Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend episode of The Guys Stay production of iHeartRadio. It is Monday, January twenty ninth, twenty twenty four. I believe is the year. My name is Jack. That is Miles.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, this is the episode.
Speaker 1: Where we tell you what was trending over the weekend. What's trending on this Monday, Monday morning? Miles, you are out of pocket right now? You're in you min out area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm in the Great North aka the Bay Area, yay area. We be to wrap what kibi to Locke, as the famous forty flip sample says, it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: I'm in Japantown.
Speaker 3: I was just up here obviously for the Situation Room Pods live show for Sketch Fest. It's always so funny, dude, Like because it's a comedy festival. People like local people just buy tickets and like show up thinking like, yeah, it could be funny. And there are some people in the eye who are not ready for like me talking about like DNC text messages and how they were doing my head in or just any of the geopolitical stuff we're talking about. I feel like that happened even like in our Daily Zeke show a couple couple of years ago to where you had people who been like, oh cool, like the interesting comedy.
Speaker 2: Show and they're like, what is this political thunder dome? I've wandered? So it was nice.
Speaker 3: But also shout out to everybody that was there. A couple people from Zigang shout out to you all. I had some really nice conversations with you, so thank you for showing up supporting there you go.
Speaker 1: All right, well this is the episode where we talked about what's trending, but first we let you get to know us a little bit better by telling you some things that we think are overrated and underrated. Miles, do you want to kick us off with something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: Just you know, we were talking a little bit about, I think on the trending episode about how civil war was trending and all these governors are sending, you know, support to Greg Abbott. Is he causes some kind of constitutional crisis? And now we have reports of a new a new freedom truck fuckfest coming to the border near you next week. Yeah, we do convoy. Do new convoy just fucking dropped And guess the kinds of people that are behind this one. Yes, you're right, racist grifters again, We're just it's like this will be a peaceful event with like retired law enforcement military, truckers, bikers, like they're always throwing bikers, which I love for these kinds of things, and you know, it's just another opportunity to grift, and you know, especially from people that believe the solution to illegal immigration is to like just have a bunch of bikers pull up with guns doing border patrol cosplay, and that's kind of like what this thing is now. I think obviously this could have the potential to turn violent, since the mindset of a lot of these people is.
Speaker 2: That they are protecting our nation.
Speaker 3: And also there's like a lot of military jargon being used by like the people that are organizing it to describe like sort of what their plans are, how they're going to help out like you know, constitutionally sound law enforcement officials. So I don't think that part is overrated. But however, I know this is also part of like a larger scheme clearly to create a total crisis at the border while Biden is in office and just put everything on that because you know, there's a border deal that's really super really great sweet deal for the Conservatives that Joe Biden is like, yeah.
Speaker 1: This could be good, this could be good trying to put it through. So just yeah, the headlines.
Speaker 2: He's getting dragged to the right on this.
Speaker 3: And Donald Trump is also begging other politicians, especially in the Senate, to not vote for this because he doesn't want anything to get fixed, so he can just point to the massive whatever rot that is happening or perceived rot at the border. So you know, I think while Biden's primary rep been, it looks like going into this is not talking about the future or sustainable economies or the climate or things like that, and just talking about Row. The Republicans it looks like they're going all in on a xenophobia CounterPunch. Yeah, because it seems to be like they're for them to like, maybe if we can ignore all the other fucked up things you do and just make it about fear of a brown country, then that'll motivate people enough.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the original conflict that like got Civil War trending was they want to put they Texas has put razor wire like on the other side of a river. It is caused able to you know, die in the river, and the Supreme Court ruled like that it could be taken down by federal government employees.
Speaker 3: And that's that's the.
Speaker 1: Thing that they're They're on the side of, let us keep razor wire up to drown the innocent people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's what it's. That's what it could all boil down to. But I think it.
Speaker 3: I feel like they're really trying to just test if this is unifying enough of you know, a moment to.
Speaker 2: Be like, Okay, we got something we can we can run on. Now just keep hammering away at the border.
Speaker 3: Because even with that one quote when we were talking about Trump when he was like describing like the iron dome and how that works like boo b b b b shoche boom done, big brains, big muscles up here. That was like when he was saying the southern border needed an iron dome system because we're like, yeah, because there's so much rocket fire coming in from wades or something.
Speaker 1: What were you talking about. Yeah, just he the cruelty is the point with him. He wants yeah, absolutely absolutely do Star Wars on. Uh, you know people who are trying to enter the country. Yeah, desperation. Well, my overrated is a little less serious. I had a uh Sublime AKA this past week, so I was listening to that song uh what I Got for the first time in a while, and I have to say, I feel like the riotousness of the guitar solo after he says he can play the guitar like a motherfucking riot is slightly overrated. Yeah, it's like, I mean, it reminds me of like the Devil went down to Georgia, where there's like all this build up where the Devil's like, wha boy, I'm gonna play this here fiddle boy, and he's gonna blow fire chass, and then he like plays it and it's like there's like a long rhythm guitar thing that opens it and then it's like five seconds of screeching fiddle like. It's like the the guitar solo just sounds like, I don't know, it sounds to me like if rain drops.
Speaker 2: Keep falling on my head had a guitar solo in.
Speaker 3: It, it sounds like it sounds like some shit Jack Johnson would have thrown away, like in an idea pile, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like it feels like like a little mistick. Like the fact that he's like gadding along and doing a little like while he's doing it makes it funnier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean also too, because famously riot Is guitar solos are filled with the background whistling too, because someone's also like whistling along to I think it might be Bradley or whatever. I got a Dalmatian and I can still get high. I can play the guitar like another fucking Riot.
Speaker 4: Boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 3: But also like later that when and that, after that rap verse, he brings the Riot theme back because he's like trying test that you're bound to get served.
Speaker 2: Loves what I got.
Speaker 3: Don't start a hot when that dance gets hot?
Speaker 2: Dumb. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It just feels like when you're you don't need to tell people that you're about to unleash yeah hell on them. With this upcoming guitar solo, it really does remind me of we always I always refer to this fucking Will Ferrell Garth Brooks sketch where Will Ferrell's like the devil and he Garth Brooks is like trying to buy a song in exchange for a soul that will be a hit, and.
Speaker 2: The Devil's songs all suck.
Speaker 1: They're all just like not good songs because there's a lot of that where he's like big build up, where he's like.
Speaker 5: It's hell Casts Jack Come On from the City, nine Ears and Sleek Die Thirst On the Music that could force Keys to their knees, and Oceans.
Speaker 3: To Boil Bold, the song that will take you to the top of the charts. There's a guy named Fred and he's got a pair of slacks.
Speaker 1: Fred's got slacked, like I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Oceans to Boil Bild a little bit of false advertising.
Speaker 1: Okay, Anyways, it's a great song, the Sublime song. It's just funny. I hadn't really noticed how uh, how big, how hard he comes into that solo and then it's just like a little like jazzy acoustic guitar whistle number.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, this is this is the problem when that you're doing as much drugs and drinking as Bradley was, because sometimes the lyrics definitely get away from you, like, you know, it's just so weird because like when you think about like the songs like I think Wrong Way was also like another huge that was like a huge track like on that album that they played like that got a lot of commercial play, you know.
Speaker 2: And the first line to that song is and.
Speaker 1: He's twelve years old and two more She'll be a whore.
Speaker 3: And you're like, uh no, you were just talking about playing the guitar, like Bradley, what we loved that last song?
Speaker 2: What's the book? Dude? Check this next track I got And He's twelve years old? You don't like that? No, no, no, you don't like that riotous guitar solo? Oh about this Bradley?
Speaker 1: Anyway, I will say that the exception while my Guitar Gently Weeps has some good guitar solos in it. So you know, sometimes you can talk that shit and back it up, but you just gotta most.
Speaker 2: People do Most people do? Most people do? They know you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't talk up a solo and then hit them with some Jack Johnsony good Times vibes.
Speaker 2: But look, no, no disrespect to that track because the shit goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what what's something you think is underrated? Miles? I've been watching I've just been watching a lot of local news clips over the weekend.
Speaker 2: I went down a weird rabbit hole.
Speaker 3: That's no need to really discuss it. It started for me seeing something on Reddit and then I just kind of like the algorithm on YouTube just kept showing me like local news things. But then I just started watching them with this like really weird feeling. But I think it's just really creepy how local newscaster energy is.
Speaker 2: Like it's.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's like that they're on air presence is like actually becoming more terrifying to me now. It feels like AI or something, because there's something about having to sound and look a certain way when reporting the news in this sort of very specific way that just feels off. And I get like the professionalism, journalistic integrity or whatever, like you don't want to inject commentary by being like too emotional or whatever, but it's like do you have to talk like people that don't exist at all on the planet.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: That's where it's just sort of this way that we found a way to deliver news that feels like this, and it's just this I don't know, there's something about it that I the more I watch it, it just like was making me feel creeped.
Speaker 2: Down with it. Just was noting me in this word, I think just because I think.
Speaker 3: Of like what what's going on, you know, in the world and stuff like that. But even like older news coverage, like people would say like the most grim shit and then like pivot to some other story much like this show, but in a way that's like so unaware and made super sanitarizy. Yeah, and just it's it's a lost art form. Honestly, I think it's it's very underrated. How you kind of have to go out of body, I think to be like that on camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like now that we have YouTube things and podcasts covering the news and we've seen people like talk about it as humans reacting to the news, it now feels even weirder to like watch somebody do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that whole bit of like.
Speaker 1: Being a disembodied you know, human who is like and I won't tell you how I feel about this, but yeah, just here it is, folks. And then there's like, especially with local news, just such a barely concealed agenda, you know, right below the surface.
Speaker 3: There, Like local land developers believe the new affordable housing will affect local prices, that's why they are opposed to it. Meanwhile, these unprotected individuals are languishing in the street. Now here's rob you madea with the weather.
Speaker 1: Right, very weird, very surreal, all right, from my underrated I just I had this experience whereas outside my house and heard a what sounded like a UFO float past my house, like you know, it's an electric vehicle, but like one of those highly choreographed sounds that electric vehicles make. Obviously I've heard them before, but just without the visual, it just reemphasized how weird the whole thing is. Like I think the one that I heard was maybe a BMW, but it was like this high pitched coral crescendo like that in another context could be out of a horror movie, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, yeah like it, but it's like a multi voice. It's like there's like sixteen pitches happening at the same time. Like sort of I think there's a there's someone when I've walked my dog and stuff in a Volkswagen electric vehicle that has.
Speaker 2: Like this very weird harmonic pitch to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it might.
Speaker 1: And even I've definitely like stopped some of the times when I've been like what the fuck is and then like turned it's been a Volkswagen for sure, I don't I don't know if that, And like there's definitely some like Thermin like Ufo from a nineteen sixties movie type things happening in the soundscape. It's just it's it's an interesting like I started doing research on it after this to just see like what the process has been like. And some people are just like, yeah, make you know, get a speaker that plays the sound of a fucking car engine just roaring, and that's that's how we do it.
Speaker 3: But then there's just this.
Speaker 1: Other world where they're like, yeah, man, we got really fucking trippy with it.
Speaker 2: BMW hired Hans Zimmer to create one. Oh.
Speaker 1: They made it sound like what they describe as an electrified orchestra warming up for a performance, and said, we conceived a sound to celebrate the car intended as a highly complex performative art installation.
Speaker 3: That is okay, just fucking make it easier so when I'm walking down the street, I know a fucking car is behind me or something, because that's like I think, like Tesla's don't make a lot of sound.
Speaker 1: Now I feel like, yeah, but Tesla's have like a weird like soul sound. I guess it only is low speeds that it has to become a problem, but that it has to like be engineered because at higher speeds you can actually like hear them whistling through the air. But the I'm kind of on board with it, Like I think it's interesting things that they didn't all just go sound of car engine, like play that through a speaker. That they that, like some of them just decided to go in a really weird direction, which I was thinking about the Harley, Like a Harley Davidson drove past me on the highway and my cousin who drove a Harley always told me He's like, yeah, man, those that sound that like basically smacks you in the face. It's so loud, like getting smacked by a fucking car engine that that actually saves lives because it's like so loud that everybody hears it coming and resent to so it's like in their mind, which that that is like what kills people is they just like don't notice motorcycles coming.
Speaker 2: Hey, you gotta respect. Respect your cousin. Man, he was riding to Harley.
Speaker 3: Man, he wasn't driving it all right, right, He's rides a Harley the bikeers out there, you know on the Freedom Convoy right now, who are listening, you know, respect to you guys.
Speaker 2: We don't want to. We don't want to you know, mess up what you do.
Speaker 3: But I think there's also like, I honest, I feel like, correct me if I'm wrong. I feel like the cop cars and all the cars in Demolition Man kind of sounded like this, Oh right, Yeah, they were kind of like this, like high pitch were like kind of sound. I think they might look I think everything is just turning to Demolition Man. To be honest, have you seen that clip of like will I Am driving a Mercedes that he designed the in like internal audio for No, there's this clip of like apparently will I Am I like worked on some sort of like sound design for this MERC eighties that when you drive, it based on how quickly you're driving, Like a soundtrack builds based on what's going on, So like when you're going at low speeds, like it like brings in one layer of the track and then as you accelerate, it's like adding more to create this like very interactive soundtrack. But it's like, if you don't like fucking futuristic edm like you're gonna be like, turned this shit off but a lot as your only option.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. Yeah, you don't like get to choose your own music. It's just like a will I Am performance are sound soundscape.
Speaker 3: You get to do molly with Will I Am as your chauffeur, basically, is what I mean.
Speaker 1: They there are reports that like, lack of an electric car is forty percent more likely to hit a pedestrian than a normal car. For visually impaired population, the number jumps to ninety three percent. So they I mean that that was early days, and they've recognized that and tried to put it. It feels like one of the solutions instead of just being like, yeah, make a sound so people hear you, is like we should evoke like existential direct just like weird people out, uh with their with their soundscape. Yeah, maybe that's the point. Maybe that's the equivalent of the Harley the Harley engine smacking you on the on the face as it drives. Buy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just give you existential future, drid.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back, And thank you to Brian, the editor who forwarded along a fact check on my cousin from Auto Week that says loud pipes don't actually save lives. I'm gonna go with my cousin on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, his.
Speaker 3: Cousin rides a Harley Man like you, he'd get he can't go against I've gotta go with you, cousin.
Speaker 2: That is the number.
Speaker 1: That's the most irrefutable source that you can have.
Speaker 3: It's your older cousin. Yeah, my older cousin. Oh hell yeah, I'm like, that's fucking that's the that's like God telling you straight facts from the Bible.
Speaker 1: At least a decade older than me, and he's like seen guns and Roses like live three hundred times, So oh my god, you think he doesn't know a thing or two about like my older cousin who gave me my first drummend based album, Dude in the fucking in ninety five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, this is just so fucking next level. Bro oh man.
Speaker 1: When told me how many times they'd see guns and roses, And that was at a time when I would go into Sam Goodie and just see if they had released like a new album, like hey, that new uh cover of Knocking on Heaven's door come out. Yet Wow, They're like, you were seven, get the fuck out of here. But wow, I was impressed. And so sorry, Brian the editor, you're you're lying. So it's been over a week by where he got this bullshit from the sanctity.
Speaker 2: Of the older cousin.
Speaker 1: All right, let's uh, should we talk about this popcorn popcorn collectible bucket? It's important, but the AMC is dropping a bucket on all of our asses that looks like a people are saying a vagina dentata.
Speaker 3: Some people are saying butthole.
Speaker 1: Some people are saying haunted flesh light like orifice, like if the guy who designed if Geiger designed a flesh.
Speaker 3: Light This is kind of what it would look like if. Yeah, so this is I didn't realize there was a trend of like overpriced popcorn fucking buckets like I can, we can.
Speaker 2: I completely missed.
Speaker 3: I didn't know there was some special edition Barbie corvette you could eat fucking popcorn out of, like Barbie came out that came with a Barbie and AMC was charging sixty five dollars. This seems like the exact kind of story we would have been covering on this.
Speaker 1: Show, so I probably knew it. There's a lot going on back in the Barbenheimer days.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think there was, man, I can't even think of one thing, but we fucked up there. But also, like I'm kind of mad at that Barbie car design because it has like two rows of seats in it, and I fail to see how you could actually eat any like substantial amount of popcorn out of it, Like it fails as a convey like a vessel for popcorn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, completely a complete l on the on the design. I'm assuming that that part is removable because it goes like you can see a version of it where it appears to have like a lot of popcorn inside of it. But Jack, you know that's the doctor Like that defies the laws of physics. That impage Like, I don't think it's they have it stacked like that. I think they just cut and pasted. But whatever.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So now this bucket is what's like the name for the sandworm in Dune Brian, what's it.
Speaker 2: Called Shi hallued Bro That's what it is? The fucking I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, yeah, anyway of the sandworm.
Speaker 3: They're saying that's they made a shy hallued fucking bucket where Yeah, I don't know why they thought this could This feels like a troll, to be honest, but I mean, I guess all the world's atrol these days.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, it does feel like I mean, first of all, it's got the little like mouth fiber things around it, the thing that makes it look like a butthole being stretched out like that keeps it is going to keep your popcorn in, you know. Yeah, but there are some aspects of this that make me think, Wow, they've upped the popcorn bucket game a little bit.
Speaker 3: I definitely like, I like where we're going with this, you know, like but like the little mouth barnacles or whatever. It feels like now as a parent, like one of those like snack cups you give a toddler where yes, exact goes in, but the snacks ain't coming out if you turn it upside down kind of vibe.
Speaker 2: So I like that.
Speaker 3: I like the intersection of toddler snack technology with movie bucket.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I guess it also seems like it could be a trap because I like to get a real big handful of popcorn and I don't know if my hand's making it through that bad boy with all the popcorn that I don't put in it.
Speaker 3: And how rigid are those like little things like like are you just gonna like get blisters like from like repetition blisters from putting your hand in and out of this as they call it a quote tight hole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, man, the way I eat popcorn, maybe it might just yeah, to quote this article, it looks like a fleshlight or a puckered butthole or a vagina dent tanta ever, filthy little connection it makes in your mind. It has the unmistakable look of something people will try to stick their dick in. That is from the New York Times. No, no, I'm sorry that's TMC.
Speaker 2: But I mean they interchangeable at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a lot of jokes about dune fans fucking the thing, right.
Speaker 3: Look like I get it it it's it doesn't look great, But honestly, I think it's about the idea, man, It's about the idea.
Speaker 2: It's about where we're headed.
Speaker 3: Because I feel like this like part of me is like, damn, we like do we kind of fuck up here?
Speaker 2: Always? Along? Is what it feels like to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like we should have been eating popcorn out of like beheaded stormtrooper helmets at like the ones that walks are playing the drums on and return to the Jedi, you know.
Speaker 3: Or like the mechanical rhinoceros. Jim Carrey was in an region the hole. Yeah, that was that's right there, right there, fucking it for seven.
Speaker 2: It's a cardboard box.
Speaker 3: Wow, you know what's in the Yeah, it's or your wife's or your wife's disembodied head.
Speaker 1: I don't know, there's a I could have seen them like making the shark deep throat your hand from Jaws like that would although that could kind of suck because it would have been rubbery and would have like kind of drawn attention to the fact that the actual shark in the movie is a little rubbery.
Speaker 3: I like how you really were like looking at the like the third rail ideas here for Jaws, Like, I don't know, but I don't also want to like fuck up the perception of the beloved film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like I'm a couple of design charts deep on this, yeah, or could it just be the boat that they're on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the boat would have made sense. That's probably better because then you can be like, hey, and if you want a little more popcorn, you're gonna need a bigger boat.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: You know, the marketing stress is.
Speaker 3: Why you're the best of the business.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen the jar jar binks like tongue lollipop? Yes, yeah, I feel like having again just making jar jar banks deep throat your fist every time you want to scoop a popcorn would be fun.
Speaker 2: That thing also looks like a fucked up sex toy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does, like and we don't need to expand on that further, but do or do not search jar jar Binks lollipop and then figure out how you want to use it.
Speaker 1: The Mona Lisa got souped by climate activists over the weekend. Protesters from the group Food counter Attack is the English translation. I'll let you guys look up the French translation, so I'm not just like blowing blowing it on my French. But they threw soup at the Mona Lisa, which not that you'd even know it, because I don't know if you saw the picture of like before and after the attack quit the Louver staff swooped in and erected like the most inadequate cloth barriers you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: It's so like, if you're over five feet tall, you're like, why they put that thing? I can wis all the soup on the Mona Lisa, Like it wouldn't have stopped.
Speaker 2: I'm hideous, man.
Speaker 3: And then so they threw the soup on it.
Speaker 1: They then stood in front of the paintings saying what is more important art or the right to a healthy and sustainable food. France's Minister for Culture claimed that there was no cause to ever target the Mona Lisa.
Speaker 3: It belongs to future generations. It's not even a good fucking painting.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: And I just watched that Kevin Hart movie on Netflix that's so fucking terrible about fucking Ripbot, like where they have to jack like a whole bunch of gold and from an airliner in mid air. It's the movie's so fucking bad. Do not watch it. But there's like a whole part was.
Speaker 6: Like the Mona Lisa, man, like you got it was only popular after somebody stole it, and that's what made it popular. So that's what we're gonna do when they steal a fucking nft in like the first scene, and it's so fucking stupid.
Speaker 2: I can't even I can't get that.
Speaker 3: Smart, and like, dude, yes, it's like it's so it's so fucking off base, it's so far off from reality. But they're like, I'm sure when they wrote this script fucking four years ago they were like, oh my god, dude, steal an NFT to make the price go up. But yeah, like the Mona Lisa is whatever. I mean, I've all I hear bad things about it. I have not seen it in the flesh, but I hear it's one of the more underwhelming pieces of art that we sort of like lawed as these masterpieces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been to see it many years ago, and you're changed, you know, just imagining having to tell my grandkids that they lost out on the ability to go have one of the most underwhelming cultural experiences of all time because museum officials got tired of cleaning soup off. The bulletproof glass protecting the tiny painting is heartbreaking. First of all, the monese not even the size of a big screen TV bro. Yeah, which is what I was loudly saying, uh when I saw it.
Speaker 3: That's why I fuck with the Guernico man. Yeah, that I mean, I think so fucking big. I'm like, dude, this is art, dude, because it's so big. I'm a mac. I'm a I'm a size queen, you know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean if the monal Lisa burned tomorrow and also like every piece of it was digitally erased from the Internet, like people would be able to repaint that shit from memory, that's like so burnt into our.
Speaker 3: But also like, would anyone even be like, we gotta let's let's recreate the monalesa people like, man, shut up with that dumb ass painting.
Speaker 2: Nobody gives a fuck.
Speaker 1: I do feel like the when the you know, vicious cycle of hypercapitalism and climate catastrophe and the collapsing media, you know, communication, central nervous system of our civilization finally destroys the planet, the only thing that will be left is the Mona Lisa, like behind a piece of like protective cutting edge technology like.
Speaker 2: That and the Constitution.
Speaker 3: They're like, wow, these people are really weird about their pieces of paper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why did they? Why did they save their planet?
Speaker 3: So this is this is the best you got, all right, So this piece of paper gets oxygen, but the people didn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, well what a what a backwards place this was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's uh, let's take a quick break and then we'll come back and talk Benjapiro being my new favorite MC. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back, and yeah, Ben Shapiro has topped the charts with a rap song that is I don't know it's it's with the guy from a he's like been fame. He made that song. Uh so his name is Tom McDonald. He made the song Coronavirus, which warranted the Dallas Observer's headline, rapper Tom McDonald's song Coronavirus might be worse than the actual coronavirus. Man, not fair.
Speaker 2: That's a low blow. Low blow.
Speaker 3: Also, I have to respect somebody who has their face covered in fucking tattoos and you got your hair all braided up as shit, trying to look like whatever, like nightmare Travis Scott. And your mc name is just your fucking name, Tom McDonald.
Speaker 2: It's not even like t mac or something like that. Like, and I'm Tom McDonald, right.
Speaker 3: You know, I promised my mom I wouldn't I wouldn't change my name to something weird despite having all these head tattoos. Yeah, he's got like, I I feel like he has eyelid tattoos. We had Jack there for decoration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I mean I respect this.
Speaker 1: It's like it reminds me of that student who has a crush on uh Indiana Jones and writes love you on her eyelids. Oh strong move by.
Speaker 2: All right dad?
Speaker 1: Anyways? Uh, it's the song is I was kind of a little taken aback. I've never listened to one of these this guy's songs, but it's just like such straightforward Fox News talking points, Like I assumed they would have like a different or something, but he's like complaining that people don't put the American flag up anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now it's all blm and rainbows. Wow, what the hell happened to this place? And I mean, I'm not gonna lie. He's probably one of the in terms of what I've seen for rap performance, probably one of the better. Matt like he like for Giato blow Uh, mister Auto Trader Grandkid. Yeah, that guy, that guy in coming close to Tom McDonald's.
Speaker 2: I hate admit that, but it's.
Speaker 3: The featured rapper on this track that really has us all completely out of our seats. Just big Bennyes, Okay, super fat.
Speaker 2: Rap music isn't music, it's garbage.
Speaker 3: It's actually anti music, and it is a disservice to people that listen to it. It's not music and discussed, it's discussing and that's all. It's a medium that's used to promote the degradation of society.
Speaker 1: Unless white people are doing it, and unless it's me, and then I will fat shame and e racist stand duhle bunch of other shit. So how are you reviewing his I mean, I will say, like in the the video, the like charismatic void coming off the screen from him is pretty wild. Like there's certain performances in the annals of filmed media that have to be cut around so much that it really like sparks my imagination of like how bad that performance must have been? Right, right, some of the shots of like Henry cavill and like the early Superman movies where he was first playing Superman, they just like cut around his face like they like treat his acting like it's the shark nd Jaws, and just like they're like, what if we just don't show him? Yeah, and like that's what that's kind of how they treat a lot of Ben Shapiro's bars, which that's you know, the whole point of the songs that Ben Shapiro's is rapping. And at some point they like cut away from him to Tom McDonald like singing along to his verse.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's bad, dude, and he's so stiff the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, like if one, if anybody who has rapped along to a song, even like from memory, you get a little, you get a little, you get you start the gesticulations that becomes part of it.
Speaker 2: You gotta have a little bit of a body rock.
Speaker 3: This dude is so fucking stiff, and it to me, first of all, I think we were kind of having this debate before is whether or not he wrote this or he had a ghost writer. I now let me just as Tom McDonald wrote it. But my my feeling, my feeling on this is that this is one percent Ben Shapiro wrote this because it it feels like like when I first started like recording rap songs in high school and shit, like when like the kids who had no business wanted to rap were like I wrote something.
Speaker 1: Right, And it's like this is a no way compliment to him, like to the quality of the rapp or no, no, no, it's just I feel like he wrote a very basic rap for Ben Japiro.
Speaker 3: Of course, listen, listen to this, because we're not going to play the fucking song for you. We just can't go that far.
Speaker 2: But I will.
Speaker 3: I will impersonate him for you. This is literally, this is these are the actually lyrics. Let's look at the stats. I've got the facts. My money like Lozzo, my pockets are fat, Homie, I'm epic, don't be a wap dog gets a yamaka homie, no cap. Look at the graphs, look at my charts. You're blowing money on strippers and cars. You're going to prison. I'm on television, dob, No one knows who you are. Keep hating on me on the internet. My comment section all, well, Karen's I make racksoft compound interest. There's like he's doing like a triplet thing, which is very not good. Y'all live with your parents. Nicky takes some notes. I just did this for fun. All my people download this. Let's get a Billboard number one. Yeah, and again, the reason why I think he wrote this is because he can't perfer for it. It's like he knows his his shit is on the line and he it's just so wild to see someone so absolutely rhythmless and lacking charisma to try and get through an entire rap verse because this man is a robot.
Speaker 2: Like, this guy has no He's just a fucking robot.
Speaker 3: And I know this because he had to reroute all of his processing power to his mouth just to like just to get that like performance off for camera, while the rest of his body was in total paralysis. Like he get his hands in his pockets rapping, right, who the fuck does that?
Speaker 1: He's rapping a little bit like he's like embarrassed to be rapping.
Speaker 3: It feels like the energy, which makes sense. I guess there's another one too, where he's like sitting at his desk and it's clear it's like, maybe we should just do it like the show where he reads from a teleprompter, and if we can get it to do it semi rhythmically, we can make it look like he's rapping. But then part of me just thought they were animating the mouth of like a still photo. Right, how like rigid he was.
Speaker 1: I mean, we've talked before about the bad parts of the eighties being on a comeback, and this is a suspiciously popular novelty rap song by a non rapper, which was a thing that happened a lot in the eighties when like that first became a thing and they were like, if Rodney Dangerfield had a rap song, hey speaking of respect? Yeah, did he have.
Speaker 2: A track about respect? So didn't he? I have no idea. I mean, like, wait, when did he rap?
Speaker 3: It could be it could be rap in Rodney. Oh no, oh shit, I remember this album cover where he had the boombox and shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 2: It's all right, pretty good.
Speaker 1: And then like Nicki Minaj responded and was like, hey, actually pretty impressive because she was dropping something and you know, could appreciate the attention.
Speaker 2: I think, uh, and.
Speaker 3: Did you listen to that tracks Coming At, Coming At and The Stallion. No, it's so fucking bad. That's like we got hit with two absolute rap turns this weekend. Wow, she had to drop the thing called Bigfoot because she's making just talking about the fact that making the Stallion was shot in her own cool, no fault of her own, but being like, yeah, because you got shot and it's like what and it has like it's just weird. The quality is like really bad. A lot of people were like, put the cocaine down, Nikki. It's sounding a little too frantic, but yeah, I think that's where their their vent diagram overlapped this weekend, all right.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: In less fun news, Uh, there was a drone attack Biden, Uh that that killed three US soldiers. Biden has vowed that the US shall responds, and you know, dozens of people were wounded at a military base in Jordan or maybe Syria. Biden blamed the incident on Iran backed militia groups and iron said they have no connection to the attack.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, because.
Speaker 1: If you even over like where it happened, Jordanians are Americans don't want to admit that they are fighting in Syria, and so you know that this is right.
Speaker 3: On the border of Syria. Yeah, So I mean it's wild. How like to the Jordanians were like none, this was that was not Jordan's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't don't get us involved with this, but yeah, I just things are getting more intense. It's just weird to see.
Speaker 3: Also, like how the when I like, as it was being reported, a lot of people are saying, like, you know, this is this marks like the first time that American soldiers have been killed since and I was like, yeah, in the they're like in the Middle East since and they're like October seventh, and I was like, oh right, because it was like it hasn't been that long of a time, Like what are we like, what are we using to say, like how much fighting the US has been doing in the Middle East and how many people have died? And I was like, yeah, it's continues, our presence continues. But now it's a it's just ramping up because now you have like fucking Lindsey Graham being like, we just have to bomb around now right immediately, and.
Speaker 1: They, I mean immediately. I think they recognize. The Republicans recognized that it would both be you know, they love a war, but they also, you know, recognize that people do not want Americans don't want to be involved, like no, to be bombing Iran, and so it be terrible for Biden. But it's also terrible terrible for Biden if they, you know, keep being like why aren't you doing anything? Huh, what are you scared? And he does nothing.
Speaker 3: So I mean there's already a majority of people who are like yeah, yeah, a majority of Americans that don't even want to be arming the Israeli government. So if you want to take that a step for it, like, should we just go into a hot war now in the Middle East? Again, I'm not sure. Aside from the Raytheon crew of voters, you're going to have much support.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but any man, it's great. It's you Love Award during a during election, don't you Good times?
Speaker 1: And we do now have the super Bowl coming up. We know who's going to be in it, Taylor something that will be starting at quarterback. For uh, the way it's being covered, people are acting like this whole thing has been scripted to make it so Taylor Swift is going to be at the super Bowl basically just just so they can get cut away shots of her. They've they've scripted the entirety of the playoffs so that Travis Kelsey's team, her boyfriend's team, will be in the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: But I mean, but when when she throws that super Bowl winning touchdown pass to Travis, oh my god, because Mahomes gets injured in the game, it's I'm telling you, And then like she's gonna take her helmet off and be wearing a Biden twenty twenty four do rag underneath its Yeah, that seems to be the theory. It's wild how many people are like it's scripted. And also this is because Biden, like everybuddy's fucking freaking out on the.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, the right. It's I'm strictly in the Uh. It would be really hard to script the NFL camp of this, of this whole thing. Yeah, and also like the conspiracy theories don't really hold together, Like some some people were claiming that a Canadian TV station was given the info of who was in the Super Bowl weeks ago because somebody said, uh, Reba McIntyre, Usher and Post Malone are slated to perform at San Francisco forty nine Ers and Baltimore Ravens super Bowl matchup on February eleventh, But that isn't what ended up happening.
Speaker 2: There was also.
Speaker 1: A piece of Aaron Rodgers had a theory about who was going to the Super Bowl. He also thought it was gonna be the Baltimore Ravens because the logo for the Super Bowl had their color in it, and that has happened in the past that the color of the logo matches up.
Speaker 3: With the teams.
Speaker 1: He's like, just look at the colors. Man, just look at hey, just look at mine. Do your own research.
Speaker 3: I'm all the saying is I'm a fucking expert when it comes to semiotics and like breaking down symbolism and imagery. So I'm just telling you, like the colors here already presaged everything.
Speaker 2: Cool cool.
Speaker 1: One conservative commentator, as you were referring to, posted that it's all rigged in an effort to spread Democrat propaganda, and the halftime show will find Taylor Swift endorsing Joe Biden despite the fact that she's not actually performing at the halftime show. So I don't know, I don't know who'll believe here. To be honest with you, it's because Vivek has.
Speaker 3: The most disgusting people on Twitter formally known as are like also chiming in, creepy ass Jack psobiac like think just tweeted thinking about when Taylor Swift called out the Soros family in twenty nineteen for buying the rights to her music, and then how she came out a super liberal in twenty twenty, and then Uncle Viv chimed in and said, I wonder who's going to win the Super Bowl next month? And I wonder if there's a major presidential endorsement coming from an artificially culturally propped up couple. This fall just some wild speculation over here. Let's see how age is over the next eight months. So it's just wild too because conservatives they modulate between she's irrelevant and talentless and like a loser and or she's the biggest threat to the MAGA takeover. So again with all y'all, just please pick one and just I mean, I know it's you guys, blow wherever the wind blows you, but just stick to one.
Speaker 2: Can we just stick to Maga downfall like that's what she is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would just be helpful from our perspective for like narrative purposes.
Speaker 3: And speaking of pick one, Taylor, if you.
Speaker 1: Could tell me who to vote for as soon as possible, I'm just getting a little antsy over here.
Speaker 2: I could use your guidance. Can you help me pick one prop bet?
Speaker 3: I should go all in onto because you probably have the insight.
Speaker 1: Info girl, So one prop bet that doctors don't want you to know about all right, shot, those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday, January twenty ninth.
Speaker 3: We are back.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye bye,