Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it is Wednesday, June eleventh, on what is now officially the fifth week, day twenty one of testimony in the Didty trial. Welcome everybody to this episode of Amy and TJA, where we continue to be your one stop shop to get your pot up on everything going on in the Didty trial and robes. Usually when we record these, we're able to say testimony is going on as we're recording. This is different today than getting a later start in course, so there won't be any highlights to come out of it this morning, Yes, we won't.
Speaker 2: We'll only have actually a very truncated afternoon session because the jury has been staying late to try and get in all of this insane testimony from Jane Ditty's ex girlfriend. And so yeah, they're starting at one pm and he said the judge said they are going to end no later than four pm. They've been extending to five pm some days to try and get it all in. No word on why they're starting later this morning though, maybe just.
Speaker 3: Giving them a little bit of a break.
Speaker 1: We know there was nothing official from anybody in the courtroom for is taking place. But to your point as well, it's we got to point out. This is the witness that's been on the stand. Now, Jane, this will be now, I mean tomorrow, it'll be a full week, a full week that she has been on the witness stand. And was she not the one they were trying to get out of there? She had somewhere to go, something to something to do.
Speaker 2: They said an international flight on Thursday afternoon, and yet we heard from defense attorneys yesterday saying they're going to need all day tomorrow to continue their cross examination. So no word if she's got like an eleven pm international flight. You know, sometimes they are late at night on Thursday, so she might be able to actually be on the standard will three pm and then make her way to Newark or JFK and get out of Dodge.
Speaker 1: Literally, that sounds crazy to do that. And look, they are trying to be accommodating. A lot of people might look at this and we even question, like, wait a minute, this is this important, and why with somebody's vacation or international flight, whatever they have to do, shouldn't they move everything else. Well, it's nice that maybe the government is trying to be accommodating, or the judge at least is trying.
Speaker 2: To maybe Jane has learned through all of these experiences boundaries, and she said, hey, here's mine. I'm leaving on Thursday night.
Speaker 1: And they get smack her with a Pacinka sabbena as soon as they wanted.
Speaker 2: To after that area, probably not good to draw your first boundary with the federal goverm federal.
Speaker 1: But of course we are talking about Jane again. She's a very very important key witness for the prosecution. Obviously, she is one of four victims that they are basing their case against Diddy on. She is testifying under that pseudonym Jane to protect her identity. She is someone who was dating. I guess this is fun dating.
Speaker 2: That's a very I don't know if that term is appropriate.
Speaker 1: You know what, I thought this was good. I don't know if we got into it. The defense and talking to her on the stand, said she was there for love and he was there for desire, like they had two different things they wanted out of that relationship. She and Sean Combs, and he just wasn't to her what she was to him. And she talked about continuing to love this man.
Speaker 2: As she's testified, and she said their relationship was private versus he had public relationships while he was with her, and that fueled a lot of jealousy. And that's what the defense is going for right now. They are trying to make the case that what she's testified to and her anger and resentment and feelings now come from a place of jealousy, not from coercion, not from anything criminal, but because she was jealous.
Speaker 3: She was jealous.
Speaker 1: She was They are trying to portray her as some kind of a gold digger or a clinger on her if you will, yes, that you were getting something. Again, they are making the point that she was getting something out of this relationship. Apparently there was something financial plenty that we have gotten into. But she continues and again, she was on there for several days with direct examination from the prosecution, but we knew things were going to change. You're going to look a little different, sound a little different. Once the defense got up there and it was all day a cross examination, and they kind of did do what they were trying to do, chip away at this idea that she couldn't get away, that she was scorse, that she didn't have an option, and they did this through text messages and some video messages. Excuse me, some audio messages, voicemails that showed that she was sometimes a willing enthusiastic and even had a say in a lot of what happened in these free.
Speaker 2: Costs, a say in who perhaps the escorts might be, certain male escorts that she liked better than others, So she had choices in terms of who she was having sex with in front of Ditty. But so many other details came out. You talked about how the defense was trying to set into record that she was a gold digger, that she got something financially, significantly financially out of this. She apparently went from a fourteen hundred square foot apartment to a fifty three hundred square foot home paid for by Ditty. One of the more contentious exchanges between Ditty's defense attorneys and Jane was involving a bag. It started out because I talked about that jealousy. She was jealous about one of the girlfriends receiving a Chanel bag, and so Ditty's attorney said, did you get a Chanelle bag as a gift from Ditty? And she said no, I only got trauma. But then the defense attorney pointed out that she got a botakea bag what is a botakea bag. Jane's response was, I'm sure you have one. The defense attorney said she did not, and then she asked how much does a botaga bag cost? And Jane said, how much does my body cost? So there was a little bit of contentious back and forth when I think Jane realized what they were trying to imply about her.
Speaker 1: Well, they implied it without saying it directly, but they were as close to the line as you could get. They're trying to tell the jury, Look, this is a woman who was there willingly, she was getting all of this out of it, and now she doesn't like how something went, and she's telling all these wild stories.
Speaker 3: Now they haven't gone as.
Speaker 1: Far as they've gone on some witnesses and saying they're not suggesting she's making necessarily things up. But the characterization of her relationship from listening to her being talked to by the prosecution versus being her a question by the defense are two starkly different experiences, and that is what they're trying. So any of that is going to what confuse a duror at least give a juror some doubt about the stories they're hearing. But the point being was she there willingly or not. That has everything to do with the racketeering and the sex trafficking, the sex trafficking case. That's everything it is.
Speaker 2: And to that point, the defense had her read some wildly explicit text messages that most news outlets reported that they couldn't report. It was too salacious, it was just too much to put into writing. But we did get a few of those that were out there, and I don't know what are we willing to even say here on this podcast about what some of those text messages were where it showed Jane, like you said, enthusiastically participating or talking about participating in upcoming freak offs.
Speaker 1: Look, if folks you can go try to track these down or read them yourself. But it's not I would argue ropes. I think a lot of people in their personal lives might talk to their.
Speaker 3: Lover that way.
Speaker 1: A news outlet is not used to printing some of that stuff. But I'm just trying to give a sense to the listener here that you were not talking about some outlandish Where did they get that? I've never heard of that before type language. It was just crude, it was vulgar. It was it was eroji, it was profane, It was two people talking about having sex.
Speaker 2: The point being that Jane seemed like she was really into it. Yes, in her text messages.
Speaker 3: Seemed it was. I mean, it was clear.
Speaker 1: The same point you make about text messages that were written years ago when people what was their mindset at the time when they're explaining some pain they're in or some trauma or experience.
Speaker 3: Well, how do you take these now?
Speaker 1: If she wrote these a year, two year, three years ago, does that not give her, give us, give the jury an idea in real time where her head was.
Speaker 2: Does it not do yes? And she claims that she wrote those texts and exchanged those types of texts and voicemails with Diddy because she didn't want him to feel rejected. She is maintaining that she still didn't want to do any of these things, but she knew the only way she could see him and be around him was if she agreed to it, and so she agreed to it enthusiastically only to make him excited about seeing her. So she was manipulating him. And she's admitting that on the stand that she didn't really feel the way she said she felt in those texts, she was only doing it to keep him with her.
Speaker 1: Okay, but does that tell the jury that she was doing it consciously, yes, willingly, Yes, had a means to an end. There was a purpose to what she was doing. So does that mean non con sexual consensual? Excuse me, it was flipball co sexual.
Speaker 2: That could be a new term. Actually in this was it conseexual? No, we don't. We don't need any new terms. But no, I think that from what I read, it doesn't. I think the defense is doing an excellent job at showing the jury that she, at least in terms of what Combe was receiving from her, seemed as though she was not only willing but excited to participate in some of these freak offs. Now, we did see other texts that the the prosecution talked about in her direct testimony, where she clearly was telling him she did not want to do it anymore, that she felt awful about herself and about the experience. So we've seen those texts too. But if the defense is trying to show jurors, hey, how would did he have known half the time she was telling him she was into it, She was excited about it, She couldn't wait to see him, She couldn't wait to do all the things they had planned to do. So that's fairly damning, I would have to say.
Speaker 1: You know, she does, in her testimony over the past hour day, seemed like someone who like genuinely did care for this guy, and so well, she claims she still does, but she says she cared enough to that point there she felt responsible for him, she explained, because he was revealing himself in these freak offs, in these private moments, how vulnerable he was. She took them as what an honor for me that he has let me into these, So now I have to take care of him. He's in a vulnerable state, so I need to make sure he's okay. And she went as far, she claims robe as to start researching, start looking into why a man would be into seeing somebody he cared about, somebody he was dating have sex with another man. I thought that was interesting that she took it, because, to be honest with you, I don't get it. I think a lot of people don't get that particular kink or whatever it's proclivity.
Speaker 3: I don't know. But she looked into it.
Speaker 2: And she talked about that specifically on the stand, and I, man, I'm learning things that I didn't know. She said. She with her research discovered that Diddy was a cuck, which is aluckl.
Speaker 1: That's something we've seen now that word is out there, we're used to that. Yeah, what that means, But she says, she turned it into something and started using the word she cuck shortened it.
Speaker 2: Yes, so she said, because a cock derives pleasure seeing his woman derive pleasure from another man.
Speaker 1: And that's where we usually stop and go, Okay, we've heard a similar definition. That makes sense, But she continued, do you do have the exact quote?
Speaker 2: I do? She well, She continued to say that cucks could also have by curiosity that they are too ashamed to ex experience themselves, so they use the woman, their woman to venture or to at least explore this curiosity without actually doing the act itself. So he wanted his girl to have sex with another man in lieu of him having sex with another man, and he derived pleasure from watching that because he himself wasn't willing to have sex.
Speaker 3: With the man. That is what she testified.
Speaker 1: That was a direct quote you delivered, and that was kind of an eye opening moment because why a lot of people just why look, people are into what they're into.
Speaker 3: There's no judgment there.
Speaker 1: Which you're doing in whatever dark room, as long as you're not hurting yourself or anybody else, knock yourself out. But we heard repeatedly about him sitting in a corner and masturbating while he watched the woman he was in a relationship have sex with one, two, three guys at times in a night.
Speaker 2: And interestingly, she testified to this that if he found out that she might have been or could have been hooking up with another man while he wasn't there, he went into jealous rages. So it wasn't even about the idea that it was something he wanted to watch. He wanted to experience and that gave him sexual pleasure, which is very specific, and I think a lot of light bulbs went off. It made sense to me for the first time because none of it really did up until she described it that way.
Speaker 1: It really wasn't. Oh, and who's to say if that's actually the case?
Speaker 3: Whatever? Did he's into? Did he's into?
Speaker 1: But that gave really I am And wasn't she the one that testified as well that he only wanted to have sex with her after yes, watching her sex have sex with That's.
Speaker 2: The only way that he would want to actually have sex with her is after he saw her have sex with another man.
Speaker 1: Well, again, these folks are into what they're into. But she again, why would she keep doing this? She talked about it being ninety percent of the time that they were to together.
Speaker 3: Was a freak off.
Speaker 1: But she said this, She talked it was almost I'm only able to read it, we can only read it, but softly and sweetly about these intimate moments like this was the time I got to be with him.
Speaker 2: They said. She was smiling, smiling, and that's damning for the prosecution. If she is recalling these freak offs now speaking with the defense attorney under cross examination with loving energy and a smile on her face. That's not a victim crying and ashamed and tortured. It's the defense is doing an excellent job. I think I'll just leave it at that. I'm no legal expert, but certainly if you're watching this as a layman, that is what jurors are doing. So they're not legal experts either. So actually, the way we're watching this, the way we're reading this is I think, probably a decent idea of what a lot of jurors may be thinking and feeling.
Speaker 1: The only upside we are getting is we do have the advantage of we can go look up and we can go talk to legal experts to break this stuff down for us, who are telling us that, yes, the defense has been doing a good job with his winners. The juror doesn't have anybody to break it down for them. They're not supposed to read, watch, talk nothing about this trial, so they have to do your point. They are as lay as lay people get. They get no by you to tell.
Speaker 2: You're not sequestered. Right. I can't even imagine you are now sitting on the biggest case the world is watching, and the details are as salacious as any trial I have ever seen. Get and you're not talking to anyone about it. That seems wild.
Speaker 3: You think you could come home to me.
Speaker 2: Everybody tells one person. That's my theory, No matter what, no matter what secret you're told at work or by your best friend or whatever, everyone tells one person, and usually it's the person you're in a relationship with, and then that person tells one person.
Speaker 3: Essentially that means everybody's going to help.
Speaker 1: That's what I think.
Speaker 2: That's just that's just my, yes, non expert opinion about how things are past life and around.
Speaker 1: Look, this is the last one. You'll see a lot of headlines about this. But we'll just tell you again the trifecta. Yes, they've talked. We almost know the names. That was what the punisher? That was Anton. There's a Paul, there's a Don, there's a Sly. Why in God's name am I right now able to reel off the names of that many male escorts.
Speaker 2: Yes, because there's Cabral too. Don't forget about Cara.
Speaker 1: I wanted to save Cabral for the Big Nights.
Speaker 2: So was the showstopper. Oh yeah, he was the grand finale and the game over situation, the big boom. These are all the names that they were giving Cabral.
Speaker 1: Cabral also the one that tried to blackmail them.
Speaker 2: I don't know who which which name was trying to get I thought you thought it was Anton, but maybe it.
Speaker 3: Was Anton is a dependable fellow.
Speaker 2: There he was reoccurring.
Speaker 1: But at this one about all these male escorts, they had one in particular that they really liked. His name is Paul, and I said the three of them did. He and Jane had such a good chemistry going that they call themselves the Trifecta. They had a nickname for themselves, and they did I don't know if it's role playing, is it the right way to say it, but they did a little something which they had names for each other.
Speaker 2: Yes, So Jane was Kobe, Paul was Shack, and Diddy was Jordan. I gut as in as in yes as Kobe, Bryan, Shaquille O'Neal and Michael Jordan. Sorry, I didn't think those names needed clarification, but just in case, fine.
Speaker 1: Because you would hear that and go, wait, what, Well, she's not really talking about Wait what is it?
Speaker 2: Was it just in name? There was like and again I don't know that I want a visual, but I'm just curious the basketball. The reason why they used basketball grades we was just because they're goats, because they're amazing at what they do, and so that's why they took on those names. I don't I can't imagine how role playing would come into play when it came to having sex.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't want to know. Actually into it might ruin basketball for me, or might ruin sex for.
Speaker 1: You, could be far worse. I don't get it. Look we are. There has been a horrific testimony and details in this trial, but some of these things you really just your jaws drop. You're not supposed to know this stuff about somebody's life. Again, knock yourself out, but you're just not supposed to know. That's the one that's going to get a lot up and has been getting a lot of headlines. Why Diddy wanted to call himself Michael Jordan during a threesome with his girlfriend and another man, a man that he was referring to as who was shack again?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, Shaq was Paul? I think, yes, Shaq was Paul.
Speaker 3: And she's Kobe.
Speaker 1: And that detail came out and it's one that all the reporters in the room immediately wrote about.
Speaker 2: It was headline grabbing for sure, and that wasn't just clickbait because there was truth to it. I mean, it's one of those headlines where you think, nah, this can't be real, and lo and behold it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one you didn't have to try on. You didn't have to try to come up with something clever, just right, the headline, did he used to call himself Michael Jordan during sex?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: So yeah.
Speaker 2: So cross examination continues today for a couple hours and then reportedly all day tomorrow, So we'll see where the defense goes. But certainly they have I think they've done what they've accomplished or what they set out to do. They've accomplished what they set out to do, which was to certainly bring a question into juror's minds as to whether or not Jane was there willingly and profited handsomely, handsomely for it.
Speaker 1: And again, as she testifies again today, her rent is being paid by the defendant, Her attorney's fees are being paid by the defendant. Didty is still paying for all that with her? Again, that's got to be something that stands out in juror's minds one way or another.
Speaker 3: How don't know.
Speaker 2: And she reiterated that she loves him still and that also has to have an impact on jurors as well. So we will continue to give you all the updates what happens in this Manhattan courtroom today and the days that follow. Thank you, though for listening to us, and we hope you have a wonderful day. Everybody