Speaker 1: If your football team had one option in their playbook, the results probably wouldn't be great. The same could be said for your investments. Cibo index options like SPX and xsp can help expand your investing strategies with cash settlement and potential tax advantages. If you're ready for a more dynamic game plan, head to Better with Options dot Com. Cebo life is better with options, Your investments.
Speaker 2: Could be too.
Speaker 1: There are risks associated with Cibo company products. Review the disclosures and disclaimers at cbo dot com slash us Underscore disclaimers.
Speaker 3: Welcome in episode one seventy nine What's Right with Nick Wright, and this episode of What's Right is brought to you by the McDonald's app. Ordering on the app is so easy. I love the McDonald's app. I can order my favorites anytime I want, have them delivered to me wherever and ever, and it really is as easy as it sounds.
Speaker 2: So easy.
Speaker 3: I'm going to place in order right now. We did this last week as well, and here we go.
Speaker 2: Let me open it up.
Speaker 3: I'm me turn this down on my phone so you guys can hear me doing it. Last week I went with two breakfast burritos, hash browns and orange juice. Today, I am going to go with, you know, an old standard. Let's just go sausage McMuffin, sausage, you know, sausage, biscuit, hash browns, orange juice, done and done, delivered a trintage and hopefully we'll have that before the end of the show. See how easy that was. Now focus on the show while McDonald's brings the food right to my door. One of these days, we'll have it delivered to Demonsa in Los Angeles. That day, however, is not today on today's show, our week three gambling show. Yeah, fresh off winning week for that young man, winning week for this not quite as young man, and I'm feeling great about the late You know, I am in demons A picks competition with.
Speaker 2: Last year. Oh okay, no, so it's different.
Speaker 3: So so I'm in. In fact, let's just do this real quick, because I meant to last week say why I was not giving out survivor picks on this year A show, And the answer is because I am. Yes, I'm in that survivor contest I was in last year, where you know, there's twenty thousand people in it for twenty five bucks an entry and first prize like half a million bucks. That's not the one I'm focused on, though. I'm in the Circa Survivor contest Circa Casino in l In Vegas. It's one thousand dollars an entry. There are ten entries maximum. It's a nine million dollar prize because there were nine thousand entries, okay, nine thousand injuries to start the year. Me and a buddy spl it the maximum entries ten entries, so we're so it's not like I have five hes five. We have ten, and we kind of try to hive mind.
Speaker 2: It through two weeks.
Speaker 3: Of the original nine thousand entries, there are six thousand remaining, So already a third of the field has been lopped off. Of our ten injuries. How many do you think are remaining.
Speaker 2: I'd give it nine ten.
Speaker 3: Maybe let's go ten, let's go full ten. So we've we I we've got a full ten remaining, and we have used already on multiple entries Atlanta, Washington. In fact, let me let me just pull up, because this part is public. Let me let me pull up. Who so far we have used in our injuries three on Tampa, one on Atlanta, two on Washington three last week on the Giants in the comeback. We have great teams remaining. Now, the Circus Survivor Contest is unique because Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day are their own weeks. So this Thanksgiving and Christmas, there's only three games each day, so you have to make sure you're planning out that you have good teams. So, for instance, just a little note, this week, the Chiefs and the Cowboys are both twelve plus point favorites, but a lot of people are gonna want to save the Cowboys for Thanksgiving and the Chiefs for Christmas. So there's a lot of strategy. But that's why I'm not giving out Survivor picks this year because we're talking real money and people, you know, once we get late in the year, I don't want people to be able to try to get, you know, game out where I'm going with it. So that is so last week was great gambling week. We had the live bet that we talked about on Tuesday. So all that we're going to get to the our picks in the B block of the show. Demonse had a great teaser last week that won with relative ease. We'll get to all that, but before we get to that, we need to get to the stories of the day. Here's what missed the cut. Kareem Hunt returning to Cleveland, Jerry Jones telling Mike McCarthy to take a bow, and Jason Kelsey jokingly confirms the rumors about his brother Travis dating Taylor Swift. It is not for the show, demanse, but I broke that news. I guess it kind of is for the show. To your mother this morning, that that Travis might be dating. No, you nailed it, she No, you tried to know your honest instant reaction. You know, you you might know your mother better than me, and I mean, you've known her for ten years longer, so I suppose maybe it's fair. But the she instantly got upset and wanted to come on the show to discuss it. But her feelings on it were so strong. Yeah, really, I was like, you know, I'm not sure if it's safe for air. She was really upset about that. Maybe if she moderates a bit, we can discuss it on a future pod or if it becomes officially official. All right, let's get to the show. What are we starting with today?
Speaker 2: All right, it's night the forty nine Ers play the Giants with no Saquan your Super Bowl pick in the NFC, Dallas plays the frisky Arizona Cardinals, and your Chiefs play the Bears. There are a bunch of other easy games this week Indian Baltimore, Buffalo at Washington. To mind, if the if the favorites always win, betting would be super easy, So teams are bound to get upset. Who do you think is gonna be upset this weekend?
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't think Dallas or the Chiefs are real upset candidates, But what I will say is the and we're gonna talk about the Bears later in this segments. You see the Justin Fields news. I actually think that the Fields press conference might bode well for his performance this week, but we'll talk about that after I answer this question. I I don't you know, Buffalo at an undefeated Washington team that has played well coming off of stirring victory. I don't consider that an easy game.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't consider that like a walk in the park game that but that Washington defense is legit. Sam Howell, I gotta give him credit, played great in the second half last week, and the other game that really jumps out to me is the Dolphins and the Broncos. So the Broncos have fallen apart in the second half of these games. But this is a kitchen sinks try to save the season game for Sean Payton. It's a maybe try to save his career as a starter game for Russell Wilson. I think that Dolphins defense can get got and so that to me is an interesting spot with Miami and Denver. But the one I want to talk about is the game that's tonight the forty nine Ers in the Giants. That is a ten and a half point spread for a Giants team that it because there's no Saquon is just gonna have to lean on your guy Daniel Jones against that Niners defense. And this is a real litmus test game. Not can he win because the Niners are better, but can he look competent? So I want to ask you, how confident are you that your guy Daniel Jones can just look baseline competent against this Niners defense.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not super confident. I mean they haven't played two super good teams. I mean the Cowboys are obviously good, but a yep, I think it's I think it's gonna be a fourteen point loss.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm taking well, that might show up in Nick's picks the Giants and Niners for tonight, So I don't want to spend too much more time on it because you and I might be on other sides of that one. But if I had to pick a trap, Indy Baltimore is too hard to discuss right now because we don't know if Anthony Richardson's playing, and I know he's a rookie, but he gives you more upside than Gardner does. Buffalo Washington, Yeah, Lamar has been excellent or was excellent week two? Uh, Buffalo Washington and Miami Denver are two that I have a little let's take an extra beat looking at those games. I like the fact that the producers didn't even include as a possible trap game Jacksonville and the Texans. They just know that I'm not gonna give any even the slightest consideration that the Jags could falter to the Texans.
Speaker 2: All right, next, All right, it's Week two and the Chicago Bears are already looking a hot mess. The defensive coordinator resigned out of nowhere yesterday. Justin Fields blamed his robotic play on the coaching staff. You can probably cash her under seven and a half ticket already.
Speaker 3: H you got about that bet. What a great preseason wager by me. And you weren't on that show. Uh, we're you were not on the preseason game. You we did. You had gave her exact show exactly the initial show. My logic on the Bears were was very simple that if they went seven and ten, it would be a great season. They'd be thrilled with and the under would still hit. Right now, Bears fans would crawl across shattered glass if you told him they were gonna go seven and ten, they would be thrilled with that. I forgot I made that bet. What a great bet. Go ahead all right?
Speaker 2: So in your opinion, do you think Fields is redeemable or is this all over?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: I do think he's redeemable. I think that Fields the I know you're gonna laugh at me, but he was such a great high school and collegiate player, and he has so many great physical tools that I'm not gonna just throw him out. I'm not gonna just say okay, the guy can't play.
Speaker 2: Now they are doing right now? What inverse? Like? Oh, he was super good in high school. In college, he sucks in the pros, so I gotta give him a chance. But the guy high school in college and does good in the NFL. Oh, I've got to see more. I've got I need more, David, But I get it. I see it. Yes, I'm gonna harp on that every time it comes up.
Speaker 3: By the way, that's fine, That's totally fine. But at least I'm consistent that logical tree flows.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, it does, it does.
Speaker 3: You're right, and obviously right now, it's not as if because of Justin Field's high school and collegiate resume, I am then going to say I'm gonna say he's better than brock Party right now, He's not better than Brock Party. Do I in my heart of hearts, if you were to tell me one of these two quarterbacks is going to one day be excellent, I would pick fields. But if you were to ask me one of these two quarterbacks is going to be washed out and a total button Party can't really be a bus but you understand what I mean, like not even be a starting quarterback in this league in three years. I would also pick fields for that, Like to me, the because of his play in the pros. We have to open up the possibility that he's not gonna translate to this level. I also did not think he was trying to throw his coaches under the bus. Even if he was throwing his coaches under the bus, the reality to me in Chicago is very simple. He is not being coached well and he is playing terribly, and then you are there are certain things that are flatly on coaching. There's a great clip going around the internet of the three plays that led to the goal line pick six that ended the Bucks game that the Chicago Bears called an inside screen to the running back on first down. It was unsuccessful, but Tampa was off sides, so now they have first and five. They lined up in the same formation and called an inside screen to the running back again, same formation, same play. It was successful, but there was a holding penalty, so now they got Now they're in first down for a third straight time. They ran an inside screen to the running back out of that formation for a third play in a row, and it got picked and Tampa's defense after the game was asked about it and said, yeah, it was really easy. They kept running the same play out of the same formation so we knew what was coming. That's coaching. That is flatly coaching. Now there's another clip of fields in the first half having a clean pocket right around the red zone with res we were running wide open into the end zone down the sea, and he just doesn't see it, drops his eyes and runs and takes a sack. So he has not been good. The coaching has not been good. What is true, in my opinion, is they are because they want him to develop as a pocket passer. They are leaning too far away from what makes him dangerous, which is the fact that he is as good of a running thread at the quarterback position as we have ever seen. And if they let that continue to be his fastball while making defenses afraid of that first, the passing game will be easier. But he also must be better in the passing game. Fact the matter is, though the Bears had the number one pick of the draft, traded it away because they believe in fields. So they need to ride with justin fields obviously, and try to figure this out. Now, what I will say is now, the thing with the decordinator seems to be not football related. We don't know what happened there, and there was some misinformation going on on the internet yesterday. I don't know what happened there. That obviously hurts them for this weekend, but it's not a football story, at least at the time being far.
Speaker 2: We know.
Speaker 3: Fields talking about getting more to what he's comfortable with, not thinking too much, not being robotic. I think potentially could help him this weekend for Kansas City. I think that as a Chiefs fan, I wanted them to change nothing. The fact that it looks like he might try to go back to just doing what's natural for him will give him more of a fighting chance. But that Chiefs defense is legit.
Speaker 2: Go ahead. I think it's gonna be a pretty pretty decent game. Got two quarterbacks struggling to throw the ball right now, shoot Lake even out?
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, next, just let's just move on to the next top.
Speaker 2: Former Chiefs former chief former Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Vietneme was passed up for a head coaching job in the last two seasons. BN me is now what in Washington and Sam Howe is two and zero and they just put up thirty five in Denver. Meanwhile, the Chiefs lost lost their offensive coordinator and they've struggled a bit. You've also thought bne Me deserved a head coaching job. Do you think it's time for the rest of the league to admit that they've missed out in the enemy? I hate my last name. I'm sorry, that's all right.
Speaker 3: Here's what I find interesting now. He is getting some credit in the media for what Washington is doing, and he deserves it. Probably more credit than he's getting, but he deserves it. Sam Howell has looked good and the hanging thirty five on that Denver defense and an eighteen point comeback and howl dropping dimes. He deserves credit for that. I still think he's getting slighted a bit in this regard last year when Josh Allen struggled what the general media consensus was, Uh, he misses Brian Dabele. He misses Brian Abele. The Chiefs offense has not looked sharp through two weeks. No one has said, oh, they miss Eric Benemy. You know, so I still feel like he's only getting half the credit he deserves.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Am I concerned about the Chiefs because he's gone. Not in the long term. I Angreid and Mahomes and Matt Nagy's there they'll figure it out. But I do think that it is it is at least somewhat related that the enemy's gone and the offense doesn't look as sharp. Also think that his best path to being a head coach. It's a weird spot because he kind of needs Washington to falter, because his best path might be they fire Ron Rivera and then higher, you know, give him the promotion from within. But if they fire Ron Rivera, that's probably because Washington's offense has faltered, because I think that defense is legit. So he's in a weird spot. But through two weeks. And I made this point before and I'll just make it again very quickly. Here, uh the fact that if we just want to go to the Mahomes era, right, since Mahomes has been a starting quarterback in this league, the teams and they're off and they're coordinators that have gotten head coaching jobs that were in the Super Bowl, Right, So the Patriots had Flores and pardon me, Flores and Josh McDaniel, they're the coordinators. They both get head coaching jobs eventually, the Rams there they had that year in the twenty nineteen Super Bowl or twenty eighteen season, twenty nineteen, Brandon Staley's the DC. I don't even I think Zach Taylor's the OC. They both get head coaching jobs. The next year. For the Chiefs, it's Eric b Enemy and Steve Spagnolo. Now Spagnolo already had been a head coach and got fired. He's a kind of a DC forever now, so he set him aside. B Enemy doesn't get it. The Niners defensive coordinators, Robert sala he gets a head coaching job. The offensive coordinators Mike McDaniel, he gets a head coaching job, his protege on the on the defensive side for the Niners, by the way, to Miko Ryans, he also got a head coaching job.
Speaker 2: Tampa.
Speaker 3: Their coordinators don't get head coaching jobs. They're black coordinators. The Chiefs are in that Super Bowl. Obviously we talked about it there. The Rams. Then it's Kevin O'Connell. He gets a head coaching job Cincinnati. The who's the Zach Taylor who came from Sean McVay. He's now the Bengals head coach. And the Eagles both their coordinators get head coaching jobs. So it did seem wildly unfair and I stand by all of that, and I think the early returns are showing why the enemy should have gotten a longer look or a fairer look than he was getting. I understand it's early, but that's where I landed on it then, and that's where I land on it now.
Speaker 2: All right, next, well said, all right? On Tuesday, EU teams that you wanted to talk about Dion and Colorado University. Since then, Dion said his kids will be returning to Colorado next season. If there a season continues, why would he return to Colorado next year? All right?
Speaker 3: So here's the deal on that. So Caleb is gonna go number one in this draft no matter what. Shador is right now projected to be the third or fourth quarterback taken. So everybody has Caleb number one. Most people have Drake may number two. Then there's debate bo Nicks who he plays this week, Shadoor, you ares the kid at Texas. Those are the other guys in the three four five ring. The difference in money between being the number one pick of the draft number one pick of this last year's draft, Bryce Young got five years forty million fully guaranteed. The number ten pick got five years twenty million fully guaranteed Shador has a real chance to be the number one pick of the following year's draft. You then add this fact part to it, which is a new element. Joel Klapp brought the up on the herd, and he's correct. How much money can Shoudoor Sanders make next year at Colorado? Could he make ten million dollars in nil money? That's what Joel said. I think he's right. I think Shador might actually be able to make more money coming back for college in his unique situation, and then also improve his draft stock. So because of that, I think it is a unique spot. Now, it doesn't mean he definitely should come back, and guys can get hurt and there are different things that could happen.
Speaker 2: But I don't think.
Speaker 3: It's unreasonable to say you come back, give yourself a chance to be the number one pick and make the money anyway, and then also have a much larger starting NFL contract. It might be the best thing for his development as a player and for his finances. So in that regard, there it is. We're in a brave new world of college athletics and what it makes sense for you guys to do. We're not to do. All right, what are the follow ups here?
Speaker 2: Uh? Do you think they can beat Oregon this week without Travis Hunter? And then okay, hold on before get listen.
Speaker 3: They're twenty one point dogs for a reason. I do think it's worth noting Colorado has played poorly or underachieved, if you will, in one game this year. That was the game they were a huge favorite. When they were a massive dog to TCU. They played great when it was a pick them against their two point line. Against Nebraska, they rolled them. So I think being an underdog suits them. Oregon deserves to be favored. Oregon's at home, Oregon has the better roster, and uh, Colorado is without it's you know, other than should or it's best player, number one, another number one kid in high school, Travis Hunter. With that said, Oregon's not great at all defensively. Now, could I see like these next two Colorado games could be games they score thirty five points and lose the Colorado USC game next week or you know, in ten days that honestly could be sixty three to forty five. Like I don't think Colorado could get one stop on USC, but I don't know, and I think USC could get a few on Colorado. So what I do think is that this is an opportunity for Shador to be on the same field as Bo Nicks, a future NFL player, and Caleb Williams, a future superstar, and see how he measures up. All right, what's the next one?
Speaker 2: Dion ranked his kids and said, all parents secretly do this? Is this true?
Speaker 3: What do you think.
Speaker 2: You know? I'm just kind of hoping that we're parenting to some standard. I don't want to put that on you. I don't think you do that. I don't think you guys do that. You have it? What's what's the what's the hierarchy? Go ahead and tell it. Give me the list right now, let's do it.
Speaker 3: So it's fluid. It's listen, we love you all the same, but like, like right now, Deanna's in last place. It's just a pain.
Speaker 2: Of me as she's the only one that's there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, maybe that's why. Maybe that's why, uh the there there was a period of like.
Speaker 2: Period of time that I was last. I mean, I know.
Speaker 3: Last, everyone's been last at different times the but there's like if you'd asked me this Monday, Diora was number one with a bullet on Monday, I just dropped her off the college. I was so proud of her. All of these things. You owed me money. There's a lot of things going on. You asked me this right now, this moment. You were excellent on the pod Tuesday, Diora did not call me back yesterday when she promised she would. You're in first place, and I mean, it just is what it is. Deanna, on the other hand, on Tuesday after school, Tuesday came home from school, had a little mini meltdown because she left her chromebook at school so she couldn't do her homework. She was panicked, I have to do better. I have to be more organized. I know I'm gonna do better. Wednesday after school has her chromebook. Is so proud. I say, okay, let's do the project we couldn't do Tuesday left the project at school so last place.
Speaker 2: Well, was that an even bigger meltdown? Or I mean, if.
Speaker 3: You're on YouTube, you can appreciate this. For the audio listeners, it's not a great but it's just the like.
Speaker 4: I know it's here, I know, I checked, I know it's here. I put my folder in my backpack in my locker, but I didn't have it.
Speaker 3: In the folder. Obviously you had in the folder. Dianna, can you email my teacher and tell im it's not my fault, it is your fault. I'm not emailing your teacher and so and then and then if she had any any grace with your mother. This morning, she's getting ready for school. Dianna's tenth birthday is in two weeks. She's getting ready for school, and she's wearing some outfit your mother does not think is appropriate for the weather. And your mom says, you know you cannot wear that. You have to wear this. And Deanna looks your mom in her eye and says, okay, mommy, but can we agree when I turned ten, you're gonna let me pick out my own clothes. Guess how that went? Not great? So yeah, last place she can. She can move back up the rankings. But right, and yes, all parents love their kids the same, but as far as how they feel about them in any moments, they're ranked right now. Right now, it's oldest and Youngest demonte Diordiana Gambling Show next, What's Right.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roeblas, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion. And Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: All Right, welcome back in What's Right with Nick? Right in this episode of What's Right with Nick Wright is brought to you by the McDonald's App. How many times you've been in that situation where you've had a really long day, you're really hungry. Last thing you want to do is cook a meal, or leave your house or to go pick something up. I don't want to exaggerate, but I've been there hundreds of times, and my saving grace has been the McDelivery option. In the McDonald's app. We're talking about getting McDonald's delivered right to your door, just like this. Earlier in the show, right when we were starting, Thank you so much, Jake, I ordered the McDonald's breakfast as I did last week. It's already here. It is helpful that the McDonald's up the street. But this is perfect. I've got my hash brown, I've got my biscuit. It's all right here. And I don't know the McDonald's orange juice. I understand. It's not like they make it. It's the minute made orange juice. But it's delicious. And now every time you order the McDelivery in the McDonald's app, it earns you points towards free food. Who doesn't like free food? So there's always a reason to order in the McDonald's app. Download the McDonald's app today. At participating McDonald's delivery, prices may be higher than at restaurants. Delivery and other fees may apply. Copyright twenty two twenty three McDonald's. All right, so we're back to the show, Week three, Gambling show. I so last week what I was when I was at the top of the show, when I was talking about the survivor thing, what I was going to say was, I'm also in a picks pool with a phil helm youth got me in it with a bunch of professional gamblers, poker players, other people and it's last week. Hand to God in the picks pool, and this is so frustrating. I went eight and two. Those two losses were five were two of the five games that I picked for this show, and they were two of the three I picked on television. So last week I picked eight out of ten winners, but on this show three out of five and on TV one out of three, which is maddening. Now, with that said, so we'll go true. With that said, what I will admit is some of these were slightly fortunate winners, but it was a winning week. Tampa Bay minus two and a half against Chicago. I don't want to say there was never a doubt there, but they Tampa didn't even need the late pick six for that one. The Giants minus six against Arizona. There was a period where it looked like that was alive for a push, when it looked like that game might go to overtime. Obviously, they won by field goal, since downty minus three against Baltimore was bad bet this terrible process, terrible job by me. The Rams plus seven and a half against the Niners. Sean McVay that field goal at the end, love you, buddy. That was a hell of that was pretty damn lucky. I'm not gonna lie. And then the Steelers plus two and a half against Cleveland they won outright, and they were trailing in the fourth quarter and had negative fourth quarter yards and won. Anyway, We'll get to Demons's winning teaser in just a moment, but I feel great about our picks this week. I like that we kind of steadied the ship with a winning week three and two, so that would be plus point eight units, which means on the year, I'm gonna I'm down. What am I down? I'm down a full you No, I'm down. Hold on, yeah, I'm down half a unit on the year. So that's not bad five and five because we got to do the big all right, Demanse, what's my first bet?
Speaker 2: Your first bet is the Giants plus ten and a half at San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's tonight. So I know Daniel Jones is one and eleven in his career and Thursday night games also, that's a lot of Thursday Night games for Daniel Jones. That's like two a year. That's a crazy amount. But I don't need him to win outright, I need him to cover. And he's nineteen and eight against the spread on the road or in neutral sites in his career, and oddly he's the most profitable quarterback in the last four years on short rest. Also, these Thursday night games are almost always sloppy, poorly played games. The last Thursday night game we saw Eagles Vikings. There were five fumbles in that game. If you're giving me double digit points for any team with a pulse on a Thursday night, I'm gonna take it. And I don't think this is the type of game San Francisco looks at like, oh, we're trying to, you know, run up the score. San Francisco is looking at this as we have let's get out of here with a win and then we have a mini buy leading into an actual buye. And by an actual buye, I mean a home game against the Cardinals before they play one of the biggest games of the year against Dallas on Sunday Night Football and Week five. So I and I'm gonna go ahead and plant my flag on this. I think brock Party turns it over tonight. And I know the Giants have no Saquan and I know they they don't have their left tackle, but I think that they're they're gonna be able to move the ball somewhat, and so I like the Giants to cover the ten and a half In this spot, where do you stand them? I will I know where you stand. You told me you liked the Niners to win by two scores because all of a sudden, you're a big brock party guy, not a huge.
Speaker 2: Rock party guy. But the Giants don't look good. That was really funny what you said. I think Brock Party will turn the ball over tonight. That's just crazy when that's like, those are the hopes. I think that he'll finally turn the ball over. That's just crazy. He's just makes he just doesn't make enough mistakes. I just think that's a very cool thing that you're looking for him to make a pick. Patrick Mahomes has, like what two on the season right now is too. This isn't about Pat Mahomes. I do love that guy. He's really good. But it's it's got something going on, right Rick Mahomes. But yeah, yes, yeah, I mean I will greatness, But yeah.
Speaker 3: I understanding it.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, next, you got Denver plus six and a half at Miami. Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Miami's defense has not been impressive to me this year. The Chargers hung thirty four on them, and now the defense stepped up at the very end of that game and got the you know up to in the waning moments and got a sack on Herbert forced and intentional grounding and won the game. But over the bulk of that game, the defense wasn't great. I didn'tink the defense looked great against mac Jones, letting Mac Jones. I don't want to say slice and dice them, but kind of dink and dunk them to a degree. This is a must win game for Denver. Last week was and they blew it. I don't know that they win, but I think they could win. And I think that this is a kitchen sink game for Debt, and I think they keep it.
Speaker 2: I get the point in there's like at the point in their season there and there's a lot of doubts, but like calling it a must win when they're six and a half point underdogs, it's just like it's crazy.
Speaker 3: So I understand what you're saying like that that you usually there in a tough spots where correct, right, But at owen three they're done. Because here's the problem for the Broncos. The Broncos are at Own. If they lose this week, they're at Owen three and yes, next week they have the Bears, but then here are their next five home for the Jets. Sounds easy except for the fact it's the Nat Hackett revenge game and every Jet will be peak motivated for that spot. Then on a short week on Thursday at Kansas City, then home for the Packers, who are good. Then against the Chiefs again, then they're bye week, and then at Buffalo. So if you fall to zero and three and you have two games against Kansas City and against the Bills in your next six plus Packers, Jets, Bears, you're just your best case scenario. Best case is that you're three and six through nine, Like they have to win this week if they want to have Sean Payton said, you know, I'm gonna be pissed if we don't make the playoffs. Playoff hope's dead if they lose this week, and so here are some numbers for you. Russ is fourteen to four and one against spread on two game losing streak. I don't really actually care that much about that because he's different player now. Sean Payton as an underdog. Only Mike Tomlin better amongst active coaches fifty thirty and two against the spread. Sharps are with me on this. Not surprisingly, Miami has been the second best team against the spread since Tua got there. I think that that sounds impressive, but I think that is flipping in this regard. The reason Miami had been so good against the spread early on in Tua's time is because nobody believed in Tua. Now seemingly everyone believes in Tua, and it's reflected in this point spread. So it because that So it is to me, I to a had been, you know, a guy who printed against the spread, But now people believe in Miami, and so I, like Denver in this spot plus six and a half, I think they absolutely could win out right.
Speaker 2: Next, you got New England minus two and a half at the Jets. Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: That the Patriots have won fourteen consecutive games against the Jets. Fourteen consecutive games against the Jets. Zach Wilson, who's been bad against everyone. The worst opponent, he's the opponent that has given him the most fits is the Patriots. He has a passer rating of fifty and a completion percentage of fifty against New England. Mac is Well, listen, all these stats are going to talk about the Patriots owning the Jets. Now, they have not covered the spread the last few years against the Jets, but we're now talking about a spread of less than a field goal. So the Patriots have won without covering. That's very hard to do as a two and a half point favorite. Now, could it be a seventeen to sixteen game? I suppose. I think more likely is a seventeen to ten game. And the Payton Now this would you agree to Monsey? Is an absolute must win for the Patriots. If they want to have any hope of making the postseason, they have to win. And so I just the the Jets. They've beaten the Jets. That continues. Of course, it is really miserable. It's it's gonna be a terrible football game. But I like the Patriots a lot there. All right?
Speaker 2: Next, are you got Jacksonville minus eight and a half versus Houston?
Speaker 3: All right? Every single note the producers gave me on this is bad for Jacksonville. Fifth worst against the spread under Trevor Lawrence Peterson twenty four and thirty against the spread as a favorite. Week three road dogs cover sixty three percent of the time in the last few years. Houston's the sharpest play of the week with forty three the bets and eighty four percent of the money. So why am I picking them? Here's why Right now people are late to this party. The Chiefs have a great defense and that is affecting how they feel about the Jags. The Jags were supposed to be carried by their offense, but we just saw a game where they couldn't score a touchdown against what people think is a mediocre defense. It's not a mediocre defense. It's a great defense. And because of that, people are doubting the Jags ability to go beat a Texans team by two scorers they are at home. They also, I hate to sound cliche, this isn't a must win, but it's must win adjacent. If you're Jacksonville, your home game against the Texans is a game you've got to have if you're gonna be, you know, not only win the division, but potentially be you know, a top two seed in the AFC. Trevor absolutely will bounce back. The Texans have injuries on their offensive line and then their secondary. CJ. Stroud was excellent last week for three hundred and eighty yards. I expect, you know, he's a rookie quarterback. I expect that to go up and down. I think this is something along the lines of twenty seven to ten, thirty four to seventeen. This is a game. I don't do these bets, but an I might this week. An alternate line for the Jags, like the Jags minus sixteen and a half might be a play that I make for this game. The Jags minus eight and a half, I love it.
Speaker 2: Last one, you got Pittsburgh plus two and a half at the Raiders.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm just gonna keep riding Pittsburgh until the general public catches up.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Week one, they obviously got rolled. That's fine. But if you're gonna continue to give me Mike Tomlin catching points against poorly coached teams with quarterbacks, I don't trust. I'm gonna do it now. That didn't Week one. It's not a poorly coach team. It was a quarterback. I didn't and they got annihilated.
Speaker 2: So be it.
Speaker 3: Week two, the Browns, Stefanski and to Shawn, you gave me points with Pittsburgh. I took it and now I get Josh McDaniel and Jimmy g Of course I'm gonna take it. I'm gonna add something to it. I don't think Pittsburgh's offense is good, there's no argument to make that it's good. However, they did go up against two excellent defenses. The Niners have a great defense. The Browns have a very very good defense. Against the Raiders, it's gonna be the first time all year it feels like that they're not up against an excellent defensive unit. The Raiders' second best defensive player is on leave from the team as he's dealing with things. The Raiders let the Bills roll all over them last week. I'm catching points, and yeah, like listen, Tomlin's the most profitable coach in the NFL as a dog, pickets five and zero against the spread and night games. I don't really care about that, but it's noteworthy. And so I understand that Jimmy Garoppolo has a bunch of great covering stats. Those are not Jimmy Garoppolo stats. Those are San Francisco forty nine ers and Kyle Shanahan's stats. Just like Purty's got all those stats right now too, Those are not brock Purty stets. Those are San Francisco forty nine ers and Kyle Shanahan's stats. So I like Pittsburgh and I like Pittsburgh to win out right next Oh well, we'll do a recap. That's all the picks. So I've got the Giants catching ten and a half at tonight against San Francisco, Denver catching six and a half at Miami, the Patriots laying two and a half against the at the Jets, Jags laying eight and a half at a home against Houston, and Pittsburgh plus two and a half at the Raiders. We have four road teams. I'm alright with it. Three dogs, two favorites, only one big favorite. All right, demon's your teaser. Last week it was a seven point three team teaser plus one twenty Take us through it, my man.
Speaker 2: All right, First, we had the Rams plus fourteen and a half versus San Francisco. That cleared pretty well, that really.
Speaker 3: Was never in doubt, and there was a point in the second half they were down fourteen, but and they ended up obviously they got the late the field goal. But this was a good example demonse of those half points and key numbers potentially mattering. It didn't in this specific case, but it could have. That was a great, great pick. Go ahead, next, Baltimore plus ten at Cincinnati. I was I think there was almost never a doubt with this one either. Yeah, never a doubt, no question about it. And then the last one.
Speaker 2: And then we got Jacksonville plus ten and a half versus Kansas City. That one was the one that I was the most on the edge of my seat for. Kind of came down to the very last.
Speaker 3: Covering the entire game. Yes, frustrating is had you lost that one, it would have been a bad beat because you were covering the entire game. And then yeah, almost you almost lost by eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just get it down at the offensive the end of the game, right, yep.
Speaker 3: All right, So let's hear your one for this week.
Speaker 2: All right, So this week's teaser one and one. Now, let's try to halt up to two and one. We got a three team seven point teaser. We got a couple teams from last week's teaser in there. We're teasing the Ravens from minus one and a half to from minus eight and a half, from minus eight and a half to one and a half, sorry, Daniel, and then Chargers two plus six to minus one I mean minus one to plus six, and then Jaggs to minus eight and a half to minus one and a half. I know there's some things there that are gonna flag, but I trust my process with these.
Speaker 3: So I'm not gonna flag too much of this. Actually, So here's the thing. What I am going to encourage you on is to consider demons making this a six point teaser. So here's so, here's why I'm saying it. The Ravens like you, instead of being plus one twenty, you can get plus one forty and you still tease the Jags and the Ravens to under three. You understand what I'm saying. Right now, you have the Ravens minus one and a half and the Jags minus one and a half. You can get them both just minus two and a half. Now the Chargers one, instead of getting plus six, you would only be getting plus five. Yeah, and so it's I I'm not really gonna fly. I give this teaser an a minus. Yes, you're correct. I don't love teasing across the zero. And if one of these things screws you, I think it would be the Chargers that would just because the Chargers are not a trustworthy team and the Vikings have shown the ability to score points. But you know what, I actually take back my own advice because the plus six with the Chargers could be valuable because they they are such a cursed team. You absolutely could see them losing in overtime again on a Justin Jefferson touchdown, and you know what I mean, all of a sudden, it's six in overtime and then at least you get to push there. This is not a bad one.
Speaker 2: Weirdly enough, I just still trust the Chargers more than I trust the Vikings. I think that they have the better quarterback, the better defense. They've also you said that the Vikings have shown the ability to put points on the board, but show some of the Chargers. It's like, I think, I just trust the Chargers to beat the Vikings in this game. But we'll see. I mean, obviously I'm getting six, so I don't think they're gonna blow them out.
Speaker 3: The So listen the I think there's a pretty solid teaser, can I Now? I made a real a teaser in real life that I didn't want to tell you about until right now.
Speaker 2: Let's hear it.
Speaker 3: Uh so this is this is not a sharp bet. I'm saying that on the front end. Uh it is a four team ten point teaser. So four team ten point those pay debt even money also on those and this is important, pushes lose. You push one leg of it, you lose the bet. Okay, so yours A push just reduces it from a three teamer to a two teamer. But this is a vintage and for me, the I'm not worried about the fact that pushes lose because all of these bets end on a half point, so it's impossible for it to push, you know what I mean, like none of my legs actually it can push. But here is is the four team ten point teaser. I am teasing the Chiefs and the Cowboys, both of them down to minus two and a half from twelve and a half point favorites. I am teasing the Jags from they were when I made it minus nine and a half down to plus a half point, meaning the Jags just to win. And I am teasing the Patriots up to plus seven and a half. So it's a four team ten point teaser where the Patriots have to win or lose by a touchdown or less. The Jags have to win outright or I guess tie. They were to go to overtime and tie. The plus a half point gets me a victory there, and then the Chiefs and the Cowboys both have to win by at least a field goal. That's a four team, ten point even money teaser. That is my second teaser of the year. I placed one in week one that was a disaster. Let me look at what it was. Hold on, let me click my settle bets. Oh when I click settled bets, I see that twenty one k winner. Pay me. Oh. The six point teaser I did in week one was I teased the Commanders to minus one against the Cardinals. That was a winner, the Packers to plus seven and a half against the Bears, that was a winner. They won outright. And the Steelers to plus eight and a half against the fighting brock Parties. They lost by a thousand points.
Speaker 2: So nicks picks or Demons's teasers? Then, confused, we're given teasers.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know what, you know what, that's a good point. All right, let's go let's head to the casino.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, all right, we're heading back to the casino. This week with the offer, Uh, we're going to Well, first off, let's take a look at how we did last week on the slot machine.
Speaker 3: All right, the money line NFC East parlay the Giants to beat the Cardinals and the Cowboys to beat the Jets. So it's the Bills minus two and a half against the Raiders, the Chief minus two and a half against the Jags, and Washington to beat the Broncos. Outright, it's plus four sixty Anthony Richardson running it in nine to one first touchdown score props. Let's go ahead and do that. We don't even need to worry about anything else. How about that? Was that was off the dome went three? And oh that Anthony Richardson one was pretty great?
Speaker 2: What are you laughing about that? That was very solid? You're off the dome references?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm saying I didn't prep it, and I said last week, I was like, maybe I should have No, I know, you know what it means. But the what the I said last week that maybe I should have prepped for that, But I had such success that I'm gonna do it blind again this week. So we're gonna go to the slot machine. You tell me the type of the bet and then I'll see if I can figure it out. All right, slot machine?
Speaker 2: All right, pull the lever bang. What do we have here?
Speaker 3: Tomorrow's sake?
Speaker 2: We got our prop for the AFC West and the double unit bet. You gotta bet more money than you would usually bet. Sorry, well that I.
Speaker 3: Don't I don't know that I agree to that idea prop bet. You're forcing me to bet multiple units, But fine, I'll play along. So my possible options are for an AFC West prop bet is, Oh, hold on, I've got a great one. A Steeler's Raiders prop bet. Hold on a second, here, tell me there's a a Jimmy g Will he throw an interception? Prop bet? There's gotta be because then I can hold on, where are some Jimmy g Uh? I'm gonna find it real quick quick. I don't want quick bets. I don't want first quarter. This is why I said I should have prepped these so people don't have to listen to this stuff. But I can't believe I can't find a Jimmy G Willy throw an interception. This should just be any all right, then we're off that one. So if we're not doing Raiders Steelers a Chiefs Bears prop. Oh, and it's a two unit one.
Speaker 2: Chief spar Yo. You should bet bet for Justin Fields to run for more than sixty yards.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not gonna do that. I don't know if you've heard me say, this is the Chiefs of a great defense. Jimmy Jimmy g interception is minus one twenty five. I'm told all right, I'm not taking that anymore. I don't want to lay negative money. I am going to bet. Oh, this is you know what a two unit prop bet. I'm gonna and Daniel you can tell me the odds on it.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I'm going to bet Isaiah Pachecko anytime touchdown score. That's the bet. Isaiah Pacheco hasn't scored a touchdown yet this year. He's gonna get in against the Bears. Isaiah Pichecko anytime touchdown scorer that is, And we can fill in the audience on what the odds are on it. That's my two unit AFC Westrop bet. Next, well, let's go back to the slot machine.
Speaker 2: Let me till that lever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, back to the slot machine. Sorry, I'm throwing a lot of things at the producers, all right, I'm pulling the lever being all right, what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Tomasey against the spread NFC South and a dog.
Speaker 3: All right, So my options there are Atlanta plus three, New Orleans plus two, Carolina plus six, and Tampa plus four and a half. I am going to go now. This is the this is the I'm missing a point of line value because this was five and a half. But the Eagles don't blow people out on the road, and that Eagles past defense can get got and Baker's been playing great. Tampa plus four and a half is my against the spread NFC South dog. I thought about the Falcons, and the Falcons are an interesting one, but they're at Detroit and they're only catching three and a half. And if it becomes a shootout, Ritter cannot hang in a shootout. Bjon's of it unbelievable as expected. I don't believe the Saints are gonna beat the Packers, and I'm not laying points. I'm not laying I'm not betting on the Panthers in Seattle. So yeah, so I like Tampa plus four and a half. I liked it more at five and a half against Philly on Monday night. All right, last one back to the slot machine machine. Let's go ahead and pull that lever.
Speaker 2: Let's take it. Let's see all right, all right, so we got moneyline AFC North and a parlay.
Speaker 3: Okay, well part of half. That's easy because we're obviously gonna take the Steelers to win out right at the Raiders. My other NFC North teams that I could take the Ravens outright against the Colts. No, I'm not doing it. I'm just not. I'm just not because I don't think they beat the Colts. But it's just dumb to involve myself in this.
Speaker 2: We know.
Speaker 3: But no, I already said I'm doing Pittsburgh, but I'm not doing the Ravens or the Ravens cult until we know who their quarterback is. For the Colts, I'm the same thing with Cincinnati. I'm not doing that until we know who their quarterback is. So then the obvious answer is fading the Browns. So there we go Vrabel believing in Vrabel of Vrabel plus one fifty six and the Titans and the Steelers plus one twenty six. That plays that pays plus four eighty. So there's my AFC North parlay. If we if we go three and oh on these again, this might just become the total format of the gambling show. I might throw out all my prep all my hard work and just try to just instant reac action find the bats without prepping them at all. Quick break right back, answer your listener and viewer questions. Next, what's right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Before we get to the viewer questions, we do this live from Trentadge, obviously Harlem's favorite women's boutique and the owner of Trentage. My wife, Demanse's mother, Danielle, just walked in and h dampoo. You don't have to come on camera if you don't want to. But we were discussing earlier that you had quite the hot tailor Swift Travis Kelcey take is that ready for prime time yet? Or do you want to continue to you know, kind of think it over. She doesn't want to talk about.
Speaker 2: It, okay, all right?
Speaker 3: I was just you should have seen Demanse's face, all right, Well, I I yeah, he does already know. I asked Demanse live on the air. I was like, what do you think your mom thinks of the Travis Kelsey Taylor Swift thing? And this is what he goes Oh she hates it. I mean maybe she loves it. I'm like, no, she hates it. It's like, okay, I thought so, but I just didn't know if I was supposed to say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he knows you quite well.
Speaker 3: All right, demanse, what are our questions?
Speaker 2: All right? First off, we got machete gun ass Nick. The Giants have burned you twice this year. Do you think the Giants are the new Jags for this year's gambling picks? Oh? Wow, well you would have thought that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they burned me a couple times when they came through in that single game on that live bet the little the Giants were half of that huge win forty to one. So maybe maybe, yes, maybe no, And I'm not gonna have it. I'm not gonna get shamed out of betting them the way you guys tried to shame me out of betting the Jags cost me all that money last year. Oh that also, you know what, I realized that also happened with the Jags last year. The Jags were the other side of the huge same game parlay I made with the Chiefs, the one where Travis Kelcey's final yard won me that bet.
Speaker 2: All right. Next, Mitchell be said, Hey, Nick love the show. We got to know if Dior claimed her cash yet, way to make her fight for her right to party go chiefs.
Speaker 3: No, she is not. She has not watched the show. She also has not called me back, So that's on her. She has not claimed her cash and she is not.
Speaker 2: I talked to her. Wait, oh yeah, but I called her. She didn't call me. Some don't feel like left out or anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's been Yeah, she's been having quite the time at college already.
Speaker 2: All right, next, understandable. All right, So we got Derek Deckard asked, uh, question, where do you see the Cowboys first loss and a follow up? Is it in a follow up? Worth? Is it worth betting on them for for being the last undefeated team?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: I well, I would have to know the odds on them being the last undefeated team. I mean, here's the fact of the matter is they're going to be underdogs in Week five at San Francisco. Don't mean they can't win that game, but they will be underdogs, probably two and a half point underdogs to the Niners. If they win that Niners game. I mean you're probably looking at November until at the Eagles could catch them. They play at the Bills in December. I don't think they're gonna, you know, spit the bit against the Cardinals or the Patriots.
Speaker 2: But the fifty at being last undefeated plus three fifty.
Speaker 3: Oh written plus three fifty, Uh yeah, those are usually bad bets. There's there's usually like not good value on those, Okay, so I'm looking at it right now. The Eagles and Niners are both plus three okay, so on FanDuel, the Eagles and Niners are both plus three twenty to be last undefeated, Cowboys plus four thirty. Now, that is Ravens plus six hundred, Miami plus eight fifty, New Orleans ten to one, at Lanta twelve to one, Tampa fourteen to one, Washington twenty seven to one. That is a good little gambling lesson right there. On these type of exotic bets, you really should shop lines Like let's say you really like the Cowboys be the bet the last undefeated. They're plus three point fifty and one. Shop they're plus four p thirty on FanDuel. So if you're gonna take kind of a weird bet that's not just like a regular game spread, make sure you're getting the best line. All right, last one?
Speaker 2: All right. Rock Perty's agent Christian Lazzo asked, Nick, is there anything Brock can do tonight to impress you that you wouldn't attribute solely to Shanahan's system.
Speaker 3: Yeah, make some high level throws. Here's what I just ask of people. I ask of people to watch the Niners tonight and every time Brock Purty throws the ball, just that. Ask yourself the following question, Okay, could I do that? Chart no, no, no, no, no, no no no. Chart how many throws you say, oh, he missed that, that was a bad throw or an overthrow? And chart how many times you say, man, that was a great throw. Because in this game against the Rams, how many times he missed open guys? The answer is five? And how many times you're like, holy, that was a hell of a throw is zero? That's just what it was.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Week one he had two, Holy moly, those were great throws, and I think he only missed a wide open guy once. So Week one he played quite well. Week two he did not watch tonight and see how many times how many of his completions are Well, there's Brandon Ayuk with no one within twelve yards of him and he just completed the layup. And how many times you're like, wow, he has a great throw. And how many times is like, oh, man, Deebo has the guy beat, he's open. All that's six yards over his head. It's all I'm asking. I got nothing against brock Purty personally, and everyone I know, they're like, oh, well, Nick, Iowa State was pretty damn good with him, and since he's left, they have him. And yeah, I understand that Breeshall was there. I had a little something to do with that. Breeshall pretty good player. Seeing in the NFL is pretty good. And they're in the same draft. And even though quarterbacks the most valuable position, running back to the least valuable position, and they were on the same college team. NFL evaluator said, Breeshall, you're worth a high second round pick and brock Perdy you're worth the last pick.
Speaker 2: Of the draft.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, so we'll see. Let's watch tonight. I might be a Giants fan second week in a row. Who'd ever thought that would happen. Demons, you were excellent today. You stay atop the right child rankings. The I'm just telling you, you just do and Danielle right now, she had to power rank the kids, not an order of love, but an order of like rank one through three. How would you do it?
Speaker 2: Oof, this isn't great for Demanse.
Speaker 3: She said. Demand is definitely number one. Won't talk about the other two. You know what that means. She's not as mean as me. Diana is definitely in last place after this morning. Give me a break. Yeah, we have in the same Demonse de Ordiano. We'll talk to you guys on Tuesday. What's right,