Speaker 1: When you look at the Soros family and the impact they've had on our elections, getting liberal prosecutors elected to power, and the increase in crime we've seen as a result. Or the World Economic Forum and Claus Schwab and its desire for us to own nothing and to be happy. Or Bill Gates buying up America's farmland, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, all of these individuals who have an outsized role in shaping our society and shaping the world.
Speaker 2: That we live in. But how much control do they have.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk to Shamus Brunner, who is the author of a new book called Control O Garchs, exposing the billionaire class, their secret deals, and the globalist plot to dominate your life. Just how much control these people have, and even some things that you wouldn't even think about in the ways that they're trying to control us. Shamus Bruner is also the director of research at the Government Accountability Institute. He's worked with Peter Schweizer over the years to bring a lot of investigations to light to call out corruption in both government and the private sector as well. So stay tuned for this interview about his new book, Control of Arcs. Well, Seamus, I met you at a Heritage event a few months ago and you were telling me about your book, and I was like, I've got to get you on and look at us following through.
Speaker 3: So awesome, It's so awesome. I'm excited. This is a podcast I love to listen to.
Speaker 1: Well that means a lot. I really appreciate it, and I'm so glad to have you on. This book just seems so interesting. You and Peter Schweizer. You guys have exposed a ton of corruption over the years through the Government Accountability Institute as well as the best selling books and the investigative work that you guys have been doing. I focus on the billionaire class.
Speaker 3: Well, you know us, we follow the money. That's kind of our motto. We followed it to the Clinton's, to the Bidens. I did a book on FBI corruption following James co Me and Robert Muller's money, and now we decided to follow it all the way to the top, to the globalist elites. And what we found is really shocking stuff. I mean, for the first time ever, we crunched the numbers and found, you know how each of the characters on the cover of the book, and about twenty others added tens of billions of dollars to their personal net worth over the course of the pandemic. And that may not surprise the savvy listeners of your show, But what really blew us away is how they sort of leveraged the pandemic as a quote opportunity not only to get rich, but to seize control of key industries that dominate our lives. And we're not against making money, of course, we're all capitalists. You know, there's plenty of good billionaires out there, but these guys really want to use their money and leverage the power of government to change your behavior and control you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I'd love to be a billionaire. I'm not going to lie. But you know that big set. You know, you look at a lot of the damage these guys have done, and you focus on folks like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, the Soros, Klass Schwab, you know a lot of these individuals.
Speaker 2: We talk a lot about if.
Speaker 1: You had to pick one, who's the worst offender, and why.
Speaker 3: It's so hard when you've got George Soros, Bill Gates, and Klaus Schwab. I usually choose those three out of the five. Mark Zuckerberg and Jeff Bezos do have a bit of a more libertarian bent, although that is eroded over the years. George Sorows is just, you know, the villain that everybody knows and has heard much about his son Alexander. So we weren't sure that George Soros was going to make it through publication, and there was questions of whether we should put him on the cover. He's ninety three years old and not looking so good. But his son Alexander, So we tracked down all five of his children and found that actually each is more radical than he is. And Alexander Soros, who's taken over the sort of dark money empire, this twenty five billion dollar mount and of philanthropic cash, is much more radical than his father. So I think he's certainly one to look out for. Bill Gates, of course. I mean, he was always this cutthroat monopolist software salesman, and then once the DOJ started looking into Microsoft and the famous anti trust suit was opened up, that's when he became a philanthropist. And now all of a sudden he's a darling of the left. I mean the left didn't used to love Bill Gates at all, but the things that he's pouring his money into is really, really, you know, some creepy stuff. And then klaud Schwab, I would say, I mean, he doesn't have the power of Bill Gates in America, but globally he certainly does. And what he represents is, you know this, He's this frontman for this group of people I call the control of Arcs and the things coming out of Davos are truly terrifying. So that's probably how I'd rank them. Cloud's at the top, only because he represents the rest of them. Bill Gates right up there with him and Soros and his offspring right below Gates.
Speaker 1: You talked about Bill Gates investing in some very creepy stuff. We know he's also buying up America's farmland. You know, first of all, get into the creepy stuff you're talking about, and then also why is he buying up America's farmland.
Speaker 3: There's a tactic that Bill Gates used, or Microsoft used that is what the Anti Trust Justice Department prosecutors looked into, and so it actually bears upon both the farmland but all of the other stuff he has used this tactic called embrace, extend, extinguish, where he enters the sector, you know, acts like he's not making too many waves. He extends his reach within that sector, and then he extinguishes the competition. And so I mean you just you saw this in the pandemic. I mean he enters this glo the global health industry. I mean he's a software guy. What does he know about health? He's certainly not a doctor, not a scientist. He expands his reach. This happens through the two thousands. I mean he's funded doctor Fauci programs, doctor Burke's programs. He really bought his way in by sending money to NIH studies and stuff like that. I mean, three billion dollars is how much we found he had sent towards Fauci and Burks before the pandemic and their priorities. And then he's the one who's authoring the pandemic policies, things like lockdowns and masks and things that we know now and many of us knew then didn't work. He's got a very close relationship with communist China. He's helped the Chinese censor their own citizens using Microsoft software and skype et cetera and outed dissident journalists. So he's got this real proclivity towards the Chinese. And it's not just commercial. I think hekind of craves the power that communism provides. Of course, we get into the the GMO mosquitos that he's released all over the country. I mean, it started in Florida, in California. Wants to release them everywhere. Not a scientist, but not sure genetically modified mosquitos is a good idea. He spent over ninety million dollars doing that.
Speaker 2: What's the goal with that?
Speaker 3: The goal is to eradicate mosquitoes, because mosquitos are actually the most deadly animal.
Speaker 2: What's the real goal? Is there something more nefarious than that?
Speaker 3: It's more I don't you know, I don't say that. I'm not saying that there's a more nefarious goal other than eradicating mosquitoes. However, you know a lot of things could go wrong when you start messing with you know, the food chain, and next thing you know, you know, he has cascading ripple effects. So the fact that he's able to do this without any and that's kind of the theme of the book is did anybody get to vote on this no. And Bill Gates is unelected for he is unaccountable. And that's that's a big problem, is these unelected billionaires and bureaucrats authoring our policies without any sort of recourse for we the people. Additionally, you know, he's got he's the one who helped get the Inflation Reduction Act passed. There's a piece in Bloomberg that you know, leaked communications probably from Senator Mansion staff saying that Bill Gate calls up the Mansion and kind of threatens him. And he's he's not a registered lobbyist, he doesn't have to register as a lobbyist, but he's able to kind of exert this undemocratic pressure over lawmakers to get things like the Inflation Reduction Act pass Now, why would he do that. There's four hundred plus billion dollars carved out in the Inflation Reduction Act to go to green energy priorities and you know so called green energy priorities. He's got this nuclear power company called Tarror Power that's gotten at least one hundred million dollars in tax payasists. That's another thing we talk about is, you know, why do we need to be giving welfare to oligarchs.
Speaker 1: And then what about the farmland. What do you think the objective is there?
Speaker 3: So using this embrace and in like the the extinguished phase. You know, I mentioned it with with global health and how he kind of bought his way into that industry and then I'll expanded his region extinguished. The competition. The competition is generics. In the case of healthcare, I mean generic medications. You know they Why would he put like, you know, why would he diss or pooh pooh things like zinc or vitamin C in favor of things like regeneron or you know, the other patented pharmaceutical products. And that's that's what you saw with Microsoft, and that's what you'll see in the food industry is the the the industries that Bill Gates wants to control. He actually owns and has large investments in these patented technologies. And so with food and with agriculture, he owns large chunks of the fake meat, you know, things like beyond meat, impossible foods. He's also owns a large chunk of these new synthetic patented fertilizers. And so once he's secured investments in the patented technology and he's expanded his reach far enough within an industry. That's when he comes in and exerts the pressure over the politicians to do things like ban certain types of fertilizers which would be his competition, and ban you know, types of meat. So I meane Alexandria Acasio Cortes when she starts scriping about cal flatulence and you know how that's going to end the earth, she doesn't get these ideas and she didn't just make up this idea, and a lot of politicians talk about, you know how cattle are terrible. I mean, Ireland is actually a little further ahead than the United States and their efforts to ban cattle. They're going to be sending anywhere from forty thousand to two hundred thousd and cows to slaughter on the altar of climate change that just so happens to benefit people like Bill Gates's investments in these alternative proteins.
Speaker 2: Do you think Peter would be a little bit upset about that?
Speaker 1: Seriously, although they'll probably be silent because it's you know, leftists doing it. You know, the Soros family, clearly, I don't know if I mean any other family has done more damage to America in like modern history. They've done this through elections, you know, even more localized elections, like liberal prosecutors. The amount of crime that they've increased. What motivates them to want to destroy so much? You know, what did you learn about them? What should people know?
Speaker 2: Why are they so invested in destroying America?
Speaker 3: Sure so, George Soros. I mean many of your listeners have probably heard that his network is called the Open Society Network, and that term open society it comes from his mentor, Carl Popper. And the idea behind an open society is that there are no borders. And so that's you know, you see the erosion of our border. That's a huge source. Priority is to eliminate the border. There's not strong you know, strong countries, the United States being the strongest. They don't want a strong United States. They want this multipolar world of kind of like everybody, you know, all globalists. And so I totally agree with you that he has done probably the most damage, certainly being the oldest on the cover there and he's been at it for a long time. And the problem is is that his his offspring are just as radical, if not more radical than he is. They're not just I mean they've already placed their thumbs on the scales for twenty twenty four. You've got all of the you know, the prosecutors who are trumping up these charges and like against a political opponent, but then also the efforts to remove Donald Trump from the ballot across the county. This is being pushed by an organization called Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. CREW that's a Soros funded organization. And he always names I mean, he's really good at naming his uh dark money network organizations like the Democracy Initiative or Open Society Initiative, and they sound really good. The only problem is is Soros is unelected and so we have no way of pushing back against his influence. And it's you know, that's not very democratic at all. And something we get into too is, you know, he's funding the prosecutors, which that's just uh, you know, these are these these are tiny races where you know, it doesn't cost a lot of money to buy the race. Local sheriffs are next. I mean, he's now funding local sheriffs.
Speaker 1: It's pretty terrifying. Let's take a quick commercial break. More on control of arcs. On the other side. Why do you think the left and brain globalism so much? You know, what, do these billionaires want globalism? Why does the left want globalism? What's the aim of it?
Speaker 3: Well, that's a great question, and it's talked about a lot in the book. How there are these Well, so chapter one gets into this organization called the Club of Rome, and it's really the precursor to Davos in the World Economic Forum. They're very tight with the United Nations and with you know, reading through their thousands of pages of manifestos, you kind of come to the realization that there are these problems and crises, and in every crisis there's a huge opportunity for them. Of course, there are these problems in crises that are just too big for anyone country to solve, and so that's why they these kind of plutocrats who are again not elected, get together in places like Davos, but also like Aspen and very very fancy places, and they get together and brainstorm how they can use tag payer resources to solve crises, things like climate change, things like global pandemics. I mean, back in the sixties when a lot of these organizations were getting started, the big problem was overpopulation and They certainly still to this day, think that there's too many peasants on planet Earth, you know, using up their resources in air. So Bill Gates is a big overpopulation type guy, and the way they want to bring it down is largely through lowering the birth rate. They've they've done a pretty good job. I feel like they should take take a victory lap because birth rates are at sixty year lows.
Speaker 2: Now are these crises?
Speaker 1: Are these manufactured crises? When you talk about climate change and COVID which ended up being as deadly as the flu.
Speaker 3: Well, when you read through like this organization is a very it's not well known, the Club of Rome, but I would encourage people to go read some of the Club of Rome's reports. They're still you know, cranking out reports to this day. Their first, their first big production was called the Limits to Growth, and that was like, how the Earth is overpopulated. We really need to you know, a lot of these people think a billion people now. They never tell you how they want to get to a billion people. They think that's like the ideal planetary size. They don't, you know, they don't tell you how they want to get to it. I don't allege that there's like some large genocide going on or anything like that. But the thing that they openly talk about is just lowering birth rates. That was the first crisis, is this crisis of overpopulation. I think they realized because you can kind of see over time, you know, report after report each year that comes out. What grew out of the overpopulation was global cooling. Well, the Earth is going to freeze. I mean this is now into the seventies, and these are the people who are authoring things that where you eventually arrive at climate change. The thing about climate change that's so perfect. I mean they got to global warming. There was holes in the ozone layer and you know every year the or you know every year they're like ten, in ten years, the Earth is going to end if we don't do something about it. And then you get to that ten years, like well wait a second's like no, no, no, it's ten it's ten more years ahead. I mean, like Greta Thunberg said twenty twenty three would be the year that the Earth would end back in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: She had to delete that.
Speaker 3: Tee had to delete the tweet. So they all and they kind of they kind of just they paper over their past predictions, but there's like fifty to sixty years of failed predictions. And this is why the pandemic was such a aga, in Klaus Schwab's words, great opportunity. I mean, they said, there's there's some great clips I wish I'll send them to you of people at the World Economic Forum saying climate changes doesn't really scare people enough. So that's why the pandemic has been such a great opportunity because it's actually real. It's not you know, this hypothetical ten year away event. And so that and so the great reset is you know, talked about extensively in the book. I mean, Klaus Schwab got up in July of twenty twenty and said, this pandemic is a great opportunity for a reset, a great reset of capitalism, of rebuilding ours, you know, we build back better in a greener way. And everybody, you know, if you saw that clip, you were kind of wondering, in the middle of a pandemic, when you're lockdown and wearing a mask, what the heck does a virus have to do with climate change? And we're we're starting to see that they as they rebuild and build back better and these infrastructure bills, they're pouring hundreds of billions, actually over a trillion dollars is going into like saving the planet, which is such an ambitious goal, but it's it's really a heist of taxpayer money. And what is it building. It's building these climate friendly you know, programs and initiatives. Then really actually aren't all that climate friendly. I mean you look at the fake meats, which is all done to save the planet, you know, climate change. The fake meats use more you know, growing meats in a lab uses more carbon than cattle emit method, so it's that's not greener than the tried and true method of just growing beef. Same thing with the electric vehicles, I mean, the batteries and just like the number of elements and materials that go into the production of electric vehicle is ultimately more carbon emitting than a gas powered vehicle would emit in its lifetime. And so then if it's not about saving the planet, what is it about? And you kind of can see, I mean, just you know, have your listeners. Imagine a scenario. You wake up in the middle of the night, it's in the middle of the summer, it's a it's a heat wave and you're drenched in sweat. So you go to your thermostat and you try to turn the temperature down and you can't. You've been locked out. You don't have control over the temperature in your home. That sounds maybe a conspiracy, like a conspiracy conspiracy theory. It's it's not. As the residence in Denver, Colorado, in California, and in Texas, they've all experienced this area where they signed up for the new smart thermostat, they didn't realize when they checked the box. I agree that they were agreeing to have their smart thermostat remotely controlled based on you know, the energy consumption of their city. This is kind of what the smart cities are all about. This is this technology that Gates is funding, invested in, built, Jeff Bezos with Amazon, and you know a bunch of other characters in the book.
Speaker 1: Well, and it also pushes us, you know, for instance, with electric vehicles, I think it's just so that people stop owning private car ownership, you know, to to reduce that because you know, there there are questions about if the electrical grid could even support this vast expansion to electric vehicles, if there's even enough raw materials, and so I think the end goal is so that we don't have private you know, car ownership, right, And that's part of what you know, Klaus Schwab and the World Economic Forum has been saying, is that, you know, they want us to own nothing and be happy, be you know, talk about some examples.
Speaker 2: About what they're encouraging to push us in that direction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, certainly it sounds sort of like a threat. Actually when you when you think a lot about it, like I.
Speaker 2: Have, Yeah, like that's not going to make me happy, right, I could.
Speaker 3: Tell you you will own nothing.
Speaker 1: Luck, Yeah, with this biding economy, you're really already pushing me in the you know, but like that will not make me I promise you have.
Speaker 3: Well, the way to think about it is they want to put a paywall around everything in your life that you enjoy, and they want to make it a subscription based everything you rent everything. They act like it's going to be this utopia, But I mean, do you like having to subscribe to a number? You know, like I mean BMW's and Mercedes Now, like in order to have your heated seats you need and to have maybe this the safety sensors on the car, the features are in the vehicle. You've paid for the vehicle, but in order to use those features, you've got to pay ten bucks a month. If you want the remote start feature on your keyfob, that's an extra five bucks a month. And this is something that Bill Gates actually really pioneered with.
Speaker 2: It's like flying Spirit airlines.
Speaker 3: It really no, it really isn't.
Speaker 1: It's something you want to bring a carry on and that's another hundred You're like, what the yeah?
Speaker 3: And you see it in every industry that's like highly consolidated. When the consumers don't have options and choices, then the few market players, especially in the airline industry. But Bill Gates and these other guys, they want to consolidate every industry. I mean there's a great Goldman Sachs report that talks about how a consolidated industry meaning fewer and fewer market players in that industry, is the ideal. I mean, it's a utopia for corporatist types because there's no competition. That's the thing that unites all these guys. They hate competition, Bill Gates especially, that's why he got into trouble with anti trust with Microsoft. They want to put the competitors out of business. This is why the lockdowns were so good. It crushed local and small business competition, and it really boosted the big bog big retail Amazon type players. And so when there's no competition, yeah, they can get away with charging you extra for a carry on. It's the same. I mean, the cellular provider industry is a highly consolidated industry. There's just a few options your home internet. There's only like two options maybe in your area to get fast internet, and that's why they can really stick it to you. And that's really what these guys are the Davost crowd really enjoy. So that's kind of where things are headed, is very few options. And when there's few options, you know, I actually lined it up to the University of Michigan does this consumer satisfaction survey every year, and you find that the industries with few players are the most hated. Industries, Like you will not be happy. That's why you don't like flying on airlines. That's why you're frustrated with comcasts. And the industries where there's abundant choices. I mean, interestingly, the craft beer industry, for example, or the food industry are the favored industry of consumers. There are so many options that you can I mean, and it drives down prices and so you get the best value with the most choices. And these guys don't like that.
Speaker 1: Well, I can tell you I just recently got the iPhone fifteen like an idiot, and now I get awful service. And I called the AT and T about it, and I've talked to them multiple times and one of the people they're like, oh, just upgrade your plan. I'm like, well, it worked just fine with the thirteen, So like, what sense does that make? You know? But it's probably just another reason to try to drive up prices and stick it to us when you know they're already doing enough job of that in this economy.
Speaker 2: Quick break more with Seamus Brunner. You know, I wanted to ask you because you luded.
Speaker 1: You talked about the lockdowns and this massive transfer of wealth that happened during it. You know, you had players like Bill Gates in the World Economic Forum really encouraging you know, lockdowns kind of talk about how COVID enabled some of these you know globalists, these billionaires, these control of arcs, you know, talk about the role COVID plate and all of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, certainly. I mean we so like the the net worth of all of these guys skyrocketed. I mean mostly a lot of the big tech guys. I mean everybody. You know, when you're locked at home, you got to shop on Amazon, Facebook, which is now topping about four billion users worldwide, but not all of those people are on Facebook all the time. During during the lockdowns, they had two billion people worldwide every single day checking their news feeds. That's that's a lot of money. I mean, Jeff Mark Zuckerberg almost almost doubled up in networth. He was around sixty billion. Now he hovers around twenty billion. Over the course of the pandemic. That, you know, that's not that there's some conspiracy you know about you know that they plant I don't say that they planned the pandemic, but I do say that they that Bill Gates and others planned for a pandemic that go through all of the pandemic planning exercise. Is there have been many prior to you know, there was one just three weeks or whatever before the virus started spreading in China in October twenty nineteen. The World Economic Forum and the Bill will ind the Gates Foundation, we're planning for a specifically at coronavirus pandemic, so it was on their minds, and during these exercises they plan out like, well, here's how we respond to. What you kind of notice is that the it wasn't really about health, it was about control. I mean there's a big information control element to the pandemic, and that's what you know why, you know there needed to be this unified figure, unified voice in doctor Anthony Fauci. Now i'd play put yeah, yeah, And it was it was a really interesting I mean, if you really track Bill Gates's you know, he appears on the scene in February of twenty twenty. I mean, nobody, most people don't even know that there is a pandemic during that at that point. I mean, the World Health Organization doesn't announce that it is a global pandemic until mid March. But Bill Gates he puts out an op ed and a Bill Gates byline, and it's pushed by Washington Post. Jeff Bezos is Washington Post, and it's everywhere before you know it, and he says, the only way we can get back to normal is if everybody takes the vaccine. And so you kind of wonder, like, what vaccine there is. There's not a vaccine. The vaccine didn't come till later, and so they kind of had pre pre planning for a pandemic. I don't, you know, I don't say that it's intentionally released or anything like that. But in addition to controlling the information, yeah, controlling the pharmaceuticals. And this is why competing COVID protocols were just not allowed. I mean, you were censored if you suggested any other thing other than a vaccine. Now we've seen that the vaccines don't exactly work. You know. The promise was that it was one hundred percent safe and effective. You know, Joe Biden says, if you get the vaccine, you're not going to get COVID. That was obviously not true. It slowly went down to well, if you know, you might have less symptoms, but you know, you ask anybody, you know. I mean, the symptoms are roughly the same amongst the vaccinated and unvaccinated. So I mean, what was it all about. I mean money, For one thing, it was a huge huge boost in money to the companies like Pfizer and Maderna. Everybody knows that I mean over you know, a trillion dollars. I believe Moderna was at one point estimated to be the first trillion dollar pharmaceutical company, which is just an unfathomable sum. But Bill Gates helped develop all these technologies. He was developing m RNA therapies, and ultimately the m RNA is not about COVID. You know, they talk about what mRNA like it's it's this medical breakthrough, which it is certainly, but Elon Musk actually kind of talks about what what mRNA can do, and it you know, they talk about with COVID, it turns your body into like its own little pharmaceutical factory where it can produce these spike proteins and it's just magic. But what they really see m RNA is being able to do is like life extension and anti aging. I mean Elon Musket, he's got a great comment about this. He's like, with m RNA, you could turn someone into a butterfly. I mean, that's not obviously true. He's being a little hyperbolic, but he does say there's some great anti aging elements to it, and so you see that these guys kind of have like this god complex on steroids where whether it's the meats or the pharmaceuticals where they you know, they think that they can tinker with genetics. They you know, the food is like a really i mean kind of bizarre stuff with the it's not just eat the bugs, but some of the lab grown meats, and you know it's like cows are just fine. You know, the you know, Mother Nature or God created everything just fine. You don't need to be making new meats, you don't need to be extending your life, and ultimately you get to you know, the bookend, you know, gets towards the end is you know, the transhumanist ambitions of these guys and uploading brains to clouds and you know, plugging in neuralink to your brain stem. It all sounds like science fiction, it's not. I mean, Biden's FDA just approved neuralink for human trials this past spring. In the book we Do, you know, at the time of writing, there's over ten thousand people who have already hooked their brains up to microchips and it's kind of terrifying stuff. You know, you think, I'm not going to be I'm not going to do that to myself, and that's probably true. But with the AI revolution, I mean Sam Altman and open ai and chat GPT's like always in the news these days. You know, there's a very close relationship with Microsoft. Microsoft is the biggest investor in open ai. And according to Sam Altman, i mean, jobs are going away and estimates range from you know, forty percent of the workforce on the lower end to maybe eighty percent as an extreme. That was you know that those are according to Google's AI people. And so if you lose your job and you're kind of just struggling to get by as many people are struggling to get by right now, just you know, there's no telling what you might do when forced to. We saw it and that's what we saw during the pandemic. I mean that was a kind of a good test rune of like what are people willing to do in an extreme scenario.
Speaker 1: It's interesting that MR and A, you know, connecting it to keeping people, you know young when it's killing people, you know, when you look at what it's doing to people's hearts and uh, you know the rest of it. But regarding this push for you know, artificial intelligence, and you know, this continued walk we have towards you know, additional technology in the country. You know, my concern for it is that we're just going to have more and more broken people because you know, one with job loss.
Speaker 2: Obviously, jobs give people a purpose.
Speaker 1: But even just looking at COVID, I mean, the more impersonal and disconnected we become as humans, the more unhappy we become. You know, you look at all these overdoses during COVID, the isolation and the more online, the more technologically driven we are, the further driven apart we are as humans, and the less human connectivity we're going to have. And so I just I worry that that is going to drive us further towards division, you know, anger, hopelessness, and just a more unhappy society.
Speaker 3: I completely agree with you. I think you're totally right. I mean, you see this with I mean, you know, over forty I think forty three state attorneys general across the country file suit against meta Facebook and Instagram maker for it's addictive business model. I mean, and there's you know, going back to the founding of Facebook, they used addiction as a business model. But the attorney's general goes step further. It's not just that Bill Gates, I mean Mark Zuckerberg is profiting from an addictive business model, but it's the effects that that business model has on people, especially young people, young young women, you know, feelings of depression and suicide and so yeah, you like during the pandemic, you're locked down and you're just like scrolling Facebook all day. That's you saw tons of depress you know, depression surged, and so it's a it's a big problem. I mean, this guy, the WEF visionary. You've all know a Harari And if your listeners haven't heard of Harari, you know, I recommend you go just cruise YouTube and watch some videos of this guy. This is a guy who he kind of speaks with authority. I mean, Barack Obama is a big fan. Mark Zuckerberg is a big fan. Bill Gates is a big fan of Hurrari. Klaus Schwab cites him in his books and he talks about like what what does the future look like? And he says, you know, there's going to be a lot of useless people AI and you know, the robot in the Fourth Industrial Revolution, as Klaus Schwab calls it, is going to lead to a lot of useless people. And what are those people going to do. They're going to be on drugs, playing video games. It's really dystopian. But also you kind of see, you know, you see it right now in a lot of ways with the social media addiction and stuff, and drug addiction on the increase, and fentanyl deaths are always up. So we're kind of you know, we've got time, and I do have some hope that we'll fight back against it, but it is looking pretty grim right now, you know.
Speaker 1: Before we go, let's also talk about the central bank digital currency. You had talked before about even just with you know, like thermostats and sort of some of this technological shifts of them being able to control you know, heating and air conditioning. I mean, the central bank digital currency would mean that they control our financial transactions as well. And you know, obviously we're probably not on the popular side of things, so I you know, like good luck, you know, like good luck Shamus and Lisa trying to go buy the things we want to buy right right.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's absolute total control that according to the head, a central bank digital currency is absolute total control over finances in a way that we've never seen people hear here, like a digital currency it's like, well, I use my credit card and I tap to pay at the register, Like, are not using digital currency? No, no, no, this is different. It's it's a removal of the cash based system. And so the head of the Bureau of International Settlements the BIS, that's like the central banker's central bank, it's like the biggest, most powerful bank in the world that's based in Switzerland. The head of that bank has this video where he talks about CBDC and he says, you know, the problem with cash is you don't know who's spending one hundred dollars. You know, the one hundred dollars just kind of drifts through the financial system and you don't know who spent it or what they spent it on. And so even if you you know, even if you're using tap to pay and your you know, your card all the time, and if you never use cash, just having that element of cash and that uncertainty floating through the financial system as our current system does, that confounds their you know, AI ambitions where they can really like analyze every single transaction. And so with a set bank digital currency, this guy Augustin Karsten's who's the head of the BIS, he says that's much better because it gives us absolute total control. And what that control he's talking about is how they will be able to completely d bank Like they can deplatform you with the flick of a switch on social media. Uh, they will be able to de bank you. And they could depend de bank you to the person. They could debank your entire family, your community, your business, uh, your entire town, I mean an entire country, you know, if they wanted to. If everybody's on the Global Central Bank digital currency, it's like a flick of a switch, money gone. And so that's a big problem. I mean, you know, a lot of people listening may have been may feel like their shadow band, or may have been actually shadow band, probably for telling the truth about something. And so when you bring in the element of your finances and the type of control that a CBDC would allow, that's that's really a huge problem. That's like game over in my view. And just just today the IMF UH called for governments around the world to replace cash with c CBDC. This. You know, someone sent me this link like did you see this? I was like no, But now the IMF is pushing for it. The Atlantic Council reported about two weeks ago that the quote momentum behind cbdc's remains strong heading into twenty twenty four. The World Economic Forum says the same. So there's this push happening in the background our federal reserve, and it's all of the central banks around the world, but our Federal Reserve is is you know, working on it right now.
Speaker 1: Well, Seamus Bruner, thank you for making it so I can't sleep tonight.
Speaker 3: Well I could, I could let me. I'll give you like a thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: Agay, I guess I have Well agree, Okay, get us, get us, hopeus, give us home.
Speaker 3: It's a little yeah. No, people are waking up. I mean it's critical that this information. It's critical to share it with each other, you know, with your friends and family and neighbors. You need the facts when you go into you know, Thanksgiving and holiday dinners. You need to be able to talk about it convincingly. But also the thing I see just and this isn't really a fact based thing, but I feel it is. You mentioned it earlier. I mean, people I think, like are craving authenticity, whether you know it's whether it's the food you see, the fake meats are sort of flopping with consumers. That's why they need to ban cows because it didn't take off on its own. You see it with like when AI videos get posted. You see this really cool AI video. I guess it looks cool, but and then you think to yourself, well that's actually kind of creepy, whether it's a deep fake type thing or whatever. And you go through the comments. It's just comment after comments saying this is creepy, this is weird, And ultimately I think, you know, go spend some time outside and you know, you'll realize it's a beautiful place.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. All right, there you go some hope, some hope.
Speaker 1: Shamas Router. Control of Arcs is the name of the book. Everyone't go get it. You can tell how well researched it is important information. Seamus, thanks so much for joining us. We appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Lisa.
Speaker 1: I was Seamus Brunner, author of Controllo GARCS really interesting, deeply disturbing stuff. Glad he's doing the research to bring it to light. And for joining the show. I want to thank you guys at home for listening every Monday and Thursday, but you can listen throughout the week. I want to thank John Cassio and my producer for putting the show together.
Speaker 2: Until next time,