Speaker 1: When you look at an offense and then you see, hey man, they attack you in this way.
Speaker 2: And I'm a safety.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I play every position, I know what everybody's doing. If I know the ball's going there, Coach, I'm just gonna switch with him.
Speaker 3: To the garden gaze les language, No, no, simple.
Speaker 4: Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. As always, we're your host, Will Compton, Tator Lawan a combined eighteen years in the NFL, A combined three Pro Bowls amongst each other, a combined one combined invite amongst each other. We bring this show brings the locker room to life with you guys. If you're watching right now, please make sure you're subscribed on YouTube, leave comments with the boys. If you're listening on audio, Spotify, Apple, Google, whatever the case may be, again, make sure you're following, make sure you're subscribe to the boys. In this episode, we have on the Troy Palamalu, a decorated Hall of Famer.
Speaker 5: In his conversation, we hated it.
Speaker 4: We only we only got about thirty minutes because of his because of his time frame, we hated that we had to sit with him for such a short amount of time, but absolute football form the game within the game, Father Talk, Dad Talk. We also get into the dad club in this intro. The intro is about one hundred and twenty minutes long. If you want the Troy Palamalu episode, the interview itself by itself. Mitch does a fabulous job of putting those chapters in the YouTube so that way you can fast forward or skip ahead if you want to. But if you're a Tier one where you should be a Tier one, follow along Busting with the Boys our intro. We talk about the combine. We get into the Antonio Brown barstool drama. We're going to Miami this week for UFC two ninety nine. We have a great twisted question by Mitch shout out no free shout out, and we talked Dad club, We talked, we vent a little bit, we tell some stories, We talk shop. You're gonna love the episode. We have a lot of ad reads in this episode, so we apologize ahead of time. People love to advertise to the boys, bear with us, You're gonna love the episode. Without further ado, here is the intro Busting with the Boys, and then Troy Polamalu, Big Hugs, Tiny kisses.
Speaker 6: Alrighty, then one episode we got two sixty five, two sixty six, ladies, gentlemen, welcome to another episode of busting with the boys. Before we get started, Oh, we'll confidence back toomer running plus here, Willie C is in the building, and how'd you get here today?
Speaker 4: Will the Chevy the Chevy Sovados, specifically the ZR two Chevy Soverado. But we're not here to talk about the zero two. We're here to talk about the super Cruise. Oh, the super Cruse has this Silverado truck tech. It is the only Supercreuse that lets you drive hands free and toe hands free on more than four hundred thousand miles of compatible roads.
Speaker 5: With over one.
Speaker 4: Hundred and thirty eight million miles of hands free driving by customers, the super Cruise will help you get to your adventure energized, and it will help you drive home. Go to Chevy dot com where you can check out the Silverado, build your own Silverado online, and learn more important details about the super Creuse. Because we talk a lot about the ZR two family. Now it's time to get you guys mesmerized by the supercrews from the Chevy Silverado.
Speaker 7: The super Cruise just people know is a is new tech that is getting updated in Chevy Silverado's. I believe so in the brand new ones they will have so all of the Chevy Silverado's coming out and so four will have supercrus.
Speaker 4: Mine wont get a supercruse, No, I think yours.
Speaker 7: Yours is last year's edition.
Speaker 4: It doesn't have it.
Speaker 7: But when you get your your updated one, when Chevy sends you a brand new saper cruise activities.
Speaker 6: We need and that's what we do need, especially me.
Speaker 4: I was in my UH. I was being driven to the Combine yesterday.
Speaker 6: And I did not set it up. The NFL set it up, and I got in the V and I'll just say this, it wasn't a Chevy. So I'm white knuckling it the whole time I'm on my way there because I don't feel as safe as I could possibly feel.
Speaker 4: Take a picture. Me and my boy Ishmael were on the drive.
Speaker 6: I had a buddy from high school hits me up and he's like, nice to see you and one an x y Z car and he sends me a picture of his non Chevy in there and I was like, brother, you're gonna have a family soon. I suggest you do the right thing, keep your family safe, go trade that POS and get you a Sevy Silverado specifically this year two.
Speaker 4: And until then, I'm gonna delete your number and don't.
Speaker 6: Ever contact right, don't contact me again. Trust me, we're not boys right now. If you're wondering if we're good or not, let me answer that question for you. We're not good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not how we're gonna do.
Speaker 6: But yeah, dude, combined yesterday, combine the entire week last week was pretty impressive. The combine forty record was broken by Worthy, the wide receiver from Texas.
Speaker 4: You get what you need in there? Yeah, I need to get that. Yeah, a little swirl. Boys starting to get separated, huh yeah, got to get it back together. Can we pull that little clip up real quick? We pulled that clip up of Worthy and just walk.
Speaker 5: Running the master at work, Yes.
Speaker 4: Four two one. I believe it was his official time. That is so crazy. That's a nuts dude.
Speaker 6: And there's fast and then there's track fast. This man Xafer, You're Worthy is track fast. And he knew what he was gonna do too. Everyone knew, even those boys from text were I just watched you. Well just wait till X runs.
Speaker 4: The best part is up.
Speaker 6: I know sixteen thousand people were in that stadium to watch.
Speaker 4: It's the first year that they did that where they let us people attend.
Speaker 6: Did last year too, so I was obviously there with the offense lineer there. We'll just say it was one from sixteen thousand to sixteen hundred.
Speaker 4: People like it was very sixteen hundred, sixteen thousand.
Speaker 6: No, I went from sixteen thousand watching the wide receivers to sixteen hundred watching the offensive lineman.
Speaker 4: Oh the office time and now go last yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. But the Hogs man the Hogs. Not a lot of love for the Hogs. I don't want to see speed. You want to see speed.
Speaker 6: You want to talk about quarterbacks Rich Eyes and Daniel Jeremiah, those two individuals during the Hogs workout, we're talking about how great JJ McCarthy's workout it is, and how he's the sleeper of the draft, and how incredible that guy's going to be in the NFL. If you want a quarterback, you want to get excited about a quarterback, get excited about the offense line as well, because your quarterback is gonna be nothing without a good offensive line boys and girls. Okay, he will be absolutely not trying to pump the hogs.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying, dude, these guys need a little bit more respect. And I don't know, did you watch the combine yesterday?
Speaker 4: Were you.
Speaker 6: Not fully invested in so during during the forties, the offensive lineman running the forties, these cats, this is the fastest one.
Speaker 4: The fastest forty for OH line was four nine two. Yeah, like four nine two yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it was only five guys that were under under five this year. But at one point in the second group I was down watching that. I was like standing right here off to the side in the in the end zone area, watching these guys. There's about ten dudes left and four or five guys that seemed like went down with hamstrings or soft tish issues.
Speaker 4: Got to get this soft tiste.
Speaker 6: One dude pulled his hammy and then all of a sudden started limping him. Then his knee other knee kind of buckled. So I hope that didn't get way worse than it should have been, which leads me to in twenty fourteen, when your boy was at the combine, off itsive lineman and the big boys got their first. The offensive lineman, defensive linemen and the injured guys got there first and started working through the process. And they're there for four days and on the fifth day you run. I think they should go back to even though we all know why the NFL is now putting the fast guests first, because the ratings are better and everyone's tired by Sunday. It's God Day's for God Day for a reason.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, this is the big boy walking. Look at that dude.
Speaker 6: His Beyonce walk had a sock in my piece too, make it look a little bit bigger. You need to have these guys, the big boys run first.
Speaker 4: Because the soft tiss issues obviously were an issue.
Speaker 6: And then some people are even talking about getting rid of the forty for office linemen in general, but now talking about just doing a twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's smart. See I don't like that.
Speaker 6: Before example, a like a young Taylor Lawan would want to show how fast he is by running the entire forty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But then it goes as it's like, uh, yeah, but if you're gonna risk the hamstring injury, It's like, why would you move the old lineman the first so they could be permittive on the hamsree injuries. Yeah, they don't bring that. They don't put the asses in the seats. It'll bring the asses in the seats. But guess what tomorrow, next day's open. Bring the wide receivers in the next day.
Speaker 6: But fro line, do you put the finale for? Do you watch a fireworks show? Do you watch the finale first? Well, all the big booms are going off?
Speaker 4: Or do you like to watch a couple get you warmed up a little bit?
Speaker 5: Firework show?
Speaker 4: Only the last probably thirty minutes one singular day, not an entire week. It's a four days if they did if they just did fireworks, like just four days in a row, just different sets, and they're just doing like the Sparklers in the beginning, it's like no one's even gonna watch that either. Yeah, but then you would tune in for what Yeah, but you're not going to tune in anyway, and just until the fireworks are going the big ones are going off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but if you're not going to tune in for the big guys regardless, what's wrong with putting the big guys first so that they can have the soft tiss issues worked out and then put in the real show. You could even have a pre combine hosted by the hogs, like you, don't you.
Speaker 4: Know what I'm saying. Yeah, all kind of the same thing. We'll just take them out of the combine altogether.
Speaker 6: Yeah, another big winner of the combine Frank Crumb dude.
Speaker 4: Ay, And not to mention you a fun little history fact, Taylor is the fastest forty for guys over six six in history, and if the forty gets taken away, you own that record forever for life.
Speaker 7: The fastest lineman over six six or fastest guy over six to six, just in general.
Speaker 4: Really, how tall was Calvin Johnson? That's that's exactly.
Speaker 6: We're similar comps. I'm pretty sure he was six five. Now it might have been fastest. Off it's a lineman over six six regardless, boys, you're the person sitting in this chair, Thank you, holds a record in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Didn't see Joe Thomas on that list. Didn't see Joe Thomas? Now, which Williams on that list? Might be?
Speaker 8: Guys?
Speaker 6: Might be guys guys only guys like Calvin Johnson too short, Calvin too little, being my Kelvin Benjamin?
Speaker 5: How tall is? Uh?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 5: Armstead. He run a fast forty run a four seven two quick.
Speaker 4: He might not be six to six, he's a six five. Oh yeah, there you go. Yeah, so I would say, yeah, I just take the forty out. I don't see why the old lineman either run a forties. They really don't.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it's as a fan, it's electric.
Speaker 4: It's fun to watch dude's run. Man, well, it really is fun as watch literally to watch all the drills that are timed. Who's gonna be the winner? Keith Carter? Did you ud you shake hands with Keith?
Speaker 5: Say what's up?
Speaker 4: You can?
Speaker 6: I didn't say, Adam, But there was never really like he was doing the drills. And then one time, as I was kind of like going to do my next set of like the second group, he was there with a bunch of guys, and I just chose not to interrupt, like who am I if I'm going to talk trash about a guy to go and hey Keith, how are you good to see you?
Speaker 4: It's like I've.
Speaker 6: Obviously drowned a line in the sand with Keith, like not a fan, and that's just kind of how that's just kind of has if he were to come to me, I would be cordial and I don't have any bad blood towards Keith. Right, I would just say in the profession that I used to be in, I would not want him as my coach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's all I would say. That just is what it is. That just is what it is. There's no disrespect, right, It's just the game, right playing. We all get graded. Yeah, it's very interesting.
Speaker 6: And uh, being at the combine or even at a pro day will where the stresses the.
Speaker 4: Shots a wild shot.
Speaker 6: I'm just trying to bring you in the Why don't be the guy that just talks the entire time when you're doing your your combine or your skills. The stress level that everybody has going into the forty then going into the broad vertical, uh, short shuttle, three cone, all that stuff like is so high. And then being able to be ten eleven years removed from the situation and kind of just walk out there and be chilling.
Speaker 4: It is such a wild in like this mental warfare in the moment because it's like, oh, this will be trained for for the last like six to eight weeks. Yeah, there will be ready for this one time that they think though this will get us drafted higher, whereas in reality they're just checking off making sure you run.
Speaker 6: So I try to tell some of the Michian guys like, there's a bunch of dudes. It was very It was a very cool experience because after the first group finished and obviously all their their stresses off their shoulders, a bunch of them, I would say, like twenty dudes. I came up at once and we're like the boys about the boys, big fan of the pod uh me playing and stuff like that. It was a very it was very cool moment. Like one kid was like, yo, I used to watch you growing up in elementary school. I thought, what like elementary school? That's nuts, and so it's just cool. It's cool to see those things. But those dudes are just so focused. And then to be about the pot. But I was talking to those guys then they're like, I'm like, how'd you run?
Speaker 4: And they're like you.
Speaker 6: Know, hey, five two, And I'm like, good dude, Like all you need to do in this situation is like if you're ten's under a one eight five or whatever the benchmark is, and you bench over this many times, like you're just checking boxes, Like leave the dudes that are freak athletes that are going to do the thing like that's where they're gonna gain. And some guys might do horrible and lose. But as long as you check a box, it's not gonna hurt you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're good to go form running. If whether he ran a five nine or four six one, it doesn't really it doesn't really matter. I think if Korm ran a four nine, he'd be in big trouble. Four five nine Oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, like a four five nine versus four six one like that ultimately doesn't matter that that is just like wanting your ego to write, Oh I ran a four or five. I know.
Speaker 6: Speaking of egos, dude, Luke McCaffrey outshining his brother Christian.
Speaker 4: Edged him out, edged him out. He made my All Combine Team. Did you really, McCaffrey, do you want to give out your list now? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I uh, oh weird, I have it pulled up.
Speaker 4: Uh. Cole Bishop, he's on the list for the All Combined Team. You got Luke McCaffrey, Peyton Wilson linebacker Brayden Fisk, the d lineman out of Florida State, human human he ran like a four to seven. Uh and then Frank Crumb out of Wyoming, he had the mullet flowing. Those guys right now are on my all combine list. Spencer Radler I have written down. He's kind of a maybe it kind of depends. I'll get into that though. I'm trying to craft the blog right now. No, no, JJ McCarthy on that.
Speaker 5: Huh, JJ could possibly make it. So you're it's up there. He's on the short list.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's on the it's you're making a list right now, so you just get people a peek at what the list would be on your blog that is coming out and then I'm assuming this week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'll come out this week today, which is Tuesday. Wow, that's exciting stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 6: JJ apparently blew everybody away in the combine the way he was throwing the ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Same with Spencer Radler about talking about how he was how his footwork was, and uh, you know, because a lot of it with quarterbacks, they say, is like you know, you're used to throwing at whatever particular receiver you want to. Like at PROD, you're gonna have your guys running routes, so different receivers and different guys and not really changing up your footwork and just dropping dimes. I saw some highlights of JJ. He did look good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was putting some zip on the ball. One of the days that you're happy that JP is not here, which is far and few between, is today because he would have only things to say about Spencer Rattler.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, JP is like everything is going exactly according to what he said. Yeah, I wonder if which right now he's stock is rising Ler, stock is rising.
Speaker 6: One guy that this is up for you know, everybody else to interpret. But I did not get a good vibe from Caleb Williams throughout the Combine process. I know a lot, a lot of backlass for the boy. He essentially came to Combine for the free gear. In the interviews, like he refused the only player in Combine history not to do a medical review. Only dude didn't run, didn't throw. His choosing enough to throw was Hey, there's a lot of film on me. You can watch that in real action.
Speaker 4: I don't need to do that. So he essentially went there.
Speaker 6: And then I think he did one thing about sour gummies like him and some ladies out there and tried sour candy.
Speaker 5: So that was essentially, you just went there and postured on everybody.
Speaker 4: Posture and everybody.
Speaker 6: And he's obviously an extreme talent. It's incredible how talented he is. But he's got this type of like I'm better than you attitude that he's coming off as. Now, if this is not the individual he is, he's more than going to come on the bus and explain himself. But what I saw from the short sample size I got of watching a few interviews on him on my way to the combine.
Speaker 4: Was guy's very full of himself.
Speaker 6: He's got some big time yes people in his camp right now that are getting in his ear a little too much.
Speaker 4: He needs that Uh, yeah, he needs that who's usually red flag? Who's that?
Speaker 6: Marcus Aurelius always had a guy behind him saying you're just a man.
Speaker 4: Probably okay, so for those of you the Roman.
Speaker 6: Empire, Marcus really has had a slave, actually who was his only singular job was during his successes was to sit there behind him and whisper in his ear, You're just a man, to keep him humble. Went on to being one of the greatest of all time. Yeah, Caleb needs that man. He needs that guy right now to be like hey, listen, you still because there's a there's a point where people were saying he was saying he wanted equity or a percentage of the team. He goes to do we know if that's real that I don't know if that's real, but based on watching the interviews I did, I'm not gonna sit there and be like I wouldn't be surprised at that at all. So to me, not a great look. Like this is a game where no one's bigger than the team, right the name on the front is more important than the name on the back type of attitude, and he is not displaying that right now. It's sometimes it's better just to fall in line. You can be different, you can go about your ways, your ways differently. Everybody does eventually, but at this point in your process, don't shoot yourself in the foot.
Speaker 4: This guy to Joe Milton.
Speaker 6: For those of you that aren't just watching the combine with us right now, Tennessee cat through an absolute rocket. Was it like seventy five yards of Jackie.
Speaker 4: Zuka? It's it's well, yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Mean that's if you know Joe Milton for two seconds, that's his bread and butter is just arm strength Yeah, long ball. If it's not accurate how he's going to perform in the NFL. But yeah, that was where he was gonna come out in. Joe for sure is just chucking one out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you get him an Xavier Worthy on the same team, you might make some fireworks happen there. Just hey, outrun everybody. I'm gonna throw as far as I possibly can. You guys hold up for two and a half seconds.
Speaker 4: Joe, you could see is somebody you kind of start to like a little bit more in the off season process of the combine versus where he versus where he was, Like if you run the tape with Tennessee because he does have some accuracy issues. Yeah, that's just subjective. That's just subjective ball from the boy witnessing watching ut over the past year.
Speaker 6: Another interesting note of the combine was there are what a specimen right here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, apartment just an incredible looking individual, like slow mon is for you just like look up hair balancing. Yeah, he's just a gorgeous man with the hair commercials in asap.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's got a head and shoulders coming up real soon.
Speaker 4: Speaking up the Mattoner of the draft, people are saying, yeah, well, let's hope not as far as looks and yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, I'm with that sex appeal. He's got it all, he does, he does have it all.
Speaker 6: That's Sam Hartman Hartman Hartford Hartman so hot right now our guest today Troy palm Alla.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 6: Sam needs to call Troy immediately and say, hey, let me talk to head and shoulders, let me get on those com Yeah yeah, I I need to say a great great head of hair.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like and going off of your Caleb Williams stuff too, it's like, uh and look, everybody the way it trends now in the combine, guys opt out. They don't participate a whole lot, which is fine, Like, you totally get that there. If anything, there's risk injury, like a better forty time doesn't make or break you, so why do all that stuff. But as far as opting out of medical stuff and the interview process, like that is the one time of the year we're literally all thirty two teams, GM's front offices, coaches, everybody is in one building. So to me, it's like, you want to you want to show that competitive spirit in front of those guys. Yeah, whether or not you're out there on the field, performing like that could be whatever, like, yeah, you might be the number one overall pick in the draft. But as far as checking the boxes for medicals, shaking hands, like doing all the things, and kind of looking like that competitor, not only a competitor, but showing off like you know your leadership in tangibles, right, you don't want to you don't want to give off the the vibe of like this is a massive me guy and this could be a huge risk taking him this high.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because before the season even started, it really turned into this is what Caleb Williams year, he's the number one overall pick. He should maybe sit out this final year and be done. And then USC started to loose. They were there were contenders at first, they started to lose. He's found crying, he's doing press conferences saying I just want to hug my dog and eat some skills or some bullshit like that. Then it's all how he wants the equity in the company. And so this year has not been a great year for Caleb Williams as far as from uh an opportunity to know that this guy should be the one overall pick. Having the magnifying glass on them and people now picking him apart for a lot of reasons, like we are on the show right now, so it might not be fair criticism. This is just how it came off to me personally, is that this guy's coming off as an eye guy. But back to Sam, dude, let's talk about Sam and his beautiful Haircuse I know there's one place he probably goes get his hair done.
Speaker 5: It actually sure that, Yeah, this is where he goes.
Speaker 6: He goes to sport Clips Haircuts. Dude, your hair may grow fast, but after going to sport Clips Haircuts, you you'll wish it grew even faster. That's because sport Clips has the best seats in hair and that may or may not be because they happen to be right in front of TVs playing sports every day. We know, watching sports while getting your haircut sure beats watching a reflection while getting a haircut, which is why sport Clips every day is clippers and curveballs, high tops and hail Mary's and even waves and wickets. If you're into that kind of thing. At sport Clips, you can check in with the pros and men's hair and totally check out with pure uninterrupted relaxation. So yeah, come watch endless streams of sports on TV while getting an awesome haircut sport clips. It's a game changer, Hartman, appreciate you asking us to read that.
Speaker 4: Read did you did you happen to see all the Antonio Brown tweets over the weekend? I didn't. Yeah, so he he tweeted. He actually had a funny tweet where he got he got after Dave port and OI. He's like Dave Portnoy and his minions defending Tom Brady hashtags ct ESPN, which is pretty funny, like a well done AI photograph of like crackers sitting at a saltine cracker sitting at a computer sitting at computers writing blogs.
Speaker 5: Because essentially, damn, I don't want to butcher his name.
Speaker 4: But somebody wrote about the dynasty in defending essentially Tom Brady. So I guess AB comes across the Yeah, okay, yeah, and somebody's just like talking about Tom Brady, and I guess AB sees it, and then I guess I just assumes here's Dave Portnoy and his minions at CTESPN defending Tom Brady, which is hilarious. But there's also a really funny part of me that believes that uh Ab doesn't know that there's a difference between barstool and ESPN. You know what I mean, stay in media's all media, regardless of whether he knows that or not.
Speaker 6: It's a hilarious move to put CT in there when everybody has come at a b for CTE and now he's essentially reversing everything on a guy who's openly said he's never been touching the face, even though he deserves to be punching the face. Yeah, a Portnoy's never had head traumas in his entire life, right right, And he's using ct ESPN, which is also funny because the.
Speaker 4: ESPN, Yeah, no, it's hilarious and he was on one just over the weekend because obviously you wake up the stoolies and wake up the barstool crowd, so he would also feed into it. And you know, Ab, he's big on the whole the uh oh he came Kaitlin Clark too, arogressed to Kaitlin Clark on becoming an all time leading score.
Speaker 5: Heat transition is not going the greatest.
Speaker 4: I don't know it could be. I mean, in my opinion that like if you if you're coming out. Obviously there's some funny stuff, but yeah, being uh this uh being verbally on offense like this in a negative hate way, like he came at Shannon Sharp, like to me, if everything is going well outside of the game that you transitioned out of and chose to this transition out of, if everything is going well, you'll see a good balance if that is your style, like you'll see that. Okay, he's doing solid. But nothing that comes out with ab is ever that positive, right, any headline that comes out, it's always him in trouble, not paying something, not paying some bill, fucking somebody over.
Speaker 6: He's in Dubai throwing his piece around, which might have been a positive for him because he had a drake piece.
Speaker 4: Yeah, massive, Yeah, he's just he's like in a public pool break. Yeah, he's just seemed like probably on his private jet. I wasn't looking too closely, but seemed like he's on his private jet. It was definitely room.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you right now, it was a private jet. I looked very close. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So did Dave respond, Oh yeah, he said funny, it is funny because that was hilarious.
Speaker 5: I mean the saltine crackers.
Speaker 6: Like, because if you get got like that, that's a good guy. And it's kind of like if you have the first shot and it's that good, there's really no coming back from unless you have that absolute haymaker in.
Speaker 4: Your back pocket. Yeah, So to just accept.
Speaker 6: That that's a funny joke is even more right now, I like that that's funny.
Speaker 4: AB Yeah, dude, he just he is like Yeezy without the genius, you know, see, without the genius, Like you.
Speaker 6: Watched the way Kanye West operates and even with the anti Semitic stuff and some of the crazy shit he said, people still look at him and have clips about you know, what's that what's that song that starts.
Speaker 4: Thinking yes, that song?
Speaker 6: Like there's people still to like guys breaking down how that came up with that and how his work ethic was and how he's such a genius when it comes to hearing things musically, like even.
Speaker 9: With all the bad ship, AB just has the bad ship.
Speaker 6: Yeah and thinks he's a rapper because, uh, did you see Kanye West's Super Bowl commercial shot on an iPhone and it's him not even saying things clear like go to yasy dot com, Why easy, why dot com spent seven million dollars on that thirty second he's commercial money.
Speaker 4: Do you know what you made off this? Twenty one million dollars? No, twenty one.
Speaker 6: Million dollars because he decided to go and do this. He's in the back of a car and it looks like a parking garage. No, no, no, that's outside. He's just in a really cool truck.
Speaker 7: So with Easy, it was like a designer brand to start, obviously, and it was very expensive clothing.
Speaker 4: And then they made all the.
Speaker 7: Pieces twenty dollars. So then they sold twenty million dollars worth of units or whatever stock because they dropped everything. But yeah, that you gotta love an iPhone video super Bowl commercial.
Speaker 6: Super Bowl people put millions and millions of dollars into their commercials and then pay the seven million dollars. He like, that's a genius fucking move to do that. That is incredibly smart to Kanye move. Yeah, I don't know bus a couple of boys might do in a few years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need you to go.
Speaker 6: I need to subscribe to Busting with the Boys. Please Easy save us.
Speaker 4: All of our merch. Saint Patty's Day's coming, Go buy it up. I did see years a million dollars. I saw your little plug on Instagram.
Speaker 6: Yeah, two hundred and how many degrees in the Redwood Sona.
Speaker 4: Two hundred and eighty for eighty minutes straight? Yeah? Why'd you do that? Is that a protocol that I don't know about?
Speaker 5: Are you being serious right now?
Speaker 8: Dude?
Speaker 4: I want you to tell the truth. Tell me how you did it for that long. I don't need to tell the truth. If you watch the video, then you know that I'm joking. Cet literally in the beginning, I had warning, do not take this sa on a protocol seriously or something like that. Then the next side is the next slide said again, please do not take this. I just saw that it and then but everything else is true, and it's me shouting out like, hey, kiss me, I'm a boy.
Speaker 5: You'll get our merch.
Speaker 6: So I didn't read. I didn't read the I didn't read the one. I was the kid that watched the Jackass shows. And when John Knoxville was doing the read over a warning please do not perform these stunts, I didn't listen.
Speaker 4: Hey, come on, man, God damn it. Two hundred and eighty degrees eighty minutes.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh my god, you're dead.
Speaker 5: You're dead.
Speaker 4: You're dead.
Speaker 6: I thought my boy is a superhuman. For a second, I thought you were superhuman. Will I thought you were a superman.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Probably you're brising, Like, oh my god, how in the fuck he's gotta be lying?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 6: I should have texted you before, because I really thought my head, like, I don't know about that protocol. I gotta start doing lily to myself. I might do that tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Oh we had this conversation. I'd be dead. Oh I know. Yeah, Well, I'm gonna fucking now. I gotta beat it. You're just constantly throwing water on the heater the whole time. How do I get it up to eighty just dying, burning lily turning into a raisin? Yeah, dude, So thank god you saved my life there, all right?
Speaker 7: Cool little slow cuve brisket at a lower temperature than that.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 5: Oh, I love you, brother.
Speaker 4: I love you too. I love you, bro. God Damn, it's tough to be this dumb sometimes.
Speaker 5: Hey, but guess what we're going to Miami this week?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we are, for those of you, all the boys going to South Beach. Yeah, We're going to fucking South Beach, Dude, UFC two ninety nine is upon us now. Pretty cool opportunity that Senor Hunter has graced us with. Do you want to tell them the planet? Just want to let him know that something's coming out on Friday Thursday?
Speaker 5: Uh, we can tease it.
Speaker 4: Tease it, you tease. So the boys will be in Miami starting on Wednesday. It will be boots on the ground at the UFC two ninety nine press conference. The way hends, we're gonna be doing some fun stuff behind the scenes with the UFC. Potentially there's some rumors out there that we might be having some conversations with the big dogs on the card.
Speaker 5: That is yet to be determined.
Speaker 4: However, then we will also be at UFC two ninety nine, which I am stoked about, like everybody talks about the Miami like going like the Miami card is usually one of the biggest cards of the year, like top four. W uh. So it'll be sick to be there, but we will be there. We'll be making some content, we will be having some fun. All thanks to the boys at UFC. Dana Hunter, we appreciate it. We gotta run ten miles. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I can't run ten miles. I tried to explain Hunter that on the funt I cannot. I literally my knee won't let me run.
Speaker 4: He doesn't deviate for me, like, oh ten miles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you're just like one.
Speaker 4: He's like Max Crosby, did it, I know, into your shoes. Yeah, which is a different animal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you don't got to waste money like that Max.
Speaker 4: He loves to you know what I mean. It's designer everything, his designer everything for him. Next, uh, let's get we'll get some new ones. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Those I only warn once. He was like Derek Henry three years ago. He only wears a suit once. Right, Yeah, but yeah, Miami's gonna be sick. I've only been to Miami to play and that's it. Have you ever spent time in Miami?
Speaker 4: Oh? We did really for Barschall when we first with Barschool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but doesn't say like not really that that's where we signed.
Speaker 4: But even then, like it's not we spent time there, Like we're like you're like we're like bouncing around and stuff. Sorry, my back is fucking killing still from that they combine last week, We'll get it feels like a knife is in my lower lumbar right now, my in between my l four now massage real quick. Sure, I just I just I just shouldn't. We're heard of the guy next week, next Monday, Next Monday. We were, Oh, you're starting with a guy.
Speaker 5: I'm starting with a guy next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, because we have to get this correct. This there's no plasure. It's like every time you do an active thing, this happens. Yeah. And I need you right for Beer Games World Championship. Oh yeah, I mean I'll be ready there like I would have again. I'll have anti flumberers and everything else. Cooking. That's the problem is, I'm master of pain. Goes as hard as fucking possible, and then I can't move.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you're a gamer, dude, that's what you do. Yeah, that's the kind of guy you get with Will Compton.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And if for.
Speaker 6: Those of you watching on social media, we have been training for Beer Olympics.
Speaker 4: We've been training.
Speaker 6: It's good to see we actually have the number one spot right now and flip cup and the shot we do.
Speaker 5: We we should probably get a set in today, a couple sets.
Speaker 4: In there, Yeah, no question.
Speaker 6: But yeah, Miami's gonna be sick, dud, it's gonna be a cool thing. I can't wait for you guys to see it. That content will be coming out very quickly, very fast turn around for the boys. If we happen to sit down with a couple of guys that might be in the you know, the main card whatever, rumors, rumors, rumors, only rumors at this point. But if we happen to sit down with them, you'll get that very quickly, and for.
Speaker 4: That content to drop on Thursday, Thursday, look for to drop on Thursday.
Speaker 6: And then also think about this hashtag Draft DK partners. We'll be gambling on this a lot. We'll be getting after this one. Yeah, I mean we'll be there in the actions, smelling the.
Speaker 4: Sweat, smelling the sweat.
Speaker 6: But uh yeah, you want to actually talk about DraftKings for a second there, buddy.
Speaker 4: Absolutely get in on the NBA action with DraftKings Sportsbook, the official sports betting partner of the NBA. New customers who deposit five dollars or more can get a no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars back in a bonus bet. What's a no sweat bet? You ask, It's just like get an offensive board. You miss your first shot, you get another opportunity to score with a bonus bet back.
Speaker 5: What's the fucking red.
Speaker 4: Man you about?
Speaker 7: Miami NBA?
Speaker 4: Cut forward to this part, Mitch. You can also follow what all of your favorite Barstool personalities are betting on by joining the Barstool Betting Group in the Social Social section of the Draft Kings Sports Book app. I've actually done it, and it is pretty cool. Like you get on there, you get on that, you hit the little social button and you see all the big betting groups in Barstool. Yeah, Barstool Betting Group is in there, and you get to see what all the boys are putting in. So kind of makes it easy, kind of makes it like, hey, I have no clue what I'm doing, which I did last week and ended up winning some money, but just following one of the boys that are obsessed with like college basketball or the NBA. Download the DraftKings Sports Book app now and use code bus b us. New cut stommers can get a no sweat bet up to eight thousand dollars if your first bet loses only on DraftKings Sportsbook with code bus the crown is yours. I mean, that's up to one thousand dollars you miss, You'll get it. You'll get that opportunity right back.
Speaker 6: How do you do the friends things?
Speaker 11: Like, I think we're in the right spot before sorry, oh right here, social betting groups there, it is.
Speaker 4: Ninety five thousand people following. It's like a social media you know what I mean. And you can just see like, Okay, so and so seems like Stephen Change. He's a big data guy. He seems to have like the prop bets and the parlays or the units. Hey, this the amount of units you need to put on this game. So you can kind of just.
Speaker 5: Follow along and be like, all right, I'm gonna rock with.
Speaker 4: Him, because we'll be out there for March Madness. We got to get ready to go, Like, no, it's gonna be a big deal. It's gonna be I think Nebraska is gonna get in. Really yeah, that's who we're going for then. But I think Nebraska is gonna get in the fucking dance.
Speaker 6: I think there's a small chance that Michigan gets in two is there. I think there's still I think they're still hungover from the from the national championship. Boys are still hungover from winning a national championship.
Speaker 4: In football basketball team? Yeah hungover, yeah time. Yeah, this would be the first appearance Nebraska's ever had, I think in the tournament? Would you rather have maybe to look it up, please.
Speaker 5: Fact check that so I don't. I'm not saying.
Speaker 4: I know since I've known about Nebraska.
Speaker 6: Would you rather have your school win the national championship in football and nothing else? Or win every other championship and be horrible at football?
Speaker 4: As a football as a football player, I want to win the football. I want to win the Natty as a fan now as you're sitting here, oh, as a fan. Now, unfortunately you were incorrect.
Speaker 7: But the good news is you guys have any tournament?
Speaker 4: Oh broad Nebraska's plaid twenty six postseason? Wait wait wait it says seven seven bits to the NCAA tournament. Okay, seven, okay.
Speaker 5: Twenty six, that's be eight. When's the most recent time?
Speaker 4: Are you guys good when you're in college? No? I don't think so. Twenty thirteen? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Fuck right when I left.
Speaker 4: I was there, right when I Yeah, my next that next year? All right, so one time since I had known about Nebraska.
Speaker 6: But this will be massive, we big, we should be in Lincoln. Well, I guess the tournam is not in Lincoln.
Speaker 4: We sound so stupid the college and basketball. Either way, we got to get right for March madis because we're going to bar Partner. Yeah has tag DK Partner. We're going into Barcelas Q in Chicago. We're riding with the boys.
Speaker 6: I'm going to responsibly get after it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Two days, yea, yeah, like more March nineteenth through twenty second or something like that. Twenty seconds.
Speaker 5: It's like that week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jackie, we gotta go to Vegas the twenty first. Aren't you just doing like a family trip in Vegas?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I turned it into a gambling.
Speaker 4: I gotta work too. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the first round March twenty first to the twenty second of the NCAA tournament, and then second round twenty third to the twenty fourth, sweet sixteen, twenty eighth and twenty ninth, let's go and so on.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm excited pop my cherry with March Madness and in the gambling responding me a fun time.
Speaker 10: Are we gonna make a bracket and like throughout the shop and then there should be like a punishment or like a winner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's probably as likely as our white Elephant.
Speaker 7: No, that one's easy though, because we'll just print it off and all you have to do is just literally fill it out and then you turn it in like an assignment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we we do have to do that. I'll take charge of it and I'll get the brackets.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, football commissioner.
Speaker 4: I thought you did a good job until you resigned. Well, hey, I'll do it. I'll do it. You're gonna do it, I'll do it, okay, all right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, anytime of brackets and play Willie is about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 4: Uh, you can be you can be my guy right next to you can be my hand guy in the chair.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my right, my right hand.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I can't wait to see that fail. Oh yeah, let's let's get out. We're in. We're in, We're in. It'll get done right after this.
Speaker 6: Speaking of other things that I've gotten done, we have restarted NCA fourteen in the shop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right now, it's one to one.
Speaker 6: Me vers well, we both have victories at our opponents stadiums. But you just dumb me though. You figured out how to play the game in the second game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I started to I started to get a little.
Speaker 4: More to remember. Yeah, yeah, yeah, because man, there'll be times I'm like, God, damn it, how do I how do I stop that? And then I'm just like trying to dabble with all the different like play calls. And then I'm like, Okay, this is what I used to do. This is what I used to do. So I got a little settled in comfortable. Yeah, I got a little settled in the offense. I feel very comfortable. Okay, run the all, use your play action.
Speaker 6: Like I'm I legitimately think to myself, you know what you're doing on this end? When defense hit, I just kind of become the defensive end and like run into the tackle because I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to pick. I don't know how do you pick? Is it? Why? Why?
Speaker 8: Defense?
Speaker 6: Is also impossible that no Will had four picks on me last game and two of them are users.
Speaker 10: Well yeah, if you're if you use her, if you use her, if you use her the entire time, you're gonna have awer.
Speaker 4: We've gotta stream that. It's so much fun.
Speaker 8: Y'all. Don't want to play me, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll get some stuff.
Speaker 4: Who do you play?
Speaker 6: With I'll play with anybody, all right, you can be acron You would have to.
Speaker 4: Play with Ohio State. Yeah, that's not a school.
Speaker 8: Do you want me to play with Ohio State?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I play with Ohio State States. Really, I know, I know.
Speaker 5: Well, is that that might be a Jones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's Braxton Miller in fourteen. Yeah, I thought he was my year.
Speaker 6: Braxton Miller was a I think he was my year.
Speaker 4: Nasty Filthy was Tennessee. Good then Jack justin thirteen fourteen, No.
Speaker 7: No tot for Jack freshman year of college and it was hell on the Butcher Jones. That was the start of the Butch Jones era recruiting. We were the best in the country actually playing ball. It was a dumpster fire.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I love it. Yeah, all right, this yeah'll be fun.
Speaker 7: I think fourteen is the best inca there's been that one.
Speaker 6: Without a doubt, it's number one. We should also make a little dynasty too, Yeah, and to create a player that we just have a community.
Speaker 7: Guy my brother guys in a Madden franchise and they played for like a decade where like you literally play out an entire season and it's like by the week, so each week you play one singular game against one guy in like of thirty two teams, so.
Speaker 4: Then you got to do all the front off of stuff up until the next week. It's awesome.
Speaker 7: So we should definitely invest in some kind of franchise mode.
Speaker 4: Because we got to get ready for college football to and not to mention, little Birdie told me we might be in the game serious like Ultimate Team, like on in the Ultimate Team. Oh yeah, you've Will, I'm well, I mean yeah, college. Hey, listen, now, your boy was an eighty nine I believe.
Speaker 5: I think I honestly think that player.
Speaker 4: I honestly think Will was higher rated than me in the game.
Speaker 8: I thought you were in the night like Lott nineteen n you we found.
Speaker 4: You don't know what I was. I think I was legit in eighty seven.
Speaker 8: You found out you were a team captain.
Speaker 4: Though, Yeah, I could have told you that.
Speaker 8: Like you went out for the like the coin toss.
Speaker 6: I know, but I could have told you, Hey, my senior year, I was a captain.
Speaker 8: Well I know that, but like, and I've had a.
Speaker 6: Lot of votes in my junior year as well. If you're wondering, but back to that, Yeah, I think we're going to be in it. Who told you that my boy whisper it Blake Lawrence from Open Doors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they do a lot of work with the nc OH, which, by the way, this would actually be some knowledge that we're aware of. So the NCAA, you know how they're give and all the kids like six hundred bucks in a free game, and that was like a big like viral, everybody kind of shitting on it talking about it. There's like I would take that. There's like a lot of high end like probably the top one hundred guys, like they're getting really good deals, like they're they're becoming like ambassadors of the game.
Speaker 5: So guys are getting paid. It's just not all.
Speaker 4: Your guys, Like if you're the bottom on the like depth chart, you're still getting your six hundred and the free game opting in. But ultimately, like all the big dogs are gonna be like ambassadors and getting like well paid more pay than that.
Speaker 6: I think the entry fee is six hundred dollars and or the jury get is six hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: In the free game. Yeah, and ultimately nobody like say you're a cat who say middle of the road and you like opt out because you feel like you should get more money. Like the fans don't give a shit.
Speaker 5: Like you you like, we we love the game and.
Speaker 4: It's just a uh left tackle number seventy seven. Yeah you know what I mean. You just know who they are, like no one know, yeah exactly if you opt in or out, like all you need is probably not even need. But it's cool. Really don't need anybody to be in it. But it's cool if you got like their names going it. But if you opt out like no one can, no one gives a shit. If you offer, no one gives a shit. Thing too.
Speaker 6: Is like back back in our day when you got the game, knowing that you were in the game, whether your name was on the back or not, was the coolest feeling in the world.
Speaker 4: The sickest. Remember when you came in your freshman year and you're like, like, I Richard in my freshman year. So there's like, man, am I gonna be in the game? Like am I gonna get And then you see yourself down there at sixty something seventy or who knows what overall is for just like that's me, dude two fifty four.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's like you, I'm in the fucking video game game right now and now like six hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: Dude, it's a terrible.
Speaker 6: Business than I'm sure a bunch of people saying you can get more. Just do it cause you're gonna look back in ten years and if you do the shit you're supposed to do, you'll make a lot of money anyway. But that is coolest fuck because who knows when NC is gonna go away again?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I actually think all the kids, I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if players are actually bitching. I think it's just Williams Wood. I think it's a lot of the fans out there and people just making a conversation out of nothing. Yeah, that's probably a fair point.
Speaker 6: I just think it's so cool and it's such like a an honor in.
Speaker 4: Your Yeah, and you were like, you get to be part of the come back of college football the video game College Football twenty five is that's what they're calling it, right.
Speaker 6: College Football twenty Yeah, right NCA Oh really Yeah, as long as the game is as simple as it was in fourteen, anything like that, it can't be Madden's close to Madden is awful. It's not a fun game to play. My favorite thing to do in the NCAA is just to create the player and like be a ninety nine. Like that's my favorite thing to do. The actual playing the game. I could, you know, I have fun because it were the boys and stuff like that. But that's like my bread and butter, and I try to do that in Madden and it was miserable. There's too much like technical you have to release at a certain point. It's like that shit's lame. Just make it easy.
Speaker 4: Way. They're trying to get way too realistic about it, way too realistic.
Speaker 6: It's like, this is a video game for a reason. Yeah, just like NFL Blitz, Like yeah, obviously it's like we're just tossing the ball left and right and dudes are throwing it and slamming guys in the round. But it's simple and it's fun and you can play it for hours. Yeah, that's a good part about it.
Speaker 4: How we can do a dynasty to where all one hundred and thirty two teams could be accounted for run like a league wide bust in dynasty, Like you have to play with your team. You get a fan or a player from every team to be represented. You maybe go once a week where hey, you have to have your game in by Tuesday, and just if it's not simulated, jump in. Hey it's getting simulated league white email or something.
Speaker 5: Who knows.
Speaker 6: See that would be sweet, except for that's what I would buy into for four or five weeks, and then I would slowly peter off and not do well. This is the first year I took fantasy football seriously and that was a struggle for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, champion, but still a struggle.
Speaker 6: No asterisk I have this round as tik All you guys are just losers whining.
Speaker 4: But either way, the show goes on even if you fizzled out, and then the next year we did just have to cut you. Yep, there's hey, we need somebody to come in to represent Michigan. Yeah, Lake Korm you love Blake.
Speaker 6: You really do love Blake so much.
Speaker 4: I like I like him a lot.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 4: I hope he fucking crushes it. I hope he does too. I hope he goes to j Yeah. All those boys are good dudes.
Speaker 6: There was I don't was there any and you can just say yes, I want to ask your name. Was there was there anybody guy in Michigan that we were around here? Like I have a bad feeling with this guy.
Speaker 4: No, I mean no. But also when one cat who jumped in the bushes, who was a yeah, who was just a maniac.
Speaker 5: He was the pass rusher, the d n.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you don't like I said, we don't let to say the names. Yeah, number seventeen.
Speaker 4: But that's not like I don't mess with him. That's like a oh, hopefully everything he stays on the street, and well you will.
Speaker 6: You saw that night was me that was like to it like no joke to a tea. I was like, I was looking as I was walking and watching him sprint by me and jump into a bush. I was like, it's a young tale of the one.
Speaker 4: Hopefully he finds his tailing.
Speaker 6: Hopefully he finds his tailor, you know what I mean, that's all. That's the only thing that can He finds the right people. Yeah, yes, exactly. Hopefully it's a nice therapist he figures that out. Listen, brother, we'll get the mommy daddy issues out of the way in a little bit. You won't be all right. Yeah, but yeah, dude.
Speaker 9: I would love.
Speaker 6: I'm really gonna buy in and uh college for both twenty five, I really am. I'm excited for that it's gonna be such a fun time.
Speaker 5: We go in the shoutout no free shoutouts since we're on the positive vibes right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll do that absolutely. Start off.
Speaker 10: Starts off, Mitch, all right, my shoutow no if you shout out this week Uh kind of it stays in the sports world. But this past weekend and like kind of like Thursday and Friday, there's this one dude on the New York Rangers. He's this young cat and he is just fighting everybody on every team who's like just known as being the fighters. And I think it is so sick that in the NHL you can just square up with somebody and be like, all right, we're doing this, and like they're just so electric. So my shodow, no ifree shout out goes to the ability to fight in the NHL.
Speaker 4: All right, it's a good little shout out because that is sick that they get to do that.
Speaker 6: It's a cool thing too, because the NHL is like a gentleman's game, Like the way everyone operates. There's like rules within the rules that people have to follow and stuf like that, and to be able to settle a dispute that way is so cool to me.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 6: I did have a tweet one time that was like, I think it was like twenty sixteen, seventeen. I was like, they should let NFL players do that knowing good and well, that's a terrible idea, but that well.
Speaker 4: I think it's a bad decision on the player's part because the thing about NHL is everybody plays, so you get breaks. Yeah, no matter what, you get breaks, Like say you're in the middle of a drive and you just start squaring up and it's fourth quarter, like you're exhausting yourself, Like why even right?
Speaker 6: But it also it's also different because hockey there's times and places to get in a fight. Like you know, if it's the fourth quarter or the third period, close game, two to one type of situation, there's no fighting even if one of the worst things happen, because you just you know what that stake is the winner, the winner loss calumn. So like if it's first quarter, you're down by one, you need the boys to get some juice, Hey, com go in there, take out twenty three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'd almost need a you'd almost just need a guy on the bet coming off the bench.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some coke out well, go in. You're gonna go in.
Speaker 4: For a couple of plays. Yeah, make sure it's first down where they're probably gonna run the ball, right, smart good.
Speaker 6: Somebody fights. There's not a penalty. They're offsetting penalties. Those guys just go in the box for a little bit. So it just goes back to first and ten and then a bunch of guys can of just grab each other and hold each other while these two legits square off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but knowing that the mentality can be that like guys like you have lost your composure. Oh no, I mean you would have, yeah, but you take your helmet off. Then you just breaking hands really easily. Well, there's a there's an art. There's an art of fighting with helmets on.
Speaker 6: Right, it's a you have to grab the face mask, turn it and then its throat, it's chin, its throat. That's what you gotta do. If you go punch somebody in the helmet, you're you're new at this and you're just gonna hurt yourself more than the other person. But there's a quick little that's a little move there that for those of you who want to get in a football fight, that one's free.
Speaker 5: Aaron Donald just rips the helmet off and beats you with them.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, Miles Garrett, Yeah yeah yeah, uses them as legit.
Speaker 5: We so you're trying to get into think hockey.
Speaker 6: Hockey guys go, they get their scrums or whatever, and they move on. In football, if you get in a fight that I think that's not over. Whoever lost, it's not over for them ever. Yeah, they're hunting you down. Williams grabbed you, man, it's over.
Speaker 4: But I would like, I wouldn't even really shit talk a whole lot, just because I'm trying to conserve my energy get to the next place.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 6: I hate that. I hated that about people. Ben Jones would do the same thing.
Speaker 4: I would love to, like if you're like bantering about jokes or something. But yeah, I was never getting too loud, because again, you gotta conserve the energy.
Speaker 6: Ben Ben Ben would spend just as much energy as I would talking shit buttering the guy up in.
Speaker 4: Front of him, Yeah you're doing great, hey, like he'd picky, like you've tripped foot there? Yeah, And I hated that. I thought that was so lame.
Speaker 6: It's like Ben fucking stopped and then Ben, there was like a couple of times where I would talk ship to like the nose tackle, and Ben would literally come over to me and grab my faces, like you talk to whoever you want. Leave him alone, Yeah, Taylor, you leave him alone.
Speaker 4: Darren Sproles went out to the flat one time we were playing the Eagles and he was like, man, he should just threw it out here to me, and I'm just like, yeah, I'm so happy he didn't. Did he say anything. He just chuckled, and I was like, you're help a player. And then I just try just try to back to that all because I don't need you, know what I mean? I need guys this. You know, you you let your guard down a little bit, lower your level of play for just a minute. Yeah, this guy's a good guy. I'm not gonna do him dirty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is funny how that legitimately happens in the league too, Like dudes little hitting themselves as cop I'm not gonna do him dirty.
Speaker 4: I'll let him get this ankle. Yeah. I remember one time it was like one of the last two years and I went down and somebody apologized, so oh my bad company. Didn't mean to do that. God, it's all good. Brothers. Just help me up. It's all good, bro. Yeah. I hated the help up thing too.
Speaker 6: I I never did, never helped up an opponent once in my entire career.
Speaker 4: I don't know opponents. I mean it's like if somebody's down and I'm helping guys up. Maybe, But there wasn't like a there wasn't like a style of like I'm gonna leave this gout on the ground.
Speaker 6: I just wouldn't reach for somebody's hand if they reached out, and I had a thing about getting up to But Derek would always if it was the first run of the game or the fortieth run of the game, just put both of his hands up and if you were starting to want buy, he'd yell at you.
Speaker 4: God damn.
Speaker 6: He wouldn't help at all. You know, when helps somebody put their body into it, Derek would zero. He just like let you like bring them back up to life like Frankenstein.
Speaker 4: It was the worst. It was the worst.
Speaker 5: Jack shout out, my shout out.
Speaker 7: Every shout out goes to Jewish weddings. I tit in my first last weekend, and if I am been to one, I highly recommend.
Speaker 5: They're electric.
Speaker 7: They are electric, And there's just like a lot of cool cultural symbolism that they include, and like a lot of history. But I remember we get in there and most weddings that I've been to before, you know, they do the first dance, you eat, and then everybody just basically dances for the rest of the time, and we like everybody sat down. They do dances and speeches and then everyone gets up and for forty five minutes it was just like everyone holding hands, spinning in the circle, We're hoisting the people in the chairs and it was just all time, like the energy was everywhere. Everyone's having a blast, just hugging and kissing. So shout out that, and also shout out to my great friends Alex and Will Godwin who just got married.
Speaker 4: So had a great time there.
Speaker 7: But yeah, if you ever get the chance to go to a Jewish wedding, do not pass up on it. It will change your life.
Speaker 4: Let's go. It might be Jewish, so I don't know. Hell yeah, Delna did that. Delanna did that one year. The reason they're ahead of the game and they have electric weddings. In my opinion, they have an agenda like you, they have traditional things that they do, so no matter what, you.
Speaker 5: Know, what to be excited for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you go, you know, to a different wedding, you're if you're getting married, almost playing things within you know, the reception and everything else, just because it's like outside of that, it's like, Okay, who's gonna go out there on the dance floor first? Yeah, who's gonna do this? Who's gonna do that?
Speaker 5: Weddings you know what's coming next?
Speaker 7: End up and come dance, like everybody get up that. There's even like ninety year old grandmothers like, oh like spinning and dancing. Yeah, if she's doing it, you're doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah question.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love I love the awkward Christian wedding when it's like music starts and there's like two or three people are like do we I have hit? It's the first one in there to start fun doing whatever they're moving getting out there. Yeah, that's uh the worst, so great wedding. The worst wedding is Catholic weddings.
Speaker 4: The worst, dude.
Speaker 6: It's the first off, it's a leg workout. You're up and down fifty times. They're washing feet over there, and it's literally a straight communion. It's like an hour and a half.
Speaker 4: A lot of weird traditional stuff, weird, traditional stuff, weird.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean we're not weird, you're whatever you're in your Yeah, I'm saying weird.
Speaker 4: Process. I was like, listen, we're not against the cat weird. Like it's like you have to go through an entire like mass, you have to go through an entire service. Everything is very structured in a way of like school.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and by the time it's the reception happens and it's time to have fun, you're just tired from the thing.
Speaker 4: I spend an hour and a half. Let me get some bread or a salad in me before I start going crazy.
Speaker 5: Right, all right, let's play bingo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna buy the fifty fifth raffle for the quilt. For the quilt I used to sell, you know what, Wait used to deal raffle tickets for quilts back in the day. Yeah.
Speaker 6: The feet washing never, I never understood. That was at a ony one time and they started washing their feet, and I was like, I know this is a religious thing, but.
Speaker 4: I just didn't get it. Yeah, they're washing feet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'm sure there's so many in the comments that can tell us what that means.
Speaker 4: I think it's like your.
Speaker 6: Service yeah, your service for the other individual, you'd wash their feet great, love them?
Speaker 4: What a god? My shadow no free shoutout Sharing the Wi Fi password. So when you're at a spot and you're trying to get into the Wi Fi and it just pops up on somebody else's phone, they're like, oh, hey, who's trying to get on the WiFi? And you're like, oh myself, and they're like, I'll share it with you right now, and then boom you're in. You're into the Wi Fi. I think that's a very small victory for the iPhone is share being able to share the WiFi passwords. So that is my simple yet effective shout out no free shoutout. I like that.
Speaker 7: There's power two and being on the opposite end of that where you shared to someone else, you're like you know what, Yeah, here you go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think send it off. My shoutout no free shout out came to me yesterday. I had a dinner with Dennis Kelly after the combine and I was my whole approach to the dinner was trying to get him back to move back to Nashville, and he's like, oh, Will's not doing it for you, And I was like, no, you know it, what's great, but you know we're together every single day.
Speaker 4: I'd love to have you around. I'd love to have an outlet every once in a while.
Speaker 6: And it got me thinking to the fall, how like when we're in this building every single day, that I know how I am, I know how I can be, and to see the little like the more you know somebody, the more you can find out how annoyed they get quickly. And with Will, it's very easy to see for as long as we've been friends. Towards the end of the season, it was like, oh yeah, okay, Will's he needs a break from old Louis And so my shout out, no free shout out goes to the perfect amount of break you get from friends when you need this to recharge that button and get back to neutral.
Speaker 4: W What am?
Speaker 5: What are my?
Speaker 4: What are my ticks?
Speaker 8: Do we just?
Speaker 6: You get if you you internalize, you get quiet, faster jokes, you're not as jokey.
Speaker 4: It's not a bad thing. It's just like, oh my boy, he just needs to recharge his batteries. It's all I'm curious. I'm trying to learn about myself.
Speaker 6: What else does he do? You guys can jump in at any point, but it's really like this is you. It's an overall Yeah, it's fine, it's an overall energy thing with Will. That's just kind of like, Okay, he's not feeling it today. Okay, he's he's feeling the way it's it's November and we're not even in December yet, type of halfway through this season, just like how people get during the football season when you get to like have a second week in November and you're like, it's not even Thanksgiving yet, we still have half this motherfucker left. So you just see you see it in the eyes.
Speaker 4: So that's the boy. Good to see. You make a joke and you're like.
Speaker 6: Okay, he's not having a good time right now, and that's okay.
Speaker 5: You guys can tell.
Speaker 7: I think that's just natural for anyone anybody. You need time to like miss somebody and be like remember why you want to spend time with him, and just being like, ah, you really are getting under my skin.
Speaker 4: I don't want to see you ever again, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Everyone feels that way, no question, Like we're we're legit brothers. So there's gonna there's gonna become a point where we're like, listen, I need twenty four hours, because you would you would get anytime there would be like a small break, like Will would go to Chicago and I wouldn't go that. Friday was like seemed like the batteries were recharged a little bit, but you go. You go Monday busting to bet the bus. Wednesday slips some picks. Thursday we're both in Chicago. Friday we're going, We're off to this fall tour break. Sunday, Monday we're back at it. It's like, well, a couple of those go down, and I can just see Will be.
Speaker 4: In today Michigan Nebraka losing Yes.
Speaker 6: Saturday, and so that's where you just see it and they're like, yeah, he's he's kind of over it, isn't he? That's much oun't know for shadow dude. Recharging the batteries.
Speaker 5: Recharging the batteries.
Speaker 6: You gotta you gotta recharge it.
Speaker 5: Should we go?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: Should we talk? Pet Peeve? Do we want to go? Twisted question? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I kind of Do we have dad hats? Because I'd love to hit a dad segment real quick.
Speaker 4: It can be my bad story. This is this could funnel into the pet peeve.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna put this on real which now listen this new segment. For those of you stored up are so sports dot com, you can get this.
Speaker 5: Merch brought the segment up what over a month ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this is the first time we're doing it.
Speaker 6: So this is for all the dads out there, young kids, old kids, everything in between. This is this is a therapeutic session for all of us. Like this can be a positive thing or it could be a negative thing. Today for me as a father, this is gonna be a negative thing that just pisses me the fuck off your chest. Man, I appreciate that my six year old is incredible. Win rebela one. She's so sweet, she's so kind, like truly be a pit me of a little girl. Unicorns, butterflies, rainbows, loves all that stuff.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 12: Marrier, I hate the fucking whining voice. The daddy Willow took my bunny and then she said that. The bunny said this, and then the and then the bunny turned away from.
Speaker 6: Me, and I'm thinking, dog, did the bunny say that? When Yeah, the bunny said that, I was like, do you think you could be the bunny's voice, Like, no, Willow's being the bunnies, and it's that it's that daddy, that tone. Willows being the voice. It's like, well, also, okay, stuffed animal, you can be the voice if you want to be the voice too, so go ahead be the bunny's voice. Then she goes when yeah, I love you. I was like, see now the bunny loves you again. And then Willow, in true fashion, goes, I don't love you and turns the bunny away. My god, damn it, Willow, because Willows a savage. Willows will is an absolute savage, Like she just takes things and keeps moving forward.
Speaker 4: She is a rocky bo over our fans, was that.
Speaker 5: The first time you saw her hanging upside down on the swing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I was not sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So going off Willow being a savage, we go over to La Wants the Law wants hosts for like an Italian night. We had a great Italian meal cooked up by the one the only tailing Lawan and it was phenomenal. But before the meal gets made, uh, the girls are like, hey, let's go upstairs. So we go upstairs. I have Roo over.
Speaker 5: It's me, it's me, Rue Willow and win. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So we're in the pays up with the bach Tars and we're kind of hanging out and then my girls grab Will and just take Will upstairs. So Wills fending for himself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with one when the fellaws are gonna come up and look for me or find me. Like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: So I'm up there and we're in like the player and they're like, hey, can we go upstairs? Upstairs? I'm like, oh, what's upstairs?
Speaker 4: Upstairs? And they talk about like this this basically this this jungle gym that's up in like the attic. I'm like, well, I don't see why not. They're like, well, we can only go up if an adult is with us. So it's like, okay, I'm an adult. Let's go upstairs. I'll watch you guys. So we go up.
Speaker 5: There and they're playing around.
Speaker 4: There's like this there's like this swing but it's like, what's it called.
Speaker 6: It's like, uh, it is a swing. It's just a swing, but instead of like an actual.
Speaker 4: Sitting and swing, like this big.
Speaker 6: Cloth that you can kind of get in a maneuvering and they can kind of lay down or sit up or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so when is like hanging upside down, has her legs like wrapped inside, so she's kind of swinging Willow. You can tell she's fired up and wanting to do it too. She's like, I want to swing. I want to swing. I'm like, okay, I can help you swing. And she's like, uh, I want to do it like Win. I'm like, okay, have you done it before? And she was kind of like you know, She's like yeah. So I'm like, all right, well watch your sister. I'm like, Win, stand over here. We kind of go through the instruction and I'm like, lean back. The first time she does it, she's got her legs up wrapped around and she's swinging back and forth. She's having a blast, and I'm kind of curious, like was this the first time she did that? It was so I'm the one who's kind of enabling this and versus being like, oh, let's wait until mom or dad comes up and says you can do it. So then Taylor comes up, She's like, Dad, you gotta watch me swing And I was like, yeah, you gotta check out with a little swing. And so we go over there and I'm like, remember, I was like, get your back here, and I was like, we're gonna go backwards.
Speaker 5: We go backwards.
Speaker 4: I'm like, here, wrap your leg around here and wrap your leg around there. So she she starts trying to wrap. I step back. As I step back, she just slipped. She slips down the swing and just goes head first, lands on her head. Yeah, lands on her head, just head burst into the ground, and I kind of sit there.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh, and I'm sitting there like knowing it's Willow. Willow like hits hits her head, like on top of her head. The rest of her body falls.
Speaker 4: And she just goes, I'm okay, but kind of like I'm okay, and we're kind of sitting there and I'm like, God, I hope she is okay, because I have no clue if this is like the first time she's been doing this, and then what this has happened.
Speaker 5: It's like, oh, yeah, yeah, you're good.
Speaker 4: She's like, oh, I'm okay, I'm okay, and I'm just thinking, oh, thank god. Yeah. But she kind of just took it, dropped on her head and took it like a champion, just kept it moving.
Speaker 6: And Willow is really like that too.
Speaker 4: She's she's like that strong head bulldog strong.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and she's just kind of like eat shit dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But anyway, all that to be said, My daughter, my oldest daughter, is overly sensitive. Sometimes it's very difficult for me to handle that. Is there anything we can talk to you about your daughter?
Speaker 4: So my dad's story, man, My dad's story comes to us from Rue.
Speaker 5: And I'm gonna say this is.
Speaker 4: Probably a pet pee for Ru about her old man. She loves Frozen. She's into the Frozen world now. She loves Elsa, she loves Anna, she loves Olaf. I love Frozen. It's actually a movie that I can right now. I'm still in the I haven't watched it like one hundred times where I'm sick of it. So I'm still in that phase of we gotta listen to Frozen everywhere we go the soundtrack. If we say, hey, it's movie night, she's like Elsa, Elsa, Assa. And then we got to talk her into something else. We watch something else. But she loves Frozen. So I'm putting her down the other night. And she loves when mom and dad sing to her. Now, I usually have this old Mighty Joe Young song. I like to sing back after you know, the poachers came and everything else. But for whatever reason, Ru is now onto. She wants frozen, so she wants Elsa. She'll say, Elsa, Elsa. I don't really know the lyrics that well, so I just sing over and over like let it go.
Speaker 5: I'm just like, let it go, let it go.
Speaker 4: And I went back anymore, let it go, let it go?
Speaker 5: No no, no, none no, And then I'll.
Speaker 4: Kind of summing right, yeah, yeah, yeah, but I'm kind of like piecing those together, and I just kind of sitting rock before I like put her down for the final goodbye, and then she's like a ya ay ya aya, and she's singing so confident, like oh, her mother must have sang her something the night before, and she's like ayah, little did I know that? Man? Anna? And she wanted to hear like Anna, like the front Door song or something. It is like open up the doors?
Speaker 6: Shit, do you want to build a snow man?
Speaker 4: That's one of them. But she's like, a ya aya, I have no clue what she's saying, so I just start going I just start singing ayya. In the let it Go version, I just start going ayah a ya ah yah yah yah yah, and then she just immediately leans up, leans in for kissing. She's like bye bye, and I go downstairs. I tell her about it. She starts dial She's like, she wants you to sing uh for the first time in forever? Oh yeah, great song.
Speaker 5: And she's laughing.
Speaker 4: She's like she's probably sitting there like, what the fuck is dad singing right now? He just put me down, just put me to bed? Yeah? Do so that is my uh, that is my dad's story. That is my dad story of the week. I also hate the whiny voice. I hate when they don't get their way in their immediate thing is to start kind of like crying or like have that kind of yeah that kind of face and say, hey, let's let's calm down. I touched on it last week.
Speaker 6: I'm kind of finding my my my groove as like the grumpy dad sometimes and I'm I'm perfecting it. The last week has allowed.
Speaker 4: Me to perfect it. You're really getting there.
Speaker 6: I know when to become grumpy and when the hey that finger listen. Yeah, you don't talk to me like that, you don't talk to your mom like that. Yeah, why don't you go ahead and go do what I asked you? To do and think about what you did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bo love that. Yeah, I don't know how to mess with something I've started kind of just like if Ruth starts crying, like for whatever reason, I just start saying like, yeah, more louder, cry louder, that's not helpful. Stop crying. Kind kind of stop and look at me, and I'm like, go ahead, you want to you want to cry, Like, go ahead, cry louder, that's gonna help the situation.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure it's like gaslighting, young child.
Speaker 4: Oh it is. I don't truly know what gaslighting means.
Speaker 5: Want to push you in the car.
Speaker 4: All right, we can handle this a little bit better next time.
Speaker 6: I used to when when was little, when she would start crying, I would just cry also louder, and then she was like, you know, what the fuck does this guy doing?
Speaker 4: I just stop them. See.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm annoying, isn't it? But yeah, my kids ripped, dude, don't fucking get a twisted.
Speaker 4: I love my kids. But yeah, it's that club right now, that club. This is all all is fair in love and war man. This is the dad's venting. Yeah, hopefully dads are out there watching, commenting with us or like nudging their wife being like I see.
Speaker 6: There was a situation at dinner Saturday night when Rue got dropped on her head and I was like, I looked at taor probably when some ship like kind of whisper that, and Taylor gives me this look like yo, when is not always into ship?
Speaker 4: Like what are you talking about? Like give me this like gruesome look, and like walked away. I thought, that's a problem. Man. We can't just bitch. We can't just complain.
Speaker 6: The boys just can't complain sometimes.
Speaker 4: That's the fun of being a dad is getting with your significant.
Speaker 6: Other and talking a little shit. You want to talk a little shit about your kid, knowing good and well, I love this kid. I would die for this kid. I would let my wife die for these kids. That's how much I love these kids.
Speaker 4: But that's a Ryan Renolds joke. I actually went let them die. But anyway, it's I'm with you.
Speaker 6: Just you just want to talk a little shit sometimes, and like Taylor is big on, like listen, don't let it get out of hand. I understand you're frustrated. If you need me to take tonight, I will. It's like no, no, no, no, I just want you to bitch with me for a minute and then we can just move.
Speaker 4: Off at my joke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or a lot for the joke charge like what's wrong with room?
Speaker 4: Like she's been a little yeah like that, and she might not like have a little smirk or something. I'll just be thinking to myself, like I need a little giggle right there, Like this was just all that was all fun. That was all fun. That's a joke, my dog.
Speaker 6: Listen, smile yeah, woman's you should smile more. Yeah, yeah, but yeah, sometimes just want to bitch, dude. And if you guys are listening or watching the show and you're able to comment, go ahead and let us know your bitch.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Dads, Hey, we're all in this shit together.
Speaker 4: We're in it together. You're trying to get better. You know what helps you as a dad? Drinking a twisted tea?
Speaker 9: Do you?
Speaker 6: Twisted tea is refreshing, hard iced tea with real brood off with five percent alcohol, full of flavor, and very refreshing. Twisted tea goes down smooth and there is no carbonation, which makes it easy to drink all day long. Twisted tea fuels fun and celebrates extreme fandom on game date is the perfect alcohol slash beverage for game day, whether tail getting in a parking lot, watching at the bar, or watching it with friends at home. Twisted Tea is there to turn up your game day, keep it twisted and grab a refreshing twisted tea today.
Speaker 4: You know what goes great with the twisted tea The mangoes.
Speaker 6: The mangoes. I'm on the mangos right now because I don't have the espressoes on me. I think we actually did all those.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm trying to work in your back. Yeah, we get some cat coups. I'm going in now, Yeah, trying to get some all right, smart dude.
Speaker 6: So and I know, like, okay, here goes to with another ad.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 6: This is an ad, but it's also like a tip of the cap. So we had Lucy come in. Last week. It was Dave and Sammy and these dudes. Boy, yeah, shout out the boys like they came in there. Dave's like this broad shouldered, muscled out cat, like tells us a lot of powerlifting. Sammy, this dude comes in, scrawnier looking cat, got a beard, wearing a like a Levi's jacket. We're kind of talking hanging out. We showed the meru on the shop a little bit, kind of get their game plan. We started to get the ins and outs of Lucy and how the nicotine world lives. By the way, it's a big popularity contest. Zin and all these other companies are owned by like big tobacco companies essentially, so Lucy, you guys are probably I've seen the comments, Well they're so expensive, they're so this all these other companies can cut margins because they they're funded by billions and billions and billions of dollars. Lucy is essentially a mom and pop shop with two dudes that are just trying to make their parents prout, which we found out Dave David, the owner, we really got to make his dad prout. If you want to have a son, finally get the approval.
Speaker 4: Of his father, you need to buy a Lucy.
Speaker 6: But we sat in there. Dave was sitting in the guest chair, and then Sammy was sitting where the boy's usually sitting them back on the benches, and Sammy took that jacket off. Bro boy looks fantastic sleeper Billy Cooper Bill, you got that Cooper Bill sleeper Bill. He took that thing off Vans arm bicep just fucking out there hanging out. I was like, Oh, these boys get after it, and so shout out Lucy too because it was just a good.
Speaker 4: Time, dude.
Speaker 6: Lip pillows feel fantastic. The Breakers are amazing. I'm officially an espresso guy. When it comes to Lucy's, Mango is a close second, So get him when you can't use code bust and I believe for a discount of Lucy dot com. That's there's not even an adverage for Lucy today, is there?
Speaker 4: There's not?
Speaker 6: And the boys are working on an antidepression protocol that is not backed by science, that is not real.
Speaker 4: We're going to release it anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, anti depression, Mitch.
Speaker 4: So the twisted question, yea ready, I thought it was just a twisted ad read.
Speaker 10: But yeah, So this one comes from uh Jake Not on Instagram, Jake dot not appreciate you. If you could take one singular item from any fictional world and be able to use it, what would it be?
Speaker 8: And why?
Speaker 10: So we can use a fictional item or we can do a weapon kind of whatever you guys are whatever you guys.
Speaker 6: One fictional item? What was Thanos's glob What was it like, I've never even seen it, but that sounds like the easy, low hanging fruit.
Speaker 8: You kind of need all of the other stones in order for that to be search the world.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm out on that or the universe right, like, it'd be tough. There's a couple in my head right now, now, okay, go ahead. Actually there's three Harry Potter's wand lightsaber, the ray gun from Call of Duty, Zombies Danger. Hey, that's a banger, dude.
Speaker 6: Harry Potter's wand is not a good one because in the first movie, you have to the one has to pick you.
Speaker 4: You can't just have Harry Potter's wand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I have to choose you. Yeah, we're assuming it's choosing.
Speaker 4: Me, or we're assuming that I think so.
Speaker 6: I mean the lightsaber I thought was a really good one.
Speaker 4: Lightsaber would be sick. Just have a true, authentic lightsaber. I can't check this ship out. I have Darth Maule's lightsaber.
Speaker 6: My first thought is, uh, the Heart of the Ocean from the movie Mauana.
Speaker 4: Seen that movie.
Speaker 6: It'd be a good one. I like the lightsaber thing.
Speaker 4: I thought you were gonna say Titanic. Oh, the Heart of the Ocean Dilace. I take that thing any movie.
Speaker 6: What about Marty McFly's car from Back to the Future, That would be a fun one. That's probably my choice right now.
Speaker 4: School buslid one just can't pick it up.
Speaker 8: I mean, we're assuming you can.
Speaker 7: My first thought is the remote from Click. But then if you've just seen Click, no you're not so. And I don't think you guys have seen this show, but I'm sure you were aware of it. But I'm using Rick's Portal Gun from Rick and Morty. You can just travel every conceivable reality ever, and you don't have to drive anywhere anymore either. So I think that's what I'm doing, is Rick's Portal Gun.
Speaker 4: What about the Green lanterns Ring.
Speaker 7: It's a good one, But then you I feel like you have to now take on a life of being a vigilante and protecting the world.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 6: I always thought to myself, Man, if Superman was just selfish, he could just be awesome.
Speaker 4: I like, but maybe, uh, the Green Rangers whistle to take out the Godzilla Megazord from the ocean. That's a great one. Superpotor fucking the megazor just comes out of the water for you. I don't know the references.
Speaker 6: Oh you don't know the reference, don't I don't, man, the magic basketball from Looney Tunes, the Secret Sauce, No, no, that's just water. But the magic that the aliens steal from the Charles Barkley and.
Speaker 4: All of the NBA players and all the NBA players. That's a good one. He compliments his own. That's a good one, right, guys. Like a masterball from Pokemon. Yeah, but where's the Pokemon at if one comes with it? Mew two? What Pokemon would you want to? Wow? I mean on metube. You didn't seen the mewtube build?
Speaker 8: No show me?
Speaker 4: It is springtime. Jack gets extra horny in the spring.
Speaker 5: It's the weather's nice today.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Have you guys seen the flowers outside by the way, there's some blooming right now.
Speaker 4: It's got me horny, they say, like when I girl as a YouTube build, I think chars A would be sick man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he was always so disobedient with Ash.
Speaker 4: That's Ash though. Yeah. There's a lot of charge gards that don't So what's just final answer?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I like all those everything we're kind of saying, and I don't know what exactly are you using it for size? Just killing people?
Speaker 7: But it would be such a great centerpiece in like your living room above a fireplace.
Speaker 4: Three gun. Another good gun, the Green.
Speaker 5: Ranger whistle, the Green Weight Ranger flute.
Speaker 8: Is that what it is?
Speaker 4: Percu? Yeah, it's from Power Range Sideways.
Speaker 6: Another good gun. One would be a Golden Eye Golden Eyes, Golden gun.
Speaker 5: What am I thinking of?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The flute?
Speaker 5: You're doing this, it's that's what I was thinking of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you right, yeah, yeah, but he's playing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Green Green Rangers flute.
Speaker 4: That is so funny.
Speaker 5: And watch this motherfucker dude, then your megazor just comes out.
Speaker 4: So that is so funny.
Speaker 8: Take like a transformer.
Speaker 4: Will be a good pug. Yeah, fuck, that's a good one. There's a spongeboble one like the Magic conk Shell. He'd want that bullshit. I don't even know what that is, but I know that's a look up the Magic conk Shell. Give JP the Magic conk Shell. Well, stop this programming so you can watch five minutes of the Magic conk Shell.
Speaker 7: Uh so the teleports the I don't know if that's from SpongeBob So there might be multiple lores of the Magic conch, but teleports the player to the ocean.
Speaker 6: But he's so mad right now, he's on that damn cruise of spotty WiFi getting mad.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to see when he gets himself in there on the wave. He's filming his boys hitting the wave. Oh yeah, the flowboard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, JP athletic like that.
Speaker 5: He had himself number one. I think when he did well, you guys all did the pot that podcast.
Speaker 4: We all at each other number one. Yeah, see I didn't. I was honest. Everybody officially done that podcast, xpt us coop and yell.
Speaker 5: We gotta get on it, man, do we?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think you and I had a verbal agreement about that show. Yeah, but it seems like if they're getting everybody, you might as well just jump on in for the boys.
Speaker 6: What's the name of the show? Two pennies in a dime, two dimes in a token?
Speaker 4: All right, yeah, we'll do the show. Yeah, I'm not saying like we have to have some verbal If you guys are watching this, we'll do your show. Now, we'll do your show. I wonder if they want us together a separate I'm sure i'd say separate. Yeah, I mean they did everybody else separate really air it out on two dimes in a token? How we really feel? Really get down to the nitty gritty, no question.
Speaker 6: They're asked us, who's most athletic?
Speaker 4: I got my list?
Speaker 5: All right, hopefully I've done enough recently.
Speaker 6: Are we solid boys? Are we ready to get into Troy Palamlu. Yeah, Well, tell what they look forward to going into the show.
Speaker 4: Football porn. Troy Palamalu is absolutely everything and more. He talks about the strategy within the strategy of jumping over the line of scrimmage and how too much strategizing that he had to learn that he just had to go off of vincetinct. I never think it, but the way he described wanting to be the best safety the guys that he watched breaking down film, the whole game within the game of football is truly football porn, and it exactly it is exactly what you want to hear about from somebody like Troy Palamalu. And he even gives like, you know, he kind of talks as much about like what he did to become who he was and how much effort was actually put into it, like practical things that he did, like staying up late, like even just obsessing over YouTube videos and watching other plays and what that, what wrinkled they would have in their game, how he would implement it into is when he would fuck up and have to talk to the coaches on the sideline about it, about why he was making that decision, how the steel the Steelers were the Steelers back when they won the Super Bowl. What else did he kind of talk about. He talks about even being a dad now and he's still kind of that same guy where he's on Instagram looking up you know, Dad's who he He's like fond of that. He's like, Okay, this seems like they do it the right way, Like what do they do? Like he very much has that student approach and curiosity to everything. And he was fucking awesome. I hate that it was only thirty minutes long. About thirty minutes long, but he had to. We had him at Super Bowl week and he was jumping around everywhere kind of like doing a thing for Doritos. I believe, like, uh, Freedo lay, Freedo lay. And so we didn't get him his longest, but he did say he would come back on the bus. He said he'd come back.
Speaker 7: On to me.
Speaker 6: It was very interesting how somebody who was so consumed by the game of football, when he stepped away from the game, he is fully immersed. He is out on football. He doesn't really follow like when we when he first walked in before he started shooting, he was like, I'm a little nervous, and I was like why. He's like, I don't follow ball. I don't you know, I don't really talk about ball a whole. I was like, dude, we're gonna talk about the glory days and get to know you, like just knowing that seemed like he was like, okay, good because he thought he was gonna have to break down film or something like that, and he obviously wasn't extremely familiar with our show.
Speaker 4: But it was awesome.
Speaker 6: Dude, guys an absolute legend. His process to just talking about guys, I thought was one of the cooler things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, stories about Dick Lebo. There's a I'll let you guys listen to the show.
Speaker 6: But there was a thing that Dick used to do with the Titans that he did every single year, and he knew this whole story verbatim, and it was it was very cool when you uh and It's obviously started with the Steelers, so that was awesome. Before we get in that episode, let's talk about cars dot Com. Cars dot com is a leading digital marketplace that connects car shoppers with their perfect car, celebrating twenty five years of helping shoppers research, find inventory, finance, and sell cars. Wherever life takes you next, Whoever you're looking to be, there's a car for that on cars dot com. Up to fifty thousand cars are added daily to cars dot com shop over two million cars for two million possibilities. Find your neext possibility on cars dot com. Where to Next, Where You're going next? This episode with Troy paulm all enjoy big hugs and tiny kisses.
Speaker 4: Welcome to bus with the boys. We have an absolute legend with us, Troy Polamalu, man, it is it is an honor to have you. Let's yeah outstanding.
Speaker 9: Obviously here on behalf of Freedo Lace Right, freed Lace.
Speaker 4: Cool Ranch Cool, Wherever the fun wants to take you, it is Freedo lay Right. Before the pod, I was kind of asking off like us, like what have you been up to? Like You've always done a very good job of staying under the radar, and he was getting into uh, his two boys fifteen and thirteen. Uh, they're starting getting to think of it with sports and and what I wanted to ask is, what's it like being like, ah, you know, being like one of those sport fathers, being those sport dads, like navigating that you're talking about teaching them hard work and everything else.
Speaker 1: Well, to tell you the truth, like, once sports are over with and you know, like you get into the stands, you become no different than any other dad. That's what I realized, Like, first of all, for my children, they don't give it. They don't care what I say, whether it's about football or not.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 1: Secondly is I don't like you know, the crazy sports that thing is. I've embodied that completely. I've tried my best not to be that person. So it's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: I've been all that.
Speaker 1: I've been the sports dad, I've been the coach, I've been all that. And that's that's kind of been my experience since it's football, to be honest with you, we had Ed.
Speaker 6: McCaffrey on here. He's talking about obviously his son Christian, He's playing in the Super Bowl and all that, and Christian was on last year talking about all the crazy things his dad would do during the recruiting process, putting weights in his socks were weighed more.
Speaker 4: Ivy during in the middle of school, pick him up for a night and get an iv He went to a private.
Speaker 9: School and he had to wear jeans, and his dad be like, jeans a little heavy for game day?
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 6: Do you catch yourself like obviously having the success you did in the NFL and you see your young boys, so yeah, no soda, no carportation, had the belly like you see your your.
Speaker 9: Own boys like starting their process.
Speaker 6: Is do you ever catch yourself being like if you know, hey, sleep routine, diet, all that, because when I mean, all men didn't play in the league, but you know, we just kind.
Speaker 9: Of ate whatever. Right, it was high school.
Speaker 4: You kind of just figured out as you win.
Speaker 9: But you having that knowledge, have you tried to put that on your kids at all? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But then you but but then you evolve towards doing with the most optimal for your body and for your health.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of tough to be honest with you. I'm geared.
Speaker 1: I'm geared very much type A, although I may not act that way, you know, so I am very regimented and how I view things and how I do things, so funny enough is yeah, absolutely, I've watched that Ed McCaffrey, like his his inside the NFL and everything that he'd done.
Speaker 2: That's how I'm sessed.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 2: I study other fathers to make sure like.
Speaker 3: Dad.
Speaker 1: So so aside from that, you know a very infamous father and who I think is unfortunately characterized that way. Marv Marinovitch was my trainer, so he was kind of like seen as the ultimate sports sta and you know, bestowing all of his knowledge on his son. So yeah, there is a certain balance there, absolutely, but without a doubt. You know, as you know and you learn in the in the NFL, is it's always the little things. You know, everybody does the big things with always the little things and the accumulation those little things that kind of make the big difference in those inches that are millimeters that you try to gain throughout the sport. And for my son's it's a little bit of that. You know, I'm not telling them, you know, wear jeans or not wear jeans or.
Speaker 2: Any of that sort of stuff. Without a doubt.
Speaker 1: I tell him how important sleep is, how important I'm saying this for all the other kids out there, is you know, the most important thing for kids and for any athlete is sleep, hydration, and then the diet, and then the therapy and then the training. So the things that are under your control or the sleep, the diet, you know, and the hydration. So that's one thing that I am very you know, strict on, is like, no, man, you got a hydrate if you want to play two sports, you want to play five sports or whatever the case is. Like, these things are really important. So I am pretty strict about some of those things.
Speaker 4: Are they both? Are they both very different? Is one more type a? Is one more like you that you feel like, Okay, I can coach him this way and coach the other one this way? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, they're They're exact opposite. One's very geared towards uh, trying to please everybody, and one of them is very much about himself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they understand, I'm sure they do. But finding like that interest of like, oh my dad played at this high level. He's this hall of fame guy, like the things he says, I'm more of a sponger. Is it very much that you know, since you're the dad, one you're out the other at times, and then their coaches something like I've been trying to tell you this the whole time.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I joke that my kids are like that. But they aren't. They're very there. I'm very blessed. They listen really well.
Speaker 5: They do.
Speaker 1: Uh you look up old highlights and things like that, but you know they I'm very fortunate. Again, we have a very a very great relationship with my two boys.
Speaker 4: Do you love looking back at usc and and and and watching that hit you put on Old Boy? What was it on Special Teams?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't even know what you're talking about, man, And funny enough, funny enough my on that hit?
Speaker 2: It was Aaron Locket, Yeah it was.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was an ill timed hit. But what I always tell people is that was the third one. The two before that.
Speaker 9: We're perfectly timed. So if you were to watch the whole game, you would to saw the two before that.
Speaker 1: But uh, my wife was like I had met her at that time right before, and she was like, man, that guy's a cheap player. I hope I never meet that guy. I'd say something terrible to Hi'm like, yeah, I wouldn't want to meet him.
Speaker 2: There is a piece of crap. He's later found out it was obviously me.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so with the.
Speaker 6: Kids, like sticking on that for just one more, like it was ever a point in your life. As your kids get older, they discover they go to school, their kids are talking about your kids, friends are talking about their their dad, and like tempering those expectations as they kind of go to sports, like, hey, you don't have to like the goal is not to like achieve what I did. It's like to be the best version of yourself. Did you ever have like were they ever struggling with that anything?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think naturally they I me and my son plays football and they both they both be playing tackle football. So I think naturally they're going to deal with that. And I meant, you guys have been in this all We've been all the same circles. You know, these things aren't to it an advantage to anybody right in our circle. But I tell them to embrace that. You know, that's only going to harden them, make them even better, you know, in a lot of ways. And also is you know I've I've also been on the other side of where I've always been the jealous athlete, always trying to knock down the who's ever on top, and and you know, there was a lot of bad characteristics that I had growing up because of that. So, you know, I try to coach my son like how to deal with people that have similar character of how I was, you know, growing up very jealous, very competitive, very alpha type. So what they do have is they have, you know, somebody who's got a lot of life experience, you know, that's able to impart a lot of knowledge. And to their credit, they're great listeners.
Speaker 4: We interrupt this episode to bring you Nutrifall. Guys, we don't have to choose between hair growth and our health. Oh shit, hey, your boy is on this. You are, Yeah, your boy has been on this for a month and a half now. Charo actually put me on it. She does a lot of other stuff for on the female side of their products, Hold on Your nutri Fall's drug free whole body approach promotes hair growth from within, no compromises, just better hair. Nutrifall is the number one dermatologists recommended hair growth supplement brand, with over one million people seeing thicker, stronger, faster growing hair with less shedding. Nutri Falls hair grow supplements are physician formulated using one hundred percent drug free ingredients. Their patented technology provides provides consistent, reliable results without compromising your sex life. While many supplements rely solely on ingredient studies, Nutrifall clinically tests final formulations to ensure their efficacy. In a clinical study, eighty four percent of men showed improvement in their hair after six months taking Nutrifallmen's hair growth supplements. Taking their hair wellness quiz on nutrifall dot com Forward slash Men again, take their wellness quiz on neutrafall dot com Forward slash Men for a personalized hair health plan based on your specific root causes. With nutrifall, building a hair growth routine is simple purchase online, No prescription or doctor visits required or necessary.
Speaker 5: Free shrip, free.
Speaker 4: Shipping, and automated deliveries ensure you'll never miss a day. See results within three to six months. Take the first step to visibly thicker, healthier hair. For a limited time, Nutrifall is offering our listeners ten dollars off your first month subscription and free shipping when you go to nutrafall dot com, slash Men and enter promo code busting. Find out why over forty five hundred health care professionals and hairstylists recommend nutrifall for healthier hair nutrifold dot com, slash men spelled n U t r a f o l dot com slash men, and enter promo code busting nutr fault dot com slash Men promo code bustin this is awesome your boys on it.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to see.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm gonna take it before and after for the people since they're advertising with the boys right now, back to the episode Fall dot com. Who are some of those Safeties that you were jealous of? Oh?
Speaker 2: All of them, to be honest with you, but are there a couple or is there one that you're just like?
Speaker 1: So every year, every year I watch five Safeties and I would literally watch every single one of their plays, and I would make a highlight tape and a low light tape of all of them. So that's what I did throughout my whole career. Ed was somebody I watched every I watched every single one of his plays. So obviously Ed is somebody who admired. But there's a bunch of guys like Donnavan, Darius Bob Sanders, a lot of guys that don't get a lot of credit that, you know, we're Hall of Fame type caliber players that didn't have lengked and and to be very frank, man, I was in the most beautiful situation in Pittsburgh. I got a Hall of Fame defensive coordinator, hall of fame head coach.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: You could put any of these players in my position, they would have been just as successful as I am. I studied, I was obsessed with the game. I broke down safeties in this way and even cornerbacks in this way. So I don't say these things humbly. I see, I study these guys. I studied everything about them, you know. I studied Father, I studied MacCaffrey, I studied Marinvy. I'm not telling you so these sort of things aren't aren't like, that's obviously who I am. Maybe a part of my success as a football player, but it's it's just who I am. It's the things of how I view, you know, trying to be a father or trying to help train athletes or whatever the case is.
Speaker 4: Were you very were was all this this student of the preparation Did you have all this in usc and it helped carry you into the league or did it obviously develops over time, but did you kind of have that sense of urgency in preparation at college? No?
Speaker 1: I absolutely developed it over time. And what I did is I studied the greats. Like if anybody at this period of time knows, like saw how Ed Reid how much he talked about how important film was, and you didn't listen to that, you know what I mean? Like this, he was talking in college about this stuff, and I'm listening to him in college and so so like all of these sort of things became habits for me. You know, you hear here and there about what Tom Brady is doing and all these guys about health, wellness, longevity and you know, how to keep a sharper edge, and you know, you hear about how other athletes rob you know, like Gilbert Reene is talking about how he watched Kobe Bryant play and how he learned from these guys. And honestly, it's very simple in that way. You know, you got to have a student mindset in the sport nothing. You're not going to be original in anything. There's a lot of great players that have done a lot of great things and and and you've guys walked in these shoes. It's no secret, man, It's it's sacrifice, it's grit, it's hard work. It's no special talent that anybody else has. So you know, as long that to me is it was my mindset. So that's why I learned from guys like Ed, guys like Donovan Darius.
Speaker 5: A lot of.
Speaker 1: Safeties that I studied that aren't quite you know, very famous out there.
Speaker 6: When you were talking about like Hall of Fame decordinators, dick LeBell, he was with the Tennessee Titans for a year, and this is a guy who like walks into.
Speaker 4: A room and you're like, holy shit, dude, that's dick Lebe. Yeah. And he's a legend.
Speaker 6: And there's so many things that we went and played the Steelers on Thursday football. We got destroyed. It was like it was ab catching the ball in the back of his head. It was just an absolutely they molly wopped us. But like he brought all these other players in these Hall of Fame dudes, I is a Kessel Kesel Yep. He bought him and a bunch of other guys and they had conversations with us. But one of the things they always would tell amazing stories about Dick and I got there was one time for Christmas, right around Christmas time, we'd have a team meeting this with you guys. So he sat and he read the night before Christmas in front of the whole team.
Speaker 4: No he didn't, we did read it.
Speaker 9: He didn't really cited the entire.
Speaker 6: Book or story like verbatim, and so like, are there any like some dicloboisms that maybe the world doesn't know about as much?
Speaker 1: Well for to extend on that story though, this is something he did every year, so it was like a tradition on the last game before Christmas. And to me, I always look forward to that every year because I mean, you experienced it, you understand like the level of like you kind of look around here, like, dang man, like.
Speaker 2: This guy's reciting the whole poem.
Speaker 1: He writes an intro and you know, an intro to it that he wrote himself, that like is perfectly in line with the entire poem.
Speaker 2: And then you to me what I would loved? What I loved at those.
Speaker 1: Moments, I would look around at all the younger guys and then they that's when they like would really start to say, man, I'm part of something special and very different, Like they don't do this normally different at you know, in the NFL. So to me, that was always really special thing that he would always do. In fact, even to this day, on the night before Christmas, I'll pull up the video on YouTube and my family will watch.
Speaker 2: It as well.
Speaker 1: But Kosa bo Is, he's I mean, you experienced them for a year. But and in my career he was everything to me. I mean he was came in my second year and we left the Steelers together. Man, every every day was like a like a like a like a like a there was like a.
Speaker 2: Wide sage moment with him. It was like whoa, that was profound, like thank you for that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 9: It was just like every day was that.
Speaker 1: And and you don't get that from coaches that you like, you know what I mean, Like coaches you get different type of wisdom from he got gave like sage advice. So and it came like at like like he was never a yell er, He was never a cusser, you know. But so it was just just came like in a very real sense, and especially the fact that he's a Hall of Fame player.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: The funny things that he would always do is like he would come to dB line he just walked down you go twelve, fifteen, twenty seven, fifty five. He's like, all of you guys don't amount to the amount of interceptions that I have. You would literally just go like that, like, yep, that's fifty five all you guys combined sixty three over early.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he was He was awesome.
Speaker 6: Was his was the beauty of his coaching. The consistency. Consistency like having him from a year two to when you finished, did he ever kind of waiver?
Speaker 4: It? Never?
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely absolutely not.
Speaker 5: But also like.
Speaker 1: You know he I think that's one thing is is his consistency. But like I don't know, like it wasn't like he changed his matches, it got stale and none of it. Never did that, but always kept us excited and happy.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. It was just that that level of respect that we had for him.
Speaker 6: Such a unique like way to go about things. I feel like the coaching world, at least when we grew up in was like more yelling, more intensity, and there was like such a calmness about him everywhere he walked, he comes see you, he remember everybody's name. Tap you on the shoulders you left, gentle, tap on the shoulder.
Speaker 9: You're like, man, we had a moment.
Speaker 4: He first time you experienced somebody like that too. You're just thinking, like, Okay, there's another way that goes about it. I'm kind of receptive to this style.
Speaker 1: Like he's he like told me one day is like he's like he just for the heck of it, he went like four hundred days eating a cheeseburger every day, So he tried to do something like.
Speaker 9: That with like you know what I mean, like like change.
Speaker 4: But we interrupt this episode to bring you body Armors zero this episode again the brand new zero sugar sports drink from our friends that body armor provides real hydration with no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or dies. Whether you're looking to stay hydrated or recovering from a long weekend, Body Armors zero Sugar has got you covered with great tasting flavors like fruit punch and lemon lime. They're a huge part of barstool. We love body Armors zero Sugar. They even got the PMT guys to bear it all under in their new commercial, so go check that out. Body Armors zero Sugar is available in stores nationwide. Head on over to body Armor their store on Amazon, and get yours today. Body Armor the sports drink of the World. I'm so fascinated with the way you were talking about your preparation and being kind of obsessed with like watching everybody else and kind of adding those parts of the game. I know we talk about doing things like that and just that that that level of of detail. Could you you have your style of play of like being up on the line of scrimmage, rolling to the middle of the field, jumping over the line of scrimmage, like doing all these like unique things. And uh, was there a time because I feel like when you're a player and you want to go make a play, right coach coach will be in the film, I'm like, yeah, you make the decision. You better make a play or it wouldn't work out. Like, was there a time where you're studying these other guys and you're thinking, Okay, ed Reed just did this or this this guy just happened, Like I'm going to start adding this wrinkle to my book, and then when that moment did happen, You're like Okay, the leash of Palamlo gets longer because like, hey, he's going out here and making these plays.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, there's there's absolutely a lot of things for Ed in particular that he would do that I'm like, oh, man, I need to incorporate that. And and funny thing is that's what I would use Scout team for. To be honest with you, I was like, I want to do Scouts Team. I want to do Scout Team because I'm like, oh, well, you know, I want to try some of the things I've seen how some of these other safeties do you know. One thing that I try to tell people about football is it's a It's it's a hard sport to get really good at in a sense because we spend our off season working out. So like the mentality is every off season the only way that we can get better is to get bigger, stronger, and faster. You know, it's not get better at our skill development. So for me, I realized that, man, in order for as this for a safety to become better, I need to get more reps at practice. So I needed, like Seymour, I needed to just continue to see it. So that's where that's where I really started to change my practice habits to like get more reps on the field so that I could I could see see more. I actually learned that from a book of the ten Thousand Hours book I forget Yeah Outliers and just talking about like that maximized that rep. So I was like, man, I need to maximize reps on the field. So whenever I would go and do scout team, that's where I was maximizing the reps. But then I would also incorporate the things that I saw on film, like oh Man ed disguis cover one this way to make it look like cover six. So he baited that front side post that they wouldn't throw and cover three, but they would throw and cover six.
Speaker 2: You know that he would do these genius type.
Speaker 1: Things like oh man and maybe oh they call cover one, Hey, let's make it look like six. And you know, these sort of things that you could practice and Ryan would be out there or Chris Hope, you know, the other safety would be out there, so we'd be, you know, practicing these guys together. The other thing was at Pittsburgh. The unique thing that I hadn't as a role was my rookie year. They maybe play safety. They may play safety, both safeties, which were two different positions at the time, and then both nickel and the dime so end cornerback. So I was end up being like the big safety on corner. So I literally played almost every position on defense, and then on sometimes on three man rushes, I'd be the fourth rusher, so I could run a text I can run the X game with some with the with the DN, so you could literally say I played every position. What was really cool about that. Terrible about that was I had to learn them all, which was terrible because my whole rookie year I gave up I promised, I gave up a touchdown a game and it was I'm serious. What's funny about that is my second year, if any rookie it would have come in and done that, I would have been like, get him out of the game. Like my standard had been crazy different. But anyway, when you look at an offense and then you see, hey man, they attack you in this way, and I'm a safety, I'm like, I play every position. I know what everybody's doing. If I know the ball's going there, coach, I'm just gonna switch with him. I'm gonna say all right, you know linebacker, you play safety. I'm gonna play linebacker because I know if I if you play it right, but I know the play, I'm gonna play blow it up. So for me, it was that's that's that's kind of where I started really developed. It's hard as seeing. Man, I'm knowing everybody's role, and if I know that the ball is gonna go there, I'm just gonna switch positions with him.
Speaker 4: So you would do that in real time in the game. In real time in the game, this when they wouldn't be a practicing, you'd be like, okay, I have a really good incline.
Speaker 9: It started.
Speaker 1: I started getting smart enough to know that when I would do this and practice, the coaches would say you can't do that. I'm like, all right, I'll just wait for the game to do that. And then during the games, I'm like, oh, but you know I'm not talking about I'm also giving up blitz this. I'm also saying, hey, James, you'd be better and this was this blitz than I am because I know you're gonna get the running back.
Speaker 4: I won't.
Speaker 1: I'll get the running back too, but you know, same thing. So it's like the same thing you know, like I know I'm gonna get the tight end. Let's switch positions because I'll rush a degap, you rush, you rush contained because I'll get the tackle.
Speaker 9: You get the tight end.
Speaker 1: So, like, you know, these little nuances that you can make everybody better. Everybody didn't think like, oh well, why would you switch the place?
Speaker 9: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: James versus the tight end and me versus the tackle. Of course I'm gonna lose. He's gonna win one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So that that's what.
Speaker 4: That's what.
Speaker 1: What what started to make our defense really roll together, and what's started to hurt our defense late in my career is you get rookies out there.
Speaker 9: I'm like, hey man, you got curl of flights, Like what's curled the flat? You keep me doing that?
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh man, we interrupt this episode to bring you Verizon. Verizon.
Speaker 6: You already know that Verizon is the network America relies on. But did you know that you can get the network you want for your Mitch? Mitch, all good, But did you know you can get the network get the network you want for your phone and your home. Get Verizon for both mobile and home and safe, so you you can make sure whatever whatever it is you're following this year's Oscar movies, the hockey playoffs, the Sharps football draft projections, It's all good whether you're at home or not at home.
Speaker 4: And when you.
Speaker 6: Switch and get a deal on the iPhone fifteen pro iPad and Apple watch se the network you want on the tech you love, simply Better Together only on Verizon. Visit your local Verizon store to shop or learn more.
Speaker 4: Back to the episode, do you remember that first play where that worked out, where you just kind of went out of the box and took a shot and it happened to work well to where it's like, okay, you know it.
Speaker 9: Was more or less that happens in like coverage.
Speaker 2: You know, the coaches will be yelling me, hey, it's covered two.
Speaker 9: It's covered two. It's covered two.
Speaker 1: You just be in the half and I'm showing cover three. But I'm telling the corner, hey, you got the half, I'm gonna take the flat.
Speaker 2: So I'm showing cover three the whole time, and.
Speaker 13: Coach is yelling out the side, hey, hey, you gotta be back, you gotta be back, And I'm like trying to ignore him and then all of a sudden, it's like, you know, I'll get to this sound like coach, I just inverted with the corner.
Speaker 1: I let him play the half. I played the you know, I just want to give the quarterback a different look. They've been calling this and cover three every time. So those little things is what Coach Lebo started to allow us, Like yeah, man, here's the call.
Speaker 9: Make it right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like just giving us that level of flexibility in a lot of ways. We're talking about how coach Toalman does too.
Speaker 6: How long did it take for a Coachbo to be like, all right, understand, you think it's going to be a point where you're supposed to be a coup two, but you're showing cover three and you go to sideline and it's like you can't do that. How many times did it work? How many does it have to work? Before they were like maybe he's onto something like yeah, I'm I'm a.
Speaker 1: Little bit of a politician too, you know, Like I I would tell him you told me this though. If you tell me it's one hundred percent run, then I'm going to play one hundred percent run. Like, don't don't tell.
Speaker 2: Me it's going to be something that it's not.
Speaker 1: And that's what I try to tell the players, like just don't study film to study film. You know, if Ed taught us anything, man, it's like you make plays studying film. Believe what you see is what he would always say. I'm like, all right, I'll believe what I see. So all of these like anyway, Yeah, it's like for.
Speaker 4: All the kids out there listening, make sure you understand your install first, know what to do, know how to do it. But no, that is it's just cool like hearing those stories. Like I remember I got to play with Ryan Clark in his last year when he was in Washington and I was starting to come into the hull and get some play and everything else, and Ryan at practice like he was somebody that was such a student of the game. And you'd be out a practice and you know how it is. It's like you want to be a situational master and like whatever down in distance it was, you'd hear Ryan back their chirp and like, how pivotal was it. I'm sure that's what made your defense great. Everybody having that level of standard of kind of knowing every situation, know how to talk about it. But as the huddle breaks, as the formations coming out, emotion happening. But how beneficial was it to have like a back end like that and somebody needs you, like Ryan.
Speaker 1: Clark, it's everything, it's I meant, it's absolutely everything. And it may not be like that in every organization, but it's everything to me and everything to our defense because the level of trust and exposure that we would consistently put each other in is you know, it takes a lot of that takes a lot of like cohesiveness to do that. I meant, when we do some of this manipulation on the back end, you have to understand you're completely exposing somebody else. Oftentimes that was Ike, you know, like hey, Ike, we're doing this over here. Sorry, you're man a man Cover zero with their chat o Cho Sinkle or Brandon Marshall.
Speaker 9: You know, So we were.
Speaker 1: Always like we that was the only reason why we were allowed to do what we do is because you know, Ryan's communicating Ike cornerback Brian McFadden there cover zero oftentimes where you know, we want to do some cowboy type stuff, but they they hold their own. They're the reason why we were, you know, as successful as we were.
Speaker 6: Man, Mike Tomlin, just I had the opportunity he coached me at the Pro Bowl in twenty sixteen, and just being around him and his presence was very like Dick Lebo esque. Yeah, just more of a calming, more like positive and confident. Can you just like elaborate on him and his legacy as a Steelers head coach?
Speaker 1: Man, I really enjoyed his podcast with Ryan. Ryan Clark did a podcast with him, and I was just like, man, I'm so happy people get to see Coach Tomlin like like who he really is, because he's he's not he That's who he is. That's who he is as a coach, you know what I mean, Like I guess I guess maybe like press conference, like it's like the He's like the Bill Belichick and the press conference, you know, like completely the opposite. But man, it was really cool to see that level of who he is because when I mean he was thirty four when I when he came to coach the Steelers. I mean, it's it's amazing that he was that young. And aside from that that he had a family and had young children. So like these kids that grew up in the locker room now that you like kind of see him. So I don't know's he's an amazing father, Uh coach. I meant later in my career he would we would have DV sessions. I learned so much from him about protection routes, based on protections and all these different things. So he's incredible. Actually, it's so fortunate to have him. Coach Kaward Dick Lebow. That's why that's why I say humbly, but I say in all sincerity, Man, you put anybody in my position. Man, these guys are you can't do nothing but be a Hall of Famer. To be very frank with you, how was it that I know? And we're getting the wrap up signal?
Speaker 4: But I have to ask, like, how sick is it knowing that you pulled off all those line of scrimmage plays? I mean getting to watch back like diving over the line of scrimmage, timing up snaps like that's pretty bad because if it didn't work, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny is it didn't work sometimes? But you know, it goes back to the out liar's thing. What I realized is that a safety needs to see everything, and that means like not only the formation, not only the personnel, but like how they break the huddle and you know this, you know the difference between zero, silent count or on two and the urgency that offensive lineman comes to you.
Speaker 9: I say, like this, it's all on zero.
Speaker 1: Man, They're gonna get up there and then they get ready or if you know, these sort of sort of game situations. So the funny thing about it is that's where I started to develop this because I was like, man, everybody breaks the line very differently. When offensive line they come it's on two, they break with different sense of urgency than when it's quick snap or silent count. And when you start to see that, you also see it when they run back to the huddle. So I would always tell people watch the full length of the play, as in, like how long the call it takes to make the call, how long it takes for them to run to the line, and all these things mean something. So the funny thing is when it started to happen. I say started happened is I was just reacting. I had never thought about it. I was just like, oh, jumping, and then to doing it, I'm like, oh man, oh wow, that worked. It wasn't until I was like, okay, is this game situation? Oh you gotta you gotta jump it. And then that's when I would actually jump off side. So I started to really understand how I was as an athlete that I'm like, okay, you have to overly prepare so that you can just be instinctial and be free rather than like be a student out there that's always like you know what I mean, I really just had to go out.
Speaker 4: There and be free.
Speaker 1: So when I did jump, you know, and blitz and do those sort of things, man, it was, I swear to you, pure instinct. It was just like afterwards I make it plain like, oh man, it was like it was a crazy ride, but it wasn't when I was thinking that's when I would jump offside and do it wrongly.
Speaker 4: So it was funny.
Speaker 9: Well, I know we got to leave one one one last, This is it?
Speaker 4: This is it right now?
Speaker 6: Like as you as you became more famous and more established as a player and all that, Like the hair was always a thing that people like, that's how we know it's Troy Paul Ballo. Did it ever get to the point for you were like, I literally can't change his look up ever, because this is this is.
Speaker 9: Me now, I'm a mustache guy. Are you saying you can never says to me this is my identity.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 6: I love it so much, but there's got to be a point where're like, you know, maybe you wake up and you have a little bed head.
Speaker 9: You're like, man, it'd be so much easier if I just kind of bicked it and let it run a little bit.
Speaker 1: A better way to put it is it was always part of my identity before, So it wasn't like it's something that had to hold on to. So it was more or less like it was always my identity before I even had it, And it was like it was a specific identity. You know, like my my mother in law, who is a classic as a classicist, very Greek classicist, what always say all the greatest warriors through all time had long hair. You know, you talked about Samurais, Native Americans, the ancient Hebrews to you know, all of them Polynesians, they all had long hair. So I was like, oh, okay, I like that. I probably they probably had mustaches too, though probably long as as well.
Speaker 4: Thanks so much, man, This is awesome. This is awesome. Man, It's it's been great having you. Make sure to subscribe, comment, Thank you, thank you, Yeah.