Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Gatty Armstrong and Jettie and keep arms wrong get the Frum studio C signor they are in a dimly lit room.
Speaker 2: You put them the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound on a war footing. And today we're under the tutlage of our general manager, Donald J. Trump and Vladimir Putin on the phone. I wonder if they're going to catch up first before they get down the business.
Speaker 1: It's nice to hear your voice so flat.
Speaker 3: You how you hear many wives foot older?
Speaker 1: Your ex wife's other fun? Wow? How's your bracket looking? Uh? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I mentioned war footing because of the bombing in Israel overnight. So you got that going on too, which is not directly Donald Trump's delio, but I'm sure he's keeping an eye on it. And then he's on the phone with Putin as we speak, at least in theory. Last time they talked for ninety minutes, so it could be a while before the world gets any news out of how that phone call went. The I was reading Ian Bremer's stuff last night. He's a guy that takes a look at the world.
Speaker 1: That's his job. Brief description. But yeah's accurate enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And he said, this is easily the most consequential phone call thus far of the Trump administration.
Speaker 1: And you know, a lot on the line. So we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 4: And so man, being president be something, I mean, just for anybody. You're gonna be on the phone for Putin for however long, making some really serious like historic decisions, and then probably within in a couple of hours, be on the phone with bb Net and Yahoo who's bombing the by Jesus out Igaza and uh and you know, dealing with that and then the ramifications there.
Speaker 3: If it were only the trade stuff that has been much discussed these days, that would be pressure enough, stress enough, complexity enough, I think for any one human being.
Speaker 1: I do notice that.
Speaker 4: And I since most people listen to this show are kind of into the news, you're probably aware that Israel started bombing the Palestinians were humas again yesterday. It is the Palestinians according to the mainstream media. I noticed the mainstream media, man ay, there is there is there is no hedging on this whatsoever. Immediately jumped into the how many people have died according to the Health Ministry, many of them children.
Speaker 3: I mean this, Israel launches deadly attacks, was the headline in the New York Times. Most attacks in war are that's kind of the idea.
Speaker 4: Right, And then quoting the enemy for how many people die and taking.
Speaker 1: Their word for how many of them are children? It's just insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it went from It was criticized to do that. Even Joe Biden himself criticized it. You can't take their word for it, he once said, but got so much pushback, and now all mainstream media goes with their numbers. According to Hitler, this many German children have been killed in Allied bombing and then you report.
Speaker 1: That as you imagine. No, it's nuts, right.
Speaker 3: I kept coming across the phrase the peace talks, specifically the talks over the next phase of the peace process had stalled. And there are days I feel like I'm in the midst of the Emperor's new clothes and everybody around me is walking around saying.
Speaker 5: Oh, the Emperor has a two state solution. Oh we love your two state solution, mister emperor. And anybody with any sanity is saying, let's see, let's check with the mass. Are you still vowing to wipe Israel off the face of the map the first chance you get?
Speaker 1: Yes? Check.
Speaker 3: Are you still vowing to wipe out the Jews and when you're done with them the Christians the moment you have the opportunity, Yes, So explain to me again the two states of solution and how that's going to work?
Speaker 1: Are you fantasy? Last?
Speaker 4: Are you still doing mocking touchdown dance celebrations when you hand over dead bodies you once claimed we're alive, sometimes not even the actual body.
Speaker 1: Right right?
Speaker 4: The talks have stalled, Jack, So it all ties together?
Speaker 1: Or should.
Speaker 4: Trump bombing the crap out of the houthies and now Israel Obama the crap out of Hamas it's all about Iran and so Trump said this in a Truth Social post late last night. Every shot fired by the houthies will be looked upon from this point forward as being a shot fired from the weapons and leadership of Iran in all capitals, and Iran in capital letters will be held responsible and suffer the consequences, and those consequences will be dire, he wrote on Truth Social. So it's all tied together Huthis and Hamas. It's all about, hey, Ran, get your act together. Finally we'll see, finally, a little leadership. This violence, I believe will end much of the violence.
Speaker 1: Not immediately.
Speaker 3: It depends on which specific you're talking about, but the whole don't.
Speaker 1: And if you do, oh well we won't do much.
Speaker 3: We saw what that got us. Let's try something different.
Speaker 1: Please. Well.
Speaker 4: Politically, what's interesting is I don't know how much of Trump's bases the Tucker Carlson crowd don't. I really don't know. I don't know if it's one percent or twenty percent. I wish I had a better handle on that. But Tucker Carlson tweeted out yesterday, it's worth pointing out that a strike on the Iranian nuclear sites will almost certainly result in thousands of American deaths at Bay throughout the Middle East and cost the United States tens of billions of dollars the cost of future acts of terrorism on American soil, maybe even higher. Those aren't guesses, those are the Pentagon's own estimates, says Tucker Carlson. A bombing campaign against Iran will set off a war, and it will be America's war. Don't let the propagandists lie to you. And that was repeated by n Coulter and Candae Owens and a variety of people out there.
Speaker 3: Sure, I think at least some of that is probably true. All right, Tucker, Now do if we continue to withdraw from the strategic parts of the world a la Joe Biden?
Speaker 1: What's it going to be like that? How many people will tie? Then?
Speaker 3: Yeah, as the evildoers of the world are empowered, go ahead, do that one now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When I read that from Tucker Carlson, I was actually thinking we at some point, and this is grim, I realize, and easy to say when it's not you or your kid. My brother's no longer active military, but I'd be saying the same thing if he was still active in going into the Middle East. At some point, the United States is going to have a return to reality and history with wars where you lose thousands of people and it's not like you immediately pull out of the country because you lost people, because that's the way wars were.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's going to happen at some point.
Speaker 4: I don't want it to happen, but it's inevitable, especially with Russia and China continuing to push, at some point we're actually going to have to fight and take losses and have to overcome them politically, not just you know, just not just strategically.
Speaker 3: The fantasy that you can stop pushing outward, and I don't mean like geographically or spreading yourself centner and it cinner and a cinner, I mean being willing to project power. The fantasy that if you lose that willingness there will be peace is so incredibly foolish. And there's some very very intelligent people pushing it, and I'm a little mystified as to their thinking what they think will happen next.
Speaker 1: This could end up being a big political rupture, definitely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Well, political ruptures seem to be the norm right now, and our delights loping clip will illustrate in a moment. And I have a theory as to why, and it's a good one. It's a solid one.
Speaker 4: Okay, So let's start the show officially, Why the heck not? I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe getting on this. It is Tuesday, Oh, the day after Saint Patrick's Day. Oh, feeling a little green today? You're twenty twenty five. We are armstrong in getting we approved of this program. Second day of green, no extra charge, as it turns out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's begin officially according to FCC rules and regulations.
Speaker 1: Here we go leaping into action.
Speaker 6: At mark poll numbers for Democrats, only twenty seven percent of voters have a positive view of the party, the lowest favorability rating in the history of NBC's polling.
Speaker 1: You're a twenty seven person.
Speaker 7: You've got to get Trump to lose eight points of poppy hilarity just for you to get to the point where you're thirteen points below him. Your approval is only seven points above where it turns red and goes into low power mode.
Speaker 1: That's John start talking about the Democrats.
Speaker 4: Democrats approval rating which is historically low right now, of course, as so as the Republicans. It's just not as low as the Democrats. People are not into their big parties right now. No, indeed, and.
Speaker 3: Honestly, the worst thing you can possibly do for your approval rating generally is get power and be in charge the opposition party has it, cush Man, That is the way to be. You just howl about whoever's doing what in office, and you promise your followers that when you get office, by God, you will bring the paradise we've all expected and deserved.
Speaker 1: You know what. It's kind of like, kind of like being a non parent.
Speaker 4: You can really hang on to your beliefs of how you would raise it right, or what they're probably doing wrong to cause that kid to act that way.
Speaker 3: Right exactly, You're the smug military officer back at headquarters explaining how the battle ought to be going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, anyway, Uh so, we got Katie's headlines on the way, We've got some mail bag, we'll get some more news of the day, and man, as soon as any information comes out of that Trump Putin phone call, I'm interested in that. But he has not allowed readoubts of a lot of these calls with Putin in sort of the typical way like if you know, if you're on the phone with Macron or something like that.
Speaker 3: And I've found Trump's strategy so far to be kind of mystifying. And that speaks to the fact that he's keeping his cards close to his vest, and I suspect he will continue to do so after the call, So I don't expect much enlightenment.
Speaker 4: Wow, Okay, Well, that's disappointing anyway, disappointment on the way. Here's our text line four one five two nine five KFDC.
Speaker 1: So we haven't been covering this story at all. I'm not interested in bringing you up to speed.
Speaker 4: If you if you don't know what I'm talking about, just wait thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: It'll be over.
Speaker 4: But the parents of that missing college student want her declared dead?
Speaker 1: What is that all about?
Speaker 4: And a video came out yesterday of her puking by the hotel.
Speaker 3: Probably has to do with Dominican law and whether they can hold the the quote unquote witness that they've been questioning.
Speaker 4: Is your best guess that she was hammered, drunk, went in the water, got swept out to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe or maybe the two chance is involved. I don't know. It's hard.
Speaker 3: You get a couple of drunk people in the wee hours on the beach, in the water, nobody around is like four in the morning, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, it could be very very difficult to determine whatever happened. But yeah, so there is so much I want to get to today. Got a great Gender Benning Madness update, an explainer or two about kind of complicated stories going on in the news that are mystifying, and I've taken a little time to boil them down to the essence, including the shipping the gang members off to El Salvador and did the Trump administration defy and order stuff. It's actually pretty interesting when you get past the half wit news anchors and various administration people yelling at each other. So hope you can stay tuned. Let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green Katie.
Speaker 8: Thank you, guys, starting with the Washington Post. More than four hundred killed as Israel strikes Gaza, breaking ceasefire with Hamas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like that wording. What's that? From the well to the Washington Posts.
Speaker 4: Don't like that at all? Breaking the ceasefire. Gaza broke the ceasefire problem, not Gaza. Hamas broke the ceasefire by not agreeing to their end of it, which was returning hostages on time right.
Speaker 3: They had no intention of furthering the negotiations.
Speaker 1: Israel knew it. And then now it's time to get back.
Speaker 3: To the war.
Speaker 4: And as we already stated, that death number you're going is the enemy's death number.
Speaker 1: From the Free Beacon Columbia declined.
Speaker 8: To investigate swastika's sprawled throughout the Hamilton Hall because they were written in shock and could be erased.
Speaker 3: The hypocrisy and double standard of these walk institutions, including universities, are hilarious and more people ought to be aware of it. You go through lists of who got canceled for what, and then who got excused for Well, they were young and impressionable and made a mistake. It is exactly divided by your politics.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: From Politico, Trump Nixon's Secret Service protection for Hunter and Ashley Biden details totally about thirty agents to protect the president's adult children.
Speaker 3: Well, the Secret Service guys would be in too much danger from old drug dealer and art dealer people who are angry at Hunter.
Speaker 4: So Hunter Biden was he going to get Secret Service protection for the rest of his life?
Speaker 1: I paid for us.
Speaker 8: Bios for the next six months.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, it's it's yeah.
Speaker 3: It's only required through age sixteen, I heard, which is interesting. It was literally it's granted if needed.
Speaker 1: Okay. From NBC.
Speaker 8: After nine months in space, NASA astronauts who flew on Boeing's capsule are on their way home.
Speaker 3: Rescued by whose company m They don't want to say.
Speaker 1: I believe that's accurate from the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 8: We are turning too many people into medical patients. They're saying, this is the swift rise for diagnosis for everything.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I pass through the journal every day. I missed that one.
Speaker 3: I have some really interesting stuff on xanax nation, but I'll.
Speaker 1: Have to seek that out. Yeah, I would like to. I would like to read that. Also.
Speaker 4: It reminds me of my doctor's saying to me a while back, what are we trying to do here? We got into the conversation about keeping people alive longer, but you're not really dig in life, were able to do much, and the doctor saying.
Speaker 1: What is our goal here?
Speaker 3: I am not like full on wound up about big pharma like some people are. On the other hand, where there is enormous profit, there are perverse incentives to turn you into a medical case or treat you or druggy or whatever. There's a hell of a lot of money to be made from CBS.
Speaker 8: Sports next heat game delayed after comedian Tracy Morgan appears to vomit on Madison Square Garden Court.
Speaker 1: I didn't feel good.
Speaker 8: It did not appear.
Speaker 1: He absolutely did vomit. Yeah, he peered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe he saw the video of the guy in the Bronx eating the rat. Heard about that. More on that lane, Liz Lemon, I need to book it from Breitbart.
Speaker 8: Hilaria Baldwin defends her Spanish accent as quote code switching.
Speaker 1: Man, that's what it is saying. They mean to me, it is in a different way.
Speaker 4: It's I'm code switching to somebody more exotic and interesting for the media.
Speaker 1: Now I'm code switching back to my actual accent. Right, I am how you say? A Sony.
Speaker 8: From the Daily Mail, Little People rally outside of Disney's studio in protest of Snow White remake amid outrage over decision to replace them with CGI.
Speaker 4: Right, I missed this story. Somehow we got to get into this. So Okay, old Dinklage, Dinkleman, whatever his name, and the most famous small person in the world. He is involved in this and now know Little People and now CGI and something.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's that's just one.
Speaker 3: That's one of the dwarfs of outrage being directed at.
Speaker 1: This terrible movie.
Speaker 8: Okay, and finally, the Babylon Bee, single woman constantly stressed with no man around to tell her to relax.
Speaker 1: Oh, a multi layer joke. Relax, relax, hey smile, Oh you're trying today, No kidding, it's so.
Speaker 4: Cold of there. We got holding the news. Joe mentioned a bunch of other stuff on the way.
Speaker 1: Stay here, Armstrong and Getty. What's next?
Speaker 9: Another flight, another flight? Every day. The teams and teams are going to be out there every day, every day. The men and women of ICE are going to be in the neighborhoods of this nation, arresting criminal, illegal alien, public state they thrusts and National security thrust. Laurence, you're not going to stop us. I'm probably be a part of this administration. We're not stopping. I don't care what the judges think. I don't care the left tanks.
Speaker 4: We're coming as old wholemaner likes a booting out ofllegals in We'll be talking more about that later. And man it it polls well too, So that's tough if you're the party that's trying to be against that, because it.
Speaker 1: Bowls really well.
Speaker 4: Also have the latest on the snow White and the seven CGI Dwarves story, which here's controversy around. Usually controversy like this is completely bogus, and it's just to let you know there's a new movie out. This is real because of wolfism. So we'll get into that maybe an hour or two.
Speaker 3: Although my only comment, because we will discuss it next hour, is that if that were the only problem with this steaming pile of non entertainment, but my god, the organist.
Speaker 1: Has gone wild. Sorry about that.
Speaker 3: I believe it's a drug problem anyway. You know, musicians are you know, please where was it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, if that were the only problem this steaming pile of non entertainment had, well that would be something, but no, they wish that there was a real dwarf controversy because then people might actually want to see it. But more to come on that. A lot of people talking about tariffs, a lot of headlines these days. Fever pitch has always because Donald Jay is involved, and I and Jack have also at times said we wish Trump was being a little more explicit on what he's trying to accomplish, what the goal is and why it's good for America. And there's been some information on we got to bring manufacturing back and that sort of thing, and I think everybody's in favor of that. As long as you know the means of getting there aren't too insane. But I've been surprised he hasn't done a Reaganesque speech. And I don't mean just Reaganesque generally, but Reagan at the beginning of his first term, when inflation was rampant, he went before the nation and he said, look, here's my plan. It's going to be rough in the short term, but we're going to squash inflation and then things are going to be rosy.
Speaker 1: And a lot of America believed them.
Speaker 3: And he did it and it worked out almost precisely the way he said. And I've just kind of been waiting for Trump to do that, well, you know, in a more here's a speech kind of way. I mean, he talks to the American people every day, multiply interesting way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so both I was reading in The New York Times last night, both Tom Friedman and David Sanger, two of their more respected journalists, and for different reasons on different topics, but both of them were talking about how Trump has been the most disruptive and disruptive is not always a negative word, but have been the most disruptive president in eighty years. I mean since World War Two in the first fifty days. Would you agree with that or not? Oh yeah, wow, most president in eighty years.
Speaker 1: If he's not number one, he's tied for it. That's true.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, even if I'm going to quibble that, you have to be in be in that top couple.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, top tier. Sure.
Speaker 3: So the reception being, Hey, the World War Two, let's cruise along, this is going great, the post World War Two cruise along.
Speaker 1: Everything's going great.
Speaker 3: Period looks like it's coming to an end, and we ought to be a little proactive. Well, right, So that was the Ross doth Fat column that I read from the New York Times. Also, he's a conservative leaning gentlemen. His whole column was all about these things were already true. Trump's just recognizing they're truer saying it out loud. The economy is different, the world order is different. These things were already real, and he's just like.
Speaker 1: Leaning into it. So this is an interesting take.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, indeed, and there's a lot of truth to it. I think, you know, some of the means they're going about to do this stuff. I think he's a little ham handed, and maybe the communications not great, but you know, they'll work that out anyway. The folks involved in the tariff policy discussion, I think are aware of people like me saying, what are you guys doing? And so they're starting to talk to reporters and or whether on the record or off the record, and leaking and that sort of thing. And the strategy is becoming more clear. And the Journal has a piece They've got four guys working on this, and they're talking about some of the negotiations that have been going on behind the scenes, which really help illuminate what they're trying to do. Officials have recently weighed whether to simplify the complex tax task rather of devising new teriff rates for our hundreds of trading partners, by sorting the countries into one of three tariff tiers. You know, fair countries that are good friends, kind of medium countries, and countries that are sticking us with tariffs, or I gotta stick family tariffs and try to sort them out. They later ruled out that proposal because they're still trying to sort out how to implement the rates and how to figure out who's who and so, and Trump has told them that the folks working on this, that you've got like till it's April second to come up with your plan, and so they're scrambling like crazy.
Speaker 1: But the goal of all of this.
Speaker 3: Is to get to a much more reciprocal world where all right, just to pick out, you know, Germany, if you're going to impose a tariff on our fine automobiles at thirty percent, well your BMW's and nowadis and VW's, we're gonna hit you with.
Speaker 1: The same thing.
Speaker 3: And by the way, which which I think is completely defensible, because speaking of the post WW two era, when America stood astride the manufacturing old world like a colossus.
Speaker 1: Europe was in ruins.
Speaker 3: Asia was either in ruins or living in huts, right, I mean, we'd say, all right, yeah, you can put a twenty percent tariff on our stuff so you can get your industry up and run in and we didn't care. But that that period is over now. So anyway, they're trying to get to reciprocal tariffs. You tax us thirty percent, we tax you at thirty percent. Oh you don't want that, Well how about we go with something low and reasonable. So they're trying to figure out how to get there. It's going to be a Rocky Ride. And complicating all this is these countries are not stupid, so you have even like a Germany for instance, as long as we're talking about them, and China is doing the same thing. But let's put China over there because there are mortal enemy. But Germany's saying, oh, oh yeah, you get to thirty percent on German cars now, but only ten percent in Mexico because of the free trade agreement Trump himself negotiated. So Galigi, we're setting up a plant now in Mexico with the same effective situation of our cars are way cheaper to sell in the US than your cars are to sell in Germany. And where are we going to set up a plant that Germany doesn't have a Mexico, so we're at a disadvantage. So again that's joy over the day. Germany doesn't have a Mexico. They need a Mexico. Doesn't everybody need a Mexico. Evidently, jd Vance has taken a big role now in the trade agenda development and has been hosting some of the hours long meetings at the Naval Observatory, which is for some reason where the Vice President lives in Washington.
Speaker 1: But it makes more sense to me, now interesting, but it's.
Speaker 3: So complicated because again, okay, so we're super great buddies with the l Salvador or England or whatever, and you figure that out as China, you think, ok, we'll just manufacture there, We'll send our crap through there because they don't have a high terriff on us, and then the US ends up not getting their tariff. So it's it's tough stuff anyway. So I think that's what they're they're working on.
Speaker 4: Following up on the other thing we were talking about earlier in the hour, and so Trump bombs the heck out of the Hoot, these Israel bombs the heck out of Hamas. Those are both Iranian backed groups. It's basically, you know, part of the proxy war with Iran. And Trump has threatened in the last couple of weeks that Iran needs to, you know, make a deal. He sent a letter to the Ietola you need to make a deal on this whole Iranian nuclear program you've got, or we're gonna take it out and it's going to be really bad for you. And Iran has not responded. And then I so I mentioned that Tucker Carlson, who's got millions and millions of followers, and not just like literal actual follower his Twitter account and his website, but people in that ideology. We got this text Tucker was on with Bongino's replacement yesterday.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that is.
Speaker 4: And Tucker said, Pakistan has nuclear weapons. North Korea has nuclear weapons. I don't want Iran to get nukes, but those other countries have nukes. So I guess suggesting letting Iran get a nuclear weapon would be better than military action with them that could turn into an actual war, which I do not agree with.
Speaker 3: But no, particularly because well, Pakistan's a wobbler. I was going to say, North Korea isn't run by religious fanatics who are bent on bending the war to Allah's will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 3: Your average Presbyterian in the US, or I'm not religious, I'm spiritual. They can't conceive of what a religious fundamentalist, how he sees the world raised from you when you're a baby. To believe that Islam should rule the entire world and anywhere it doesn't is a humiliation to God Almighty. And it is your sacred duty to spend every day of your life to to take care of that and spread Islam and make Islam the government of all of the earth. They don't they don't get that.
Speaker 4: This is just like solidified in my mind in the last dozen hours or so, and then I will get off this. But and I know I'm going to be accused of being a neo khan or chickenhawk or all those sorts of terms for a neo hawk, an chicken khan, a chicken con which is the worst. God help you if one moves in next door to you.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Similar to the topic of recognizing reality in a certain in a bunch of different areas, the economics, world order are different stuff. We might have to realize that the we're gonna have to fight some of the bad people. We're gonna have to fight some of the bad people, actually engage with them, lose people, and fight them and win. That's going to have to happen like has always happened throughout history and.
Speaker 3: Were carefully and judiciously and never for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 4: We haven't really done that in a long time, right, right, But that I think that's coming, and it would be really obviously somewhat ironic. Is as often the cases with a case when people get elected president. Very sort of thing that they ran on ends up being in their lap and they have to make some decisions that he wanted to make. Trump, who ran a lot on, you know, getting this out of wars, and all these di's say he might have to be more engaged as a war president than any we've had in a long time. Quite possibly, that has happened so many times in history.
Speaker 1: That's the George W. Bush story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, though he took it way too far and lost his mind in my opinion. But anyway, my grand unifying theory on why both parties are so divided and how everything's crumbling.
Speaker 1: Next hour, cool, hopey, say.
Speaker 4: We'll get into the dwarf controversy CGI dwarves taking jobs away from little people.
Speaker 1: Cruel, absolutely cruel.
Speaker 3: I'm working on the headline little Men, Big controversy. Oh wow, it's a little heavy hand of the little men.
Speaker 1: I'm working on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's Some of the quotes are something Joe's got mailbag on the waisty here, Trump and Putin are on the phone.
Speaker 1: Are they carving up Ukraine?
Speaker 4: Making a deal without Ukraine being involved in the conversation at home?
Speaker 1: Might be anyway as soon as details leak out. We'll have them for you.
Speaker 3: Got a lot to come next hour, indeed, including a freedom loving Quote of the day bassetball addition at least partly, I'm sorry, a gender bending Madness update basketball edition partly.
Speaker 1: Now it's time for the freedom loving Quote of the bit.
Speaker 3: Somebody really needs to write this on a whiteboard in front of me. I need Q cards like I'm on Saturday Night Live. This is from Dietrich Bonhoeffer, sent along by anonymous person interrupting our series of Teddy Roosevelt quotes.
Speaker 1: Just for the day.
Speaker 3: I'll give you the short version, Jack, Can you tell me if you want the longer version? Stupidity is a more dangerous enemy of the good than malice.
Speaker 1: One may protest against evil.
Speaker 3: It can be exposed, and if need be prevented by use of force. Against stupidity, we are defenseless.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. That is pretty good. I'll read you a little more.
Speaker 4: I've been reading, been meeting to read more about Dietrich Bonhoeffer. I just never get around to it.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Evil always carries within itself the germ of its own subversion, in that it leaves behind in human beings, at least a sense of unease against stupidity. We are defenseless. Neither protests nor the use of accomplish anything. Here reason falls on deaf ears. Facts that contradict one's prejudgment simply need not be believed. In such moments, the stupid person even becomes critical, and when facts are irrefutable, they are just pushed aside as, inconsequential, as incidental and all this. The stupid person, in contrast to the malicious one, is utterly satisfied and being easily irritated, becomes dangerous by going on the attack. For that reason, greater caution is called for when dealing with a stupid person than with a malicious one.
Speaker 1: That'd be my life experience.
Speaker 3: That is one of the greatest breakdowns in dealing with a stupid person I've ever come across.
Speaker 1: Mail Bag drop us a note.
Speaker 3: Mail Bag at armstrong in getty dot com is the email address mail bag at armstrong in getty dot com. Data on the topic of Americans used to be much more mobile, and there was a big giant moving day once a year.
Speaker 1: If you didn't hear.
Speaker 3: It, it was our three of yesterday's show. Grab it via podcast Armstrong in Getty on demand Data says I was one hundred percent agreement with you about people just picking up and moving and how great that was to chase where the opportunities are the way we used to. But it dawned on me that most households are made up to working people. Only one of those people has lost their job. Makes it harder to pick up and move.
Speaker 4: Wow, very wise, perception of being definitely degrees more difficult.
Speaker 3: Because of the length of the piece we're discussing yesterday, I left that out. The author did point that out, and also that in divorced couples, child custody agreements make it much harder to pick.
Speaker 1: Up it right, right, So the complexity of.
Speaker 3: The modern world has definitely hurt our ability to find opportunity.
Speaker 1: Wherever it lies, no doubt. Wow, rich and beautiful green organ rites.
Speaker 4: In fact, well, yeah, picking up and leaving when you got two careers that have to the in the same location start over again at the same time, it's a pretty daunting task.
Speaker 1: It is very complicated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guys, how can we hear little about SpaceX rescuing these stranded astronauts. The ten day mission turns into nine months. The government can't get them. I would point out the Boeing folks floundered Elon to the rescue, but the media barely mentions it. Yeah, well that's because he's a bad guy. Now he's evil, He's evil. Mfaae my favorite African American Elon rich and Oregon.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'm supposed to sing this, but another Jay in San Jose writes on the sixth level of chess Trump gave to US. Iran nukes are part of the Russian deal. It's all part of that giant Omni deal Russia, China, Iran, god arafs.
Speaker 1: I play.
Speaker 4: I play one dimensional chess with my son, and I have lost eight times in a row.
Speaker 3: Now eight times in a row. Wow, the student has become the master. The master needs to up his game. See, I still call the Knight the Horsey. So I don't get any game currently. Concentration is my biggest foe. I just I space out and then I make mistakes. Yeah, tell me about it. Magnus and Tucson writes, aquifer depletion dust bowl. I remember hearing that we're depleting all the water in the aquifers in the Midwest, the West too, and when it's gone there will be a Midwest dust bowl for decades. Yeah, the climate change stuff is way overblown. It's a profit center for green new scammers. The pumping out the aquifers too fast stuff. I have talked to people who are completely responsible, saying, people who point out that just means underground water. Essentially, we're pumping it out way faster than nature. Then nature can replenish it, and we're making a serious mistake.
Speaker 1: I believe that to be true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dust storms that are causing fifty car pile ups in the Midwest that hasn't been around for a long time.
Speaker 3: And then this, I don't think we have time. We'll just start it and we'll finish it off next hour. But Eric, frequent correspondent guy it writes guys, because accuracy is your hallmark, I am compelled to respond to John from Kansas, who suggested yesterday's mail bag that the term woman is derived from the Old English womb plus man to mean woman. Well, this makes for a good story, I'm afraid is not supported by the literature. Yeah, even as I said it, I knew this is you know, it's it's disputed. All these things are other Oh yeah, absolutely, I won't dispute that. The other possible explanations where the term woman came from coming up next hour.
Speaker 4: Okay, and if you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and get you on demand Armstrong and Getty