Speaker 1: Like what I'm wearing.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what the color of that sweater is all the morn's wearing the mess around merch real.
Speaker 3: It's called buttera.
Speaker 1: It's called butter. But gee, butter.
Speaker 3: It's clarified, clarified butter. That's that's a great thank.
Speaker 1: You, thank you for saying so. That means that.
Speaker 4: Allergies have hit me. So if I sound a bit nasally, go and f word yourself, because I can help it.
Speaker 2: Don't even say that. I have been suffering so badly from allergies. And this morning I woke up and I'm like, I think I don't have like like an allergy feeling in my body today, And you you just said it, and yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry. Look you now you have to be it's about to be a mess for you. On that island.
Speaker 2: I get like full what they call it sympathy pains, Like that's what happens to my body. I'm like a full EmPATH. So I just go like, now, see, look, look I'm in a mess.
Speaker 4: That's what That's what I get when people are menstruating in the same city as me.
Speaker 3: I feel it.
Speaker 1: I feel it, I feel it, I feel it.
Speaker 2: We were never going to shoot the Menzies episode, but both Zoe and I were on our period and then you got your period, and then they're like, let's just we have to shoot it because Laurn's on the period.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'd be like that sometimes, and it sucks for everybody else because they're getting sympathy, but I'm also getting sympathy taking the credit.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: One of the best, funniest, weirdest, most quoted episodes of all time. You know what we're talking about is Bangs.
Speaker 3: Giving four oh nine. Let's break it down.
Speaker 4: Okay, So in this episode, when Schmid cancels Thanksgiving in favor of Bangs Giving a chaotic dinner party where everyone must bring a date for someone else. The loft is thrown into romantic mayhem, complete with a lunch monitor, a muscular lady cup, an anti semi tran, and a mysterious man named Jeff spelled.
Speaker 1: With a G. He'll be right back, and they are back. You know, I hated Jeff. I hated Jeff with a G. I'm kidding, I know one.
Speaker 3: There's so many actor Jeff's with a G.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, there's a lot Jeff stalts.
Speaker 3: That's really funny. Because that's the only one. I know so many Jeff Salts, and that's the last okay.
Speaker 1: The only one that matters, the only one that matters. Okay.
Speaker 4: Directed by fred Fred Goss and written by David Feeney. Okay, So Schmid in a Pilgrim hat. He walks in and he's stressing everyone out instant jokes.
Speaker 2: He looks he did look ridiculous in the pilgrim hat. Also, I don't think you can wear Pilgrim hats anymore.
Speaker 4: So, nah, I think he probably shouldn't. He probably shouldn't. I mean, they're just roasting the shit out of him too.
Speaker 3: Roasting him.
Speaker 2: I do remember how much we were all just genuinely laughing on the couch because they kind of just let us.
Speaker 3: Go a little bit with it. Oh yeah, it was very fun.
Speaker 4: When she said when Jess says that he looks like Jewish Pharrell, I had to think back and go, wait, when do we shoot this episode? And this is the same time Pharrell was wearing those big ass hats remember.
Speaker 3: Hat Farrell used to wear, And then remember Lenny Kravitz.
Speaker 2: Then like was like, you can't one up me, and those like showed up with the world's largest.
Speaker 3: Scarf, remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he just went like like, so like for giants, they wore clothes for giants, but on a human body, So then we look like tiny little people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people like certain fashion trends didn't age well. I think the big hat will go down as one that didn't age very well.
Speaker 3: On Farrell, though's a genius. Yeah, you can do whatever he wants.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like, I don't know, Rikabad, You're just like you're not whatever she wears.
Speaker 3: You're just like you're the coolest person ever. Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, in Pharrell's case, the clothes don't make the man. He makes the clothes, you know what I mean. Some people, the clothes make them. They're trying really hard to be you know. You look at the met gala, and some people are just trying so hard. But Farrell is like, dude, I can walk in here with some body ear zone and some tassels and I'm gonna crush it.
Speaker 2: That's right, That's very true. Some people just have that swagger with fashion. Schmidt does not, so he gets destroyed in this cold open.
Speaker 3: It's a fun idea.
Speaker 2: Of bangs giving and you forget to bring a date for someone else, though, we're risky game.
Speaker 4: As we were living, it's very risky. You know, I wouldn't like it. I wouldn't like it at all.
Speaker 3: Just you know you would like it if I brought a date for you.
Speaker 1: Well, it's called bangs giving.
Speaker 4: So immediately there's pressure for me to sleep with this person that's the banks giving.
Speaker 2: It's also funny when they check in with you, the cop and they're just like, yeah, the person that I have to leave until we sleep with them, is that okay? They all look to you when you're like gray area.
Speaker 1: Not true, It's not true at all.
Speaker 2: Also, Winston just being so weird. I've gotten in defeat recently and just wants to be slapped around. I'm like, why do you say the inside things outside like keep don't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but being slapped around, you know it can't be that bad.
Speaker 3: Well, it ends up happening to coach so.
Speaker 4: Yo oh yeah, oh yeah, when triceps come in, Papa Papa okay, so yes, she's uh. She brings Pearl, the teacher at her school for Winston. She is the well he thinks he's a teacher initially, yeah, and then we find out he goes lunch lady.
Speaker 1: She checks him. Now it's called lunch monitor.
Speaker 3: And like, here's what I want to say.
Speaker 2: Do you hear the word lunch lady and not just instantly see Chris Farley.
Speaker 3: You don't want to do that lunch lady.
Speaker 2: It's like Dana Carvey and Chris Farley, and I think Chris Farley is like dressed like this big lunch lady and it's a big sexy snl like bit and dance.
Speaker 1: No I know did oh? I know that bit. But that's not what I think of. You know what I think of? Tell me a lunch lady from school? This is what I think of.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like Chris Farley was the most iconic lunch lady of all time.
Speaker 1: Well, after we break this episode down, it won't be him.
Speaker 3: Look, allergies. Do you see what's happening to me right now?
Speaker 1: We built their ALLERGI up right now, I can't breathe.
Speaker 2: And I wasn't then you said it, and my body just goes like full sympathy and goes like, I guess we got allergies.
Speaker 4: It's still dark outside. You wanted to do this podcast, It's still dark out.
Speaker 3: It's true, it's true. We're recording this at six in the morning. You guys, it's gonna be asksgiving right now.
Speaker 2: Just a crazy, crazy mess who knows what's going to happen m oh and.
Speaker 3: Then coaches trying to move by. Coach brings Ryan.
Speaker 4: Yes, Ryan goes in you. Oh my gosh, So this is interesting. So Nick brings Tran.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's because he picked his own name. He brings the time monopoly. That's right, jail, yes, yeah, except for one of property and you have to fight for it.
Speaker 3: Crazy coach.
Speaker 4: He slaps Winston because Winston brings pepper. She has massive arms, she's jacked, beautiful, great shoulders u jess. She tells Winston that he's not teacher's actually a lunch monitor. She gets on him for wearing the badge. Nick brings Tran and then Coach drops this one on us while he walks in with mister goes in you and that is just it's just no good.
Speaker 3: No good.
Speaker 2: And then Schmidt brings Lucy, which is a X of Nick. Nick that feels dirty to do.
Speaker 1: It is dirty, So I didn't blame him at all.
Speaker 4: You know, later on we'll see it when Nick gets the idea to kind of you know, you know, try to finesse the situation with you, to make it seem like to pisch you at off.
Speaker 1: I didn't blame him at all. I was like, why was he smart?
Speaker 2: But what he did, what he like didn't think through is he should have told CC like, hey, this is making me feel jealous. Can you just help me out for a second, so you can I can get like Schmid to understand my feelings by making him live it because he's not smarter than CC, so right, his attempt to do it is painful.
Speaker 5: She like, can you come in my room for this twenty dollars?
Speaker 3: I like, She's like, there's no way I know you, Like, there's no way you have my money.
Speaker 1: So what's this about?
Speaker 2: You definitely don't have twenty dollars.
Speaker 4: I love that it's twenty dollars and this dude has a job, works, he works, Yes, he works in the cash business too. Yes, and you just know that he don't have it. That's crazy, that's crazy through it? Okay, where are we right now?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: No, it's my favorite flashback where he explains how he knows Lucy and he met her at the gym.
Speaker 3: You got the free pass for the.
Speaker 2: Day, then you see even jeans and a flannel running on the treadmill. Hey do you have any snacks? And goes flying off the treadmill. But that stunt is crazy.
Speaker 1: That's stunt. This crazy. I've seen it, you know.
Speaker 4: You watch those videos on YouTube where people have these fails in the gym and there's always a treadmill one, and I feel so.
Speaker 1: Bad for them.
Speaker 4: This stunt person that looked more real than those videos that I've seen.
Speaker 2: It feels like it was Tom Cruise like doing that gym stunt because you were like, that feels very real, Like how could they actually protect the stunt person in that moment?
Speaker 3: That a hard fall?
Speaker 4: That was a hard fall. That would be the worst thing that happened to me. And well not the word, I mean dropping a bench a barbell on your chest so your face, that would be the worst. But that that's right there, right there, that's next that's next level.
Speaker 2: That's necessarily with the humility. I don't even know if I'd be able to feel the pain, because I'd feel the humiliation first, then the pain would hit my body.
Speaker 1: But that's when you need Pepper, she can come in. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You need her, she should be spotting him.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: This is also funny too, when they explain why Schmid's not allowed to date Lucy and that they have rules in place and their friendship, which is a thousand showers, must have passed, and he's like, it was three years.
Speaker 3: Ago, so like, you have no claim on this woman anymore.
Speaker 2: And he's like, if you think I've showered a thousand times, you're out of your mind.
Speaker 1: Well, let's do the math here. Let's do the math here.
Speaker 3: For sure, you should have showered a thousand times.
Speaker 1: Three years is a little over a thousand days, right.
Speaker 3: Do you take a Don't you take a shower every time?
Speaker 4: I take a shower every day, But you know, you hear the news and you hear the stories about these folks.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I don't believe in showers every day.
Speaker 4: The news and sometimes it's all it's always CNN, front page news, it's.
Speaker 2: All headline, breaking news, Will Flitzer breaking news.
Speaker 4: People don't shower every day, Diddy trial, Trump and Elon aren't friends anymore, that's.
Speaker 2: Right, But the number one story is doing the daily shower.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so with Nick, it could be one of those people, you know what I mean, He's letting the well.
Speaker 2: Nick Miller is for sure one of those people. He's a once a week kind of guy. He's a bird bath kind of man.
Speaker 1: I'd say he's got about seven hundred showers.
Speaker 2: And knows that that's the thing. So Schmidt knows the statute is not up. But then you can manipulate that statute if you have somebody that's Lucy Goosey with hygiene.
Speaker 1: Lucy pun intended.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't say that in the regular I say that about three times a day.
Speaker 1: No, I just said, no pun intending. The name is Lucy that.
Speaker 3: I get excited about the goose part. I forgot about the loose part. Guys. Okay, So Schmidt then gives Lucy the tour.
Speaker 2: He's got his penis the tour.
Speaker 1: The tour, I've done that.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, the tour. Naming the penis is also something I remember, like in high school, you know, guys would talk like, yeah, I named it for sure, brod.
Speaker 3: How was that a thing?
Speaker 4: I don't know, But what if you named it the tour? And then she was like, that's a short tour.
Speaker 1: Changed the name changed? My name.
Speaker 3: Personifier penis is also very funny but real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do that my name it cliff It's an old and old white dude's name Clifford.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So then Ryan thanks Jess for inviting him. He didn't know that he was being brought to a singles party.
Speaker 3: Sheep panics, right, and she calls it a shingle party. There's gonna be a lot of roofers there.
Speaker 1: I thought, I honestly thought. I forgot.
Speaker 4: I thought that it was going to turn into like a shingles shingles, like like that old people get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I thought, so too, like a chicken pox.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what where she was going to go. I forgot that. That's not where they went with it.
Speaker 3: They went with a roofer.
Speaker 2: The girl thing is she like, she's kissed him, she's into him, she likes him, but she's also worked really hard to be the vice principal and she can't date a teacher. She could put her job in jeopardy. So she's really in a Sophie's choice moment.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: She's finally met like her dream guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's it.
Speaker 4: I'm one of those people that's like, that's stupid.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 4: It'd be different if it were some sort of I don't know, dangerous fling, weird fling, inappropriate fling. It's two grown ups. Yes they both work together. But where do you meet people? Most of the time, it's where you work.
Speaker 3: This is what we talked about.
Speaker 2: So we talked about this when she first met Ryan goes in you, and then we put the question out to all of our listeners and I did a whole loft meeting where people were sending in their stories of how teachers sent in so many stories of how they met their significant other at work. Also the amount of teachers that are just.
Speaker 3: You know, hanging out outside of work.
Speaker 2: Because they're just they're yeah, they're adults, they're together. If you're single, you're spending time you build relationships. So it is a dumb roll, which I think Coach says like fifteen times.
Speaker 3: In this episode. It's like, it's just a dumb roll, Like, don.
Speaker 1: Dumb respect this role. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: But the stakes feel high to her, so she doesn't know what to do. So she yanks him in the room, locks him in her bedroom. All of her buttons are popping off of her dress. She's getting sexier by the second.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, It's tricky, very very tricky. Now where are we now? Oh? Oh my god, oh my god, oh flashback? Is that where we are? We have the s flash?
Speaker 3: Oh wait, first they go up to the roof. They go up to the roof.
Speaker 2: Schmid calls the meeting. He's like, this is not what I wanted to have happened. What is going on with everybody and who they've brought? This doesn't make any sense. CC believes that no one's been brought for her because Schmid was supposed to bring someone, and he's like, no, he's coming.
Speaker 3: It's Jeff with a G. Comes from money obviously, right, is a peacock situation. Just don't worry, he'll be here. It all smells of bullshit. She's not into it exactly.
Speaker 4: And then this flashback happens, and as one of the funniest things I've ever seen the he talks about the cat as she goes no where about it, I got it and just lifts It's so aggressively.
Speaker 1: The look on Damon's face is so funny.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's the true personal Damon struggled if he was compared to the woman that was stronger than him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like physically stronger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you'd be scared.
Speaker 1: I think I could do.
Speaker 4: I think I can handle that. I think I can handle that because I'm you know, I'm strong. I'm like world class strong.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like it's far as like strength goes like in the body.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not the mind, not the mind, not the mind. Mind.
Speaker 4: I'm mid, I'm very mid, easily swayed, easily swayed. Yeah, but body wise, I'm one of the elites. If I met if I met a woman who was who was more elite than me, yeah, I think I can make that work.
Speaker 2: I think it would put pressure on you to level up. You'd be like, all of a sudden, Eddie at the gym, egg.
Speaker 3: I know, you got to get me stronger.
Speaker 2: As a woman who has only ever dated people that have been stronger than me, it's very handy. It's very handy to live in a house with somebody that will do all the heavy lifting. I got an easier life that way. So I'm just saying, men, you're missing out dat a woman who's much stronger than you. All of a sudden, those trash cans you don't have to worry about, you know, lifting a heavy groceries. She's got it.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a nice perk of dating someone who's stronger than you. Y'all should explore it.
Speaker 1: You had that one guy, I'm not going to say his name, but you had that one.
Speaker 3: Think I was stronger than him. I know you're talking about it. I think you're right.
Speaker 1: It was petite.
Speaker 3: I think you're right.
Speaker 2: It probably was stronger than all right, I'll be fine, yes, And guess what, I'm not with him anymore.
Speaker 3: It's too much literal heavy lifting. Okay, I learned my lesson. You needed a lumberjack, someone stronger than you. That's right, man, listen up. All right.
Speaker 2: So I think Pepper's a catch, but he's struggling with this feeling of he's just never been in the dynamic before. So Coach is trying to figure that out. And Winston's like bugging right now about the lunch lady. He's got some lunch lady trauma that we'll learn about.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, I don't understand why that is a thing, because this I guess it's the idea that the title of lunch lady because when we grew up, the lunch ladies weren't.
Speaker 1: Quote unquote sexy. M you know what I mean, at least not to us as kids. Maybe they were to the other teachers.
Speaker 2: Which is a good thing that you didn't find like a woman, irregardless of what she looked like, sexy.
Speaker 3: That's probably a healthy thing for a child.
Speaker 4: No, when I was a child, I found so many my teachers sexy. I found like Tyra Banks started Bank. Well, Tierbank is not that much older than me, but she was. I was a teenager Tyra Banks.
Speaker 2: Everybody found Tyra Banks sexy blind or something blind.
Speaker 4: Oh anyway, now Winston is saying he's trying to figure this thing.
Speaker 1: Out for the guy.
Speaker 4: So he says, if Nick and Schmidt can't come to a decision about.
Speaker 3: Lucy, oh that's where it goes to a vote.
Speaker 4: Goes to a vote, and the winner gets Lucy. Loser gets five grilled cheese sandwiches and Nicks the van and no one's with him, No one votes, no one votes for Nick.
Speaker 1: We'll figure out why when we come back and we are back.
Speaker 3: Well, you're back, we're back.
Speaker 2: They're giving advice now to Jess and basically they're like, look, you feel.
Speaker 3: Kind of just like you're sexually frustrated.
Speaker 2: You have an opportunity here. It's bangsgiving rules don't apply, just going bang went out, Bang went out is such terrible.
Speaker 3: But they all know what she's said, like do it. She's like, I've never done that before, and they're like, we know, but do it.
Speaker 2: It's great, and so they all vote on that. She gets a little like idea going now in her head.
Speaker 4: It's in that moment where, like we talked about earlier, like we alluded to, Nick starts talking to CC and he's trying to get Schmid's attention.
Speaker 1: He's doing it's so funny.
Speaker 3: Is in the most man.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: And in that moment, Ryan Bryan receives a text from Jess and it says come to her room. M I love a text like that that says come to my room. Although when I get a text like that that says come to my room, I instantly reached from my weapon.
Speaker 1: And I proceed with caution because it because it.
Speaker 4: Could be a setup. I'm from the South side of Chicago. You never know, just in case. I watch a lot is yeah, but I watch a lot of mob TV shows and movies. There's always a set up around the corner.
Speaker 1: Head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do I do feel that you got to be prepared.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but I bet Ryan wasn't prepared to see what he saw when he walked in that room.
Speaker 3: White meat looking for some gravy.
Speaker 1: She said that lit.
Speaker 2: He said to her, do you have anything underneath that apron? And then she said, just some white meat that needs some grapy. And then she's like, that probably is not funniest line. White, perfect cringe moment, very dirty dancing. I carried a watermelon, love it. And then she says, Unfortunately she says the thing out loud that you're not supposed to say out loud, which she says, so let's just bang one out and then we can go back to being professionals. And he's like, whoa, No, that's not what I'm here for. I actually like care for you and really like you, and you can't just use me as a meat puppet.
Speaker 1: Goodbye a meat puppet.
Speaker 3: He doesn't say that that was a feeling.
Speaker 1: I thought that was, Oh Hannah, you just came up with that. I did a meat puppet.
Speaker 4: What the what the hell is going on in Canada?
Speaker 2: You just didn't want to be just like, you know, used and abused and then just dropped meat standing up for himself.
Speaker 3: He didn't want to be a meat puppet. Have you never heard meat puppet?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Is this like Canada versus US thing? Is this what's happening now?
Speaker 1: Event was talk like a fleshy deal. I love.
Speaker 3: So he leaves, he's offended, and then this moment.
Speaker 2: Where Nick says, like, CASEC, I got that twenty bucks I owe you in my room, come with me. So here's what I wanted to share because I remember I was on a school trip in France. I was fourteen years old, and this guy goes, hey, I don't I don't remember. It was a long time ago, but he said like, hey, there's something in my in my room, and everybody was kind of staying in these kind of like boarding rooms, and he was like, I just want to show it to you whatever. So I was like, all right, So I went in, closed the door. Everybody's that was in our group is in the room next door, and all of a sudden, the sky. It was the weirdest thing I remember staying in the room. Starts jumping on his bed, just jumping, and then I was like, what is happening? And then starts making all these sounds exactly like Nick Miller and saying things out loud right and I'm just standing there and he keeps like gesturing to me like it's okay, Donor, and then he like jump up on on the bed and he'd be like, oh yeah, and then he would like jump again and he's like it's fine the thing I have over there, and then he kept going, so he was doing exactly what Nick Miller does to see cis and I remember shooting this and I was like, I have lived this moment. And then we like walk out of the room and then he like looks at his buddy, who like winks at him, and they kind of like high five, and I think so the guy was a virgin, and I guess they'd made some bet like you can't get that chick over there, and then he went and like I want a kid, jumped on his bed for like a solid minute, shouting things, and came out and his buddies were like, bro, you got her man, amazing, incredible.
Speaker 1: That's terrible.
Speaker 2: It was terrible because then everybody thought stuth with this guy, and I was like, I have done nothing.
Speaker 3: I've done nothing. But then I just love, I just love.
Speaker 2: He felt so sorry for him, And of course the girls all were like, obviously this did not happen because they knew me. They were like, yeah, that's not happening, that's Hannah. But I remember the boys all fell for it and thought that.
Speaker 3: He was just like the coolest guy.
Speaker 2: He finally lost his virginity. He did not, he just he just did some you know, aerobics by himself on.
Speaker 3: The d God.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: He later sent death threats to two random folks and brought a gun to watch it.
Speaker 2: Crazy move though, but I guess he was, you know, he felt bullied or something that he had not had sex yet. But anyway, doing I remember when they had to go do this scene with Nick or with Jake being Nick and watching it happen in front of me.
Speaker 3: I remembered it in the moment of like.
Speaker 1: What you do.
Speaker 2: It's embarrassing for you. Nobody's gonna buy this. Also in the show, just like in real life, the boy bought it, Schmidt comes sparing in and immediately attacks him and follows for what is so obviously ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Yeah, yeah, that was that was uh And I'm still stuck on the fact that somebody did.
Speaker 3: That somebody did that.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, Look, you have a daughter. You got to get her prepared for how dumb boys can be.
Speaker 3: You got it.
Speaker 2: Like, I was so confused. Also, I was like I was fourteen. I was so or maybe I was fifteen, but I was so confused when this guy just came and closed the door because he also knew he had a small window of me not just turning around and walking out and giving up the game.
Speaker 3: I didn't know there was a game.
Speaker 2: So he just starts jumping on it head shouting things as if that's how it works, Like you.
Speaker 3: Would just walk in the door room under one second it's happening. I was so crazy.
Speaker 2: But Schmid believes it too, comes in the room, tries to They both try to choke each other to death at the same time, a wild technique of like a double murder.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: And then this is the moment where you kind of have it. You give a bit of advice right to so he comes clean. You know that he's been sleeping with terrible women since the jest breakup, you know, and they make him feel terrible, and you know, you help him realize that he's afraid.
Speaker 1: Of getting hurt. Yeah, great, it feels good the terrible again.
Speaker 4: But to make him realize that, you know, he's he's afraid of getting hurt again, Pearl tells Winston that they're not ladies, they're monitors. Well, they are ladies or dudes, they're monitors. Basically, they're not called lunch ladies. I guess lunch monitors does help, It does sexy it up.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 2: Then lunch lady, because there's men who have the job, so you can't call it a lunch lady.
Speaker 4: That's true, That's what I mean. So you gotta go you gotta call it a lunch monitor. Well, you know that would be so stupid of kids. If you walked into a lunch room and there's a and there's a man who show me the food, they're like, what's up, lunch lady?
Speaker 1: All right? Anyway?
Speaker 2: Anyway, uh says something obviously inappropriate.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Oh, they.
Speaker 2: Changed the name from lunch ladies to lunch monitors, just like how you can't call.
Speaker 1: Little people's shrinkies.
Speaker 3: Who wrote that line? Meriweather, who wrote that line?
Speaker 2: I don't understand sometimes with how hard broadcast standards and practices would be with us about saying certain things, other things just slipped through and now live forever in TV land.
Speaker 3: Oh god, oh god, you had to say it too.
Speaker 2: I was like, wild caught me way off guard. I was like, how did that clear anything?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: And you know what's crazy is that back then, Yeah, they probably didn't even They probably didn't see anything wrong with it. They're like, he was like, it's a funny joke. There's nothing wrong with this, right.
Speaker 3: No flag on that one.
Speaker 1: No man.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Nick and Jess they're talking.
Speaker 2: This moment is so sweet anytime they do like a classic movie reference, like in the Pilot with Dirty Dancing, and now this Thanksgiving moment with Ferris Bueller.
Speaker 3: I he did. I gotta say, Jake like he did deliver it perfectly.
Speaker 2: You don't clock that it's from Ferris Bueller, right, so, which means it's great writing that anybody can deliver it in a scenario and it feels so honest. And he also, I don't know if you noticed it, but when he's delivering it, it's just full Jake, like he goes into like his Jake cadence of talking, which I think is why it also feels so believable, like it's just a his voice, which feels vulnerable.
Speaker 6: Yeah, did you say vulnerable, vulnerable, vulnerable vulnerable? You say vulnerable loan vulnerable, vulnerable, vulnerable.
Speaker 2: I feel like for the first time in like a more than a decade of friendship are Canadian and American isms.
Speaker 3: No, I do you think it's.
Speaker 4: Because you've been No, it's because you've been there now for vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Vulnerable vulnerable.
Speaker 2: Anyway, he delivers it perfectly. She qlocks it. She's like, that's Verispueler. I also love how she's so not on Veris Bueller's side, like she roots the system against him. She has a but she had that speech does something and wakes something up in her where she's like, man, this guy's a once in a lifetime guy.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: I gotta figure it out, and she goes to his house with time about inappropriate.
Speaker 3: Don't just show this is the part that's inappropriate.
Speaker 1: Correct, Don't just show up at my house like that.
Speaker 4: I know, I just I know, I said I love you, But like the fact that one you know exactly, I know you have to go into the administrative office and figure out what my address was and then you just show it up on announced, Like what if I was with my other woman, like you never know.
Speaker 3: You thanks Giving, like I was given an agenda.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't just roll up, you know. Anyway, she jokes, stead, he's fired. And then she brought my half eaten pie. It's so funny that the more she talks about the pie, it gets like I only have one slice. Well I had a couple slices. Well I got a few slices. And then later on we revealed she ate the whole damn thing.
Speaker 2: She ate the whole pie, which also means she's like sitting outside of his house probably for like a good ten to fifteen minutes, because you can't just like house a pie in like a minute.
Speaker 4: Well in the car maybe if she just you know, and then you know she drove not there's no way she can't too hand a pie.
Speaker 3: I watched people have full meals while they're driving.
Speaker 2: Have you ever met someone like that, had a friend like that that could just like eat a whole like tu in a salad and a bagel and a drink while they're driving like one hundred down the highway.
Speaker 3: But how are you doing that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can do. Most people r ip rpop real.
Speaker 3: You know, she pulled over and ate that pie for sure. It's really sweet.
Speaker 2: So they have this moment it's a very like like love actually at the doorstep moment another great holiday movie, you know, where she's just like I, you know, listen to Oasis and pretend that they're love songs that you wrote for me, and she does this beautiful connection. Yeah, and it's sweet. It's the launch of that love story.
Speaker 4: That's all right, and uh, you know, they both agree that they want more and they start to make out.
Speaker 1: Nips are and he kisses her.
Speaker 3: Great kiss.
Speaker 1: That's right, Well.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's your favorite.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not saying it's like one of the best kisses on TV history, but they really great kiss.
Speaker 3: It's very sweet. You're rooting for them. It's earned. It's mid, just like your mental strength.
Speaker 1: Yes, was mid.
Speaker 2: This of course the best conversation ever. Whenever Nick and Tran have a big chat.
Speaker 4: He's got to get get back out there. He's going to start dating again. And in this moment, and first of all, let's talk about let's talk about how much beer.
Speaker 3: Wasn't laying on the floor so much beer? Who knew that Tran had?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: Also, the way that Nick goes like, you know, your face and body thrown in a dress?
Speaker 3: Yeah, come to daddy crazy.
Speaker 2: And then he there's a knock on the door. He opens it and it's tranding to dress. It's his granddaughter.
Speaker 3: He got his wish.
Speaker 4: Because wish came through the woosh came true. Yeah, and and she's like.
Speaker 2: Mean to him a little bit and like it's a little sassy and you could just see that he loves it.
Speaker 1: One second.
Speaker 5: One second because do you know trivia, I'm trying to play a little trivia okay with do you know who plays trans god daughter?
Speaker 2: She looked crazy familiar. I will say that she came on the screen and was like I know her. Oh no, why are you laughing?
Speaker 1: Did she get dominated for an Oscar? What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: And I thought you, of all people would know this.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Wait what what came oscar for?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: I'm being serious, Hannah, that's Greta Lee.
Speaker 2: That's my god, Oh my god, you girl is crazy?
Speaker 3: How now I'm on my phone.
Speaker 1: I just I thought you. I thought you, of all people, would have had this clocked already. But you, guys, I realized you weren't going to say it.
Speaker 2: So I was like, I don't know, Oh my god, did she get nominated for an Oscar?
Speaker 3: How did how did? How do we get these people? A new girl Greta past lives. No, she was nominated, she didn't win. That's what I said for an Oscar how This.
Speaker 2: Is what I say about a new Girl all the time. And the problem is, you know, it's kind of like, let's say you were in a grocery store on a small Greek island and a guy like Tom.
Speaker 3: Cruise walks by. You don't go like, what's up this Cruise because you're not like in an La grocery store. That's what I felt like.
Speaker 2: I was watching her in the episode and I was like, that looks like Greta Lee.
Speaker 3: But I was like that grete Yeah, Gretley Yeah.
Speaker 2: Real holy wawme moly.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like to say that New Girl was the was the reason for the season, was the reason.
Speaker 2: You know, she because she really learnt so much working with Jake Johnson.
Speaker 3: That kind of just like added.
Speaker 2: To her like actors well to pull on and that did that performance to get her Oscar nomination.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's really good, really really good. I love that. Well, we can get to that once we get to it.
Speaker 3: But next time, sitting here going that really was gretly. This is why. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to be present. Like I rewatched the episodes. I don't do it with like my phone in hand. I just sit there and I watch it and I see what I remember, and that's what this podcast is. But now I realize, no, I need to go google every thought I have when I'm watching because we have like all the heavy hitters on this show.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah we do, we do.
Speaker 3: That, Okay. Well.
Speaker 2: Also, by the way, Jake Johnson just gets paired with the most beautiful talented women throughout like the series.
Speaker 3: Do you think of who they are him with?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's wild, it's wild. So some people get some people get all the perks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Coach gets fully body slammed because he goes into Pepper's blind spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she's like having to uh, you know, she's having to apologize to him.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like, I'm sorry, I'm sorry I did.
Speaker 3: She slammed that man to the ground like he was a rag. All.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's instinctual, you know what I'm saying, because I feel that way because my body's built that way too. And when people roll up on you sometimes you gotta like grab a wrist, do a twist, put them over the shoulder, break that bitch out. Whereas you know what I'm saying, rearrase some mood.
Speaker 2: You got to be prepared, you know what I'm saying. Your personal space, I.
Speaker 4: Guess, yeah, yeah, three feet three feet at all times, back up swinging distance.
Speaker 2: So then coaches vulnerable. He basically says like, look, you're a beautiful woman. I'm attracted to you. I just have never dated anyone stronger than me, and I don't know how I feel about it. So then they decide to figure this out with the arm wrestling competition. But she clearly lets him win.
Speaker 4: She clearly lets him win because you know, she's probably I'm going to assume that her character deals with that a lot because she's so strong that men get intimidated in a bit insecure. So and she has to you know, go.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, you're you're stronger than me, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: She has to like kind of care for their little insecurities in those moments. Oh oh, this weird moment. Okay, So c C tell Schmidt that he's also on her never list, because Schmid had said, you're on my never list. He's never allowed to even pretend to do anything with you.
Speaker 3: We have never lists.
Speaker 2: She shares that they have this kind of little sparkly moment between them Cec and Schmidt, and you can see her kind of falling back in and then he goes off to get a drink or something. And then there's a knock at the door and she opens it and there is Jeff with a g with his thanksgiving offering. Explains the whole thing about the peacock somehow makes it sexy and cool. He's an attractive man. Just melt melts, and then she's supposed.
Speaker 3: To just melt.
Speaker 2: And then I remember this too, because then I had to speak Hindi. I don't speak Hindi.
Speaker 4: It looked, it looked pretty good you speak dy as well as.
Speaker 3: I had to practice so much.
Speaker 2: I reached out to every single friend of mine that speaks Hindy and I sent them the dialogue and had them just record themselves saying it and send it back to me.
Speaker 3: And I just had to.
Speaker 2: Memorize just like the rhythm of the sounds, because I don't speak Hindy even.
Speaker 3: Though I studied it.
Speaker 2: I did study at University Hindi, and I could read and write at one.
Speaker 3: Point you could at yeah, but like a long time ago, and I was never fluent. I never got to practice it.
Speaker 2: It was just like a year of like academic study on it and now I had to like speak it. So at least I knew how to do the pronunciation. But man, it was so stressful because if I knew, if I did it wrong, even one sounder word wrong, that's it.
Speaker 3: You've like showed yourself.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can't be out here exposing yourself like that.
Speaker 3: No, you can't be out here exposing yourself. That's illegal.
Speaker 1: That's that's a legal down. Coaching Pepper. They do push ups in his room, which I'm sure, I'm sure. Let to some other stuff later.
Speaker 3: Definitely, Banksgiving was a success for those two.
Speaker 4: Nick he gets trans got a granddaughter's phone number. Greta Lee. Shout out Grette Lee. Yeah, lunch lady Alison Becker. She played Pearl Pearl Meghan Falcone. She was the racist Alex Marshall Brown. She was Pepper.
Speaker 1: Shout out to shout out to Adam Huebel is ithubl. What's his name, Adam Hubel for as Jeff with a G shout out to him. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, shoved out of the loft.
Speaker 3: Didn't even get in the loft, Adam.
Speaker 2: A lot of physical violence that happens in this episode.
Speaker 1: Should see the next one.
Speaker 3: I know, the next one's pray If you.
Speaker 1: Think violence happens in this one, wait till y'all see the next one.
Speaker 2: And then CC chooses Schmidt and Schmidt chooses CC and they play the Time Monopoly game, which is sweet because those two are just known for like like epic hookups, and it's kind of sweet that everybody else gets them and they just have like this sweet moment playing a board game and hanging out and getting to know each other again. Right, And then we go and see Jess and Ryan posts Witus. They're in bed watching Paris Bueler and she's just like, man, I just feel for the administration.
Speaker 4: So they all get some except for CC and Schmidt, which they probably did, who knows.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: It ends at a certain point we don't know.
Speaker 2: We don't continue the night with him exactly, all right, you guys.
Speaker 3: That's the episode when we come back. We going on Miss mankgiving style.
Speaker 1: All right, baby babe. Who from the loft do we think would be the easiest to set up on a date?
Speaker 3: Nick? No?
Speaker 2: Really, I feel like Nick's just got like a looser standards. I feel like Schmidt has got like some rules. Coach does like some rules. Winston has got all these weird things you're into that you got to figure out.
Speaker 3: Just likes things that are super specific. Ce C can be picky, for sure. It's Nick. No.
Speaker 4: Nick literally went through, well you'll see when he goes on this date, all the things that he doesn't like. Now it's just do this, Noah, I can't do that. It's like a questionnaire they have between each other. Nick is Winston is so open to anything.
Speaker 2: I feel like he doesn't like the bus drivers and the lunch ladies and all the things. That's true when he would be up there, But when I'm not talking about like putting them in a relationship.
Speaker 4: Set up on a date, yeah, Like who would agree? I don't think Nick would agree because Nick would be like, she has a job.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Wait, I gotta I gotta thing, I gotta lay in bed today, or I gotta do the wint.
Speaker 3: I see what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Winston would show up to whatever the situation, whatever. He's down for things.
Speaker 3: I don't care. He don't care.
Speaker 1: He's open, He's like, hey, let me experience it.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like, if Nick said, set me up on a date, you could, like you could bring anybody and you would probably.
Speaker 4: You're thinking of, like you're thinking of if you were actually trying to be a good matchmaker, correct, who would be the to match with?
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I see what you're saying.
Speaker 3: I feel like Nick's type. There's a lot of those girls.
Speaker 2: I could find one quickly for him, but for for when he just has certain interests that I think you got to be a little more specific with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I see you're just saying, yeah, and that in that sense, I agree.
Speaker 3: Okay, well we agree with each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you're talking about like longevity, that's right, like a match I'm talking about would you go on the date?
Speaker 1: Yeah? After that, I don't give a ship.
Speaker 2: Tran is the MVP of this episode for real trans stories.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. We were never really with Tran.
Speaker 1: Never never with Tran.
Speaker 2: That's like a full Jake Johnson experience on New Girl with that dynamic, and we just never got tran time.
Speaker 4: I think I did once once in the we were at the Wee Spa maybe it was the spas different in the hot Yeah, and he's kind of like holding my body. I think that was the one time. But we didn't really speak too much. It got to the point where I honestly thought that Ralph couldn't speak.
Speaker 3: His method he's a method actor.
Speaker 1: Mute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, but yeah, I just know. I just remember he was just a really nice guy. That's that's in a sweetheart. You gotta be a sweetheart to come back and say that. For years, I want to call on this TV show and not say a word. He said something at the end. He did drop a line, I think at the.
Speaker 1: End, but yeah, yeah, that's kind of wild to me.
Speaker 2: But anyway, those characters like the trans the outside Daves who like live in the world of New Girl, that are so beloved and that make our show, I feel like, feel so connected and relatable and believable because we all have that in our lives. We have these kind of peripheral characters in our real life that kind of helped be like touchstones as.
Speaker 3: We go through the world. That's Tran Man.
Speaker 1: That's Tran.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Tran, Shout out to Ralph, me and love you and miss your buddy. Well, folks, that's it. That's it for this episode Thanksgiving. We hope that this holiday season you all will share all of your bangs Giving stories with Hannah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, please do.
Speaker 2: Actually, I am curious because you know how like when you see an idea on TV and if you're a fan of it, sometimes you're like, we should try that. Has anybody done a real bangs giving where you had to bring a date for someone else? Like any friend group actually done that? I would like to know.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's clip this because I want to know too.
Speaker 4: I want to know too, the gritty if all the specifics and the gritty details, you can send those pictures and videos to Hannah. Don't send that to me, just tell me the stories. I'm all about the stories. But anyway, Yeah, go and grab some of this, Grab some of this when you can.
Speaker 2: Yes, dummrch dummerge the mess around merch.
Speaker 3: We designed it. We created it just for you.
Speaker 2: Set the mess around pod dot com. Snatch it up before it goes. We do little limited drops on there with some fun things. We got some Elaine's Big Day on there, so Fergie Ferg's on there. Check it out and then take a picture in Tagas at the mess Around pod on Ig.
Speaker 3: And then come back next week because we.
Speaker 2: Have got a wild episode called girl Fight that was the mess Around in iHeartMedia Production.
Speaker 1: Our executive producer is Joel Monique.
Speaker 4: Our senior producer is Abu Zafar Bei Wang provided engineering and editing services.
Speaker 3: Additional production from Daniel Goodman, Wendy Heisler, and Kyle Sheffron.
Speaker 2: Our theme song was written and composed by Ronald Jukebox Jackson.
Speaker 3: Catch you next time. Bye,