Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Who Is a Rodent trend Mm hmmm, alternately who is a road trend Man? But that I feel like that would be hard to understand in a title Objeck that is miles bees are some things that are trending on this Wednesday afternoon?
Speaker 2: Wow? Okay, a little musical little yeah, shout out to you.
Speaker 1: So there is an article making the rounds from the New York Times.
Speaker 2: Oh well, yeah, the Gray Lady.
Speaker 1: So you've seen all the President's men, like everybody's all self serious in a newsroom, like smoking cigarettes, being like, we got to break the rodent man's story.
Speaker 2: So this is is like.
Speaker 3: A humanoid that's hunting that's been seen in the background.
Speaker 1: Of pictures like Thefman prophecy. Yeah, no, this is basically they've taken everybody knew somebody grown up though that people were like, okay, rat boy because they had big ears or you know, a certain face shape and.
Speaker 3: Know nothing about big ears.
Speaker 2: Yeah they neither.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they have taken that and been like, okay, uh, what if instead of calling them rat boy, which they don't seem to like, called them a rodent man. And that is so Basically this comes back to when I heard that it was this thing that was trending and that it was like people who it's like a.
Speaker 2: New type of hot guy. Yeah, rodent man.
Speaker 1: I immediately thought of the dark haired guy from Challengers. Did you see Challengers?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, the curly haired, dark haired guy.
Speaker 3: I feel like they're both rat boys.
Speaker 1: I didn't I didn't see it for the other guy, but he is listed O'Connor. I think a rodent man, no rat boy. I am rodent man.
Speaker 3: I think Mike faced or whatever.
Speaker 4: That dude also he has he has like they're I don't know, he might one's a gray rat.
Speaker 2: The other is like a little mountain rat. He's like yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: So but yeah, that dude definitely got I guess what we're calling hot rat face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hot rat face. People were trying to put it on. Jeremy Allen White from Uh the Bear called it the rat.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 1: It's like all different actors who could, with just make up effects star in a live action remake of an American tale, Fible Goes West.
Speaker 3: Willem Dafoe is I guess also they considered that.
Speaker 1: Find a picture of most people that will be like, Okay, yeah, I see it.
Speaker 4: I mean sey, wait, they're really calling Seamoulu a rat guy too.
Speaker 3: He's a rat boy too.
Speaker 1: So the thing, the thing that defied winds it is face angularity. They have to so it's important for their According to Gina Cherlus of The New York Times, it's important for their faces to be angular.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: That's the dead giveaway. That and big ears.
Speaker 1: They come off as edgy and elusive just based on that face and ear shape. So you can't have a chiseled face like Brad Pitt or Chris Emsworth. So another person INJW Pack says that it's sort of fanning too wide. Like Johnny Depp has been called a rat boy. I don't feel that. But Kieran Colkin, on the other hand, I could see him playing a little Mouseka, well you're a little ass, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: What about Barry what's his face from Saltburn? He also counts as a rat Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: The most what about Adams Driver?
Speaker 2: Adam Driver?
Speaker 1: Because I thought the dark haired guy from Challengers was basically they were like, wait, we can't get Adam Driver. But he's in all of these types of movies. Okay, let's go with the other guy who I thought wonderful by the way, Josh O'Connor.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was great.
Speaker 2: He was great, But.
Speaker 1: Didn't he like don't you feel like he is of the same facial.
Speaker 3: There? Like yo, make Stewart.
Speaker 4: Little kind of pop in and.
Speaker 3: Then you get him. I get it. He has like the sort of if you like, blurry your eyes.
Speaker 4: And the way a child would draw a mouse or something is like big looping ears and some kind of pointy face.
Speaker 2: Rider would draw Adam Driver. I feel like, like I get that.
Speaker 4: It said like with like affection, but just like reducing like humans to rodents is little uh but I get this is this is how the kids they're expressing their love. Hey, I'm the year of the rat, so yeah, I'll take it. I've always been down with rats. I feel like rat culture has been here for a while and maybe this is now we're just talking about how cool rats are.
Speaker 1: Some people some important questions raised in the article, like so all you're gonna say rodents man, I guess because you want to be nice and not ratman. So saying rodent man, does this apply to all types of rodents? Because in this case, Jesse Plemons might be a beaver type. You know, Oh wow, Jesse Clemons.
Speaker 2: Is a beaver.
Speaker 1: I a little a little fact about me, I would say, yeah, I would say William Dafoe is a snake, like in a bad way.
Speaker 3: No, No, you're now you're bringing your personal relationship with Willam.
Speaker 1: That motherfucker is a snake and he will snake you on a business deal. If you try and open a mini golf course with Willem Dafoe, he will don't fuck you.
Speaker 2: Miles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could honestly talk to anybody for like five hours about what animal every different person is.
Speaker 2: It's not it's interesting to me.
Speaker 3: Have you looked at your own face and you're like, I'm a bit of a what so?
Speaker 1: But he once told me I was a deer or a bear, and I can see that.
Speaker 3: Little predator prey spectrum.
Speaker 2: I like, yeah, my.
Speaker 1: Eyes are very forward facing, so I would say, uh, they're they're like kind of close together, So sure, I guess that would be.
Speaker 4: I feel like anytime someone was referred to me looking like an animal, it's had some kind of racial undertone. So I typically don't remember what that is, nor do I seek to be compared to an animal.
Speaker 3: But I do embrace my ratness.
Speaker 4: I like being ratty like, but in my own way, it's really nothing to do with rats.
Speaker 3: It's like just sort of like a vibe.
Speaker 1: You resist animal comparison. Actually you don't have a clear animal corollary.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: That means actually that means a lot to me. Man, you're spamming the chat. You're like this full straight up rat dude.
Speaker 3: But like, do you.
Speaker 4: Remember it's funny that this kind of has maybe this predates it, but I don't know if you remember. In the other two there's like I think it's in season two where Wanda Sykes is talking about how Chase dreams like he's looking on disheveled and and they're like, what's going on. I'm just like, oh, yeah, this is part of his shitty little rat face.
Speaker 3: So I know that being kind of like scruffy ratty, yeah, is kind of like a way to describe someone.
Speaker 1: But like the character Chase Stream is like based on Bieber, So there's like all sorts of like little details about like.
Speaker 3: Through his little shitty little rat face, you know, he's still kind of in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then he hits eighteen and has to release a uh an arm pit photo like it's right, the hot thing is to have a photo where he's showing his armpit to people.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that episode anyways.
Speaker 1: That's so that's mostly what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Uh there, there's other.
Speaker 1: Things happening, and there was Kevin Spacey cried about his money problems on uh peer. Here's Morgan's uncensored YouTube. So he just has a YouTube show now, Piers Morgan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did a really cool long look this motherfucker is He stays acting because like one of these questions about like yeah, you're like, hey man, how's it been, And he does just like this long pause and cries.
Speaker 3: Here he can. I'm sorry to subject you to the sound of Kevin Spacey's voice, but unfortunately it's relevant in this moment. He's holding back to you. Oh head down, sniffles. Oh well, it's funny you asked that question because this week where I have been living in Baltimore is being foreclosed on. My house is being sold at auction. And he goes on, He's like, you know, I have to put my stuff.
Speaker 1: In storage and living on Baltimore that if you had given me twenty different things as to what city Kevin Spacey was looking.
Speaker 3: It was not Baltimore, but Paltimore.
Speaker 2: Baltimore would be.
Speaker 4: He said it coincided with him doing House of Cars and then he never left.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he's claiming. He's like, I've been ruined, yeah, with all my legal drub balls for fucking groping an assaulting people.
Speaker 1: He was like, damn, Alex Jones got a lot of heat for pretending to cry on a shitty YouTube show.
Speaker 2: Maybe I should do that.
Speaker 3: He's like, let me try to use alligator tea real quick, crocodile tea.
Speaker 1: Like Alex Jones did a little bit better of a job acting than Kevin Spacey in this one, like Vince Yeah, well, because I don't think Alex Jones realized, Like Alex Jones is like in this fog of like you know, narrative k fabe, Like am I a real person? Am I this character I play? So he's just it's all like happening. It's just this cloud of like wild shit happening inside his head. So I don't know if he knew he was faking crying in that video, whereas Kevin Spacey's definitely like, oh yeah, you know this is this is just acting.
Speaker 3: It's and some one of his worst performances. I gotta say, it's also the context when you have you're a transgressor and you're begging for forgiveness and you do the crying shit, you just you just basically what all we can do is see you in the pattern of men who have committed crimes and try and cry their way out of it.
Speaker 4: Like it always has the same feel like when Art was like I'm fighting for my life, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, huh, we get it, we get it.
Speaker 2: Damn man, that must suck. Yeah, that sucks.
Speaker 3: Dude. What all right?
Speaker 1: You know what, let's let's call it. Let's get Kevin Spacey back in the middle. Like what did he think we we're going to think about this video?
Speaker 3: Well, he clarified you know what his behavior was.
Speaker 2: I think it was part of this Like that's wild.
Speaker 1: He was continues to be completely unaccountable for his behaviors. I Okay, maybe I was pushing the boundaries like you know, a modern artist, or you know, maybe I was a little too hands y. Yeah what never anyone, I just caressed them and apparently they didn't want me to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like, Grop's kind of like a weird word. It's like, dude, shut up, also pushing them of what of what consent is? Like what are you even fucking talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I love like having to reframe it as if like noah, man, I'm just like it's kind of on the fringes, you know, of like what's legal?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm up on stuard when it comes to respecting other people's bodily autonomy and uh sexuality.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I'm like the basque yah of consent.
Speaker 1: What it's It is interesting, Like I feel like he has this concerted strategy in his brain where he's like, what is the thing I'm good at. It's acting and I'm going to act my way out of this bitch. And so he's done those weird like YouTube videos annually where he's like, let me be Frank and he like just plays that character. Yeah, but those videos all come across like he's taunting the public like a Bond villain. He's just being like unapologetic and being like you love it, you love out here fucking being a pervert. You need me sexually assaulting people, that's.
Speaker 2: What you need.
Speaker 3: He's in isn't he in some fuck? Wasn't he in a movie recently? And I was like, God, yeah, I really don't know how to quit these people.
Speaker 2: I don't know was he really? That's why?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like he wasn't something He was in something called control in twenty twenty three. He's uh, he's like managed to kind of like appear and shit.
Speaker 1: But he is the most canceled of the canceled people because he, like, you know, Louis k can still go out and like selling a comedy theater, but this motherfucker needs people to put him in movies to have a career.
Speaker 2: And oh that's right.
Speaker 3: He did that video with Tucker Carlson. I almost forgot, yeah, but it was like a bit where he was being Frank Underwood from House of.
Speaker 2: Cards with yeah, yeah, his wife being best friend.
Speaker 3: Nothing. Nothing says, guys, I'm I'm a decent person than doing a character bit with Tucker Carlson over the holidays.
Speaker 1: Nothing more impressive than a canceled person trying to go right and like failings really hard to fail. But what is Kevin Spacely gonna do from this point? Like he doesn't really have a skill set that lends itself to like right wing grifting, like nobody's gonna buy you know, nutraceuticals from because Kevin Spacey told them to.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Peter five eight is a film that came out this year that he's the titular Peter.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a movie from the like k Pax era, you know, Peter eight where it turns out Kevin space he's an alien and also maybe Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: Now this one, he's just a guy with a bad hair piece and a gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and talk to you about a lucrative new black market for taco bell art.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 1: And when you think of art heist, you probably picture Pierce Brosnan using a glass cutter break into fancy museum.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or what's the one with Catherine Data Jones and the lasers entrapment Entrapment, Ye, yes, so many lasers.
Speaker 3: Gotta have lasers. Anyway, there's definitely lasers.
Speaker 1: They drove the trope of like disappearing a train going buy and you disappear. They drove that shiit into the ground in that movie Entrapman, to the point that it's like a bit at the end where they just keep like doing that. That's how they flirt, is like disappearing behind.
Speaker 2: Tin trains, guys, sexy. You can do that once in a movie.
Speaker 1: You can't do it like five times, because then we start to have to picture Sean Connery being like lightning fast yeah somehow, or.
Speaker 4: Dislocating his shoulder every time he tries to grab the train as it speeds by.
Speaker 1: Girl.
Speaker 3: Fuck oh got it.
Speaker 1: So that's probably what you picture. I picture a random dude rolling up to a taco bell dumpster and loading up some old taco bell art. Ye stolen taco bell art. Baby, this is so funny, man, Like, do you remember these paintings?
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean vaguely, Like when I saw them, I'm like, oh yeah, okay, I remember when like they try to do the glow up inside the taco bell and like leave their like yellow and brown color way scheme that they had through like the nineties and shit. Yea, but yeah, apparently like these paintings by Mark Smith, people are just fucking going at like they're not even a writ like they're just printed, they're just prints that the art not that great.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he his whole pitch to them was like I'm going to class up the inside of your taco bell with these prints of like his style is bosquiot like, like he seems to be. Yes, he seems to be trying to, you know, channel that sort of vibe. And instead of like putting the prints on a poster that they're like stretched on a canvas and so it like kind of makes taco bells seem classy. Uh, But they're popular basically purely for nostalgic reasons, right, But there is people are coming up on like people who have renovated taco bells, for instance, are managing to get these out on the black market, and they're selling for like thousands of dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seven fifty and a thousand bucks. Sometimes some people are listening for ten grand, but that no one's.
Speaker 2: Fucking nobody's buying them for ten grand.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I did not, I honestly did not. It's just such a weird thing. No one's paying attention. Like when I saw I was like, oh, sure, like I remember these vague shapes when I would stroll into the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Like, Hi, I don't remember they at all, But yeah, I was usually pretty high when I went to a taco Bell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's uh, it's it's not great. It's not great, but anyway, yeah, this is uh sure, take take your Taco Bell art and go on with it. But again, no one was in the Taco Bell looking at the art. It's just so weird. It's like people being like, oh do you see the art at that strip club. It's like no one gives a shit at what you have.
Speaker 4: Like people are just there for the fucking chilupas man for the crunch wrap supremes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, like the paintings are kind of dark, they're like troubling, Like one of them is like trying to channel the feeling of a like hunger, like low blood, sugar and hunger pains. Right, so, and like when they when they gave him the gig, they were like, yeah, as long as it doesn't contain a devil worship or displays of carnality, which just imagining like the draft that he the pitch that he gave where they were like, yeah, okay, but none of the devil worship and none of the devil face fucking like somebody eating a chaloupa.
Speaker 2: We need to need to cut that part out.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, well, look I'm glad that they've found a way to create, as one person put it, the GameStop of art heists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's sad.
Speaker 3: I mean, like I wish I it's funny. There was a listener that's so wild.
Speaker 4: I remember like early a few years ago someone from zeigangs like Yo man, I found some like taco bells, like shit from a shut like shut down taco bell, like if you want to hang it up at your house.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't this art. It was more like signage.
Speaker 4: Oh that I had, like legit that taco bell esthetic to it, rather than like this is taco bell art.
Speaker 1: This is going to be the future of like art museums is just like recreating a taco bell from the early nineties, right yeah. SFGate reported the trend began when paintings from an Ohio taco bell were stolen in twenty eleven and again in twenty fifteen. So wow that I didn't realize that those lasted that long. But anyways, onto a fast food company that actually knows how to make money. Chick fil A is having a summer camp in Louisiana where children can go.
Speaker 2: To learn what it's like to work at a Chick fil A.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep.
Speaker 4: It's a very I've seen this post go around for like the last week, and the way it reads, it's like they're trying to make it seem like, hey.
Speaker 3: You've got some really cool sessions for our Chick fil A summer camp. But basically it says.
Speaker 4: You pay them, yeah, thirty five dollars and in return, your kid gets a kid's meal, a T shirt, a name tag, and what they do is, quote, spend some time with the Chick fil A cow and Chick fil A team leaders. Okay, get up behind the scenes look of hospitality and service. Have a fun time, getting behind the scenes views of what it's like to work at America's favorite quick service restaurant, enjoy a VIP lunch, and go home with some goodies. They're expecting things to sign up, phill up quickly. I mean we're saying nine am to noon is and it's like three days. So this is this is part of like summer camps.
Speaker 1: There is a cottage industry of just people realizing parents realizing too late, Oh shit, I haven't sign my kid up for summer camp, right, and they'll sign up for fucking anything.
Speaker 3: They're like, fuck it. Three hours I'll take it.
Speaker 1: I'll take it, yeah, exactly, just get this kid out of here for three hours. But it seems fairly underwhelming and reminds me of my uh middle school where for winning.
Speaker 2: Students the months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to go to Long John Silver's corporate headquarters and just look at a bunch of spreadsheets and like a power point and watch you.
Speaker 3: Guys commercial Hu, this place is pretty rocking hawk kids just like what did they? I don't know, what do you do you think it?
Speaker 4: I mean, I get somehow you would be like, wow, I got to pull the machine to make a frosty, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like that kind of shit would be fun to a kid. But then the like the just everything else about it, really, I mean that would be a very specific child.
Speaker 1: Wasn't like doesn't like it's pretty basic, right, Like there's not like that much iconic ship like a McDonald's at least like they used to have the playland, Like I could like.
Speaker 3: See what they haven't side of chick fil A.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, there's like nothing in chick fil A, like just chick fil a food.
Speaker 4: So like, yeah, this does feel like a great way to just like, look, man, we just want to socialize your kids and doctrinate your kids innocular your kids, you know, against unionizing, you know what I.
Speaker 3: Mean, we will not talk about that.
Speaker 4: That'd be cool if someone set up a counter camp about unionizing fast food workers.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: But then they're like, can we make frosties? They're like, I'm sorry, you'll learn about solidarity and the kids like you lost. I know this is good, but you lost me. They're gonna give me a VIP launch of nuggets over here. Would you ever want to do something like this for your your kids?
Speaker 2: Only if they were really good, you know, if they earned it, they could know you brought.
Speaker 3: Home straight A's someone's going to Chick fil A camp this Monday for three hours.
Speaker 1: Just seems like it's sent so many bad messages to the kid about like, first of all, what's good food?
Speaker 3: And then like what well okay any corporation being like that's really built on like underpaying their employees. That doesn't feel like an opera one thing.
Speaker 4: If a kids like I want to learn about the forestry service and like how we protect the like, oh, learn about that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But here it's like you want to learn about depressed wage jobs feels a little bit dystopian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get them early, that's what we say here. A yeah, yeah, it's corporate grooming is essentially what it is. As Yeah, ironic editor pointed out.
Speaker 3: A company that puts so much money or you know, used to put a lot more money into like a homophobic causes. So yeah, yeah, who's grooming now?
Speaker 1: And finally, uh tech mogul and millionaire Brian Johnson famously he's like that guy who used his son as a blood bag to try and get younger. He claims like he's basically fixed aging, or at least cut it in half. He now says he only he celebrates his birthday every nineteen months instead of the conventional twelve. He's aging at a pace of point six y four compared to.
Speaker 2: The rest of us.
Speaker 3: That's so stupid, dude. He don't look that it. You're not like I would believe it if Parrell said that.
Speaker 2: Shit, Yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: This guy looks like the human version of a two pay where it's like I see what you're getting at here, Like you look younger, but like I can tell that you're just you're you're fighting, You're fighting the natural order of things with tooth and nail. His tweet it says so weird. It says, my new record zero point sixty four pace of aging. My birthday is now every nineteen months. Previously I built Braintree venmo. Now I build human with a goal to slow and reverse aging. Now I build human.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I build human. Yeah, yoh, why what's your problem?
Speaker 1: The I also don't think he looks young. I think he looks snow skinny and weird like his Yeah, he just he definitely just has the faith and general vibe of somebody who is on a diet that is extremely restrictive and then like has had some facial work done and like has that like glassy skin thing going on?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And again yeah, Brian the utter a good question. What metric is he using zero point six y four pace of aging for what? Because I'd imagine there's no fixed scale for age, like everyone's bodies are rotting at different paces.
Speaker 1: You always hear like old people will be like, yeah, I went to the doctor. They said I got the you know, liver of a forty five year old, but I'm seventy. And yeah, it's like that's just the thing they made up to make you feel.
Speaker 2: It's more to.
Speaker 4: Say, like, okay, these these measurable values are more present in this age core for yeah, sure, but like so what you're gonna basically live forty or what thirty six percent longer than the average human as a result.
Speaker 2: That's right, Okay, that's right.
Speaker 3: See you're ass soon, motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Pass you all right.
Speaker 1: Well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines, get your blue shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Fight peace,