Speaker 1: Sunday in week seven, wrapping up, Welcome to the Favorites. I'm your host, Brandon Kravitz, joined by my fellow capadres Kendra Middleton and Stuckey. The Prime Minister is here. We have a lot to discuss. We're gonna go We're gonna attempt to go game by game here, We're gonna hop off before we dip into Falcons versus Niners and Sunday Night Football. First to recap on the two Kings and a Queen, Parlay Brown's Money, Chargers Gross and the Titans. What the fuck was that? Kendra? What do you have to say for yourself?
Speaker 2: I honestly don't feel bad because I also pushed for the Panthers and you guys wanted to take the Vikings over the Eagles, So I feel like my hands are clean here.
Speaker 3: I've hit mine.
Speaker 2: The last couple of weeks up ends I. But here's the thing I stood on business. I told you guys this entire season, in the first coach to go, I was going to have to back the team next week.
Speaker 3: So either I was a fraud then or I'm a fraud now. You take a pick. I saw had a profitable day I'm happy.
Speaker 1: Okay. The Chargers were a team that we've backed the last couple of weeks. They let us down big time today. This is a Jaggs podcast. They were horrendous, stucky. I know this is one of your best bets of the day. I can't imagine you're feeling too good as we sit here right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that Chargers tough.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: The Cults were amazing. I thought I loved how they were aggressive on fourth downs early in that game too, really just took control the charters, offensive line injuries or killer. I underestimated them, but I thought the Chargers defense would perform better than that. It's clear wrong call, it was. I also had the Jets. I also had the Vikings. The Vikings was for uh, the way that that ended.
Speaker 1: They should have covered that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, look, Hurts was amazing. I mean he was incredible the entire like just all their the long passes. A. J. Brown was great, but he was awesome. I mean they couldn't run the ball again, and uh, I mean some of the third and the third and longs the fourth down touchdown, but uh, it was, it was it was the wrong call.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Jets was ugly so yeah, I had Uh, I had a bad day happens, but it was uh, it was a rough call, I take I take full responsibility as as always for all all of the bad calls, but uh Chargers, Yeah give give. One of the reasons is I thought the Colts and Daniel Jones were more likely to make mistakes than the Chargers, and actually the opposite turn out to be true. But the Colts did whatever they wanted on offense the entire game, and the Chargers had no recourse. So yeah, they were the well deserved winner.
Speaker 1: The part of your cats, well, they were disgusting. I mean they kicked off in these ugly highlighter yellows. I figure they they were kind of behind the eight ball with that. The Colts hadn't beaten anybody legit to this point, and I think that this is the This was the the Colts are real win. This is the one where we have to stop with the I mean it's not like we have to bet on the Colts every week, but we have to at least acknowledge that this is a real football team moving forward.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're a real contender in the AFC. I mean, look that. In fairness, they also arguably should have beat the Rams. Uh, and the Rams are clearly very good. Earlier this year they had the you know, the drop of the one. They had the other touchdown call back. So yeah, in the AFC, if you go down the pecking order, I mean you still win. The Bills, Ravens and Chiefs are healthy, like they're still at the top. But the Colts are not there. They're right there. I think they're there next that in the next.
Speaker 3: Year, I have them above.
Speaker 2: I mean, the Chiefs didn't look spectacular today. I get that they won, but the Raiders just honestly beat themselves in that game. I would have the Colts above them, and I would have them above the Ravens right now.
Speaker 4: I mean, what would you want the Chiefs to do they had they were up thirty one? Nothing again?
Speaker 3: Oh I get it. No, I'm not. I'm not ragging on the Chiefs at all.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying if they played each other this weekend, I would probably hop on the Colts or in like a power ranking situation right now, I would probably have the Colts above them.
Speaker 4: But Mahomes did look great today. He was what twenty six or thirty five? Three touchdowns? He saw the impact of Rice who had two touchdowns too, so had.
Speaker 3: Any time hit for me? That was nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the they did have a couple offensive line injuries worth noting just to knock off a couple other injuries just for people out there, like some key ones. Let's see Panthers Bryce Young, he left, Jet Saw Scardner I think I saw left, the Titans Simmons, Jeffrey Simmons left. I mean they're defense without Jeffrey Simmons is a joke. And the same with the Raiders defense without Max Crosby who left. Eagles had a couple of injuries. Cam Jurgens I think left to Dori Jackson and Jeli Saints McCoy, Alonte Taylor left, and then the Dolphins I think down Darren Waller. There's a couple of the ones, but those are something to note. But the the big ones on defense, Crosby and Simmons, like those are two guys on bad defenses where they're like the only guy and you take them out, it's like everything crumbles. So, uh, those are two worth noting going forward. But the Raiders are like there's a lot of bad teams in the NFL this year. I can't believe how just tough of a watch they are every single week. I didn't think it would be this bad.
Speaker 1: It was the most lopsided blowout that the Chiefs have ever had against the Las Vegas Raiders. That's how all time bad. That performance was one of the games that just wrapped before we went live here Broncos Giants. The Broncos beat the Giants thirty three to thirty two. The Giants had a ten point lead and the ball with four forty five to play, and still found a way to lose this game.
Speaker 4: Drafted I'm thirty three points in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: Thirty three to thirteen. They were outscored in the final frame. The Broncos got as high as sixty to one before they wrapped up their comeback. I don't know exactly when that happened. My guess would be that it was when Jackson Dart dove into the end zone before the extra point was missed. I would think that's probably because if they if the extra point is good when we're probably not having this discussion, but here we are.
Speaker 4: No. The best thing that happened too, I mean, first of all, that what an incredible meltdown. The Giants allowed thirty three points in the fourth quarter. The only time team has ever scored more points is in two thousand and seven, the line scored thirty four against the Bears, and one thirty seven twenty seven I think was the final score that so they basically came one point away from the most points ever in the history of the NFL in the fourth quarter, and then you lose by one because you missed two extra points. But the best thing that happened to the Broncos looking back is Sean Payton running onto the field and getting that personal foul which moved the ball another yard. And if because if dark doesn't get in on the first like they reviewed it and then they said that he got in. I mean he did by like an inch. If he doesn't get in, the clock keeps running, the Giants would have been no. Obviously, you just have to score, but the Giants would have been much better off. I think he came up like three inches short and then they ran some more clock and then insane. I have no words for how the Giants didn't win that game of nineteen to nothing in the fourth quarter against that Broncos offense, and then they give up thirty three points to bow knicks in the fourth quarter. Is that's a gut punch? I mean, the Giants were playing so well. First of all, that that drive that they had was amazing. I know that there was penalties to help it, but I thought that they were dead in the water. To get up off the mat, take the lead again and then miss an extra point and lose. That is that? And then the Cardinals against the Titans are two of like the biggest gut punch losses I can ever remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there have been some bad beats this season, Kendra. Are the Giants the Aura rific even though they lost? Between Jackson Dart and Cam Scataboo, is this the Aura team of the year.
Speaker 2: Yes, we were talking about this before we got on the show. I'm obsessed with Kevon Thibodeau. I love those two. Scatabo's gonna have such a short career with how he plays, but they're just so fun, so entertaining, so mimable. I have to say, in an Aura off between them and the Colts, it has to be them.
Speaker 3: But Daniel Jones is getting out there for me. I have to say.
Speaker 2: It's getting pretty close, but I don't think I can take it away. From the New York Giants.
Speaker 1: Let's give out our goats and votes of the day. My goat is Daniel Jones teammate Jonathan Taylor. The guy can't be stopped. Eight touchdowns on the year, he leads the NFL in touchdowns. He's a legit MVP candidate. Daniel Jones has been great to me, the MVP of that team, and one of the MVPs of the league has been Jonathan Taylor. And my vote is Carson Wentz. I hate him. He costs me a lot of money today, What about you?
Speaker 3: My goat is gonna be Matt Stafford.
Speaker 2: I just he's so old and so incredible, and I was low key cheering for him at points today.
Speaker 3: And my wote.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's BTJ or Cam Little or Liam Cohen. I think I'm just gonna go with Liam Cohen because some of the decision making today was insane. They're so undisciplined. I don't know where to point any fingers anymore. That's that's got to be it for me.
Speaker 3: I woke up.
Speaker 2: After being out all night last night, working for hours and hours today before getting on a flight to watch that game, Like, are we joking, and.
Speaker 1: You know it's ironic because this felt like Travis Hunter's come out This was his coming out party, and it was just only relevant if you bet his props or you had him in fantasy. Because the Jags were trashed today and the Rams you could just tell early on they went up and down the field at ease, at will, and the Jags defense had a hard time getting footing on that field. Old Stafford just looks so comfortable, No Poka, no problem. I don't know where we go, I know, and like all these things that we track that matter, that matter to us, it just all flew out the window. I don't know what we do with this team, Kendrick, because they just don't. They don't feel real. At this point. That Chiefs Monday Night football win feels years ago. At this point, I.
Speaker 2: Have to say, I do feel a little vindicated and trapping you guys into this emotionally abusive relationship.
Speaker 3: I've been in for my entire life.
Speaker 2: So typically Jags, for them to sink their claws in you, only to just rip your heart out when they fall back to reality. So fun, so entertaining for five weeks and now here we are same old Jags.
Speaker 3: They showed me who they are. So I'm gonna listen. I'm over this team. It's done. They're dead to me. I'm over it.
Speaker 1: Well a good we don't have to bet them next week. They're on a buye in Week eight. Stuck here.
Speaker 4: I still think they'll be okay. I think that I thought they were going to be like a nine win team. I think that's still who they are. I mean today wasn't as bad as it looked in the box score. I mean, look, they out gained They out gained the Rams by one hundred yards. The Rams only had four point four yards per play. They got killed on penalties and then fourth downs. I mean that's a lot of times. You can look at the NFL.
Speaker 3: Games we get in week out. Yeah, penalties.
Speaker 4: Now you can look at NFL games and they're like they come down to how did you do on fourth downs? Turn turnovers? Like I had four bets today. The teams I bet against one eleven to thirteen on fourth down. I always tracked this and no minus eight turnovers the teams I won bets on the Cowboys, the Browns, like they got a bunch of turnovers and didn't have bad fourth down variants. So yeah, they got to clean up some of the penalties. They missed Devin Lloyd the day they do miss Breton Strange I think in the red zone two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did those two real, real momentum swingers.
Speaker 4: But the Rams are a good team. And the Jags lost. They were I mean, the penalties and fourth down variance killed them, but they didn't get like dominated statistically, as a thirty five to seven lead would indicate or like lead you to believe if you just looked at the at the final score. But the Rams, I mean, the Rams easily could be undefeated this year. I mean they should have beat the Eagles up twenty six to seven. You have the blocked fuel goal, and then they lost to the Niners in overtime, and they I mean arguably should have won that game. So yeah, the Rams are certainly real. And the other crazy game today was the Cardinals. I mean, I gotta give the Cardinals credit. The Cardinals are like because they keep having all these bad things happen to them and they keep picking themselves off the mat. The Cardinals remind me of there was like a colts team a couple of years ago. I mean, maybe it was like two years they have, Jacob, I don't know, I forget maybe they every single one of their games like was a one possession game for the entire season. But that's the Cardinals have played nothing but one possession games. Like they easily could be five and two and they're two and five. I mean, their losses are by four, one, three and what else? Uh and four and four? So is that what do they have to they how many? What's their record right now? Mike counting one wrong? Two and five? So there their losses are by yeah, I think I'll combined thirteen points. Some are somewhere around there. So like they've been in every single game and they've just come up. They mean, they've been unlucky overall. I mean, so we'll say they're at at the Cowboys next is that next Monday night? The Cardinals are on a buy, so they have a buy to regroup, which is they need they need to get healthy. But it does seem like the offense opera like Brissette has like a better handle on the offense. I don't know, we'll see they need to get healthier, but we'll see if they can regroup out of the buy because they've certainly been right there in every single game this year. Uh, but Michael Parsons ends up their first career three second game. He was he was incredible all.
Speaker 1: Day, toe to toe with the Packers and the Colts. It's not a bad little resume over the last two weeks. What about you goats and votes for this weekendotes?
Speaker 4: My vote is me. I'm a two and five, so what will always be me when I have a losing day? But it's Hockinson. We're not holding onto that ball fat. I mean, it was a tough catch, but goat would be I mean, Dak Trescott. People aren't given enough credit for how well he's playing. A lot of people are talking about Baker Mayfield, rightfully so, and a lot of people are talking about Sam Darnold. But I don't know if there's anyone playing as well as Dak Prescott. Oh, I should have mentioned in the injuries Dad Daniels. Obviously for Washington, we'll get We'll have to wait for an update on what happened there. And it's also where some of the Chiefs injuries could have been precautionary. But Prescott is playing at an unbelievable level. I mean he's back to like his peak. I don't even know if he's ever played this well. He was awesome again today, clean, and that offense is humming on all cylinders. The defense is still bad, very bad, Like they're just gonna be in shootouts and it's gonna come down to like a lot of endgame stuff. But that offense, especially at home, is a force to be reckoned with and was in fairness today, like part of the reason they won today. His Washington's offense was it a shell unit. I mean they're throwing to Robbie Chosen like every other play Chris Moore. So and yeah, so that Washington offense not in the best shape, which definitely helped the Dallas defense. But credit to Dak Prescox, he's playing at an MVP level.
Speaker 1: So Sunday Night Football, we're gonna give a quick read on that before we hop off. We've got fifteen minutes left with you and then we have a show parlay. But I'm setting rules for the Monday Night Football parlay. There's two games, but we can't veto anybody's pick, so it's just one nomination and that's what we're rolling with, and we'll get to that to wrap the episode, I feel like, if we're talking wotes worst of all time. By the way, for those that are unaware, how do you not talk about the Miami Dolphins. And we thought that weather was going to be this huge factor today it seemed like it was pretty windy. The rain wasn't as bad as four k to at least not during the game. The Dolphins offense was awful. Two was twelve of twenty three one hundred yards, three interceptions. D Eskridge was their best receiver Jalen Waddle. He has completely checked out on the season, one catch for fifteen yards. The Dolphins converted one third down on the entire day, and they made the Browns look like world beaters. Kendra, does Mike McDaniel have a job come tomorrow?
Speaker 3: I feel like no.
Speaker 2: I looked up their schedule earlier and I can't remember who they have on deck. But I don't really care. I know you guys were all over this, but I don't really care. I feel like this is the best time in their schedule to probably fire him. Yeahs the Cleveland Browns, it's the easiest one that you're gonna take. Just take it and walk away. Take the gift that God has given you. Let that man out of jail. Let him go find a job somewhere else. Their schedule would be Falcons, Ravens, Bills, Commanders. Your next opportunity to fire him is going to be November thirtieth against the Saints. You can't fire him after he gets his ass beat by any of these other teams.
Speaker 3: This is a bad team.
Speaker 2: Let him take the yell and walk away like this is your time to rub your hands, walk away clean break you just even what what happens if he hangs in some of these next couple of games out of nowhere too, then you just keep delaying the inevitable.
Speaker 1: Stuck. Where do you land on this?
Speaker 4: It's funny if you look at that, if you look at that box with the Browns only afterge two pointy yards for play, they had two hundred and two yards. Uh, they actually were out gained by Miami. Uh.
Speaker 1: You never didn't have to do anything, I know, it was just the bus.
Speaker 4: No, it's just funny that the Browns scored thirty one points. But like they their offense literally didn't have to do much at all. I mean the two a throw when he was getting pressured in the end zone where he threw it literally right to a defender. Was like, you don't even see rookies do that, And yeah, I don't like this team is a disaster. They need they need to. It's also managed their run so poorly by Career, Like and he I think he's the longest standing GM. Could that be correct? I think so in the league. Let me see how many years it's been.
Speaker 1: I would think the Packers GM has been around a while, so.
Speaker 4: He's been the GM since we're not GM. Who uh, yeah, I thought I thought Career was there for longer. I mean, he's been there since two thousand, but I guess he wasn't GM until twenty fifteen. But regardless, like the way that this team is run and they haven't won a playoff game since when you would know, I don't know two thousand and two three.
Speaker 1: I was actually at the last playoff game they won and I was in high school. So that was in two thousand against Peyton Manning and the Colts by the way, if you ever want to do some bar trivia on that.
Speaker 4: So, but like they're run so poorly, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, Lars Smith was the star running back.
Speaker 4: It's like December thirtieth two thousand.
Speaker 3: You guys, yeah, I was like four years old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the but no, so they're so poorly run. They just need to I don't know if then then they know.
Speaker 1: How to do it.
Speaker 4: Like they draft poorly their their trades. This offseason, we're head scratching. The roster construction is so bad because if you look at this team right now, what there's like just look at this team on paper, what is good? Their offensive line is a train wreck, which is where you build teams. You mentioned the Colts, and like giving credit to Taylor and Jones, stiking deserves credit. Their offensive line is also deserves a ton of credit for the Colts. I they I mean, they're they're paid in the way for Taylor, Towel's incredible, and Jones is sitting back there, no one's touching him. To look at the go look at the Dolphins try to block someone. Their offensive line has been built so bad, and then go on the defensive side of the ball, like they've assembled the worst secondary in the league. So they like they just have nothing going for them. So yeah, I mean, I don't like fire and McDaniel. I don't even know what does it do, Like I don't know.
Speaker 1: Comp with you. They're gonna do it just because that's what's done. But it's foolish, it doesn't accomplish anything. He's not the problem, actually, like the rosters the problem. Yeah, but I.
Speaker 4: Mean he does seem like he I will say that it seems like he's he's checked out and he said, I know, so I'm just saying, like, maybe you need another voice in there. I do think McDaniel would be just such a better coordinator. Maybe then a head coach like he yeah, maybe that's that would fit him better. I don't know who am I to say, but it's it's a mess. They're like, don't I don't even know where you would start to just blow that whole thing up, But that's what needs to happen.
Speaker 1: The Favorites podcast has teamed up with DraftKings sportsbook, where new customers can bet five dollars and get three hundred dollars back in bonus bets if your bet wins. And that's not all. DraftKings is also giving away three months of NBA League Pass to new customers to get started. Use the promo code Favorites. When signing up with DraftKings again, use the promo code favorites. When signing up, bet five dollars and get three hundred back in bonus bets. If your bet wins plus three months of NBA League Pass, the crown is yours. All right, let's dig into it. Sunday Night Football. We've got the Falcons and the forty nine Ers. Forty nine Ers favored by a point and a half over at DraftKings. I want to be on the Falcons tonight so bad. I think partly because it's Sunday Night Football and I just like having something on the game. The Falcons have been great. The problem is is that if the just betting psychology, this is going to be the chase my loss is pick of the week, and that is usually disaster for recreational betters out there. So I'm cautioning myself. I would caution those out there. I'm probably gonna sit and wait, and if the forty nine Ers go up by a touchdown, I'll take the Falcons plus the points. But otherwise I want to be on the Falcons. I just can't get there. What about you, guys, Kendra, where do you sit on the Sunday Night game? Quick read? We have to make some Monday night football parlays as well.
Speaker 2: I also want to be on the Falcons, and I know that the forty nine ers loss last week, but it's just so hard for me to feade mac Jones. I feel like they play way better for him, So probably maybe gonna get in on some Falcons something if I feel the vibes, but probably.
Speaker 3: Want nothing to do with this game to no, Kittle's.
Speaker 1: Back too stucky. Have you bet into this game?
Speaker 4: No, I don't have anything, but I actually was gonna look for the Falcons live. Like you said, what nine is usually really good scripted portion under Shanahan, So like if there's any team in the league, I think more so than any team in the league there they have a very high likelihood of going down and scoring on there at least a field goal, but an opening drive touchdown. And if that's the case, I'll get on the Falcons. It looks like Mooney and Matthews, which is huge. You're both active for the Falcons, so that's very big. But I have nothing there. And yeah, to your point, on just a quick PSA, don't yeah, don't ever chase to chase or you know, if you're going into Monday night game or Sunday night game. I've seen so many people get in trouble, Like I'm talking if you're going to a big hole, just so you have to understand that you're gonna have bad days betting football and if you don't like anything, especially if you don't like anything, but never just try to get out of the hole on one game, like I can't tell you how like random football is and you're just say you're down a lot of money and you want to throw it all in a one game. You're betting on an oblong ball, like on bad calls, fourth downs, fumbo lock like that. Don't get yourself into double the trouble. There's always next week it will be okay. So don't ever go that route. I've seen way too many people getting way too much trouble trying to do that.
Speaker 1: Somebody clip that and play that for society. Please, that's very important. All right, Let's go ahead and make our Monday Night football expeditious parlay. This is not gonna be like what we do on Thursdays. I'm thinking about coining this the DK Monday Night Football fast pass parlay. Let's just throw one throw all play into the mix. We have got two games to choose from, no battles. We just have to accept the play. Kendro will start with you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go Kate Oughton for in any time.
Speaker 2: He's the only person they've got, so it's gonna be him or nobody they have.
Speaker 1: This kind of messes up my leg of the parlay because I have Test Test Johnson. The Lions have been one of the leakiest defenses in the NFL, seventh most yards per game given to the wide receiver position, and they're dealing with a load of injuries still in the secondary. Plus four hundred over on DraftKings. I'm assuming that Evans and or Abuka will not play, so I'll throw Test Johnson. We're gonna need two separate bucks to catch touchdown passes from Baker, but it's doable. It's doable.
Speaker 4: Stucky should be a higher scoring game. I'm gonna go with aj Barner anytime. I think he's plus four hundred at DraftKings. This is was blessed by my action or co host Chris Raybomb. But he leads Seattle in red zone targets, routes, touchdowns, you name it, so he'll get some looks. So I think matchup. I like the matchup too, so let's go with AJ Barner anytime touchdown.
Speaker 1: All right, that does it. The Favorites is going to return. By the way, a quick recap. We have Kate Otton touchdown, Ted Johnson touchdown and an AJ Barner touchdown. We got tuddies on Monday Night football. The Favorites will return on Tuesday afternoon right here on the Action Network YouTube page where we talk NFL Week eight. Can you believe it? We are already into Week eight of the NFL season. Good luck with your bets tonight, don't chase people, and we'll see you next time here on the Favorites podcast presented Fly Draft Kase.
Speaker 3: Action Network reminds you please gamble responsibly.
Speaker 1: If you or someone you care about has a gambling problem, help is available twenty four to seven at one eight hundred Gambler