Speaker 1: Here at Just Baseball, we have teamed up with betmgm for the twenty twenty three MLB season. We'll be using BETMGM lines to make all of our picks, and we'll have special offers for our listeners each week. If you haven't signed up for betmgm yet, use code just Baseball and you will get up to a one thousand dollars first bet offer on your first wager with BETMGM. Here's how it works. Step number one, download the betmgm app and sign up using bonus code just Baseball. Step number two, deposit at least ten dollars and place your first wager on any game. Step number three, you will receive up to one thousand dollars in bonus bets. If your bet loses, just make sure you use bonus code just Baseball when you sign up. Disclaimer twenty one plus to wager. Visit betmgm dot com for terms and conditions. US promotional offers not available in Washington, DC, Mississippi, Nevada, New York, and Ontario. Gambling problem Call one eight hundred gambler in Colorado, Washington, d C, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming call eight seven seven eight dash hope and why or text hope and why to or six seven three six nine In New York call one eight hundred next step in Arizona, called one eight hundred five two two four seven zero zero. In Kansas and Nevada, called one eight hundred three two seven five zero five zero. In Massachusetts, called one eight hundred. Bets off in Iowa called one eight hundred two seven zero seven one one seven for confidential help. In Michigan, don't forget. If you haven't signed up for bet MGM yet, use bonus coach Just Baseball and get your one thousand dollars first bet offer today.
Speaker 2: As Statia League Crackers bring, we will see you to.
Speaker 3: Tours the corner.
Speaker 4: Welcome flay hang out that'd be top one hundred day on the Just Baseball Show. It is presented by BETTMGM. Use promo code Just Baseball. Start betting with the King of Sports Books today Tuesday, August fifteenth. As you listen to this, why not crack open the top one hundred prospects that arm Lighton had yet another masterclass experience on and really good. It's as detailed a top one hundred as you're gonna find. And can you give me a guestimation of the hours you spent on the update? Dude?
Speaker 3: I remember when we talk about this every time and then I forget, you know, to like actually try to track it. I feel no matter what number I throw out, I'm gonna sound like an asshole way too much. I don't know, we'd have to break down that it's gross. I can promise you it's gross because it's any free time I have, not free time. We went on a road trip, my girlfriend Ellie and I, and you know, it was several different like drives through the Midwest, got to do some minor league stops, got to do some other things. And I mean anytime I wasn't driving, you know, I was hot spotting and doing more write ups and stuff like that. So like, there's been no escaping it. I love it. I obviously take a lot of pride in it. It's definitely I don't think there's anything else I do maybe in this world that I am more proud of at this point. And I don't have kids, I don't have anything, though, like this is it. So No, I put a lot of time into it, and I appreciate it, man, and I'm excited to hear what everybody thinks.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's deep, man. I don't I don't know how I'm supposed to like respond to that. And it's like, wow, this is your pride and joy in your life right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I don't know. It kind of boils back to like the Walker conversation, right It's like, what's the thing that you're good at? And do you obsess over the thing that you're good at? Like I really do feel like this is my this is my thing, and so I unhealthily obsess over it. Thank goodness. There's a way that we can, you know, make it worth our while here by recording an episode on it, by you know, putting it out online and continuing to use it, you know, for so many different things. But yeah, I say that like half joking, but it really is something I enjoy and and it's it's it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: You know. There are a lot of people that are going to say that you're not good at it, right, Like, there are gonna be a lot of comments like.
Speaker 3: This list sucks, you know, it's funny. I always expect more, but I'm sure the bigger it gets, the more hate. I'm sure we'll come in and you know, you ranked one guy twoh so all of the work is now nullified. So looking forward to that, of course.
Speaker 4: Yes, love it all right, So we're gonna we're gonna kind of go through the top one hundred guys that stick out in the back fifty, and then guys that stick out in the top fifty, and then we jump into the top ten. The top ten is is the top ten, So we're going to walk through each of those guys ten to one. But before all that, we do have to address the Wander Franco thing, because this is now impacted baseball, like what's happening on the field. You know. It's one of those things that like I don't have a take on I don't think there's room to have a take on this kind of thing, Like if it's true, it's just fucking gross and and terrible, and like I don't know, there's no room to like have a take. And it's like, here's why I think Wander Franco is like not that shitty. It's like, yeah, obviously, no fucking sucks if this is the case, so uh, it's a really unfortunate situation that a young marketable player in Major League Baseball has done this to themselves on the baseball field. The Rays get more and more screwed, Like this is as cursed a team in the second half as you'll find.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. Yeah, Well, I want to get to that in a second, because like this is I want to almost just kind of like open it up and be honest with like you listening and you Jack, because like we had a conversation before we recorded, like you know, you know, how do we really want to go about this? Like you don't need me or Jack to sit here and tell you that what Wander Franco was, you know, what is alleged is absolutely reprehensible, terrible, and you know, his grounds to never play Major League Baseball again, the grats to go to jail. That's not why we're here. I just told you that the thing I'm best at in life is writing about prospects. Like I'm not gonna be able to provide some sort of special perspective. It's common sense. Where I struggle is, you know, the one thing we can talk about is the baseball side but I also struggle to talk about the baseball side when a young woman's life may be permanently affected, when you know there might be a you know, families affected that it's there's so much more to it than this. But I struggle back and forth with this because part of me wants to just focus on the baseball side, like that's what I do, but it almost makes me feel like I'm being sensitive to the issue. But then again, on the other side, what the hell else can I say about the issue. It's reprehensible, it's terrible. If any of that you know that is alleged is true, it's all horrible. So I really struggle if that makes sense. I'm kind of just like it's kind of just verbal vobiting, just like kind of just putting it all out there. I want to talk about the baseball side. I don't really want to talk about the other side, but I feel insensitive just talking about the baseball side, Like this shit sucks. I hate when we have the crossover of like criminal activity, horrible things and then baseball, because there is still a business side to it, and there is like that's our job is to talk about baseball. So it's just so It puts me in always a very uncomfortable spot because I never really know how to go about it, if that makes sense.
Speaker 4: Right, And we don't like talking about it. I know that there are some people that enjoy like getting on a moral high horse and just striking down the twenty two year old that made a really, really big mistake, and I think it indefensible a stake in wander Franco. And I don't even know if you can call him a stake man, Like it justs sinister, yeah, like he's scum of the earth type shit. Like that's the thing. We hate talking about this because we would so much rather be talking about the four and a half wind player that you know is wander Franco. But that's just not the case, so it's not fun. I think we were waiting for another reputable individual to talk about it, and as soon as the race placed him on the restricted list and Passing came out and said something about it, it was like, Okay, now we got to talk about it because it affects baseball, so he's not he's not on the West coast road trip. Tampa is in San Francisco, and again, like, if this is all true and wander Franco was dating this fourteen year old girl, Like that's so fucked and he should see prison time. It it throws Tampa in a very weird spot where they need to rely on a slavist Basab who just got called up for his big league debut, Curtis Mead who just got called up for his big league debut a couple you know, days ago, a week ago. Like they're relying on a lot of young guys to try and weather the storm for the most decimated pitching rotation that you will find in all of baseball. I mean their I l on the hill right now is Shane Boz, Shane McClanahan, Drew Rasmussen, Jeffrey Springs. That's the best four man rotation in baseball.
Speaker 3: No, one hundred percent. That's that's one of the most dominant rotations we we'll see. I mean, that's that's gross. It's it's really crazy. I it sucks because the Rays are one of those organizations for veteran for worse, it has to be so perfect to win a World Series. That's why we haven't really seen it happen. Because you know, there's a direct correlation to spending and winning like that's always gonna happen. Doesn't mean that you just spend and win, as we see with the Mets, but you know, those are the kind of things that put you over the top. So the Rays have been trying to put themselves over the top, whether that was locking up a Wanderfront to ironic use of term, actually, whether it was securing a long term deal with Wander Franco and or you know, going to get a zach Afflin like they we saw them spending a little bit more here and there. They were, you know, reportedly and one of the best, if not the second best offer for Freddie Freeman. Like they were kind of trying to pick these spots now because I think they finally felt like they had this really good core that wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. And now like a couple of their really young arms go down, even some of the slightly older arms that you felt like were could be a you know, a piece for the next several years, those guys go down. We're talking about second TJ type stuff where you don't even know what you're going to get back, you know. And then of course what's happening with Wander, the Rays aren't a really, really, really tough spot because you got to look at this season. You're still in the playoffs by a good margin. You're still talented, but you're decimated from what you were and you almost have to start thinking about what are the next couple of years even look like, because how do the Rais approach this. They want from a team that was like purposely or perfectly put together to win now and in the future, similar to the Orioles. And I think they're still in a fantastic spot overall if you look at the entire roster. But you know, as we get more clarity on the Wander situation, you look at the pitching. This is gonna be a real test of the cleverness of the Tampa Bay Rays. Obviously we got to wait to find out what the deal is with Wander, but even besides that, their pitching is so beat up. They got a lot of things to sort through, which is really unfortunate given the way this season started for them in the first half.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think what people what's so hard to realize in real time now is we're thinking about Wander Franco not being with the Tampa Bay Rays this year, Like this is career ending stuff, Wander Franco. If this is true, I mean he could be facing prison time and not play Major League baseball again. So it's that level of severe. What do you do when that contract, that extension it would almost definitely be voided. But what do you do for you know that, like, what do you do at the future of the shortstop position? Because Tampa perennially has one of the better farm systems, if not the best farm system in baseball. I think if you looked over the last ten years, Tampa may have the aggregate best farm system in the game. Carson Williams is in Hia right now. Carson Williams is probably a twenty twenty five guy. Is bisab the guy in twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four. I think they're fine. They're obviously nowhere close to where there would be if they had a top five shortstop in the game, And that's what that guy was trending towards becoming, maybe already was. So I would say waiting game, especially when it comes to the starting rotation, Like I think you just play the winning game. You wait to get everybody healthy. You've got glass noow on that mini extension where Glass now is going to be you know there next year. Shane bos will be healthy next year. Hopefully Rasmusten's healthy next year, but you might not have McClanahan. I just don't know if we're ever going to see the perfect product of the Tampa Bay Rays. And this is turning into a what if team which sucks. Do they have the sustainability to compete beyond that? Yes, they do, but if we have to look back and say, damn, those teams were stacked, but they ran into so many issues, one of which a legit prison issue and the other so many injury issues. Like it's just a really hard pill to swallow for the Tampa Bay Rays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know that's again, like that's why you hope that for whatever reason this, you know, they can kind of try to figure things out. And I mean, it's just one of those spots where again they can't just spend their way out of it. So it's gonna be interesting to see what they do. I will say, when you have one of the best players and most valuable assets in baseball potentially disappearing off your roster, like you don't even get to trade him, right, you don't even get to cash that in for more prospects. It's just he just vanishes off your roster. That is really hard to come back from. So I'm sure they're and for many reasons, mostly most importantly that this never happened. So no woman's life, young woman's life was negatively affected. But then on their side, it's just like, where do we go from here if our franchise player has now just been wiped off our roster? So a lot to figure out in Tampa And uh man, I don't even know how the team plays right now. I mean I think about a lot of the teammates there like to wrap up, just like you've watched your some of your main guys go down, which is demoralizing in itself. You watch your ace go down, and then you have this entire turmoil and this whole situation going on. How do they focus on baseball? How do they play baseball right now and focus on a you know, a pennant race. I feel I feel for a lot of those Tampa Bay Rays players.
Speaker 4: I can tell you that dude miserable. I mean, Tampa, You've got Tyler Glassnat throwing in San Francisco tonight so last night, they're in San fran through this week and then where they they're in LA playing the Angels too. So I mean, this is a West Coast road trip where, like I feel like nobody's mind is on baseball, but it is.
Speaker 3: It's such a.
Speaker 4: Hard thing to kind of wrap your head around because it doesn't happen often, and I don't know if we've ever seen it to a player of this magnitude, a player of this magnitude, like I guess Trevor Bauer is the other example of that, Like guy that is bona fide shithead should not throw another inning in Major League baseball. You know, Like, I don't know's it's just such a hard topic to dive into, and I think that's why we didn't want to touch it until we knew for sure that this was something that had serious gravity and possibly you know, career ending gravity. Yep, Yeah, all right, let's talk future, let's talk top one hundred. This is there's no way to transition out of that, but like we're going to transition to something that's really fun, and it is like Christmas morning for a lot of prospect heads because again, you do more in depth work on these guys than I think anybody else in the industry. And it's really fun to get that, you know, up close and personal. Look on how you do this. And I'm going to kind of walk you through the top one hundred and increments of ten and point out a couple of guys that jump out.
Speaker 3: Cool. Yeah, sounds good to me. And of course the link to the article is in the episode description, and yeah, check it out. I'm excited to hear what everybody thinks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is a shocking slider in the top or in the ninety to one hundred range. Kyle Harrison is in the nineties left handed pitching prospect for the San Francisco Giants, and coming into the year, we were talking about Kyle Harrison as the top left handed pitching prospect in all of baseball. It was him and Teetaman. Now, not only have you made your case that Tietaman is well beyond Kyle Harrison, but Kyle Harrison's not even considered a top ninety prospect in the game. I would say what gives, but I feel like I know what gives. He's walking seven and a half guys per nine.
Speaker 3: See, that was just one part of it. If it was just the walks. He's probably middle of the pack. The thing that really put me over the top here. And you know, I'm seeing a lot of other lists I think so far that they haven't really dropped him yet. The stuff is diminished, and I don't know what's up with it. The velocity is still kind of, you know, roughly there, but this guy's lost several injuries of horizontal on his fastball. And that's a guy that it's a three quarters release point. He needs that horizontal on his fastball. It's part of what makes it really good. His slider, his breaking ball is totally different than what it was. He's throwing it harder with less movement and it's resulting in less with and then his change up, which was an asset last year, has been unusable. He's thrown more balls than strikes with his change up this year. So you have command taking a step back, you have stuff taking a step back, and then some little nagging injuries and you know, like he's young, he's got time on his side, and that's why he's still on the top one hundred list, And just about any other pitcher that would have this kind of downturn with command issues walking seven per nine and diminished stuff, they'd be off the list. But that just shows you how talent at Kyle Harrison is. But if you're losing you know, movement on all of your pitches and losing command of all of them, it's kind of hard to to not be incredibly alarmed.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, and note DL Hall isn't on this top one hundred list, Like, I mean, Kyle Harrison's a lot closer to DL Hall than he is Ricky Tiedeman at this point, which is pretty brutal to say. And I think a lot of people are still holding out a lot of hope for Kyle Harrison, understandably, so it feels very Cavali esque, where Kid Cavally, you're just you're waiting for, you know, things to get back to what you fell in love with. I guess Kyle Harrison, like, there's a good chance that things could fall back to what you fell in love with, but it's going to take some serious offseason work very late.
Speaker 2: Ad.
Speaker 4: I know at ninety Dylan Head of the San Diego Padres, Dylan Head was end of the first round pick. And this was a guy that I really liked, like his pre draft, but I had a bunch of bias because he's the Chicago Land area guy that I mean can absolutely freaking fly. But you were really impressed with the swing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, finally had access to some video. I mean, it's hard to get much video on Chicago Land guys if you're not out there in person and seeing them. So you know, we knew about the tools. You know, he's definitely a guy that you know. Of course, when when when the Padres take somebody like that in the first round two, you kind of turn your head because they do such a good job in scouting. But I mean, dude, the swing is really impressive. I was expecting him to be way more like you know, speed over overfield to hit and you know, more of a project swing already plays and he's he's been really comfortable in his at bats. He's walked more than he struck out. And those are popping some some sneaky evs. Right, he's not the biggest dude in the world. He's five nine, buck eighty five. He's already popping one O three's, one O four's, and then we know what he can do, you know with those legs. This is a dynamic prospect that can play a high level of center field. And if the Bats looking like it is right now, this is going to be the next kind of you know, big quick riser in the Padre system, which we seem to see every single year. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, and what I read was like really advanced defensively already CJ. Abrams had a cup of coffee pretty much everywhere, and then he was, you know, fast tracked to the big leagues. If Grisham like continues to not work out, like Dylan Head could be one of those guys that is just fast tracked. And I'm not talking twenty four because he was a high school draft d but I mean twenty twenty five, you start to have that conversation if he flies jumping into the eighties. Now, Argin Namala was a guy that slid a teensy bit to Toronto in this year's first round, and Namala, I think you and I both really enjoyed what convinced you that this high school draftde out of South Florida was a top one hundred guy when he was picked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean being the youngest guy, or one of the youngest guys in the draft. He's seventeen years old, and seeing how advanced that swing is. This was one where it was like, I can't back it with data because you only have so much information on seventeen year old high school guys, seeing how advanced the swing is, seeing how much projection there is in his frame already too in the athleticism. This is me just betting on like this is my old school eye tests scout hat going on here where you know, normally it's mixing the data with the eye test, with you know, all the different things that we can put together here to get a final answer with them all it was just that swing freaking plays and I see projection, Like I think this is going to work out. And this is just a guy I'm very excited about.
Speaker 4: Who's more blocked Michael Bush, who's in the eighties, or Joey Ortiz is a little bit higher in this top one hundred list.
Speaker 3: Dude, I think Joey Ortiz is more blocked, just because of like they have like three dudes that can play shortstop at a high level, and like one of the calling cards of Joey Ortiz, even though he's raking with the o's is you know, the glove. So I think Ortiz is like the most blocked. But Michael Bush kind of blocks himself a little bit by not being able to play much much defense anywhere besides third base.
Speaker 4: This guy hits. Man, It's incredible what he does with a stick.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: In the seventies. Might as well prime people on a slaves pasave because he's going to play a lot for a team. It's going to be in the postseason. Yeah, a Slavist passave is in the high seventies right now. This is a guy that I know u v ideed is one of the more underrated prospects in all of Major League Baseball. He's kind of that utility guy. He can play second, he can play third, he can play short. With Taylor Walls dealing with that oblique thing and the thing we just talked about with Wander Franco, a Slavist passa, Like, what can he do as the shortstop for the Tampa Bay Rays for the next six weeks.
Speaker 3: Look, he's not gonna You're not going to replace Wander Franco, you know, for however long he's out. But the thing is is you can plug someone in there that's not going to hurt you, and I think is going to do everything that you need to be done, and he has a chance to get hot and you know, maybe getting a nice little role here. But the reason why I love Basabe is it's good defense at short, it's great defense at second, it's great defense at third, it's above average speed, and he puts bad on ball consistently. This guy might never make an All Star Game, but he's a top one hundred prospect because I feel so confident that he's a big leaguer and probably an above average one. His numbers are are not as good as I think his ability would indicate, and how he's played this year a lot of bad batted ball luck. I think he, you know, ran into a little bit of a rough stretch and that has really been been swinging it well lately. And then for a guy that you know doesn't offer a ton of like power in games, he hits the ball harder than you think, and I think there is a little bit more room for some some extra pop, a lot of doubles, a lot of triples, sneaks in some homers. I think he's just he's just a kind of player that everybody needs. And I talk about like John Birdie with the Marlins. I think about that, but even like better with the glove, Like that's a really good player that always gets overlooked.
Speaker 4: Not as fast though, right because Bertie is like Bertie can lead major League based.
Speaker 3: On Bertie's Bertie's faster. I think Basave is a better hitter bats of ball wise, Yeah, got.
Speaker 4: You another guy in the seventies, Saddan Rafaela with the Red Sox. He's hammering triple A right now. Can the Red Sox faithful expect to see a tency bit of Saddan Rafaela in September?
Speaker 3: I think so because there's you know, I feel like the Red Sox you know, are waiting for Rafaela to and this is just all just guessing. Yeah, the reason why we haven't seen him yet is like they want him to improve his approach. This guy is one of the most aggressive hitters in the minor leagues. I think it's just gonna have to be one of those things that you put up with, Like he's gonna have some really frustrating stretches, and he's gonna have some stretches where he's the hottest hitter on the planet potentially, Like that's the kind of guy you're getting here. You're getting a guy that's forty percent Chase right, he's gonna swing way too much, but power that defies his frame. I mean, the eggs of velocities are not what you see from a five to eight you know, right handed hitter, and beyond that, elite defender in centerfield, can play impact defense at shortstop, can steal bags, and gets into his power in games because he hits the ball in the air. There's a twenty twenty threat with elite defensive potential, you know, at multiple spots. If his arm was stronger, I'd say elite defensive shortstop, but he could still be a really solid defensive shortstop. That's a really fun player. I just I wish he would improve his approach, but yeah, no, prospects perfect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love this stack. In the sixties, here got Marco Luciano, big leaguer with the Giants, Christian and Carnassian strand big leaguer with the Reds, Luis Baiaz who just got off the complex with an Astros. This is the beauty of the top one hundred man. But Cees, I think people know the low down. He's an amazing hitter with cs A top one hundred guy. Coming into the year. I don't think so he was just missed.
Speaker 3: He just missed.
Speaker 4: But dude, like, it's so impossible to ignore what this guy does offensively, and and the bat, the bat kind of makes this list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's it. I mean, he ain't giving you a much more uh much more value other than that. But you know, when you see what he did this year in triple A, he hit My big concern was how he'd hit velocity. He was getting tied up with hard stuff inside. Really improved in that regard, and at that point, I'm like, all right, and then he starts cutting down on the chase. That was another guy that people kept saying, why haven't we seen Cees yet?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 3: Because he's chasing forty percent of pitches, he's going to get exposed to the big leagues. He cut that down progressively in triple A and then we saw him called up to the big leagues and he's starting to look pretty comfortable up there. And it's special power.
Speaker 4: Luciano. Is he the long term answer at shortstoff for the Giants?
Speaker 3: Ain't that the question? Man? He was one of the hardest guys to rank for me, because there's the prospect fatigue side of it, where it's like, oh, is he ever going to figure this out?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Maybe not, but he's also what just turned twenty two. Yeah, so there's like this, he's missed time with injury. I will say this, his defense has improved a ton, his approach has improved. He's going to strike out like he's just gonna come with it. He's gonna strike out. But if he can walk run to homers and play good defense, I think he is the answer at shortstop until he fails, and I think it's kind of a coin flip if he's going to be able to really hold it down. But if he does, he's gonna be damn good.
Speaker 4: You've got three of the farthest proximity guys away from the big leagues on this list in the sixties in Luis Bayas with the Astros, In Samuel Bissio with the Orioles. Although Bisio is amazing, he might just climb like a rocket ship. Who knows he is a catcher though, And Luis Lara with the Milwaukee Brewers. If you had to collect one guy in the card sphere out of Luis Baie's Luis Lara, Samuel Bissaio, where are you going?
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't so. I don't like catchers when I'm collecting cards for the most part, unless it was Andy Rodriguez that was the one card I collected. Basiah like might be a candidate to move off of catcher. The reason why he's so highly regarded, though, is he has a shot to stick there, huge power from the left side, but he's pretty maxed out physically. There's a little bit more whiff, you know than maybe then you'd expect I'd collect. I'd collect baias. I think because I've been floored by this guy. I mean, he was striking out at the DSL last year. Dominican Summer League goes to the Complex to start this season, looks like a different hitter, making way more contact, not striking out, and then gets the bump up to low A already as a nineteen year old, and he is putting up great numbers there. He's already flashing plus exsit velocities above average you know, bats of ball skills. And this was one of the guys that the the Astros paid up for. He got over a million bucks. I think this guy's going to be really damn good and he's going to be on a lot of top one hundred lists. I think very soon you have cards available.
Speaker 4: Have you checked in on that?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Okay, when he does, where do they got to go?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Alts, we have to go check out als.
Speaker 4: Yes, baseball card market heating up in the second half of the season. Only plays to search for Luis Baias, Luis Lara, Samuel Bissio, whichever of the three you want to choose. Is Alt dot x y z alt dot x y z Alt is the only platform that allows you to search for all the major marketplaces and eBay at once for these individuals. Just download the free Alt app using our link below in the show notes, type of player or their card into the search bar, and all going to give you every graded card available for sale. Even better, save your search. You can get notified every time that card is available. You want Pisio, but it's all scooped up. Go save your search and you'll get a ping whenever Samuel Bisio appears on eBay or the other major marketplaces. You will never use another app for researching and buying baseball cards ever. Again. We hope one stop shopping for baseball coverage. ALT is your one stop shopping for baseball card purchasing. Jumping into the fifties, here Rhett Louder, who was taken to the top ten by the Cincinnati Reds. He was the number two college pitcher off the board. Louder checks in in the high fifties, just ahead or just behind Robbie Snelling, who was a high school draftee by the Padres last year. These are two very intriguing arms. I think Snelling is a power pitcher, was a you know, power five linebacker prospect in football or linebacker recruit, I guess prospector all that. Yeah, linebacker recruit. Snelling is power. Louder, there's a little bit more power in there than you would expect. But I mean, this guy has limbs whipping all over the place. Those two there's such different arms, yet they stack here because they both look like possible future front of the rotation.
Speaker 3: Guys when they both pound the zone with three pitches. You know, and I think that's the most underte thing about Robbie Snelling is high school left You know, you're kind of he's a powerful dude because he was, you know, a linebacker with offers from Bama, Texas name name of power five school. It was a four star. He was a four star linebacker. I mean, that's crazy. But the thing with with the athleticism that you see with somebody like Robbie Snelling is he repeats his delivery so well already for a high school left he's a candidate to probably see a tick up and stuff. It's just so impressed if his feel for a fastball, a curveball that he manipulates already, which that was a really fun watch for me, watching the way that he would manipulate the curveball to make it almost two different pitches at times, and then this change up that's you know, behind the curveball, but already pretty advanced for a high school arm. I thought that was something that just kind of really put him put him forward for me. And then it's low effort with that athleticism. Louder. I mean, dude, just look at the college numbers. But if you look at the college data, people were talking about, oh, the fastball quality, blah blah blah, he's got a four seamer and a sinker. If you are concerned about a guy's fastball quality, if he has two different ways that he can throw that fastball buzz you up at the top at ninety four ninety five. It's not like he throws eighty ninety four to ninety five. And then he also you know, if it's not getting that whiff, if it's not jumping the way that you want it to that day, you've got that sinker as well that can get your ground balls at the bottom of the zone, which he got a lot of ground balls there. And then this is a dude that landed his slider for a strike seventy plus percent of the time, landed his change up for as strike almost seventy percent of the time. He can mix in any of his pitches whenever he wants, whatever he wants, and that's going to make him pretty much a high probability mid rotation arm if he stays healthy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so smelling and louder. They're not safe, like no pitching prospect is safe, but they are reliable. Yeah, relatively, they are reliable. Jacob Mizerowski is the exact opposite of that, the star of the futures game, the right handed pitching prospect with the Milwaukee Brewers. Mizerowski is not somebody you look at and say, yeah, definitely safe. But he is somebody you look at and say, if this guy throws strikes, this is no hitter type shit. Every time he steps on the hill. Like, what kind of arsenal are we looking at? With Misowski?
Speaker 3: I don't even know how to answer that question. Dude, a one of a kind type arsenal, I guess would be the answer. I don't have a descripture for it because it's it's so absurd. You talk about limbs flying everywhere. I mean, this dude's slender man out there. And then you know you got to coming in on you at ninety eight, ninety nine, one hundred. He's touched one oh two. And then this this cutter that he throws in ninety to ninety three. Sometimes it backs up at ninety three, sometimes it cuts to his glove side. Either way it's a nightmare. And then he's got that sweeper in the mid eighties that it's just devastating. It's one of the more ridiculous pitch mixes we've seen from a prospect in a while. The challenge is throwing strikes. He's across his entire arsenal lower than a sixty percent strike rate when he's not going right. You know, guys can hunt fastball, and even if you throw one hundred man when it's at the bottom of the zoning, it'll get hit hard from time to time. So that that's his issue. I think his last outing just like puts it in perspective perfectly. Three and two thirds against the Tennessee Smoke. He's Cubs double a affiliate, two earned runs, three hits, two earned runs, four walks, three hit by pitch nine k's. It's just gonna be one of those roller coasters you got to ride. And I think he would be higher on the list if there wasn't such high reliever risk. Yeah, And you know that's just there's just too much. And I'm thinking about, like what pitching prospects am I am I taking over this guy. There's a few because I I at the end of the day, I don't want to be worried if if the guy that I picked is going to stick in the rotation, and there's guys that I have a lot of confidence will stick in the rotation ahead of him. But just on sheer stuff, this is still one of the best right handed pitching prospects game.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Two of the righty pitching prospects that you would take over him are forty six and forty seven in this through in the mid forties before that, just inside the top fifties. Luisan Hillicunya. Now with the Mets, this is like a real quick question and I don't need you know, much expansion on this answer. With how bad the Mets look right now, and with how good Akunya has been so far in the minor leagues, how soon can we see Luis on Hilicunya in a Mets uniform.
Speaker 3: Well, he's hitting one sixty three since being traded to the Mets, so he's he's actually cooked.
Speaker 4: He is cooked. Is he going to go to Saint Lucy? Is that help? Is?
Speaker 3: Uh? Yeah, No, It's interesting because he's such a good defender, and I think the defense at short is a big calling card there. Of course that doesn't matter, and when you have the defender at short in Francisco Lindor, he's you know, would be one of the best defensive second basement I think in baseball, with with how good he is with the gloves. So I guess it's to pay on where the Mets feel like they're at. And in terms of the rest of the club, but just in a vacuum of when I think he could be ready. I think end of next season. I think end of next season is very possible. So we'll probably start next year at Triple and starting there, you know, we'll see how he does. And he's ahead a schedule, he's young. I think if he performs well on Triple A, he could be up there by the end of next year. But it'd be funny to see him leap frog Ronnie Mauricio, who's just been in Triple forever. They're just never going to bring him up.
Speaker 4: I guess he's been so good in Triple too, Like I don't know why he's not up yet, but I guess that's a conversation for another episode. Although Mauricio is still, you know, a top one hundred prospect. I mean, Mauricio has been really good to this point.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, his ebbs and flows, but you look at the end of the year and it's a good stat line usually for sure.
Speaker 4: All right, mid forties, guys, you've got aj Smith shawfer in Tink hence stacked, and you gave the edge to Tink Hence we had a comsation about Smith Schaffer, and it was, you know, how much do you want to ding him for, you know, getting up there, not sticking there and struggling and triple when this guy was fast tracked out the ass when tin kentce with the Cardinals is you know, I guess kind of been baby before he got to double and now like he's just starting to get stretched out to five innings. Does he have a six in start under his belt yet?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Not that I know of.
Speaker 4: I don't think he has one.
Speaker 3: I have an alarm set. All couldn't notify me of that one. But I do have an alarm set from when he goes six plus, and I don't think I've gotten that. I don't think I've gotten that alert yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So, I guess are you worried about the I don't know lack of information about tink Kents when he gets tired. I'm not sure if he's gotten tired in a start.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest. We will pull back the curtain here, Jack. We're recording this at four pm on August fourteenth. The lists will be live as people are listening to this at you know whatever, eight am on August fifteenth. That's one of those that I was gonna sit down on the couch tonight and just kind of lament over back and forth. So here we are, and I guess this will be the Easter Egg surprise. Which way do we go here? Hence was somebody that I saw more upside with Arsenal wise, but to your point, like we've seen kind of the stuff being consistent, he went, he went eighty pitches. He's finally going eighty pitches, by the way, he's never done that. Now over the last few starts he's finally been allowed to go seventy five eighty pitches. And we saw him eighty pitches sitting ninety six, touching ninety seven ninety eight, and then the next start it's ninety four ninety five, and then he's back up to ninety six ninety seve ninety eight. Then he's back kind of down to ninety four ninety five. So I do have some concerns there. And the craziest part is Smith Chober is actually younger, So I think by the time we actually finalize it, I might put we might put smith Chavra ahead of Hens.
Speaker 4: But smith Shaver has been underwhelming in Triple A and the big leagues and hence while he's dealing with it at a lower level and he's far more protected. He has never been underwhelming.
Speaker 3: Yes, so it's like, do you pit that against him? You know, if we kept Smith's Shaver, if the Braves keep Smith's shav and high aim, then double A and he's putting up video game numbers, which he probably would have. Yeah, then where are we considering him? And that was a really fun conversation you and I had on the call up. And I think that psychology is kind of part of the reason why we had him behind hence, you know, to begin with. But the more I think about it, the more we talk about it. Also doesn't help the Hens. His last outing, he got schal whacked, but try not to look at it out in the outing like that. But he's only made a handful in Double A, and you know, not all of them have been very good. I think you got to give the edge to Smith Shaver for a few reasons, and he'll probably end up being ahead of Hens by the time we hit publish.
Speaker 4: Got you three big leaguers here stacked Emmitt Shean of the Dodgers, Sell Freelick of the Brewers, towards Westburg in the Baltimore Orioles Westburg. I think we are in the wait in C mode because Westburg is another guy that can play a good middle infield that is blocking Joey Ortiz, and Ortiz is right here in that forty to sixty range as well. Shean has really really struggled with the Dodgers so far. Why is Emmitt Sheen still a top forty prospect for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not that worried about it. Pitching's hard, man, and adjusting to the big league. The big leagues is really, really, really hard. And I was looking at some of the starts where he struggled at the big league level, and then you know when he was successful in Double A. And remember there's a guy that went straight from Double to the big leagues. We see that more and more because they don't really want to stick guys in the PCL as much. She Han checks a lot of the boxes that I love in my favorite pitching prospects. Number one being that low vertical release point that you know we talked about with Price Miller Wu He's got that too. For a six foot five guy to have the vertical release point as low as he has it is really impressive. The number one thing that stood out to me was he's just not getting away with what he got away with in the minor leagues, which was in double A. I fall behind in the count. It's two to zero. Now I go to the fastball that is a plus plus pitch, and I blow it by you, and I even the count up. And then I go to one of my changeup or my cutters slider. In the big leagues, I fall behind. Now I go to my fastball, and even though it's a really damn good one, they get on top of it and they crush it. And that's kind of been where he's at. I've seen the trend of him commanding the secondaries a little bit better. I think that's pretty much all he needs is. It's not bad. It's not like it's inconsistent enough where I'm incredibly concerned. It's just not big league consistently good yet. So I think it's really just about the secondary command. But I look at the low vertical release point, the carry on the fastball at ninety six to ninety seven, and then the fact that he has better secondaries than Bryce Miller. He has better secondaries than Brian Will. I think his secondaries have more potential than Joe Ryan, and so you look at those, you look at that again. The command is the big part, though, if you're a fastball heavy guy. He threw his fastball sixty five percent of the time. All those guys I just mentioned throw their fastball sixty percent of the time. The difference is they spot their fastball. She Hen is not spotting it just yet. But she Han has better secondaries. So either he needs to see a jump in the command of the fastball or improve his feel for his secondaries. I like that he has two different paths here, both of which I think are very possible. And if he does both, he could end up being a guy that we look back on and say he was actually one of the best pitching prospects period. So I'm a believer in she Han, and I think he's going to figure it out.
Speaker 4: If you were to buy stock in one Dodger arm moving forward, and I'll give you Shean, I'll give you Bobby Miller, I'll give you Gavin Stone, who is on this top one hundred list, and I'll give you everybody else, frosso her Knack, whatever you want to do. Yeah, where are you putting your chips?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Miller, Miller first, because that guy's just figured it out. Sheehan not as far behind as people would think. And then Stone's kind of like another step below. But I also like what I've seen from Stone. This's another guy that Okay, I dominated dudes with my change up and was able to just kind of ride that to success big leaguers. Starts spitting on that a little bit. I need another pitch. He adjusted the slider. He's throwing a hard cutter now at eighty nine ninety and he's had a lot of successive late now in Triple A, and I think he's gonna come back and make an impact that I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right. MLB Pipeline has this guy at eleven, Baseball America has this guy at sixteen. You have this guy in the mid thirties. Where is your concern with Red Sox shortstop Marcelo Meyer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's there's a few things. There's a few things. I like Marcello Meyer a lot. Will I will say that I think he has a chance to be a very good baseball player. I also think there's a lot of draft bias. Always is a guy that's drafted high. That looks the part. We tend to shove him up lists. Meyer's put up good numbers at the lower levels, but I see some some definite issues with the with the swing. He is a really pronounced barrel tip, and you'll see when he load it's like it is a really and it's a hand pump. So it's like down, up, down, and he's gotta he's got to get it back down to get flat and enter the you know, the hitting zone doesn't and this allowed to I think that's a Mark Biento's thing too, where he's he used to and then he really quieted it down. Meyer will tip the barrel to the point where it's like pointing straight up in the sky. Yeah. So and when you're down, up, down, you know, it's hard to get back to the right spot. And he's just been getting blown up and it throws off your timing. And you know, when you start getting hard stuff in on you, then you start cheating earlier. When you start cheating earlier, then you start making decisions earlier. When you make decisions earlier, the decisions tend to be wrong. So when you look at Marcella Meyer's last thirty games, in double A, he's sitting one seventy one against four seam fastballs, and how is that kind of trickled down to everything else? Chase rates jumped up to thirty six percent because he doesn't trust his ability to turn around velo and then now you're you're taking bad swings of breaking balls and you're just caught in between. So I see a guy right now where like it's just gonna be I think it's just gonna be a tough finish to the year in double A because it's just not one of those things that you're gonna be able to change overnight. And then he's gonna have to go to the drawing board a little bit, I think in the offseason and make some adjustments. The good news is he has long levers, which I think is part of the problem too of being quick to the ball. His long levers, he generates easy power. The swing is very smooth when it finally does get going through the zone, and there's a lot to like. I mean, it's all fields leverage that he's able to create. But right now he's just he's struggling to get to velocity and he's catching himself in between, and you know, that's just too much risk for me right now to have him as high as some of the other guys that we're talking. But I think if you look at the players that they have him ranked ahead of you mentioned the other two lists, I I feel like they almost if you passed them on the spot, Hey, would you take Meyer over this guy, this guy, this guy, and this guy that they have ranked behind behind them. I don't know if they'd say yes. I think it's almost like this you have to throw Marcelo Meyer in the top twenty kind of thing because he's a name, and he was a top pick and he's in a you know, major organization.
Speaker 4: I hope people don't hate they like how much we're bouncing around right now. But that's what the top one hundred list is, man, Like we're going big leaguer to complex guy to recently drafted guy to you know, top ten pick that he is like underwhelming by some standards, but you know, like it's this is the beauty of the top one hundred, and this is the beauty of the best prospects in baseball. Like you just get every type of flavor when you go.
Speaker 3: To the iceboat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this is a blast for us, give me the elevator pitch on Owen Casey, the Cubs outfield prospect that is number thirty in all of baseball. You are the high man on Casey, and I guarantee that.
Speaker 3: Oh, we have been for a minute. We have been for a minute of just baseball. I think we had him on top one hundred list before anybody else did, and then we had him higher on top one hundred list, and I think he's still not even on a lot of top one hundred lists. But Casey, man, you look at the exit velosoitise. People talk about the whiff, there's whift there for sure. I mean, he's six foot five, left handed hitting, power hitter who was in the Southern League, which is that experimental pre tact baseball league that he had to deal with as one of the younger players his age twenty season in that level and still is leading the league in home runs and just pulverizing baseballs if you look. Since they stopped using those pre tact baseballs, Owen casey strikeout rate has dropped twenty five percent and his walk rates up to fourteen percent. The big selling point for him is the fact that he's produced at every level, despite being one of the younger players at that level, and the power is some of the best in the minor leagues. I don't think people realize that his average exit velocity is on I think would be tied with Raphael Devers for the fourteenth best in Major League Baseball if I'm not mistaken, And his ninetieth percentilex of velocity of one hundred and ten miles an hour would also be among the ten best in Major League Baseball. And this is six or four kid who still has plenty of room to maybe even add even more muscle cannon from the corner outfield, He's cut down the chase. If he strikes out twenty five to thirty percent of the time, I don't know if I care, because he can actually hit forty home runs, and I don't know how many guys on this list can actually hit forty home runs, but he's one of them.
Speaker 4: No, I'd say him, would who else forty?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Might be him?
Speaker 3: And would yeah, like maybe maybe Wyatt Langford?
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe yeah, Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Tomy Narrow if he lifts the ball more, but like that's not really his game.
Speaker 4: One more guy that I want to talk to. I want to, you know, kind of get your pitch on before I get one sentence on each of the top ten prospects in baseball one sentence, it's gonna be give me your ten second pitch on each of these guys. Who is Roman Anthony or the Boston Red Sox and why is her top twenty five prospect in baseball?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Roman Anthony's fun man, and it's cool to see him kind of overtake the top prospect spot in the Red Sox system. Marjorie Stoneman Douglas draft pick so same place as Kobe Mayo, same place as Jesus Wizardo, same place as Anthony Rizzo and others. That's not why he's ranked high, but it is also a reason why he was able to hit the ground running so well in professional baseball. This guy's got staying power in center field. He's a left handed hitter with plus power potential, and I think he can develop into an average or better hitter. We're seeing him put up big numbers in High A. And what I love from the video that I've seen, I mean, it's all fields. They've got that Green Monster replica in Greenville and he is just wearing it out, man. I think he's already hit six or seven home runs in his twenty games there the other way, and it's just something I know he's gonna be able to do at the big league level. He's just gonna slap it the other way and sneak it over the monster sometimes or crush it over the monster. The pollside power is immense. He's an above average runner, the approach is fantastic. He chases less than twenty percent of the time. So for me, I see monster offensive potential. He's still nineteen years old, he's putting up big numbers in High A already. He could be a really special talent, and with the chance to stick in center field, you can make a case that he's kind of one of the next candidates to be one of the you know, the next wave of top five six prospects in baseball when we get you know, the wave ahead of him graduating. Yeah, I was checking here.
Speaker 4: I feel like each ballpark in the Red Sox organization has some form of like a green Monster. I know they have it a Jet Blue, which is where their Low A team plays. They've got it in High A in Greenville. I think in Double A they do have one. They've got that tall wall in left in Portland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in Portland. Salem doesn't have it.
Speaker 4: Though Salem doesn't have it, you're right, Oh, I guess they're Lowa isn't at the complex. Good point. And then the Worcester wall. I think it's in right field. I think there's a tall wall in right instead of left. So you need some sort of gimmick and they have it. Yeah, all right, one sentence on each of the top ten guys. I know that's really hard, but like we're gonna do it. Man, We're up against the hour and we're gonna try it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: The Rockies have a top ten prospect in baseball in aut Al Amador. Give me the load down on Amador.
Speaker 3: Best bats of ball in the minor league.
Speaker 4: Switch hitter, cool Pete Crow Armstrong in the Chicago Cubs is the number nine prospect in baseball.
Speaker 3: Best defensive outfielder in the minor leagues. Michael Harris, starter.
Speaker 4: Kit, Holy superlatives we got going on. James Wood of the Washington Nationals is number eight. What's the word, six.
Speaker 3: Foot seven center fielder who can hit thirty five forty pumps?
Speaker 4: Okay, number seven Jackson Merrill, shortstop of the San Diego Padres. This guy has climbed a double A in the blink of an eye.
Speaker 3: Five tool potential with a field to hit that you don't see from a six foot three kid.
Speaker 4: Really, let's hang on that five tool like you think he's fast enough for that.
Speaker 3: I think people really sleep on the speed. I think they do. Like he can he can run even if he saw us down a little bit. I still think that there's a lot of a lot of simply like close enough call four and a half tools left handed hitting short stop, I'll take it.
Speaker 4: Got you? Number six, Livy Dunn's boyfriend, right handed pitcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Speaker 3: Is that confirmed? I think so?
Speaker 4: Did the New York Post confirm it?
Speaker 3: Hey Jesus Christ, good for him? I mean upper nineties where you want it, wipe out slider. This guy won't be in the minors long.
Speaker 4: His name is Paul Skeins. By the way, Oh yeah, they're really good at LSU. But he's also Livy Dunn's boyfriend. Number five, Livy Dunn's boyfriend's college teammate, is with the Washington Nationals now Dylan Cruz.
Speaker 3: I mean elite approach, good field, to hit above average. It's just everything is above average or better.
Speaker 4: These guys were constantly stacked until right now Marcelo Meyers at thirty four. Jordan Lawler, shortstop of the Arizona Diamondbacks is at four. What separated him?
Speaker 3: How happy? Are you?
Speaker 4: Very? Very very?
Speaker 3: That is a common Jack mcmowan w He's always liked Hour more than Meyer, and I out of the gate liked Meyer more. But to stick to the one tendance thing. Freak athlete, unbelievably advanced field, to hit for what I thought he would be powers developing good Okay.
Speaker 4: Jack Centorio, outfielder with the Milwaukee Brewers, let me just walk you through, Like last thirty days, I think he's hitting three eighty and has almost as many extra base hits as he does strikeouts. As a nineteen year old in Double A, he was dealing with that tack baseball, and now he is on.
Speaker 3: Fire, unteachable bat speed, framed, defying power flies on the bases. It's just special talent. Okay.
Speaker 4: The Rays have a guy that has pushed his ETA maybe three years this year in Junior Caminero, who's a third baseman in the Rays.
Speaker 3: System can fuck the one and sentencing for set.
Speaker 4: That's fine, that's fine.
Speaker 3: He hit three home runs yesterday or the day before, and the third home run went four hundred and seventy two feet. It was a doubleheader where he went five for eight with three homers and seven RBI and a four hundred and seventy two foot home run. So just start with that. Yeah, I would say, O leite exit velocities, a sneaky good feel to hit. And I don't even think he's done developing.
Speaker 4: Did he go off the top one hundred to two.
Speaker 3: No, we had him. We had him at ninety eighty eight ish and we were like the high guys on him going into the year preseason eighty eight ninety range.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you if Cam and Narrow before we get to number one, Junior Camy Narrow. Baseball Reference does a great job kind of like compressing everybody.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know, did My dying wish will be to have just baseball in there as well, where they show everybody's you know, prospectus number fifty six, Baseball America number seventy two for each player, Like my dying wish will be just baseball number two.
Speaker 4: I don't think that has to be your dying wish. We'll sends to me and let's see if we can get it time.
Speaker 3: I told you, bro, this shit is all I have.
Speaker 4: Okay for now, you've girlfriend flexed like several times in the last month, so hey, who's several times? Several times? The only other outlet to have him in the top one hundred was Baseball Perspectives. They had him at ninety nine heading into this yeah, pipeline over the high top one hundred. Baseball America did not have him the top one hundred. We were the high guys on Junior Camin Arrowland. Now he's the number two prospect in all of baseball and number one. Jackson Holiday, the short stop with the Baltimore Orioles, the consensus top prospect in baseball.
Speaker 3: This dude, did you see the video of his brother? Now too, there's another one.
Speaker 4: Ye who looks exactly the same, Like, come on, man, he's a twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, Matt Holliday. Each shocker knows how to teach his kids how to play baseball. But I think Matt Holliday might be like one of those really level headed, healthy dads because the way that they play the game too. Specifically Jackson, you can I just I'm purely guessing, but they don't play the game like they had, like that helicopter drill sergeant former Big leaguer dad over them like. It's a very laid back. And you see Matt Holliday, he just seems like such a laid back guy. I saw him. I forget what game we were at, but I saw him out there too, and he just watching Jackson just seem super laid back and chill. But anyways, his ability to just flat out hit is remarkable. At nineteen years old, to jump straight out of high school and not only perform, but perform against low A HIA and now double A pitching. He's not even done. He's not even close to what he can be as a baseball player. It's not even close. He has so much more power to tap into his lower half. He pulls off the ball a little bit still, he leaks out with his front hip, but his hands are so damn good that when he leaks out he will still shoot it the other way for a hit, or pull it, you know, through through the right side for a base hit. Like this guy's swing is not even a finished product and he's hitting what is it three eighty this year now, like three forty two now, I think across every level, Yeah, three eighty in double. There's been some batted ball luck in double. I don't care. Like it's just a ridiculous feel to hit and a ridiculously good approach to be doing what he's doing and only chasing nineteen percent of the time. And you know, since he's gone a double, I think the zone contacts at like eighty eight percent, which is insane. When he starts tapping into above average power because right now it's really been closer to average power. This guy is gonna be one of the I think it's upside MVP candidate. Really it's it's think Gunner Henderson type but maybe a little bit less power and more hit.
Speaker 4: That's scary as hell, Like, sure, man, I'll take it. Jackson Holiday nineteen games, has thirty hits in Double A as a nineteen year old. This guy fourteen games in Low A, fifty seven in High A nineteen and double in ninety total, he's slashing three forty two, four sixty one, five thirty seven. That's a nine to ninety eight ops.
Speaker 3: His three five hit games already. He has two four hit games already, and he has won two three, four, five, five three hit games already. Multi hit games if I count them all will go to two hours. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Damn man, just kind of wrapping up on holiday. Like, I think the point you make is awesome, and the holidays are borderline like entering royal family in baseball category. Riffy's are there too, But I mean what it's it's Matt's brother, that's the head coach at Oklahoma State. Tom is the dad. Tom was the head coach at Chatham for a good bit. Yeah, I think he just finished up earlier this year. But like, man, if Jackson works out and the younger holiday that I think is a twenty five or twenty six works out, I mean the holidays we could be talking about is like one of the all time baseball families and they get better kind of generation by generation, which is so cool. But yeah, like just watching Jackson play baseball, it almost feels like Matt didn't tell Jackson he needed to play baseball. Jackson was like, daddy has a cool job. I want to do that too, Yeah, And that's the way he plays the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's sick at it. So it's really it's really cool. And if he grows to be like the physical, he's not going to be as tall, but I mean if he fills out the way his dad was, I mean this, this is an MVP candidate.
Speaker 4: He also has an adult body with a twelve year old face, Like everybody wants to make count of his ten twelve year old face. Like he's got like a nineteen year old like advanced, he's got a twenty five year old's body.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, and that's why he's succeeding against twenty five year olds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, big time. All right, So that is your little survey run down at the top one hundred. Obviously, there are about eighty names that we didn't mention, So go to just Baseball dot com and read the Masterclass of arm late and you have one more thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be doing you know, I figure a lot of people listen in the morning or maybe you know, during their lunch or whatever it may be. You might even be driving home. We are going to do a Twitter space on Tuesday the fifteenth, So as you're listening to this, I believe it'll be right around six o'clock where I'll be answering kind of as many questions as we can on the top one hundred list. We might start it a little bit earlier if that means that Jack can hop in for a little bit before his broadcast. The original plan was to do it on Monday, on Jack's off day, but of course I had, you know, to put in a little bit more work into this thing. But yeah, we're going to do a Twitter space, so keep an eye out for that. Follow us on Twitter to get a heads out if we're doing it around five six pm. I'm excited just to answer any questions and you know, just just kind of talk talk Top one hundred and talk prospects. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, so again, kick ass job. You don't need to hear it from me, but I am. I don't know, I guess your biggest critics. So whenever I can tap you on the back, I will do so.
Speaker 3: All right, looking forward to that day when it comes.
Speaker 4: I'm doing it right now, can you not know?
Speaker 3: Well? Thanks you are. No, I couldn't tell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not used to it. Good job, thank you, I'm proud of you. All right, every link you need is in the show notes. We will link the top one hundred prospects in the show notes as well. So if you're listening to this podcast and you want to just go click on it and read the whole damn thing, it is The Odyssey by Homer Dash arm lighton. Yeah, that's that an arm and Peter will talk to you guys tomorrow