Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: UFC three fourteen is headed the South Beach. It won't be all blitz and glamorur, but stars will be out. Don't miss any of the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, the official sports betting partner of the UFC. It promised to be another banger Knights of fights, especially the featherweight main event between two evenly matched fighters first time. Just picking something simple like a fighter to win and make your pick. It's that simple. And if you're new to Draft Kings, listen up. New customers bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly step into the octagon with Draft Kings sports Book. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook out now and use code money Moves. That's code money moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only at Draft Kings. The Crown is.
Speaker 3: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler, or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred Gambler dot neat in New York call eight seven an eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill, Casino and resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on the amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: All right, listen up, taxpayer is time for what you all really tuned in and listen to me for financial advice tax season. Boost Mobile wants you to turn your tax refund into six months of saving. When you buy six months on their best unlimited plans, Boost will give you another six months for free. That's like six times two divided by one charity A really good deal. They told me I should have been a tax accountant. Well would you trust me with your money? Well that's great news because I'm not done yet. Visit boost mobile store doing tax season and enter to win up to ten thousand dollars to double your refund, or if you're really good at math and money stuff like me, pay off what you still owe. Okay, time to take my financial envirovor hat off and put on my lawyer hat. Requires upfront payment, tax and fees. Extra terms and exclusion apply. Visit boostmobile dot com for full offer terms and sweets details. And now I get back to my boring old day job. Head over to your nearest boost mobile store and make the most out of your tax refund. Oh Joe Matt Eberflus handling up the infamous Hail Mary's loss Alloyd Blake Bears players. Caleb william revealed how Ebraflu's handled it all at the time for that game was I think one of the things that throughout the locker room people talked about and were annoyed by. Ebraflus had a hold on. What about the dB that was joshing around with the fans, what what about the cup? What about the what about the accountability of the players if he was where he was supposed to be. See, that's what annoys me about this the millennial the gen z is that they want to absolve themselves of responsibility, accountability. Now we see the guy, he's over there doing this, the players going on, he's making fun of the people and the fans who have no impact on the game. And then the quarterback blames the head coach.
Speaker 4: Listen, you know how it is in situations like that, we go of all that on Fridays. Yes, we go over every scenario possible on Friday, just in case it happens.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this, do hey, do what you do? What you're doing. And the one thing that we did do is that when we run those flows and we practice, the guys of a defensive side, they're not messing with the people in the sands. So, Caleb, you don't mind me asking, So what responsibility? What was that was his last name? Stevenson? Who's that DV number twenty nine? So I just want to know. I just want to hear him say what Tyreek Stevenson, Caleb Williams as a guy to guys that played in the NFL, what responsibility? What role did Tyreek Stevenson play in that? I know you said there were things periorating throughout the locker room that Ebon flews when you lost that game. I just want to hear you say what role you believe he played in that? Right?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: Was this said recently by Caleb Williams or we not mis killed? Were not misquoting anything he said?
Speaker 2: How Ebra Flues handled it at the time for that game, I think was one of the things that throughout the locker room people talked about and were annoyed by.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I mean and listen, I'm not sure how that's on the on the coach at all, because I'm sure when it's done in Fridays and Friday's practice, whether it be walked through or whether it be full speed, I'm sure you're not messing with.
Speaker 2: If he's where he's supposed to be.
Speaker 4: It might the outcome might be different there.
Speaker 2: The outcome might be different.
Speaker 4: Now, there have been times where people have done the right way and it just so happened. They got lucky and they caught it.
Speaker 2: You can live with it, but I can't live with this. No, And that's what I'm say. And see what I tell people, hard work doesn't guarantee you anything, but I believe it. When I believe without it, you don't have a chance. See o jo. If I go by something and I work as hard as I possibly can and it doesn't happen. It didn't happen. But when people have regret, if I did and stay out so late, if I didn't drink, had I taken it more serious?
Speaker 4: Come on that.
Speaker 2: You can have lifetime. You can have a lifetime of discipline. You can have a lifetime of regret. Choose wisely. Hold on that. Now, don't do that. Don't do that. I can't, I can't wait.
Speaker 4: Say give me, give me, come on, listen, give me that one more time.
Speaker 2: You can have a life discipline or a lifetime of regret. For you to blame the coach when this guy, when you see the guy joshing around the play is going on, and then he's running as hard as he possibly can to try, and then he's late. He's the woman tempt the ball and let Brown catch it. Nor Brown catch it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's supposed knock the ball down. Whatever you do, rule umber one knock the ball down.
Speaker 2: Dang damn. Yeah, I just that's that's what I don't. I don't get I just he look it's over with. Just just move on. He came out better, saying, hey, look guys, that was that was last year. Hopefully we're better in those situations this year. We got a new coaching staff. Guys are excited. I get that's my rookie year. I had some ups, had some downs. There's some things I can do better. We will get better. We've improved in a lot of areas. We've revapped the offensive line. Guys understand me. I understand them. Hey, I'm very excited about this season. But to talk about that play without mentioning layer that should have been, I don't. I don't get down position.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, most definitely. Hey, and one thing about them Bears, Uh, I could tell you this now, I would just just to finish on something positive. That God damn Cayler Williams and Ben Johnson. Boy, the magic that they're finna have and the chemistry they have.
Speaker 2: They got wrong. They got Roma Doomsay, they got Dj Moore. They improved that offensive line by leaps and Browns, that Joe Tooney. They signed a couple of guys, they got three guys in free agency.
Speaker 4: Listen, the offensive creativity alone itself. The Bear is gonna be must watched. They're gonna be must watched. I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for him. But they don't have a choice. Excited because the choice in that division. The Packers are in that division, Minnesota's in that division. What choice do you have if you don't get better against what you'll finish the last again like you finished for the last several years.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. Hold on, let me use the back real quick on.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Oh show, oh Joe, Deshaun Watson say he will come back better than he ever was. Everyone don't think I can get back to where I was. I believe the work that I put in that I believe in myself. I know I'm gonna be way better than before.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's where it all started. Huh, that's that's that's where it all started. That one of the problems with Deshaun Watson in previous years, based on how you look, is it looked like it's confidence was shot. It looked like a confidence was shot. I even asked you before. Why does it seem like other quarterbacks that come into the game that play in the exact same system look that much better than he does. Why would Joe Flacco coming in and leading them to clean the Brown to a first round playoff? Berth Why does the offense look completely different every time somebody else is at the helm. For one, I think Shawn might might might not have been all the way fully healthy, you know. Outside of that, I think it's confidence for Shot, and you could tell by his decision making when he was playing. I don't know, listen. I hope he gets back to the older Seawan that we used to see in and make that AFC North that much more interesting, whereas A it's a it's a four quarterback battle, you know for the top.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, you know, three quarterback because talk called Kmar and tell him to go ahead and send me those cigars who k Mark?
Speaker 4: Oh I forgot k k O listen now, I don't want to listen. I don't play by my cigars now, no one thing about it. I ain't heard from him since. I ain't heard from Kmar since, and I would hey, listen, I would hate it. I would hate it. I would hate I would hate to have to jump on him. I would hate I would hate to have to do a twin.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna calling themorrow. I'm gonna say, k Mar, just go and send that to me.
Speaker 4: Hey, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Seventy games lunatics and them. Daniel Marshall's They.
Speaker 4: Listen, he's seeing my cigars. I probably had too. I have I probably had to whoop.
Speaker 2: I'm just between you and m But I'm gonna get them cigars. Cigar. You know my brother loves cigars. Now he don't. He don't.
Speaker 4: He don't smoke them, kind though you don't smoke them kind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he don't. He don't smoke them, but he will.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, chat, y'all tell Kenya Martin man, make sure I need he got three days? He got three days? Because if he got three days to get my cigars to Miami, or I'm gonna come on Gill's arena, I'll fight l A. I whoop Keny Martin. Matter of fact, I whooped everybody on Gills podcast.
Speaker 2: Why you want to whoop everybody? But you don't want to pay.
Speaker 4: Me because it's guilty by association? So Gil gonna get it?
Speaker 2: Can you? I guess what? Whoever? I gotta whip you all the kids, Chauncey, everybody guilty by associations?
Speaker 4: Hey, my kid, my kids all jump you boy?
Speaker 2: What I'm looking for my kids?
Speaker 4: You don't want no smoking the boys?
Speaker 2: Hey? All that said? Hey, this for your daddy. Hey, daddy, pay this man. Hey, Hey, you remember how they call what you call him? They called little man out there, Saint Louis. How he did it? Hey, with Saint Louis caught it and they put it, put his head the car and then put that note, put the cigarette out on his nose, and he with that told dollar Bill. Oh, he said, man, you need to pay this man for somebody to get hurt. No, you won't get hurt. Ain't no, somebody you And that's funny hambling and all that he's been injured.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, that's tough.
Speaker 2: We could continue this. We'll come back after this old show actually connecting now. Draft pick Amrion Hampton. He's a second team of AP All American First Team All acc running back finalist for the Dope Walker Award. Led the team with fifteen rushing touchdowns, ranked third in the FBF with sixteen hundred and sixty rushing yards. A former Gatorade in North Carolina Mister Football Player of the Year and winner of the States Mister Football. Where your Eyes set on unc or? Oh no, a Marion, I'm about to read. I'm about to read everything for you. Bro.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 2: How you doing, Bro?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good of us.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great.
Speaker 4: Roll.
Speaker 2: I see you repp in c AA. So that's the agency that you signed with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I just recently enjoyed them.
Speaker 5: Uh, they've been with me through the past season, so I felt pretty good about them.
Speaker 2: Congratulations. Let me ask you this your gator Rade, mister North Carolina. You're arguably you're obviously so you win that award. That means you're the state's best football player. Why did you choose you UNC? Did you want to stay at home? Did you did you go to Georgia? Did you Alabama or anybody else? What was it about UNC that says, you know what home is where I want to be?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I I took the official to Florida. I took the official to Auburn, Penn State, and then UNC, and then I kind of narrowed it down the Penn State in UNC, and then I kind of was just always up in UNC. It's like fifty minutes from my crib. So it's like I got another teammates, I got another coaches. I feel like it. I feel like the playing style they had at the time, the offense they had at the time fit me well. So that was a big part of it too, So I feel like all of that put it in together.
Speaker 4: So hey, I want I want to ask you about your combine experience. My combine experience being very nervous, uh, the unfamiliarity having to be in front of scouts, being in front of you know, that many people, and the pressures that came with it. How did it was your apperience as combine and how do you feel you did?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like it was definitely different.
Speaker 5: It was something I had to just to just being in like meeting at the meeting, at the meeting, just going into that and then having to like run your forty and do like all the competitive stuff on the last day. But I feel like I feel like I did good on it. I feel like I was prepared for it. I feel like Brent the guy was training with Brent Callaway h did a good job with all his players and stuff like that. I feel like he'd been helping us prepare for it well. So I feel like I feel like I did well. So it was it was a good experience just to get to talk to all the head coaches and stuff.
Speaker 1: It was really cool.
Speaker 4: If you had to take a guess on the coaches that you talk and you know how you can get a feel. You can get a feel on who likes you, and you kind of get a feel on who based on the type of questions they asked you, based on how in depth they get with the personal questions outside of the game of football. If you had to take a guess, who do you think is leaning towards the drafting you on draft.
Speaker 5: A Yeah, I mean, I mean, whoever picked me off be happy with it. But I mean there's a lot of teams to need to run back, so I mean, whoever pick me gonna get the best of me. Really, I feel like I kind of don't look at all the draft my jazz and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Because that's why I'm gonna take it. Because a lot of the mock draft, the latest mock draft have you go into the Broncos Now if you need to hook up, you know, I know some people. If you look at Mario, if you look at it, you see what sat Kwan was able to do. You see what jamiir gives, and you see what Josh Jacobs, and you see what King Henry we see. You see the researchers. There was a stretch for about a decade, the running back was not as not a decade, probably say six seven years, the running back was not as valued as it seems to be currently is and coming back, Why do you think that is? And what can you add if a team I'm drafted, I draft tomorrow, y'all tell me what type of player? What type of person am I getting?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's just for me. I feel like I love to see it, just.
Speaker 5: Like that Derrick Henry Takuan is just them doing their thing out there. I feel like it's putting more value in the position itself. I feel like if the team drafts me, they're gonna get a three down back, They're gonna get a guy that plays special teams.
Speaker 1: They gotta go.
Speaker 5: Everybody can run in this league. So I feel like passing section is a big thing I can on. I feel like catch not the batfield is another thing that I can on. Just learning the defense, learning like where the stations are, learning with how the linebackers move like that, Just different things like all the and depth stuff like that. So just different stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Unless you run back punts a kickoff and I don't know if they're gonna put you out there on special team. You might your last special team college.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact. Matter of fact, I'm glad you just said that. You said you were three that back, and then you said what you can do protection. Then you brought up being able to catch the ball out the backfield. So that makes you that much more valuable than other running backs that can do all those things, right, I telling you, it does that. It makes you special. So in hindsight, when you think about the type of running back you are and what you bring to the table depends on who drafts you. Who would your NFL comparison be, right now, as far as your playing style goes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, for me, I like tot to like a lot of guys, like take tips off a lot of guys.
Speaker 1: I feel like, uh, Jim, it's kind of like a running start.
Speaker 5: I feel like I try to watch like I like Gibbs running style, Like I feel like Jon is gonna be.
Speaker 1: Crazy in the future.
Speaker 5: I feel like I feel like all those guys really just like I feel like everybody.
Speaker 2: UNC has a great running I mean, now we.
Speaker 4: Just saying I like the Joe Maxon repairs and that's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at some of the I'm looking at some of the running backs just come out of you and see Todd Chandler, Michael Carter, Javonte Williams, and now yourself. Have you talked to any of those guys. Have they given you some in some tips about how to prepare for the NFL? What is like once you get there in order to give you because you know, you kind of got a little GPS. You got guys that went to your school that can partake information that a lot of people don't have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I feel like, uh, Javontay, Mike Carter, Todd Chandler, I was like, even the sun means I feel like these are all my gods. I can talk to him when if I need talk to He's the dog. Yeah, I can't talk to him whenever I need to. They help me out with stuff I need to. I take tests off them too, So I feel like, yeah, they're always a connection for me.
Speaker 1: I feel like.
Speaker 2: North Carolina used to have some great running backs. I don't know if you're probably a little young, but Derek Finner, famous Amos Lawrence went to North Carolina. Oh but Derek, they ended up moving to tight end once he got to the NFL, but he was an outstanding running back at u n C. Let me ask you. I want to ask you, this bro you named after Marion will be too K.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, Caunse.
Speaker 2: I've been proud of him. I don't know if I ever seen somebody would have made like tomorrow y'an is so tamp I'm like, oh no, let me ask this man your mom about it? Like beat two K back of the day.
Speaker 5: They definitely they used to just listen to him, But I don't know if I was named of him.
Speaker 2: I got one.
Speaker 4: So you and see responsored by Jordan Brand, right if I'm not mistake? Yeah, yeah, going into the NFL, Going to the NFL, who would be your dream partnership to be a part of going into the NFL? Would would you like to continue with Jordan Brand? Would you like to be with Obviously that would be Nike as well, but you know, Jordan Brand had the own select players that are part of you know that that are part of Jordan would like to be with Nike Adidas?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right now, right now I'm with Nike, but uh yeah, right now, like yeah, I like it.
Speaker 2: Bro, It don't matter cleats on feet, I mean people eat. So that's what you're trying to do right now. It don't matter. If they could be pony, they could be soccery, they could be poor. Hey on feet, people eat.
Speaker 4: Hold on, Remember you had pony cleats too, I did?
Speaker 2: Yes, what point ponles my freshman year had converse? Had converse to converse?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay. When you're not grinded, right, when you're not grinding, what's what's your go to chier move while you're a gamer? You like music, you like movies. What you be on outside of the game of.
Speaker 1: Football, outside of the game for all?
Speaker 5: Uh, I probably would to bill the boys playing basketball, I'll be hooping on We're going over like to the Yeah yeah, we'll be over at the rec center hooping over there.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you're not a game, no game, no mad no FEFA, no, no call of dude.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I'll be on call of duty, like all right?
Speaker 2: Married?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I got a girl, but I ain't married.
Speaker 2: I ain't married. Keep making stay focused. Yeah, let me ask you, let me ask you something. Give me your top five running backs. If I said, okay, you get any any five running backs? That you want from any era. I mean, yeah, give me your top five running backs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh, I'm saying you gotta put ready Reggie Bush in there. I feel like you gotta put him in there. I feel like, uh, I feel like growing up, I was to be Marshal Lynch. Okay, I feel like Marshon Lynce is in there too.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. And then let's see, I gotta put Saquon in there.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like this.
Speaker 1: Quon. Now I'm gonna do. Uh, I'm gonna put Derrick Henry in there.
Speaker 5: Put Derrick Henry and then, uh, I'm probably missing I'm missing a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you missed a lot of people because you ain't putting nobody that came before two thousands. You do, Hey, No, they didn't play football before two thousand, bro, I just wanted to. I just that's your list. Hey, hey, I want you to take off all your lists. But they did play the gable football before two thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I go out a lot in this school now.
Speaker 2: Capping up, But you said you like Joe Mixing, So are you more like? You more run for power? You run more for like? Are you shifty? I mean your combination?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I try to add everything to my game.
Speaker 5: Really, it's always room to grow, trying to grow to do different things, and feel like trying to make them, make them just and duke and space, make them do different things, learn learn off different people. So I feel like as a hall as them to go to do different things. I try to be versatile, versatile as much as I can.
Speaker 2: Right, well, bro, we want to miss thank you for joining us.
Speaker 4: I got one more question.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, I got one more question.
Speaker 4: Football didn't exist now, obviously we all need to have a plan B. You just never stand for not for long. I'm not wishing nothing bad. It's just a question in life, if you're playing me if football didn't exist. Let's say it, what would your dream career be if you wasn't playing football.
Speaker 5: I feel like even what I'm doing now, I feel like if I wan't like personal training with football, I feel like I would do personal training with like just fitting and stuff. So I feel like, uh, going around doing personal training training with like kids who didn't have like the opportunities that I had, and like smaller neighborhoods and stuff like that. I feel like that's something I wanted to do in the long run, just reaching out to those kids, giving them opportunities that I had.
Speaker 1: So I feel like that's one of the things I'll definitely.
Speaker 4: Look into that. That's dope.
Speaker 2: Well, oh, thanks for giving some of your time. We wish you the best of luck. Wherever you go, bro A, it's not where, it's not how high you go, it is where you go. And once you get there, the journey really starts. Your journey doesn't start just getting to the NFL. The journey starts once you arrive in the NFL. So, oh, you and I want to wish you best of luck. The Nightcap family want to wish you the best of luck and check back any when it's down the road.
Speaker 1: All right. Appreciate yeah, appreciate you trying.
Speaker 4: You don't forget Donald.
Speaker 2: And that's what Marion Hampton, the University of North Carolina running back, projected to be a first round pick. Mark had him going to the Broncos, but we'll see. Since there has been a resurgence. We saw what Saquan did for the Eagles. We saw what Derrick Henry did for the Ravens offense, Josh Jacobs for the Packers, Jamiir Gibbs for the for the Lions. We saw Joe mixing what he added to the Houston Texans and so, uh, the running back is kind of like a coming back. We saw the year before what c Mac did for the forty nine ers. Yeah, so the running back is definitely coming back. Guys that can run can catch it, but you gotta be able to pass block, because once they found that you can't pass block, they're gonna bless you. They're gonna make you stay in the time they go. They gonna make you stay. They gonna make you stay in Ojo. So we wish the young man the best of luck. O Joe Bruce, arian regarded as the quarterback risker, spoke about Anthony Richardson. He said, Anthony, I think needed two more years in college as a passer. I didn't see him as being able to beat anybody in two minutes and third down. If you can't do that in the NFL, you're just an average guy.
Speaker 4: Like he's right, he's right.
Speaker 2: Have you got it? You got third?
Speaker 1: O Jo.
Speaker 2: You make your money on third down.
Speaker 4: Every time you listen, you hope, you hope to make your hair on first to make second and third a little easier. Yes, if you don't the better the passer you are, the more easy it is convert those third downs. Now, obviously I think the repetitions. Obviously being in college would help him tremendously if you look at the numbers. I don't have the numbers in front of me, so I don't want to stay and be and be and be wrong statistically. But he didn't play that many games in college.
Speaker 2: That's why he said he should and he wasn't. He wasn't a high completion percentage guy in college. So with not playing a whole lot, and I get why he came out. O yo. Yeah, the guy's a top five pick. Oh yeah, he got twenty five million dollars probably fully guaranteed. They ain't paying that in nil and collective. So I get why. I get why, you get why. His family gets why because at the end of the day, why we're doing this, Sojo, were trying to set our family up. That's how. That's how I'm not saying, Oh, let me take that back here, Ojo. There's no such thing as all of every but a lot of us. What we do this for is for our family. We're trying to get to the bag as soon as we possibly can because everybody didn't grow up like a grand Hill that had a two parent or the Mannings or the Watts. So we grew up in a situation. A lot of times it's grandma, a lot of times his mom, and we trying to get there to get them out of that situation. So I get why he did it right. But what Bruce has said, and I totally agree, he could have gotten a lot more by staying in getting better at his craft. But at the end of the day, and the two minute drill and on third down is as a quarterback where you make your money.
Speaker 4: You got to have it. You got to have it. But but who's to say there are a lot of quarterbacks in the NFL that have made it, that have stayed for four years, that have been there for a long time in those same situations and convert third downs.
Speaker 2: So just what his big messages, Ojo, two minute drill, third down. If you can't do that, your average. So he's not saying that he believed that he would have been better. Look at Ba's record, Peyton Manning, Andrew Love. Uh, he worked with a big Ben Roethlisberger had all those guys in the early stages. Uh, he worked with he had Carson. If I'm not I think he had Carson.
Speaker 4: And Arizona in Arizona.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so he knows of something about the quarterback position. I like, B A B A gonna tell you like it ain't no sugarcoat with BA. Now hey, if it comes up, it's coming out.
Speaker 4: Yes. It was also one of the issues over the in Tampa. Now remember, yeah, absolutely, that's why they sent his ass upstairs.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, so I believe, because here's the thing on Joe. He's a fifty. He was a fifty maybe a fifty percent completion guy in college. If you're fifty percent in college, fifty, he's forty six. Put it like this here, he had a worse completion percentage than t Bow in the NFL. And you know t Bow was forty seven percent. It was worse than t bows. So you're not going to be successful forty oh Joe, with the way to fill his space. Now, the way they protect the quarterback, the way they protect the receivers, everybody should be completing sixty percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, actually you should speacause to me, I'm not saying the game is, but they made the offensive game much easier. Yes, and so That's why that's the defenders and defensive handicap.
Speaker 2: So now it used to be if you completed in the high fifties or you had a hell of a season, oh yeah, lot a hell of it. Nineties when I got to the league, and even before Ojo, if you threw for three thousand yards was the standard. If you threw for three thousand yards because everybody ran the football. That's why many believe Dan Marino still has the greatest statistical passing season. Even though they passed him for yards, they passed him for touchdowns. He threw for forty for five thousand yards and forty eight touchdowns.
Speaker 4: In that era, the running area, yeah yeah, duper, duper and Clayton was eating boy.
Speaker 2: Boy, did you know what they did? Look, I came in. When they knocked you, they knocked your ass off. There was no part of the quarterback that was off limits. The only thing you couldn't hit him at the bottom of his feet, and that's because he was standing on him. Other than that, from the top of the head to the top of your feet. You remember I sent you that clip what Charles Martin did to a Jim McMahon. He was just standing there and he looked around like, oh, I got you what? Oh that was commonplace? Go back and look, Bruce Smith jumps out sides. That's what they call unovated to the quarterback, Bruce up the slides, knocked Boomer sounds and out the game for like weeks, not just the game for weeks, it was it was anything goes anything, and so they made it easier. So for a quarterback to be in the forties, right lord, that's it, El Joe, he's got to get up to the mid fifties. He's got to get it up to the mid fifties. Oh Joe, I have a question.
Speaker 4: Yes, single quarterback struggling to have a high percentage or a high complete percentage? Do you think that's because of his supporting? The cast around him is not good enough?
Speaker 2: Man? He got some he you see what he got, the receivers he got. He got Jonathan Taylor in the back. We had forgotten mentioned Jonathan Taylor. We didn't mention him.
Speaker 4: And honestly, having Jonathan Taylor back there, it should make anything having to do with the passing game that much eff and easier. Yes, because I know they got I know they got to say, I know they got a safety in the box.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely, And you got Pittman. They got they got another that's really good. They got I forget his name.
Speaker 4: Though, number ten, number ten, Yes, yeah, a Chad who Oh. Hey, I apologize. I apologize for the disrespect for young Bull whoever wears number ten I forgot. I forget your name. Boy, I'm telling you here out of my mouth.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 4: You is the real deal. Boy, you the real deal. And I apologize if I remember your name, boy, young but you're a real deal. Oh yeah, what's his last name?
Speaker 2: I can't, I can't. Oh, they got Michael Pittman Jr. What's that? What's that? What's the other receiver? Alex Peers, Alex Peers? That number ten downs? They got that, Josh Downs, Alec Pears, Michael Pittman Jr. I think the tight end is more Alex Cox. And they got Jonathan Taylor, and they had Braden Smith. Took some time away, he was dealing with some dealing with some things. They got a nice offensive line. Yeah, there's there's no reason, there's none right for him to be completed less than fifty percent of his passes because he missed a lot of throws on Joe, and I said, Bro, you don't have to throw everything through the hurricane.
Speaker 4: Gotta touch, you gotta touch. You gotta have some finesse to your game. You gotta have some finesse. I'm trying to think what quarterback is labeled of having a.
Speaker 2: Very Mitchell Mitchell Mitchell is number ten.
Speaker 4: O Joe Mitchell A what do you donna know? His first name?
Speaker 2: Ad Mitchell? Yeah, whatever it is.
Speaker 4: He could cook, Hey, he'd be cooking. Hey, brother Mitchell, I apologize, I will never forget your name again. But I'm gonna tell you one thing.
Speaker 2: You got nice receivers over there, Oh Joe.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about nice nice. And that was no reason for Mitchell has a bigger role coming the season.
Speaker 2: There's no reason for him to be completing forty six percent of his passes. With that tiving corps, that offensive line, and with Jonathan Taylor in your backfield.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, he might be better this year.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 4: You have a whole off season to work on things, work on the things you need to work on, going into having another mini camp, another training camp up under your belt. You know, familiarity with the system you're in. I think, I think and hoping, hoping this year, he pi, Yeah, you got to. I hope hoping he plays with a lot more confidence and he'll be fine.
Speaker 2: You gotta put it. You gotta put the time in. You gotta put the time in. And if he does that case, remember we had we had Pittman on, Yeah, who else we We talked to the people like, bro, he can't be the first. You can't be the last one in and the first one to leave. It's got to be the first. It's got to be first verse, the first one in, the last one, the last, not the last, first, first, last. But hopefully, hopefully he gets it figured out, because like I said, I think they got it. Look, that's a very competitive division. You got you got Houston, Houston, you got Lawrence, You're about to have cam Ward in that division because look, if you go back and study it, Oh, y'all, look at it. It's a quarterback league. Look at the NFC East, Look at the look at the MC look at the MC West. What they have in the West. Look, he's the vision. I'll tell you who's winning it. Yeah. Yeah, quarterbacks, because that's what you got to compete against. I know they're not on the field at the same time, but you have to match him. You can't like, oh, our defense gonna hold him if I throw for one hundred and seventy yards, we're gonna No. You might win one or two games like that, yeah, but you're gonna have to match that production every time. So hopefully, hopefully ar gets this thing figured out and get this thing turned around.
Speaker 1: The volume