Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's a nice shirt.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I've been rocking this shirt this uh team Bishop gopherg shirt.
Speaker 3: Have you washed it?
Speaker 2: I have. I was just saying this song I did the Loft meeting. I was like, this shirt holds up very well. I wear it all the time, and I wash it and it kind of gets even closier and I get stopped now all the time, which is really nice. People are like, where is that shirt from?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, nah, very very nice.
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'm doing all right. I'm doing all right, you know, running around like crazy.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking about moving and I think I am going to move. I'm leaving Los Angeles after seventeen years. Wow, seventeen Yeah, yeah, seventeen years leaving Los Angeles and it's gonna be weird. That's going to be weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like you're the tenth person I've spoken to in the past month that is doing the same thing. Yeah, everybody's moving out.
Speaker 3: Moving from Los Angeles to Woodland Hills.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm going to Calabasas good bye party.
Speaker 3: See now I'm gonna move to a good old Austin Austin. Yeah, man, I was.
Speaker 2: Just in Austin. I'm a big fan, big fan of Austin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see. My daughter was born there. And you know, we're we're gonna figure it out. But what We're still going to bring you the same, the same stuff, the same content, folks. Even though I'm leaving physically, emotionally, spiritually, virtually, I'll be here with you and inside of all of you.
Speaker 2: You know it's true. Actually, I don't know if people listening to this podcast know that, but we have done the podcast from Greece, from Canada, from here in la Is, about to be in Texas.
Speaker 3: We do. Wherever we are, we do wherever we are. About a podcast, Oh yeah, you can always always chit chat from all over the world. I want to do a podcast where we should just invite a different guest from a different country and just have an hour long conversation with a stranger. You never know what you're going to get. They might not speak English, you might not speak the same, you might not speak what.
Speaker 2: Everybody's idea for our podcast yeah, person on the street.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just pick a person and then talk.
Speaker 2: I'm into it, sweet, I feel like you know what we should call it, Like you know when you're like on a plane and you just get sat next to someone. The title is somewhere in there.
Speaker 3: You do you know what that? Because I know you and Zey both fly private, so you can't know who you're sitting next to.
Speaker 2: I will say the first time I ever did fly, but it was with Zoe and was part of this show when we all was the World Series private flight before the one where we went and did Miami sayal to Miami. Yeah, Oh that was fun. I gotta say, I'm I'm very scared of flying. I have it. I fly all the time, but I'm very scared of flying. And everyone was like flying private so cool, and I was like even more terrified.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's going on. Anyways, you're gonna walk to Texas. This is cool. We're figuring out your travel plans.
Speaker 3: No one take a tour bus. Actually, this is a real thing. If there is a company out there that would love to give me a tour bus to take to Texas, I want to do it.
Speaker 2: Bro that's the way to do it. I've done that before.
Speaker 3: To Texas.
Speaker 2: I read it a massive like RV and while well, I think we hit Texas on it, and we did like a big road trip and it was so fun, so great. Oh yeah, it's the vibe. It's it's great and you're gonna do with your daughter. She'll have so much fun too. It's like a little moving house the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Love. He's going to drive and the route drives itself.
Speaker 2: Well. This episode that we're going to recap today's sister, Act three, I can't not say sister.
Speaker 3: I know he's going to be mad though.
Speaker 2: Man, I didn't remember how funny and Camela Blackett wrote.
Speaker 3: It and directed it.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I'll say this before we dive in. I remember how cool it felt for me to see this South Asian director come into the space. Representation matters, y'all.
Speaker 3: I just remember seeing him from all the Broken Lizard stuff that he would do his movies, and then watching like having him come on set. I was like, holy sh what the this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a surreal moment where you're just it was like that. Also, I'll say early on in the show, I don't know if you felt like this because we had a lot of big directors, film directors come and direct episodes. I think because of the Zoe and Jake Kasden, Elis Meriwether like personal relationship. Yeah, but I remember it did feel like okay, here we are doing our job, but also like Loki like kind of auditioning for you guys for your movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Have you worked with any of the directors since No, because it didn't go well. No. I think if anyone's ever cast me in anything, No, No, I don't know. Yeah, I don't think so. I don't think any of the other directors have reached out and said, hey, let me put you in.
Speaker 2: So all those directors of New Girl who we love so much, we're here. Actually that's not true. One has no two for you and one for me, two for me.
Speaker 3: Oh, Trent doesn't count. Trent doesn't count because.
Speaker 2: Caw, we loved Trent so much that we're like, no, even though you put it in THEGIT shows.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, trend doesn't count because Trent is like, he's beyond it.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: He is a bigger than family. He's a part of He's a part of this who I.
Speaker 2: Just sold a show with him, you know that, right, trans the show together. He just sold it. We're working on it and Malmoth is writing. One of the best New Girl writers ever know. Jake kas didn't put you in, Ju MANGI.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah again, Jake doesn't count. These aren't guest directors.
Speaker 2: That's true. Not again, like not part of New Girl family. I guess outside of New Girl Family directors, no one has put in anything, but we're here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Max Winkler, what the f Hey, Max Jay? What the f?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All these people you know, Reggie Hudlind Reginald Hudland directed in episode? Which episode did he direct?
Speaker 2: You got to keep your emmy in the in the in the video. Now you got to sit there and start flexing on these people that don't know.
Speaker 3: Variety posted this thing their top one hundred. I saw this the top the top one hundred television performances characters of all time for the past century. And I was on that list, and Brady too. But I don't get the respect the phone ring once, not once. Nobody congratulated me, you know, And that's okay, you know what I mean. I'll just like take my ball and go home. But like you know, kind of, I got you. We got each other, and that's all that's all that matters. And more importantly, we got the fans, the New Girl fans, the are the ones who you know, who constantly remind us that we're doing the right thing on the right path. That's true, that's right. So let's dive into this episode. Okay, Schmidt and Abby, Well, they move in together, and they can't help but publicly display their affection with some inappropriate licking. She literally licked this man's face, which is gross.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: This causes CC to investigate what Abby is really doing when designing jewelry is really shitty jewelry, and Jess becomes insecure about what phase she and Nick are at. Brilliantly, Jess convinces Nick to move in with her. The couple quickly begins to drive each other insane in the confined space. Unable to communicate their discomfort, the animosity grows until Jess is compelled to lie about a field trip so she can spend the night at a hotel. CC discovers Abby has no ulterior motives, She just makes really bad jewelry. Coach encourages her to confront her feelings for Schmid. Winston reveals Jessic's hotel escape. Nick and Jess decide to return to their original accommodations, but when Abby decides to be independent, Schmidt moves back into the loft and into Jess's room. Dundune done, We'll.
Speaker 4: Be back, and we are back again.
Speaker 3: Camille A. Black Cat wrote this episode. Jay Seandra Shaker directed it. What a dynamic duo. Had a lot of fun recording this one. I didn't once I started watching it, I you know, seeing some of the antics and bits. Then it started popping in my head. I started remembering it and more and more than anything. I remember Abby sitting on Schmidt's lap and licking his face. I remember that part, and it was I just I don't I don't know why I remember that. I just thought it was weird.
Speaker 2: A lick is such an aggressive choice. They could have just like made out for someone, like for some reason, like doing a stage kiss. It feels way less intimate than a lek. Also, you have to understand, like there's makeup on people, and that's what I kept thinking, Like he's got to make up and powder on him, and it's like and they need to keep doing it for every like taken version and you know a camera angle, yep.
Speaker 3: I gotta keep licking all of that foundation off. It'd be funny if like they the more she licked that like darker a guy underneath his face and realized Max has been black this whole time, reveal he's been doing Jewish face.
Speaker 2: Oh man, in a power move, man Abby moves in with Schmidt. Have you have you seen a couple like this before, like a hyper PDA couple.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, one hundred. I see it all the time in public, you know what I mean? And it's it's gross, but but I.
Speaker 2: Get it's gross. It's true kind of is I don't know why to be sweet? They're being affectionate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't know if that lasts very long. It could, and I shouldn't hate on people who who who want to do that to each other's faces. It's just that, Yeah, I'm maybe I'm not a germophobe or anything, but like, if you let me lick your face, how many people you let lick that faces?
Speaker 2: The big questions, big question, A lot of tongues.
Speaker 3: On that cheek. You know it so stupid?
Speaker 2: Gosh, that's sister three. See you guys next week.
Speaker 3: No, is this interesting because this is it's not just about the PDA it. I can understand why CC later on is investigating this because it's a lot, like he's giving her money for these supplies and she's making really terrible jewelry.
Speaker 2: Awful jewelry, Like yeah, like it almost seems like she's doing like an idiot check on him. Yeah that it's so bad.
Speaker 3: It's so bad to the point where he it's literally like causing him to bleed out. Like throughout the I just remember seeing throughout that scene they just kept having to make the stain bigger. Yeah. Yeah, so that's so already I could I could get why we'd be on to abby and it.
Speaker 2: Makes use us. But what's happening with Jess. She's not suspicious, she's feeling insecure.
Speaker 3: Yes, she's She's like.
Speaker 2: They look like this hot, sexy, amazing, passionate couple. And the choices that Jake Johnson made in eating that pancake or waffle or whatever the hell was was so funny. Also, I so hard relate. I don't want people. I don't like it. You know, people are like, Okay, have a fry. I'm like, get your own fries. You have options, order aside right now, like leave me alone. I'm so Nick Miller in that moment, I was like, just back.
Speaker 3: To be here. That's not Nick Miller, that's Jake Johnson.
Speaker 2: That's also a fact. I was like, Oh, he's just decided to be himself in this episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how he eats. I've been out to lunch with him a couple of times, and it's it's shady business. When he sits down to eat, it's not something you want to be around. We have to ask for the private room when we go and eat, just because people don't like he doesn't want people to know how much of a scavenger he is for a pancake.
Speaker 2: Is this part of your podcast Wars? Are you trying to like embed the mess around in the podcast Wars? Because listen, no no beef. I got no beef with Jake.
Speaker 3: No, I got no beef with Jake. I I mean, is he a slob when he eats yet? Do you remember that? Listen. I'm not going to get into it, but I am going to just say I am just going to say he's a monster in restaurant. So like, if the fans are out there, you see him eating, please don't bother him. He'll say, he'll slur you, he'll say something when he's eating. It's not him, just just let him be.
Speaker 2: So kind of you.
Speaker 3: He's a slurer.
Speaker 2: You're a good friend. You're a good friend. So Jess is feeling super insecure, and she says they now need to move in together. That living together and moving in together is a big difference. Yeah, right, m h, which I kind of understood. There is a big difference between me. We're roommates and we live with other people and then we live together. She's not wrong. That is a big step in a relationship. I mean, well, well that's in their situation. It's a bit reduced kill us.
Speaker 3: But well, I mean the reason why I say that is because you lived Typically, if you live with someone, then you live with someone. It's just you two. But if you have roommates, that's a little different, you know, because you're already living together. Who has a separate bedroom. It's not the fifties or whatever people should sleep in different bedrooms they had. It's it's I don't see the I don't see this. My point is I don't see the weirdness in it because you already live together. The only difference now is you're sleeping in the same bed, which you'd normally do. Like, are they are they intimate? With each other and then she gets up and goes and goes to her room or vice versa.
Speaker 2: The question I had when they do that. The funniest reveal ever in this episode of him with his like nightgown the long.
Speaker 3: Shirt, which is again, you know how we say on this show, they they pick and choose some of the real stuff that happens in our life.
Speaker 4: The night shirt.
Speaker 3: That's something that Jake actually wears because his wife. His wife would talk to Liz, they had they were really close and they would have private conversations that she would say she'd be concerned about Jake wearing a night shirt.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: You can float it though, you can float it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can co sign it. He that's that night shirt thing he really wears that he's he's embarrassed about his body.
Speaker 2: This is the question I had, which was what's actually happening that? Like, yeah, are they just sleeping together and then like not falling asleep together and waking up together? Because that does feel weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, if that's what we're learning in this episode, she's not around, like you guys need to learn how to get undressed, get dressed, get into bed, together, kick it, do your thing, and then fall asleep and wake up together. That step should be taken in this relationship. That felt strange, but I don't think that was what the point of this episode was. It was just the way it came together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, but again, I just want to reiterate that's how Jake actually.
Speaker 2: He's like never changed in front of a woman is also.
Speaker 3: Yeah, quite strange. That's strange. He's you know, he's like, when you're naked, you know, usually powerful and it's glorious, but when you change your clothes, you're hunched over and you're gallering like an animal.
Speaker 2: Made me think of that Seinfeld. Wasn't there like a Seinfeld episode about like a girlfriend that was like naked all the time.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But then there's like a bicycle like in the apartment that she goes to change and she's like hunched over, like wrenching like something on the bike and she's coughing, and Jerry's just like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I never watched Seinfeld. I never could never Seinfeld. No friends. I've seen clips and I know what the show is and I heard it's pretty funny, but I've never like sat there and watched.
Speaker 2: It's a good one. I'm a big fan of Marathon Seinfeld. A few times. I like it. I like it a lot.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go to a break. When we come back, we're gonna keep diving into this episode. And we're back from that break, so now let's keep diving into this.
Speaker 2: What a segue?
Speaker 3: I mean they should there should be an award for segue masters, like the people who like like conquered the segue ability. That's me. No one's better ad break ad break and we're black. Okay, So here's what I here's what I love about this and it and we never, we never like expanded on this, the the coach at CC relationship.
Speaker 2: They found their group, they finally found what their dynamic is, which is sisters.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's exactly what I was like, Damon, So Damon has family. They're they're really they're notorious for really playing hilarious women and true and I read he the way. I laughed a lot. And you guys, but don't.
Speaker 2: You feel like, just like you were saying, like Jake wasn't really acting the way he was eating, don't you feel like Damon wasn't really acting when he was doing our dynamic. I was like, this is just Damon getting to go full Damon, just getting to be himself. That also, I've tried to explain this so many times, my natural dynamic with Damon in our friendship. Once again forgot that there's this episode that exists that shows the natural dynamic of our relationship, and he is it's not like brother sister, it is more like sister.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's funny.
Speaker 2: It's so funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm like, is this the only episode that we that we see this dynamic or do we carry this?
Speaker 2: Do find out as we keep watching it. But I remember shooting this episode because it was so fun because we could just be ourselves like Hannah and Damon and the CC Coach dynamic just did that full over inception overlap and we could be ourselves in improv and yes and each other to death. And it was the most fun to shoot, like the chemistry was alive because that's the real dynamic, that's the truth of our relationship.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah, he's so funny.
Speaker 2: He's so funny in these scenes.
Speaker 3: So you guys get together and you you she asks Coach if she can help him, you know, sneak into Schmid's apartment so she can figure out what the hell's going on with Abbey. She needs to find some dirt, and they're they're doing a they're doing a mess around right now. Yeah, yeah, And it was funny. And they're going through the trash, They're going through this, they're going to that and immediately busted. Now, what I found funny about this sad is the fact that Schmid organizes his trash.
Speaker 2: Honestly, When he was like the coffee grounds go and a ziploc bag to keep my trash clean, I was like, this is probably based on truth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody. I mean, well, I could see why you wouldn't want like a sloppy trash can. Like you're trying to take the trash out and the soot and stuff gets everywhere, and it might be a little bit, especially things with an odor. You know, you want to smart.
Speaker 2: He's smart, you know. I will say this. I remember my stepmom used to like if it was like leftover you know, meat or something, whatever it did a throw it in the garbage which sits overnight, or you're going to take it out. She would put it in a bag, tied it up and keep it in the freezer until the morning, where she would take it out and throw it away.
Speaker 3: Oh the garbage pack. You know what Alicia? Did you know my sister Alicia? Yeah, what she did. She came to my house once and cooked fish. I wasn't there. She made it for her and a friend that was there. I come home. All the dishes are clean. She put away all the dishes. Places great, but it reeks, smells of like rotting fish. And I was like, what the hell is going on with the wrappings in the paper that the fish that continue and just left it in a bag open, And then when I asked her about it, she goes, do men ship take the trash out? I'm not taking that out.
Speaker 2: I didn't cook.
Speaker 3: I didn't cook. You cook to yourself. You cooked for herself, left the trash and then tell me it was my fault.
Speaker 2: Because that's amazing.
Speaker 3: What a response do men ship?
Speaker 2: Do men shit?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Look, if she rolled like Schmidt, you would not have that problem because she would have just bagged it up, wrapped it up.
Speaker 3: We need more women. We need more women like Schmidt.
Speaker 2: This is what we're learning. We need more women like Damon, like coach, Coach.
Speaker 3: And Schmidt, Liz, he knows how to create a woman.
Speaker 2: Also, by the way, the way Max chose to come in and just scream treachery whatever, the funny is like, no one could get away with it, Like he h it was so funny.
Speaker 3: And I love how you know immediately once you just your words actually affected him. You just said you should think about it. And he's like, yeah, coach going, you know, it's funny your words. He's like, you look at her words affecting.
Speaker 2: It out loud, fireparts out loud. No funny, what a scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now let's go back to this long shirt again, which is again, man, it's a real thing. It's a real thing. And they're in that they're in their bedroom, they're trying to figure it out. You know, he has all his insecurities for obvious reasons.
Speaker 2: And and that moment, the moment, do you know a moment I'm talking about the most disgusting moment on New Girl history.
Speaker 3: His feet, the feet that's gross and he puts it right by with it where he lays his head normally.
Speaker 2: I know, honestly, I was like, I genuinely was like like I had to like turn my head. I was like, wait, what you know.
Speaker 3: My question for someone like him or that character, well that's Jake too, to be honest. But I see people all the time that are like out and about, like real story. I went hiking with Jake recently. There was a woman climbing, like hiking up the mountain barefoot, right Griffith, the Griffith Hike, the Griffith Trail. She up there barefoot. And I see this all the time at the airport, you know, people walking around barefoot. My question is do you actually take the time when you get home to wash your feet? I'm curious they don't.
Speaker 2: I truly believe that people don't. It's so crazy to me. Yeah, oh it's so gross. And here's here was my thing. I was thinking about how in the previous episode, you know, you had like you had a foot double two and like popping your feet up into into screen. I was like, because there's a lot of people that have interesting relationships with feet, and I wondered, I was like, are those Jake's feet?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Are his real feet that he wanted bear and dirty out there? Like did they have to like mess you know what I mean? Like did you make up and eat them? The gross or did they get like stunted feet, Like, is it Casey's feet or something.
Speaker 3: No, I'll tell you exactly what it was. I remember this day. They were like, it was a last minute bit. They were shooting the scene and it was a last minute bit, and they said, oh, we'll be funny as if we if Jake turned it around and his feet were dirty, and so all he did was turn around and take his socks off and that's what his feet looked like. No, yeah, no, these are I'm to the New Girl friends out there. I only come out. I only come on this show and speak truth to you.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you know, I know it's alive. But that's so funny to float it out there dirty inside your socks. You have nasty feet. That's a commitment to the nasty feet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love though.
Speaker 2: By the way, this is like the magic of New Girl to me sometimes is like that truly is so relatable and a ten tend disgusting. They didn't have to go crazy make a really wild bit. It was just like you wearing this weird nightgown and you've dirty feet, and then that's it. I'm out as a girl. I'm out. I can't do it, won't do it. I got to figure out a solution, and thankfully her sister, like you know, gives her a little gift by telling her of an available hotel room.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, just is like uh.
Speaker 2: As it passed, she wanted to go back into her own room and see if she could figure it out, but Winston had taking it over with a very aggressive crabby workout.
Speaker 3: Arty. Well, here's the thing. Winston is trying to get healthy. He's trying to get in shape for the lapd entrance example, the fitness part, and so he and I remember this too. That was a very fun day shooting, just getting to be silly while working out. If anybody knows me, they know that I am highly trained, highly skilled in the gym. Some would say, as far as actors go, one of the great. Uh So it was good to play in that moment and just be silly in a in a makeshift gym, and the new girl, like again, Camilla crushed it. I was able to play and look like I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: It really showed your range.
Speaker 3: Yeahe crab walk, what that's fun. Let's keep doing that.
Speaker 2: But then they did the flashback. The flashback of like when when he gets pants. I was surprised when he went like Miller and I and then like they're like he giggles, and I was like, that's the meanest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Friends like, you're a bully. Friends didn't, we didn't think of it that way when we were a kids.
Speaker 2: That's what I realized. I was watching and I was like, Oh, I'm just like an old lady now where I'm just like, oh no, that's so mean. But like your best friend would for sure do that to you, and you'd all giggle about it later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It was strange.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 3: It was a strange time back then because it happened to It happened to me.
Speaker 2: No, you really got pants, And you're like, yeah, yeah, when.
Speaker 3: I was a kid kidding me. Friends, Yeah, you're playing basketball, you're running. All of a sudden, your boy just rips your pants down. You just walk, You just run from the three point line to the free throw line, balls out. You know.
Speaker 2: It is yet like the underpants too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole thing, the whole thing calls the whole blackout in the gym, whole gym, get dark, whole gym, did the lights go.
Speaker 4: Out no.
Speaker 2: Way, Yeah, wow, okay, what are the coach? Didn't the coach then be like.
Speaker 3: No, they thought, it's like kids be kids growing up? Like be it what like as opposed to like scolding the kid who did it. It's like, well, look, mourn, what are you going to do in return? Toughing up or toughing up or you know, figure plot your revenge?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? And I love plotting revenge. I love revenge. It's so good.
Speaker 2: You know what my favorite feeling is, I've said this before, justified rage. Yeah, that's my favorite thing. We like, yeah, you pants me now whatever I do to you, I can enjoy plotting because you deserve it. You love some justified rage. Down for it all right. So as Dingling was out, he's now trying to train. He's got to do the rings I guess as part of his entrance fitness exam, which feels very old school.
Speaker 3: But okay, yes, when are you going to be running from a crook or chasing a bad guy you're chasing You're like, I gotta get across these rings.
Speaker 2: Rings you're arrested.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: He asked, what a taser.
Speaker 2: Also have like a full gun I know.
Speaker 3: It's like, but I gotta do this first, and as a copy of work, someone's going to deepants you like my night is out? Okay. Yeah, so Nick is complaining to uh, Nick is complaining to Winston about this, so that she turned his desk into an arts and crafts nook, which makes sense. Fun fact about Zoe. She has an arts and crafts nook in her home. She makes everything by hand. She's like, she genuinely loves creating.
Speaker 2: I remember having to like tie a bow in one scene, and I like, so, I just like tied it, and Zoe was just like, that's not how you tie a bow, and she was very right, and she tied it and looked like this perfect beautiful. The flounce was there. The two little tails made sense. Mine looked like like a you know, I don't know, you did it in the dark backwards. So she has that skill for sure.
Speaker 3: She can tie a bow. I wonder if she can fold a shirt too. That's a technique and people know how to fold you you ever go to the store and the people the shirts up looking looking real crisp. How you do that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I just flapped the arms in and then you just.
Speaker 3: Kind of a pile smell before I put it on. Yeah, everybody's got the chair.
Speaker 2: Everybody's got the chair.
Speaker 3: I got the couch. Now, little couches.
Speaker 2: That's what the Emmy did for you. You move from the chair to the couch.
Speaker 3: Cow. Well, I upgraded my rest spot.
Speaker 2: You're not dirty, but you're not clean. Can we get to the hotel? Can we just jump for a second to this hotel? I think we're almost there.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, So so let's go, but really quick. Okay, they go, and that's right, they go, but they go and they spy on Abby. They convinced Schmidt, so now they're now they're out there. My favorite line at that moment is when he goes Coach goes, let's buster Buster. It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I like how Also Schmidt is constant going like whatever this is. I hate it this dynamic. I hate the fact that you guys get each other now so much, you know what the relationship is and vibe. I hate it so much. I will also say shout out to Hair and Makeup because I was watching it and I was like, man, they really turned out my look for the heist, really committed. I did a movie A couple of seasons later, I did a movie that Tarren kill Him wrote with that crew, and I got to be a assassin. She fults and niggers in it. An assassin, and it reminded me actually of that luck. I was like, Oh, I did that it before, so yeah, shout out to hair and makeup, y'all. They looked real cute and wardrobe. I like that. CC was like, I have an outfit I haven't loved to go and just sit there and crush my ex's new girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. And in your car, which you to fight over because he's trying to leave and you want to stay, and in typical TV fashion, you do the irresponsible thing and fight over the wheel, Yeah, and which you bump into a car. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it feels like everybody would know that was gonna happen. You can't have two people yanking on a wheel with the foot on the pedal. What is going on?
Speaker 3: It happened to me when I was a kid. I was in the on the backseat of the car. My aunt was driving, and her friend was in the front seat, and my aunt was I think she he was like about to merge or something, and her friend saw another car coming, so she yanked the wheel, which she yanked it. We flew off the ramp and hit another car or something like that. Forget what happened, but it was was pretty brutal. Got pretty banged up back there. Yeah, yep, oh yeah, those were the days. Yeah, thank god for self driving cars now because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, the world's such a better place.
Speaker 3: You don't mind? Did today mine? I saw that my my my rearview mirror was getting close. I parked in this close, in the tight spot. But I got in the spot so I know I can get out of the spot. As I'm backing up, I'm like, oh, it's a little close. Let me let me stop, turn the wheel and start adjustings. I'm trying not to hit the car to the right side the guy parked close to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: As I put my foot on the brake, it does an additional like bolt backwards and goes. It just moves on its own and smashes my rear view. Oh no, this happened today.
Speaker 2: Oh no.
Speaker 3: I was like, on that break, I did not do this. I was like, what the hell just happened? Yeah, So elone, we got to talk, bro.
Speaker 2: Talk a whole bunch of things you'd like to talk about.
Speaker 3: Number one thought.
Speaker 2: My car parking situation. You have five minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's clean up the waists at Tesla. We got to fix that bro.
Speaker 4: Alright.
Speaker 2: So they get into a car accident. They're all kerfuffled.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm they are, but then they catch But then Abby comes out of the building. You know, they're a little worried because there's like, you know what Schmidt calls hobos and we call unhoused folks, and you know, you and Schmidt together calling people hoboes, I thought was ridiculous. Hannah improvising hobos.
Speaker 2: As scripted, show the.
Speaker 3: Receipts and uh come and Abbey comes out and to her, you guys are surprised. She actually has a box of zippers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which this guy like zippers and meth is crack.
Speaker 4: He really likes crack.
Speaker 3: The best still zippers, and he really likes crack. But then you turn around and your car is stolen. If you're unhoused, if you steal somebody's car, it should after that point be okay for me to call you a.
Speaker 2: Hobo because of the theft.
Speaker 3: Because you stole it. I can't be like I gotta respect, you know, not you stole it your hobo old school stick with a bindle. So when this one is weird, we go to the beach, you know, Santa Monica the rings. They have these famous rings in Santa Monica, and Schmidt or Winston is training on the rings and the little boy walks up.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, this moment, and he.
Speaker 3: Starts yelling at the little boy because he's having a weird moment where he's like, you know, he scarred from his childhood and he thinks this little boy is going to depants him. My question is, as he's on the rings, why is this little boy walking up to him?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It is a weird sight. There's somehow there's nobody else at this beach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just the little boys parents.
Speaker 2: You're just all by yourself walking up to a man just hanging and dangling on the rings.
Speaker 3: Was he looking for candy?
Speaker 2: I don't know. The whole thing felt a bit strange. There need to be more people and more reason to what was happening. Yeah, but you played the fear well because at a moment I was like, this kid's gonna each this guy's pants down, for sure.
Speaker 3: Like what else is he doing that? But I love that Winston went and told on him. He said, you guys gotta fix this truancy situation.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's what I'm saying. I think we've missed somehow, we've missed just going to the hotel. We did because that's when they see each other, right when he sees jazz. Can we talk about it? Because it's my favorite thing in the world. I remember watching this scene. It's funny, don't remember a lot about this episode, but I remember watching this scene when it aired, and I was like every I feel like human can relate to the freedom of being like either home all by yourself or in a hotel room all by yourself. There's something great about a hotel room thocause you know, a room service and all the things. It was such like a great montage of all the things. You'll do a good cry. Everybody needs a good cry. A wild room like a room service order, just a wild one.
Speaker 3: Just wonder what's your wild room service? Order a cookie?
Speaker 2: I always get a burger and fries. Yeah, but then I'll be like an aside of spaghetti, a side of spaghetti, but you have spaghetti of spaghetti. It's like it's like I'm going to like a little like black hole where I'm like nothing matters, it doesn't, nothing counts, can do whatever I want.
Speaker 3: Huh right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember going for a work thing for a new girl and I was in New York and I stated some hotel and it was like the Gordon Ramsey was the one who like it was like his restaurant. And I was like, oh, I'll have the burger and fries and the end of the burger and fries and it was something like sixty nine dollars or something crazy for burger and fries.
Speaker 3: I was like, what Gordon Ramsey? Ramsey and it was okay. The man drives a two million dollar car for sure.
Speaker 2: Off burgers and fries in room service at this hotel. I was like, damn much, looking how much is burgers costs?
Speaker 3: Oh, we should try my burgers and my brisket is world famous, world famous brisket.
Speaker 2: I love that montage anyway, I want to say it out loud. I loved it. I loved watching it. It was like all the wonderful things, all the ups and downs, the roller coaster, the freedom she felt that she has lost now that Nick and his dirty feet are in her room. I loved it. But then yeah, she gets caught. She gets caught.
Speaker 3: That's right by way, by a future copy, a future cop.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 3: If you don't get caught, you do not you do not want to get caught by an officer of the law because that their job is to uphold it. So he couldn't keep that secret in me.
Speaker 2: He's not a copy yet.
Speaker 3: But yes, but you know he's playing the part. You know what I mean, You gotta you gotta dress whether you gotta dress for success, right, you know what I mean, you gotta dress with the part that you want to have. So so you know, she she got busted by the wrong person. So there are two people on the show who can't keep a secret. Nick and Winston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the reveal that you do to Nick about the truth of where Jess is is so funny. And the fact that you're like, now I feel so much better after you just like fully betrayed your friend, is he?
Speaker 3: And another moment that is really funny when when Nick is putting his garbage pail Kids cards into a box.
Speaker 2: I love the garbage pail Kids back in the day.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, fun fact. And I just found this out not too long ago. About the garbage pail kids. There's one of them. I forget his name, but he has very snotty nose. I think a lot of the mass ninety was like a really snotty nose, real ugly face. That one was. So when Jake was a kid, he modeled for garbage pail Kids and they made a card. That's why they put it in here. So like so Jake can get residuals from his CARDUF, you.
Speaker 2: Are really we're in it now, huh. It's now. This is gonna be a three way war.
Speaker 3: It was just a fact. I don't I don't do the whole like you know, I mean fake stuff for sure. I don't do that fake. This ain't Kendrick and Drake that's all fake. This is real. This is real. Yeah, I know it's fake. I spoke to Kendrick the other day and he was like, oh, this is just for money, and I was like, oh cool. I spoke to Drake and he was like, I'm not a pedophile. I was like, I know, I hope and then they was like yeah, He's like, but you know, I got paid to Kendrick allegedly paid Drake one hundred MILLI dollars to do that.
Speaker 2: This would be amazing if this somehow it just takes its own life on Reddit, you know how things get pulled out of full context and then it becomes legitimized just by repetition. You're about to just embed yourself in so many wars right now.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, No, I think it's a real beef. I know it's a real beef, but it's real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, real is messy for CC, let's talk about easy for a sec. Because her sister coach basically said, like, what's really going on? M hm, And it feels like you got some feeling that's going on for Schmidt and you should talk about it because it's coming out in weird words, girl, And that's what they did. They went and she went and talked to him. It's a very sweet scene. I think I remember shooting that scene. So it's nice when it was just Max on myself sometimes and it got to be like it wasn't like a big joke scene. You just sit there and like sit in the feeling and the emotion of the thing. Those are always nice days. And they had like a real sweet moment and then he gives her a cough drop.
Speaker 3: Bracelet, which we've all had before.
Speaker 2: Just I mean, I got to give it to her for her like inventive nature. I've never seen one of those before. Even if it's idiots, there would be a market because people like things that are weird.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, you got those candy bracelets that people used to have.
Speaker 2: Oh they were delicious.
Speaker 3: The necklaces, yeah, just not not not any with health benefits like the one she soothe of throat, you know what I mean. Yeah, So a lot of a lot of a lot of moments here.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, can I say.
Speaker 3: One more thing?
Speaker 2: That was so funny and so great and also such a smart moment and I've never seen it in the show before. Again, New Girl Magic was then. So Nick knows that Jess was lying about the hotel and then thinks to the catcher and she does the most amazing job with her story and it's the greatest, like how are you this girl?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: And it's so great because it's those things. There's so much formula and comedy, so much formula. So you think, Okay, now he knows the truth, he's gonna catch her. She's gonna say something funnier. There's gonna be a joke in her like because he tries to catch her in the lie, right, like what was your room number? What floor were you on? Doing like those things that like triple check a lie and most people can't do it. And it's so funny that they didn't go for the formula. They didn't do the easy catch, the easy joke, and it's just smarter and better. I was like, man, that was such a beautiful end to it, and so like in the New Girl world of how they how they would write their jokes.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I love how you tried to get her caught up on the floor. It's like, what room were you in? Five twenty three? What is what floor is that? It's like five? So when you walk up to the fourth floor, five.
Speaker 2: Fifth, Yes, but it's so smart. Yeah, I don't know any man who could lie that fast, by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But then Winston reveals Nick's secret immediately afterwards, and he goes, well, Nick's miserable, too true, And it forces them to look inside of each other. They've been inside of each other, but they've never looked inside of each other, you know. And they have a moment and they figure things out. Jess and Abby. They're having their their moment, heart big, big, big heart to Heart just tells Abby, you know that she actually just went to the hotel by herself, and you know, and that Abby's a you know, she travels all over the world and takes lovers and all this stuff. And they're letting each other know that the grass is not always greener on the other side, which it's not, because I've been all over the world and I've taken lovers all over the world. But there's nothing like settling down at home with dirty feet in a long.
Speaker 2: Based on you is this was this the Lomourne story. This is the lomourn episode.
Speaker 3: I been a lot of it, A lot of it's I mean, I mean me and Camilla were pretty close, so she probably took from my life, you know.
Speaker 2: I think what's interesting. I feel like the big like goal they had in this episode was how do they get Schmidt back in the loft?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It's one of those It was a weird season. A lot of things happened all over the place, and I think they realized they need that dynamic of them all living together. That was the core of the show. That's what people love to see on the show and having Schmidt out of the law for this long. The bit was it was fine, it was interesting, but it wasn't the funniest version of how stories can go. So they had to figure out how to get him back in, and I thought it was interesting and sweet how they chose to do it, which is Abby leaves him because she's had this, like, you know, light bulb moment with her sister that she needs to kind of take a minute for herself and be alone and see what she wants. And Schmidt is now broke and can't afford his solo apartment anymore because he did Lisa a store front for three years or something insane and they took all the cash up front or something, and he is now broke and needs to come back into his room, which leaves everybody back together, which is what I think they needed to do.
Speaker 3: Back in the loft, back in the loft where they all belong. So that's it. That's it for that episode. Let's go to a quick break. When come back, I feel like messing around a little bit, babe. Yeah, babe, you got any crazy moving stories?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I feel like all my moving stories were crazy. Yeah, because I'm a procrastinator by nature. So on like every single level, like the decision to like move countries, I would make it like, you know, a week before. Oh, and then I'd have a whole apartment or something to pack up and figure out. It was always frenzied. It was always out of control.
Speaker 3: But because you're rich, no, this is what.
Speaker 2: I was very broke and I'll never forget. Also, I felt like I was broken always like a little clueless, because I'd be like, I got to move in it. People would show up and friends would come up and they'd move and everything. And I remember one friend, by the way, I love people who were like have like bold faced honesty. I love it. You can't offend me. If you're telling the truth, you cannot offend me. I love it so much. And I remember my friend he was like, you gotta like order some pizza and go to the corner, like get some beer for everybody. I was like what, Because it's like what you do when people come and your friends come and help pack up your apartment so you can move Hannah. I was like, oh, okay, I've never done it before. And I was like, no, whatever, asked me.
Speaker 3: I thought they did it because I'm pretty.
Speaker 2: Why they were doing at the time, but I honestly didn't know. And it's all like I was going and moving people's apartments. I hadn't seen the protocol with my own two eyeballs. I didn't know all of these guys would show up and help me move my apartment. And I was like, oh, all right, then I'll never forget what a friend gay. So I think maybe that's where he was just sort of like, I need to talk to you right now because I'm here for the view. These are very handsome men that are helping you move your apartment. You should feed them and they should give them something to drink, and you should pay for it. And I was like, oh, yeah, I gotta got it. Yeah. I had a lot of crazy moving stories over the years, moving different countries, different places, last minute, but it always excited me. I have a zero fear of change or moving to a new country or diving into a new world, so it was always exciting and I didn't like mind the panic around it. I loved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't. I don't have you you have a.
Speaker 2: Lot even a million times since I've known you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I used to move every year. I used to literally switched apartments every year. I never stayed in an apartment longer than a year. And and it was just it was a couple of things. One, when I was initially doing it, I was down sizing or trying to fig because I was going broke, so I was trying to figure out ways to afford the place so I would spend less money on the apartments. Then I started making more money when I started doing a tonic commercials and I got myself out of debt and all this stuff, and so I started, you know, upgrading my places, and every year a benchmark when they would raise the rent, I would go, if you're going to raise the rent for this place, I was just gonna get a better place.
Speaker 2: That's smart.
Speaker 3: And I would keep doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why pay more for the same, that's very set.
Speaker 3: So I started owning, you know, and moving was I knew that. I knew that rule already. My friends would help me move and I would just cover food and stuff like that. And my moves were only crazy because just like you, as a procrastinator, and initially I wouldn't have movers. I would just kind of put stuff in bags and then just toss it in a car and then like get to the new apartment and have it all over the floor. You know, it took a good month before I organized everything.
Speaker 2: I do remember once moving across campus at UBC and Vancouver, holding a fish tank with my fish in it, thank and like the sun roof being opened in like a tree like out of it, like every cliche of like a university move, like could have taken the fish out and just put him in like a little jar for like the five minute drive could have emptied out the tank. What are we doing?
Speaker 3: That's the only reason why I never went to a big university. What am I gonna do with my fish?
Speaker 2: Well, we could do with my fish.
Speaker 3: That's why I didn't tell me.
Speaker 2: I got wet. I got like a fish water wet. It was not worth it. It was a mistake. Okay, what's the biggest adjustment you've had to make while living with a partner.
Speaker 3: For me, it was I because I only lived with a partner for about six months and I moved in with her. I was on New Girl and I had sold my house, but I hadn't found another place yet. So while I was looking for another house, she was just like, let's just i'll stay with you. So I stayed with her. And the biggest adjustment it's like, what so I live, you know, I have you know, I don't have a significant other right now that I share a space with. So I can be as dirty as I want, as clean as I want. And my place is pretty clean. But like if I if I eat something and I put a dish in the sink, I know that it's mine. I did it, and I'll come clean it tomorrow, sure, you know. And every other week, you know, cleaning lady comes and she you know, does her thing. But I keep it generally fairly clean. But if I leave my underwear on the floor in the bathroom, they're going to stay there until I pick them up. Sure, I learned quickly you can't do that when you stay with somebody else. Sure I can't just leave my dirty draws on her floor in her bathroom, you know what I mean. So I had to learn quickly that, oh someone's letting you stay with them, you should probably like immediately clean up after yourself. So and because you're sharing that space, things like make the bed often, I was like, I'll make it after I go.
Speaker 4: I get home.
Speaker 2: I don't care yeh, bed maker. I just would like to say this out loud. I'm not I'm not the person who like gets out of bed whatever. These like one hundred habits of a successful CEO. Make your bed every morning, start your day right. And I know some people that works for them, So happy for you. It's happy for you, not for me. I don't care get out of my bed. Then I get dive back in and pull the covers on, and I'm sitting there being like it's not made no crazy. I will say, socks on the floor within inches of a laundry basket make me lose my mind. Yeah, that does make me lose Why it makes me crazy? I'm like, just put them there. It's the one touch rule, which I've learned is like a real thing, which is like if you, let's say, you bring a package in, like open it and then put it where it's supposed to go, whatever the thing is inside the package as supposed to like leaving the box there at say, like opening it up, taking it out of the box. The box is still there now just next to the box, then like it. The one touch rule makes so much sense to me, which is like if you take your socks off, just put them in the laundry basket. Why the floor then the laundry basket.
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, for me, and I think probably for most men, what we do in our socks is we ball them up and we try to and we're not as good as we think we are, so we miss often and you don't want to go and pick it up. After that, You're like, I don't want to get my own I don't get my own rebounds.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So you're like a call Rodman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, called Dennis. Hey, can you get here cleaning socks up? Jump into the flat department? Right?
Speaker 2: Okay? Can guy friends be like sisters? Yes?
Speaker 3: What does that mean? Can guy friends? What does that mean? Can guy friends be? Like?
Speaker 2: It's a different dynamic between sisters than there is between a sister and a brother and then two brothers.
Speaker 3: So you're saying, can a guy and a girl be like sisters?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can your guy friend be like, you're more like a sister too than a brother to you?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Why I call it a sister when I just call it a friend because.
Speaker 2: It's a different energetic feeling sisterhood versus than like a brotherhood. I mean, I do feel like what you're saying is actually like it. I've never understood like the urge that people have to like have to categorize and label everything. You're my friend, this is our dynamic. That's my friend, that's our dynamic is different. I get it. So, yes, you don't have to call them he's like a sister. They might not like it, but it might feel that way to you. That feels good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The moment he starts talking about his period, that's where you start.
Speaker 2: To go, oh, that's a witty the bitch situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see, Whinny is different. Winston can be like a sister. The man had sympathy PMS.
Speaker 2: That's right on the side.
Speaker 3: It's in a cycle. Well, that answers to that question, you know. Glad we could solve all the burning questions for the fans out there and answer some of these things that I've been on your mind, like can guy friends be like sisters?
Speaker 2: It's called sister, I mean, this is the name of the episode.
Speaker 3: We had to go there, sister sister three, sister three. Uh, Well that's it, folks. That is the end of this episode. Really funny. A lot of cool moments from this one. Yeah, thank you for listening. Hannah? What a what a shirt you're wearing? Can can you tell? Can you tell the fans out.
Speaker 2: There sitting here watching as we record this, and a lot of people watch this on the YouTube or on our ig the mess around hood they watch the clips, is that I'm.
Speaker 3: The worst model because your hair is covering the shirt.
Speaker 2: For our for our line that we design have merged because I've got this very u Indian hair, this long hit the care to cover? Sure, so I do this? Does this help? Is this what professional models do?
Speaker 3: Is this? Like? Yes, Hannah, you are a professional model? So are you acting like you don't know?
Speaker 2: Wear your hair like a scarf?
Speaker 3: If I had hair like that, I probably would. No, I'd probably wear it in a ponytail the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm really but sure right now? Okay, guy, this is the shirt. It's so cute, it's so great. We made it for you. Love let it to you. Check it out at the mess around pod dot com. Don't forget you. Email us at the Messarround Pod at gmail dot com. Any questions you have thoughts about your guy friends that are like your sister more than your brother, We want to know and we will be back next week with episode three.
Speaker 3: Nineteen Fire it Up, peace y'all.
Speaker 2: That was the mess around. In iHeartMedia production.
Speaker 3: Our executive producer is Joel Monique. Our senior producer is Abu Zafar Bei Wang provided engineering and editing.
Speaker 2: Services, additional production from Daniel Goodman, Wendy Heisler, and Yle Schevron. Our theme song was written and composed by Ronald Jukebox Jackson.
Speaker 3: Catch here Next time. Bye h