Speaker 1: John, Welcome to busting with the boys. As I was sitting down, you had some very choice I was just coming out of nowhere. You were ranking Texas running what he said, he said, better than any running back that's came out of Michigan. He said, Ricky Williams, Earl Campbell himself better than any running by this came into Michigan.
Speaker 2: Okay, Ricky Williams the goat smoking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Earl Campbell really good ball player. And you've had one year in the league. But I mean, we got to But we're talking.
Speaker 3: College I'm biased, but there's been like I mean, you got you got.
Speaker 2: Fifty five touchdowns. But what you say about Blake Krn's touchdowns.
Speaker 4: No, I mean no, I mean.
Speaker 3: Blake he's one of the best running backs COLLG football history. I give him that, But there was a lot of them touchdowns, one.
Speaker 2: Of the best college football history.
Speaker 4: Respect him heavy, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, you saw in the draft this year at the first running back taking off the board was from Texas.
Speaker 4: From Texas, how'd.
Speaker 2: Y'all do against Washington? How'd that go?
Speaker 1: We handled it for you? The next week, y'all did y'all did their business? Should win a national championship.
Speaker 3: You're right, You're right, but and congratulations, thank you very much. But yeah, we'll get that one next year.
Speaker 4: The coup.
Speaker 3: I think I think we're really good, even just us going to SEC, Like, I think we have like a really good chance of doing some good stuff.
Speaker 4: I mean, even we got everybody coming from the portal.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, you guys in Ohio State, what are they going to?
Speaker 5: Are they going to build the couture? How is it playing for? How is it playing for? Coach sark Man?
Speaker 3: It was so much fun, like just having you know him as is not necessarily a father figure, but like an older brother to come and like actually coach me and just take me in. And what was cool is like me and sark I was with them for the rise of what he has now. So you know, with like those those struggles that we went through, like that was like what we had to go through. And now seeing him, you know, be you know, respected around the whole college football everybody that that knows football, like it's pretty sick. Ain't gonna lie, but he's definitely the dude that I respect a lot, especially for like making me who I am today as a young man.
Speaker 4: But I love that dude.
Speaker 1: Man, Dude, Texas is such a dope university. We had the opportunity to go there and check it out.
Speaker 4: Where'd y'all go?
Speaker 2: We went? We were warning Austin last spring.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: But the uniforms just like how everyone kind of rides to the Longhorns there, it's a it's a university.
Speaker 3: It's crazy and it's cool because like like Texas, like it's not a it's not a college town, but it feels like a college town because I bade the campuses and then you got like downtown like five minutes away.
Speaker 2: So I love it so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you're coming up through high school, like what what made you choose Texas?
Speaker 3: Just just a lot of prayer, bro Like, like you know, my faith is my big it is my biggest thing. So I just knew like that's where God wanted me to go. And I mean what three years later, like he was right. But it was more so like the coaches there. I mean, I had like my first running back coach because Drake and he he was like the best college running back coach in the country. I mean he had like Ezekiel Elliott at Ohio State, like he did so many, he had so many guys. So when I went to him, it was like a no brainer. And my first year, like it was hard. It was hard, bro because I had I had COVID, so it was a COVID year for me. I came in in the summer, so I didn't have like that spring that spring development.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was.
Speaker 3: It was a good time, like just going there and learning from him at first, and then obviously he got a head coaching job and then the rest.
Speaker 2: Was history because any other school that came close State.
Speaker 3: So I hate to hear this, I hate to hear this, but like so I silently committed to Ohio State for a week.
Speaker 5: Silently committed for the second time we've heard that. I know, it's like that little yeah for a week.
Speaker 2: I'm just letting you know, Yeah, that side girl talk again.
Speaker 4: Here, That's what it was. And it was like it was more so.
Speaker 3: It was more so like people and players like in my ear telling me like you got to go here, you should go here, like we're gonna build the dynasty here, They're gonna be amazing, which could have been true, but I just knew, like, you know, I could I could really go to Texas for you know, a forty year decision and like not just football, but I can become somebody here and always come back here and always like feel like this is this was always the place for me.
Speaker 4: And then I mean that was the main decision.
Speaker 3: But yeah for a week, man, And I told the coaches like that was the hardest conversation in my life.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, how when you decommitted?
Speaker 4: How was it was tough?
Speaker 3: It was tough because I called I called the coaches and I was like, hey, look like.
Speaker 2: For you right now, immated last Monday.
Speaker 3: I committed on Monday. Yeah, now Saturday, and I called them. I was like, you know, this just isn't the.
Speaker 4: Place for me.
Speaker 3: Like having to say that to like a grown man and then him be like what are you talking about? Like I I sent all my running backs away like you were only one of was getting only guilt trip.
Speaker 4: It was man, it was crazy.
Speaker 5: It's got to be a heartbreak whenever that. Yeah, because he's a fire. I mean he was the man.
Speaker 2: He is the man.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's continued to stay yeah, man, then they fizzle out, still staying the man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I appreciate it. Yeah, Like it was just it was.
Speaker 3: It was just tough, like to have that conversation as a seventeen year old kid.
Speaker 2: And then him going the ran. You still just be like, I know, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: It was like I was with my family and they're just like like.
Speaker 1: Get him on speakerphone, Yeah, this phone, I know, coach, I'm sorry, coach.
Speaker 4: It was the biggest.
Speaker 5: Position coach and knowing like who they've mentored coach, Yes, what was the big pivotal.
Speaker 2: Thing for you?
Speaker 3: Was it that it was a position coach because you're just like you're gonna be with him your whole time, so I think and he and even just talking to like other running backs you know before before I got there, and like Reggie Bush, like his position coach in college was that was his guy. Like he said, this is the position coaches was most important because if you don't agree with him and he doesn't agree with you, then you're not playing and he doesn't trust you. And then he's he talks to the head coach like he's the most important important guy for yourself. So even hearing that, I was like, all right, so let me like actually build a relationship. And then the crazy thing is like nowadays in nil and stuff. Bro, No, No relationships are being built like and then that's why you see so many transfers and so many kids going to other places because they're getting promised one thing and then they're not producing on the field. So after one year and not even after one year, after one some like like spring semester, like they're leaving and I'm like, bro, Like, first of all, it looks bad in my opinion, but it's like you should have been building that relationship with the coach and knowing you can have that trust with him before you even get there, so you understand that when you're there, like you know what's gonna come, you know what's about to happen beforehand. So I think that's kind of where college football is changing. And I get it, like you got to make your money and stuff.
Speaker 2: No, not thinking too much long term, thinking like what did I get here? Now? Exactly did you ever get tempted by some pre in I l in I l.
Speaker 3: I never did never no once't say names.
Speaker 2: Yeah pre and iol.
Speaker 3: I didn't have but I didn't have it. I didn't have an io when I came. I know, so like even like the under the table stuff like it just never came across an don't name names. Did anybody ever try under the table stuff?
Speaker 4: And then they tried.
Speaker 3: They tried with my coach, my high school coach, and he was like, nah, like this isn't who like this is you got the wrong kid, Like he's not going to come here off of begging or off of trying to get him with some money, so that he that that all got sent away.
Speaker 2: Arizona man.
Speaker 1: Top five what that's the top five football stay Taylor.
Speaker 2: In the country. It is, Come on, are you from in Arizona.
Speaker 4: Tucson, Arizona?
Speaker 2: You A give you any interest? Zero?
Speaker 4: None? Like you have a you have a a s U.
Speaker 2: No a s U over U of a though.
Speaker 4: Like you like I feel like if a s.
Speaker 3: U was was a consistently really good team, like they would get everybody.
Speaker 1: Because the thing that's wild to me about as U is like they have all the makings to have a good team. They have great weather, beautiful people there, there's a lot of nightlife you can just bring like, hey, yo, we can create something beautiful.
Speaker 2: And you have so much fun. That's to say, so much money in Phoenix, so.
Speaker 3: Much you have and you have all these different areas like sponsors that will sponsor you, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, it was never you talk about building relationships and how it's become way more transactional in college coming in the NFL. This is truly where it's a transactional business. Like you can what's the phrase you use, you love me but don't trust me? Yeah, yeah, I love you, but don't ever trust me. Right, that's the kind of the mindset of all these coaches. They want to build a relationship. At any point. If you're not doing your job, we'll see you later, no doubt. Do you Are you aware of that and still continue to build relationships regardless, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely. I'm definitely aware of it.
Speaker 3: You know, I've seen that firsthand, Like you know, guys have been here and then next day, like they're not here anymore. And like my freshman, my freshman my first year last year, you know, just just during reco MINTI camp, like I was with so many guys up to that point, and then when we start with the team, then a lot of them are here and it was like it was like a shock to me. I was like, it's crazy. I just built a relationship with these kids, Like with these dudes and then now they're not here no more, and it's like, okay, so now you kind of see like where the business is. And then even even like coaches too, next day they're here, one day they or not. And I'm like, right, like this whole time we've been gelling. And but I see it, like like that statement right there, I feel it's true. But for me, I think it's still important to you know, build a relationship with those coaches because you know, like I was just telling him, like like Lord Willing, I could stay here in my whole career, but say I'm not, and say those coaches are somewhere else. Like you built those relationships so like they trust you, so when you're somewhere else and they're somewhere else, then they'll then they'll.
Speaker 4: Like bouch out for you and pick you up.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So that's why I think it's like, that's why I think you should keep keep the relationship out the whole time.
Speaker 2: Talk Talk Talk Us through your rookie year.
Speaker 5: I listen to your podcast you did on the Pivot, which is right before the drafty you do go the first round, which is awesome, and talk about that process getting draft in the first round and then kicking off your rookie year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I mean so so during that process, Like it's a long process. So just from from when I'm done with my last year in my junior year and then up to the draft, Like those five months, five six months are long, and it's repetitive of talking to coaches, going doing combined training, doing interview training, Like I'm doing so many things and.
Speaker 4: For me, like I love to do other stuff.
Speaker 3: So I want to be an actor when I'm done playing football one day. And I've been doing like acting classes, but that's those acting classes have been helping for the interview training because like it gets you comfortable and talking to coaches and get you comfortable and being in different areas with a lot of people in one setting. So like me having to go through that was was alarm process. But and then on top of that, like I was in the controversy of should you take a running back in the top ten, Like yeah, should you you know, yes, you know, he might have the talent, he might be the most talented, but like should you still do it?
Speaker 4: Should you invest in it?
Speaker 3: So I was like hearing all that type of stuff too, and like it was It was weird because like some days I'll be walking walking just on the street and you see a TV in a restaurant and it's like your face is the one that's up there on like should you do this?
Speaker 4: Should you do that?
Speaker 3: I'm like, and then that's the questions that I've been getting asked. So like that was like a definitely a different process for me. But I think when you do get drafted, like that was, it's like the best frienally ever obviously, and going to the draft like experiencing that, you know, if you have the opportunity to do that, I think you you most definitely should as a player. But then when I got here, you know, that's when we started started rookie mini camp and like that's what's about to happen right now here, and it's crazy like that was a year ago, but like that was I think that was like a really great process for me, rooky mini camp, because for me, like, yeah, I play more. I played running back, but I play other positions too, Like I play receiver, play slot. You can line me up anywhere. So like I really appreciate, you know, Arthur Smith for doing that to me because you know, with him, with him doing that for me, like now where I'm at, the game just like slowed down so much, like instantly because I'm learning so many different things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from linebackers to coverages to everything.
Speaker 3: So and then obviously with the season, like yes, it was definitely a blessing of a season, you know, for myself, but even just learning, you know, how guys are, how coaches are, like it.
Speaker 4: Was, it was definitely a fun a fun, fun time for me.
Speaker 1: Was it the hardest thing for you was the speed of the game at first? Or what was the biggest culture shock for you diving to the NFL your first couple of games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it wasn't really the speed of the game, because dudes are a little faster than college. But I think it was more so like dudes are smarter in the league, so like you're not going to see a lot of guys like miss their gaps. You're not gonna see a lot of guys under pursuit, and dudes are always chasing the ball somewhere somehow. But I think you know, when you when you get a grasp of it and understand it, then then y'all you'll start to click. But when you find your rhythm. Then then it's like you're playing collegeball game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when that camerangle came out, you're shifting around and that shit was nasty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and for me, So for me, like in college, like I would bring out the shifts and stuff sometimes, but like not a lot. But I think I think now in the NFL it gives me way more freedom to do that because dudes are coming from different angles in different areas and you're always trying to get yards, but you're always trying to find a way to like make somebody miss because somebody's always right here.
Speaker 4: So I get to like.
Speaker 2: Obviously just slow a process down that I can.
Speaker 3: I'll feel a defender coming any which way, and then I know I have to do something real quick because if I don't, like they're going to make a tackle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So like breaking tackles for me is like it's a fun thing, which is interesting.
Speaker 2: Breaking tackle is a fun thing. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: It's fascinating to hear him talk about it because it's it's like clearly he's like, I've added more shift shiftingess to my game, but basically because the game has gotten faster, he's developed quicker.
Speaker 3: There is That's exactly it so like because the game's gotten faster, like I have to get faster in my process and.
Speaker 1: Just set your head, I'm going to get faster and well.
Speaker 2: Even his instincts it ends up coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like it's like you're in the I don't even know how to explain it if you could, if I if I, if I could, It's like you're in a I haven't seen a John Wick.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you have seen John Wick?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So there's like the scene and like John wait two and like they were all surrounded him and he was just like looking around like trying to find anything, but they were all attacking him. But like that's kind of like what you're in when you're going up against.
Speaker 2: And you're figuring it out.
Speaker 3: You're figuring it out, just feeling one thing to the next and versus fast. But then when it slows down then it's like then that's when it gets dangerous.
Speaker 2: John Wick or Jason Bourne Wick.
Speaker 4: Have you seen Jason? I have?
Speaker 3: I have?
Speaker 4: I have seen them all. I haven't seen him.
Speaker 3: But okay, that's right, Okay, I can't say I can't say that if I haven't seen them all.
Speaker 2: You can stand on business. I'm whatever you want.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to have your opinion on busting with the boys.
Speaker 2: Yea who in a straight fight?
Speaker 4: John Wick is like never lost to me.
Speaker 2: He actually loses frequently.
Speaker 4: He does.
Speaker 1: He does frequently gets a lot of help, but he.
Speaker 4: Loses in a way that he looked like he won.
Speaker 2: Like he does.
Speaker 4: He does.
Speaker 1: You got to go back and wants the Jason Bourde movies. He never actually gets his ass beat. There's not one scene he's like that tactical. He's always one step ahead of the game. John Wick. How many times in those movies JP was he just his ass was saved?
Speaker 2: The last movie he's going up those damn stairs.
Speaker 1: He gets his ass kicks seventeen times and gets his ass saved. It's great, but it's a great movie. No we did it. You talk about like things clicking for you. At what point the season last year, we're like, okay, like I'm officially finding my speed. Rob is to touch above everybody else.
Speaker 3: So that first game of the season, I like had this touchdown and when my first touchdown, like I made this move and broke a couple of tackles. At that point, I was like, oh shoot, like I could do this like at a high level. But then the second game we played the Packers, and like I walked on the field and obviously, like God gifted me with talent and everything, but then it's like you walk on the field and like everything's just slowing down. It's like slow motion, and like I'm in the huddle, and when I like break the huddle, it's like I'm backing up and they're like moving slow.
Speaker 4: It's like some it's insane.
Speaker 3: And so when I when the ball snaps, like I'm anticipating everything like quick quick, and I mean, that was an awesome game, but it was just like the and I never even explained this, but it was just like the process of like what I was processing during that game and then the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: It was something that like I was like, man, this is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: And obviously like you got to watch a lot of film and that's all that film study and everything like that to anticipate everything, but actually like feeling it and seeing it that fast, it was pretty It was pretty dope.
Speaker 5: Last year, Like on the outside looking in, I want to say it was maybe the middle of the year. Your workload would shift around and I feel like Coach Smith would get questioned about it and wouldn't say too much about anything happening behind the scenes or wouldn't really tip off anything that's going on. Is there anything that was happening in the middle of the year to where your workload was shifting or to where you're hearing the same stuff the external noise and whatever conversations you're having with Coach Smith's behind closed doors, Like you know, people who are curious about what.
Speaker 6: Was going down last year? Is there any insight to that? Yes, Oh, it was more so of me hearing the external noise. And like, you know, fantasy football is a big thing.
Speaker 2: It's so like I had you, I had.
Speaker 3: So like a lot of people had me on their fantasy team, so we would get lot.
Speaker 2: Of check your dms.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like here in the middle of the season, you know, so so Coch Smith was you know trying to you know, make me comfortable in the game and make me comfortable with situations, and you know he was just you know, trying to protect me and do what every coach like because what Coach Smith didn't want to do was was Derrick Henry me year one, like twenty eight carries, twenty five carries like you're taking all this workload year one because he was trying to like gradually get me, get me ready to eventually do all that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: But probably from all over the field.
Speaker 3: You're right, and like at the be end of the season, like those first five games, like it was I was like rolling, and then like in the in the middle of the season, it was more so okay, it's like let's get him, let's get him back to like gradually kind of you know, getting them right.
Speaker 5: Were you injured, Whe's there stuff going on towards saying, hey, we want to Okay, I know we're we're picking up your workload, like let's kind of maybe mitigate some of the reps in the middle of the year and start to make a run at the end of the year.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but it was that, but it wasn't like because of the injury and at the same time, like my workload was becoming excessive, and you know, I was I was running go routes, I was motioning, I was doing all types of stuff, running the football, blocking in on third down. And you know, for me, like we have Tyler Algiers, he's the other running back. He's super good, and you know, we played off each other really well, and which obviously helped both of us a lot, but you know, it was more so like doing all those extra things to to be the decoy for the defense, you know, because if I go on motion and then that everybody's up, yeah, then it would shift on the defense and it could open somebody else up. So like that was that was where his thinking was. And yeah, it you know, my worklow wasn't a lot like it. It would decrease in terms of like getting carries and stuff, but he was just trying to, you know, gradually get me right in different situations. Because obviously, like towards the end of the season and then it started picking up again, but it was just at like the middle point of the season.
Speaker 4: That that's where his and that's where his mind was at.
Speaker 2: Now are you guys talking through this wall, it's all going.
Speaker 3: Down as Yeah, like we're all we were always on the same page.
Speaker 4: We're always on the same page.
Speaker 3: Obviously everybody else didn't agree with it, but we always knew, you know, what the plan was. And he told me what the plan was before the season even started, and I was perfectly okay with it. But and everybody was but I mean as you start getting questions from the media and as you start going on like there it is, yeah, there it is, And then you have you have fantasy you know players, you know, and on social media like what's going on?
Speaker 4: What was happening? Like, so it.
Speaker 3: All tied in, but we were always like on the same page. And then towards the end of the season, that's what everything started to pay back up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you uh, when this is all going down and like you're getting this heavy workload. Then towards like the middle lull, Yeah, everyone started to ask questions. At any point, did you want to be like, hey, this is part of the plan. Did you ever want to speak up for that situation or you just kind of had to sit back and let the noise be noise.
Speaker 3: I just kind of sat back and let let the noise be noise, and you know, yeah, I'll get media questions from the media, and I was just kind to tell them like like you just said, like you know, this is all part of the process. You know, this all guy's plan, like which it was like and just for me just understanding mentally and physically where where I was at. But then you know, when when when things did start, you know, picking up. Then then we saw the end the vision of it. But that middle like three four weeks, it was like yeah, like what's happening? And but we we knew the whole time, like where we were going with it.
Speaker 5: What kind of jump do you see yourself making going into year two? Like what are your what are your goals and aspirations for b Jhon Robinson?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean obviously, Bro like to to elevate as a teammate. So I want to be like I want to leave by example in a way that you know, everybody will be on the same page, you know what I'm doing, and you know, for me, I think it was really good to have, you know, the vets that we did have last year because I learned so much from them. Like even like Kalays Campbell like Bro, like he's ultimately he's got that voice too, got that voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He would just sit down with me, Like he sat down with me at the end of the season and he was like, yo, be like you can really be the best running back in the NFL for a long time, Bro, And he was saying, but you shouldn't go in every day saying that like you obviously you're very humble, but you should. You should just do it by your work and just show everybody because for me, like I'm big with finishing, so like after a run, I finished always in the end zone. Sometimes coaches hate that, but you know, my coaches like are cool, like they love it because it shows everybody else like that's what we got to do. And you know, for me, I think just me doing that type of stuff in practice, and you know, even just asking questions to other players on what their goals are and where they want to see each other because obviously I think as a team, you know, we want to win the super Bowl, like like but that's what everybody says, Like everybody's like, we want to win super Bowl, we want super Bowl. But it's like, what are you going to do you know as a team, you know, and when nobody's watching, And you know, I think team dinners like stuff like that are always a big thing because you build.
Speaker 4: So much chemistry.
Speaker 3: And that's why I appreciate like even Kirk, because we be out there, you know, grinding every single day on offense, like trying to just build the most chemistry because obviously we're on the field. Then that's what what we're trying to do is be great. And then for me, like, yeah, obviously I have these goals that I that I set for myself, and I set stronomical goals, like I think I even said an interview that I want to get two thousand yards, but like it wasn't me saying that. It was just the goal I have to set for myself because obviously, like we have Tyler al Jerry, like we have you know, that one two punch, and I just want us to just kill the.
Speaker 5: You're not saying it to diminish anything else. You're saying like, yeah, I'm trying to get two k facts facts, So like you can take that and run with that quite a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, with uh you brought up Kirk cousins, like what was your reaction when Atlanta signed Kirk and how has your relationship grown since.
Speaker 2: You've met him?
Speaker 4: Man? I mean I was happy.
Speaker 3: Man, I was happy, you know, just because like, yeah, I mean I feel like, yeah, he is a top ten quarterback. But you know, I think because you know, with his faith, just how good of a dude he is to other people, to his teammates.
Speaker 4: That's why I was excited like I.
Speaker 3: Knew he can come in here and you know, Joe right away with all of us, because you know, I think the cool thing that Terry obviously Raheem, Arthur Blank, Arthur Smith, what they all did is like they got really talented dudes, but they got really good dudes at the same time. And obviously he's a good dude. So I think he would come in here and you know immediately like Joe with the team, and that's that's really what he did. And I mean our relationship is strong already, and you know, just having talks with him and understanding like where his his vision is and you know where he's coming from and how you know he wants everybody on the offense to you know, have the best seasons that they've ever had. Like that's that's huge for a quarterback coming in because obviously, you know, when you're a quarterback, like you know, you want that like.
Speaker 4: Me, me me type of glory.
Speaker 3: But with him, it's like it's all of us and we're off on the eat in this offense. He's a worker and everything else, even a meeting proven meetings, like like he's telling you exactly how he how he sees it, how he wants it how it should be, and I mean I never had that, so like having that and even like in practice, he'd be like, this is where where.
Speaker 4: It should go. This is where how how I see it?
Speaker 3: And he he hits it there every time and it's like this is the game change right here.
Speaker 1: So seen your facial expression too about Kirk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's exciting. Seen crypt chains yet, like the change around No, no, no, does he have the chain? Is locker?
Speaker 4: His ultimates.
Speaker 2: They came out yet I can't wait to put a chain on there. You know what, what else do we have for Bjeon?
Speaker 5: I got I got one. Hey, the Bjon Mustards and the mustard. Let's talk about the brand of the mustard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the mustard came out like two years ago, and you know it was all it was all from like an idea of two guys, David and Craig. They are the other owners of the mustard too, and they came with this like whole presentation of like.
Speaker 4: What it it's going to become, like what it should be.
Speaker 3: This is before anything, and we're like in the top golf like meeting room. So they came with it and at first I was like it's kind of cheesy lokey, like you know that, you know, this is a little weird. But uh, like they had like billboards and like murals and they had like it's selling in stores, and I was like, yeah, this sounds really good, but I mean I just don't know how it's gonna be, so like.
Speaker 2: Is it gonna sell?
Speaker 4: It's gonna sell.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the two months later it came out in that summer, and you know, it was like a big thing, like the pr and everything, and people were like like this dude has his own mustard. Like that's kind of where it was at first, and so people started buying it online and then like a whole bunch of people, like we saw we saw an order cell from like a little bit to like it just skyrocketed out of the blue and so we like made merch we made all types of stuff, and I think the first six once it was out and it was during that football season, it was like the highest selling condiment in the US.
Speaker 2: What congrats on that?
Speaker 4: It was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: That's a big game too.
Speaker 1: Some big dogs in that game, Hines, Yeah, big, some big dogs.
Speaker 3: And it's crazy because you know, even even in like the grocery stores like in Austin. Obviously we're trying to get it across the country and in every grocery store. But like every week you'll go to the grocery store and it's gone, and then you'll have every other condiment still there and they're just like keep reloading it. So and it's cool because I mean people like when they get the mustard, like they'll like take a picture with it, like they're like happy about it.
Speaker 4: Like you don't.
Speaker 3: You're not going to hines, you catch up or muster like settle, you know, and it's like it's not cool, but it about to buy it up. Maybe the probably they did, like obviously like somebody, you're open for.
Speaker 5: Business business, have you done anything creative marketing wise yourself outside of like marketing planes, Like right now I'm thinking to myself.
Speaker 2: Was pretty creative. He needs to have the mustard, like you.
Speaker 5: Know, somebody one of the equipment guys has in the bag, but he has it out on the field. Not out on the field, but on the sideline and after he scores, it's like he jogs over to the sideline and just takes a shot of the mustard, which that right there is just I mean, so there's your advertising. Yeah, if you have water, just a bottle, you just go right back. It's like Marshawn eating the Skittles.
Speaker 4: That's a matter of fact. Like that one's free.
Speaker 3: We've done like marketing stuff obviously with the commercials and stuff, but that one right there, like after a touchdown and like somebody just throw it in the like throw it from the crowd, like throw it at me.
Speaker 2: You know, we can do a lot in the sideline. Yeah, get a couple throw to the fans and let them do it.
Speaker 1: Let them do it, bro keep it under the goalpust a hot dog and the mustard score touch down, put the mustard on top that that would probably be a fine though. That's all right, He's fine for sure, right on.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: It's nothing. It's a long term play you could do.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well one hundred percent has to have the design of your mustard and.
Speaker 3: Then we have like the mascot. We have the mustard maskot. So yeah, so it'll be at all the games.
Speaker 4: It's me.
Speaker 3: On my phone like yeah, but yeah, he's just at all the games, like at the Falcon games, like it's in the stadium for re at Texas games, like they're just walking around just and it's a big attraction, Like it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for you to negotiate your second contract to Arthur Blake and your mustard. You're going to do this. This is the only condiment you're allowed to happen there.
Speaker 1: And he just sits there and twittles his mustache, agrees confidently, shakes your hand. I know we're about to slow this thing down a little bit. But and see, did you.
Speaker 4: Ever play the game and loved it?
Speaker 2: Loved it? How heartbroken are you that you're not going to ever be at the game very much? Just missed that time? You will be? I think Legends.
Speaker 3: Twenty five, Yeah, that'd be cool, but I'm heart broken bad like I was three years two years off, two years off.
Speaker 1: I hated to bring that up. But it is coming out really soon, it is. And so when it comes out there, you're.
Speaker 4: Gonna play July.
Speaker 1: July, middle of July. They're like announcing everything. I think next week or something.
Speaker 4: Stuck on that game.
Speaker 2: You're a gamer.
Speaker 4: I'm a gamer.
Speaker 2: What your game with? Spa gamer? And after dude combo.
Speaker 3: There it is so like I love I love FIFA mm hmmm, I love like I love two k Maden. I'm okay at like UFC like that's my stuff right there.
Speaker 2: Okay. So would you say you're the best gamer in the locker room.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of dudes that are actually like real like so like Coop, he's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Can't count. Can't count kickers. They have more time than everybody else to do they That's true.
Speaker 4: That is true.
Speaker 3: Even even in college, like the kickers were just like just way better than me for for no reason.
Speaker 5: And I was like, come on, man, all the games, ping pong, all.
Speaker 1: We had kickers in college that it was like not their day to kick. So I'd be like walking out to practice and they'd be like, oh, we're going to the movies.
Speaker 2: God damn it, it was they were going to the movies.
Speaker 1: Yea Kern and uh who was Ryan.
Speaker 2: Suck up? Ryan suck Up?
Speaker 5: And Kern would be breaking down, like we're in meetings and they'd be breaking down golf courses. They just be playing out golf trips and breaking down.
Speaker 2: We're going like we have a break to go to the bathroom and stuff.
Speaker 5: You kind of go in, hey, what do you guys and they're like literally breaking it get like stapled papers and everything, breaking down golf courses.
Speaker 2: Speaking of golf, like who's your favorite golfer? Tiger Woods? All right, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: I don't watch enough Max Homa Okay, oh yeah, that's that's one.
Speaker 5: He's been on the pot. He's one of the Scottieffer sure. Yeah, just kind of came on. He kind of came on to the scene this year by yeah.
Speaker 3: Golf, I'm not golf, but I'll watch it and I played it.
Speaker 2: You watch golf?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for really, you have it on and you're like you're stuck to the TV watching watch it.
Speaker 2: Watch get behind that man, he said, he I played on PlayStations.
Speaker 4: And that's kind of why I watch it.
Speaker 2: Good are you can you hoop?
Speaker 4: Nahed?
Speaker 2: I was gonna go. I was gonna get him going. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean we asked coach raw this, like who's got the best athletes NFL or NBA?
Speaker 4: NFL?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's no question.
Speaker 3: Like, no, no NBA player can play NFL, but no NFL player can play in the NBA.
Speaker 1: Oh you're trying to line down the middle. There's nowhere to go.
Speaker 2: Both think so who Devin fun is now JP Okay, but that's awesome, Like that's awesome for us.
Speaker 4: One in a million, like and a lot of guys.
Speaker 2: Michigan guy to talking on nasty about Michigan guys here, we don't.
Speaker 4: That's great, Whitecorn. No, I'm talking about the NBA.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't watch basketball watch Actually I focus on football. Dude're a football guy, all right?
Speaker 2: No, no, No, offensive line we had fourteen of them in the league.
Speaker 1: That's more than any other college. That being said, Atlanta Falcon's office line talks to me, how awesome Jake Matthews is He's Is he the longest tenured Falcon?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It is? He just uh is it greaty?
Speaker 4: And is he? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is Jake talking about Jake's personality like your classic offensive lineman keeps to himself.
Speaker 3: No, no, not, He's got to like open, like when he opens up to you, like Jake's my dog. Yah, that's my dude, man. I mean obviously all five of them are. I mean the whole office line room is like super dope. But like when you meet Jake, I mean, when you know Jake, he's just like the most laid back, chill dude. I mean talks about everything, can talk about everything, and he's still funny, Like he still has that funny personality side to him. That's my dude, man, Like for a vet, that's the what I want to have.
Speaker 1: Can you do me a favorite? We have a segment called Tier Talk. Yeah, and Tier Talk is basically ranking whatever whatever the topic is. Can you tear talk me your three favorite players on the Atlanta Falcons?
Speaker 4: Okay, I feel like that's like a trick question.
Speaker 2: You can give an honorable mention, you just got to answer. It's gonna suck for you to hear this.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I love everybody. Started three, started three, started three. If there's an.
Speaker 1: Honorable mention, going throw a few in there. If you need to take a minute too, we got we got time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So number three, I'm gonna have to say matthew Ber No, no, no, I'm playing man.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Matt, that's gotta be tough, brother.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna say Zach Zach Harrison number three, Matthew Berger around number two, and then Tyler Alger number one.
Speaker 2: No audible mention, audible mention. Uh.
Speaker 4: The rest of the I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: Liam, he's our long snapper, that's a fire dude, fire dude or Jesse.
Speaker 2: Bass I find a very interesting.
Speaker 1: Jake Matthews did not make that after talking so nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your team, your team, I am. I am close everybody.
Speaker 5: How about your top three running backs in the NFL right now? And if you could give a little synopsis on what makes him great?
Speaker 4: All right, then I'm I'm well, my first one.
Speaker 3: Number one is christ McCaffrey just because, like you know, his his stopping start is incredible, and you know, I watch this game so much, like I compare my game to his just the most because I feel like we do the most similar of So I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say him, and then I'm gonna say Brice Hall is the other one, okay, just because like his patience, how he you know, invades, breaking tackles, how he getting he still has a long speed, He's the other one. And then my third I'm gonna have to go with I'm gonna have to go with who probably Saquon I mean, yeah, I know his like his situation has been tough, but like I think just raw just give the talent for a running back, I think he got that and his like lateral movement, how he can bend and make cuts still, like.
Speaker 4: How big he is, Like I think he's he's the other one.
Speaker 2: So it's a solid list. That's a good list. I want to say those three, that's a good list.
Speaker 4: Put myself in there.
Speaker 2: The boy.
Speaker 1: I know, I was thinking that tale, but I didn't want to be such a home Henery.
Speaker 6: Ah see Actually I mean him in his prime, like you know he's he's Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's yeah, most definitely he had two k Yeah, he did behind this offensive line that year five games. What's up? I'll take that. Come on, take credit for that, though.
Speaker 4: Who's who's your top three?
Speaker 2: Just podcasters?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Matter, yeah, podcast podcasters, rogans Rogan's one. But what makes him the one, Like his ultimate curiosity, he's so present and he's so his ability to be so curious about the subject at hand and be able to break that down and have information about it is. I think that's a that's a one of one talent.
Speaker 2: In his range.
Speaker 5: I mean, he can literally crazy range anybody on and he does his he does his prep work.
Speaker 1: He's what what was that supposed to go three first?
Speaker 6: But he's yeah, yeah Brogan, God, what about full seeing like.
Speaker 4: Boys, Yeah, dogs.
Speaker 2: Those guys are awesome.
Speaker 1: I don't know, But like, what's the category that we're talking about when it comes to podcasts like that?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, just whatever the.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm talking about. There's like so many podcasts. And then Milk Boys have a massive audience. They do a great job and their content is amazing. But are we talking about uh, their interviews, how they approach the interview, those types of things, because then I think it does change a little bit because their their audience is insane.
Speaker 2: Okay, and those guys, they are good dudes.
Speaker 4: And then I would say, just like interviews.
Speaker 5: Interviews, just being the well, like I would say, you heard of him, Okay, armchair quarterback, he's our armchair expert. He's really good man who I found myself listening to a lot. I mean, THEO there.
Speaker 4: So funny.
Speaker 2: And I feel like he's developed over time too.
Speaker 5: He's a lot more comedy in the start, because obviously he's a comedian. But I feel like he's starting to get he's starting to create a range and a variety for himself where he's handling himself well in all these conversations.
Speaker 4: I like that is he like in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: He's in nae ye, Nashville. I think he's put between the Nashville maybe l A. I'm not sure. Yeah, he do Nashville. He was doing the pod with the shop right for a minute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ye, but yeah, that's a solid three. You got Rogan and Armchair Expert back Shepherd. I've never seen armer expert one time, but I'll co sign it.
Speaker 2: What's another? What's to think? Because Shoals has a really good one. Yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I've seen I've seen his clips. I've never really watched the show. I think he's really good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's hard, I know there's something. Yeah, I don't digest a whole lot. I mean, and that's based on like what I listen to, Like we can't we can't not talk about the boys part of my take.
Speaker 4: P m T.
Speaker 5: They're like the number one sports pod. They have been for a long time. Kelsey Brothers have a great pod.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're massive spin chickles all Barcel everybody with Barsel listening all the Barcel pods. Yeah, pm T probably is like they would probably be up there with Rogan the Poppy too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, they don't see and being at the top for as long as as long as they have each other having the same sense of humor, like they do a great job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's that's there.
Speaker 5: You go.
Speaker 2: There's there's your top whatever.
Speaker 1: Top twenty six, right, there was your top left tackles. Okay, my top left tackles. Trent Williams is one easy above and beyond dog man the best one. He's the best one. I wish I had a list to look at. So I'm trying to go through. Okay, Matthews, I think Seattle.
Speaker 2: That's West.
Speaker 1: Tunsil is probably in there. Yeah, I'm just trying to run through it all because like, uh, I think Jake's great. I think who's hot, Tunsil, Houston is Tunsil, He's nasty.
Speaker 2: Who's saints? They got nobody? Well, no, respective, I'm just trying to think of names. Yeah, let me do I'll do.
Speaker 1: Trent Tunsil. Let me get Dean Dawkins for three. Honorable mention to our boy, Jake Matthews. I still hold a lot of animosity towards him.
Speaker 2: Lass Room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were sitting like in a room outside of Radio City and we kind of like started talking because we were both doing the you know, top tackles in the drive, kind of sizing each other up a little bit, but like being respectful the same guy. I'm kind of both doing the uncomfortable thing together. And so I was like, Hey, where do you want to go? And he's like, honestly kind of looks around as if somebod's actually listening to us for tackles. He's like, Atlanta would be sick. I was like, dude, same. And then that Monday before the draft, Atlanta flew to me and they're like, if you're there at six, be ready, and I'm like, I'll be there. I will be there around six. Comes around and I'm like fired up, and the phone starts ringing on Jake Matthew's table and he's like two tables away from me too, and his family started celebrating. I was so fucking mad. I was so tight because that's where I wanted to go. I was like, al sick flower Branch. I came down here, checked it out. Arthur Blank was kind of dope too. Seems like a couple of guys not himself personally. I made the re correct phone calls to get things done, and I respect that if you're able to get away with that, and so for me, I was like, yeah, I'd be kind of sick. And then Titans called me and I was mad about that because they had two tackles.
Speaker 2: I was mad as about it.
Speaker 4: Wait, so you're with Arthur Smith.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's that's our guy. He was one of the boys.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: He was a control guy when I first got there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we would do these pursuit drills where they like hold up balls in the corner of the end zones and we would just run and try to punch the ball out and I would literally beat the ship up.
Speaker 2: I would run about, tackling the ground, start punching the ball.
Speaker 3: Brother. Think I love about him though. It's like, yeah, obviously he's a great coach and like we built the relationship. But like, bro, his dark comedy hilarious like like if you're if you're like if you're like a whisper like something like that. Bro, you can't handle like coach Smith because like he'll joke with you and it's hilarious. Quick, quick, it's hilarious.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: Like he's got good group chat humor as well.
Speaker 3: He does he does oh my gosh, like he put he put us in a group chat some of us off the players and just send the most like crazy things.
Speaker 4: But like it was so funny.
Speaker 3: It was so funny, and I mean that's like, man, he can definitely like relationship, but like any player, just office comedy because.
Speaker 4: I mean that dude was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Bro, I love that You've just added one more though. Top three coaches you've ever had?
Speaker 4: Top three coaches?
Speaker 1: This is this has been a fun transition, I guess, yeah.
Speaker 4: Like ever in my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, well number one, I'm gonna have to go with my high school coach, coach Benet. Then it's Bene. He's kind of like Coach Smith just off like like he's very he's like the greatest coach in Arizona history, high school coach Charlie Rag.
Speaker 1: But yeah, go ahead, all right, just arguing about whatever.
Speaker 3: But you know, even even just him like developed being like helped develop me and me to become like a respectable man and just like be a great kid.
Speaker 4: He was that guy.
Speaker 3: Uh. But then number two, I'm gonna have to go ahead, Coach Choice to Shark Choice. He was my coach at Texas, running back coach in Texas. I mean, like his energy is like awesome, Like I mean, he brought about it every day every day and then watch I bet, I bet at the end of all this, like Rahim is gonna be my number one. But I'm gonna say he's already like Danner up there, bro, like Rahiem is fun for a month and he's already like that guy. I mean just his presence and like obviously like he's gonna coach you like and get everything out of you, but he's gonna do it with you like you be seeing him on the field like in drills, like in the drill, and I'm like, I just never had a coach like that before. And then even my coach Petriot, he's I guess he'd be like my number three and he's my running back coach now and like my dog for life, that no doubt.
Speaker 2: I hear. I gotta I have a question.
Speaker 5: People would assume that a cat like yourself, five star recruit, best you know, drafted top ten, you're the man even currently that somebody like you wouldn't have faced a lot of adversity. What are one of the more trying times you've had in your career as a football player.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, while I faced like I saw.
Speaker 3: For me, I think I faced a lot of adversity just going to Texas and not having a winning team.
Speaker 4: Like when we would lose, like a lot of.
Speaker 3: It would be on me and you know, like we would go eight and five and then it would be like nine to four or something like that, like that's a bad season, like Texas and for me being like the leader of the team, like who people watch.
Speaker 2: Like you know it was had the guy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was hard, like and sometimes I would catch myself like going to Twitter and seeing what people would say and type.
Speaker 2: In your name's all been there? You shouldn't you know, you shouldn't.
Speaker 3: I'm like I should not be doing this, but like and I'm glad I did it then because obviously I tripled out and now I don't care like care people think, but like then it was like, all right, what's happening?
Speaker 4: Like what did I do? What's the small mess up that I did to make.
Speaker 2: This kind of had a nice game with people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I had a nice game, But I still want to see, like what's it? So it's like all that kind of stuff was was a learning lesson for me, But it would be like more adversity of like trying to get teammates on the same page as you, and sometimes like teammates went to went to the school because of just the name, like they weren't invested in in the in the in the play, like they just wanted because they want to go to frat parties and say I'm a football player, like that's all. And I was like, that's cool, but I don't think you're really getting none out of it by doing that, Like why don't you want to be a great player?
Speaker 4: Didn't do it?
Speaker 2: Like I just didn't know where where the where their minds were up. Yeah, they're messed up.
Speaker 3: And then even you know even here, like man, this team is is so tight, that we're so close, and like just some of those heartbreaking like losses from last year, like it was it was, you know, really hard because obviously, like those are the ones that you want and those are the wins that you want. But you know, with the NFL, like we we would put ourselves in in some situations where it was just hard to come out of from from some of those games, and then it would end up in a two point loss, three point loss, and it's just like we know, if we won that game, like we would be like easily in the playoffs. But it's like those little things that I had to learn from and come over because I think, you know, God plans everything. You know, you have a setback for huge setups for everything. So like that's where that's where the setup really is, and that's where where we're right now. And I feel like where we're right now is where the setup is is happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So man, we appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can tell that you love ball, like you know, being a good teammate, you care, which is going to take you a long way, Like you know, there's there you you you've probably seen it already. There's just guys in the league that you know, they don't take losses hard. They don't see it that way. They don't come in the next day at work and you're just like, man, why don't you care about this the same way I feel like I'm caring.
Speaker 4: About this, no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 2: But you can tell you love ball, man, And we appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 4: Man. Thanks for having me. Man, this is fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do appreciate it. Hey, the mustard move, I'm.
Speaker 4: Yes, address give you like a care package and.
Speaker 2: I'll show you the technique and everything.
Speaker 4: Please do. Yeah, there is a video.
Speaker 3: There's videos of dudes just like going crazy with it, telling you, yeah, I'm like that's insane.
Speaker 4: I would never do that.
Speaker 2: After a touchdown, you will, yeah,