Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast.
Speaker 2: Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, Armstrong and Getty, and he.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty, and finally, residents of western Ohio reported seeing a rare black squirrel with a white tail and white pause. That's right, some people in Ohio saw a cat.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm looking at my bank of televisions like I wanted to before five televisions, and we're fortunate that we can do whatever we want. We can talk about whatever we want, although obviously we have the goal of talking about things you're interested in. That's kind of how the business works. But everybody but Fox is leading the hour with some version of the Epstein story, and there's a lot of new stuff. There's a lot of new stuff that I find somewhat interesting actually for the first time maybe ever in this whole saga. But everybody and Fox is going with the new revelations about the crazy kid that tried to assassinate Trump and almost did the crooks person. So Fox has decided not to lead with Epstein. I guess because Trump's Name's attached to it. I don't know AnyWho more on that later. So this Thomas Crooks person, you remember, he climbed up on the roof there in Butler, Pennsylvania. Amazingly, he was able to climb up on a roof with a high powered rifle. People everywhere, people saw him, perfect line of sight to the President of the United States and squeeze off quite a few shots. And it's just freaking luck that he didn't blow Donald Trump's head off in front of all of us and change world history. I mean, seriously, change world history. All of the Middle East stuff would be completely different. Obviously, the economy, tariffs, all that sort of stuff, completely different. Sure, one hundred examples, yeah, a hundred examples, and then playing out in ways that we'll never know AnyWho. Thomas Crooks. We now know more about him. And the big question from Miranda Divine of the New York Post is one of their lead reporters, she broke the hundred laptop story. The big question is why was this stuff kept from us earlier? Is there a reason for that? Some of the stuff that is out from Miranda Divines reporting Thomas Crooks had all kinds of different accounts out there and platforms that he was going on a lot of this reporting has been done by people just like regular people out there figuring this stuff out and why the ect mean if I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: The official word in the wake of his arrest and identification, well and death, was that he really had no online presence, mysterious.
Speaker 2: He was ghost, they called him. He had no online previence, presence, and not really any political any of this or that. It turns out actually he was a hardcore Trump supporter, I mean, like really a big Trump supporter. We'll talk more about that in a second. Some of these posts and then flipped at some point. Nobody's exactly sure why to a Trump hater, but sources use publicly available research tools to link multiple email addresses to crooks and then found usernames associated with those emails on all kinds of sites, including YouTube, Snapchat, PayPal, discord, chess, dot com, Korra, deviant Art, and others. So he had quite a presence on lots of different sites, used in different names, and it didn't sound like it took super geniuses to figure out was him. Why the multi gazillion dollar FBI Secret Service investigation into this after he almost killed the president didn't uncover this stuff well, That's what the question is here, and I'm sure a lot of people would answer yelling at their uh listening device because the authorities didn't want to know that or didn't want to tell you that.
Speaker 4: Although having gotten to the end of this, I'm not sure what narrative to take away other than this guy was nuts.
Speaker 2: But the FBI has not confirmed the details of Kirk's possible social media accounts and did not respond to a request. Does he have to remember the investigation would have happened under the Biden administration FBI. Well, the Trump FBI is not commenting on it, and it might just be because they don't know what to say yet. But well, to your point, though, is there anything satisfying the whole What was his motive? Thing almost always turns out to be they were a crazy, angry person, was their motive. But we still should have known all this stuff. His early online presence, when he would have been in high school was almost exclusively plote pro Trump, while he also made a number of violently anti Semitic comments and racist remarks about Hispanic immigrants. I'll quote him now. I've always believed being patriotic was lining up a bunch of socialists, Jews like the ones that booed Trump and blasting their useless brains out with an ar You don't think that that's something that the we should have heard about the guy if he's out there saying that in social media. A YouTube account featuring Crooks's full name posted in the comments under a clip of Trump being booed during the twenty nineteen World Series in Washington. That's where he made that post. So he did obscure it by having his entire name on the comment on YouTube, the most used platform in the world, right right, nobody. That's quite a trail too under Israel name. Every one of the Trump hating Democrats deserves to have their heads chopped off and put on stakes for the world to see what happens when you f with America, he said on one comment under an MSNBC clip from July at twenty nineteen. I mean, this is a guy spewing threats and violence. Shouldn't have been on somebody's radar. I don't know how much I'm gonna how I don't know how any violent threats you can make on social media without in and up on some sort of FBI watch list or secret service this or that or whatever I don't actually know.
Speaker 4: And specifically political assassination under his real name, flagged by users who mentioned law enforcement in their replies.
Speaker 2: He also described in detail how he would use an assault rifle against a crowd of political opponents, frequently quoting the line the only true political power comes from the barrel of a gun. That's from Chairman mau and crooks made violent threats against Democratic members of the Squad, Well, you're thinking a Democrat led White House and a squad friendly media. If somebody was out there making violent threats against the squad, that would have bubbled up somehow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess the internet is just too vast. Nobody with any connections noticed.
Speaker 2: I guess. I hope a quick and painful death to all the deplorable immigrants and anti Trump cong women who don't deserve anything this country has given them, he wrote in July of twenty nineteen, But in twenty twenty, in the middle of the COVID pandemic, he appeared to make a one hundred and eighty degree turn in his views on Trump. I'm pretty sure people are just racist, and Trump is one of them. There does not need to be a deep state for that, he said on a YouTube comment, Okay, there wasn't any reasonable defense for Trump, he said. It's around this time that he started posting violent artworks, According to sources, One piece titled how He Lost his Eye from June to twenty twenty three and shared on deviant Art, shows a figured clad in black executing another figure in front of a blue and pink backdrop matching the colors of the trans Pride flag. He had his pronouns in some various things, ay them. I'm told that doesn't really mean anything, though I know plenty of people that I know for a fact aren't really down with the trans thing, but have their pronouns on headline stuff because they can't ask.
Speaker 4: Well, he wouldn't be, but he wouldn't be listing in his pronouns as they them.
Speaker 2: Of course. You know, again the takeaway because.
Speaker 4: He flipped then and was just vicious to Trump supporters called him sheep and cult and your two brainwashed to realize how dumb you are.
Speaker 2: This is in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: So you know, he's just an angry, angry, disturbed young man.
Speaker 2: His personal YouTube and Google searches also reveal a pattern of violence and an obsession with guns and famous assassinations, which is often common with assassins. Between twenty nineteen and twenty twenty, he made searches for Lee Harvey Oswald's killer Jack Ruby, the Oklahoma bombing, the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, among other attacks. He also searched how to fire an AR fifteen as fast as possible, as well as how to make a fertilizer bomb in a moll of cocktail. He repeatedly looked for information related to body armor, high velocity AMMO, and riot control. He was probably thinking about doing something. He wasn't just quite sure why yet. And then I'm guessing he heard, Hey, the President's coming to town. I know what I'll do, right exactly?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I think maybe the fundamental question here is and I don't know the answer, but it's well, I'll just ask the question, how did why did the authorities claim that this guy was an online ghost and there's nothing knowable about him when you know amateur sleuths.
Speaker 2: Granted some time has passed.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure why this is coming out now, frankly, but when there is all sorts of information about this guy, it might not lead you in a helpful direction per se.
Speaker 2: Because I don't think it does.
Speaker 4: Although he's a big fan of terrorism, sneaking bombs in and shooting people and the rest of it. Looking at another one of his quotes, how is it that that was not found fairly quickly by our authorities?
Speaker 2: That's troubling. I naively have this view of if somebody almost kills the former president about to be next president, there is no rock unturned in terms of figuring this out. Apparently there were lots of rocks that were unturned. We got to get to this before we run out of time. I'll tell you my favorite part about muscle mommies next. And this has got no significance other than we learn a new term. I'm sorry that sounded like you said muscle mommies. Yes, I will, I will stay tuned.
Speaker 4: Did you know that hackers like me love the holidays? Bastards, fake shipping emails, sketchy social media stores, two good, be true.
Speaker 2: Black Friday deals. That's how they lure you in.
Speaker 4: They get you, then they steal your information, and instead of enjoying the holidays, you're desperately on the phone with your bank trying to figure out if you have any money left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because this time of year, practically everybody you probably have a package going somewhere by FedEx or UPS. Right, so you get a fake UPS email saying your package is delayed, and you think, oh crap, and then you click on it before you realize it's fake. Well, that's why you need webroot total protection. It's an all in one coverage, anti virus, real time protection, password manager, identity monitoring, even a VPN, and then the dark web monitoring alone is worth it. You'll actually know if your info is being traded out there on the dark web.
Speaker 4: And its identity protection for your whole family, from the kids tablets to Grandma's laptop. And right now, Webroot is giving you good people sixty percent off. That's right, sixty percent off. God, webroot dot com slash armstrong. That's webroot dot com slash armstrong sixty percent off, but only through that link. Live a better digital life with Webroot webroot dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 2: Krook apparently had a muscle mommy fetish and repeatedly searched for videos about female bodybuilders and muscular women. So like older women who are really big and really muscular, and then in some of the art where it's not real women, they're like ten feet tall and giant, towering over him, that sort of thing. This is also from The New York Post's Miranda Divine. Krook's had two possible accounts on deviant Art for people who identify as anthropomorphized animal characters that'd be furries and are sexually attracted to them. And then he's got one post repost of a towering muscular female bodybuilder and a slight man in his underwear looking up at her, multiple searches for muscular women and female bodybuilders. That's known as muscle mommies, and he apparently had a fanger obsession with that and the furries and furries. So maybe God went back and forth between kind of tonight, I'm into muscle mommies, tomorrow furry or maybe maybe like a muscle mommy dressed up as a grizzly bear. I don't know.
Speaker 4: He's like a two sport athlete in terms of perversion or variation.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the actual muscle mommy picture? I have not set they post on there. It's a very large, very large woman in a bikini, attractive but like the size of an NFL football player. He was a slightly built little fella too. Yeah. And then this picture she is flexing in her bikini over this slight man. That could be him, I guess, And that's wonder what that is and be like lifted up and bench pressed by a muscular checker. I think he goes beyond that, probably, and then used as her personal pleasurement device, as it were, and then in completely different categories the whole furry thing. I guess. I don't know. I'm I don't know, journey overlapping that ven diagram between muscle mommies and furries. Why are you asking me? I just assume you know these things. Do you like that? Huh? Just this thing? I just assume you know lots of these things. Wow, wow, sick, oh crazy? If you know anything about it, maybe you do. I mean, we are on it. We are on in San Francisco text line four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 5: More than thirty years after the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman, attorneys for O. J. Simpson's estate finally agreeing to accept a nearly the eight million dollar claim from the Goldman family.
Speaker 2: Wow. Damn fifty eight me. Of course OJ is dead. I think Goldman going after his money all those years was to make OJ miserable because he feels like OJ got away with murdering his daughter.
Speaker 4: But son, yeah, her son, sorry, yeah Goldman. Yeah, although the Brown family was after him too. Yeah, that's interesting. How much money is there in the estate. I don't know coming up. Jonathan Martin, the dean of political writers at Politico, says Gavvy boy is the clear front runner for the presidency.
Speaker 2: Let's say it out loud. We'll share that terrifying information. That's you got his new book coming out soon. We gotta tell you about that.
Speaker 4: Oh good lord, I wouldn't use it to line my parroent A young man in a hurry speaking of at the Armstrong and Getty superstore, going Strong. It's order now, just in time for Christmas. Ruin the Entire Country Newsome twenty twenty eight. People are loving that t shirt, both cal Unicorn and those who dislike progressive mismanagement of our nation's affairs. Again, Ruin the Entire Country knew some twenty twenty eight. Oh in the Armstrong and Giddy Air Force blue stainless steel water bottle with heavy duty straw lid.
Speaker 2: So Katie's wearing an armstrong and getdy sweatshirt today, a hoodie, one of my favorites. That's great, so comfortable. So we were told by Hansen, you have a news headline for us. Is this true? Do you know anything about that? No? Okay, I didn't know.
Speaker 4: If you're most story of the day, he says, I do what I do? Is it better not be idiotic because I'm not in the.
Speaker 2: Mood because we do not like people just messing around saying weird crap. We a salary? Erry Michael hed it? What is our story? Multi? Okay?
Speaker 1: There are twenty six letters in the alphabet, but one is just not getting in off love. Linguists say the letter T is being dropped from words like kitten, mountain and interview coast to coast, and no one know why, but they have named it. It's called te glottalization, and it's a speech error that's happening mostly in the under twenty five age range.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. My son does that, and I have no idea. So it's it's so annoying. It's it's a it's a well, you know, it's like up talk originally was highly annoying, but it's just so common now I don't even notice it. It's like everybody does it. So yeah, the dropping the tee thing, my son has done that since he was younger, but I didn't realize maybe he picked that up from other youth. You know, it's a Southern California thing. I think.
Speaker 4: Originally, like so many annoying speaking trends, whether the Valley girl, the up talk in general. Now this I happen to notice it from a couple of bands out of the LA area who like, there's a one line was weight in, And I'm like, wait, why did you say weight in? Instead of waiting?
Speaker 2: Wait, I'm waiting for executive producer Mike Han and joins his hands and yeah, this.
Speaker 6: Has been a problem in our society for quite some time, and it needs to come to an end.
Speaker 2: And it's not just the twenty somethings.
Speaker 6: This has crept up into people in their late thirties and early forties taking over our society. I've been bothered by it for years. It needs to come to an end immediately. My children are being effected.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. Bring back the tea. You've noticed it in your kids. I've noticed that my kids.
Speaker 6: One of our beloved colleagues is the first person that started doing it.
Speaker 2: It was such a bother and I couldn't understand why are you dropping your teas? Yeah, any names off the air and that, what are you doing? What's wrong with you? We have cats? And he says, oh, it's a kitten in what I've never said anything about it? That is so great ing. Oh goodness, lord hell, I want to hit them. Wow. Okay, Well it's not just my son. I thought, actually thought maybe he had like a speech embediment or something with his tongue or something that kind of sounds like it doesn't it, stop it stop it, But it's just picked up a social trend. Oh be darn. Thanks for bringing that to our attention. That is an important story. You were right, good armstrong and getdy Okay, to show how incredibly ignorant I am on this topic. Like many, I thought cloud Flair was like a Sunflair. It's a company. Yeah, oh okay, I thought you said dot when you said cloud Flare, I thought it was like one. You know, there's a Sunflair or something like that. So there's a company that has a whole bunch of distribution of podcasts, things going on around it, including us, but like Twitter and all kinds of different things, and they're having an outage today.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, it's a web security conglomerate.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I know nothing about that, And it's fascinating from the whole so many things tied together. If the Chinese ever decide to hack us, what's gonna happen thang that we'll all get to live through someday And won't it be exciting?
Speaker 4: Well, I think that whether it was one big outage, it feels like it was probably a year ago or so. That was a fairly insignificant company in the delivery chain of web services, that sort of thing that updated its software, that you tech folks that know what I'm talking about. And well, right, it's just it's all so tied together. It's not like you can, you know, go around a leak in a water main by attaching a hose or something like that. It's a little more difficult to get around problems.
Speaker 2: Well, if you listen to the show, you know I'm a big reader. I love reading. I love keeping track of what new books are coming out. I got a list of books a thousand long books I want to read. This probably won't make the list, but it's coming out right after the first of the year. Gavin Newsome young man in a hurry a Memoir of Discovery with him on the cover as looking very young Kennedy Like, this is not an accident. It's a black and white picture. I mean, it seems clear to me to're trying to give him Kennedy vibes. Yeah, black and white picture. He's in just a shirt and tie walking down a city street, like you know, he's probably mayor at the time, like a guy, you know, I'm really working hard for the people of San Francisco. Young Man in a hurry a Memoir of Discovery. That title makes me want to vomit, but probably not what they're going for. I was reading Mark Calprin's column over the weekend, and he has gone from kind of high issue Gavin Newssom but not that high, to full on high on Gavin Newsom. Thinks Gavin Newsom is a major, major force to be reckoned with in terms of running for president. So I don't know what's made people change their views on this, but that's where it is.
Speaker 4: Jonathan Martin is Politico's senior Political Commonists columnist. Wow, that's a funny Freudian slip politics bureau chief. He's really the head writer there and his pieces admit it. Gavin Newsom is the twenty twenty eight front runner, of course his subhead. For years, Democrats and pundits have rolled their eyes at Gavin Newsom, but he's positioned better than anyone else for the future of politics. The opening sentence, which is a bit of a run on, Jonathan, is an absolute statement of how big the divide is between politics and governance. Politics being in for the purpose of this discussion, running for off his gaining votes, raising money, governance being what the hell are you going to do in office?
Speaker 2: And then you get the whole. Then you got the whole. Run you run in poetry and government prose thing. Yeah right, yeah, So here's your run on sentence. No Democrat has had a better two years than Gavin Newsom. And because all we could start right there, that is purely about politics, not governance. Governance wise nightmare.
Speaker 4: Ask any cal Unicornian, including Democrats.
Speaker 2: The last two of all human we all fall short. Sometimes when all the Walgreens had to close in all the cities because there's so much crime and homeless people and your toothpaste is locked up, energy bills skyrocketing, and then the horrifying fires and people can't get any help because of the red tape in California. Yeah, it's been a great two years.
Speaker 4: Test results coming out showing this kids know nothing, have learned nothing. It's terrible bottomed out anyway, I'll read the whole sentence. Now, no Democrat has had a better two years than Gavin Newsom, and because of it, the California governor, a national figure since he was a thirty six year old boy mayor, has claimed a new title front runner.
Speaker 2: It's easy to find Newsome naysayers.
Speaker 4: In fact, there may not be a modern political figure who was simultaneously so well positioned to be his party's nominee and so doubted by the smart set since well, Joe Biden in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Will how that turnout?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he won barely, and then Jess became one of the worst presidents in American history. But Jonathan will let that go. But he says, let's not make the mistake of ignoring what's in plain view and give the governor's due by the old rules of Democratic nominations. Newsom fits neatly in the tradition of Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, younger outsider candidates who could credibly run fresh campaigns against the Washington status quo while claiming enough insider credentials to reassure party mandarins who care about such things.
Speaker 2: As we've talked about a lot over many years. Because this is applied to Arnold for whatever reason, three thousand miles away here in California from DC and New York, they just have no idea what's going on out here.
Speaker 4: No, they invent narratives and they run with them, and just everybody repeats it in East Coast media about the West Coast all, you know, the entire West Coast.
Speaker 2: That's why I hope that the New York Post actually ends up with a California bureau like they're talking about. Maybe you could get some reporters in California that actually know what's happening, because they reported stuff about Arnold all the time that just wasn't true. Yeah, we thought it was hilarious reading, you know what.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I need to reassess my discussion of the out of touchedness of the Eastern media.
Speaker 2: I don't think they have a single effing.
Speaker 4: Idea what's going on west of Ohio, because I was about to include Nevada and Arizona in the West coast, because you know, I know the politics of those states fairly well, and the East coast media has no idea what's going on. But then Illinois, even they just I've never read any good analysis of Illinois politics out of the East Coast media anyway.
Speaker 2: Newsom, this part is true and troubling.
Speaker 4: Newsom is also the bet position Democrat according to the new rules of politics, namely, whether you can, whether you are or can become famous by breaking through on social media. How many other potential candidates are plausible celebrities who can transcend the political pop culture divide.
Speaker 2: I'll Abama and Trump if.
Speaker 4: You believe the phone in your hand will more than any factor determine the next Democratic nominee. It's hard not to grasp new some strength. As the kids say, he gives main character energy.
Speaker 2: He laugh, I laughed, main character energy, all right. Actually the kids would say main character or energy because they don't say teas anymore. That's right, laziness. Yeah, yeah, Well, it's so my youngest last night I said he's just going to live off the government. It's oh. I was talking about his grades and various things. I'll just what are you gonna do when you're eighteen? And I've given a very I mean, it could have been straight out of a sitcom. I was given such a classic dad speech. But his answer was I'll just live off the government. Frankfully made me laugh. Moral arguments about that. He knows how I feel about that, So he was trying to anyway.
Speaker 4: So the thing about Gaffy and this is not a political liability in a especially a pre primary period, which we're talking about right now. Good god, it's only twenty twenty five and we're actually contemplating on even a little bit the twenty twenty eight race. But on which side of the party's liberal versus moderate divide will knew some position himself.
Speaker 2: Jonathan Martin asks, neither I wanted to be the mansion to Mamdani party. I wanted to be inclusive.
Speaker 4: The government told the governor told him last week, well good luck with that.
Speaker 2: Mad mansion.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's clever because it's got two m's in it. What would that look like, because I don't think the mansion or mansion adjacent Democrats of today have any patients at all with the Mumdani super woke crowd anymore because they realize it's dragging him down. In fact, the Free Press had a great piece by this young woman who is a you know, San Francisco based fundraiser and mover and shaker and the Democratic Party and left it and it's an interesting essay about what happens to you personally when you do that and online it's brutal, absolutely brutal. But Gavin is nothing, But he is nothing if not calculating, and he does not want to run off a single you know, cohort of the Democratic vote at this point, which is probably smart.
Speaker 2: So all right, he's officially.
Speaker 4: On the uh well, he's been on the radar screen for a long time, but he has now been christened anointed by several media heavyweights as the Democrat.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, all depends on who runs against him, of course, and then events make a very big deal. As John McCain was the nominee for the Republicans when we thought the main issue was going to be the war in Iraq and Barack Obama was his opponent, and the main issue ended up being the financial crisis and the collapse and turning to a war veteran with strong opinions on the war in Iraq. Nobody cared because it was all about the economy. You just you never know, You never know, right.
Speaker 4: You want to hear my favorite headline of the day, woman pleads guilty to lying about astronaut wife accessing bank account from space station. That is definitely one of those headlines. Wait, I'm sorry, I need to hear that one more time. There's a lot happening here. Woman pleads guilty to lying about astronaut wife accessing bank account from space stage.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'd missed the first part. The woman pled guilty to lying it never.
Speaker 4: Abowed her lesbian astronaut wife draining the accounts from outer space. I guess it's is it near space?
Speaker 2: Where did she drain the accounts herself and try to blame it on her astronaut? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the midst of a divorce, Yeah, and a bitter custody battle.
Speaker 2: Over kids or a Cordese French.
Speaker 4: Bulldogs they're referring to their son. I believe it is a human still could be a French bulldog conceived through ivy fertilization, carried by a surrogate. Mishaw, you got two women in this relationship, Why do you need a surrogate?
Speaker 2: He is lazy? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm sure we'll get angry emails for that. Maybe you weren't biologically, physically anatomically able to carry a child.
Speaker 2: Were you just lazy? Well, you got two.
Speaker 4: Women's in this relationship, granted the ones in ounter space. I get this so that it eliminates the one. Eh boy. Anyway, I hope those two crazy kids can work out their problems and co parents successfully.
Speaker 2: We're not going to get to it till our three actually came across some I think interesting stuff about the Epstein vote today. What's actually in that bill that I didn't know?
Speaker 4: Uh? Can you imagine going to the bank manager and saying, yeah, I think it's my wife where strange she's draining our accounts from space. Okay, I'll be right back, says the bank manager, and he walks out of the office, not knowing where to go or who to call, but just needing a moment of time to think.
Speaker 2: Walks out, gets in his car and drives at the bar and that's what he does. Okay, we got more on the way, stay here.
Speaker 4: Tonight.
Speaker 2: New details about the list of perks that Glleene Maxwell is getting behind bars.
Speaker 4: The warden helps her send documents and emails the warden.
Speaker 2: Hello, warden, it's game. I'm having just an awful time converting this file to PDS. Dear, Yeah, I'll send the it g I. Oh, no, you want attend to this personally? I'm sorry, Yes, miss, I'm sorry. Am I still on the phone?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, Miss Maxwell?
Speaker 2: And scene all right, Yeah, I've heard about that. Uh, the whole her in prison thing. What's going on there? That kind of prison? If I ever commit a crime, I got to commit a crime that gets me sent to one of those prisons, sounds awesome. I'd feel like it's more of it keeps people away from me, then keeps me away from people like I'm hearing, nobody can come bother me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm definitely it'd be a white collar crime guy. I don't know, I see a little chance for you to, you know, go to the big house.
Speaker 2: I don't know it just the real kind, yes, Michael.
Speaker 4: Just more of a copyright in Frenchman type right, that's about as dangerous as high role.
Speaker 2: You're so right, Michael. So I just saw up on Fox they're interviewing Walter Isaacson, author who's written some great great books Ben Franklin's book. Right, He's got a new book about the Declaration of Independence come out. That sounds fantastic. There's gotta be a lot of good old timey revolutionary stuff coming because of the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of our country, which happens this next July fourth, two thousands.
Speaker 4: Jim Sanderfers has got a fabulous new book coming out.
Speaker 2: True the obviously twenty twenty six is two hundred and fifty years after seventeen seventy six. And so can you look this up, Katie? Did ken Byrne Revolutionary Wars series start already? I thought I heard a tease that it started Sunday night, but I forgot to look into it or whatever. I want to watch that with my son. I'm sure it's gonna be great. I'm a big fan of ken Burns documentaries. I love Founding Father's stuff, absolutely love it. So that's cool. I hope, you know, I hope wherever your kids are they can get a decent dose of founding Father's stuff. That isn't all about them being slaveholders and this and that, which is highly annoying. The penny. You tweeted this out, I think, Joe, so we got rid of the penny. We made the last two pennies the other day. Yes, compared to its value in nineteen sixty six, the penny is now worth a tenth of a cent, the nickel is worth a half a cent, and the dime is the same as what a penny was in nineteen sixty six. Correct. That's not a bad little lesson about inflation, because inflation isn't just a thing that happened during COVID. After Joe Biden, inflation is ongoing. At its best, it's around two percent. But we had a period there in the late seventies early eighties where it was horribly high, and we had a period during COVID where it was horribly high. But so a dime is worth what a penny was in nineteen sixty six. That's a good thing to know and keep in mind. Well, and it points out the absurdity of having a penny. How many people between nineteen sixty six and today would have said, it makes sense to have a tenth of a cent piece. Nobody, No, ridiculous, No, And I'm not sure we need the nickel that is worth a half of a cent from nineteen sixty six.
Speaker 4: For what it's worth, I did all that research on my own, using an inflation calculator and actually found and clipped a illustration of a nineteen sixty six penny for that tweet. I'm practically ken Burns. You did that whole thing that was my documentary about the value of the penny as it was.
Speaker 2: Compared to nineteen sixty six a random hear you chose el America. No, not at all.
Speaker 4: I found the precise year that a penny was almost was more or less exactly a tenth of what is worth right now.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, that's who you're shooting for. We us, Katie. The American Revolution started Sunday and it goes all week. Okay. So it's on now, and I'm sure you can find the older episodes somewhere. So i gotta watch out with my son. I'd love to sit down and watch out with my son. I've seen some of the previews of it and looks absolutely fantastic And despite what you might think, having watched the interviews with Ken Burns going around, sounds like he's gonna give up pretty good, just general like it was, you know, me as a kid lesson in the Revolutionary War, and it's importance in the Founding Fathers, not some sort of new sixteen nineteen project we should be ashamed of ourselves version exactly.
Speaker 4: That's what everybody's asking, particularly because Ken is a man of the left. Yeah, is there gonna be Howard Zinn wokeism in it? From what I've heard, no, which is wild. How does he keep that out?
Speaker 2: How does he think it's important to keep that out of his documentaries which he seems to have Yet in his personal life he goes around doing all these interviews talking like a progressive. I don't know, we'll have to see. Wonder what that is. I wonder why he does that. Anyway. We do a lot of hours, a lot of segments. If you miss one, gets podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty