Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Hour two.
Speaker 2: On this Thursday, Dan and the Dan Ete Dan Patrick Show. We're taking off tomorrow on Valentine's Day because I love love and why not spend it with my wife. So we have a meat Thursday smoked Ribbi's salt crusted loaded baked potatoes. Who has it better than we?
Speaker 3: No body?
Speaker 2: Todd, you did have a poll question that had to do with Valentine's Day? Would you do like to give that to the audience?
Speaker 4: I would love to.
Speaker 5: All right, what is your significant other's expectations for Valentine's Day? The choices are a nice dinner out, cooking a meal for him or her, chocolates, flowers, an emotional card, something in that ilk, jewelry or other pricey gift, mind blowing relations in the bedroom, or nothing.
Speaker 3: Really, it's just a creative day on the calendar. You're not suddenly more in love with each other.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let you go first, Tod, what I hope for?
Speaker 3: What will happen?
Speaker 2: What will happen?
Speaker 3: What will happen to be? Nothing?
Speaker 5: Really, I would like the mind blowing relation to something I'd probably select.
Speaker 6: Yeahs you fritzy, you don't take your wife out of dinner for Valentine's dey.
Speaker 3: We got for dinner. But I'm talking about like anything.
Speaker 5: I didn't pick that one because just in general, she just doesn't want the cards and flowers.
Speaker 3: She has all the jewelry she needs. She's made it very clear.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I've never met a woman has all the jewelry she needs and just say and when they say they don't want anything, they do. Just telling you I shouldn't just say okay, then put up a little bit of a fight there.
Speaker 3: Really, come on, can I get you ab or C.
Speaker 7: Let's do that.
Speaker 3: I can just say, all right, I'm gonna go watch Duvis.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: I would suggest you at home cooking a meal when she gets home.
Speaker 5: But then the fire department has to show up. And that doesn't put any kind of romances in it.
Speaker 2: Just I'm just it's the effort. The effort is big. If you want to if you need some help, I'm going to give you a suggestion. Maybe you'd put on an apron.
Speaker 3: Melt some water, throw some box of pasta in there and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Apron nothing else on. Noh, you start start to cook a meal.
Speaker 3: My Bronco socks on and my slippers.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know if I'd do that, but just just a suggestion. Maybe you cook a meal for your what.
Speaker 5: I put on my old Brian greasy shirt, which is not a half shirt because it's so old.
Speaker 2: We say good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app, and our radio affiliates around the country, good morning, thank you for allowing us into your life. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Bridget Jones is back for a final chapter in Bridget Jones Mad About the Boy. I don't think this is the final chapter. If I know rene Zel Wigger, I'm going to say she's probably going to have another one of these Bridget Jones. They've been doing this for twenty years. Bridget Jones, by the way, the original new original streaming now only on Peacock. I started a movie, you know, I don't go start to finish with a movie when I'm streaming something almost famous with Amy Schumer just came out, very funny, some funny things in there. So far. I think I'm about forty minutes in and I'll probably watch the rest of it maybe tomorrow on Valentine's Day with my wife eight seven seventh three DP show email address dpat Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at TP show. Are we all kind of of the same mindset that it's just something on the calendar, even though we do have to do something on Valentine's Day? Marvin, you love love, You just don't know why you've stayed married this long. Didn't you have a hard time coming up with a reason why? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think Seaton and Fritzie took my answers and that is oh I forgot.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I don't know if Setan's answer is what Fritzy's answer.
Speaker 4: Is, and I don't have anything else.
Speaker 2: Uh, Setan? What about you?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't know. Did I give an answer?
Speaker 9: I don't think you'd or is that an answer? Not giving any Okay, all right?
Speaker 6: I would say that Valentine's Day is pretty low on the depth chart of effort. You do a little something here and there. The anniversary is the one that's where you can catch some heat if you whiff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there's not a special anniversary day on the calendar. It's your anniversary, but everybody universal anniversary, yes time, and then it's not only.
Speaker 5: Is it contrived. Then the restaurants with the price fixed menus, they get cute on New Year's or Valentine's Day and they just I don't like that whole it's a special menu and there's nothing usually special about that menu.
Speaker 2: So this is your way of protesting a little bit, like you have a building. Excuses why you're not going to do it.
Speaker 5: The Christmas tree comes out, I don't need to see valentine stuff all over the supermarkets and stores and everything's red and pink and hearts, and I'm a romantic type guy. But they hit us with that because they want to charge your eleven fifty for a card, which is just insane.
Speaker 3: Have price of cards by the way, don't even get me started.
Speaker 6: Nothing sex there that being fiscally conscious for your wife.
Speaker 3: Here's a card for like twelve thirty eight.
Speaker 2: We used to have two guys who worked in the back. They were great cameraman, Nick and Casey, and they went out to dinner on Valentine's Day one year and they sat, you know, it was a table for two. They didn't know it was Valentine's day. So they go into this restaurant and everybody's congratulating them on Valentine's Day and they you know, you're a very special day with you too, and they're like they look around and you know, there's roses on all of the tables, and they go. Then we realized that people are looking at us like we're a couple, although we did look at them like they were a couple as much time as they spent together.
Speaker 4: Yes, Marvin, the only advice I have for tonight is don't get engaged. Do not get engaged tonight. Yeah, make you just a day that means nothing. Yes, yes, like a random Saturday, nobody's birthday, no Christmas, no Arbor Day, no nothing.
Speaker 2: No, you're right to Tuesday in March.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that's you.
Speaker 5: Yes, I got engaged on Christmas Eve, though, which I can get away with being Jewish, I guess.
Speaker 3: But I did propose on Christmas Eve.
Speaker 5: You know, you're supposed, like certain holidays, that should just kind of stay on its own. You're you're supposed to share it with other parts of your you know, what's going on in your life.
Speaker 2: Whatever you felt the need in that moment, ton that's all the time.
Speaker 4: For me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all that matters, because by the time she was going to sober up, you know, then she was probably not going to get engaged too.
Speaker 3: Yes, you have forgive me an answer right now. What do you mean you'll get back to me.
Speaker 5: What's that supposed to be routing the whole Moody I'm on one knee is embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Kurt in Oregon? Hi Kurt, what's on your mind today? Hey?
Speaker 10: DP, I apologize for taking the show a left turn. But my dad's dad, my grandfather passed away late last night and I just wanted to welcome my dad. I know he'd appreciate it. He loves the show. Welcome my dad to the DDC Club.
Speaker 2: Oh wow?
Speaker 10: And and uh yeah, my my grandfather lived in Alaska. My dad actually tried to get a Juno T shirt but it sold out before sold out before he was able to get one.
Speaker 2: So, and your dad's name is what kurtin Rusty? So Rusty has joined the Dead Dad's Club.
Speaker 10: That's right, Yep, my grandpa Sandy passed away and uh he's a great man but lived along and thruughfull life.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, congratulations and welcome to the dead Dad's Club. Thanks for the phone call. Tie in Rochester, Hi, Ty, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Good morning Dan and Dan Eds first time, long time, five seven one. I just want I think Travis should come back. Kansas City should draft a good tight end and let dead tight end sit behind Travis until he decides what he wants to do.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not a bad idea, but you got to convince Travis Kelcey to come back and to tutor somebody to eventually take his job. I don't know if I've seen more athletes jump a year early than a year late because of broadcasting opportunities. You go back to Tiki Barber, he left the Giants a year too early. They won the Super Bowl and he was going to the Today Show. Jason Kelsey could have been part of this Eagles team, had another super Bowl there. Now he's going to be a Hall of Famer. But you know, Michael Strahan did this could have played another year you're seeing. That's why I was wondering about Aaron Rodgers. I don't know if Aaron Rodgers sees himself as a network broadcaster. Now he might be a podcaster. I'm guessing, but I don't know. If it'd be like, I'm going to tune into the Fox pregame show and Aaron Rodgers is going to be there. Because if that was the case, then maybe you're like, you know what, let me go do this, let me be in TV. A lot of these guys look at it and go, I can make good money and I don't have to you know, I've completed my career. And maybe Tiki Barber thought I've done everything I needed to do. If he played that last year and put up the numbers he had been putting up and they won the Super Bowl, I think he's going to be He would have been in the Hall of Fame, and even his numbers are arguably Hall of Fame worthy, But I don't know how important that is. Strayahan knew that he was going to be a Hall of Famer. Kelsey knows he's going to be a Hall of Famer. Gronk knows he's going to be a Hall of Famer. You take these media opportunities, and I've said this before to athletes, if you can get a job, hold onto the job, because you can do that fifteen twenty years. It's like when John Gruden wanted to come back in Well, they gave him an offer he couldn't refuse. It was one hundred million dollar deal. But that's a job Monday night football that he could have stayed in for another decade if he wanted to. But you're finding players. You get that opportunity. Take the opportunity if you're ready for it. And it feels like these guys. You know, you're finding more players, more coaches are media savvy sooner than they used to be. Uh, Matt in Tampa, Hi, Matt, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: All right, Marty DP six, I got a twelve man roster for the world that would beat the Dream Team this year, no doubt, high to the face. But of course you can't figure that out. All right, want to go here real quick? I'll go fast, okay, Luca Joker, Sga, Jannis Wemby. There's you're starting five. It's pretty much game over right there. Rudy Gobert France, Lori marketed from Wherever, Sabonis, the Soccramento Kings Guy for Wherever, Pascal Siakam, Franz Wagner, Jamal Murray, this Canadian and the extra one that no one ever talks about play the Dominican Republic this summer. Carl Anthony Towns.
Speaker 2: All right, I like that. Thanks for the research there. Matt Sibonis, though, was born in the United States, correct, Marvin, Yeah, I think he was born in Portland, Cartland. Yeah, because his dad was with the Blazers. But yeah, so we don't get him. But do we get Karl Anthony Towns? I mean if he played for somebody other than the United States, Yeah, I mean we'll give the US EMBIID. We'll say Carl Anthony Towns, Yes.
Speaker 6: Paul, I'm checking his lineage. Carl Anthony town was born in Edison.
Speaker 2: New Jersey. Uh, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 4: But he played for the Dominican Republic national team, and so that's the Dominican Republic that's not in America.
Speaker 12: What do we get in return for that trade?
Speaker 4: Joel embiid? Oh embiid for Towns? Like deep he just said, yep, yeah, shout out.
Speaker 8: That's in New Jersey. Let's go.
Speaker 4: You know what, how come Seaton Hall of Rutgers aren't better programs?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 9: All of a sudden, you gotta start lashing out and punching down.
Speaker 8: Okay, you're better than that, Marvin, all right.
Speaker 4: Wait, Wait, but I'm not.
Speaker 7: Ring.
Speaker 4: He's so petty seating. No, Dan, hurry, no seating. It hurts with Seaton Hall.
Speaker 2: What the heck?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry, sores.
Speaker 2: He was having a good day, at least the start of a good day. And too you went after him, Marvin.
Speaker 4: Why because Kyrie Irving and j R. Smith and Tristan Thompson from New Jersey. Yeah, kar Anthony.
Speaker 2: Towns Saint John's took Seaton Hall's best player.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's not nice.
Speaker 2: No, it's not whatever.
Speaker 8: All Yukon's players are born and raised in That's county.
Speaker 4: That's a crazy part. One of them from Connecticut?
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, how come none of them stay in this fine state?
Speaker 4: Not enough great players out here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true. Well Bridgeport used to have a lot of good players long time and long time ago.
Speaker 6: Yes, Paul, I have the Yukon roster and there's not one person that was born and grew.
Speaker 2: Up in Connecticut. Okay, should that be a rule like.
Speaker 6: The Premier League has something that they have to have a British person on their roster.
Speaker 9: Or like in Canada and the radio, like a certain percentage of the songs that they play in the radio in Canada have to be Canadian artists.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, huh.
Speaker 2: So a lot of Brian Adams and Yeah, Drake and.
Speaker 9: Rush, Shanaiah Twain, she get Avril, Yeah, yeah, I think she's Canadian.
Speaker 8: Maybe I just made that up. Nickelback get a lot of run in those parts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, some forty one they're Canadian, I hope so supremely Canadian?
Speaker 2: Oh they are? Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Did you hear how they sing?
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to waste it's Canadian. That doesn't sound Canadian.
Speaker 4: That was just an excuse to sing that.
Speaker 5: Yes, if they become the fifty first state, though, that all gets thrown out the window.
Speaker 6: They do, we can acquire Rush, oh h lover Boy Canadian, turn Me Loose, Triumph, Dan mun Hair, Naked lady seating.
Speaker 2: Yes, how can I forget?
Speaker 6: Bear naked ladies, Arcade Fire, Arcade Fire Canadian?
Speaker 2: Yeah, very bare naked ladies. On tour with HOODI and the Blowfish. They were really good guys. Extremely they were really really nice guys. They had no idea who I was, but they were extremely nice to me. Never like, what is it you do? Because the band always wants to talk to you, and I said, well, I'm a sportscaster. Have we seen you? I know, I don't know. I'm assuming you've probably see me somewhere. All right, let me take a break. Kevin O'Connell was named the second best looking coach in the NFL. He's not Canadian, by the way, but Kevin O'Connell from the Vikings. He will join us coming up. I wonder if I think Matt Lafleur was voted number one on this list. I don't know where you voted on this. I just saw that there was some poll that was out there.
Speaker 3: Yes, time division rivals all over the place. Looks and.
Speaker 2: Can a good looking person give somebody a dirty look? If you're a good looking person, ton, I think you can. I'm going to give you one. Can it take a break? We're back after this Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 13: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together where Coveno Rich On Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything, life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together, I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, and if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: We will update our poll results from our two more phone calls coming up as well each seven to seven three DP show. Head coach of the Minnesota Vikings and the NFL Coach of the Year Kevin O'Connell joining us. Didn't I tell you were going to be the coach of the year the last time you were on you.
Speaker 14: Called it, Dan, You you absolutely called your shot and.
Speaker 2: I didn't get a shout out. I didn't get a shout out that night when you were accepting your award.
Speaker 14: Let me, I'm gonna throw you on the the list of folks that I've heard that from, and whether it's Sean McVay.
Speaker 12: Dan Patrick, you would you would not believe that.
Speaker 14: But you, I'm sure you would know with all the hardware that you've earned over the over illustrious career, about those threats you get to the folks from Hey, you you know when you hear the music, just know you better get off the stage because the arm guards are coming after that and they're gonna escort you right off, so you better keep it tight.
Speaker 2: Where's your award?
Speaker 12: I actually don't have it yet. They take it back from you. It's the award you cherish, You're so excited to have it, and then somebody takes it back and says, we'll send it to you. I didn't know if that was you know, them saying there could be a recount, but no, I'm hoping to get it soon.
Speaker 2: Where did you watch the Super Bowl?
Speaker 14: I actually made it, made it back home to Minneapolis.
Speaker 12: I always like watching it with my with my kids.
Speaker 14: My two boys love watching football, So I made it back and watch the game at home.
Speaker 2: Are you watching as a dad or a coach?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 12: The second half ball gets kicked off.
Speaker 14: I was watching as a coach, just knowing, you know, obviously Andy Reid his staff's bags like, I.
Speaker 12: Got so much respect for them.
Speaker 14: I was fascinated to see kind of how Vic Fangio would decide to play against that offense and Patrick and just the unique little thing is that take place in a game. You know, the funny thing is that that game gets two weeks of coverage, and having coached in it in twenty twenty one, you look back on it and it's always these small, impactful plays normally that have such magnified impacts on the game, and it's all it's all it's all rhythm of the game, it's all momentum. But when you know, you get a performance out of a front like like what Philly's front was able to do, that can be such an equalizer, and we've seen that over you know.
Speaker 12: I even think back to when I was going through the draft process.
Speaker 14: I was in Arizona and watched that Giants versus Patriots kind of perfect team. I inevitably was drafted by that Patriots team after that. But just what a defensive front can do to equalize a game, and the greatness in many ways of an offense can be neutralized like Philly was able to do.
Speaker 12: It was remarkable.
Speaker 2: But defensive philosophy going in to Patrick Mahomes is we're not going to blitz. I mean, that's pretty amazing. I would think that you're comfortable with your four and then I mean, if you do the math, that's a great advantage for the Eagles defense and their secondary if four can get there. And uh, and it certainly looked like Mahomes he doesn't get uncomfortable very often, but he was uncomfortable in the pocket.
Speaker 14: Yeah. And I think Dan, like historically you've seen a lot of teams with strong fronts, like that's the game plan, right, try to maximize your coverage. You've got Travis Kelce, You've got some you know, speed and and and d Hop and different skill players and you're really kind of daring them to be able to, you know, overcome your four man pass rush, and then are they you know, they always do a really good job running the football both under center out of a gun, but you've historically seen that and the problem is when that game plan doesn't have have success than Andy Reid and Patrick Maholmes. They know what's coming, so now the pressure will start showing up the five six man blitzes, and that's when they have made a lot of plays to create the dynasty that they are at that point. So it's an aggressive strategy in a lot of ways because you're setting yourself up. If they're able to move the football against that four man Russian seven man coverage, you're gonna have to kind of show your cards from there. And those are some pretty world class people to do that against. So when it does work and it is effective, now it's about can you sustain it long enough and also play have the right kind of offense on the other side, which they certainly do with Saquon and Jalen Hurts and those receivers all behind that offensive line.
Speaker 12: It was impressive night for the Eagles, for sure.
Speaker 2: The NFL coach of the Year, Kevin O'Connell of the Vikings. Can you play this what if can you play this hypothetical? If JJ McCarthy doesn't get injured, who is your starting quarterback this past season?
Speaker 12: Well, I would say this, Dan.
Speaker 14: We we had just seen JJ, you know, play in his first preseason game.
Speaker 12: There was a lot of positive.
Speaker 14: Things on that tape that you know, left us as a coaching staff saying, you know, we we absolutely need to see this thing through to the end of training camp. But at the same time, everybody, and rightly so, everybody was talking about JJ as the first round pick and exciting young player. We're fired up to have an organization. Sam Darnold was having a really good camp and it was showing up day in and day out. You know, It's it's one thing to you know, go to training camp practice every day, but when those guys are competing against Brian Flores and that defense, it's not exactly you know, standard defense that you're gonna be able to say. You know, your quarterbacks really haven't been in stressful environments yet, so we need to get to the games our quarterbacks. You know, over since flow has gotten here, they can't wait for those preseason games to come because.
Speaker 12: What they're going up against every every single day in practice.
Speaker 14: So I love the fact that flow pushes us all to be better and our quarterbacks get to be in a massively stressful environment every day, which only helps competitions and helps you figure out what you have. But I would I would argue that I think both guys would have continued on through and I would I would probably say, you know, Sam Darnold would have been our starting quarterback just out of the experience and knowing that I am very much constantly aware of the minutes a minute, hour to hour, day to day development of quarterbacks. It's very important to me that I take the personal ownership and accountability to what that position ultimately feels for me from a support structure, but also coaching Josh McCown in the quarterback room, Wes Phillips Hays our offensive coordinator.
Speaker 12: We've got a pretty good setup.
Speaker 14: Around these guys that we feel like if we just invest in the daily, we're going to get positive results and these guys are going to be kind of building themselves up to the opportunity to go have success playing in NFL games.
Speaker 2: When do you make your decision of the team makes its decision on Sam Darnel.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's you know, it's an ongoing process right now. Dan.
Speaker 14: We we're very proud of what Sam was able to accomplish.
Speaker 12: I mean, it's hard to win.
Speaker 2: Are you planning on him being there next season?
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's if you to let me finish. I'm sorry, I just know, just kidding.
Speaker 14: But the idea is this, We're you know, we're we're evaluating, you know, how we're going to move forward and put the best possible team together in twenty twenty five and beyond.
Speaker 12: We know, we're excited about JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 14: He confirmed a lot of the things in a very short amount of time that we had hoped to see from him before unfortunately getting hurt. And then Sam, you know, took advantage of his out opportunity and has really put himself as probably the premier player at the position going into free agency, and Sam's going to have some opportunities.
Speaker 12: We're working through.
Speaker 14: What that looks like for us, while also having some other real impactful players set to be free agents as well, so I.
Speaker 12: Think a lot goes into it. We haven't made that decision yet.
Speaker 14: I talked to really all three, you know both JJ's here every day. But I talked to Sam yesterday for a long time, talked to Daniel Jones for a long time. I just want those guys to know that there's an element in this where our relationship matters. The communication between me and those guys has to be paramount, and the agents in our front office. Those conversations will go on, but what we try to build here is something that I hope is always beyond that, above that, especially me personally with the players.
Speaker 2: If we did a combine for the head coaches in the NFC North, who would grade out better?
Speaker 12: Are we talking all events here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? One morning bench press cone drill? You three cone drill?
Speaker 12: Well, I think we all know who's winning the bench press.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we take that off the table with Dan Campbell.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and and uh, you know I would I would probably argue Dan that, uh you know, I would be pretty competitive in uh, you know, the straight line stuff running wise, you know, I think I would put my I would put Matt Lafleur in that McVeigh category. These guys are more of those change of direction, short area quickness, those types of things.
Speaker 12: So maybe maybe he gets gets me there.
Speaker 2: But I don't know about Ben Johnson. Is he sneaky athletic? I don't know much about.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 14: One of the things I'm always doing dan pregame is I'm always watching who's throwing throwing the pill around the field, because that's probably the biggest mistake I ever made was hiring Josh mc gown because he can he can still throw it and probably could go play in a game right now. So I didn't really think that all through when you know, I started throwing some wabblers around a pregame.
Speaker 12: But I'm smart.
Speaker 14: Indoors Stadium a US Bank stadium, elite place to throw the football. We played in London and it was kind of spitting rain a little bit. I didn't touch a football for that entire warm up.
Speaker 2: Very smart, you know.
Speaker 14: Some other it was windy and windy, kind of spitting rain in Jacksonville. There was not a football near me for that entire time. So I'm I've learned to pick my spots in my moments to shine.
Speaker 2: I saw there was an award handed out and went to the best looking coach in the NFL. You finished, you finished second? I think I think Lafloor. I think Lafloor got you.
Speaker 12: I would argue though, like if we could have a little bit of a campaign for that, and and you know, I think I think he puts a little bit more time and effort into what I do.
Speaker 2: And okay, put who puts more time and effort into their looks, Sean McVay, Matt Lafleur, well other.
Speaker 14: It's different, right because I think I think Sean probably has like a four step process that finishes with that hair looking the way it does. You know, I respect Matt because he changes up his game sometimes sometimes it's a hat, sometimes it's not. But as far as as far as facial hair goes, you know, nobody keeps it cleaner than Matt.
Speaker 2: I think Matt Lafleur tweezes. I think there's some eyebrow work being done there.
Speaker 14: I thought I thought the guys were gonna hit the breaking news right there.
Speaker 12: You know, though, I thought I was gonna do something.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you can do in the offseason to win this award.
Speaker 12: Yeah, my wife's got a few ideas. Something.
Speaker 2: You don't show the hair though, because.
Speaker 12: I don't don't have that much of it left. I mean, this job's taking it.
Speaker 2: Out of it. Laflora and McVeigh show it off. They you know, McVeigh has good moss though. I mean, you got to admit he's he's.
Speaker 14: One of my closest friends, you know, on on on the planet. And I told I got a chance to spend some time with them down in New Orleans.
Speaker 12: And I told my sons that, hey, I saw coach Sean and.
Speaker 14: They immediately started, you know, and he's been an inspiration to them. And uh, they always ask me, why why don't I make my hair look like that? And I just shake my head.
Speaker 2: But did Sean like he had the Super Bowl ring? Do you need to wear the Super Bowl ring?
Speaker 14: You know what, when you win one as a head coach, I think you can wear it just about any time you want. I know when when Coach Belichick, which was how wild was that that the guy that drafted me in the NFL hands me the award. But you know, as he as they handed it to me and we're walking off the stage, you know it was you know, I bumped into him and it just clanked against about four or five of the ring. So I wanted to make sure it wasn't scuffed up or anything it was, it was spectacular.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the off season, big decisions coming up and congratulations again.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I appreciate you guys have me on. Always enjoy it. Man.
Speaker 2: That's Kevin O'Connell's second best looking coach in the NFL behind Matt Lafleur.
Speaker 6: I believe, yes, Bau, We've known him for a long time. He was like helping Johnny Manziel ten years ago, and he popped on and then his star just started rising.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, you get on certain staffs, and being on Sean's staff, you know, the coaching trees, that's where it gets pretty impressive. I don't know whose coaching tree is the best. It is it parcels Andy Reid's got a good coaching tree, or at least guys who have gotten jobs. But I don't know. There has to be a list of which coach has the best coaching tree in NFL history. Yes, more it's.
Speaker 4: Probably got to go back to like maybe like Bill Walsh or somebody like.
Speaker 2: But once again, if you go back to Paul Brown, I don't know how many assistant coaches he has now you have you know there's a quarterback coach receiver. I mean there's there's quite a few the coordinators and you know, special teams all of that. Yeah, Pauline, there's a few lists.
Speaker 6: It's very detail. But for example, Bill Parcells, beget Bill Belichick, Tom Coughlin, Sean Payton, Todd Bowles, Mike Zimmer amongst them. Okay, but there's a lot more that, like Marty Schottenheimer, Tony Dungee, Bill Cower, Mike McCarthy, Bruce Arians herm Edwards were under Schttenheimer at one time.
Speaker 2: But if you I guess totaled up super Bowl wins, is that a fair or maybe just victories? Playoff appearance play on playoff appearances. We'll take a break. Saturday Night Live fiftieth anniversary coming up this weekend, we'll talk to one of the stars of the current cast, Heidi Gardner. She'll join us Kent City chief Fan too. You know when I said to Fritzi, I said, you know, Heidi's Kant City Chiefs fan. Let's book her before the Super Bowl. And then all of a sudden they lose, and I go, does Heidie still want to join us?
Speaker 3: Didn't cancel?
Speaker 2: And Todd said, yeah, she's still gonna be with us for that Also, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominations, new poll, question your phone calls. We're busy on this Thursday. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: A couple of phone calls in there, and then we'll talk about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees. Griffin and Cincinnati Hi Griff, Welcome back, Good morning.
Speaker 16: Dan, Dan ets Travis Kelsey should absolutely retire, and the perfect replacement for him on the Chiefs will be T Higgins because the Bengals are not going to resign him. That's almost to guarantee. And T Higgins will be a perfect possession receiver for Patrick Mahomes to help him win at least another Super.
Speaker 2: Bowls Man, good suggestion. I like T Higgins. It's just not being able to get everybody under the South. Does Does Joe Burrow ever get frustrated enough that he doesn't want to stay in Cincinnati. I'm just curious about that, and I don't know why I thought about it, but sometimes you hear answers and you hope that you know he's going to get these players and Jamar Chase, they're going to pay him, and you know, trying to keep everybody together Cincinnati. That's not always an easy task. But I like, you know, T Higgins is good man, good good receiver. H Jeremy and Texas. Hi Jeremy, what's on your mind?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 11: Dan? I know that you love love.
Speaker 15: Yes, I'm kind of with Fritey on this one. My wife much rather go on a trip. We went to Italy last October. Fist trip ever on off the coast is great, going to Mexico and March, going to Dominican in May, and we're going to working on trip to Spain in October. So she would much rather do that than me spend some money on some flowers, et cetera. So thoughts on that and I'll hang up and listen.
Speaker 2: Well, Yeah, if you said we're going to have a trip or I get flowers, I'm gonna take it the trip. Flowers gonna last five days, trip might last five days, but I'm having a little bit more fun with something like that. Jim in Ohio, Hi Jim, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 17: Good morning, Dan and Danett. I have a Super Bowl stat with a question. Okay, in Super Bowl history, only two starting quarterbacks have won a Super Bowl with two different teams, that being Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Does my Homes needed immigrate the stat to be considered the goat as well as winning seven Super Bowls?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: No, we don't need to add degree of difficulty. If he wins seven Super Bowls and it's all with Kansas City, I'm okay with that. It's like, hey, Tom won with Tampa. Well, if Kansas City gets to the point where they don't want Patrick Mahomes, then he might get in the position where Peyton was and where Tom was. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees Seaton and a new poll question from Paulie.
Speaker 9: Oh, well, here we could start with Paulie's poll. Would you rather play six seasons in the NFL or be an SNL cast member for six seasons?
Speaker 2: Okay? Can I decide what position I'm playing in the NFL?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, But if you make it to six seasons the NFL, you got a second contract. That's a solid career, not a long one. And if you make six seasons in same thing with SNL, you probably got a little famous.
Speaker 2: I'd rather be six seasons as a quarterback in the NFL. Yes, Todd, I.
Speaker 5: Would much rather be six seasons on SNL. I'm taking the money aside, just an opportunity to do that and make people laugh and have all those experiences with different funny people and just I just think that's a great thing to be pusued.
Speaker 2: Marvin, what about you?
Speaker 4: I'd rather be Terrell Davis than Horatio Sands.
Speaker 6: That's not the actual polosh, no offense.
Speaker 2: Who would you rather be? I'd rather be Terrell Davis as well? Saturday Night Live. Some cast members breakout, some don't. Keenan Thompson has been there twenty two years now. He's great on the show. But some guys are just meant for Saturday Night Live, or performers meant for that. Others they're there and then they're move on. Yeah, Paul, whose career would you want?
Speaker 6: Keenan Thompson, Chase Daniel.
Speaker 2: Chase Daniel A good one, really, Chase Daniel. Yeah, Saturday Night Live, that schedule is burutal, burrutal, brutal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you even get your feelings hurt, you know, not being funny on a particular night, but you can get physically very very hurt where you can't get up for several days.
Speaker 2: He's a backup. Chase Daniel didn't get hurt. He's a backup.
Speaker 9: Yes, that's the thing that I hate about this is that I can't remove the money from it.
Speaker 8: I just can't.
Speaker 9: And at SNL, I'm sure some people make pretty good money, but most people are being paid in exposure. Hey, Nick raat being on SNL. Don't worry about You're gonna make money after this. That's what seems like anything that's true. Chase Daniel made thirty forty million dollars in his career and never really had to do a whole hell of a lot. No, that is just way too much money to pass on.
Speaker 2: All Right, rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees.
Speaker 8: Yes, are you ready? Yes, we'll start with Bad Company.
Speaker 2: Oh, Paul Rodgers, one of the great lead singers of all time. Supergroup embarrassing that they have not been inducted into the Hall of Fame. Bad Company absolutely.
Speaker 8: Let's see the Black Crows.
Speaker 2: They're Hall of Fame?
Speaker 12: Were they?
Speaker 8: How about Mariah Carey?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: See, this is where the problem is. Is the title the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? If it's the music Hall of Fame. Then it's a no doubter. I think people get caught up in rock and roll, like Mariah Carey's not rock and roll. No she's not, but that resume with all the hits and put her in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 9: I'm most successful artist of all time absolutely Chubby Checker.
Speaker 2: I mean, he gave us a couple of songs. He didn't write the songs. I'd say, I think the song is in the hall. Let's do the twist. I think that's in the Hall of Fame. But I don't think he's a Hall of Famer man. I have a hard time.
Speaker 9: I'm not putting Chubby Checker in just because of the twist.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 9: And actually there's another artist later on on the on this list that I would say the same thing about. How about Joe Cocker. A lot of English musicians on this list. Keep fine with your little helpful friend friends. Yeah, it's pretty good. I don't know enough of his catalog, so.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know what the requirements are as far as hits album sales.
Speaker 3: Isn't he love? Lift us up where we belong?
Speaker 2: Cock and Jennifer Warren Jennifer war.
Speaker 8: So beautiful.
Speaker 2: John Belushi did Joe Cocker a solid when that's when it's like Belushi was better at Joe Cocker than Joe Cocker. Correct. Who else?
Speaker 8: How about Billy Idol, He's back on the list again.
Speaker 2: My wedding. Uh, he was a big deal.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 9: He's sort of that second British Invasion spark by MTV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paul a lot of hits in.
Speaker 6: The MTV era. He had a really nice decade.
Speaker 2: MTV was really kind to him.
Speaker 9: Rebel Yell White, Wedding, Dancing with Myself. Dude had some hits. Then you go out with Downtown Julie Brown for him a major score.
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 9: Joy Division and New Order are going in? Well, they're nominated together as one band.
Speaker 2: I'm not familiar with them.
Speaker 6: Yes, Joy Division was breaking out and their lead singer committed suicide right before they came to America, and then the band reformed to do New Order, which had a lot of hits in.
Speaker 9: They're like one of those bands that all of your favorite bands loved that band kind of thing. Okay, so let's see. Cindy Lauper's on the list. Another eighties staple.
Speaker 2: I don't know enough. I felt like she was a character, great character, but girls just want to have fun.
Speaker 4: Eighties. Yes more Time after Time might be one of the best songs ever.
Speaker 2: Oh true colors, isn't there?
Speaker 9: Okay, all right, we'll get to part two of that list coming up. Yeah, we're gonna have to wait till after the break well, so we'll talk to Heidi Garden.
Speaker 2: What are you doing up? Heidie Gardner, the comedian actress from Saturday Night Live, will join us as well the fiftieth anniversary coming up on Sunday Final Hour. In this Thursday Straight Ahead and Rhyme Time