Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: Now. I know there's been a lot of anti Semitism in the news lately, so I decided to hit the streets of New York in search of some allies. Take a look, there's been a rise in anti Semitism. I'm hitting the streets looking for a little pro Semitism. Let's hope it doesn't end in a hate crime.
Speaker 3: What do you like about Jews? They made Bang and Christmas albums.
Speaker 1: What is there not to love about Jews? The food, the culture, the celebrations.
Speaker 3: Because hello, big group of men, Where are you all from Belgium? Here in New York City, the land of Jews? Have you done any jewey things' jewy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, great question. Have you eaten a bagel?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course?
Speaker 3: Have you ever been vaccinated for polio?
Speaker 7: Jew?
Speaker 3: Are your favorite comedians?
Speaker 6: Erry Seinfeld, Jerry Seinfeld, Jew, Adina Menzel, Barbara streisand Amy Winehouse?
Speaker 1: She is a gem?
Speaker 3: Doja Cat is a Jew? I love that she should be Doja Cats? Probably? Who are your favorite Jews that you can think of?
Speaker 7: I can't think of a famous you off the top of my head, But you can't.
Speaker 3: Think of a single famous Jewish.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say someone's name if I don't know they're Jewish.
Speaker 3: That's tough for me to Who are you thinking? That seems jewy but you're not sure?
Speaker 1: Are you Jewish?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna teach you some Yiddish. Okay, gay cocking.
Speaker 1: Off and yam gay coffee off.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's a beautiful sentiment. Give me a head, thank you. You know what that means. Go take a ship in the ocean.
Speaker 6: Would you be an ally to the Jews in this time of anti Semitism?
Speaker 3: What would you do to protect me?
Speaker 5: I always peak up for you, beautiful, like the Manora.
Speaker 6: With you look your pissed guy knowing Menora you.
Speaker 3: E's definitely good.
Speaker 2: Just the way you said it was very I don't want to that to be your mother, but sexy, you have absolutely proven yourself to be a Jewish ally.
Speaker 3: Let's pretend it's the Sabbath.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you know about the Sabbath, but you can't turn on lights, you can't drive your car. That's why they have like what's called the shabbis gooy.
Speaker 2: Sometimes that will come over and turn on your TV for you because you're.
Speaker 3: Not supposed to work. So let's pretend it's the Sabbath, and will you turn this on for me?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I'm a penis, my like of vagiant. We're here because there's been a rise in anti Semitism, so we're on the streets trying to find some pro Semitism.
Speaker 4: I don't believe and hate your name for me, So I don't care what you walk alike, religion, culture, I.
Speaker 7: Don't believe it's I hate on anybody.
Speaker 1: Just bring wrong.
Speaker 3: Agreed, you are officially a Jewish. Ally you win two Kanye tickets? Are you gonna go? Oh no, I don't like Kanye. No white women get a bad rack. And I'm out here on the streets in New York.
Speaker 2: To ask should we what do you think is the most white woman thing you've done?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Maybe go get a pumpkin spic slalte at Starbucks.
Speaker 8: At a spa day and bought some bell bottom yoga pants from Hallow because I saw him on another white girl.
Speaker 1: But were they like, yeah, about one fifty.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I'll walk around when I'm in a really bad move and imagine I'm Sarah j.
Speaker 1: Justica Barger yeah, you have your own little six in the city.
Speaker 8: Moment I was invited to an Indian wedding, I thought the outfits. I went to the wedding, it was amazing. Yeah, after the wedding, I didn't know how to clean it, so I took it to the dry cleaners and they tried to charge me like four hundred dollars for this beautiful garment to be cleaned. And I just started fighting with them, trying to tell them like, it's really like kind of rude and racist that you're charging me this much to like clean this garment. So I call my Indian friends like, wondn't you be so proud of me? They're just like hysterically laughing and me like we've been trying to tell them this for one hundred years, and you thought that one time you could go and convince the whole like dry cleaning industry, if you were trying to be the.
Speaker 3: Dry cleaning savior. Who is your black icon?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with Oprah. She was my first Oprah.
Speaker 8: Oprah Oprah Michelle Obama, Michelle Obama, No we want oh.
Speaker 1: No, Naomi?
Speaker 3: Why okay?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: But more than that, not just because she's a supermodel, but I don't know living here and.
Speaker 3: Not Kinaomi Campbell. Oh did I say what?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like her to.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in a situation where you have been like, I gotta go because I'm like my Karen's like right here, and you're like, I don't want to let her out let her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've certainly felt the rage of what Karen must feel.
Speaker 4: I was at Trader Joe's and I went up to the lady and I said, can I have flowers? And she said, I'm talking to someone, sorry, And I said, okay, well, I'll sit here till you're ready because I need you to help me pick out of okay, and she goes, I'm talking to my friend.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 4: And that was when I was kind of like people.
Speaker 1: Suck at their jobs first.
Speaker 3: When that happened, did you say anything to her, did you say.
Speaker 4: Like, okay, I never do this. I went to her manager and I said she needs serious training, and Ron, would.
Speaker 3: You ever feel like you're about to be a Karen? If there's an opposite of Karen that might be made, then I don't know, Oh woo, what would you name the opposite.
Speaker 1: Of a Karen?
Speaker 9: Woo?
Speaker 3: How about a scarlet.
Speaker 2: A scarlet do you think can be where every day is a dream and we can try this, you try.
Speaker 3: Them, no judgment. Yeah, I love that a scarlet.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be a scarlet.
Speaker 3: Do you feel that only women can Karen? Or do you think men can care? And a man Karen all the time? They just don't.
Speaker 8: It's like, of course it's a loud.
Speaker 3: What do you see men doing when they careen?
Speaker 4: Men get a little tempered, entr mean, and it goes their way, right, and it goes their way, ye see, and then no one blinks not it's like, oh yeah, he just he's speaking, is fine?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah. And when women Karen, they're just bitches. Yeah yeah, what's the last thing you cried to get out of? Maybe work a long time ago.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe when I worked at Starbucks.
Speaker 3: Are white women to blame?
Speaker 8: I think we are part of the problem.
Speaker 1: I think we're a big part of the problem.
Speaker 4: I mean, if we look to like twenty sixteen and the election numbers, they're like white women were a big part of the problem.
Speaker 3: I think I think twenty twenty two, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or just those numbers don't vote well for us.
Speaker 2: So should should we maybe not be able to vote.
Speaker 3: No, not only we need to vote. I'm like upset when people don't vote.
Speaker 8: I'm like, this is we fought for this, And then I have to remember, like not everybody got.
Speaker 2: To vote at the same time as white women did.
Speaker 3: When you hear people don't vote, what is your What do you say to them? Do you have like a you should vote pitch or anything like that?
Speaker 1: I asked them if they pay taxes?
Speaker 4: Do you like the roads, the sidewalks you live on?
Speaker 3: Do you like trash on the street like you might lecture a little bit? Yes, yes, ye, yeah, definitely. What do you think is the best part about being white?
Speaker 6: I don't usually think about.
Speaker 1: Maybe because I'm from.
Speaker 9: Raw shaving, maybe not having a thing about being white is the good part about being white?
Speaker 3: Uh, certainly, I did it. I proved white women are not a monolith. There's a whole range on the Karen Scarlet spectrum. After meeting with so many white women with the verse viewpoints, I realized there was one thing we all have in common.
Speaker 4: I'll dance anything I do like to dance after like one or two dreams.
Speaker 3: Every day I do something called Madonna dance. We'll dance whenever, wherever I could do the work.
Speaker 5: Since the Data Show finally hired a black hopes we can properly celebrate Martin Luther King Jay by asking New Yorkers how they celebrate his legacy. Shut up, don't interrupt me on Martin Luther King Day.
Speaker 1: That ain't cool. So let's do this. Do y'all know what today is? We're lost? We're lost day.
Speaker 3: Do you know what day it is?
Speaker 2: Today?
Speaker 4: Monday?
Speaker 1: What you do today?
Speaker 3: Well? Today we just woke up, ste out of our hotel.
Speaker 6: Hotel, we're going to go get coffee and we're gonna walk around.
Speaker 9: So which one of those celebrates Martin Luther King Day?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: None of none of what we've talked about.
Speaker 3: Who's starting to do?
Speaker 1: What's up for Martin? So this ain't reparations? But this is enough. That's right. Give me one hand once.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what'll doing to celebrate? Okay, came to New York.
Speaker 1: Came to New York. That's it.
Speaker 9: That's all y'all gonna do.
Speaker 3: Want some shows, ate some food, did some shopping.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna come back to y'all on Juneteenth, and y'all better have done better, don't you like when he, like you know, refuse, used to move to the back of the bus.
Speaker 7: I can remember ship picks through the world news and.
Speaker 3: He didn't refuse.
Speaker 5: That was ruth of Parks.
Speaker 9: Name famous MLK quote.
Speaker 3: I have a dream?
Speaker 9: And what does he say after that? I'm not sure name a famous MLK quote besides I have a dream.
Speaker 1: Besides.
Speaker 9: One million ballance, and you could tell me something else that Martin Luther King said he.
Speaker 8: Told his children he loved them, So maybe you do not know?
Speaker 5: Can we google it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I have a dream that one day, that's all I got.
Speaker 9: I have a dream that one day white people will actually know what's in that damn speech. Okay, just name five black people.
Speaker 3: Eddie Murphy, that's only black person you know.
Speaker 6: Eddie Murphy, Barren left wing Lituid Barron left in NFL is an offensive line out.
Speaker 1: Everybody know him. You're just making up names.
Speaker 9: So how you celebrate Martin Luther King?
Speaker 1: Not too sure.
Speaker 3: So that's what he dies for?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: For you, this would be out here just not doing nothing on this day.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just kidding. You can do whatever you want. Man, We're gonna go see the lion King.
Speaker 3: Okay, just got king in.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's as close as you can get.
Speaker 4: The freedom and liberty will go about and do what we want to do.
Speaker 1: That's our celebration.
Speaker 9: See, that's that's a call from a black woman right there. That's why she earned.
Speaker 4: That's what we want to do.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: I'm it's that day.
Speaker 1: I'm fifty.
Speaker 3: Why that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: But I don't still need lotion though.
Speaker 1: Firstball, are you a movie ball? Yes? Are you excited about the Oscars? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Which movie you think will go in the Best Picture this year?
Speaker 7: Do you think it'll be top douugh Avatar for one of movies?
Speaker 1: I don't give a shit about one of the movies. You don't give a shit about.
Speaker 7: Describe everything everywhere, all at once, everything all the way, beautiful, beautiful, God's giving, God's given, God's blessed.
Speaker 9: Did you see the movie now?
Speaker 1: The movie Tar? You know what it's about.
Speaker 3: Sounds like it's something black and sticking, so it's like a horror movie.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: What do you think about women talking?
Speaker 1: Women talking? Yeah? I mean you have women talking you all the time, don't they?
Speaker 3: What you think of the movie?
Speaker 7: Women talking?
Speaker 1: Will be talking about I am trying not to get as confused as to what women would be talking about. But women can talk about anything.
Speaker 7: Would you take your woman to go see women talking?
Speaker 1: I don't even think she would want to see women talking unless it's her friend.
Speaker 7: But would she be talking while the women are talking to?
Speaker 1: Definitely? Right, definitely I hate that women talking. Yes, if some.
Speaker 7: Guy got nominated this year for impersonate others, can you show me your best impersonation of Elvis?
Speaker 1: Like you know, I just I could do the dance move do it? I just want to rock it.
Speaker 3: I just want to rock. If you had to do an Elvis, I presson, what would it be?
Speaker 1: I would never do it?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Elves?
Speaker 1: All right, my man?
Speaker 7: Do you think there's enough black people nominated this year?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 7: How many is nominated this year?
Speaker 1: I think like three?
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 1: Do you know how many black people want my Oscar?
Speaker 3: About twenty?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: Name me ten?
Speaker 1: I can't even name you ten?
Speaker 3: Name seven? Can names name three?
Speaker 1: I can't name three? But you know twenty black people go on Oscar? Yes, okay, I like our Auscar, right, our oscars?
Speaker 3: Give me and y'all the propsticks, y'all?
Speaker 5: Okay, you're talking my brothers people, brothers and sisters.
Speaker 7: Okay, so out of black actors out there in Hollywood that are nominated, who else do you think should be nominated for an Oscar? And all the black guys handsome, you don't, kind of tall, good looking, funny but not over the top, but can be over the top if you actually make him in that situation.
Speaker 3: He's Kevin Hart. You ain't funny in everything.
Speaker 1: You're right now, You're not fun on everything.
Speaker 7: Which movie was the most unfunny?
Speaker 1: He was in one of them corny ships.
Speaker 3: I wasn't call shit, I I can't remember right now, but it was corny man.
Speaker 7: Okay, little man, little man was a ship man come back, a little man far too. If you had to pick a movie to win an Oscar, which one would you pay?
Speaker 1: What's the name of that?
Speaker 3: When you all was in playing them girls? White child?
Speaker 7: Yeah, should have won to Oscar for that.
Speaker 1: You should win anything for everything you do.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 5: We love him, don't we?
Speaker 3: Two hollow streets love You don't owe him some oscars.
Speaker 5: Give him to them, represent him, give him what he deserves.
Speaker 3: Look at the people out here, they so happy to harm him.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 3: We gotta give all of some energy like he gives up all you here, Let's do it, and the Oscar Goes.
Speaker 7: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching the Daily Show wherever you.
Speaker 4: Get your podcasts.
Speaker 8: Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Fairmouth Plucks.
Speaker 1: This has been a Comedy Central podcast show