Speaker 1: Welcome into Ravens Press Pass. After the Ravens forty one to thirty eight overtime win in Cincinnati, a thrilling shootout for Ravens fans. First up, we're gonna hear from head coach John Harball after the win.
Speaker 2: That was exciting. That was a great football game. Everything wasn't great about the game performance wise, and there's plenty of things to look at and pick apart, things that will be working hard to improve on, without question, but that's a great win against the team that was playing at a high level. I gotta give Joe Burrow and their offense, you know, number one, number five, number eighty eight, number eighty nine, number thirty, number thirty one, all their guys credit because that's a that's a very potent offense and they showed it today. And proud of our guys forgetting the stops when they did, and we needed to find a way to win the game. And I'm proud of our guys to keep believing, keep fighting and a really winning the game. What question, jab John just.
Speaker 3: You guys have talked all along. You're gonna stand by Justin Tucker and you believe in him. You trust he's gonna make the next one. See him kind of step up in that situation, drill a lot, and that kind of verify everything you said the whole time.
Speaker 2: I'm just just so proud of him. I'm just so proud of Justin. That's that's not an easy kick by any stretch, and he drilled it, you know, he saw later, not an easy kick. A lot of wind up there, and protection was outstanding. Proud of our guys for getting some field goal range, and proud of the defense at the end for getting that stop the end of overtime to keep them backed up at the edge of field goal range, making the kick tougher. That was so that was a big deal at that point.
Speaker 4: More like plays and mayst on this see you happy body.
Speaker 2: I mean, it speaks for itself, you know. I I I never cease to be amazed, but I'm always amazed, you know. And I'm just I just think so much of him. I think so much of his work ethic, and and then just the way he plays the game. It's it's it's it's unparallel. You know. He made plays, got himself out of trouble, got the ball thrown away, somebody unsung plays where he saved us lost yarded situations and and came through so many plays where he moved around and found guys like Zay Flowers. You just stepped up here that were working so hard. I mean, I tell you, our guys are in shape.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: It was hot, it was it was we were in no huddle, and our guys continued to take advantage of the opportunity of fatigue, knowing that both sides are fatigued and the lock in and executing those situations. I saw Jay make plays. I saw Rasht Babman make plays, Mark Andrews Isaiah, all those guys are running backs. I mean, you just got to hand it to the guys for the grit. The grit, I mean, that was a grit win I wanted.
Speaker 4: And then Marlon DA's that played and the player just.
Speaker 2: Record pass them back on to it says a lot. I said everything you need to know about their character and their ability to get the job done. It also says that we got a lot of work to do, you know, and we got to continue to improve. But I also say, it is a National football League, so you know, we we know we we chase perfection. You know, we expect to do a much better job against the pass than we had, and then we did today. They made a lot of tight throws. I mean, all those stop throws were well covered in the first half. Then there were times that guys were a little more open than we need them to be. But uh, and that's something we got to work on. You know, we're not there with our past defense yet. But they got the stops when they needed to Brian to get the win. And I'm proud of about that because that again goes back to that grit part.
Speaker 6: How were those quicks you scored quickly, you know, in the second half, and that after they went up those two drives to be able to get up you know quickly and kind of answered.
Speaker 2: It did turn out to be big because you know, they had the long drives. I mean they burned up I think about about seven and a half eight minutes on the first drive, and then they burned up six or so minutes on the second drive. Then their third when they hit the pass, you know, they kind of split us in there in a fire zone. Made a great play with Chase, great player, making a great play. That was a quick one. But we went down and scored in a couple of minutes. I think on each drive it was just a shootout. I mean, it's just a flat out shootout in the second half.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you talk all about targeting.
Speaker 3: People would use the word closer for the kind that xample I mean, and you guys weren't two minutes like a lot of the second half, so we didn't, you know, like to get the ball in that spot.
Speaker 2: No doubt. I mean, they came out and they were determined to stop the run the first half, and they they loaded up the box and we made some plays against it, but you know, we still tried to run against it, but they had a bunch of guys up there. We still did okay. Uh, And then we went to the no huddle and that that broke things open just a little bit, like you said. And then for him to still be there and to finish it the way he did, you know, is uh as a statement, I think it's probably a term.
Speaker 7: I mean, when you're down ten into the fourth quarter and see the war and what was kind of his to me and do you can you said anything from him.
Speaker 2: The Laard's I mean it was strictly you know, let's get back out there and win the game. Let's get back out there and go score a touchdown. That's all he thinks about. He is like this. Even when he comes off after making a great plays like this, he's looking straight ahead back to the spot on the bench, look at the plays get you know, know he's got to go back. He's gotta make another, He's gotta go score again. He is amazing, And I think I would say that about all of our guys, and he's definitely the leader. Will I mean, you guys, it's all over, guys said at mindset, But this guy's this guy's one kind. He's one of a kind of competitive.
Speaker 8: No matter what happened, no matter what going did you see mindset?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, right was he?
Speaker 3: Did you get close enough to him after that over time bumbson mill that he was still optimistic.
Speaker 4: I mean he was looking pretty pretty right there.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, I think we all you know, you all going to a dark place for a minute, there's no doubt about it. But our defense stepping up and getting the stop is you know, it wasn't over. You know it wasn't over. It didn't say we weren't walking off the field yet. You know, so our guys just kept fighting. Got to stop. Proud of him for that, because you know, sometimes teams will pop runs right there, and we did. We popped a run and we stopped them from doing that. Probably the difference in the game.
Speaker 4: I expecting that as a run frutrating. I mean, were you expecting.
Speaker 2: Him to commit to kicking we We didn't know, but I thought what they did was smart. You know, I can understand what they were trying.
Speaker 10: To do there.
Speaker 3: It was a little confusing late in the second quarter from you guys using time.
Speaker 4: Out third ten, like you know, throwing into the locker room. In a half, you guys pretty much.
Speaker 2: Dominated for a good well, we definitely you know, you can play two ways. I'll say I got kind of aggressive. You know, I was kind of believing in that I wanted to go for it. I wanted, I wanted. I thought, you know, it's a going to be a high scoring game. I feel like, I feel like our offense can get this. You know, I didn't necessarily expect to be third and ten in all honesty, but at that point in time, I just felt like, you know what, let's go forward here, lets see if we can get it done. Was it a little over aggressive? I think you could probably argue that, looking back on it, and I probably would argue it. I just felt like I felt like, I felt like we needed it, and I felt we get it, so we have a chance to get it.
Speaker 4: You said you've never stopped believing. But when they were driving before the Marlin at turnover and what they were driving to set up for another score, what was kind of you? Where are you.
Speaker 11: Thinking at that point?
Speaker 2: You said, again, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: You said you never stopped leaving, but it didn't kind of die? Or before the Marlin of the turnover? What were you thinking before that Marlin turnover?
Speaker 2: I don't remember. I remember it was he was kind of dark. I remember I looked at my sheet. I looked at my sheet right here. I looked down there and I saw that I saw the most important line on my whole shet. It says the victory belongs to the Lord. So there you go. Alright, thanks everybody.
Speaker 1: Next, we have the leader or should be leader for his third m VP. This is quarterback Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 12: Or where is this when the potential rank for you and some of the more exciting games you've had in the NFL with your team.
Speaker 13: Uh, this is not an exciting win for me at all. Uh not how the game ended, Uh, especially with muss of overtime dropping a bottle and then a fumble habit.
Speaker 11: So I'm I'm ticked off about that.
Speaker 13: I didn't want to put my defense back out there and we were doing the office line with doing a great Jobe was doing a great job.
Speaker 11: But we got it done. So it's it's cool. We got to win. That's all that matters.
Speaker 14: Twice that in that game and just puts cass doing the conversation with your teammates around.
Speaker 13: But oh, I just looked at how much time we had left, and I was just we just gotta go score. You know, I always believe in our defense. That's a I gotta get my hats to the uh Bengals though, cause that's a ah, extremely talented offense over there on the f all phases and we got a talented defense. You know, it was just one of those rival games. It's a divisional game, and we know anything can happen in those type of games, not necessarily a blow out.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 13: I just told my guys just we just gotta put points on the board. We just gotta keep scoring as well.
Speaker 4: Oh what are your play of highlight wheels in your career?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Highlight plays? Where does that touchdown has to I.
Speaker 6: Say of breaking out of the potential sacks?
Speaker 4: You know how how does that one.
Speaker 15: Right for your ro Uh?
Speaker 11: That's cool? M. I don't know, it's cool.
Speaker 12: And know while beus to the tournative seems like it it's kind of sitting with you.
Speaker 9: But does it feel good in.
Speaker 4: A sense to see you know, there is a team sport.
Speaker 16: The defense picked you up there, Kenrick came then with that big running and you know you.
Speaker 4: Did have a pretty great game despite that. H But how much is that sitting with you?
Speaker 3: W you know, as far as how you're feeling about the game overall.
Speaker 13: You since right in the front of m my mom right that that's how it's shitting with me right now, cause I don't like I just don't like putting our team in that type of situation when those guys can go up and just kick a field goal to win the game. That was just God on our side. You know, you always on our side, but that was just God right there. Our defense making a great stop. You know when the count those guys held their own and then Derrin harriet Off Solon did a great job and JT just finished it.
Speaker 3: Oh where were you at from a mental standpoint as you walked off the field that turnover?
Speaker 11: Like I was m almost cursed.
Speaker 13: I was furious, you know, uh like I didn't want that to happen. You know, I like I, Like I said, we were driving the ball, you know, we were driving the ball. I felt like we woulda scored on that drive, but the the time was going down and I'm just trying to hurry up and get the snap from Tyler. And as I'm I'm looking to see if it's a delayed I I took my eyes off for a split second and I just yeah, and you know it was a fumble, but uh we got to win.
Speaker 4: Are you the least excited player here for that?
Speaker 11: Probably? Probably?
Speaker 13: You know, Uh, like I said, I just don't like how that that situation happened. Over time, If that probably wouldn't happen, I probably would be the happiest person in Raymond uniform right now.
Speaker 4: But a while the topsound passed too? Or is that a fourth quarter?
Speaker 17: All?
Speaker 4: If you were working you you step on the two hundred and sixty five, Uh, BET's linement and you churfed him. Were you were aware of what was going on? That was look that looked like a Derrek Henrick stip one.
Speaker 11: Uh yeah, I knew what was going on.
Speaker 13: Uh we just had to put points on the board. You know that That's what was going through my mind. But would I, uh cost to be turned over? You know, we were dropping the ball down the field, tryna make something happen, cause those guys, I think, like one play they just went for like eighty yards. So it's like we gotta respond that fast cause time running out and Tom was on outside the day cause we was able to, you know, make something happen.
Speaker 15: Lamar.
Speaker 4: There's been a lot of discussion in this plus a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: About Watroll justin Tucker, what do you think Ant lines up for that fifty six.
Speaker 1: Yard or Uh?
Speaker 11: I I had all the confidence in the world. I know who he is.
Speaker 13: You know, I wasn't worried about what happened earlier in the season because if you if you pay attention to the whole unit, just all all of us, we all had mistakes you know, made in the in the first two games and stuff like that.
Speaker 11: So it's the NFL.
Speaker 13: Sometimes the goat may miss, you know, but he came back and when we needed him, he he conquered.
Speaker 3: It's a pleas Uh have you finished for you go for Grandard fifty yards past and says over one hundred color Bateman and he's all over fifty Uh.
Speaker 4: Dereck Henery almost one hundred yards. What what does this say about just a talent on this Ravens offense?
Speaker 11: Well, I just say we're a balanced offense.
Speaker 13: But still got worked to prove, you know, work, still got worked to uh improve on.
Speaker 11: You know, Uh, I don't.
Speaker 13: I don't believe we we restarted selling yet you know, it's still room for improvement throughout this whole season.
Speaker 11: It's a long season, all right. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Up next, the man who iced the game for the most part with a fifty one yard run in overtime. Here's running back Derrick Henry.
Speaker 4: Have you ever been in a game like that one?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I have, Right, it's not how we drew it up, but well, ever got to win.
Speaker 17: But you know that's division games, uh, coming down to the wire sometimes four quarter battle and we were prepared for it.
Speaker 4: You tell what you saw that that.
Speaker 10: Was green grass, green grass.
Speaker 17: And get close to the end zone as possible and then get in there. Should probably stiff on him, but Tuck the goat, got the field goal to win the game and were going home with the Victor's all.
Speaker 1: That matteration you have for what for what Jackson did in the second half of those games.
Speaker 10: Really, that was like.
Speaker 17: That was like a third m v P of UH level for him.
Speaker 10: That was that was like a yeah, that one of the kind of game.
Speaker 17: Just especially the one when he was he was getting sacked, got out of the pocket, UH kept running down almost out of the bounced it up all back to day. That was just you know, that's why Lamars who Lamar is, and best player in the league.
Speaker 10: He he he's a goat for a reason.
Speaker 3: Derek was he looking the huddles in the second half. I mean, you knew, guys probably knew your dancer of returning to score.
Speaker 17: He was ready, no panic, he was ready, no waiver, let's go, let's get to it. I'm sure. I mean you can see it on the field. Nor no nervous, no panic, Let's.
Speaker 10: Get to it. I mean, guys were gassed. But that's the fight.
Speaker 17: I mean, that's the work that we put in throughout the week to be ready for these moments.
Speaker 4: Where the just the mood swings. I mean, you're going in for potential winnings for over time. Then you have put back.
Speaker 3: Football snap and then they miss and you get a chance to get it right back.
Speaker 17: Just popy little football, right, I mean, just because of those of those moments, you know, you know all that things happened, but we are leaving Cincinnati with a dove, so that's all that matters.
Speaker 11: How big?
Speaker 3: How big is I mean when you have these type of emotional comeback with how big is that in the in the big picture of the season.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean, but this one is big because what transpired today and you know, how to put puts thus up to uh in the division. So we we definitely needed this one and it was just as just as important for us as it was for them. And you know, just glad we got the victory, you know, with everything that happened. You know, that's just to show you the resiliency of this grouping of this team and you know, we gonna keep on fighting till then.
Speaker 4: How good did you feel for Marlin?
Speaker 3: They were getting kind of picked down, but they were they were you know, getting a lot of yours in the passing game for.
Speaker 10: Him play like that.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean mar Marlin has been in battles before where he got the best of someone, someone got the best of him. But you know, you just keep on believing in your uh, your technique and your fundamentals.
Speaker 10: And he did it on that play. He made a big play for us.
Speaker 11: O bad.
Speaker 4: What do you gonna remember from the team? Huh? What do you don remember from the team?
Speaker 10: Living here with a w getting on that plane happy and not being mad.
Speaker 17: So yeah, I'm I'm I'm just happy for everybody, and you know, put a lot of working out the week to be able to get these big Deason Glad we able to get.
Speaker 10: Three in a row.
Speaker 1: Up next, here's wide receiver z Flowers who had seven catches for a hundred and eleven yards.
Speaker 8: Describe the uh uh number heat there but different man like but we go we we talk about it every game and he just proved every game.
Speaker 15: So I'm just wondering when we gonna start talking it like man different?
Speaker 5: He do?
Speaker 15: He do everything?
Speaker 12: Someone said in the offense just felt like you guys just pink on its where you score back and forth like what was the mindset for your offense.
Speaker 8: That fame in the game, just go We knew we could move the ball whenever we wanted to, however we wanted to, whether it was running, passing, we knew we could move the ball. So we just knew we just had to keep scoring. Every time they go score, we had to score.
Speaker 4: A shootout had second half.
Speaker 15: Kind of tiring or a lot but.
Speaker 8: You know, you don't want it to be a shootout, but if it comes down to it, then that's what it is.
Speaker 15: And we got the players to do it.
Speaker 12: So so you've been here long enough to know how the narrative goes. You guys were running the game through run game, their starck go Okay, they're gonna need to pass at some point here or they he's not getting the ball.
Speaker 4: Mark's like in the ball.
Speaker 3: You feel like you guys kind of answered and showed you you can win games in other ways today too.
Speaker 15: I mean it's time, like it's timing.
Speaker 8: The run game was working, so but you're gonna stop running the ball if it's working. But it s it was our time to get open and catch passes and make big plays, and that's what we did.
Speaker 6: So say what you say about just the way the la war was he able to play today at the voice.
Speaker 4: That he shot throughout the game.
Speaker 15: So it's what he do though, like it's what he do with that. That's that's how he play.
Speaker 8: No matter what's going on in the game, he gonna become and he gonna tell us let's go score like, no matter what the score is, just chopping away and I gotta give a receive.
Speaker 15: I gotta give the receivers bait.
Speaker 8: I gotta give it tie, I gotta give it Mark, I gotta give it a light. Everybody came through and made players when they were supposed to make plays, and he kept us alive.
Speaker 4: Is there a play that you're supposed to looking forward to.
Speaker 15: Going back and rewatching from the game. Nah, not really. I'm just glad we want if we get old?
Speaker 3: Does we move along? Like everyone shows that that spin move that Lamar made here for touchdown? You think that touchdown the wh like lead is gonna be go to the front of the highlight reel when it all sudden down.
Speaker 15: Oh No, that's tough. That's tough.
Speaker 8: That was that spin moved whatever was legendary right there, but light coming through on that player right that that was big and it was on geno. Yeah, how much do you think this a big picture of the big you know, the season.
Speaker 4: How much do you think this will help you guys go for it?
Speaker 15: It just it just gave us a test.
Speaker 8: That's I feel like you can never go wrong with having a test and just moving forward in the season. So we know what we can do. If we get tired, you know what we can do. If we down eight minutes left, we know what we can do. So I think that was a good thing that we went through and we came out on the right end.
Speaker 4: Say, hey, he.
Speaker 18: Talking about the lift you guys got from walls interception there.
Speaker 8: I mean, it just show you, like, no matter what happened during the game, like it just take one play, It take one player to reverse the whole game.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 8: I went up to him and said, that's you, like, no matter like, cause some people get down in their head and just just keep going down. And he stayed up and made a big interception. So props, Mark, I'm.
Speaker 4: Sorry, did you drink big play from you overtime? Because it seems like theysed a field goal.
Speaker 5: They're just play they call running play, Like what's it good in the one that what does.
Speaker 15: It look like?
Speaker 4: Information? Is he in burst off and kind of break the defense.
Speaker 8: And basically when the game four it, I ain't gonna lie. Every time he get the ball, I'm thinking he about the break. I'm thinking he gonna score. Because we've been in the locker room. He called himself a home run hitter. He'd be like, I'm a home right hit. I'm a home right hitter, and he just keep showing it right good.
Speaker 3: John the coach, Armo said he got in dark place a couple of times there.
Speaker 4: Did you ever allow yourself to get there?
Speaker 3: Or you felt like the sideline was pretty uh, you know, still pretty positive even after the babble.
Speaker 8: Does now I mean I feel like, yeah, like a little bit, but I knew what we could do, Like we just kept scoring, and we just kept scoring. So we just kept moving the ball. That's all we had to do. And on I missed it, but thank you.
Speaker 1: So now let's hear from kicker Justin Tucker, who sent this game to overtime with a clutch fifty six yard field goal and then won it in the end.
Speaker 5: Frequently, because of just the nature of where we play, we play in you know in Baltimore, we play in Cincinnati and Pittsburgh and Cleveland, like we're exposed to the elements pretty much at all times. It's almost it's almost unsettling when you're playing inside you feel like you you know, there's something else you need to address, or like another piece of data that.
Speaker 9: You could have used in pregame warm us.
Speaker 5: But on that particular kick on the fifty six yarder, as we were lining it up, I'm thinking, Okay, well, anytime you're kicking from the logo, the footing can be just a little bit different than it is in the green parts of the field. So I'm considering being light on my plant the way I kind of had been striking the ball from time to time, maybe like one out of every fifteen or so kicks.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 5: Hence the technical issue that you know, Harves and I were talking about over the last like week or so, the last couple of weeks. You know, all of that, all of that stuff is is there. You have to kind of consider it. And then the wind was whipping around left to right. And the one coaching point that Randy makes very frequently with us coming back to that is when it's a really windy day. Pretty much, no matter where you are on the field, don't give the uprights away. So what he means by that is, when I'm picking a target line within the framework of the uprights, even if it's like a hard left to right win, I'm not gonna pick a target line that's outside of the yellow poles. I still need to keep it inside the yellow poles. Well, well, today was like a little bit of a different feel out there on the field. So I decided along with Jordan that we're just gonna smash this ball and let it play back in. And if I started outside the left upright like, at least I'm gonna give it a chance that it won't leak all the way across the face of the uprights. And then Nick threw back a perfect snap, Jordan gave us a perfect hold. The guys held, you know, held the line up front with enough time to let us just say on that ball, and you know the rest is history.
Speaker 15: As I say, justin.
Speaker 14: Mllon obviously been made of the fifty yard field goal stuff. I know you've talked about just focusing on that technique and so forth.
Speaker 4: How difficult was it.
Speaker 14: For you not just to block out the noise, but your own expectations of making those, your history of making those, and then to be in that spot.
Speaker 5: Again, well, I think anytime you're tested with you know, like the situation that we were in this particular game, you either have you either have the choice to rise to the occasion or to fold up like a cheap suit.
Speaker 9: And I didn't want to do that.
Speaker 5: So, you know, I've I've left a couple out there earlier in the season, so to be able to come through in a big way like like we did today, and I emphasized we, you know, Nick Jordan, the guy's blocking up front. Being able to come through like that is particularly satisfying, Like given that, you know, I've let a couple get a you know, I say, I'm the only the only person that's missing them is me. If Jordan puts the ball down sideways, it's still my job to make the kick now that that's happening. Put to be able to come through in like a bigger moment like that, you know, that's that's the only the only choices you have are to rise the occasion or just wither away. And we are a group of men that rise to the occasion, not just the field goal unit. But you know, you look at the way the way the rest of that game played out, Derek's Derek's long, long run at the end of the game to put us in position to just you know, put the dagger, put the nail in the coffin. You know, everybody just kind of staying with it, just sticking with it, no matter what was happening out there on the field. Uh, just you know, like like we've talked about before, being process minded, being process oriented is what I think is a part of what gave us the.
Speaker 9: Opportunity to win that game.
Speaker 5: And then these guys just fight in their ass off for sixty plus minutes. I couldn't be more proud of this, this group of guys.
Speaker 4: It's a great group.
Speaker 9: Actor Garrits long run, Uh you got it. You know, look at you basically saying to John.
Speaker 11: Like it's just ended right now.
Speaker 15: Anyway we're messing around?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 9: Is that what happened? Pretty much?
Speaker 5: I think there was a brief discussion of whether or not we wanted to center the ball with the wind going to the other going to the right of our bench. It's a pretty hard right to left wind. But we're when we're inside the we're inside the ten yard line. We should just knock down the kick, you know, let's not let's not worry about too much now if it's you know, if we were a little bit further back, I think I think we might have, you know, opted to put the ball in the right hash or something like that. But I mean, I don't know the way I figured it is. Let's just let's just put this thing away. Let's not even remotely give these guys an opportunity to you know, take advantage of like, uh, you know, something crazy happening. I mean, the game, this game was filled with just crazy things happening. Like, let's not give them anything. Let's just we all know how to kick a twenty four yard field but well, let's just go out there and nail it and win the game.
Speaker 1: Next up, here's center Tyler Linderbaum, who paved the way for this rushing attacks.
Speaker 10: Experience for the Yeah, I mean, that's gonna happen.
Speaker 16: But you know, we've got some dudes on that defense. The guys are fully capable of dominating.
Speaker 4: Just like us.
Speaker 16: I'm sure they have some players that they went back, but you know, they came through Marlow came through. That's a huge interception, kind of shifting the game and you know, giving us a chance to either go win it or tie and send it overtime.
Speaker 1: How do you describe him, I'm only closer in this game.
Speaker 9: I don't know if I've been in a game like this. That's what you play the game for, you know, stuff like this.
Speaker 16: You know, it wasn't it wasn't pretty by any means, But if we want to get to where we want to be at the end of the season, you got to go through stuff like this to get better.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 16: I'm just happy that we.
Speaker 15: Got through it and we won the game.
Speaker 6: To kind of take over and then through fourth quarter when he was playing like that, you kind of take us inside of the huddle of how he was setting the tone in the mindset and how he handled that his names.
Speaker 16: Yeah, you know, like you just said, you know, the offense runs the way. You know he's gonna he's gonna make special plays, you know. And then also just the talent that we have in this in that over room, you know a lot of weapons and it's just the old lightest drib to block as.
Speaker 15: Long as they can.
Speaker 9: But you know, it's a special group.
Speaker 16: You know a lot of things that we can learn from and and prove on. But you know, anytime well we thirty forty one points, any time you put up that many points, you're gonna have a good chance of winning football games.
Speaker 9: How could you describe that?
Speaker 5: Definitely history fifth player to have ten thousand yards and a hundred your career rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 9: What is it like to be walking.
Speaker 16: For him to be part of that. That's awesome, Glad and glad ADC was able to pick him up in the off season.
Speaker 10: You know, he's a special player. You know, he helps this team win a lot.
Speaker 9: Of football games.
Speaker 4: How would you describe the locker room? We heard it from the media, how would you describe that locker room?
Speaker 11: After after wind like this?
Speaker 16: That's a that's the stuff that you know you play this game for is experience in the locker room. And you see you know, Monk and Trav coming down from the stairs, you know, celebrating.
Speaker 10: You know, just uh sure, you put a lot of time and a lot of work into, you know, during.
Speaker 16: The week to get experienced this experience. You know, away locker room wins, you know, home locker room wins, you know, and just just gotta keep stacking. You know, we got we love the failing, we love the failing, but you know, just got to move on next week.
Speaker 1: Now, next up, here's tight end Mark Andrews, who after a two game stint without a catch, came up with four grabs for fifty five yards.
Speaker 9: Incredible win.
Speaker 19: Really just you know the word that comes to minds belief. And you felt that the whole time. You know, things didn't go you know, always our way. But I think the guys fought hard, you know, through four quarters, through over time.
Speaker 9: And it was really good to see.
Speaker 19: And there's a lot of players making plays and kind of show that what we can be and what we're starting to be, and it was really cool.
Speaker 2: How do you describe the roller coaster of this game?
Speaker 19: A lot going on, you know, I think, you know, a lot of back and forth. They played a really good game. They're a good team and but for us, just resilient, keep it leaving and you know, things went our way, and when you have belief like that they're going to you.
Speaker 6: Came in with more At the same time, where does this game bring in your mind? Seem like he kind of took things over in the second half.
Speaker 9: It's a big game.
Speaker 19: It's a big game for us, you know, being two and two and and now three and two, it's you know, obviously better than the alternative. And yeah, he fought, you know, Lamar fought his butt off, and everybody in this locker room did you know.
Speaker 9: It's the O line.
Speaker 19: It's you know, it's tile and making big plays when it matter, and it's all the receivers. It's the tight ends. We had three in the room that was incredible. So it's really just everybody doing their job executing. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 6: The past game really well, the passing game really got rolling today. You attle allowed the passing game to to have the kind of bay you guys had as a.
Speaker 19: Group, you know, just you know, they they packed the box so we were able to kind of spread it out and you know we went big and and Charlie had that big one and uh, just different things, you know, guys making plays, stepping up and catch the ball. You know, there's so many different instances of you know, guys getting the rock in their hand and making somebody bess, you know, getting the yards, getting a first down.
Speaker 9: That's awesome to see where.
Speaker 4: It's seen a lot of little more highlights.
Speaker 11: Where do you put that one touchdown to like where you were stiff?
Speaker 19: It's incredible, It really was incredible. I went to him as I had never seen anybody throw throw anything like that in my entire life. You know, it's just the type of player he is. You know, it's never dead, the play is never dead, and he's so special and that was that was really cool.
Speaker 9: Is there a moment?
Speaker 7: I mean, there's so many plays and things, but for you, was there a moment in this game that you might remember more than others?
Speaker 19: I think just the whole thing. I think, you know, I can see it pretty clearly, all the plays that happened. It's not just one play. It's offense, defense, especial teams. Everybody you know had their hand in this one. And that's what you know, it's so gratifying about it.
Speaker 6: Well, was there any adding I guess, bonus that you had, you know, a really strong day today, You got hard against these guys last year? Was that at all kind of an emotional thing or anything added.
Speaker 8: Because of that?
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 19: I don't think so, you know. I think for me, it's just coming out here and try to do my job. That's what I you know, they've done, you know, since I've been in the league, and this game was no different. Very happy that we got to swin and gets a really good team that fought really hard.
Speaker 1: And here's Charlie Kohler who led all the Ravens tight ends with three catches for sixty four yards, including a touchdown.
Speaker 4: What was the most fun, ridiculous whatever part of this game?
Speaker 18: Oh, just the d I mean obviously people disaster play were driving the ball. Well, give them the ball. Defense was a great job of holding them to like what two yards or whatever, tough field goal and you could tell about operation. They had a little mishap with a snap in the hold and so the ball didn't come out great. And then first play, big Dog takes like I don't know, one hundred yards. I was trying to run after him and he kept getting faster and farther away from me, and I was thinking in my head, act was like, this is how the Bills felt last week, and he's so fast it doesn't really make sense, but I was running hard.
Speaker 3: So surely we know how much you've contributed as a blocker on specialty and all that, but how did it feel, you know, getting a little more bout in the past, catching off.
Speaker 10: It's beautiful.
Speaker 18: I mean they get so focused on Mark and Isaiah, they forget about the fat white guy running down the scene, and uh, I was so open, I know what to do and mamar through it. I got yelled at for not scoring again, so I gotta fix that. But I think it was like a little chain reaction because I didn't score so Isaiah could score. But then Mark paid me a favor and then got tackled my too so I could score. So I think beautiful day. I'm not gonna answer anything serious. It's too good of a way. We didn't get the thinking of the vibe.
Speaker 4: Did you describe the locker room here?
Speaker 9: We could hear it outside there.
Speaker 4: What was the locker room like this?
Speaker 18: I mean, it's just it's amazing. Monk always says that, you know, nothing like a locker room after win. You know, you put in so much time and effort, and there's so few games in football comp by the basketball and baseball and everything, and so you have to just cherish these moments and be grateful. Because it's the NFL. There's a lot more season, there's no bowl game break and so just cherish this moment, be grateful, get everyone healthy, and get watch the film, we talk about all the bad things we did too, and then get better for next week.
Speaker 4: Was it more relief ecstasy?
Speaker 10: I mean what were the emotions?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 9: Ectiously?
Speaker 18: I mean it was incredible.
Speaker 11: I mean.
Speaker 18: We were down what ten? So right ten? We scored to cut it? I mean, no one, I mean everyone's very well aware of tuck struggles recently, and then he just drills a fifty five yarder over that?
Speaker 15: How far? Was it even better?
Speaker 18: I mean the ball was good from seventy and you could hear like the way the ball was struck. It was like a it was a good snap, good hold and the ball was just nuked. And so it's good to have him back. I mean, he's so talented. You know, we all knew he's gonna come through. And the fact that the whole team contributed and then himself, you know, to bounce back in a huge moment and make two big kicks is incredible and testament is character.
Speaker 1: Next up, here's line Rope one Smith.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I think it's just you have to win your one on one matchups, and I think.
Speaker 9: That's all across the board.
Speaker 7: There's eleven players out there, and when those opportunities come, we have to win all matchups. But it's a lot easier cleaning up after a dub as opposed to losing.
Speaker 18: Now this week you said we hate them, thank you hate us?
Speaker 9: Why raise those fay?
Speaker 7: Those games come down with sim Why it's a highly intensity Like the intensity is very hot throughout the game, and I think it's like not liking each other and then just knowing what's at stake. Division games they count as too, even though there is one game, and when you think about it from my perspective, a lot is riding on that. Your livelihood is riding on it. And when when that matters to you, you're gonna go out and put everything on the line for that.
Speaker 9: Now, watching your offense between Lamar save Flowers and Derek Kenny obviously with the fifty or are you thinking watching your offense take over it was big.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 7: It was definitely big for us. They helped us out of a lot this game. And can't think those guys enough for the work they put in. But you know, we just got to continue to get better on the defensive side of the ball, and we knowing that the offense anytime Lamar get the ball in his hand, in the offense in general, we have a chance to win in in every game.
Speaker 18: Now, one of the prevailing messages around with this locker room is each week, get a win, but get better.
Speaker 5: What do you think of where you guys are now that we're heading.
Speaker 14: Into Week six?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think we're in an okay spot right now, but I think we have to keep advance as far as defensively, there's just like like I said earlier, each and every person just have to look themselves in the mirror and have to win your one eleven. That goes from the D line, linebackers as well as in the secondary. And I feel like when we do that and challenge ourselves, we can do that because when we were on all stuff, and granted, there's some really good receivers on that side of the ball, and like some of the top receivers in this league, so they're definitely gonna make plays at the end of the day. But I like our dbs any given Sunday, any given day, and twice on Sundays. But hey, those guys had a good game, but if they lost, it don't really matter.
Speaker 1: So do you need to cancel sharing.
Speaker 7: I don't think it was really anything special at the end of the day, I think his guys he was putting up, giving these guys a chance and they was winning their one on one matchups. There was definitely like a call or so that maybe uh, he got us in, but like you know, that's.
Speaker 9: Part of it.
Speaker 7: He get paid a lot of money, just like offensive coordinator as well as our coaches, so they're gonna make plays.
Speaker 9: It's the NFL at the end of the day.
Speaker 7: But at the end of the day also we have to be better at our jobs, and that goes back to like each and every person doing their one to eleven. I think that start with myself looking myself in the mirror, making sure I'll all my stuff every single day, and echoing down to the rest of.
Speaker 9: The guys on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 2: After giving.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, it was huge.
Speaker 7: You know, at the end of the day, you can definitely make plays, but when in crucial moments, it's about players stepping up and making big plays. And Marlow's obviously one of the best players on this team, and he stepped up and made crucial play and what mattered it mattered throughout the game, and it obviously showed how much it mattered, and hey, I'm proud of him and it's a lot better to clean up.
Speaker 9: The mistakes out there are dubbed.
Speaker 6: Kiln will not What are you guys get let the highest making high I guess incentive thoughts like how do you guys fix.
Speaker 7: Up each and every guy looking themselves in the mirror, not having an ego thing to it, and just knowing, hey, I can do better because guess what, how many ever plays was out there, every single person made a mistake. We're all human and it's about chasing perfection, knowing that perfection is not possible, but chasing it and getting damn close to it. And if you do that, we're damn good defense.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Ravens Press Pass. We will be back with you on Monday for head coach John Harball's Monday press conference. Enjoy this win, Ravens flock