Speaker 1: Walking aboss the Territory Ladies and Jet Amen. Seventh straight win for the Red Sox here tonight. Final score four nothing, record improves to sixty two and fifty one. They're thirty and five since the night mayre flight. I mean, they just can't find a way to lose a game. I don't even know who. I feel like I've been saying the same thing over and over and over again. I just don't even know what to say. What else is there to say? They just can't stop winning. Did they have a blowout here tonight? No, they did not. But they looked very good here tonight, including Sonny Gray. He looked like he had a way better feel for all of his pitchers here tonight, Compared to the last two starts. You felt like he got into a bit of a groove in the last Star got off to a bit of a tough start, but he settled in against Sacramento. He looked really good here. From the get go. It looked like had a great feel for his breaking stuff here tonight, settled in right off the bat, kept guys off balance, got a ton of week contact. Sonny Gray looked very good here tonight, winning his fourteenth game. Also, I'm gonna point this out. I'm gonna point this out. I love the new dynamic duo of Sonny Gray and Adley Rutchman. That was That's just been hilarious to me seeing Sonny Gray just yapp in Adley's ear off, Like Adley literally just showed up here. He's probably thinking, man, is this guy? Does this guy ever stop talking? It's hilarious to me. I love how they keep cutting so those guys having a conversation. I love that. Hey, I don't know why. It's not the same thing as like Nate Robinson and Glenn Davis back in the day with the Celtics. Right, how long ago was that now? Like ten years ago, like fifteen years ago? Geez, But I love that. I love those two, right, it was like the Shrek and Donkey of the Celtics. Not the same thing. But I always love, like, you know, partners like that, like duos where you just you know, you just just love them. You had that kind of with Peyton totally Connolly early a little bit. Can we please get that with Sonny Gray and Adley. Sonny and Adley the best friends that you could ever have. Man, oh man, But Sonny Gray looked excellent here tonight. The offense very efficient here tonight. Again. You know, obviously we had the blowout last night. Didn't do that here tonight. Sean Burke, Like I said, this was gonna be a tough one, and you know, he didn't go very deep in her here tonight. And while the Red Sox were able to get a couple off him, I felt like he was looking you know, he's pretty tough. You know, the Red Sox were doing what they could, but in the end they got the job done. Seven hits on the night. You had timely bass hits, getting the bat on the ball like we're used to seeing good bass running as well. Just a very clean offensive game here tonight. And then you had a little bit of power mixed in as well. Will you or Bray you're staying hot? Fifth home run in his last six games, Man oh Man. Just a good mix of offense here tonight. And Wilson Conchers, how about Wilson Contreras and uh Sam Antonashi? What was that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What was that? In the very beginning of the game, Antonashi grounds out and then he just bumps his elbow into Wilson as he's running by him. Like why, Like what's even like are you trying to get into his head or something like I don't know, so odd, like what was even the point of that? But Wilson, Wilson never forgets, ladies and gentlemen, He never forgets. He always remembers, like Pepperidge Farms, he returned the favor RBI base hit here tonight and throwing him out at home on a play at the plate. Sam Antonashi's never gonna mess with Wilson Contreras ever again, Sonny Gray. Actually, I'm pretty sure he returned the favor on that plunked him a little bit later. Yeah, again, why why why did he do that? I don't I don't get it. Anyway, Wilson Gregeris did leave the game here tonight, had an illness. We were all freaking out at one point. I'm like, what is going on? Why is he out of the game? Why what is happening here? But looks like he just came down a little under the weather, So Chad Tracy just speaking about it after the game. In the end, Wilson, even when the guys under the weather still helping the Red Sox win games, you just gotta love it, man, Jared Duran with a good night. He went two for three, Caleb Durban getting another hit here tonight. Great defense from Caleb Durban here tonight, Man oh Man, Jared Durant eight for his last twenty five, hitting three fifteen with the seven ninety seven ops over his last fifteen games. Again, all yeah, like we've seen a lot with Jaron Duran. He's streaky, but hey, when he goes on these streaks, you welcome them all day, every day. But all you know, like I've said, the skill set with him, the speed that he brings to the table. Showed that here tonight stealing a bag, bad throw over to third base, get and then Monasterio with a shallow fly ball steals home, steals scores from a third base and slides home. Just Duran, you know, yeah, down year, but again you take the streaks and he's still other than that. He will still find ways to help this team. Bullpen was solid here tonight. What a great night for the bullpen, Tyrone, Guerrero, Garrett Whitlock, Giovanni Moran six strikeouts combined. Moran struck out three in the ninth inning to shut it down. I mean, just a great game here, tonight. Clean game. You don't need to blow out every single game. Yeah, it's fun, but just a clean baseball game here tonight. You know. Gotta love that. We got a lot of members here in the chat. Thank you for joining me tonight, ladies and gentlemen. Oh we got a super chat, Matt. What's going on? Matt? I think I answered your question by uh, looking at the super chat here is contreraus all right, you know, we'll keep our eyes on this. We'll keep our eyes on it. I uh, you know, Jack Tracy just saying, you know, he just feeling a little under the weather. Uh, you know, because it was funny when Antonashi like bumped him. We've seen Wilson obviously just like react emotionally before. I'm like, oh, look at look at Wilson keeping himself composed. He ended up ended up beating him within the field instead of trying to come to blows. Gotta love that. Yeah. I guess maybe just wasn't really feeling hot anyway, So who knows, if Wilson was feeling all right, maybe that could have got a little differently. I don't know. But again Jack Tracy saying that he is okay, we got some members here in the chat thinking of the members, Paul, what's going on? Man? How you doing? Oh Matt, Oh, Matt signed up for a Monster membership. We got to play the music early here, man oh Man, Matt, thank you for becoming a Monster member, my friend, thank you so much. Buttered sausages here? Who else we got in here? What other members do we have in here tonight? Phoenix is here? What's going on? Everybody? Welcome? Welcome, Jacob's here? How are we doing? Welcome to the show, everybody, Jacob, and the chat says, I'm a proud fan right now. I think we're all just very proud of the way this team's playing. Man. Now, this is fun and we're all hypes. Everything is just going so well. I mean, you know, but you're very proud of the way this team has turned it around, too, man, very proud. Swaharat one another one of our members is here. Thank you for coming out, my friend, Thank you for everybody to coming out tonight. Let's get this show on the road. We've got a few things to talk about here. You know what, instead of starting with the pitching, let's start with the offense here tonight, again, not a whole lot of offense. Yeah, not a whole lot, but more than enough. Will You're the base hit in the first inning, Burke with a wild pitch that ends up moving will You're over? And then here comes Wilson, drives a left.
Speaker 3: Center field drops in base it. Wilson catreris a bray who scores, and the Red Sox are on the board one nothing in the bottom of the first.
Speaker 1: Even though Wilson's under the weather, this man is still just being I think you can say the MVP of this team, man Wilson contraris. It was actually a good a b It was the seventh pitch Burke. He just hung a knuckle curve and he just drives it out again, not trying to do too much with it, just getting the bat on the ball. Good swing. Gotta love it. Second inning, you add on on a little bit more here adding on a little bit more or not? The second inning? Sorry, third inning, here comes will you r brave.
Speaker 3: It's not been easy as of late to pray you and torches it in my field. Montgomery likes, I'll pray you. What's done it again, twentieth home run of the season. Red Socks expand their lead to nothing in the.
Speaker 1: Third, Like I said on the broadcast, twentieth home run of the year, five home runs in his last six games, will you or bray you is just red hot. Ladies and gentlemen, you know what, Let me actually pull up here the updated numbers of how he's doing over his last seven games. An eight twenty one slugging. The guy's out of his mind right now. Eight for his last twenty eight, five home runs in his last seven games. The guy, I mean, remember he got a little Colt got a little cold there, but uh, William Bray right now, this guy is just on another planet with the power. The swing is looking great. Gotta love that now, Sean Burke, he did settle in for a couple more innings there. But what the Red Sox did very well another underrated part of the Red Sox offense here tonight. Well, you know, took him a little bit to score a couple more runs. Later on, they drove up the pitch count with Burke, who has been really good lately. We took a look at the numbers last night. The guy's been pitching out of his mind. Like he just had a great performance against the Yankees his last time out. But the Red Sox offense. They drove up the pitch count. They made him throw ninety one pitches through four in a third. So yeah, you know, they didn't get a whole lot of offense against him, but they got him out of the game. Seventh thing, Duran, he gets a base hit off Sean Newcome who came in after Sean Burke. And then here it comes Huascar braz Abon, another new White Sox coming in. Made a couple other moves. Yeah, well we're gonna see another one here. Luis Castillo, he's gonna be on the mound for the White Sox, but you're bringing Brenton Doyle, Joey Bart and then Wasca Brazebond from the Mets. He's been picturing really well out of their bullpen this year. But then Duran after he comes in, he steals second, but then a bad throat from Drew Romo, Duran ends up moving over to third base, and then Ade Monasterio shallow fly ball to left field only two hundred and fifty feet. Durant scores easily on the slide. He gives the Red Sox a three to nothing lead, and then in the eighth inning, Yeah, in the eighth thning. You're already feeling pretty good. You got a three run lead, but you know what, let's add on a little bit more. William gets on. He ends up stealing seventh base of the year, and here comes Caleb derber.
Speaker 3: I. He lines at the right field. That's a base in a bray. You the green light around third, testing the arm of Montgomery. RBI single for Caleb Durban.
Speaker 1: Caleb Durban. Very nice piece of hitting there, opposite field base hit. The guy's just, you know, we'll keep saying it every single time, man, but the guy is just a completely different player from the one that we saw the first couple of months that made it for nothing. That was all the Red Sox we're gonna need here tonight because Sonny Gray. This guy was absolutely fantastic here tonight. Led the way with the breaking stuff. Bit of a different pace from what we've seen, going with the sweepers, going with the curve balls here tonight. A lot of weak contact eighty four point six miles an hour average exit V low. They could not get any good wood on the ball here tonight. He sat down six of the first seven. Again, we talked about it. Antonashi ground out over to Wilson, but in the process Wilson he runs over to first to tag to step on the bag and then Antonashi just elbows him again. I know what that was about. But third inning. Again, the first couple of innings, it was pretty simple, but third inning he runs into a little bit of trouble. Mike Droff with a k romo flies out. But then Antonashi again, you were you kind of return the favor a little bit. At least that's what it looked like a hit by pitch to me. He throws a couple of strikes, he got the bases empty, and then he just plunks him with a sinker. So I don't know. I'm not gonna say he did it on purpose, but I don't know. He's talking right now, maybe he'll actually talk about that. But he ends up hitting him. Murakami then with a walk, Vargas sharp ground ball to third base Caleb Durban like I said, driving in a run earlier, but holy cow, he made a great diving play here. Wasn't able to finish the play. The throw was a little off at first, but then Wilson, noticing Antonashi coming home, he throws home. Antonashi tagged out by a mile, not even close. He slides in, bumps his head on Connor Wong's knee. Man oh Man. Fourth inning, Ben and Tendy with a double. Then he strikes out Coulson Montgomery, braid of Montgomery and Tristan Peters swinging struck out Coulson Montgomery in a fastball up and away, Braida Montgomery sweeper in the dirt, Peter's curve in the dirt. Sonny Gray looked great here in the fourth inning despite the double from Benny ball game. Fifth inning, gets a couple more k's Mike Droth Muracami going down both on Sweepers. Six inning, Vargas with a base hit, but then Coulson Montgomery grinding on into a double play. Just a great knife for Sunny Gray. Sixth innings, three hits, zero, earned a couple of walks, but he strikes out eight. Fourteenth win of the year for Sonny Gray. The bullpen locking it down. Tyron Guerrero one two, three, seven pitch inning in the seventh strikes out Braida Montgomery. Also another great play from Caleb Durban here, Peter's bunt attempt over the third Durban making it look easy. Eighth inning, Whitlock shuts it down. He gets a couple of strikeouts. Gravanni Moran striking out three. Holy cow, what a night for the pitching staff, solid night for the offense. Just a great game all around here tonight the Red Sox. You gotta love it. You gotta love it. Green Monster in the chat, Guerrero is nasty? Oh man, did did Arius hit another home run? Hold on a set? I have not been paying attention on. Let me see if we can, uh, can we pull up this Arius home run? Here? Hold on, Arius man, Yep, we had it a couple of hours ago. Look, we we can watch this. This is These are minor league highlights. I won't get tagged for the minor league highlights. Let's uh, let's take a let's take a watch here together, ladies and gentlemen. Ah, No, hold on, I gotta I don't know if that's gonna work. I don't know if that's gonna work. You know what was the I think I remember how to fix this. Ah, there is a I found out a way to fix that. Whenever I share my screw eating, it comes out like that. There's a way to fix it. Oh, you know what? Hold on? I think I got it. Let's go back, hold on, I think I got this. Let's do let's do this. I think this is gonna do it. There we go, all right, I fixed it, fixed it. Here we go. Let's let's watch a little Let's watch a little Franklin Arius. Arius goes after the first pitch. It's a drive to deep center. Meisner is only gonna watch Franklin Arius onto the burd do nothing. Wo socks ninety six miles an hour. Let mean, let's actually watch that one more time. I mean, just right over the plate. Orius just drills it. Man, listen, If he keeps playing like this, I don't know, man, we might have another Uh might have another another Xander Bogart's situation yet again. You know, Trevor Story is going to be coming back here eventually. He looks like he's going to be shooting for Let me actually hold on, let me pull this up here. We did have a bit of news on that did have a bit of a time frame on it. He actually did speak about the trade deadline, saying here when asked about the rumors of the Red Sox looking for a shortstop, he said, there was speculation, for sure, I saw it that that's the business side of the game. I can't really control that, especially when I'm not playing. I wouldn't say that the rumors bug me, but I keep note for sure. He's just he's paying attention, he's observing. But the timeline. He says here that he is targeting a return to the lineup before the end of August, and says it's possible he could go in a rehab assignment in the next couple of weeks. So that's gonna be really interesting. He's not gonna have a lot of time. I mean, if Arius is playing great, if Arius continues to swing the stick well, extra la and if Story comes back and he gets a couple of weeks, I mean, you know, and if he's not performing, you know, I don't know. I wonder how long the Red Sox will give him again. Could you see another situation like when Bogart's got called up back in twenty thirteen. You never want to compare situations like that, but you wonder if you could end up seeing a bit of a situation like that. So we are going to talk about Game three, Red Sox going for the sweep, going for their eighth straight win tomorrow before we do, though we do have a word from our sponsor tonight. We'll be right back.
Speaker 4: For parents looking for a new path to help your child succeed this year, there's still time to enroll in K twelve powered online schools. K twelve Powered schools offer tuition free, accredited online public education for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. Tod Father take it away.
Speaker 2: Stride is a wonderful option for anybody that's always on the run. I mean, look at myself, from playing baseball to helping out a lot of people. Stride is fantastic for your child to be homeschool. They will love it no matter what.
Speaker 4: K twelve's dedicated teachers are trained in virtual instruction, and they provide real time support, all in an online setting that works for your family at home or anywhere that there's internet. If you're on the go, it could be for you. It's not too late to enroll this fall. See how K twelve powered schools can help your child thrive this year and beyond. Enroll online today at K twelve dot com slash foul that's the letter K the number twelve dot com slash foul. K twelve dot com slash foul K twelve, serving three million students and counting.
Speaker 1: Alright, A game three tomorrow, Ladies and gentlemen, going for win number eight in a row, going up against the new Chicago White Sox Luis Castill. I'll actually say, despite the down year that he's having, he's three to nine el ray over a five. The fifth doesn't look all that much better. He's definitely having one of the worst years of his career. But I did like that edition for the White Sox. Felt like they needed just a veteran guy to have in that rotation. It would have been great, you know, for them, if they could have gotten like re Debtmers, you know, someone with some upside there. But Castillo, Let's see if maybe they can get him turned around a little bit. But listen, not trying to sound biased here, but he has a tough task against the Red Sox here tomorrow. Obviously, the Red Sox offense has been great over the last thirty days. The Red Sox rank top five in ops, WRC plus and run scored. It's gonna be a tough task, isn't that. Isn't that crazy to hear those kind of numbers, top five in those offensive categories over the last thirty days we were talking to were all looking at you know, those first couple of months, you're like bottom three in everything, and now they're top five over the last month and everything. It's insane the turnaround, man like, bonkers, bonkers. But Luis Castillo again e alra five point zero six fIF at a four point five seven taking a look at the stack cast. Dang it, stack cast isn't gonna work. All right, We're just gonna I'm not gonna keep trying to fix that. But sorry to play the music again. It comes automatically when I switched the scene. But uh, with Castillo, you know, he's still got his V low sitting around ninety five. He's still getting guys to chase out of the zone thirty three percent of the time. That's seventy fourth percentile. This year, he's still you know, good with his command seven percent walk rate, that's sixty seventh percentile. He's just not getting a lot of swing and miss. He's giving up a lot of hard contact. I don't know, it's like, man like, this guy was so good. Remember when he first went to the Mariners. That trade was that twenty twenty one twenty twenty two. He was so good then, but he's getting pounded this year four to seventy three slugging against his four seam, five twenty slugging against his slider. I mean, his sinker has a three eighty slugging against it, but the expected slugging is a five point fifty nine. It's like he's just getting pounded now. Taking a look. I mean, if we're looking at his run values, his sinker is his best pitch with a positive one run value, but batters are hitting two ninety six against it. He's not giving up a lot of damage. He's giving up a lot of base hits though, So you know, I mean again, you know this is a you're looking for a possible change of scenery here with the White Sox. Maybe they could tweak a couple of things. You know, we'll see, you know. I wonder, I don't know, like, I wonder if they get away from his four seemer because it's gonna be interesting with him, because you know this is let me let me make sure, yes, this is his first start just with the White Sox. So I wonder if they go with more sinkers with him, because that has been I get, you know, results wise, it's been a better pitch than the four seams, so I wonder if we see a little bit more of that change up hasn't been very good either. It's like, I don't know, I'm very curious to see what what we see pitch mix wise tomorrow from Luis Castill. But on the mound for the Red Sox, we got Ranger Suarez. He's come back the last couple of stars hasn't really gone deep into the games. Went around the same ish pitch count last time against the Dodgers, had a tough task against the Dodgers last time out. He came out Giovanni Moran and then and uh Otani hit a ball that I think hasn't even come down yet. But Ranger, you're just looking to keep building, right, As we've said a million times, this guy's a feel kind of a picture. So once he gets a few starts under his bell, I we're gonna get back to that Ranger that we've seen go on some good stretches and hopefully from here on out until the end of the year, hopefully he stays injury free. I'm hoping we can keep this steady the rest of the way. But over the nineteen starts, elra three point one five FIP at a two point five to five. He's been very good this year when healthy. Overall, he actually has the highest strikeout rate of his career so far nine point four five strikeouts per nine. Career average is one lower at eight and a half. It's not walking a lot of guys. He's doing a great job keeping the ball in the yard. He's always done well with that. But I mean this is his lowest rate since twenty twenty one when he was coming in and coming out of the bullpen that year, right, So he's been phenomenal this year. It's been a great pickup. But again with Suarez, you're just looking to just keep building after going on the il of the groin strain. So in the chat, Jake seventy to eighty pitches, probably that sounds I was thinking he was going to go there the last start, because I think the first start he threw. Let me actually check, he's been right around the same with his pitch counts the last two. Let me see here the last start, Yeah, I mean it was right basically the same. He threw sixty five against the Dodgers, sixty four against the Blue Jays, So hopefully we can get her, you know, to a round eighty like you just said in the chats. So we'll see. We'll see Julio Sanchez in the chat. Ranger will be awesome now now that he's finished his sandwich. Listen, I really want to make that shirt. That's a great shirt. I need to be the first because I know someone out there is probably already trying to make it. I got to make that shirt. Ranger and his sandwich, we need it. Did we ever find out what was in the sandwich? Someone told me I had someone tell me it was an uncrustable. I don't think it was an uncrustable because it looked like two slices of bread. So and then someone else yesterday in the comments said it was a peanut butter and honey sandwich. Was that it? Did they ever say what it was? Or was it a PBing j I don't know. It seems like there is there was some kind of peanut butter in this sandwich. Whatever it was, I don't even care what sandwich. We need to make it a T shirt, Paul. We got a super chat at one of our members if the socks keep rolling, will just keep Arius down. Lombard came up because Volpi sucks, oh Man, Volpi Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wonder if Ulpy ends up getting a change of scenery at some point. I do think there's a talented player there. I just wonder if he needs to go elsewhere, if he needs to just I don't know, needs a bit of a reset. To me, I think there is a talented player. I think he's just got to find a team that's gonna, I don't know, just get the most out of what he does at the play. Is a guy with speed, he can play good defense. I don't know. But yeah, Lombard, I hey, he's looking like the real deal hitting Homer and his first Yankee ab Man oh Man, but Arius, I mean, listen, I think it's even if the Red Sox keep winning games and he's hitting well, and if Story's not hitting well and also got pants tankshit a monasterio as well. While he has been hitting great lately and he's been really contributing, you gotta pay attention with him, you know, so, like, can he keep it going? So it seems like to me, the way the Red Sox are going with things, they're going with the hot hand in a lot of spots, you know, wherever you know, you look at the leadoff spot, right, it feels like you had a different leadoff hitter all the time. And then I feel like Ivarius is hitting well, why not give him a look, especially if it's in September. So I will say, I believe there is a there's a deadline I think to call a player up for them to be eligible for the postseason roster. When is postseason eligibility minor league call up? I might be wrong on that. A Major league base O No, Yeah, in Major League Baseball, the postseason roster eligibility deadline is August thirty first. To be eligible for a playoff roster, a minor leaguer or acquired player must be in the organization and placed on the forty man roster by this date. So something to pay attention to keep an eye on that. So, yeah, we got until the end of the month. You kind of wonder, we'll see, We'll see. We got how many more days here? Twenty five, twenty six more days. So I think they're gonna pay attention to that. I think they're gonna want to get story, hopefully on this rehab assignment in the next couple of weeks, just so they can see what they got. So Phoenix, I'm looking at it here, I'm looking at the forty man roster, and I am not seeing Arius on this not seeing Arius got Christian Campbell shang, Yeah, no, I'm not seeing Arius. So but Joe, Oh, I see you in the chat. Don't want to bring him up uh too fast and ruin him. I don't think they're gonna call him up too fast. Like I think they'll call him up again if he's if he's hitting well and he's showing good plate discipline and he's making good swing decisions. I don't think they're gonna call him up just to call him up. But I mean, I will say, though, I'm not against him at all, whether or not they call him up before then or after. I mean, in whatever he ends up getting some major league gay bs, why not. It's the end of the season anyway, I mean, their season is gonna be over in the like a month or so. So anyway, Ac in the chat, what does the defense look like? He's a smooth defender out there. He's not gonna be you know, like, yeah, he's not gonna be Uh, it's not gonna be Auzzie Smith by any means. But he's a solid defender out there, so you know, but they even if he doesn't play short, you know, even if he ends up playing some second whatever. So we'll see, keeping on, keeping on, Jake and the chat. Siegler, he's been struggling and they made the switch to so guard. Yeah again. I that's another example, right, I feel like they're just going with the hot hands lately. You know, we will see what ends up happening. I just want to make sure no more super chats, no more super chats here. I'm gonna get out of here, ladies and gentlemen. I'm gonna get out of here. We're gonna keep it short and sweet tonight. I will be going live tomorrow morning on my main channel. I'm gonna be doing my I'm a little late to the party on this my trade deadline grades. Unfortunately, I was gonna do those today and then well I was gonna do him yesterday, but my voice was pretty spent from the trade deadline stream on Monday, and then we had to do this stream last night. So I was like, you know what, let me let me kind of rest the voice a little bit, and then I'll go. I was gonna go today, but unfortunately had a couple of things pop up and had to go take care of some actual real life stuff out there today, so I wasn't able to do that today. So I'm just gonna go live with those tomorrow morning. So if you want to come on out, be on the lookout over on the main channel. So everyone, I'm out of here. If you can of the way out, hit the like button, subscribe if you're new. Good night for the socks, going for eight straight tomorrow, going for the sweep. We'll see you then,