Speaker 1: I'm Teddy Mellencamp and this is Emily Simpson, and.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Popping Off.
Speaker 1: Emily and I are in a fight, So it's gonna be a little bit of a touchy podcast today.
Speaker 2: We're in a fight. We're in a fight because you're coming to LA.
Speaker 1: You effortlessly could have zipped on over to my house.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, person, I know I did not plan this well at all, So now I have to do this from my house, jump in my car, drive to LA doesn't make any sense at all. I should have went to LA this morning, and we should have done the podcast together. I got it.
Speaker 1: Well, I can take a hint. You don't want to see me in person?
Speaker 2: No I would. I'd prefer to be in person. We're even better in person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean whatever, it's fine, it's fine. You know how I feel about you right now? Whay do Zach feels about what's her name?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Jed jennat Black?
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm going to send you some hate texts the way that Zach sent to Jenny.
Speaker 2: Do you want to divorce? Listen?
Speaker 1: I don't even know that I can talk to you right now, because clearly your morals are askew.
Speaker 2: They are. I actually I didn't come because I was too busy gambling this morning. That's why I was over at Pachanga, just you know, just wastend the family money.
Speaker 1: But how much money did I give you to spend at Pachanga?
Speaker 2: And did you go over? I spend all of it. It's all gone, So I would I'm gonna need you to do some dildo ad ads on your Instagram so that you can replenish.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing like I would probably do with the cockering ad that I sell so much on LTK, which, by the way, we'll post again now because I know everyone's gonna message me.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, wait wait, you do not sell a cockering. I don't sell I don't officially sell a cockering. It's not an ad.
Speaker 1: But I talked about it on the pod with Tamra and then every single I think every single woman in our age range was like, what's the cock ring?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, so you linked it?
Speaker 1: I linked it on LTK and it's my number one best seller, no way, yes, and it's I mean it's like eight dollars for like sixteen cock rings.
Speaker 2: You get them on Amazon. Oh my god, Okay, now I'm gonna have to check it out.
Speaker 1: Well, can I tell you a funny story about the cock rings before we get into popping off?
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: So I'm at this at a Christmas party, like a very formal there's like an organization that my husband belongs to that's, you know, like bougie type thing that you know, the wives have to attend occasionally.
Speaker 2: And maybe I had a couple.
Speaker 1: Margarita's and one of the wives was like talking about her s life and I was like, well, you should just get the cock rings and she's like what, And I'm like, well, it really like jazz is things up and it keeps things moving, and you know, as we get older, it's sometimes hard to hit the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she goes, okay, well pull it up for me. So I went on.
Speaker 1: Amazon and we ordered them, like we did this together, like it was a plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cut too.
Speaker 1: She gets home from Christmas break, she goes and opens this box in front of her entire family and it's a box full of pink cock rings and she had zero recollection of.
Speaker 2: Why they came. She didn't remember the conversation with you at all. That's how memorable you are. At those fancy parties.
Speaker 1: Teddy, I get a text from her friend and she's like, hold on, we're dying because.
Speaker 2: All you know now there's all these cock rings arriving.
Speaker 1: She's telling me the story and she's like, you don't remember, Teddy and you guys talking about it in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: And she's like, oh shit.
Speaker 1: She's like, but why did I need to order like eighty five of them?
Speaker 2: That's what I was going to ask. Are they are you? Are they only like one use only, like a cor have to throw it away?
Speaker 1: Yes, they're one use only, And yeah, I mean, who wants to clean that and then try again?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know if you have to. I'm gonna have to look at your LTK.
Speaker 1: Now listen, we'll post one when this episode airs.
Speaker 2: But did you have to rewatch? I did, but I fell asleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but once I started rewatching, then I started remembering everything and started remembering how much I dislike Zach.
Speaker 2: It came back effortlessly. Yeah, yeah, I agree with that. I've Jen looks like a like a poor just woe is me? Beaten down woman in that for this episode seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're on episode seven. It's the Chippendale's drama continues. Jen is crying as she talks to Zach on the phone. He's threatening their marriage and questioning Jen's character. Zach isn't the only husband that's upset about Chippendale's. Jin Taylor and Mikaela all leave before the show starts because their partners have an issue with it. Demi thinks it's a perfect example of misogyny that exists within the LDS Church.
Speaker 2: Jen tell's the girls, I love Zach so much.
Speaker 1: I don't want to disappoint him.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's acting like she cheated on him. Yeah, and you know, I think I think that's the way he interprets it. Even though she didn't even go to the actual show, all she did was walk inside the boundaries of where this show takes place. I don't know. All I know is I am Mary to Shane, who is an active member of the LDS Church, and I have been to thunder Down under a right up front and he had no problem with it.
Speaker 1: So well, I think that there's like a big difference between not that one is better than the other whatever, but like going and watching a show versus like and I'm not even I don't even care if Edwin were to go to a strip club, I really don't.
Speaker 2: I don't either.
Speaker 1: I don't care about that, But I do think a strip club is different because they like it's to get you off where.
Speaker 2: I think Chippendale like to me.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest, I wasn't turned on for one second watching any of those guys.
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't either. And you know, when we went to the thunder Down Under show, it really is a show. It's a Vegas show. There's a lot of women, they're screaming, but at the end of the day, they're all on stage and they're they're doing a show. It's not you know, it's not like there's orgies going on in back rooms or anything. So it doesn't I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean about like having fun with your girlfriends and like, yeah, I mean, if I was gonna think, what's more dangerous to be at a Chippendale show watching from the stands or the seats or whatever, versus going to a nightclub and getting a table and getting hammered with all my girlfriends, I would think probably more dangerous being at a nightclub where you have every skeazy guy there trying to get in your pants.
Speaker 2: That's funny. I was just gonna say that because I was gonna say after we went to Thunder down Under. We went to a club and we had a table and bottle service, and guys kept coming up and we kept trying to get rid of them. That was scarier. At least the guys on like Thunder down Under or Chippendale's they're controlled. They're on the stage, they do their job, they leave, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And honestly, to me, a lot of them seemed like they probably weren't interested in females at all.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, just zero guessing by no man shaving or what's man escaping?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: But then the Chippendale show starts and we get a glimpse into what the girls experience. Men ripping off their shirts, stripping down to their underwear. I love just even reading this. Humping the air, yeah.
Speaker 2: And some showing their bare butts.
Speaker 1: But the mom taught girls that stayed for the show are having the time of their life. Demi got pulled up on stage and a Chippendale placed her hands on his butt cheeks, and then Layla was pulled up on stage and one of the dancers was grinding on her.
Speaker 2: Wait, can can I just back up? Is Demi's husband is LDS? Is that correct? I think so, the older guy that's like forty six or something, the ex football player, he is access.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's active, but I mean, I know they met when Demi was ten in the church.
Speaker 2: They could have just been family friends. I don't think they were like making out or anything. No, I'm not implying.
Speaker 1: That, but it's still weird to me, Like, I've known you since I was ten, but then when I hit twenty four, it was on and poppin'. But I'm also like, okay, we're we're gonna judge this right here.
Speaker 2: But okay, wait, let me ask one more question. I find it interesting that Taylor left.
Speaker 1: I know what I think Taylor was just like, I'm thirty nine weeks pregnant and I'm freaking exhausted and I don't even want to sit in this uncomfortable yea and eat donuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I feel like it was more of a pregnancy thing than actually Dakota, because I don't feel like he has a lot of control over her. So I think you're right, it was probably more of a pregnancy issue as opposed to her just you know, bowing down and listening to him.
Speaker 1: And I think that the Tippindale show starts at like nine o'clock, Like, it's not like a seven, it's not a matinee.
Speaker 2: No, it's way too late. I could have taken a nap during it, if there was an intermission, I would have taken a little nap, a little a little nappy nap and.
Speaker 1: Without a beverage like and being that pregnant. And you know, I think she was just like few these other girls are leaving now, excuse to go home and have a magnum soda and eat some junk and listen to other people's problems. But I don't think she really gave two shits what Dakota.
Speaker 2: Had to say.
Speaker 1: But I feel like the fact that any of these women can pass any judgment on the ones that stayed, but they're fine with putting fruity cereal in their vaginas, Yeah, seems a little confusing to me.
Speaker 2: I'm still confused by the fruity. I tell you, I feel like maybe you should do a fruity pebbles cockering like integration and see what happens. Well, that's going to be my next only fan. That's your homework. Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, guys. Sorry kids, I can't take you to school this morning.
Speaker 1: I've got a fruity pebbles experiment.
Speaker 2: I need to do. But no, you can't have any of them.
Speaker 1: Let me know how it goes. Then they're back at the airbnb. Which also, I don't really like to stay in an airbnb in Vegas.
Speaker 2: I don't either. You got to stay in the casinos, in the hotels. Why would you stay in an airbnb like? Offstrip? How not fun?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: How zero?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm guessing that's where they can film, But I mean Housewives. I've been to Vegas multiple times and filmed Housewives and hotel rooms.
Speaker 2: We filmed in Vegas. We filmed at Westgate, a hotel right on the strip. But maybe season one they were on the cheap. Maybe, I don't know. It's those off those houses off the strip in Vegas that remind me. Did you ever watch the show Jigglos? Oh my god, yes, that was, isn't it. It's such a it's such a Jigglo setting.
Speaker 1: It's a Jiggleo setting and it's also did you watch the documentary about Heidi Flies?
Speaker 2: No, no, that Vegas? My gosh, did you watch the Bunny Ranch?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did watch the Bunny Ranch. Shane was all about the Bunny Ranch. We even met the guy, the guy that owned the Bunny Ranch. We met him in like Reno at a restaurant. Well, now, the woman that runs the Bunny.
Speaker 1: Ranch, it's it's a woman now, and she is hilarious because I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't say how I know her.
Speaker 1: It's nothing salacious, but I do, and she cracks me up. But yeah, they're back at the Airbnb. Jen and Taylor are complaining about this trip and how shitty it's turning out to be. Then Zach texted Jen saying I'm done. I'm not interested in talking. I can't do.
Speaker 2: This anymore with you.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, the camera crew is filming Zach gambling at the casino, like, no, he's.
Speaker 2: Just wasting that medical school money one ship at a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then, can you also explain to me when Dakota's husband, I mean, when Dakota becomes good friends with Demi's husband and calls Brett from the Vegas strip.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. I don't get it either. I don't know, but Brett clearly I don't think he had an issue with it, right, Brett's like, I don't give a My wife is hot and like so am I and so am I and doing just fine. And I just wiped the cereal from my lip and I'm glad to go. I'm gonna toss the football later with my shirt off. It's all good. It is all good.
Speaker 1: Dakota starts to get emotional as his mind jumps to the worst case scenarios with Taylor going to Chippendale's. Brett gives some words of encouragement to him that seems to revive Dakota's mood. But I'm like, if anybody should be worried about somebody in Vegas, like if and I'm not trying to place blame, but if somebody is a recovering addict, I'd probably be more concerned for that. And like, she's not giving him a hard time about where he is.
Speaker 2: No, and she's also like nine months pregnant, Like what does he think she's going to do? Yeah, like what She's probably not even wanting to bone you. She I mean, she looks miserable, she's got like a sweat outfit on and everyone else's dress up, like, I don't think she's there to mingle with the guys. No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Then de Me, Jesse, Layla, and Macy arrive back at the house after the show. They give the three girls a recap of what missed. Jen, Taylor, and Michael seem annoyed by the girl's excitement. They don't care how the show went. I don't think Taylor was really annoyed. I think Taylor was just like whatever, I've probably been to one of these before, like it is what it is, but the other ones did. At this point, Jen is just down in the dumps.
Speaker 2: She's like she.
Speaker 1: Can't even look up, she can't be bothered to move her hair over and cover her tracks like none of them.
Speaker 2: I know she's done. She is a broken woman. Yeah, she is not handling it well.
Speaker 1: And then we see that zach'sent a long text to Jen, and from what we were able to read, so thank you to Maddie, one of our producers who felt the need to take a screen grab of the television so she could capture the three seconds that.
Speaker 2: It was on.
Speaker 1: And it says something along the lines of do you want to read it.
Speaker 2: Seriously, I don't want to hear one more time about your heart. Start taking accountability for your actions and the situations you put yourself in. You're a grown woman. Doesn't matter your intention, you were there, and that's the image you portray of your self, family, church, et cetera. Everyone you represent with this platform. The fact you would have to ask me, is he us the R word? The R word? Yeah, we don't use that word. Yeah. And it's like Jen, the fact that he's sending the text while he's like, excuse me, he has to stop the dealer, hold on, I got to send this text, yeah, like hold up, let me.
Speaker 1: And also I'm like, are you allowed to have phone? Like at the gambling table. I'm not a gambler, but I do feel like.
Speaker 2: They don't, like they don't you have your phones?
Speaker 1: But also we have to also remember he is gambling with her money and now coming after her in the midst of all this. And it's like, if you want to place your bet on something, Jen or Zach, it's the flags that I see in this relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's and the hair. I can't with his hair. They both could use a hair makeover. Yeah. The hair. You need to go to Jiz and get figured out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I have to skip and I know that we're gonna get more into the relationship with Zach and Jen and what happens that, you know, when she leaves and does everything.
Speaker 2: But before that, can we talk about.
Speaker 1: What's happened as of recent with the tiktoks with Jen and Zach?
Speaker 2: Well, so are they alluding to them not being together?
Speaker 1: Well, there's one TikTok where there's like they're for sure elluding, like I forgot where we left off, and then the other one's like you broke up or you know something like that, and it's like we're alluding to that.
Speaker 2: Then there's another one where it's like she's got the ring on. Then there's another. But this is my question.
Speaker 1: I stand, this is reality TV, it's for entertainment, it's all these things.
Speaker 2: But if you are seriously in.
Speaker 1: A decent marriage, I'm not even saying good. If you're in a decent marriage, you're not making joke tiktoks about it.
Speaker 2: No, that was my question. Why would you think it's okay to make content where you're questioning your marriage like that doesn't make sense to me. I wouldn't do that with Shane. No, And I mean, look, I get it. It would get a lot of views, and it would, and it would It would create a lot of controversy and stories. If I made content alluding to the fact that Shane and I were no longer together, people would lose their minds. But I would never do that for the sake of just getting more followers or more likes or whatever. And let's say they are still together.
Speaker 1: I need to know he's more okay with her, making reference is on TikTok and mom talk that they're over than he is. For her to attend a Chippendale's thing, Like, to me, that's more right degrading if that is the case.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, But I guess because that makes money. But being at Shippendale's. But this is what I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I don't know how does it make money if there's not an ad involved?
Speaker 2: Like are they wearing a shirt that they're getting paid for? Like, I don't know. I guess I think of it as the more content they produce, the more followers they get, and then when they do get AD revenue. Oh, and I guess TikTok pays on I don't even have TikTok. I don't know. I guess TikTok pays based on views. It does, so does Facebook. You know, every once in a while, I get like a twenty dollars check from Facebook. Thank you Meta. Hold on, why are you please tell me you're not one.
Speaker 1: Of those that posts like.
Speaker 2: Like Teresa and oh no, I don't. I'm not okay, I am not click, I am not Lincoln Bio. That's Vicky Lincoln Bio Gumbelson like, I don't do that stuff. No, Well, then how are you getting paid by facebooks? I think it's like TikTok. I think it's just based on views, because I don't I.
Speaker 1: Made a whole twenty bucks congratulation I've patient, yeah, I have made about twenty eight dollars on Facebook.
Speaker 2: Yess I'm not. I could not. I could now buy some cockeries with eight dollars to spare right.
Speaker 1: But then to me, we get into Demi thinking it's gross that Zach would threaten Jen with divorce when she does nothing but support him. To me, asks if Jen and Taylor are miserable in the relationship.
Speaker 2: Taylors of course.
Speaker 1: Like, yes, miserable, then Jan admits she's worried that Zach is alone with his thoughts. She won't be able to sleep tonight unless she talks to him. Like, he's not alone with his thoughts, he's alone with your cash spend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's alone with his chips. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean the fact that he won't even hang out with Dakota as another surefire sign that he is not concerned about anything but himself. But then then we get to the next morning, all the girls go to bed. The next morning at the Airbnb, everyone's there except for Jen. We knew Jen was going to go there. We knew, right, would if you were in a major if you're on a housewife trip and Shane was in the same city and you got into a major fight with him, would you leave the housewife House offstrip and go find him in the hotel? No?
Speaker 2: I would just talk a lot of shit about him on camera in the housewife House film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, if anybody should be coming anywhere, it should be Zach coming where the cameras are to the house, so that we could witness the fight.
Speaker 2: Right, don't they know how this works? Like we don't care about what happens off camera? Right?
Speaker 1: Believe anything but Demi tells everyone that Jen left the house at two am. She was texting Zach all night because he wouldn't talk to her on the phone or see her in person. Yeah, because his hand is underneath the gambling table, texting and writes and gambling, he can't be answering the phone that he would have to step away from the table. But Jen had de me read their entire text. That was a mistake, Jen, just so that was.
Speaker 2: That was a mistake. I mean, especially when you know the next day you're gonna be like, everything's fine, we worked it all out. It's great. You shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 1: No, and when you have, especially if the if the text message is just like you.
Speaker 2: Hurt my feelings, this upset me, blah blah blah. But no, it's you're disgusting. I don't love you anymore. And he talks crap about everybody else's relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I I don't want to be compared to any of these assholes. So and so's a cheater, so and so's married to a fifty year old this person's that.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: My only response I think to Zach would be at two am if he was still harassing me after I left the Chippendale show at nine to fifteen pm and been texting ever since. Was like, listen, you better be paying me back for whatever you've been gambling, asshole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sending an invoice, I'm sending a wall request. Yeah, vinmo request, and then I'm gonna ssue you. But I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna have Emily type up a legal zoom and handleshit for me.
Speaker 2: So excuse me. But then.
Speaker 1: Demi claims that Zach was threatening to take the kids, threatening to move back to his mom's house.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, that's such a threat. I'm gonna go move in with my mom. So for if Shane was to take the kids to move in with his mom, M'd be like, how can I help? Yes, awesome? Should I pack your back or sounds great? See you guys next week. I'd love a week off. Appreciate good time. Thank you so much for that. I'm going to go to my don't make me leave with the kids and go to my mom. Don't threaten me with a good time.
Speaker 1: Right then, Jen confided into me about Zach's gambling issues. Zach's family gave him a chuck of money to get through medical school and he.
Speaker 2: Blew through it.
Speaker 1: The fact that Zach even thinks he can negotiate any kind of argument when we're hearing this information.
Speaker 2: I want to know what Zach's parents think about his gambling problem and him blowing through all his medical school money on gambling. I want to know what they think about it.
Speaker 1: I also want to know if he's in medical school right now. I really find it hard for my imagination to It would be like if I were to say to you, Emily, in three months I start medical school, You'd be like, Teddy, you barely graduated high school?
Speaker 2: Like, what don't you have to go to college first?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Don't you have to read a book? Like I can't even read a book.
Speaker 1: I listened to audio books, so like, I don't know, I just don't find it feasible.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm surprised that you haven't dug deeper into that and figured out if he's actually currently enrolled in medical school or not.
Speaker 1: Know what it would have taken for me to go that level of research if he were hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the hair. It just turns you off. Doesn't you just care? Yeah? I can't. I'm like I can't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I care enough to ask you about it because hopefully I thought you would know, or maybe one of our producers would have written in the chat. Oh, his mom posted he's going to med school in Arizona. He's going, but has he gone? When does med school start? Like?
Speaker 2: Okay, so are they moving to Arizona? Are they gonna Well, if he's in med school Arizona, they have to live in Arizona. So how is she going to be a part of mom talk now if she lives in Arizona.
Speaker 1: Well, it feels like she's really doubled down on her mom Talk tiktoks and I think they've already started filming allegedly. So my guess is he's on his own there and maybe they're still trying to be together. But because I mean, if she's going to have to keep paying for him to go to this med school, she's going to need to keep working.
Speaker 2: I want to know. I want to see their tax returns. I want to know how much they're actually making from just social media, because I don't know how you support kids and a lifestyle and pay for your husband to go to med school all from social media, like.
Speaker 1: Well, I also want to know what's the cost of living in Utah versus California. Oh, well, that's not even comparable, right, But like, what do you think, like a month it's costing her to pay for a house to rent their kids. I mean, their kids are too young to even go to school, but in order to film there has to be there have to be paying someone to watch them to eat too. Are we thinking five thousand a month?
Speaker 2: Are we thinking I'd say more because I know rent there is pretty high right now. I know it's difficult. You can't find like a two bedroom for any less than twenty five hundred a month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they have a lot of kids. But the fact that Zach is private and on Instagram and his mom deleted her profile or she changed her handles that republic, it's a pretty pretty good sign that things are askew. But then my favorite I can't help but love Taylor. Taylor on the phone with Dakota and he's upset that she met the Chippendales and he's like, why didn't you tell me?
Speaker 2: And she's like, we haven't talked. I'm telling you now. If there was just a visual of zero age, it would be Taylor on the phone with Dakota, and he's just like, spot, you didn't.
Speaker 1: Tell me you met them, and blub Dakota, You're lucky. She's even given you the time of day one time. Count your lucky stars, right. I can't like, does it?
Speaker 2: Doesn't it? Don't you have someone to DM, Dakota, don't you have to get up in somebody's dms or don't you need to play on your PlayStation? Are they together? That's my question? Are they together still? I think they are. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like if they are together, it won't be for long. She may be just like holding out because I mean, I love that. I've just made up in my head that Dakota doesn't have a job, so he'll be even though they've told us he has one.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if I believe that. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't some some sort of job there or doing haavers or something.
Speaker 2: He just drives the truck around with a box in the back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, moving into different girlfriend's houses. But I feel like as soon as her baby gets a little bit older and she's not going to need his assistance and in that like newborn stage, she's gonna for sure.
Speaker 2: Be like go kick rocks da coda, because there's no way she likes him. Yeah, I mean we don't like him.
Speaker 1: I mean, and we clearly have the world's best taste in men, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Living the dream over here. Yeah, k, we can't help ourselves.
Speaker 1: But Macy hears the conversation and she thinks Dakota's insecurity is stemming from a secret he's hiding, which brings it back to the confession she received on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Which brings me back to Emily. We forgot to do this. What do we forget?
Speaker 1: We forgot to do confessions and see if people actually confide shit in us, like.
Speaker 2: I don't know, oh on our own Instagram, Like yeah, oh okay, let's do that after this. Let's do that, Let's both do it, and that's say, what are we making a podcast again after this one? Oh yeah, just see you guys that.
Speaker 1: We're trying to figure out what show to recap after Secret Lives of Warm Wives. We don't want to get ourselves into another too hot to handle situations.
Speaker 2: So yeah, if we have a.
Speaker 1: Little break, it's because we're figuring out what show we want to talk about. And also, let us know any good juicy, juicy ones. We should we want to recap Southern Charm, but it's like.
Speaker 2: Hello, Bravo, where Southern Charm? Where is it?
Speaker 1: Then we get to the girls talking about Whitney and her absence from the Girl's trip.
Speaker 2: Were you glad that Whitney wasn't there? Did you think it was better without her there? Or do you think we needed a villain? I mean, Zach was definitely the villain. I don't know if we could handle Zach and Whitney on that trip.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I forgot Whitney wasn't there until they pointed it out, until they.
Speaker 2: Were like, oh, it's so nice, just six of us.
Speaker 1: Oh, hold on, we've got some information on Dakota.
Speaker 2: Breaking news, breaking news. Read it again. Here we go. Okay, So Dakota. Before becoming a known and known face on TikTok, Dakota embarked on his journey on the platform in twenty twenty two, starting with a video captioned the only kind of Love I Want. At this point, his creative flair quickly caught the who wrote this his creative did? His creative flair quickly caught the attention of many. Illustrated by his quote okay, maybe just a little unquote couple skit, which exploded in popularity, garnering more than one million views. Beyond his social media exploits, Dakota has also ventured into the real estate industry, where he has found success. He owns Basin Tiling, a company operating in Idaho and Utah, which marks his entrepreneurial footprint outside the digital world. Basin Tiling has six hundred and twenty five followers and no website. Crushing it. Crushing it, Dakota.
Speaker 1: Rush, Dakota, slide on into my damc Yeah, making some money, honey, Let's make.
Speaker 2: Some content together, Dakota, since you have a creative flair that quickly caught the attention of Mini, including us. Because we're still talking about you know, we need to stop. We need to stop talking.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're back to Macy hasn't given up on Whitney coming back to mom talk. She believes if Whitney were to apologize for the things she's done, they would forgive her.
Speaker 2: They're gonna forgive anybody that makes some money. They've even forgiven Zach. I know, let's I mean, let's get over the fact that you guys have to forgive each other to make content, like we all know how it works. They don't care. Yeah, they don't give a shit.
Speaker 1: Listen, I would make content with about anyone if I could support somebody going through medical school, my house, my kids, all of it. Sure, put me in a TikTok with whoever you want.
Speaker 2: We should start old mom talk.
Speaker 1: Old old moms talk, old mom talk, old mom talk.
Speaker 2: Who else would be in our I mean.
Speaker 1: We have to have we have to be old moms but have somewhat younger kids.
Speaker 2: So like, who else fits that demographic for us?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Gina, Gina, but she she as old as us. She's forty now.
Speaker 1: Oh well, welcome to the forty club, Gina. Yeah, okay, Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: There's no one old moms with young GIRs.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not sure that Dari would be interested in old mom talking with us.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem like an aesthetic she'd be interested.
Speaker 1: No, But then to me and Jesse say they have no interest in mending things with Whitney if she's never going to show them.
Speaker 2: True friendship, I think that ship sailed. But then, but don't you worry.
Speaker 1: Then we get to Whitney and Connor's house and Whitney Whitney is of course.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, can I ask you a question? Is this house doesn't it look different than the house they walked into in the first episode. It's a different house, right.
Speaker 1: It's either a different house or maybe they live with one of their parents at this point, because I feel like we have seen the house, but this isn't that house.
Speaker 2: So when they came back from Hawaiian like that first episode and they walk into a house and are like, hey, welcome to our new house and they pop the champagne, I don't think that's the house that they film in after that.
Speaker 1: Maybe they have like a standard rule that every time Connor changes his hair, they have to change where they live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would make sense. Or grow a mustache. Connor's eyebrows are killing me. I can't does he get them? Are they threaded? Is it wax? Are they tattooed on? What is going on? You just got a fresh microbe blading? What's is that everyone's doing on their lips now too?
Speaker 1: Like the rose tattoos, So you don't have to wear lip gloss.
Speaker 2: I can't. I just can't. But Connor, of course is in on the hot tea.
Speaker 1: He's like, he comes into the room and he's like, you want to talk about it? Because he spoke to Jesse's husband. I love a Jesse's husband doesn't even get a name. We have not either, goes honestly like, hold a gun to my head and say what's Jesse's husband's name?
Speaker 2: And I'd be like, don't know. Has he even been on camera other than the one hot tub scene for like five seconds?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the hot tub with the flask. That's the only thing I know him from. Yeah. But after hearing what happened, Whitney is so glad she didn't attend the girl's trip because it isn't friends with these women anymore. Besides, Macey, Whitney admits she did have fomo when she heard that this trip was happening, but after hearing about this drama, this fomo went away.
Speaker 2: Supposedly, Yeah, she's so happy she didn't go. And she's team Zach.
Speaker 1: Oh, Whitney's saying she could see where Zach was coming from because Jen's not a good friend. Is of course the only take Whitney could have Exactly, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, of course you would say this. But then we're back in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Jin is still Mia, She's not answering anyone's calls, and the girls are starting to get worried, so they decide to get in the pool with during a wind tunnel.
Speaker 2: Oh was there a lot of wind? Are you kidding me? Like during that bar.
Speaker 1: And they're all like their cover ups are flying off, like what is happening? It looks like a terrible like eight minutes in the hot tub, but this is the second time we've put them in a precarious situation in a hot tub where you can tell they don't want to actually be in water, but they just can't sit on that couch anymore.
Speaker 2: That's at the Airbnb. They're like, guys, we got to switch up the background. You gotta get the hots up.
Speaker 1: But Jen finally texted me. She says she was up all night talking to Zach. It was the hardest conversation they've ever had. I gotta say, I don't believe her on that.
Speaker 2: No, you don't believe Well you think they had a conversation or do you think she just went apologize, got down on her knees, beg for forgiveness and that was the end of it.
Speaker 1: Well, probably that too, But I don't believe this was the hardest conversation they ever had. I think they've probably had multiple hard conversations, like when he squandered all of his money from med school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I woulde I mean if she had a If she don't. She seems very subservient though, so I don't know if she ever. I mean, do you think she said something to him about the money? Like do you think they got in an argument. Do you think she brought it up? Or do you think she was like, it's okay, I'll just make more on mom talk.
Speaker 1: I think she's like, okay, I'll just give you an allowance for your gambling so we can't go over that amount. And like does he not have a credit card or an ATM card to get more money out?
Speaker 2: Like was she did? She just hand him the cash and she's like, this is what you get. I don't know. I have so many questions and you don't get upset. Do you think Zach would come on the pod? I doubt it, but we could try.
Speaker 1: I would sland into his DMS, but now that he's private, it's not accessible to me.
Speaker 2: Bummer.
Speaker 1: But then of course Dakota shows up to the house unannounced, do we think Dakota just wants to be on television?
Speaker 2: Like what is he doing? I don't know. He shows up everywhere like unannounced. He just even the photo shoot, he shows up unannounced, and he takes his shirt off, and he shows up at the house unannounced. He comes to Vegas, don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think he moved unannounced, right, He's just like, here's my box in my Rubik's cube.
Speaker 2: I'm here. I don't know. Do you think it's producers pushing him into being this annoying person, or do you think he's really just that annoying on his own with no bush, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like he might just be that annoying. And I feel like he can't be by himself for a second, which I also find as a very annoying trait in humans, Like I like to be by myself, Like I like to be around people, but I like my alone time. And people that can't understand that, Uh.
Speaker 2: I agree. I agree. I like to do things alone too. I don't I don't need I don't need people.
Speaker 1: I don't need people constantly around me. But he goes up to Taylor's room. They're like, he's like woo's Taylor doing? And they're like sleeping up where she's exhausted and birthing in four days from now and has to go on a Vegas trip where she can't even do anything. But he goes up to the room. Macey and Michaela stand outside of the room to eavesdrop, like, why didn't they get a cup and put their ear up to the door, like at least do it, right, ladies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't they have like a stethoscope or something. Jack's in med school, Come on, ladies.
Speaker 1: Dakota admits he overreacted last night and apologizes to Taylor.
Speaker 2: She hears this and starts to sob.
Speaker 1: They're seventeen days away from having their baby and their relationship is so bad. Macy doesn't know what when she should tell Taylor about the anonymous confession. Michael MICHAELA, you know, she shouldn't do it tonight.
Speaker 2: Mikaela. Yeah. She's like, you should do it now. She's like, you should actually barge in the room. Yeah, right now, just get in the bed in between them and just pull it up on your phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just show the confession and then get her on a FaceTime or actually, better yet, get her to the airbnb, but I love that. We're finally at episode seven, and Mikaela's like, all right, I'll.
Speaker 2: Show up to work today.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, thank you, Michaela. Then the girls are going out for their last night in Vegas. They haven't heard from Jin, so they assume she won't be joining them for dinner. Demi decides to call Jen while they're at the restaurant and puts her on speaker. When Demi asks Jen how her talk with Zach went, she says, oh, things are great. It honestly was so I feel like every time somebody has shit with their significant other and then they want to backtrack, they say it was needed, like this is a breaking point that we needed.
Speaker 2: This is her, that's the default. It was so needed, Like it's.
Speaker 1: Just it really helped us get stronger now so much better. Now we're so much better than The girls are shocked. Macey thinks it sounds like Jen has a gun to her head. She's gone back to pretending everything's perfect. And then after dinner, the girls plan to go bar hopping.
Speaker 2: But I know, I know, like I just love it.
Speaker 1: Taylor's on probation, so she's not allowed to go to any bar, so some of them stay back.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe that's why. Do you think that's why they had to say in the AIRBA beat she not allowed.
Speaker 1: Oh I wonder if she's a casino, you're the lawyer, do something.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, Okay, let me let me look up casino, like do your prep work or something. Sorry, But then Taylor.
Speaker 1: Would like to believe it's true. But if it is, she will leave him in a heartbeat. This is when Macy Mikaela decided to hang back with Your Taylor aka break the Confession news, and Macy thinks this is the best time to tell Taylor about the confession.
Speaker 2: Taylor, what what what would be the best time, Like if you were going to tell a friend something like that, what would be the best time?
Speaker 1: Probably before, like months before when she found out right play on pror not?
Speaker 2: Like holding on to it for months and months and months waiting for the right time on camera to do it.
Speaker 1: Seventeen days before she birthed right when I don't know was it three months ago? She says to the group. If she finds out it is true, she's leaving him. No, no, God forbid, give her a heads up then, So she could leave him and get her shit in order and he can get his box of stuff.
Speaker 2: No, no, wait it out seventeen wait out better wait, wait until she's in Vegas about to give birth and she's not allowed to go in any of the bars because she's on probation. That's the best time and sweats and evorable.
Speaker 1: And with her stocker boyfriend following her around to all the filming.
Speaker 2: Locations, that's the best time.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Taylor wants to believe it's not true, because if it is, she will leave him in a heartbeat.
Speaker 2: Wait, can we just talk about the actual confession?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: The girl Jenna, right, that's her name, supposedly is she the one that sent it? Do we know that or we think it might be this girl named Jenna? Well, we get into this in the next episode. Emily, Okay, sorry, it's all blurred together. But I just like how she said accidentally. That's my favorite part of the confession. Yeah, you accidentally? I hate Wait, do you hate it when you accidentally sleep with people? I hate when he accidentally sticks it in? Yeah? What what? I wasn't ready for that when I took off all.
Speaker 1: Naked photos prior. But then Jen starts to recap her Jen shows up. She wants to She wants everybody to know, to know that Zach apologized and realized he was wrong. I was like, if it's not on camera, it didn't happen. So I don't like, yep, how did she know? How did she know what bar they were at?
Speaker 2: You know what? They all track each other on mom talk I think.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe on snapchat you can always find people's locations.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're also snappers.
Speaker 1: I can't figure out how to snapchat, but if I could, I would track where you were right now, because clearly you're not here, but you're willing to zip on over to LA for other people.
Speaker 2: I am sorry, apparently sorry, I know, sorry about that. I'm back. Sorry, I'm apologizing, like exacted, sorry, it's all my fault.
Speaker 1: Well, now that your besties with Shena, you can ask her if she can follow your location, because remember she follows all of her friends location.
Speaker 2: That's right, I'm going to ask her at the end. I feel like we're gonna bond so much that I'm gonna be she's going to be following my location. I don't leave my house though, so it's not very exciting or need you, I can just ask Seena where you are.
Speaker 1: But I also saw that Shena is besties with the Mom Talk girls.
Speaker 2: She did a bunch of tiktoks with them, I know. And if I show up to do this podcast and she doesn't ask me to do any tiktoks, I'm gonna feel really really bad about myself. Well, I gotta tell you.
Speaker 1: If you want to be doing tiktoks, you can't be wearing a cart again.
Speaker 2: I can't wish that I wear. No, you have to one.
Speaker 1: You have to wear an oversized sweatshirt with some sort of logo on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then you know what.
Speaker 1: I mean, like you have to really I have to embrace the light like that you're at home taking care of the kids. You can't be looking like formal and like sophisticated.
Speaker 2: All right, Oh my gosh, Okay, Okay, I'll change before I go. I'll downgrade.
Speaker 1: You got a down grade and you gotta really or you could just wear the outfit that Whitney wore when she when she was bringing the cake, the one with the pussy bow.
Speaker 2: What what was that that she had on? But I'm gonna find it, And where does she shop. I don't even understand where you find these outfits.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I feel like we got to figure it out when we start our old mom talk, but hashtag old mom talk, old mom talk, old mom talk. We wear cardigans and baseball caps and what is what is the our other aesthetics that we do for old moms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we take naps in between content. Oh yeah, naps. Okay, now we have to do it. I could visualize it. I could visualize this is this, this TikTok, this real that we're gonna make.
Speaker 1: It's getting annoyed when our kids come in our room after we've personally gone to bed, like I'll put Dub to bed, but then if I put Cruise in slaves bed, and then if they want to come in to talk to me, and it's like after eight forty, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, what I do the same thing? Annabelt does it. I'm like, get out, why are you in here? Leave me alone? We already did all of this, Like this is my alone talk.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to figure out this murder on the television and I can't have you interrupting it. Or now old moms also watch outer Banks because I'm watching that now, I've already watched.
Speaker 2: Have you watched season four already? No? Not that I got okay, it was season four. I've done one storgery, all right, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, anyways, Jen starts to recap her fight with Zach, and she says things like, Zach has these narcissistic qualities that will come out every few months, but who's to say in another marriage that won't be the same thing. I truly feel like I've never met someone who loves me more than him.
Speaker 2: She said that, because that's what he says to her. No one will ever love you like I do. Oh, that's such.
Speaker 1: But then, to me brings up a great point. Jen got married at twenty.
Speaker 2: But I love it. Then I read it, and then I realized that shady ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, DEMI brings up a point. Jen got married at twenty before her brain fully developed.
Speaker 2: She doesn't know what else is out there for her.
Speaker 1: Jesse is very passionate about Jen's situation because she went through something similar with her ex husband. And then Jesse's at a point where she never wants to be in the same room with Zach again. Jen starts sobbing because it's hard to talk about all of this.
Speaker 2: That is hard because you know, she just had a conversation with Zach where she just like smoothed everything over and said everything that he needed to hear. And then she steps into a situation with her girlfriends where they give her a big dosa reality.
Speaker 1: And then she has to figure out more fibbs to try to make it seem like this was a normal interaction even though we all saw the text. But this leads us into the finale. So thank you guys for tuning in to episode seven of Secret Lives of Mormon Wives. Stay tuned for old mom talk coming sometime in the near future.
Speaker 2: Then we'll be back next week to recap episode eight. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: M m mm hmm.