Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Jim stunnerback along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. Bloomberg News cross ass that recorded. Tanisa Sokova is here with us Anita, what are you watching?
Speaker 1: Let's start with one of the gainers, Hershey's. It closed more than four percent higher. It's coming off an upgrade from Goldman Sachs. We actually also had a big upgrade from BNP parry Bar recently, so a lot of good news for the stock. The ticker, of course is HSY. Golden Sas writes that Hershey's market share trends are improving. They're seeing incremental tailwinds from chocolate and confectionery, and actually the company is up fourteen percent today the JP the Goldman Sacks price tag is pretty high. Two hundred and twenty two doors. That's about twenty percent upside from the Monday close. We also saw a similar press back from BNP Pariba, which is a little bit over two hundred doors, so a lot of optimism there. What we're seeing is that Hershey recently announced price high across its portfolio, and clearly consumers are not so worried about it, and they continue to consume some of their iconic brands, and that's definitely helping. What Goldman is saying is that cost pressures from tariffs and price of cocoa are well understood and now reflected in expectations. So hence we're seeing some bullyshup grades.
Speaker 4: There and then comes to chocolate. Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the price this company has been struggling. I mean, everybody's been struggling with the commodity costs. I mean our coffee for example too, also.
Speaker 1: Coffee, cocoa. Now, chocolate prices have been crazy. But people need.
Speaker 3: Chocolate, yeah, I think, And people need chocolate and coffee. Yeah, what else?
Speaker 4: All right, it's a stock at four percent today, it is at fourteen percent so far a year today.
Speaker 1: One stock that's one hundred and ten percent here today, but it's Verian pretty rough day to day is Hymns and hers Health shares closed nearly six percent earlier in trading, it was down about nine point eight percent, so some of the losses were paired back, but still it comes after the FDA send a letter warning about marketing. You know, there has been letters. It's not only Hims and Hers, there have been over one hundred companies. But recently, FDA Commissioner Marty McCarry cited a widely watched Super Bowl commercial and the way they were promoting their copycat OBSI drugs, and that has become obviously, that has been a big thing for the administration. They've been sending those letter warning of deceptive promotion, and they have sent a lot of notices there. This particular letter was about how they market their compounded Sema gratitude drug, which obviously is much cheaper than the FDA approved drugs. But yeah, that's an interesting trend for a company that's been doing so well, and clearly investors are worried. That's a triple digit gains here today.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, more than forty percent of the float is short though.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: That's the advertising part of the story is such an important part of the equation. I mean, look, anecdotally, I see these ads everywhere on the subway. They're they're all over subway stations.
Speaker 1: The ground, social media. It's a big thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, crazy.
Speaker 4: Let's get to a stock that in the last week or so that has really been on the move here, and we're talking about WBD Warner Brothers Discovery.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There, there was definitely a lot of enthusiasm going into this, and we can see how a small downgrade, maybe not so small, is really sending the stock down down six percent today. The ticker, of course is WBD SKYD and Speramount Codence is also down about six percent today. So both of the companies involved in these merging news are seeing a lot of pressure. The stock obviously rallied for quite some times and Paramount is still to make an official offer. So what TD Cowan is saying is that the stock has searched well beyond the fourteen door price stack fowing the report to Paramount will be considering a Big four company and they say the risk your word there is really not warranted currently. That says the modu of the two company may face regulatory st corutiny financial operation. It's a massive merger between two of the biggest names in that industry, and tit Coalan is worried. Their price is fourteen doors, which implies twenty eight percent decrease from less close.
Speaker 4: Elizabeth Warren on social media today, the ink is barely dry on her words. The ink is barely dry on the shady eight billion dollar paramount sky Dance merger and a paramount wants to add Warner Brothers Discovery to its growing list of owned media companies. Still would be a dangerous concentration of power of our media and us. It should be blocked.
Speaker 1: Yes, a lot of regulatory pressures, but investors don't want to miss on a big gain and clearly are playing into that bit.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.