Speaker 1: Michael said, what and I might be having a baby. It's One More Thing.
Speaker 2: One More Thing. Whoa wow, it's a Katie Green lead One More Thing podcast. Very exciting. As a man who craves.
Speaker 3: Leisure, I appreciate Katie taking. Now I'm here, I will just enjoy all right.
Speaker 1: So for starters, we have received numerous requests to me, at least on Twitter, on Facebook, and also my Instagram for people that are saying that they've always heard Jack, Joe, and myself curse on this podcast, but they've never heard Michael, so they want to hear Michael cuss.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've ever heard Michael curse in real life.
Speaker 1: I don't think I have either.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm sure I have.
Speaker 2: Do you curse, Michael?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean occasionally, I mean not all the time, but.
Speaker 2: They come kicky in the shin. See what you say.
Speaker 1: Well, I'd like for you to pick your flavor and just go for it because the people want it.
Speaker 4: All right. We got damn hell, it's a good one. And then I'm gonna shock you with this racial slur.
Speaker 2: But honky, okay, so Michael is cursed. We've satisfied that meat. We've scratched that itch.
Speaker 3: That's some some, but not a single one that I feel like that's baby curses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Michael, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I am not in favor of this. By the way, if you don't want to hear a part an innocence of spirits Sully him harlots, if it makes you uncomfortable, Oh.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I could do it anytime. But I mean, it's just I just think it's the idea is so silly. But you know, all right, you want me to get a drum roll or something like yes, yes, listen.
Speaker 1: We talked before the show about this, so I made sure I wasn't like crossing any lines.
Speaker 2: I like, okay, okay, what I mean, I like the idea of a drum roll.
Speaker 1: That's let's get let's get like that.
Speaker 4: All right, let me grab a drum roll first. Okay, I think of the dirtiest word I could ever say.
Speaker 2: No, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Just to be clear, those those first three were bullshit, Michael.
Speaker 2: Those were pretty low level.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I'm grabbing the drum roll coming coming.
Speaker 1: This is terrible. I know it's not. Well, then you know here we go, all right, you do the.
Speaker 4: All right here we go.
Speaker 5: Ship, Yes, all right, I made my dad.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: That is some entertainment right there?
Speaker 4: Am I going to the restaurant?
Speaker 1: Throw up?
Speaker 3: Now? Okay, that's part Well, you betrayed everything that makes you you.
Speaker 2: I hope you're pleased prostituting yourself? Like that's how are you going to look your mom in the eye? Do you kiss your mom with that mouth? I can't anymore?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay? Part two Katie.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if I become a little honre at the beginning of May, you guys will know why. I've talked about how I was hoping this year to have a kid and we have decided that the end of May is going to be when it happens. I have a kidney disease that is fifty to fifty percent hereditary, and I've found a doctor who is going to take all the eggs out, genetically test them and find out which ones have the kidney disease and which ones don't. Oh, they can do that, They can do that. Wow, And science is every day. It blows my mind. So they're going to take those eggs. They are going to put Dru's little swimmers in those guys, and then we are going to artificially inseminate, as they say, at the end of May.
Speaker 2: Well, so you don't get to have sex.
Speaker 1: Oh, I get to have sex whenever I want, Jack.
Speaker 2: But not for creation reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't for okay. There are several reasons why that doesn't work for me. Okay, and it all has to do with my health.
Speaker 2: Situation, gotcha, Sure, yeah, enough said.
Speaker 1: But so the fact that the doctor, I'm gonna so at the end of May, I'm going to start taking a medication and for ten days I will be on that medication, and then I will be going into the doctor. They're going to do the procedure where they take the eggs out and then they're going to find the good ones and put one in and freeze the rest, and we're going to try until.
Speaker 2: It takes interesting. Wow, is this the sort of thing Trump was trying to ban?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, damn it Trump. No, it's not. No, but hopefully this time next year I'll be pregnant and cranky.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, maybe quite a bit sooner than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or actually no, I don't math. Well, so I'll probably have a baby by this time next year. If it works.
Speaker 2: Right off the back. I don't know if you're just stating an elephant, but if it's a baby humans jacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. But yeah, wow, the fact that this doctor has the ability to and there are other genetic issues like she she did a test on both Drew and I and he tested, I believe high for muscular dystrophee wow. And I tested high for polycytsic kidney disease, which is what I have. And then uh, something else I can't remember us.
Speaker 2: Does everybody do this now or is this some because you've had health problems like I didn't. We didn't do any of this stuff. But I mean it was fifteen years ago and times change.
Speaker 1: So polycystic kidney disease is a hereditary condition, but no one in my family has it. I'm what's called a mutated gene. Shocking. Uh, And so I decided to go this route because it's a fifty to fifty chance.
Speaker 2: But so why why why did they check your husband? I mean, is it, like my question, is this just routine?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Does everybody do this?
Speaker 1: Well, if you're going to go through genetic testing, they test the partner as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, so did insurance cover this? Or do you pay for it yourself?
Speaker 1: Save saved for a long time.
Speaker 2: Okay, you pay for yourself.
Speaker 1: Interesting, a lot of saving going on here. But they they tested Drew, they tested me, So they're gonna just take all those eggs out and and take his sperm and test everything and find out what's good, what's not, put it together, and then that process starts at the end of me. Wow, And I'm very.
Speaker 3: Excited and and and yeah, well we're excited for you and amazed by the science.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, is that incredible? It is? It is amazing. And since Joe and I have been through the experience, we know that we can count on some real mood swings coming our way. Yes you can, which will be awesome for the radio.
Speaker 1: Oh you got And you know what you guys have been I mean, I've been here for two years, so you guys have been with me through multiple mood swings, and I can only they're gonna get worse.
Speaker 2: Not like pregnancy mood swings.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be hungry and mad, My ankles are going to be swollen.
Speaker 2: We'll be terrified. Yeaied, And I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: Well, imagine, Drew, he's got to live with me, right.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't have to imagine it's sweetheart. I've bought that ticket and taken that ride many times, several times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh yeah, Yeah, that's absolutely fantastic. And we're so pro child around here. That's very, very cool.
Speaker 1: So I was thinking, maybe I can do the whole labor thing on the air, make a whole segment out of it.
Speaker 3: Oh that great radio. Yes, yeah, Facebook Live. So we're pro child. You can tell by how childish we are. We're just trying to you know, right.
Speaker 1: So you guys worked in San Francisco at the same time that I was there on KSFO. Did you guys come into the building after the placenta had been put in the microwave?
Speaker 2: Oh, don't don't recall that story, all right? Oh no, wonder my hot chocolate tasted funny?
Speaker 1: That would be it. So we shared a building with a beautiful rock station based out of San Francisco. In the morning show, there had a dear friend of mine who had a baby, and she decided to bring her placenta into the studio.
Speaker 3: This is where she's gonna make me sick and I don't know why.
Speaker 1: And she brought it because you might have put your hot pocket in there, Joe, that might have been it.
Speaker 2: Why did she bring it in just to show people?
Speaker 1: Or uh no for the show, which is absolutely right along the vein of something I would do. I mean, you know, she brought it in and for whatever reason, the host went, hey, let's cook it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what the what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he stuck it in the microwaves.
Speaker 2: Do this it's a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh somebody on the show took a bite.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're killing me.
Speaker 3: That's so I'm gonna try it.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: I do know that culturally, some cultures do this. It's like very regular.
Speaker 1: This had jack f to do with culture. So basically, the placenta got cooked in the microwave. The higher newsroom and the KSFO studio, Oh my lord, wreaked of whatever the hell that was. I think the show had to purchase a new microwave.
Speaker 2: Wow, so sickening. I think we're not going to do that. I think we do it. Did I dream this? Did we talk about it? Do we actually do? I think we actually buried ours with a tree we planted.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cute. Okay, Jeck's looking at me like it was us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I thought maybe you'd remember me talking about it all. Ye yes, I do.
Speaker 3: That does sound familiar.
Speaker 1: I mean I knew you guys worked together, but yeah, I didn't know you guys were like doing it actually had five beautiful children together.
Speaker 3: I think it's time to, like Katie, come clean about the whole process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Dad, you know this.
Speaker 3: Is why Katie. I won't eat polenta because it sounds too much.
Speaker 2: Like Oh, come one for me, one hundred percent true. I will not eat polenta because it sounds like placenta. It's a grain, no matter, right, I can't do it. That's dumb.
Speaker 3: And I will beef either, because it's just one t away from being that's I have hot dogs. I eat hot dogs if I want.
Speaker 1: That sounds like uranus, which Jack apparently is very close to being able to see.
Speaker 2: Part this is so stupid. Anyway, Well, congratulations. Let's end on that note. Congratulations, and that'll that'll be fun for the show because we get to talk about the whole. You know, if you're if you're lucky, you've been through this before, the whole getting pregnant, being pregnant, having a baby, baby stop for this will be great for years to come. This is like, you know, it's an aging sitcom. We've been doing this for a long time. We need to bring in as somebody with a baby.
Speaker 3: Note see now it's about him, I know, the show out the show, and not about you and beautiful child.
Speaker 2: As you know how much the salespeople are gonna like this, you need a baby stuff.
Speaker 3: I disavow, I disavow.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I will say one thing I'm going to struggle with is I was already at what my mom at there not my mom. I'll leave my mom out of this what my dad and I call a bob, which is a big old bitch. I was two hundred and ten pounds.
Speaker 2: I lost all the weight, that's right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And so getting pregnant is it's gonna be a show. We're gonna have fun with this, guys. I think.
Speaker 2: Your relatable. Yes, it'll all work out, I hope.
Speaker 1: So thanks, thanks dads.
Speaker 2: Probably that is fantastic good news for the show. Oh well, I just avow.
Speaker 4: I was gonna tell the story about getting a tropical fish, but Katie blew.
Speaker 2: That's a lovely fish. So Michael, very graceful and congratulations.
Speaker 4: Well I guess that's it.