Speaker 1: The egos get involved in terms of why this series is about co headlining, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna speak to SWB.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like it's anything about egos on our part. We just want what's fair and what's due to us. If we're going to do an integrated show, we're doing an equal amount of work.
Speaker 2: Why can't it be a co headlining situation. That's it.
Speaker 3: But if it's not an integrated show, you're going to do your show, We're going to do our show, then that's something different. But we were told that it was going to be an integrated show, so I don't even understand why it's such a big deal about cold headlining.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned, we'll be right back after these quick ads.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Once a week from Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit of forgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about rain drops. It's not every day when you are in the presence of greatness, when you are in the presence of a litual, living legend.
Speaker 4: Ever since I was a little gay boy in Detroit, Michigan.
Speaker 1: I love girl groups. I'm a up set with girl group. I'm a kind of sewer girl group. I create a one called Blueprint.
Speaker 4: Yes, encor, I love.
Speaker 1: Girl groups from TLC to Destiny's Childs.
Speaker 4: But of course as w B and I'm here with my.
Speaker 1: Love, who I think is one of the greatest R and B singers of all time.
Speaker 4: Of course I'm talking about Miss Coco Gamble.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So look, we've been trying to do this for a minute. So I'm so thankful and grateful that we're able to finally sit and talk because.
Speaker 4: There's a lot going on, Coco, is it?
Speaker 2: I even know.
Speaker 1: I can't even go on social media without hearing about SWV, escape whole headlining, everything else.
Speaker 4: So let's get right into it.
Speaker 1: Obviously, your show, The Queens of R and B is a talk of the town. Everybody has a strong opinion about this show. What made you, Coco want to do another reality show?
Speaker 3: But this would be a great idea, Like you always see the guys going tour the guy groups the addition Joe to see.
Speaker 2: So I was like, Oh, it would be really nice for.
Speaker 3: Some girls to get get together and do it. And I don't know if you saw the one twelve Jagged Edge show where they had an integrated show, so the way it was presented to SWUV it would be something like that.
Speaker 2: So I was like, Oh, that's dope. I can get with that.
Speaker 3: So you know, I wasn't really thinking about the drama like that, not really, but I was like, no, it's gonna be better this time.
Speaker 2: I was wrong.
Speaker 1: Where did things go wrong? Because to your point, as a fan of girl groups, and so is a lot of my listeners, we fought like to have swb an Escape do a show based on how great the Verses was.
Speaker 4: I mean, I was live tween, like, I can't.
Speaker 1: Believe all of these legends are like sinking together when that versus happened.
Speaker 4: Was the popularity of the verses?
Speaker 1: What made you, guys decide to do a show about co headlining?
Speaker 2: The show is not about oh headlighting.
Speaker 4: You tried it allegedly, mow nuts guy.
Speaker 2: It was per idea.
Speaker 3: She saw versus and she thought that it would be a great idea, and so the way.
Speaker 2: She explained it, I was like, yeah, that would be a great idea for sw being escaped to do a show.
Speaker 3: The show's supposed to be about us preparing you guys get to see behind the scenes of how we do the rehearsal, the decisions we have to make, and things of that nature.
Speaker 2: That's what it was supposed to feel us.
Speaker 4: So what is it about now that you're surprised about.
Speaker 2: The cod headlining.
Speaker 3: When we were asked to do it, we were told that it was like going to be a co headlining situation. So we were like, cool, let's get in here and let's do this. Let's show them that women can work together.
Speaker 1: Did egos get involved in terms of why this series is about co headlining.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna speak for SWB.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like it's anything about egos on our part. We just want what's fair and what's due to us. If we're going to do an integrated show, we're do an equal amount of work, why can't it be a co headline of situation.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: But if it's not an integrated show, you're going to do your show, do our show, then that's something different. But we were told that it was going to be an integrated show, so I don't even understand why it's such a big deal about co headlining.
Speaker 1: So as we're seeing with this season, a lot of the girls are having conversation about the reasoning behind why Escape feels that they deserve to be the top building. Tiny said that courtesy of her and Candy having hit reality shows, that the relevancy is more there, which is why they sell out. Obviously, you are a part of a group that has sold two to three times.
Speaker 4: It's more than them.
Speaker 1: When Tiny made her rationale about the reality show being relevant to them selling out and deserving to be top billing, what were your thoughts in that?
Speaker 2: I disagree. I totally disagree.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know like the social media because they brought up social media as well, they have more followers or whatever.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know that was a thing.
Speaker 3: And if we were talking about TV, yes, you got that all day girls, you're the queen of TV. But when it comes to music, I feel like that's something different.
Speaker 2: You know, s w b weed them girls.
Speaker 1: You said multiple times that back in the day, Day Day, Honeymoons, cacll you think get the girls together. Oh my god, the old Coco would have done what compared to what the new Cocoa is doing now.
Speaker 3: I would have been just arguing the whole from the first time we started filming to the end.
Speaker 2: But it's tyrant.
Speaker 3: I didn't want, you know. I really was trying my best to make things work out. Like I said, I still feel like it's a great idea, something that has not been done. We could have been like the new Age spice girls, you know what I mean. And I just felt like, you know what, me getting upset and going crazy is not gonna solve anything, So I'm gonna just chill out. Unus, I was medicated, so I was just chilling out, you know, and Tad would be talking to me, you know, we're gonna do it like this. We're gonna do it like that because she's more level headed. And that's what we were trying to do. We were just trying to keep it cute. We don't want no drama, no problems. We want what we feel we deserve and that's it.
Speaker 4: Not to put words in your mouth.
Speaker 1: A lot of people have said that the egos and escape is the reason why they always have issues.
Speaker 4: Do you agree with that they have issues?
Speaker 3: That they have to work out. I don't know if it's egos. They've known each other since they were kids, so I feel like maybe it stems from way back then.
Speaker 2: But I don't learn.
Speaker 3: About a lot of this stuff until we just started filming s W. We have our own issues. I can't really deal with this.
Speaker 1: Do you believe that you sign on to do a show and you got bamboozled and the intention of it.
Speaker 3: I can't say we got bamboozled because we know with every reality show it has to be some drama.
Speaker 2: I just didn't expect it to be this much drama.
Speaker 3: You know, I live a regular life, so I just wake up every Monday morning and I'm in another blog.
Speaker 2: I'm like hot, damn again.
Speaker 3: But you leave me alone already, damn. You know my group on an easy going We just chilled for the most part. You don't see us in a lot of drama.
Speaker 1: What personal stuff came out that you feel like was just too much about how.
Speaker 3: Much we supposedly get paid. You got people googling how much we get paid. Don't trust Google, Honey, we get paid. How I make more than the girls? They have to split fifty percent? Like that's unnecessary to me, Like, we don't have to throw dirty jazz really, like, that's not lady Like. I don't like that part because we're not doing that. We're not being nasty and dirty and putting out people's personal information. We're not We're not doing that. It's untrue, s w equal, But why is it anybody's business?
Speaker 1: When you saw that Lee was getting into it with op Bar over Twitter?
Speaker 4: What was you thinking about when all of that was on the phone me?
Speaker 1: Because it definitely got a lot of press and a lot of clad backs happened after it.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised because, like I said, Lely though she minds her business, she doesn't get into anything. And she was like, don't be mad at.
Speaker 2: Me, y'all.
Speaker 3: But I said something. We were like, because I'm not on Twitter, I was like, what did you say? Then I see it in the blogs. I'm like, oh goodness, why are you arguing with her?
Speaker 2: Like do you even know her?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Who cares?
Speaker 3: So it was more surprising because it was Lee and Leely's like she's real chilling and laid back.
Speaker 2: We just try to tell her just let it go.
Speaker 3: Who cares? People gonna think what they want to think. They're gonna believe what they want to believe. But we know the truth and that's what matters.
Speaker 1: One thing we all love about you is you have always been somebody that has defended yourself.
Speaker 4: You have admitted that.
Speaker 1: Look back in the day, they day, I was the girl who liked to clap back. I am surprised that there was even a conversation about someone headlining a tour because the spirit of the verses was the fact that it was a celebration of two iconic groups in their own right, and none of you y'all fed into the fans saying this person won this group one. Y'all don't feed into that, because it was more so like.
Speaker 4: We all had fun. But when it comes to the group was.
Speaker 1: Something that I think all of us felt was so simple. It was sort of like, we both are fire in our own right. Well, what was sad to me was that the commonality of we are both excellent, and we look at the stats, SWB arguably has the bigger hits if we just focus on Billboard, if we focus on nothing else and just Billboard, you guys have the bigger hits. And that's why to me, I thought it was amazing of escape to say, according to Billboard Bigger Hits, we also bring this to the table, and how beautiful it would be to show the world because if we're going to talk about female empowerment and we're going to talk about we always lead with supporting women and doing things for the fans. Why couldn't that be the common ground? That was my process into it was that yours too.
Speaker 3: I totally agree. We're doing this woman empowerment things, sisterhood, you know, we loving on each other.
Speaker 2: Why does it even.
Speaker 3: Matter about the Oh we got a headline because we're on TV.
Speaker 2: Huh, Like, is this what this is about?
Speaker 3: Because y'all should have told me that before I signed the contract, you know, I you know, I done left my home to come out here and do this, and this.
Speaker 2: Is what we're doing. I can't even go home now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I was all ready to just you know, get to know the other ladies.
Speaker 2: You know, I know Tasha, she and I we are friends. We've been friends for.
Speaker 3: A minute, and I was really ready to get to know the other ladies and just you know, I guess make some new friends.
Speaker 2: But honey, it did not work out that way.
Speaker 4: Who are you friends with? Right? Now from Escape, Tasha, why aren't you friends with the other group members?
Speaker 3: Tasha and I were friends before the show. We were friends before Versus, Like, she's the one that called me convinced me to do Versus because I didn't want to do Versus. She's like, come on, let's do it for the culture. So I did Versus. We talked before filming this show. You know, we both had some reservations, but I think Tasha and I kind of clicked because we both understand each other. Like I've been in her shoes before, where I've had people being together just simply because they disliked me, you know, for one reason or another.
Speaker 2: So I kind of feel her.
Speaker 3: I feel like she understands me, and that's why we've been friends for as long as we have been.
Speaker 1: And based on your experience on the reality show, uniform of friendship with the other members.
Speaker 3: No, because I never really was around the other members. I didn't even get to see Tasha as much. Why we were filming, Like we were talking on the phone, but that was about it. It was so busy and I was flying back and forth from Atlanta to Virginia, so it was crazy.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Tasha, she has become a meme on social media.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Tasha has.
Speaker 1: Been accused of allegedly stealing thirty thousand dollars from her sister Tamika. Tasha has definitely been villainized on the show.
Speaker 4: You know Tasha personally, how is she doing.
Speaker 3: She's doing the best that she can with what everything that she's dealing with, you know.
Speaker 2: But I talked to her.
Speaker 3: I try to uplift her and encourage her, you know, just so she can keep going and keep her head up because she's really like bothered.
Speaker 2: She's bothered. Who wouldn't be bothered? No, she's human. So I just try to just uplift her and be a friend for her.
Speaker 3: In the ear, I'm honest with her as well, you know, that's what sisters do, friends, that's where we are. I just pray for her, you know, and she don't need another enemy, So I'm not trying to be that.
Speaker 2: I'm her friend. And that's just it.
Speaker 1: Based on you watching the show, because obviously a lot of the scenes that she's going through with Tamika was filmed personally based on the fact that you do know her, you two are friends, and now you have to watch what's being said about her on the show. What conclusion have you come up with in terms of her treatment? Do you feel like it's something to where she does not deserve?
Speaker 4: And this is not ta Tasha that you've been knowing for so many years.
Speaker 3: It's not Tatasha that I know. You know how reality TV were? How do you If you give it to them, they gonna use it. So if you sit up there making them faces, they're gonna use it.
Speaker 2: I've been there before. They give me every time, making them faces, both of us. They gonna use it. But you know, when you feel me, you forget.
Speaker 3: The cameras in it sometimes, so you just like, yeah, whatever, No, I think it's unfair, you know, because she's really a good person. And I just so I really don't like how they doing her. She's a good person. You get to know her, you will really enjoy her. And I just feel like everybody needs to give her a chance and lighten up a little bit. What's going on between the sisters. That's between the sisters. Nobody should be in between that. That's family. They are biological sisters. Like I tell Tasha, and she will tell you. I tell her. Work that out. Make it right with your sister. I don't care about nothing else. If you know, ever ever go back to Escape, that's your sister. Y'all gotta make that right.
Speaker 2: Y'all gotta work that out.
Speaker 3: And everybody else needs to stay out of that and sister business and let them work it out.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: As we went through Twitter, some people.
Speaker 1: Have said that Tamika has chosen the group over her sister.
Speaker 4: Is that something that you've seen as well?
Speaker 2: I don't want to be in that. I like Tamika as well.
Speaker 3: Whenever I used to look at Escape when they first came out, I'll gravitate it to Tamika and she know when I see how, I'm like, hey, what's up, fave? I love her voice, I love her attitude, her swag. She just gives it to you. Even after the show, she was like, am I still your faith?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Because it's been.
Speaker 3: Really hard for all of us, But you know, no matter what we're going through, she's still my favor. I still love her voice, I still love her swag. I can't take any of her talent away from her. She gets you know what I mean? But what's going on between her and her sister? Her choosing quote unquote her group over her sister. I don't know what's going on with that because I haven't had a conversation.
Speaker 2: With me about that.
Speaker 3: I don't like to get involved in that because I don't want nobody involved in my business.
Speaker 4: Like that talk on said, Look, I got enough bother my own.
Speaker 1: I got tied to insert myself in other people's business, especially when it comes to sisters.
Speaker 3: Honey, no, and then they get back together and then they don't talk to me.
Speaker 2: Nope, I'm not getting involved.
Speaker 1: Will there ever be a tour with SWB an escape?
Speaker 3: I don't know at this point. If you ask me today, it looks like it's a no.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. See this new Coco, this.
Speaker 3: Positive Coco, I still like this is like a great idea. It's awesome, Like why are we here? Why don't we all see the bigger picture? This is history legendary, but we are, you know, with co headline and that's so stupid.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. Right now.
Speaker 3: It's gotten personal and disrespectful, and I'm not good with disrespect So I don't know. Especially when you've got my number you can just call and we can talk this out. I hate I went online, not with people that got my phone number.
Speaker 4: I always said this, and I feel this way.
Speaker 1: If you got my phone number and you choose not to pick up the phone and.
Speaker 4: Say to me we got beef, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: If you choose to use whatever misunderstanding we have and go to the press, I will never understand that. I have my reasons as to why things like that always happens to people, because sometimes you'll need the audience, and my thing is I'm not going to join a circus. So I agree with you there, and I think that's the reason why a lot of people are disappointed with the direction of the show, because, like you said, look, we know drama's going to happen.
Speaker 4: I knew that it'll be some drama.
Speaker 1: I am shocked the drama with the group would be this cod headlining. I think it's crazy to me because I just assumed that would be the easy.
Speaker 4: Part to decide on.
Speaker 1: And that's why I think a lot of us are disappointed in the fact that we may never see this.
Speaker 4: Happen because of the bigger picture.
Speaker 1: With all that being said, the members of Escape have said that they're moving forward as a trio. Do you think based on you being in a trio, do you think that's going to work for them?
Speaker 3: I think they can do it because Samika will sing Tasha's part. But Tasha's going to be missed. She's definitely going to be missed. People are really funny about their original members. They want to see them original, so I mean they can do it for people are She's gonna be missed. She's definitely going to be missed. She has some really great parts in there, and their songs or whatever. They all have their part in Escape and people want to see that. So I think that they can do it, but it's better with her there.
Speaker 1: Who I hate to interrupt, but stay tuned for more. We'll be right back after these quick ads. This is Reality with the King and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back in to the show.
Speaker 4: If there was a second season of this show, would you come back today?
Speaker 2: I'm going to say no, and I would say no.
Speaker 3: It is so much, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's just weird.
Speaker 3: It's weird. And I don't even think my group members, they're just like no, yes, Cadge and Lely are so easy going, just you know, they real chill. So to have a lot of this stuff being thrown at us, this is like what the hell, Oh my god, people are staying such mean and cruel and evil things. They just wait, wait a minute, why is this happening? So at this point, like I said, we were just chilling, and to have this all happening, nobody wants to be bother with this today I would have to say.
Speaker 4: No, we'll but get you to say yes the money.
Speaker 3: Then I gotta convince the girl aoy, y'all, it's a nice joy.
Speaker 4: You said, let me get my back right. Then convinced Tazzi Leelee, and then Drama.
Speaker 1: You know, look, I'm still hopeful because when I did the encore, one thing I learned about girl groups, the ones who make it. In order for a girl group to make it, I want to get your opinion on this. I was told that in the girl group there has to be a member of sign as like the mother of the group, the one that is the champion of the collective, the one who's like, no, we gotta figure this out, No, we got to rehearse. Kelly Bly has said numerous times, even LaTavia LaToya said this, and Michelle they said Beyonce was the mom of the group meeting.
Speaker 4: She was like, I know, we're tired, but we got to go in the studio.
Speaker 1: LaToya Luckett told Tank on his podcast that when she was in the studio, her part Beyonce was stand behind be in the studio with her to give her some encouragement, and that's why she felt like at that time the group was successful. When you have one person, right, who's that person in SWV and do you think Escape has that person.
Speaker 2: While we were filming that person for us?
Speaker 4: It's tag I see that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She was the one that was like, this is what we're gonna do. This is what we're not gonna do. Coco, calm down, don't say nothing. Until this time, you know, she was very She's strategic in what we would do. Even now after the show you know, has aired, she's still like, okay, just chill out, nobody say anything. We're gonna do it like this, We're gonna do it like that or whatever. So it's taed do we always listen?
Speaker 2: No? And then she'll be like, I.
Speaker 3: Told y'all, y'all say what all right? All right, you're right, you're right. But she's that person for us. That's you know, she's like more level headed, she thinks things out. So yeah, she's helped us a lot during the filming of the show after the show. Now in our early years, I don't really respect.
Speaker 2: Her like that.
Speaker 3: So if she was that person, I don't know, because I was a listener.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's our person, she's she's that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I really don't know Escape like that, So I don't know if they have that person over there.
Speaker 1: I think what we were seeing they don't have that person. I think that's the issue. This is what I was told from multiple Girl Group members. They all said, you need one person who's the mama, And I think when it comes to Escape, they may not have that one person that they listen to, who can rally the troops, be the mature one the situation and say hey, this is what's going on.
Speaker 4: Less chill.
Speaker 1: And obviously that group has a set of sisters, and that's always going.
Speaker 4: To be an issue when you are working with your family, and.
Speaker 3: It's about respecting too. If you don't respect each other like that, it's not gonna work. Like I said for us back in the day, I didn't give a damn about nothing to nobody, so nobody could really calm me down.
Speaker 2: But as I'm grown, I'm older now.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to have someone there that's like, okay, guys, we should do it like this, don't do it like that. Calm down, Leeley Coco, don't say nothing. You know it works for us, but you have to be open to listen and you know, to learn because we don't know everything.
Speaker 1: Have you heard from any Girl Group members about the show that may be watching it?
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe I heard from a lot of peopleout naming names.
Speaker 4: What have they said to you?
Speaker 3: Wait it god, y'all like it good? We love your maturity. But what that makes you feel good? Because we are finally cant it right, I'm like, oh my god, she was right.
Speaker 2: Just chill out.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm fifty too. I don't want to be arguing on a lone. It is stupid. They gotta be constant and carrying on. I'm like, oh my god, oh no.
Speaker 4: You got to keep your peace and listen.
Speaker 1: As someone who doesn't argue with people online, my advice to you is you got to reserve your peace.
Speaker 4: And I always say this to people.
Speaker 1: When you are anointed, it annoys people and they want to attack you, and that could come in forms of different people, whether it's somebody you know or somebody you don't know. You always have to rise above it. And people are going to constantly poke you to react and to respond.
Speaker 4: They want you to respond, they'll at you. They can't act me. Oh you you restricted that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I don't know you.
Speaker 4: That's good, that's smart.
Speaker 3: I knew it was coming someone. I'm not going to disturb my piece. I already have a lot going on in life. I don't need your own wanted act.
Speaker 4: I love that about you.
Speaker 1: So look, we still want to are can we get a tour s WB and TLC?
Speaker 3: Oh, we would love that, but you know TLC is on tour in Vogue. Now, they took in Vogue and they did not act as w B. I'm like grind come on, I would love that though. I will be an opener for that. They got a word. We ain't tata go head live. We'll be opener in Vogue. They paid way. None of us couldn't be here if it wasn't for in Vogue.
Speaker 1: So like, come on, you wouldn't mind s w B opening up for TLC or in Vogue.
Speaker 3: We've opened up for in Vogue before we did. We toured with in Vogue and we went on before them. That's the thing about us. We are honest. We we know what it is. I do not mind TLC is huge. Are you crazy? I don't want to come up to No TLC Ah, We're not still fick. We don't want to come behind TLC. We respect of Vogue to the utmost. Like I said, if it was not for in Voe, there will be no sw B. So no, y'all want to go, y'all want us to go on before y'all. We're gonna do that because that's how much love and respect we have for both of them.
Speaker 1: That is so beautiful because one thing I also learned from the former Girl Group members. They said to me that one of the other reasons girl groups don't last is because there's always someone in your ear telling you how big you are.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've dealt with that from the beginning. You have so many people, and I don't even understand that now that I'm old, and I think about it, like why are you doing this? Why are you in our ears?
Speaker 2: Just so? And such discord between the group, like why are you doing that? That doesn't make sense. We are great groups, So why are you trying.
Speaker 3: To tell the group apart that never makes It doesn't make sense to me now. But we try to surround yourself with better people, but it doesn't always work with s W. We each have our own crew, and everybody's in our ear, talking in one of their mouths, and it's just it's whack.
Speaker 4: We're hopeful, we're prayerful. Before I let you go, one of the other things I.
Speaker 1: Have to talk to you about is the fact that you are such a support system for your son. Oh yes, and as an openly gay black man, I want.
Speaker 4: To make sure that you hear from me.
Speaker 1: Then what you are doing for your child means the world to people like me, means the world to black mothers, because in our community, it ain't every day that you know a parent is cool with it, your level of love, understanding, grace when it comes to your kid being open about his sexuality and doing getting from the world. What made you say this is my son, I don't care what people say.
Speaker 4: I'm going to accept him for who he is.
Speaker 2: If you see them, even when he was little, you already know what it was.
Speaker 4: I want to.
Speaker 3: Cover and protect him no matter what we've been dealing with the negativity of people, well since he was like in elementary school. I don't know how many time I've gone.
Speaker 2: Up to the school and just had to like set the kids straight.
Speaker 3: You know, so when in this wirl of social media, I need them to know, like there's nothing wrong with it. Like I love my son no matter what, I have his back. I'm gonna hold him down, I'm gonna cover him, and I want him to know that he is awesome. He is great no matter who he loves, and that's just what it is. And if you gay, be the best yay you can be, that's what. Be respectful, be fabulous, just don't disappoint me and don't embarrass me. And that's what I let him know. He knows that I love him. I'm gonna hold him down, and I'm glad that I'm able to help so many other people and parents, you know, to love on their children. Yes we do get some horrible comments, yes, but they can shove them comments in the ad. It's not gonna stop me from loving my son and just holding him, you know, close to my heart.
Speaker 2: That's my baby.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't understan and then like why would I turn my back on something that I was in late, even though I was.
Speaker 2: Only in label for thirty minutes, because he ain't want to wait.
Speaker 4: But I'm not.
Speaker 2: That's a pain.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna turn my back on some No, honey, I'm gonna be there for you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna hold you down. And he know mommy has his back.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he's so cute. He's so sweet, and my mom passed away. But I was a mama's boy because my mother loved up on me. Like you said, black mama knows about their logate kid, Okay, they're waiting for you to come out, so my mama knude.
Speaker 2: When he came out to me, I was like, finally. He was like what, I'm so hoo. I've been waiting now.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 1: He also came out and said he wants to be a singer and not a dentist.
Speaker 4: What's going on with that? Booe?
Speaker 2: He's gonna be that dentist. He needs to go back to school.
Speaker 3: Singing is great, he can do that on the weekend or something like that, but he needs to get his education. I'm proud of him no matter what, but I really want him to just just try it.
Speaker 2: He'll like it.
Speaker 3: He's caught up in this hype. I hate hype. Like, come on already, Jay, you got this show to people.
Speaker 1: Well, have him meet my friend doctor Heavenly and maybe he can like have an apprenticeship.
Speaker 2: Yes, that would be awesome.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'll call doctor Heavenly and hook that up.
Speaker 3: And Heavenly she she gonna put him in his place. You know, she don't buy her tongue. So yeah, uh.
Speaker 4: Now, so we see each other. Okay.
Speaker 1: There were conversations that there was going to be a biopics WB.
Speaker 4: Is that still happening.
Speaker 3: It's still in the works, like we've been talking about it, but we don't really like want to bring up like we've come along with.
Speaker 2: Well, we can love on each.
Speaker 3: Other, and I think bringing up a lot of that old stuff is gonna take us back. I know for me, it's probably gonna take us back because we each have our own story of why SWB or how SWB broke up. I've never really spoken on my truth, but Leally has her truth, Touch has her truth, befuse I have mine, and then it's the real truth. So bringing up a lot of that, I just don't want it to take us back to a place where we're not speaking. You know, we're fighting again. So it's just something to think about, and that's what we've been thinking about. So it's there, but we haven't moved forward with it.
Speaker 1: I wish every girl group can talk to the three of y'all because, based on this conversation, the level of honesty and maturity that you have and the fact that you have allowed certain things to sway you off of your journey of just being a grown ass woman and saying I just want peace in my life. I appreciate that, and that's why you're my girl, because there's so much drama happening in all the places, and look, you love loving mash huns Bill.
Speaker 4: We like watching drama like we get it.
Speaker 2: Yes, we get it.
Speaker 1: But that's why for me, I appreciate the fact that you have allowed yourself to say, I know who I used to be, I know what I've used to respond to, and no one is going to take me off track. I appreciate that because that, to me is something that this new generation of girl groups needs to hear so that they're able to just understand that we have to support each other in our maturity at this level and laughing not leaves. When you have bad intentions entering a situation, you can't escape what's going to come at you.
Speaker 4: You just can't.
Speaker 2: Absolutely and it was all good on our part.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately it kind of went crazy, but I'm still hopeful.
Speaker 1: And so we Child, So what does SWB have going on? Are you guys going to do a tour, even if it's by yourself or joining other people?
Speaker 4: Where can we buy some tickets?
Speaker 1: Child?
Speaker 3: Let us know boo usw is going on tour. We just have not made the announcement with Wool, but it'll be this summer. It's exciting. It's a nice too, I think, you know. And we said we wouldn't do any new music, but I'll produce a Brian Morgan I spoke to him this morning and he's like, he has this new song that is like such a banger, and since everybody wants to say, oh, come, I was the only one that sing, which is dumb because y'all love you your heart and Tage just killing that bread Lee sings.
Speaker 2: On our remakeup.
Speaker 3: If only you knew that was Grammy nominated, So come on with the come on.
Speaker 2: So Brian had this song and I spoke to this Morne like.
Speaker 3: I said, and it's everybody will be singing me on this song.
Speaker 2: And you know I trust him. He said, you know it's a banger. Lee heard it.
Speaker 3: She said, it's a banger, and so we're gonna see what we're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: New episodes drop every Tuesday, Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality.
Speaker 4: With the King.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcast, visit realitywithe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you can get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An executive produced by Me, Carlos King, Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby,