Speaker 1: Put your hands together, and we're going to start to party and start.
Speaker 2: At the part.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to party.
Speaker 2: The Elvis Duran after Party.
Speaker 3: Yeah party podcast, Let's go.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you about going to a surprise party for a friend of ours over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Andre. We had a great time and so Alex and I.
Speaker 4: As one of our gifts for him, we brought in our favorite magician, John Steescil love him. Yeah, we love John, so cool, the nicest guy. We had so much fun and we got tanked and we got really pretty. But he was doing these tricks and people didn't know.
Speaker 3: Who he was. The people did not know who he was.
Speaker 4: We're skeptical. Okay, I'll watch this guy do a trick, and then boom, he does this trick. Cards start flying and moving around the room, and he finds a card on the ceiling and all this kind of stuff. Then people were hooked all night. He was the busiest man in show business. And then it's always funny. There's those who have to find out how he did the trick and those like me who I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to know. It's magic. Let it get too I.
Speaker 4: Can worry about other things, like the next drink at the bar. You know, don't you guys love magicians? I mean magicians to me, And this isn't so stupid, is that magicians are magic. I love that about magicians because I just how they do that.
Speaker 3: And I know it's a lot.
Speaker 5: Of practice, because I've tried to do it myself when I was a little kid, I wanted to be a magician.
Speaker 3: Didn't work out.
Speaker 5: Because you's gotta spend so much time doing it. You don't realize the amount of time John stescil practice. They call it the French drop when you make something disappear in your hand. It's the amount of He must have spent ten thousand hours minimum, learning how to do these magic tricks.
Speaker 6: Minimum reason he always learning, too, is always learning stuff.
Speaker 3: He needs to refresh those those tricks.
Speaker 4: Did you see the trick he played on his mother during COVID No.
Speaker 3: He his mother lives in Arizona.
Speaker 4: He actually reconstructed his bedroom or a room in his house that looks like his bedroom in a hotel room in her town in Arizona. And he was facetiming with her from this room in his house.
Speaker 3: He says, Mom, I got a great trick for you today. She's like oh you do what is it?
Speaker 4: He says, Okay, I'll call you back in five minutes, and then he drives around the corner to his mom's house with some flowers and she opens the door and he's standing right there. In her mind he was in his house in New Jersey because it looked just like that room. And then he was at her front door to say hi during COVID and I I know, but you know imagination, you know you if you just think it through, you can you can.
Speaker 3: Come up with any great trick, any great illusion. And he did.
Speaker 6: See.
Speaker 2: I think about the magicians versus mentalists. Well, magicians call themselves illusionists, right, not magicians that stuff. I feel like, okay, we could all learn it if we spend enough time, because there are tricks to it that they will teach you. But the mentalist, how did get in my head?
Speaker 6: How do they do that?
Speaker 2: That is crazy? Remember we had that O's Pearlman guy and he guessed my best friend's name and birthday. Even if it was just hey, guess that, I would be stunned that he did it. But the way he did it, where he told me to pick somebody who I'd be sad if they didn't come to my birthday party.
Speaker 6: Who would it be?
Speaker 2: Write it down on a piece of paper. He nailed it. How how do they do that?
Speaker 3: And why are they not billion?
Speaker 6: And then they put it in like a little envelope sometimes and the envelope is sealed.
Speaker 3: Why do you open it up?
Speaker 6: And the answer is there?
Speaker 3: How is that? Or if you cut it?
Speaker 4: You cut a limon in half and it's inside the limit.
Speaker 3: Stuff that freaks me out. Listen the slide of hand stuff.
Speaker 1: I get you could you know, you know people doing stuff with their hands, and you know when you're not looking. But these these moments where you're tearing up a map of the United States and to a zillion pieces, and then all of a sudden you're left with Miami and then that's what was on the side of the city.
Speaker 3: You were thinking of, How the hell does it get to that?
Speaker 5: So I was every once in a while Instagram changes its algorithm, right, And for whatever reason, there was the algorithm that started showing me how the magicians do these tricks. And I get this out of here, don't want to you can google it because I saw that one scary.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm not gonna tell you. I don't know.
Speaker 1: The guy who does chamber magic, Steve Cohen, does that in front and I was sitting in the front row and I'm.
Speaker 7: Like, how the hell Yeah, because he's even looking and he's angrily tearing up a map of the United States in random directions and his one little piece stuck in his hands. And then the girl reveals the town Miami, and he opens it up and this Miami with the point.
Speaker 3: With his stupid Instagram post. They showed the magic trick, and then they turned the camera around and they showed how he did it.
Speaker 6: Okay, I want to don't tell us how he did it, But were you amazed at how he did it? Or were you like, oh my gosh, that makes total sense.
Speaker 3: That's the second. The second it was so simple.
Speaker 5: I didn't even think it could have been done like that, and it just ruined it.
Speaker 3: I don't want to know. I don't want to know.
Speaker 4: There's the thing you do want to know, but you don't want to know.
Speaker 2: I want to know. Yeah, people did this stuff. They would have been killed.
Speaker 3: Which crowd, they would burn you at the state.
Speaker 6: Yeah, wait, what about what he puts it on like his Instagram page and it says like the answer, and he was in this room and he says, now go to my Instagram page and see the answer to the question. And you go there and there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, funny you mentioned that. It's funny you mentioned.
Speaker 4: That because when we went to see at the mcintrick Hotel.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was like the speakeasy magic.
Speaker 4: Yes, we would sit at a table and the magicians would rotate or the illusionists whatever would rotate. And there was one guy. I became friendly with him and followed him on Instagram, And every once in a while I'll get an Instagram notification from it and you don't open it up, and it's him and it says the Dollar Building is in your pocket. It's all the freaky answers, you know, for all the people he's doing a magic show for.
Speaker 3: At that time, I'm like, and I watched it.
Speaker 2: Time blasted to everyone. The people who reveal how to do it. Don't you like get kicked out of the Illusionist Guild for doing things like that?
Speaker 5: If I was an illusionist, I would hunt those people down.
Speaker 6: Isn't that why there was the mask Magicians show? Remember?
Speaker 2: And he used to show us how to do everything traders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if you've ever been to the Magic Castle in Los Angeles?
Speaker 3: Amazing? Right, I think they do have.
Speaker 4: Like a magician's council. I mean there are well, yeah, it's like the Broccoli Council.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, like you have to do certain things in order to be part of the guild.
Speaker 3: I guess it is. And uh, yeah, it was very impressive.
Speaker 5: I would go there random, like Friday and Saturday nights, and they would just have rooms that people were practicing magic, and then they would do a show at the end of the night.
Speaker 3: The food was terrible, he says.
Speaker 4: That place is as haunted as haunted can be.
Speaker 3: It's a very weird, creepy place. Yeah, the magic was cool.
Speaker 2: Also, don't you have to swear like loyalty and allegiance?
Speaker 3: So I thought, so, isn't it like the clowns.
Speaker 6: The clowns have like a something like a club.
Speaker 3: Clown club.
Speaker 2: A lot of those.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of those, scary They've nominate you for the club.
Speaker 3: I'm in.
Speaker 6: They all trained together and everything.
Speaker 4: There You go, well, yeah, magicians, let's support our local magicians. Let's have a few up on the show. Let's bring John Stescol back here because.
Speaker 3: We love him very much. He's a party man. We had a good night that was awesome. What I recall All right, well we're done, have a beautiful day and make every day.
Speaker 6: Imagine ran after party