Speaker 1: One more thing, because I think this will play well into our next guest. John Hayman wrote, congratulations to the Carolina Panthers for reaching the playoffs with an eight and nine record. If MLB ever had a team in the postseason with a four to seventy one winning percentage, they'd never hear the end of it. And there were great comments because there were tons of football fans going after him, but then they were baseball fans countering that would be the A's or the Braves this past season making it to the playoffs.
Speaker 2: This apems a lot of foot teventy six win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it happens in football, but he was just saying they would be uproar in baseball, and I do agree.
Speaker 3: I think they would three win. Two thousand and six Cardinals won the World Series.
Speaker 1: They were about five hundred, and that's the one example that was brought up. The other examples were crap. People were bringing up a ton of twenty twenty examples like Brewers and Astros. I'm like twenty twenty really, and then also the week one that I saw for many there were like there are plenty of stretches where teams go eight to nine in baseball I'm like, that is completely irrelevant, Like just them.
Speaker 4: That would be like a football team going one and two, not even let's see seventeen, that's about a tenth. So that'd be like a team going one and one, going too and you're like, oh, no, they can't make the playoffs because they went on.
Speaker 3: Too every no idea.
Speaker 5: What we're talking about, right, the Jets.
Speaker 4: I mean if they compared the Jets to a baseball team, that'd be like, they never make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, then you know what, it's perfect timing to bring in our next guest who likes that team. Here he is, Vinnie Pasquentino joining us right now. We might start there, dude, do you think that how you doing? First of all as your offseason? Then I'll get to what we were just talking about.
Speaker 5: Going very well, progressing the way i'd like it too. The football season is over for the Jets, so I can relax now.
Speaker 6: They got the way to pick.
Speaker 3: By the way, do you see what I'm holding up? A zero? Their team had zero interceptions for the whole year.
Speaker 4: That's impossible to have and you have a defensive guy as the coach.
Speaker 3: How do you have Sorry, I know it's a baseball show. But they had zero.
Speaker 4: You would think like a gaball would get deflected and somebody would catch one.
Speaker 3: Somewhere.
Speaker 5: There's a stat about the It's like a stat that said, like who am I?
Speaker 6: And it gave a list.
Speaker 5: Of stats that all the quarterbacks combined had what their numbers were against the Jets. It was like thirty six touchdowns to zero interceptions, like whatever, a thirteen and three record, fourteen and three record. The guy would have won the MVP if you could have just played against the Jets every week.
Speaker 6: It was pretty embarrassing.
Speaker 5: Defensive head coach, no interceptions, playing man defense with like fourth string cornerbacks.
Speaker 6: It's it was fun fun to watch. I'm glad it's over.
Speaker 7: Where does that equate to baseball? Where does that equate to baseball?
Speaker 3: Jet?
Speaker 6: We talked about it this morning.
Speaker 5: That exact example would be like having like Hia guys come up to the big leagues and not bunt or do anything and just tell to just go bang like it's just not going to happen. It's not that they're bad players, it's just they're not ready for it just yet.
Speaker 3: But what is uh?
Speaker 4: What was the game where the Jets blocked the field goal? Was it the Bucks game and they thought they were gonna win and Aaron Glenn ran down the sidelines and then the guy and they baker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was oh man, I.
Speaker 6: Feel you have to watch that one.
Speaker 5: Nothing works out because we were still playing.
Speaker 6: So it's fine, it's fine. I'm over it.
Speaker 5: The season is long in the rear view now and we're excited to look forward.
Speaker 1: Good to tie this into baseball, Vinnie, do you think that MLB fans would go nuts if a team made the playoffs with a sub five hundred record like we see in football.
Speaker 6: Well, fans go nuts for anything.
Speaker 5: When the one seeds make it to the World Series, it's because they spend too much money and they buy the wins. If a six seed makes it to the World Series, it's because they didn't have a buye and they were you know, they were continuing to play. So it doesn't matter what you do, say or react to anything. People are going to complain. So you just got to keep moving forward and know that people are going to complain no matter what.
Speaker 1: Yes, they will find a way and actually embrace the complain because it just means that they're passionate and they're fans.
Speaker 6: Right, fanatic? Right?
Speaker 5: Isn't that some the definition of fans fanatic? They just go crazy for everything as they should.
Speaker 1: Yes, well on that topic, I mean, obviously you're a big deal in Kansas City and you love Kansas City. But maybe you love Kansas City too much. Now I think we have the video of this, so it sounded like you were adopting a real football team temporarily and then that didn't work out for you either. This is you on FS one saying that you're officially a Chiefs fan, and I was told that since you did that, they went three and eight. We're not superstitious, We're not blaming the Chiefs destruction on you, but is it disheartening to adopt a new team that then falls apart?
Speaker 5: So all you can do is go with the data that has been provided to you, and me being a fan of your team is bad news. I have supported the Chiefs for years, gone to plenty of games, gone to many of playoff games, but this was the first year that I publicly, like on national TV, said I'm all in on the Chiefs and this is what happens. So I would not want me to root for your football team basically publicly. So yeah, it's been tough. It's been tough. I'd like to just see some winning football for a team that I like, and it's gonna happen one day. I'm going to keep the faith, and you know, we just keep faith.
Speaker 4: Two things, to get the priests that bust the field for the Steelers last night to come to the Jets and just bless their locker room maybe.
Speaker 3: And second of all, can we show that clip again?
Speaker 4: I want to know who has the worst look, you or Nick Right in that video, because you have your look. You're going for the Nick Right haircut and look right there in this video, like what's happening there?
Speaker 5: I wish I would have tied my hair up that day. I didn't realize how to the side it looked. I thought like when I left makeup, it was backed, and then I guess I had shook my head or something and it completely moved to the side. Not my best, not my best to look. But but as you can see, I cut my hair rectified the situation. Yeah, so we're going short hair now, don't have to worry about anything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but isn't strom gonna be pissed that you were on the same show as him. It looked like Matt Strom and now you guys got him back with the Royals, Like yeah.
Speaker 3: Like, is he gonna have to cut his hair?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 7: Is that is that a Royals thing this year? Like are you guys all Samson locks or getting taken off.
Speaker 6: India?
Speaker 5: Cut his hair? So he's got short hair now, I've got short hair now. So Strom is the only one that I can think of that has long hair. So yeah, you know, he'll have to adjust. Maybe we're gonna make We're gonna become the Yankees and short hair. We do what we did in the minor leagues. Short hair, no beard, wear your socks up. I just go back to nothing but rules. Yeah, just as many rules as human possible We're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Is that why Curtaro got an extension? Because he said, no TV, no fun, all rules, cut your hair, and then they signed him to a three year extension with an option.
Speaker 3: I mean, is that why what they needed?
Speaker 6: That's right?
Speaker 5: We just yeah, he also came out. I just saw it before I got on the show. I checked my Twitter. He told me that I called him and told him, you're welcome. Uh, that is not how that conversation went well. He goaded me into telling him you're welcome. I said congrats, and he's like, oh, really, I should be saying thank you to you. And I said, yeah, okay, you're welcome. So that was a good thing.
Speaker 6: That was a good.
Speaker 5: He looked it sounded like I called him, was like, hey man, you're welcome.
Speaker 6: Congrats.
Speaker 5: Actually that is an extension you just got.
Speaker 4: That is what you actually should have done. You should have been you're welcome for my second half. So therefore, you know, now I'll take a little pay a little cut of that pay raise you just got.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if I'm going to say you're welcome for my second half, I better apologize for my first half. So that's why I just I just stay out of all those conversations.
Speaker 2: We've got qu later this week, so we'll talk to him.
Speaker 5: Actually, i've got you tomorrow. He's coming to see me tomorrow. So you guys have him this week. I have him tomorrow. We'll see how that can.
Speaker 3: Where are you watch? Where are you located?
Speaker 6: I'm in Nashville, Tennessee.
Speaker 3: He's gonna watch.
Speaker 4: He's not really Yeah, he's not really coming to see you. He's really coming to to go to Broadway. I mean, let's be serious. Yeah, he's just pretty much. I think he's flying in tomorrow morning and then flying out, so we'll see. I'm gonna put him through the ringer tomorrow. I might make him work out too, and yeah.
Speaker 7: What's he gonna do? What's he gonna do?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 7: Is he gonna spot you on the bench? Is he gonna like? Is he gonna hold your hips while you while you backsquash?
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 6: Whatever?
Speaker 5: Whatever he can handle, we're gonna find out. I might make him hit some fungos.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see, are you gonna.
Speaker 6: Am I gonna have him do what.
Speaker 4: Call balls and strikes when your dad throws VP to you because the other day with you and your.
Speaker 5: Dad, Yeah, and objectively speaking, that was a ball. Like the fact that what I almost had a reply like to everybody tweet where I wanted to say, this is how, this is why players should not look online after games because.
Speaker 6: People have no idea.
Speaker 5: There were so many people saying strike, so many people saying ball you won. You can't tell in the video because of depth perception, but there was people calling me like Buddy Pal, different derogatory like things to say to somebody being like that, take a seat, pal, grab some pine buddy, like Okay, First off, I had to explain we were doing live at bats. Second off, grow up, don't come you know, I'm just I'm just having a little bit of fun online. Don't need to be mean to me. It's you know, whatever, whatever it was a ball.
Speaker 2: That is what happens when you throw things out of me.
Speaker 4: They need a track man, dingy whatever the track man. Yeah, whatever the hell, They're all right, righty wherever you're doing that.
Speaker 6: I've been.
Speaker 5: I have recently dabbled into the world of TikTok. I still don't watch anything on it, but I post videos of me hitting and stuff like that on there so that there's an entire video of us doing live at bats and the second swing he makes me fall down. He still can't make me swing and miss, but I did maybe slip on the turf very slow curveball and fell all the way to my back, which was exciting. But I do have good video that I sometimes post, but that that day I was feeling froggy, so I posted some bad video.
Speaker 1: I like that, but everyone needs that so they can look at that and go look a big leaguer fell on a swing.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, like if if the ball cross film plate where I said it did, which is the picture on the left, and you think that that is a strike, which pratch, you might think it's a strike because you're a catcher and then live at bats, you guys, Oh, you're both catchers.
Speaker 7: A J.
Speaker 6: You're a catcher too.
Speaker 5: Sorry, you guys call everything strikes and live at bats, So maybe it would be then.
Speaker 7: But I think the A B S is going to protect me there. Oh you're excited about the A B S. A AJ is trying to look at it. AJ is like AJ had over two thousand hits. Yes, he caught, but he's definitely he's definitely more in the hitters.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to find the ball in that picture, Like, where's the ball that's the outside corner.
Speaker 3: Left shop.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's over the plate. I agree with it is one hundred percent over the plate. People too, there's definitely hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Is it a fastball a breaking ball? That's a breaking ball.
Speaker 6: It's a fastball. That's a ball that's up.
Speaker 7: Get the bat off your shoulder and swing one time. This is the off season. This is when you start like expanding your zone one time, Vinny.
Speaker 6: That's right, that's what.
Speaker 5: But the funny part in the video is a lot of people in Kansas City like to at me because my walk rate has steadily gone down every single year. But then my second or third at bat on the video I posted, I walked, and I look at the camera. I'm like, people in Can't City, you are going to like that because it's all that matters nowadays. Fellas you look at all the data, you look at all that just walk you walk, That increases your floor apparently by a ton. Do a lot of damage. Doesn't really matter, but I talk about that all the time.
Speaker 3: Walk and steal bases.
Speaker 4: Walk and steal basis the more if you steal ten bases, your war goes up like four runs. Just because you stole ten bases, even though it could be fifteen to nothing and you're stealing third with two outs and they're not watching you.
Speaker 3: Doesn't try to be more positive.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to be more positive, so I don't want to get into war or else I might have a panic attack.
Speaker 3: So, by the way, more positive.
Speaker 4: And you know Eric greg Is, he said that pitch was not even like close to being a ball. If you saw the ninety seven game with the Braves and the Marln like that was that was like right down the middle then that game.
Speaker 3: So you're like arguing the wrong way here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right, that's right. Shit, Yeah, I can't win them all.
Speaker 7: Was Vinnie was born in ninety seven a that game of that game, just like he was. He was a baby, like literally a baby in the month of October. So that doesn't apply. That game doesn't apply. But he's probably seen the highlights. But those highlights of your dad thrown to you. How often have you done that? Because so many times people are like, oh, man, you know, I want to take a couple of pitches and BP and I just want the ball. Can you just get it right down the middle? How many How long have you been doing that? And obviously you own your dad because you're a big leaguer and he's not, But how long have you been doing that?
Speaker 6: Uh? We've been going live like that my entire life.
Speaker 5: Like, to be honest, I think it's one of the reasons that I am able to control my swing and miss because my entire life we've been doing these at bats where he's trying to make me as uncomfortable as humanly possible. His face quote, especially what I'm not hitting well is you can't walk your way out of a slump. So he's always like the point of the the point of the live at bats is like, be aggressive, get your pitch, let it rip, and then get to two strikes and just be a prick.
Speaker 6: So like, that's kind of what I learned my entire life with him was.
Speaker 5: Basically, just try to do some damage or less than two strikes, and you get the two strikes, be a prick. And so the goal he has always tried to beat me one but to make me swing and miss, which he hasn't done in a few years. And we just have a good time with it. We try to keep it light. We talk a lot of a lot of crap to each other, Like there's points where we are yelling at each other, as you can imagine too strong minded people trying to get one up on each other.
Speaker 6: So we have a good time with it. And he lives right down the road now.
Speaker 5: He's a coach at spring Hill High School here in Nashville, so he's got a field that we can get to whenever we want, and the weather's been pretty nice, so we get out there.
Speaker 6: I might text him and try to get out there today. See see what I got for him?
Speaker 3: Very nice. I love it.
Speaker 4: Like my son talks shit to me all the time. He just told me that he could beat me in a home run derby right now, and I said, listen, I haven't. I haven't touched a bat in like five plus years. Actually made fun of me because I played for the Savannah Modanas and I hit a ground ball right, and I hadn't touched a bat for like five years, right. And he's like, he's like, I'll beat you a home un derby. And I'm like, listen, you don't want that smoke, Okay, you just don't. You never forget how to do it right.
Speaker 3: So it's fun.
Speaker 4: It's fun to have father son little shit talking back and forth.
Speaker 3: I'm all for it. Here's my question for You're playing.
Speaker 4: For Team Italy right in the WBC this year coming up is Jack cagleone?
Speaker 3: Is he going to be on that team with you?
Speaker 4: And can you figure out how to get that gigantic Italian guy to hit? Because he was unbelievable Florida. Now can you get him to figure it out with Kansas City please.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, we're working on it. So one.
Speaker 5: I do believe he's playing on Team Italy. I think it's been confirmedially, but he's playing. I've been working the phones pretty heavy, so I'm laughing thinking about some of the people that I've called and things that I've done to try to get him on the team.
Speaker 3: But it's, uh, can we can we get some? Can we get?
Speaker 5: Like there's a certain there's a there's a certain young left fielder or right fielder for the Boston Red Sox that I sent a voice memo to. I don't know him at all, sent a nice voice memo to of just describing the situation of him walking walking up to the plate playing for Team Italy.
Speaker 6: So we're still the phones.
Speaker 3: Are we talking about a guy named Roman?
Speaker 6: It's very Italian name. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it's going to be a very left handed hitter lineup. So I'd imagine we will be seeing some a lot of left handed pictures in the WBC. But we'll we'll see what happens. Ned Coletti's putting together a cool team. So he's working the phones all the time. I'm working the phones all the time, and we're we're looking forward to uh to breaking some hearts down in Houston.
Speaker 6: That's the that's the that's the goal.
Speaker 3: When do you play there?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 3: What do you know? Who do you guys play USA? Down there?
Speaker 6: And we do?
Speaker 5: So? I think it's I'm on that car. Oh you are so March six, seventh, ninth, and tenth, We've got I want to say it's Brazil, the UK, United States, Mexico. So I would imagine it's in the power rankings would be USA, Mexico and then the three of us right there. Yeah, I don't know how you would. I don't know how you would rank the three of us, but I'd imagine it's a top too heavy and then see what happens with the other three and maybe we find a way to do it again like we did in the last in the last classic, and find a way to advance.
Speaker 4: What was the voice memo that you left Roman? Like, how does that go? How does that phone call go? And then second, I want to know how did you get Mike Piazza fire? That's my because you guys had a good run of Mike Piazza is not coming back as a manager.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Blake, but Terra was on that staff. Blake was basically the manager of that team.
Speaker 3: Oh because Mike.
Speaker 4: I saw Mike no long ago and he yelled at me when I He's like, take it easy on my guy, Blake, but Terra and I was like, I think he's great. I don't know what you're talking about. So now that you say that, now it makes sense why Mike defended him so much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Blake is the man. Piazza is the man too. There was a lot of things that happened are in the front office, so to speak, for Team Italy. So yeah, some some things changed and and that's about it.
Speaker 6: That's that's all I really know.
Speaker 5: Some things changed and uh, and now it's a little bit of a different dynamic. But we're you know, we're really excited about having ned. We're really excited for Francisco Savelli to be the manager. I believe Jorge Pasada is on staff. Uh it's a he's not Italian, but he's he's gonna be there for to help out.
Speaker 6: So we are.
Speaker 5: We're excited about the opportunityy to go compete with the best.
Speaker 1: Make sure that you have a lead against Great Britain before you get to the ninth do you know who their closer is?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Is he playing or what?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I haven't checked recently.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to figure out how our rold As Chapman gets to Great Britain when he's from Cuba.
Speaker 3: Like that doesn't that does somehow that doesn't make sense?
Speaker 7: But tell him no, tell him no. Who's going to be the one to tell him no?
Speaker 6: Yeah, nobody's nobody. He can play for USA, I think if he wants.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Poppy, yeah exactly, just yeah, just bring him out there in the ninth and he'll finish the game for you. Yeah, we're going to try to hold a lead against the UK especially and try to keep him out of the game.
Speaker 6: That's that's a good plan.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm exactly. Well, we're looking forward to it, dude.
Speaker 1: Hey, one other Royals question for a we saw earlier this offseason, Mike call Garcia picked up a nice extension. Can you just tell the world a little bit more about him? Of course, we're a baseball show, so you got to mention probably not enough, but you know what's it like watching him this past year?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, anybody that had played with him knew that that was in there. I played with them like I played with them in rookie ball and then in High A and then a little bit in Triple A. So I had seen it, you know, back since twenty nineteen. He got all the tools. I mean, he's a because of who our shortstop is, obviously we have one. I mean, Mikel is an unbelievable shortstop too, so it's awesome to have. I mean, I think it would be fair to say we have the best left side in the league, not to begrudge anybody else, but especially defensively. I mean, two gold Glovers on one side of the field. That's pretty special. So Mikel's coming into his own. He got that nice, nice extension there, and he's going to be around for a long time. I mean, you've got two guys anchoring the left side of the left side of the enfield that are each like twenty five twenty six years old. So future in Kansas City is definitely bright with those guys. And everybody's really happy for him because Mikel's the man. He's been working so hard for so many years to you know, try to get something like this and be able to support his family better. And he was able to do it, so we're pumped for him. I can't wait to see I would imagine this is just going to help him get better, So it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 4: By the way, well, there's three things I have for you. One, next time I see you and I do a Royals game, don't big league me. I know you're watching ODU football last time, but I mean you wouldn't even look up.
Speaker 5: The Yeah versus Indiana, I would like to say Old Dominion versus Indiana, and they took him to the wire in the first half.
Speaker 6: I don't know Indiana number one team in the country.
Speaker 5: Sorry, sorry that I'm locked in on the Monarch.
Speaker 3: I mean, who isn't.
Speaker 4: I mean, you could have given me a thousand guesses and I never would have got their nickname. So I'm glad there's one Oduth. The other thing is, have they had any extension talks with you? And then also, can the Royals compete for the division with the Tigers and the Guardians and of course the White Sox this year?
Speaker 5: So I guess in order, yes, kind of not in a few years. So no, I mean it depends on how recently you're talking. But yes to an extent, but not really, and then I think we can compete for the division. And obviously the goal going into the year is that. I go back and forth on what the goal for going into the season is other than to win the World Series, because the goals to get into the playoffs, right, I mean wine into the playoffs. No, I'm saying like, no, I'm saying, like, obviously goal number one win the World Series, but win the Winning the division I think is really important. But I don't really have any reason to say that it's that important because you get into the playoffs anyway, So I guess the buye is important, but just getting in is the most important thing. But I think there's a lot of pride in winning your division, and that's what we want to do. We want to we want to go through this like we don't really want to play spoiler. We want to be on the other end of that where it's like, you know, this is our division, we want it, We're going to take it. I've never been in a position to win the division. I'd like to be in that spot. So in twenty four I think we had tied for the lead in the division at the end of August and then went on a little bit of a cold streak and you know we're out of it. So this year we went eighty two and eighty, but you know, we kind of got eliminated with a week to go and then it was just playing for pride at that point. So I think for us, goal one win the World Series and then goal to find a way into the playoffs. But I think like there's a secondary goal in there, which is like, you know, we want to be the Kings of the Central We want to go through the year, win the division, be able to celebrate that, and then you know, move towards the next goal of winning the World Series. So I think that I think that's just a mindset of we just want to go in and we want to be consistent every day, do what we need to do, and you know, look up at the end of the year and we're right where we want to be.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're not playing the season right now. What are the Royals need to do? What are the Royals need? Do we hear all the well, you know, JJ Piccolos, they need to add slug after the top four in your lineup. You know, it was a little bit of a downfall. How do you approach that question when asked like, what do you need to add because you guys added into you last year but you lost singer talk is hey, you know what, maybe you could lose another picture starting picture if you added some slug. Do you look at it that way? Do you look at it and go, Man, I love every one of my teammates, but I would love to see another dude that hits thirty plus like me.
Speaker 5: Well, I think publicly, and it's what I'm about to say, is I just work here.
Speaker 6: Hey, I know where I'm going to be in the lineup. I know I'm going to do my job every.
Speaker 5: Day, and I know that I need to go beee a good baseball player. But I think you look at it and you're like, okay, where where are ways that we can improve? And I think every single human being alive has thoughts on where a team or an organization can improve, and it just you try to find the right mix. It was clear that we were target being outfield at the end of the season with the moves that we've made with is it Isaac Collins? Is that how you say his first name? Okay, so it is just Isaac. I heard a different pronunciation of his first name, and I had no idea. I think that's what I heard, was like, like, I'm.
Speaker 1: It's greatest like parades, No Isaac Collins, Layne Thomas, Lane Thomas, not letting Wayne Thomas.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right, thank you.
Speaker 5: Oh and I and I also think and I didn't answer this question, and I'm sorry, but yes we are. We are working with Jack to unlock everything of his because it's some of the like some of the power that that guy has is.
Speaker 6: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: So it's kind of a funny spot for me because I'm grooming my replacement so to speak, as the as the next few years go on. But I love that role of being a guy that can hopefully help him unlock his potential and clean up on some of the decision making, because I think that was that was kind of the main point for him, was it was a little bit of overaggression. But I think I'd rather have that at this point of somebody's career than under aggression. He's ready to go up there every time. He's not scared. So for him, it's just it's honing in on the strike zone, honing in on the right, you know, picking your spots to try to do damage versus doing the job in front of you, and just kind of just kind of growing him as a player because he's got all the tools. Now it's just about, Okay, you're a few years and moved from college. Now you've been in the professional system. I just think he got rushed a little bit, but he deserved to be rushed, and I think this year will be a great year for him. Carter Jensen, if those are the two young guys that we got right now that I think that are really, you know, going to take that next step forward and help us out a lot.
Speaker 7: How much power I love when I hear players that like I don't see on a daily basis, when players are like in all of somebody else's power, how much power? Compare him to somebody you've seen we're talking about VP, so that.
Speaker 5: I don't have another person to compare it to, because like Salvi's got ridiculous power, but he doesn't hit outside all the time. I haven't seen a whole lot of other guys hit on the field, But in Saint Louis, he was hitting balls off of the grass in center field, like on a line. It was the dumbest thing I've ever seen like, I'm trying my best to just hit the ball out pull side, and he's hitting two irons off the grass, like the top of the grass in center field, and we're all just sitting like, what the the heck is going on? This doesn't even make sense. He's got the he's got the biggest hands I've ever seen. He's jacked like, he's got everything you want. And it'll happen. We're just waiting for it to happen. And when it does, it's gonna be Uh, it's gonna be special.
Speaker 2: He has been talking him up for years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, it's just it's known him and I've known him.
Speaker 3: I've known his fiance forever. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Actually ran into him in Florida, Georgia this year, but I don't remember, but I know I saw him. You know what was said. But I did talk to him.
Speaker 3: It was weird.
Speaker 4: I talked to him because he was at the Florida Florida played Jacksonville on Friday night before in baseball and he was there at the game, and I was like, what is he?
Speaker 3: But I guess, you know whatever. He went to see some of his old teammates and coaches and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you visit the team and say he is.
Speaker 3: He is gigantic, by the way, gigantic.
Speaker 4: And and listen, Vinnie, if you ever need somebody to come to Nashville for a couple of days and throw to you or you know you and rook and you know, maybe hit some VP with you guys work on your swings. I'm available, you know I. You know, I stayed dirt downtown, maybe in the gulch. I probably will be a Broadway I might also miss. I'd be like Johnny Manziel, just not show up to college game day because I was out too late. But at least I was there for a purpose and I can write it off as a work expense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's perfect.
Speaker 5: You do whatever you need to do, open invitations whenever you want.
Speaker 6: We'll be there. We uh.
Speaker 5: It's it's that time to start getting ready. So the vibes are pretty good in the in the in our facility this morning, me Brenda Donovan, Griff O'Farrell, who's a minor leaguer with the Orioles. We were getting after it. Group two, Jake Berger, Brandon Law, Carson d Martini who's a minor leaguer with the Phillies. We uh, we got some good things going here in Nashville, So it's a it's good. Rooker will be here in a few weeks. We've got it's a it's a fun group to be around BP and it gets it gets fucking loud in that cage, which is awesome. So it's a it's a great environment and I love it here, so come whenever you want.
Speaker 3: But by the way, I do have a question.
Speaker 4: Do you take time off after the season before you because you're talking about getting after it it's January fifth, did you take any time off?
Speaker 6: I took a month maybe.
Speaker 5: I I like hitting, so I just have a good time.
Speaker 6: Like I'm not always working on stuff.
Speaker 5: I just like I go out there with my dad or or whatever I'm doing, Like I'm not always working on something.
Speaker 6: Sometimes I just want to rotate a little bit. So I like off.
Speaker 5: But I don't love golf, uh So I don't get a lot of rotation in unless I'm hitting.
Speaker 6: So I just like doing it.
Speaker 5: So this I probably started hitting two weeks or so before Thanksgiving this year of just kind of getting in there moving around a little bit. But my body feels phenomenal right now, which I'm happy with. So it's uh, it's It's been a slower but longer build for me this year, and a lot of that has to do with the WBC, and I sucked mys WBC, and I prefer to be a little bit better this time. So I'm trying to figure out how to not be dogshit the first month of the season, and so I'm hoping maybe hitting a little earlier will help my timing a little bit, so then I could be a tick better in the month of this year. Look up my stats in the Dominican Republic. I don't think they'll have me back. So I got kicked off that island. I got kicked off that island so quick. So if I could just be in July and August all the time, I'm I'd be a pretty good player. Sadly, there are more months to the season than that, and we're and we're working on reckfining those issues and making it better all year round.
Speaker 3: Just do what I did, No hit until the spring training.
Speaker 4: Just go the whole off season, don't pick up a bat until the first day of spring training.
Speaker 3: I did it many times. Those were some of my best years.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe one day. I don't think I'm mentally tough enough to do anything like that. So I gotta I gotta feel somewhat good walking into spring.
Speaker 4: No, it made me feel better final season because I go.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I would go up there in my first spring swing and spring training, I'd be like, well, let's see how the season is gonna go.
Speaker 3: This year, I rolled it over and I was like, shit.
Speaker 2: AJ was living a movie. So keep doing your thing.
Speaker 6: You stay on the track.
Speaker 2: Many great to catch up dude. We're excited for the WVC. We'll catch you soon.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, appreciate it, guys. Thanks