Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is leading off live. It is me, Joey p joe Pizipia with me, of course is the Welsh, and it's all of you, the Peanuts and the Crackerjacks here on our twitch live watching. It's twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros. That's where you can see us every single Monday through Friday noon Eastern and of course you can also check us out video on demand whenever you want to on Fantasy Pros MLB YouTube channel. Subscribe today, drop your comments below and you might win yourself a spectacular Jose Ramirez jersey from our good palsover a pristine auction dot Com. All you have to do subscribe to the channel, drop your comments below, bring the belt, lay goos thing. That's it. That's all you gotta do. Welsh, good to see you, my friend. I can't wait to give this Jose Ramirez jersey. Wait at one of our wonderful listeners. It was a good night for home runs. Two guys went yard twice yesterday and both made me smile very very much, but for different reasons. Okay, I guess, okay, I guess it's Kurtz. It's well Nick Kurtz, first of all, because okay, not only did it go yard twice, there was some moonshot one Like, he is hitting the ball hard. He looks like the guy that I kept watching at Triple A. I don't know if you saw the home runs last night or just saw the box score, but I saw the homers and they were spectacular. They were mammoth Nick Kurtz, big time power. Now is he gonna play today against the lefty? That's the question, Like we're gonna give him a rest. I hate when guys do that. You know, a guy gets hot and all of a sudden you sit him. But Nick Kurtz hitting those home runs, starting to rack up a few more. He's starting to look like he's settling in and patience is being rewarded.
Speaker 2: So the game works with a lot of these rookies. He doesn't have a hit versus lefties yet. By the way, he has had some at bats, but he does not registered to hit. It'd be probably behoove them, especially if they're committed to not having him in a platoon, like they said that they would let him get some at bats versus lefties. But no, this is the game with prospects. I think there's a bigger question about the ROI where you get this, you know, great young guy and then they're awesome and then they kind of pair back down and they come back like, what's the level of roy you need really for investment? But Kurtz wasn't a pre drafted guy. He was a player that you did spend some fab on and things are starting to click. That's all that you've been looking for, and the underlying stuff is pretty phenomenal. The strikeouts are still the problem, but that thing is cut from you know, into the forties down to it's still thirty five percent. It still sucks, but you know he's getting there. He's getting acclimated. It's an incredible ballpark for him to be in. Nick Kurtz. My pushback for weeks against all of you, all of you, Joe and all of you has been that we hold on and Nick Kurtz is starting to click a little bit. So it's nice.
Speaker 1: Also, two home runs, but this isn't the other one I'm referencing is logo o hoppy four seventy. Yeah, that was a far shot too. Sears was throwing BP yesterday in that ballpark. It was a crazy town. Shout out to Iron Mike, who just subscribed here on our twitch. But yeah, logan o'happy two homers. The Angels won ten five. Also in that game, Lawrence Butler hitting a home run, So maybe, just maybe, you know, getting a little hot here. Hopefully that'll work out too. Also, when I was watching a Mets game yesterday, Mets red Sox, which was entertaining the time, stressful at others. The Juan Soto at bats, Everyone's gonna make a big deal out of it, because, oh mon Soto never strikes out three times. And again it's Garrett Crochet. He's one of the best left handed pitchers in baseball. Give him a break. And then when they went to the bullpend, he hit a ball that all night the wind was blowing in, and he hit a ball that probably would have been out in a lot of places, but it went all the way to dead center in Boston. And Duran hit a ball too that just died. It should have been a Grand Slam. I couldn't believe it didn't get out of that ballpark. It died the way the wind was blowing in yesterday. So take things with a grain of salt. Jason Dominguez, he took your salt and he threw it over the fence. Solo Homer for him wins the game. Ryan Yarborough also really good. I did watch some of that game last night too, flipping around one run, eight strikeouts. I don't know what version of Ryan Yarborough all of a sudden has just dropped into the Yankees lap, but it's been pretty decent. And I've been, you know, trying to get him bounce from this rotation. I still think he's going to get bounced from this rotation eventually. But Yarborough, is this a guy potentially you want to stream just simply based on the fact that he's a Yankee.
Speaker 2: I think if you're in a spot where you know it's a really good matchup, I would consider it. But my interest in Yarborough's kind of minimal. My interest in Dimingez continues to roll. I think back in a very I Told you So a moment preseason where I was doing this big industry prospect draft and I had taken Dimenez at the top. I still doesn't look like phenomenal, but it was this Rokie versus Jason Dimingaz situation and just haven't had people in the camp with me about Jason Dimingez. And you know what, again, things are clicking. You Sometimes you bank on that talent skill set and you just hope that the player has enough to be able to know bounce back and show progression. And that's what he's done. Jason Diminga still has an elite fifty four percent hard hit rate so far this year. Barrel's dipped a little bit, but he's getting the ball in the air. He's tripled his lawnch angle, he's hitting the ball on that sweet spot better. He's walking more. You love to see it, and he's diversifying his ability of different pitches to hit and he smacks the crap out of the ball. He can run some Jason Dimingez. You know, we've been a little wishy washy about that. I feel like the questions we've got on Dimingez where it's always like Domingez or you know, like even Chandler Simpson, Diminga has been a little bit dicey. But it's really starting to click and you're seeing some of those loud stats and Mike quietly walk into like a twenty twenty season when it's all done.
Speaker 1: Also yesterday, walking into not one but two home runs. My pick from yesterday, Jake Berger.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: Smash Burger yesterday. That's right, smash Burger is everywhere. I got two of them, so I don't know my I up at dipple digits yet. Can we get a get a verification now?
Speaker 2: I think was I had eight or seven?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I was at seven or eight. If I was at eight, I'm at ten now and I'm coming for you ambout eleven.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, well, surely a couple away from me. I cold Stone, cold cold Stone.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm Smashburger right now. All those two home runs were so good. Yesterday also so good. Jacob de Gram three hits, two runs, one walk, nine strikeouts, and seven innings. He got no decision. Unfortunately, the Rangers could not handle their business against the Yankees. We talked about the Dominguez walk off, but this was exactly what I expected yesterday. This is the only one of my couple bets. Unfortunately, besides the home run and the d Gram strikeout total they'd hit. But this is what you want to see out of Jaob Gram. The last couple of starts he's really settled in and I'm gonna take the l on this one. I was very afraid. I'm still very afraid. Every time he goes out and has a start like this and looks really good pitching deep into games. That's the thing that I think you look for with Jacob deGrom. I hope it holds. That's all I hope, because he is one of, if not the best bitcher and baseball and it's been so unfortunate that we haven't had him for about four years now, maybe even five, when you really can think twenty nineteen was the last really good Jacob de Gram moments, but it's been so difficult to think that a guy can miss that much time with all the injuries and all the surgeries and all the issues. To come back and even find some remnants of himself is very encouraging. I'm not holding my breath that it's going to last all year, but you have to be really impressed with Jacob de Gram has done so far in the last couple starts especially.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think maybe you can hold your breath a little bit, like you do know the injury lingers out there, but you know, I've been speculating on this for a couple of weeks, and you just you continue to see it kind of playing out that. You know, he he down ticked everything for about the first month of the season, and maybe that was strictly a health situation, you know, and his velo is down a little bit. Results were a little bit different. We've also seen a very concerted change in how he uses a change up. Last year he threw it only five percent of the time, you know, sample's, of course, but this year he's throwing at nine percent of the time, almost ten percent. Let me look if there any other years of high usage, Yeah, eight percent, eight percent. In twenty twenty we saw sixteen percent. So it's kind of getting back to those roots. Vilo is up as of recent starts. Change up. It's starting to get going, and you know, he's he's lowering barrel rates pitched against and he's just not trying to be the fifteen strikeout guy every single game.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I really do think that this version of him is a sustainable version. Now, I don't know if I'm going to pay top five sp or anything like that. There's an argument that maybe you can sell high on him, but I also think there's you know if someone were worried, like I would be comfortable maybe buying in on him for the rest of this season that he can he actually legitimately might put up like one hundred and fifty innings at this point. With how how this is working?
Speaker 1: Well, remember they talked about an Ils did for him some point in a year, just to give him a breather. Yeah. I recall Pedro Martinez towards the end too, when he wasn't the guy finding a different version of himself as a pitcher. I don't think with the velocity this all last night that that's quite where we're at. But Pedro had some really successful years towards the end there with the Mets, when he wasn't quite the dominant guy of nineteen ninety nine anymore. Lucissero's I want to shout out because they graduated today with a master So congratulations. That is how you could get a master's degree and still be here every single day watching this show and it not make you dumber. I don't know, I don't know how that works, but congratulations. That is really something FORGID.
Speaker 2: It's like graduation any time, So congratulations, Yes, everybody.
Speaker 1: I'm going to a graduation right after this show. I'm going to one. But so everybody congratulate Lucissero's in the chat though, that's a great thing. Picked too, Augustin, Jason, josh Lo, Nick Kurtz. I guess, just in a vacuum, who do you want rest of season? I don't want to let go of Kurtz. I think it's Kurtz and Domingez or the guys that I want. How about you?
Speaker 2: I think it's low and Dimingez, but like I don't know how I have catchers might make it important? About Agostin, I think those are all really close. Unfortunately at that list, Kurtz might actually be at the bottom for me, or he is not might but he.
Speaker 1: Is game OVA. Who do I drop when Akooney is activated? Viento's Doyle or Augustin? I think Doyle boy, He's he dropped off. What an incredible drop off year over year. Doyle was so solid last year, and I know people were saying was gonna regress, but man, Welsh, that guy's just falling off a map compared to what he did last year. And last year people were saying, oh, it's not gonna last, not gonna last, and he kept going in the second half. This year has been nothing close. I think it's Doyle.
Speaker 2: I want to look to Uh. By the way, I'll be very self deprecating. I'm doing a little too much of like I was right. So well, we'll knock myself never enough pages. I definitely will knock myself down a couple pages. But I have to have been one of the lowest on Brenton Doyle. Yeah, he was absolutely straight fade for me into the season. He had huge uh he was hit like two hundred on the road, I think three hundred at home. He had HUGEZ didn't buy the crazy big counting stats. I say all of this in that like putting him at high high points of the lineup. He's got four homers, five stolen bases. He could still be a twenty twenty guy this year and be relatively ish successful. But it's pretty bad.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: The results are bad. The stuff though, I will throw out he might borderline by right now because he's got a two fifty four expected batting average, thirteen percent barrel rate. He's not striking out anymore. The profile looks this just looks very similar and guess what, shocker, he's underperforming against four seam fastballs. That is something that tends to bounce back for hitters that have any real juice to them. So maybe he's a little bit of a buy. But on that list, I think he would be the guy I would cut.
Speaker 1: Angel theory has a question, who could I get for Eavaldi? Sell high head to head? Well, I don't think you're so on high. I've ald he's been really good the last couple of years. I would think the return for him you're not gonna get like super elite. Could you get a James Wood for him? Who is like kind of that tiered in that next grouping? Like I'm just looking at names like Saya, Suzuki, James Wood.
Speaker 2: I think I think player is too low. I think James Wood might be too high.
Speaker 1: So it's Goldilocks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need to find that just perfectly.
Speaker 1: I want to play it just right back in my trade.
Speaker 2: Like I actually am. I'm kind of with the Selish thing on selling Evaldi high, but I don't know like it should get you.
Speaker 1: What about Bregman? How about Bregman? Is that the one I can give you?
Speaker 2: I would smash take?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I have always really good.
Speaker 2: He's been amazing, But like, I don't know if I buy the k percentage increase, sticking three percent walk rate, that's I mean, I guess he has had some four percent. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't I had last year in a lot of leagues. Man, he is just he's quietly really good and just nobody seems to care because all the hype is always around the other bigger names in that rotation. It was Sureser for a while, and now as the GRAM everyone's talking about nobody talks about Evaldi. Kevin Gossman, let's talk about him. I've been waiting for this. I've been laying in the weeds. No runs, nine strikeouts, no walk seven innings. Let's go against the Padres too. Take that, Michael Kelly. Uh, how about that performance from Kevin Gossman. Tommy Edmund I even seen him in a long time. I know he's been hurt, so hopefully he comes back, because right now, Kevin Gosman, I think with this performance, it's kind of leapt back into the lead in that big one.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe, I mean, I don't remember, like how we judge it.
Speaker 1: By the way, I know it's hard because Edmond's not playing so I.
Speaker 2: Gotta go backwards for just one second. Todd and the chat mentioned Eovaldi as far as first halves go, and this is interesting. He has been a first half guy for years two nine to seven pre All Star era last year four eight one in the second half first half two eight three. In twenty twenty three second half seven point one eight oh twenty twenty two three point three four in the first half second half four point nine to one. So that is years upon years of over a run differentials first and second half. Sometimes you have first and second half players. But yes, oh Joe, it was all right, Gosman, Tommy had.
Speaker 1: That was pretty good last night. Padres would say, Kevin Gosman was pretty good. I just I just want the starting pitcher, not the utility infielder that had a good month against the team that he always crushes, which was the Cubs. Fabby Davis Junior says more Goldilocks or Joe Jodlock's voice, Do we approve that message? Or now one voice, the one that I just did like this? Oh goodness, gracious.
Speaker 2: It's a grave voice.
Speaker 1: So you like that, all right? Videos, Yeah you think so? Six innings struck out six for Gavin Williams yesterday. Good to see him starting to get right. Hunter Brown got wrong though. Five runs, seven hits, five innings. It's funny. The last time he struggled was also in a day game. I know because I was on TV hosting In Game Live at the time for Sports Grid and we were watching a Hunter Brown game and he kind of rallied that first inning. He was really rough against the White Sox. Maybe Hunter Brown's just not a day game pitcher. I don't know, but we can look those are the only I'd love to see the splits on that because this was very Hunter Brown. Like, I am not concerned in the least about this performance. It was against the Rays, not a great offense. So I understand why people are puzzled right now. We're all puzzled, but I will say, like that's, you know, it's it's not something I'm gonna get concerned about necessarily.
Speaker 2: There is a big differential. But the day games he's still a great pitcher. So he has a point eight three ERA in night games right now, so there's five starts at night ridiculous, point seven to seven whip point eight three ERA day games, he's got a point or he's got a one point zero seven whip three and one record but a three four one ERA, so it's over two runs differential. But that's still a pretty great pitcher that he is in the day. So I'm not sure if there's a I mean, there's kind of a correlation there for sure, But you know that that was a I don't know if that was like the tough, tough matchup that you're staring at. But he's gonna regress a little bit, like he's expected. He already told us that story. He's still pretty a lead across the board. Well, you're more worried about is if they start to stack and he starts to look average, and you know he's not getting away with maybe some of the stuff he was getting away with earlier in the year. That would be what we're watching. He's also he I don't think I realized this. He's a pretty high percentage with fastball guy, and you don't see I mean, I guess you got to look at k percentage, but yeah, she's for k percentage from his forcing fastball. That's not something we see a ton of. You usually see forcing set up a lot of other stuff. So that's all.
Speaker 1: A guy who knows how to locate a fastball.
Speaker 2: Do it feels sticky, but he's done.
Speaker 1: Sticky if you know how to locate it. I think that's the problem. Everybody throws a hundred. They just throw it straight. They can't locate it. They can't change the eye angle of the of the hitter. Todd also says that my Jodylock's voice is across between Jackson Holiday with a bad British accent. I would agree. I think that's exactly what I was going for. Nailed it. Also a Christian Yelich. We talked about him yesterday in the Q and A. We have big discussions, so I don't want to go too much into it. Go back and watch a Q and A. It's on the YouTube channel Fantasy Rose MLB. So Yelich was somebody we talked about off air yesterday after we recorded the Waiver Wire show, also available on demand on the YouTube channel. Coincidentally, I think not, and then we got into a bigger discussion about Yelich. The counting stats are still there, the home runs, the stolen bases, the batting average hasn't been He grounded out four times and struck out yesterday against the Orioles. He has a sixty four percent ground ball rate. Well just thought that was a little high of a number there, twenty eight percent strikeout rate, and it's just not been good for Yelich. My concern with Yelich and people say, well do you buy what do you do a player who was chronic back issues is just not when I want to make investments in. That's it. It's as simple as that for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw somebody put I'd mentioned this on the live stream, and then I think it was this morning someone mentioned a it's one of the worst ground ball rates. But he also the new stat on a baseball savant with attack angle, because like you'll see, some of these players like Jacob Wilson and stuff have these really really low attack angles, which is just letting the ball travel more and more and more and not not being afraid to put it in the ground. But Yelich isn't doing that. Yeliwi has like league prototypical attack angle of like a ten degree, So that means he's getting on the ball at the proper time, which in theory would not increase ground balls like crazy. That would be as if he lost his attack angle. So it's really odd, and to me, I'm not sure if that's something that continue. I mean, maybe you just become bad and it doesn't matter. But there's still and that would be like his barrel rate really sucks and stuff like that. But there's some stuff that I look at that don't seem like they can stick, Like, you know, a negative launch angle. He has a negative launch angle right now. That's crazy. So I'm not really sure where it's coming from, you know, seems to be in his head or something like that. I'd love to just see some data that's like, oh, hey, look, his attack angle is usually like ten degrees. It's down at four, so he's super behind and that's why he's just beating everything into the ground. Kind of don't know, he's just hitting a bunch of ground balls, making bad decisions. Maybe it's his back, who knows. I tend to slightly be a bye on him still, but I understand why people are just getting out of the business because you can't be successful with that many ground balls.
Speaker 1: Now, I buy Cheerio, but I'm not going to buy Yellish. That's where I'm at with those guys. By the way, attack angle, you can find this fall on CBS nine pm Eastern, followed by max Velocity at ten. Definitely part of our extreme Tuesday nights.
Speaker 2: That's my new name. By the way, Joe people weren't here yesterday. I'm all max Velocity.
Speaker 1: There you go. Shout out to Jeff two. We'll see if we can get on the show tomorrow. He had a graphic MAUP for max Velocity. He tried to get it to look like an adult film star, but AI has restrictions on it, which is a shame. But at least we know you're adult film star. Name now Joster Damas everybody's favorite now Sunday on Sports Career, were during a two hour look back at the first fifty games of the season Sunday morning. So go find sports Grid watch me on there eight to ten because there's a really fun thing. And as I was going through all the stats, trying to pull up the you know, first fifty, you know, trying to look back at what's going on, look ahead a little bit, I found one of our friends, Michael Harris first fifty game stats, and I just figured I would throw him out here to twenty four batting average. He has three whole runs, all three of them really exciting. I scored twelve whole runs twenty four RBI Michael Harris overrated.
Speaker 2: You said that I thought there was more that you're gonna get going.
Speaker 1: I say it like a statement. I'm saying like a question to you because I want to know if you're ready to make the statement.
Speaker 2: With me on the overrated. Yeah, I mean, I guess I'm willing to kind of do that. Like he's stacked a couple of years of like he's not quite a twenty twenty guy kind of is. His average continues to dip, but I'll say this, I still like he's going to bounce back. I mean, there might be kind of some split things. I'm gonna look here as far as first and second half's go over the last couple of years, he was a second half guy last year twenty twenty three massive second half guy as well, really needs to get going. His expected batting average currently is forty points higher. He's striking out less. He's just not making as same quality of contact. I want to look into some other things. But maybe you also have Michael Harris starting to accept to be like a different player. He dramatically dropped his hard hit rate. And what I mean by that is just, you know, be more of a contact hitter. We see a couple of guys like this that they're going to stop trying to, you know, get the ball in the air like crazy. You would love to see him do what C. J. Abrams does and just say, oh, like, I'm not a great barrel guy, but I get the ball in the.
Speaker 1: Air like sixteen handles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I guess, yeah.
Speaker 1: Contact, give up some power to hit the baseball and maybe some home runs will come eventually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's underperforming against every single pitch type right now, while having the highest poll rate of his career and expected batting average is better. I think Michael Harris is going to bounce back. Actually might be a pretty sweet really by low. When you get the jokes of the world out there that hate hate hate.
Speaker 1: I just call it like I see it. To me, he's a very overrated player, and he is a nice player. His ADP was incredibly overblown going into this season.
Speaker 2: Again that I agree with his looks pretty stupid right now.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's ridiculous. Right now, here's a ridiculous question from life or Death. Who's an ideal picture that could trade Strider for No, you don't don't trade Strider. This is the worst time. You know, he has bad record against the NATS. I don't want to trade Spencer Strider. I just don't want to do it. Well, sh I don't bet that.
Speaker 2: I actually I just saw the name that I would maybe look at. I think trading like picture for picture is really tough because you know that person like you both have to pretend you're not convincing yourselves that you're selling off of this picture and that this guy is trying to find it.
Speaker 1: Seems like a really toxic relationship.
Speaker 2: I think trade, I think specifically pitcher for pitcher is a very toxic way to trade. What I would say, like Christopher Sanchez is someone that jumped to my mind. I would want Sanchez plus for Strider. Yeah, mos Sanchez a lot, but I wouldn't I wouldn't really look to trade Strider.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's a question. Would you trade? We got fun fun stats here, Hazus Lozardo, who's pitched incredible baseball this year? Would you who do you want rest of season? Strider or Lozardo?
Speaker 2: I'll take Strider.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's fun facts. Since Era become an official stat in both leagues. In nineteen thirteen, two major League baseball left handed pitchers have gone undefeated with a sub to Era ten plus k per nine over the first ten starts of a season. One is Jesu's Lozardo this year. The other one Randy Johnson in nineteen ninety five. That's it. Lozardo's out of his mind right now. Another fun fact, because again researching I gains a fun facts here. Logan Henderson of the Brewers is the only major League baseball pitcher in the modern era to strike out seven plus batters and earn the win in each of his first three career appearances. That guy's not going anywhere, folks, He's going no place. Transactions. Jean Segura announced his retirement. Boy, people are just retiring left and right. Colton Wong, Jean Sigura, middle infielders of the past.
Speaker 2: Just could Tucker by the way. I don't know if anyone saw this. Cole Tucker, who is married to Vanessa Hutchins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's been doing radio for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah it with big beautiful hair. He's one of the local guy out here. I had a friend who's in a band with him, Like he's great Cold Tucker is one of the best human beings on the planet, and he's retiring from baseball, but he wants to try to continue in being coaching or you know, I mean, I guess he's already doing some media, but I think it's like some version of coaching or working at some hitting complex or something like that.
Speaker 1: So we'll we'll see, we should get him on the show. Let's get him on the show next year.
Speaker 2: Probably obtainable, to be honest with you. Jean Sagira, by the way, one the Dinebacks don't pull off a lot of great trades. Usually they are, you know, selling Paul Goldchmith for nothing, but boy, what a coop, just trading the epitome of selling high like a fantasy wood off of Jean Segura is in incredible season with the Diamondbacks. That's his career marker. They got could tell Marty for him, and they just shipped him right out. Got to tell Marte. But I kind of like Geene Cigarett at least for that one year with the Diamondbacks, which was otherworldly. But it was sad to see him go.
Speaker 1: Okay, looky, Tom Kate Horton one run five and a third innings only three strikeouts, though any input here on the Kate Horton start from yesterday. Walsh, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think it's I think things are moving in a positive direction for him. I want the strikeouts to tick back up, but this is why we wanted them.
Speaker 1: It was almost a very like corporate answer. Things are moving right now in directions we're we're looking at the headwinds and the tailwinds. We're trying to.
Speaker 2: It definitely was like I was still like I was looking at something. I was still in a thing. And then he threw it, and I was like, wait, who are we talking about? Yes, moving great, projections are looking solid, and I think we're going to hit our monthly our monthly quota. We're good.
Speaker 1: Andrew Painter seven strikeouts, two runs, one four innings for Triple A Lehigh Valley, also running Mauricio two for two with another home run to run Homer for him and his steel. I gotta say this, Wesh. Brett Batty looked really sharp yesterday. He looked like he's starting to settle in a little bit and play like Brett Batty in the minor leagues. That's the first time last night I'd seen that version of Batty. It's only one game. I don't want to take too much out of it. But Vanto's better get his craft together because Mauricio is hitting Baty's starting to look comfortable. Louis Angelekunya is not going anywhere, like I said, because he's a fiery guy. He's a good guy to have on a team. He's out, he's in like Juan Soto's face, like firing him up and like he's just that kind of guy. You need those guys on teams, you do. Vando's better figured out and soon because he's in the weird spot right now. Better fix it, Better fix it. Well, we're making adjustments. We've we've looked at the data and we're going to do our best to move forward here.
Speaker 2: We have a quarterly plan where we are going to make organizational adjustments where things are going to hit that ROI per acted number. Yes, I've given presentations, by the way, like people don't. I used to be in a very corporate world, and I'm prepared when I am prepared on presentation. Welsh is quite impressive.
Speaker 1: It's true. I've seen it. It's very impressive. CJ. Kyphis. So we just talked about a couple of days ago. We got to talk about again two before with a walk of double, two run homer at Triple A. It's going to be Kyph's time sooner than later. I'm just saying, Welsh, I'm just saying, let's get to the three up and three down Dustin May, eight strikeouts and six innings, Corbyn Burns has been back on track. Remember he had that skipped start and give him a little bit of a respite. Things have been much better since. Three runs over seven innings, eight strikeouts and Tyler McGill four hits, one run, one walk, career high ten strikeouts. Tyler was terrific last night. He was throwing a heavy fast ball yesterday. Man, it was crazy to watch. Unfortunately, he got into some trouble there and the defense did not help him out. One of the defensive problems was his that he went to go try to field to go ground balls and to let the catcher get it, and he threw it to the outfield. But McGill looked really sharp. And that's been a guy whose strikeout rate has been higher this year than any other year. And we're starting to wonder, you know this mitched pitching factory we talk about and you know, we keep talking about it because they keep having outings like.
Speaker 2: This pitching factory. Yeah. Man, they've definitely turned out like some dudes who work scrap pile. I'll give them credit for that. For Griffin Canning and Tyler McGill at thirty one percent k percentage. For McGill, he still walks way too many, but he is more than serviceable to be at the middle of her rotation. And Gorman Burns I had him plus I just want to point out plus one for five and a half strikeouts yesterday. I played him att because those changes are real. That rest he was able to rebounce back. He's got his VLO back. And interesting thing you know, Ino Sarahs from the Athletic talk to him and he was very insightful about because we designated as a cutter the main fastball that he throws. But he says in this video with you know that he's just like, listen, I'm actually going more for seam. I have for sem action. I'm throwing it like a for seam. There's natural cut to it. And he says, when I get in trouble is when I start to force the cut and he's like, I'm trying to not do that. It's really interesting take really interesting video for a guy that I said two and a half weeks ago i've been actually at the beginning of the season, said bye because and I had nothing for you. I had no good reasoning for you, except that I believe he will bounce back. And then we started seeing some actionable items and we're seeing some data that proves it over the last three starts. Hopefully you did very interesting with the Corbyn burns and he much he very much looks like the part of that picture, that great version of that picture from last year.
Speaker 1: A DJ posey subbed with prime thanks for someone with us wiki scratched the downs yesterday. JP's here is oh my god, he didn't leave anything down. Everything was up and it all got hit out of the ball bar. And you have four homers yes day. Carson Palmquist, which is I find that name just very uncomfortable. Ten hits, seven runs, six earned. I don't know, Carson Palmquist. It sounds like a like a you know when you go to like a supermarket that's like off brand, like the Dollar Store or something, and they have food in their rocket yeah, like Pomquist is like one of those weird soda brands, and it.
Speaker 2: Sounds like the new student at the school, Like everybody, could you please welcome Carson Palmquist. He's coming from us from Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Yes, he enjoys Minecraft and he's runner. Yeah. Logan Web six runs. Of course. Of course, this is the one bad start Logan Web has had because I made it the bet of the day yesterday. Just awful. He had an e RA under one in all four of his home starts before this. Just brutal.
Speaker 2: I didn't even want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: So the betting has been rough this year. It's just it just has. But we're up to eleven homers. I don't know what's what's what do you have to have to get the board? Well, we'll see, we'll see in this.
Speaker 2: Sex fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the injuries. Ronald Akoia one for four with a walk, so getting closer on him. Santander was removed yesterday. He's been dealing with a hip injury, but he was removed yesterday later in the game. I think it was just precautionary because they were up by two touchdowns in that game. I think by the time he came out, so not so bad. Aaron Savali, Up, am I back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're back. I had silent and then I looked at the screen and you were like this, You were like.
Speaker 1: Got fuzzy. Yeah, okay, Aaron Savali, I almost forgot. He was in the system for the Brewers Minor League REEP start for him in Triple A. Cutter Crawford, He's gonna face hitters today, Tanner Hawk on Friday. He's going to resume Throe and Rome Gonzalez with that quad is going to be out longer than anticipated. I guess he had a setback. Mike Trout is running at eighty percent. I don't know how you gauge that, but apparently not eighty one, not seventy nine eighty percent.
Speaker 2: We I would love this. I'm asking for too much here. I want what is the game on the prices right the yodeler where the guy's going up there. I want that with Mike Trout's face on it, and it's just I can't remember what that's called, but that's that should be our injury tracker for Mike Trout getting back in and he's just his hangers.
Speaker 1: Cliff Half hanger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exact.
Speaker 1: Yoda, And it was as a kid, you'd love because it's it's the building of the drama. As it gets higher and higher up, the thing is it going to fall off? And the best he stops right at that peak, like one or two little notches away.
Speaker 2: Dude. Peak growing up in like the late nineties and early two thousands was being sick, not having to go to school or faking sick, sitting at home at like nine in the morning and watching Prices right and watching planko plank in the yodeler, and it just that was.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, that was the best, solid, very solid hat doubt about that. Next up, we have a Jonah Him who came out yesterday with a hand injury. They said it was a nerve issue, So more to come on that. Tyler Glass now is gonna throw a bullpensession Friday. Tario Strada has begun his rehab assignment, so look for him if you need some help at second base. He's probably floating around waiver wires. We were excited about him going into the season and then injury struck that wrist issue. Unfortunately, Brandon Woodroft four shutout innings in his five hundred and seventy first rehab start of twenty twenty five, so we'll see if he's ready for another three hundred more. Dl Hall. Also, because the Brewsers have all these pictures and re Brewers have the greatest triple a rotation of all time, dal Hall three more shoutout innings for him and Verlander headed to the il with the pectoral discomfort that we discussed yesterday. So Welsh, any of these injuries stick out more than another one to you.
Speaker 2: The jonah Haeimwan I was watching live and the announcer immediately I want to say, maybe he didn't have his glove on or something, And as soon as it hit he was like, Ooh, that's gonna be really bad. The vibration you get on the hand, he's gonna be feeling that. And then for the next like five minutes they kept kind of going back. They're like, yeah, he's favoring he's favoring it, and then they took him out. So there might be something more beyond that. I'd be a little bit worried about, but thyro Estrado would be someone I would go and pick up right now if he's available. And then got just kicked to the wire. Just remember from that, you know, there's the ballpark perspective, but also there's some loud potential counting stats out of him batting averages there, and they've been talking about moving off of guys like Ryan McMahon trades and stuff. Either way, there's gonna be playing time for Thyrostrata. So I would go and pick him up, especially with that rehab assignment, assuming you might need a little bit longer, which I don't think they should do, but I would pick him up assuming that like midnext week is a possibility, if not the following week.
Speaker 1: The other thing, when I was homesick after a price is right, I used to have a VHS tape They did like a marathon of like the Baseball Bunch, And again I don't know if you know what this show is, Johnny Bench, the Baseball Bunch. It was these kids and Johnny Bench. It was like the early eighties, and every show it was like a half hour little baseball show. And they would it was the San Diego Chicken, Johnny Bench and these Rando kids and they every the top receiver and Pete Rose like all these like stars would be on there and they would come on and do baseball stuff with them. It was like a little baseball comedy instruction show. The Baseball bunch.
Speaker 2: Was do that with max velocity, Max Max max velocity and friends. I'll do a modern version of that, all right.
Speaker 1: So let's get this one from a DJ. I picked up Narvares and Baldwin when we found out the controls at a fracture. Finger don't have room to keep them both, so Navarrees or Baldwin. Rest of season.
Speaker 2: Picked up Baldwin. I'll go with Baldwin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Baldwin's been hot. It's kind of hard not to go with Baldwin at this point in time. All right, Welsh, it's that time again. It's time for the Best Bets of Thursday with Joey P and Welsh.
Speaker 2: Frozen Joe, what a beautiful Your bets were a little frozen yesterday, Joe. I believe mine were pretty solid. I was two and zero with one push, so I will take that Joe's back. Let's hear what you got. Oh, you're living on the dangerous side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know why Ranger Suarez over a five and a half strikeouts. He's not a big strikeout as they won as one eight team, but it's the Rockies and they make everybody look like Sandy Kofax Raphfield Devers. Let's go for the RBI plus one fifty five. He's springing a good bat right now. And Marcelo Zuna in a good matchup tonight for the Atlanta Braves. Let's go for RBI for him as well, plus one point twenty Welsh, what do you have for the people?
Speaker 2: I got a total base fest that we're going to rock in today. We got some early games, we got some really tight lines, some really tight first fives that we're going to jump into the total base market with some win pushing some of these games out there. We're going to start it off with Kerry Carpenter over one and a half total bases plus one fifteen against Ridings. He's always money, I believe you know. It's really low home run markers as well, so I love Kerry Carpenter. This is probably one of the best. This reminds me of yesterday's Corbyn Burns where I played it at plus one forty or one fifty for five and a half strikeouts and it hit James Wood over one point five total bases at plus one fifty. I very much like this matchup, really really good marker for him. And we're gonna go back to Gunner who Gunner didn't give me the homer the other day, but he did give me the actual bases, So we are gonna rock over one and a half total bases on Gunner Henderson, every single one of these app plus money. Let's play them ount and let's get on base with Carpenter, Wood and Gunner.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the home run board before we do. Quick shout out too. If you're looking to make some wagers, make sure you go to a Fantasypros dot Com slash leading off. You can go to FanDuel right now, bet five bucks, win two fifty if your first bet hits, but only on fandel with Fantasypros dot Com slash leading off, and don't forget to use the Betting Pros Premium tools. Use the promo code leading off there and you will get a seven day free trial of the best betting tools on the planet. So if you're betting NHL, NBA, MLB or even NFL futures right now, you can do it bet smarter or not harder with the Betting Pros app. Let's look at the run board. Where are we with the home run board? Ooh, so fourteen? I need three more ish, probably more like four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need to get to fifteen. By the time you're up there, it's gonna push. But honestly, the machine might be the number. I'm on thin ice right now, like I'm barely holding on so and I have not had a homer and I don't know what the account is currently. It has to be at least ten days.
Speaker 1: I have like one Soto cold right now. That's how cold you are. Oh, you're Christian Yelich cold. Mary's still at the top of twenty one, with George tied far out at twenty, DJ Osbourne at twenty. Wonkee's moved all the way down to seventh spot here with eighteen, so Welsh's still hanging in there, still on the board. You've been on board for a long time. You should be very proud of yourself. I am going to go with Philadelphia Philly today for my home run this afternoon. Kyle Schwarber was also on fire plus two thirty five. He's got good career numbers against the Colorado Pictchers going against today, and I'm just gonna keep pounding on that Philadelphia Philly line up as much as I possibly can. I almost a Castighanos today too, So going back and forth. But let's go with Schwarber. Where are you going Welsh for your home run call?
Speaker 2: I'm joining you on that one. I'm taking a Schwarberfest. So we're gonna okay, this is gonna be one of those block situations where if we're going up, we're going up together. Schwarberfest is upon us. It's in Colorado. Her Man Marquez got an eight e RA. I could have maybe picked Harper, but we might go two for with Kyle Schwarber's So Schwarberfest for the leading off combo home run play.
Speaker 1: The two more will put me at thirteen before the weekend. I like the sound sall base bet.
Speaker 2: By the way, you have to bet three they want. If you want plus money, you've got to go to three to, which is what saw that.
Speaker 1: It was like minus money for RBI two, which is never Yeah, you never get for RBI. It's Vegas telling you something. Boys and girls, great show today. Appreciate everyone hanging out with us. Of course, subscribe to the YouTube channel and don't forget whenever leading off is done, stay tuned for max Velocity. That's right, he's a cop on the edge. Justice will be served. I don't need a seat Velocity.
Speaker 2: The world is my seat. I sit in air max velocity.
Speaker 1: Justice is certain. That is weird. Why is he he like in that iron chair post.
Speaker 2: It's not really me either. That's like Ben affle It's.
Speaker 1: Like the most handsome version of you ever.
Speaker 2: If I lost a lot of weight and then like Ben Affleck played me like that's it.
Speaker 1: Yes, No, that's it. If Ben Affleck played Welsh in.
Speaker 2: Max Velocity max Velocity, We're Justice is served, Dug all.
Speaker 1: Right, that'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us.
Speaker 1: Is by leaving a positive review on Apple
Speaker 3: Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB