Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: He's the pride of Syracuse University. Henos Why the Mets are so terrible With perspective on the game last night, it can only be our beloved sports anchor John Stashower, John, Good Morning.
Speaker 1: Give me Morning Time. I can't kill Paul for going to sleep. I think a lot of people did you know when it's they're down by twenty nine early in the third quarter. But here's what Paul missed. They cut that deficit in half. It was fifteen going to the fourth quarter. The Knicks kept chipping away and they took their first lead with a minute twenty two to go at Jalen Brunston shine and they fell back behind. So they were down one. They had the ball about six seconds left, Brunson.
Speaker 2: Gets it, fires up at three shot.
Speaker 1: No God, but that's gone. It's gone.
Speaker 2: It's gone good one point two remaining.
Speaker 1: Mix take the lead. Oh, Treota Loby, that's one O seven.
Speaker 2: One of sex.
Speaker 1: It was your final score. ABC had the call and I was saying this Morning Time, I'm not sure what was more astonished in the comeback where that game winning basket at the end? Yeah, John, I mean I mean as great as the next played in the second half. Defensively, they held the Spurs only thirty points. It's just extraordinary. They had seventy one in the first half. It was incredible. Now, you know, you had the feeling there was no way they could keep making those shots. They shot fourteen of twenty six on three pointers in the first half. So they did cool off. And the Knicks have made these comebacks before. Even last year with basically the same players. They had a couple of big comebacks in the playoffs. They beat the Celtics. They came from twenty two down in Game one against Cleveland only seven minutes left. But you didn't think they could do it this time because the Spurs are a better team and they were playing so well. I don't think anybody really could have seen this coming.
Speaker 2: And John, you know what I noticed was a change Alvarado. I mean, he goes into the stands. The other night, he's saved. They were protected by a man in the stands who caught him nicey last night. And then at the end of the game, all of a sudden, I've got Elvarado. Brunson, I'm sorry, is that something new? For Game five?
Speaker 1: It's a good point. I know, he Mike Brown very rarely I think plays those two together, and I was surprised they did. But Alvarado, I don't know. He's very pesky, you know, and he maybe that's why he brought up he had a couple of big shots in that comeback in the in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: I think, Paul, it's amazing at Elvarado. I mean, he knows he was lucky to play Game four, protected in Game three by that person on the sidelines.
Speaker 1: Exactly right. So, Johnny, the game we head back to San Antonio for a game Saturday night. What are you thinking here? Well, they just won twice in San Antonio, so you know, I mean logic tells you that he might be hard to wrap this thing up on the road. I don't think the Spurs want to see the Knicks celebrate on their home floor. But if San Antonio wins Saturday, then we would move ahead to Tuesday night back at the Garden. It'll be another high ticket with a chance to win the champions.
Speaker 2: John I'm an amateur. Alexis is the real deal. Paul's the real deal. Who was up on your wall as a kid like nineteen seventy three.
Speaker 1: Who oh Clyde, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Link for our international audience, John Stash Shower Link nineteen seventy three, and the other struggles over here to two thousand and six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they've been a lot of struggles. I mean, that's that's part of why this has become such a big story, is because Nick fans have gone through so many just dreadful teams. I mean, yeah, they went to the finals in ninety nine, but basically since then, I mean, Tom, they had twelve coaches in eighteen years. I mean, they just kept recycling different coaches. J'll managers, they bring me, Phil Jackson, they bring all kinds of people, never work, and now it's finally worked and they have such a great team.