Speaker 1: Good morning, keeps, and welcome to WOK a f daily with Meet your Girl Danielle Moody. Recording from the Home Bunker. Folks, So happy Woke Wednesday. I hope that you enjoyed, first of all, the content that we rolled out last week and a lot of the interviews that we had each and every day, you know, some legal folks and conversations politicos and some of our faves while it was out on vacation. But I gotta tell you, I just have like some reflections of where the news cycle is right now and just where my mind is right now on this Woke Wednesday one. I honestly just I don't get it in terms of mainstream media and their desire to try and humanize Ron DeSantis. I don't get NBC News and Nightline deciding to do this long form interview with DeSantis and his wife, right his wife that has been rolled out because the man doesn't know how to laugh, eat pizza, talk to children, talk to people, talk to reporters, talk to anyone. And so his wife is his secret weapon. And I just want us to think about the role that conservative, Republican, racist white women have played throughout history in this country. We oftentimes talk about the slaveholder, right, the master, the man. We don't often talk about the woman, the mistress of the house, the one that perpetuated the violence that she saw right, The way in which white women have weaponized their femininity and their whiteness to the extent that would have black men lynched, beaten, tortured, set a fire right like hung It is just so you look at this, and what I realized as we watch this DeSantis reboot for the thirty fifth time since he's announced his presidency, is that white women are consistently used to soften white supremacy. You look at the Moms for Liberty, right, which are the modern day daughters of the Confederacy that rewrote the story of the Civil War. Oh, it wasn't about slavery and the ability to own people and have forced labor for free in order to you know, in order to elevate the wealth of white slave holder ripe and in order to continue to have agriculture be the major output. That it was because of forced slave labor. Oh, no, it was it was. It was a rebellion. It was a story about states rights. It was whatever it was that they decided to reimagine their reality. So it's not new what white Republican racist women are doing now versus what they did in the twentieth century, the nineteenth century, the eighteenth century, and so on and so forth. It's the same shit. Right, So when you look at DeSantis's wife, and I honestly, Casey DeSantis makes me sick in so many fucking ways, right, like, so many ways. And when I look at her and how even the reporters in that interview, you know, what does it mean? And all of these things, and she's emoting and you know, has forcible tears and all of this bullshit. I'm just like, you're a performer. You're a craven, power hungry person, right, who knows how to work inside of this white supremacist, patriarchal fucking web that is the Republican Party, because you would probably do better running on your own ticket, right, which would probably be a disaster for Democrats, because there is nothing that this country eats up more than the softening the feminization of white supremacy. Right. Then you have names like a Mom's for liberty, right, you have things that are you know, uh, telling women other women, telling women, oh, don't go into professions, just have babies, marry the right man. Look, you don't want to be called one of those feminists, right, You don't want to be thinking for yourself. You don't need bodily autonomy. So they roll out these soft faces, you know, literally putting lipstick on a pig and sending them out. Who do I blame for the latest incarnation of white Republican racist women, John McCain. Had he never introduced the fucking world to Sarah Palin and her six pack Joe and her like around the way type of folksism, a lot of this shit we wouldn't be seeing. It wouldn't have become a part of just everyday lexicon and Republican culture, and so well, you know again, this story has kind of been sticking with me as Rohn DeSantis has just fired his campaign manager. The man announced like two and a half three months ago. We've been speculating on his run for the presidency for a while, But when you think about how many fucking reboots this bullshit campaign has been through, it's like, give up the ghost. You have to be asked point blank whether or not Donald Trump won the election.
Speaker 2: Oh, of course he did holda la la right, Like, okay, you have to be asked to explain your thoughts on slavery again, which you clearly bumble.
Speaker 1: Actually you don't bumble, because what you said is how you feel. Enslaved people who were raped and tortured and hung and abused and maimed right and murdered. Oh, but they learned skills. It was really a jobs program. It was an internship, if you will. What you fail to know because you don't believe in learning history, you fucking puppet of a man, Ron de Santis, is that those black people, those enslaved African people, came with skills right because they were already part of community. They weren't just a bunch of empty headed like I don't know animals roaming around West Africa and South Abuna. They were people, brothers, sisters, mothers, aunts, cousins, friends, weavers, farmers, right blacks men like they had roles and jobs, and you stole them from their communities. So they didn't learn skills during slavery. They actually brought those skills with them and were forced to utilize those skills for free. But again, I don't expect white reporters to follow up with questions that like would actually have this motherfucker look as stupid as he fucking sounds. So that's like it with my thoughts on DeSantis right now. I would really just like this motherfucker to go away.
Speaker 3: I really would you have Greg Abbott in Texas who is just as bad as Ron DeSantis, but like just can't seem to I guess Garner the amount of the tension and headlines.
Speaker 1: So it's just like he tries to one up him with his cruelty. So apparently come to find out, which I did not know, but I want to share with all of you, and maybe you did know. Do you know that people in prison have to pay for water, so the water that they get like let's say a cup of tap water. We know that we don't have basic apartment buildings and communities right like in Jackson or Flint with good running water, right, so we think that prisons have them, so they have to pay for bottled water. Now, we know that there have been prisoners that have been dying, just as there have been people who are not prisoned in Texas that have been dying because a fucking state in some areas has reached like over one hundred and twenty degrees climate change, but you know, we don't talk about that in Texas. So now grab that Gabbott. Not only did he this summer pass legislation that would make it okay to deny workers, construction workers, field workers, whatever, water breaks in one hundred and plus degree weather, but now in prison people, he's gonna raise the price of bottled water on them. It's like, you can't make this shit up, right, Like if you were to think about I don't know, like a Bond movie in creating the next villain, It's like, you could not create this right, Like it's just absurd. The lack of humanity, empathy, compassion towards anybody is just wild to me. Like these people, these people that are in charge, they are really the true animals. They are the app I mean, they are devoid of compassion, empathy, heart, spirit, right morals values. So this is the kind of legislation that he's passing. As well as Texas is being taken to task this week on their abortion band being unconstitutional and two fucking extreme. The case is being brought by a number of women who were already mothers who needed medical interventions because their babies were going to be born with half a skull or dead or what have you. And we listen to some of those women provide testimony before Congress and they're suing the state. So instead of doing things to actually help people, whether it is in Florida or it is in Texas, these fucking governors are like, what is the next cruel thing that we can imagine and then let's institute it. It's fucking insane, is what it is. And I'm just like, the messaging against Republicans is actually really easy. There is no compassionate Remember when George W. Bush had come out with like what was it the compassionate conservative or whatever it was that he was offering, as he's like, tagline that doesn't exist. It's the cruel conservative. Cruelty is the point, and that's all you need to message. And what I find really interesting as we're as we're you know, we're watching an election play out, and by the time that you guys listen to this, we may know the outcome in Ohio with the Republicans trying to change the constitution because there are enough votes to enshrine abortion into the constitution, and so now Republicans not listening to the will of the people in Ohio are now trying to change the Constitution and make any amendment require sixty votes as opposed to a simple majority, which is fifty plus one. And this is all about abortion. Abortion is not specifically on the ballot in Ohio that they are voting on as I'm recording this, but that is the goal. And what I think is really interesting is that you are finding that white folks now who may have felt themselves to be neutral. Oh, you know, I'm socially you know, liberal, but fiscally conservative, know all that bullshit language that allows you, as Martin Luther King used to warn us, to be neutral in the face of injustice, right, is that they're like, wait a minute, So it's not just black and brown people whose votes you're trying to suppress and whose voices you're trying to silence, Like, it's ours too, And so now all of a sudden, folks are just like whoa whah, whoah, whah whah. Maybe all Republicans going a little too fucking far now, Mind you, this same group of people has been doing this for decades upon decades, centuries upon centuries. If you really want to get into the history of it, but when it comes to abortion, which also affects said white woman. Now all of a sudden, these folks are waking up and starting to say, oh, no, I have a voice. This is a democracy, and you know, if the people at the majority say that they want to enshrine abortion access into our constitution, then we should rock with it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So they are starting to see very clearly Martin Neamuhler's poem. First they come for right. First they come for the queer people. But I'm not queer, so I don't say anything. Then they come for the black people, but I'm not black, so I don't say anything. Then they come for the Latino people, the Asian people, the Indigenous people. I don't say anything, right, and then they come for me. This is the situation that we are beginning to find ourselves in. And if I'm doing the messaging for the Democratic Party, that's what I'm talking about. I'm saying, oh, so, first they come for queer books, Then they come for books written by and for black people and black culture. Then it's Asian Americans, and it's this. Then it's curtailing what you can talk about, where you can say it, what you can read, how you can think that is about as anti American and as anti democratic as you can possibly be. Who does that serve? Right? So it was all finding good when you all are hating the same people, but recognize that they will turn on you too, and I think that that is what folks are starting to get hip to and to recognize. So we'll see how things turn out in Ohio and whether or not. As you know, mainstream media loves to say whether it's a bell weather for what is going to happen in twenty twenty four, Like does American want fascism that we seem to be feeding to them, you know, like ice cream little by little. And I'm just like, if the media actually did their job, maybe they would be raising an alarm and not just doing softball interviews with one of the main fascists, Ron de Santis and his fascist wife. But these are the same people, right, same industry that interviewed Hitler about the long walks he liked to take and put him in the Home and Gardens section at the same time that he was putting Jewish people on trains to gas chambers. That's what the mainstream media did. What is old is new again? Just like the child labor laws that Sarah Huckabee Sanders just passed right that allows for child labor. Don't need any papers, don't need anything, and we're seeing young people die at these factories, get caught in machines that they shouldn't be operating. We fought against child labor for decades, and now they are smiling while they're signing legislation again. Because guess what, it's not their fucking kids or their grandkids that are the ones that are going to be forced to work, right, It's going to be the ones that no one is paying attention to, the ones that need to help provide for their families, and so nobody's going to be looking out for their protection, for their well being. It's just you know this, You know. There's also to this obsession with the Oppenheimheimer movie Oppenheimer. I didn't see it. I'm not really interested at all. I know that it's supposed to be good and the acting is supposed to be great, but I'm just like, I'm not interested in the story. And the reason why I'm not interested in stories because the Hollywood version, like most things, is a lie. There was no empty land that this testing of nuclear weapons was happening. It was indigenous land. People were living, their communities, tribes were living there, and they forced them out, gave them twenty four hours notice. And the packs physical emotional, mental impacts of that explosion had never been paid out by the United States. And so Hollywood makes a story and says, oh, look, there was nobody here, just the same way that what Rick Scott said a couple of years ago. Oh, when the ships came, there was nobody in America. Was just an empty parking lot. Apparently, No, there was just no one you cared about that was here. It's just like, you know, the more you learn, the more you just your stomach turns. You know. It's I don't know how any president really talks about America being the greatest country. And I know that they have to, but it's just like, how do you honestly, you can't possibly believe that, right, Like, can't possibly believe it when you are going to other countries and you're seeing their infrastructure, you're seeing universal health care, you're seeing their treatment of workers. You're seeing other countries that are industrialized that have a month off in the everyone has a month off in the summer that people have healthcare people have, you know, bullet trains and clean streets and you know, and look out for one another. You can't possibly look at that as you travel this globe and come back and say, but America is the greatest place. How I'm not saying it's the worst, but it's sure as fuck is not the best. Not when you, as a black person, can be shot in your car for rolling through a stop sign, or if you've stopped at the stop sign and the cop just doesn't give a fuck that day, right, Not if you can guesstimate the life expectancy of an entire community based on their income tax. It just, you know, folks like it just doesn't make sense to then turn around and say, but where the greatest, the greatest? At what exploitation? I just you know, sometimes I look at this country and I look at its leaders, and I think, imagine having the power, the wealth and the access to do good for so many and just choosing not to give a fuck that the greed and the power is just that's just all consuming, that you've lost all eyes on humanity, on the collective. No, when I think about America these days, and I tell you all, I'm in the midst almost finished with reading Bell Hooks All about Love, which is an incredible, an incredible piece of work because you realize that like she talks about love in terms of so many different forms, but really like in the body politic and how you can't possibly have capitalism and center love at the same time. There's just no way. They're contradictory.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: One is about over consumption, materialism and greed, making sure that there is a class that is always going to be at the bottom. Right, Like, you can create a compassionate society because capitalism, just like democracy, was made the fuck up by a group of people in a room, So why is it so inconceivable for us to design something better? So when people sit around and they're just like, well, there's nothing that we can do, Like this is the way that it was, It wasn't always the fucking way. And it's just like the more you know, you have the ability to do things better, except there's an entire party, you know, in thirty percent of the population that doesn't want better for the whole, So you need to air that shit out.
Speaker 2: Ugh.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'm just like it doesn't have to be this hard, It truly doesn't. It doesn't have to be this hard. We have more resources, more access to information. But I believe that we are living in a time of more greed than I think we've ever seen. Tell me if I'm wrong, get at me on the socials. Is this time that we're living in greedier than any other time? I feel like it. I feel like the wealth gap is so obscene in comparison to where it has been. I don't know, y'all, but you know, sometimes I take these breaks and I come back and I'm super fired up, and I'm happy to be happy to be back, and I just like look around, and it's just how do you get yourself off of the hamster wheel? Right? Because it is this, it's this constant desire to have to consume, recognizing that we ain't leaving this world with it, right, So shouldn't everybody have some? Like imagine if the government was actually structured in a way where everyone had a basic income level, right, Like, there will always be those that do more what have you, but that basic income level so that food shelter, healthcare was covered. You're telling me we can't, we can't do that, right, Like we want to write articles about oh my god, the corporate real estate industry is taking a nosedive because people don't want to go back to work because people don't want to be fucking exploited. And what COVID opened up for those that were privileged to stay home is that I don't have to go into this cubicle. I don't have to go into this office to do this job. I can do this job, and I can cook dinner and make it for my family, and I can like fold laundry while I'm on this fucking call, right, Like, I can live a life. I don't have to be chained. So I'm like, we can't think about what a basic income level would look like so that people have their basic needs met, so that we can do away with homelessness, child poverty, food insecurity. Like, imagine if the people who were put in charge of our government came from a place of compassion. Oh, we don't have money for that. Bullshit, bullshit, we don't have money for that, and we fall for the fucking ropodope And it's a fucking lie. Oh if I had to suffer, then that person should suffer. That's not coming from a place of community and love. It's just like when you know better, fucking do better. These are the things that I'm ruminating on. I believe that we are at a really reaching, a really incredible tipping point APEX moment in our country, in our world, and I don't know, you know, like I say, sometimes things need to you know, you need to have a breakdown in order to have a breakthrough all of these strikes, the shift in working. You know, something's got to give, but it cannot be our mental health. That is it for me today, dear friends, on this woke Wednesday, Get at me on the broke down Twitter, which is x so whatever the fuck people are calling it now, I have no idea. I barely go on there. At me on threads. Get at me on Instagram at D two cent d E T W O c E N t F. If you are one of my fabulous patrons and you're watching this video, then get at me in the comments section and let me know what you are getting woke to this week. That is it for me today, dear friends. As always, power to the people and to all the people. Power, get woke and stay woke as fuck.