Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you. Thank you for listening to us.
Speaker 2: Ryan Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, shoot, I forgot to use the restaurant before we start one or two point seven.
Speaker 2: That's the worst.
Speaker 1: Everybody you should know.
Speaker 3: I already disappears like seconds before this show begins to finish that, so I don't have to do it in the middle of it, and I failed. So Hi, good morning, good to see you, guys. We're Thursday, November sixteenth, Today's National Fast Food Day. We've all talked about our favorite fast food establishments before one week from Thanksgiving. So I was reading something about Thanksgiving that came into my feed click click click California, New York. So this is about Thanksgiving pie preferences broken in my state.
Speaker 1: Okay, why what's wrong.
Speaker 4: So funny that you say that because I am getting some pies today?
Speaker 3: Well, then the timing is perfect hilary for California, New York. There is I'm it's hysterical.
Speaker 4: Last not a pie eater. So this is very random that you're.
Speaker 1: Saying, are you getting pies?
Speaker 4: Because two of Robbie's best friends are inviting us over to celebrate our engagement and they and we're bringing pies, but we're bringing.
Speaker 1: You're having a hard time answering this question. What's really going on.
Speaker 4: We're bringing an oreo pie and a s'mores pie.
Speaker 2: But why are you bringing pies if you're not a pie person?
Speaker 4: Because it's like Thanksgiving season. It feels cute.
Speaker 1: Cute anyway.
Speaker 3: So California and New York are their favorite is pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie in Georgia, sweet potato pie. Florida's key lime pie for Thanksgiving. Arkansas, Indiana peanut butter pie, peanut butter pie.
Speaker 1: Where you getting the oreo pie? That sounds great?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: They are vegan and gluten free, thank you very much. It's called Winston and it's on Third Street by Jones.
Speaker 3: Sounds really good. Feel free to get a few extra pie. I'm not a pie person either, I know, I'm like an unconventional pie guy. Yes, I have a cheesecake. I'm not a cheesecake guy either, but cheese cake factory cheese.
Speaker 4: There's a peanut butter pie. There's a peanut butter pie too.
Speaker 3: So in Kansas their favorite pie is a Freedo chili pie.
Speaker 1: What I might like that? Oh yeah, it is, but it's a savory pie.
Speaker 4: Kind of like a chili billy.
Speaker 2: I'll have a bite.
Speaker 1: Do you do a pecan? Or a pecan or a what do you do?
Speaker 5: Sis?
Speaker 2: That's what we do. That's my go to if I was going to pick out a pie, because there's all they're always there, they're always available.
Speaker 3: I eat the pie crust forward, so start with the back and eat to the point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would never do that.
Speaker 1: It's the best stuff. You want to get the best stuff first.
Speaker 2: I want to have. I want to save. I want to save that for the end.
Speaker 3: I don't want to eat the whole piece, so or rather eat the back, the trunk of the piece for it and stop halfway through Seisney, What is this that's bothering you?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 2: It's okay, so I guess it is bothering me. The other day I was in the conversation with one of my friends and we were talking about the Britney Spears book and I was like, oh, I just read it, and she read it as well. She read a hard copy, like actually bought the book of it. And I was like, well, I listened to it on audible. She's like, well, that's not reading the book. I was like, yes, it is.
Speaker 1: I finished it.
Speaker 2: I got all of the info from it that you did by reading it. But the only difference is that I had Michelle Williams Arry, I.
Speaker 1: Say, you read the book, well, I read.
Speaker 2: I read the book. But then I sometimes we'll yes, listen to it on.
Speaker 3: Audible, like reading the book, it's not what it's what it's I listened to that on audio whatever.
Speaker 4: It's the same thing.
Speaker 2: I will say, listen. But then but then even so she's saying that it's not considered reading.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 3: But she's bragging about her reading. And she's one of those people that's prove that they're smarter than we are. I'll just admit I'm not that smart when it comes to reading, Like I have to read sentences twice. It takes me forever to finish a book. I carry the same one around like for months.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: And but if you do listen to a book, I do think you say that you listen to it versus read it, or you're trying to be something you're not.
Speaker 1: You know, but let's just call who we are who we are.
Speaker 2: But she's also saying that you get more out of it if you actually read it versus listening.
Speaker 3: That person to be totally yeah, what books are you reading? What books are you reading right now?
Speaker 4: So you didn't hand write your card And she's.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, you're when you're listening to it, you're distracted, you're driving or doing this. You're not really like she's imagine, well, yes, I am. I totally imagined the whole thing. I was picturing her like in Louisiana and like actually up as a kid, and how troubled her life was and this and that.
Speaker 4: I think you're smarter when you're listening to it because you're multitasking, so it's like you're cramming in more things into your day.
Speaker 3: But just admit you listen to it. It's like, if you took an uber, do you say you drove there?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true what you say you drove there?
Speaker 3: If you so, if you meet me for lunch and I say, oh, how is it, dravy, you go, well, I drove here quickly. No, you took an uber. You don't lie about taking an uber or driving, so don't I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like, hey, if you needed to have a conversation with me and you text me, do you say you talk to me or you text me?
Speaker 1: That one confuses me.
Speaker 4: I said I talk to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I sometimes I like to say we talked, So I cheat on that one a little bit. There's a another way of saying, I was, I was, I touched base with, I was in touch with I touched base and she was saying, and she was saying, or she was telling me.
Speaker 1: There are ways around that. One.
Speaker 3: Tell your friend that needs to prove that they read the book. Good for you, like good for you to have all that time.
Speaker 4: Also, I fall asleep when I read, so it's like, well.
Speaker 1: That's good news.
Speaker 2: Well I'll read a page and I won't know what I read.
Speaker 3: I got this great new book. It's like a thousand pages called Basic Economics.
Speaker 4: Karen Oka Michael writ in that book.
Speaker 3: Wait let me answer this press conference. Yes, Siny Michael read that book. Okay, great, Well tell him I'm carrying around haven't opened yet, And Tanya.
Speaker 4: Is it white and green the cover?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Great, I'm now.
Speaker 4: Because I feel like Robbie's been holding that around for a while too.
Speaker 2: There's nothing worse than going on vacation and bringing this big book with you and being like, oh, I'm going to read this, and then you didn't read it once on vacation and you lugged it around.
Speaker 3: We take your space in your luggage for a big hard back book that you never opened. But before you go, you're like, you know what, We're gonna have so much time to do, nothing to read.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: I never do read.
Speaker 3: And you know, I see people around the pool that just read makes me feel bad because I'm at the bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I can't fuck it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you know what, they're they're better people than I am, because I would, like Margarita, what I want to do, keep a hardback book every single morning out there ten am with their book. After they save their space with their chaise lungs, throw that book down to save their chaise lounge.
Speaker 4: You know, I think that you could really get into cards.
Speaker 1: Like playing cards. Yeah, how do you know?
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I could just see you, like playing like Rummy by the pool with like a drink in your hand, because it's like, do.
Speaker 1: You play Rummy? Yes, you played gin Rummy.
Speaker 4: It's not we played Serbian Rummy, but U versus Serbian. I don't know. I don't know the rules for gin, so I just taught Robbie is Serbian rummy. But we play at every vacation that we go on, and it's like so fun because you're doing something.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, backcammon, I don't like guy I ever played that game? Is that that the ball with the net thing attached to it? No, that's.
Speaker 1: That gammut is in that little box. Oh with that little Yeah, we move the little coins around.
Speaker 2: So impressed it like you figure out.
Speaker 3: Everything our net and our little birdies in our rackets. If you're hosting Thanksgiving this year, I was just talking to who was hosting twenty people? Somebody I ran into, I don't know, someone somewhere. They're telling me they're hosting for twenty people. I said, that sounds like a lot of work. Twenty people's a lot.
Speaker 1: Oh we're at forty you're forty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're about thirty.
Speaker 3: We're having four, four people Thanksgiving because everyone's going different directions.
Speaker 1: We have four people.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm not hosting. My sister's hosting. But we're at forty people.
Speaker 1: Forty people's a lot anyway.
Speaker 3: A new study says two thirds of people prefer the side dishes to the main entreent and Thanksgiving. We established that, yep, these are the three most popular side dishes in case you want to bring one of these. One, mashed potatoes have a secret recipe. You gotta have a special recipe, something makes them special. Two stuffing. People love stuffing. I like cornbread stuffing.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't think I've tried cornbread stuffing.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a Southern thing. It's really good, delicious. And the other thing. Top three sides. Mac and cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my brother in law makes a good mac and cheese.
Speaker 1: But do you do a signature mac and cheese?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does a signature one. It's like his own recipe.
Speaker 3: You can tell cheese mac and cheese crunchy on the top exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Mashed potatoes pass stuffing since last year to become number one. Sweet potatoes, green bean castroll four and five. There you go if you want to have a popular side for your Thanksgiving meal. Today's quote when life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. When life is bitter, say thank you and grow.
Speaker 1: Just FM headlines.
Speaker 2: Well, we experienced the first bit of this storm system yesterday all over the south Land and it'll continue to bring rain fall throughout the weekend. Some light break from the wet weather today, but scattered showers. O're going to persist with that rainfall back up tomorrow and continue Saturday, possibly through Sunday as well. Thousands of workers at more than two hundred US Starbucks stores plan to walk off the job today in what organizers say is the largest strike yet in the two year old effort to unionize the company's stores. The Workers United Union chose Starbucks's annual Red Cub Day to stage the walkout since it's usually one of the busiest days of the year. The union said it was expecting more than five thousand workers to take part in its Red Cup rebellion. Around thirty stores also stage walkouts yesterday. The City of Riverside will usher in the holiday season this weekend with the Switch On Ceremony for the thirty first annual Festival of Lights. The Switch On Ceremony kicks off the popular attraction with free fireworks, show, live performances, family friendly activities, and plenty of holiday year. The ceremony will take place at Orange Street and Mission Inn Avenue, right outside the Mission in Hotel and Spa at five pm on Saturday.
Speaker 1: On air with Ryan Seacrest. Ryan Seacrest with you, Sistney and Tanya.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to us on this Thursday, one week away from Thanksgiving. Paying your bills today all day long and again tomorrow all day long, plus tomorrow's upfront Friday for those Jingle Bowl tickets. Okay, we're commercial free this entire hour, Systey. You'll tell you more about that in a few but first, let's say hello to one and let's play password. Hello one, Here are you in Palmdale this morning? One?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm at Burbank this morning. I live in Palmdale.
Speaker 1: So did you start in Palmdale make your way to Burbank?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 1: How long did that take you?
Speaker 6: A fifty minutes?
Speaker 1: Got you?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to us.
Speaker 3: While you commute, brother, we're going to play password for Disneyland tickets.
Speaker 6: You ready, I have been. I haven't heard of this game, but.
Speaker 3: Yet you don't. I'll explain it to you. It's not that difficult. Actually, it's one of our easier things here. But want tell me about yourself? What do I need to know about you?
Speaker 6: Well? I got five kids, I have wine, and I work in Burbank.
Speaker 1: All right, what do you do for work.
Speaker 6: It's an arrow space company.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Well I don't know what's ask about that? So let's play password. Here's how we play. Uh, those of us in the room one, okay, those of us here and the listeners listening are gonna know the password.
Speaker 1: They will know it, but you will not know it.
Speaker 3: Our job one is to get you to say the password by using one word clues.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So for example, if it were let's see, what's what's a good example glasses? Okay, If the password were glasses, I might say son and then time will go classes.
Speaker 1: You see. Does that make sense?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll help you along. Here we go. Okay, I'm gonna put you on hold so you don't hear the password, and here we go. One. The password is gravy. Okay.
Speaker 7: One.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows, but you. Here we go.
Speaker 3: We're gonna start with our panel, sisity turkey. If you have any guests there, anything come to mind, any word gravy on one, that's correct.
Speaker 1: Just one. One. You never played this game before. One You just won in one round.
Speaker 3: One word.
Speaker 6: Oh it was lucky.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 3: You were intuitive. That's what you work. Congratulations you're going to Disneyland one.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you.
Speaker 3: Buddy, thank you for listening to us. Good job, let's play again. I'll put okay, okay, I'll.
Speaker 4: Go away by bye bye.
Speaker 1: The password is career.
Speaker 3: Tell me when okay, all right, go ahead, So who starts? Sistany working working working.
Speaker 1: Passed? Tanya Host?
Speaker 2: Okay, Ruby, job are you gonna guess?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: These are terrible clues.
Speaker 2: You can't guess with any of these nobs.
Speaker 1: Well, I was gonna say job, I'm gonna think.
Speaker 3: DJ kiss us we myheart radio. Okay, this is born for everybody listening.
Speaker 4: A hard one.
Speaker 1: Okay, I give up. What is it?
Speaker 2: Career?
Speaker 1: Okay? That was awful.
Speaker 3: I'm glad one one in one tunny. You don't know about this. I just happened to see a little bit about it. But I'm not quite sure how it all came together. They're saying that people are doing a lot more of and that is spading, right, It's an act, It's an action.
Speaker 1: It's a verb spaving. Do you spave? Do you cuddle?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: But do you spave?
Speaker 2: She might spave.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering if you so you do cuddle? What is spooning?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: May interesting because like spooning and cuddling are based on the same thing.
Speaker 1: What's the difference in a cuddle in a spoon?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Well, you can cuddle a bunch of different ways, but you can only spoon one way.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, So like, so a spoon is a cuddle, but a cuddle could be more than a spoon, right, But save has nothing to do with that, OA, Like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know nothing spoon my kids per se.
Speaker 1: But you spave.
Speaker 2: Oh I spave, and I need to be better at not spaving.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what is spaving?
Speaker 4: Somebody help me?
Speaker 2: Is the act of spending money to save money. When you think about that, are you really saving money?
Speaker 3: So by spending, meaning like if you buy, it's like the deals where you could you buy one, get one, buy two, get one.
Speaker 2: Right, you see something on sale, Oh my gosh, Well this sweater was only ten dollars, so I.
Speaker 1: Don't really love it.
Speaker 2: But boy, we saved money exactly. But that's still ten dollars coming out of your bank account. So were you really saving or should you just not bought the sweater to begin with?
Speaker 1: But you feel so good if you spaved, don't you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Really do it's it's weird. Enjoy that like you get released from your body. Spavers can't resist a good sale. I am right there with all spavers.
Speaker 3: The thing is, if you go back and you look at your numbers because you spave, did you end up spending more In the long run, you might have gotten more right inventory, end up spending more dollars for that inventory.
Speaker 2: And when I come home to a finance guy like Michael, and I tell him, oh my gosh, look at this new jacket I got. But the original price was this, and I got.
Speaker 1: It for this, And let me play the role of your husband, why do you need that?
Speaker 2: Well, because it was so cheap.
Speaker 1: But what about this blue one? Here?
Speaker 2: Look how much I'm saving because the original price was this. And look how much I saved because I got it on sale for this amount. It was only fifteen dollars.
Speaker 4: My girlfriend does this all the time, Like she got she has a coffee maker, she doesn't need a new one, and she's like, but it's on sale. I've never seen it this low before, so she like bought a new one, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Hobby maker's break. I break them all the time.
Speaker 4: Was not broken so much it.
Speaker 3: Will break to go. I mean, you don't want to go a morning without your coffee machine working. I've been there, You've actually lived through it with me.
Speaker 1: It's not fun.
Speaker 2: Another spaving trap that you can see is when they offer free shipping online. If you spend up to fifty dollars or up to one hundred dollars and you're right around sixty.
Speaker 3: Five, or you would have bought one thing and paid for shipping and had been much less exactly what.
Speaker 2: They're like, well, maybe I'll just buy a few more things. Now you're searching online. Should I get some status like I don't even you know exactly like that always happens to me. So I don't know what the what, But the moral here is like just buy, wait to buy something full price when you actually really need it.
Speaker 3: Let's just be aware. I think it's about it. It's an awareness campaign, exactly. It is time for Ryan's Roses. That's one or two point seventy Kiss FM.
Speaker 1: We are in it.
Speaker 3: Right now with Crystal. So Crystal, tell us a little bit about your husband chatting with someone on his laptop and what's bothering you?
Speaker 8: Okay, So my husband he's got an office right off the kitchen, so it's very close to where I am all the time, and when I'm there, I can hear him working away like and he just types like crazy all day long, type type type, type type, And whenever I go in to ask him something, there's like three words on the screen and it doesn't add up in my head. And this has happened many, many times. And then one day he didn't know I was in the kitchen and in he was in his office typing away and I burst into the room, said hi, and he quickly minimized whatever he was doing and it was just off the screen, and he said it was and I asked him to show me. He said he already closed the window and acted all embarrassed. And honestly, it wouldn't be that big of a deal if he was looking up at four o'clock on a Tuesday afternoon, but I don't think he was. I just get this sense that he's.
Speaker 1: Lying, and what you did, the sense he's doing.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 8: I think he's chatting with another woman, but only on his laptop because it's locked with a password.
Speaker 5: He's the only one who ever uses it.
Speaker 8: And I checked on his phone and can't find any evidence there so I think he's using his laptop to talk with someone else.
Speaker 3: Did you ever have a question about his loyalty in the past. Is this a new thing, a new feeling?
Speaker 8: It is new.
Speaker 5: And the reason I'm so even more suspicious is he's been like happier and chipper lately and it's really bothering me, Like it's just not how he normally is. And I've never really had any suspicions in the past, but now I do.
Speaker 2: I mean, is it possible he's purchasing something for you for the holidays or trying to plan a sweet surprise?
Speaker 5: I mean, that's a nice idea. I mean, I've thought of that. My birthday is in May and our anniversary is in July, so that doesn't make any sense. I mean the holidays maybe, but she's never really been that good at holiday gift giving.
Speaker 1: Before you know, Crystal's on the line.
Speaker 3: She's concerned that her husband's on his laptop communicating with another woman. She just feels it. You know, he's saying it was something else. Four pm on a Tuesday. He says, look at some other things.
Speaker 2: It's crazy that he said that too, that he said that he was looking at adult type sits.
Speaker 4: Well, well maybe he thinks that would.
Speaker 1: Just yet did stop asking?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would be like why?
Speaker 1: But she what about five pm on a Tuesday?
Speaker 2: Still again not great?
Speaker 3: So she was not believing it though. That's the thing, like, it didn't help. So Crystal, I need you to say Ryan, you my permission to call, and then your husband's name on Kiss FM.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, okay, friend, you have my permission to call.
Speaker 3: Where to do that right now? Be very quiet, Let's see what we can find out. Okay, hang on, here we go.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hello, Hi, can I speak to Josh please?
Speaker 6: This is Josh.
Speaker 2: Hi Josh. My name is Rosie. I'm calling from Unique Flowers. How are you doing this morning?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 6: This is really weird.
Speaker 2: How are you doing? Are you good?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just you know, I was thinking about picking up.
Speaker 5: Some flowers today and now you called.
Speaker 2: Well this is great. Actually, we deliver in Alhambra and surrounding areas and just trying to promote our business and offering a promotion for local residents. It's a free dozen red roses that you can send to anybody that you like. Is that something you'd be interested in?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: This is quite the promotion. So it's free roses, not like a buy one, get one free thing.
Speaker 2: This one's free. Hopefully. If you like our arrangements, you come back as a customer, a paying customer one day. But we did this about once a month.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, this is great, Sure, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Who would you like to send them to?
Speaker 6: Can you send them to Sonny?
Speaker 7: S U N N Y.
Speaker 2: Great? And what would you like to put on the card?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Okay, just put see you soon and then my first initial.
Speaker 2: Jay see you soon Jay? And is this like a I have like a bunch of different types of cards, birthdays, anniversaries, I love you around the border hearts? Is it a romantic cardship? But like some hearts around the border?
Speaker 5: Yeah, some hearts sounds good. That sounds like a nice touch. Thank you great.
Speaker 1: Josh.
Speaker 3: Your voice is being broadcast on the radio right now, and I have your wife Crystal on the line. Josh, could you explain to us who Sonny is? I think your wife would like to know.
Speaker 5: Well, I really would rather not even right now.
Speaker 3: Sounds very strange your response here, Josh, who are you sending roses to named Sonny? Why are you seeing her soon? Just explain it, Josh, it's your moment, Josh, Josh.
Speaker 1: This is your husband? Is this your husband, Cristal? Yes, okay, Josh, and this is very simple. Yes, go ahead, Crystal, listen, I.
Speaker 8: Do not I.
Speaker 5: Oh, now you can't talk. Sonny is our son's piano teacher.
Speaker 3: Let's just get to this, okay, Josh, you're sending roses to your son's piano teacher. Your wife told us you're talking to somebody on the computer. Can you just tell her now instead of making this worse?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 6: I'm not I'm not going to talk about this on the radio.
Speaker 3: Well, Josh, by not talking about it pretty much says it all. So thank you very much.
Speaker 2: M hmmm hung up?
Speaker 1: Crystal are you there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So so Sonny teaches piano to your kid? Yeah, okay, Well look here's the thing. Uh, I think you now know what's going on. Clearly is something and you know who it is. You know where to find her. Anybody have a lesson coming up soon?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Today, he's looking forward to.
Speaker 1: He said, seeing her soon.
Speaker 3: So if he was supposed to take your child to the lesson, I think you need to get involved.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, Crystal, good luck with this.
Speaker 3: Sorry about that, thank you. Not much to say there, that's clearly who Josh was talking to. Yeah, and he sent the flowers with that, see you soon, Jay, And didn't you ask were they romantic?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 2: Team wanted the hearts around the border.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: So the gist of Crystal and Josh, right, they're married in Nahambra. She catches him on the computer talking to somebody. She didn't believe his excuse, which was right, she shouldn't have. Her intuition was correct on this. I'm pretty strong, and so we called Josh and he just italy like so merrit fully, like happily, gleefully sends the roses to a woman named Sonny, who is their kid's piano teacher.
Speaker 1: Right, not great, So I'm gonna put some chapstick right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't we all need the chapstick these days?
Speaker 1: Dry?
Speaker 3: I found myself as soon as I explained that pulling out my chaps out a habit because my lips.
Speaker 1: Are dry right now?
Speaker 2: Really chapped your lips.
Speaker 3: Amelia, This is watermelon flavor. Bird spees think that it tastes really good. It tastes like a starburst. But yeah, the calories can smell it.
Speaker 1: Amelia, good morning, How are you?
Speaker 5: Good morning? I'm discussed honestly, but I.
Speaker 3: Mean what discussed you the most? This guy is I guess that it's the child's piano teacher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is pretty raw.
Speaker 5: The whole of it's wrong. I mean, this is why I'm divorced. Guys can't be trusted.
Speaker 1: My arms used to do this and some stations.
Speaker 5: Well, in my experience and in this lady's experience, and I think in a lot of women's experience. My ex he would flirt with everybody, trainers, cashiers, a girl who's cut his hair, and I thought it was harmless. Really, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But what he was waiting for was for someone to actually respond, like in this circumstance, the piano teacher, I guess responded. And it looks like this guy can't be faithful. So I think she's better off without him.
Speaker 3: I think you're right there. I mean, if she can get through the heart ache here, which she will definitely better off without this guy. And how are you doing so, Melia, you go through all of that with your ex, how do you heal that wound for your future relationships?
Speaker 5: I don't. I guess I'm not thinking of a future relationship, to be honest, but you can't.
Speaker 3: I don't have that guy ruin it for the rest of your life and not be in a loving relationship. I don't think it's fair to yourself.
Speaker 5: Maybe not. Then I guess I haven't worked it.
Speaker 1: How recently did you guys break up?
Speaker 5: It was two years ago.
Speaker 1: You still haven't gotten passed it?
Speaker 5: Huh. I think I have some I have issues with trust, you know.
Speaker 1: As as anybody would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then you're going to meet the right guy, and I feel like a lot of those issues are going to go away because he will make you feel so secure.
Speaker 1: She's got to be ready to let them go away before they go away, that's true.
Speaker 5: I don't know I'm quite ready for that yet.
Speaker 1: That's okay, I understand that.
Speaker 2: Thank you for calling it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you, that was nice.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to It's okay.
Speaker 7: You take care, Okay, I love you too.
Speaker 2: Sessions for everybody.
Speaker 3: Hey, everybody's got some issues. Right for the rest of her life, she can't write, or she's never going to feel what she deserves to feel.
Speaker 2: Is just my yes, because at the beginning of that phone call. She's very angry towards all men.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I think we got to the it's really upset with you.
Speaker 3: I felt, I don't know, just something about it made me feel like she was pointing that at you are with Ryan Seacrest. All right, So Taylor Lautner did not marry Taylor Latner. Taylor Lautner married Taylor Dome Dome and now they're Taylor's Lautner.
Speaker 4: They are Taylor's Laughner and think cute story. It's so cute.
Speaker 1: And Taylor Laughner famous from Famous.
Speaker 4: From Twilight, and he was Jacob Black and he and Taylor his wife. They had their one year wedding anniversary and they celebrated it by having a gala for the Lemon's Foundation. And actually I attended it. It was Sunday night, and the Lemon's Foundation is it's to advocate for people that are struggling with mental health. It's a really amazing foundation. But on the carpet, they were talking about the biggest lesson that they learned in their first year of marriage, and that is that communication is key. So everybody says this, we know it, but the two of them communicate very differently. So Taylor girl Taylor said, when we do get in a conversation or disagreement, he knows that I go mute and I don't really speak. Boy Taylor said, it is frustrating because it's like I want to talk about everything right then and there and get it over with. And so I found those very interesting because I think that I'm also in a relationship that's very much like this. And I think that when you're newly in a relationship learning how your partner communicates, if they need time and space to process or if they want to handle it right then and there, I feel like finding that fine line where you both feel like you're being seen and heard is such a hard thing to do.
Speaker 1: Can I say something?
Speaker 3: Sisnany do you find I find it that there's never time or a good time to have any of these hear me communication conversation Never like it's never a good time, right. I feel like there's always something moving along or you know, with everybody's schedule, that it's hard to find a good time to have these conversations. Is not like any time an issue comes up, it's the perfect time to have a communication conversation.
Speaker 4: I know. But the thing is, if you don't have these conversations. That's how you build resentment.
Speaker 1: But I hope it goes away by morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes it does. Sometimes I just skip it.
Speaker 1: Right, and it's nice. I don't know, do I have the energy?
Speaker 2: You don't have the energy every single time, because sometimes it's happening as you're rushing or trying to get out the door for whatever reason, and you're already late, and that's probably why you're arguing, and.
Speaker 3: It's and you figure, if I take a deep breath and we go to sleep, maybe tomorrow things are better, the sun will come up.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they are, But.
Speaker 3: You don't want to build resentment. Resentment, it's a bad thing to build, Tony. I think that like you and a relationship would be like being with a life coach. In a relationship, like you would bring it out of Robbie.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I'm sure Robbie's a great communicator, but you probably have to more often than he say, let's just talk this down.
Speaker 4: Yes I am. I'm definitely the therapist in the relationship, but he also the way he thinks about things. Sometimes I'm just like God, I wish I wish I thought about things that way. Like I feel like my life would be so much easier if I let things roll off my back the way he does.
Speaker 2: Try it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the problem. I mean, like that doesn't sound so tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like let things go to the other side.
Speaker 3: If that doesn't sound so complicated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he goes. You know, as long as I know I did nothing wrong, the other people's feelings are their feelings. I don't have to like, I don't worry about that. And I'm like, wow, what a to live a life in those shoes.
Speaker 3: Let's try because having these conversations over and over again here and I don't want that resentment. Hello Stephanie, good morning.
Speaker 1: How are you doing. Are you in Glendale?
Speaker 2: I'm in Glendale.
Speaker 3: H thank you for listening in Glendale. What's going down? You're calling us about your boyfriend?
Speaker 1: I am what's up? How can we help listen in? Everybody?
Speaker 7: Okay, So me and my boyfriend we've been together for about three years now, and we also do live together. I want to start off by saying I really love him and I for him as much as I can, but right now we have a situation. So a few months ago he expressed that, you know, he was unhappy with work and asked if I would be willing to help him if if he were to quit, and I said, of course, of course, I care about his mental health and as well being. He was starting to lose hair, so it was becoming a bigger problem than we both could have anticipated for. And now it's been four months and he hasn't really been looking, and I've been paying all the bills, and I'm just not sure how to go about the situation anymore. I don't know if I should. I don't know how to tell him like he needs to start looking, or if I should just be patient with him until he figures out what his next move will be.
Speaker 2: Show him the receipts, show him the finances.
Speaker 7: Okay, but I have shown him he knows because we work on the finances together. But he hasn't, like, he hasn't really budge to do anything.
Speaker 1: So what does he do all day? Now?
Speaker 7: Well, he's been good about like taking care of the dogs and cleaning and going and running errands for us, so you know, he's taking on a little bit of a more traditional woman or all right, now, I would say, and he's been great. I mean, I think he's just getting too comfortable, And I don't know how to push him without him thinking I'm not being supportive or understanding of a situation right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's so tough.
Speaker 3: There's got to be a way to do it. There's got to be a way to acknowledge both sides of this.
Speaker 4: Well, I think there's also a way to do it without like what you're saying making him feel a certain type of way. Maybe saying that you can help him look for things. Let's plan a time in a day to look for jobs for you and just kind of help him organize.
Speaker 2: Right, Or if you have a friend who knows a recruiter or anything along those lines, but you pressuring him to get a job that he doesn't like or is happy with, then he's going to have sent men towards you.
Speaker 1: That's all bad.
Speaker 3: So I like Tanya's idea of encouraging some segmented, full court press for looking for that kind of a job that would work for him, and you sort of being supportive with that search.
Speaker 1: Do you think.
Speaker 7: I to get something we can do together, Well, definitely try that route. It's just it's just he's also been just everywhere. He doesn't he doesn't know if he wants to go back to what he was doing, and he's considering going to school, and so there's a lot of.
Speaker 1: That's all okay, it's all okay.
Speaker 3: It's just sort of got to narrow it down to what needs to happen and what can happen in these next few weeks.
Speaker 2: But you also need to be honest with him, Stephanie. You need to tell him that you're you're struggling with the finances right now. You're like, I'm carrying the load and it's becoming a burden and it's really tough on me, and I really need your other half or your support or your help with this. And if he sees that, you know, frustration in you sort of speak hopefully kind of like lights some fire under.
Speaker 7: Him, you know, hopefully, I really hope that. You know, he's a sensitive guy, so I just don't I don't want to step on his toes too much, or.
Speaker 3: But don't worry so much about that. You can't worry so much about that. You've got to like, yes, you want to finesse some timing here, but you do have to have a nice dose of honesty with thoughtfulness.
Speaker 2: In this cost in four months.
Speaker 1: Come on, Yeah, all right, good luck to you. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: It's hard when you want to tell your partner something that's tough and that is sensitive, it's hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's so much easier for us.
Speaker 1: To say to her to go do it than for us to actually do it.
Speaker 4: Because you want your partner to be self motivated, you know what I mean, Like you want them to get up and do it and have a mission and have a plan. And so when that, when you don't see that, I feel like it can be frustrating.
Speaker 3: Right, So that's the situation she's in. I think it's time. All right, take a deep breath. If you're in your car by yourself, it's a mindful minute.
Speaker 1: Have it, Enjoy it.
Speaker 6: This is it.
Speaker 3: Healthy morning routine is critical, right for setting your day up for success. Doesn't always happen, may never happen, but thinking about it, just knowing it should happen, is a good step. So experts say to challenge yourself to eliminate tech from your first minutes. Ugh, I some days I don't grab my phone within I do within minutes, but I don't grab it immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I take it to the potty.
Speaker 2: Isn't that pretty? Immediately after you wake up? No, that's real immediate.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: What do you hold your pee for? Like ten?
Speaker 3: I've gone within two hours of when I wake up. Usually try to keep your phone out of the bedroom. I know that no chance, Like what if someone takes it, like we're outside of the room, make it.
Speaker 1: A dog might take I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have it on.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's far away side of the lamp on my night standing and think it's far away. You're crushing it anyway, That's what they say. Everything on your phone will still be there when you decide to pick it up. Make your bedroom a sanctuary for rest and sleep. That's impossible with our job.
Speaker 4: Do you know what's not possible? Oh wait no, no, the word impossible literally is spelled I'm possible, so nothing is impossible.
Speaker 1: And confidence is spelled Con. I got con artist.
Speaker 3: It's with Con, doesn't it on air with Ryan? If you were to say to me, Ryan and I love to cook, but not under pressure. I love to cook, but not for people. I love to cook. You know, I'm not good at cooking for a group. I'm not I get to I feel too much pressure cooking for a group of people. I can do it for myself. And one other person slowly.
Speaker 1: I love it. That's sport to me.
Speaker 3: It's fun to me leisurely, But for twenty people and for Thanksgiving, it's not my I'm just not good at it.
Speaker 2: And there's never enough time.
Speaker 3: But make time by ordering takeout, and don't feel bad about it, right, don't.
Speaker 2: And hide the containers and put them in your own dishes, you know, fine.
Speaker 3: Tell everybody this is takeout, take it or leave it. Happy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: Don't understand people that make their whole Thanksgiving dinner. I'm like, what order? How many stoves and ovens do you?
Speaker 2: Our parents did it? We grew up on that.
Speaker 4: No, my parents made like three things for Thanksgiving, and our.
Speaker 1: Parents did do it.
Speaker 2: I'm just not our parents with one oven.
Speaker 1: Ruby. Sorry, we're bickering here in front of the same way.
Speaker 9: Though I don't like I like to cook for like six people.
Speaker 1: Max. Yes, that's my cutoff.
Speaker 2: Max.
Speaker 3: All right, So how did you come up with this list of the best at a spots for Thanksgiving takeout?
Speaker 9: It's hard because we do have a lot of options, but I just had to narrow it down to these three.
Speaker 3: I think the message is, don't feel bad about takeout in these times, yes, out right, don't alleviate. Let's have a mindful moment, alleviate the things that stress you out that you can't alleviate and preparing this stuff for everybody, this can happen.
Speaker 1: Sorry, what's on the list?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 9: The first one is Little Doms, of course, a classic Italian place on Hillhurst. They offer their famous deep fried turkey. So if you don't want to do the turkey, which a lot of times is the hardest, right cooking the turkey, they have a really great option.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe get the turkey and do the sides, yes, exactly, so much easier.
Speaker 9: But they also have really good sides, Brussels sprouts with applewood bacon.
Speaker 1: Little Doms makes it better than we.
Speaker 2: Do, Yes they do.
Speaker 9: They do definitely fennel sausage and mushroom stuffing, garnet yampuree would oven roasted heirloom carrots, which I love, and of course they're brown butter pumpkin pie a good a good holiday.
Speaker 1: Staple, and these are la takeouts for thanks having. What else?
Speaker 9: The second spot is Italy in Century City. So we've all been to this, you know, multi level Italian marketplace at the Century City Mall. They have roasted turkey breasts with fennel pollen, sea salt rub, pushetta stuffing with ficasha, baked with pumpkin ravioli. Yes, and Mark is a mouscarpone, whipped potatoes, broccoli, big butternut squash.
Speaker 2: So they have a lot of good side dish.
Speaker 1: Options there, okay. And finally the.
Speaker 9: Last one would be a Holy Basil in downtown La. So this is good if you want like a different, non traditional option.
Speaker 2: If you want to spice it up a.
Speaker 9: Bit, they have a curried local rock crab, river prawns, mussels, squid, crispy pork, belly, jadori chicken, and they also have of course market salad and rice options as well.
Speaker 1: But yeah, don't be ashamed to take it out for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: It's funny. I was talking to my mother. I'm having my mom and dad, so Meredith's got to go somewhere. It's going to be very small Thanksgiving for us four of us, and I'm going to have my mom and dad for Thanksgiving dinner. And I said to Mom, you know what, let's make it really fun. Let's go back to when we were growing up, and let's make some of the things ourselves, like the oyster Castle role and the green Bean Castle role, and do all the things that we used to do.
Speaker 1: Silence, and she's like, nah, silence. She's like I did that. I don't really. She's like, you can do that. Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, it's fun for all of us. She's like, I did that for you guys for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a great idea.
Speaker 3: I was so excited. I don't know if I'm gonna do that. I like Ruby's idea.
Speaker 2: Actually has the great options as well too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't be ashamed to take it out. Thanks for listening So on Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe, and we'll talk to you again tomorrow.