Speaker 1: Yeah, you got that's p ship. That's peep little, that's peak, that was pe spinish, it's pop. Listen to Lord or this belly. We listened to you talking about me? Don't you how you doing? Look you trying to You're trying to talk about me, right, you trying to talk about me? Huh? You a motherfucker. I'm talking about what you talking about me? With this love ship or this ain't no love sh this is you don't know what I'm playing. I want to be what I'm working with this though fred Friend's out Spanish constantly edged. Understand he's hit a composed all Spanish music, whether it's Dominican, Cuban, Colombian. This is belly. This is what you have your coffee in the morning. You turn this song in the morning, and this is how you start the morning at four five, say it's twelve o'clock. Now he's keeping it going, keeping it going. He gonna do everything. Let me get somebody like warning shit, you know what I'm saying. You'll go to bed early only to start earlier. I know you man for Solder, You'll wake up some work, You'll get the cracking, you'll start cracking it for right right, So what you're shaking your head? What's the note? Fuck? I ain't saying. I ain't ask you, I'm telling you you damn do I need some ice? We're the ice out over there? Heart now, ain't hot shit? What this deal? I need some ice? This with this dude? I stop? This is the same lord I'm trying to get y'all right, Are you motherfuckers out here who need some smoothing out? Man? Get you some belly, man, get some nice some nice Spanish music man to smooth your morning's out. And if you got an ocean or something, just even make it better. Man, straight up, man, just right here, just to keep everything put push something to see your life? You too e you practice? You too much by yourself. You know what I'm saying. Get you a rebounder, man. Get you somebody that's gonna rebound for you know what I'm saying. Man, God damn, what y'all think is over? Man? You you see what I got on right? See these shorts? Why you know what type of shorts theeds are?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I saw that. This is when you getting ready to hell? You hear me? When you know Saturday to Where are you going? Man? When you think where we're going three parade first, you're gonna say the parade you know I'm talking about. Okay, see this is the attire, okay, se when Indiana, well they warn that this one. They know the parade Saturday, this one they dances that quick today. The game oh ship man, I don't know what you wait one and that one game Saturn Sunday. No game seven, man, Yeah, it's gonna be a game seven, No game seven man? Who referenced? Like, man, let's get it, man, fuck all that right, let's get it to it. You know what time it is? Yes? Certain fast, certain certified, certain certain certain certain certain. It's a green summer. Yeah, we built different. You ain't watching the games like I'm watching it again. You'm outside, We're alive. It's fluid. That's when you stop the production that we go back and we want who referenced? Don't matter, Mark Davis, Zach Scott, Poup Foster, what you need? You're good, yes, sir, you're good? Good? All right? Yeah, man, let's get it. Crockett is good. It's big, it's you know what I'm saying. This vacation time. Hey, you know when you had the last day of school, it said, and just everybody getting the year, but everybody getting a yearbook signed right now, and everybody getting yearbooks numbers numbers for the summer. The worst man, right, you sign always I can find my year. But I got all that ship. That ship made me. Yeah really, I see you in the league. Catch me in the league. I was writing at my senior year you were, Yeah, Well.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you obviously. Game six Thursday, Game Game five Indiana tough go HALLI Burton cap strained, hurt, doesn't score a field goal. They have over twenty turnovers in the game. Just kind of the thoughts of game five and Jubbs perform.
Speaker 1: What was your thoughts on Game five? Can they'll play beat in that peak? Seems that they showed his chart every game he's played, he's gotten better, not significant note, yeah, you play.
Speaker 2: Better than forty twenty six in the series.
Speaker 1: First of all, they not doing nothing to make him uncomfortable. They made no adjustments. I saw no adjustments. You see how they playing the pick and roll? I would actually, can we trapp it one time? Kee me trapping? Can we just do something this going over the pick and roll at half court? You have you have to though at half court, you have to you know why the big man ain't help him. He ain't. But listen to me, why do I have to go over them? So he was mentality, if you go over the if you go under the pick, this is what he's doing, playing behind it. He played not even that, but he's you know, the Lord, the pick goes the harder to guard the pick. This is what the world does know, the Lord. You get the pick and roll. Specially if you get at the free throw line. Now the guard can come off. He can hit the footeenth foot of or you can throw back or at the drawing kick here you got p or somebody right here right. So when he when he coming down, they picking him up early because when you sit back pe, he taking the three go ahead, He hitting that ship pe, he hitting that man. He hitting the med He and the three man h not in this Smith? What's the other kid? We love the word nom heart, what's the out? The word the braze? You're playing hardest? Hell? Yeah? Sorry? Nie Smith was on him like line the line. He gave a simple in and out and took the three in bro Bro, you got the trap. This man got a trap, got a trapping. I guess what for five games, you gave him the same dose of the same Listen, good players, man, figure it out, man, I'm gonna figure it out game two. I'm gonna see what you by game two, I already know how I'm gonna come over the pig. I already I'm gonna go baseline. I already know i'm'a fake more come, I'm already knowing. So Shaye is like, you know what he ain't doing too. He ain't antagonizing nothing, he ain't giving nothing, no ex he you know he he gave him some a calm down, but it ain't nothing to make you more over zealous. Nim hard is playing the hardest and the best defense you can play on somebody like this, bro, And this is great a defense. Anybody else would have been rattled in this Bro has kept a constant constant, like a constant breath, just to be able to score. Get out. He understanding double teams. You gotta change it up with him, man, And they haven't changed it up. And I'm surprised we can't change. First of all, this is the MVP of the league. Stop giving him the same look. He's gonna like you said, let's trap him, let's play some song. Let's not pick up full court. Let's pick up full court like change like make him think. He ain't even thinking out there. He just like, Oh, it's just one okay, just what you giving me? All right? I got this all day? And didn't you have the free throw line taking two three dribbles? I'm like, oh what are y'all doing? No, man, you better run off lou Dordon trap that ever. But Lou dork is lit too. Go ahead, You're gonna have to make ten of these tonight because I know he can give me thirty every night. I don't know if you give me ten threes every night? You feel what I'm saying? And why? I like, what was so frustrated watching the game and see no adjustment made. It was almost watching like like it's like you Rick Carlisles being stubborn. He's like he's taking the TIBs right now, he's being stubborn, Like I know this's worked for you all year, but this is this is something else that you're gonna have to adjust to. So you know them old coaches, Well, the first thing the old coaches say to you is do it harder. Faster. What got us here?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 1: What got us here?
Speaker 2: Na?
Speaker 1: But this is something else. You gotta be playing against the best team in the league sixteen wins and the MVP and the best player, right, and we ain't mean no adjustments to him to adjust right. Yeah, So that's why that's like damn, because Indiana is actually playing well enough to win. They are with the man now, they're playing well enough to win. And I think is the best player. I think. I think Halliburton is a game changer when he's when he's doing Halliburton Ship. Yeah, he affects it. But I don't by far think that he's their best player. I think he's clutched. He's been clutched, but has been the constant going this whole thing. Maclamore, name, Mauri ben Math excuse me. He's come off and been given some energy. But what we always say, Pete, the thing I judging everybody off of is the consistency. Can J Dob come back and give me another thirty plus game or a high twenty five game after dropping forty? You talk about superstars. To me, if you're a real superstar in this league, then you're consistent. That's that's my definition of a superstar, superstar. You don't got to say nothing. You know that month, you know when Yanni's hit the building, you know what time it is. You know when Shaq hit the building. You know what time. You know when p hit the tunnel. Cob all these month les hit that. You know what it is? Bro real shit. So this, this is what's telling me Shay has slid into and has put on the whole superstar outfit and zipped it up. It's onning. He's in it. He's in the club. He doing Jordan, Cole, Haquem, he on that list right now. So yeah, that that's that.
Speaker 2: That that I want to bring up is SGA joints, Jordan, Haquem and Kobe Is the only players score thirty plus more tea.
Speaker 1: Guess what that says?
Speaker 2: In one run, one playoff run, Yes, the team games.
Speaker 1: That's what that's. That's what that says. Nobody has adjusted, Nobody's trapped this listen, man, go back and look at Mike Man. The Pistons was trapping Mike. Mike had to learn to split get hit. That's another thing. Ain't nobody gave shayt no hard foul. Ain't ain't nothing changed, bro, Bro, the league too good, players, too good for you to just keep giving them a dose of the same ship. You know what I'm saying, players are too good, too creative. And then he on the squad with a bunch of demons. Man, all of them. Man, listen, Louke Dork is up case so lit you got my man coming off the Beggins Wig Wiggins. He coming in here thinking it's suite mad coming this his own, bro, And it's hard to turn confidence off. So now you won in Indiana and you smell blood, and you know what, we gotta play one great game in Indiana and nothing else matters. And then we don't win that, we come back to the like, lord, it's over. They walking into Indiana, like walking into Indiana. Look look, oh wait, the trophy's here somewhere. Bully energy. This ropes over there, it's bully energy. The commissioner here. You start seeing the yellow tank. You see the commissioner at the game. Yeah, you see the he's sitting there, fifty yard line commissioner here today. Man, you know what that means he might have to raise that. You see all the owners in here, all the owners here on the plane. Man, they from the party in d Man, they already rented out. Now the party and then ship. Now the party. Man, you tripping. You think we're going to any to what you think we're going to any just to play a game?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: You fucking mad? You tripped. And that's the first. This is our first one man, the whole champagne on them. Boy. Boy, they got the truck what they called the moe ed truck. Boy, they got the Seawan dandee. You're gonna see that. That's when you get excited. Boy, you see that Sean don Trump. Hey, if I'm d these hallways and about to smell like no champagne the night, listen, just over your heads. These hallways ain't about the bigger than you, big fellow. It's bigger than you, big man. Put them shirts away, just them shirts, and big fellow, with them shirts and Hats's gonna be a long ride night, big fellas. You put them shirts, take the long way home and half away. Open them boxes, send them boxes back to Okay. See, because that's a no hat. That's a championship shirt, I smell. Send them boxes back to Okay. That the trophy, Yeah, that's trophy you smell. Oh, listen, bro listen, put them ropes down. Put the ropes down. Excuse me, shirky, you get off the edge. I need to get this yellow tape right here. Excuse me, sir, security, We don't know, they're not gonna we're not gonna need that security, sir boy, this f put that stage. Put that stage. I wouldn't be back in the storage. I wouldn't be surprised if that stage back in the storage. National Army, y'all, you're gonna have to build the stage on this floor tonight. Put that back in storage. No, no, not tonight.
Speaker 2: So doing that one way or another, one of you guys is going to be right. Ticket you had you.
Speaker 1: Either way ain't gonna pay. But yeah, you know, yeah, you smiling like it's all cool. Disrespecting man. There's a bus off peak. Get your orange and blue ready, right, you get your orange and blue ready and go get that Smurf blue so we know that you really okay, see you feel me, get your okay see ready, okay, see ready, go get the blue window. Not that I'm not the fab about figure Smurf Blue.
Speaker 2: One thing I want to ask you about a couple of weeks ago, we spoke about the importance of Game four and how we feel like Game four super the Pacers up late in the third quarter, it looked like they were gonna go up three to one. Fast forward to today. Now they're down three to two, no matter of two games and just kind of what's that like from a player's perspective of you're already kind of thinking ahead of like, hey, we might be up three to one and now they're down three.
Speaker 1: We got to let that go. We can't if we if we play, we come into game six with that mentality we lost already. What I'm saying is, look, fella, if I'm in the locker room, I'm like, look, man, we listen. We smoked Game four. You know why we smoked games in Indiana said this is what I'm saying. We smoked Game four. Y'all. Y'all know that, right. We better than them. We better than them. We smoked Game five, looquing. We turned the ball over twenty two times. That's preseason shit. We should have were one of the best teams to take care of the ball. We we literally gave them Game four and we gave them Game five. We played well enough to win. We outshot them percentage wise. We out rebounded them. The only thing we kept up on the free throwss. The only thing we did wrong was turn the ball over and halliburt and he didn't play well. If we turned the ball over thirteen times, we win because we outshot him, well, rebounded him. We did everything defensively played. They surely shot forty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, she got thirty off turnovers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but thirty two points. We cut that in half. Let's gi him fifteen points off turnovers. We win, Like what we we shooting ourselves in the foot? He come on, man, be better than them? Straight up? What they doing? What they doing. They're being consistent, they're plying pressure. And every motherfucker that's on the floor is a two way player. That means he has the ability to give you some work, hit you I and then get it and getting right up on your ass in ninety four and turn you and then guess what the guy coming in for him he doing the same shit. He can hit a three, he can put you in the bag. And then he turned around. Lord, this is the deepest two way fucking team I've ever seen. Case So Isaiah, Joe fucking uh, what's my boy name? Caruso. Bro, it's a buzzsaw. Bro. They got the smurf blue buzzsaal going bro, maw bro, you're talking about what they do. What they do is you lock into their best player and then they second player is activated. What you don't know is that seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven can also smoke your ass too, and they live. So when you sit him back, then oh that's case. I ain't gonna get three ball boom he up, Okay, come back down, you get a turn Okay, I'm chilling in the corner boat. That's why, Lord, you can't lock into this team. You have to take the head, chop the head off, and hope these other parts just get the moving. They have not stopped their head. They have not been in confidence, and no point is okay see feeling like man, they're not uncomfortable, That's what I'm saying, Pete. So, yeah, you know what, y'all did have twenty something. Yeah, yeah, we did turn it over and have thirty two points off those turnovers. Guess what, y'all fucking up? Two we fucking up. But the difference is that effort. You get a second and third effort from these motherfuckers. Pete. Somebody got to hit the floor. Get the flu Bro, you gotta meet the level right and you can't have a nim Hart and you can't have a siakam when they going to a fourteen seconds on mind? Fuck no, it's like man, they dribbled, man tompling, Obi toppling first game, was looking at the three, he was spotting up, he was squaring up. Bro, he's been playing fucking a figure eight. Catching the ball, dribble hand off. I ain't got nothing, slip go to the corner another lord, ain't nobody looking at the basket right, Bro? With Shane come down, I'm activating as soon as I come across half. That's why he got to meet him at half court. Then guess what if I hand min it Caruso? They looking for the court or nothing? Come out, get back to the head. Lord. I'm just watching the consistency on how they are just just just it's it's just a it's there, it's a liver punch and then it's back and go. Another body punches. Lord, they ain't covering up, backing up through a kick. Ain't they ain't back these niggas up for nothing? No hard files being shippy. I love that, like this is what got you there, but this is this is is you gotta change up? We're saying that, We're saying. I'm just saying you gotta meet the level two though. Pe Okay, see this smells blood, and that's what I'm saying. It's gonna Listen, this game. The first five minutes is gonna tell me everything. And the last five minutes. Lord, the game one was one in the last two minutes of it. You hear me, And I don't know if Indiana has that type of fight in them. We're gonna see them home. Everybody's here, your loved ones in the stands the season Listen. Do you really want a celebration out here? Do you really want things clean here? Sir? To bring me? That's really what it comes down to. I'm trying to say, who was in the locker room for Indiana giving on that. Jim Jones, James Jones, Jane Man, jans Man. Are you serious? I'm just James Jones over there, got everybody on karate Kid. Damn you signed you not man? You hear me, Man Brod. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a hard if it's a couple of hard files. Game six, I'm expecting the Pacers to go out on their shield. If the Pacers gonna lose, I think, man, it's gonna be some It's gonna be some ship. I don't think they're just gonna go like, Okay, cool man, hey man, good shit. Nah No, it's listen. They was chippy with Milwaukee. They was chippy with fucking Cleveland. They was chippy with you know, they weren't that chippy with Bee, but they were shipping in them first. You know what I'm saying. There was a lot of chippiness in the Milwaukee series. You remember that Milwaukee steris man faces gotta come out and fight like dolls. Just just all it is, or it's over because because okayc is confident and the bus allays going and they smell blood. You need one more game? Yeah, get the shorts up, get you know what I'm saying, get it ready.
Speaker 2: Speaking of chippiness, I don't know if you saw Tuesday night the Indiana Fever Connecticut Sun game with with Kaylen Clark saw that what yeah, she was they were they were you know, like I raked by a person that she's gone head to head with throughout college and high school. They grew up together. This lady named Jayce Shelton and then a player named Maybury kind of checked her, knocked her down. They didn't eject her and the game. What game was this versus Connecticut Son?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, okay, I missed out.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, and right, Kaitlyn Clark has a good game. They win the game. Late in the game, the girl that raked that uh at Caitlyn's face was driving down the floor. Player Sophie Cunningham wraps her up, throws her to the ground and kind of like Movie Tide, clinches her. Yes, there was some chippiness there and the rest, in my opinion, didn't really have control of the game, and it seemed like they took it into their own hands. And do you do you like seeing a player kind of stick up for their teammate in that way?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's our that's our Arab basketball. Like pretty much like the girls. If you noticed over the last couple of years, they've been a little more chippy than the men. They've been they they've been bringing that. That's what it's being like. I ain't seeing that in this in this finals like, I ain't seeing no chippings energy. Yeah, I ain't seeing that. No, I ain't seeing it like you got it once you get the game four. It's it's it's it's edginess what it's like once you get the game four. Like, I mean, come on, what game three? Game one? Game one? Man, the physical element is in the game when you start being physical game four me, No, I'm saying for them, ours ours ours ours always started off like the first player of the game, me and roundal test locking up. Remember that first first jump ball the edge and this was right there, right right at the jump ball we locked up Game one. Though you expect for show that you think that the physical element is leaving our game a little bit. It's it's been they've been allowing it. But I ain't seeing like I'm seeing battles. I ain't seeing no wars. This don't look like a war, you know what I'm saying, Like the real war. Like when we was playing against Cleveland, when it was playing Detroit, these was all and all our series was wars like these weren't no battles. This was war like. It's a lot of diving, it's a lot of like second and third effort, man, Man, like what I ain't seeing nobody dive nowhere like going after like you know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying, Like they like, damn, you mean something too. But I actually did see it in the next series versus Indiana, I did see it. That was a war. I ain't gonna lie about. That was a war. And I thought that Detroit, when I ain't seeing Indiana, ain't gotta make this a war tonight because they got to. They got to make it award tonight. I thought it was always big to to not only support teammates, but to show you know, like even in my Minnesota days, man, I've always taken a lawyer teach all the players that's on the team, and yeah, man, it helps confidences, helped continuity, you know, and then too for that to be your best player, you gotta you gotta protect the best player. And uh, I want to especially when I got to Boston, Man, I wanted to make sure that all of the bigs because usually the biggs are the ones that enforce picks hard fils, you know what I'm saying stuff like this, but not just the bigs, but I wanted all of us to be on the same page as far us how we protect each other out here, you know. And then we was always conscious of matchups when we played the Heat or when we played certain teams to where certain guys had, you know, different different complex relationships with whoever. You know, we knew we played Detroit and Rip with Ray, you know, we know he had like three four motherfuckers that we had, you know what I'm saying. So everybody was on it, and I think you gotta be like that. Man. You got a girl like Caitlin on your team, and you gotta star on your team like Luca or bron. Yeah, some hitters on that team that will go hard for the main player. You know what I'm saying, And as it should. But I think the physical element, it's just part of the game, man, And I don't know why we keep trying to discount it, but you know, basketball is a physical sport and that physicality actually comes into play into how you play. You're getting stronger, you know what I'm saying. Fucking off us playing defense on you ain't now, but you being stronger, being able to be in a distress, you know, situation and didn't deal with it. You know what I'm saying. So yeah, I'm rambling a little bit, but I'm going on some shit like that. Continuity. You gotta have that, and you gotta be together because teams see when you don't go to help a guy up, or if p fall and none of us running it, none none of us running him. Or when you see a guy falling, you don't see teammates pick him up or pick her up. That's what your team is, you hear me, because you sprint to your your best player. You sprint guys, get down, you know, rondo for somebody you know, you get it, you know what I'm saying, And then that help, that helps him because man, when you not like that, you can actually be the team and separate them while you playing.
Speaker 2: In your guys' opinion, do you feel like Caitlyn Clark gets kind of targeted at some of these games.
Speaker 1: Or so she gets targeted just like Jordan got targeted. It's the privilege you're the best player. The Jordan rules. They have the Jordan rules. When you're so good, yeah, you're gonna get targeted. It just is what it is. Absolutely like, come on, man, that's it. You gotta like when you at a disadvantage, Like I feel like, just like boxing or something, if I if I, if you fighting against the best, you gotta do something. Junk it up. I gotta hold a little bit more. I gotta I gotta elbow, I gotta go out. I gotta take you out of your element, make it make you uncomfortable. Yeah, I gotta do stuff that, Like, I gotta hold on you a little more. I gotta like do some some bullshit because you figure the skill for skill. Yeah, I gotta junk this up. I gotta bring you down on my level. Now you know what I'm saying, Like, I gotta do something where you ain't use some motherfucker's doing to you. So yeah, I'm an elbow. You kick you a little bit, maybe get a technical or do something different, like, yeah, I'm gonna have to do that to bring you down. Now you out, Now you mentally like, oh damn, Like you know what I'm saying, I gotta make this a bar fight. A privilege too, though, it's a privilege. Though, it's the privilege to be in a position where others are hating on you, and when others are hating on you, that means you're doing something right. You know what I'm saying. For sure, you getting a motherfucker and you seeing their eyes, they man, you can see in their eyes and a motherfucker be red eyes steaming, really huffing and puff. You know, I'm you know, I'm on these people that can feel energy, you know what I'm saying. So you know, you get up on the you come into a lead. I come into like dapping somebody I can feel in a depth on what he own, you know what I'm saying. Or when the jump ball going, you go to run of your spot month for my you know what I'm saying. So all that I'm paying attention to. And that physical element is a real element that you gotta work through. And if you can't work through it, sometimes it hinders you. Because bro, if I watch it, see in the league, they watch film. So if motherfucker saw you on film being a cur on some other shit, actually the next week of you know, contenders, well actually see that and play to that, and they'll put you in the Scout report hey can get rather than all this other shit. So you always gotta be in line of not only your own energy, but the next man's energy too, and control and controlling yourself. You know, p I thought about this the other day. Everybody always creaked. Oh man, motherfucker fight. You know how hard it is not to fight? Yea, how hard it is for a neggat you something and you gotta taken it. Then you gotta actually, you gotta, you gotta, you gotta, you gotta eat that. You know what I'm saying, for the betterment of what this whole thing is. You know what I'm saying, That's hard, man. To keep your composure in a heated situation is very hard. Absolutely, so you know, nobody talks about composure. Nobody talks about it's already said radic energy. Bro. Yeah, you know, you know what I'm saying, because nobody plays the bigger person in that whole exchange, right, but the bigger person wins in that exchange. You know what I'm saying. It might not look pretty, yeah, however, whoever, but yeah, on some real shit, that's how that really goes. And the physical element is a real part of it. You know how a motherfucker quick or he's strong or whatever, him being physical is also an element of stopping you or you you actually winning the matchup. You know what I'm saying for sure, but it's real. We don't talk about the physical element today because I bet you Carl Alone, matter of fact, go watch this Carl Alone. I think he was with the Lakers and they was playing the Spurs and Tony Parker. I think first game came off of a cut. And when I say, he remember you can clip member, Yeah, he clipped him. You know, he clipped them off of a off of a off of a five cut. He came and cut off the big like looking for it in the lane. Mane study up. He man, Tony Parking didn't go to the fucking uh. He didn't go to the Cup. No no more. In the series and they swept and they swept San Antonio. I don't know what year that was, but I'm pretty sure it was Carmelan. I think it was on the left side. It was early in the game. I remember to be four man. He went he oh, four pisses one. Yeah, probably because Carl Loan was on the right. He went through to look for a p and then the worst bowls like you get braced for a boat that you see right, but when you look at lord that that are knocked that in the game no more huh, the game they took clipping out because once you got clipped, right, bro, you had to be a different You had to be a demon to go back in there, right, and then when you got here, you had to pop up and look up coming right back, big fella, don't even worry about it. That's cool. I'm glad you and you got to say that for yourself. And did you got to come back in there when you see motherfuckers dunking that motherfucker trying to rip it off? That's because something went on in here to where I felt like I had to come in here with the super boom sonic boom. You know the sonic boom. You remember that you used to have to come in there with the one hand sonic boom. Yeah, Like like like, what's the big fella? Sean Browley, he used to talk dead crazy to you, try to clip you, bowl you. So when you're going in to dunk on his ass, you in there trying to wipe your ass with his ass, Like, yeah, they want to smoke, he wanted you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, I drifted on some ship right there. My bad, But yeah, yeah you gotta bring pain man, because because that's what really motherfuckers is trying to do. They trying to intimidate you through physicality. Damn my bad. I had to go there though. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: The Orlando Magic, they make a trade with the Memphis Grizzlies. They get Desmond Baine, They dish out KCP Cole Anthony, four first round picks and a pick swap too much for band?
Speaker 1: What do you think? So let me say something before we ain't even get into Orlando. Is this the writing on.
Speaker 2: The wall.
Speaker 1: For what Memphis? I don't know. Nah, you still got two All Stars. You still got Jahn and Jared Jack Junior. Like, Nah, we gotta we just gotta move from pieces around. We gotta upgrade, clearly because we ain where we want to be, and he's a valuable piece. So if we can find it through some more depth, if we can add depth and possibly some draft picks, because that's where the league is going. Look look at Okay, see look at Indiana. They both got like one or two stars, two stars, and they got depth. Hey, Memphis got they two stars. We gotta add depth now. So if we gotta do it through the trade of one of our main pieces, and we can add more pieces that can help. Man, that's the way the league is going. I like the trade for Memphis, and I like it for Orlando because now you've got a player that you can kind of depend on now somebody, Yeah, you can depend on hold on you can depend on him the knock down shots because we can't shoot. But he was part of the corrido. Yeah, but I don't. I don't because he was the one that was expendable out of everybody that we got to have to have value. You know what I'm saying. I'm not giving my two all stars up, but he got the most value outside of them, you know what I'm saying, to better us, Yeah, to better us. Yeah, he had the most out of the top to do what he did. Though nobody shoots it like we gotta we gotta find accumulation of players. Yeah, but think about this, Like you look at OKC. They got Caruso, Wiggins and Iso. One of them gonna play good instead of depending on when to play good that might be up and down every game. One of them that had a good game, you know what I'm saying. So now I'm I'm gonna spread it out through three motherfuckers to where like, all right, all of y'all are gonna play bad. One of y'all gonna give us something tonight, So I'm gonna add trade him. Let me get y'all three. So you think this is a new wave of where this is where deeper? Yeah, and here we go, Here we go again, Here we go again, Like the Knick's gonna have to do something right. We gotta GETT nine to eleven now right, Ye, it ain't no more. Matter of fact, you might have a chance to get like a monster like it didn't get a bunch of cools. Yeah, yeah, but that's development.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: They developed all those boys down there and in uh in. Okay, see bro, you got can you can you develop? Can you developing? You got two starters on rookie contracts? Right yeah, okay, see.
Speaker 2: Yeah JW's money kicked the chest chests. Yeah, Chet's money has not kicked in yet.
Speaker 1: They got two starters on rookie contracts. If I'm Houston, I'm watching OKC and I'm following that same structure because you're you're you're right there. You have two three more pieces to Houston. They got a whole different thing. But yeah, jumping back to what we was talking about. I don't know. I thought Bang was part of their core. Man, you know he was there. I think Orlando went and got went and got him because they was having problems with outside shooting and the reason they brought K. C. P in there, which because of that, he had a high rate coming from Denver, had a three ball, had a clip. That's kind of dilemmas, right, yep. So now he's moving on to Memphis. Defensively, I love this for them, but yeah, man, yes's hard when you see like that third piece go and did not think of Wow, just Jai And I know Orlando see the window opportunity too right now because look at the east. The East is Indiana right now coming out the east, then Boston dealing with some injuries. You gotta have eleven to beat Indiana. If you ain't got nine ten, you can't beat Indiana. Who's the favorite next year? Indiana? Stop? Stop, they don't do that. That's what I'm saying. Something ain't even got here. Nigga still on vacation still, But I'm saying that's so, and saying that Orlando see a winner, window of opportunity. Lando, Orlando has got deeper in there they getting getting Did they get better with that? Hell? Yeah, Orlando got better with that.
Speaker 2: They were twenty seventh in offense last year and they were one of the lowest scoring teams in the league.
Speaker 1: And then they couldn't shoot and.
Speaker 2: Desmond Bane's a career forty point shooter and over.
Speaker 1: My service, guess what until Polo gets hurt again, he out thirty games. Okay, they miss thirty games, missed thirty games. I'm just saying it. Look, they're gonna be a top three team in the East. Huh, They're gonna be a top three team in the East next year and record this man, we got thee red I see the red light.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Plow and Franz missed a lot of games going and they were they were they were.
Speaker 1: Still a playoff I'm sorry, Nate, go ahead.
Speaker 2: With the miss games between those two guys. They were still a top three defense and and made the play We're a playoff team. So if you get those guys healthy and you ad band, you think that up.
Speaker 1: It was the number. There was a number seven seeds this year, right, uh, and they gave Boston some issues. Polo is unstoppable. Stop stop stop what what you're saying, stop stop saying they gave what four? One is a problem? I mean, what didn't do that at home? It wasn't that, it was what one fall one? But Pablo issue out of here. He's one. Yeah, they couldn't shoot and Boston was bored full one. Yeah for sure, but they Yeah, Orlando won't smoke next year with whoever. Though, I'm telling you right now, I'm going I see I've seen you at training camp. I'm seeing what you look like a training camp. I'm seeing you need one more piece though they need one more pan. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Suggs and Isaac are trade pieces that you could consider. But Suggs is one of the better defensive guys along with Isaac's.
Speaker 1: Isaac's He's He's been injured a lot.
Speaker 2: Sugs is two Suggs thirty five games last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Suggs, he's injured a lot too. But I like his his defense, his defense, he picking up. I like that Cole Anthony, I like that trading traded him. So I'm saying what I'm saying he was. But I'm saying you and the West. You know what I'm saying. We're in the West. You gotta be deepest hell. That's what I'm saying. Orlando got a window right now, I don't know if it's enough or they better in Cleveland, not right now? Okay, cool in Boston, don't. I don't. I don't know what Cleveland is after they got they got deal, how they got deal. They got done by Indiana, not by Lando. Nobody better than or the bed in Boston. No, they're not better than Coston. Cool, that's it. I don't need no splace, but better in New York. I don't know, Okay cool, because if you don't, then that's a note. I don't know who because if it's a yes, U yes, that's all I'm saying. They knows they are probably right now. That's we don't even know what New York got. They can't beat New York right now. They picked, they can't beat Boston, and they can't be in Indiana on top, I ain't even name Indiana. They like five Bro and they cool. And then if one of them pieces get hurt, that whole ship gone feel me because the Wagner, the second Wagner is supposed to be what when they is? And then when Dale on the foe in that faux five complex or something. Now everybody doing well. Okay, see doing four smalls shooting around the big big road to the rim, and now we did it. It's ma'am road. Remember when everybody needed a big and everybody wanted to play like Joker. You got to have a big who can be right? Maye Rudy go bear popular way to get a bonus. That's what they need from. Yeah, yeah, that'll be a big movie where Lando for one of them, young for the young, for the for the other, Wagner he hurt. He come on, face, he ain't gonna work. Wagner.
Speaker 2: Wagner the money. The money wouldn't work either, because now.
Speaker 1: I got some draft picks, right Yeah, but now.
Speaker 2: Data Orlando entered the second apron. So the way it works, all the money going out has to match the money coming in. Yeah yeah, so Bin kind of ate up a lot of that salary cap for them. But you got a guy under contract for the next three or four years.
Speaker 1: He need to play my lead man. They need to play. They need to just play video games. You know what I'm saying. Being there is one of was spinning. Let them spinning, man funk all that. Man, All right, man, let's let him. Let's let him go, Yo, let them motherfucker go. Like all this tax and all this that. Yeah, all this, man, we want to see it fresh out. And I don't know if y'all paying attention, but it seems like the world is starting to like starting the massage this one on one thing a little more. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Ever since Bees and you know, Boring already got out there, did they want to I'm hearing a lot of you know what I want to ask you, bro, since you was a prolific one on one, you know what I'm saying, get your one on one that bro, I saw you work. Who beat has anyone beat you in one on one before? Other than myself? When hold on, Paul and I used to funk around before the game and play one on one. That's the only thing. I'm one possession at one possession. Then some nights I would hear it. Some nights I was, and vice versa. That's why I'm talking ship to him because I actually beat his ass. Did talk crazy to hear when I said the warm up? You know what I'm saying. We didn't fuck with nobody else with anybody us came on and trying to get like, no, watch out watch way two while before the nigga trying to play one before right before the game. No, no, go ahead, go ahead, tell him over. I might come on here and just buoy him in the back. Let's the hardest fun. I'm not going like, let's go wake up, wake up, turn, turn some steak, tell some sting. I'm dripping too, like I just hit him, Like come on, look, get your mind right.
Speaker 2: You're putting the battery in his back.
Speaker 1: You're trying him. Damn dude. He tried. Then we're gonna do this every game, one possession and didn't everybody gonna stop and watch us. And it looked realist, fun, real real quick, Like it's Rogers Sparks for like thirty seconds, right right, real quick. We get it on. I'm ready, alright, I'm ready. I dropped the ball and that's cool. Yeah, yeah, I'm already dripping that. And then I'm waiting on him some nights, I'm like, what that niggah? He not spin it out? No hold on what you're gonna do with the nigga? Nowever, we get real physical, real physics real quick for the game. Does anybody beat you one on one, toughest one on one, damn give me that. Not on the selfis na man, this crack everybody, it's a line. No. This was like we were going one and if we ain't doing ones that Doc would be like, hold on, let them finish like the ones before practice because I'm getting all the wings. Like, let's go, y'all, I get all the ones. That was. That was That was my get ready for practice though. I give my shots to Ronald Truman. Lit boom woman. Now we won. Let's go. Let's go. Now all the wings, let's go, let's go. Who want line them up? Let's go get this ship. Then we shipped back and then it's real. It's real. So who beat you in one on one summer anything I'm talking about? You said nobody. J Crow used to get off because we didn't play like at least a thousand games of one. So he'll get something off. Uh, but they remember viron quit remember vine Way for quit? He quit. I think I beat him like eleven zero or sling though and laying I'm good. He's like I'm good. Ticket was like you good. He's like, come on man, I was like I was just like your f a shit after practice. I think this was after practice folk, just before practice. This was before and you was man, lord, and I know it was over because you had your little blue black and I saw the little blue boy right there. Man, you're talking that mother ship. What's up? And then Varn been like, yeah, you've been running. So they get out there. Everybody kind of see it. Then I heard one, you know, we get on, shove on. That's thing five list you know seven. I moped them. Man, come on, man, I looked up and said, damn, Varn, you ain't get a basket. He's like, come on, man, get out here, get a bucket. Ship, so you're gonna quit the night when we get out here, ship. Mannigg like, I'm good Man, an't gonna go ahead and play hard. I'm looking at this nigga. I was like, then, I'm looking like, you mean I should jump out here? When you look you just in the ship to t up on man, man making me sound like Hermit the frog. Now come on, listen, that's the p boys ball. It's crazy. You gotta hit the you gotta smack the teeth. You ain't standing give it. Yeah, that's my my gate, your dan dong. Yeah yeah, that's the gate. Somebody man, get some guards, man, get some bigger dogs. Man, I told you that somebody bringing I got. I got hit the dog and ship like said he was killing dog, dog jumping man gate. The dogs went up on me. Hey boy, you alright now, he remember making course, so though he wouldn't messing with him, hold with come get this moll fuck. I'm like, damn, person, you don't know me, can't course stare at you. You're gonna look that that motherfucker lamb lamb. I'm forna looking down at me. I'm like, damn, man, I'm standing up like getting the dog. Man the dog sniff did it. It's like a big ass dinosaur sniff you. I'm like, damn, man, man the man, the dog cool, the dog ain't cool. The dog on me, man a real chill. I'm like, man, I can't even share the dog looking at me. Dog, the dog don't hurt me. The dog ain't gonna do nothing. I look up the dog standing up, just staring at you. Stare at you to like I said, he did what he needed to do. Stand him up. Let me go in the drawer already in the white house. Here the dog needs to be here looking at I can't even watch TV. Doll filled the dog why the dog brow? You know the door right here, just standing here like I gotta treat or something. And then the nigga tuns. That's Lord, get the king course o Lord. This for like a whole wolf in here. Three ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so no one no one in the ones at U c l A man.
Speaker 1: I don't know how. That's the first thing I thought. Man, he ever being beatings J Crow. J Crow probably got me a few times though, So you struggled with gard like I never lost the ones in September in the summer, like because September was right before training camp, and then you was already already in like ready to go shape. Time you have to catch me like in like July, in June, June July. Like if I'm in Vegas in September, you ain't getting me when we go to them runs, when we go to Buddhazars, Now you ain't getting me. Then I'm full steamer head ready for training camp, coming in the full steamer here, ready for training camp. Then I'm running to the top of the dunes. Now stop by then three times my legs is already coming in Joe bullets, all looking like you got ready for the season. I'm ready for the season by time. I'm going to everybody to go this ship. You better stop that for real. He I was killing Dante one day. Give that nigga the bad boom boom for real. Don't they stopped. Don't put your head up for real? For real? I did cook y'all. I like dad, I listen, damn listen one. And then Warrens was how Pete actually got ready my ass, I'm working on slides. I want to work on ladder room because I'm in picking roll. I'm in here breathing, I got to talk, and I'm training a whole other way. Wars was like the last thing because Wares used to fish me off. Ones is gonna because you're gonna. It's not a drill, No, you know, you actually hooping. And next thing you know, you're in a lather like you going game speeding Ones because you're like, all right, you know what I'm saying, let me get at you real quick. Then I'm all, I'm gonna full sweat right before practice. I should love Ones, but Wares wasn't my thing. And then I used to like how people used to talk ship like I ain't have ones. You know what I'm saying, Like I would let you get he cooks the whole US A team that was epic. I mean in practice people legendary practice practice too. Shit. We you know what I'm saying, this ship don't stop. This ain't in the summer. The summer was when I could, you know, work on my bag, you know, like sit in the season. I got a post up phase. I ain't get to showing no bag till I had that. You know.
Speaker 2: In terms of one videos though ticket you got one of the one of the better ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they caught that. Yeah that was legendary. That's what I'm glad I got that because they can't take that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I want to ask you guys about Kevin Durant. So obviously he's been dangled in trade talks that the teams out there, the Timberwolves, the Rockets to see.
Speaker 1: They don't want him. Damn Knicks did too. Yeah, Knicks said they don't want him.
Speaker 2: It could be the asking price. But the question I have for you guys is like, what's the best win now fit for Kevin Durant at thirty seven years old? If he's looking to go to a new team.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why the Knicks don't see it the way we see it, because if you put obviously, if you put if you put him in that little core right there, he makes that all. He's a real bonafide superstar. He's remember when Pete talked about certain buildings and being comfortable certain buildings like that, for him, that's that. That would be lighting the fire every night. A bonafide superstar. That's that. If you can't get Lebron, I think KD is the best, Like you know what I'm saying, Like for New York and for that bro, you get to see KD forty one games at night. Man, let me think Damn's just for coffee. Man. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying like I'm a gym. You probably better at this ship than I am. But I'm just talking about you talking about win now.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're KD, You're you're looking to get obviously an extension, and then you're looking for a winning position. Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Okay, But you also got a factor in you think geography is a factor in this in your career? Yeah, so would Milwaukee be off the table for for someone like Kevin Duranda.
Speaker 1: No, okay, it shouldn't be. Not with Johanni is still being there now, Janni. If I'm KD, I'm trying to get out of the West while the window is open to come out of the East.
Speaker 2: Really, so Miami is another team that's been floated around. I mean, what do you think about about that?
Speaker 1: Trading needs to play on the team with a player that's better than him, okay for them to win a championship, for him to win another title, and there's only like two or three teams Milwaukee with Jannis. Okay, see with Shaye you know ship if okay, see win it. You still got assets, like you can throw some draft picks out there. I'm trying to think when you mess with that dynamic though probably not, but they got the assets. One of the few teams I still got a lot of assets. Like Houston. Houston can't win because a superstar. They don't have a superstar. Yeah, I think he's back in Phoenix if he goes to like a Houston situation.
Speaker 2: But say Houston, say you replaced Jalen Green and Kevin Durant goes into that spot, like you have a go to guy down the stretch, like does that the second in the West last.
Speaker 1: Year Paul is saying is that he needs to go to where like Luca Bron where you got a young superstar who can propel you, Like even if he went to I mean he just played with Booker and Bill. Yeah, so he need to get somebody that's better than him right now. And it's only like a couple of guys in the league that you could say that, like Shay or uh Denver. Oh, they can find a way to get it. You pair him up with with that boy over there. I mean, that's the only three teams I see where you're talking about. Okay, they're a legit threat to win it all.
Speaker 2: What about a knixt situation where you replace a Bridges or an og and you pair them with with Brunson and and hope hopefully keep Towns too.
Speaker 1: And then you eliminate your depth. It don't matter. You still got to get depth anytives are there. But then you're gonna put into somebody that's gonna play him forty minutes. Nope, A the key he gotta play between thirty thirty two thirty three minute here but that diminishes, they dep depth, that diminishes they depth. If you give her the og and Michal Bridges, you gotta find a way. Like I don't like him on New York, Why I want on depth. I'm going heavy top. I'm going heavy at the top. Right now we see Lakers, Luca and bron heavy at the top.
Speaker 2: That ain't worked out five million next year. So wherever he goes, it's gonna be it's.
Speaker 1: Gonna eat your dep up. The only one who can afford him is Okay. See we're trying to win now, we not trying them out five years from them. Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's ship man, you grab them moll fucking now a situation and motherfucking uh Bridges man, they was they followed the Indiana You like KTI and Indiana.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to figure like you throwing math Mathuran. You throw in Miles Turner because he's gonna be up for some money this summer. You get two because male Turner only twenty nine, Mattherin is only here young in Indiana, Miles Turner Madura and then uh back in Arizona. Yeah, let's see if I can find one more other piece for him. I want home alone. Here, you got him? Damn you just giving home alone a big part of what they do in Indiana. Bargain and he and listen, he up, he's Finnah. Get the bag that he.
Speaker 2: Signed a new deal this with this last year.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm trying to. I mean, they don't have nobody that can get a bucket on Indiana. What about Philly. He can't go to Philly. Him and the b and Tyrese Maxie, that's Philly and already tried too many of the process. He is not No, he's not Paul George, my nigga, don't do that. The processes over there. We already told you we need fresh air out there. You know that he's gone. He gone, He needs fresh she ain't good, but he needs sint the door open. He's standing in front of him. Man, he walked out yet, Man, the process needs that ship is over with that ship that Frankenstein. Take him off the thing and let him walk it out of here. Damn, Philly needs to trade the process. It's over, it's over. He needs fresh air over records. Yeah, I think you're training for big felling in if you're talking about who you want, who you want for the big Fellow? Where are you moving by fellow to the West, because they ain't gonna move me. I'm a sant Goon going to Houston with them young boys, go bad the Houston Sangoon. You can go over there, Shantgoon to who else? Cam Junior, Cam Moore over there, they're probably gonna want Eastern Go ahead over there, Sangoon and Jabari, y'all can go ahead, and we're gonna keep Green. We're gonna keep the other Vess and bring in big Fella Gueenie and Philly.
Speaker 2: No, I ain't doing team in the West last year for a guy that.
Speaker 1: That's fools gone, bro, what's fools goal? Houston Number two in the in the West last year was fool's goal. You was two games from being then a slot.
Speaker 2: Is in beat healthy fools goal and.
Speaker 1: You trained got a swing up for that. Who's the superstar over there, Houston that can carry you, Nobody.
Speaker 2: That's why we're talking, Kevin Durant, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Nobody. Nobody their fringe all Stars. They have fringe all Stars over there today. Fringe all Star built. They built for the future. I hear you you're saying, I'm gonna get a bona fide MVP caliber player and build around on one kickstand. I gotta take, I gotta swing, I gotta you gotta what I gotta swing for the fences. I get it. But what if he gonna want to kickstand and it's another process in Houston, and then we're gonna that's gonna be. That's that's a trade me until as they built, unless Jabari become a superstar. Because I'm like Sam Good, he's a great player, Green, but he he Green, Jalena, I mean what we're gonna, We're gonna we think he could become that. I'm just saying, we got this is all built for the future. So I'm just listening to what you You feel like Green can become that superstar, then don't do nothing with it. But he a few years away from being what we think he can be. He been in the league with four five years already. Yeah, so about like he supposed to show me something. Now think about this, Jay dub is in his third year, you're supposed to make that leap. Now by now year tickets you know that by your third year, you know, who's somebody gonna be. It's like some guys been late bloomers and all that, but by the third year, we knew who Code was. You know who j Dubb is right now? Like everybody like take it by your third year, where's you at an All Star game? Yeah? You know what I'm saying, you got to you got a character. I feel what you're saying. You know they don't have that over there. I'm still establishing that. Yeah, like who, Like, I don't have nobody who I feel like is gonna take that leap so I can if I could trade for that right now, I got to swing for the fence. That'll be a good move. Get in bad to Houston.
Speaker 2: So if you were Houston, you would rather do a trade for Embiid than Kevin Durant, is what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Kevin Durant is older like embiiders what thirty, but his body's older. Yeah, the same age. They're the same age that Nigga's body is ninety that we probably got a better body than that.
Speaker 2: If he is thirty one and Katie would be thirty seven.
Speaker 1: Week, I think we can win in the next year. KD as the man, what do you think you can win a championship in Houston with KT is the man at thirty seven. If I'm healthy, yeah, healthy KD. Yeah before a healthy MB Yeah, I just had Booker and Bill. We didn't even make the playoffs, Like what are you? What are we trying to do over here? Talking about all those things I loved? But KD needs to be with somebody who's better than him right now. Listen. They are the closest structure to OKC to me, they have a bunch of young They don't have an MVT though. No I didn't say that, but I'm saying they have young pieces that can one day evolve into a their VP. When I watched Jalen Green this year, he made a huge jump this ship.
Speaker 2: We didn't mention Thompson at all, by the way.
Speaker 1: At all. Yeah, and he wasn't even on the board him and his brother wasn't even on the board of the narrative. He's not in the trade talks.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is he's one of their crowns.
Speaker 1: He's one of sending pieces that they have over there can be a superstar. Not today, he's three three years away. Fuck no, hell no, the boy, that boy, this boy and the boys in thirty games made noise. They made noise. Bro, what I'm saying, I'm saying, but he's a very good player right now. He got potential to be an All Star. But he's not gonna be completely who he can be development wise for another couple of years.
Speaker 2: So he'll go into his third season next year. Thompson nine point.
Speaker 1: Where is like right now? What year Shy? Three? Four years to get right here?
Speaker 2: Seven year?
Speaker 1: Amen is a few years from being If he could be that level, it's gonna take you about three or four more years. The development is different now though the motherfucker just did this in half a year, forty five sixty games. Him and his brother made a big difference on their teams. Then they make the jump. What kind of jump you think they and then they coming back even more confident. Yeah, they they think about this ticket. Give me the They role players. They role players today. I didn't start. You didn't come in a role player, Bro, I did.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: He wasn't no role He was a focal point right out the gate. I came in a focal point you right out the gate. I was not. I was like, is he gonna like Shae with Okay? See as the focal point. He was developing out the gate, but he was a focal point on.
Speaker 2: The Clippers where he was drafted.
Speaker 1: He was development. He was developing that one year for one year, his second year he was the guy in Okay. See he was the guy, but was still developing. That's what trying to say. That's it. They was trash when he first got. So yeah, amen, there was trash when he first got. There wasn't trash he was. They were trash when they when he got they made the playoffs. They did not the first year they got, they asked stunted. The first year, first year he went to Okay see him and Lou dort Man, they got their ass ran to by them, Nick Collinson, come on, man. And then the next year they made the playoffs. Then they started making.
Speaker 2: The first year with Okay City, he did make that.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It was the bubble and they lost and then.
Speaker 1: They made the playoffs again because Chris Paul was there, they made the playoff. There was forty one one. Yeah, they made the playoffs. I was like, damn, hold on, I remember them in the playoffs. Come ye again? Yeah, Well, Chris Paul went over there. I thought they was gonna be garbage. They was forty one and forty one made the playoffs. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Yeah, surprisingly, for sure. I'm trying to tell you they was good. Yeah, I'm not trying to tell you. So I think they gonna have to take It's gonna take them a few more years to some of these cats.
Speaker 2: Ticket, I want to go back. We're approaching the thirtieth anniversary you getting drafted into the NBA. It's it's you know, nine ten days away.
Speaker 1: It was thirty yeah, twenty eight, twenty.
Speaker 2: Six, ye, yes, sir. I want to ask you just the process of you deciding, hey, I'm going to go into the draft, making the announcement, and then that day that your your name gets called and you're going to the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Speaker 1: Oh man, some of the most hectic times in my life trying to figure out my next move and and just trying to attach myself to what was the most promising. It was so many unknowns. Just coming from McDonald's and I got to see all the guys and you know, your friends and shit. So yeah, now I was just in a big ass question. Mark had a bunch of what ifs I was able to. Yeah, I was just trying to figure a bunch of shit out. But once I figured out, like you know what, after I played Scottie and after I had the interaction with the Isaiah and everything in the gym, I left there feeling so different about the decision making. And then as I started doing more research with limited resources, I was just like I started to form this ideal in my head, like, you know, wherever you go and whatever you do, you're gonna have to put in a hunt it to a thousand times to work, just because you know it's collegiate, you're behind it. You know it's pros, you're behind it. So I was more thinking of how do I develop fast? How do I speed? You know? It was more like that. And then it was like whatever decision I make, I'm gonna have to live it out. So I was just like, you know, I got an opportunity, actually, you know, I got an opportunity right now to fulfill my dream and do all this that we're talking about in this room. And I was like, man, to go for this shit. At the end of the day, Man, shit, this shit don't work. It's always collegiate right here. So that's how I looked at it. But then I started getting through the process and I started understanding the process. It was all basketball. It was all things that I had done. It was nothing new, you know what I'm saying. So all the things that they were asking of me and all the things, it was all things that I already had familiar with and all that. And then when I made the decision, got through the process, get drafted, I came. I don't remember anything else because I'm in it. I didn't care about what I did up until that point. I didn't care about what was said about me. I locked in to that point all the way up to when I retired. The moment I jumped in the league, I never turned off. It was no one around me. It was no one that was a part of my life. It was nothing that I had ever dealt with or whatever was going to fuck this opportunity up for me. No one, nothing else. So that's how I went at that opportunity. So you know, if it was the girl that I started dating and we ended up getting married, this is how I need you to be in the circle. If you're going to be one of my friends, and with just how I need you to be. And I never came out of this right here, nothing ever, nothing this circle right here, nothing other than when I started having kids and I was much older at thirty something, nothing was a bigger priority than this. So the morning I came into the league, I never turned off until I retired.
Speaker 2: And ticket when you were making the decision of going into the draft, like, was there people you were reaching out to and trying to get advice from, or was a decision you just made with you know, your high school coach and family members.
Speaker 1: I was trying to I was trying to reach out to anybody and everybody. Paula tell you this, Paul has a I mean he's from LA had a little more resources probably than I did at the time. But yeah, it wasn't anybody to talk to. I had bumped into Isaiah Thomas on the fly. That was great for me. I had a conversation with obviously Scotti. But everybody, you gotta remember, I'm like the face for us. So it's Paul Pierce, Antoine Walker, Allen Iverson, Koby, I'm I'm the face for all this new school ship. You know what I'm saying. So That's how my Piers was looking at me. But the old head looking at this Wyn coming there. Wow, you don't want to hear this shit, man, you And there was a bullying system, you know what I'm saying, tell you us and y'all came in, and actually the system started to transcend when I came in. They started to give a little bit because some of the things I couldn't do the NBA would not necessarily being roused. But they started to transition into a more newer generation of things. I remember David Stern telling Slam to take AI's tats off because that wasn't you know, it wasn't primitive to the league. And Jordan didn't wear tattoos when he had the big ass brand on his chests, and Barkley didn't have you know what I'm saying. So we was always in comparisons to who was gonna carry this thing into this into the next. So I was yeah, and I was R and D you know what I'm saying. I was let's see how this do you know what I'm saying? Then second year I'm an All Star. I don't think those things was in the components of me developing that fast then next thing you know, I'm starting third year, I'm starting an All Star game. You know what I'm saying, Like, I'm here, like it took two years to get here, right, So now everybody's seeing me playing. You know what I'm saying when I running to him, when I running to anybody, everybody like, hey, man, hey, you know what I'm saying. But man, he'll tell you this because he went through the same kind of process. Man, it's a bunch of unknowns, and you gotta bet on yourself. And when people don't even see you as the same as you see yourself, you gotta make them see it. That's what I was on. I was always on proving somebody wrong and proving myself wrong. I was always in that cloud of shit. So that's why when you saw me on the court, I look, man, I look, because I was like he was talking about so motherfucker, and I'm gonna be out the league in two years. Nigga. You don't even know me. Check up, nigga every time. You know what I'm saying. So that competitive nature man carried me through.
Speaker 2: But let's go to the day of the draft ticket you go to Canada. Was that your first time ever in Canada.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was in Toronto. I thought I was in Europe. I'm like, damn, we in Canada with stuff London. I was ohod as fucked.
Speaker 2: So first time in Canada and then going into the draft. When you're there, you know you're suited up, you're excited. Are you knowing, Hey, I'm going to I'm going to Minnesota or what were what were your thoughts kind.
Speaker 1: Of leading in Toronto, We're trying to find a place to eat. You know, I ain't taking no bread and ship like that, you know what I'm saying, And like it wasn't no agent paying me off. I I wan't doing none of that ship Like I wanted to make my own brown want to have to owe nobody ship. So I ain't really had no super bread to do a bunch of shit. So you know, I was on something like you know, Tom and Jerry walking around here, see what it is and ship. So I was doing a bunch of like sight seeing because that was the first time we was out the country or being to Canada.
Speaker 4: And who were you with when you were out the mom I had a girlfriend at the time, my best friend Bug and two of my Homeboys, No and Uh Bill, they came up there with me and Kareem.
Speaker 1: I had like a little group of us up there with my agent at the time, and it was it was cool, man. It was all for us to be able to go through this experience, you know what I'm saying, because I don't think a lot of them have been out of Chicago or been out of the country either. So it was just this big, this big thing of just of a question mark of what's gonna happen. So yeah, I was seeing all the other guys g Trin and stack House and Sheet and everybody having on a real nice suit and shit, I got the little rock chest, a little you know what I'm saying, big and tall suit on and you know what I'm saying, I'm just I'm just, you know, saying, I'm doing my ffa. Man, I'm trying to slide through not fucking nobody, you know what I'm saying. And then Uh, the niggas crack jokes on me and Ship and I was like, you know what, me betting all y'all niggas. Watch niggas looked at me and everybody start laughing, And I was the only nigga there not laughing, and then we get we get our draft on and that's when Wolf came down to the room like, Nigga, Hey, hey, nigga, I got your test. Man, Hey man, you passed, man, Hey man, man, fuck that test. Nigga going to you downstairs, going to the lead and throw that sh in the trash. Uh, get it right to the money salute And with the fifth picton in nineteen ninety five, Yet tapped me on the showtime. Then I saw the cameras come around. That's the only time I swear to god, I got nervous. What you said in the interview, I don't even remember. I'm about smiling. Was talking to me. It was Craig. I'm trying to think, who was it, Crag Crag, Yeah, looking around, stealing a little interview. Got out stage soon as I came downstate and gave me a hat, and Upper Deck was at the bottom. They had a check. Looked like some what's that? What's that little ship? The clearing house? Shit? You get what's the name of Yeah? Yeah, yeah, hey, hey boy, upper Deck had a two million dollar check. By the size of this this, I saw that. I faded Pete, I saw right and I thought I was. I thought I was, you know, I thought from the crying and bubbling up I had then I can read. And then I was like, hold on, I ain't never seen the world million. That's that's that's a million, right, made it you feel me? I came off the stage down the stairs. Deth was standing right there. Richard. I'm going blank on this name. Richard right there he was the CEO that ship got me up, said whether to the Lee, young fella, I want to I want to be the first to get your first endorsement with upper deck woo woo ah. Rest is history. That's when I had cash under my bed, like it was. You know what I'm saying. I was in the hood. I was still putting my shit in trash bas throwing it in the hour. You there shout to the west side man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so thirty years. What do you remember about after getting drafted? What did you do that night? How did you celebrate? And then also did you think you could be one, two, three or four before they called you? At five?
Speaker 1: After the draft was a ship storm. I had to fly to New York and do Regis and Kelly. I wore this USA jacket on some I don't know, I don't even know why. That's what I was feeling. I was in New York, you know what I mean. I had to go do a bunch of media stuff. Then they threw me on the plane. I land in Minnesota. I do the press conference there, and then the first thing Kevin McAll wanted me to do right after that was now only meet the owners, but meet the community leaders. So after I met all the owners of the timberwarves, I go into this room and it was it was just like a bunch of black leaders, you know, education programs in the street, community leaders, and Kevin Mchall thought that would be a great job or a great idea for me to interact with, you know, community leaders to understand the city, you know, north sides, just south side, is this st East, Saint Paul's this, this is this, And that helped me acclimate quicker than most guys or when I heard she talk about acclimating the Portland or guys, that was you know, so I felt I felt special. But man, it was a whirlwind because trying to find a place to live, and you know what I'm saying, like that's that's that's all that that had my head spinning. So I had to actually put some structure into my own life to where yeah, it could accommodate and help me with some of my things. But yeah, man, once once I hit the draft, bro, it was gone. I was gone. It was of. It was off, off and winning.
Speaker 2: So here's the Craig Sager interview right after, Let's.
Speaker 1: Check in out with Craig Sager, who was with the Sports Illustrated cover guy.
Speaker 2: Well, I was the cover ready or not?
Speaker 1: That was the big question, and that was a hard cover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for the big transition, the step from high school to the NBA.
Speaker 1: One reason I think already because I worked so hard.
Speaker 5: I think everybody who was in this draft, I think not having a set.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty exception. I worked pretty hard.
Speaker 5: To everything that I do, and I know the NBA is just another level of hard work.
Speaker 1: And I'm se em set for that stuff.
Speaker 2: What qualities of your game can timberwol fans expect to see immediately on the court.
Speaker 5: Number one is just going to see a person in a player that comes out and plays hard every night, one thousand percent. I'm going to see some, uh teamwork. I'm gonna see some I'm a team player.
Speaker 1: I don't fresh out of high school down fresh fresh and row boy. It is on cook right here. What it's oncooked dope right here? You and none.
Speaker 2: This ain't stepped on occupy your time after twenty a half hour practice.
Speaker 5: Well, I I plan on getting my degree as far as college and everything, because.
Speaker 1: Everybody especially that's I gotta degree. I plan on getting that.
Speaker 5: Even though I am in the NBA, I can say that now. I'm plan on using my off time for as far as reaching my degree.
Speaker 1: And that's what going on. That's my mom and b right goal I like to reach.
Speaker 2: At this time, it's time to start studying. Now here's the Minnesota Ross. You go back and study while we send it back to the step.
Speaker 1: Ah, look shot the Craig. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: So take it. Thirty years man, congrats, what's up?
Speaker 1: What's up back man?
Speaker 2: And you know, as the months progress, there's gonna be a lot more stuff of your first season that we'll probably talk about on this show. So congrats again on thirty years. But let's get some game pitchs.
Speaker 1: Right, Let's get some game picked right, Let's get it game six, Game six, Pete, what's not changed? It's going seven it's going seventh.
Speaker 2: Pete has been the game seven since the twenty sixteen finals Calves Warriors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going seven. This is great for the league. Seven. You want an extra bet on the seven? Yeah, for sure, we're gonna watch it tomorrow. What's up?
Speaker 2: So, okay's four and a half.
Speaker 1: What's the bet? Man? What's the bet? Uh? Ship? They can't put right? All right? Say left right? But he said right there, that's the bet. That's the beat. Send me one of them, right, gotcha? You said say less right? You know what it is, man, Look man, look, it's been nice. Man, it's been nice. Man. Let's speak Jo T. We can eat some barbecue wash and push it to seven. Listen, you know what I'm saying, relaxed, listen, as we can do this end of the year show. We want to thank all our followers, all the fans who watched, all the people in the comments, all that ship we fuck with, taking the truth and KG certified here. You know what I'm saying. We work really fucking hard to give y'all some of the best ship ever. Real ship. This ain't. This ain't something that we take lightly. We thank all the fans, but yeah, this is it. This is Game six, we're closing out. The will be a game seven. This is our last show if we want to come back and do something else, but yeah, this is the I look forward to seeing y'all for Game seven, so we need to take for that. So so you know, I'm gonna see y'all. Let the paradeing, okay see, or actually I will be watching y'all let the okay see PARADEO. This turned out to be one of the best series we fan some time out. You know, I think they're gonna do the parade should be like Sunday or something. You know what I'm saying, Game seven on Sunday, Well, we're gonna do a recap or Monday or Monday. I see y'all on First Avenue and okay see in front of the hotel with all the fans on me, and yeah, man, it's been a great year. Man. Hey, hey, shakes on me for winning games. I appreciate you for y'all games. Man, it's been a great year. Thank you, Nate, Thank you Ze. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, I see y'all. I'm probably be in Hawaii Tuesday, so yeah, yeah, you know, it's been a great year. Another one Game seven Sunday. Yeah, the parades Monday. So I don't know how they're gonna do a game on a Sunday.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Wednesday, Oh damn.
Speaker 1: See everybody this summer and make sure you wear some your son Tan lotion is hot outside hot. Yeah, I see it. Tennis. So we'll come back here and do the recap on Monday. Yeah, we can do so on Saturday to see what you're doing Monday, and a Wednesday for the draft okay, cool, and.
Speaker 2: Then doing the draft draft Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we can do it Tuesday, Monday, talk about Game seven and the draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could do Monday Thursday.
Speaker 1: Or we can show up at the parade and do it from the parade. I got something I gotta do to make that. I ain't going to Indiana for no parade. Okay. See the parade gonna be an okay, see damn. So it's over. It's over, it's old. That's the big s