Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Oh it's just not a very beautiful Monday when you don't get a fight song.
Speaker 4: No start your Monday, no fights song.
Speaker 3: Here we are inside this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that needs to be That needs to be our theme after loss, right.
Speaker 4: Uh huh?
Speaker 5: Or maybe a real fight.
Speaker 2: We were we were walking up Bill and I and Spags is looking outside into the desolate weather outside, he says, looking for a way of sunshine.
Speaker 4: I say, is that metaphorical?
Speaker 5: It is a day it is with drizzly results.
Speaker 3: Did it look like did the sun come up?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: The sun is? There's no been no sign that the sun has come up outside.
Speaker 6: This is one of those Monday mondays.
Speaker 3: Well, here we are three and five. I will say this. The Los Angeles Rams last year were three and six and made the playoffs. This year they were one and four, and now they're four and four and tied for first place in their division.
Speaker 4: Is that crazy? Uh?
Speaker 3: Huh man. Yeah, that was a fun finished to that game.
Speaker 4: And the ain't nothing fun after yesterday.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: So that's just not okay.
Speaker 2: All right, So we're trying to spread the local wealth here. We got to Matthew Stafford.
Speaker 3: And Jackson Smith and Jigba for Saddle too. The game that was see there, we can't talk about that though. We got to talk about our team, Yeah we should.
Speaker 4: New Orleans was too, and when they just fired their so.
Speaker 3: How about that? How about that New Orleans? We're sitting here, I was sitting here to seven weeks ago. They talked touting about New Orleans and they got Clint Kubiak is their offensive coordinator, and they put up over forty points their first two games.
Speaker 4: They might have.
Speaker 3: The best team in the contract. How smart were they to keep Dennis Allen and you know he's been with the organization for a decade. And that defense. See, you know, in the moment you talk about their offense, but man, their defense. They got all these veteran guys back. They've lost seven straight games and Dennis Allen lost his job.
Speaker 4: To lost his job, that's crazy, man.
Speaker 3: And then there's the Raiders. Well we knew the Raiders was gonna happen with them back in preseason when we saw them have their starters in for the first half of a preseason game and they couldn't beat these guys. And they fired three coaches today, Yes they did, Yes, they did so.
Speaker 6: But looking for that ray of sunshine? What did Arizona get off to and now they're leading the West?
Speaker 4: Isn't that something?
Speaker 5: Five and four?
Speaker 3: Okay, so they're five and four? See the Rams in San Francisco are four and four? In Seattle four and five?
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Cincinnati got off to what a one in three star?
Speaker 3: How about how about Chicago?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So Chicago a week ago yesterday they are one play away from being like five and two, and then they had a Hail Mary and then they got their butts kicked by the Cardinals yesterday, twenty nine to nine, and nobody cares.
Speaker 5: Just wait, just wait a week. It's the NFL.
Speaker 2: And that's why I'm not giving up hope. That is why I'm still optimistic. I know I'm a fool for that, but hell and I got nothing else, guys, we got nothing else. I could sit here and belly ache all I want about it. But if I'm a player, and I'm hoping that they're thinking as you know, we're trying to think as players right now. You know, the SPAGS thinks as an executive, of course, but we're trying to think as players. What can I do so we can get on a run?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Are we improving? Are we getting worse? That's one thing we have to self evaluate. And I was listening to the tight end Ferguson No, No, the tight end from the commentator.
Speaker 7: Oh, and he put it as simply as it could be put.
Speaker 2: It's the little things we miss a block, CD man, Well, CD, well, talk about somebody who's who's got some guts, you know, all game long, got some guts. But if on that end a round, well, Jet sweet, stay outside and you might be going to the house. Stay outside, you might be going to the house.
Speaker 4: You know. Uh, Cooper Cup Cooper.
Speaker 2: Rush comes in and throws a heck of a post corner. But because the CD's injury, he can't to even reach for the ball was painful and so he couldn't even he couldn't catch it. Because it's just really I've been there. Well it was this show, Well, it was both shoulders, was right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well mine was both.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I could imagine what I felt initially when when I heard mine, his continued mine. You know, I was blessed enough to where it didn't hurt as much. Throughout the game, his feeling was and you could see it. That pain never went away. He was playing with that pain the entire game. After a while, it just gets numb. Mine got numb. His was not numb. He could feel that pain every time he ran, and he stayed in there.
Speaker 8: I got to get a two point convert man and have to be out, and he got hit on the shoulder again on the two club two point conversion, So yeah, I gotta give him some love on that.
Speaker 2: But the small things, you know, you got guys. I don't care if you're a backup or not. You gotta play man. You gotta do your job. I don't care if your offensive lineman going against them the best defensive lineman ever, which they were not.
Speaker 4: You got them.
Speaker 2: You can't have false starts in critical situations.
Speaker 4: Are we looking at a lack of talent?
Speaker 2: Are we looking at a looking at a lack of detail and everything?
Speaker 3: Like for instance, on the jet sweep, did did McCarthy get asked about his frustration after the jet sweep, right when he threw the tablet down.
Speaker 6: See what you guys don't understand. We don't see that stuff in the press box.
Speaker 3: You didn't have the broadcast.
Speaker 6: Well it's on, but it's delayed and you're keeping.
Speaker 3: Taking So then they right, and so then the the replay of him throwing the tablet was probably during the course of the next offense play, and so you're watching the.
Speaker 6: No one, No, it was later, no one yet no one asked, well, it's the same thing about Deck's hand, right, They focused on his right hand and said it was swollen all that he had a little cut right here between his second and third finger.
Speaker 5: And we were walking.
Speaker 6: Up the up the steps to the flight and I said, by the way, no one asked about your hand.
Speaker 5: Is it okay?
Speaker 6: And he goes, yeah, Look and he had a little it was almost like a paper cut, and he was bleeding right, And he goes, it happens to me all the time. I said, so it doesn't hurt.
Speaker 5: He goes no. And he was carrying his carry.
Speaker 6: On stuff in his right hand right, and I'm going, well, if that hand's busted up or whatever, hands not a problem.
Speaker 5: So there is a Yeah, so what what the hell is the problem is?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were just probably just they were trying to mix in the cut.
Speaker 4: So he's not.
Speaker 3: Bleeding, and why didn't you come back in the game. No, he's a hamstring was a hamster hams Oh but but what Mickey saying is sometimes those shots on television can be misfeating trainers are so then it's okay, yeah, the hands fines and so. But but see there's where the narrative is established, from the talking points for the next twenty four to forty eight until you can.
Speaker 4: So when he throws the ball, that wasn't the.
Speaker 3: Hand, No, it's the hamstring.
Speaker 4: I thought, I he hamstring.
Speaker 5: Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 6: But by the way, he walked up the steps, because when you're on the tarmac, you walk up steps probably twenty right, I was right behind him.
Speaker 5: I didn't have to help them.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, he went all twenty steps on his own with that hamstring.
Speaker 3: Did he run up the steps?
Speaker 5: No, he did not run. He did not run.
Speaker 3: So he'll be fine if he can walk through the next game. If the next game is a walk for I'll be fine.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 4: So so so we'll we're urging him to run the ball more. Yeah. Right, and see that's what I fussed about initially on me and my son watched the game. So then they said handy, like, oh okay, well maybe I was mistaken. I thought they said.
Speaker 5: Hamstring, but yeah, hamstring.
Speaker 4: But it was hamstring. Yeah, So he and he ran. He's a leading rusher on the team.
Speaker 5: H well for that game, for no no doubt it was.
Speaker 4: So those those swing passes, some of them were.
Speaker 3: No no, no. He had twelve carries for seventy five yards, and he had five catches for thirty six and and so he had six and a half yards of carry.
Speaker 6: It was his second one hundred yards from scrimmage game of the season.
Speaker 3: Uh. But back to McCarthy on throwing the tablet to your point on CD, just getting wider. I want to find out from McCarthy why what did he see on what was supposed to happen on that play that made him and I wonder if it was communication issues on the offensive line.
Speaker 5: Again, well, it sure didn't get blocked.
Speaker 3: Because uh kayten Ellis the linebacker was was unblocked. Terrence Steel blocked down With that, they doubled down, and so who was supposed to take or was anyone supposed to take Ellis? And as greg Olsen pointed out, greg Olsen points out, that's the difference. He got a linebacker there instead of a defensive lineman is down.
Speaker 4: And all four versus standing up.
Speaker 3: And he can see the play as a.
Speaker 4: Co came to into fruition when when CD was successful because he noticed he pointed out the difference. See this guy's down in all fours. That's why I was successful.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking though, that it was a misassignment that caused the coach to throw the tablet, because I don't think he's going to react like that just the line there, and that it had to be something that the Cowboys didn't do right.
Speaker 2: But but having looked at the play, there's nothing that could have gone right. As that guy diagnosed it the way he did, I can't see who was I thought it was about a deception.
Speaker 4: I didn't think it was about someone missing a block.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'll tell you what's what we need to find out.
Speaker 6: I got tired of hearing his name called too, by the way. That guy was on the injury report all week, right, and then he ended up with thirty seven tackles. I think every Vega was Ellis this Ellis that it's like.
Speaker 5: Who this guy?
Speaker 3: I'm it goes to show because all week long and you're outside of the injury report, everyone saw, well, you know, Grady Jerry's out what he used to be, Matt Judon hadn't done anything whatever. No one talks about Kayden Ellis.
Speaker 9: They'll watch us Jesse Bates, you know, and all the others say, if you justin Simmons and aj Terrell is having a good year and a by the secondary, Well, there are good players on other teams that nobody talks.
Speaker 2: And we've got players on our team that are playing the way they're supposed to. So we allow these these overachievers to play the way they played.
Speaker 6: They've got the eleventh worst record in the league right now, oh Cowboys, and.
Speaker 3: There are one one game ahead of the worst record. Because every there are nine teams in the league that have two wins. Yeah, and there's none with fewer than two wins now, but nine have two wins. And yet you go on a little Cooper Rush run of four and one the next five weeks and you're right there.
Speaker 2: So what is that the diagnosis that the dack's out for a number of weeks.
Speaker 5: We don't know yet they're doing it.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 6: Yeah, great if you have Cooper rush in there. But can the offensive line continue to block and can the defensive line not allow the quarterback? On that touchdown, By the way, that he threw to Ray, Ray McCloud came in motion from the left and went all the way to the right.
Speaker 5: It was a six second play.
Speaker 6: Six seconds he stood in that pocket for that guy to go from the left side to the right side before he throw it. If you can't do better than that, he at one point completed thirteen consecutive passes. He was having a picnic in the pocket right just standing there looking.
Speaker 5: Around, and it's like, oh, let me go there.
Speaker 6: They can't get consistent pressure on the quarterback. He has all day to throw, and you know, I think a lot of people thought, well, Jon Robinson, they're just going to run, run, run, No. They started with three wide receivers and basically did it.
Speaker 5: I bet two or.
Speaker 3: Three game they yeah, eleven personnel, but they will throw it out to Bijon. I mean, that's an offense built around Bijon.
Speaker 6: Actually heard him worse on those little passes than they did running the ball.
Speaker 3: And Bjon had eighty six yards on nineteen carries and seven cahues for fifty nine yards, so he total one hundred and fifty five yards.
Speaker 4: We matched him. We scrimming.
Speaker 3: On the other side, La Rico had seventy five rushing thirty two.
Speaker 4: I didn't think he was just think about it as I thought he would be.
Speaker 6: The other four games they lost, the opposing team averaged two hundred and twelve yards rushing. They held them to one hundred to fight.
Speaker 4: Every member.
Speaker 2: Once again, Olsen talked about it as you guys look up whatever you're looking up, it was one hundred.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It was little things, Bro, That was the little things and what they didn't. I wouldn't necessarily say that I played us. It was just the little things and we were in the game. Even when they were up by two scores. I still felt good about us until Dak got hurting. That Cooper comes in throwing some decent passes and at that time was scrambling. But I still thought we played them as well as we could have with the mistakes that we kept making.
Speaker 3: Keep in mind, on the Atlanta side, they had London early in the game and he caught the touchdown pass, and then they didn't have Drake London, one of their primary pieces on offense the whole rest of the game. Kyle Pitts only had one catching it and so.
Speaker 4: And the on side recovered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. Yep.
Speaker 4: I thought they were going to try to blow that up for a minute.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, the game was really Some people say, well, well, the score wasn't addictive of.
Speaker 4: How the game was. I thought it was.
Speaker 3: No, it was.
Speaker 4: I thought it was.
Speaker 2: I really thought it was because we I didn't see them doing anything that really overwhelmed us. But it was our own ineptitude that was so frustrating to watch. When you start talking about missing missed the signments and the false starts. Man, we've got to stop with these false starts. Uh, in crucial situations we put out, we shoot ourselves in the foot so much. Did they have one or two, Yeah, but they were key situations. You have to false start on the goal line.
Speaker 6: The holdings were the ones that Yeah, penalties, penalties holding, Well, that's an excuse. I figured that's when McCarthy threw it. I don't think that was because I mean it's fourth and one, right, and and they're running the full back in to the huddle lip key because it or no, it was a third, it was third and one.
Speaker 5: And then it was third and whatever.
Speaker 3: It was fourth and it was fourth and one and then they were gonna go for yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, And Dalvin Cook was still in the in the huddle.
Speaker 5: So I don't know if they didn't communicated well.
Speaker 3: And it gets back to Dallan Cook. How long how much has he worked with the first team, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you got he has a coach, he has a running back coach. There should be some type of communication. I just yell, hey, man, get your ass up side, get off the field.
Speaker 5: Well that's why. But I think they were trying and no they want they weren't going no no huddle.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 6: And that's why I think this happened to Romo one time. And he learned that when they're doing personnel change, go stand five yards from the huddle because the huddle doesn't start until the quarterbacks in there, right, so you can run a guy off, right, And there was a contra.
Speaker 4: If you're aware of it, you're aware of.
Speaker 6: Well, and but that'll give somebody, Hey, get out of there, and that happened to the Cowboys because he was not in the huddle and they called too many guys on the field like they were in formation or something beyond. Little things like that. And I think we should start with some of the little things. A couple of the plays that really turned a what was it a seven to three game? Uh, totally around when after that end around that ended up losing three yards and Atlanta ended up with the ball basically at midfield at the fourth revenue.
Speaker 3: All right, we will do that, and we are on Zeke Watch, and we are on MRI Watch as the day continues, and we're back with more in a moment here on mixshots.
Speaker 2: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour.
Speaker 4: The Star and talk ex's and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 2: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today, Hey.
Speaker 7: Cowboy, fans. I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been in a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto wants. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Ruscott keeps it slides with a first.
Speaker 7: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookiean crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect pro.
Speaker 5: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 10: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape. The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lite has brewed to be less feeling. What are you doing here? Miller Lite tastes great. Look, I'm just reading the script. It says less filling. That's not what my script says. Hell mindset.
Speaker 9: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers Middle Lighters in fact less filling and taste great.
Speaker 5: I'm Vishine legal guy.
Speaker 4: Celebrate Responsibily.
Speaker 5: Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer ninety six thousands to be point grams cards for cloth bounces, fewer cowsond cars than premium regular beer to mixed shots.
Speaker 2: Head to AT and T Stadium to experience Rally Day presented by seat Geek on Saturday, November ninth from ten am to two pm. Get ready to cheer on your Dallas Cowboys with tours of AT and T Stadium, autographs from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, ticket giveaways, games, and more. Visit AT and T stadium dot com slash Rally Days to get your tickets today.
Speaker 3: Okay, Mickey wants to go through everything that went wrong yesterday.
Speaker 5: Let's take care of the Zeke thing first.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, all right, what do you do show Well, it's called big shot.
Speaker 6: From my understanding that they had made a decision late in the week that he wasn't going to play, he was going to be inactive, and I don't know if that precipitated his pride to be hurt and then like didn't show up on time or didn't show up for the Saturday practice.
Speaker 5: Because I'm thinking he's thinking.
Speaker 3: So their schedule on Saturday, they work out in the morning and then the afternoon flight.
Speaker 6: Right, got to be there at one for the flight, for the flight, and you know that because you're on the flight.
Speaker 5: I'm on it at one because I ain't waiting for my ass.
Speaker 6: They not be taken off late because the news the news broke right when.
Speaker 4: We took off, you and the pilot are there together.
Speaker 3: Okay, when he didn't.
Speaker 5: Show up for the flight, you know that, don't kill But they sent out the email.
Speaker 3: Whereas you want to tell the North Turner Michael Irvin story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's so funny that.
Speaker 6: Travel he missed the flight to Detroit Jimmy said, what time we're leaving at two o'clock? What time is it two o'clock? Let's go wheels up, And they left Michael behind right, and he had the discipline on his own, and so he had to go to Jimmy when he got there, and the discipline was, uh, you're not starting, you're sitting out the first possession. And when Nora found out about it, he said, if we kick off, is that first possession?
Speaker 4: Okay? Wait, but what was the answer to that?
Speaker 6: You know, he sat out the first possession, so zeke basically, I don't know if it happened. You know, they said, well, he didn't show up on time for practice or he didn't show up on Saturday, but he wasn't going to play. So a lot was made out a guy that was going to be inactive, and he probably had never been inactive.
Speaker 3: In his yeah, outside of last games of seasons whenever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when you're not going to play and he's resting up for the playoffs, and I'm thinking in his mind, it's like, well, I ain't sitting on the bench in tennis shoes. So so the disciplinary action took place. Well, I don't know if they assumed he was going to show up for the game.
Speaker 4: That's what I said.
Speaker 3: He was. He was the smart one. He figured out how not to go to it.
Speaker 5: Right, So anyway, that's kind of what happened.
Speaker 2: I read something, you know, social media. Yeah, it said that he's had he's been habitually late for me.
Speaker 6: That's been going that's been going around.
Speaker 4: Is that true?
Speaker 6: Well, no one reported it till then, right, and I don't know that he's been habitually was That's one of those things, all right, he's my son.
Speaker 4: Read to me.
Speaker 2: I didn't even ask who the source was. Yeah, yeah, so I was one. I want you to address that as well.
Speaker 6: So you're not sure about that, Yeah, but I've heard I've heard that circulating. So so anyway, we'll see where it goes forward. My antennas went up when they said that was well, they didn't want him to play, and they're thinking maybe on Monday they can trade them, so they didn't want a chance getting them hurt.
Speaker 5: But I was told you, no, you're dead wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so anyway, that would not be the reason. But McCarthy did say something about Monday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they'll dress Yeah, and readdress it and see where they're at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well see where we're at Monday something like that. That's what is what he said, and there is speculation that Okay, if he's you know, discontented here and he wants a move, then there is a trade deadline letching tomorrow.
Speaker 6: But you heard what Dak said when he had to address it, and he called it a mutual decision, right, So there was two sides to him not playing right.
Speaker 4: We got a little catcha versy going.
Speaker 3: On here and it could be a mutual decision going forward, going forward, yeah too.
Speaker 5: Just let me let me go.
Speaker 3: So all right, that's that's what's going to be interesting the next twenty four hours to see what plays out on this.
Speaker 2: It's a good distraction from us sucking the little things. Bags, the little things.
Speaker 3: You spend so much time on social media.
Speaker 4: No, my son spends time. Okay, you you see these little stuff at the TV. He's shig me up. Did you see this.
Speaker 5: Let's start what he said on.
Speaker 6: Let's start with the fourth and one at forty four in the round. Okay, Jet sweet I had written down that they had eight guys in the box and the cowboys tried to run the jet suite and obviously the linebacker stops it for minus.
Speaker 5: A good call though to me, right, I.
Speaker 3: Think it's a good call if if that linebacker's not there, it's.
Speaker 4: A touchdown, right.
Speaker 6: So anyway, so they get the ball at the forty seven five plays fifty.
Speaker 5: Three yards a touchdown.
Speaker 6: And if you remember the play and I it was a fourth and three and the thirty six and Hooker and Overshown are on the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 5: And they're blitzing.
Speaker 6: Okay, they had three wide receivers bunched to the right, Robinson and Pitts to the left, and at the snap, Lewis and Carson.
Speaker 5: Were on the three with the three wide receivers. Diggs was off like five yards. Yeah, he didn't know where.
Speaker 6: Getting out there, right, And he was five yards off the line of scrimmat that well at the snap.
Speaker 5: At the snap, at the snap they're two wide receivers.
Speaker 6: Hodge and McLeod went straight at the Lewis and Carson right there was contact and for some reason, instead of Digs going over the top to get Mooney who was going around the cluster, he went right into it.
Speaker 5: Right now, I don't know where. And I and after last week, I don't know what a pick play is anymore. And Mooney.
Speaker 6: The one wide receiver I think it was Hodge, he ran into Lewis right, and he put his hands up in the air like, oh, he just ran into me. Well, no, you ran into him. And so all of a sudden here comes Mooney all the way around and.
Speaker 5: He and got nobody covering them.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 4: Greg also was great.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was analyzing that he was and he I mean what just as an aside, I love listening to Greg call games. I mean, he is a tremendous insight. And what he was talking about on that when you see you got four on three, one of those guys is going to be blitzing. Okay, and one of those guys blitzed, and Cousins saw it. He saw that Diggs was confused, and he motioned, hurry up, got this, basically telling them we're running this, and they run the wheel route with Mooney and he was It was as wide open as a player.
Speaker 4: It wasn't a difficult play at all.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a McCarthy said.
Speaker 6: He pointed out that they they were they shouldn't have been that close on the line of scrimmage. They should have backed off the other two uh dbs. I disagree because they were too they.
Speaker 2: Got ithuld established who's got who they did.
Speaker 4: I thought they did exactly what they should have done.
Speaker 2: It allowed them to establish who's god who, because if you back off, then you have a whole bunch of stuff going on, and you still have Trayvon coming over late.
Speaker 5: But they're still in man.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm talking about, So stay in man.
Speaker 5: Well will you play zone?
Speaker 6: And it's like, I got the guy that goes outside, I got the guy that goes up the middle.
Speaker 2: When you when you when you have two guys in bunch on the line of scream it well three at that time I think it was it was three.
Speaker 4: It was three. You have to establish two guys being on two receivers.
Speaker 2: You gotta lock it in so they are what they did when they came off the line, scrimmage all of this that that doesn't matter, hands up over. I know that that had nothing to do with anything. It had nothing to do with the outcome of the play itself. But to me, you have to establish the fact that I got him, you got him, this guy come.
Speaker 6: But if the crisscross run into each other, yeah.
Speaker 4: That's fine too.
Speaker 2: If they crisscross the running teach other their own self, them their own selves. You understand what I'm saying, they would create their own problems. So they're not going to do all of that.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be hard to say, well, I'm gonna end up crisscrossing and they're gonna be confused. No, you might get jacked up by him. You might get jacked up by him.
Speaker 2: The problem that you have, and it shouldn't have been a problem, is that that wide receiver established himself right away where.
Speaker 5: He was going right.
Speaker 2: There was no secret. He was full spread almost right. You could see the guy talking about hurry up. So when you came around, all Digs gotta do is you just.
Speaker 5: Said it should have gone over over the top.
Speaker 4: It wasn't located at all.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, the route that he took through the guys, he still would have been beaten if he got through, because he would have been out flanked already, and he.
Speaker 5: And Mooney was going to get through.
Speaker 3: Mooney was then. Mooney was probably as surprised as anybody that Diggs didn't go over the top on it right, and that he was so wide open there. He probably assumed then that's why he had to get out there fast. That's why cousins, let's go, And that's why he got out there fast and thought that he was gonna it was gonna be a competing competitive situation him getting that pass.
Speaker 4: That should have been a really an easy play to make it a result.
Speaker 2: As fast as Diggs is, we know how athletic he is, you don't need to deal with these guys.
Speaker 4: That was vision. That had nothing to do with ability. That was vision.
Speaker 2: For some reason he chose to go through. Clearly, that is not the place to go if you're going to if you if you have no help over the top, then you need to be over the top. If he stops out there on the sideline, and let's say that he just kind of settles himself right there on the sideline, then Digg's problem would be to go over the guys and still be inside of that man.
Speaker 4: You can't let him outflank, you know, it be deeper than that.
Speaker 3: Ult made it sound like this is obvious football one oh one. When you got four guys over there and then one guy is going to come on the corner blitz and so how quickly even as confused as Trayvon was late getting out. There should be should you be able to pick up over the.
Speaker 4: Top, No matter, you have no safety and he.
Speaker 5: Was already over the top. Who Diggs when he started off? He was off the for some reason, I know, I know, so now know where that came from.
Speaker 2: It's like it says if he saw him check up. He didn't check up. He never broke down. No, he sprinted the entire time, talking about the wide receiver.
Speaker 6: Yes, because mood, because they were all on the line of scrimmage together.
Speaker 3: He had four three speed.
Speaker 2: But well then you better haul ass. I mean, there's no need in playing short. You gotta play deep. You gotta play off the top on the guy.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 6: So now it's fourteen to three, right and they get to halftime.
Speaker 5: They score a touchdown on Donal's bibble bible, catch it on and lay it on it.
Speaker 4: Make it so hard, man, that was I was really good en upset at that time. Why are you making it so hard? The ball wasn't thrown on. Just catch the dog on ball on the dramas over.
Speaker 3: I mean, so, but how about that da Yeah, getting around.
Speaker 4: The dude, that's why it Hampster fourteen fourteen to ten. Right, it shouldn't loosened nothing, bro, No, he wasn't ready for all of that.
Speaker 5: Okay, fourteen ten, fourteen and a half, feeling out good?
Speaker 6: All right, the third quarter, you're getting the ball to start.
Speaker 3: Right, you're getting the ball to start the third quarter. It's fourteen ten. In fact, first time you got the ball last week against San Francisco, you had just fallen behind thirteen to ten, right, all right, because we were then it was and then it was a three passes and the third pass was an interception and to stock over at the thirty two yard line, and they okay, so what happened here this week?
Speaker 6: So this one, the Cowboys get the ball, end up with a false start again.
Speaker 5: Terrence Steele.
Speaker 6: They get to fourth and two at the thirty eight and it's like, okay, you got a punt.
Speaker 5: Well, they didn't punt. They had a fake punt on Oh my god. And I'm thinking, what.
Speaker 3: Did you forget about that?
Speaker 4: Mooney?
Speaker 3: And then all when I.
Speaker 6: Saw it line what happened? I'm thinking, well, he's so worried about his defense.
Speaker 5: They needed to steal a possession.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I get that, but it was still fourteen to ten and Anger gets the snap and never looked, just through the ball right and the dB.
Speaker 4: It don't matter, No, it's a it was.
Speaker 5: I got it.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 5: They brought him.
Speaker 6: They brought him up off the practice squad, Natron Brooks, Brooks.
Speaker 5: He was playing for that. He didn't back off. He was like in man coverage, right, And so when I saw it.
Speaker 6: And Goodwin gets tied up and he goes down and I'm going, well, that's past interference. It's like, no, there's no pass interference on special teams, right, because he's not a designated wide receiver.
Speaker 4: He's stopping the gunner.
Speaker 6: Yes, and so to me, and I think somebody told me Nate was all pissed off about it, that the up guy. Yes, Nate and Fisco needed to call it off because they saw that guy was not bailing to go downfield to block. And Goodwin told me afterwards that the guy came to him they were talking and he goes, I knew what you're going to do, and he was waiting for it because he was right there. Uh, And he said he was playing the cover too, So basically, go get your guy because we got coverage over them.
Speaker 4: Well, the the cover to the top would be the return man right right, so he's always there for support.
Speaker 5: So that backfires. You give him the ball at the thirty eight yard.
Speaker 3: You basically did what Dak did last week with throw an interception right and you turn the ball over.
Speaker 4: Let's let's let's not proceed from.
Speaker 6: The no no, because we got to finish this because this comes up to the pass rush that I was telling you about.
Speaker 5: So they end up with McLeod going in motion, cuts through.
Speaker 6: The middle of the two other wide receivers, cuts all the way across the field left to right, and Donovan Wilson can't keep up. The play took six seconds.
Speaker 5: He had that much time in.
Speaker 6: The pocket at least four right to wait for him to clear all the way across, and he throws a touchdown wide open guy and now suddenly fourteen ten is now twenty one ten, just like that. So you had two things kind of went wrong. You didn't get a pass rush, and you failed on the fake punt.
Speaker 2: To me, once again, it's all about matchups. Okay, First of all, the punt, the fake punt, that was one of the worst calls ever because let's just say, if the cornerback did not know that there was coming. You still have a man on a gun. That man is still attached to that gun at all times. You're gonna jack him up all the way down the field. That is not the play to run there. That's a hard pass for a quarterback to make. You're gonna ask a punter to make that pass. That's too much of a risk.
Speaker 5: From pass from then the pass was good, but.
Speaker 4: It's not yeah, because the receiver ain't there either. He fell down, yeah, but because he ain't a receiver.
Speaker 3: What happened to the old adage that McCarthy's talked about in the press conference last week that a good possession is one that ends in a kick, an extra point, a field goal, or a punt.
Speaker 5: Good one Bill.
Speaker 2: And and for them to even try that, to assume that he's going to be open. He's not a wide receiver, that's just all. He's not a quarterback. Why would you even try something like that. You have to do something in the interior or something. These guys are on the beat and it was two yards. Stop me, please stop me, because now now here's the.
Speaker 3: Only needed two yards, but the past was thirty yards.
Speaker 4: What is going on?
Speaker 5: Here's the kicker.
Speaker 6: So you get the ball back right, you're down twenty one to ten, you drive to midfield, and that's when they incurred the fourth and one at the forty nine. Too many men in the huddle, and now you got a punt, so they were moving right. They ended up well, they ended up. They got that twelve yard past to Tobert. They were first and ten at.
Speaker 5: The forty two, and I got too much to complain. You know, we can too many men in the huddle.
Speaker 4: I got okay, read my stuff, man.
Speaker 5: Chances are you maybe picked that up.
Speaker 2: I'm still fussing about Donovan Wilson act like he's never seen the damn dog on wide receiver before. Uh Man, you gotta match up as a safety. You have to sometimes anticipate what's going on. That was not a difficult route to cover. He faded too far inside. You only have so much responsibility back there. That wide receiver was the only one he had to look at. And yes, that was a long time your rightspags. That was a long time for him to have to cover. But the wide receiver took a long time to get to you. Because it was made that way, he was able to almost a deception right to.
Speaker 4: The left and then came back and through to his right. So it's gonna take some time.
Speaker 2: That had to take some time, but as a safety you also have to understand that you have time. But he played it almost as if it was man to man inside when you should have been really playing him straight up.
Speaker 4: There are times when, yes, the scheme may not work well for you spags.
Speaker 2: But as an individual player, you know what a route looks like, and no way he should have taken that fake inside. I'm sorry he should have been able to play that better. I've seen Dallavan Wilson play better. I don't know what's going on with him this year. I've seen him play so much better. I don't know what's going on, but his head is not in the game mentally.
Speaker 5: Pass coverage is not his forte.
Speaker 4: Well, then we don't get me started on that. Then somebody needs to have fourtel around here.
Speaker 3: We continue with more mixed shots, just allmar.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor the National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 10: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gearing enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 5: For some epic tailgates.
Speaker 10: But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster canholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved.
Speaker 4: On the side.
Speaker 10: Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and Crypto once. That's why I trust Blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Scott keeps it slides with a first.
Speaker 7: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Perfect throw My goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 4: Star and talk ex's and o's with me Everson Wallas.
Speaker 2: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today to vic Shuts, witness the biggest boxing event in modern history at Netflix and MVPs. Paul Versus Tyson and Taylor Versus Serrano head to at and T Stadium on Friday, November fifteenth as international superstar Jake Paul takes on the Baddest man on the planet Mike Tyson and don't Miss Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano's long Away to rematch for the undisputed super Lightweight Championship. Limited tickets are available now at seat geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's time for a mixshot. Yes, So here we go.
Speaker 6: They're down twenty one ten, they're driving. It's third and ten at the thirty nine yard line, and it's like, all right, we got to play here. That's gonna work and uh, Dak's gonna basically run a tight end screen to his right. Good call, by the way, if it had worked, like if it got blocked.
Speaker 4: Oh, we had like three we had three plays and where you can say that exactly going right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And unfortunately Ferguson, who was the intended receiver, was supposed to at least chip u right, and he didn't do it. He got in a hurry to get out there. So here comes this guy bearing down on Dak. Zach Martin gets beat up the middle, and Dak's just got to after as Bill pointed out, he had already strained his.
Speaker 5: Hamstring on the previous part.
Speaker 6: Cleavers play the completion to well. They had had a completion to Brooks.
Speaker 5: Right before that.
Speaker 4: That was weird. Yeah, that was so weird.
Speaker 5: And so all he has to do is chip him and then go out.
Speaker 6: Well he just kind of I don't even he elbowed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he kind of busted, and so he's open, but Dak's not got time. He tries to throw it to go here, right, and it came up five yards short.
Speaker 4: Well I thought they got knocked it down. Well maybe he got a piece because tried to here and the guy was like, he just kind of slapt.
Speaker 6: And so if you get that first down and he's going to gain twenty yards, at least you got a chance to score a touchdown instead of settling. And that happens, and it's like, God, can you make one more mistake like that?
Speaker 4: Did you see what Dak was? It was a hell of a call. A little bit upset out there, did you see that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean I've always seen him just kind of have this looking will addressed this when we get to the sideline when he got upset, But yeah, he was. It was a couple of plays where he got upset, and I think that was one of them.
Speaker 6: And so since they don't score there, then the next possession, they marched right down the field, kind of run on the Cowboys and all of a sudden, now it's twenty seven.
Speaker 2: That was a play where Dak almost threw an interception. He threw it too high to throw it behind and too high to Ferguson.
Speaker 4: Remember that, Yeah, yeah, I think Ferguson was supposed to check up and not continue.
Speaker 5: Going and kept going.
Speaker 4: And that's one one play when Dak was very very very upset.
Speaker 3: About uh was it a completion? The first was complete?
Speaker 4: He was, he was because I think and it was.
Speaker 2: It happened again on another tight end, and Osen pointed that out the tight ends are running into coverage against in the zone, running into coverage. Well, I think Ferguson did the same thing, because that's why Dak threw it here, as opposed to throwing at what Ferguson wanted. You're going into the zone. There was another defender there, So I'm sit down. And that was twice, I don't I think that was.
Speaker 6: That the one that Ford kind of got in the way, spawned for it.
Speaker 4: It was just bounced all over the place. Yes, yeah, yeah, And but Ferguson tried to make a great catch, but it was too high and.
Speaker 6: Too high behind him, and here we are three and five.
Speaker 4: I just never seen him. Uh you were reading his lips. He was pretty pissed off.
Speaker 12: About Philadelphia on the Horizon trade deadline, and I could It's probably just me, but Philly just doesn't scare me.
Speaker 5: Okay, but to Atlanta did scare me. They got their own.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all we all felt that we had a chance to win. This truly had a chance.
Speaker 5: They did too.
Speaker 6: Dak even said it afterwards. Yeah, he goes up, this was set up for us what we got.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's breaking news. Ian Rapaport, and this is make sure before I say anything. Twelve forty two pm. Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott's hamstring injury was worse than initially feared. He is expected to miss multiple weeks, sources tell me, and Tom Pelasero in fact, this is not looking like a short term injury.
Speaker 6: So it's Tom Pelissaro because he's.
Speaker 3: In let's see, says well, Pelissaro is basically the same thing, expected to miss multiple weeks because of the hamstring injury suffered.
Speaker 5: So going up them stairs wasn't a good test?
Speaker 3: Huh, No, wasn't. He didn't he needed to have him run up the steps.
Speaker 5: Right in his right hand.
Speaker 4: So there you have it.
Speaker 3: At least the news didn't break after we signed it.
Speaker 5: Normally does good thing.
Speaker 3: We went along right, okay?
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: The Lapp report goes on to say he will get a second opinion, but he's out multiple weeks and it could be more.
Speaker 5: What so he's got a torn him torn?
Speaker 4: Well, when you throw a ball and pain.
Speaker 5: It's on NFL network right now. Oh no, he's talking about Alan getting fired.
Speaker 4: All right, So that does it.
Speaker 5: Well, we got a lot to talk about tomorrow.
Speaker 4: It's such a great show.
Speaker 3: Jerry sounded optimistic that something could be in the works. Stephen did too, that something could be in the works.
Speaker 5: I was going to ask one last question. What could they pick up to turn this around?
Speaker 4: What could they pick?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: What in a trade? In a trade position?
Speaker 2: If you just without all the you know, the details that you know of, I'd be going for somebody in the trenches.
Speaker 4: That's just me. Defense, Yeah, defensive lineman, defense line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's sitting there watching the Indianapolis Colt yesterday and went that DeForest Buckner and Grover Stewart, I mean the you know Indianapolis doesn't have that much going on elsewhere, but it's one of the strengths of their team and why they're able to be at five hundred or wherever they are without a lot of buzz about them whatever. And if you can get guys like now, there aren't you can't get guys like that. At the trade deadline, I thought they were signed one of those guys in Jordan Phillips, to at least stem the tide for a little bit.
Speaker 4: That's what it was supposed to, you know.
Speaker 3: So anyway, Yeah, because if you look at they've been taking shots on these veteran guys, from Jordan Phillips to Lynnville Joseph to try to shore up that interior.
Speaker 4: And so what are they doing?
Speaker 3: Are they still Lemble's playing? You know, but he's thirty six years oh and Phillips has been on are inactive And for the risk it was a risk, yes, yeah, he wasn't aware of it, but yeah, it was a risk.
Speaker 5: So they played what and we gotta go on? What do you mean they played?
Speaker 3: They played?
Speaker 5: They played the veterans that you talked about.
Speaker 6: They picked up Lynnville Joseph, They picked.
Speaker 5: Up Watkins, Carlos Watkins, each of them.
Speaker 6: Had one tackle, and the top five guys in tackles were not a defensive.
Speaker 3: One, and a scoomaker played one snap. Yester, Yes, all right. That does it for Mixed Shots. Can't wait to talk about all the trades tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Here mix Shots, Oh Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.