Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys world headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Anthony dor set De, Montrey Moore, and New He scrugs.
Speaker 2: Here we are.
Speaker 4: Everybody welcome into the Players Lounge. We are here at the Star in Frisco, Texas's headquarters of Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Know the crew.
Speaker 4: Anthony Dorset sporting his former team here the oh he was not a Las Vegas Raiders.
Speaker 5: Oh Oakland Raider? Who playton?
Speaker 4: We got former Dallas Cowboy, former Dallas Cowboy, Barry Church.
Speaker 5: Pastor all dressed up chocolate.
Speaker 4: I am knocking new He scrugs, here for the conversation and not playing. So gentlemen, it's raining outside. The cowboys are outside practicing.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Here we go, come on, so here we go.
Speaker 7: This this, this, let me jump into this right now ahead, y'all soft in the molly.
Speaker 4: Rising man who cares first of the benefit of It's a flood warning in the area.
Speaker 6: Where's the flooded out out there?
Speaker 8: I'm just saying what the what's the benefits, man, Like, what's the You're playing indoors the next like three three.
Speaker 6: Games, Jerry might be opening up the roof.
Speaker 9: Up.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: That's the first thing I said when I came in. I'm like, Okay, it's raining, so they out there or.
Speaker 10: Maybe they're gonna open it up.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 10: But at the end of the day, what did you say before we came on?
Speaker 8: You gotta you gotta play, bro, You gotta you gotta go through the elements.
Speaker 9: You gotta you.
Speaker 8: Gotta have a little put you in the elements that you don't know everybody's been in there forever. And I honestly, I didn't even think about it that deep when you were saying that and like, oh, Jerry's gonna let open the dome. I'm thinking like, hey, shot, he's coming from a competitive environment.
Speaker 9: Hey get out there.
Speaker 8: We're gonna make you practice tougher than what it is for when you get out there. But this is a you're playing the Eagles. They got everything this week, you got Jaalen Carter. It's like, give yourself the competitive air. So he might be playing and rain giving you a competitive.
Speaker 11: You open up if you open up the dome You've been here for decades when it was a thunderstorm. Has has Jerry ever opened up the roof when it's raining?
Speaker 6: Where is it right now?
Speaker 9: It's raining raining.
Speaker 5: I had an hour drive before work.
Speaker 6: When I came in, it wasn't it wasn't raining.
Speaker 5: My line is definitely slick out there. So I just asked the question. You were here church, they were, They were here early. So I just asked him.
Speaker 4: I said, help me, And I asked producer Chris, I'm just asking a question. Okay, I don't I didn't play.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 5: They have they have built the force, they have built in.
Speaker 8: Your atility, and that's what I said. I'm with you, though, Barry on this. Like I understand trying to get the competitive edge or whatever the case may be, if you do let the top open, but where you're at right now, we can't afford those injuries, like because it is the pattern is going to be that good to where we're gonna win. But say we go out there and yeah, they're not in full past. They're just in hell men say, and your T shirts and stuff, but it go up there, catch one catch it. Somebody reaggravate something not gonna but that's when it's like this was dumb, Like what was it the jayde and Daniels thing where you sit there saying, oh, he shouldn't have been in late in the game, and then like hindsight twenty twenty.
Speaker 7: That's I say this, you know, and y'all know shoddy and you know and everything else like that. I really don't think that if it was going to be something that was going to slow down the speed of practice or actually like impair practice in any kind of way, that they would still be out there, Like I think it'll be real easy, like yo, just take it inside.
Speaker 2: You know, which is true.
Speaker 5: So I just wanted to ask the question says, you know, we saw.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying that when when did it get to be so soft that like just because it's and like I said, it wasn't raining when I pulled in, so when y'all came in, it might be a little bit different.
Speaker 9: You know, get that. I tell you what.
Speaker 8: It got to be soft when you bought these amenities that you have, when you got a nice indoor like that that barely get used.
Speaker 4: It's like, which is why they you know, built it. That was one of the things. Oh well, we need, we need to be able to go indoors and implement.
Speaker 5: Whether that was that's part of it.
Speaker 4: That was all, especially when they were back at at at Valley and they.
Speaker 5: Had to go on over the Highland Park to go practice.
Speaker 4: So anyway, just just use the parts.
Speaker 2: Now, that was the year before I got that situation.
Speaker 4: I was going up that day because it was it was another O t A. It was like the final ots started to go up there and I was like, you know what, I'm gonna sit right here on this couch and then looked up and saw everything that happened, man.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it was. That was brutal.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 4: It was an awful day. It was an awful day. And yeah, so uh no, I won't forget it. I don't forget those that were you know, injured in that.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: It was traumatic.
Speaker 4: But anyway, the Cowboys built the star for, you know, to be able to have that option. So Brian Shot, the head coach, decided not to take the option. So the Cowboys were four or five and one taking on the Eagles, and Matt Eberflus, the defensive coordinator, got a little bit of help.
Speaker 5: Against your raiders.
Speaker 4: They did well, so Ibra Flues met the meeting and he was asked, you know, was what was it like in the office when they said that, hey man, we traded for defensive tackle Quinny Williams, And he said, quote, you could have heard a big yell. It was an exciting time for sure. Then he went on to say q has played in the attack front, so he knows it.
Speaker 5: The verbiage is.
Speaker 4: Very similar having Aaron white Cott in here with him. It's crazy how things work out. It's been a very easy transition for him. He's a true pro. He helps everybody, not just with his talent and his play, but he's coaching on the sideline. When you have the best players on the field practicing like Williams, everyone else follows. When your most talented guys do that, it has a big effect on the.
Speaker 5: Whole football team.
Speaker 4: And he also said that defensive tackles Kenny Clark and Osa Digzoo also graded out very well in their first Monday night game together along with Williams.
Speaker 11: The Gazoo was that PFFS top graded.
Speaker 8: Guys, the two top graded defense right here at the start, so you know newly you wasn't here. But the question was proposed to Bury last with all of us, but it was just like, do you think somebody can come in and be a leader right away week one? And me and Ad was like, you can being the player that you are, your resume already being there, but also just leading by example. And I think we seem to effect this weekend. So it's like now with a week going past it, Barry.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's that was one of my answers, was you know, leading by example, because I mean you see it, like you see him going out there dominating the way he did on that interior line.
Speaker 2: But not only that.
Speaker 11: I mean there's clips from the sideline where he's coming off the field with the young Donovhan Azerakle, young rookie defensive end, and.
Speaker 2: On the way up he's coaching him up. He's like, man, yeah, you should have hit this inside move right there.
Speaker 5: That's when you want to get the pressure.
Speaker 11: When I have that guard or whatever going backwards like that you get on the inside.
Speaker 2: So he's coaching these guys up, He's he's giving.
Speaker 11: Them that on field coaching, like he's an extension of the coaching staff, And that's what you hadn't had on this defense all all season long. To me, it looked like this defense was just everybody was too afraid to talk because they didn't have the confidence to go out there and pretty much vocalize what they want to do out there. Now with Williams in there, established guy, all pro, perennial all Pro guy, one of the best defensive tackles international Football League, came from the elite program, and he came exactly so you know, you still undefeated, but he's going to sting man.
Speaker 2: He's definitely doing this thing.
Speaker 4: Out there, Dak Prescott said in Vegas spun in after the game. We asked him about Quinn and he just talked about how he said, hey, man, I have to get here earlier because he's already here. He's setting the tone. He says, I'm learning from him. And so when Quentin met with the media yesterday, I asked him about the comment that Dak said. He said, Man, I'm just he says, I'm just trying to be me, and then he went on to talk about what a great leader Dak was. So this is one of those things and you guys played, have played and been in the rooms where you make a trade and you know what you see on tape of the talent. But then when you add more than Hey, here's a guy that's bringing his lunch pale, showing everybody this is what I'm doing. You can talk all day, love, but are you about the work? He's about the work. He's serious business. And then where I'll give guys in the room credit like a Kenny Clark and the Osu, a Diggi Zua that they really like, Hey, man, dude, you can make my job easier. Yeah, I mean you played d tackle. You know, dream is one on one. Dreams one on one is because they're doubling Q. They out there with choking him on one play and he's still out here recond shots.
Speaker 5: So Quinn Q is going to get double. That means you're free.
Speaker 4: So if you're able to get free, that's when we saw Houston get back there or Diggi zuas be able to play. This is a trade that, when you think about it, they had to give up next year's two. They're not going to find a player in the second round that's as good as Quinn, and then they're going to give up a one. If you get a player who can do all of that beat dominant elite player on the football field on his prime and affect the room where everybody's like, that's the guy you pay the prime.
Speaker 8: In my opinion, yeah, it's it's still it's still to be still to be seen. But right now at the initial start, especially just for the coming out party, it's like, right now it's starting to look.
Speaker 9: Like the Cowboys have one.
Speaker 8: Because when you think about it, you said, this was the argument with Kenny Clark coming in here.
Speaker 9: Kenny Clark, naturally he made a.
Speaker 8: Couple of people better, but it was like, ah, is he good enough to make a defense better? Well, you've seen that from day one. You've seen the man Kwinn Williams come in here, have not only one and a half sacks, not only have the production, but naturally, like you said, made everybody else better around him, and the defense significantly got better. Now the real test is going against the Eagles this week. But to come and play a penetration defense and think about how dominating he is one, I'm excited I think he won, but then also too, it makes me have another question that I want to ask y'all. As or as defensive former players. We talked about eber Flu's defense not being that complex. We're talking about Quinn winhas coming in here doing what he's doing and for him to significantly make this defense better. And then you see a guy like Carson come off of ir play every snap. Was the scheme really that difficult? Or was it the players?
Speaker 5: Man, Carpenter? The carpenter's too.
Speaker 10: So this is what I'm seeing, all right?
Speaker 7: Like start like you always like with basketball, I had to tell my son, like, Okay, the point guard is basically like the coach's brain on the court, all right, So flus has been looking for that that that that that person in that defense that could be basically his brain on the field more so than anything.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 7: So what I'm seeing, of course is with like, okay, the Kenney Clark edition was definitely one of them, but then who to bring quinning it? But now with this linebacker, okay, all right, so now we got somebody who could actually start start getting guys lined up pre snapped and start calling over some players pre snap and everything like that.
Speaker 6: What I'm seeing now is just like what you said.
Speaker 7: The carpenter got his tools, bro, and it's a totally different ball game. You know what they say, it ain't no fun When the rabbit got the gun, and right now the Cowboys seemed like they got the gun.
Speaker 10: But this week right.
Speaker 7: Here, you can't. You can't, you can't bush at all. You got call it what it is. This is going to be one that this is, this is the test all right at to this point right here, you know, and especially with the additions, this is going to be major. But I'm excited, you know what I'm saying, And I'm really excited to see just like what you guys have talked about this whole season, Flus got this defense that if you can ball, you can just go downhill and make plays.
Speaker 10: And it's looking like that's where they're headed right now.
Speaker 2: And we y'all play defense. Y'all understand this.
Speaker 11: When you see a couple of cats balling out on that defensive side of the football, you don't want to be that guy that's that's left out. You don't want to be that guy that's like, man, you know what Williams that made of played? Oh the Yazua made a play. These guys over there breaking up passes, I'm just out there. You don't want to go into that film session. Everybody's like, yeah, you see my past break up, now you see my sack out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yea, that's all all that, man. Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So it's forcing everybody out there to raise Yeah exactly, it's raising what they call force multiplier, whatever the case may be. He's forcing everybody to raise their game, which is which is awesome for.
Speaker 7: The and that's what you want to have. You want to have that type of defense that it's like, oh you just made that big hit.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, watch.
Speaker 6: So that right there, that competition in that room.
Speaker 10: Let's let's go.
Speaker 8: You gotta saying in the D line, sacks come in bunches, and when you've seen that, the sax was coming in the overflow, but it wasn't even that like like they say in church, when you get that overflow, what they say, tips and overthrows got to get them.
Speaker 9: And you've seen that in the back.
Speaker 8: So it's fronting and helping the back to back end and helping the front and it's really complimentary football. So back to what you originally said, like that's all right. Now it's looking like the Cowboys is one and Jerry's right when he said help is on the way. I could do the trading and stuff like that, because Quinn Williams not just him Logan as well, because he was another key component in that trade. But all the pieces that he have added, it's starting to look like they got a complete def It's right.
Speaker 2: This is one week.
Speaker 9: It's one week.
Speaker 2: It's the Raiders.
Speaker 4: Raiders are one of the worst teams in the National Football League. But I also say this, you couldn't beat Arizona. It's one of the worst teams in the league right now either. So at least you started right here. Quinton Williams, Quentin Williams, Quinn Williams has already made his his impact there. The test for the Cowboys and even when the you know when DQ was here, can you beat good teams?
Speaker 5: That has been the issue.
Speaker 4: So they get Philadelphia coming here, who's in first place, who's had some issues. This is not the team that won the Super Bowl last year. This is not Saquon Barkley who was challenging for the uh season record and rushing. This is a different football team. How do they respond?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: It's going to be a challenge up front. We talked about yesterday.
Speaker 4: So when I was in the locker room, one of the guys I wanted to talk to was rookie Tyler Booker. Tyler Booker's first game got got a little bit of help in the form of yeah, Dak Prescott got thrown out the football game before the first offensive snap.
Speaker 5: He'll be there today. He's a very good player. He's an elite player.
Speaker 4: As much as we talk about Q on the defensive side for the Cowboys, Carter is that.
Speaker 2: Dude over there.
Speaker 4: These are two of the premier guys in the league that are gonna go at it.
Speaker 5: So Tyler Booker will get some of that. He said when I asked.
Speaker 4: Him, how do you feel from your first game in the NFL to now? And he said, man like night and day, because remember it was the first game against Philadelphia, and then he got hurt, missed some time, and then he came back.
Speaker 5: He is, he's been, He's been a good draft pick.
Speaker 4: This is not a Mossie Smith situation where you're like, hey, man, you got it. But this guy loves football. This guy's here to play. But this is going to be one of those tests where you need a rookie and Tyler Booker to be on his game. They're going to have to figure out a way to run the football looking over here. Statistics when it comes to defense here yards per game, Philadelphia is giving up a bucko six, so they're tied fourteen. Cowboys defense right now when it comes run, they're twenty four. They're improving, but you've got to figure out a way to get one hundred yard. You gotta figure out a way to get a hundreyards. Yeah, the first game they were, they were closed. But I feel like they rapping the ball decently that first game.
Speaker 5: That first half they were good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they was rolling.
Speaker 4: Then the whole storm happened, will break, and then the second half nobody didn't even Yeah.
Speaker 6: That's but they were still missing Carter too as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, miss the big old piece out of their But they've got to figure they've got to figure out a way to get one hundred yards between Williams and Malik Davis.
Speaker 2: And these two, these two tackles for the Cowboys Smith Steele and uh Guyden. But they gotta bring they gotta they gotta bring it man.
Speaker 11: You know, shot he was talking last week talking about that that right tackle spot is kind of you know, a spot where they're looking, you know, they want to steals the guy right now. But he's got to improve and they got some guys that can come off the edge for Philadelphia. The young guy from Miami that they traded for Phillips. Phillips, he's been on a tear since he's gotten the Philadelphi has been on a tear. Out the sack in the quarterback TfL's, whatever the case may be. He's been on a tier. Graham came out of retirement. He's out there splitting heads. So they got the interior. This old line's got to bring their lunch pails because you're dealing with the Georgia boys, you know, Carter and Davis out there, but also on that edge man Nolan Smith's.
Speaker 2: I mean they got some cat Nakobe yah.
Speaker 11: I mean it's gonna be one of the them trenches where they gotta win the trenches if they want to win this ball game.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we talked about it, you know.
Speaker 7: We said it's gonna have to be some bullyball, you know, and and we are, like you said, going to have to figure out a way to run the ball to try to slow them boys down because if they could just pin their ears back and come downhill all game, it's gonna be ugly. So we're gonna have to stay committed to some type of run as we.
Speaker 4: Go to break here. The other thing that did to me is big. It is turnover margin. The Cowboys are negative four twenty, first in the league.
Speaker 2: And gonna win out of games like that.
Speaker 4: The Eagles are seventh plus six. You cannot give the football away. We saw that happen and the key that was a key part of the loss the first game.
Speaker 5: The old team of the coughing.
Speaker 7: Up the target that you get this week, they gotta be caught balls every target that you get this week, no.
Speaker 2: Drop, no jobs, scared.
Speaker 4: Scared to the church, Say you're scared your set for church? Scrugs back on the media match right after this, Hey their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 12: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proud sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred. Gambler that's one eight hundred g a m b l e R for twenty one.
Speaker 13: Over Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eight Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com.
Speaker 10: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 12: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 14: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys to drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss, just in time for kickoff. Gear up and standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores. Hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 2: To the players Loud.
Speaker 8: Celebrate the season at the Cowboys Christmas the Stravaganza Power by Reliant at the Star in Frisco. Join us every Friday through Saturday night from November twenty first through December twentieth. You heard it right November twenty first to December twenty for electrifying holiday performance. For more details, visit the Star District dot com.
Speaker 9: It is all right.
Speaker 5: You gotta get to read through, man, what you say. I learned the walk, y'all.
Speaker 8: Don't understand when they say walk through. You got him in football, But as an athlete back in the day, you know the teacher call you and say, hey, be ready for your line.
Speaker 9: I was over here getting ready. Knew he wouldn't go to get me today.
Speaker 2: Tell you get them walking.
Speaker 8: I learned from you, man, I got you now walk.
Speaker 2: I missed you know I missed you man. I heard.
Speaker 4: Play us out about you by the Aristocrat, gave me got Anthony door set Raider Tennessee tight got there more for New York Giant, Dallas Cowboy, Uh Saskatchewan.
Speaker 8: Was it no, no, no, no no no Toronto con Saskatchewan did win the Great cub. Shout out to my Seattle Seattle Raiders, Panthers Coats, Uh, Dolphins, Giants Seattle to same friend.
Speaker 4: There you go cow Boys and Jaguar. Shot game so much you didn't have to play on shot Bury restruct dime.
Speaker 2: In the league.
Speaker 9: And then what do you what do you say you got? How many of them things you got?
Speaker 2: Eighteen?
Speaker 9: I thought it was twenty one?
Speaker 5: Number nineteen?
Speaker 10: Does it? Is it still meaningful?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay, man, it's everyone.
Speaker 5: It's like Derek di to one another, champion, youn't get tired.
Speaker 8: We got a whole bookcases lie nineteen.
Speaker 10: God like I used it as a doorsto.
Speaker 9: You know right here, who was.
Speaker 2: The one actress who uses her?
Speaker 11: Was it the oscars or something in the bathroom so people can hold it up and have to accept this beat.
Speaker 2: We got over here ball Man got him, got him? Man your church, Church, you know what you're doing.
Speaker 5: You go you if you listen to me, I get you. He asked around the bill.
Speaker 2: Facts that is that fact staying back.
Speaker 5: Came to me, said boy, I said, bring you stuff. Kyle came to I told you to do. Next day, I walked across that stage.
Speaker 8: Man, you're next new he is the truth act back many church.
Speaker 11: Bear brown bear. What you see you can tell um man. You know reading stories that night.
Speaker 9: About man doing what you do.
Speaker 4: Yesterday in the locker room, I asked about how do you slow down jail and Hurst. It was very fun because they briefed Quinn Williams about, Hey, here's what they're probably gonna ask you. He playing Eagles that arrival that good don't know we're about to find out. So all this stuff he's just trying to figure out. And so uh they asked Hi about playing Jalen Hurts like I played with.
Speaker 5: Him, that played with me in Alabama, and I know what.
Speaker 10: He could do.
Speaker 4: So uh, he's They know they have to try to limit him and keep him in the pocket. And with Saquon Barkley when we talked about here on players not yesterday, with Saquon Barkley not having the season he wants, But they've got to go ahead and figure out how to how to slow down uh Jalen Hurst.
Speaker 5: But that's still hard. It is, it's still a hard task.
Speaker 4: But if you're eber Fluse, what what what.
Speaker 5: Do you do with a spy linebacker?
Speaker 4: How do how do you limit this guy, especially knowing you've got a better front.
Speaker 2: Fow And he had a hell of a game playing the first go around.
Speaker 11: He had him, especially for bottling up Saquon and you know, making sure those receivers didn't hurt him. What hurt that defense in the first game was the rush lanes, and Hurts was able to all right, I'm dropping back. Oh there's an opening right there. Let me let me scamper through the ag gap. Let me scamper through the sea gap. The rush lanes were all off, and he was able to use his legs to really hurt the Dallas Coyle was a lot of those third and five, third and six is Hurts was able to go head and convert them using his legs, so to me, and I'm sure they'll get this day right. You got you know, improvements in that front seven, but you got to get those wrest lands together. You can't give him windows or holes to be able to escape through.
Speaker 2: And you gotta tackle better.
Speaker 11: I mean, we saw that it was abundant in that first game. Now there's different linebackers out there. You don't get you know, Murray and Lee Foul and those guys out there. But if he does escape, you gotta be able to bring him down. You gotta be able to tackle man, because there was a bunch of those opportunities that they had to be able to tackle on short of the first down marker. But he was able to escape and get it and prolong these drives. And this is a team that you don't want to give him more chances like you got to. You gotta stomp them out and get him off the field as much as you can. So to me, you gotta tackle better, and you gotta have them rush lands together or he's gonna be able to get u out of there.
Speaker 5: On you stay right there. When you talked.
Speaker 4: About getting off the field in that first game, Philadelphia converted eight of thirteen on thirty.
Speaker 2: You can't do that. That's eight of what thirteen years. You can't. You can't. I mean, you'll be tired. You gotta get off the field on the money down.
Speaker 4: Now, granted the Cowboys were good too, they were seven of eleven down. And you go back to that first half, and everybody was going in the first half, they just kept going back and forth. I mean, the first half was wild. When you go back and you look at it, I mean the first half on the box h twenty points for the Cowboys and twenty one for Philly in the first half. Then the second half there was only totally three points scored and Philly and and none in the fourth quarter. So first half, man, everybody was going back and forth, shootout. Second it was nothing. And so remember the Cowboys two were kicking too many field.
Speaker 15: Goals, Yeah, yeah, too many field goals in that game.
Speaker 5: And then you had to fumble inside.
Speaker 2: You know, oh, Miles saying.
Speaker 4: The things that get you beat, you know, that's where the things that get you beat red zone Cowboys two or three, Philadelphia three or three. You know, you do stuff like that, and there you go. And then of course they lost the turnover battle in that football game.
Speaker 8: I mean, you lost the turnover battle, but I think what's going to be the X factor and stopping Jalen hurts that it's going to be Eberflus this game, like he didn't have We keep making the and is your quote the carpenter and not having his tools. Well, we've seen them being able to stop them in that first game. But the way to break it down a little bit further where you were saying past rush lanes. The reason that he was able to escape because we didn't have no interior pressure. They were just going and stopping right there, and you had guys actually coming off the edge where they were just going back there. They created these gaps and he was escaping through the B gap. Now you got Quinn Williams. Now you have a Kenny Clark like. You don't have just one guy having playing penetration defense.
Speaker 9: You have another guy.
Speaker 8: And then you have Osa coming off the bench who's going to be high energy going against her two who's really a starter. So you have a three headed monster and now you can see the most effective Eberflus defense. We talked about it with his time at the coach. We talked about it at the Bears. He had a good defensive tackle, a good edge, and he had a good middle linebacker Roe Kwan Smith, Shaq Glennard. Now you have Logan Wilson back there doing that, but you have the most important factor, which is the d line. And when he does that, he's been the most effective. So I think that's going to be the X factor. We get to see him really scheme up things of how you're going to corral Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 7: Now definitely, and like you guys have already hit on, but Jadavian Clowney's in the building too, now you know what I mean, Which was an that wasn't here previously. And then two just as we're talking about the scheme, that's going to be inside of the scheme now with Quinn being there to communicate and Clark being inbre to communicate to as well. All right, I'm getting up field this far you coming here, okay, And and now hopefully you just don't have these ends getting up field just running by the quarterback. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Well, but I.
Speaker 5: Would say today at this right there, eye and this guy don't lie.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you got one guy that you just crashing down and next thing, you know, saying Sam's got to stop that.
Speaker 9: He does have to stop it.
Speaker 8: But in ebra Flu's defense, they teach you to just get a feel because now when you have those different separations, you gotta have over on linebacker is just going to fill that gap. So even though Sam is getting up the field, if you got Clintic Clark, that's getting up the field as well. But he's causing this separation, is running zigzag. You're gonna have your running back by that time. Somebody should be doing that. So as much as we're on them about getting up the field.
Speaker 9: I can't say.
Speaker 8: In the eber Flus defense, they tell them soon as you get off the ball, pen your years back and go ahead and get up there. Now you've got to have some situational awareness, and that's the next thing.
Speaker 7: You can get a retrace too as well. You to be able to come back up, you know.
Speaker 4: And knowing who the opponent is, you say, all right, well, you know, but against Philip they're looking for it. Yes, now he living off of it. So you've got to be smarter about what you're doing there. When we come back. One player who I'm concerned about, and you guys have understood how to play hurt and coming back from injury.
Speaker 5: Should this player be on a pitch, gal, let's talk about that next. Anthony Geor said Trey Moore Barry Church on New Scrugs. This is player is lone, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on das Cowboys.
Speaker 16: Dot Life is a workout. Smoothie is here to help you power through, whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over.
Speaker 2: That scary bridge.
Speaker 16: Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of adage sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients in the Gladiator smooth available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kim.
Speaker 12: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat A. Brown, sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys gambling problem. Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one olver.
Speaker 15: It's game day and raising games. If you want to order like a chail, it's action off the field.
Speaker 2: You need to focus on.
Speaker 15: The only play you're running is chicken. So what condo are you picking? Make it a perfect season? We've got tailgates of hand battered cook to order, Chicken fingers and cane Sauce and jugs are freshly made tea and lemonade, all available to order online or on our a. This season is about to be unbeatable, raising canes, chicken fingers.
Speaker 17: One love, Hey Cowboy fans, Keith Davis here forming Cowboys, Saving Davis. You know what separates Hamptons from the rest making the right move at the right moment. The blockchain dot Com. That's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by striking bold when it mattered most. Now it's your team. Invests like your icons with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys Today to get started and learn more. That's blockchain dot com slash Cowboys.
Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: To the players loud.
Speaker 8: Cowboys Nation, it is time to get the giving season going. Tune in to see the multi award winning artists and the Cowboys fan Post Malone, performed during the Salvation Army Red Kettle kickoff halftime show this Thanksgiving on CBS.
Speaker 9: You heard it right on CBS.
Speaker 8: Every donation stays in the community, provided to help and hope for those in need. So tune in to watch the Cowboys, Chiefs and post Malone. You heard it, mister White obviously this Thanksgiving and give the joy at the Salvation Army US dot org.
Speaker 2: Why I have a sung, have a.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 5: Let's go birthday party?
Speaker 9: Right hey, America?
Speaker 5: Don't people?
Speaker 4: Bottom line is people people hear what you say on these podcasts.
Speaker 5: They do normally they.
Speaker 4: Don't hear, but somebody they know here they tell them, or you know, somebody gets it to you, kind of like Trey when I was out, I heard about what you were doing.
Speaker 5: Santana Claus.
Speaker 2: You know, boy, won't let you make I bounced back. We may have a special guess.
Speaker 4: Okay, I might be out to us. Anthony Door said, see Trey Moore, Barry Church.
Speaker 5: I knew, He strugs.
Speaker 4: This is the players Lounge, brought to you by Rist being produced by the Great.
Speaker 2: He's a fact.
Speaker 4: Woll j Maorian Overshown came back from injury made his debut against the Raiders. He said he did not like the way he played. First game back. He says he'll be better. But I asked him the question, you're in the midst of playing three games in a eleven days, how does your body make it through? Could they put you on a pitch count? And being the competitor he is, I can do what I can do. You know, you never know about the situations. Meaning I guess he's starting to say, hey, man, if we got to compete for four quarters, I got to play the full sixty.
Speaker 5: I played a full sixty. But you guys have.
Speaker 4: All played, and you've all worked, you know, with injuries yourselves. How should they approach Tomorro and Oversharing a player they're going to need the rest of the way three games and eleven days for.
Speaker 8: Me, I say, put them on a pitch count, like being a high power energy guy, like you could tell that by the way that he's playing.
Speaker 9: He's playing sideline.
Speaker 8: The sideline and sometimes coaches, this is your job as being the leader amongst the leaders and saving guys from themselves as a competitor. Yes, go out there, and you know, just like I know the trainers say when you come back, how do you feel?
Speaker 9: Okay? If you're good to go, go, And so this.
Speaker 8: Is he's young like that that that pride to ego, everything's gonna getting away.
Speaker 9: As soon as you feel good.
Speaker 8: You got to remember, like this is a high power game that you're playing at a high level in three games and eleven in eleven day span. Even on a healthy lin, its body is a lot. And so for you to come out these major injuries and I think we said it off air, but this is the second time he's an injury.
Speaker 9: That's saying.
Speaker 8: So it's like you have to at what point are you going to be smart enough to say pull back? So I hope they give him a pitch count, but you know, if he's feeling good, you know, let him go. But hopefully you don't need him. You got Logan coming in right now. But what do y'all think.
Speaker 7: You know, I'll be air to be on the smart side more so than anything at this point. You know, with him and Wilson in there together, I think it's been has been the thing that is turning everybody on just seeing those two side by side. So you know, hopefully I would definitely try to figure out some type of pitch count to keep you more. But at the same time, you have to be smart enough to allow him to listen to his body too as well. So with that being said, you know, he's young, and youth is on his side at this point in time. But yeah, three games in eleven days, like you said, for a healthy dude, that's that's a big toe.
Speaker 10: That's a large toe.
Speaker 4: So pitch counting open, and you're already on your short count because it was Monday night, so you're already on a short week here.
Speaker 7: And it may not be the pitch count this game. It may be a pitch you know, Like I'm looking at what we got going on. If he's out there balling and making an impact in the game, it's gonna be hard for me to rain up pulling back in, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: So we're gonna have to see how it plays out.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you just gotta you know, like you said, yeah, him and the training staff, which they got a great staff over there, Gym and Britton, all those guys and Greg. You just got to make sure, you know, throughout the game, just every time you come out the field, how does it feel, you know, you tweaking anything, How you know your body's feeling out there? You fatigued because we all know, you know, once that fatigue start, because this is what second game back from injury, so we all know his conditioning.
Speaker 5: You're only getting.
Speaker 11: Shaped football shaped by playing football, so you know his condition is not gonna be to where it was before the injury. And we all know once you get fatigued out there, that's when you know, technique goes out and you start, you know, overcompensating on one thing, and then you know how that snowball effect happens. So if I'm him, I'm just you know, making sure keeping those trainers close when you get back to the sideline.
Speaker 2: This is how I feel, is how my body feels.
Speaker 11: And he has to be honest, like he can you know, sugarcoat things with the training staff. Oh, I feel great, Everything's amazing and bunch of quads a little tired. You know, you gotta be honest out here because you know you want to be a part of something special. You want to be a part of this comeback and all that great stuff. But you're you're a young man. You still got a lot of years God went and left in this league. So you got to make sure you're smart and communicate with the training staff and make sure they're on the same page.
Speaker 6: You already know, you already know being young, we ain't thinking like that.
Speaker 2: None of that I will give you.
Speaker 6: On the field, somebody gonna have to help him in.
Speaker 2: Kind of percent.
Speaker 5: And so you talk about the strict training staff, but what is it.
Speaker 4: Are there other guys in the room vets that can come and have that conversation with him as well.
Speaker 8: I think so, uh Clinton Williams being the leader that he is right now, like he's one of those guys logan coming over there and saying, hey, bro, like were gonna need you for is back in especially the playoff hopes are still there. It's gonna say, if you got a game that you know that you're winning, you know how it is the young guy behind you, somebody that's been preparing, they're asking for some snaps. They're doing that, Well, maybe this is a time for you to be a little selfless. Maybe it's the time for those vests to come over there and say, hey, we got this in the bag. And honestly, I'm kind of with you, ad what you said, Like, I might not pull the rings off of him in the Eagles game because this is a divisional game and you got the hot hend right now, but the next game it's like, okay, you got to be ready to play right here. And so it's gonna be a combination of everybody Overshawan being transparent with the training staff, but then also the people that have played around him, that know him before the injury and after the injury to say, hey, I see you getting a little excited. I see this and that like pull it back right there. And when you had like at least I know for guys like me, I played around Richard Sherman, Cliff Abral Mike Bennett, those guys were able to say, hey, young Buck, don't get too excited right now. Hey, tighten it back and do right there. And I respect their opinion a little bit more.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's it's going to be tough because you know, when you want that football field between them lines. I mean you just thinking about I got this is my job communicating which your teammates are trying to get the dub and it's it's it's tough for those those vents and guys to be you know, if he's out there playing, making plays and doing this thing, it's tough to be like hey man.
Speaker 6: Yeah about yeah, so you won't right now. You just locked in like.
Speaker 2: It's tough, man, It's tough.
Speaker 4: And as far as eber Flues goes, is that something for him as a coordinator that he has to be aware of or was that the linebacker coach?
Speaker 5: I mean where you know, I'm just trying to think of all the levels.
Speaker 4: Where because ultimately you talked about to Sadie, this is a player that you're looking for for a number of years, okay number of years and you've got the games you talked about.
Speaker 5: You you've got a lot.
Speaker 4: We've got December. You've still got December coming up, three games in eleven days. Just how do you make sure you're protected because he is going to be the high energy person that you talked about here and even to see when he was like when I was talking to you know, I'm just gonna go, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: I get it. You love that about him. But there's got to be other people.
Speaker 11: Bruck come down a little bit, right, The training stab is gonna have to me. The main ones got to be him and the training stad. They got to be on the same accord. And then you got your your linebackers coach out there that's gonna be able to, you know, get a little bit more in depth with them. Because when you're when you're flu and you the DC, you think who I got, who I got in this package?
Speaker 5: Is he available?
Speaker 11: Like he's not really over there thinking about who's you know, he's like, who do I got this guy available for this hot package or something like that. Like so he's not really checking on the process of how each individual player is feeling at that time. So I think it gotta be with the training staff, you know, gotta be with your with your with your position coach. And then he's worried about the ex's and o's and get it out there.
Speaker 7: What are the things that I've seen and like shout out to those people in that training staff and in this building. It's like the guys who have come back off of injury and they've actually been able to come back and compete at a high level.
Speaker 2: The ones that did rehab with them, what you're.
Speaker 6: Talking about, I'm just I'm like he said, all I'm here.
Speaker 8: Are two guys that came off major knee injuries that we've seen.
Speaker 2: We're here.
Speaker 8: They were here during the off season, but not even that taking the stuff further at the end of the game, when you've seen them paying in it. Everybody you've seen shoddy, well, guess what you're seeing. You've seen rebel right there, and you've seen Brent sitting there. I know what that tapped me.
Speaker 17: You do good?
Speaker 9: I was a feeling this and that.
Speaker 10: So you guys know being hurt.
Speaker 7: You know when when you're when you're injured and you feel like you're not part of the team. You and that you and that training staff for you and those rehab people, y'all get real close your teammates. And so for those guys to be able to come back and play and like not having the hiccups, like I said, like all that faith they put in them, dudes, that relationship in that bard even got that much tighter. You know like I trust you and so hopefully, you know, like people will see like, hey, you don't have to you don't have to leave here to get healthy, Like this is a good building.
Speaker 4: So Ibraflus Finzer coordinator was asked about the rookie Schon novel from East Carolina. He said, quote, he's great. He's he's a big, tall, strong guy. I love his stop and start. He really can stop those transition routes. He's got really good length. He's no he says, uh, he's a no house guest cover. He tackles. He's a good tackler. I'm excited about where he's going. So I know some people want to hear this, but you know, twenty twenty six they might have.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, I had a little something.
Speaker 11: He actually will get impressed and put hands on you like that's That's the one thing I've seen from from Revel. I'm like, he's impressed. He's not doing all his back pedaling and mirroring with the feet. He getting hands on casts. He's physical. Now that's what you love to see out there with him. Go use your length, use it man.
Speaker 8: So he's playing like how these other dvs thought they could play when they went up there, somebody and got spun around.
Speaker 4: On Carson played Carson had had good snack, Bell came in here, blands out there.
Speaker 5: At some point in time, if you can get digs back.
Speaker 4: As you're as you're as you're going down this stretch here, you're gonna have You're gonna have to face the lions. Chargers have some good receivers, so if you can start to get healthy, they can make it interesting in the end. But at this point in time, in my mind, I'm like, you know, in twenty six, they should have something, Yeah, they should they should have something. We'll see what happens with George Pickens in his country and with Brandon Aubrey in his contract the.
Speaker 5: Franchise, Dad, you only franchise one of them better.
Speaker 2: You think they gotta be you're talking about they're both great.
Speaker 8: Aurey man, that's a that's a conversation, that is that is man.
Speaker 2: But they both cold.
Speaker 9: But Audrey so you But that's what I say. You don't just pay Aubrey right now. He didn't have been.
Speaker 10: That's just for me.
Speaker 7: It's it's it's gonna get tough when you got that much money tied up like say, potentially between two wide receivers and your quarterback like that.
Speaker 10: That's that's that's gonna be tricky.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of bread.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of bread.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of bread. But this is just just the if part.
Speaker 4: If they finish well fighting and competing, and let's say they come up short one or two games, because you you know you're gonna those games. The tie breakers are gonna hurt you because you've lost into some NFC teams like like Carolina.
Speaker 5: Who's playing well right now.
Speaker 4: So if they don't make it and looking at potentially how they can close the show.
Speaker 5: If you're Jerry, you're eighty two years old, Yeah, what you.
Speaker 4: Waiting though, We're gonna right to check man, you know, because hey, baby, you ain't promised too many more.
Speaker 18: By the way, with the Aubrey contract, he's a restricted free agent next year, so you can put a tag on him transition to so you can put like a second round pick. So if someone signs him and you can match whatever, you.
Speaker 2: Get somebody definitely like a second round big.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you can match it so that they can offer him a contract. If you match it, you get them.
Speaker 2: And you don't think Jerry will do there.
Speaker 18: No, I'm just saying you don't have to franchise.
Speaker 4: You got so you could do a transition tag on the kicker, franchise tags pickets.
Speaker 5: Now, the moment you throw the franchise tag on, you ain't gonna see them.
Speaker 2: You think it was his agent, that's his age.
Speaker 9: But dude, we know who his agent is.
Speaker 2: But your people, No, that ain't my people.
Speaker 9: Joby left.
Speaker 8: Jobey was a founder member, but he started Vanguard Sports. He had to get up out of there. You had to.
Speaker 2: Get David Mullagat. I mean, okay, yeah, hear my friend.
Speaker 9: Here's my frat brother. He is my frat brother.
Speaker 5: Well you Slowell, No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 9: The viewers, everybody in the viewership.
Speaker 8: That.
Speaker 4: Boy special. Anything George said, thank you, Trey. I always appreciate these conversations, man, very chers of pastor.
Speaker 5: Look, this has been a place, lads, ron
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.