Speaker 1: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft King sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, plan for the right to advance in a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Vegas. If it is your first time, here's something special just for you. New Draft Kings customers bet five dollars, get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. If your bet wins. Score big with Draft King sports Book, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sports Book app. Use the code Bobby Sports. That's the code, one word Bobby Sports for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins when you bet only five dollars only on Draft Kings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called whin Interer Gambler in New York eight seven seventy Hoping Wire takes home one of four six sethty six nine and Connecticut help Us available for problem gambling Collite at eight seventy nine seven seven seven seven of business CCPG do or please be responsiblely, I'll be happy. Boudo Casina Resort, Kansas, twenty one plus eh in. Eligibility varies by your astiction, boyding Ontariolonis BET's expire one hundred and sixty eight hours up the issue with traditional terms responsible gave me resources See DKG dot coastlts B ball.
Speaker 1: It's a podcast called twenty five whists stuck in Football and they are were a whist So yeah, it's too bad, but what did you expect.
Speaker 2: It's a podcast called twenty five whistles wine please.
Speaker 1: So I have this weird thing where I have to go do a photo shoot after this, and so it's for a TV pilot, and a pilot means we'll end up just shooting the pilot. It'll never get picked up, that's the nature of it. You do one hundred of them. If one gets picked up, that's great, But it does have a chance to get picked up, yes, and somebody is financing it so they believe it has a shot. So but I'm doing I'm not shooting the pilot today. I'm shooting the art, which is the pictures that they then build the art on for the pilot today.
Speaker 3: That's cool, man, It's fine.
Speaker 1: I hate doing pictures because then I have my suit here it's a macar and they were like, wear full black suit, black tied, black shirt, whatever. And we run so tight just in general because it's morning show. Would you count down? I got commercials to do, we're doing whistles. I'm like a planning but we're within like two minutes at all times. I would rarely go to the bathroom because oh I empty out before I get here, and so we're so tight up to get to this shoot coming up. It starts like an hour. I've had no lunch and it's lunchtime, So I say, do I need to grab lunch ahead of time? It doesn't matter what the answer is. If it's yes, we got to place at the bottom of the building only five minutes early, go grab something to eat. Head over. If it's no, that means I'll have food there, but I need to know what kind of food. I'm a bit vaky with my food. And he says snacks here and sandwiches. Here's my problem. Most stop making sandwiches and put in condiments on them, put them on the side. I haven't haven't asked yet, but if I get a sandwich and mayonnaise on it, I'm out. I will not eat a single thing. I will Sally Struggles will have me in a commercial going for eighteen cents a month, you can pay, have Bobby fed. I'll be I will never eat again if it has mayonnaise on it.
Speaker 3: Just mayonnaise is like mustard.
Speaker 1: You're cool with it, Yeah, but just don't do any Yeah, mustard would be fine. Listen, I hate onions if I can pick them off. If you put mayonnaise on a sandwich, it kills, it's dead. I will ruin. I will not eat. So I have to text back now because I just got this and say.
Speaker 4: It's their mayonnaise.
Speaker 3: Do they have Oh man, this might make you sound a little Beyonce.
Speaker 1: No, I don't care because it's my guy.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I thought this was just the photoshoot people.
Speaker 1: No, this is tom Lord.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 1: They're setting it all up ahead of ye Yeah, I thought you were talking like the photographer. I won't even look at them, and I'll get my own no prob l mk boom when people order and again, this happens at a lot of offices sometimes there are office order sandwiches, no condiments, put them on the side. Everybody. Everybody is fine with that because if they're the option to have condiments, you can put them on. But you're eliminating so many people that will not. Even if you put mustard on it, don't put it in any condiments.
Speaker 4: Because I hate mustard. I'm like that with mustard.
Speaker 1: No way, And you know what, I respect that. I think that's terrible of you, but I respect it well.
Speaker 4: Likewise, what the man is?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How do you eat a corn dog? Dude?
Speaker 6: Cat?
Speaker 1: I want just one by it, one throat. Oh he doesn't need any comments, it makes sense. He always like a pill. He takes like a pill. Oh, like a advilt.
Speaker 4: Don't even chew it?
Speaker 3: Help slinging corn dogs?
Speaker 1: All right on down? Hey, fun story. The Carolina Panthers are favorite for the first time since twenty twenty two favorite football in a football game. Oh my good, that's what's that?
Speaker 3: They're playing the Cowboys?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah good.
Speaker 1: So here we are Friday, December thirteenth, twenty twenty four, and for the first time since Week fifteen of the twenty twenty two season, the Carolina Panthers are favor to win the game. Look at that. The Panthers are favored to win. They're three and ten. They're playing the Cowboys. They're five and eight. The Panthers are a two point favorite at home against the Cowboys. Big steps fromward and backward. Yeah, but you I know you want to win the last game because if you'd won the last game, you'd.
Speaker 3: Kind of been Oh, we would have been a huge favor here.
Speaker 1: No, you'd have been almost back in the mix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'd be alive.
Speaker 1: And I told you that, And oh, you've been anti Cowboys.
Speaker 3: I told you though. Atmatically we had a chance to go in the playoffs, and now we can't because somebody decided to touch the ball that he knew he shouldn't have touched the ball.
Speaker 1: We're not allowing you to do this. I've been fighting for the Cowboys a whole time. You quit on them weeks ago, So we're not doing that. You told us, I've said, they've still been alive. They could go nine and eight, still make it in. No, we're not allowing it. You hate your own team.
Speaker 3: I don't hate my own team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like on that show. I hate my own race. When they do like MTV and it's like that that's a show. Yeah, it was like a version of the show like I hate my race, and they do specials on people that were, like, my goodness, whatever race they were, they hated their own race. That's you. Yeah, your race is the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And you became My race is the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: That's pretty acturate, right, Yeah, but the Panthers are a favorite, which pretty crazy. I got this ball. I want to show you something. So this is the basketball first, the dumbest thing and kind of cool. So Tiffany and Company, you know when you go to the mall at the expensive jewelry store, Yes, it's all. I guess it's not just with them all. I guess they have really big basketballs now too. They make like really expensive other things. And you could google some of them who knew they made basketballs? But I looked it up. Kevin tell us how much a Tiffany. It's Tiffany blue, like the color of their logo. And I've ever only see Tiffany's at the mall, maybe a big one, but it's actually a really big, nice jewelry store. I think that stands alone in the major cities, like in New York. Yeah, but I don't know. I can see at them all a Tiffany basketball and it says Tiffany and Co. New York since eighteen thirty seven. It's the color of their logo.
Speaker 3: That that heal.
Speaker 1: Yeah good, I'm good with colors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got to a.
Speaker 1: Tiffany basketball by itself goes four.
Speaker 4: I see on eBay three hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Look for a new one that's way that's way too cheap, and that's probably auction.
Speaker 4: Everywhere. Nine to seventy five.
Speaker 1: That's about what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So this is just the basketball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and its supposed to be like a flex to have one. So it's like I got Motifany basketball PI thousand bucks for it. Dumbest thing. You should never pay for Tiffany basketball. But if you show up to the park with that thing, no no respect the opposite, what are you trying to flex? So I saw this, and at times you can get lucky on these auction sites that I'm on because people will list them and they go the auction turns off at two in the morning or three thirty in the morning, and it happen to be up. They don't time out the auction, right, so nobody's bidding on it because nobody's awake. So I see a Tiffany basketball and that alone does not make me go I'd like to have it. But then on the other side, it's two autographs on the Tiffany basketball.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, is it what I think?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know you're thinking, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson's he made it worse. But yes, I saw them, Michael, It's it's Magic Johnson and Larry Bird. I mean those are the rival because that yes, Larry Bird versus Magic Johnson. They Celtics and Lakers eighty forty five and eighty seven NBA Finals toy played against each other. So I got this ball, which is stupid balls, like a thousand bucks just to get us ball signed by either one of them, five six feve hundred bucks. But I got this whole thing for like four hundred dollars. Wow, because they went off at two in the morning. So I have a stand for I'm gonna keep it on my desk so if anybody ever sees, like, wow, I was really buying five that because I could probably sell this for a few thousand bucks. Now I'm not going to. But they're like, Bobby's really little for that.
Speaker 3: Let me help you with dow. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I see a few of those on here too.
Speaker 7: Look at that.
Speaker 1: If you're they're like, man as well, don't tell them, just tell them. Yeah, he's really living it up. He probably probably ten grand for that.
Speaker 3: Say that pretty huh, that's really cool?
Speaker 1: Pretty cool? Yeah, I need to put it on the camera. But got that brought that in?
Speaker 3: Oh you want me to put in the front, I'll put in the front.
Speaker 1: So it's some camera for net.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: I don't have a market soall wall, but if you put it next to it, it's going to like all off. I can't have a wapper jobs.
Speaker 4: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, wait, I don't like it. I like my Nolan, Richard and Bough up front. But we'll keep it up there. Yeah, there's that. We're going to talk to Arizona State hid football coach Kenny Dillingham in a second, which, by the way, I think he's thirty four, Is that right? Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: I just don't understand Daling, Like, how do you well?
Speaker 1: His story too. He heard himself playing high school football, then started coaching on the high school team, then went to college and started like volunteer gaing into college. So he started way way young. Yeah, like he started young, eventually worked his way all the way out. Was Memphis offensive coordinator at Oregon under Dan Lanning took the job.
Speaker 3: I think unfairly everyone would see you as like, oh, he's just a young kid. Well, yeah, he's smart.
Speaker 1: They do. I'm sure they did a lot.
Speaker 3: And then and then he just goes to that head coach physician and he's in the playoffs. Like that's freaking awesome.
Speaker 1: This takes one person to believe. But again, he got Unfortunately, he got started early, meaning at the time it was unfortunate that he had to stop playing ball, but he was able to use that, I would say for me fortunately, Like I started doing this when I was seventeen, eighteen years old, much younger than other people. You know, most people don't even it started to like their early twenties, especially when it was like radio. But we were podcasting immediately. Podcasting had just started, and there will be all these articles like oh, whiz kid pot was twenty five and we were crushing it in one city in Austin, but we were podcasting everything, and they're like whiz kid wasn't I was a whiz kid. I was just twenty five, so I was doing things I was already doing. But most people in that profession, at that position, they weren't doing those things. There were forties and fifties, so they weren't podcasting because they weren't doing that in their real life, and they were looking at it like, no regular radio is there to stay? Why do I care if somebody down? So I would be complimented all the time, like, man, you're so ahead of the curve, and in my outwardly I was like, yeah, it's tough, and the genie was good, But inwardly it was only that I happened to be young and was living that and would just take the things that I was living and put it into work. It was fortunate that I started very early doing switching out a CD on the weekends, right, and then from that didn't I I did weekend nights and nights and very small towns and cities. But I started so early that I was always the youngest at what I did for a long time. And a bit of this is that version of the story too, because even with his style, like it's young he's able to communicate with the players differently, and people are like, wow, he does it. He just does it like he does it like he does a normal life, and people are going, why he's doing it all this new way. He's really thought it out. But I think that's just part of who he is as a person and how he interacts with people his age. So it comes across different. It hits a bit different everybody who's used to seeing it one way. That's because most coaches are forties and fifty sixty seventies, you know. Yeah, so it's all a way a good time. It took a second, I think for him to understand that style, our style. Yeah, And I think he's doing a decent amount of press now because get it while you can get it. Everybody wants to talk to Arizona State. I think I was like, first question to ask h I was like, hey, you got a little place to eat at it. It wasn't like we never asked him about his age, and I'm sure everybody does that.
Speaker 3: I mean, we know how old he is, why ask him about it?
Speaker 1: It was like when we talk to Jerry Rice's sun and never asked about Jerry Rice. He'd be like, that's first time anybody's ever did interview not asked about Jerry Rice.
Speaker 8: You think that they're on edge, like when are they gonna ask it? When are they gonna know it's coming?
Speaker 4: It's coming? You know, you almost like wait for it edge.
Speaker 1: No, do they have the expectation of it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Do they know it's probably part of it? Yeah? Sure, Like I know if I'm going to do an interview, they're and I don't mind talking about it all the time, but they're if it's not a country music and they're always going to ask about Dancing with the Stars, Yeah, And I don't always want to talk about Dancing with the Stars. There are certain parts of it that are fun for me to talk about. But I know if it's like an LA thing, they're gonna be like former Dancing with the Stars champion, and they'll ask about some element of it or somebody who and I just kind of get through it. Or if there's a controversy in country music. Those are the ones I get a little worried about because sometimes they'll lure you in and then be like, hey, so Morgan Wallin, you know what I do now? New trick to anybody who is ever in a situation where someone's interviewing you or you Eddie asked me a question. Let's make up a scenario. Philip Johnson, say, Philip Johnson he rumored to have done some really bad things. Yeah, but only ask that question after he asked me a music question. So right, everybody, I'm on entertainment tonight. I'm doing a thing. Oh, thanks for having me. What's up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, bones, what's your favorite song right now?
Speaker 1: I like the co Wetzel song high Road really good. And he just played on the show. Like him and I have become, you know, not great friends, but we're pretty good friends. Good guy, really good singer.
Speaker 3: Jim Jonson was his name? I forgot. Yeah, yeah, tell me about what's going on with Jim Johnson. I mean he's gotten some trouble lately. Like, what's your whole thought about that? All that? Okay, So.
Speaker 1: I will just stare. I will say nothing, because they can use nothing if you give them anything, especially if they don't tell me it's happening. If I know, like, hey, we're going to ask you about this, and then I still agree to do it, I'm fine to answer whatever question you want, or even if I have a great answer for it. But they try to sneak attack me with something, so then get a headline or a click. That is what I do, and you just stare. Dude, I just look at it and I don't go. I can't hear you. I will just hold the gaze.
Speaker 4: Do you hold without blinking?
Speaker 1: Like do you stare out games like a sorry, you must have not have heard me, I said Jim Johnson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder if they'd say that. They'd say that, and that looks like our signal may be off.
Speaker 1: Bobby.
Speaker 3: We can't hear what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Bobby, are you okay?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 3: I'm good, okay, Wow, okay, moving on.
Speaker 1: If you give them nothing, they can use nothing.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I also don't do written interviews anymore because there's no tone for nuance. They can really slice and dice it however they want. There are times I'd write things and they I'd see it. Well, man, I said that, but I was joking like it's a tone, and it's so with him. We have we definitely have a style, and I think it took him a second to get our style and then he was awesome. Oh yeah, But at first they think it was like, what.
Speaker 4: The he he left the guard down a little bit and you're like, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, the guard definitely came down a couple other things here.
Speaker 3: And that's when we got in with an age question.
Speaker 1: Ekidding, you're so young, so what's like, how'd you do it? So Eddie said about the Cowboys or is that over what sad means? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not sad anymore. I mean the game was very like, very rollercoaster rid ish, and I couldn't believe what was happening. And then when it ended the way it did, I was like, well, that's of course that's how it ends. Like that's how the Cowboys do things.
Speaker 1: We'll do a quick check in kick off Kevin with the Patriots.
Speaker 8: Sure beautiful, We're having a great season. Drake may is the man. The only thing and it's pretty big is Drawed Mayo that I'm questioning. If you watch the games, you'll see just there's some coaching styles and you're like, dude, what are you doing? He just kind of looks lost out there, doesn't show any emotion, which is fine, but it's like, you got to get in the game and there's a lot of penalties, a lot of mistakes just so they look like a badly coach football team.
Speaker 1: The no emotion thing is funny because if you're winning, the no emotion thing is awesome. You're like, nothing affects him. He's dial Dan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, very Belichick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're Belichick, cool, Yeah, But when you're losing, it's like he doesn't care. It's the same thing with the coach with the big personality, Like you love a guy he's all over the place when you're winning, but when you're losing, you're like, well, maybe if it's such an idiot all the time he focused on football.
Speaker 3: Mike mg Dan was Rex Ryane with the Jets.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's exactly that. How do you feel about the Belichick in North Carolina?
Speaker 4: It's weird.
Speaker 8: I think everyone feels like totally random. I didn't know about the ties way back in like the forties or something with his dad dad assistant coach.
Speaker 1: Though, yeah, I know what head coach. You hear they kind of searched for that tie. I don't think that was one where Belichick was like, I'm really doing this for.
Speaker 4: Because you know all about his dad coaching. I believe Navy or Army one of the two.
Speaker 3: You know all about that.
Speaker 4: We've heard that for years.
Speaker 8: So to me, it's almost like he's just taking this job for something new, a new challenge for whatever reason. Then his son's in the college game now, so maybe or he's definitely gonna bring his son and then maybe kind of set him up for something. So I think it's just a new challenge for him. It's kind of boring to me because it's North Carolina, which is a basketball school more than anything.
Speaker 1: That's why it's fun. But have twenty million bucks to spend an nil? This story makes me wish I had a dad, And I'm gonna tell you why, oh yeah, explain that It's not the only story ever that made me feel that way, But this story makes me wish I had a dad because part of the deal with Belichick taking this job is after two years, his son is the head coach in waiting. Yeah, so how cool would that be if my dad was just like he just showed up now today and he goes, hey, I'm gonna take the Kent State job. Like why haven't seen you in forever? Like we have no relationship, but what he saying, he goes, I'm gonna take Kent state job, but you can be the head coach in two years. Let's go, Hello, dad, I love your daddy.
Speaker 6: I like you.
Speaker 1: Yeah so yeah. So his son, according to reports, is the head coach in waiting. That was one of the stipulations after two years. The fact that Belichick had a four hundred page and I love the word manifesto because that's usually what unibombers is and murderers. Four hundred page manifesto on how to run the program and turn it into an NFL pipeline. Four hundred page and they're getting a bunch of money like twenty It's like he's not getting paid. I mean, he's gonna paid a lot for normal, but ten million bucks a year is not what you would expect Belichick to make because it's great, it's a fall time NFL head coach, but the twenty million for nil is where it's at. He doesn't really need the money.
Speaker 8: Imagine being like a kid's parent, like Eddie, your kid was old enough to get recruited and he walks in your living room, Like how cool would that be?
Speaker 3: Amazing? I mean, we wouldn't look at any other school you would if you would go to where the most money was you would, especially if your kid is not a for sure first rounder.
Speaker 1: This is going to be It's really cool to meet Bill Belichick. And Bill Belichick's gonna go after kids he thinks he can put in the NFL. There are going to be some guys the mid but no, you would go where the most money is. Really, yeah, of course you have. I feel like my son would be like, I don't know who this guy is. Whatever, it's fine.
Speaker 3: I would be like, mister Belichick, how do you like your state that you love that part?
Speaker 4: Mister Belichick, do you make anything of the whole? Like political? He hates the NFL politics now and that Ty didn't want to go back.
Speaker 1: Probably always hated the NFL politics, But doesn't he want to go back and break Shula's record? And he's like at their teenage, never away.
Speaker 4: I think fourteen games, I want to say, whoa I think?
Speaker 1: So that was what was the most surprising part to me was that he didn't go back because you're two mid seasons away from breaking the record, right, And obviously that's not the most important thing down because I think he would have got a job somewhere. Maybe it wasn't a job he thought he could win eight and six games.
Speaker 7: But like Cincinnati might be available for him, You know what I mean? You think he'd be able to get the wins with Joe Burrow.
Speaker 1: I don't think since that he's going to be available.
Speaker 7: You think Zach Taylor is going to stay?
Speaker 3: I do, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think they've had a very unfortunate personnel. They'll fire the DC yeah, god dah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the thing with Belichick too is and the oh just on the money thing. The people are like, man, I can't believe we're leaving our team. He must not love people just with darkeets all the time. They must not love the hog. We don't want people who love the hog. Hear you, Like, I understand what you're saying if this is twenty five years ago, But the culture now is you get to get paid. And if you're not a for sure NFL prospect, absolutely for sure, and even the ones that are pretty sure NFL prospects young are not for sure NFL prospects. If you're not a for sure NFL prospect, that could be the most money you ever make in your whole life those four years. Why you're not going to go to where you can make the most money you're ever gonna make in your whole life and set yourself up. It would be irresponsible not to check the portal every year to see what you can get. And I hate that people are leaving, and that part is annoying as a college football fan. But the rules are the rules, and until they fix it, I would live that this could be the most money they ever make in their entire life. And they're supposed to just like love the hog on the helmet. No, you get seven hundred thousand dollars because you can go to Ole Miss and you're getting one fifty at Arkansas. You supposed to stay because you love the helmet.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Arkansas then needs to figure out a way if, in their opinion, your worth seven hundred thousand to make seve hundred thousand. It's always been a business. It's a different business now. It's a bit more unregulated, but the regulations are coming. But for people that are like this is a joke that I thought they said they loved Arkansas, they loved the hog, or they love being a rebel they love Yeah, they probably did that year, and I'm not saying they only did it because of the money, but they would be irresponsible not to go, and it'd be like if you had one year contracts here and you for sure could stay here, and we're like, we love to you stay here for another year, come back, same salary, everything, and you never went and checked anywhere else else? Yeah, to go see am I worth more somewhere else now? And you can't do that. You have a contract multi years. I have a contract multi years, but they don't yet in college.
Speaker 3: I love the bones too, I love working for them.
Speaker 1: I love the bones on the helmet, on the helmet. But I would absolutely understand if you at the end of every of your one year contract, We're like, I think I'm gonna go and check out. But if you got in, you probably aren't coming back. But I would understand if you went somewhere else for more money. That's that that's capitalism.
Speaker 3: So back to like the deciding whether you go to a school for more money or play for Belichick? Is their value to playing for Belichick because there will be eyeballs on you.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's value, yes, absolutely, Like.
Speaker 3: Say you're not a million dollar prospect, but you are really really good and people will see you, you will be a starter, and they will see you you're not going to know.
Speaker 1: You're a starter, first of all, So I would remove that. Everything you're saying is true, but I would remove the you're going to be a starter, because if you're going to every correct you want to the freshman, you're probably not going to be a starter. They don't even recruit. How freshmen are being recruited, the five to four even the three star guys, it's like thirty percent of what it used to be. They all get recruited, but the focus now is the portal. Why would you not get an older guy that's played and has been proven more so, like the five star guys still go the Underwoods. That Flip Michigan is in Michigan. Now, those guys still making tons of money. But you're going, well, he's got to play. You're paying a bunch of money. He's got to play. So I've seen stories of high school kids that are like, I just got moved to my fourth star and I've had like four schools to reach out, or it's all mids.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you got to think the head coach isn't necessarily flying to each home anymore. It's someone else on the staff, a little lower ga, whoever it might be. Defensive guy instead of Belichick. Now it's going to be some kid that graduated from North Carolina two years ago.
Speaker 1: There is absolutely value. I'm playing for Bill Belichick. If your goal is to either a diehard North Carolina fan you'll make a little money because they're gonna pay a little money, or be you really want to go to the NFL and you want to get in that system because he says something like, hey, I believe that if you're in this system for a couple to few years, I can develop you to an NFL player like that. There's value in that if that is what your ultimate goal is. But also the understanding of that goal can be torn away at any time with an injury, you can. So there's value, but it's not pure value. It especially if you're a highly recruited kid that's gonna get paid. You should also be getting paid at North Carolina. You shouldn't just go because you're being compensated in Belichickians whatever currency that is. But it is gonna help. It's gonna bring eyeballs to the program. Look at Dean Sanders. Yeah, it's awesome for North Carolina.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and imagine being a GM in the NFL calling Belichick, Hey what about this kid?
Speaker 4: What do you think? Like, they're not gonna trust anyone else more than that.
Speaker 1: In so many ways, it's gonna help, but it is not going to be the absolute main deciding factor because these kids have four years, possibly five to make the most money that are Cam came raising twelve thirteen years.
Speaker 3: Dam I feel like I've seen Yeah, Cam's been flavor for ten years.
Speaker 1: So I do not fault anybody, even players on my own team that started for leaving. If someone's like, yeah, no, yeah, he's probably gonna go to All miss that sucks, and personally can be like that sucks for Meeks. I'm a razorback fan and I like Luke cause and he was almost a five star. I was like riding up that edge number one recruit at Oklahoma. I'd paid him money to do nil stuff. But if the market is and the game is every year, you get to reassess your value and you're not getting the value that you think you should, and you get value in different ways. You can just love living in Fatteville. If you're like, your girlfriend's there, your family's there, maybe you take a less Sometimes people like in the real world take a little less money to live somewhere.
Speaker 3: They like, stupid question, But do your credits transfer?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 5: What do I know?
Speaker 1: I'm sure most of it, you know what I mean? Like that I would assume and all my stuff.
Speaker 4: To Stanford.
Speaker 1: Probably, all right. Yeah, so the Belichick thinks cool. Yeah, it's it's cool and as in it's a new like it's fun to talk about. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I saw someone making a comparison. It was like when Nebraska was making a higher many years ago, there was this new young upstart from a G four and his name was Urban Meyer, and they didn't choose him. Instead, they went with Callahan, who had won a Super Bowl. And now it looks like North Carolina's gonna do the same thing with Belichick. And I'm like, Callahan and Belichick are not the same. No, they're not not the same. So the comparison, it's not even apples to oranges. It's apples to car tires.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so very different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's fun because it's something cool talk about.
Speaker 3: When does Kevin walk in with a UNC show?
Speaker 4: Oh good question.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well he's gotta be a bad Yeah, he's got a family's man.
Speaker 4: Eat day of the week. I'm gonna have a different team on.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about the parlay for a second. The twenty five whistles parlay. We're gonna do NFL this week.
Speaker 3: I do you can touch that game?
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like, why you guys can jump in on this one.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, let's do it.
Speaker 1: You can do one. Well, all three of us are do one. I'm looking at the whole slate here. By the way, if you want to take the twenty our Bustles parlay, check out Drafting Sports, but new users use the code Bobby Sports when you download the app. I suck at betting NFL. Like I feel confident any week I can go to college and go fifty five percent if my life depended on it. I suck at betting NFL. I'll go first, Chiefs minus four and a half at the Browns.
Speaker 4: Solid.
Speaker 1: It feels so solid that's probably stupid, I know, and.
Speaker 4: The Chiefs play every game type.
Speaker 1: So I'll go Chiefs minus four and a half at the Browns.
Speaker 8: Kevin, Yeah, I'm gonna go our hometown team here. They're barely hanging on. Bengals are playing well, So Bengals minus five tip, you're gonna go tight and.
Speaker 3: Heck no, dude, like whoa no, trying to make a lot of smiley faces. Okay, Edward, all right, So we're just gonna wait till the end of the day. So we'll watch y'all's game, see if they clear, and then we will wait for the big one. Seattle man just always proves us wrong. And they're still plus two and a half. They're at home against the Packers. I think we're going Seattle plus two and a half like that one.
Speaker 1: Taking a doggy dog.
Speaker 3: Let's go baby again.
Speaker 1: Take the twenty five whistles Parlay Drafting Sports Book. New users use the code Bobby Sports one word when you download the app. Boom, there you go. So now Big Twelve Coach of the Year at Arizona State, Kenny Dillingham. Sun Devils were picked finished last at the Big Twelve heading into the season. Not only did they win the conference, they also aren't a buy in the first round of college football playoff. Gotta be super busy, but I know it was a priority to talk to us. Yeah, he was rushed in you gotta do this that he was like, guys, I was right in the middle of an offensive meeting. We're changing it out, but I want to talk to you guys. First, we appreciate coach for coming on. This is awesome. Here he is Coach Kenny Dillingham, coach, thanks so much for the time. Here's my question for you to start off. Is there like a local eating establishment that that's like your place right now that you can go to?
Speaker 5: Uh, there's a lot cold beer and Cheeseburgers is one of them.
Speaker 1: That's the name of it, Cold beer and Cheeseburgers.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: Is it different to go there now? And that is why I asked this. Is it different to go there now as from six months ago?
Speaker 5: Even? Well, people are more excited?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean like for you, like you probably get a lot more like hey, coach, right, yeah, you get.
Speaker 5: Quite more hellos than you did when you're three and nine. I'll say that much.
Speaker 1: Do you walk around with a sharpie now?
Speaker 5: I do not? I do not.
Speaker 1: I mean because if I saw you, I'd be like, no, it's coach, heay sign. I don't even have anything to sign. The weirdest is and this will happen sometimes with me too, and they'll be like, hey, will you sign and they have nothing like my phone or the worst is their body part? You ever sign a body part?
Speaker 3: Coach?
Speaker 5: I have not.
Speaker 1: Okay, you'll be there soon enough. I got good feeling.
Speaker 5: Like you're legendary.
Speaker 1: Not yet, you'll be signing body parts like crazy. I got a great feeling about this coach. Okay, so here's my real question. You got two teams you could possibly play. How do you split up the work on scouting both teams? Do you do you split it amongst your staff or do you do them both?
Speaker 6: Uh? Well, you're do them both in terms of like overall breakdown. And then for us, we're really doing our own self scouts. So we're evaluating us and saying what we need to change in this next week and a half, and then once we get an opponent, we'll really dive into the opponent.
Speaker 5: Uh. Then, but we're really focused on us here these next ten days.
Speaker 1: Will you find things when you self scout that you're like, man, if somebody would have just noticed this about us, they really you would have found a vulnerability one under.
Speaker 3: Give me an example, you'll find thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's it's pretty There's some times that you look up and you're like, dang, Like we've been giving this away for two weeks.
Speaker 5: This is bad.
Speaker 1: You ever get one of those? And there was a story where I forget which quarterback it was, and they knew whenever his feet were not right beside each other, when they were one in front of the other, was going to be a run play. Or you don't, don't even give me an example, like specifically, but do you ever see that on film and you're so tipped off it could be an elbow? It could be and the whole game you're able to q in on that and it pays off big time.
Speaker 6: Oh, we're in a game this year where we knew runner pass every single play wow of the opponent, and uh, every play we knew it based off of some tendency that we caught watching the tape. And people think self scout is about like your schemes and what play you're calling and all that. To me, self scout is about making sure you're not giving way the tendencies of run pass, of a guard pulling of those types of things just as much as is what play you're calling.
Speaker 1: A few years ago, I hire two people that I respected that they don't work with me at all, to listen to because when the national show and I was like, listen to it, and if you were to launch a show against me, how would you beat me? And so they're not part of an organization, but I paid two different people. They did not know that I'd hired someone else, and I was like, give me every vulnerability you can possibly find, so if someone tries to do what I do, I've already got it covered. So when you say self scouting, I'm assuming it's your guys self scouting yourself. But will you bring in out We'll call it outside counsel to scout you as well, not as.
Speaker 5: Much, to be honest, because that's just not really what the industry is.
Speaker 6: We have some people that are in house that like we have a defensive guy who coach Gibbs, who's been a defense coordinator in college football, who works on our offensive side of the ball, just to do self scout and stuff like that. So it's almost like an internal audit. But we don't have somebody outside.
Speaker 5: Of the program do that.
Speaker 1: No, pretty good I did, though, I just gave it pretty good. I didn't. I uh huh, he did.
Speaker 5: Actually I may call some a few people right now, you know, I make call some people. Right, we've got ten days or nine days. They may as well create a game plan for us and then tell us what that game plan is.
Speaker 1: And if it's somebody that hates you, they'll even try harder. You know you yeah, liked find somebody from Arizona and be like, scout me, tell me how we suck, and then you know they're going to go extra hard.
Speaker 5: Coach, that's exactly right. So we may find some people out there.
Speaker 1: Growing up and then coaching there. It there is this. It's pretty cool, but it's also it can be it make me a bit nervous. I mean at TCU, we were hanging out with their basketball coach and you know, he played ball there and he was an All American there and he came back to be the head coach there, and he's like, Hey, there's a thing about coaching where you're from, because it's awesome when you're winning, but when you're not, it can be tough because this is like what you grew up loving and now they cannot love you back. And again, you're you're new to the situation here because you're having success and it's not like you've been there a long time. But is that something that you weighed when taking the job.
Speaker 5: Oh, not really. I just wanted to come home and do it at the place that I was passionate about. But that's spot on.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's so much more pressure when you want to be somewhere in this industry because you know, it's.
Speaker 5: Like you don't want to fail where you want to be, Like nobody wants to fail.
Speaker 6: But it's even bigger when like you're failing and the people you're failing are the people that you went to elementary school with, in middle school with, in college with, and high school with, and you grew up with their families. Like, so it's a little bit more I would say personal when you do it at home.
Speaker 1: Do you get a lot of people from like school that are like, hey, coach, we had friends forever and they really have them and your friend forever, but you knew them and now they're like friends again because you're winning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I went into more people that are like, hey, great to see again. I'm like, he went to what like middle school together and I think we spoke twice. Yeah, yeah, great to see you.
Speaker 1: I mean it's awesome for me that ends up being cousins, cousins that I really don't know that I had, and they're like, Hey, I'm your cousin. I'm from Arkansas, so we're all related somehow. But they're like, I'm your cousin. Can I get tickets to something? That's the tough one for me. I bet growing up where you're playing there you get that all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my mom's from Arkansas, so there you go.
Speaker 1: My cousin. I bet she's my cousin. Yeah, yeah, no doubt. So I like to talk about a few of the guys that you worked under, because again have relationships with some of them, like Gus Malason and Gush just went to Florida State to be the offensive coordinator there, Like what because Gus a quirky guy? What about Gus? Do you think you have taken or you learned in that situation?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I definitely took. The leadership council.
Speaker 6: He had a group of guys that were his leadership counsel that he would meet with basically weekly and go through basically the state of the program, what the guys are thinking, all that type of stuff. Do we need to practice harder, practice less? This kid's going through problems. He's just not going to tell you and I really felt like that allowed him to have a grasp of his program, the culture of the program at a really high level. And we've taken that here, and I've taken a lot of those principles and applied to them.
Speaker 1: What about Coach Lanning Coach Landing?
Speaker 6: Just the genuine intensity, you know, I've known coach Landing. Coach Landing came to my wedding, no nonsense. I was a high school coach, and I took some practice structures from him from a defensive perspective.
Speaker 5: I had only worked for offensive.
Speaker 6: Coaches really, so I stole some of his defensive practice structures and then the intensity of the work and all aspects of it.
Speaker 1: When you're an offensive guy in you roc up at Oregon and you come down to Arizona State, and again, like you said, you've been an offensive guy. Is it a constant? Because I'm sure you're always wanting to develop and grow offensively, But again you're a little behind defensively because that hasn't been your specialty. Are you learning defense as you go? Do you have your guys in to kind of teach you some of the fundamental things that maybe you didn't know because you haven't experienced it at the level that you have offensively, and is that constant.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a great question. So I definitely learn the schemes of the schemes. So if you're a good offense coordinator, you should understand defensive schemes and schematics and how things fit and how things work and how they should go together and who should cover what and all that.
Speaker 5: It's definitely what the ladder of what you.
Speaker 6: Just said, the fundamentals and the techniques and the nuances of the defense. So in terms of like, oh, I always thought this defensive end always did blank. Now it's a reaction based off what the offensive player does. So I'm learning more of the of the nuances and the fundamentals from the defense side of the ball. But the schematics, in my opinion, is ying and yang. When you're talking offensive and defense. Good coordinators have to know both schematics. So definitely learning the fundamentals at a higher rate.
Speaker 1: Now you've had a year with the innhelmet. Communication thoughts on it, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I love it. I think it's great for the game.
Speaker 6: It's great for I mean coaches to be able to communicate when they feel like they have a tendency on somebody and they can change a call, you know, with twenty seconds left in the play clock.
Speaker 5: I think it's great, coach.
Speaker 3: How many comp tickets do you get for the playoffs game?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: Like, can you invite all your family plus a bunch of friends?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: To be honest, I'll be honest. I do football my life does everything else? Like I would not have lights that turn on at my house without my wife, So I just do football. Does she texts my family more than I text my family in season? Like she's the one updating people Like I literally would not be a functional human without her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the story is you hurt yourself in high school. We start coaching high scho Were you good enough as a high school player, though, to play college ball before the injury?
Speaker 6: Heck?
Speaker 1: No, okay you me. Everybody says that, coach, But seriously, you could all all honesty on the table. You were not gonna play college ball. You did not think you could do it?
Speaker 6: I mean not, maybe you know, maybe I could have No, No, I'd be lying. I'm five to nine, I'm an athletic. Uh, I've had like five knee surgeries now I've torn both my Betel attendants on my left knee and my right knee, which supposedly never happens, like I was not meant to play.
Speaker 5: I was meant to coach.
Speaker 1: You think genetically you just have bad buttell attendance or do you think you just or do you think you just walk funny? Because I get the same callouses on the same side of my feet, because I think I walk a little funny. Which one is it?
Speaker 6: I mean, I think it's both. I don't jeans and then I just think something's wrong with my knees. I still go out there and try to hoop and play basketball. You know all got a mean euro step, but uh whatever. Once in a while, you know, my buddy just says, you know, no soup for you, and it gives up.
Speaker 1: All right, we have three final questions for you before the season started. Obviously, you guys are picked last. We've we've heard that a bunch. Did you know maybe we're not we're gonna win the conference? I mean, I'm not saying you knew you'd win the conference, but did you know you would be better than what they thought you would be going into the season.
Speaker 5: Yes, I knew that. I knew our guys were wired right, and I knew we had the talent.
Speaker 1: What do your players say about you when you're not around? What do you think?
Speaker 5: That's a goofy dude? Man coaches the guy. Now, you got to keep it real with you. He gonna be honest with you. But he's a goofy dude, That's what I think.
Speaker 1: I don't know, though, have you used the same speech at halftime? The motivator or do you even motivate? A halftime is halftime mostly for let's let's fix scheme things, let's do uh, let's just correct things.
Speaker 5: It changes every halftime, different message.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: A few weeks ago, I was very animated at.
Speaker 6: Halftime this last week for the title game, I pretty much only said one play at a time, earn it like very calm.
Speaker 5: So I really just try to feel the vibe of the room and go off that.
Speaker 1: Do you hate when they have to stop you at halftime to answer the one question when it's always the same question.
Speaker 5: I actually don't.
Speaker 6: I don't mind people, and I mean thirty seconds, like, is that really going to affect if we win or lose the football game?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: I know other people act like, oh this thirty seconds is going to be the difference me sprinting into this locker room.
Speaker 5: It's not at all, So I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: Ir final one here regarding the twelve teen playoffs, just your general thoughts. I love it. I think it's the best thing the college football. The best part about college football is this and has been the best in the past fifteen years in my opinion as a coach. Love hate, I love it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I love competition, so this is just another way to compete.
Speaker 6: And you know, it's great to be in there and in this tournament, in the playoff with some of the blue bloods throughout the country. And I think that's what's the most exciting is you get to see Arizona State's brand and you get to see it with programs that have been one of the top the top programs in the country for twenty thirty, forty, fifty, sixty years and that's exciting.
Speaker 1: Well, and also you get a week off, which is great, but it's four more weeks for some of these teams if they make it, and we haven't seen that's unprecedented with the amount of games, and then the weeks to your players is like take care of yourselves a little more than you ever have, Like, what are you doing physically with these guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we gave them a full week off this week to get their body and really go home and this is a remarkable season.
Speaker 5: So go home. Let everybody tell you how good you are, Let everybody patch you on the back and do all that like good job, believable, unbelievable.
Speaker 6: And then when we get back on Sunday, let's get back to the truth, which is that people think we're the worst team in the issue of the playoffs, so we better get back to work unless we want to prove them right. We better get back to work. So this week, get your body right, get your mental right, and then let's show up Sunday. Let's face the harsh reality that a lot of people think that we still suck, and we got.
Speaker 5: To change that narrative.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's a music people think it's a US suck. I think people think Clemson kind of sucks. I don't think yes suck. I've watched a bunch of your games. I think people think it's like, oh, we didn't expect them to be here. They might kind of suck. I'm gona keep it real with the coach. I think most people, because you know you're insulated, most people think, holy crap, Scaddo is awesome. Wow, look at the offense. We missed out on a lot of the games because of what your West Coast time zone.
Speaker 3: That hurts.
Speaker 1: That hurts for you guys to be to be seen. But now I think people are starting to go these guys are actually pretty good and they're kind of fun to watch and obviously you're out of control, which is hilarious. I love it. Like when the crowd came on the field, like I was like, oh, that would be what I would do too if they came on early. But here's the one final final question. What is like your favorite charity or something that you work with? And you'll see why I'm asking this. What is your favorite charity that you work with that you're passionate about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Boys and Girls Club, just because it's fitting with kind of what I do professionally.
Speaker 5: It's just helping people kind of get to where they didn't think they could get to in life through sport.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's what I'm gonna do. I hate Texas. I mean I wish that the whole would open up right now and they'd suck in the hole. And I lived in Austin twelve years. Love Austin. Hate the Longhorns, can't. That's the worst color I've ever seen in my life. So I hope they get sucked in a hole time. Clemson I hate almost as much like those are the two tens. If you beat either one of them, I'm gonna give a thousand bucks to the organ to Boys and Girls Club where you are, just because I'm so happy you beat them, not Eve because you came on the show, Because I hate those teams so much it's gonna be worth it to me to see you beat them. There you go, that's the deal.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: And by the way, I'm not going to show my team the clip of you say good things a minute ago. I'm gonna keep that out of my presentation.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and here's the bad things.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: You guys are too small, too slow. Nobody believes in you, and that's what everybody's saying. Yes, all right, perfect, coach. I appreciate the time rooting for you, and I have a good next couple of weeks. You devils, all right, see coach? I saw this online from this account college sports only. They said, imagine January first of this year, twenty twenty four. Someone comes up to you. He's like, hey, come here man. You're like, what's up? This kind of weird because I'm gonna give you some secrets. You're never gonna believe this is gonna happen. But get ready. You're like, all right, And he says, Indiana football they're gonna be good. They're gonna be in the college football playoff. I'd be like, bullsh you lie Smu. It's gonna be a tight race between them in Alabama. That's funny, and the panel is gonna pick Smu. I'm walking off, Shut up, you idiot. Yes, Boise State in Arizona State, not only will they be in the playoffs, but there'll be two of the four eyes.
Speaker 3: M that's insane.
Speaker 1: Ohio State would have a legislator in their state try to make flag planting a felony. If you didn't see Yeah, there's somebody who's like it's like a like a sportsmanship rule. They're like, no planting flags in the field.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: Even the Ohio State people are like, that makes us look like such weaner. Yeah this guy, yes, what also come here, I got more secrets for you. I don't know, man, the scrap you already told me, I can't believe. But no, no, come on over. Nick saban is gonna be the funniest member of College Game Day.
Speaker 3: Funny Nick saban Is.
Speaker 1: He didn't say anything, trust me on this one. The two that I think are crazy is and I. Then you got to kind of be a cultural bal nerd for it to matter as much. But the fact that Scott Frost is going back to u CF because he was at UCF when they won their quote national championship. They didn't play in the national championship, but they won undefeated. They claimed the national championship.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then he went to Nebraska tore he played ball and he was like the prodigal prodigal sons coming home. They were pumped, yes, and didn't work out, so he got fired from Nebraska. But now he's going back to UCF, which is pretty crazy. Scott Frost is going back to the school that he went to before he could get to his main school. So it's always weird when someone goes back. No one of that. Rich Rodriguez going back to West Virginia, that's wild crazy, same thing rich Rod killed at West Virginia. Yeah, the Pat White Yes, yeah, And you'll never believe this, But what's up. I gotta go, man, I got I gotta get to work. And I got two more secrets for you, all right, Bill Belichick, Yeah, he'll be coaching Carolina the Panthers. Wow, that's what North Carol North Carolina Tar Hills. You're drunk, are you? Okay, well I'm gonna go ahead and go. Let me give you one more.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: There was a team last year that most wanted all and they were someone say they were cheated. They're gonna have a big year this year. Not Florida State's gonna go too and ten because of a dog poop curse? Well, what's the dog poop curse? A guy will claim he will eat a cup full of dog crap if they lose, and will not eat the dog crab, and they will lose every game after basically the end, and then and then he walks away. I'll be like, none of that's happenings exactly that crazy.
Speaker 3: Year, Crazy year. I didn't even throw that vand who was going to be a pretty good team and they beat Alabama and they beat Alabama.
Speaker 1: Which leads to the thing I had loaded up next SEC coach of the Year coach Clark Lee.
Speaker 3: Awesome, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: I will clap it up.
Speaker 4: That's our guy.
Speaker 1: You know your program has been terrible if you go six and six and only coach of the year. But yeah, that the first time you be a top five team, and like, you know, decades, first time to Alabama, decades, maybe first time ever to be a top five team, but I know Alabama was like forty years something like that. Yeah, we love coach Clarkleys the coach of the year.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, Super happy for him. And then I was reading about the Burlsworth Trophy, and so that goes to the nation's top walk on, who now is not a walk on, who's a scholarship player, but at one point he walked on, but it went to Bryce Boucher. I think, say say his last tame I watching them play Oorgon. He began his creer as a walk on when coach Lanning took over the team. He leads the Duck now with eighty seven tackles and forty five solo tackles. Like he's like the guy, he's a walk on. Yeah, which is pretty cool. Baker Mayfield walk on twice.
Speaker 8: By the way, Remember when Bryce was in the weight room when we were there, he was he got drafted when we were he got the call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he got drafted MLB.
Speaker 1: Oh wait that was yeah, that was a call. He was waiting on the call and he got the call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when we were working out, and he started going crazy, Right, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got drafted.
Speaker 4: He's like an outfielder, I think.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Is uh Burls Tropy School? Yeah, uh named after our Arkansas got Brandon Burlsworth.
Speaker 3: I've seen the move the Greater Yeah, graters like pops up. I've never seen it though. It is it good?
Speaker 1: They say it's good. I won't watch it.
Speaker 4: I watched it a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 3: I want you watch because I.
Speaker 1: Hear from people that like know him, and I've worked a lot with the Berls, both the foundation and his brother and stuff, that it is a I think it's a really good movie, but I think there are some liberties taking to make it sweet and wholesome. Yeah, Hollywood, Yeah, and that's great And I'm not hating out at all. I just I know the story. I mean, walked on, became an All American, was drafted by the Colts, got a call wreck and die before Dan, you know, but was a walk on. But yeah, Baker was a walk on twice, which is crazy because he walked on it Tech.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: And then he moved to Oklahoma. Wasn't even on the team left Tech just moved there and was like, I'd like to become play and they were like, are you even enrolled here?
Speaker 3: It's like, Rudy, you don't even come to school here.
Speaker 1: It gets on the team, sits behind Kyler, I think for a year. I think that because they've had so many in a row, I know. And then we came back to back and then won a heisman. Yeah, Kyler on the Heisman, then Baker who walked on twice. Baker on the Heisman.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, I thought that was cool. Those are the things I had there. Kaitlyn Clark Win's Athlete of the Year.
Speaker 3: Good for her.
Speaker 1: She's the greatest athlete, my favorite athlete right now period. There's not a lot of talk on her because she's getting good. No, we won't overexpose, but she's awesome and I hope she crushes it again in a year two and we'll probably go up there and do some stuff. Oh, that'll be cool, that'd be cool. The entire college football team could endo the transfer portal over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what school is that?
Speaker 1: Well, McConaughey coaches it.
Speaker 3: McConaughey coaches. Oh Marshall. We are Marshall and Marshall. Yeah, yeah, there we go.
Speaker 1: So when the portal opened up, the list of players that threw their names of the ring, and every school was all over the place, but Marshall's. They could lose their entire roster to the portal after losing their coach twenty four hours to win in the Sunbelt Championship. Basically, the entire marsh football team is entering the portal. Could all those guys fall up too? Southern Miss Well, that's what Signetti had. A bit happened with James Madison, Like he took a bunch of his guys, but it wasn't for the same reason because their coach was fired.
Speaker 4: Oh was he fired?
Speaker 1: I think?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: Was he not?
Speaker 4: After losing?
Speaker 3: Like, how is the whole team?
Speaker 1: Maybe everybody can go individually, so the whole team can go.
Speaker 3: Yeah I know, but there's gotta be one person and be like, hey, a d I'll stay here.
Speaker 1: With Maybe he wasn't fired. I thought he was fired and they were all said he left his position. But to do what though, because if it's like to be.
Speaker 8: The coach at Southern Miss the head coach is that that's kind of a lateral, That's what I'm saying, Like, I feel like he was told that.
Speaker 1: That wasn't a you're getting a promotion type move.
Speaker 3: What do I know?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Crap, a couple of the final things. It's take a break, Mike. I got a couple of things to do. The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft King sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday plan for the right to advance in a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Vegas. If it is your first time, here's something special just for you. New Draft Kings customers bet five dollars, get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. If your bet wins score big with Draft King sports Book Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings sports Book app. Use the code Bobby Sports. That's the code one word Bobby Sports for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins when you bet only five dollars only on Draft Kings, the crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called win in a gamble in New York eight seven seventy Hoping Wire takes home one at four six seventy six nine and Connecticut helps available for problem gambling collit at eight seventy nine seven seven seven seven or buses CCPG do or please pay responsibly. I'll be half a Boudo Casina Resort, Kansas twenty one plus eh in. Eligibility varies by jurisdiction voiding Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours through. She was traditional terms responsible gaming resources, the DKNG Duck Coastlets b ball.
Speaker 1: So there was this side by side of Cam Rising, who he mentioned earlier, who played many years at Utah. So it has another season in college.
Speaker 3: Oh he's got one.
Speaker 1: He got hurt again. That's crazy him and Trevor Lawrence side by side. So in twenty seventeen, Trevor Lawrence senior year at Cartersville High School, Cam Rising senior year at Newbury Park High School. Trevor Lawrence, Cam Rising same year high school senior.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's crazy. So at the same age.
Speaker 1: Twenty eighteen, Trevor Lawrence goes to Clemson. Twenty eighteen, Cam Rising goes to the University of Texas. Wow, twenty nineteen Clemson, twenty twenty Clemson for Trevor Lawrence, Jacksonville Jaguars. He's been there for four years, signed a big deal, be there for many many more. Cam Rising has played at Utah for one, two, four, five, six, six years. Ever, like probably another one.
Speaker 4: That's insane.
Speaker 3: Are they the same age though, or is it kind of like?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, I mean high school seniors, so I'm sure they're like six months apart or something.
Speaker 3: Well they hold people back now, so okay.
Speaker 8: But even one year on the year, Yeah, I would say, Kim Rising looks forty when he was like twenty.
Speaker 1: So and we shall rap with Oh, by the way, the Simpsons thing wasn't that good.
Speaker 3: It was not good.
Speaker 4: I didn't watch any of it.
Speaker 3: I watched about five minutes of it.
Speaker 1: And I love the Simpsons.
Speaker 3: I mean, I thought it was cool that Homer through the past. You know, they're like ceed land, like that's cool when they do little stuff like that. But even like my kids were there and they were just like that, can we go to the real game?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't as good as when they did the like the Toys Story, the Boys story. What was the other one?
Speaker 3: You said, the Slime one?
Speaker 1: Oh, that was like an old Yeah that was one. Two. They had the real that one had real players, right, but they had the like Nate Burrolson commentating, but they would do like effects like slime, and so that's cool. Yeah, So the Toy Story story.
Speaker 8: Was like, yeah, I watched a little of that one like two years ago. Maybe I just love the slinky as the yard Markers, that was cool.
Speaker 1: Had all the characters, that's cool. Has had like randoms, but then occasionally a Simpsons character and you knew in the Simps character like when Lisa got in because you made a heck of a play on the sideline a one point. How you supposed to know is yeah, like some of them, you didn't. They weren't like real characters. They were just like, oh so you knew when like a real character got in because it was a couple of minutes behind that player is about to do something.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, yeah that ruins it.
Speaker 3: I think at one point Ralph was like Micah Parsons.
Speaker 1: But it's also like the kids that are enjoying it are gambling and are upset to this two minutes behind. Right, It's not like us, we're upset. It's two minutes behind. Yeah, uh quickly. One game in college Army Navy, that'll be fun. But NFL preview, because I want to pick one game, be like this is the one to bet because again on the parlays, I get a little overwhelmed we're getting it. The one I'm gonna go heavily on will be the Chiefs and the Browns. When I put in mind, Chiefs and Browns play interesting game, fair Bengals of Titans. Bengals, if they keep winning, Listen, they're they're like six percent something like that. They have that they don't really have chance, but they're still mathematically in it. I think Pittsburgh's got to there's there's gotta be a lot of losing but it's fun because they score a lot of points, like the Bengals offense scores. Jamar Chase is awesome, Joe Burrow awesome. If they were winning, Joe Burrow will be the MVP. Yeah, because he's killing everybody in every statistical category, throwing mostly because he has to go. Commanders and Saints don't really care. But the Commanders need to bounce that game because you know they started off and it was like, for sure Rookie of the Year. I'm still I got all my money on bo Nicks because I put like one hundred bucks on him when it's like seven grand if he wins a Rookie of the Year. And so he's not the favorite. I think he was a second.
Speaker 3: Daniels is still the favorite.
Speaker 1: Daniels still Nicks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ravens and Giants nobody cares. Ravens will kill him. Cowboys and Panthers are interesting because well Panthers favored first time ever love but skill Bryce Young? Could you imagine hilarious? Well, they fight with they fire MacArthur.
Speaker 3: Immediately after that. What's funny is like you see the stress of McCarthy now, like the whole season, they'd make a mistake and McCarthy be like, that's right, that's okay, that's okay. Now he's throwing F bomb.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 4: Mike is walking off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jefs and Jaguars is not interesting.
Speaker 7: It's interesting for draft get know order and stuff like that for the Jets, So let's go Jacks for you.
Speaker 1: For me, like, what game am I going to be on on on Sunday ticket if you want to go to that game?
Speaker 3: Prety cheap.
Speaker 1: Dolphins technics is a semi intereresting because Dolphins are still ishy in the mix. Yeah, and Texans they have not continued the momentum they started with, So I think that's pretty good. Get both those. The teams didn't win their game Colt Broncos. That's big for playoffs, it is big. Yeah, and I think they which team was it? The Bengals need the Broncos to lose out? Okay, so that's even big in that because there's not about the four games left. Yes, yeah, yeah, so I think the But I want the Broncos to win because I need bo Knicks true to hit me that Rookie of the Year. That's that's a good that's one we like. That's a fun one. Bills and Lions. That's a good one. Now we're talking Now we're talking Steelers and Eagles. Now we're talking Patriots at Cardinals. Oh yeah, nobody cares. That's Bucks and Chargers mid mid care mid care and Packers and Seahawks' mid to slightly above mid care. Yeah. But with the real three games here are the Bills and the Lions, the Steelers and the Eagles. If I had to pick one more, I don't know, the Dolphins and the Texans. Probably because those teams are still kind of fighting. Both of those teams can make a move and that would be a big win for either one of the teams. Yeah, all right, I'm it, I'm it, and I'm done. Thank you to coach. Coming on.
Speaker 4: Do you ever get that Mannaise?
Speaker 1: Oh dude?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what's the update on that?
Speaker 1: Great question?
Speaker 3: Call Kevin? Thanks, bring it back around.
Speaker 1: Let me know what you want. I can just uber eat something you might be more comfortable with. I'm already here. They do have a variety from Panera. They have egg sandwich garden Ovo and egg white at Chibata, cheese steak at Chipotle, Chicken, and Avo melt a chicken bacon rancher a toasted Frontaga chicken, toasted garden caprizy and some salad greens.
Speaker 3: Hey, can we go to this.
Speaker 1: Is your time getting here? Still realistic? Come as soon as you can. Let me know. I didn't respond because we kept doing the show and now I'm just like getting blown up. Let me know if there's some order from if why I let me know if there's something. Hold on finishing.
Speaker 3: He's like, he's not answering.
Speaker 1: Okay, he sees the bubble now because I'm riding finishing recording whistles. Edie's about to blow the whistle.
Speaker 3: I'm about to I got it ready and Eddie go and blow it and I'm blowing it.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. All Right, we'll see you guys Monday. Have a good Hey, we hit you last week. Chiefs minus four get it while they getting's good?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: By Everybody? Theme song written by Bobby Bones That's Me and performed by Brandon Ray. Follow Brandon on socials at Brandon Ray Music. You can follow the show on Instagram at Bobby Bone Sports. Thanks to our crew co host at Producer Ready, Segment producer at Kickoff, Kevin video producer at Redrberry an executive producer at Mike Distro. But most importantly, thank you for listening. I'm Bobby Bones. We'll talk to you next time here on twenty five whistles