Speaker 1: Cut Booms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: It's the clearinghouse of hot takes. Break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere. The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Maller and Danny G Radio a happy early Saturday.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: You can listen whenever, so maybe it's late on Saturday, but it is the now seventeenth day of May. As we hang out together. The Fifth Hour podcast every single day on the weekend Friday, Saturday, Sunday. We got to cover new podcast every single day, and I was very excited. Danny G, who's with me on the Saturday pot, I was very excited. Last night I was like, game, We're gonna get a Game seven between the Celtics and the Knicks. And Monday night I had my whole menu planned out. I don't eat much, but on Monday night I was gonna have a big meal and enjoy a game seven in Boston on TV, sitting on my ass, and that dream ended right around tip off last night.
Speaker 3: Insert buzzer sound effect right here.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a great effort by the Boston Celtics. Their way to compete, boys, way to go out there and fight to the very end. Down by forty one points at one point, there was a right when the I was gonna say when the game started, but really it was like early second quarter that was it. It was turned out the lots the party's over. So does New York Now New York becomes the team?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: They have to the NBA. From a television ratings standpoint, you can't have Indiana and like Oklahoma or Indiana and Denver. Really, combination with Indiana and whoever's left in the West would not be particularly great for TV. So you kind of need the Knicks, right, You need the New York market.
Speaker 4: The other arenas you're not gonna get. Lenny Kravitz and Ben Stiller looking straight into the camera.
Speaker 1: I wanted to puke in my mouth. At the end of the game, Danny they I realized there was nothing to show on the broadcast. Had I had the audio down because Doris Burke was on the broadcast, So when she's on, that's a sign.
Speaker 3: I think that sexist drop sexist.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm just I'm sure she's a lovely lady and she's really good, but for some reason I'd rather listen to nails on the chalkboard than her, So I mute it. So I didn't have the audio up. I know Mike Breen was doing the game and Doris and somebody else, so I didn't have the audio up, but I was watching it, and in the like the last seven to eight minutes of the game, there was more shots of Ben Stiller and Tracy Morgan and Spike Lee and all like that's what they were doing, like to me, And maybe I'm wrong. I don't know. It could be completely the whole card is getting pregnant, Like that's not the real Nick fan. That's like the fake Nick fan. Those aren't the real Nick fans. Anybody's sitting in the front row at Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 4: Well, Tracy Morgan and Ben Stiller at least have been seen at quite a few Knicks games. I don't recall Lenny Kravitz and some of those other celebrities in attendance, though obviously things get ramped up during playoffs.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's like, as Howard Stern mentioned on his his thing the other day, like he he's like, I'm not going to the Knicks games unless I get a front row seat because they assigned the tickets based on your celebrity status. So if you're not in the front row, that means you're deemed a B list celebrity. So you're either A list in the front row or B list in the back.
Speaker 4: But no, like, didn't the podcast could get a spot out with those fans by the corridors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think No, we'd be actually in Penn Station. We'd be underneath Mas the Square Garden. We would be down there cleaning the toilets in the battlem You know, it's like it's like, listen, the New York Nick fan, the die hard fan. That's not that I know whose celebrity people love celebrities don't. I'm over it. I can call me what you want. I'm over it. It's it's annoying to me. But congratulations to the Knicks. They kicked the Tale of the Celtics a total soup to nuts.
Speaker 4: They showed a few celebrities in attendance at your new Clippers arena. During the few the handful of playoff games, you guys were.
Speaker 1: Thinking about it, like the Clippers. I didn't mention the Clippers. You mentioned the Clippers. I didn't bring up the no.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying I know you hate it, but they did show you know, like, who is it the dead corpse of Was she la Verne or Shirley?
Speaker 1: Well, she died several years ago. I dare you, is there anyone? I guess there's maybe one or two people. Actually, Lavernon Shirley was a popular show, like in the seventies, right, the seventies and eighty seventies.
Speaker 4: Probably, Hey, I don't know, because we saw reruns. I think that's the show our parents saw when it was actually on.
Speaker 1: It is odd though that I in the course of my yap of the app career, I got to know Squiggy Dave Lander, who passed away all seasons.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he was a good actor.
Speaker 1: He was a good he loved baseball. He actually worked as a scout for several teams, and I got to know him a little bit in the press box. He was cool. And then, as you mentioned Laverne from Lavernon Shirley, she was a huge basketball fan. And there was an incident Marshall, Yeah, Penny Marshall, But there was an incident at Staples Center where a couple of media guys got in a couple of camera guys got into a dust up. This is back in the Shaq Kobe Laker days, and a couple of camera guys got into a shouting match and we're pushing each other trying to get positioned around Shack's locker waiting for Shack. So there was a bit of a rhubarb in locker room. So we a couple of us came walking out. Oh man, that was quite the fun. And Penny Marshall comes running up to me. She was so excited. She was she thought like the Laker players were fighting with each other, and she was very disappointed to find out. No, it was just a guy from Channel five versus the guy from Channel two that were shoving each other in the locker room because they were trying to get positioned to get the proper camera angle and all that. It was a good Now. The game last night, the Celtics and Knicks, no contest, not much to talk about, not good talk radio, but there were some good sports stories, and it was one of those things like last night, Danny, I was like, man, I would have loved to do the show because there's a lot of meat on the ball and sometimes you come in there and you're just throwing stuff together and you're you're you're doing Ramen noodles, and there was a lot of meat. You had the brock Party contract. Great news for the Rams, great news for the car Awks. I mean, mister irrelevant will turn the forty nine ers into irrelevancy. So good job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fifty three million a year. What he's a thirty million dollar quarterback. He's getting fifty three million dollars.
Speaker 1: The guy that does not elevate his teammates. So good luck. And I'm very happy for Terry and England and you know, so the forty nine er fans or nest though and you guys that love the forty nine ers that are listeners to the show because you enjoy that you got your quarterback. He won't make anyone better.
Speaker 4: And as the roster, what he does do well with what's around him there, he works well in that system.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, he's a good system quarterback. It's good for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a good system quarterback.
Speaker 1: And I gotta tell you, as you know, no animosity Danny for the forty nine er fan, as a RAM fan, I fully endorse this. I think it's great. I think you should have gotten more. I think you should. Why stop it? Was it one hundred and eighty one million or something like that? Why stop there.
Speaker 3: One to eighty one was guaranteed? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really the most the most important part. What else I read the last night there or yesterday was a story that I think it was Adam Schefter said that the NFL is going to ban the tush push this coming week during the owners meetings. I mean, then this is kind of obviously they because they pushed it back. Remember we talked, we all talked about this a couple of weeks back at the owners the owners meetings they had in.
Speaker 3: That's right, and they tabled it.
Speaker 1: They hit the pause by yeah, which is a way of all right, what teams need a favor from the league, We'll get them to vote against the Toush push to kick it out. And uh, I think it's I think it's as dumb to ban the Toush push as it was for Major League Baseball to say you can't do the shift. It's just to me, it's stupid. Find a way.
Speaker 3: It's stupid.
Speaker 4: But I don't think it ever should have been allowed in the first place. Now that it's there, just leave it alone. But it it doesn't make sense with the forward progress of that game. It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just people that are pissed off because they can't do it, because really there's only been a couple of teams that have consistently been able to pull it off, and nobody can do it like the philadelph Eagles can do it.
Speaker 4: Well, you know when I knew it was over though, you're a boy from the Chiefs on defense hurt his neck trying to stop it in the Super Bowl, remember, Yeah, Well, as soon as I saw that injury and I was like, oh, that play is going away.
Speaker 1: The one that did it for me where I thought, well, this is really not going to be around is remember the Washington Philadelphia playoff game where the referees came on because the Commanders kept jumping off sides trying to they were trying.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, yeah, yeah, the dude kept flying in the air on defense off sides every play.
Speaker 3: What do you go like three in a row.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the referee got on the PA system. We can award a score.
Speaker 4: That's right. That was awesome. Imagine do you give a tea None of us knew that either. None of us knew that rule. We were like, that's a weird rule.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So that was a good story. That would have been a monologue on the Overnight Show if I had one last night and then the other one. Your boy, your guy, Danny G's guy, Derek Carr. Who there's some Weasley stuff.
Speaker 3: Guy that ain't my guy.
Speaker 1: There's some Weasley stuff, mo Man Weasley stuff moment.
Speaker 3: How about the rumors that his team talked to two teams.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, retirement. So if you have a debilitating injury that you must retire from the NFL, why are you shopping around trying to go work for some other the.
Speaker 3: I told you this whole thing.
Speaker 4: I told you back when he first announced his injury that it smelled really fishy. I don't think we've seen the last of him. I say he comes back for another team. I just don't see him leaving the NFL like you think he's done. What has he made something like two hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: He's done very well. And I pointed out in a previous the radio show I did a monologue. I put it out, Derek Carr has a role. If you were to assign we love the blame, the blame pie, and if you were to assign blame on how the Raiders ended up leaving Oakland, some of that blame. Now, you'd always just blame politicians, right, and the Davis family whatever. But if you look at the history of stadiums and money and taxpayer money, Derek Carr was the last hope for the Oakland Raiders as a quarterback, and he just wasn't good enough with the Oakland Raiders. If he had been the real deal and the Raiders had actually had success and gone to the Super Bowl, I bet you they get the money and there's still the Oakland Raiders. But you know, he played a role in that anyway. And ultimately, what he thirty, he's gonna be thirty four.
Speaker 4: You know what, Ben I wanted to at least see how that twenty sixteen season would have wound up. He was a different guy and a different player back then that they were twelve and three when he went down with that injury, they were the best in the West and he was on a roll. He definitely would have won at least one playoff game because the Texans stunk in that wild card game and they still were able to beat the Raiders back up to the backup.
Speaker 1: Remember who was the Raiders quarterback in that playoff game, because at the Texans their backup too, right, it was backup versus backup?
Speaker 3: Was that it was the third string Raider quarterback.
Speaker 1: Remember again, was brock Oswiler playing though? Was he?
Speaker 4: Os Wiler is the one that won it for the Texans? Well won it in it loose and it was that Raider rookie. God, I can't even think of his name right now.
Speaker 1: You are how soon we forget that's guy started a playoff game.
Speaker 3: He had no business playing in that game. He looked.
Speaker 4: Remember he kept holding onto the ball too long and the Texans defense was all over them.
Speaker 1: Oh I remember, I remember they were like, what are we watching? Why is this a playoff?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: I think Derrek Carr's entire career changed, obviously from that injury, because he would have made at least a deep run into those playoffs if not gotten that team because they had a good defense, a really good defense that season as well. Every week they went out there, they looked like they were one of the top three teams in the NFL in twenty sixteen. I remember pinching myself. It felt like a weird dream that year. They had sucked so bad in the years, you know, leading up to that one. It's broke, it's broke. He never he never bounced back from that. He was always real fidgety in the pocket. Remember if a shadow got near him after that injury, he would drop down like a sack of potatoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, he was.
Speaker 1: Always like the easy year standard. He wasn't terrible, just you don't. You don't want him in any kind of pressure situation, and you look at the numbers and then you watch the game and it's not it doesn't add up. Like the numbers don't look terrible for Derek Carr most of the time, but when you watch the games, it's like they're not. He's not making plays to win games. He's just kind of.
Speaker 4: He had that makeable fourth down play against the Bengals the last time the Raiders were in the playoffs, and what did he do? He threw the ball away on fourth down.
Speaker 1: Oh, in the back of the end zone if I remember correctly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the short came the pass came up really short, but he had a wide open receiver in the end zone. That was Derek Carr in a nutshell. He at times had the worst field vision, but he was a gamer. I remember other plays and other games where he would look incredible and you would come away from the game like, man, maybe he is a star quarterback. And then there'd be other games where he would throw Philip Rivers type interceptions and you would walk away scratching your head. So he was a really confusing quarterback to try to root for.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like when you were Daton, Danny and the girl that would flirt with the bar. You think, oh, I got a shot here, and then yeah, yeah, oh me, no shot. All right, we're doing wait, too much sporty stuff. So on this podcast we have the wedding crashers. We've got a very special moment. I want to starry this. So last weekend I attended my presence was requested via my wife to attend a wedding for the in laws, and so we traveled.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is where you start doing the conga.
Speaker 1: Well, it was pretty interesting. So we went to beautiful Beaumont, California, which is kind.
Speaker 4: From PanAm Prana from Frano.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of near Palm Springs but not and kind of it's past riverside in southern California.
Speaker 3: It's San Bernardino County. It's out in Styx.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, man. So I I was very excited. I told the wife, I said, listen, we are staying at the top hotel in Beaumont, and actually the only hotel in Beaumont. We spent the night there and it's so beautiful. They actually have vending machines. You can get any variety of Matthe you want, Danny and they've got a f vanding machine right there. So it's really just wonderful.
Speaker 4: But not even eight out of five stars, because it's a super eight.
Speaker 1: So we went out there, got all dulled up, you know, get ready for the big wedding there, getting it all dressed up in the in laws hanging out there. It was a nice wedding at this big they had rented out this mansion. Now, I did not realize there were nice houses there up in the hills. I had no idea. When I think of Beaumont. I think of people all strung out on pharmaceuticals and you know, drugs or whatever. So they had these really nice mansions up in the hills, which I had no idea, and they had rented out this mansion. So we went to the wedding, got all dressed up, and it was it was fine.
Speaker 4: And yeah, this is like when you used to go to diddy parties back in the day.
Speaker 1: You know, you get the baby oil on one side, you know, you're ready to go. So we were. We were there doing our thing, and the gentleman that was getting married into the family, my wife's family. It was a he's a little bit of a mix up, you know, different different background, but he It was like a Greek Latin type wedding, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 3: To you, a Greek Latin fusion pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much. And I was just in for whatever, you know. I was like, hey, open bar. I don't drink much, but I'm in Beaumont, so I'll probably have a couple. So I went out and so it was. It was the kind of a night where a couple of things happened that I will remember for many, many years, including schmoozing before that, they had the wedding. They had the open bar, and it was on this courtyard on the side of this mansion overlooking the hills, and it was really a beautiful setting. The sun was setting and we were all drinking and they had a shark couterie boards out which he and crackers and all that. So I'm wandering around and I'm an introvert, but I'm trying to be polite and talk to people, and people are coming up and asking me stuff whatever. So I'm going around and I knew a few people, some people didn't know.
Speaker 3: Whatever. Are you working sports? Who's gonna win the Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Oh? God, yes, pretty much every conversation. Yeah. So the wife says, oh, yeah, my uncle fell down. He fell down there and he passed out. And I was like, oh, yeah, whatever. So I thought she was just like busting my chops. And then I go walk around the corner through this little courtyard thing. Sure enough, her uncle had fallen over and there were like seven or eight people surrounding the uncle trying to get trying to get him back on his feet. What's wrong? What happened? Is this a medical emergency? Everyone's freaking out, So they take him into the mansion. They put him down there, they've got ice. There's people trying to figure out. Now he wants no parties. He says, I'm fine, I'm fine, screaming. So, uh, you'll get a kick out of this daddy. So it turns out that the will call him the Uncle. He was enjoying the the open bar, and then he went down to the parking lot at the mansion and somebody else at the wedding said, hey, I got some really good weed. You should try something. Well, the Uncle doesn't normally do that. He this saying, I'm just saying, I'm just saying, so the so the uncle, the Uncle ends up again. You're a pretty button up guy. Uh. He had a couple of drinks. He goes does some really uh you know, powerful weed.
Speaker 3: Past strong medicinal. Yes.
Speaker 1: Now keep in mind the people around him, they think he's having a medical he's you know older, you know, he's older than us by a number of years.
Speaker 3: The word medical was involved, but not an emergency.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they everyone they they don't think of him doing anything like that, right, So they think he's having some kind of medical problem. And and so there's there's like a couple of nurses that are there, and it was hilarious, and he knew the whole time what happened, right, he was aware of what happened. And then one of the guys that I I also I'm friendly with, he was the guy that gave him the powerful stuff or whatever. So he couldn't stop laughing. He thought it was the funniest thing in the world, right because everyone he knew, and he told me, and then other people told me. I was like it was, but the the the nurse and the couple of people, the I don't know, more buttoned up people had no idea.
Speaker 3: They had no idea.
Speaker 1: But that was just the warm up day. So this was kind of funny, right, that's like, okay, that's that's pretty that's out of an eighties comedy. And then it gets even better. So we're sitting down at the table and they introduted. Here come the you know, the bride and the groom. You know. The crowd goes wild and then what do you do. You have speeches. You have the the the wedding party, the best man and whatever. They go on there and speak. So the best man gets up there and he's given this heartfelt speech about the guy that's getting married. And you know, I'm just minding my own business. I just want to get the food. We got to wait for the speeches to get the food. Fine, So the best man gets up there and he starts out the speech. I want to tell you about my friend I've known since we were little kids, Saki, right, that's his nickname, Sake Danny hand to guy. After that first time he said Saki. The rest of the speech, he gave this heartfelt, emotional speech about his best friend SUCKI he kept calling him sucky and yes, yes, why I don't know why, I don't know, but like the first time, I thought, well, maybe maybe he made a mistake. And he kept saying sucky instead of socking, and I died Dandy. I could not control myself. He's telling these stories about me and little Sucky in the playing ground. It was the funniest thing. It is one of the great speeches I've ever heard. People talk about the Gettysburg address or I have a dream. This best man I've never heard of, I'll never see him again giving this heartfelt It seemed like it was a two hour speech. It was probably only about six minutes, but It was the funniest thing, and I am trying not to laugh. I'm getting my wife's elbowing me. People at the table are looking at me, and then I'm trying to keep my composure, so I'm looking across the table. Well, the guy I'm looking at across the table, he starts laughing, right, So now we're both cracking up and everyone's looking at U's like, what.
Speaker 3: Are you doing?
Speaker 4: Oh, this is like being at church and you're trying not to laugh with your sibling during the prayer.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was trying to think, you know, when you don't want to laugh, I'm trying to think of like things that are not funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But every time he was just like when you think about baseball during you know what to try to hold one.
Speaker 1: Exactly, you know, hold off the big finish. And so I I could not I could not stop. It was the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. I could not believe what I was hearing it. And it's like it was one of those things. Am I the only person hearing this? Am I in the Twilight Zone episode? And I'm the only one hearing instead of Saki or Saki rather I'm hearing Sucky and it was just it was they were talking about playground stuff, you know, riding bikes around the neighbor, playing video games of Sucky, going you know, dating with SUCKI it.
Speaker 3: Was just unbelievable. It was so good.
Speaker 1: It was a you know what it was. It was a very special moment, Danny, very special moment.
Speaker 4: My god, you and your wife will always refer to it as the Sucky speech.
Speaker 1: It was so it was so great and I have not had a belly laugh like that in a long time. So I do want to I don't know who, I don't know who it was. I want to thank whoever that person was. But that was one of the great speeches of all time.
Speaker 4: Well, we had a family event too. In fact, I just sent two pictures your way so you could see the youngest of the klan and the oldest. So there's baby Koa and you can see that he looks like a kindergartener.
Speaker 1: Wow, he's got the gooby hair going on too. I like that he does.
Speaker 4: So he's in that weird between stage where it's still baby here, but he needs his first haircut. But he's a wild banshee. We know, it's not going to go well at the barber shop, so we're forced to bring him, I think next weekend for his first haircut.
Speaker 3: But you could see how Mammothy is.
Speaker 4: He's twenty one months old and he looks what what would you say if you saw that kid?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looks old. That's the starting left tackle for the Raiders in twenty What are we looking at twenty forty?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then the oldest. He graduated from Cal Lutheran yesterday morning. The family was very proud of him. I'm very proud of him. He is the first to graduate in his family since his grandfather, who was a long time accountant and I believe graduated from UC Irvine, which you know well I do.
Speaker 1: Congratulations. That's great.
Speaker 4: Cal lou famous for the Dallas Cowboys training there during the off season for years. That's one of the reasons why the Cowboys have such a big footprint in southern California.
Speaker 1: Oh, there you go, that's awesome. What was his major sports medicine? Okay, Hey, the Lakers are looking for a trainer. If he wants there, you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the Rams are hiring for positions like that, so maybe he'll join your squad.
Speaker 1: There you go, and the Rams have they're building that massive well. I think it's already built, right, most of it there's.
Speaker 3: In Woodland Hills.
Speaker 4: Now they they built just a couple of pieces of big plan. They are going to spend a billion dollars to make little city inside the city of Woodland Hills, and they're gonna call it the Rams Village.
Speaker 1: I know you're excited about that, Danny, You're gonna be over there. You you take the family out the Ram Village.
Speaker 3: You can ram the village all day, and you can ram the whole village.
Speaker 1: All night, ram it all nights. The nex.
Speaker 4: So, Ben, you think that speech went a long time? Oh my god, these graduation ceremonies, can't they limit it to two speakers? There were probably five or six different speakers. Then there were two speakers after they announced all the kids' names, which takes forever. Everybody is melting in the hot sun there in Thousand Oaks, California. It was the longest thing ever at one point though, And the special moment is not the actual special moment. The special moment is my beautiful wife proving that she's very special. Because above us were two hawks circling.
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 3: What? Just like that, she kept looking up.
Speaker 4: They were talking about, you know, you soaring into your future now that you're a graduate. She's weeping a little bit, and she's like, that's so beautiful. And she looked around and she looked at me and she said, where are the hawk trainers standing?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: These were just two hawks looking for a meal. She thought that there were trainers somewhere there on the campus.
Speaker 1: Grounds, the show hawks. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she thought the school released the hawks and that they were going to come back and land on the person's arm and everybody was going to applaud.
Speaker 1: Now at this point, did she have you jump on top of the child to protect you the kid from the hawks? Of course the kid. Your kid's so big. If you know, you don't have to worry about that. The hawk's not getting the kid.
Speaker 4: He came out the size of a bowling ball, so hot, couldn't have picked them up even when he was a newborn.
Speaker 3: I don't think she was worried.
Speaker 4: I just think she thought it was this beautiful moment that the school put together. And her daughter looked at her and was like, Mom, you are so special. Don't share that story with anybody.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 3: That was a very special moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Auburn football game. Don't they do that at Auburn they release the birds and war eagle and all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not at KL lou for a small ceremony though. I don't think there's hot trainers at the school.
Speaker 1: Oh they don't. They don't do that. They don't mess up, they don't play like that. All right. So I did want to mention before we got a couple of things to get to the I thought this was right in your wheelhouse, Danny. I saw this story and I thought of you. The summer concert season is underway, right, the biggest musical tours of twenty twenty five is. We're into mid May now and get June and July and all the summer months coming up with all the concerts and all that. So they've done a study to reveal the economics behind the biggest music tours of twenty twenty five in the United States, and the music tour that will cost you the most per song on a per song basis. Danny, you want to take a shot here. Yeah, I assume you didn't see this, but take a shot. What do you think the musical tour of this summer that will cost you the most per song?
Speaker 3: All right, Oh, what do you think here? I'm trying to think who's on tour this summer.
Speaker 1: Let's see, it's not Ditty, It is not Diddy.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: I saw something in the news about Lady Gaga having a big tour.
Speaker 3: Beyonce gotta be on that list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not Beyonce the weekend. No, let me give it to you here. It is, okay, Lana del Rey. Lana del Ray the priceiest performer on a person basis. She doesn't eighty three minute show features fifteen tracks on the show. That means that fans pay per song sixteen dollars and two cents for every song at her concert.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, I see. So this is about the amount of songs that the artist does as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah. And they said by time, that's two dollars and ninety cents per minute of the performance, the fourth highest minute by minute rate among major artists. They say that Oasis generates the most revenue per song eight hundred and fifty eight thousand dollars per song, with nightly earnings of seventeen point six seventeen point one six million across the reunion. I imagine that.
Speaker 3: This is the artists then that are like, screw you. You're paying a lot of money to come in here, but I'm not going to do a lot of songs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do the bare minimum. The bug, they say, the budget conscience fan. The best value is Ed Sheeran at less than a dollar per minute, ninety one cents per minute. Usher Usher does it for three dollars and seventy six cents per song. So there's some some value. So I don't know, I haven't been a concert in a while. You go to concerts, Danny's still doing that, or you kind of.
Speaker 3: We did before we had a little kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you're your locker.
Speaker 3: We're kind of stuck at home now.
Speaker 4: But when he gets old enough that we can have a babysitter, we'll go back to some concerts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotcha, all right.
Speaker 1: The word of the week, the word of my guy, Ohio, aw so the word This is in honor of Charlie. Charlie's a kid caller, Danny. He lives in Dallas, he's homeschool. He calls the Overnight show. Charlie.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I've heard Charlie on the air before Yeah.
Speaker 1: This week, Charlie started calling from the bathroom, and so we got what a what an appropriate way to honor Charlie in Dallas than the word of the week being come ode, come ode, I'm going to the come out mode.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I think most of us know that that is a slang way of saying a toilet euphanism for toilet. However, is it true that, despite now meaning toilet, historically, at one point commode was a woman's wig, and at one point it was that of a madame or female pimp. About that. The original word going way way way, way, way, way, way way back. Comode first appeared in English in the late seventeenth century, and it meant a tall headdress or wig built upon a wire frame, and that was a commode. So we're going back a minute to the sixteen hundreds and there's some examples of that, and then if you move forward in time the eighteenth century, come ode also used to mean a female pimp or producer. That I's here it for the female pimp commode. Yeah, So anyway, over time, it's obviously it's obviously changed several times with the connection to toilets began in the eighteen hundreds commode as a toilet, but it actually was taken from a piece of furniture because before it was the toilet. I went out of order here. A commode, before it was known as a toilet, used to refer to a ornate waist high chest of drawers. It was a style of furniture that was in France, so that that was in the seventeen hundred, so sixteen hundreds it was. Originally it was known as a as a wig, then it became a female pimp, then it became then it became a piece of furniture.
Speaker 3: Old new meaning to shitting in your drawers.
Speaker 1: And then finally in the eighteen hundreds it became known as a toilet, and still to this day known as a toilet. So the word all the week, come ode, Come, we get out on that, and Danny, we will be back at it again tomorrow tomorrow. Is there any I don't think there's any NBA game today.
Speaker 4: No, no NBA today. Of course we got the Big Game seven tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sunday's Tomorrow's the big day with the Nuggets and okaysees so nothing else to do? Well, I guess we can go out and live a life. And I'm sure there's some random crap. Oh there's the golf tournament and all that, if you're into that kind of thing. Anyway, have a wonderful day and we'll yap at you with a mail bag. The mail bag tomorrow later, skater my flatous