Speaker 1: The volume. Get in on the action with Draftking Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. New customers who deposit five dollars or more can get no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars back in bonus bets. Download the Draft King Sportsbook app now and use Cold Shannon. New customers can get a no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars if your first bet loses. Only own Draftking Sportsbook with Cold Shannon.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight open wire text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction Voyd and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNNG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Honte your check this out. We got the graphic. Okay, we got a graphic. We're gonna put the graphic up so you can see. You can only pick two pills, and you see what they are. The red one be rich blood, Blue, bring someone back from the dead, Green, read minds, Yellow, never feel pain, Black, never catch a disease.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: They got this capsule, They got this little penicated, you got five plus inches.
Speaker 2: I already know what I'm.
Speaker 4: Well, let me see. I'm I'm gonna go through process of elimination. Now. I was one when I was born. I wasn't always blessed, so I don't need the blue pill because I went and saw doctor Mayam. Ain't got that procedure done, so I'm good in that area.
Speaker 1: So you already got you got Okay, okay, okay, yeah, yeah, I picked up.
Speaker 4: You're picking up what I'm putting down. Yeah. I tell you, I don't really want to read minds because I can just read body language and tell how someone acts based on whether the chemistry or anything is right.
Speaker 1: You don't want to read the mind because you be thinking about if somebody else while you with you and then you exactly.
Speaker 4: I ain't got time. I ain't got time. I'd be hurt. I don't need the red pill because I'm kind of set. I'm kind of set in the area never catch a disease.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 4: I went to the doctor to uh two months ago, so I'm okay, I'm okay in that area.
Speaker 1: But never any disease. I ain't just talking about God real and simplest age. I'm talking about the cancer. I'm talking about diabetes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know what, now, you know you're right. You know I would let nature take its course. So whatever's gonna happen is gonna happen. I'm believe that in God's hands because this pill right here is the pill that I'm gonna take. I'm taking that blue pill. I'm taking that blue pill. I'm taking that blue pill. I'm taking the.
Speaker 1: Middle of the solid blue pill, in the middle of the top row or the bottom the bottom.
Speaker 4: Right, Uh, let me see, you know, the first one on.
Speaker 1: The top row is okay, okay, I'm just checking get I'm looking at I'm looking I'm looking at it in my notes, in my notes.
Speaker 4: I don't have to diagram, but I definitely I would love, would love I haven't had an opportunity to hear her voice in a in a very long time. I would love to have Hurricane Pauler back. Okay, I would love it. I would love I just I just want to I just want to say hello to my mama. There's one more time. Just curse me out one more time.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 4: Oh you got about to cry ship damn it hoo.
Speaker 2: It's easy for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that's tough for you, bro, Come on, get right. I think, oh yo, because of the relationship that you and your mom had early and what the relationship that you were able to repair towards the end and where you came to. That's what you're like, man, because I think in the back of your mind you think about all the years that you guys missed out.
Speaker 4: On mm hmmm a lot of it.
Speaker 1: And so now you're like, well, if I could just go back and get the years that we had at the end in the beginning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now, so I know. So I know what it feels like they have a mother. I ain't. I never had that feeling. My grandma raised me.
Speaker 2: I want you that.
Speaker 4: When I was four, when I was five, when I was six, when I was seven, when I was in high school. No, I didn't get to you until I got the Sinta Minaele Junior College. Hell, I'm already got them grown grown, right, So I did have missed out. I have missed all the good years. I'm what it's like to have my mama.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, you.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, oh Joe, sometimes the best decisions doesn't involve her. The best decision was your grandma did.
Speaker 2: What she did. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't realize it because when we miss out on something, all we think about is what we missed out on.
Speaker 2: But think about what you gained from your granny.
Speaker 4: Mm hm. Would I be the same person I am today without her?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, because I believe it. I believe grandparents love their grands more than they love their own kids, right, Ain't no question, Ain't no question. Mary Porter loved her three grade. She loved all her grands. You know, my granddad had nine kids, and she had a bunch of grandkids. But it's hard for me to believe that she loved any of the grands more than she loved us three because we were there every single day. My sister was there from nineteen seven until twenty eleven. So my sister was there for forty something years. I was there from nineteen seven until eighty six until when I went to Savannah State. But I was there throughout my brother the same until he went to school. Right, and what she did for us ain't no question in my mind that Granted loved us more than she loved the own kids, no question.
Speaker 2: You can't convince me otherwise because a lot of times, o Jo.
Speaker 1: Some of the mistakes that they made from raising their own kids they could get to correct when they're raising the grands.
Speaker 2: So I know it's tough.
Speaker 1: I'm very Fortunately my mom still alive, still has a great mind. I talked to her, text she my mom mainly text, if I keep by the casino playing the slots, that's what That's what she used to do. When you come to Denver, sharing my friend who rest the soul, Sharon. We take my mom up to the Tell Sharon, I want to go to the slots. Yeah, already told her. Oh, oh, Joe, so you taking the blue one? What's the other one? You take it? You don't want to be rich, you don't want to read mine. You had the surgery, Yeah, you had the surgery, so I can take you.
Speaker 4: I can tell you, baby, you.
Speaker 2: Ain't got the baby arm, you got the baby leg.
Speaker 4: Okay, go ahead, Yeah, yeah, I'm good now, Probably i'd take the yellow pain. Never never feel no pain, never feel no pain.
Speaker 1: I'm going I'm going blue. I'm going to two middles. I'm going blue and I'm going black, so.
Speaker 4: Never catch disease. Okay, okay, okay. Oh, I see where you're going with it. Okay, I see you going. You You're just gonna go with.
Speaker 1: I said, I just told you. I just told you. I just told you the two middle pills.
Speaker 4: You said black, black pillers never catch a disease. Yes, yeah, I told you. Fin get that diamond. It goes crazy.
Speaker 2: No I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't gonna have no heart, no cancer, no kid to disease, no, none of them.
Speaker 4: Okay, I said, you you want you want to give me the politically correct answer on why you're picking a blue pill. But I know, I know, ain't listen, I know what your own man hold on.
Speaker 2: I picked the same blue pill you picked.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you want to bring somebody back. I was talking about talking about that black pill. But go ahead.
Speaker 2: The black pillers never catch a disease.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm good with my I'm good with the baby. On I ain't got the baby then, but I'm good.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Who you bringing back? Though? Oh?
Speaker 1: My uh uh uh my dad. My dad never saw never saw me and my brother play anything. My granddad. Oh granny, Uh yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Think you're only bring one person back?
Speaker 2: Oh someone, damn, oh granny, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: You bring back the whole family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, grant, Oh yeah, yeah, oh mm hmm, granted, damn.
Speaker 2: People, the whole family.
Speaker 4: Fan of you. But but you caught me all guard on that one. But that was that was a good one. I like that. That was a good one.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, Joe. I don't know if you saw it last night.
Speaker 1: Uh, I attended the Lakers game and you see me, I'm standing outside.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Twitter had all the jokes say, I'm looking around to make sure Bron doesn't catch me.
Speaker 4: You you got them? Are he signed with them? Under the shoes?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right there, right there where at whatre there at right tell me right there, let me let me get them.
Speaker 1: Nope, okay, how about this, Hey, these are the birthday joye too.
Speaker 2: I think might be the same sign.
Speaker 4: Hold on what size that is?
Speaker 2: Thirteen?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Step up? The same sign?
Speaker 1: Hey, you're gonna wear them? No, you ain't gonna wear im, gonna put them in the case. I'll tell you about this, how about this? How about this? You send me that, You send me those, and.
Speaker 4: I give you the I give you lebron ball where he's scored forty thousand points.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know I got that. I got your thunk go too? What a funk away? What else?
Speaker 4: See? You ain't even got You ain't see you don't even care about it. You're supposed to have me in the background.
Speaker 2: You ain't even look at that. Look at it?
Speaker 4: You y'all got on.
Speaker 2: I gotta gotta uh gotta.
Speaker 1: What you call him? He got a microphone. That's a soccer ball. He got a cheese burger, he got a cheeseburger. All got a little baby. Actually, it's like my first time ever meeting stuff and uh and and you might know, Hey, what's good? He had a conversation. I said, Hey, bro, I appreciate that. I said, I just wanted to see you. I said, I've been. I've been.
Speaker 2: It's like not for resale. Look at that.
Speaker 1: Inside you can said it not for resale. I don't know if you can see that.
Speaker 2: That's his actual shoe right off.
Speaker 1: So these are right obviously if they're not for they're not they would never be sold.
Speaker 2: They're going in a in a container. But you don't want to make that.
Speaker 4: Switch for what I seen you the the game ball when Lebron hit forty thousand points for the shoes.
Speaker 1: No, you do realize I can like I got like hit brought up and just got have him sign the ball and have him forty five.
Speaker 4: That's a difference. You just getting any ball, and I got the I got the ball where he made the layup forty thousand points, I got it signed.
Speaker 1: It's a difference, man. And I was at the game last a oh yo. I was like, man, I wanted the Laker to win so bad. Lebron went crazy, had forty. I mean he was, I mean, he was doing it and then man eighty.
Speaker 4: When eighty went out, it kind of hurt him.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: The thing was that the Laker was getting ready to blow the game open, and they brought Clay in and Clay Clay had like seventeen in the first quarter, from three.
Speaker 2: No, he had seventeen. Well, he hit a couple here, his first couple from three.
Speaker 1: And then you had Steph because Steph had zero points in the first the first quarter.
Speaker 2: And then you look up, you're like, damn, Steph got seventeen too.
Speaker 4: Out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: You look up again, like, hey, we got twenty five and didn't commit. Quiet that young fellow man, be nice. Yeah, and see, I don't like to think Lebron hit the three. They and forty five seconds pass and they say they come, we have an announcement to make the Lebron James three does not count. He was out of bound. I'm like, man, forty five seconds doesn't pass. And it kind of like took the whole air out of the building. And then like the last the last two minutes of the ball game took like fifteen to twenty minutes because the clock, the shot clock wouldn't start.
Speaker 2: Oh, so it was just like everybody like, here we go again, here we go again.
Speaker 4: But they lost all the momentum if they did have any momentum.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't step up. Lebron hit that three. I was like, but he had it going. Last night I was at the game. I was at the game that he wrote the record. He had it going like that, he had it going to They ended up losing it, damn. But he had it going last night. Man, I mean it was great to see. But Steph Clay kaminga lebron. I mean, Draymond was the control of the game. He looked like young Draymond. I think he had twelve thirteen rebounds, twelve thirteen to sis. He only had like two or two or four points, but he could tell like he was just the.
Speaker 2: Pass that he was hitting stuff with and.
Speaker 4: By show, it showed it.
Speaker 2: Show.
Speaker 4: Would have been nice to get an invite to, you know, to a Leger game.
Speaker 2: You say you had something else to do Saturday?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I was at my daughter's track meet. She ran at USL. She did very well. Uh shout out the Kentucky Wildcats track team. Salute y'all. And uh now it's track season outside, so I'll be I'll be traveling a little bit more on the road. I'm excited to watch the rest of the track season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that was that was good to see a legacy. I hadn't been to a Lakers game because I was I was working. You know, I'll be working. I don't, I don't I understand it. Look, I'll be wanting to go. I missed the Yarns game. I missed uh the yokicch game. Who else? I miss Yoki che Man. I hadn't seen Dame play. I wanted to see Dave. I called the first game KD. That was my first time. No, I had saw KD play. I saw Kd's play in the finals in twenty in both years. Yeah, I saw him in Golden State and then we went on the road to Cleveland. So I've seen KD. So I just wanted to see like the top guys play. But hey, I gotta work, work calls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got you, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 2: All right. Oh yo, it's time for another favorite of ours.
Speaker 1: Our next segment is called spell o Sinkle are we spelling?
Speaker 2: Spelling? Spelling?
Speaker 4: I like that?
Speaker 2: Okay, Ojoe? Are you ready? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Now, there's two words to pronounce this Some people say caribbean and some people.
Speaker 4: Is it going to have? Is it going to have a silent letter?
Speaker 1: There's two words, two ways to say this word. Some people say caribbean and some people say caribbean. Spell caribbean.
Speaker 4: C A double r I.
Speaker 2: God damn sorry, but.
Speaker 4: Wait, c A double R No, c A c A R double b. Wait R you said caribbean? Yes, c what do you mean c A R I double B? I just said that.
Speaker 1: No that you did not say that. First of all, you said double R and then you said double b. But you left that why.
Speaker 4: I'm messing up.
Speaker 2: No, you are messing up. And you got that wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, you even let me finish. We don't need to feed it. You do realize what you spell it wrong? They don't let you go back and wait.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, no, you didn't. You mean to let me say the word. You have to let me say the word and then use it in a sentence. Then I'm done. C R I dou w b bean.
Speaker 2: No are you that one? Okay, okay, chat man, We're going to go to the next word. Connecticut. Oh c O n n.
Speaker 4: E T I c U double T. And that is right.
Speaker 2: C O n n e T I.
Speaker 4: Cee u T. That's what I said.
Speaker 2: You know you didn't. Okay, here's an easy one for you. This is a very easy word.
Speaker 4: And y'all, y'all chatty, cheating man.
Speaker 2: It's where Martina navratlov Is from check us Levakia.
Speaker 4: Hey, okay, wait a minute, and and and I'm gonna sound it out check us Levakia.
Speaker 2: C z stop looking at the David glasslow.
Speaker 4: Right at you e z listen c z h no no check check c z E c h l O v okay k i A. That was right.
Speaker 2: C z E c h O s l O v A k i A.
Speaker 4: That's what I said.
Speaker 2: Okay you oh for okay, We're gonna give you easy one. This is an easy one.
Speaker 1: This is something like when you order pasta, they come come around to ask you would you like.
Speaker 4: Some parmesan parmesan parmisan p A r m A s i A N.
Speaker 2: What para sean p A r m E s A N.
Speaker 1: That's what I take to say, Okay, this this is okay. If you get this from right, oh Joe, we're gonna say all the rest all to be forgotten. It's a college and it's also church Presbyterian what press Presbyterian No Presbyterian.
Speaker 2: P E r press p e r E no p e r e s.
Speaker 4: P baetarian. And I ain't even.
Speaker 2: Know you's already roll. You will go get this with p r E s b y t e r A.
Speaker 4: Oh, press, press, buetarian. Well you gotta say right so I know how to sound it out. You said Presbyterian.
Speaker 2: That's what it is, Presbyterian.
Speaker 4: No press, but but B B B you gotta sound to be out, so I know it's to be in there somewhere.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Oh Joe, uh uh, I'm thinking that was over.
Speaker 4: I was over five Yeah, God damn, and the chat better not be laughing because ain't none of you motherfucker got it right here.
Speaker 2: I'm starting that ship. Oh okay, now's your time to get revenged. Now. Next segment is called dunk on Unk. Dunk on unk.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah, don't be don't be doing nothing that cheating the day.
Speaker 2: But there's the thing, and be giving you questions. The guy got one more catch.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, here we go. Here we go. Hey, but hey, that was funny. Hey, them hard ass words. I ain't want to spelling me since nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can tell you.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go, douncle Uncle Trivia, come on, chat y'all ready? Which team is the only franchise to never ever have a four thousand yard passer? Ever. Wow, Oh my goodness, that's a that's a good one. Oh weh.
Speaker 2: He was the first one to have a four thousand yard pass. And I almost said that, Oh I don't know. I was gonna go with the Bears.
Speaker 5: Man, Hey, Chad, ain Chad, come on, man, you you do the same thing every time, acting like you don't know.
Speaker 4: Then all of a sudden you pop out with the right ANW.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing I almost win. I almost almost went with the Jets. But the Jets had the first four thousand yard passer, which was Joe Naming. He was the first one to pass for four thousand. But if you don't go back and look at the look at the look at the Bears quarterbacks, Who in the hell you think would have ever threw for four thousand yards? Jim McMahon, they ran the football. Okay, hold on, you didn't you did? The answer is not complete.
Speaker 4: It is the Bears. But I need the quarterbacks name. If you don't know the quarterbacks name, then it's wrong.
Speaker 2: You told me that. Do you take name the team that's never had a four thousand and.
Speaker 4: Where you have to know the quarterback as well? Because that you can't give me an incomplete answer.
Speaker 2: The Bears have never had a four thousand yard passer.
Speaker 4: All right, who's the quarterback that's had the most? He got the closest to four thousand, he actually had and thirty eight yards.
Speaker 2: That wasn't a question. But i'll go Jay Cutler.
Speaker 4: Wrong. Wrong, So you got to answer completely wrong.
Speaker 2: You can't Hollo, you added the dinner. You can't add to the dinnim.
Speaker 1: You said, who was the US was the only team that's never had a quarterback throw for four thousand yards?
Speaker 4: I said Bear?
Speaker 2: Then you asked for trying to stop me.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm not trying to stump me, but you have you it's the Bear. But you you also have to add the quarterback the context for the people that for the people that.
Speaker 2: Are listening to see.
Speaker 1: No, you said, what's the only team that's never had a four thousand yard passer?
Speaker 2: I said the Bears. The question is done.
Speaker 4: After that, you said, well, who the hell is the passer? You gotta answer that.
Speaker 1: Nobody is thrown for four thousand yards for the Bears. So the answer is the only team in NFL history without a four thousand yard passer is the Bears.
Speaker 4: And the point is to answer the question completely and tell us who's the person that got at the closest to it.
Speaker 2: No, ain't no closest.
Speaker 4: Well, you get it. You get a fitty Okay, can we can?
Speaker 2: We can? We can give me Come on, I gotta get another I gotta try to get another one.
Speaker 4: Here we go between Antis, Will Shields and Larry Allen. Which Hall of Fame offensive lineman has been selected to the most Pro Bowls? Ah, Will Shields, Yeah, and it's it's close to Yeah. Will Shields has been selected to the Pro Bowl twelve times. Munos and Larry Allen have both been selected eleven times. Yeah, it's all good. I mean, listen, I knew that one. I knew that one. Okay. Number three. The most points ever scored in a regular season game by a team is six hundred and six what, which is an average of thirty seven point nine points per game. Name the team, the Broncos.
Speaker 2: Did that give you?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you a hint.
Speaker 2: The Broncos.
Speaker 1: You know what, Marius Thomas, those guys the year they lost to what you gonna They lost to Seattle in the Super Bowl when.
Speaker 4: He when he threw for fifty five touts downs, yeah season, yeah, yeah, all right, I don't know, all right who they give it? See you, I got them hard ass god damn spelling spelling be questions.
Speaker 1: Okay, well they broke Okay, you already tell you who record they broke. They broke the Patriots record of two thousand and seven. And you know who the Patriots record they broke. They broke the eighty three resks of watching the football. They were the you know, the derogatory term, but they broke their.
Speaker 4: Record, right, okay, okay, all right, ark month.
Speaker 2: Aaron Garrett, you know the fun bunch. Go ahead, all right.
Speaker 4: Number four, Only five teams in NFL history has there been a team with a trio of one a damn a trio, a tria of one thousand yard receivers. The last time it happened was in two thousand and eight. What team was it? And who were the three receivers?
Speaker 2: They had three one thousand yard receivers receivers?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's only happened five times to an NFL history, and it happened in two thousand and eight. It's a good it's a good one. Oh.
Speaker 2: I'm about to say something, you know what I'm gonna go on to live.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say the Colts with Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Gunzales, the.
Speaker 4: Zalas of Stokely. But Stokely still there now, he wasn't there? No, you are wrong anyway. The answer is the two thousand and eight Arizona Cardinals. Larry Fitzgerald had fourteen thirty one and Kaun Bolden had one thousand and thirty eight and Steve Breston had one thousand and six yards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell, I never got that one. Mmm, Okay Ford, that's what Stokely was there? Skey Stokely did They didn't have it, but not in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 4: Right, true or false? Russell Wilson has more career rushing yards than Cam Newton. Woo true or false. Russell Wilson has more career rushing yards than Cam. Don't forget Russell had them legs boy back in the days. Now, be careful and man, you're just throwing that answer out there, man, But you are right. Russell Wilson has five three hundred and seven rushing yards the Cam Newton's five thousand, six hundred and twenty eight yards. Okay, you got one.
Speaker 2: Right, you got one right, I was three out of four.
Speaker 4: Nah, some of them, some question some of them. Some of those questions weren't difficult enough because if you look at the questions you asked me to spell, like, ain't no way in hell think about all.
Speaker 1: The teams, only one team has not had a four thousand yard passer. You thought that was easy?
Speaker 4: No, yes, it was easy because you could just break it down based on quarterbacks that have had success in the passing game. It's pretty it's pretty easy. And you already knew the answer. Someone someone let you know what questions were going to be asked, because you.
Speaker 1: Think about it, asked as putting this together, and there was one there was one thing, one catch between Odell Beckam and somebody else.
Speaker 4: You think you won't be the weird Yeah, I don't know, I don't know it just and then you always play like, oh man, oh man, I don't know this, and he'd be like, what the bears? And then you always got to answer right, Hold up.
Speaker 2: First of all, is your producer that's were writing dunk on unk all right?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Right? Where about it?
Speaker 4: Where about them? Let me give one more spelling question. Let me give the more spelling questions we got something for you tomorrow. Okay, okay, okay, yeah, as.
Speaker 1: Don't even see the ask, don't even see the question. All right, all right, it's time for our last segment of the day, and it's a Q and.
Speaker 4: A you and a baby. Ask me anything, Ask me anything.
Speaker 1: Isaac Lopez said, Hello, unc and oho, I saw you unk in the Jumbo trying to the Lakers game last night.
Speaker 2: It was my second ever NBA game. Lebron and Steam were cooking. What a game.
Speaker 1: Fortunately to see them play. That's absolutely correct. Lebron was sensational, Steph was sensational. Clay came in and, like I said, they were on the verge of blowing this game open. Hey, Darvin Ham, you see what Steve Kurt did. Clay Thompson came in and started cooking. He don't normally play like that, he doesn't normally play those minutes, but he saw him hot and he left him in the game. Duh. That's probably what you should do with Austin, Reeves and Ruin when they get it going.
Speaker 2: I know you got like you know what.
Speaker 1: I only want these guys to play like the first six seven minutes of the game. But when they get it going like that leave him in the game. But you're right, Isaac, that was a great game to see witness up closing personal two all time grades going at it, keper Nor what Junior says unk? My question is who do you think if they has a better backup? Russell Wilson with Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence with Jones.
Speaker 4: But that's easy.
Speaker 6: Who you got, hey, Russell Wilson and god damn Justin Fields. You got to think about that, yeah, because it might be closer than your faith.
Speaker 1: Ah what you what you when you say they're better that than than than than than Justin Fields?
Speaker 2: Are you just looking at talent or you're looking at play.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at them being able to extend plays. I'm looking from a talent talent perspective as well. What Justin Field was able to do in Spurts, what Russell Wilson is capable of doing. And I'm looking at supporting to the playoffs his rookie year, right, what has he done since then?
Speaker 2: Justin Fields never led a team to a playoff.
Speaker 4: Again, I'm going with Justin Fields and with their supporting cast to the supporting cast over in Pittsburgh is much better than that. I mean, I'm trying to understand how well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they lost Ridley, I mean really, I mean you know now they can still got Christian Kirk, they got that, got every ingram.
Speaker 2: What's up? Jones?
Speaker 4: Jones? Jones? Ain't there? Is he?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: We did?
Speaker 2: Did he leave?
Speaker 4: Okay? They okay? They is still here?
Speaker 2: Yeah at n Ooh real nice?
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I think you know what o Jo. It's closer than you think. But I would go with Fields if you give me a choice to take one of the other out. Take Fields, right, But I ain't gonna give you a whole lot for either one of them. Further, I say, looking back, how do you feel about your comments on my home that he was drafted? You said he would be the least successful between Washon and Trubisky. I thought what I thought Washington. Washington hadn't disappointed when Washson was in a uh no at Houston. Oh yeah, he was sensational. Oh yeah, Travis coun didn't think. I couldn't understand how somebody let Washington go after Trubisky. I was basically on looking at guys that have come out of that system, the system that Mahomes cut his teeth in nobody's ever been successful. So I'm just basically on I've never seen anybody play that air raid system have success in the NFL. He got with Andy. Andy saw something because they zoomed up. But as I say this, I was wrong in my assessment. But if if if Andy thought Patrick Mahomes would have been this, he desoomed all the way up to number one to take you. Oh yeah, but he's boy, he's been I knew he was special and he could be really good. The last game of the season they played the Broncos his rookie year, was a very cold game. They rested a lot of the starters. They didn't let Alex Smith play, and he goes out and throws I think he threw three touchdowns.
Speaker 2: I said, Alex Smith is not coming back next year. No, I'm serious.
Speaker 1: I was like, he's not coming back, right, He's He's better than advertised. I mean, I'm like I said, I mean his first three I mean his first six years. Seven years haven't been in this league. Nobody can compare to this. I know Brady has the same number of Super Bowls, but he got two MVPs, three super Bowl MVPs.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. I was wrong with that one.
Speaker 1: I didn't see this one, but I was just basically on the system that they came that he came out of, because there have been a lot of guys in that system throw for upteenth yards. I mean, I think he threw for like seven hundred yards against Oklahoma. It was seven hundred yards in the game. He threw the ball eighty eight times, don't Joe with.
Speaker 4: No goddamn defense that day Baker.
Speaker 2: Mayfield threw for like five something.
Speaker 1: Baker Mayfield had like twenty something complete is in five hundred yards. Stephanie Warfield, thank you both for all the laughs and lessons. Name you're Mount Rushmore NFL Hall of Fame speeches. Also, do you have any faith NBA Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: Speachres man, Damn, I ain't never. I ain't never watched the speeches.
Speaker 2: I don't really watch the NBA either, not the Hall of Fame speeches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, I really couldn't tell you anybody but the guys that that were all that that I was up there with. I mean, for me, oh, Joe, that's my speech has kind of been righting itself for like thirty forty years because I just everything is just getting the sequence in how I wanted to start. I know, you know, once I once I got the nod, got the nod that I was going to be in, I kind of knew the people that I wanted to faith right now, it's the sequence in which I want to put them in because I couldn't thank everybody because now I'm devaluing the people that I really really want to think, right yeah, there are a lot of people I couldn't think my pot want to coach this coach and that's no, that's not a shot on anybody that thank those people. But I wanted I wanted the people that I think, I want them to feel special, special because I don't believe I could have made it here without Cat. So that's what that's what that was My thought process was. Obviously I knew my grandmother was gonna be last. Uh kind of knew what I wanted to say. I think you know obviously family members is easy. You know you want you know what you want to say about your brother, you want to say about your sister. Uh mis Keels, who is my remedial reading teacher. She was also my Spanish teacher. Ain't know people, I know, people laugh when I when she told me I should take Spanish and it would help my it would help my reading. I said, No, you're gonna help me repeat my sophomore year. That's what you're gonna help me do. That's the only thing you about to help me with. And Coach Hall, because Coach Hall had been knowing my family. He drove the bus for my mom. My mom graduated high school in nineteen sixty. He drove the bus. He talked my mom now so here he was teaching my brother and everybody that came through my family.
Speaker 2: Right, So.
Speaker 1: Obviously Coach Reads for drafting me and believing in me. But like I said, O, Yo, I really can't. I really couldn't tell you a whole lot of Hall of Fame speeches.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never really watched the Hall of Fame speeches. I know who goes in most of the time. If it's someone that I know personally, I send him that text congratulating and that's it. As far as watching, I've never watched the ceremony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, David Bell said, what's up under not yo?
Speaker 1: Two part questions for both one of the boxing match you wish you could have seen in person Besides Floyd. I actually watched Floyd fight. Who's the best fighter in boxing right now?
Speaker 2: The great work. Oh, I like this one A.
Speaker 4: Boxing question, that's right up my alley. Now. One of the fighters that I wish I could have watched when he was fighting is a Mayo Augustus. I wish I could have watched the Manyo Augustus, the Drunken Master fight at any point in time, simply because of the entertainment value that he bought. Now to add another one with that, Prince not seeing, I wish I could have watched Prince not seen I obviously, if you watch me play football, you know I am flashy, flamboyant, and I like anyone in another sport that brings that same type of entertainment value to the table. And that's what those two did, very very flashy print not seeing the Manyo Augustus for me and the best fighter in the game today right now.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, probably gotta go weight classes. That's tough because I love budd.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but but but it's at one forty seven right now?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Oh, do you go out the one fifty four?
Speaker 2: He ain't gone up yet. Yeah, you know you got ben a Videz.
Speaker 1: But then if he did not that one, no find right now, you know I got said see I got a chance to see Tyson fight.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I got a chance to thee holy Field fight. I saw Floyd fight.
Speaker 1: I saw dayla Oyer fight h In personally, probably Roy Jones Junior.
Speaker 4: Where was the real deal?
Speaker 1: But obviously if you could have saw those eighties fight with Hagler, Hearns sugar Ray, Hearns Hagler Sugar Ray, Hearns Uh.
Speaker 2: Roberto the Rain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what about remember remember Mickey Ward and Turro Gotti Turgotti the trilogy. There was wars, Yes, there was some wars. Yeah, I'm trying to think best honestly, one I'm gonna say, excluding excluding Budd. Let's say Budd is that one for I like Boots, Boots Innis. I like Boots Innis. And then Boots brings that entertainment value, which is why mentioned in Boots. He brings that same Prince not seen type, you know, mayor Augustus type. Later on in the later rounds, he'll start getting flashy and tricky and doing some of the stuff that like is entertaining to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the guy that I don't know if he is the offensive fighter. But he was.
Speaker 1: Everybody that's good as defensive fighter is a sweet peet, Whittaker, Fornelle, nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, defense was his offense ship.
Speaker 1: See the thing with Floyd, until Floyd's hand got bridal, Floyd was knocking people out. People don't realize that Floyd was knocking people out at work in his career.
Speaker 4: He was willing to engage more during that time.
Speaker 1: But yeah, thing you want to do is break your hand in the first and second round, third round, and then you gotta go because now all of a sudden, But man, Floyd was so good with it. Man, but those guys back there, like in the eighties when they had because think about it, they had Duran, you had Haggler, you had Hearns, and you had Sugar Ray and then on the outside you had Iran Barkley, who many considered the fifth horsemen. Those guys were called the fourth horsemen, right, but you had the fifth horseman, which was Iran Barkley.
Speaker 2: Eighties were loaded and they fought.
Speaker 4: You know, the funny thing is, I think we're loaded today. We're loaded. They with immense talent, But the problem is is getting the fighters to fight each other the way they did in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Oh, they fight. Oh they had you.
Speaker 1: You had to I mean you couldn't Like I said, you couldn't, dug, you had to fight. I mean they demanded Hearns had to fight Sugar Ray, right, Sugar Ray fat. But actually Sugar Ray came back and fought Marvin Hagland won sixty Not in one forty seven.
Speaker 2: He thought him at one sixty damn because I Agler was a middleweight. Now super middleweight is one sixty eight. Uh roy was?
Speaker 1: It started at fifty four window sixty went to one sixty eight, middleweight went the light heavy won the heavyweight title.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what's funny. I thought I might have saw it. I don't know if the flyer or the low I saw Canelo, not Canelo, Charlo, Charlo and Plant like I thought. I don't know if it was real or not. But for July or June, I haven't seen it. Yeah, a friend of mine sent it to me. They supposed to fight in June. I don't know if it's real. You know, people just be making making flyers and just putting a date on there. But that's that's gonna be a good one. That's gonna be a good one if they do. If they do have that coming up.
Speaker 2: People say they wanted to see Sugar Ray and Floyd.
Speaker 4: And that was a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh.
Speaker 1: It's a good it's a good Thiers, said Chad Big Max Slayer Rail.
Speaker 2: That should be.
Speaker 1: Oh, they want, they want you. That's what your last name, it's real. They don't realize that real last name.
Speaker 2: Is Rosa.
Speaker 1: Jacas, Denver native. Uh here what was the better food spot Denver Dinner or Columby Steak? I never ate any of those places, so I wouldn't tell you. U My place with d at was a black eyed pea. That was my favorite restaurant food.
Speaker 4: No, no, black eyed pea is not sould food.
Speaker 2: No, it's home cooking. But it ain't sold food.
Speaker 1: But you know they had like they had like mac and cheese and black eyed peas and green beans.
Speaker 2: They had a dress in but it ain't like it ain't like we do it, you know.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, I see what your media. I see what your media.
Speaker 1: I didn't eat it any of the play. I'm trying to think, like, I please, what did we man? I couldn't even tell you I ate that Bruce is up in Greeley. Antybody know about bruces all of the world famous Mountain Oisters oysters. Yeah, Mountain Oisters, bull testicles.
Speaker 4: You eat those. I ate them.
Speaker 2: And they had some turkey ones up there too. I tried those.
Speaker 4: But you boy, but listen, your boy. You eat anything. But when it comes to problem, whoa whoa whoa?
Speaker 2: You know the bejeen will you know a gen will put them? Come on stop now, hm?
Speaker 4: But you you you you allowing yourself to taste some of everything else, but you don't want to eat. No ass, you don't want to you know, My bad, My bad, my bad. I got Let me use the restaurant, quick man.
Speaker 1: He always tried to get you always try to get somebody to do some more crazy stuff. Yep, black eyed p off for Havana? Is it still open? And there was also one off? Huh where did that black eyed p off for a rapper?
Speaker 2: Hope? If I'm not mistaken, it was a black eyed p off for rapper?
Speaker 4: Hope?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was THO were the days, Those were the days. Crew show. Wish you had me a good old black eyed pe right here in uh in l A.
Speaker 1: It probably wouldn't be it wasn't wouldn't be in this area, but I wouldn't mind taking them taking a little drive out there.
Speaker 2: Man oh yo, Man, I don't know what oo be. I don't know where the deal is. Man, I really don't nothing.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: You know who Jerseys is? Some Nigerian Nope, Okay, I'm gonna give you a hint and the chat probably don't know either. The greatest Brazilian soccer player that ever touched the pitch. Ah, there you go, there you go. Okay, you learning, you learn it, you learn, you're learning, you learning.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it, like it.
Speaker 1: Aaron, what's your top favorite phrases from your grandpa? Because he had bars. You know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna actually, Aaron, I'm gonna put I'm gonna put not all of them, but I'm gonna put some of his sayings on on on shirts. But I think my favorite. I think you guys have heard me say it, never mistaken you know, have it for hard work?
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite because people think because they do something over and over they're working hard, but the majority of the time they're doing it out of habit. Laney Ray asked Shaddon, you said your goal is to see the top current athletes live in person. Who is next on your list to see live? Oh, cho, Do you have an athlete that you want to see? Well, hopefully the Lord spared my life. I'm gonna be at the Olympics in twenty eight because they're gonna be here in LA.
Speaker 4: What I want to see live?
Speaker 1: Man? You know what, O Joe, It's not so many like the basketball players, but I like events like I've been to a World Series. I've been to an NBA Finals, obviously, I've been to a super Bowl. I want to do Wimbledon. I want to do Daytona five hundred.
Speaker 4: I've done womens that I've done Daytona.
Speaker 2: Maybe the I've been to the Derby, been to Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 1: Got an opportunity to meet Bob Baffert and we've been We've been cool ever since.
Speaker 2: Uh who would I like to meet? I met?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, I ain't see.
Speaker 1: Mookie wasn't on nah, hell nah, he wasn't on the team. He's with the he's with Boston at the time. But I met Mookie bet Yeah, a couple of a couple of months ago. It's funny. It's funny when you meet people and they call you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Don't nobody call don't nobody call me that. Don't nobody call everybody. Everybody called me uncle. They called me shake. I was like, well, damn, I guess I guess that's I guess that's stuck. That Shae stuck.
Speaker 2: That's all people called me man.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I was in the rest. I was having a meeting today and uh, some yell lads like, hey, hey, Shae, I said, who told you my name? We watch the show all the time. We know we watch you in a nightcap with o Cho, and we watched we watched Glove, so we know who you were.
Speaker 1: Thanks for your support, uh, Renado said, Uncle, o'cho much love. You're really on American Dad? How do you get into that?
Speaker 2: O Joe?
Speaker 1: What do you think of new national Mexican team Jersey. They reached out to me. They asked me what I do a voice over on American Dad? And I was like, ah, because if I didn't do it, They're gonna have JB.
Speaker 2: Smooth do it. But I thought I was like, man, that'd be really cool.
Speaker 1: One day, you know, my kids or my grand kids like to see a cartoon and their dad, granddad is actually the boys. So man, I jumped on that thing with both feet and uh, hell, I would like to do more of it. But you know, you just go in the in the in the box and hey, they read your line. You read your lines, and they're like, okay, can you give us a little bit more animation? Not so high know to you you get it right. Sometimes they'll call you back to do uh do something. But for the most part, it was easy, Jay Mann said, unking Ocho out debating on if my fian saying I should go to Vegas or Louisiana for our three year anniversary for the casino experience she turns, she'll turn Oh okay, she'll turn twenty one a few days before our anniversary.
Speaker 2: Bro, if you want for casino experience, you gotta go to Vegas. Can't go to no Louisiana for no casino experience.
Speaker 4: I mean, niggain't New Orleans. New Orleans has some all casinos too. Now, if I'm not mistaken, because I remember seeing.
Speaker 1: Anyone, most a lot of states have casinos, but it ain't Vegas. It's just like if you go to a fight where you wanna see the fight at Ojo MGM, exactly Vegas. It used to be Caesars. Caesars used to be the spot that they fought that. But Vegas, what that's where hearns, that's where heards and heardson or herds and sugar ray.
Speaker 2: I think they fought there. You remember when the guy for into the ring with Riddick bow and.
Speaker 4: Parachuter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was in Caesars. Okay, uh, but go to Vegas.
Speaker 1: Gabrielle Morales said, you guys are inspiring being a majority of minority of Asian and Hispanic, who's studying sports media, who is a current team and it sports. You guys would want to cover full time love y'all. My birthday is April Field, No one full.
Speaker 4: Time Napoli obviously mine mine would be Mine would be soccer because my love, I would love to come.
Speaker 2: You ain't trying to cover them every day?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't have a problem. I would not have a problem this. And now I moved the Naples. If I had, if I, if I had, if the opportunity presented itself to move the Naples in Italy and cover Naples.
Speaker 2: Nightcap every day, Huh. Yes's what I thought.
Speaker 1: Read about said, Oh Joe, would you be open to coach my finances? I'm not good with money and spend a lot of my money on debt. Uh you all the people you gotta pay what you can't help you with that finetially successful for me and my family. Bro, how did you inquire? How did you incur the debt?
Speaker 4: Hey you got once you out of debt, holler at your boy. When you get out of debt, holler at your boy. I get you right.
Speaker 2: But what are we gonna start? Wen?
Speaker 4: We're gonna start slow. We're gonna start with a three month plan. If you can stick to that three month plan, we're gonna take that three month plan from three to six months. I'm telling you, I get you right.
Speaker 2: Man, here's the question of old Joe.
Speaker 4: We're gonna we're gonna knock out some of your wants and we're gonna focus on your necessities. That's how we start.
Speaker 1: But let me ask him this. How did you get in debt? Did you buy a house? Was it medical expenses? Or are you wearing your debt?
Speaker 5: Mmm?
Speaker 2: That's a good one. I just that's it.
Speaker 1: Because if you're wearing your debt, I don't know what to tell you. Take that back now. If you got a house, you and debt, or you had unforeseen medical expenses, got no problem with that, bro. Things come up, but things you in debt from some stuff that you didn't need. Right, Oh, Cho can't help you. Isabel Coreyer Unkyno, Joe, give me a shout out to my boy jose A Garcia and the and the dinner Broncos love, Thanks God bless you by.
Speaker 2: Guarcia. Jose. Isabel said, she wants us to give you a shout out, So we give you a shout out.
Speaker 1: Bro. Appreciate your support, Appreciate you watching us. We really really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Jose hold lot go on my star.
Speaker 1: I'll go unknown, he says, unclencha twenty five. I have struggled getting over a relationship, lived together, et cetera. Wasn't my choice to end any advice on how to get back myself and gain confidence again and start over.
Speaker 4: Wait, she left you, he bruh. I know listen, I know how you feel. I know how you feel. Everybody I've ever dated all my life. Bruh, they left me. So I'm I'm I'm with you in the same instance, for me, my outlet and my sense of peace when people and women, when women left me, is gaming gaming helped me get through because you gotta think. For me, gaming takes up eight hours of the day, So those are eight hours I'm not thinking about that individual, and that helped me tremendously, and I'm not sitting here playing around because when someone leaves you, that hurts because they've been a part of your life. They've been a part of your team for a very very long time. I know I play a lot, but that's but that shit, that shit hurt. What that shit hurt? But that first month and you're used to that individual being around, and then the thought of damn, they not here, what are they doing? What did that do wrong? You starting about all the good times.
Speaker 1: Oh, I want to get them back, And then you're like, you know, the longer you are part, the harder it is gonna beat linked because you're probably gonna start seeing somebody, you might start seeing somebody.
Speaker 2: Ah man, it's tough. It is tough.
Speaker 1: It's not an easy process. And the longer you've been with that person, the harder it is to get over. Nobody likes rejection, Richie, but we've all either rejected somebody or been rejected.
Speaker 2: That's how I know. It's easier doing the rejecting than getting over the rejection. Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you just it's time to move on and the loneliest place. And then my grandmother told me this boy, the loneiest place you'll ever be is to be a place where you're not wanted.
Speaker 4: M ain't none worse than that. Nothing funny thing about it is, most of the time when you're not wanted, you ain't even paying attention to the goddamn context clues that they don't even want you to. Sure it was not blind you blind.
Speaker 1: As hell oblivious because you got into a routine, get up, hello, eat, do whatever you're doing, and all the while they dropping them bread.
Speaker 4: Clup crumbs and you ain't picking them up, not one, not one, but unknown e.
Speaker 2: Bro you twenty five.
Speaker 1: You ain't really live no life yet, not nearly, not nearly. Yeah, you'll get better, You'll get better each day. You'll get stronger. That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. And you'll grow from this. You'll learn, You'll learn from the mistakes that you made in this relationships. There are some things that she did that, you tolerated that. You're like, you know what, I ain't putting up with that anymore, and so just grow from it. Bro, Just stand hey, just pray and you'll be just fine. Oh Joe, you know, we almost had thirty thirty k in the chat tonight.
Speaker 2: Real real bro. Where they came from, I don't know, but I wish they sign up.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all't do it's a favor. Hey, thirty thousand chat. I know all of y'all, all of y'all, can all of y'all not subscribers, go.
Speaker 4: There, go ahead and subscribe now only.
Speaker 2: Going to subscribe do that thing for you.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 2: We tried to, We tried to get the two meal.
Speaker 1: We really are and we gonna do it with your guys, with y'all guys's help, We're gonna do it, maam, and were about to be and we'll be right back tomorrow. Thank you for joining us. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Make sure you hit that light button. Guys, it's been amazing. Tonight was an incredible show. Hopefully you enjoyed it as much as we did.
Speaker 4: Of putting against y'all, you made me cry ship.
Speaker 1: Well, well you must have add water. Y'all you try to spell them damn words because you ain't getting nothing one right.
Speaker 4: Listen, I think we could have had all thirty thousand in chat. I don't think nobody would got none of them worries right.
Speaker 2: They were a lot to you.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Madge, Shout out to Masseaul Mazau out there watching man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you that love. Please make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. You can listen to Club a Nightcap through Club shay Shape, but we would greatly appreciate it if you listen signed up through the club through excuse Me through the Nightcap podcast feed. Please make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed through Nightcap. Thank you guys for selling out Shaped by Laportier. We're only taking pre orders. We gotta shive me in on the fourteen. We'll be able to fulfill all previous orders and any subsequent orders, So thank you guys. The link is pinned at the top. Thank you for joining us. I'm your favorite UNC shouting shark. He's your favorite number eighty five route running extraordinaire Bengal's Ring of Fame Honoree pro bowler, All pro from Liberty City, chad Ocho Sinko Johnson, half hyphen resart Rosatto.
Speaker 4: I love y'all, good night, and I see tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow. We're out.