Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, and welcome back to Bachelor Happy Hour.
Speaker 2: I'm Rachel.
Speaker 3: And I'm Charity.
Speaker 4: And today we have Bachelorette, Paradise, and Vanderpump Villa alum, Sean.
Speaker 3: What's up, guys?
Speaker 2: How are we doing?
Speaker 3: We're doing good. We're happy to have you.
Speaker 4: It's been a minute since I feel like you've been on a podcast, but since, honestly, I've seen you last, like, there's lots to discuss, lots.
Speaker 3: To get into.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Thank you guys for having me.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to get into it. I, for one, am so excited to get into it. We saw both of you on Vanderpump Villa last season. Sean, what was it like being in the villa compared to the Paradise Villa?
Speaker 3: Your time on Paradise?
Speaker 2: It was kind of heaven, honestly. Vanderpump Villa compared to, especially OG Bachelor in Paradise. We're talking Mexico Bachelor in Paradise. Vanderpump Villa, I literally felt like I was royalty. I felt like I was the king of England there. Everything was taken care of. The estate was incredible. The food, the company, it really was so much fun. That was probably, from all the stuff I've done, the most fun I've had filming anything, really. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, and to go off of that, obviously, I did it with Sean. How would you describe the filming style or just how they produce? Because I think that's what for me felt like, Oh, this is like freedom.
Speaker 3: Like I can, I'm free to do whatever. So I wonder if it felt the same for you.
Speaker 2: It definitely felt very much like it didn't even feel produced. I felt like very natural in terms of what was going on. I mean, obviously we had structure from our day to day in terms of like, we're going from this event to this like tea party, whatever we're doing, but like in terms of them looking for things for television, they kind of trusted us to have fun and be ourselves. And they felt like they can make a show out of us being ourselves instead of trying to grab stuff and like stir up drama that isn't necessary. So it was a very relaxing filming style. I loved it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm curious because I wasn't there. What is something or what happened behind the scenes? Because we filmed for so long and only 10% gets shown. Can you share anything that maybe the audience didn't see?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I feel like..
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't even know where to begin. There was so much.
Speaker 3: The drama, obviously. That's what I.
Speaker 2: Want to know. Well, what's funny is like, I thought when we were filming and the cast of Vanderpump Villa did a really good job of not letting us into their own drama. So when we watched it back, I don't know, Charity, if you felt the same thing. It was like a different show. I was like, when did this happen? They were screaming when we were in the room next door. Like the Hannah Marciano stuff. We had no idea. Like I truly had no idea. Yeah. So much so I was like trying to get Marciano to like hook me up with Hannah. I'm like, yo, grab Hannah back. I didn't realize that this was going on at the same time. So that was a little jarring. I was like, you should have told me, man. I felt like an idiot watching him back. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I watched it on FaceTime with like Jess and Mercedes. And like, I think the whole time, like our draws were on the floor because we were like, she didn't know half the stuff that obviously was going on with her little situation with Nick. And then me and Mercedes were just like, when did this happen? We were kind of like in la-la land. I mean, I was enjoying myself regardless because I wasn't like the single people there, like, you.
Speaker 3: Know, flirting and doing whatever.
Speaker 4: But it definitely was like so insane to watch that because it did feel like a different show for a second. But speaking of Hannah and Marciano, we did see a little bit. Like, you know, you had a couple little sessions with Hannah, little make-out sessions. Sessions. how was that like how how did that come to be did you obviously I mean I know now like you guys are not together anything but explain or walk us through like kind of that experience yeah well I.
Speaker 2: Feel like I uh I don't know when we were going we were taking the flight out there we like land in England land in London I'm like I like you kind of figure out what's your role to play in.
Speaker 3: All of this, right?
Speaker 2: Like what is your role to go out and have fun? And like, I basically got pitched, Vanderbilt got pitched to me. It's like, we're going to go and literally have a vacation, have fun. And like, whatever happens happens, but like, we're here to make a television show. So make sure, you know, we're bachelor people. We have to have a little bit of romance. You can't just not have us there, you know? So I don't know if it got clipped or not, but I was like, if there was rehab for guys addicted to hot blondes, I'd probably be in it. So like, you know, Hannah immediately and Rachel, obviously back in the day in paradise, you kind of, you know, that's, that happened. So yeah, I, she didn't come out immediately. You, you, you, come on.
Speaker 3: You and Jess. You and Jess. Oh my gosh. Wait, keep going. Cause I want to know all the.
Speaker 2: Backstory with Hannah. Yeah. It really was like you, they, it was so funny. So when we pull up to the estate, they're just sitting like on the steps waiting for us for our arrival. So like, we're getting paraded through the entire cast and like the single people on the show, you know, John B, myself, who we thought, Xavier, who we thought, but wasn't single when we were going through it. But we're like, it's like, you know, pick your, like take a pick. Like, who do you like?
Speaker 3: Do they say that?
Speaker 2: Do they say pick your person?
Speaker 3: No, but it was like, yeah.
Speaker 1: In other words, do they say that?
Speaker 2: Eh.
Speaker 3: Kinda.
Speaker 2: It wasn't, it wasn't like, forced upon you they were very much like hey if you're interested in someone like let us know like we'll try to get you guys away from each other which is great but it wasn't like you have to go and like make out with this girl you have to go do this it was very much if you're interested let us know we can kind of help you coordinate the situation and I don't know like Vanderpump Villa they it was much more of um they knew they're on television where I feel like sometimes in the bachelor world like you kind of get in a weird sense where you don't feel like you're on television. Like they were there to like play up the reactions. They, they know they had a job to do as well. So it was, it made for a really fun, you know, a couple of days in London.
Speaker 3: I'm curious.
Speaker 1: Wait, with that question, would you say that the Vanderpump Villa cast is more fake or like acting a little bit more than let's say the bachelor cast?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say fake. I don't know, Charity. I wouldn't say fake. Fake's not the right word. I would say like the reaction slash like things are maybe a tad embellished to a degree. I would also say they were very much more in the camp of they did not care how they came across on television, which I feel like is way different than the Bachelor universe where I feel like people care too much. So there should be like a healthy medium of like having fun, like not really caring what people are going to think and being your authentic self. but also not overplaying the drama or like looking for it in a sense. I thought it was a healthy medium from, from the Vanderpump crew, but they definitely knew that, Hey, you know, like I'm a, I'm not here because I'm a great housekeeper, you know, like that's not why I'm on the show. Cause I can make a great bed.
Speaker 3: So. No, I feel like. That's exactly what it is.
Speaker 4: And also who they cast, their personality types, like would someone like Marciano do really good on Paradise?
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: But also it's like he is indeed the type that does not care how.
Speaker 3: He comes across clearly.
Speaker 4: So I'm like that man's here to do whatever, have fun, like ruffle feathers. And I think obviously it makes him very dynamic and polarizing, which like we can sense as people who are like guests of the villa, but also- Like, the audience members can see that, or audience can see that watching it back. So I do think it's also, like, a combination of who they cast. And obviously someone like Hagen, too. Like, insane personality. Like, he is so funny.
Speaker 3: So funny. Had the best time with him. So, yeah, I do think it's, like, it's a combination of it all.
Speaker 4: But it's very interesting because... they seem to get along but not get along at the same time.
Speaker 3: It's very interesting. They're like all best friends but hate each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was so interesting. Yeah, Hagen was like probably one of the funniest people that like I've got a chance to do anything with really. But what's funny and I think what makes Vanderpump Villa unique and similar to like the Bachelor in Paradise style of interviews, right? Like you get so much information from the confessionals and the ITMs where like you see Marciano and Hagen's ITMs they're very much giving them that personality type. Where like in person, when we're hanging out with them, I didn't feel like it was that, you know, crazy. But like in the moment you watch the show and like, you know, Marciano is going crazy in ITM. Higgins have these funny ass one-liners. Like that really adds to their personality. But yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I am curious too, as a viewer, I watched all of Vanderpump Villa and the way Bachelor Nation acts compared to to the rest of the shows, why do you think that we go in there.
Speaker 3: And act like that?
Speaker 1: Everyone was having a romantic moment. It was like the magical music was playing. What is it about us that makes us do that?
Speaker 2: You know, I didn't know you were going down the romantic route. I always thought you were going down the way more, like, completely normal and had, like, a good time and a respectful route. Jess ran out of a car into a man's arms, and.
Speaker 1: John B was, like, having a garden moment.
Speaker 3: Like, hand behind the head.
Speaker 2: All right, John B's garden moment.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't give that, like, the three of them.
Speaker 2: I know, literally.
Speaker 3: I'm like, let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Compared to the other shows, Bachelor was putting it on so thick.
Speaker 2: Well, we also weren't ruining the mansion. The group before us literally flooded it. We're acting like complete animals in a sense. We were very much normal and respectful and very courteous to the staff. And I feel like we didn't take advantage of, even though we could get whatever we wanted at any time, we were very respectful that, please and thank you, don't take it for granted and be nice to the staff. So that was where I kind of went with it.
Speaker 4: And to go, off of that I feel like John B and Jess are both like you know they like to lean into that lover like role a little bit not too much but like that's just them at least Jess and Like Jess is a lover girl and hopeless romantic. So I'm like, we, I think we all eventually saw the writing on the wall with Nick, but like the ending scene, I was in the other car. So I didn't even realize that happened until after I was like, wait a minute.
Speaker 3: I screamed. I'm like, this is so bachelor. I can't even get over the moment.
Speaker 4: It should have been a who'd you, but we missed, missed opportunity, missed opportunity. But no, I think they, they knew who to kind of like let lean into that role. And that's why the producing aspect of it all too is like, They kind of just let those, I don't want to say organic moments, but those moments flourish on our own versus like, oh, you know, like we're going to set this up.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. Very interesting.
Speaker 2: But they knew like Nick was perfect. Nick like that can lay it out. He can flirt with anybody like Jesse. Eat that up. It was like a match made in heaven, especially with like the Scottish accent. So they kind of knew what they were doing. They're good at their jobs.
Speaker 1: Right. Right.
Speaker 4: Sean, did you have a chance to talk to Lisa a lot or not really?
Speaker 2: Yes and no. I feel like anytime she was around, I just wanted to be around her because she's the person that I get asked the most questions about. Like, how was Lisa when you went to the villa? And I thought she was so lovely. Like, carry yourself like royalty. She was so sweet to us. I wish I got more time with her, but not to the level of you did, like where you got like certain chats alone, but she was amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'm obsessed with that woman.
Speaker 4: I just need to know. I'm like, did anyone else get a taste? Because she is perfection.
Speaker 3: I love Lisa. I'm so jealous.
Speaker 1: I would die to sit down with Lisa Vanderpump. But I want to ask you, Sean, about your experience on Bachelor in Paradise because you got to experience both the old Paradise and the new Paradise. What did you like about the new style? What didn't you like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the accommodations of the new paradise were great. It made it a lot more relaxing and actually felt like a vacation. Like what we did in Mexico felt much more like Survivor at times. And even Charity, you came down that season. So like it wasn't, you know, luxury. It was pretty much, I mean, I still, people don't realize that we were sleeping in bunk beds that were covered in sand. It was open air in the middle of June in Mexico. It was not ideal living situations. And also not the most romantic environment when everyone's like sweating and just like really can't even get comfortable. So I really enjoyed the Costa Rica accommodations. I thought the concept of the show, like the competition, I thought that was a good idea. I feel like it was poorly executed from like not letting the cast really lean into it in a sense or not casting for that specifically, where a lot of people were still in the regular paradise romantic phase and everyone like wasn't really leaning into the competition side of it as much as I was. So like, it was fun to film. I enjoyed it, but like the living accommodations were better. I wish that the viewing experience for the viewers was more like the old one, like less serious, like give us our ITMs where people are cracking up and making jokes. I didn't feel like we got that in the new season, even though when we were filming, I can only speak for myself when we're in the ITMs and whatnot, like, I feel like there was a lot better material that never saw the light of day and the viewers didn't see that I wish people got a chance to kind of view.
Speaker 1: What do you wish that they saw? What was the behind the scenes you were speaking of?
Speaker 2: Well, I think there's so much comedic elements to what we were doing throughout the day. Even just us hanging out, laughing, having a good time. When you go back and I guess rewatch the Paradise season, I saw Jeremy– call Susie like a million times. Like everything was centered around that, right? Like I didn't- That was crazy. Oh, nuts for sure. But that centered around like the entirety of like the storyline for so long, like six, seven episodes. And I think it made it feel much more heavy than what the experience of the cast was on Paradise.
Speaker 4: And you say like when you were talking about leaning into like the competition aspect of it all, Do you feel like, obviously we see you kind of handled that very well. Like you were very open and honest about like, okay, like, yeah, it's a competition.
Speaker 3: Like let's, let's get dirty. Like let's do this.
Speaker 4: But there was a lot of people that were, you can almost sense were probably hesitant to really fully lean into that. Do you feel like that's because maybe they were worried about like how they.
Speaker 3: Would come across like in terms of edits? or do you feel like it was something else?
Speaker 4: Like they just truly didn't want to like have a money game competition aspect of the show?
Speaker 2: I feel like it's the first, I feel like they were just worried about how Bachelor Nation would view a competition show. And like when you start, making decisions in the sense of money or love even like the question at the end like for love and for money yeah sorry like we met these people 30 years ago i'm taking the half a million dollars and i'm not even apologizing.
Speaker 3: About it to the bank account.
Speaker 2: Yeah like listen i've we've been you guys have been in the universe for a long time i've been here for a long time we know how bachelor nation relationships typically work out and obviously charity and diet and joey and kelsey like they're definitely like outliers in the sense katie and zach But the majority of people that I meet on these shows don't work out. So if you're offering me $ 500, 000 for, you know, that, I'm taking it. And I'm not apologizing for it.
Speaker 3: Honestly, smart approach. Like, not wrong. I can't fault you there.
Speaker 1: Speaking of relationships, you did form a connection with Alicia. What was it about her that attracted.
Speaker 3: You to her?
Speaker 1: And how did that go out of paradise, from paradise world into the real world?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the initial attraction. So that night, um, it's kind of funny to put yourself back in those shoes. Well, so the behind the scenes of that is that was, we had, we're getting rain delays a lot because there was so much rain going on in Costa Rica. So when we get told we're going to dress up as birds and dance around, like you have to get a couple shots of liquid courage in you, you know, unfortunately we dress up, I'm like covered in glitter and paint and whatnot. I don't really remember that night that well, like even Jill leaving.
Speaker 1: You don't remember your kiss with April?
Speaker 2: I remember that. It's tough to forget. Post-performance, post-peacocky, I guess you can say. I don't really remember much. And then, like, Jill left. I remember, like, my reaction was just like, what? Like, so taken aback. And it kind of wasn't, like, the nicest reaction, so to speak. It was almost so, you know, just taken off guard. But what initially attracted me to Alicia was– I guess, her outfit. She's stunning. She has beautiful eyes. And that was kind of the initial thing. And also, like, me and Jill, we definitely had friend vibes. Like, Jill's the best. She's so fun to be around. But we definitely both kind of knew we were friends. And we weren't– Jill and I aren't the ones who'd be like, oh, let's put on a show for the cameras. And, like, let's pretend to be, like, romantically interested. Like, that's not either of our personalities. So it was a new person coming in, and I knew that Jill and I were just better off as friends. So that's kind of what initially attracted us.
Speaker 1: Mm-hmm.
Speaker 4: So how did you and like Alicia's relationship kind of manifest throughout the, obviously we see to the end of Paradise, but once you guys like kind of transition into the real world.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So like end of Paradise, we, we go back and like, she, she at that point in time was like living in Tampa. So I was like, this is crazy. You know, we have, we're living in the same area, which on a show doesn't typically happen. You kind of got to, one person has to move. And that's the reason why it's really tough to make these relationships work post shows. So I was like, this is awesome. So we get back, have fun for like a week, meet her, meet her mom. And, you know, just started hanging out, get back in the real world. And then she told me, she was like, Hey, I'm going to go visit my sister out in LA. And I'm like, all right, cool. I'll see you in like a week. She just never came back. So like, yeah, she stayed out in LA and I didn't want to do long distance. I didn't see myself moving to LA. I got a house in Tampa. It was also like, you know, those are things you kind of got to plan out. So, Um, I didn't want to do distance. You don't want to do distance and then just, you know, kind of fizzled out that way. I haven't talked to her in forever basically.
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Probably almost a year. Like after the reunion of paradise where like, I felt I really, you know, could have, I had her back in a situation where I didn't necessarily thought I needed to. Um, so yeah, after reunion really haven't talked since.
Speaker 4: And when you say had her back, you mean the Kat and Dale drama of it all or something else?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. I didn't feel like at that point she had kind of gone out to LA. I didn't feel like I really, in the viewer's sense, we had just gotten off the beach and you're connected. But we had been separated for two, three months. And I felt like I didn't necessarily owe her me defending her in a sense. And I just didn't want to pile on in that way. But yeah, that's kind of what I mean by having her back when I didn't really need to.
Speaker 1: I remember when Paradise was airing, there were kind of rumors that you guys were together and then you weren't together. And then she was saying you guys are best friends. What was happening when all those rumors were swirling?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was weird. That was a really weird time because that was kind of around when we were out in London, Charity, and like Diane and the team and all the guys had gone to Europe like probably two or three weeks before that.
Speaker 3: Right, right, right.
Speaker 2: Galvanizing around Europe, having a blast. It was so much fun. And like all this stuff's going on where I like she would do it like a happy hour interview. And I felt like she would say stuff that wasn't necessarily, you know, true. Yeah. well it would just be like oh like the whole like Dale type of stuff where it kind of put me as like a last resort option but I'm like well if you felt that way like why would you go back to like Tampa why would we be dating so I felt a little bit uncomfortable in some of the ways that she explained things so then I'd bring it up and be like, oh, don't worry about it. No big deal. And then like, it would continue on like that in that sense. So it was just, I felt confused watching it back because I didn't know the stuff that we were seeing on TV and then seeing interviews. And yeah, it just was an interesting and confusing time, I would say.
Speaker 1: Were you guys officially dating like boyfriend and girlfriend?
Speaker 2: When we left the show? Yes. As it was airing, like probably like end of July, middle of July, end of July is when we like broke up I guess you said it's when she moved out to LA so like leaving the show yes and then we broke up pretty shortly after leaving the show.
Speaker 4: That's all right honestly it's totally fine we're all good where do things I mean honestly I know I'm like where do things lie with you and Kat like I feel like you guys are literally brother and sister like y'all have such a brother sister relationship it's like y'all hate each other but there will literally always be love there and I think people don't really understand that especially like in Bachelor Nation it's like how could they like, how could Sean do this? Or how could Kat, you know? And it's like, this is like, this is not a surprise to me. I'm like, this is so on brand for them too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It worked fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like we definitely don't talk as much as we used to, but like, there's never, there's not like, at least on my side, there's definitely no hatred towards Kat or anything like that. I mean, we went to Vegas for New Year's. Everything is great. And I know she's doing really well with her, her boyfriend. So like very happy for her and she seems very happy. So yeah, no bad blood. We are, I would say kind of like that brother sister, like relationship type of sense where, you know, sometimes you get into little fights and you.
Speaker 3: Know, everything moves over. That's also cat with anybody.
Speaker 4: I'm like, there's always something brewing, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And she seems like she's having an awesome summer and having fun. So every time I see her on Instagram, she's always smiling. It looks like she's doing good. So I'm happy.
Speaker 1: Speaking of dating, Sean, what is your dating life like today?
Speaker 2: Um, I would say it's good, healthy, I guess you can say. We love healthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would say in terms of dating, I made the decision this summer to leave Tampa and come back up to New York for the summer, just because, just because it's so freaking hot down in Florida. Like Rachel, you grew up there. It is miserable from June until, you know, September. So I'm single and I have a little dog that's about in, I work remotely so I can go and do whatever, wherever. So came up here this summer, definitely upstate New York's not the most plentiful of like attractive single women. Like where I grew up is very, very much middle of nowhere.
Speaker 1: There is a lack of hot blondes in upstate New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely a lack of hop. This is my rehab, actually. This is like my way to get over it.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So we're up here. We're having a good time. But like I travel so much. I was in Montauk for the fourth. I'm going to L.A. here in a couple of weeks. I'm going back down to Tampa to check on my house. I have this place called Saratoga 30 minutes from me, which is, you know, a big horse racing scene where everyone comes in for the summer. So yeah. I'm having a blast. Definitely meeting a lot of people and you know, it's a healthy dating relationship. It's just tough to have consistency when you're bouncing around so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So healthy just means, you know, you're having fun. No, you know, no heartstrings, whatever attached. It's just doing, doing Sean.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Just having a lot of fun. And, uh, you know, I feel like, man, it's, uh, I enjoy having freedom in life. And I feel like with my type of lifestyle right now, like traveling so much, you can meet people that also kind of want the same. And you can have very fun relationships and friendships that form. And as long as I feel like people are both open and honest about what they're looking for and not lead people astray, you can have success and have fun and be a good person doing that type of stuff. So I think that's important.
Speaker 3: So if you were to be single, let's say in a couple months, is there any interest in going back to Paradise? What's that look like? I'm like, we don't know.
Speaker 2: Are you done?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure I'm done.
Speaker 2: And it's nothing to do. I think Paradise is fun. I truly enjoyed all of my time on all the Bachelor shows I did. I've made so many good friends. I've had such a good experience with it. I just feel like reality TV dating hasn't necessarily worked out the best for me and may not necessarily be the best for like my personality type. Whereas I would love to do another television show. I just don't want to be forced into dating where if I can just be myself, I feel like it's a lot better of a situation for me long term. So I'm looking for more of a project like that where there might be a romance involved, but you're not like forced to date, if that makes any sense. So there might be something like that coming down the... Coming up here in the next couple of months, so we'll see.
Speaker 1: Are you saying you're going on another show?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm saying that. I feel like there's been conversations about it, but we'll have to figure out what's going on. This has nothing to do with The Bachelor, so it should be an interesting concept and I think would be fun. It's so, it's like not early on, but it is in a sense where, you know, some of these things that you get talked to about it and like have a lot of conversations, then it never ends up, you know, formulating anything. So I don't want to jinx it, but things look like it would be a really fun thing to do. And I do want to do it. So we'll see if it ends up working out.
Speaker 3: Exciting.
Speaker 1: We're rooting for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 4: And speaking of your dog really quick, um, cause Dot told me to ask about it. He said, ask Sean about his dog, which we saw your dog had surgery or like something happened.
Speaker 3: How is he doing?
Speaker 2: He's doing good. He had like a mast cell tumor like directly on his chest. So it was on the skin. So they took it out. Unfortunately, he's a French bulldog. So he's very muscular in general. And it literally looks like he got cut from like chest to chest. Like his entire chest got torn up.
Speaker 3: It was a huge scar, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's doing good. The problem is he's like impossible to not– he wants to be around you at all times. So if I'm on the couch, he jumps up on the couch. He's really not supposed to be doing that. And he popped his stitches the other day. So we had to go put him under again and like restitch him up. So he's doing a little bit better now. I got him on these sedative pills, but there's this one area that is a really tough place to heal. So I'm happy that it wasn't anything crazy serious, but he's doing good. And like, you know, a week, a day after he got like put to sleep and stitched up, he acts like the same dog. I'm like, this dog is just He just wants to be around you and have fun. Thank you for asking though. He's doing good.
Speaker 3: No, of course. I was like, I saw that picture and I was like, what happened? I was like, don't. He's like, no, Sean said he's fine. I was like, okay.
Speaker 2: So I thought it was going to be like a dime size incision. Like the tumor was very, it wasn't big. I came back. It literally looks like the Joker scars, like across his entire chest. And it was, it's mad. It literally is from his shoulder to shoulder.
Speaker 4: Did they explain why this, like why it had to be like the incision had to be so big?
Speaker 2: They said that it was, uh, they had to make sure they got all of like the tumor. And I guess the tumor, it's almost like an iceberg is the way they explained it to me. So like the top of it's not necessarily all of it. I'm not a, I'm not a vet, but they, they were very calm when they were explaining it to me and they were very happy with the results. And I'm like, this dog looks like you just harvested all of his organs. Yeah, it was crazy, but he's doing good. So I'm happy. And he's like the best thing. He's so, he's so fun to be around. He's so, so loving.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 3: Do you have him with you in New York?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's actually sitting outside here. I'm going to go grab him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let's say hi. Sean spoils that dog, like cooks steaks for him. I'm like, please, no. Steak is crazy. Sean is like the bougiest man. Dog dad? Dog dad, yes. i am i am cash is cashmere.
Speaker 4: Oh hi oh you're cute hello he looks very calm he.
Speaker 2: Just got a second set of the pill so he's just hanging out but if you can see it's like he got really cut up there.
Speaker 4: I see a little bit yeah yeah oh my goodness poor baby sweet boy.
Speaker 2: He's doing good though I do. So I make his own food. I heard you guys talking about how bougie the dog dad is. Like literally he eats better than most of America, like ground beef, rice, veggies. So when I had him as a puppy, he was, he would, he stopped eating. Like he wouldn't eat his kibble. So then the vet was like, you should, you know, I definitely try to make his own food. And since I started making his own food, he won't eat anything else. So like now I'm stuck. in the kitchen, you know, making ground beef and rice and veggies.
Speaker 4: And he's like, no, it's like when you fly first class, once you do it, you can't go back.
Speaker 3: Oh, we love that. Well, I'm glad he's doing good. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, happy to see him. Happy to see him happy and calm right now.
Speaker 3: So all is well. Good, good, good. Okay. Um, Sean, we are going to play a little quick game if that's okay.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: Okay, it is our behind the scenes photo deep dive.
Speaker 3: We've kind of been doing this recently with a lot of our guests.
Speaker 4: And it's been really fun so basically we're gonna show you some BTS photos the audience has never seen them before so We're going to have to explain what's happening in the photo for them. And for our audience who is listening on audio only, you can head over to Bachelor Happy Hour to look at the photos yourself. So we're going to share our first one. And let's see what we got in the archives.
Speaker 2: Oh, my gosh. Oh, boy.
Speaker 3: I'm screaming.
Speaker 1: Sean, if you could describe it for the audience and then give us the behind the scenes and tell us how many champagnes.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I want to describe it. are going on in this picture.
Speaker 2: Okay. So for the audience, this is the, uh, birds of paradise dance. Uh, I'm in the bathroom and I'm in a, uh, peacock skirt with, uh, wings attached to my back with, uh, I guess that's not Sharpie, but basically Sharpie that says, I want to flock, which is a play of words of, uh, you know, you can pull up, fill in the gaps. And I had this, um, bird mask on, it almost looks like I'm going to a masquerade. And that, by the look of my eyes and my smile, that's at least seven champagnes deep.
Speaker 3: As you should be in paradise.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: As you should be. Was this on a rain delay or was this before.
Speaker 3: It all started?
Speaker 2: That's definitely like mid-rain delay. And we were just, they had nothing to do besides just sit in the hotel room and drink.
Speaker 3: This photo is the summary.
Speaker 4: Of all of that.
Speaker 1: The mask looks a little lopsided, but it looks great nevertheless.
Speaker 2: The wings are lopsided. Everything's lopsided.
Speaker 3: Not great.
Speaker 2: Not great. Oh, my God.
Speaker 3: No way.
Speaker 2: No way. I love this photo.
Speaker 3: I love this one. So good.
Speaker 2: This is a good one. Oh, man. What's so funny is last night I was up in Saratoga and I was at like a horse racing sale. And I was talking to this lady that's from California. She's like, yeah, I'm from Oceanside. I'm like, no freaking way.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this is Sean on my season of The Bachelorette at our Barbie date.
Speaker 3: Obviously, he was a double denim kin.
Speaker 4: And I think it's either before he's about to perform or right after.
Speaker 3: But Sean obviously crushed that group date. He got the group date rose. So, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sean, tell us behind the scenes. I can't tell if this is before you performed or after.
Speaker 2: I can't tell either. I'm literally wearing no shirt, and I'm wearing Ken underwear with jeans that should definitely be pulled up a tad, but I had to apparently show off the Ken logo on the underwear. I don't know if this is before or after, but you can tell if you look at my face, my nose is so burnt. My face is so sunburned.
Speaker 3: Oh, I zoomed in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So that was because when we did the dodgeball day, we were outside for so long in the sun. So I was completely burned. My face like peeled off. But yeah, that was, that was the most fun day. I, even if I didn't like win the group date or anything, that was like so much fun. Cause I think the guys really leaned into it. We did have like truly such a fun time. And yeah, I, that was so much like Oceanside, California. What a, what a place.
Speaker 4: We literally made the most out of it because I was like, oh, shit's that interesting. But no, this was such a fun day. And I was like, honestly, very surprised that you guys all collectively leaned into it because I was like, OK, they're going to be some that's going to be like non like half ass it. But I was like, wait, no, you guys all took your like kins very serious.
Speaker 3: And I was like, this is so spot on for Sean. I was like, everyone picked the right like profile. You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: It's like I could not imagine you as anything else besides double denim. Dot as like the astronaut. Like John B as the nude kid.
Speaker 3: Like it's crazy. It all worked out. So it was such a fun day. Truly probably the best. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was so much fun. And like us, we picked it ourselves and it was random. Like you, sometimes you wouldn't be able to get the option that you wanted to, but I feel like, like you said, everyone morphed into their characters and it was, it was perfect. It was so much fun.
Speaker 3: Okay, we have the next. Please, this is crazy. That's me. That's when I was blonde. I'm like both of you guys. Wait, this is so insane.
Speaker 2: Oh, my Lord. Look at my.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of champagne happening in this picture. For those listening, it was from season nine Bachelor in Paradise Rose Ceremony. I think we were just like about to start the night.
Speaker 3: I hope to end it. I probably had three champagnes already.
Speaker 1: We're like you're about to start so fun yes that was start that was definitely.
Speaker 2: Start that was before we like began our night and uh we definitely looked like we've been drinking all day my hair looks like ace ventura when he like sticks his head out the window and it's just all over the place wait.
Speaker 1: This is so cute oh that was yeah paradise season nine so.
Speaker 4: Fun what week of like do you guys remember what uh rose ceremony week this was like was this early.
Speaker 1: I think it was like first one Oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. Honestly, I usually can tell from like at that point, like how long my hair got. And like at first I kept trying to do it. And then eventually you just give up and you're like, you know, I'm not even like using a blow dryer or gel. It's just it's going to be all over the place. So that looks a couple a couple weeks in. But yeah, that was I think I maybe was giving Rachel my rose that night. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think, because I was sitting in front of you.
Speaker 1: I think we were all sitting in front of who we were giving the rose to.
Speaker 3: Way cute.
Speaker 2: Cute.
Speaker 3: This dress is so cute on you, Rachel.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Carrie loved that one, too.
Speaker 3: I loved that. Wait, so cute. Okay, that's so cute. Yeah, and that's all the pigs, but these are, like, really fun ones.
Speaker 2: Those are good ones. Definitely bring back some good, fond memories, for sure.
Speaker 3: Perfect. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, Sean.
Speaker 4: And thank you for obviously coming on Bachelor Happy Hour. We are so happy that we got to catch up with you. Where can our listeners follow and keep.
Speaker 3: Up with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm pretty active on Instagram at Sean McLaughlin, but it was so great catching up with you guys. If I was John B, I would have made a joke like I'm on with both of my exes, but I'm not. So I didn't make that joke. So but it was so great talking to you guys.
Speaker 4: Classic joke it's like we already know I'm like it's always keyed up from John B but perfect okay and to our audience listeners you guys can follow us at bachelor happy hour and at bachelor nation make sure you rate review subscribe wherever you listen to your podcast and we will see you guys very soon bye