Speaker 1: How does it feel to know that you could take any guy's wife in the world, Like, what is that feeling like, Jess, I don't think about it like that. You have to.
Speaker 2: I mean, what if y'artist is Joe Crack the Dawn?
Speaker 1: Know what it is?
Speaker 3: Your boy, Jada? This is the Joe and Jadas show, every show legendary, every show iconic, and he's still on course, big just in the game, biggest in the game. Ladies and gentleman. Makes some noise for our guests today. Great actor, excellent actor, excellent Broadway player, excellent activist, excellent human being, just a great person. Jesse Williams makes some doll what out.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me listen.
Speaker 1: We got women. I don't know if you know. I said it's in the Rock Nation Building, but we have women from every different floor. I'm looking at all of y'all, so they don't really work on this floor, and they're all here independence today my style.
Speaker 4: You got anyone that so you don't necessary that the busy Connor us in the seventh floor, she's up.
Speaker 2: They all escaped, was like, yes, they getting in here. I see people that know.
Speaker 3: Every one that sit in on the episode today and mysteriously is extra female headed?
Speaker 1: Did it? How does it feel to know that you could take any guy's wife in the world, Like what is that feeling?
Speaker 5: Like, Jess, I don't think about it like that. I mean, you know, knowing is enough. Sometimes they don't mean you got to do it, no doubt, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: See, I never knew that, Like I know, I'm not ugly, but I never knew like I never knew enough, Like you know what I'm saying, Like, like you know I had to chase my wife for week. Yeah you know, I mean you just wanted them like yo, I got.
Speaker 2: You just go like this. I took the mom brothers.
Speaker 3: Growing up in Chicago, yes, I was that.
Speaker 2: She was rough. I mean that was the eighties crack era of Chicago.
Speaker 5: I mean I left in junior high because she was It was wild and my mom wanted to me to survive it. But but it was real. I mean, I'm so grateful for it I had. I had an incredible childhood. It was just it was eighties.
Speaker 2: You moved.
Speaker 5: I moved from Chicago to Massachusetts. I moved, I became a neighbor real. That was my parents got divorced. My mom we moved to a different art school and I got a whole lot of family.
Speaker 2: In New England. I think she just wanted to be closer to the family because we were kind of isolated.
Speaker 5: Are you like Kate Verdians. Uh No, there's Matt Kate Verdians, Kate very everybody thought I was Ky Verdian. I mean everywhere think I'm them, Puerto Rican thinking Puerto Rican, Brazilians think I'm Brazilian. You know what I mean, Like you're bled in everywhere person of me. I'm not seeinging Spanish.
Speaker 1: A fucking uh jabaja on and going Dubai and be a Dubai guy.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, I that's next. That might be the next. Everything the uh you.
Speaker 5: Went to Temple to you went to Temple University. Yeah, Temple was dope. That was a good That was a good time too, because it was I was. I was a Temple right when like the roots were taking off. Erica Jazzy Fat Nasti's common black star. Everybody was there, everybody was I was there for all that Solfuarians D'Angelo like, there was just like this Renaissance free shows everywhere every night. Jazzy Fat Nasti's five spot. Like you notice that you would just see real music, ill hip hop all the time. Uh, you know, shout out to like you know the electric Yeah, studies, Jill Scott fell love of it, just Scott there like, and we had our basketball team was nice too. That's when we had like Pepe Santas, Quincy Wadley. We played lamar odom a u r I. We played them like we made like the Elite eight live on TV. Coach It's our motto is tu motherfuckers. So that didn't really work well for ESPN. It was like Live on ESPN. They never came back. But we had Coach Chaney, no doubt. We had Coach Chaney. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was a good years. And I taught high school in Philly for a few years. Uh what was like? That was dope.
Speaker 5: That was another the best job I ever had, you know. I taught high school in the hood.
Speaker 1: Explain that to us just for the love of the kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for the love of the kids.
Speaker 5: For how importy it was, like, Yo, there were some bad ass kids there too, but.
Speaker 1: It was detected in the fucking from first to sixth grade.
Speaker 2: We had that too.
Speaker 5: I had I had two kids with a loaded gun in my class. Like, that's a high school. I looked like I was in high school. I was in my early twenties. They had guns.
Speaker 2: We had a daycare center. They had baby He's like, you know.
Speaker 1: Kids in the school had babies.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we had a daycare center. Like it was a lot of girls were pregnant. It was real. Ship is where we came from. So it was like we were I was that bad ass kid like it was. I've been definitely had my life turned in the right direction by great teachers before.
Speaker 2: And I was trying to do that. Like it was.
Speaker 5: It was beautiful work. It was important. I had really great students. I taught, like you know, I turned every class. I was a sub, long term sub at first, and I would have turned everything into African history find and it was.
Speaker 2: It was beautiful. It's just changed.
Speaker 6: But it's such a lack of that right because right now I just saw, uh, they have a museum right now when they're trying to like erase African American history. Yeah, basically making kids got the gun that killed Emmit Till. The person who found it is also the guy who wrote the book about Emmett Till and he says, there is no mention of Emmett Till in no history book in the whole school system throughout the Civil.
Speaker 1: Rights era or nothing like that. So it's it's so important to teach African American history to the youth because we don't know, Like you know, I argue with these foundations, Like you know, sometimes I'm in the car and and somebody says something, do you know the traffic stop was yeah, the traffic yeah, person, yeah, do you know the plasma was charls None of this if they know that what we created, like the whole hustle of this society and white supremacy, the con doesn't work if you actually understand the role the contributions that black votes that work, and this ship don't start with slavery. If you learn where Greece actually study, where Rome actually studied, where they what they learned in Africa, where institutions and mathematics and all these things came from. It's not just like to feel good, it's the actual history is the foundational of all this ship empires, rise and fall, you know what I mean, Like we're in one that's going to fall and hope and while I'm here yeah, but my kids, I'm being able to by to fall, being able to well the empire falls, yep. Like so you know how we feel like this is America and can nobody come blow us up? We safe this That's bullshit. It happened at every empire in the past, you know. And what's crazy is I just came back on a flight from Dubai with a couple that went to Egypt.
Speaker 2: It's one place I've never been to that I always want to go to.
Speaker 1: And I was talking to them and they were like, yo, you know King Tut, Like I find this confusing.
Speaker 2: They was like, King Tut is still in the tomb right there.
Speaker 1: You could see them, And I'm like, how could you see King cut didn't he died like ten thousand years ago, don't like disintegrated and all that. But the main thing about it was they were explaining that the pyramids were made so that if there's an earthquake that sways with the earthquake, you can't blow them buildings. Them buildings won't fall. And I've seen they had ac you know how it is the fucking Egypt, them, the Pharaohs, and on that a c they figured out how to make a c all these years ago with the water system and all that. These guys were brilliant. I'm not lying Google. Oh my god, he threw a flag on the plane our house.
Speaker 3: Still I ain't see it don't work sometimes, I yeah, ac always.
Speaker 5: And they had a air shafts. I'm talking keeping a shaded. You could say, keeping a shade. How many things are temples connected to start the constellation?
Speaker 1: Laying it the right way?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you made a seat like they got, situated like we got. They just plunged that shit in jaw one hundred and forty degrees outside. There's a way for you to make it cool. I got that adapter th guys.
Speaker 1: Was the point is there's been extra extraordinary intelligence with with Africans, African Americans. Did they don't teach them so because teaching Philly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you're teaching the kids that absolutely every chance, every every chance you get. I mean, I'm teaching them showing them, you know, figures in African history, including chem it black as they are with corn roads that are the leading irrigators, astronomers, architects, city planners, physicians, surgeons, all these things. Well before you came out of the dark ages and you just watch your students just like I did when my dad was teaching this to me. Posture change, lifting up, like asking questions, now involved like it includes me. It's the only element of school that includes you. And it's telling you that you've already been here, you already had. You didn't come from the Mud, you ain't come from slavery. Edit at the beginning and nothing. That's the end of something. And UH are confidence And it's not just for us. You think, you know if white kids and everybody else also had to learn that we invented. You can't walk through the this country without touching ten things at an African invented, invent that affects you.
Speaker 1: Why don't we mention something that come to mind just so for the kids? Just watch them right now.
Speaker 2: Elevator, refrigeration, early cell phone technology. Would you say you said, traffic flighter, a big light, Lewis Latimer and the light bulb the actual work with Edison when live light all of London.
Speaker 5: You don't know that, right, Joe slider Man FRS.
Speaker 1: You did a life for medicine. Truth done Edison. What I'm saying to you is, and I was thinking the other day, I said man. You know, Tupac to Biggie were young kids, right and.
Speaker 2: Twenty six and whatever twenty five, Yeah, but whatever came to their mind.
Speaker 1: Like Tupac was talking about real shit that happens right now, and Big too and so back in that day, right, because I was trying to think, like, other than his family being black panthers and stuff like that, I was like trying to think of him and Biggie.
Speaker 2: They was talking about issues that was happening at the time.
Speaker 1: And then I thought about it, said, well, you know that we was coming right off of Karis One Public Enemy, Queen Latifah War's all that conscious movement. So they were more like the lyricists, but they were including consciousness in the music. I see a lack of that, unless I don't know with the youth today, like I see a lack of that. You know, at least we caught that in our era, you know, talking about like he made a song like why, but why it comes from you know, from people in front of them, and so it's very important that we teach our history.
Speaker 5: No, why do you think through why do you think that? Do you think we can get that level of musicality back? That level of songwriting where it's about just love and real ship in our community.
Speaker 2: From that that entire era.
Speaker 8: I would say, we have to go the way you went about teaching your class, Like when when we're amongst each other, you make it sound interesting, interesting and they want to learn.
Speaker 3: Then the posture change, then the music would change.
Speaker 5: Right, So leading by example, maybe a couple O g's need to do something just to see that it is cool that there is I.
Speaker 1: Also believe that's in our culture.
Speaker 2: That's how you start to yeah, spread some of you got lean.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What I believe is cool is I don't want to You can't be about money, okay, because the world the way hip hop is fucked up?
Speaker 2: Is it just it.
Speaker 1: Went from an art form that was created by poor people in the Bronx don't know. Hey, I'm from the box. Maybe we invented this ship. We want to have these couches in this motherfucker without the Bronx. But wasn't for the Bronx to scrap ship? Don't do that. But what you know, I trying to pluck it every time. But the truth is it came from an art form where these people, unfortunately, our pioneers who started this they never got their money, or they just do because they did it out of love. And if they would do it ten times again, a hundred times again, they would go in the party for free again. And so this conscious movement of this time right now can't be currency based because now people is all thinking about let me get one hit and I'm gonna make my money. It's a bag as a lick. They're not preserving the culture. They're not so much about teaching the youth for whatever. So it got to be a group of people. A group of people, a collective decisions money and you can make money.
Speaker 2: You don't want to make it.
Speaker 5: You make money, but us it makes good money.
Speaker 1: Job to fund that it might be our job or find it at y'all, we're gonna donate. We make a lot of money, let's donate some money towards those guys are trying to give the positive message and ain't making no money.
Speaker 2: It's not even about the money.
Speaker 3: Like you said, you have to show them firsthand that is cool and then in it, well I think what about it?
Speaker 5: Also we have to remember make it on anti blackness has got to be uncool. It's like there's how many niggas you can destroy us just killing each other and inviscerating each other. And I think it was a young brilliant brother, you know, Vince Staples. He said in an interview. It was good to hear from a young a young artist's mouth. Like the MCS used to rap about having a sling crack, right, having to be alchemists and create something out of nothing, having having a pushdough.
Speaker 2: And now it's the drug users.
Speaker 5: Now it's the drug addicts making making music about being addicted to drugs and using drugs. And that's a that's a shift because we're all listening, we're absorbing it. Those high school kids are wrapping it. We memorize. You can't memorize your time stables or the history, but you might.
Speaker 2: But you know that.
Speaker 1: But you know, to Soli, they had a kid out of Philly, brilliant only wrapped about positive beautiful brother gave him two blocks in Philly and three blocks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know, but that would that that right there touched me because uh, this kid he was he was doing that one of the you doing the conscious movement han't enough though, it wasn't enough behind it, It wasn't.
Speaker 2: And he was the he was alone.
Speaker 3: He was the he was the under you know, it's more of the negativity than him.
Speaker 2: He was the outcast men in it. Know what is your boy?
Speaker 1: Kids? Joe crack check get out.
Speaker 2: We got a Patreon. You can get exclusive clips, you can.
Speaker 3: Get early access to the episodes, a lot of surprises.
Speaker 2: Oh it is subscribed party. You know that right now.
Speaker 3: Because it's free, you're giving you the first one of preer that that is going to be a little difficult over there right now, Joe and Javien Patreon.
Speaker 2: Let's get wild wild West.
Speaker 3: You your first breakthrough came through New York Actors Showcase.
Speaker 2: What was that addition that was? You know, I had just started again. I didn't start. I was teaching up and I didn't start.
Speaker 5: Really acting till I was in my late twenties and I got this.
Speaker 2: Uh. I was working at a law I was working at law firms in New York.
Speaker 5: And I hit up an old agent, an old commercial agency, if you could put me on just to try to really act. And I got a small agency and they sent me to this. ABC did a like a diversity showcase. They make a little spot where they'll let non white actors get to get a shot. So we do a little, We do a little, you know, like a littleis your little area. You get to do your thing, and you get to do a scene from a play and managers and agents will come and watch. And I've made a lot of lifelong friends from that showcase. There was like twelve of us, wow black actors, black and brown actors that came up. And and then ABC would bring you to auditions like just just fuck up auditions. I was just doing horrible and auditions. It pulled me aside, like Yo, what are you doing? Why are you looking over there?
Speaker 2: Do that?
Speaker 5: Cause I didn't go to acting school and never took an acting class, and everyone wanted to be an actor, like I didn't have any training. So they were a beautiful place that I could kind of just you know, like help me make my mistakes there and gave me.
Speaker 2: Shots and shots and shots.
Speaker 5: And then eventually years later I got a show on ABC from l a different office, but still like that was I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: They really gave me a big I mean, New York gave me. That was where I I you know, you know, yeah cut my teeth, yeah.
Speaker 3: They say, you know, you say you did some rolls as thugs and criminals to pay rent.
Speaker 2: Well, it was.
Speaker 5: It was funny because my first my first like seven auditions were like robbing white people in like New York shows And it was me as.
Speaker 2: I watched my brothers my heart. So I actually work every year.
Speaker 5: Far less options than obviously I get all the privileges you could possibly get as a black person, Like do I love the way they prioritize the way I look, which got nothing to do with me. And I was still like corn rows, like robbing some white person on a train, like it's posted up outside the spot like and it was like, damn y'all, like this is the only way in my life.
Speaker 2: I begged them to be a school bus driver or something.
Speaker 1: They always make me a gang leader, fucking mafia, a robber, Like I've never been a nice guy in the world.
Speaker 5: I wonder if you're the only person drank conductor, you're a train conductor and something.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I was looking at this ship. I think it was the Cardi b episode. You know, sometimes he's you know, he's a real clever and witty guy. Sometimes it takes me to look at the video. They can't figure out the ship he's doing right. But you said, Okay, this guy's a funny dude. He said that they put you on a TV. They made you wrestling modes.
Speaker 2: Shit, made me wrestling in the mud. What is Queen Clean episode? Queen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Queen show that no remember the show Queen Ease and Brandy Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. They had a muscle fighting, the gun fell, the wrestling the mud. It was freezing and raining.
Speaker 2: Oh so you been really scrapping and ended up in You weren't like in a ring with like geens that outside of the mud.
Speaker 1: So what's brought me? That's a good question, broke me. What won't you do acting? Because it's acting? But what w't you do? What role would you be? Like?
Speaker 5: Yo, I'm not I ass on rolls all the time. I mean, but it's not you won't you gotta be fortunate?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 5: You know, my job is also my job is to not be me, and my job is embodied in somebody else's life. So I'm open to, you know, doing scary ship that I wouldn't otherwise do, but it's definitely like you know that I'm not doing it. There's detrimental to my people. You know what I mean, like that was that's the ship I don't do. Many times I've had to tell agents and producers like that just racist. Not only might doing not doing it, but take it out. By the way, he's over here telling me nothing.
Speaker 3: You know, pleasey gentlemen at home watching this, He telling me, let the man talk. I'm trying to conduct the real interview only yo.
Speaker 1: Talk. Why you got something in mind? You because I love this. I want to say, it's eating hawk right.
Speaker 2: It's a great actor.
Speaker 1: But I loved him well. He played a predator, a child predator one time, and I never liked him again.
Speaker 5: I see what you need, I see what it bothered me. But that means he did a great job. That's just so there is there is sometimes playing like dirty motherfuckers. They planning some people, especially as like a parent, like something that looks like real evil.
Speaker 2: But dude, like that.
Speaker 1: Guy who played all with tin Attorney's smacking a how could you ever like him?
Speaker 2: If you get mad at him? That meaning that means there was effective.
Speaker 5: And also by portraying that person, you're bringing light to what it looked like so that you can have more like attentiveness to that character in your life, like it actually could be like a warning.
Speaker 2: You know, who's the guy?
Speaker 1: Who's the guy played in Training Day? We we that was been ak with them? He fucked me off, did a movie. Yeah, credit up. I never liked him, but get yeah to this day when I see him, he pops up. I'm like, yo, I don't know, Like I don't fuck with this guy, but you giving me a good perspective.
Speaker 2: You saying he actually nailed the part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did an amazing such an amazing job that it made it real for you.
Speaker 2: And it's like, it's like who we just lost?
Speaker 9: Who would have knew that you got acting credit with the Ris for the whole Frank Lucas right then when they went to the screen, and he's like, you didn't speak to me for months, told the nigga he was police.
Speaker 2: I was Frank Lucas. I couldn't. Yeah, so he's staying character to the whole movies over there.
Speaker 1: Let me ask this one question, right, because I actually did some research with you, right, don't do that, but no, no, I just want to go I want to make sure the man. But in researching you, I researched, Yes, some other fucking African American history. Okay, this woman Shonda Rhyan yeahell me about Shonda Rhyans. She's I mean she got Great's anatomy, Yeah, scandal, she created a huge shows, she's still creating a huge shows.
Speaker 2: She's she's no, no in order because I just want to keep it lnologically, he was the.
Speaker 3: Ship are we doing this small graphically sing an ready this morning?
Speaker 1: Oh yo?
Speaker 2: This guy said rose after it.
Speaker 1: You know they allowed him to message I want to miss say about the woman in landy great.
Speaker 2: Didn't he can tell us about YEP. I landed as soon as I came to this came.
Speaker 5: I moved from Brooklyn to l a and and got that got that gig that's supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Like two episodes. I ended up doing ten years on that show. Wow.
Speaker 5: And to have such an intelligent person as a as the creator, as somebody you can look up to and talk to.
Speaker 2: And she looked out for me too.
Speaker 5: You know when I gave that bet speech, everybody was trying to take my job, sign petitions and all this, all this bullshit crying.
Speaker 2: I was in my life, threatened my kids like I'd have I'd have.
Speaker 5: Twenty four hour like armed guards and shit, they were threatening to kill me and all this stuff, and they were trying to get her to fire me.
Speaker 2: She was she like posted like hell no, that's not happening.
Speaker 5: Like having a black boss is very valuable in moments like that, but more importantly, like yeah, a wise, smart person with some vision, but she's incredible and she created a show that's incredible.
Speaker 2: Is still on twenty some years.
Speaker 5: But I think like thirty thirty nine percent of women in medical school credit raised Anatomy with inspiring them to message got.
Speaker 1: To be in the textbook now in high school.
Speaker 5: And speaking of which people put in black people were in high ranking in roles without it being about race, like just putting babies eyes the Washington Jim Pickens, you know the character Bailey Schandra Wilson that had like been powerful positions, highly intelligent, cerebral people that it's not about them neck drive in demonstrating some bullshit, like because we always stereotype.
Speaker 2: Version of black show. Comedy show is huge for that.
Speaker 1: The error was great that that error on TV. But then you came in a little more serious error. Yeah that was a drama and that was a comedy. Yeah, you need them both. I mean we need everything.
Speaker 2: That's the same. We need them, We need everything. I mean, there's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 5: I remember remember pressure back in the upn days WB those networks it was just comedies, comedies, comedies, comedies, and they got a lot of shit for Coonan and all that, and it was like, but that was the only place black people who work. Yeah, and they're comedians, that's what they're don't work. But when you only when you have white folks got one hundred and seventy channels, so they can do everything and they can shoot up a school or bomb something. It doesn't affect their day in terms of but we like, you know, one little channel, it can it can stereotype your whole people.
Speaker 2: So it's a different level of pressure.
Speaker 1: You know. Can I ask me?
Speaker 2: They asked more questions in the row.
Speaker 1: Come on, he became the library in the day keeping it in or you gotta skip, skip, get the funk out of here with all the questions you got to do. You don't show up to.
Speaker 2: Be a guy. Don't shoot you up. I'm ready.
Speaker 1: These flags were created for me because every time I go crazy, they throw a flag at me. They're like, yo, come back to earth.
Speaker 2: What you got.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just forgot what I was about to fuck this sacon you want do you want to take my smart board?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: My thing is I was there when you gave the speech a BT you were, Yes, I was in the audience and pause you blew my mind and I was just like I didn't know you.
Speaker 2: No. Funny people still say pauls that's.
Speaker 1: Therefore these guys they're the pause police, so they if I step on ship like you know, I mean, there's some episodes like paus pause, pausaw put this guy hides under the table because, like you know, I'll say some ship right like I'm a fuck up. But listen you out there, you're giving this speech. I just realized, because you know, we're not in your life. You got to live your life every day. He lives his life. I live my life. But I realize, in the level of acting you're in, it's not like you're making TV flicks for b E T like you're with white people all day grades in the academy. So for you to come on the front line and make this beautiful speech activism, that that takes even more courage for you.
Speaker 5: Because I'm not siloed away from the power that you you.
Speaker 1: Act, actually stood up for your people, and then you went back to work on Monday.
Speaker 5: By then people in my life knew what it was, you know what I mean, Like, that's how I was at that At that time, I was on the news a lot. I was in Ferguson, I was in Florida. We were losing a lot of a lot of young brothers and sisters, like at the hands of the police. So I was on the news a lot popping that ship. So like it wasn't a total surprise for people who knew me the larger world, who maybe only saw me play a character, that was what kind of shook shook them up. But that's all the more reason why I care so much is because you know, I'm in many ways being biracial, and I'm the invisible man I see, I know, and you know what else it is. It's like being around white society and the way it works, and I have been a pivotal points in my life. It's a real civil thing. I'm not scared of white people, and so many of us are terrified of white folks at the real core of it, because it's it's a scary, powerful hammer that can flatten you and make you disappear in two seconds and then blame you.
Speaker 2: We see it happen all day, every day.
Speaker 1: I got some friends that are white. I got some friends that are Jewish that I love to death. I got friends that are Muslims I love to death. I'm all about the principal. I'm all about if you're good for me and I love you. I love you no matter what color, no matter what. I'm not gonna stand there and tell you I'm scared of some guy because he's white, or he's this, he's that. That's not me. Like, I'm not running for that. I don't care. I'll go back and for chicken wings and French fries. I don't give a fuck. It's sad to feel that way, but that's who I am. I don't give a fuck like me. You can't scan me with position, you can't scam me with money, you can't scan me with none of that shit. Like me. I'm just like yo, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: I grew up so fucking poor. I'm not scared of being poor.
Speaker 2: Guy. You already been there. I know people don't understand that. We already been saying you are half white, you grew up half white.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be poor. Right now, I'm gonna actually say this. The first time you threw that flag and you all right too, I told that, just telling everybody, I was like, Yo, we're so fucking blessed man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, it didn't really pissed them off of that. Yourich. You're saying that I don't want to be poor now, I know that.
Speaker 2: I just say, the last person in the world that wants to be. But it's not a mystery. You've been there. You know what it's like, so it can't scare you. It doesn't.
Speaker 5: It doesn't threaten you in that way as some like some terrorisome monster that you haven't actually seen before. I feel you, I feel you, but I take I take your point.
Speaker 2: You know what I was saying.
Speaker 5: It was like there's a large there's a fear, because you were talking about a fear and like a bravery. And I said I didn't think about it that way because I was so familiar already and made myself clear.
Speaker 2: I started acting. I was a grown ass man.
Speaker 5: I had a many jobs from here, from Chicago, from Philly, everywhere else. I just happened to have a mic. Now, So I didn't. I just didn't change who I was because you put a camera on me. It was I wasn't running from nothing or changing anything. And I think that just surprise folks. And it's also just how I grew up. I grew up in this acting came later. So I think that was just an unorthodox way and wish to make your way onto you.
Speaker 2: Surely love your.
Speaker 1: Family tree or however we tracked you from LA to Massachusetts Philly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you was journey with you.
Speaker 1: Was you was in that ship?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, picked up a lot very lucky, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Today's show is brought to you by a new presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet.
Speaker 8: Rock.
Speaker 2: Open up the hard Rock Sportsbook app.
Speaker 3: You'll see wise top rated thousands of five star reviews. If you've ever been to a hard rock hotel casino, you know that they.
Speaker 2: Treat you right.
Speaker 3: Do yourself with favor and check out the hard Rock Bet app for a world class betting experience. But if you haven't tried your first bet or hard rock bet, then there's still time for you to get a one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. If you win this place a five dollar bet and if it hits you again, not only your winnings, but one hundred and fifty extra bonus bets a lot. If you want to see what other people will betting on from now through this weekend, the hard rock Bet app shows you trending, paul lays, the most bet player props, top pick upsets, and more. Just download the app and all this info is a tap away. Hard rock Bet has new promos every day this week. There's profit boost for five straight days of football this Thursday Night profit boosts, a Friday College profit boosts, another profit boost for Saturday's college games, plus NFL profit boosts for Sunday's games, and Monday Night every Thursday. On hard rock Bet, you also get legendary reward drops drops full of rewards like bonus bets, Paulay, insurance, and more. Open up your dropping time for this week is games and see what you get. Hard Rock Bet is the only legal sports book in the state of Florida and also available in Arizona, Ohio, Jersey, Montana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, Colorado, and.
Speaker 1: More more states. Is gonna pick it up real soon. Hard Rock the biggest growing bet place. Go there right now.
Speaker 3: Make your first deposit today, payable and bonus bets now in cash. Offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida and Florida offered by the Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC and all other states. Must be twenty one and over and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida called one eight eight admitted in Indiana if someone you know has a gambling problem and once held called one eight hundred and nine, with it gambling problem called one eight hundred games. That's in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia.
Speaker 2: Like a lot of times, we go through hard or we're gonna do it toast.
Speaker 3: Let's tell us we gotta do a toast to what he could take anybody's new show man.
Speaker 2: Show. We got the new show. He's gonna tell us dangerous. This guy's a fucking trot. You want me talking about taking people's wives? Were over here? Promoting the new show Man This.
Speaker 1: Girls over here, I'm not seen before out here. Man, the fuck are you talking about? Miss over there? Look, she ain't never been out here.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: They don't even work here.
Speaker 1: They don't even work here. They snucking fucking the glasses you wanted to We got the frosted glasses.
Speaker 2: You want to actually say what they said? Guys eat look at the glassows, Danny crack, Danny, you're we did many and toast.
Speaker 1: They didn't have any game. You don't the way they.
Speaker 5: Gave the jim glasses to jail the past only the best just said, just said, he don't want to be broken no more, so we gotta act like it.
Speaker 1: No, I definitely don't want to be broke.
Speaker 3: We on need do a spin a sus spade toast for major events and major things. So you know what I mean, We're gonna pull him first and then we're gonna let y'all know what's going on while we're doing this.
Speaker 2: So there you go. Let's no teamwork, make the dream work work, water and final, make the steam work.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, He's I forgot, he's a rapper, top five dead or a lot.
Speaker 2: Yo toasted and Jada.
Speaker 1: Joe and Jada, and also to your new shows.
Speaker 2: Hotel There we got, Yeah, there we go. Yeah, Hey that's Italian.
Speaker 5: We got that Jennys Italian Siana. We might need we might need to Season two, Season two, Baby Cheers tell us about this hole sel Coast together very well, so tell look at you know, speaking all this, all this shit were talking about a lot of my life is real serious, got so stressed, a lot of things going on.
Speaker 2: I wanted to make something light. I wanted to get out the country. It's a big world out there.
Speaker 5: We get trapped in his bubble thinking it needs to be this is the big There's a big, big, beautiful world out there. I wanted to go make something somewhere else and make something light and easy. So much of my shit is you know, dead serious, focus, urgent, important, and that's valuable. But I wanted to make something that just kind of like grown up as a kid, that like action movies, right, run around kicking some ass, beautiful places, eighties nineties shows.
Speaker 2: So it is about this guy.
Speaker 5: Daniel DeLuca is a former marine Italian born Italian, but grew up in the US. Black white Italian American, a street, a hood, kid in Naples as a kid. But then now he's in the military twenty years and he got kicked out, and now he's just trying.
Speaker 2: To like figure out what to do with his life.
Speaker 5: Don't have no family, don't have nothing, goes back to where he was born and just kind of like as they say, like licking his wounds, just trying to figure out what to do next. Takes a job at a luxury hotel, just handling business, fixing ships for people, rich people, make sure people are good. And then the hotel owner's daughter was missing, so he's hired the finder. So he's like solving cases and this beautiful Mulfi coast and he speaks Italian. I speak Italian in the show. I'm the only American in the show. We got Italian, Spanish, English, French, Libyan, like, you know, a whole cast of characters. And he's just honest adventure trying to save the missing girl but also solve cases for guests.
Speaker 2: And it's just easy.
Speaker 5: Beautiful whipping speed boats, motorcyclesais you know what I mean, just like you the whipping.
Speaker 3: Change, bonding with the twist, port with diver. Yeah, fired.
Speaker 2: The last job.
Speaker 1: I don't know about him. But I'll say the truth. I'll say my I don't know about him, huh, but I have taken uh the fact that we travel for granted or because I don't like flying, and we got to talk about that right now, about going to Mongolia. So I don't like flying my biggest fee on Earth. I just told you I ain't scared of no pay, fucking terrified. The minute that shit.
Speaker 2: Goes like this, I'm like hugging the next person praying.
Speaker 1: No one gives more prayers than me on the plane and the body I am t d Jakeson.
Speaker 2: So you take a sleeping pill and just pass out.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't because I'm it, okay, So I just just shucked it out. God, thank you for facing my fear.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: Look at this little baby. Please, God, if you're if you know, I'm Jesus Christ. But let's obey the Jewish guy praying over there, like I want for everybody to get there. Right. My thing is I'm preaching. I'm Joe losting on them sofa. But my point is I went to jail for four months, right, and I complained about going to euro Up. I complained about going on these places. But when I would sit up in my bunk and look out the little window, I would just think about how beautiful the streets was in Italy or the streets in Germany. And one of the only things I really missed was being abroad in these places that I used to be like, fuck shit, I hate it. They smoke too many cigarettes. I used to have nothing but complaints. But in that four months, I just would think about just walking down the street in Italy or room or something and be like, damn, that ship was so fly, and so you get to do a TV show over there pretty quick. And the fruit was amazing.
Speaker 2: Food was amazing.
Speaker 5: Food was not only amazing, but like I was even posta and bread and all I show all day lost thirteen pounds. Yeah, because it's real, the wigs, because the real food really is.
Speaker 2: All I ain't hit is it humped to it? All this and the ridge, and.
Speaker 5: So many of them said that when when they come to America, they get they get sick, they get fat, even if they're on to Well, when we go there, you eat like crazy and you and you're fine.
Speaker 1: It suggests I walk glasses on purpose because I didn't want you to feel bad about being the only person with green eyes too.
Speaker 2: Yes, I got it.
Speaker 1: Show were show we green eyes?
Speaker 2: Come yo, this yo, this ship coming from more Yo.
Speaker 1: What what shameless fog?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 1: I got the green got my Sunday like Yo, damn Dad, Why you ain't give me the green eyes?
Speaker 2: Let's say yo, I it wasn't my choice.
Speaker 1: My point.
Speaker 2: We got to go back to the today. I just came back from Mongo. Yeah, talk about and Mongol? Why were you and Mongol beautiful people?
Speaker 1: I had a concert of hip hop.
Speaker 2: These people were incredible people.
Speaker 1: Anybody who could have the distance on the plane, it's worth it.
Speaker 2: Go to mon.
Speaker 1: Beautiful beautiful people, shout Mongolian people. They love hip hop. They love you guys. They asked about you the shure. You know, everybody thinks I got this guy in the hire. Yeah, Joe and Jay, they think I bring the guy in my back back business. You might higher fact, Joe, they think I got him in the back send me. But the point is I have one friend that I think of. He's dumb right, No, no, no, no, he's one of my best friends. No no, no, no, no you joke. Come on, I didn't know where you're No, no, no, no, you don't what harried about the most lowyal, most best guy in the world. But he's not that bright, got it? And then sometimes I'm jealous of him because ignorance. Sometimes when you dumb, you don't even know the danger. Now I fly to Mongolia, where you gotta go. I went because I like breaking up the trips. So I go to Dubai chill one day.
Speaker 2: You like to get as many flights in as possible because you love flying.
Speaker 1: Break that ship that eighteen hours I ain't doing. So I go to Dupai thirteen hours, five hours to Turkey, where everybody got their hair shit going on everybody in the who listen, Turkey got the best airport in the world. But it's so weird when you at the food court and every guy got like a line, then blood coming. Everybody's going over there to fix their hair. That's a spot, yes, but it's like so normal. I guess it's like going to Columbia.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 1: You know every girl's in the airport.
Speaker 2: Beat me out.
Speaker 1: Now, like Turkey, all the guys are going to get their hair done over there. So you eating fucking Popey's and the guys in front of you got the fucking everybody walking through. I'm like, Yo, this shit is great.
Speaker 2: But you didn't think about it while you were there.
Speaker 1: If I had the air right now, first of all, my name wouldn't be fat Joe. My name would be adultful and myvy like shit shit the part right here with the if I I could grow air, it be so sex fact. Now I ain't going to do for the fact, Joe, don't you don't even look right. But the point is I go to Dubai. The bag was legend, so not a bag was legend. Guys were going shopping. Later, the wife is ready to go shopping. She's tuned and she's staring at the window. He's coming. He got the bag right. It ain't no lie, I forgot. My brothers just told me. Yeah, they hate They say I blow too much money. But listen, I go Emirates, my favorite airline. Right then I got Turkey Airlines. So Turkey Airlines one of the best of that food was amazing. So I'm comfortable no matter where I'm going. I'm going Mongolie, I could go to some Mali, but wherever I go, if I'm in the credible airlines, it at least helps.
Speaker 2: After back absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: We do Mongolia. They feed us. By the way, Mongolian beef is a myth. They don't have that over there. The Mongolian beef. We eating the Chinese place here we went on. It's not even my goal.
Speaker 2: It's like general pizza being fake.
Speaker 1: You get the Italy that realized they don't got pizza. We landed. Everybody had the same idea, Yo, we want Mongolian beef. They was like, yo, that ship ain't that.
Speaker 2: It don't happen.
Speaker 1: You want a Ribi, you want a New York No Mongolian chief when you go to the ghetto Chinese worldwide, there's no such thing as Mongolian beef. That's what I learned. Number two is so we go, we do the show. These people treat me like a million dollars. I don't know how they tell you. Mongolian people some of the nicest people in the world. The next morning we go to the airport. We got to greet up. We in the lounge, and then I realized, I'm like, and they're like, yo, Joe was wrong, and my face is off. You could you could read me when I'm saying, They're like, I realized we're flying back to do buying Mongolian airlines.
Speaker 2: What you had never heard of.
Speaker 1: And if you're watching that side of the world, it's the Asian planes that keep speaking in the middle and missing ship. That's why I tell.
Speaker 2: You, bliss where the racial profiling comes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, plane racing, it's the amazing planes going down out there, like the biggest ships they go there.
Speaker 8: I don't know what it.
Speaker 2: Is, but at that point I'm like, damn, they fucked me. Man. I thought I was going back Turkish year. You know what I mean. I'm in the Asian ship. I said, Yo.
Speaker 1: Everybody's like, yo, what's wrong. I'm just like nah, Nah, y'all don't want to know what's wrong. They're like, yo, but what's wrong?
Speaker 2: I said?
Speaker 1: You know these the ships that go down, the ships, right, But listen, I'm just saying to us. So I get on the plate. Thank God, great food, smooth flight. But I was terrible. That's would like to be English. Niggah ignorance is bliss because I know nobody say niggers is blessingsus.
Speaker 10: Bliz throw that out if you Yeah, cigarettes, Yeah, but that single that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fucking crazy. But the point is, oh we made it back. Yeah, but you know it's my biggest fear man. But you know, uh, shout out to Mongolia, Mints, phenomenal Broke. I'm telling you it's.
Speaker 2: Thirty degrees that plane was going down, but we made it.
Speaker 1: You know, it's the coldest. It's the coldest place in it's in between Russia.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, China.
Speaker 1: So when you see the Asians that got the fur hats, so that shade, that's their.
Speaker 2: Winters fifty degrees under. Yeah, so you know, yeah, I'm sorry about we listened. We short on time. Listen, brother, what.
Speaker 3: Advice would you give a young biracial American trying to find a place in that voice?
Speaker 2: Depends on what voice you want to find. Spend time with black folks, no doubt, ladies, entity you know, just you can't go wrong. Just get get get with your people.
Speaker 1: I've seen this and I don't want to talk like that. These are my friends and I love them to death. And I'm not talking about nobody, but when when the black lives matter. I got a niece, I'll call her niece, and she's half black, half white, and I've seen her going through like understanding where she comes from. And they had a hard time, Like you know what I mean, this girl's beyond love, but she was trying to find herself.
Speaker 2: In where where she fits.
Speaker 1: And this is a beautiful girl, she's smart, college now everything, but I've seen her go through it like questioning and like I think.
Speaker 5: People fall for like the false dichotomy. And it ain't us verse them. It's not everything the news used to be the news. Now it's just idiots talking and sharing opinions they feel and trying to make it us verst them, bad versus good, White versus black. Ain't about all that, man, people people trying to demonstrate that they might matter. It's because they love themselves and they're trying to say, maybe don't squash me for no reason, like that got nothing to do with disliking white people.
Speaker 2: It's got nothing to do with it.
Speaker 5: It's kind of it's not about like this kind of invented battle going and so like we it's just spreading love, loving yourself enough to demand respect.
Speaker 2: There's no people in the history of the world that they have a gotten respect.
Speaker 5: They don't respect themselves and don't demonstrate it like that's that's that's what it comes down to. Everybody struggles with identity. I don't care what race you are. You're thirteen fifteen, You're trying to figure out who you are. You want to listen to that new album. You want to be different, but you also want to be the same. You want to you don't want to be isolated out, but you want to isolate yourself out and wear that cool thing and wear that cool shirt. People are trying to find themselves. Adults are trying to find themselves now. I mean, we don't know what we're doing. We're trying to figure it out. So just don't let I would just say to her, I would just not not let the media try to convince you that just because somebody, you know, freedom ain't pie. If I get a piece, I'm taking a piece from you. It's not something locked in. Just giving other people access to the freedom, life, liberty that this country is so proud of doesn't mean they're taking something from you. Letting gay folks have rights don't mean it's taken your go ahead, get married, be like they got none to do it. It's nothing to do with you. Nobody's taking anything from you. There's always the people in power always exaggerate and pretend to play victim. And if you need somebody to be quiet and shut the fuck up in order for you to do what you're doing, then you're probably doing something foul.
Speaker 2: With that being said, that was pretty damn good Hotel Coast. We didn't got that much time, but.
Speaker 1: I got two minutes he could. What you got to do it what you got? I got The Cosmy Show a good times.
Speaker 5: I mean, my era I grew up on The Cosmy Show is one of the greatest sitcoms ever.
Speaker 2: You take Costy, you take, I didn't.
Speaker 5: I've seen other episode that was yet sharp was in your was in your living room?
Speaker 1: Good George, Jeff George, Yeah, yeah, yeah, No, no, no, Joe, no Joe.
Speaker 2: That's moving on up to the east Side.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say san Franin's son or the waynes Wethers Sanford son. Yo, that boy was the best. That's Red Fox.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, it is. That's Red Fox. Sherman Helmsley, Sherman.
Speaker 1: He's never getting I'm still trying to be Sherman helms Sherman.
Speaker 11: Hamley was a g You see how he walked up walking? Give me that, James Brown, Yeah, walking, you're shore. You're gonna stop working. I want a baggy ship.
Speaker 1: That Yeah, that's Stanky leg Ahead. Oh got you too, Different Strokes, Fresh Prince.
Speaker 2: I mean again, you gave me with the generational shit. I didn't watch Different Strokes. I'm not that old.
Speaker 5: It was, it was on, it was on, but I wasn't like it wasn't like I wasn't thirteen years.
Speaker 2: Old, like like, uh, what do you say?
Speaker 1: Was the other one?
Speaker 5: Fresh Fresh Prince was my adolescent? It's like that was I could see it eye to eye. Different show. I gotta catch reruns, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh what you want to say?
Speaker 1: Brother? Because you've been running this I've been looking for you life.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I've been looking for you.
Speaker 1: That's my ship. Rewinded Tent.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 1: That's the time. Yeah, while you could rewind the time, I want to put you on the box. I own this company. Rewinded Tent. It's Kelsey dj CA. You ain't win no bumps, Nikki jam Heston breakforst Legend. Yeah, who do I talk to?
Speaker 5: What is do?
Speaker 2: Is? Just like this.
Speaker 1: Lead?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: I like that Knox money.
Speaker 2: You have my curiosity. Now you got my attention.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying because I see you leave a couple of whites over there, yo, Jada, hold on.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of white.
Speaker 1: I ain't get it. Why don't they that's the half white, that's the half white. Yeah, forty three when you could be thirty two. Why look thirty two when you be twenty two. I fight the time while you could rewind the top.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do some research. I'm gonna do some re urge. It's a strong pitch. It's a very strong pitch.
Speaker 1: We killing up cvs, sutlease, stop and shot. Okay, now you're Jada. I need him on the box. Jada want to be on the box. So he's trying to push you out.
Speaker 2: He needed that one to boxing.
Speaker 1: Anybody need to be on the Joe. This ain't that, that ain't this.
Speaker 2: It's cracking. Kiss I guess.
Speaker 3: Jesse Williams Hotel Costiera on Prime.
Speaker 1: Thanks some doing. I'm going away as
Speaker 2: Thank you, appreciate