you know, eight year old girl, it was like a dream.
Speaker 1: So did you move out to Los Angeles then to become an actor or how did that work? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I so like I was eleven and my grandma used to be a school teacher and one of her students is ended up being a casting director in Los Angeles, and he came back to visit El Paso and he was just kind of like telling me about I knew nothing about it. Obviously. He was explaining pilot season and I was just like, Mom, I want to do that. And my parents are just so unbelievably supportive and cool. My mom was like, let's go out there one year and just try it, you know. And my mom she is the furthest thing from a stage mom. She is like from these women, you know, they're like, I don't want to be anywhere near this. But she was such a trooper. She like took me out. We stayed at Oakwood, you know, like I was gonna ask, I was gonna.
Speaker 1: Do you remember your building? What building? Do you remember your building?
Speaker 3: I wasn't a few. I was like an m L. I think I was at one point around. We were there, in and out for a couple of years. You know, So how.
Speaker 2: Does this work? Then? Was it your guys? Because I being in Orange County, was just driving up for quessians did your agents like how does everyone end up at this one?
Speaker 1: Because you just know word of mouthing.
Speaker 3: It was like everyone oak.
Speaker 1: Wood, Yes, and it's turnkey about it.
Speaker 3: All your friends would go to the clubhouse, like do you want to meet down at the What were they There was like North and South clubhouse.
Speaker 1: Had the clubhouses and they had the there was like a volleyball court, there was a tennis tennis court, and.
Speaker 3: Then there was like the dark innerwebs of oak Wood, which would be like you hike up in the hill on this random trail and they had like a hangout that all these like kids put together.
Speaker 1: I was not.
Speaker 2: Find that place.
Speaker 3: It was weird. It was such a like you know, it's like you go to high school and like there's these clicks and it was very strange the time that no one will ever understand again, you.
Speaker 1: Know right now, was there were you there with anybody particular where it was like, oh and this person ended up booking something or this person like who were some of the cool actor kids you were with?
Speaker 3: Actors that I was friends with at the time that work. Now, you know, I won't I won't blow them up on here, But like happen to people where you're like, you know, we're auditioning with each other like every day, and then we're going back to the same you know, apartment complex. It was. It was strange and like I like I said about the stage mom mentality, you know, you deal with that a lot. You deal with like these thirteen year old girls mothers who are more mean to you than the actual girl.
Speaker 1: You know, get it in.
Speaker 2: Your head, getting in your head at those audition like rooms, the waiting rooms, You're just like, okay, lady, like really you know, okay, So did you gut did you how quickly did this audition come into play once you were Was it your first year out?
Speaker 3: It's probably my second or third. I mean I was then. I think when I got to LA and I was thirteen when I book Go Figure, I had like a Barbie commercial, which was like huge for me.
Speaker 2: It was this like yest commercial, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: But it was a Barbie mall. And this thing was so big and so expensive. I don't even know if anyone bought it. It was huge, and I was like if I were a parent, and now I'm thinking, like as a mom, I would never buy this thing. It was huge. Did they give you one room and it'd be's like five hundred dollars or something.
Speaker 1: Did they give you one Did you get to take home a Barbie mall No, that's like the equivalent for a boy of the Gijo aircraft carrier. Yeah.
Speaker 3: First, you know, I was like eleven. I was like, no, no, really, I don't need this Barbie thing.
Speaker 1: So what was what was the we've we've heard So we've talked to so many people that have done dcoms, especially if they have something physical to do during the dcom, Like we talked to the people who did Brink or things like that where they had to roller blade or sing or dance or something during the audition. Did you have to do anything physical for the audition?
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean I not the actual first audition. You know, there's the process of I go in and there's forty other girls in the room. You get your call back, and you go on and there's like fifteen other girls, and then you have a producer Sasha, it's just you and four girls. And then they're kind of mixing matching you, and you know the old like can you I skate? And it's like sure, my life And I was like yeah, and like my brain, I don't know what I was thinking. I said pretty good, pretty well, you know, I told them I could ice skate, not just ice skate, but I could do it well, which was I don't know what I was thinking, but I grew up doing gymnastics. I was like a big gymnast, so I was like, how hard going to be totally different? It's not at all the same. And I just thought, you know, because you're told, like when you're like, if they ask you if you do something, you yes, yes, absolutely yes. And then I just I, you know, they were like, okay, well now you know it's you and one other girl, and they wanted to test you on the ice next week. And I was like, so, I like, I went every single day to this. It was oh god, what was this place called Iceland? I think it was called I want to say it was like your Chatsworth or something, Okay, and I went every day and I was so determined and I was there from opening the clothes and by the time that I I had to skate from them, I could like fake skating. So worked out on the ice. They were testing out a couple of like my love interests on the ice as well, which was strange because I was thirteen and they looked so much older to me. You know, yes, yeah, I somehow, you know, I faked it and I made it.
Speaker 1: Well, thank god, because you ended up being in the film that immortalized the tagline. She shoots, she scores, she accessorizes.
Speaker 3: I realized, like even when I was thirteen and they're like, here's the poster, showed it to me and I was like what tagline? Even at thirteen, I was like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say it's not one of their best that they've had.
Speaker 1: No, there's been better.
Speaker 3: Yes, but you definitely can't sizes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get the idea they went.
Speaker 1: Through before they landed on that.
Speaker 2: One throw away?
Speaker 3: What oh god? Can you imagine the other options?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 1: So did now we hear? Did you train with an Olympian? Was it Sarah?
Speaker 3: She choreographed the Olympics in like the Olympic figure Skating intro and all that, I believe, and I think that was in it's probably two thousand right five, So she had just she was like a big name coming into it. When we first did it, U and she trained me for maybe a month and a half.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: We went to there's an ice skating rink in la Or in Bourbank called Pickwick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, also a bowling alley.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a bowling alley. Is it still there because I moved it's still there?
Speaker 1: Ye, pics totally still there.
Speaker 3: We trained there like every day, and man, I was in a wicked shape. You know, imagine being like thirteen, you're already in good shape and then you're skating every single day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did it make you kind of fall in love with skating at all?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Were you going?
Speaker 1: You did?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like it was I was. I grew up in gymnastics, so there was like it was that same kind of like vibe. You know, you go, what you got, your equipment, you show up. It's like exercise, you're trying to improve it something. There was just something really like special about it. I can people get attached to it from a very young age, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah sure? Now shot in Canada, right.
Speaker 3: No, we shot in Salt Lake City, salt Like that's.
Speaker 1: What I meant. Okay, so you were in We were still there. The DCM coin flip, they're they're either shoot in Canada or they shooting Vancouver.
Speaker 2: Toronto, Vancouver or Salt Lake.
Speaker 1: It was a shooting schedule. Like, I mean, were you skating almost every day?
Speaker 3: Not every day? I think we kind of like, you know, if we were filming at an ice rink. We we're shooting at that ice rink for a couple of days or however long we were there. A lot of it was like at a school, and you know, like there was all that basis of I was like boarding at that school, so it was like there's a lot of that kind of stuff too. And obviously I had to do like a hockey camp too, because skating on hockey skates is like a completely different sport altogether than figure skating.
Speaker 2: Is it really I've never done I've only yeah, well I knew, I knew, but yeah, I don't. I mean, I don't.
Speaker 3: I would compare it to like skiing and snowboarding, you know, it's just good to say, totally different motions. With hockey skates, you're kind of like running walking almost you're skating. There's just it's more of like a dance, you know. Well, yeah, and then switching back and forth is like like at the age, I don't think I think I could do it. I think my brain would melt, you.
Speaker 1: Know, So do you think is it? Is it so difficult? One of the things we talked about during the movie was like, Okay, wait a minute, she's supposed to be like a competitive ice skater, but then they put her on hockey skates and she can't even stand. Isn't this kind of ridiculous? But it turns out no kind of accurate.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a Disney movie. I don't know if like it is a little absurd, Like I'm sure at some point in a figure skater's life she tries on hockey skates. But I think you could argue that my character was so like prim and proper and prison like she had only seen figure skating the whole world her whole life, you know. I mean, it's it's not she might have been like, oh, hockey skates, you know, that big a thing. It's like, you know, growing up gymnastics. I never danced, you know, I never tried the whole dancing world, or like they're all so separate.
Speaker 2: What do they give you when you rent skates when you go like ice skating, Like, what do they give you? Yeah? Are those hockey skates?
Speaker 1: Either? I think it is either. Yeah. I think mostly they're gonna give you the one without the topic.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean, if you're like a beginner, beginner, it's like smarter to get hockey skates. I swear blades walking you can hold hug the side and like be on hockey skates easier, like you forget there's a tope pick or like the back blade on those skates. For a second, you're you're done, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: Why I don't do that anymore because the rinks are always so small and there's so many people that do not know what they're doing. I just see like a leg coming in the air and like slice.
Speaker 3: Like you fall the cold hard eye, like it's like on the ground. It is painful.
Speaker 2: It is we're still learning how to snowboarder. Skiku, there is zero I mean it is okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So it's your your first big role. You're the lead in the film. What is it like the first day you step on set? I mean, what do you what are you thinking? When the first day you step on surreal?
Speaker 3: To me, it was like it was just like I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe looking at a call sheet and seeing one and seeing my name, you know that to me was already I was I was never like I never took it for granted, you know, like to me, it was like I was still like this kid from Alpaso, and like I couldn't even believe it. It was it was just crazy to me. And I don't think I expected to show up and see such a big production. Like I don't know if I expected, like I had done one thing and it was like a short film, you know, and it was like a student independent film, and I think I expected to just show up, like not have trailers, and like, I don't know what. I was so young and I was just my mind was blown.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It was like there's catering and there's this and like they're renting out this entire place for us. Like I couldn't believe it. You know, we're in hindsight now, I'm like, yeah, it's Disney exactly, like of course they are. What do you yeah, but I it was like it was wild to me. I was just like to me, I was I was still you know, I was like fairly mature at that age, and I was like, just show up and you know you're lying, Just do your job, you know, because I.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't have guessed you were thirteen, No, No, I would have said maybe fifteen, which yeteen and fifteen is a big is a big difference because yeah, I had a lot of poise on camera for somebody who's thirteen.
Speaker 3: You know, I was like I was an old soul, very young, but I was like I was tiny. I was like, you know, I think I kind of looked my age if would have seen me in person, I was small and yeah, I was wide on big gap tooth and you know, yeah, the idea of what I was like in store for that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, and so many times with Disney, probably why Will and I are thinking, is they tend to cast.
Speaker 3: Older, younger twenties the thirties.
Speaker 1: Like we did. We talked to We've talked to people who are like I kept my mouth shut. I was twenty five years old and I was playing fourteen years. I was like, okay, that.
Speaker 3: Has been more of a trend than anyone playing their own age. But you know, it's like it makes sense for them with like school hours, you end up losing on side lots. Sure the minor can actually work, it's you know, a lot of hours.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Okay, see someone who's.
Speaker 3: Twenty five who looks like.
Speaker 2: Yes, and she looked great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, so you're in this pretty much like dreamland. Everything that you hoped and desired as you were growing up, you know, so acting is like happening in your whole world. And then Christia mcgucci comes in. But how did you did you know that was she? In the script from the you know.
Speaker 3: Script, it was written as like I want to I want to say it was like there was like a filler, kind of like some big you know you're skating, and it might have even said Christiamagucci, but I think we were told like this is just a placeholder.
Speaker 2: It's going to.
Speaker 3: Right. They were like, it's a placeholder. It'll get too excited about anyone. And it actually ended up being you know, Christia mcgucci, which was crazy because you know, especially at that time it was two thousand and five. She like I grew up hearing her name. Like I said, I wasn't a figure skater, so I didn't have like her poster on my wall, but I I mean, she was Christiegucci. It was like, you know, it was just there's certain athletes that are like larger than life, no matter if you follow this sport or not, and she was one of those.
Speaker 1: And yeah, she.
Speaker 3: Was absolutely lovely, just such a complete sweet angel of a person on set.
Speaker 2: And I thought she did a great job. And she was great. I was you know, you never know when they do, they probably athletes, And she was great. She wasn't dairy, she was sweet. I mean she she's just playing herself herself. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So did the cast? Did you guys all get along very well and bond right away?
Speaker 3: And you know, we were all learning to skate too at the same time, So like, I think that was a bit of a common ground for us. Is like we were like falling constantly and hurting ourselves and like trying to act and navigate this. And you know, filming on ice is like a whole other thing because they have these contraptions where they have to move around with a camera and it's like you can't control, Like no matter how great of a contraption you have, you're still on ice. Like they can't rift off, you know. So we were you know, at some points we're standing on something trying to look like we were skating for more close up shots. So it was like it had to be such a big team effort because we really had to like sell it all at the same time. And everyone was lovely, like we all got along, we all stayed at the same hotel in Salt Lake, and I think I was the youngest one. Like, like we said, like, I think like a couple of the characters were playing my friends, they were definitely adults, you know, right, like my uh the one, my brother Ryan Malgarini, who was like in Freaky Friday, I think and all that before, He's always played like the younger brother, and he was. He was like the only one who was I think younger than me there. Everyone else was like older definitely, And it definitely worked before.
Speaker 2: You know, do you remember how much older the guy that plays your like the one you were having It was like in a completely inappropriate.
Speaker 3: It's a time I feel like I was like, this feels odd, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, well, you know how much older was he?
Speaker 3: Donness or anything?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: But like now I'm watching and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Oh my, he would have gotten off.
Speaker 1: My daughter fired, he would have gotten arrested. She was thirteen, yeah, arrested hopefully.
Speaker 3: So I think he was seventeen. Oh okay, and I was thirteen. No, not okay, that's not.
Speaker 1: All I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking now that you're saying and arrested, I'm thinking this guy's like twenty two.
Speaker 3: Well there was another guy testing for the part. Right they had Jake there on the ice with me, and they had another guy. And I want to say, this guy had to be like twenty at least. I've never being like, wow, that's a handsome man, you know what I mean. I was like, this dad is that? I was like, that is a handsome man.
Speaker 1: Right there?
Speaker 2: We got a hot dad on said cast.
Speaker 3: We got a hot dad. I was like, I was what am I doing here? You know, like that's what was going on in my head. I was like, I am so like I'm thirteen, What am I doing here? There was decisions I made too, Like I remember the original script had us kissing in it. Yeah, it was like something. We were in the car and he like brings me my skates I think, and we like were supposed to kiss and I didn't even say anything. I just kissed him on the cheek and they were kind of like standing there, and I was like, is there a problem?
Speaker 1: You know, because yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: Kid, and I know he's older than me, and like I felt weird about it. If I just made that decision myself and acted like I didn't know, good.
Speaker 1: That's that kind of the smart way to do it too.
Speaker 3: I have to and you have to. But I was thirteen. It's not that I should have even known to do that at the time, but I think that would have kiss kiss and it would have been weird for me. Like now we'd be having this conversation, but even weirder, you know, yeah, definitely wow.
Speaker 1: But now you said, you said, uh the last you know, well, when I look at it again, So have you watched the movie recently?
Speaker 3: Not recently, but there have been times when like I have like friends who are my age, they grew up on this movie, and of course, like old roommates and stuff, they'd be like watching it the living room or I'd come out of my room and it's on, you know, one of those things. I watched it so many times when it came out because there was just it was so brand new to me and family members want to watch it. And then I took like ten years off.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like I watched this for a while, but I have probably seen it for the most part once in the past, like maybe six years.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: It's it's like it's fun to revisit now, you know. You go through these phases where you watch it the first time it's exciting, and then you're like working on other things and you're like, oh, is this embarrassing? I was so young, And then you like learn to appreciate it as you get older too, especially being a mom now, like it'll be fun to be able to show my kids that movie of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what's always magical with Disney is there's always a good message behind.
Speaker 3: It, right exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, we're picking apart right now. Truly, back then, wasn't at like that age gap, Like it wasn't as sensitive.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't it should have been the assistant coach of the hockey team constantly hitting on the thirteen.
Speaker 1: Year old player. Maybe he should be something.
Speaker 3: Assistant coach was like lames, like maybe he was like a student himself.
Speaker 1: You know, well he was, because wasn't he in class with you as well? I don't remember, So he's also not that smart guy because he's also in class with I guess.
Speaker 2: It should have been just distinguished. He was like the teacher's assistant type of situation. Yeah, like he was was a elective or something. Yeah, But regardless, for the most part that the messaging is always great. You don't really there's there's something that you know, you can sit down.
Speaker 3: In classic about it. It doesn't age.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like like that movie I could show my kid. It have eight years old.
Speaker 1: You don't have to worry about it's not.
Speaker 3: Going to be like this is old, you know, it's a that's the same. Totally, yeah, I totally for sure.
Speaker 1: Now did any of this spark any interest in you in hockey or ice skating? Did you keep up with either one?
Speaker 3: When the movie was ice skating a little bit because I had learned so much and I was like, I'm not letting this skill go to ways, you know, so like a couple of times a year, I'd go back to Pickwick or like my friends want to go ice skating, and they gave me my skates because the skates were like custom made for my shirt. Yeah, I still kind of had to like beg for them a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's still Disney, right, It's still Disney.
Speaker 3: So I you know, they were like such nice ice skates. I was like, I can't not use these, you know, sure they're expensive and they're and then I'll go to the ice rink and like I would either have people be like wait, you know, like aren't you from you know, like you really skate, or there was like the bullies of the ice world, which is like the real figure skaters who are so much better than me. I'm not even trying to compete with but they kind of assume I'm there to compete with them. They're like they can't really skate. I'm like, yeah, I can't, I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't. I just get paid all the time on that ice rinky bubble.
Speaker 3: Just flock the movie and you'll see a totally different face.
Speaker 1: So question, you finished the film, it's in the can Is there a do they do a premiere or does it just kind of it just comes out on TV.
Speaker 3: I remember I booked a pilot right like it was that next year. I booked a pilot. I was shooting in Vancouver. It was a show that I was on for like maybe seven years called Eureka Yeah, which has a huge following, Yeah, big, big like sci fi coulty following. It was so much fun. But the trailer for Go Figure like was like premiering, but then we didn't get it in Canada, you know, so I had they sent me like I want to see it was like a VHS tape or a DVD. It was something like, and they sent it to me and I had to like borrow a TV that they rolled in the hotel so that I could watch the trailers. And I was sitting there and I was like, so I couldn't believe it, you know, I'd never really seen I was like crying, and I'm fourteen at the time, probably, and I'm like, and I'm shooting another thing, but I still have never seen myself in anything. You know.
Speaker 2: Was cool.
Speaker 3: I was like, really cool that I was.
Speaker 2: Was your mom there or did you have anyone with you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's great?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she troubled everywhere with me, so I was okay.
Speaker 2: So, speaking of Eureka, do you get more people to recognize you from that or from Go Figure?
Speaker 3: Definitely Eureka because I look so different than I didn't Go If I'm blonde every so often, you know, wait, you look like and I get that too, because I was mostly blonding Eureka. They're like and it's never like are you anymore? It's like you look like this girl in this show. Don't worry about it, you know, And I'll be like, what what show you know.
Speaker 1: Eventually just are going like, yeah, I get that a lot. Yeah, Yeah, I get that a lot.
Speaker 3: That's I never really wanted to do that though, because I'm like, what if it's exciting? But you know, it's like I would be really excited if I watch a show and I you know, especially now living in Florida, if someone you know knows who I am here, I'm like, sure, yeah, first I'm gonna say hi, you.
Speaker 1: Know, oh, I still fan I fan out over my favorites all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I watched you know, off of like a show that I loved, Like I don't want to say something to them too.
Speaker 2: I think it's just I think Pete more people would understand. It's like if you think it like instead of saying like you look like it's like, please don't make me say I am this person who I think you think I might be but you're.
Speaker 3: Not sure from the show and you go, oh, is it eureka, Yeah, you know, I get that a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like there we go. So we always like to know did your life change at all after this this movie? Premierre. I mean we talked to some people for like high school musical that are like, Okay, on Tuesday, I was one guy on Wednesday. It's a totally different lifestyle.
Speaker 3: I would say that some of that with this, you know, it was like I didn't realize how huge it was going to be, and I was This is something I talked to my mom about a few years ago because I was like so young at the time, and right after it premiered, I couldn't go to the mall like I would go. My grandpa was a high school football coach in Texas, and I would go to his game and I got like mobbed and pushed up against like the back barricade of the like and like the leechers and like people were freaking out and I I never I had no idea that these movies were, like so many people watched them. I had no idea, but I was going, I was like, mom, this is so weird that people I'd go to Disneyland or something. It was insane. Eventually that dies off, you know, because the next thing comes out. But it's like for years it was like that and I couldn't believe it. Like I was humbled by it, for sure.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, luckily hig school foot ball isn't big in Texas, so they're probably people there.
Speaker 2: But you know what's crazy though, is I mean being on the channel now it's researched because Disney Plus is out there and they're pushing and they're doing like, uh, you know, you should recommendations and things like that. So and on top of that, then this is what we've really seen with this podcast is that you know, whether it's one of the ones that everyone knows or sometimes it's the ones that not everyone. Everyone has their like five D coms that like it does not matter what you say, they are the best D coms that have ever seen the channel, you know what I mean. So it's like you definitely, you.
Speaker 3: Know, they were such an age. They were like you're coming into like your out of your adolescence into your teenagers and like these movies like Change You you know, you're like, that's something I want to do. That's something I want to be, Like, I want to emulate that. And I think it sticks with you that that time in my life stuck with me so much, going from like you know, ten into thirteen, like that was such a big time as a as a young girl, as whatever you're you're changing so much and your brain is moving in a thousand miles an hour, and I think it's like you're trying to figure out really what you want to do. And I think watching these movies, it's like you're seeing people your own age who are doing like cool things, and it definitely sticks with you.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Was there ever a talk anywhere about go Figure two?
Speaker 3: I heard things down the pipeline, but nothing ever, nothing ever. I don't think legitimate. Well that's now, can you imagine?
Speaker 1: I think it'd be great, that's.
Speaker 3: Very good. I was like, I was like a coach, you know. It was like Rocky, like they have to come get me out of it.
Speaker 1: Like I'm like, exactly, I've coached.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I haven't seen the ice in ten years.
Speaker 1: You know, you're you're the ex boyfriend now the Jay Gable is he's like what sixty five seventy years old?
Speaker 3: Ye? So rapidly you know he hasn't paid me a child support. I was like, I can't you know.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, girl, are you going to I should say what age do you think you will now show your kids?
Speaker 3: I mean I was a show writer. Now I just don't think.
Speaker 1: Your your your son is son or daughter son's name is writer.
Speaker 3: Writer, yeah, writer, and my daughter's name is Arlow. She's four months so like little angels or just do not make life now at this point, you know, I was like.
Speaker 1: I make my best friend's head big. It's not named after riders strong, right, just okay, good? Just making sure no, unless you want to tell him not, you know I do not.
Speaker 3: You don't what I mean. No. No, Writer was like a name. I had that name in my head from like when I was like young, and I was like my rebissan, I'd love to name him writer, and then I guess it came back to me when I was pregnant. So he is such a writer though, like you know, he's he has that vibe about him. So I would show him now, but like he would have no idea to me. Maybe like when he's six.
Speaker 2: You know, my daughter's four and she can recognize me from all the teef, can't she really?
Speaker 3: You know, girls are like they're quicker, Like that's so destructive, Like he's wait a second, that was around him. He's like, what can I tear apart?
Speaker 2: And I was just saying that about my son, like he does not sit still even for a second. So I think you're right, probably five.
Speaker 3: Or six more agile and bigger and heavier. And my son like thirty one pounds. He's huge. Oh my gosh, wow big and he's been big a long time. So like I I'm like, so my arms are so like okay, and I'm like, I'm I want to get those like Sarah Connor, like you know, shredded carry him around so much. I'm like I got to be like ripped by now, you know.
Speaker 1: So okay. So then last question then before we let you go, And I think this is when, since you're talking about your kids, with your experiences growing up as a child actor and then an actor, if your kids came to you and said we want to be in the industry, how would you feel about that.
Speaker 3: I've thought about that. You know, there's there's like a part of me that would be like, ooh, I don't know, right, But of course I want them to do what they want to do, because if my mom had stopped me from doing it, I don't think I would have ever truly been happy, you know, right, So I think if I think, if anything, at least I have some experience behind it that I could help, you know, I think about it like with my daughter, because being a female in the industry, so when you're that it is so like I'm sure it's you know, it's a man too. I'm not like trying to be like so yeah, but like being a young girl and like image issues and all that. I just think about. You know. She came to me and was like, all I want to do is like act. Of course I would support that. I think like I would go into it being like, listen, if there's anything else in the world that you want to do as much as you want to do this, do that because it is such a it is such an amazing high and such a low low, you know, and you're not working. It's a it's a gut punch sometimes. So you know, I don't want her to grow up too fast. I think like we're all kind of pushed into growing and we have to grow up quickly in that industry because business deals from the time you were a kid, you know, they're like negotiating contracts and you're like you have to be at work on this time, you got to the clock. It's just like you really have to grow up. And I don't want her to feel like she has to do that, So, yeah, you know, I kind of want to have them on a farm until they're life, maybe fifteen, and then if she wants to try it out, she absolutely can. In the meantime, she can watch movies, she can try and write scripts, she can like no do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well i'd say too though. You know, you you know yourself and you know your experience and a big thing that will and I recognize as well as like, like you said earlier, like I did not have a momager at all, you know, and I think you being able to see that because that was what I observed. I remember how different it was being on set with my dad versus how it was with my friend's dads or moms, and they were just so different than like my dad was just like basically working the whole time a job. He was not, you know, taking money out of my paychecks.
Speaker 3: My parents were so gass and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Right, Like there was all about.
Speaker 3: Who dealt with the latter, you know, they like the parents were more involved than they were and like obviously I wouldn't be like that, but I.
Speaker 2: Think that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, I think, like, you know, it would definitely help that I have some experience. Mind me, I can also like through a lot of things. You know, I think everything's so shiny and new when you're you know, you don't really you need someone to navigate a little bit of it for you. When you're that young. You just and I had my parents were very smart. They knew kind of what to weed through and like what you know, wouldn't serve me at that age. So I think I want to emulate that somewhat if they ever want to do it. But you know, maybe they want to.
Speaker 1: Maybe they want to do anything else.
Speaker 3: Because my husband was in the army, you know, and we're okay if writer says he wants to join the military, like that's a whole other conversation too, you know, so totally. At least we have some years, you.
Speaker 1: Know, just you've got a little time. You got a little time.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you know what, whatever they want to do that makes them happy, you know, as long as it's nothing insane, I'm all for it.
Speaker 2: Some people would say this industry is insane exactly.
Speaker 1: I think we all know. She shoots, she scores. Yes, Well, thank you so much for joining us. This has been great, and I know that you you know, yeah, with the two little ones.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to go relieve my husband of his I'm sure he is like rowing right out.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and have the best time with those littles. Oh yeah, squeezes, no, thank you.
Speaker 1: Bye bye. Yeah, I'm not having kids.
Speaker 2: Well, I think Sue would be like, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It's you're having not having them. She's I think it the idea that she I never would have thought she was thirteen.
Speaker 2: I didn't either. She came across so mature.
Speaker 1: So much more mature than thirteen.
Speaker 2: And I love that she clearly was, because I don't know very many thirteen year olds that would have just taken it in their own hands and said, I know this as a kiss, but I'm gonna go ahead and kiss him on the cheek. Yep, I am not kissing that forty five year old. This is not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: You know what, I like.
Speaker 2: I I mean that that's I'm not even to ask to literally just do it.
Speaker 1: Hell, yes, yeah, that's great. And again that it's so interesting when you meet a quote unquote child actor who clearly had a stable parental upbringing, it makes such a difference. My parents were the same way. They were not you know, momagers, dadagers. They were we had nothing to do with the industry, your family the same way. It makes a huge difference.
Speaker 2: It does a lot of it is because I think what comes into play often in those situations is the parents want it more than the kid, so whether it's fun or not anymore. Like I know, I've been on set with kids that are like heavy meltdowns or looking up they're about to have an anxiety attack because they just don't want to be there anymore, or they're uncomfortable and whatever they're doing, or you know, or tired or whatever, yeah, or being kid and you just kids a parent just like this is it, you know. I mean granted, obviously, like you said, you do have to grow up because you are on a professional stage and you're doing a job. People you doing our job. People are getting paid to be there. Money is getting lost if you just walk off. So I understan in that part of having to say, like, look, remember we decided to do this, we agreed we were going to be here. We're going to see it out. If at the end of this job you're done, you're done, that, We're totally fine. Yeah, but a lot of mammagers and daddagers out there do.
Speaker 1: Not do that and onto the next.
Speaker 2: And it's unfortunate because those kids grow up with a lot of different situations later. And I'm just feel so lucky that wasn't my journey now.
Speaker 1: Or hers or my which is great. So uh yeah, go, thank you so much Jordan for joining us, and go of course and check out once again. I'm just gonna say it one more time. No figure, she shoots, she scores, she accessorizes, and I love what she said. It's absolutely true. I'm dying to know which cat that what got vanished? Oh it's so great. Well, thank you everybody so much for joining us on this park Opper episode, and don't forget to hop over to our other feed where I think, yes, I get to say this once again. Our next movie is nineteen ninety nine's wait for it, people h E. Double hockey Sticks starring this incredibly good looking young man named Matthew Lawrence, and I'm in it too, So thanks everybody, and we will see you next time. Bye.