Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Podcast Welcome to You, and That's what you Really missed podcast The Tour and You Warner Kevin mom mom, tour manager, tour manager extraordinari, the person we would be lost without literally in the middle of the country somewhere.
Speaker 2: So so the person who I do not know how she did what she did.
Speaker 1: That's look I like. I like controlling things and planning and having a million things to juggle. That's the next level. That is the level.
Speaker 2: She was with us twenty four hours a day for almost seven weeks on the second tour. Forced tour was shorter, but when you're a tour manager, you don't leave. You're not off the clock. And she dealt with all of us, everyone behind the scenes. We'll get into it, but she is us the best and that's why everyone in the music industry works with her because there's nobody that does what she does to the level that she does it. So this is the world's best tour manager that we got to work with. Andie Warner, Hi, Angie, so good to see you.
Speaker 3: Hi. Children, No mom my tour babies.
Speaker 2: You have to have the most amount of babies anyone has ever had.
Speaker 3: I do have a lot of babies.
Speaker 1: It's good to see you. Good to see you too, that's nice. Where are you right now? Are you home? Are you on the road?
Speaker 3: I'm home. I live in Nashville, Tennessee. Now, my four legged fur babies right here next to me on the floor. Your childre out or also be barking, But I'm home. I'm working for Keith Urban now, so I'm in the country world.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Decided to down a little and kind of normalize my life some and it's kind of came at a good time. So you know, I love the pop and rock world. But lord man, I'm fifty four, so this has been a good shift.
Speaker 2: I'm We're both so excited to talk to you a number of reasons. Obviously just to see you, because we're obsessed with you and love you, but also because I think you have, out of anybody who's been on here thus far, I think one of like the craziest job. And I don't know if like the general public knows what goes on in like your world you're in, Like you just said, you're in the country world now, but you've worked for everyone every genre under the sun. You've won every award for tour managing because you are that good. That's why it doesn't matter what genre it is. People just want to work with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are the tour manager.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I don't. There's nobody else.
Speaker 3: Shoulders off people. Yeah, I am. You know, It's funny because it hasn't been until recently that I've started to really sort of really pay attention to my career, to sort of really appreciate it and understand it more instead of being in a tunnel, you know, which we do so long on the road. But you know, I've been very lucky and very blessed. And it's a couple of years ago I did a really really hard tour and after that I was like, I'm good, Like I'm good at Yeah, you know, I can do No one else could have ran that tour. I'm I'm the one the only one who could have done it. And so it really sort of just reinforced that I'm in the right field for what I was supposed to do. And you know, the career path I chose was the perfect one for me.
Speaker 1: I don't think I even knew what a tour manager did before the Glee tour like I don't. I never I didn't. I don't think I understood tours. Yeah, and obviously I want to get into like our tour obviously, but I would just love to hear from you, like the highlights of which, like what does a tour manager do? What does your day to day look like? Is it different for each I'm sure it's different for each band or artist, Like, can you just give us kind of an overview of like what your job description is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, mainly a lot of times you're hired just for a tour. So jay Z I was hired for tours. I wasn't really hired with an in you know, an indefinite sort of time period. Or I was hired for BP three and then I was hired for Watch the Throne. So you're hired, you put the tour together, meaning you do budgets for hotels, logistics such as moving the artists, the crew. You deal with the venues daily. You deal with the hotels daily, You do with drivers with private planes, commercial jets, you know, commercial flights. You deal with venue people, you deal with management, you deal with the artists, you deal with the artist teams, you deal with wardrobe, you deal with everybody, and that's mainly overseeing that everybody's doing their job, because one person not doing their job means ten people get behind. You oversee the morale of the tour. You oversee making sure people are a good reflection of who the artist is, which I'm really big on these days is making sure everybody is being respectful because everybody that you encounter is working hard to make that one show work.
Speaker 1: Local.
Speaker 3: You make sure your artist has everything that they need, and that could change, you know, with you guys, it was more than one person. It's one, you know, with Post it was one. With Keith, it's one. But sometimes Dragons it was a full band, you know, so everything is every shifts and then you sort of are filling in holes where stuff isn't happening. And I'm being general because management teams are very different with every other artist. So you feel in like, well, who's doing ticketing? I don't know, Okay, I guess I'm doing it. So you kind of just pick up all those pieces.
Speaker 1: Wow. Do you hire on people on your team or people? Do they have people in place? Does that also differ based on the artist?
Speaker 3: Things different? Yeah. I don't usually have an assistant I do when the tours are bigger, or I'll hire somebody if I'm dealing with an artist and they decide they're going to bring out a band, so then I'll hire somebody to oversee the band, or and do ticketing, kind of put some of the work on them. Or I'm kind of a control freak in the sense that I like to know everything that's going on, so I like to be responsible for it because I'm the one to answer for it to management. So it's just I don't mind that being overworked. It's because then I know all the answers.
Speaker 1: So right, so you're in the loop, You're you're kept in the know for everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why did this happen?
Speaker 2: I'll right, yeah, right, how did you get into this from the start?
Speaker 3: So I long story short, I was working locally in Charlotte as a booking agent. So I used to book bands on side stages at the Amphitheater, so you guys have the outdoor sheds. And one day somebody says, do you want to come work backstage? I need some help, and I was like, sure, I'll come do it. Well, it was called the Further Festival, so it was ziggy Marley Bob Weir. It was kind of hippie band.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I was backstage watching all these artists walk by, and I was like, this is really cool. So I shut my agency down and became a runner, which is the peoe of a venue, you know, twenty hour days. I made one hundred and twenty five bucks a day before taxes, So I was broke all the time, but I have job. And then a few years later somebody said do you want to go out on tour? And I went, sure, what tour? And they're like in sync and I was like, oh my god, it no strings attached. Oh my god, I want to get stadium tour ever.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. That was my third concert ever really been That concert changed my life, yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, changed my career, changed my path wow. Yeah. And it was probably the most fun because it was a first one and the boys are so much fun. And I'm still close with a lot of that team as well as Chris, Joey and Lance, so I still see them a lot. Yeah. Wow, a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: And were you on tour? Like have you been on tour most of your life? Now?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to be fifty four tomorrow, so no, I've only worked I feel like it. I started when I was thirty, that was my first.
Speaker 2: Tour, wow.
Speaker 3: But I've been in the business since I was twenty, So I've always around bands with bands for bands, you know, firing because back in the day, we didn't have social media, so you actually sent postcards out and walked around clubs and put flyers on, you know, the windshields of cars. So I did that because I grew up in Jersey, So I was in Naspberry Park a lot, hanging out with flyers and then I'd get like a free guestless spot watch the show Crazy Wow.
Speaker 2: So from no shings attached, then it's just like you if anyone who knows you obviously why you've had such like an incredible career, you're like the nicest, most competent and like even keeled person, which I feel like you have to, like you have to be that way otherwise who knows. But I imagine you do no shings attached and you meet a bunch of people who probably do tours regularly and like, oh, Angie's great, we need to hire her for this next thing we're doing.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's how it works. So I had met so many people as a runner because you're the local, so all these tours are coming through. Once I toured, then I got a call for Dave Matthews to go out doing max coordinator a job for that, and then from there I got asked to Britney and then Britney Spears to Madonna because I happened to be at a table when somebody got a phone call that they were looking for somebody. But this was all the great production coordinator work, so you know, just you know, kind of moving up the chain basically, so then you know, that's how it went. I just went from tour to tour to tour.
Speaker 2: And with each tour sort of gaining new responsibilities, working your way up.
Speaker 3: Abilities new team, being around new people, learning as much as I could.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: I was so active. I was on my feet all the time, which I loved, you know, getting to know the locals, especially in the local promoters. So I mean, I'm older now, I forget a lot, but I knew everybody. So it was good for me to kind of go, yeah, I'm looking for work in six months, and so I did job after job after job.
Speaker 1: And what was your first tour manager position? Which tour dancing with the stars. WHOA, that's a lot of people.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Did you have it by that point? Did you have it like in your back pocket at that point as tour manager or was that like chaotic for you to be the tour manager?
Speaker 3: It was it was chaotic. They it was this second tour and they weren't going to hire the person back. So I Harry Sandler at the time, who worked for azof Head, said I was like, I should do it. You should let me do it. He goes, I think you're too nice, And I said, I think that's what this tour needs. Okay, I'll give you a shot. And then at the end he said, Yep, that's exactly what it needed. Because like for Glee, you have ballroom dancers are your stars, plus you have five celebrities at the time and you're teaching like we had Joey and Lance ferm and sinc we had Drew Lache, Marley Mattlin, but we had, you know, an Olympic runner. We had all of these people who had never toured and at the same time with Glee, I'm going I'm going to teach you what it's like to do a rock tour, this is how, this is what you need to do. But I was good at talking to all of the different artists and celebrities in different ways to make them all understand in the way that they needed to hear it. And I think it became my strong point and people just grew to like me. But then when I needed to part, not harsh, but I had to be stern, they listened, came in and you were rude the whole time. They're just gonna like brush you off. But I feel like I got the balance, and that's the Jersey side of me and the Southern side working in harmony.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know, in hindsight of looking back at the Glee tour, I don't think and like Jenna said, we didn't necessarily even realize what and I had done smaller tours before Preglee, but nothing of the scale that we did. But I think a testament to your ability is you don't even necessarily know everything you're doing because there is never any drama. It's always easy. You always seem calm and everything just runs smoothly. And if there is, if we have questions, we have concerns, we can get into it. The days that we were not all, well, you step up, you show up, and you're like, how can we fix this? And I think in hindsight, if someone was not of the ability in caliber that you are, that we would have felt that yeah, in every capacity, because you've just explained there's nothing you don't necessarily have your fingers in because you've got to make sure everybody's working harmoniously hear everything.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like, well, that's the maternal side. I think that's why I believe that females make great tour managers. There's this maternal side that keeps your ear to the ground so you hear everything, even though it's not said to you. You hear everything, you know, So I knew I had my finger on the pulse with everybody's bitches and complaints or we're not feeling well, like I knew. It's not that I had people telling me. I just knew, and that was that maternal side being fulfilled for me. But also, like, what made it good for me to be in that role with you guys or with Dancing with the Stars is because I kind of just read energy a lot better than people and kind of was around and you guys trusted me and that's that was huge.
Speaker 1: And that's really big. Yeah, and you have to do that really quickly. You have to like gain trust really quickly. Yeah, And I'm not something that I'm not sure that's something you can teach a tour manager or anybody in a leadership role. That's something that's kind of either Nate Nate.
Speaker 3: That's what the road is like. You either have it either a lot better you don't. If you don't love it, then don't be on the road because you're going to make somebody.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean you have to love it. The amount of yeah hours, I mean it's never ending. You're on call, You'll be you could be on tour for a full year and you're always on call. Like I don't know how I've I've had friends who have hit you up in other countries for tickets and things and like how is she still on tour? How is she? But you have to love to love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's a twenty four to seven kig. It's not a day off, it's a non show day and that's just the role you sign up for. So I mean to do lighting and only work on show days and have like a real day off, But I would, I would, I would be so yeah. With the trust side, it also meant that when you guys came into my office, I stop what I'm doing. There's a reason you're there. You know that you need something or you want to talk or something.
Speaker 2: A couple of those times I do remember, like walking into your office just to like hang, and then that's when I would realize how busy you actually were, because I could see it on your face. I'm like, oh, she's really Oh I should go. Oh, she's doing a good job.
Speaker 1: But everyone loves to hang. She has the Glee sign. It's called the Principal's office, which was your office because you were the principal on our tour.
Speaker 2: Called the Shots Like we just wanted to be around you like that you saved it, like you were running. You're basically like president. It's like, yeah, it's like a micro presidency because you were in control of everything, and we would just like want to come kick it, like, oh, never mind, she's running this whole ship. We have to Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was there as a representative for a's off manner, like Jared Paul who was working rays Off at the time, so if he wasn't around, everything was going through me. Plus a look at the Paramount people were around as well, and the show, you know, producers, Ryan would come out and Dante and everyone, so all of that stuff also came through me too, So it was it was a contor, you know. Yeah, I remember minded to your travel with men, Like with Paramount, I had to use the Paramount agent and it was like, not like, hey, can you book Kevin on this flight? It was okay, here's the email. Okay, here's the approval, Okay, here's this. It was like five or six different chiets of paper that had to get signed for like one flight. I would be like, oh gosh, wow, but we did it.
Speaker 1: We did it. I want to know how Glee came to you, and I want to know about how Glee differed from other tours you had been on previously, or how it sounds like Dancing with the Stars set you up for us. But I'm just curious to hear your experience Dancing with.
Speaker 3: The Stars did because Jared was involved, because that all also went through A's off at the time, and so Jared knew me from that and said, would you have any interest in doing this Glee tour? And I'm like, Okay, what's Glee? And it was, you know, so new and you're on the road. You don't watch television often. I was more of a reader, and then I start watching. I was like, oh, this is going to be fun because it was so popular, and you know, I thought it was great because I love the singing and the dancing part of it all. And I was like, great, that'll be fun, and it was like it was kind of it's always hard when you're dealing with the network as well, because everyone has this different idea of how stuff is structured. But once you get it into a venue and then you're basically like, this can't work, this can't work, this can't work, and then they really listen. Then you're like, great, let's put this on the road. And I thought it was a blast because you guys were so fresh for that first tour that everyone statement was there, you know, and it just it was a theater size so it was manageable.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's so much fun.
Speaker 3: I mean I remember coming out in Chicago to remember the fans that lined the party and everything. I used to go around and sign and take photos. I remember Corey specifically doing it, and then all all the time I just thought that was fantastic. You know, no one had cell phones. I mean, if they did, they didn't have cameras on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it was such an engaging process. The way to connect with the fans. I thought that was. You know, I got emotional when you guys would perform, and that's when I knew, like I loved it because you guys started and your excitement is part of the excitement you guys have, and I just you know, never needed to be on stage. I just had to be part of it. M hm.
Speaker 1: So interesting.
Speaker 2: We talked about like Corey always, especially that first tour in that hotel in Phoenix, once fans found out where we were staying, he would be in that lobby for hours, just signing things, and it would be either Angie usually Angie or Telly or Megan who would have to like go get him because he would never leave unless he was forced to, Like, no, we actually have to like go do a show, or we have to go to rehearsal, Like there's the work to do, and you would have to, like you would be the best person to just go do it. You're like, I got it. So you guys go get in the van. I'll go get him.
Speaker 3: And that's how Cory and I started a tradition of going and getting coffee before lobby call to kind of get him out of that lobby. And it also created and then a great relationship, you know. He he by the end of the tours was like my little brother, you know, and we continued that coffee tradition after a tour too, and we meet.
Speaker 2: Him so sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so nice.
Speaker 2: It's interesting hearing you say that you would like watch the shows and get emotional, you know, watching it when you're doing other tours. How important is it to you if at all that you do enjoy that side of it, Like do you care if you enjoyed the music or you're connect to it anyway, or is it about this is a new challenge, this is not you know, genre and normally listen to new experience and then you learn to love it or appreciate it in different ways. Is that something you take into consideration when you're doing these tours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And when I stop really feeling that, I kind of will reassess where I am in my life and where I am in my career and if it still brings me joy, and you know, after some tours. I have taken a few months off just to sort of put my foot back around and figure out like the next path. And you know when I was because I worked for postmlone for five years, I started to feel after COVID. We worked a lot through COVID, so we've were NonStop no matter what. But after I could feel myself shifting, and it was mainly like, dude, I want to have a life, you know. I want to find something that's not going to keep me away all the time, because you know, he's twenty eight and he's the biggest thing in the world and he is constantly stuff.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 3: I love the camp. I love everything about it. But I also was like, I'm not going to have somebody make this decision for me in a couple of years. I want to do it myself and prop off. Now take another job that'll bring me home. And because I started going, god, I just I don't want to I want to have something that's related to me that's not touring instead of Andrew Werena the tour manager. I wanted to start to kind of find projects to get involved in that pulled me away and have a different identity I think is what I'm trying to sink.
Speaker 2: What would some of those projects like, what does that look like?
Speaker 3: I am I love dogs now because I have a dog, but I would love to I donate all my money to the shelters in the area. So I would love to start fostering. If I could be home more and volunteering and doing all of that. That that's really my goal post.
Speaker 1: Dad and I.
Speaker 3: Talked about getting a farm and doing like a senior dog, you know, like in Montana, something that was our dream, and that's I could still do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Beautiful Jane takes in a lot of senior dogs. I mean she takes in dogs of all ages, but she takes in some senior dogs too. It just breaks my heart. It's like the sweetest thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So at anytime, I'm like, oh, okay, give him another hundred dollars. Okay, do you know? That's that's the thing. And you know, having having Stony has literally changed my life. It's like having a kid. No, I have to go to have a dog.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, that's responsibility.
Speaker 3: You have to Yeah, and he does travel, he travels with us. He was so he's great on the road.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, you have to have a dog on the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's good and he's a little celebrity. I'll show you him, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you have any memories of stick out in your mind of our tour? Are particularly like our stadium tour.
Speaker 3: Of the tour itself, or what we would do on the off time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so like after we did the smaller tour? Yeah, real quick? Did you know there was going to be another tour? Like, were you told, like next summer we may do the same thing, like hope you're available?
Speaker 3: No, they I knew that they were talking about it, but I didn't know that it was a definite thing until a few months before. And then it was oh no, this isn't just a theater tour, this is an arena tour and we're going to the UK. You ended up doing twenty wait, I had to look it up to get the count. Twenty one cities, thirty one shows?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I think and I think we ended up doing thirty one shows domestically. I think it ended up being forty four shows with the Yeah, yeah, the UK, I think, oh god, it's nuts. In six weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and because we were doing two shows in a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was that was dancing with the started doing matinees.
Speaker 3: No, we weren't doing matinees, so that was just us cool.
Speaker 1: Just doing eleven a M one one pm shows. Different crowd for sure.
Speaker 3: But we set the record at the O two. Oh my god, you have the slush I have the slushy. This is probably one of the coolest awards.
Speaker 1: We never caught mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did say no, no.
Speaker 3: I wonder whether well they went somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody's got them.
Speaker 3: Somebody got them.
Speaker 1: That's a cool one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a good one one. I remember the Wow some chemical that was made.
Speaker 2: To it was sort of like, okay, I trained you kids on this theater tour. Now welcome to my Welcome to the big Because we would to cities and you'd be like, Okay, here's where we're going. There was a time we were in Philly and you're like, I'm taking you to this Philly cheese steak place. And we got and I'm looking at the street because the whole plane You're like, I got to take you guys. So we all coordinated. We all went and I'm looking across the street and this looks familiar. I don't know why And I go outside and I recognized this sort of like theater, not even a theater, it's like a club. And I was like, oh my god. I performed there on tour with the boy band like three years ago, and here I am like with you, like a our tour manager were performing at the arena tonight, and it was this really surreal, like coincidence that you happened to bring us there. I was like, this is one of those check in moments of like, my life's gotten a little crazy.
Speaker 3: We went to on South Street. Yes, yes, it's still my favorite spot there.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget that one so good.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I should bring this up. Do you remember New York City when we all went and got colonics.
Speaker 1: And a really janky It was a really questionable spot on the Lower East Side, and I really thought, should I be here in this apartment right now?
Speaker 3: Getting Jenna? You and I went together, and I remember I went back and I was like, I need coffee. And I remember in like five minutes later, going, oh, should I think I'm buzzing? Because it just went right into my bloodstream. That was so that was so funny.
Speaker 1: It was really funny. I forgot.
Speaker 2: I'm still pissitting it to go. I canceled last minute because I had to go do something and somebody else took my I hear all the stories, very suspicious for the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was suspicious.
Speaker 3: It was funny though. Yeah. So now you remember Toronto. We were staying at the Four Seasons. The hotel was closed, like they were re building the Four Seasons, another part of Toronto. So the staff just didn't give a shit.
Speaker 1: Can I corry?
Speaker 3: And they let all the fans in the lobby. So we got overrun and they were running the hallways, and I think some of you went and got rooms across the street at the Hazelton Hotels. I was I was so mad. That's when that hard side of me comes out. I was like, what the what's going on here?
Speaker 1: Yes, there was a journalist who leaked where we were staying, and when we got to the hotel, I remember all the fans were outside. But then when we got inside the hotel, they were not only in the lobby, they were scouring the floors of the hotel where the rooms are, putting notes under the doors and shouting names. And we were like, we got to get out of here. So we went across the street. There was a few of us.
Speaker 2: I think it was like did Leah get a room? And so like we all went and like had like a slumber party because we're.
Speaker 1: Like, let's just yeah, there was a few people who got rooms there and there was a pool, so at least we went and swam.
Speaker 2: It was fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fun, but that was crazy.
Speaker 2: We were breaking the rules though, it was like we were sneaking it with like Mom's going to get mad.
Speaker 3: I was already mad at the hotel. I mean, I think that was the last time with the last year that it was open. I mean, the New Force is beautiful in Toronto. I go there all the time, but I just remember that I was like, well they should be you know, yeah a lot.
Speaker 2: Yep. There were also times so like there was a passport issue with Diana getting in and out of Canada.
Speaker 3: She had her passport.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was something that like, yeah, she forgot to bring it.
Speaker 3: Got to bring it somehow. I don't remember how we got her in. Maybe it took a day.
Speaker 1: She got stuck, didn't she get.
Speaker 3: Stuck coming after? Somebody had to FedEx a tour I think, And that's right. We had to come in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, because I and I was Heather and I went two days early because we went on the dancer bus.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Because some of you guys hung out in New York. We went straight to Toronto and had a full time to the city.
Speaker 1: I I some of.
Speaker 3: The best times were the parties that we had. So we had a party in New York City at the end, which, first off, Radio City Music Hall was still some memorile. Remember we got up, they sat on the roof and all the fans are all.
Speaker 1: The three Yes, that's that was kind of cool.
Speaker 3: At that time. Gibson Amphitheater was cool. But yeah, but I still loved Radio City Music Hall because that was such a that was such a you know spot.
Speaker 2: Had you been on a tour there was that your first.
Speaker 3: Was the first time I've ever done a show there.
Speaker 1: Wow, I feel like, you know all the stadiums and arenas at this point though, relieve I know.
Speaker 3: Where all the rooms are, all the dead bodies are buried, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, all the secrets.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and then we went to the party in Dublin when we closed down that bar.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was the best, and I.
Speaker 3: Had amber drinking Amber and I were drinking the baby Guinness shots.
Speaker 2: Yes I have the glass still.
Speaker 3: I stole one of them.
Speaker 2: I should have done that too. I remember you showed I didn't know that existed, and you showed me like the little little baby pints, a little baby.
Speaker 3: Ambria or whatever that is similar to and Bailey's on top. They were so good. And Megan and I went out with Naya drinking down to like a bar and it was fun.
Speaker 2: Fun getting we were all seeing each other pictures. I feel like we all factioned off. Yes, and then because we had we had a day or two free and Dublin we first got we got in.
Speaker 1: Yes, we ran into a bunch of the dancers on Temple Street, but we went and they had like the at the tables, which was like mind blowing where you could like y pour your own pint.
Speaker 2: It's like everybody emotionally left themselves in London, and so the time we got to Dublin, everyone had like shed all of that what was happening, and so we were just.
Speaker 1: Like near the end is near, let's go.
Speaker 3: We all drank yeah, because it lended up at the same bar and then split up and I think met up later.
Speaker 2: Yes, at the schoolhouse bar.
Speaker 1: Yes, so much fun.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. And then the party at the O two that we had because I have some oh yeah, any pictures because we all had like dance offs that night.
Speaker 1: Yep, I don't remember where that one was. It was pictures.
Speaker 3: I would actually in the venue there was like a.
Speaker 2: Bar slash like club looking room.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Jacko memory a little bit, but yeah, okay something how fun?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I forgot about that. You were saying that the challenges of you have to go through like paramount travel, you're dealing with the network, probably the studio, the executives coming in and out for different shows. Then we got to London. There was also like additional press we were doing for Was it the movie? Is that what we were doing press like we were or was it just for the tour? I don't know what we were doing press for.
Speaker 3: Probably for the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, that was a whole other thing. Yeah, Like, how do you even manage because it takes so long in London the arena everybody performs out as the O two, but there's so much traffic and you've just been You've seen pictures of like Rihanna taking the tube to go to O two because it's just wild. It's like one day when we did press with the hotel we were staying at was on the river and so a boat could pull up and that it was absolute most time.
Speaker 1: Didn't we do our Vogue September issue in London as well?
Speaker 2: In Manchester?
Speaker 1: Is in Manchester? Okay? Sorry?
Speaker 3: So in London we stayed at the Savoy and they have a boat, but it's like a block away from the boat landing and the boat right to the venue.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nice, it's the best. It's the best and only way you send an artist, you know that just.
Speaker 2: Decide, Like, is that you figuring that out?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if we figured that out, and then it's just whether or not the weather is good enough for for you guys to do it or for whoever to do it. We did it with them. Did we do it with BTS? I can't remember. I feel like we did.
Speaker 2: You did BTS as well?
Speaker 3: I did BTS. I still I still do some of the K pop stuff with their sideks. Yeah. I don't go out on all of them, but I'll put the team together and advance it. That's besides like the Glee and the pop stuff. That I've done. That's probably one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: Amazing, that's great to hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good one. It's so much fun in London. Yeah, probably too much fun.
Speaker 2: I mean, so how do you deal with the different personalities because there's a lot of us, Like you were saying, sometimes it's just a singer and then you come into us and by the second tour we're all more comfortable. We're more comfortable probably being honest, it's more of us. There are more of us, more, there's more of everything, right, Like the stakes are higher, the venues are higher, the fame is higher, which has some sort of psychological impact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone feels that they need more than the other person, or deserve more attention than the other person. You just I mean, is there a right way to handle all of that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I mean yes, case basically situation by situation, you know, you do you just kind of deal with the moment. You learn to say no, You learn to like look at somebody in the eye and make kind of go that's not doable, you know, that's that's not feasible. It's not feasible to send you home in between shows because of the traffic, London, right, stuff like that, and then you always have the but you just you just I don't know, you just learn. You just you kind of learn what to say and how to say it to make the person the other person kind of stop because you can't appease everybody. We're not there to try to appease everybody or try to there to make everybody happy and good, but we're also there to do a show. So keeping everybody on that work balance as well as the friendship balance because we all became friends at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we're.
Speaker 3: Also here because hey, you need to get into glam. You need to be doing this and keeping.
Speaker 1: Up that's our job. Do your job? Do you often become friends with the artists and the people like it, because it felt like pretty quickly like we were all going to do yoga together, going to get cheesesteaks sandwiches together, and like you're kind of showing us the ropes. Does that happen all the time on your tours?
Speaker 3: No, not all of them. I become close with the artists, but I don't always hang out with them. I never really hung out with Post, but he's family for life, you know. Yeah, Guns and roses guys, I've worked with a bunch of times over the years, so I consider you know, Duff and Slash our brothers. You know, I don't get to hang out with them, or you know, we would just go have dinner. It all depends on, you know, with vibe of like yeah, and I just felt with you guys, I could show you experiences in different cities and we could you know, do them together. And when you find somebody that likes to go to yoga, let's go, because that's going to be one thing that's going to help us balance our days. Huge for me, like salsa dancing, Okay, yes, yeah, so I always love to go salsa dancing, so I usually bond with dancers that would like to go do it. Do you remember Todd Fox, who you guys hot Toddy. He was a good salsa dancer and when we were in Toronto, we all went to this club that was right by the hotels and I'm like, you have to come and because of the issues with the fans, he was dealing with all of that. But turn around and he comes running and he grabbed me, does one song and he's like, okay, I gotta go buy it. He runs back to the hotel.
Speaker 1: I was like, no way, yeah, saddy.
Speaker 2: Wow, because he was the one that was sneaking us out and like going to the other hotel because he's like, I know a hotel to go to. It's where Janet stays. So we like hopped in the car and go across the street.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my gosh, wow.
Speaker 2: I can't believe he's a salsa dancer.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know if he does it like all the time, but he was.
Speaker 1: He's a som he's a salsa dancer. You gotta like entertain yourself somewhere creatively.
Speaker 2: The memories are funny. I remember I think, I remember when you guys went out salsa dancing, and I think Telly and Megan were with you, and I was texting Telly and that's when I learned about like how to drink Martinez, because he was texting me what he was drinking. And then I think I came in after. Sorry, this is not even a good story. I just it's all flooding back. Now I'm tasting like jin Martini for the first time. It's like, this is disgusting. He's like, don't worry. By THENTO of the tour, will get you on it and.
Speaker 3: Her celebrated call first twenty first birthday on tour and I have photo strips of that. I will never share photos. It was so much fun.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Were you there when bon Jovi was also staying at.
Speaker 3: The Savoy Hotel Savoy we.
Speaker 2: All hung out in that beautiful bar. Yeah, because I feel like you either knew them or somebody's working on their tour. No.
Speaker 3: My my great school friend is married to David Bryan, who's the keyboard player. And I remember we pulled you out in the hallway Kevin and you got a photo with him.
Speaker 1: Yes, yea.
Speaker 2: Also you pulled me out to meet Maxwell. Do you remember that bar?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Maxwell was in LA during rehearsal.
Speaker 3: Oh, during rehearsals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was. Oh my, you pulled Amber and I out because we're like, oh my god, Maxwell's rehearsing, and then you're like, come with me. No, no, no, no, no no no. You also did that the first tour with was it Smashing Pumpkins? Do you remember that? Were you there?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: Because I think you walked us. I think you walked us into that room. They're rehearsing again at the same place we were, and then told somebody for us to come over and like listen to them do a song.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's center stage, weren't we a yeah, yeah, maybe could be.
Speaker 2: You were the curator of the best adventures that you're attached to all, even if you are, like even if it wasn't you who pulled us into the room and my memory, you're attached to it, it was me.
Speaker 3: Thanks, well, I was the one responsible for us going to that London show of Beyonce. Remember Beyonce?
Speaker 2: Wait, you got us into that?
Speaker 3: Oh I just thought you would want me to have the.
Speaker 2: I would have believed it.
Speaker 3: I don't remember how we got all we all got in there, but we all went to go see Beyonce.
Speaker 2: Because we had the same label. I think it was because we had.
Speaker 1: The same team, that's right.
Speaker 2: But also getting us in and out of there what a nightmare.
Speaker 1: Yes, everything was a nightmare in London, getting in and out everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's so great, Like we had you know, different family members come to different things, and you just is not go unnoticed how easy you made all of that because there was already a billion of us to keep track of and then like hey I have four yeah, Like can you you know in two months when we get to this spot, can you make sure or do you Like when we were packing, we packed a suitcase for North America and then we had another suitcase that we wouldn't really get into until we got to Europe, and like coordinating those things. I remember being like, oh my god, I need to get something out of the Europe bag. Can you somehow all those little things.
Speaker 3: I also think I sent out an email like hey, don't pack this, pack this, don't pack this, think about this package the shirts. Take one out before leave space because you're all going to.
Speaker 1: Go shopping and shopping, Yeah, which we did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one thing I still after twenty four years, still overpack. You know, I had two shows. I still had a full suitcase. You'll never ever look at me and go look at chill and brought a carry on, not even for one. It's not going to happen. What if?
Speaker 1: But what if?
Speaker 3: But what if?
Speaker 1: I know exactly, but how.
Speaker 2: Many times have you been caught out? Like how many times have you gotten to the end of a tour and then all of a sudden or has this happened to you where somebody called me like, oh my god, we need you as soon as you're done, can you hop on this other tour without going home first? Did that ever happened to you?
Speaker 3: I did it. I went from Glee and I think I went home for twelve hours to switch my bag out, and then that's when I went started Lady Gaga.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh that's right, that's right, because then I saw you like a couple weeks after in Australia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you came to yeah the promo shows.
Speaker 2: Yes, you got me and Marco into one of the coolest Gaga performances I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: It was amazing.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe it. I was like, let me tell you, I have the hookup of the year.
Speaker 3: Mama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mama is getting into this exclusive Lady Gaga show and this amazing venue.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Oh That's why I think it's crazy because the music you guys did on the show. You did jay Z song, you did Imagine Dragons on this I mean you play you performed songs from so many artists that I worked for that I actually that is like, I don't know, it's just this kind of aw full circle moment. And then when I got hired for Dragons in twenty thirteen. The only song I knew was the song from them do Began.
Speaker 1: Is you know the Restaurant?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I was like, oh wait, they that on Glee, Yeah, and I had never heard it. I was like, yeah, I know who they are.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And one of the I'm telling moments I love. I had this photo when you were doing New York State of Mind. There's a photo that with somebody took that's a professional photo and it's all the fans wearing the Warbler jackets and ties throwing diamonds.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: You and I used to do that all the time. Yeah, And I love it because kids aren't holding phones up, so it was like one of those last years before phone came out with pictures, before everybody had their cameras up, and all the girls have their you know, the diamonds up and they've got their Warbler ties on.
Speaker 2: I love that because I started doing that and I was like, I don't know if I can like steal this from Jazon whatever, And I didn't know if like any of the audience was going to know what it was. And then I remember you coming up to me after one of those shows be like that was so cool. All these little kids doing like the rock and I'm like, it's wild, isn't it great? SOB, I have no idea what it is. That's like I would geek out, and I'm sure we all did with you because you'd worked with everyone. When you would tell some of those stories like wash The Throne was one of my favorite shows I've ever been to. I went twice in LA.
Speaker 3: And one of the best shows I've done.
Speaker 1: That show was so.
Speaker 2: And it was Oh that show was game changing, and I just remember I would have to stop myself from asking you too many questions because I didn't want to, like be annoying, but I was just obsessed. Were texting some of my friends like she didn't watch the Throne tour, just just what this said that? And it was just unreal because you worked with all of our favorites. Did you notice a difference, because like when you were Normally people you work with are going on tour of their own, like choosing, it's their career, They're going out there to promote their music. We were in a very different position. We were contracted. We were actors who were going on to promote a show that we were on, but did not create it's a very different dynamic. Did you notice any difference, Like, for example, by the time we got to London and half of us lost our minds because I just want to go home, I'm like out. Yeah, yeah, Like does that happen. I'm sure burnout happens in every tour, but if the artist is choosing to do it. And don't get me wrong, I love tour, but just coming into it from very different sides of it, did you notice a difference.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, yeah, because when you have the contracted artists that have to tour, they're not giving me the breaks you need. You're going right from filming right into I think you guys were doing what is the thing in New York the upfronts into rehearsals right into tour, so you're not even given time to catch your breath after doing how many episodes of the show you had, singing every single day, recording all the time. So when you come into our world, even though you love tour, like there were you know, the new characters that were coming out on tour that were like green and like this is amazing, this is so much fun, and then having to play you know, once you got caught up they were also getting tired. But I saw it with everybody. Everybody had their own version of it. But you know, there are some of the characters that just came into it already tired, already like kind of against being out there, especially the second Yes, but yeah, you see it all the time, but more so with you guys, because you didn't. I don't even think you had a break in between tour number one, going right back into filming, going into the big tour that happened that year. You know, set records on that tour.
Speaker 1: It was wild top.
Speaker 3: It was the top of all the charts. I mean, we were selling, we were breaking records for merch sales and venue. So I saw it happen a lot quicker on that second tour from some but then, yeah, you're right, by the time everybody got to London, you could just see everybody start to fall apart.
Speaker 1: Yes, everybody lost their minds a little bit.
Speaker 3: But even the musicians, the other artists, they're having to tourn out to make money, so you see it, they want a tour, most of them just have to be out there because that's really the book of the money that they're making.
Speaker 1: Now, Yes, exactly, You know you.
Speaker 3: Were you're an artist, and you can say, well, I don't want to do three in a row, I want to do two in a row, day off one. So there's plenty to at least try to call the shots on how.
Speaker 2: They do it.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: We were learning that with you, Like I didn't even realize because we were just like, yeah, this is what we have to do. I remember when we got demanded Chester, and I think it was like our first two consecutive days off maybe since we had left the West Coast, and you're like, well, normally you do have like three days on, one day off or two days off and for it, and we weren't really following that normal schedule. Oh And I was like, oh.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you've got somebody looking at a schedule, put in together what could potentially be made, and then they have to get it approved by more people because you have more people involved on your side from the network paramount, everybody having to sign off on all that.
Speaker 2: And we're only contracted for a certain amount of time, so it's like two x amount of shows to be profitable in this amount of time.
Speaker 1: Yet, and so we're going to do two shows in a day, you know, which was a surprise to us as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did you feel doing that? What was like showing up for matinee? Because I imagine you're used to, like normal Broadway show up later.
Speaker 3: It's like Broadway. It didn't bother me. I mean, we were there, we were we were staying for the day. It just made the load they might have loaded in the day before for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But gosh, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I'm I'm very lucky on that tour because I had Molly out as the assistant to assistant principle and then you know, she was great with the band and dancers.
Speaker 1: And a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Such a great crew though, didn't we team the war?
Speaker 3: Yes, the audio to everybody and then any of us got up on stage and danced with you.
Speaker 1: Yes, how much fun was that?
Speaker 2: That was also like we got permission from the parents to make Okay, you guys can get crazy this last show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we're going to be involved, because.
Speaker 1: I exactly people showed up in safety dance. People showed up and I want to hold your hand. People showed up and like me, it was so much fun.
Speaker 2: But you there was a report going back to somebody official somewhere after each show and I remember it was either you or jud or somebody's like, there's no report going back this time.
Speaker 3: No, that's not saying anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No.
Speaker 3: And there's maybe like one or two clips on YouTube. I think I looked, you know, Yeah, yes I do. I have some. I have some really cute ones from Yeah, and that was so much fun. I just and that's like even on Dancing with the Stars, I got up at one of the shows and put on one of Sheryl Burke's outfits.
Speaker 1: And amazing hot out you know, but because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just my little fifteen seconds of Hurrah Hurrah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you have any favorite venues like or specific shows that you've gotten to tour manage that? Yeah, you always think about I've been.
Speaker 3: I mean I always think about the Glee tour. I think those, to me are the most memorable because we went through a theater tour to some of the biggest shows I've ever done with you guys, and the fact that I've stayed from and close with you guys for so long after you know, I miss Corey every day, every Naya the same, you know, because I talked for a ton and Corey was just you know, it was really special for one of them, you know, but that tour, I don't know. I just look and people go, oh my god, you did Glee, Like they get really excited. Well is that like? And I'm like, oh, it was a blast because it was fun, Like we wanted to make it fun. We had fun, We had pranks on each other backstage, we were always we just had a good time. It was a good era, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel like it was built out to be fun, like, yeah, take a load off, it's gonna be hard.
Speaker 1: But like, yeah, we had xboxes, you know, yeah, we did at.
Speaker 3: Least yeah smart trying to do whatever we especially on those Mattine days to kind of keep us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there are Monday We ask everybody on the podcast before at the end, what is the feeling that Glee leaves you with.
Speaker 3: When you look when I look at a tour and I look at the beginning and the end of it, that was That's a very proud moment for me because I'm proud of what we did in that short period of time. I'm proud of the records we said. I'm proud of working with Jared polines Off at that time and working with Paramount. I just you know, it all meshed together really well. I'm proud of who you all have become. I'm proud to say that I got to be your mom on that tour because it was such a unique moment and it never going to be recreated again. No one's ever going to be able to do that, you know, but I was very proud of it. I was very proud of that tour. I'm proud of our team. Yeah, I'm proud of you kids.
Speaker 2: Working out of you. Are you kidding me? The things you have done and the experiences you've been able to help make happen for millions of fans around the world, because it takes someone like you to put those shows together, and that affects the people who go on stage, that affects the morale of everyone. And you know, when you're at a show, you can feel that energy from the people on stage. And you made us better, You made the experience. Look, I know we could be a handful, and you made it as easy as possible for all of us. It made it a joy. And you know, thank god you were that was hired, because I don't know what we would have done without you.
Speaker 1: Would have a different experience.
Speaker 3: That's definitely my forte is doing tours like that. So yeah, I'm glad that there was nobody who could compete me with me at that time.
Speaker 2: Specialist that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: People, that's sort of thing. Well, we love you, Angie. It was so good to see you.
Speaker 3: It's so good to see you too.
Speaker 1: Joining us time.
Speaker 3: I am honored. Bye guys, Oh.
Speaker 1: Angie, it's so good to see her. It's like such a specific amount of time that we spent with her, and it was fairly short to feel so close to her, do you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean. Yeah, But it's a pattern with us, yeah, or it may be a pattern I think with the entertainment business where you have these these very intense situations and I think you experience a lot. It's like when you go travel with a friend, even if you go travel for a week, you've now made these specific memories that only the two of you can recall together. And we're doing these sort of very extraordinary things in multiple countries. And like how we were with a lot of our crew that we've had on and Telly and Megan, when we found our people, we all just like clung to each other and Angie is no exception, so it was like, oh, she's good people, She's taking care care of us and was really the curator of like a great time as well. It would not running the whole tour.
Speaker 1: It would not have been in the same experience without her.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, and we are just like if she worked on the TV show Bonded for Life.
Speaker 1: Bonded Forever. Yeah, that tour is a very very special, isolated time.
Speaker 2: I loved. I did not know. We keep a running total of how many almost secret and special relationships Corey had with people.
Speaker 1: Yes, every person comes on here and we learned something about how nice he was to them, how good he was taking them to lunch like Sam Marson going to coffee beats at Angie like he it wasn't show for him, like that's who he was.
Speaker 2: He really running on Beyonce hours, like there's more hours in a day for Beyonce, and Corey was the same way, and he was making time to spend with people connect. Yeah, thank you, Angie, we love you so much. Thanks for coming on. And I love that she still has all the Glee stuff, the principal office sign.
Speaker 1: And I love that it's like one of the more and of her like fondest tour memory. It's like she thinks about please.
Speaker 2: That means a lot. She's been on everything.
Speaker 1: Literally, she's worked with everybody. She's worked with everybody, the Watch and the Throne. Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: And I like she says, like us and BTS are up there for her. That's love.
Speaker 1: You love that?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, thanks for listening you guys. I hope you enjoyed that episode. Angie. Thank you, Angie. We love you. And that's what you really missed.
Speaker 2: Ye, thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and That's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time,