Speaker 1: Hey, it's speedy, and this is Rick and Bubba's Greatest Tits, flashing back through thirty one years of Radio Gold every Saturday morning, wherever you get your podcast, it's Ricking Bubba's Greatest.
Speaker 2: Tits, Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 3: Greg, I don't even know where we're to begin. Well, we all love our pets, boy, don't we?
Speaker 4: And I love we've all.
Speaker 5: We've all been documented to do things for our pets that quite frankly, we can't believe we did.
Speaker 4: Absolutely no.
Speaker 5: I mean, and I know Greg especially, I mean I remember when Greg was a hard working pole climbing You know, he used to check our hands.
Speaker 4: For paper cuts.
Speaker 5: See yeah, and uh now you can't find a callous on them hands.
Speaker 3: Not a callous there. And I'm gonna start cutting wood on side.
Speaker 4: He has a he has a house star. He has a house dog. The house dog. I know. It's just weird.
Speaker 3: So you it was shot time for the It's shot time for old baby Girl. You remember she's the one I lost for five days.
Speaker 5: Right, and you her name is baby Girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Because we didn't really planning on keeping any of the puppies, so we didn't really name them and we just kind of would label them, and that one stuck on her and then we ended up with her and we we just had that time to really name her.
Speaker 5: And the little the little boy puppy they were keeping or were gonna named Patrick Swayze.
Speaker 4: And actually we didn't have game.
Speaker 3: We gave Cam Newton away, did you really? Yeah, but uh, no.
Speaker 4: Baby's time.
Speaker 3: I'd ignored her on her shot, so I needed to get her shots and all and uh and she had a little skin problem going to but.
Speaker 4: Little skin problem. Had a little patch of hair or something. But she's good. Like the main patch of hair crashed. It gave her some medicine like the beginning of the main Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'd be afraid of that dog when it never finds out what they just named baby girl. Yeah, anyway, she comes to it though when you call her, well, yeah, she she knows that's what that means. Anyway, So she's outside, just rough dog, you know. I let her run off that time, but I think she's oldough now she find her way home. But anyway, so I had to take her to the Barry Barry Animal Clinic months where I go. They do a great job, by the way, goodness, So that's about maybe twenty five thirty minute drive. So I take Chandler's car because she's got to win him elements and you.
Speaker 4: Know, you just hold them out. So you take your daughter's car because it's easy to element. What is an element?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got all kinds of room in it, and she was just rund of square. Oh it was like a box. Yeah, it was like a school a little bit school bus. Anyway, can hose it out? Oh yeah, it's's vinyl. Everything in there, it's this and you wouldn't believe the room. It's perfect for putting a mangy and the doors come open. It's awesome. So so Chandler's.
Speaker 5: Got to go back to school with a car that had a mangy.
Speaker 6: Dollar.
Speaker 3: Well, I vacuated news. The dollars got the shots. The bad news is your daughter's hair is falling out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I see you vack him. I bet you did a really good They said it in that kind that you can that you can spread it. But Greg has a truck, right, yes, what should jump out of it? Not if you put her in a carrier in the I don't have a carrier. I ain't ain't that into it. I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not investing, but he'll drive thirty minutes. Yeah, to save ten dollars. No, did you give me a talking about that off air? But anyway, and they do a really good job, and uh so, so.
Speaker 3: Greg, you gotta understand you've got a house dog. We're sweaters, but a carrier's out of the question. I don't carry dogs and carriers. Okay, I just don't ted. How about baby girl? Last time I took her, she weighed six pounds. She weighed forty pounds. Good grief, So it's been a while.
Speaker 4: Well, she's eating good.
Speaker 3: It has been a while by the lake sou anyway, So I get there and everything goes back like it normally does. You go in there, she's trying to play with other dogs and she gets completely spooked, and so.
Speaker 4: We get through it. That's no problem. And all the other owners are freaked out because he got some mangy dogs.
Speaker 3: I guess you had her on the leash though there, No, that's the problem. They even provide a leash for you. Yeah, look, she was good. So I get we get done, everything goes good and uh fo or twice. So I'm leaving and you know you gotta go up and pay. Well, now she wants to play with other dogs. You don't have a leash owner now, So I said, well, I'm gonna go stick in the car. Yeah, you come back in here and pay. Yeah, let me stick in the car, come back here and pay.
Speaker 4: So I do. So, I pay, and I leave bopping.
Speaker 3: As I see her, she's sitting in the driver's seat looking at me, just the grinning. I go hit the handle. She's locked herself in there with the keys. What and the keys are in the ignition, which I didn't think a car would lock with them in theignition, but evidently this one does. Listen, And I ain't got a spare key, you know. We went through that at the time she lost them, and I said I was gonna get a spare key. I still hadn't. Yeah, that's what that's what I've been on top of that, you know. So this trip you really saved a lot. Yeah, so I hadn't. Now it worked out, so I don't have a spare key. I'm trying to get her to hit the button again to open it, call her to the window to get her excited so she could hit.
Speaker 4: It again or she can't right and back up if she pushes it again.
Speaker 3: No, it's the automatic door button, the automatic power locks. Yeah, she hit it, locked the whole Well, you come out and there's a dog in your car with with the keys in nition locked lock, locked.
Speaker 4: Herself in it, and it's looking at you like, hey, let's go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you can't kind of warm too. You can't get in. No, I can't get in. I don't have a spare key. So here's what's funny, though. I walk in uh in doctor Barry's uh office, and I said, you don't even believe it's my dog's locked me out of the car and you want They said it happens all the time. They said it happens all the time. And in fact they had one knock a car out of gear and run off in the ditch one, so they said that is very common.
Speaker 4: Did they sell pet Carey? Of course, I was real happy. You know, you know how I dog, I had it pretty good.
Speaker 5: When you saw it locked on Easter weekend, I might ask, right, what did you What did you say?
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna tell you I wouldn't. I handled it pretty good.
Speaker 3: Just for a quick second, I had just a moment of weakness and I let one word that I shouldn't have. Of course, I turned around as little girl standard holding her puppey behind it, and I apologized to her and her mother. I said, I said, with the dogs locked me out of the car, And she was almost like, well, I get it this.
Speaker 4: How loud did you say the word?
Speaker 3: It wasn't that. I'm talking. Well, the mom and the the little girl, it wasn't real bad. They didn't have well in front of it. Well yeah, well it.
Speaker 4: Wasn't an awful word, but I'm trying. Did you crank it up with?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: No, actually, bother me. I handled it way better than.
Speaker 5: To hear from that mom. But I'd like she might have at angle.
Speaker 4: They said that the dog still has his mouth open. Anyway, So look we call. They call some.
Speaker 5: Guy that you're thirty minutes from home, keys and ignition and he's in a hot car by the way, which eventually is gonna go to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Still can't believe you don't have a listen.
Speaker 3: If Glendler didn't have all that stuff on her key ring, I would had the keys in my pocket.
Speaker 4: But you know how they are sixteen year old girls.
Speaker 3: They got a key ring with everything hanging on and I was gonna put that in my pocket.
Speaker 4: So you don't just have a key of your own that.
Speaker 3: No, Evidently I need to get one because this second time, did you get the dogs out and you in? Well, they call Oldpale down the road, so and so with the body shop, he'll come down here and do it.
Speaker 4: Well, wait, he finally shows up. He gets out and he goes.
Speaker 3: Man, my brother's got my break in stuff and he's in his car and I can't find it.
Speaker 4: I said, okay, so that didn't work it.
Speaker 3: What's the dog said? She just laid down in the back looking at me. I'll look in the windows, she'll look up at me. She just laid down, gave up. And then finally it's probably surphrase her. I think what time would would think Fraser? It was about eleven eleven? It was hot star anyway, Officer Fraser, I believe who it is got up to night. He came and got it out really yeah, before before brain damage set in on. She was a little bit groggy, right, she was good. I crank the air up, revived her. Did you get Officer Fraser? And also speak to the little girl and trying to drig on her that was a minor part. In fact, I don't even I'm not sure she even heard. So do you have to pay the nice officer? No, if there's something you know, they don't want to make a habit of doing that.
Speaker 4: But if you got a baby or a dog in a car, and they'll do it because you know, eventually probably a dog maybe or a dog. How about a dog named baby? Yeah? But anyway, when I walked out, she had locked that door. How long did it take you? By forty five minutes to get the whole thing? Oh, take care of.
Speaker 2: Ricking Bubba, ricking Bubba.
Speaker 4: Uh, undoubtedly.
Speaker 3: If you've been listening lately, our wives have found themselves in all sorts of situations. Up we've talked about Sherry. Now Betty Loud joins us. Betty Lou Bussy Bubba's wife, Betty. How you doing? I'm great.
Speaker 7: How are y'all? Well?
Speaker 3: I've got a weird email from subway security, New York City.
Speaker 4: Do you know anything about that?
Speaker 7: Well, I tell you somehow or another I was somehow they thought I was a racist against battalions on the subway. I don't know what happened. I announced that I loved spaghetti, but it didn't seem to matter. I don't know why.
Speaker 4: Let me be sure of this.
Speaker 3: You and you and your family are on the subway New York City.
Speaker 5: We have us ricked me, Betty and the kids. We're on the seven train right, Okay. We're coming back from the US Open, which is also where the Mets play. It's out at the end of the line, out near LaGuardia Airport and uh Guardia Guidia.
Speaker 4: You're going to going to LaGuardia And it's.
Speaker 7: A it's a nice forty five minute ride on the subway back to Grand Central station and it is packed, okay, and like sardines. It's fact.
Speaker 5: Yes, Betty and I are standing fairly close together. The kids are in the kind of area, but they're not exactly right with us.
Speaker 3: It's two bigger crafts and and and somehow, Betty, you got into a disagreement with Italian picture picture this.
Speaker 7: We're all standing up, you know, trying to hold on to those rail things, you know. As the train goes back and forth. There's this man sitting reading a book and he looks, did y'all see Cheaper by the dozen? The guys the second one where the dark haired guy with the dark glasses. He's Seth Martin's nemesis or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's also he's also in the Best in Show and all that.
Speaker 7: Yeah that is this guy by the way, can't think. Yeah, I don't remember his name, but anyway, and he has some kind of shirt on. I mean, I didn't notice. I just saw a guy rading, you know. So anyway, we had been given these hats too at us Open, so I was trying to hold on to these hats that everybody had to have. Of course, we ended up leaving in his hotel because nobody cared about him once.
Speaker 4: We got them home, right, it was a big deal while you were there. Had to have it.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I had to have that. So any fly and imistress or something.
Speaker 5: Something Emirates airline, it's something.
Speaker 7: So anyway, I'm holding these hats with all I can to do, trying to hold onto the real two will. Apparently one of the hats hit his book or something, and I didn't even realize it. Didn't realize it, you know, because I'm just trying to hold on.
Speaker 4: Plus we're packed in there like human charges.
Speaker 7: Yes, and not fall in his lap, you know, that would I guess that really would have offended him if I were to just sat in his lap, you know. But anyway, he next thing I know, I'm turned around the other way trying to hold on. I was just trying to figure out which way would be the best, you know, to hold on, doing it too handed or go into the one pole with both hands. You Anyway, I had my back too, and the next thing I know, somebody's poking me on the back or whatever. And I turned around. I said yes, and he said, you have hit my book twice or some like that. It sounded almost like a German you know what, papos you know, I turn around. I just kind of looked at him, and I know it probably made him mad that I never did say anything because I was thinking, am I being punked? Or what?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, you're thinking what you're thinking? Hey good, and we're all packed in here, you trying to read a book. It's stupid anyway, right, I know.
Speaker 7: And so anyway, I said, are you? I said, really, I needn't say it like smart, right, but I said, really, well, I'm so sorry, you know, And then I just kind of looked at him again, like laugh and say you're kidding, now, are you right right?
Speaker 4: Please tell me you're not overly upset.
Speaker 7: About this, And so then he went into this no, no, and then he goes, you have hit my book twice. And we were here before. I know you Americans are here and we were here too, and we are important too. You see my shirt, and you think I am sitting here blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 4: So he's not. He's not. He's not a state trooper working highway one night.
Speaker 7: In what I turned around and I was trying to study his shirt and well what I was trying to figure out what kind of shirt? Why you didn't even know what kind of shirt he had on? I thought, well, I figured he got it old navy or so I was look like old navy to me, you know what I mean, I don't know what shirt is Italian and what's not. So anyway, the more I just studied him look at him, the matter he seemed to get. So anyway, he just well, there was a girl. There was two girls speaking. You'll hear all kinds of languages. They were French or Spanish or something. I don't even know what they were speaking of down that Spanish. He finally you have he finally gets off the subway after a few more Well, and he never did say anything else after that, you know, and I just kta would kind of look at him every now he finally gets off the subway, and those one of those girls, in just as great English as you've ever heard, better than I speak English, said that's been speaking of this other language the whole time.
Speaker 8: She goes, so, your.
Speaker 7: Friend got off, so said yeah, I guess so, or something like that. And she said, well, he told me I was smothering him while ago. One of those the man was a little bit paranoid.
Speaker 3: Well, he gives you a whole speech about being an immigrant over over your hat bumping bumping.
Speaker 4: You know what you should have said.
Speaker 3: Look, you said you were on the subway first, I was in the country first.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 7: I know? Well, really, what I was dying to say is if you were any kind of a gentleman like we have in the south here, but would get up and let me sit.
Speaker 4: Hey, how about that? I am Well girl, Well, Betty, let's face it.
Speaker 3: Based on the story about you and about Shery today, gentlemen must be a thing of the past.
Speaker 4: Well they don't exist anymore.
Speaker 5: And Rick, what's so, what's so odd about this? There's so many people on the car. He's sitting down, and I'm standing next to him.
Speaker 4: Betty and I are.
Speaker 5: We we have maybe one or two people between us and maybe one but we're no more than two three foot apart. And there's so much noise and clacking and that thing moving. This goes on and I don't even know what's happening. And I'm talking to guy standing next to me, and I look around and I see Betty moving away, and she's got that look on her face like something's wrong, you know. And I'm looking at her, going to you okay, and she's she doesn't want to talk about it, of course, with him standing sitting right there, because he's giving me the sign I'll tell you later. And I noticed the other ladies standing there all have a funny look.
Speaker 4: On their face.
Speaker 5: So I can't tell what's going on, and I think, oh my gosh, am I fixing have to, you know, go to fisticut going on in the New York subway, which which I try to avoid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when we all should should like to.
Speaker 5: Go down the mall fight like everybody else, but you know, I try to avoid it.
Speaker 4: On the seven.
Speaker 3: What is this generation of men right now that have become a bunch of drama queens. I mean, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 7: I don't know, but I started asking him as Calhoun County meant anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they don't, you know, like.
Speaker 3: We always say, Look, we may not be in out in Calhoun County, but we can go county.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, after he left, I asked Betty, I said, what happened? She goes, I really don't know what happened. So I you know, I'm totally confused at this point because you know, Betty has called me before to say I'm up under an eighteen wheeler and.
Speaker 4: I don't know how I got there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, you know you just have to kind of try to figure it all out.
Speaker 4: And uh, just very bizarre.
Speaker 3: So your hat bumped his book and it lets you a speech about m immigration.
Speaker 7: See I'm not real sure that I even bumped him. I think it might have been Caitlin. She was the one standing closer to him, But I guess he realized she was a child and didn't want to say anything to her, so he realized I was her mom and then got told me I did. I don't even think I could have bumped his book. I wasn't staying in that close.
Speaker 1: Enough to you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: We're crammed in. We're crammed in a subway, all of us on top.
Speaker 5: We're in a subway. We're zipping along. There's a graffiti on everything that's not moved. Sure, okay, and uh, and I'm trying to figure out what's going on.
Speaker 7: I thought, oh God, forget, don't forget. The night before when we were on the subway, three guys get on there with bikes over everybody's feet and everything else was bikes. If he would have been I would love to have seen the altercation with the little man with the book with bikes, you know what I mean. He would have had a heart attack if the bikes would have got on there.
Speaker 3: And he thought you had an issue with Italians in general.
Speaker 7: I guess so, I don't know. I didn't even know he was lily white. I didn't know he was Italian. I don't what to see what nationality everybody looks like. When I get on something, you know how good, I don't care, you know what I mean? And I'm not, you know what I mean. We're all on me and Heaven together one of these days, hopefully with every knee mouth, you know what I mean. So let's get on with it.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, who cares?
Speaker 5: Of course, the rest of the trip, everybody's going, hey, Betty, he's up on the attack. I mean, I was like, La, let's we'n't order spaghetti for everywhere?
Speaker 4: Spaghetti? Thanks you, glad you got through it.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm on record.
Speaker 6: I love Italian id Italian.
Speaker 4: You are bumping my book. All right, We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: So they like ricking Bubba, Rick and Bubba.
Speaker 3: After the BCS National Championship game, we're now walking through the parking lot. The family has just had a blast. We're having a great time, and now we're headed to the airport because we were flying out right after the game. We've we've discovered there's gonna be no way to go and see Blake our Son, which was disappointing, but the way the stadium is set up, I mean they're going back out from underground on to the buses, and you had to go all the way back to their team hotel which was in Scottsdale, which is a little bit of a ride with the traffic and we had to go catch our plane, and so we're disappointed about that. We're trying to text and try to talk to them on the phone and it's just manium. So as we're going back, we had media parking which was great, which was at the Media Center where we did the show Monday, and even had the folks that came out to that and talk a little bit about that coming up on the on the Wrecking bub a challenge, and so the way they would try to wall things off to control the people, well, we we saw they were letting people through to go get on the buses which were parked on the same road, and across that road was our car. I mean, I mean, you come down, everybody's getting on these charter buses. But if you cross the street just as you go to our car, you know. So we go to across the street, there's no traffic and a security woman stops my wife and she says, you cannot cross the street. And it started out calm, and my wife said, well, we have media parking, and I mean I see our van it's right there. And the woman says, well, you you're not coming in here, and and and do.
Speaker 4: You have a flag in her hand? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then I said, which I thought was true. Well then what what what what should we do? You've walled off. There's no way to get to the parking lot. She said, we ain't coming here. So then Sherry who who you know? He has a very gentle spirit.
Speaker 4: Uh, used her, the family diplomat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the family diplomat used her favorite word, ridiculous. That's my wife's favorite word. Well, that's ridiculous. And uh and I and then I said, well, honey, and I tend to agree. And I said, honey, just uh, well you don't. I said, you cannot, honey, just second, honey, just let mean if I could, just I just want to say, I'm trying to stay calm. And and then then then here comes the other security go, well, hey, hey, what's probably? I said, Really, the point is, well, I tell what I tell you what the problem is, y'all being ridiculous. Our van is right there and this we can't even cross just to go right the honey, can I think I can? Hey what I tell you what? I tell you what I'm going across the street. Honey, please don't go across the street. We're just we did you know? And uh and and you know the kids are standing there going to mamas are we don't know? We're not going sir. And then finally I said, let me let me say this because it is a little frustrating. You're just telling us to go back into this area away from where we're parking, but you're not giving us what you would like for us to do in order to get to that van. Can I That's all I'm trying to say. Yeah, I get that, you're not un less cross the street. We've gotten I know she hasn't got it yet. I'm gonna she's gonna get that here in a minute. But where you're I think making a mistake. If I could, and I'm really talking like this now my voice is starting to raise. I wish you would just tell us what we know. What's what do I need to do to get to that van? If this is not gonna be allowed.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 3: That's where I'm at, right And and the guys, I'll tell you what you I said, you aint not coming in here. Hey we got that? Bye man, y'all are real clear about that. She doesn't have it. I promise that We're not gonna bull It's ridiculous, right right. I know, right now, she's ready for me to block you where she can go get in the van.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna do that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But let me tell you this because I want to show the respecting you know, people law enforcement in front of all the children here.
Speaker 4: But but here's what I would like to say.
Speaker 3: I think it's reasonable for you to say, if we can't come here, where should we go? You go out there and you go around that barricade. I said, I got the barricade, but it doesn't appear. And maybe you can help me that that that barricade is gonna allow me to cut in and you know, to where that parking lot is.
Speaker 4: It looks like you've got that parking lot blocked off.
Speaker 3: We have a pass which is where y'all park Us was trying to find trying to get people to you where to park in.
Speaker 4: It was a nightmare too. Nobody would even tell you.
Speaker 3: And and so I said, okay, just tell me where I should go to get in that van.
Speaker 4: That's where I'm at.
Speaker 3: Well, I tell you, sir, if you just just if you just con down, nobody's being the I'm not being uncolmed. You know, I'm ready to say, hey, it's great to being Auburn Tigers. Where I'm at, okay, and we want to enjoy this. We want to have fun. Need to get in that van, So you just tell me how to get in it. That's where I'm.
Speaker 4: At now, hands in the air.
Speaker 3: My hands are in the air. I'm throwing them up. And then Sherry doesn't like that plan. She says, no, we should just walk right there to it, because it's right there in front of them. Yes, And I said, but you know what, honey, I don't think this person with all this gear on was gonna let that.
Speaker 1: Happen, right, so I and I'll tell you this, it's ridiculous, you know what.
Speaker 3: We got that and I agree with you, But it doesn't really matter as long as they keep saying no, okay. So, because I really don't think we want to end the BCS weekend by missing our plane, because we're in a cage.
Speaker 4: That'll take experience. Bobby was daddy in cuff. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now there's gonna be other Auber fans already in that cage, I'm sure, but I mean, it ain't gonna be the same, you know what I mean? And so uh so, then he says, sir, if you will walk down here, it's going to be out of your way, but there is a place you'll be able to come through them and get the VAM.
Speaker 4: That's what I was looking for.
Speaker 3: That's it. It's all I need to know. Thank you, sir, and thank you for the great job you're doing. I'll tell you the job you're doing is a ridiculous job like that, honey, please, let's.
Speaker 4: Just your harassing people.
Speaker 3: So so, so we get up and we go through that, and we do come around and find our way to it. We get in the van, which they should have just told you early, right right right, which.
Speaker 4: I needed that right out of the gate. I tell you what you had. And now we're get in so much trouble. Oh here we go.
Speaker 3: We had a cat fight going until the dude arrived.
Speaker 4: They was about to get bad. There it is, I said it. We had a cat fight.
Speaker 3: We had woman with a badge, and we had woman who didn't didn't didn't want one with a badge tell her she couldn't do something. Wow, she was looking at her van right well. And Sherry's point was, I can see it. And you know what, that was a great point and there was no traffic and it would have been a simple process to walk across.
Speaker 4: I got that. But that's not what they want us to do. Okay.
Speaker 3: And now, you lady with the badge, you know, instead of you letting your emotions get away, just tell.
Speaker 4: Us where you go. You can't come in right here, but you can down there right here's right. Here's how.
Speaker 3: You can't just say, go back into that crowd. Not tell us how we're gonna get to our car. That's not reasonable. Matter of fact, my loss is ridiculous. Agree, So listen the funniest part. So we get in the van, okay, and we're all ready to get back, and all of a sudden, from the back seat, because kids just love these moments, hey hey dad, uh huh, yes, son, aren't we supposed to to be respectful to law enforcement?
Speaker 4: You know what? Son?
Speaker 3: Yes we are, Yes, we are now sometimes law enforcement. You know, you just need to answer a question for mom and daddy. And that was where to go. I thought we were supposed to do what the police tells us to do. We are, we are, And you know what, you're absolutely right on that, son.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I wish you were passionate about all the other things we've taught you right now, you know what I mean. And uh and uh.
Speaker 4: But ridiculous, daddy.
Speaker 3: Daddy is ridiculous being disrespectful to you know what son. Uh, it can be if if if said in the tone that was saying it, you know what I mean. But you know what, sometimes even law enforcement can be unreasonable.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: But we we were respectfully trying to find our way to the van.
Speaker 4: We just needed to answer.
Speaker 3: All we were was that that's the nice uh missus policeman and mister policeman not to put mommy in jail.
Speaker 4: And and tell and tell daddy where was she official policeman or was she security? Help?
Speaker 3: Hard to tell a lot of gar on, you know, a lot of a lot of vests. Yeah, of course Sherry kept saying it, call him technicality, that it was just security. Still probably authority though again you know what I mean, what word security across from you know that that's uh, you know. And the big guy walked up, look like he had gear on.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You know, hey, we're in our van, guys, and uh, and let's always respect law enforcement. Uh and and if we could calmly ask him a question sometime, that's fine because sometimes they get emotional too, uh like the woman in the big yellow vest. You know what I mean, Just that he was just trying to get an answer. Getting a little older, and you know, and one of the things that is involved in that, you know, because you get that old feeling, you get that call, mister burchesse.
Speaker 4: So just remind you of your appointment with doctor so and so. What is this about. Well last year, remember we put you down for your annual physical. That's a great co out.
Speaker 5: That just takes your edge off coming to work in the morning, knowing that that's looming out there behind you.
Speaker 4: So sweet.
Speaker 3: And you know, let me be clear before we go any further, because I know some of y'all have here and then you get third hand information. It is wise for every man, once you get over four to have an annual physical because it is just foolish to die of something that is preventable. Oh yeah, okay, I mean that's just foolish. I know we don't. I know, we don't like to go to the doctor. I know we don't like to have our prostate checked. None of us do, matter of fact if you do, and you know you've probably got some other issues, righteah, okay, but it's but but but it's food. I mean, I know I have friends I know that, uh that you know this this examination saved a lot okay, and uh and and I know some who who put it off and and it was too late. So uh so it it just you know, there's there's a lot of things that we don't have much control over. These these are things that they're caught early. They can they can you can survive them. That's survival ratey just through the roof from prostate camps. Right, if it's caught early.
Speaker 5: Now, you don't fault me for being mad that we don't you know that science has not give us a better alternative.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, the doctor and I discuss that again. Uh So anyway, uh you're rolling on to the physical And I know we've talked about this a lot, and so I'm not going to rehash some of the other commentary we've had in the past, uh on the on the prostate examination. But it's it's there's no party for the doctor either. We all know that, Okay, So you know I hadn't seen him in a year and he rolls in, you know. And what I don't like though, is the giggling that goes on, you know, from you know, some of the assistants. Okay, mister Burgess, just look here. Okay, we're good. Let's let's weigh you again. Okay, you're your weights down. That's good. Doctor, be glad to see that. Okay, all right, of course you know you're you're doing that, you know, and they give it some initials.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I got you.
Speaker 3: And that's not gonna be much fun. No, ma'am, it's not. But you know, I ask you this, understand, and then you have to get the speech on them. Well, it's nothing like what we go through.
Speaker 4: Okay, look how about this.
Speaker 3: I agree whatever, you know, it's just like I said, But we're talking about degrees of what degrees of horror?
Speaker 4: You know, and it's all still horror.
Speaker 5: Ask you this in the medical community, is there another organ that have to physically put their finger on the check it.
Speaker 4: I'm just testing. I'm just wanting to know.
Speaker 3: Well, and you know, there's the blood test. There's a blood test, the p S something that that helps. And I keep asking, why do we just want we just do the blood test, and he says, well, the you.
Speaker 4: Know, and he said that it works, but it ain't perfect. He said, things I don't want to talk about.
Speaker 3: And so he comes in and what what's always kind of uncomfortable between the doctor is that we act like we're going to talk about other things, right, And I said, look, brother, let's get this.
Speaker 5: Let's get we're not going to talk about the super Bowl. You schedule this to be the week after the super Bowl?
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, I do a good plan. Listen.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know what to do. But there's just no moment in any grown man's life that that anybody can say that it's a good feeling when some when another man in an office says, all right, mister burgess, let's let's get down to you underwear, and you like, does that mean you want to be able to hear my heart real good?
Speaker 4: And you never know what to do with your hands? Yeah, And you're like, there's a moment, I suggest brace.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a moment you're just standing there, get your hand hope. Yeah, you're just standing there in your grippies because I'm not a boxer guy, and you're just standing there in the guy's office.
Speaker 4: You know, you're six to your two.
Speaker 3: Hundred and sixty eight pounds to seventy and you're standing there and there's another guy in there and he's over making notes, and you're just like, man, could this be any more uncomfortable?
Speaker 4: And it's cold? You have a robe? Yeah, and uh and so got.
Speaker 3: A fire in here somewhere, yeah. And then there's always a heater. Then there's always that car.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And there's always that uncomfortable moment. There's always an uncomfortable moment where you begin to question where you're giving him the proper angle. That's the part I don't like. It's burgas. I need, I need a little more. He's gonna have to a little more. Mister Burgess, You're you're not been over like you need to be. And I said, boy, I said, I hadn't been in this position since April fifteenth of last year. You're right, but uh at the account's office.
Speaker 4: But so he said, you had to.
Speaker 3: He didn't use the word bend over. He tried to use a different word because he didn't want to say that either. Mister Bird could just move forward just a little more, a little more over?
Speaker 4: Uh? So U, yeah, you get your face closed to the desk.
Speaker 3: Hey, how don't why don't we just quit talking, my brother and just just go get what you gotta get?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: And uh, have you ever just just said let's just look forget the paperwork, the warm up, I don't get it done. Get it done, then we'll talk.
Speaker 3: I said, next year, based on what happened, And I'll tell you what happened based on this year.
Speaker 4: I said.
Speaker 3: Next year, I'm already being my grippies. You come in the door, throw down, throw just take my my folder, throw it down, and go get what you gotta get.
Speaker 4: I don't like this.
Speaker 3: How we we we're all kind of you know, walk you're kind of walking around it, not talking about it. And in fact, but you know, guys, something happened this year that has never happened, okay, and we and we acknowledged it. This was the quote, you know, when he when he finally he finally decided that he would go mining and for for for the gold. There's certain things that are just uncontrollable. And and I begin to fight this year.
Speaker 4: I fought.
Speaker 3: It's like I wasn't gonna.
Speaker 4: Let it happen.
Speaker 3: You can't and and and and he was like hey now, and I'm like, man, I I don't know what to do here. I'm just it's like my body is saying no this year. And look, so we finished up and he's over like holding his hand. He said, hey, you kind of fought me this year. And I'm like, I don't know what to do. I just I just I just that's not a normal you know, he said, I tell you one thing.
Speaker 4: He said, well boy, wow, And.
Speaker 3: I mean he's over like like getting a splint out for his finger. Well, you you clamped down on me. And I was like, well, I just I don't know what happened. I uncontrolled. And then we're kind of uncomfidence that you just you would you didn't, you didn't go easy this year. I'm like, I don't know what happened. Man, I was up on my toes. That's all I could do. I can't keep my body from saying that's not gonna you remember, you know how, you know how your bobby body has that memory to kick back to that moment.
Speaker 4: So you've heard of muscle memory. That was it? Yeah, muscle, you know what the last time you were here, something happened, you know, it's like my it's like my body said, my body knows you not this year. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Of course, then I had to give him, you know, the the props back. I said, well, I noticed you rundefeatable though, yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then there's that terrible moment where they just they flip that box of tissue over to you, and.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm not gonna ye. Aren't we embarrassing? You know?
Speaker 3: And then you then you like it like a loser pull you pull you underwear back up, and he like goes out for a minute and gives you a minute to yourself, and at that moment, you are alone in the universe.
Speaker 4: Well, Rick, let me read the text.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's my text. Here's a text that came in. Well, the deed just happened, and I fell all alone. He just left and I'm in my grippies, staring at the tissue, feeling as if I have no friends, totally alone in the universe.
Speaker 4: That's the text that came from Rick shortly after the deed.
Speaker 3: And it's weird because you know, with all this cold weather, there's the good and the bad. The good is my sinuses were as clear as they can be, right, okay, and and and the bad news was that my little spirit was broken. Yeah, I mean just broken, a broken spirit.
Speaker 4: Now when he comes back in, do you have to just tack like it? Didn't you go right to the super Bowl, right to the Super Bowl? About the pack Yeah, how about them Packers?
Speaker 5: I don't know that.
Speaker 4: Was a bad joy? Okay, No, don't How about Patriots? Yeah, I hope they're good next year. What about you just quit using all those.
Speaker 2: Other names, ricking Bubba, ricking Bubba.
Speaker 3: Now, speedy, you were telling us something. You know, you the father of three boys, and you know you were you were telling us. You know, you get into coaching me. But you know, when we become you know, being a husband has its own bizarre things. Then you start then you become somebody's dad, and things get even with, you know, just the things you deal with in parent world. But your your middle son had a strange request, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and for some reason he went to uh Terry with it for her to come to me with it.
Speaker 4: Uh And he went to mom. Yeah, and so she strategy.
Speaker 1: He's She's like, hey, j C's got a plan for his birthday party at the end of October.
Speaker 4: And I was like, okay, boy, that I mean, that's here just October.
Speaker 1: Now I know, and this has been a couple of weeks and and now I think it's real because Terry's behind it. And well, if mama, if mama, look, yeah, she says, now look j C wants a couple of things.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: He wants to have a party at the house. And he wants you to turn the front yard into a football field, line it off and everything and have a football party and then have a dance afterwards, a dance.
Speaker 4: And I said a dance. I said, what are you talking about? Girls? And he said yeah.
Speaker 1: And he wants a big white tint and underneath the tent. He wants you to be the DJ.
Speaker 3: He wants to bring Calvin's Playhouse back. And I say, your son's birthday. I said, you're talking about DJ Daddy. I said, he don't know nothing about that. Now, I said, now what do I play?
Speaker 4: You don't play that, no, and be very clear about that.
Speaker 1: And and I said, so you're talking about instead of you know, Calvin's Playhouse, called it Daddy's playhouse.
Speaker 3: I mean that sounds kind of weird.
Speaker 1: And then and listen, it goes a little deeper, which makes which makes me want to do this. She goes and he's questioning if you were any good or not, and he's trying to play that car. I said, excuse me, I said, are you his agent or something, Terry. Why won't he come talk.
Speaker 4: To me about it?
Speaker 1: And she says, well, he's got it all planned out. And I said, I said, honey, we live in a very nice neighborhood. I can't be DJ Daddy out in the front yard and it echoes. Why And I said, I said, and I mean, you know homeowners Association loves to write letters. I'm sure it would get one. And I said, you know, we'd have to go and invite all the neighbors. And I mean what I said, the reason one of the reason why the way you do without you no right, I said. One of the reasons I love to go have birthday parties somewhere else is you leave and they clean up.
Speaker 4: That's what you pay for. I love birthday parties other places.
Speaker 1: I said, do you realize the headache behind getting a white tint renting a white tint? I'm like I was. I was fumbling for fun sources phone number. Hey, y'all have white something and you know, oh yeah, he wants the sidewalls and lights underneath the tent lights.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, who is he? What do you think? He's Diddy's son? And he said he said.
Speaker 1: She said, well, look he he's never had a big birthday party. And I said, so you want that? He wants to play football and then have an after party.
Speaker 4: Does he want to pep rally to you know what he's having homecoming?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But but he she said, he said, ain't playing without the girls there. And and he said, now, look, he is real serious about you being in ambarrassing him if you're not any good.
Speaker 4: He didn't want you to do it if you're not any good.
Speaker 1: And I said, if I'm not even with that, I said, honey, does he know that's how I got you? And then she didn't like that, right, But and I was just kind of playing.
Speaker 4: I told her, I apologize. Somebody fell in love with the DJ. That's right. I bet Adler to come do it. You need a little food with this, Freddie.
Speaker 1: I am there now, because you would look like one of them out there, or you could go this.
Speaker 4: Route coming coming coming to the playhouse.
Speaker 8: He that's right, coming to the playhouse for one time only you knowing you love him. He's coming to the playhouse. He brings his past street straight straight to double play.
Speaker 4: Lay Jay saidn't know about this. He doesn't.
Speaker 3: It's d d J d j.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 5: This is DJ Bubba.
Speaker 4: I'm all up in a house.
Speaker 1: He brings his special brand of heavy scratching and wrapping the hands.
Speaker 5: Wave your hands in the air, waven like you just don't Hey, where'd you get that sandwich?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 4: John?
Speaker 1: Don't miss this command Command performance by DJ DJ Bubba.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, he a kitty kitty, He a kitty kitty.
Speaker 8: I remember taking the party in twenty one radio operators with the ballot which your radio license get into half price from nineteen hundred and twenty one hundred.
Speaker 4: So so like what we used to do after lunch. So Bubba, I need I need to know your talent fee.
Speaker 1: And also, I mean the saga has started now, I mean it is real and it is growing legs, and Terry's all about it.
Speaker 4: You don't d J your your your son's eleven year birthday party?
Speaker 1: He wants s J deb So I gotta have a big white ten A football deal and have the whole neighborhood turned upside down?
Speaker 4: Where you go to get the equipment?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: I don't know, freaking Bubba Ricking.
Speaker 3: Line five. You're commenting on Adler, but I can't see what your name is.
Speaker 4: Go right ahead, go ahead and make fun of him all. But yeah, he was totally off on the blue ray player thing.
Speaker 5: I mean, why check out technology that is like the standard nowadays?
Speaker 4: Always said.
Speaker 3: Those are your words?
Speaker 4: Greg?
Speaker 5: Now, now are you a big Are you a big gamer?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir I am. The PS four is what's sold out last week, so there's no way the sales could be better than I understand what the news story said. They said you PlayStation four and Jack. So I'm gonna stretch out here. You're not gonna worry about buying a ring this Christmas though?
Speaker 4: Right? I'm married? Oh boy, how old are you, sir? I'm thirty nine and you're still a big gamer? Yes, sir, I am. I've been married over ten years. Now about it? So you like the four? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do you like the four?
Speaker 4: Is he saying you can't find him? Pretty much?
Speaker 5: I mean this PlayStation XBO this thing is much like many of these football rivalries.
Speaker 4: Coke pibs. You know all this.
Speaker 5: I mean it's you're on one side or the other.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, Cross Our national syndicator is S S I and and Bob Carrey. That's on show a lot of you. As he told you about his neighbor of the gamer no ask really, Yeah, I thought you talk about a low maintenance neighbors.
Speaker 4: You never see them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he says that game he said he's in the basement twenty four seven. Yeah, they said his skin color was the color of bubbles.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: I'm a little worried though, when you're you know, when you're forty, and you're more worried about how many points you got on Farmville or whatever they put.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what that is. I don't like you. I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I didn't know about the PlayStation four's not a gafer.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what do.
Speaker 4: You say it was? He said a gayer gamer gamer.
Speaker 1: About story, Yeah, accounting, I got lo what I'm saying, crazy man, you need a man?
Speaker 3: Sorry, that is that's actually that's actually a job on a movie set.
Speaker 4: Ye said it again? You rapid fires went three times?
Speaker 9: I mean.
Speaker 4: What I thought he.
Speaker 6: Sounds like he's in is bring particular. I don't know what he said about said it. I think he said he's got a point.
Speaker 3: You couldn't hear him clear, But I think he said, bo I never thought i'd have to draw you the dog around with the microphone. It turns out you won't be back to January sixteen, see on January.
Speaker 4: Say you there. I'm glad he didn't say something else I'm doing it. Sounds like he said, can you hear him? The speaker kind of muffled it, but there was a chance no one would have understood. Let me repeat it once but twice? Uposed to be let up, Rick.
Speaker 6: Turn me up?
Speaker 4: Uh, I should have kids in the car and be repeated testing chick check R. We got you know what that is, don't you. We got some munch specials here today for the young kids sitting out the window. Here's what he said, little fellow, get out of the streak and let me tell you that one more time. You look going ticket seats. So no, Rick turned the monitor up.
Speaker 2: He didn't even know what he was saying.
Speaker 4: What's that? Probably as clear as he spoke the whole day. I've heard of anything that clear. I've been here for five years. We come back. Uncle Baba tells you where babies come from.
Speaker 2: Don't throw up speedy, ricking bubba, ricking bubba.
Speaker 5: The story from the La Times say that when your mother told you not to pour an entire container soy sauce on your bowl of white rice, she had a reason. Apparently, too much soy sauce can really be dangerous. A nineteen year old Virginian went into a coma and almost died after drinking a quart of soy sauce. So what on earth would possess someone who's not a professional sushi eater to consume so much soy? A dare of course, Greg And this is right, Gregor is Gregg and his food there.
Speaker 4: Food there is greg.
Speaker 3: I said, near to have killed the person who'd have thought that, though you do this sounds just like you knows so much soy sauce it started to seizure. Uh And like Bobby said, he rain in a calm but except for three days and then woke up on his own all off.
Speaker 5: Of a dare Yes said he suffered a medical condition I can't pronounce. It's caused by too much salt in the blood. The salt causes the brain to lose water, shrink and bleed a now a lot of salt. They say this is the first person known to have overdosed deliberately on high amounts of salt and survived without any neurological problems that they can detect so far.
Speaker 4: Normal saut sauce, fig you, I told you no more. It's salty, man, It's real salty. What is that with the green cap on it?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: That is that is less salt or lower sodium. But it's still pretty salty. See. I dabble with soy sauce, but I don't like a lot of it. Too salty in me, too too salty. I dare shrimp.
Speaker 3: I'll jump all over at shrimps. Also, if I'm doing Japanese, I love that trip.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's in that young young sauce. I call it where you could dip anything and it'll.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm talking about. It's kind of like thousand none dressing. Yeah, yellowish yo good?
Speaker 3: Do you call it?
Speaker 4: Yum?
Speaker 2: Young?
Speaker 4: Do you love eggros? You know why? Because it's younggros. I love love, love agros. I love it. I remember when I was a kid on the salad man. I love it. I don't like that.
Speaker 3: That looks like something through you on you on your plate. It's uh, it's I don't mean their salads. I love the salads.
Speaker 4: I used to not like it.
Speaker 2: I laid it.
Speaker 4: What about that one time souper throw in there?
Speaker 3: I like it?
Speaker 4: Well, it's it's it's something. It's something to dabble with. What it looks like? They you know, a chicken bathe.
Speaker 3: In its flavored water.
Speaker 5: It's like I ran the water over the chicken, caught it up, you know the But it's good. I'll drink but one true.
Speaker 4: I don't a little hot. You gotta let it cool. I don't like the hot and sour soup. Really, I'll tell you when it.
Speaker 5: When I go to the sushi hibachi places, I pretty much love everything in there.
Speaker 4: I can't go wrong.
Speaker 3: The soup's very watery, it's almost like flavored water. They fow a couple.
Speaker 1: Up though, Yeah, well get your whiff lean over?
Speaker 4: Are you do?
Speaker 3: You would you if you could only choose? And you have to forgive me because I'll come off a whole weekend with my kids, my boys. What do I have to do?
Speaker 4: You can only use my boys.
Speaker 3: I don't play that game they live for and I forget what they call it, but that's all they do is sit there there and the lunch and they do scenarios. Okay, Dad, would you rather be at the beach or at the lake? And I'm like, son, I like both of them, but which one? If you don't, don't use one? And they'll do things like okay, if it was just one day lake, if it was a weak beach, stuff like that. Yeah, and they're they're constantly doing them and uh. And it's also I just got here with the id right now. If you had to have Japanese or Chinese and you can only have one, what would it be us a difference? Well, the the Chinese is a different setup. You've got the hibachi grill for the.
Speaker 4: For the what places do I know, you don't know what Chinese food like?
Speaker 3: It would be like you having to choose from going to that Chinese buffet we used to go to down here at the okay that versus going over to a Japanese restaurant where the guys doing all this stuff, right, you'd have to choose that food.
Speaker 4: I'll probably go where the hibachi grill is sell you're Japanese. Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 5: But to the others is good too. I mean, I don't pass up. I like the General's chicken now, I don't. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 3: I prefer the the actual food ending up on my plate of the Japanese. But I miss the Chinese eggros because a lot of times even if Japanese has an eggro for you, so spring rolls, I don't like them as much, right, I like the old classic, big old fat.
Speaker 4: You like them little crunchy? Oh the better? I figured he's a crunch How are you guys on buffets? Because you know, and the only reason I thought of it as a Chinese buffet? Are y'all okay with buffets? Because some people that are terrified.
Speaker 3: Look at me and ask if I'm worried about a buffet? Right, I think the fear of a buffet is unfounded. In a waste of your fear of account.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's right. Now. I've seen people run a buffet be afraid of us. Yeah I've said something. Get mad about it? Too much?
Speaker 7: For you?
Speaker 2: You like?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: It depends on how they're done well they can you know they're a trough anyway, I have a trough.
Speaker 4: I get that.
Speaker 5: I don't like the guy in front of me sneezing as he's getting I.
Speaker 3: Like the spit guard that helps they have hanging over it. Yeah, but I saw Greg plastic roof. Yes you're one of them. I thought I saw Greg at a at a very famous buffet. Well, completely have a melt down. And I understood what he said it. I just didn't know he'd be so public with it. He pitched pitch a fit, couldn't he about how much a guy stunk It was up there at the buffet. Yeah, so I'm gonna smell like an onion patch and he was. And I said, I can't eat. You stink so bad.
Speaker 2: He ate that.
Speaker 4: He ate the guy told him, yeah, you stink.
Speaker 3: He made a public I mean, I mean, I'm not talking about kind of stumpy. This was shut the place down. And it was about four of them as a gang of them, and Greg, I'll tell you that kamesink.
Speaker 4: You may be you may be shocked.
Speaker 5: But but my dad, who was a very godly man and had great compassion for people.
Speaker 4: You told me this before, There's.
Speaker 5: One thing he absolutely could not stand, and that was somebody that was not bathing. And when I used to inquire about that. I say, well, now you're you're generous here, you have tolerance here. But he said, there's rivers and creeks everywhere.
Speaker 3: There's no excuse, no, and soap don't cost me, really truthfully, and your dad was is one of percent right on that there really is no excuse for you not to You don't there's no reason to stand there.
Speaker 4: And they wouldn't stink. They just a guy who fought in the Philippines of World War two. Stink over anybody, anybody Craig was.
Speaker 1: Camp.
Speaker 4: You gotta I don't want it like that. You got a tub all the way around. You just got to go get it.
Speaker 3: Exactly what I'm saying is you got to make an effort to be clean. And boy, I didn't mean that the Philippine people stink.
Speaker 4: I didn't mean that, but.
Speaker 5: I'ink I got Filipino friends.
Speaker 3: I thought, they don't think about what is actually very good World War two and you're on the Philippines. You're saying, if you're in a military setup, you probably got a lot of stink.
Speaker 5: And you're in an anti aircraft battery that's dealing with zero's day in and day out.
Speaker 3: You know, But with them people that day. They faked me off because they didn't look like they would stink.
Speaker 4: It was horrible. It made me. I smelled them and looked at the food, and it made me. Speaking at the.
Speaker 3: Scene, moms finally got everybody together. We're all having some family lunch thing or something, and Greg makes the scene, shuts the whole place down and says he can't.
Speaker 4: Because people stink too bad. No, you know what he you know what he might. I just went the other way and kept scooping. Greg, you need to carry with you a.
Speaker 5: Little a little bottle of that dead down wind stuff. I have tested that on other things that smell bad. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: It will wipe it out. And there's the difference. If you've been working in the yard and you're on your way of the shower and you look gamy, I get that. This is day old baked. Don't stink.
Speaker 3: You went to bed stinking, you got up stinking, You got your clothes on the left. Let me tell you your You've really told us all we need to know. If you refuse to eat, we understand. Hut me down, chuck the whole buffet down. I feel like I got on the food.
Speaker 1: Now, Bubby, you're saying, have dead down win in your pocket and then start spraying people at the buffet long.
Speaker 5: If Greg is that tore up about it, I might just give up.
Speaker 4: When they're not looking at a v all right now I've never expected. And then when they turn around, you look too like you ever got on to school what you're about to eat, and the big old smell hits you. It's not good. Ain't good? Rick Thanks guys, speedy, just a little, We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Ricking bubba, ricking Bubba.
Speaker 3: Trey Edwards with US country singer songwriter, been in working in Nashville for years now, solo album out tre Edwards dot com. And we were visiting because Trey went to high school with both Greg and me, but graduating with me a class of nineteen eighty three, and was in a group of guys in school called the Teacher's Name the group, which meant if there was trouble, some of these guys have not if not all of them, need to come in, and I mean our names being set on the speakers was so common it was that morning announcements. Anytime you heard this phrase, teachers, I need to see the following student you go, everybody just started getting up. Here we go and it was and here's the updates. So you're a singer and songwriter, and of course I'm doing a radio show. And you know Mike Martin is a surgeon. Yeah, he's a orthopedic surgeon. And then we've got Donnie Adams, who is you know, runs his own business and as a fireman by the way, and back in our hometown. And Craig Higgins I think manages a Walmart, the Mickey Shadwicks is a TV sport it's anchor and part on it for TV station. And who outside that bunch, I guess that's all of them. That of course Gerald Kates was with Greg, but you had he comes on the show a lot. You've heard you had Gerald Jerald Kach experiences, no doubt, he's a full time gardener. So now because you mentioned art time singer, right, oh yeah, bring it too, now, I don't think you can't bring it with a quartet.
Speaker 4: Are we gonna have a will Are we gonna have the will Cox Boys reunion?
Speaker 7: All?
Speaker 3: You were in a rock band too, right, uh? With that man Greg Grant, Right, Greg Grant Baker and what was it called. I can't remember, do you remember?
Speaker 4: I can't remember which name. We finally wound up, but you were like playing bass and singing. Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 9: We actually we actually was gonna start playing at six Flags and then everybody went off to college.
Speaker 3: You remember, think if you get that ultimate six Flags a gig, we're all summer playing stage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we tried Greg bringing the bad news. Well man, I'm I'm heading to college. Well that's great, right, We thought we were all going and then you just stayed in the business side. You're the only one.
Speaker 3: I have the whole band stadium it full time, and you just stayed in it from then on, just kept on right out of school.
Speaker 4: Then a couple of marketing things and got into sales and all that good stuff. So, all right, the food fight in nineteen seventy nine, I want to go back to that. We go because it's been you were acquitted on that rick, Well, are you worried about.
Speaker 3: I was acquitted by the audience with a jury of my peers, because if you remember, because of what we just said, that this group of of of guys, anytime something happened, we were always assumed to.
Speaker 4: Be part of it. Even if they couldn't prove it exactly.
Speaker 3: Well, talk about the day of the fight, because you heard him talk about it in the break. There was a build up all day long.
Speaker 4: It started at eight fifteen that it was going to happen. Who started it, Who started the talk of hey, let's do this? Do you remember it?
Speaker 9: Just something that I don't know, It just it just kind of started its own identity in about eleven o'clock.
Speaker 4: It was, you know, like we were gonna be bombed. It was a friendship.
Speaker 3: And they had different, different assistant principles, different people all all you're gonna say, it ain't gonna happen. Oh so even the administration, and they rolled into tanks and they brought the group in and said look, and I said, we're not evolving, and they said, but you can stop it.
Speaker 4: And if it happens, you' all the ones we're gonna hold account Before now did you say we're not involved with a straight face? No, did you hold it? Really? Because I knew and it was it was happening without my help, and.
Speaker 9: It wasn't really nobody was actually in a particular order. I mean, it just came up that there was gonna be a big food fight.
Speaker 4: Do you even know what what it was?
Speaker 5: Over?
Speaker 4: Just fun. I've never seen things.
Speaker 3: I've seen people I've seen movies try to make up fake food fights that were nowhere near the house.
Speaker 4: I've never seen so much food. And the first.
Speaker 3: Instinct from the from the teachers and the principles, they really didn't think it through if we stand up and say enough, because in that day that would work. But what they didn't think about, wait a minute, there's so many people. We don't know where this food's coming from. So they stood up and just got machine gun.
Speaker 4: It was way worse than you ever imagined. I was wearing a.
Speaker 3: Course to school that day, one of my favorite terry class shirts with my gold eggles necklace, and I remember diving under a table and I caught there was a kid over there. Mickey said, what Mickey Shadow? Was that other kid named Mickey Mickey Travis or something like that. He was having a birthday and they had a cake in there, and somebody hit me with a piece of cake going under the table, and I just I just got on the table, said look just let it end. And teachers, when you go back to your class and a teacher is cleaning food off her glasses, where.
Speaker 4: People with hit her.
Speaker 3: Statues of limitations run out. I slung a milk carton and a half a burger and I slid up. Did you ever see me throw anything?
Speaker 1: I don't think so, Rick now, like he said, statue limitations go ahead, ad minute, And I did.
Speaker 4: I slung food. I'm all about it. I admit it now.
Speaker 3: I didn't start it, but I was. I was a milk carton and a burger. The milk cars are swapping in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I didn't throw anything like dead on. I've had my tray and I just didn't. Well, Rick, Eric, everybody's coming clean. I'm telling you you'll feel better. This might be more.
Speaker 3: This may be more believable. Okay, this might be more believable. I tell I tea how it started, and and it and it goes back to Putt Chase Jase, I you Jase started. Everybody was all the fake they they had people on Scotty Kraft they have They had people lined up holding the hour thank you. The different time we're in holding paddles, hitting their hands. Everybody's in line. Everybody's gonna happen. Is it gonna happen?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, Scottie Kraft gets up in fakes he appreciated with by the way, the late Chuck Mason got up, got up in fake to throw, and everybody starts screaming. Well, they all wanted to be the first one to paddle these clowns. But they all got caught up in it and left the lunch room. They all taken them out. It's like one principal grabbed him in the other. I'm will get some of that too, but they all left. Now you just got the teacher tables, all the principals are gone. And the minute that last principle went out that door. But Chase hit somebody standing in the lunch line, I mean riding the face.
Speaker 4: Was he the one that got hit? One of the he was involved in the first shot fired. And once that first throw went, it was I can't begin to describe. It was a wonderful thing.
Speaker 3: The reigning of it was mania was unbelievable. And students, I mean, you talk about bombing tea.
Speaker 4: So you expect us to believe that you just crawled under the table and was hit on the way under right and right, I got I got hit in love handle crawling. There's two other people in the room.
Speaker 1: He claims that he threw a milk cart and half a burger, and you say, you just threw your track, just got straight up.
Speaker 3: I was going for the shotgun approach. He complains about getting punished for it. But you know, Charles Manson didn't actually kill the people, but he was. He was responsible for got it.
Speaker 4: Remember that's fair. It was one of those best you you may not have thrown.
Speaker 6: In what there? Rick?
Speaker 4: Rick did set me up on the Morning Breeze episode. Okay, well bring stuff. You don't what you love morning, little stink bomb. I shut the haul down.
Speaker 9: What you do, man, I'm satting. This is me and him and me and him and Mickey were together. I've had some I don't know where I got it. Note that we got it from a cellar somewhere. But I'm on the floor now, I'm on the on my knees because then, of course the rings were in that conditions.
Speaker 4: We had vents at the bottom of the room where.
Speaker 9: We're in the hallway. I look at Rick and Mickey. They're down in the other in the hall and Rick standing over. We're just laughing so hard as heads bottom. I think they're laughing at me. I'm on my knees blowing the stuff into the room through the vent. And as soon as I get a good get at the room full, I feel a hand on my shoulder.
Speaker 4: Is mister Higgins.
Speaker 7: Look?
Speaker 3: I look up the principals coming and he don't see it. Trachy's down there with it. He's blowing that stuff that stinking their room. Can't nobody see me?
Speaker 7: And the prince?
Speaker 4: And then right and and and out he went, and I had to go into the room and tell him what I was doing.
Speaker 3: Right, But the morning breeze coming into a room was just the best. We were doing that at the first radio station we worked there. We wanted to breeze people there so that that lives on it was pure of sulfur.
Speaker 4: But to the food fight, I need Suster Higgins one to fight you, right, was.
Speaker 3: The one who wanted to fight me, because I wish we could just put on bots and gloves and fight, because what we're doing so far is not working, you know. And but but they took us in front of the lunch room now picture of the times we're living in now, in front of the lunch room and paddled us in front of everybody, okay, and in the food for the food fight. But you didn't anything. But that's why, that's why I didn't think it was fair. But but but but but what I'm saying is, now this may be more believable to you. I wanted to be able to say I didn't throw anything when because I knew the hammer was coming down. So once I'd had that pre meeting, I knew the food fight was gonna happen anyway, but I wasn't gonna throw anything, so I could always say I'm being wrongly punished. And now my mother, who had no mercy whatsoever, she said, I don't care if you didn't throw anything. You were punished for the fact of what of the reputation you had developed. Right, you deserve to be punished, whether you threw things or not, because just what you the fact that they knew you were part of it.
Speaker 4: And so I got you.
Speaker 3: I got whipped there, I got whipped, but I got home, you know, and and and the worst part is and you and you remember this. They want us to clean the lunch room up, just you guys, just just that group. Well, we got milk cartons and turned them into ice hockey pucks, dumped all the water out and started playing ice hockey with mobs. And when the Prince walked in and saw that, he said, and that'll do it. And guess and guess who he called coach Coach Bill Burgess from the athletic department, when he came in those two lunch room doors with the sun kind of shining behind him, standing there in those black coaching shoes, that those tube socks where the last it could broke on his giant calves. You know, polyesterra coaching pants that were struggling. Yeah, you know what I mean, the tight coaching shirt and that foam hat with the logo on and the whistle around his neck. I mean, we just thought, well, we're dead. He will physically kill everybody. And we were petrified. And he walked us around the whole campus in a straight line, cleaning up everything that had ever been dropped on the school campus, took us down to the bottom of the hill and paddled every one of us again. And his was a different pattern. Yes, I'll never forget it. I'm about to cry, right man. It stayed with a little while. It broke my spirit. I mean, if you couldn't get me to throw food right now if you.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's speedy.
Speaker 1: And this is Rick and Bubba's Greatest tits flashing back through thirty one years of Radio Gold. Every Saturday morning, wherever you get your podcast, it's Ricking Bubba's greatest tis Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba