Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we was muted to what's up laughing New York YLO.
Speaker 3: What's popping YouTube? What's going on?
Speaker 2: It's not the team?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, dreams.
Speaker 2: Are big and my team's rich.
Speaker 3: I hope everyone is uh making money very important. This is gonna be fun. Something that is extremely beneficial and needed. It's needed as far as you know, starting a business something that we are huge advocates of financial literacy entrepreneurship in business. So this is right up the alley one of the most important episodes that we probably ever have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no pressure, we know a thing or two about starting a business. It's starting multiple businesses. I'll watched the journey. Now we're gonna get some details.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout out to everybody that checked out the episode yesterday with Miss Diddy, Super Super Dope. Shout out to everybody that was on Market Mondays the other day Super Super Dope. We got a lot and this is just a tip of the iceberg week. We have a lot planned for this year. It's going to be jam packed with NonStop content. We got events that we're gonna be talking about. We got new partnerships. We're gonna have new shows the Eyo now Work, so new content for Eyo University. So this is just the beginning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we go. I mean twenty twenty two is it. We wasn't playing man.
Speaker 4: We got the game plan already mapped out for the whole year, so now it's just about releasing them strategically. So I hope everybody is in tuning and chat what was about to happen for those who've been here on the entire journey from like November twenty nineteen. So now we appreciate your whole heartedly. We said shall was grandfather ya was? So hopefully you've taken advantage of the information. You've applied a lot of it, you've executed on some of it, and most importantly, you spread some of the knowledge that you've learned. That's the most important thing, right. There's no penalty for spreading information unless it's not valuable, and that's not even a loud here. So anything that's coming from us will be valuable and will be beneficial for you, not only you, but everybody year around. So tell a friend, to tell a friend. That's the requirement.
Speaker 3: Shout out to MG, the mortgage guy on a super chat.
Speaker 2: So yeah already MG, what up?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he gave a super chat. So we'll get into it as we wait for miss Business to come in. So as waiting for her, I'll just kind of go over what we're going to be talking about today. So today's topic is how to start and run a business. This is a follow up from the episode that we put in put out a few weeks ago where you know, it got a really a lot of positive reviews, a lot of people you know were interested in it. So you know, during that episode A you should definitely watch that episode with Miss Business. She talked about you know, LLC, she talked about business formation, EI in numbers, different things of that nature. So and she also dropped her actual business blueprint course that she has on that episode as well. So we are doing a follow up because notice a lot of people have questions, so this is a perfect opportunity to kind of talk about some things that maybe we're not talked about during the episode, or maybe just go a little bit deeper, and also to answer live questions. That's probably the best part of the whole situation's question answer. So what we do with this for anybody that's not familiar, is Eyo University biggest online platform for education out there. So we've created an online institution where we actually have weekly classes every Wednesday at eight o'clock and the last Wednesday of the month, we have what's called open enrollment where the class is actually open to the public. So this is an actual window into eyl University for anybody. That's why it's on YouTube and it's also on our podcast outlets as well. So this is the opportunity to actually see what we have going on, what we do on an ongoing basis at eyl University, and if you're interested in joining, then you know, the doors are open for you to join. So part of eyl University is that we have the weekly classes every Wednesday, which is a different topic every single week. We do about real estate, talk about credit, and talk about business formation, we talk about trust wills, all kinds of different stuff and it's interactive. A lot of people ask like, what's the difference between that and the podcast where it's like the podcast you listen to the content, Eyo University is something that you actually, you know, interact with, you know people that's presenting, so you get to ask questions on zooms in the zoom chat. It's a more interactive feel, but even deeper than that, there's a lot of other stuff. Almost every single day that's something so shout out to Lawrence. He's taking over our investment wing. So he does a twelve o'clock class on Monday which he actually goes over trading, goes over the stock market technical. Now it's it's like live trading. It's a live trading class if you're interested in the options trading, stock trading, day trading, and stuff like that. That's every Monday at twelve o'clock and then every Wednesday at six o'clock. He actually does an entry to stock class where he actually talks about like opening a brokerage account like stock market one oh one, very basic information for people that's like just trying to get on board. We also have MG the mortgage guy. He does biweekly real estate calls. Troy does the book club and the movie club. I have financial planning calls. And then we actually have infinity groups inside of Eyo University as well, like over twenty different infinity groups. You have a Crypto club, you have real estate club, and these are people that's actually in eyl University and they actually formed clubs. So now it's like, you know, you might have thirty people in a crypto club meeting, you might have twenty five people in a real estate meeting. So it's a dope way to kind of network and build with each other. So it's a huge I mean I can go on for hours about that. But Eyo University is an interactive experience where you actually get to learn in real time and actually build a community. That's the best part about it. It's actually a community of people that network and build with each other. We're gonna be doing live events this year. It's discounts to all events, so if you're interested, it's fifty percent off the annual membership. I'll put it in here at eyouniversity dot com. I'll pin it in YouTube. So yeah, this is a way to actually see what we have going on. But Miss Business, you are here. What's going on? How are you? You're muted right now?
Speaker 6: I am here. Tried to take me out, I'm here.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah you didn't have that.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the zoom god. So yes, Miss Business.
Speaker 3: Obviously everybody knows Miss Business needs no introduction. She was the very first alumni that we've ever had on the podcast Brilliant CPA. We've been working with her for a couple of years. She also sets up LLCs for people, business, Formation, bookkeeping, the whole nine.
Speaker 4: So the inormal class of professors at eyl University as well. So shout out to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for sure. So we'll talk about you know, all of the other stuff that you have going on. But I know, you know, this class is kind of a follow up from the episode, So yeah, let's get into it.
Speaker 6: Yes, let's get into it. Because I have gotten so much great feedback about that episode. People were like, oh my god, you gave me so much inspiration. I was able to start my business. Everybody needed the virtual address link.
Speaker 7: It was like, it's crazy, it's.
Speaker 6: So crazy, Like I love I love that. You know, people aren't only like listening, but they're actually taking action and so that's the best part to me because they are definitely on it. All right, let me present, I'm gonna share my screen.
Speaker 3: What was some of the questions that you got from after the episode?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, everybody wanted to know how to change their business address. Everybody wanted to know that. So everyone wanted to know that more so thought provoking about just how to start a business. I think that's just the overall phone lines in my office have been kind of going crazy because people are like, I want to start a business. I want to start my business correctly. I don't know, you know, if it should be an LLC, if it should be an escorp. I want to do this right. And so I think the overall tone of it is that people are ready to just do good business and to legitimately start their business. So that that makes me happy and that should make you all happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's extreme executing. Yeah, that's extremely encouraging.
Speaker 4: Right, not only do they want to start the business, but they know that some of the pitfalls that come with the formation of it and not doing it correctly and how far back that can set you. So to know that that's what people are asking is super encouraging.
Speaker 2: That's dope.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, they are on it job that.
Speaker 4: The earners man, y'all love Yeah, different, that's special. We love y'all for really.
Speaker 6: All right, let's get into this, okay, So we're going to talk about how to start and run a business because a lot of times, you know, most times you may have hobbies that turn into business. Is you may just have a passion, or you may just be really good at you know something that you may say, you know what, you may have a skill, you may have something that you're like, listen, I really want to turn this into a business, or you may have already had you may already have a business that you're like, you know what, listen, I really want to, you know, start this and again a lot. I just started my business four years ago, so it hasn't been that long since I started my business. And when I really thought about what I wanted to talk about today as it related to starting and running a business, I wanted to talk about how to position yourself to start, positioning yourself to sell, and positioning yourself for funding, right, because those are the most well like the most important, well the top questions that I get all the time, like after I start, like, okay, now, how do I sell my product? How do I get people to care about it? And how do I get funding right, either even if it's in the beginning or it could be during your business, right, because most of us are thinking about the funding in the beginning of the business to just start it. But as you start your business, you're also going to have to consider and think about funding as well. A brief introduction to me and my business and what I do. For those of you who don't know me. My name is Shapana. I go buy this business across all platforms. I am a certified public accountant. Four years ago I started Brooks Alliance and now I have thirteen. Actually just hire somebody. Today I have fourteen employees, and so for those of you who need motivation, there's your motivation. Four years ago, it was just me. I was in corporated, trying to figure out what I was going to do, and I decided that I was going to take a chance on myself and bet on myself, and so I started my tax and accounting company, Brooks Alliance. And in regards to services that we provide, we provide personal tax preparation, business tax preparations, business formation, book keeping, tax planning, payroll. If you see the ADP, I have a relationship with ADP, so we do all of our payroll processing through them. It is so important, you know, to figure out what that business is going to be to serve, and that's what I do. So just wanted to give you guys a brief introduction to give you give you guys a little bit more about me. For those of you who don't know me, I started my career big four accounting firm. I stayed there for six and a half years, really mastered my craft, really made a lot of connections, a lot of relationships before deciding to start my business. When I did this, When I did decide to start my business, I was still at work and I was trying to figure it out, and I wanted to serve entrepreneurs, real estate investors, all of the entrepreneurs that today, you know, we're always like, you know, I want to get money. I want to get money, and so I just want to bring taxes and make it a part of the conversation. So that's a little bit about me now, jumping right into it. Let's just talk about positioning to start right. So when you're starting, you really have to think about, Okay, so what is a business?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 6: So business is the practice of making ones living by engaging in commerce. So businesses range from so for prietorships to international corporations and can range in size from small to large. Now that is important because you have to think about where do you want to be? Where are you currently? Are you you know, at a job right now? Did you just start a business, did you just quit your job? But where do you want to be? Where you want to be is very important because if you're thinking, Okay, I want to just be a sop for prietorship, you know, I don't I don't want to bring on you know, any employees. I just want to do it by myself. Some people are like, listen, I want to have a side hobby, but you know, I want to know how to operate it properly. Some people are like, Okay, I want to have a business, but how big of a business?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: What goes into it? What are things that you need to do? If you're thinking about being a big international corporation, you may need to consider, you know, positioning yourself to be purchased, to have investors investing you, to go public, things like that. So you have to think about where you are in your business now before we really get into it. I want us to think about and envision your future and the reason why. I always encourage everyone who's thinking about a business or getting into a business, because you need to establish your why. Establishing your why makes that journey of entrepreneurship, which is not an easy journey, it makes it so much easier when you have your why defined. So you have to define your why envision your future. So what does that dream look like? What kind of car do you want to drive, what kind of house do you you want to live in? Who do you want to be surrounded by? How much money do you want to have? What is what do you want to feel like? What do you want your health to be?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 6: What do you want your reach to be? All of these things you have to like sit and just close your eyes and just think about it. That's what I did when I first started my company. Close my eyes and I thought about it and I said, you know what, what life do I want to live? Who do I want to be surrounded by? And when you become clear on what you want, it makes it so much easier to go after exactly what it is that you want, And so you cannot be afraid. And so many people are afraid to say what it is that they want. You have to you have to define it. What do you want to drive? Be very clear? How like what's your happiest moment? When are you your happiest self? So you have to think about that because entrepreneurship is hard and you are going to need a why like why are you doing this? So you have to think about you have to think about that. The next thing that you have to think about as you decide to start your business is what are your money goals? Right? How are you going to really break that down from you know and I use example here for one hundred thousand dollars, but if your goal was a million dollars, if your goal is ten thousand dollars additional a year, fifty thousand dollars additional year, whatever it is, you have to break that down, Okay, And so I gave two examples because I know a lot of times we always see for shock value people will you know, kind of put put out there. You know, to make a hundred k, you have three hundred and sixty five days, but realistically, like no, I mean some people, I mean you just have to get it done and work every single day, but you may not want to work every single day. So I broke that one hundred k down into two hundred and fifty days, which kind of excludes the weekends as well as holidays. So just taking a look at the top right, just breaking your money goals down, and why it's so important to break your money goes down again, It gives you direction. You know where you're going. So whatever amount of money you want to make, whether it is to replace your job or to bring an additional income or to create this you know the life that you want. Whatever it is, you have to be clear on it. So if it is one hundred k, three hundred and sixty five days, you break that down into months, and then you break it down into weeks, and you break it down into days. Now, keep in mind, I know most people when you all are doing the calculation, most people would try to take Some people hit me up like, oh, your calculation is wrong. So it's not wrong. When you guys are doing this, you have to take into consideration. If you have three hundred and sixty five days in a year and you break that down right into twelve months, you have to consider that not every month just has four just has four weeks, right, So if you technically took twelve months and then died it by four, then technically you would only get forty eight weeks right in a year, and there's fifty two right. So that is why you can't just keep dividing it. So you just have to consider how many weeks there are in a year. So you have let's say, if we have this hundred k, you have eighty three hundred and thirty three dollars a month you would have to make. So when people say, oh, I want to make one hundred k, it's like, are you positioned or are you in the are you in a place with your business to say that you want to, I mean that you can make eighty three hundred and thirty three dollars a month. If not, that means that you are not positioning yourself to make one hundred K. So now you have to start becoming creative to say, okay, well, how am I going to make eight thousand, three hundred and thirty three dollars in a month? What do I have to sell? How many people do I have to talk to? How many contracts do I have to close? What do I really need to do in order to get to this this number? And so again, being intentional about what it is that you want is going to make the difference when you are when you are starting a business, or you're doing anything in life. Now, what I did below with the one hundred k, the two hundred and fifty days, I pretty much broke that down into just dividing it by twelve. This formula works by keep dividing it because I excluded all the additional days, So it works out. However, again, if you wanted to say, Okay, I want to make one hundred K, but I want to take weekends off and I want to take all the all those US holidays off. Then that means that you are only I mean that means that you have to make twelve thousand dollars a month versus only the eight three hundred and thirty three dollars. So you have to think about that. So some people may look at that and say, Nope, well for one year, I have to go harder because you know what, I can't. I didn't budget or it's not in my bandwidth to do twelve thousand. Right, even though that's a limitation and we don't do those, you figure it out. I always tell people you, if it's the money problem, you have to figure out and be creative on how to make more money. Never for it to be a situation for you to sit back and say, oh, I don't have it right, that's a limitation, and there's so many ways to get money in this world. So never that you can't do it. Just you have to be creative and figure out how you are going to do it. Now, to extend the conversation from the episode that I did last week, well, I wanted to get into entities because a lot of times people are not clear on what type of entities they are forming, and why they are forming them, and what it needs. So I want to quickly break it down and just go through. Okay, if you know every single entity it means from a tax perspective, and I'll also break down as corpse visually because I know that it helps people really grasp the idea on what exactly that that savings is and how we can reduce those taxes. Right, and so most people, when you're thinking about your entities, most people will say that they want to start an LLC. And it's so it's so I call it like the popular entity because everyone just says that they want to start an LLC. And yes, from a legal perspective, it is going to protect you against liability the same way that a corporation will. So just keep in mind that you know most people will say to me, listen, I want to be able to write things off, So I'm going to start an LLC or I want to, you know, I want to. I don't want anybody to assume me and take my person no items, so I'm going to start an LLC. Please keep in mind, especially from a tax perspective, and LLC does not allow you to write off anything additional. Okay, that is a big misconception. Keep in mind that an LLC is not a tax entity. An LLC is a legal structure. And so what that means is that had formed an LLC does not breed you any additional tax write offs. So I have sole pro prietorship here and single member LLC because they are taxed the same exact way. The same things that you can write off as a sole proprietorship is the same things that you can write off as a single member LLC. Now, as a single member LLC, I do suggest that you register your business and you form your business, and you form your business correctly, because again, you want to separate out that liability. You don't want someone to come and sue you. And then all of the all of your stocks and your personal now your primary residence, all of those your cash that's in your accounts, all of those things that are personal to you. You want to be able to separate those out from your business. So just if in the event, you know we're in America, if someone goes assume you, you want to make sure that it's a situation where you are protecting yourself. So this is not in any way. Me saying that you don't need to form an LLC is that I want you to be aware that when you are choosing these entities, that you are telling the irs how you want to be taxed. No one talks about that. Everyone just talks about the legal side of it and the legal perspective of it. But we have to also consider what that means from a tax perspective. So if you see on the right hand side, I have business income not taxed on a business level. So only thing that that means is that as an LLC. An LLC is what's called a pass through entity, So that just means that it's a pass whatever the profit of the businesses, it passes through to your personal taxes and then your tax there. You're not you know, as a corporation, which will go over you're not tax on the business side, and then again tax on the personal side. It all flows through on your personal side and then your tax there. Now, in regards to the tax form and how it's filed, when you have a single member LLC or sole proprietorship, you will use Schedule see which is filed with your personal taxes, which is your tax form ten forty, So again you're not filing a whole separate business return. Business and personal is filed together. In regards to the tax liability that you have to think about when you form a business is your income tax, your self employment tax, and your state taxes. Okay, so keep those in mind. And of course state taxes only if you are in a state that taxes income tax, so those like Florida, Texes, you don't have to worry about income I mean state tax. Now let's talk about self employment tax. So self employment tax is fifteen point three percent. It's typically when clients come to me and they've had businesses, existing businesses, and they come to me and I'm all like, I'll always show them, like, hey, did you know that you were paying this additional fifteen percent on your taxes? And ninety percent of them will tell me no, they didn't know because no one explained it to them. And most of the time people aren't questioning what these additional taxes are, They just will, you know, pay it, because at the end of the day, they don't understand it. No one's explaining it to them, and so they just go ahead and pay. But you have to keep in mind this self employment tax really is just Social Security tax and Medicare tax. When you are an employee, if you've ever received the W two you receive, I mean you pay, your employer pays have so you pay seven point sixty five percent. Your employer pays seven point sixty five percent. But when you are the owner, you pretty much are responsible for the entire fifteen point three percent, Okay, So you have to keep that in mind when you are thinking about that. And so that is a high number. And I always say to people, would you let somebody just come to you and say, let me get fifteen percent of your business? You will tell them no. You would be like, no, why would I give you fifteen percent of my business? And so we have to think about it the same exact way as it relates to taxes. Okay, now let's talk about partnership and two plus member LLCs. So thinking about that, we also I put partnership and two plus member LLCs because very similar to a sole proprietorship, a partnership just means that two people got together started a business. However, they did not take the additional steps to separate, well, to register their business, which separates the business out from themselves, right, and so that is important for you to understand. And so the two plus member LLC just means that you form the LLC, you have two plus members in there, and you have registered the business. There is a separation between yourself and the business. Now you have your business income, so it says business income is not tax on the business level. Now the difference with the tax form and partnership people, please listen up because I have tons of people that make this mistake every single year. If you decide to form a partnership or two plus member LLC, you cannot just divide out the income and expenses on your personal taxes on a schedule see right. That is for single member LLCs. If you are a partnership or a two plus member LLC, you have to file tax form ten sixty five. That's where you're going to report all of your income, all of your expenses, and then you are going to receive a K one. So all partners are going to receive a K one. The K one pretty much just shows the profit of sorry the profit share of each of the owners. So if there was a business you all profited ten thousand dollars, there was fifty to fifty ownership. Each partner will receive five thousand dollars on their K one that they then will have to include in their personal taxes. Okay, so please keep that in mind. Now in regards to the tax liability you have to think about your income tax. There is self employment tax relating to a two plus member LLC, but to the extent of guaranteed payments, which just means that there was some additional work done by one of the partners that wasn't typically like in their scope in the business, so they were paid additional So that is kind of seen as look kind of like a payroll or salary almost. And then there's state taxes right again, if you are in a state that allow I mean, if you are in a state that requires you to pay state taxes. See corporations. So now see corporations, you are taxed on the business level. So what that means is that you are taxed on the business level. And as your tax on the business level, what happens, sorry, as your tax on the business level. That's very different from an LLC and a two plus member LLC that I just described to you, all right, because those are not tax on the business level. So to be tax on the business level. What that means is that your income and your expenses are being reported on your corporate tax return, which if you see below that is taxed form eleven twenty. Whatever that profit is, you will pay taxes on that on the business level. So on that corporation tax return, there will be a tax liability do if you are operating out a profit. So in that same example, if it was ten thousand dollars, it doesn't matter how much how many shareholders and all is in the business, that ten thousand dollars will be taxed at twenty one percent. That is the corporate tax rate. So it will be taxed at twenty one percent then, and why, if you've ever heard about a corporation, you will hear double taxation because then you have your corporate corporate partners. Share of the profits then has to be distributed as dividends, right, and so now you have to deal with being taxed again. So this may you know, makes sense as it relates. So let's say an Apple. I always like to use Apple. Everybody knows you know Apple as the company. So think about if Apple's on the stock exchange, you can purchase Apple. You can own a piece of Apple. So now when you purchase a stop, you now are an owner of Apple. What happens is every year Apple has to file their tax form eleven. They have to pay their taxes and then guess what. Everybody everyone's looking for their dividends, right, their share, their profit share of what however much of the company that they own. So what happens is they will distribute our dividends and then guess what happens. You all receive a ten ninety nine DIIV which states, Okay, this is how much dividends the company has paid out to you throughout the year. And so when that happens, you then have to report it on your personal taxes. And when you have to report it on your personal taxes, what happens your tax again, So you have to think about that. And so most people will say, okay, well, if I'm paying all those taxes, like, why would it ever make sense for me to be a C corporation? And so some people are C corporations for some of the following reasons, such as they want investors, right, So some investors will require you to be a corporation if you ever have a plan to go public. If you have a plan to go public, then you will need to be a corporation. You cannot be an LLC and go public. You would have to be operating as a corporation. Some people it is an income threshold. If you are making over a certain amount of money, you will it will be in your advantage some of the time for you to be a C corporation. So those are some of the some of the reasons why you some companies will choose to even be a CEA corporation. Now, keeping in mind in terms of you know what the taxes look like. You do have your corporate income taxes, your dividend uh taxes that you well you're dividend, sorry, the dividend income is being taxed, and then your state taxes. Okay, so that's something to think about.
Speaker 4: Now, escort business real quick, real quick, because no, no, no, we just watch I'm taking notes and I'm watching I'm listening to this apple and I'm listening to the dividend payment.
Speaker 2: How is that is it?
Speaker 4: Is it tax as a as a long term capital game or is it like a short term How is that.
Speaker 6: Tax It's like short term like ordinary?
Speaker 4: Yes, So if they're doing like quarterly diffidens. Then you're getting short term capital gains on it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because they yeah, they distributed short term, so it wouldn't really.
Speaker 4: Be more time perfect check in.
Speaker 6: All right, So escorps, so your escort, you have your business income, not tax on the business level. So with an escort s corporations is I love es corporations because I think that it is an amazing tool and it really as you start to sit back, you start to realize that the real separation between the escort and an LLC most of the time, it's just people not knowing about it. Most of the time. It's not that people don't want to be escorts, it's just that they never knew about it and knew the advantages of it, so they just did not take it, you know, take advantage of converting their LLCs or their corporations over to escorts. So let's talk about escorts and how they save business owned all the time on that self employment tax and help them significantly, Like I have clients save in thout like so like tens of thousands of dollars just by simply saying, Hey, I don't want to be an LLC, I'm going to be an sport. So with your business income, the business income is not tax on the business level, so similar to an LLC, it is a pass through entity. So with the pass through entity, again that just means that it is not tax on the business level. It passes through to the personal taxes and then it's tax there. Okay, So what happens with the es coort is that you have to file tax form eleven twenty S. So with once you file eleven twenty S, that's where you're reporting your income, that's where you're reporting your expenses, and then you have your profit. Similar to when you are like a partnership or two plus member LLC, each owner of the sport, because you can have up to one hundred owners in an escort, each owner will receive a K one. If it's just you, then you would have one hundred percent and one hundred percent of the profits will just go to you. So that K one is going to then be included on your personal taxes and then your tax there. However, the tax the taxes that you have to think about well that you will incur is just income taxes and state taxes. Notice I didn't say self employment taxes. So let's talk about that really quick, all right, So I have to always bring this chart into my conversation because it is so important that I give visuals because people digest it and understand it a lot more. So. This is a diagram of how someone that's making one hundred thousand dollars profit, how they were able to save on self employment tax by being an sport versus being an LLC. So to quickly run through this, on the left hand side, you have LLC, So you have one hundred thousand dollars of income that you made in your LLC. That one hundred thousand dollars is subjected to self employment tax, so that self employment tax is fifteen point three percent. That sorry, the income is then reported on your personal tax return, okay, and all the income is subjected to ordinary income tax. Keep in mind, all the income is always going to be subjected to ordinary income tax once it hits the bottom. This diagram is simply to show you how you are going to save on self employment taxes. Okay, So we're not necessarily getting into the reducing income taxes, but more so how to save on self employment taxes. Now, if we go to the right, you have your s corporation made the same hundred thousand dollars income. But you notice that the p and pay themselves a salary of forty thousand dollars. Keep in mind, when you are an esport, you are required to pay yourself a salary. It's no specific number or percentage, but you have to pay yourself a salary. Now, this person decides to pay their self a salary of forty thousand that is an expense to the business, so that the business is left with sixty thousand dollars on the right hand side. As you can see, let's just look on the forty thousand dollars side, forty thousand dollars. It shows that on that forty thousand dollars they encourage Social Security tax and Medicare tax, so that fifteen point three percent was taken out because guess what, they are an employee, so on their on their check, they took out fifteen points I mean sorry, seven point sixty five percent, and then the company paid the other seven point sixty five percent, right, but technically it's all their companies, so in this example, they were responsible for that fifteen point three percent. That forty thousand dollars was then reported on a W two. So before we go on, I just want to show you all that what this is saying here is that the person went from paying fifteen point three percent on one hundred thousand dollars to only paint it on forty thousand dollars. Okay, So I really wanted to point that out, and I like to improve this because it helps people understand exactly, you know, how that savings work, and so it really is, it really is the phenomenal tool by just changing your entity. I usually suggest that I always get this question on what income threshold, I usually say anything over thirty five forty thousand dollars, I suggest that you convert over to an escort. If you are making anything under that, then I would suggest remaining as an LLC until you are profiting you know, above those numbers, because an escort has requirements, right, you have to process kroll, you have to fire tax every single year. So you just want it to make sense, all right. So just to kind of finish out this diagram, we had the forty thousand dollars being reported on a W two, the sixty thousand dollars going to be reported on a K one, which also does not have any self employment tax, and then the whole hundred thousand kind of goes down and is going to be tax on ordinary income taxes. Okay, So I just wanted to talk about that now. I had to bring you guys through that because I think that it's like so important, and we talked about on the episode, like things you need to consider when you're forming your business, but I wanted to go into a little bit more on like, Okay, what does it all mean, and to make sure that you all are doing it correctly. So now positioning yourself to sell. Now you may know the craft, but not the business. This is so important because I feel that it doesn't matter what industry it is, the business side of things will take the fun out of everything. I have a ton of creative clients, and the business side of things just extremely stress them out because they're like, I just want to be, like I just want to create, Like even me, I most days I'm screaming. I'm like, I just want to do taxes. I want to do taxes. I want to educate, I want to talk to people, right, But then when I have to sit down and really do the business side of it, what I call fun, which I know most people want call fun, like doing taxes, but like what I call fun, it's not fun, right because the business side of it is so technical and it's so serious, and it's so important, and it's something that you have to really think about. When you're really thinking thinking about, you know, starting this business, you have to think about what do I what do I need to do versus what do I need to delegate? Or who do I need to hire? Or who do I need to engage? Like what consultant can I pay to help me? You know, eliminate a lot of mistakes. So put this picture hair, because you have to hire a team. And again I started out it was just me. I was answering phone, doing the consultations, doing the taxes, I was doing everything. However, I understood very early that I needed to hire someone. So my first person that I hired wasn't admin. That was my first person because guess what, there's a lot of administrative tasks and there's a lot of you know, duties that needs to get done on a day to day, but no one really talks about those things. Everybody makes it seem like you can do it all. But what start to happen is that I was forgetting things I wasn't able to show up, and I quickly quickly understood that I needed to hire a team. I also needed to delegate. What I didn't put on here that I want to talk about is just outsourcing and bringing in and hiring experts that you really need to hire. And so I want to spend a minute just talking about that, because when you hire an ex and most of you all are you know, on this you know, on this zoom right now, and so you're already showing up for yourself, right you're here, You're showing up for the information. So that is amazing. But I want you all to take it a step further and really take that knowledge and execute on it. Right, So we're all always talking about listen, you need to hire the experts you need to you know, get whatever knowledge it is that you need. You need to take it a step further. Right, So after you sit here and you get this knowledge, okay, so what is that next step? And so really really really think about, Okay, who can help me eliminate my mistakes? Who do I need in my one percent team? Isn't my CPA?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: So I always say my one percent team includes my CPA. My fight, Well, I'm kind of the CPA I'm actually looking for to CBA because it's gotten to a point where I'm like, I need to like outsource some of these things, right, But as a business owner, you need a CPA. I help people say, so much money, I'm a tax right off, I'm a whole asset, right, And I say that. I jokingly say that to people all the time. I'm like, yeah, I'm a write off, but I'm truly an asset because not only am I going to save you on taxes, but I'm also going to help you with your business. I'm all. I also have the resources, right, and the experience, and a lot of people like don't value the fact of having people in your corner that you can pick up the phone to say, hey, do you have a referral for I want to start payroll. Who can I you know, get to my payroll?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: I want I need a financial advisor? Who do I need? Like those things are extremely important because you have to be able to eliminate the mistakes because if you're starting, and if you don't have anybody to say listen, here here's what you need to do. You have to create your team. So get your banker, get your lender, get you know that funding expert. Get these people, you know, whoever your brand strategist is going to be, whoever's going to you know, look into marketing. So pace yourself. But you need all of these people on your team because these are the people that's going to help you grow your business. Okay, so that is so important. So marketing that takes me into marketing. Marketing is so important. A lot of people will spend so much time worried about packaging and you know, all the pretty things and all the things that they're so passionate about, and they forget to tell people about their business. So what is going to like, how are you going to get the word out? What? How are you going to get more clients? How are you going to get people to purchase your item of you know, your service? How are you going to get people to invest in you? What is going to be your strategy? Most people are not thinking about it. What is the budget for it? Create a budget for it. I don't know if you guys seem as didy episode last now on the podcast, I love this ditty by the way, So I watched the whole episode. But she said, like, you have to put money into bunch, I mean into marketing. And if you look at I think Elon Mus said it too, like I will put my last money into marketing. People are not valuing marketing enough. Everyone's so consumed and so tied up into what they think is such a good product and a good service, and then they do all of these things on the back end, but nobody knows that it's available. Nobody knows what service or product you have, so no one can purchase it. What is going to be your plan of action to actually get that out there? Okay, so understanding funnels, right, So funnels can be from It doesn't matter if you're online. Well most people, I'm sure you guys are online, but if you aren't online, you need to be online. You have to have some sort of social presence to your business. Because I don't care if I walk in the store, I still go into the still go on Instagram pages. I'm like, oh, I wonder what their Instagram page looks like. Right, And I'm not the only person that does that. So you have to understand funnels, and a funnel is really nothing more than how are you going to get your client into your process and service them. How are you going to get them to buy whatever it is that you want them to buy? How are they going to start here? What's the next step, what's the next set, what's the next step until you get them to purchase from you? You have to think about those things. You can't just think because you're passionate and you think that it's a great product that it's going to sell, because that is not the case, okay. And also think about how are you going to retain clients. Everyone's always concerned about how they're going to key, I mean, get new clients, but in terms of retaining clients, people are not thinking about that or talking about how they're going to actually retain the clients that they actually have. Like, you already have the clients here, how are you going to service them? What are you going to do the follow up? Is it? You know, an offer?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 6: You know? Just finding different services for me? I keep my clients because I listen to what they're telling me that they need. So if my client's like, hey, I need this, I need this, I'm like, you know what, like sales taxes, I originally was not doing sales taxes, but now I'm bringing sales taxes, and so by the end of the end of March, my firm will be offering tax I mean sales tax services on a larger scale because clients need it, especially with so many people selling online. And so you have to keep you have to keep those things in mind, and you have to listen. You sell by listening, so you have to listen to your current clients. So the last thing is funding, right, So funding is something that you have to think about in the beginning. Right, you may try to understand like okay, well what exactly like how am I going to actually get the money to start my business? Or Okay, I have my business is here, but I need to hire more employees, I need a new software, I need to do these things, and I don't have the money to do it. And I always say that small business owners, we're always in a bad position because we need more money in order to grow, but a lot of times we don't have the money to grow. So you wind up in this vicious cycle where it's like, Okay, well, in order for me to grow, I need more money to grow, but I don't have more money to grow. So how what am I going to do, and so you have to be creative. You cannot just sit back again, as I said earlier, We're not going to sit back and just simply say, oh, this isn't like okay, I don't have enough money right now and that's it. No, you have to think about what am I going to do for more money. That changes your mindset and that makes you think about what are the steps and the things that you have to do in order to become more creative. So that way you can get the funding that you need in order to start your business. So let's talk about funding. You're starting out your business, I'm going to start out with tax free money. So what I call tax free money is when people go and they start, they may drive Uber or they may do door dash right to get some additional income. Pretty much any income that you are generating that's a ten ninety nine, not necessarily a W two. So you will receive that ten ninety nine at the end of the year. And why I call it tax free money is because at the same time, when you're driving that Uber and you're starting your business, you could take that money purchase laptops, purchase softwares, supplies, materials, and guess what it is. It's a tax write off. And that tax right off is going to go against the money that you were already making, right, And so now what happens is when you bring that money in, it's income. But now when you start buying things for the business, it is now an expense, right. And so what happens Let's say you brung in ten thousand dollars an income and then you had your laptop, and you had you know, you needed supplies and you needed all these things. That is ten thousand dollars worth of expenses that you may bring in that Now guess what, Now your net income is zero. So now that's technically tax free money. So now you have to think about because the reality is when you pay taxes, you're holding yourself back, right. So the more you overpaying taxes, the more you hold yourself back because you could be getting a lot further with that money that you're paying taxes with. So instead of just saying, okay, well I'm gonna take the money drive where I'm not gonna do anything. If you were getting that additional money in, instead of just getting the money in, you take that and you use it towards your startup costs right for your business. And so that's why I call that uh tax free money. Now credit cards, so well, thinking about credit cards, you have to understand that there's different tiers of credit cards.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: So there may be your bank credit card, right, and they may require you if you have good personal credit, you may go there to open up a business bank account. Nine times out of ten, the next thing they're going to say to you is do you want a business credit card? If they don't, just ask them for it, right, every bank does it. So if they have business checking accounts, which ninety five percent of banks do. So, if they ask you, you know, do you want a business credit card? If your business is new and you are just establishing your business, what the bank will do is they will take your They would pretty much make you personally guarantee the credit card. And what that really means is that you will they will run your personal credit to see what your personal credit is, to see if they will allow, you know, give you some line of credit on your well not line of credit, but will give you, yeah, a lot of credit on your credit card. So that is so important, right, And sometimes most people say, oh, I don't want them to, you know, look at my personal credit at all. That's fine. However, if you want to get where you're going a little fast, so you may have to use yourself to leverage in order to get that credit card. Now, as you start establishing that business credit and you are now in a better position, Now what happens is that you are able to then get credit cards down the line where you don't need to run your personal credit because now your business is establishing credit. And most of the times when you get these credit cards, they have zero interest, you know, zero transfer balance, and so you can utilize that. So now I just open up a business. I have a new business, and I just opened up a credit card and they gave me like thirteen months for free. Oh that's free money, like not free money, but interest free money. Right, that's cheap money. So because it's cheap money, gu's what I'm going to do. I'm gonna take it. I'm gonna invest it in my business and my returns. Now I just have a bunch of money that I can play with that I don't have to pay any interest on until next year February. So you all have to think about these things as well, and you know, utilize yourself if you need to to get where you're going. Okay, so now loans and lines of credits. So now loans and lines of credit will require you to have like your business. And keep in mind you when you're going for loans lines of credits, you have to make sure that your business entity. And this is why I left funding for the end, because it is so important that your business is set up properly or you will not get funding. When it comes to advancing, you have to know that you are not going to get to that next level until you are structured correctly. So you're gonna need to make sure that your entity is set up correctly. As we talked about on the episode, you need to make sure that that address is not a home address. You need to make sure that it's a virtual address, something that they can search and see that you are a legitimate business. You want to make sure that you have a website, you have an office telephone number, and wherever you're getting these things at right it doesn't matter, but you have to make sure that they are put in place. You also need to make sure that you have income coming into your business bank account because so many people will go for loans or go for some sort of funding and they're like, oh my god, like I have all my income for my business going into my personal account. That is not going to work. They want to see money coming into your business, and if you have everything going into your personal that does not cut it. You have to make sure that is done. The next thing that they're always going to ask are your tax returns, So you need to make sure that you are filing your tax returns. Okay, So keep in mind those things are always going to be needed when you need when you need to go for a loan or aligne of credit. So with the loan and the line of credit, your business does need to be established. Every bank or lender has their own criteria. You know, some is a year, some is two years, but at minimum it has to be a year because they want to see those taxes. They want to see that you have money coming in. They want to see that you know, you reported it, and that's what they are going to go off of when they are deciding if they are going to approve you or not. Okay, So please keep in mind that you have to be positioned correctly so when you go they are going to look at your taxes, They're going to look at your bank statements, and that's what they are going to use to determine if you are eligible for loans. But there's also different tiers funding. I think we can kind to talk about all day, but I know we don't have all these all this time. But just so that you all know, and I'm driving this point home, eighty eight percent of millionaires are self made entrepreneurs in the United States. So there's a facade out there that millionaires are all millionaires they get their money passed down to them. That's not true. Eighty eight percent of millionaires are self made millionaires in the United States. That means that everybody had a dream, they worked hard, they believed in themselves, they seen their future self, and they showed up every single day for their future self because they wanted a different change in a different circumstance. Okay, So keep that in mind, and if eighty eight percent like there's a lot of millionaires, there's a lot of millionaires. Eighty eight percent of millionaires can do so by being self made, meaning they didn't have any help, they had an idea and they went after it. Then you can too you know, and so believe in yourself. I find that that's the biggest limitation. Five hundred thousand people put their jobs in twenty twenty one, and that number is expected to continue to increase. Okay, so please please, please please please keep that in mind as you all are thinking, you know, about this entrepreneur journey. There's so many people out here just doing it for themselves, showing up for themselves. You know, we all have an amazing platform of EYL just letting us know everything that's possible. I've learned about so many different industries, you know, just through watching the podcast and just being present that I'm like, oh my god, I didn't even know I can make money this way, or I didn't know or you know, really understand the logistics behind it. And so we have to make sure that it's a situation where we are, you know, really really taking advantage of these things. So that concludes my presentation.
Speaker 2: Elevation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm glad you brought up that that great resignation as they're calling it, right, because the unemployment rate is going lower every month, and so if the people are resigning, they're not found for unemployment, they must be creating their businesses.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad you brought that plant up.
Speaker 3: Yes. So now we're going to go into the part that's probably the most beneficial. As I said, you want to take.
Speaker 9: The that's now we're gonna go into the part that is pitt most beneficial for the EYO University classes is the question and answer part.
Speaker 3: Anytime we do a YouTube lib, whether it's market Mondays, whether it's over enrollment, whether it's even a podcast, people ask questions, which is weird because I mean, you would know, you would think that people know that the question is not going to get answered in a podcast because it's pre recorded. But people still, like in the common sessions, don't ask questions during the recording of like during the like premiere of the podcast. So this is an opportunity for people to actually ask questions and it becomes, you know, more of an intimate situation, kind of like a consultation. Really. So we're going to open it up and yeah, answer some questions that I'm sure a lot of people will have, like, you know, similar type of questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 4: We're gonna start with Patrack. We're coming to you. Mute yourself you've been unmuted. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Patrick? Good evening?
Speaker 6: Hello everyone?
Speaker 2: How are you? I am great?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm very well.
Speaker 2: Thank you miss business. You made this so simplified.
Speaker 6: I mean you really did.
Speaker 2: I thank you. Listen.
Speaker 10: My question is I'm thinking about moving from LLC to Escort real soon. But my question was about adding children to the payroll and the additional benefits. I have an inquisitive granddaughter. She loves doing whatever you know I'm doing to help me along, and I'm just wondering if that will help me because I think it's what like almost thirteen thousand dollars I can out over the.
Speaker 2: Year just trying to tax free. Is it what I'm understanding?
Speaker 6: Absolutely? So let's talk about this because this is always a hot topic on how much people can pay themselves and then what that process is. So in regards to paying yourselves, sorry, in regards to paying your granddaughter or pa.
Speaker 2: Earners, what's up?
Speaker 4: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the seats are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save plan and make calculated decisions with your bank.
Speaker 2: But keeping your.
Speaker 4: Money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 11: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be a lie to return legally, do what's right.
Speaker 6: Leave now.
Speaker 11: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 2: Will be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 6: And you're any child, what needs to happen. You don't have to put them on payroll like officially, like through like an ADP, or you don't have to do that. What you can do is you simply can take the money from the business account to and send it to the child's personal account. But keep in mind that the child must the account has to be in the child's name, right, It can't be in your name or let's say your daughter's name or your son's name. It has to be in the child's name, Okay. And so what happens is you can say you can pay them, pay your granddaughter up to twelve five hundred dollars and send the money from the business account to the personal account. It then is a tax deduction at the end of the year.
Speaker 10: Awesome, awesome, thank you for the thank you for clarifying that need to be another thank you.
Speaker 3: And then you could take that money and invest and put it in a broken board.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right. Valuable information right there, yeah, appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Pat. Then you could even go a step further and if the child is old enough, you could put you know, you could put the money in a raw ira up to six thousand dollars right business. Yeah, and that's tax free when they take it out later on down the line. So it's a lot of different ways that you can actually, you know, benefit from that situation.
Speaker 10: Awesome, Thank you so much. I am so glad I finally joined E y L. It's a plethora of information.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Guys. I'll let someone else come on.
Speaker 3: So we appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the family.
Speaker 2: It's been a minute, I said through my little cold. There we go, Aaron, we're coming to you. Mute yourself, you've been unmuted. What's going on? Peace? Peace? How y'all doing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Everybody? Good man? All right? Respect? Okay.
Speaker 12: So last year I started a LLC for real estate investment. I started with twenty thousand dollars startup funding and a friend of mine wanted to help my business establish credit by purchasing by purchasing a condo, so they invested one hundred and thirty thousand into my business savings account.
Speaker 2: It was a business. It's a business savings account.
Speaker 12: They invested one hundred and thirty thousand for me to make this purchase of a condo, and they wasn't really agreeing with the market based on our search, so they decided to make another move, so they I withdrew that third one hundred and thirty thousand dollars and gave it back to them. How how should I classify that on my taxes? You know, to avoid any issues.
Speaker 6: Well, you don't have to claim it on your taxes because when you receive the money, it's not considered income. It was more so considered like a loan. Right, if the money that was provided to you as a loan, and then the money that when you basically repaid the loan, you just repaid the loan. What I will say that you need to do is you, I don't know if you all already have a loan agreement in place, but if you, if you all you or anyone in here have a situation similar to that, you want to make sure that you establish like a loan agreement, right, So that way, and it just needs to say, you know who was the borrow who gave the money? What are the terms? What is the you know expected hey day, So that way you won't have a real true partnership agreement and then any ambiguity about if it was income or not.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and I totally understand, Thank you.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it, no problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, those all those agreements are extremely important.
Speaker 4: Operating agreement, partnership agreement, and obviously a loan agreement. As we can see right now, that's something that we don't even think about when we go into business, especially when we do it with like our partners, our friends. It's kind of like, yo, hey, you'll do this, I'll do this. But to have something that's formally put together, it's very important in a case like this.
Speaker 2: It could be almost detrimental if you don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go, let's go to uh Tariq. We're coming to you. I mute yourself, you've been unmuted. What's going on? Torek its loan on your piece? Everybody? How y'all feeling to night? Are you going on? Bless man? I'm blessed. I appreciating this business for everything you've done.
Speaker 13: I know you talk shouting choice from the beginning, appreciating the Jim Joad and gave my question. Actually, I was right up on Troy's point. Can you list your top ten things that you would list in an operating agreement? I don't want to know what which you would actually personated Jesus we can.
Speaker 3: And also, can you just explain what a operator I had this conversation with somebody today. Can you explain what an operating agreement actually is and why it is beneficial for starting your business or having a business?
Speaker 6: Absolutely? So, operating agreement pretty much is the rules of the business. You want to make sure that you establish what is going to be the tone and the rules of your business when you are first started. So the operating agreement will detail things out like when are you going to take profits? What is the ownership percentage? When is there lock up period? Are you going to bring some you know, let's say an investor decides to invest in your company and you wanted to have some sort of lock up period. You would include all of those things those terms inside of inside of the operating agreement. Are you all going to decide to dissolve the business after five years or ten years?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: What role and of all of the what are the roles of all of the partners of the business, who's going to do what? What are the ownership percentages? Those are the type of things that goes in an operating agreement because you want to make sure that you are detailing it out. And it is very, very very important, especially when you have partnerships of multiple members, because you want to detail out one and make it clear who's doing what. Right, that is a big thing in partnerships. Most people will start it and have no idea who's doing what that business, So you have to think about, Okay, who's doing what, what is the profit sharing, who's liable for what? If anyone? Right? Those are the things that you would put in there. Right, is there lock up period? Are you going to dissolve the business? Who's responsible for what?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 6: What's the ownership percentage?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 6: I thought I just almost gave you like ten so I know you did.
Speaker 2: You did you give me a sil list? I appreciate it. Thank you so much. Okay, that's off the top of the ad man, it's late. I understand. I appreciate, really appreciate you, bro, sir.
Speaker 6: Ten, I'm like I got close.
Speaker 4: The ten business commandments. Rina, We're coming to you. I meet yourself you've been unmuted. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Hello evening, y'all.
Speaker 2: Hello, how you doing?
Speaker 14: I'm well, thank you.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 14: I am a mature earner and new to EU y L. I have recently started taking care of my mom and I also have my granddaughter. So I'm thinking that I could do something in terms of like maybe a boarding care something like that, something where I'm able to care for others. So my question is what I be better just starting off renting or leasing a home or buying the home to start your business? Put the business into what are your thoughts?
Speaker 6: So you would have to really consider I hate given the explanation of it depends, but it really does depend on like what those facts and circumstances are, you know, like what is the value of the home? Right? Are you able to purchase the home at a good you know, at a good rate. Does it make sense for you to maybe rent at you know, rent for a certain period of time and then you know, buy at a later time You have to kind of I wouldn't be able to make that decision, but what I can say is that while you are trying to make that decision, you need to think about and weigh in all the factors about you know, the financial you know, the financial responsibility that that is going to put on you, and another thing that you know. I'm so happy that you asked this because a lot of people don't think about let's say, startup costs, right, so now you have to think about all the costs that is going to cost you to actually start this up. The licenses, you know, the registration, especially if you're getting into a feel like that, you know, the professionals, the certifications, you know, the decor, the supplies, all of the things that you're going to need. And then on top of that, if you add a mortgage, will it be the same as paying rent? If so, then you know, land is you know happen. Land is better, you know. But if it's a situation that you know it's going to be is going to put you in a bad space and not allow you to be able to reinvest into your business, then you may want to be able to kind of take that step back, rent for a little bit and then purchase the home so that would be mine. Okay, I appreciate that. Thank you very much.
Speaker 14: Y'all have a good one.
Speaker 4: You are thank you by no shout out to all the Mature Earnest. Man, that's one of those dope. Uh, that's the they.
Speaker 2: Got a lot of information.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's one of the best Infinity clubs that we have Mature Earnest. Oh, yeah, it's really dope.
Speaker 2: All right. I want to I don't want to get this name wrong. I think it's shown Aatina.
Speaker 4: But I might be wrong, but I'm unutube anyway to talk and then if I'm said it wrong, you can correct me.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 5: It's shan Tina.
Speaker 6: You are close.
Speaker 2: Ah, Shantina. What's going on? How are you? I'm good in you, I'm great, I'm great, Thank you for being My.
Speaker 6: Question is.
Speaker 15: I I work a regular job and I also had invested in a uh and I'm in a business that we eventually just sold.
Speaker 6: But I get a.
Speaker 3: Like a a.
Speaker 15: Worties payment every like every six months. But my question is when I turn my taxes in to the CPA to get done, do I get them?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 15: How do how do I do that? And I'm trying to start a business, so I still give them my W two stuff and my investment business stuff, and I need to file taxes for my personal business. So when I do go get a loan for my own personal business, I want to show the lener that I have income. I mean, I have income, but not for my business that I haven't really produced income yet, if it makes sense.
Speaker 6: Okay, So let me just say this again to make sure I have it. You had a business, you sold it, and you're getting royalties. Yes, okay, then you also have another business, but you're not really operating that that other business.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's getting royalties from my job, though you're getting royalties from your job. Right.
Speaker 15: No, I'm getting royalties from the business business I was in a group with we sold it, but I'm getting royalties from that. But I'm that's still coming along for another a year or two. But I want to start my own own business, but I want to file. Understanding is I need to file taxes for the business that haven't started to get a loan or a business credit?
Speaker 6: Got you? Okay? So when you file your taxes, you have to report the roadtees. If there are any expenses that you that you incurred, then what will happen is that you will report those expenses. If you have your W two, you'll report that in terms of your business. So with your business, if you haven't made you have to report the income that you've made as well as report the expenses. So if you're in a position where you haven't made any money in that business, then you wouldn't report any money in that business. So that's how you would file that, So you would you would only let's say, if you whatever you made in the business and whatever you spent in the business, that's what you would report on the taxes.
Speaker 15: So so earlier when you was explaining like because I already have the LLC credit for the new business for myself, I'm not in a group business anymore, so I don't need to do a C CORP along with to see with the LLC that I credit for my own business because I hadded a business with a group of people where I get royalties from which I made over almost almost two hundred k.
Speaker 5: Almost two hundred k.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm. So they're paying your royalties out to your name or to your business. It's coming to me.
Speaker 15: So I get I do a schedule K one because I have I have a ten forty form that I have to do.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's fine. So yeah, so you will report that, so you will report that, but you wouldn't report on the personal business that you're referring to. There's nothing for you to report if you didn't have any activity, but you still will include the K one. If you did receive any like separate royalties, then you would report that. And then you're also your W two and all of that if you do need to provide all of that to your CPA, and they will they should, you know, know what to do with it and report everything and filing correctly.
Speaker 15: Okay, because I was just nervous because when I do, like I'm getting like my little list of things to do for my new business, which is a totally different business, but I'm just trying to get my my my equipment that I need to start that business. And I just didn't know if I needed a file taxif O business I didn't create income on, and that's what it was making me a little nervous.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, So your requirement for filing if you're an LLC is if you've made four hundred dollars or more, you're required to file your taxes if you did not, and let's say you have startup expenses that you had to put out. You can file, but you're not required to file if you didn't make four hundred dollars or more. So just keep that in mind so you don't have to file those taxes, not for the business. Everything else you have to file.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you so much, Hiray, thank you, have a good one and congrats on those royalties. Thank you so much. Of course, of course, all right, let's go to jail. James, James, what's going on? I'm mute yourself? You've been unmuted? What's the deal? It was going on? A piece piece?
Speaker 3: Good at you?
Speaker 16: I'm good, I'm good man. Thank you guys for everything you do. Tuning in for a minute, been to earner, four minute shut out to earner. I have a truck and company and I was I switched over my LLC to an S corpor a while ago, and I was wondering do I have to set up.
Speaker 2: The ADP and how to go about that?
Speaker 6: So you do need to set up payroll. It is a requirement. They can revoke your escorts status if you are not in compliance with payroll, so you do need to do that. You. I do have an ADP REP that I can connect you with. She works with all of my clients.
Speaker 2: Shout to Nicole.
Speaker 6: Yes Nicole O night, Yes, yes, yes, yes, Nicole is amazing. She helps every like she helps out all my clients. So if you just send me over a d M or an email, go to my DM. My my instagram is miss Business, so ms dot business one on one and I will send you over her contact. I'll make sure that you get.
Speaker 2: Her contact on Instagram.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did y'all did a live the other night?
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, we did a live the other Night's actually still on my page so you can take us. Yeah. We talked about like W two ten ninety nine, get in that process, all of those things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so James, when you go to her page, you'll probably see Nicole from ADP. She's on a page is probably within the last three or four posts. They actually did a live the other night, which is pretty dope. Okay, all right, bro, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Yeah, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Let me get some let me get some housekeeping items in before we could just break it out. I know, room, Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna keep answering questions. But I know she's been talking for like forty five minutes, so I'll give her a break to get some water if she needs it. But yes, this once again, this is a window into Eyo University. This is what we do every single week. We just covered this. The last Wednesday of the month is open enrollment. But I wanted to talk about women's business has going on for a minute because she actually just dropped her. I don't even want to call it a course. I really want to call it a business blueprint, And that's actually the name of it, business blueprint, where it's fifteen hours of information everything every single thing that you need to know about setting up a business, like we cover we can only cover so much in the hour and a half or two hours, but like detailed, like you know, bullet points on every single thing from payroll structure to retirement plan structure to you know, selling a business, to everything business credit, like all paled in to fifteen hours of video, and it's actually assessments after like you go through different things, different assessments for the modules. There's different guest instructures. I'm actually in there teaching about retirement planning and there's a work book attached to it as well, So it's a great body work. I actually went through it myself, so I appreciate that. I'll say she's she's modest, so I'm saying her praise for her. So I say that to say, if anybody's interested and really wants to take that business serious and really start a business, I highly, highly strongly suggest that you invest in that. Like I said, being a financial advisor, you know, you get a business plan and you're paying anywhere from two to five thousand dollars for a business plan, and that's something that is not even half of what she has actually put out. She's a business plan on steroids, actually, like detailing so many different things and so many different resources. Really, the encyclopedia, it's really like a college bachelor's degree in business, all wrapped in fifteen hours. So it's an amazing body of work that she put together. I'm not just saying that because she's here. I'm saying that because I actually went through it and actually got a chance to actually learn as well. That's one thing I always learned. So we're gonna pin the link and it's a thousand dollars. We have a thousand dollars off, so it's actually five hundred dollars. The whole the whole fifteen hours is five hundred dollars. Ian will be very disappointed.
Speaker 2: I can hear him now pounding the air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he would be very disappointed with that, if he's still in the live But I'm gonna pin it. So yeah, Like I said, if you if you're interested in starting a business, or if you have a business and you want to take a visit to the next level, extremely extremely important, I highly suggest that you all invest in that. So yeah. The website is MS blueprint Eyo dot com. I penned it, and it's also in the description of this video and the description of like when we put it on Apple and Spotify as well. So yeah, I just wanted to do that before we get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that can I sing your praises a little bit more?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I mean obviously went through the course, went through all the assessments for the course what's your incredible But one of the dopest things was the workbook, right, And so I think you want to talk about the work work, I'll.
Speaker 6: Talk about the work Actually, can I pull up the work book? But on foll, can I just pull up the workbook?
Speaker 4: You I'm gonna pull it up because I think this is one of the dopest features and I don't think I've seen anybody do it like this, So yeah, pull it up.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So the idea behind the workbook, so the the course, the business blueprint. The reason why I even started the blueprint, I mean, why I even thought to do the blueprint is because here's a situation where I had a ton hold on one second, let me just pull this over here. I have twenty five hundred business clients and I realized that we were not operating or doing business correctly. So what I wanted to do was be able to be a resource for people because they just were not doing business correctly. And it's so important, and I ultimately feel that it's not a situation where people don't want to do better, is that they necessarily don't have the tool, they don't have the resources. So outside of like having marketing, having you know, in the course, we walked through everything, your ideas, having partners, contracts, rashads. They're talking about retirement, dissolving your business, which no one talks about. You know, I had King Ashley Inn and there she's talking about marketing. Someone from HR hading a call from ADP and they're just talking about payroll and hold on one second, and I thought of the idea to actually put together like a business plan. So this is the workbook. Hold on one second, that's just the cover page. Hold on where we were, Oh, here we go.
Speaker 5: Hold on.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, some people in the zoom are asking for the link. I just put it in the link for everybody to see. So everybody has asked us to that link and YouTube. It's already in there for y'all as well.
Speaker 6: Hold on, give me one second, because I think that the workbook is so good. It's like over one hundred pages, so we're really hard on this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the workbook work definitely a good idea for sure.
Speaker 6: Because they got so the idea is that when you walk away, you have a you have a business plan. And as Rashad said, most people are paying thousands of dollars for a business plan and they don't even have they don't have anything. They don't have half the stuff that you're getting in here. So all right, finally got it, all right, and I got it to open.
Speaker 3: So let's get one more question than business You could ask you why you're doing that.
Speaker 6: We could just oh, I got it, got it, yep, I got it. So pretty much this is the workbook where we have my one percent team. So this is all the people that are featured in the course. So we have Rishad actually in Sabine the purpose lawyer. We have Chrisly she's in there talking about hr Rosina. She's talking about trademarks. Connie's talking about processes, Nicole's talking about payroll. We have Brandon from PGG talking about how to buy vehicles and assets in your business name. But we have my team here, my branding and marketing strategists and brand strategists and photographer. I had them hopping there to like just talk about from their perspective. We have Ellieto Money talking about funding, so she dropped a lot Breed talking about, you know, just buying assets in your name and business credit and personal credit. And Jalen in there talking about pr all right, so pretty much just to give you guys, like a peek into the work book, the idea behind the work book. And keep in mind you can actually right inside of the workbook, so when you download the workbook, it's you can literally do it on your phone. So the entire workbook is fillable, so you'll be able to like check boxes, write in all of these boxes so it's not something that you have to print out. So really going through your your SWAT, your pros and cons partnership agreement templates are in here, you know, just really going through all of these things, like breaking down all the things that I just went through. Here, here's all the links. Right if you want to apply for EI in that's there, right, So, ok, what are what's the thing? So all of those things here because I don'et lost the page, but yeah, all of those things are pretty much in the world book.
Speaker 3: And that's an addition.
Speaker 6: That's an addition, that's an addition to the course, right, because I felt I don't I don't want you guys with your opening paper. I needed to guide you. I needed to make sure that you know I got it, guided you all throughout all of those lessons because I really think that it's so it's so good to have like a big thing. I say that twenty twenty two is the year of the bosses. Some years is real estate. Twenty twenty two is for bosses. We have too many people quitting their job. We have too many people, you know, just kind of just want to show up for themselves. So that's my theory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the bosses.
Speaker 3: I love it, gentlemen.
Speaker 4: And from an educator to an educator, man, I appreciate that.
Speaker 17: Right.
Speaker 2: And at the end of it, you got your whole business plan. Let's say, are get a few more questions before we saw we come to you and meet yourself. You've been unmuted at what's going on? How you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm good? Okay?
Speaker 8: Can you explain the process to switch over from LLC to escorre.
Speaker 6: Hi toush on tray baby, jeuse me client? So the process to switch over from LLC to escort, the process has to be done on the federal side and the state side, depending on which state you are in. So there's only a few states that require you to also do the election on the state side. But keep in mind, guys, and ESCORP is not an entity type. It is a tax election. So what that means is that you have to complete tax You have to complete Form twenty five fifty three and you have to submit it to the IRS. Now keep in mind, once you submit that form to the IRS, they will require you I mean they will require about four months in order to get that form back to you just to say, hey, I acknowledge that you are an esport. Okay, so you have to keep that in mind. There are certain states I think right now it's just New York, I believe, Ohio, New Jersey, in one other state I can't remember the other state that's still that requires you to do it and basically complete the form on the state side. But most states don't require you to also take that additional step on the state side. They pretty much just follow suit with whatever you elect on the federal side. In regards to the state level, like where you actually formed your entity. You don't need to notify them or let them know like, hey, I'm now an esport. Yes, twenty five fifty three, Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Get a few more.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Let's do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Let's go to uh Anna. We're coming to you, Anna. I'm mute yourself. I'm it was going on.
Speaker 7: Hi there, good evening, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, right when imute yourself. Y'all on it. Love it.
Speaker 7: Hi, rashod Hi, Troy, nice to see you this evening, Hello, this business. I enjoy your presentation. My question is this and this goes to funding. Can we talk about or can you express your views on shelf corporations because a lot of credit agencies want you to have some seasoning, especially if you're new, and so I know that shelf corporations are a way to try to put your business in the position of of uh longevity, shown that you've been around a little while. So can you share it relates to.
Speaker 6: Funding absolutely so with shell for shelf corporations. For those of you who aren't familiar, that just means that someone purchased a corporation or an LLC and they said, you know what, we are going to hold on to this LLC for a certain amount of years and then you can then buy into this business that has already been established. And that's why I always tell people when they ask me like when should I start an LLC, I'm like, today asap, don't wait. And the reason why I say that is because when you go to lenders, the first thing that they're going to ask you is when did you form your business? When was your business established? Longevity matters. So if you are just getting into you know funding, I mean, you're just getting into business and you are in a position where you want to go for funding, but of course you're just getting into business, so you don't have the time. I think that shelf corporations are great. You just want to make sure that they are in compliance. I have had a person acquire a entity and they had a ton of unfouled tax returns, a ton of annual foul tax returns that were not filed. So you just want to make sure that you are you're not getting yourself into anything. You're welcome, and.
Speaker 2: It was right now her notes. I appreciate you and thank you.
Speaker 3: Let's get a few more before we bat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it. Let's do it. Let's see what we got.
Speaker 4: Uh, let's go to Kendra hoole Kendrew, We're coming to you.
Speaker 2: I'm mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 8: I I have a couple of questions.
Speaker 5: Well, one, my husband and I already have a corporation which is a private investigation company, but we also have nine rental properties, and one of those rental properties we want to do an Airbnb. All the rental properties are in our name, and I am wanting to know is it best for us to establish an allc and to run the business or should we do another corporation in escort for the Airbnb and the ransom properties.
Speaker 6: No, so you should do an LLC. And the reason why you should not and this will take extreme strategy if it would make sense to ever put an real estate in a corporation. But for the most part, it almost does not make sense to put real estate in a corporation only because of the tax rates on the sales when it is going to be time to sell or transfer. It just is a nightmare in corporation. So I wouldn't suggest that you do it in a corporation, but if you do it inside of a sorry, if you do it inside of an LLC, that will be the solution that you need. Now with the Airbnb, you now have to consider you know, how much income you're going to have coming in and what that profit looks like. If it's one property, you you know you should be okay in a in an LLC. But as you let's say, if you require more Airbnbs, you may want to consider an escort because now you are moving into a transactional business and you don't want to get caught up in that self employment tax.
Speaker 8: Okay, So with the Airbnb, we would need maybe a couple of employees because the business is like, I can't run it because I have a regular job as well. So to pay them, we can pay them through the LLC and it's okay or we how does that work?
Speaker 6: Absolutely? So when you say pay them, are you referring to paying them? Like, are you saying do they need to like how to pay them like a payroll?
Speaker 5: Right, like a payroll or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So if you do have them down as employees, you do want to get a payroll company. One thing that you all have to understand is that when you decide to start bringing on employees, you want to make sure that you're thinking about your payroll. And I just want to talk about this a little bit because it's so important when you decide to get employees or even pay yourself on payroll. Keep in mind you have federal deposits that have to be made to the federal You have state deposits that have to be made to the state every single payroll, right, so if it's bi weekly, those are bi weekly deposits. You also have to file quarterly taxes, right quarterly your quarterly payroll taxes. Those taxes also need to be remitted to Social Security and Medicare, and you also have to keep in mind that there's an annual return that has to be filed. That's why I use ADP. They kind of take care of everything. Is something that you even need to think about. The everything is so seamless. But I just wanted, you know, I want to be very transparent because I've seen so many people. I've seen people lose their businesses because of taxes. So I'm always so adamant about you know, when you do it, just do it right. So yes, if you are going to hire people because you cannot you know, be active in the business, that's totally fine. Just enroll in a payroll provider, get them set up as W two's and whatever that pay frequency is, if that's every week or if that is you know, bi weekly, you can set that up. You can always change it to make sure that they're being paid what they need to be paid. Okay, Okay, thank.
Speaker 2: You, Kendra, You're welcome.
Speaker 18: More.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Let's do let's go to uh, Brian, We're coming to you. Brian. I mute yourself. You've been unmuted that what's going on? You perfectly Uh, this is surreal. I mean, yeah, you got listen ui every day.
Speaker 6: I'm a new earner.
Speaker 19: Really appreciate everything you guys do.
Speaker 2: This is amazing. I really do appreciate it. Man, I got weazy up tonight.
Speaker 3: You see them weezy baby the for phenomenals for front though, I have.
Speaker 2: A two part question. If that's all right, no guidelines to night, man, let's do it all right?
Speaker 5: Cool?
Speaker 19: So I have an investment group that I run. It's nineteen of us in there. We put in two thousand dollars a year total. So I was trying to figure out what's the best type of entity that we can put together for that type of group where we're not paying too much in taxes because I know with the LLC with the partnerships, we got to pay per member like per partner in there when it comes to following your taxes, I believe. And then since it's not really a business, we're just a group, we're not really producing active income right now. So I was trying to see what you think makes the most sense for us to protect ourselves absolutely.
Speaker 6: So I just want to clarify in terms of the filing the per member. The only time you there's any fees per member is if you don't file your taxes. So I'm happy that you mentioned that because anyone that is an sport or partnership or two plus member LLC keep in mind that your filing date is March fifteen. Okay, so your filing date is March fifteen, and you want to make sure that you spail your taxes by March fifteenth or put in an extension because sorry, because the penalty for non filing is two hundred and five dollars per month per member. So in your case, if you have an investment group and it's ten people, that's two hundred and five dollars times ten times twelve. Right, if you do not file your taxes. In terms of the entity type that I think is best. When you say an investment group, what are you guys investing in? Are you guys pulling money together? What exactly does the investment group do?
Speaker 19: So currently we've been putting in the two thousand dollars. We first we did long term stocks, then after that we invested in crypto and trying to do some swing trading and I personally do d trading for the group. In the future, we will be starting businesses. This year, We're looking to open up airbnb business, Touro, and a vendor machine. So that was my second part question of is we should be getting separate entities for each business that we open up or should we just keep it all under the one group?
Speaker 6: Gotcha? So the first part, you should be an LLC because it is so many of you. You want to and you guys are investing in different things. You want to make sure that I know you mentioned that you're doing the trading, so I'm hoping that the Brokeridge account is in the business name. So that way when the money comes in and you guys have to distribute all of the profits that each of you will receive a K one and then you would only you only report your respective share on your taxes, right, and so the LLC would be the route for that and to your the second part of your question, absolutely, you should definitely put all of those additional businesses inside of you know, different entities. One because I've had various investment group clients and what's going to happen. I don't want say it's going to happen, but what may happen is that somebody may say, you know, I don't want to invest into Roo. No, I'm fine over here with stocks and Airbnb, right, and then you don't want to have to try to figure out, okay, well what now happens that is supposed to be ten of us and now this other person doesn't want this now. It just makes it very messy. And then another thing that you have to consider is the liability if something happens, you know, in one of your other businesses. You don't want it to be a situation where they can come and take all of the like all of your assets, your stocks, your you know, whatever other investment or other businesses you start make fair sense.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Please appreciate you.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling this business like? You want to go a little longer?
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm here, got a lot of hands, there's a lot of hands here. Let's keep rolling, all right, Lauren, we're coming to you and need yourself.
Speaker 2: You've been unmuted. Hello, what's going on? Hey? What's going on? Thank you? Thank you for letting me in. Man, great presentation, miss business.
Speaker 6: Appreciate it all right?
Speaker 17: Yeah, the S Corporation is it's interesting to me because it sounds like I've been paying that fifteen and not knowing it with the LLC.
Speaker 5: And but I don't.
Speaker 17: Recall clearly, but I remember somebody telling me they couldn't get the PPP long because of another corporate. I think they said that es corporate is what they had. And is that is that true that you couldn't get you know, say, if it come up again, you know, I want to be prepared for all of that stuff.
Speaker 2: Asking for front.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, so that is false. That is false. Your entity type had has nothing to do with you being eligible for a loan. What may have happened in that person's case, but I feel like they they revamped p PP so many times. If the person did have an escort esport. One of the requirements for an escort is that you pay yourself salary. So because you need to pay yourself salary, it was a requirement for you to have had kaid some sort of payroll that the person was in LLC, then they would not have needed to pay themselves technically a payroll, because when you are an LLC, your profit is considered your payroll. But they were not denied because they were an escort. They just were not in compliance, which I'm happy that you said this, because this is what I mean. And I became very passionate about business owners being in compliance during the whole pandemic because me being the accounting accountant, I've seen so much, you know, just trying to help people qualify for all the eidls and PPPs. It was a situation where people just were not positioned and they were not set up correctly, so therefore they were not able to take advantage of certain things, which I e. Again is going to hold us back while other people are able to take advantage of these things. So that's what that whole thing is.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 17: Now one more question about the es CORP. Now, So I would have to put myself on payroll if I, you know, like how you were talking about earlier, I would pay the fifteen percent on what the business profity.
Speaker 6: Right, No, the fifteen percent is going to only be on whatever you decide your salary is going to be. So if you, let's say, made one hundred thousand, but you say your salary is going to be thirty thousand, you would only be paying that fifteen point three percent on the thirty thousand.
Speaker 17: Okay, Okay, great, okay for that, clear up everything, thanks Milliam.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, likewise, man give it the good work, y'all.
Speaker 4: All right man, fifteen three percent, let's do it all right, Naikiza were coming to you?
Speaker 2: What's going on? I mute yourself. You've been muted.
Speaker 5: Good evening, good evening, good night everyone.
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 5: How you doing?
Speaker 20: I would like to say thank y'all for all the information you're giving miss business.
Speaker 6: You're killing it tonight. The problem. Thank you.
Speaker 20: I recently got anc I want to get a mixed dwell property, which will we have apartments on top and I want to get a cafe on the bottom. So when I open it up the LLC, I open up as a real estate because I don't have the cafe yet since I don't.
Speaker 2: Have the build it.
Speaker 20: So you just said, don't do the es Corp for the real estate part. Should I do the es Corp for the cafe once I get it?
Speaker 6: Yes? And those should be in two separate entities anyway, right, because you have to think about your cafe is transactional, so yes, that should be an escort. I'm considering that you know your profits are projected to be above that thirty five to forty thousand dollars mark. Now, if you have real estate, you have tenants, that's risky. They can slip, they can fall. So you may want to consider if that building is going to be in your name, maybe renting, maybe renting out the maybe creating a lease between you and the LLC and having your tenants rent from the LLC. Right, because now what that's doing is that's going to create a separation between your assets and your tenants if in the event something were to happen.
Speaker 20: Okay, I was going to ask, should I created another business to collect the rent? So the one business was to buy the property? And like like I guess somebody was saying, like a property management business to collect the rent, so all of that would be separate.
Speaker 6: I don't think that the first, your first property that structured in this way needs that, only because now you're still not protecting yourself against liability. It doesn't matter if a property management company, you know, it's like if a third party collected rent for you, you the least is still with you know, you and the tenant. So I think the better way is to as you know what I just explained, and you can have them pay the LLC and never pay us because they're rented from the LLC.
Speaker 2: Not you.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you so much, and keep no problem.
Speaker 2: Y'all are doing is needed.
Speaker 20: It's very needed.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do one more.
Speaker 6: One more.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's it. That's it. We're just gonna do one more. Let's let's go to case Sue. We're coming to you. I mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh word, today I've.
Speaker 6: Seen some people asking, am I taking clients for tax season? I am you. Guys can sign up, schedule your on boarding. Tax season has begun arrest already starting with me.
Speaker 2: So it's over all. We're gonna go to Jerry. Jerry. It's a middle part too. Jerry coming to you. I mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's the deal? Hike any guys, Jeremy.
Speaker 6: Perfect, Hi Jerry?
Speaker 2: Well is this Jerry case Sue? This is Jerry? All right, Jerry? What's the deal?
Speaker 3: What's good?
Speaker 18: Thanks guys taking me up? So my question is there. So I've been a member for about a few months now. I'm Canadian. I'm trying to can so shout out to all their adians there. One of the things about starting the business is that it's always challenging to get information from, you know, people that you're trying to you know, mimic their business. So I guess my question is, how do you strategize, you know, getting information on you know from Like let's say I'm a nurse ber for example. So if I want to start like a nurse's staffing agency, but then I know of another company that's doing it, but I know they're not probably not going to share information, how do you build those partnerships or strategies in terms of getting information on how to you know, get up and running in terms of starting a business.
Speaker 6: So I think you should just find someone that is willing to give you the information. Like there's so many people that have learned from whatever industry it is, and they have courses or they have you know, consultations, or they have you know, something that can help you. I mean, you know, nine times out of ten, your your competitor isn't going to say, hey, come over here, like I'm gonna let you into you know, everything that I've built so hard, right, because building a business is hard work, and so most people are not just gonna say, hey, yeah, you know, here's all my secrets, here's everything, because again, that is valuable. So I mean you may want you also can approach them and let them know that you know, you will pay for whatever information. I don't know, come on, Torry, Rashad, you guys have anything for this.
Speaker 3: I feel like, I feel like it's extremely important to network, so you know, your network will determine your network. Is sounds sounds like a cliche saying, but it's actually true. Right, So if I was in a position, I would identify the people that have reached the level of success that you would that you want to achieve and find out how you can add value to them without even ask them for anything, Like you know, see how you can add value to them for free, whether it's through introducing them to somebody else or you know, you know, working with them or working for them or whatever. Like you know, I would try to figure out how I could add value to that particular person and then from their establish a relationship with that person, and then from establishing a relationship from that person, actually learning from that person. But I mean, that's that's how I would go about it. If there's not information online or if she said if there's not a course available, stuff like that, I would try to identify the people that I really want to learn from, see how I can be an asset to them, build a relationship with them, and then learn from them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll just add to that, You're probably in the right space for that, right because there's over twelve thousand people in this community, and so I'm sure that there's somebody that is in that space right now that can help you as a peer and you could perhaps grow together. Right your next business partner could be listening to your plea right now. So I would put that in the Facebook group and then to see the response, especially we got a large audience in Toronto, so shout there by in Toronto. But there's somebody right now that can help you maybe here. So put that out there and see what the feedback is.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: And in regard to the Canadian question, because I did see somebody on YouTube earlier that said that that, you know, there's not a lot of content that's related to Canada. The stocks is related to anything crypto and stocks, you can do anything. There's a lot of content with that. But I would say this, let's let's if there's enough Canadians in Eyo University. Let's let's create an infinity group inside of Eyo University for Canadians. Like I'm not sure if there's one that's already exist or not, but I thought it.
Speaker 2: So, you know, we just we just bought the idea. We had a UK one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have one in the UK. Shout out to Scarlett, she's ahead of that. Shout to all the UK earners. We have an infinity group for UK earnest. So I know that obviously, like the laws are different in Canada, attack structures different in Canada, real estate is different in Canada. So let's uh, you know, we're always looking to the situation. So let's figure out how we can add more value to the Canadian earnest. Create an affinity group, get different people that are doing business inside of Canada to actually, you know, come speak and talk about topics that are specific to Canada.
Speaker 4: And then when we come up there there you do it.
Speaker 3: So let's get on that. Let's get on that aside, I'll hit Janet and we can start working on that, you know, this week as far as building building more of a stronger content strategy for the Canadians.
Speaker 2: Uy International, Thanks.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, no, Toronto, Canada. That's like one of my favorite cities in the world.
Speaker 2: So shout out to the Toronto family.
Speaker 3: As soon as they lift this COVID relasions, you know, I'm headed to Caravanners.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shout out to Kitty Caravan and everybody that pulled up to that back in the day.
Speaker 2: Change our lives forever. All I appreciate you. Jay, Yes, thanks all that stuff.
Speaker 3: A good night, all right. So this was a jam pack session, almost two hours of straight information. Miss Business once again hit her up if you need your taxes done, but even you know, outside of that, really create I want to just hammer this part home. She really created the Encyclopedia for Business. That workbook that she gave a view to that was actually amazing, Like it had hyperlinks into actually the IRS website to actually get your EI in number. It's like that is like a college booklet right there. And that's just the workbook that has nothing to do with the fifteen hours of actual content. So for five hundred dollars, like I said, if you are in business, that's an investment that you honestly cannot afford not to make. So the link is pinned. I highly strongly suggest that you know check it out MS Blueprinteyo dot com extremely extremely valuable information there and once again, anybody interested in joining Eyo University. We do this almost every day at this point, where we have classes and community and like I said, we're gonna have physical events. It's like NonStop. It never stops. So e Yo University dot com if you want to join and become an earner, I mean, I don't see why you wouldn't. It's uh the gift that keeps giving. And yeah, anything anything that you want to says MS Business.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys for having me again. I love my earners. I had a client today call me. He was like, so like triple A, I'm an earner, so do I get a discount? I'm like, do not play. But earners are treated very special in my office. I appreciate all of you guys for even showing up for yourself. As Rashad said, this course should be a lot more money. However, the goal right now, as I said, twenty twenty two is the year of the bosses. So for me, it's so important to have more of us doing good business and not having our business fail because we feel that, you know, we're not seeing or we don't have the solution or the resources or the understanding. And so every single person in that workbook has provided resources, has pretty much showed up with the blueprint, like every single topic, every person showed up. And that's what's important to me because it's cool to start an LLC, but it cannot stop thing. We're no longer just starting LLC's. We are starting profitable businesses, sustainable businesses, and we cannot do that without the knowledge. So again, thank you guys so much for having me.
Speaker 3: Janet let me know that the orientation will be on February fifth, fifth, So orientation. So, like I said, how we run university, we kind of took the whole blueprint up like a college, but took the good parts and left the bad parts. So you don't have to go to philosophy class, you don't have to go to you know, how to dissect the turtle. You just get the information that you need. Or like orientation, like Howard College University has orientation. We do that once a month for all the new earners that come in. Because the website has like over one hundred and fifty different like archived classes. All the classes are archive too, So we got that from like a college structure. The infinity groups very similar to like a college like you go, you have like the black student Union, you have all of that, Like that's how we got the infinity group situation. Of course, you know, we got the cap that's like the mascot, and you know, we have a hierarchy being a students. We have professors. Miss Business actually is a professor. So we have season tenured professors that teach on an ongoing basis. We have some professors that come in as one off. Those are like you know, guests that just come in for you know, presentations, and then yeah, we we have a movie club, book club, very similar. The problem with is not the educational It's not necessarily the structure of education that's the problem. It's what they're teaching that's the problem. Because there are a lot of good things in the educational structure, Like you can learn a lot from the educational structure. It's the information that they're teaching and the price that you're paying that's usually the problem. So we, like I said, we took the good parts. We didn't just come up with this overnight. We actually like really studied this. It's like a whole thought process behind Eyo University. So we literally took like the good parts of college and higher learning and adapted it to the new age way of learning online virtual at a fraction of the course, which is like the perfect blend of a new higher education.
Speaker 4: We also added one of our tenured professors, credit Dude, who was doing once a quarter, is now going to be here every month by popular demand. He's dropped so much information and just such a positive dude that he decided to, Look, I love the earners, I love the community.
Speaker 2: I gotta come back more often. So he's gonna be once a month as well.
Speaker 4: So it's I mean, your favorite guests now becoming your professors.
Speaker 2: It's like, what else is happening.
Speaker 3: This is the first time I've actually said this publicly. But maybe we can do a podcast about because it's actually a business structure behind the Eyo University and it's a lot that goes into that, and yeah, maybe we could do a podcast to break that down. But even like different stuff that we have planned, like we have like sports events playing for this this year, like we probably end up doing like a cookout stuff like that, like you need the school spirit. School spirit is extremely important to any university if you really think about it, that's it's a whole psychological play with these universities. So school spirit is something that's extremely important. It's important to have high morale and high school spirit. So this is why we're going to start doing live events. This is why you know we have colors blue and white. Every university has a color scheme to the universities. Homecomings. Homecomings extremely important. Homecomings is extremely important to universities. But the last thing I say about this is that a university is only as good as it's alumni, it's students, student body. If you really think about it, Harvard doesn't really have to market Harvard. Their students and their students' achievements make Harvard Harvard. Whether it's Howard University, whether it's Yale, whether it's Duke, whether it's Columbia. So the same thing with Eyo University. It's up to you guys to really implement this information and then your success is ultimately our success because we're only as good as students. So it's very extremely important that the information acts it get supplied and you guys make money. So it's in our it's actually in our best interest to help you guys make money because as you become successful, now the institution becomes more and more prestigious because we will have the next Jeff Bezos, the next Elon Muss, the next whoever come out of e y L University.
Speaker 4: Don't don't worry, man, you don't got to get the one hundred and twenty credits. Just get the credit score and get the businesses up and running and make that money.
Speaker 2: So and we was very even the logo.
Speaker 3: If you look at the logo, it's very Ivy leaguash with the with the shield and the branch. So you know, the there's a lot of thought process that went into the Eyo University. So yes, just wanted to put that out there. Yes, all right, ten o'clock on eas. The state of time uhlks has been real again. We said it on Monday, but again obviously today is the twenty sixth of January twenty twenty two, and so we remember in Kobe Bryant and all the lives loss and the tragedy that happened two years ago today.
Speaker 2: So rest in peace to him and his family and all the families that were a.
Speaker 4: Part of that tragedy. And that's some birthday. Happy birthday to Kira.
Speaker 2: Shout out to George's daughter just turned nineteen, which was crazy.
Speaker 4: He was there when she was born. And shout out to Saiz my god daughter. Spence was good. She'll be nineteen on the twenty eighth. And today's I need a Baker's birthday. I don't know why to put an album up. I should have had cut like I Needa Bakers. Shout out to y'all be safe, love each other.
Speaker 3: And we we're back tomorrow with Ransom Jim's podcast Don't Stop NonStop content.
Speaker 2: We shot four episodes around the clock, working all day.
Speaker 3: Keep going, keep going. So that is the key to business. You got to keep going, never stop, never, never stop, because as soon as you start, somebody else is working and they're gonna catch you.
Speaker 2: So they ain't gonna work. I'll work us.
Speaker 3: We've been we've been in the studio all day.
Speaker 2: Eleven o'clock. We've been saying this is eleven night.
Speaker 3: We like recording artists. We don't leave the studio. We just stay in the studio and just record content. Very similar to a musical artists. So work work, work, work, work. Nothing beats work, Nothing beats work. Mamba mentality, rest in peace to Kobe.
Speaker 2: That's what will end on Mama mentality. Miss business. Love is love, right, good night, guys. Alight, y'all, y'all be.
Speaker 1: Good, All right, You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com, slash po d kat z thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod kat z thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need