Speaker 1: Yeah, So what do y'all think of this outcome of Netflix. Let's be real with the people.
Speaker 2: I know they want to know, y'all.
Speaker 3: So the viewers, I feel like, got a story, you know, based off of just obviously what they saw, and they don't have the full story.
Speaker 2: And am I wait? Never out of my lady? Be like you was in the moon one. So what is gonna be? Baby squad?
Speaker 4: We've been good issues running on us.
Speaker 5: What you need?
Speaker 2: Maybe won't you keep me company? Give me tell them to du and get holy. I just swing for you when we get home, if you let me put it down the sound.
Speaker 4: Welcome back, Welcome back, Welcome back, y'all in the building. We are back for another episode of Humble Batties. I'm sure Risotto, I'm Ashley Nicole, and I'm Alexis.
Speaker 2: Watcht out of myer and we are the Humble Batties. Not a little glo going on, ladies. Some song. You know you've been in the sun. You've been catching some rays.
Speaker 4: No, you've been in the sun, and I ain't talking about the sun. So I'm talking about heat with your hot ache.
Speaker 2: Okay, glow on them with my bad stuff. Blow all next blow I got you, I got you. I love this blow. I love this first and foremost.
Speaker 4: It's Black History Month, a time to honor, reflect, and celebrate the rich history, culture, and contributions of.
Speaker 2: Black throughout history.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, let's take a moment to discuss the significance of Black History Month while we celebrated, and what it personally means to each of us. To me, it's recycling the black dollar, supporting a black business. That's what Black History right now means to me.
Speaker 2: I love that. I love that.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of black businesses and supporting we are on a show that highlights black ones. Yeah, you know, it's on Netflix right now, Wax and Witches. So thank you so much for supporting us, y'all tune in. But it does show who we are as black women, and there's we're multi fascinted, so like, tune in to us also off the show, but also like in our personal space.
Speaker 2: Y'all can see what we tap into Instagram.
Speaker 1: Show the show, you know, but you we are so multi fascinate. And I love being a black woman.
Speaker 2: I love you know.
Speaker 1: I love my black children, I love my blackness. So this month, even though it is the shortest of all the months of the year that would that's what makes it rare. We are rare, we are beautiful, we exude essence. So I just want to say shout out to the ladies sitting here on this panel. Y'all are the definition of black excellence. So you are so shout it out. Thank you so much, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Thanks lex I agree, I think representation matters. I think, you know, being on a platform night like Netflix is huge for us. And I think having our own platform here as Humble Batties is huge because the reach that we have, Like there's so many young black women, young black men too, who are tuned in and are listening and watching, and you know, they're looking at us, they look up to us, and so I'm just grateful to have this platform. This is what our ancestors spot for. So for me, that's what you know Black History Month is for.
Speaker 2: And also I.
Speaker 3: Love to always plug HBCUs. Y'all know, I went to test University, so every chance I get, I always like to shout out, you know, tell your kids about the hvcus and why they're so important to our culture, to tradition and to our history. So I like to, you know, tell my kids take them to the schools. There's so much history. Tueski University in itself is a museum and they're sacred to us. So we can't we can't forget about those those important things that make us who we are.
Speaker 4: My daughter be going to family Yeah, okay, yes we got to go to homecoming. Yes that's fun for sure, for sure. But and shout out to Shannon Sharp. Let's support black businesses. We have our special cocktail. The cocktail will disclose it using shade by La Portier Fortier. So thank you Shannon Sharp, Thank you all Nightcap for the amazing cognac.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 4: I promise you it would not put hair on your chest late.
Speaker 2: Like you did your thing with that one.
Speaker 1: I loved having a nice cognac though, like to finish the evening I saw my father have, like, would like to pour a nice little bit over some ice and just reflect on the day.
Speaker 2: You know, it becomes like a ritual of just like, you know, just being able to ease into.
Speaker 5: You know, legs, sue the kanyak, you feeling nice and yes, the warm notes, the vanilla, that caramel, the big.
Speaker 2: Black ice, big black, big black, not thett we do nothing a little over here, like nothing little over here.
Speaker 1: Okay, but this is the time to highlight black businesses. This is time to use the black dollar in the in our households. We thrive so much, we have become entrepreneurs. We have our own businesses, and black dollar moves. When we stopped, our dollar ship shuts down, like it really does shut down. We are power in numbers, so exercise you're right to use that black dollar. And we've been dealing with some things in politics recently with the diversity inclusion situation.
Speaker 4: Trying to pull away come on the d from from our schools.
Speaker 1: Yes and DEI if those who don't know it stands for diversity, equity and inclusion, and you know it is. It was put in place to help entrepreneurs that are starting up from nothing and have a platform, i e. Your targets, your costcos they're these initiatives that the corporations have put in place for us. And it's unfortunate now that it's becoming removed. You can't go and find what you need for us. Like our hair is different, our face is different, our colors are different, our essence is different. So shout out to all the black entrepreneurs that are out there that are starting their businesses, that are helping us like create just the narrative of look, we can do this too, and we're going to support you. We're there for you and help like key continue looking at different programs that help funding grants and scholarships that continue your dream.
Speaker 2: Don't let anything like this stop you. That's right, elevator. But we have to fight against things like this because we do.
Speaker 3: People think that DEI is just for you know, helping minorities, but it's also for people who have disabilities, you know, come on now, who have autism and things like that. It was put in place so that they could get hired in these big corporations. So people think they just see race and it's not about that. It's such a bigger picture and people tend to always focus on the race part of it and it's not that.
Speaker 2: So you know, that's why we're fighting for these things. That's why you have to really vote in your local elections, right because it really is going to affect us.
Speaker 4: I think, so this is off script what we're going to do, and I decided the ladies are going to support me. We want more black businesses. So What we want you guys to do is to email us a short paragraph. We want to sponsor a small black business. Twenty five hundred dollars we're going to give away to a small black business to help either kickstart or or market your business. So send it to Humble Baddies Podcast at gmail dot com a quick paragraph of why you deserve the twenty five hundred and we're going to donate to a special.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love that, Yes, yes, yeah, we have to.
Speaker 4: We have to support more of our businesses because a lot don't. It could take five hundred dollars and they may not have it because of the economy. So if we have it, we're going to be here. We're going to support you guys because we want to see you guys win. We do, we do.
Speaker 1: You know, February is a zone and popping, y'all. It's a lot going on. It's a lot going on.
Speaker 2: You know, you have Grammys.
Speaker 4: We need a good month in February because January was a ship show, you know, listen.
Speaker 2: Show. Let's talk about it. You relieve we're in February. Yeah, February is the new year. Okay, I like that new year. So we're starting new year's are down. We're gonna start over. We're gonna start over. We're gonna start It's a month of love going on.
Speaker 1: Forget this Grace yea and a battye a humble Batty was born in February too.
Speaker 4: You know they think scorpios are the freak, but I'm Pisces season.
Speaker 2: This is the second per season. Ladies and Gentlemen is a piss and love. It's all true. Don't tell you your auntie business. It's all true.
Speaker 4: I'm not until you know I love you. But she'd be giving me all the tips and tricks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all good. You know we're grown.
Speaker 4: But yes, February is the new year. But we have a lot of amazing things coming up.
Speaker 2: We do we do super Bowl, Yes, Grammys. This is all good.
Speaker 1: Like February highlights, black excellence. I feel like, you know, there's all star, there's.
Speaker 2: Sports, there's entertainment, and their love us in the air. No birthday. I love them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I feel like it's in Valentine's like one of the top like getting married months.
Speaker 2: Valentine's is when everybody gets pregnant. That's the babies. I can see.
Speaker 3: It's like me, I am a definitely a Valentine's Day baby. That's true because I was born in November. Okay, yes, the math is math man. I definitely was like, okay, so okay, don't know what y'all was doing.
Speaker 2: So it's romantic sexy time it is. Okay, I like that it is, But what about a single but they say that was times.
Speaker 4: It's the most spent holiday, Like people spend the most money on Valentine's Day really, so.
Speaker 1: I would think so just because of dates, and you know, I feel like marketing, just especially in America, it's you walk in the Walgreens, you walk into CBS, and it's like hearts everywhere and rose.
Speaker 3: So as single women, how how would y'all go about, like who you spend your Valentine's Day with?
Speaker 2: If you're dating, you.
Speaker 4: Know it's gonna be my first valent Oh it's okay, with my babies. I'm gonna gonna be with your babies. I'm gonna take okay, what about you, legs.
Speaker 2: I haven't decided yet if it's gonna be beach or snow Oh okay, period, No, but you don't know you already know who you're going with them. I might have an idea. Okay, I might have an idea, you know. Nice, how should I get hear our conversation off camera?
Speaker 3: Well, that's gonna be my first Valentine's Day without Phil really, yeah, because I'm going to All Star.
Speaker 2: I'm going for the Classic Game, so I'm going to cover that. You know, we supposed to the tournament.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, the Celebrity Tournament. But so on Friday, no, on Saturday is the HBCU Classic Game. So also they always have two HBCUs teams play against each other and just.
Speaker 2: Represent for HBCU. So I'll be there representing so Skigee for AT and C period. So I'm really excited about that. But I gonna surprise you surprised.
Speaker 1: That would be very sweet, Ash, What do you think about that, Like being married and really comfortable in your relationship, is it just another day for you Valentine's Day?
Speaker 3: Like, no, it's not another day like I expect him to still okay, yeah, I love Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't.
Speaker 3: Expect like anything like crazy over the top, you know, but you know, he knows what I like. You know what I'm saying, as long as I feel like he, you know, is thoughtful and you know, I don't like it's definitely not just any other day. But I am kind of sad that I won't be with him this year, you know what I mean. But it's for work and he's you know, he's supportive. Yeah, yeah, I want to get that bag.
Speaker 2: You never know, you know what. And I love it.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: My favorite time, probably the best Valentine was with chat really because each year he had something like the first year he took me to Bell Harbor and we went to go eat lunch in the middle of the courtyard and he went down to the Chanel store. Shout out to our girl Shronda history, she's on big things.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: He went to Sharnda and he got a pink Luis time bag, a classic, a pink classic, and he came back walking.
Speaker 2: Pink you said, I said, okay, it's shape. Okay, I'll you about.
Speaker 4: Bag. And he came walking down the alley, you know, the alley with it and he just just sat there and I said, you are so sweet. And then the next time he got a helicopter. We went to Key West for lunch, took me on a little shopping Spirit was like, you're so like man like the little thoughts that you put into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the effort. Get me this. I knowed to get.
Speaker 1: Second to get from you can get friendship gifts. Okay, yeah, yeah, your family.
Speaker 4: I still help him with his business and every so does that mean he gets them that night?
Speaker 2: Then what I'm just saying, that's not how it works. I don't know. I'm not asking thank you. I don't know. Chad. You gotta you gotta come with an appreciation. No, okay, okay, this is hilarious. Why are y'all asking these questions? It's the people I want to lie. I don't want to know. Girl, y'all been in the blogs like every day and dad to say that it's like the date is in February, Like.
Speaker 3: Is y'all getting married? Because Chad that he getting married? What he was get married himself? Oh okay, well I don't think that's how it did. Say if it wasn't Monique, he ain't marrying nobody money that's my middle name.
Speaker 4: When you see him side sweet Modique, he's talking about me.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, I love that little windows and a.
Speaker 4: Little February twenty second, twenty.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we got a few days, Yeah, we have some time. It is the month of love and I'm a hopeless romantic.
Speaker 4: So when you get married again, oh wow, see.
Speaker 2: What she did there. I'm not there yet. I'm enjoying wine tasting. Okay, let me too, and a little curdy bar. Yes, options on the you got the pickle, you got the pepperonis and the different cheeses. Yes, I like the taking pepper ject cheese.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there you go, there you go, a little smoky guda Okay, right now, age cheddar, a little age Okay.
Speaker 2: Wow, I love this is this.
Speaker 4: Make sure y'all get some shave by Laportier For Valentine. I promise you halfy y'all to be pregnant boy Novella and we'll have birthdays in November like ash exactly just like this.
Speaker 2: Wait, I said, hey, y'all be prayed November, be delivered babies.
Speaker 4: It's okay, it's a shame by Laportier.
Speaker 5: I love the.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what do y'all think of this outcome of Netflix. Let's be real with the people. I know they want to know, y'all. Y'all, y'all think about overall, it's been what a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Now it's been wait when.
Speaker 3: To be honest with y'all, I was not expecting the reaction that we got from the people, or from from family, from the viewers, okay, from the from the viewers. When I watched it, I was like, Okay, this is interesting, Like it's not exactly what I thought the final product was gonna be.
Speaker 2: Because we don't see it by back there. We don't see it exactly. Let's make it clear.
Speaker 4: Because I have consulting producer credits, I have no say so overcast, overhas edit over anything.
Speaker 2: It's just, hey, I have an idea.
Speaker 4: I went to a production company picture it to them. They was like, okay, you get your credit and that's it.
Speaker 2: Boom you out of it. So my girl ain't got nothing to do it.
Speaker 1: What y'all saw, it's no puppeteering, it's no maneuvering, it's nothing.
Speaker 2: Never out of my name like you won and the moon was okay.
Speaker 3: So what I was just most surprised about is a lot of the things that we did film I didn't see. Yeah, and so what you do see is it's kind of hard to really form the actual like to get the full story because so much was left out.
Speaker 2: So when I watched it.
Speaker 3: I still was it like, oh, okay, this is interesting, but I didn't feel the same reaction, I guess because I knew what.
Speaker 2: Actually really happened.
Speaker 3: Right, So the viewers, I feel like, got a story, you know, based off of just obviously what they saw and they don't have the full story. And it did come off obviously that me and Cheryl were like mean girls and that there was like us against them type of thing.
Speaker 2: And I hated the.
Speaker 4: Fact that they said, you wrote my coattail, right, you're your own person like this, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just a female.
Speaker 3: I'm very much my own person, Like I have my own family, my own businesses, my own life going on, and a lot of it was filmed and a lot of it was not shown. So I feel like me being your friend and I am a very direct person association.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just kind of like lumped me in with whatever you had going on.
Speaker 4: But you know, the thing about it that people don't know we both served in the army, right, That's another thing that comes Those females who serve in the army are very direct. We're taught once we go through training, lead and simple, you have to leave.
Speaker 2: You was an officer, right, you had.
Speaker 4: She had soldiers, high ranking soldiers up under her. I was a senior and listed, so we had to get straight to the point.
Speaker 2: And that's where did it. I think that's where people get the oh, you you're a mean girl. But no, we're just direct about how we feel and what's going on.
Speaker 4: And I feel like with a lot of the females they sugarcoated some of the things how they felt.
Speaker 2: They didn't know how to let it let it out.
Speaker 3: But see that part of it, I think is us having experience being on reality TV. Because for me, I'm just showing up to do my job. I'm showing up to show my reaction, to tell you what's going on in my mind, like and to entertain at the end of the day, because you have.
Speaker 4: To be extra, you have to like you feel like at a five, but you got to go to like ninety five.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It is a reality show, and yes it does snapshots a reality but there's so many more seconds and hours in.
Speaker 4: The day for hours for hour, they chops the scenes down to like two minutes, and they shout out to editing because that's what their their job is to do, is to edit, is to cut it's to create.
Speaker 2: They edited a little bit.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, I'm just saying people were doing their job. They were doing their job. So at the end of the day, it is a snapshot. It is very instant, you.
Speaker 3: Know, and they're going to create whatever story is going to have the people talking, and y'all motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: Talking and thank you for that. We accept dialogue, okay.
Speaker 4: But y'all have to understand y'all are not getting like the whole story honestly, truly, and I feel like it for me, it was a little upsetting because a lot of people are following me from you know, my past show and you know, just following me over years on social media and they're like, who is this person?
Speaker 2: Like, like what happens?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 3: So it kind of like broke my heart to see like people have this reaction like, oh, you're not the person that I thought you were, you know, because they only saw like one opinion I guess you know, of me. So yeah, it was a little it was a little heartbreaking at first. It was a little shocking, I would say, at first, I just wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 2: It's a new feeling, Yeah, it is. It's a feeling. I mean, it's a feeling that I never felt before. Exactly.
Speaker 4: I'm not mad about it. The only time I you know, it crossed the line when you come from my kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't play. Let's let's just talk about that for a second.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, we are public figures, and respectfully, y'all really just don't know us. And I'm gonna say this very I don't want to speak for y'all, but I know I can speak.
Speaker 2: For y'all in this this tone. Family is off limits. Our children. We love our families.
Speaker 1: We we we work tiresly to support them, surround them with love, we educate them, and it's disrespectful when you start to come for our families. Y'all don't really know us like that. And when it comes to that, we are lying. Essa's we we show up for each other. We show up for our family, and this has nothing to do with them.
Speaker 2: Okay, y'all. We're big, we're big girls.
Speaker 1: We're big women at our big ages, you know, big old big ages, big old ages, gentrified whatever the cults are. But we low key, we're human too, you know, and you know we we really are just very proud of where we are as women, as where we are as just our big.
Speaker 2: Old ages, So keep the kids out of it.
Speaker 4: I think my biggest thing is if I could go back and change anything. Remember I don't have control over this show. I wish they could show more instead of me coming off because I don't like how I was portrayed like I did come off, and I don't appreciate how it looked me stepping outside and not knowing what's going on on the inside.
Speaker 2: It didn't look good, you know, approaching Stone it.
Speaker 4: Because for you to say that and recognize that, Charrell, Yeah, because I don't. I have kids, and it does come off like I feel like I'm better than her, and y'all know I'm not like that.
Speaker 2: I'm not that type of female. But I did have.
Speaker 4: My holebacks on why the reason why I didn't want to deal with her, and it definitely didn't have to do with a sex sape, and they didn't show that, and that was my biggest issue. It made it seem like it was a sex sake revenge porn. No, she which was in the forefront, right, she didn't have control over that sex sake, correct, But I feel like looking at it from a TV point of view, they needed to introduce her. So all the other stuff, what I had reserved while I was reserved from her didn't matter. The thing that mattered from a production point of view, what's her sex sake, because that's what she was known for to big public figures were attached to that, sick take and wrongs, so of course they had to highlight that, and Loki, we.
Speaker 2: Forgot that there are moving parts of this too.
Speaker 1: This was a brought up issue that does surround her in her storyline and just very much who she is and how she's overcoming it, which Loki could have highlighted Stony in a different way too, Hence her boutique, hence her searching out for help, and really just some kind of you know, she's still open to, like receiving. So I feel like it started to triculate a little bit, but then obviously for entertainment purposes.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to say this, we need a season.
Speaker 1: Two just so we can tie some loose ends, we can reintroduce, we can bring out some vibes.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: We just we can really show and highlight Now that y'all have got a snippet, a very tiny snippet of introduction of who are as cast members. Let's turn it up a notch, y'all keep supporting us, y'all keep tuning in, and we will have a second season and now we know better, we'll do better.
Speaker 3: But you know what I you know, I started off saying, like, you know, the comments that we receive are a little shocking, but I do appreciate the comments that we're saying, like we want to see like your family and see because you know, we did film those things.
Speaker 2: So I hope you know, the people they will see that and what's really.
Speaker 3: Your wag, right, I hope they see those comments and will not cut those scenes out because we absolutely filmed family scenes and how we do life and our businesses, and you know, the things that make us who we are, and you know why we are different and what black excellence looks like. You know, the things that you know, we really wanted to show because we know everybody's tired of seeing like the drama and like, of course there has to be colorism.
Speaker 4: I hate that they just if if I can go back and change it, I would wish so Tony would be a light skinned girl because I hate how the fans take the narrative and like, oh, a light skinned girl again.
Speaker 2: But that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Take the color that they're saying that though, because after Jules's fight she said her little comment about like this is my real hair and all that. You know, it's like, how would you didn't say anything about skin color or anything like that, But you have another cast member that's like death comments and they don't say anything about, you know, her being whatever she is.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I think people join the trend like they hear a certain thing and then they just gravitate to gravitate to whoever started that.
Speaker 2: Mean girl, let me.
Speaker 1: In our in our communities. That has been an issue for decades. The house in world or the field inward. If you're lighter or a paper brown bag test, then you pass. So man rapping about red, it's twenty twenty five. I mean, y'all know what my children look like. It was, it was highlighted on the show. I have all shades, I do to all shades. I mean, I got this what happened, but this is what happens when you know black couples pro creates.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get You're.
Speaker 1: Gonna get everything. Yeah, you're gonna get whatever's gonna come out. So the colorism thing was very.
Speaker 2: I think it's touchy.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: Throwing, you know, the surface. I hate out of everything about the show.
Speaker 4: I hated the colorism because y'all know it's unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I didn't like that. Yeah, that affected me. Do y'all really think I was a mean girl on the show. I think it's guilty by association. That's what I was gonna do. I'm like, it, tell me what part?
Speaker 4: What? What?
Speaker 2: What did I say? You see the thing the last the other.
Speaker 1: Side of it shown. It was only one side. It wasn't like I thought about it or this is how I feel because you know the other.
Speaker 4: But youd TV and the question that you asked to shot A was what's I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, to get conversation, it's too But you.
Speaker 4: Never disrespecting any female.
Speaker 2: I didn't. You never had a showed up on time.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 2: Sony came for you. She did, She was like, oh are they swingers like you?
Speaker 4: Never?
Speaker 3: I've never disrespected or said anything negative about anybody. When I was asked my opinion about a certain that you.
Speaker 1: Said it, I gave it against act again again, going back to directness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just direct about how I feel. If you're asking my opinion, I think that's the issue.
Speaker 4: Like people think that directness is equipped it to mean it being a mean girl, and that's not true.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. I agree with that. Yeah, you know, I'm a sagittarian. As we get bad reps then you know, look it was it was feing. I was like, no, no, Ashley, don't don't do that to me. Don't do that to me? Was how cool? I was like, no, it's this, I promise you. It's a speak easy. It's like a speak easy. No, listen, we need to replay that. We need to put this. I got a bad memory. It was. It was all the why you was drinking. It's all a blur.
Speaker 4: Actually, it's definitely an apple female the bitch be running ship.
Speaker 2: So I don't.
Speaker 4: I hated that part about you because I know how you are to call you what I mean, a lap doll.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait, yeah, so we gotta highlight these lap dollar minion minion.
Speaker 2: I just worked for Charille. You work for Charille. Let's get that clear. So these agents who work the agents who work for.
Speaker 4: Me, they are their own employees. They just their license are up under mine. I take a commission.
Speaker 2: They do their own job. I don't tell them what to do, how to do it whatever. So you house yeah, you house this. I'm my broker.
Speaker 3: I'm the broker and they you got to break it down for those who do not know, I placed my license under her. You know, she takes any liability or you know, like got you. I have the insurance if they fuck up, that's it.
Speaker 2: See that.
Speaker 4: But they do their own thing. They on their own schedule. They get ten ninety nins if you're business. Let her actually exactly, she go out. That's how I get paid right period.
Speaker 2: Let's be clear.
Speaker 1: Cutting checks, receiving checks, period, that's what's going on.
Speaker 4: Just y'ah.
Speaker 2: The only way I get paid if Ashley go out and grind and there we go. So it seems like it's a supportive relationship.
Speaker 1: It is because if she is out here doing her thing and motivating and bringing bringing back, then you get paid.
Speaker 2: It's win when and I love that.
Speaker 4: The other thing that was an issue a lot of people were asking in regards to MJ and Stony, Oh MJ ghetto. She always fighting, she this that she the third I didn't like that either MJ. I'm responsible for MJ.
Speaker 2: Why she has her license under you again, she has her.
Speaker 4: License up under me, so I have to I can't just throw her away. She's young, she's only twenty two.
Speaker 2: I have to got her.
Speaker 4: She has no guidance, so I have to guide her and teach her.
Speaker 2: She's in love.
Speaker 4: I don't know if she is or was, but she was in love during the time. And we all have been there, we all have reat hits. Why I'm glad they did show the conversation.
Speaker 1: We're I'm double her age, low key, and you know I was forced in this lifestyle at twenty also, so I can relate to her. This is different though she is in a different industry as far as music and entertainment. I was in the sports world being young in this, so that's already a nighttime dark cloud. And on top of that, you're dealing with being from a city where also the father of your children is known to that put that city on a map in his own right, and so it just comes with a lot of heaviness.
Speaker 2: And I feel like she listens.
Speaker 4: To us. She does, and the reason and this she didn't know. I love it, and why I hired MJ. It wasn't because of Kodak. It wasn't because of who she was. MJ called me, she was like, I really want to work for you.
Speaker 2: I look up for you.
Speaker 4: I seen selling Tampa. She practiced a cold call. He was like, how does this sound? And like she has so much dry She does, but it's like when you're young and you're in love, this is.
Speaker 2: A lot of energy for you. Let me tell you something. See so much in that little girl. I told her. I cried like I had tears when we were in that.
Speaker 4: I don't think they showed that, but I was like, I used to be you, Like I literally used to be you.
Speaker 2: People don't know. I grew up in the projects. I was raised in the projects.
Speaker 4: I didn't have ship, which is I couldn't, which is defense. It brings tears to my eyes because it's like I want so much for her. I'm sorry, but you can.
Speaker 2: You can feel her, you feel her her energy. I see so much that girl is. She is amazing. She's so talented. She really is.
Speaker 4: And if I can go back and change the hands of times, that's why I'm trying to tell her, don't make the mistakes.
Speaker 2: That correct because we have been through it all. We really have. She has vision shout out to MJ.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tearing up.
Speaker 4: I see so much of myself. I used to fight, I used to do all that, but it's not worth you have some beautiful baby. You're so talented. She really talented. This girl can sell a fucking home. She can cut six figure checks for MJ. I witnessed her grinding in the studio, like the girl is so talented.
Speaker 2: And taking care of them babies exactly while taking care of she.
Speaker 4: To prove to nobody, get out there and hustle before it's too late, you know. I I.
Speaker 2: She'sby because that's you. You can say that like this is like my little sister, but you can feel it. And you gave her a chance, Cherylle, and I'm not going to give up on her. No, You're not just the stuff that they need to show. That's the beautiful lesson to have.
Speaker 3: Our these are relationships in our platform relationship.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and I just pray for season two that they allow us to show that. Yeah, MJ, let me tell you, like, I'm happy she came to my home and listened. That was That was a the full scene like it was. She always say, oh you always preaching to me, You always preach.
Speaker 5: It to me.
Speaker 2: But that right there, that was my favorite scene. Thank you for that. It was she pulled out.
Speaker 1: You know I can relate to her. Let me tell you something. MJ's brave, braver than I am. Let me tell you something like, I admire your bravery because let me, there's been many times I wanted to crash out.
Speaker 2: Many times I want to pull I'm just saying, pull up and show out. That's what I did. That's why. So she has she has more brave than I am. I'm just going I'm just gonna throw that out there. So MJ.
Speaker 1: I resonated with you because I saw something in you that I did not see in me, in that bravery.
Speaker 2: And so keep that same energy, keep that scene changed. No, I'm saying, like, just she heard everybody. Are you gonna be fighting her courage?
Speaker 1: Not we not? You know, I don't want I don't want to see my girl no more shot and stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that. I'm just seeing her bravery.
Speaker 3: We're gonna change energy into courage to something behind herself.
Speaker 2: That's it right now, that's brave because if she be fighting every day. You know, it's like all my life everybody, but just just just a difference mechanism. She's going through some things and we have it's postpartum all of that. Yes, it's a lot of energy.
Speaker 4: Like she really she held held that person down when they was locked up. She wrote letters to the judge. I've seen it all and people don't know that. So it's like I gave my all and held you down and I come back to this and people don't see that.
Speaker 2: It's like and we can all relate to that in some kind of way.
Speaker 1: Disappointment and uneasiness, yeah, and trying to figure it out too. You know, we we we all are trying to figure it out still, to to figure out to this day, all of us are trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: We're all on this journey together. We sure, are we sure?
Speaker 1: And speak of trying to figure things out? What do y'all think about this? Talk of like the soft life?
Speaker 2: You know, I love it. I love it for especially us black girls.
Speaker 3: I feel like, you know, we're tapping into something that other cultures.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's like their norm. Yes you know what I mean, And we're like, why not too? You know, why don't we discike that?
Speaker 3: You know, I feel like for a long time Black women have to be strong and supportive and aggressive and assertive and all these you know, strong words, but.
Speaker 4: We can be soft to or how can how can you transition to that soft when you've been so hard your whole life?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a great question. How can you do it? I feel like that's still learn of question.
Speaker 4: That's something I need to answer because I felt like, you know, growing up it was hard, and then going into the military in a predominantly male division, eighty second Airborne Division that has to be hard, yeah, for thirteen years, and then going to so calm Afghanistan, It's like, Okay, Now.
Speaker 2: I think it's like a mentality.
Speaker 3: I think it's like a choice of like where you want to be mentally, Like a lot of people, you know, for whatever reasons, they live in like a survival mode. You know, that's because of trauma, you know, past trauma, trauma, trauma generation.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: So I think like taking care of that, going to therapy, healing whatever part of you that keeps you in that survival mode, and then once you can process that trauma, you make the choice like this is the life that I want to live.
Speaker 2: This is the mental space that I want to be in, you know what I mean. But I love that you got to do whatever I think.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm going through that part right now like I do go to therapy and I just need to learn to say it's okay for the man to take be the autpha, but you.
Speaker 3: Have to find some a space where you feel safe to do that too. So and I'm not saying like a man and to feel space, feel safe, because you don't need a man to for you to have a soft life. But I'm just saying, like whatever it means for you to feel safe, like an environment, the people around you, your career, you know, financially, all of that.
Speaker 2: You know, you have to be safe.
Speaker 3: You have to feel secure, you know, in yourself to even have a mentality, you know, I think to be out of like survival mode.
Speaker 4: I think, I think the secure part I have.
Speaker 2: My problem is it's the fear of.
Speaker 4: Of neglect, the fear of reject the fear fear of rejection, all those things that I have.
Speaker 2: To work never out of my name and like you won and the more one.
Speaker 1: I feel like over time and to your point, Ash and also you Charrelle. Over time, it was always black women that had to show up. Our voices were heard, our voices were carried. We nurtured, we also nursed, We also poured into And to me, it goes back to self love, It goes back to self worth. It also goes about also saying no, because we have been used, we have been stretched to our limits, we have been poked and prodded, we have been experimented on because of our essence.
Speaker 2: And so it looks it goes back to us.
Speaker 1: Really elevating who we are and knowing who we are. So self life to me is breaking generational curses. It is talking to people because we used to take all of this in and keep it inside and then we explode like a volcano. And I'm getting chilled, but I'm saying that because we would take so much. But we were also leading. We were silent leaders, because as women, we were always behind, We were always the backbone, we were always the soul, the nurturers. But now times are now starting to shift, they're turning because we are needed, that's right. Not only are we needed to help rear and to motivate and to teach and to show the children and the next generation. But we're also needed for our men. We're needed to help soften them up too, because they're hard. They have these shells. They need to be penetrated with our essence and our soul. So I look at preach, you know, it's it's real though. That is That's what like exudes the soft life for me because I've had to like really understand what the power of no means, because it is we have to like it's no, I'm not going to do this. No I need to have a I need to be paid for this. No, I'm not going to show up in this way if you haven't showed up for me.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: And so that's becoming a soft life for me because I feel like I'm I was taking too much on unnecessary heaviness exact, you know, And that's becoming generational for us as black women. We have just taken We're taken it on. We're taking all the darts and it's time for us to like go to therapy. We're changing the narrative. We are listening to people, We're knowing our resources. We understand the black dollar, everything that comes to household. No, we're saying no, one necessary. That's shafeness the politics that's going on right now. We don't need to be in the forefront. Like Shirley Chisholm, she was out there fighting for our rights, being the first black woman to run for president.
Speaker 2: We are falling back. We tried.
Speaker 1: We can only do so much, so we're gonna do things behind the scenes. We got our families, we got our friendships, we got our faith. We have all of that, and I know it's time for us and I love this for us. And soft era is not just a feminine thing. It's also for men too. It's it's reading a book, it's knocking off goals, it's communication the.
Speaker 2: Very soft life. Really tell me about it.
Speaker 4: Wake up, he go work out and then he'll make the routine can be soft and like.
Speaker 2: He's living his best life. I love that for him. It really is something to see because I'm just like wow, like this is a transition for you. Support you. He does support me. But just like you said, it's for men too. It is. And I love that. I love that we deserve it and we've earned it and it's time. Yeah, it's time.
Speaker 3: I love seeing on social media, you know, everybody posting like their their little routines, but it's like their skincare routines or their workout routines.
Speaker 2: You I see you in your workout a little very motivational, very motivational. Yeah right, No, it's you're right. The skincare and what you're pouring into yourself, that's soft life.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: It's time. It's time for us to like get that. Listen. That was amazing.
Speaker 4: Like I swear you need to be an inspiration coach or a life coach or something you.
Speaker 2: Can humble daddy's life coach, you know, lex life lessons. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Go now, we got our favorite, one of our favorites, which is Hot Girl High Headlines.
Speaker 3: Okay, so today in Hot Girl Headlines, we're talking about the Kendrick Lamar super Bowl performance.
Speaker 2: And y'all know there was so much.
Speaker 3: Calculation controversy about whether Kendrick wrong. Well you know what, let's get into that because Lil Wayne, he hasn't put out an album in how long?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he got like fourteen yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I'm just playing Devil's taffocking. Okay, Okay, So do y'all feel like Kendrick Lamar does he deserve to.
Speaker 2: Be on the big stage. He does, but not for New Orleans, not for the New Orleans. Okay, can we take.
Speaker 1: So we all know how super Bowl works, being you know in the sports and entertainment industry, the the cities have already been set, so you already know the projection of what city is going to be.
Speaker 2: Right, Am I a Hot Boys fan? One hundred? The Birdman calls and the x y Z yes, yes, yes, is that New Orleans essence? And Juvie is that? Yes? It is?
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: I started a little like you should have been in there, but I still have I feel like Kendrick might bring him.
Speaker 2: Out, but I go, it's a hall Oh yeah, see it's doing lyrics, like I get it.
Speaker 1: Right, we want to highlight people who did put New Orleans on the map for music, right yeah, But we have to look at it like this super Bowl is also a business, and so is the NFL, and so is this platform. And Kendrick on the last sixteen to twenty four months has been exceedingly in the forefront of the entertainment.
Speaker 2: We should have had him a few years ago when it was in LA. I get it. I get so.
Speaker 1: I don't think it has to do with who is from where, because of the city of New Orleans has been preparing for the influx of tourists for.
Speaker 2: Years, for years. We are, respectfully, we don't even know if Lil Wayne declined. We don't even know.
Speaker 5: I think he.
Speaker 2: Was upset that he can't. Okay, so here, yes, because I'm a little Wayne fan baby and I was a baby.
Speaker 3: But honestly, even if it wasn't Lil Wayne, I think it's a little premature for Kendrick. Like I love Kendrick, like I think he's a great artist, but I feel like the super Bowl is such a big stage and I feel like, I mean, I don't know that he's put in his time.
Speaker 4: Yet, Like I feel like I feel like he put in his time, but to like to come to New Orleans and pick Kendrick Lamar over.
Speaker 2: Huge, I don't know. I just I feel like, you know, everybody's watching.
Speaker 3: Everybody's watching the super Bowl, right, everybody does that shout out to music like worldwide like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I think so they do.
Speaker 4: Okay, I didn't know, but I feel like Lil Wayne, but Lil Wayne, has they brought up platform th That's that's what I think too.
Speaker 1: Lil Wayne is a staple. He has longevity, you know, and we have seen the evolution of Lil Wayne for sure.
Speaker 3: Y'all think that Drake feels some kind of way too. No, you know think I don't think he tried to sue like the streaming companies about.
Speaker 2: The beef though, like that is that's separate right but now, but.
Speaker 3: You don't think being on that that on that you know platform, you don't think that that made Drake even more.
Speaker 2: I think Champagne Poppy has a lot more distractions going on, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's what when you're talking about Champagne Poppy right about Wayne.
Speaker 2: I feel like Lil Wayne, if Lil Wayne need.
Speaker 3: To make an entrance for Super Bowl, well hopefully Kendrick Lamar will be respectful and shine some light on lo Wayne and let him perform a song or two does he have I think he's going to be a lot of like or points if he If he did that, I like that shared the state, especially right Lawayne on that.
Speaker 1: But you know, over time we have gravitated to the halftime show, Like do you feel like it's overshadows natural game?
Speaker 2: It's important for the women it is.
Speaker 4: I mean, like when Rianna came and knew I knew she was breaking when she performed, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, this is not the Rihanna. She wouldn't I know she was. She wasn't.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know, I think in general, like halftime show has been big since Michael Jackson, but then Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: Put it on the map, like women, I feel like it's for everybody and everybody.
Speaker 3: I feel like if people went forward to the halftime show, like ever since Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: Like Bruno, it's been a big king. It's like the biggest platform.
Speaker 3: That's why there's so much fuss over it because it is literally the biggest stage and it will so many full tune in right exactly, but it's so much exposure. The whole world is watching. It's like considered one of the biggest stages to perform more and speaking of big stages, our girl Beyonce's headed back on tour. She's surprised us with a little post over the night suggesting that we have a cowboy Carter tour.
Speaker 2: That's why we were representing now Ivy Okay, I got on my vintage Ivy park. I've always been you know.
Speaker 3: Avid Beyonce fan at Ivy Park, I don't know being at them.
Speaker 5: Come.
Speaker 2: I went to the Renaissance Tour three times. Beyonce has collected a lot of coins from my house period. Okay, and I will be in attendance Cowboy Carter Tour.
Speaker 1: I love Beyonce's evolution over time, just from even Destiny Child to be a solo artists.
Speaker 2: We've seen her grow into her own everything everything.
Speaker 3: When I was ten years old to go see Destiny's Child, we lived in Columbia, South Carolina at the time. We drove to Charlotte in a terrible storm all the way to Charlotte, just me and my mom and they were opening up for Christina.
Speaker 2: Aguilera, and I will never forget. That's like a core memory for me, Like just going with my mom. My mom went out her way to make.
Speaker 3: Sure I thought Destiny's Child girl. So this for me, like to see her growth, to see her as a mom, to see her.
Speaker 4: Still killing it her child live, to see how she's such a business woman, yes, marketing, and I mean it's an amazing journey to see.
Speaker 2: To what's going to be on that Cowgirl. We're going to see get Carter.
Speaker 1: I love how she has just brought in the culture. You know, she's highlighting who we are and our essence. She's highlighting that she's from Texas, and Texas is known for the cowboy and country error. So how she has shifted genres and from pop to R and B to now she she'll sprinkle a little rap, you know, every now and then. She is the essence of culture for America, and not only just America, but I would say global too, but just highlighting what it is to be an American woman and just glowing up.
Speaker 2: I love this for her.
Speaker 3: She's a thirty two time Grammy Award winning thirty two Yes, the first black woman to headline Coachella.
Speaker 2: Come on Now, bait Hella, Baitchella.
Speaker 3: And she is a philanthropist and an activist with her Baga Foundation, and she's really setting an example for women all over the world. So she's definitely a humble batty.
Speaker 2: Yes, she is our boobeyance.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love how she just pops out too, like we'll just like drop something for us. I love it. Try her hair, Carolin, I have I tried it. It's really good. I like her mask, her hair mask. Yes, it is right against his condition. Yeah, da day sad Yes, shout out to Beyonce. Thank you so much for being iconic.
Speaker 3: Well that's it for the hot girl headlines. Now time for the humble batty mail.
Speaker 4: Yeah but you got Charrelle, I got the humble batty we got today. Carolina Thompson from Richmond, Virginia. Hey Carolina and Iba.
Speaker 2: First of all, Hello ladies.
Speaker 4: Hi, Hey, Hey Carolina. I appreciate the work you bosses put towards our beautiful black community in Florida. I am hoping to visit one day. Come on, girl, We're gonna show you a good time. I aspired to be like you, Charille, coming from the same military background. Oh, Carolina, I am actually currently serving in the Army. I've been stationed in career for the past three years. I'm twenty one years old with my eleven month old baby girl and husband. I just want to provide for my family while being a boss ass chick. My question is, how did you manage being away from your kid and your family while away? I am looking forward to hearing more on You Ladies podcast. Thank you queens. Well Carolina, listen, Carolina, it's very hard and it hurts at times like you have to look at the bigger picture. And I know some people may not understand it. You're going to receive judgment, but you can't look at that. The bigger picture is the long term outcome.
Speaker 2: It was hard for me. I did not want to leave my daughter when I joined the military.
Speaker 4: I deployed to Afghanistan twice, but I knew it was the best decision for me and my kids. Sometimes you have to take sacrifices and you look at the bigger picture. Don't worry about what people say, because people are going to judge you, but you know what you're getting at the end goal and that's a great life for you and your kids. So that was my main goal, sticking it throughout the whole thirteen years. And look at me now, like I'm not perfect, but my kids are in a better situation than I was when I was their age, and it's amazing. You just got to do what's best for you and your kids, absolutely, and it requires taking sacrifices.
Speaker 3: So well said, I think that's going to relate to so many people. A lot of people in the military don't talk about that. They don't talk about you know how it feels as a mom, to be away from your kids. It's already hard enough to be going through postpartum. I know her baby is young, your baby very young, So that's a lot in itself. And then to just put like the distance, being in the army, being in that type of environment, being in a whole nother country with a whole different culture, Like there's so much on you, you know, just really, you know, focus on yourself, on your baby, do what's best for y'all, and just you know, like Chaelle said, it's all about the long term investment that you're making.
Speaker 4: And I promise you it's worth it. It's definitely worth it.
Speaker 1: I can add it just a little bit to it. I can't resonate with like having that situation happen to me. I can only attest to a little bit with my baby girl, Asida, being in boarding school, away prematurely than when I thought she would be leaving the house.
Speaker 2: So it's about sacrifice, but it's also getting your job done and taking care of yourself too.
Speaker 1: And these babies will be okay, especially with support systems and very much so a surrounding support group. In the long run, they are getting educated, they are learning so much, and the babies will be okay, and mama is doing what she gotta do, Like.
Speaker 2: That's what really counts.
Speaker 1: So I just think it's commendable and as long as you have a support system, it's gonna be beneficial to everybody.
Speaker 4: Have faith, Keep God first, that's right.
Speaker 2: Give up.
Speaker 4: You know what your end goal is and you know who you are sacrificed.
Speaker 2: That's right. That's absolutely.
Speaker 4: We love you, Carolina, and we wish you love no the best.
Speaker 3: Thank you for writing in. Yes, we love our humble batty's mail. If you guys want to write in, If you have questions that you want to ask or you need advice on anything, please write into.
Speaker 4: Contact at Humblebatties dot com and we will get back to you.
Speaker 2: We would love to feature your questions here. Please well, thank you.
Speaker 4: Here's another episode of Humble Batties. Make sure you subscribe. You can follow me at shore Arizotto Unscore on Instagram.
Speaker 2: I'm Ashtroy Nicole and I'm Alexis Underscore Stotamyer.
Speaker 4: Subscribe to Humble Batties please on YouTube. We need you guys, and also don't forget we are giving twenty five hundred dollars away to one lucky business owner. Whether you're starting off or you want to enhance your marketing to get more business, send over your one page. I have a paragraph message to Homo Baptists podcast and we're going to pick a winner.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, we love you, Thanks for tuning in, See you next time. Happy Black History Month. I'd be Black History mon