Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The thrilling excitement of March Mania is here.
Speaker 1: In Draft Kingsports Book, one of America's top rated sportsbook app, is giving new customers a shot to turn five books into one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bet with any college basketball bet. North Carolina listeners don't forget. Draft King sports Book is now live in your state. Download the Draft Kingsportsbook app and use Cold Shannon. New customers can bet five bucks and get one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bets only at Draftking Sportsbook.
Speaker 2: With Cold Shannon, A crowned is.
Speaker 3: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight open wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and zero. Age varies by jurisdiction, Voyd and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Ce DKNG dot co, slash bball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your host, your favorite Uncle Asso Shannon Sharp. He's your favorite Number zero, Agent zero, Arizona Wildcat, Legend Wizard, Great Gilbert Arenas. Thank you for joining us. Please make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. You can listen through us Nightcap through Club shay Shape, but we would greatly appreciate it if you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. Thank you guys so much for selling out Shay by Laportier. We're taking pre orders only. As I said, we got a shipment of about four and a five thousand cases. I think it's five thousand cases eighteen thousand bottles, no five thousand cases six So how much if there's three thousands, we got three thousand cases in, We got three thousand cases in. We got a little over fourteen thousand bottles, so we got three thousand cases in.
Speaker 2: And we're only taking pre orders on Shaved by la Portier.
Speaker 1: But that should be enough to fulfill the obligation that we had with the pre orders first, and so we would definitely get to get through to you. So thank you guys so much. I really want to thank you for the bottom of my heart for making Shaved by Laportier.
Speaker 2: Such a huge success.
Speaker 1: Also, please subscribe to the Guill Arena channel. It's on YouTube. He hasn't showed. That airs every Monday through Thursday, eleven thirty am Pacific. That's Gill's Arena channel on YouTube every Monday through Thursday, eleven thirty am Pacific time. Also, you can subscribe to its personal page and it's called no Chill Guil. That's Gilbert Arena's personal YouTube page. No Chill Gill. Go and get those subs up. We gotta get him.
Speaker 2: I think it like what you at, Gil, like five thirty three, five thirty five.
Speaker 1: And somewhere around there. We got to get you to six hundred. That's to go. We gotta get Gill the six hundred. Let's get him a six hundred. So thank you guys, Gil, thank you for joining us. Tonight. The Sels beat the Bucks without Yiannis one to one, nineteen Gil, what were some of your takeaway from this.
Speaker 4: Game, It seems like Bucks are so comfortable, like Dame seems so comfortable without Giannis see which is a bad Which is which is bad because that's his whole career has been playing without you know, that type of player. Right, So going to the playoffs in the last month, they need to finally get their chemistry together because right now they don't have chemistry. Right, They're gonna win the games they won. They won off They're just a.
Speaker 2: Good team Boston.
Speaker 4: The biggest flaw is they stand around a lot playing ice or basketball.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: Right when one has the ball, the other star just sits there.
Speaker 2: In the deep corner, you know, waiting for.
Speaker 4: The ball to come around to his his area so then he can play one on one. That's how they lost to Miami, and they would not beat Denver playing that type of basketball.
Speaker 1: When you look at it, Boston shot twenty nine free throws, the Bucks shot fourteen, and it was and they're one point where I think the Celtics ran up the score seventeen eighteen, maybe even nineteen points, but they were never able to put the Bucks away. The Bucks come back and wheel it down. And I agree with what you said about Giannis, and I think the thing is with Dame. Dame is so used and so comfortable without playing with a super super mega superstar.
Speaker 2: That he's like, Okay, I'm just back in Portland. This ain't nothing to me.
Speaker 1: I'm used to having a supporting cast and I get to do my things. I'm gonna run guys, I pick, i gonna put guys in the pick and roll. They're gonna get me the ball and I can do my thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The concern that I have is that, look, we understand what Yianni sells.
Speaker 2: It goes without saying.
Speaker 1: In playoff the game is gonna come down to clutch time the last five minutes the game within five points. Who should have the ball in their hands versus who will have the ball in their hand killed? Those are two Those are totally two different questions with two different arguments.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at this point in time, I mean, I hope everyone's smart enough to know that Dame needs the ball.
Speaker 2: At the end of the game.
Speaker 4: He needs to be making all the plays, making all the decisions.
Speaker 2: It's no different than Kobe and Shaq. Yeah, Shack, we.
Speaker 4: Know you're dominant, just not at this point because we don't need you to get fouled unless you are making free throws at a high rate in that game. Other than that, we don't want you shooting free throws. That benefits the other team that you're going to free throw line. But what you're gonna need, and you've seen it today, you're gonna need free throw TIMPs. So what ends up happening is you're gonna need Giannis into the offense. Uh at the beginning of the fourth quarter. Yeah, so he team into the penalty rhythm. Yeah, he has to do his Everyone has to do their part understanding their roles, and until they get that, they're gonna you know, it's gonna be one of those you know, win a game, lose a game, win two games, lose two games.
Speaker 2: I don't see them. I don't see them getting out.
Speaker 4: Of the East just because I don't see that. Their chemistry is not gonna be there. Middleton just coming back, Gianni's is not there. When they all three get together, they gotta find in that rhythm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought Chris Middleton looked really, really good tonight. They didn't get much out of Jake Crowder play fifteen minutes. They didn't get much out of Elik Beasley play twenty six minutes between those guys, Oh, between those guys in Brook Lopez, you only got what twenty one points you need. You need more than that from your starters, especially with Dame doing what he did. Chris Middleton played really well only thirty three minutes tonight. Bobby ports Is Bobby Porters off the bench gave you a double double twenty four and ten. But you need more. You If y'anis is gonna be out, let's just add I don't know how long he's gonna be out, but you're gonna probably need thirty five points between those three guys. Now, how do you want to dive it up? Because Dame is gonna give you Dame numbers. If Chris Middleton's gonna give you twenty, Bobby Bobby Porter is gonna give you what he gives you off the bench. I can't have three guys playing those kind of minutes giving me twenty one points gain.
Speaker 2: I can't. Now.
Speaker 4: Now now we've seen, we see what the three amigos look like. See the three amigos for Dame is him, Bobby and Middleton.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: The ones that suffer is Lopez, Beasley, Crowder when.
Speaker 2: Yannisystem to stop me, Yannis, you need Brook Lopez man to be in the lane. You need Crowders man.
Speaker 4: To be in the lane, and that's how they get their open shots right right.
Speaker 2: So it's one of those.
Speaker 4: Both teams got to set a three that they're a three migos, So you got to figure out how all of those guys can play well together.
Speaker 2: I just think, look, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I look at it like when we played whether I win or lose, I was trying to gather as much information as I possibly can, just in case I had to see this team down the road, because I so I wanted to see, in certain situations down in distance how they played me, because I realized they're gonna play me different than they play any other tight end.
Speaker 2: So I'm trying to gather as much information.
Speaker 1: Five catches for fifty yards, ten catches for one hundred and twenty yards, it didn't matter. I'm trying to gather. It's much information as I can win or lose. I think the Buck looking at this says, look, guys, look how they shot the three and they got a bunch of them up. We know they're gonna get a bunch of threes up. But we were right there. Now, Yannis book, y'alln's gonna get thirty eighteen. I don't give damn what you do, Boston. You can't stop that he getting thirty eighteen. The question is, can Dame give me twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Thirty for the sea for the whole series? But yes, he's gonna have to be there. Nah. Now, well you know how you say you collect information? Yes, well that's docs. That's Doc's weakness.
Speaker 4: Oh lord, because no, because exactly what you said you said.
Speaker 2: They're looking at this game and say we didn't have Giannis.
Speaker 4: That is his gonna that's his speech in that locker room as we speak. Hey, you know, guys, we kept fighting back. We played hard. Uh you know we didn't have Gianni's today.
Speaker 2: Look what we did. We put them on the bricks they made this week? Did that wo?
Speaker 4: And then play them exactly the same and damn way the very next game he doesn't adjust well because he makes up an.
Speaker 2: Excuse for why they lost.
Speaker 4: So he's okay with we fought hard, instead of going in there and saying we didn't do this, well, we need to clean this up.
Speaker 2: We need to clean this up.
Speaker 4: And then go into the next game with a different game plan. He's gonna go into the same the next game with the same exact game plan and wonder why he can't win.
Speaker 1: Around Well, how about this even if Dame does it well, because if Dame, look, I need to get somewhere between fifty five and sixty five points between Dami and Jannis because I can't because I can't count on the other three starters to give me twenty five to thirty. So I need at least I need at least that because if Dame gives you less than twenty, can I expect Beasley to have a game where he goes for twenty five? Can I expect crowded and have a game? Well, he goes for twenty five. Now, uh, Lopez low Pez, you know he he's semissed. I mean they've been games. He goes twelve or fourteen, makes four eight from the three, so he can give you twenty. The X factor is gonna be Chris Middleton because you know, come playoff time, deal them. Games happen every other day. Ain't no two days rest ain't no. The biggest risk you'll get is between games two and three, gotta travel. You get a couple of extra days and then boom you back up. So if if if Joannis and Dame do what they do and Middleton can give me twenty, I like their chances because Bobby Porters is gonna give me some Gonna give me fifteen to twenty off the bench.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you a hole. Yeah.
Speaker 4: When it comes to playoffs, it's a little different because you get that playbook on. You get that playbook, you know exactly what everyone does.
Speaker 2: It's you know, actually what you do. We know when Giannis goes left, his passing.
Speaker 4: Percentage is ten percent, so we're gonna push him left knowing that he don't pass the ball going left, he's gonna take that shot right. So all of that is gonna be put into it. So you do need a Bobby Porters.
Speaker 1: We just need one game of you being good, right, Lopez, We just need one game of you.
Speaker 2: Being good, and that's you the playoffs do.
Speaker 4: So you'll take your three guys right, and you say, all right, we have Jannis, Middleton and Dame between.
Speaker 2: The three of you.
Speaker 4: This is how we need at least sixty points from the three of you. Everybody else chip in. We're expecting out of the other five players. One of you guys have fifteen to twenty five one game. Just be great for one game, and that's how the series goes. You just gotta be great for one game during the season. Now if you want to have three or four games and help us get out of this series.
Speaker 2: Right, But for the most part, you're not.
Speaker 4: Expecting your bench to be dominant like that because it's a four game series. So people are getting cut off and it's basically stars being stars.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna need Listen, I'm gonna need the Bucks, Big Three, Middleton, Johannis, and and and Dame. They gotta give me at least seventy because I know John is gonna give me thirty.
Speaker 2: So if Dame Dame Dame gonna.
Speaker 1: Give me twenty five, so can can Middleton give me somewhere between fifteen and twenty? On a nightly basis hell playing thirty playing thirty to thirty five minutes, I think he.
Speaker 2: Can give you fifteen. It all depends on what team you guys are playing. First.
Speaker 4: If you're playing Miami, right, uh, it needs to be switched around, and Joannis needs to be at about twenty to twenty five.
Speaker 1: Uh, y'all is gonna get you twenty twenty five, you lose it. If if y'all is scoring twenty twenty five points, you losing. Unless Dame goes, hey, why give you four?
Speaker 2: To you? But y'all just can't give you. He has to give you that.
Speaker 4: No, if he gives you, if he gives you thirty, if he gives you thirty thirty five, that means he's playing into Miami's defense.
Speaker 2: Be selfish. We that's why he can't beat them, because that defense.
Speaker 4: Is designed to cut off everybody else and just let you score.
Speaker 2: So he is gonna have to become a passer.
Speaker 4: Just for that series. He's gonna have to let everybody eat. And he beat a decoy some of these playoff games. Just like a receiver, right, sometimes you gotta be a decoy, run your route hard to make everybody look and then we're going, we're going, we're gonna beat up on this side a little bit.
Speaker 2: Right, he's never learned. He thinks he can just I'm gonna get it this year. I'm gonna get it this year. They you know, they've been playing me great, I'm gonna keep it. That's not how it is. They have you.
Speaker 4: They have your number, and the number they have is you trying to score thirty thirty five, and if you score thirty thirty five, your team loses.
Speaker 2: If he scored fifteen to twenty five, your team wins. Pick it. He's never picked a fifteen to twenty five.
Speaker 1: Well, they do a good job. They got Bam, and Bam does a good job. Obviously they're gonna help some. But Bam does a good job of defending him. But I think now you can't load up on it because they've never had to defend somebody like thing that was running a riding shot gun with it. So them loading up trying to build that wall. Okay, yeah, look, we know he's gonna get one to two charges of the game because he gets in his mind like i'mt my head, I'm going to the rim down. But he's never had a guy like Dave as great as Holiday was. He ain't dame on the offensive end, And so I think that's that's where they could The Bucks has an advantage this time around it if they were to meet because the Celtics are eleven clear of Milwaukee, they're fifty five and fourteen. Milwaukee is forty four and twenty five. There's only a six game. There's only six games separating two three. It means Miami's in the eight seed and a slot thirty eight and thirty one, and Milwaukee is in the two spot forty four, twenty five.
Speaker 4: And you know, and the team that's in the seventh and the eighth. They had trouble with both.
Speaker 1: Of them because it looked Indian ain't looking to play no defense, make miss out of bound foul.
Speaker 2: They look at to put well, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, in the playoffs that place like that play to the Bucks. You know, everyone's gonna look at old man Indiana. Is the playoffs right, and the playoffs the game naturally just slows down.
Speaker 2: It becomes a little tougher.
Speaker 4: You know, those those reps really really so you.
Speaker 2: Know they play to the stars. So Indy where Indian got it.
Speaker 4: Indiana's going to be at a disadvantage in the playoffs against the Bucks even though their their their record in regular season it has been dominant against them.
Speaker 1: Okay, your time, Pride. Next segment, it's called a NewsCap. Let's see what the NewsCap brings for today. Anthony Davis admits every game is a playoff game for the Lakers, Ad said, Bron is Ron. Obviously it's time for It's that time of the year, shooting the ball extremely well, in a tag mode, finding guys. He's been locked in defensively. So it's this time of year, especially for us, where every game is a playoff game, so the time of year extensively locked in and get the job done.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: We see what there. We see them go on the road and beat Boston without Lebron. We see them at home beat Milwaukee without Lebron. We see them win some games, but then we see Ad gets hurt and then they blow it. Had they had a big lead against the against the Warrior and end up losing on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Do the Lakers have another gear.
Speaker 1: That they can get to like last year, that can get them to the Western Conference Finals? Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do. It's all depending on Lebron. It's Lebron's. It's it's Lebron's next gear.
Speaker 2: That that's it.
Speaker 4: It ain't the Lakers next year, it's Lebron's the next gear. He's gonna carry the load. You know, He's gonna come out and try to turn it up a notch.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: It just made me laugh that this is playoffs for Anthony Davis.
Speaker 2: But he went out with a high injury.
Speaker 1: Man that man elbow, the man, I was right there. He he got, he got hit hard. I mean, I know you can't hard. You can't really tell because you know, he kind of got like like googly eyes. Anyway, but he got he took a good shot.
Speaker 2: He took it.
Speaker 4: He took he took a good shot to that. I mean he came back with twenty five and you and fifteen. It's all positioning. Now, it's all positioned at this point right now, where where the tense. So we'll play let's say Golden State, and at the end season game, we will beat them, right, that's gonna be.
Speaker 2: We're just gonna hit the.
Speaker 4: Glass and a d and Lebron attack the rim because they don't know how to defend the rim at this point, they're not gonna shoot they free throws. Then we're gonna play what between Dallas and uh South Phoenix Phoenix.
Speaker 2: And then if we get that eighth seed, oh sure, oh you got shape.
Speaker 1: Oh if they if they get okay, feed he'll beat in the playoffs, Yes, sir, yes, they'll be beat You've.
Speaker 4: Beat okay, see and then you now you have the number one slot, which means you play four five, which four five is Pelicans or the Clippers. If you get the Clippers for the Lakers, that that is amazing because one, you don't have to leave. Two, that's a Laker crowd on both sides. The only time it turns in the Clipper crowd is if the Clippers is winning in the last four or five minutes, then their their fans says is engaged.
Speaker 2: Other than that, it's damn near a Laker.
Speaker 4: Game all seven all seven games, and then you get Denver in the.
Speaker 1: Western Conference and hopefully you know they're beat up by then. If not, well you see you next year. Yeah, because man, the live the last five minutes. Man, that two main game with Yok and Murray either dribble, hand off the pick and roll or Murray breaks you down and then he hits Michael Porter Jr. And he hadn't been missing lately for that three ball. Yoki's gonna be Yoke.
Speaker 2: You can see.
Speaker 1: You can see He's like, well, damn, because who did they play the Maverick? No, who did they play the other night they played? Who did they play?
Speaker 2: Last night? They played? Timber Wolves?
Speaker 1: Timberwolves Timberwolves said, you know what, we're gonna let you score. We ain't gonna let you We're not gonna let you get twenty six and fifteen sists. So we're gonna neutralize some of the Okay, I'll drop thirty five and sixteen on your hands with three of this.
Speaker 2: And then you got Michael Porter Jr.
Speaker 1: He got to going late in the fourth and then he couldn't miss, and then they ended up hope they they end up helding off for Minnesota, even though a man had a great look at a three to send the game in the overtime. But that's the thing with the Nuggets that the last five minutes they make you execute every possession because they execute every present they get. They get every every shot that they want. They ain't taking no bad shots.
Speaker 2: And even when the clock's running down it you think it's a bad shot for Yo.
Speaker 1: When he's stepping back off one foot throwing it up there, you can't see the ball, it's a great shot for him.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 4: I think the last five minutes Lakers need to switch their offense. Yes, you want the ball on the bronze hands, but it seems like when we're playing them that's where we lose the game, right, It's the it's the execution of the last five minutes. I I think that we should be playing Dlo and Davis.
Speaker 5: No, you need to play pick and roll in two man game like Murray and Kick and then have Lebron and that dunker spot lob spot.
Speaker 2: So if you're trying to help on eighties roll, you have Lebron James.
Speaker 4: On the backside ducking in and coming to the because for the most part, if he can't get to the lane, he's gonna do a step back.
Speaker 2: Three, which you don't need heat.
Speaker 4: Checks the last five minutes, right, and then you don't you don't really need no bomb passes where he's trying something he don't have it. Then he throw the reeves. Reeves just shuck that three up. So it seemed like it'd be more a better, a better type of offense if you have Lebron playing like Gordon in the last five minutes, where because it's Lebron on the backside, we really actually have to pay attention to him, and.
Speaker 2: That that's how we beat That's what we beat.
Speaker 4: The Golden State Last year. When Lebron was picked, he was the picker he was playing slash and cutting because playing for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah put put put uh del and Lebron the pick because Lebron to you don't.
Speaker 4: Like Lebron because uh because I need unless Lebron is unless Lebron is diving, I need the Anthony dive and I need Anthony Davis.
Speaker 2: Who's gonna if they switch it. Anthony Davis is posting up against the.
Speaker 4: Little guy, so now he can just shoot over him, Like, I like that idea better.
Speaker 2: You know him and Lebron.
Speaker 4: Lebron's gonna step step back and then that's gonna.
Speaker 2: End up turning into a jumper. Yeah, I don't nah, no, thank you.
Speaker 1: Draymond Green says Kyrie Irban is the most skilled player in NBA history. Dre said there's actually nothing you can do to stop Kyrie from scoring. You just try to do all you can to make it tough, make a tough shot, and live with the results. Dame Little tweeted Kyrie Irvan is the most skilled player in NBA history, and quite frankly, I'm not sure who can argue against that. The things that Kyrie, if capable of, are unreal. Bugy Cousin says, also, Kyrie Irban is the most skill, is more skill than Kobe. I might put him over cold, and I gotta put I have to got to put him over cold that MOFO five or level posting them up.
Speaker 4: I can, I can, I can, I can argue against it, okay, argue. The question is what is what?
Speaker 2: What is? What is skilled? I guess you're talking about ability to handle the ball game? Finish.
Speaker 1: I think it's a it's a it's a it's a skill to be as small as he is can finish at the ri You.
Speaker 4: Can't use height to to to determine if you can finish. Either you can finish or you can't. So if he can finish at the rim, he can finish.
Speaker 2: At the rim.
Speaker 1: You don't think there's a skill to be able to do this and kiss it off the glass up under here, or spin or spin it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all skilled. So yah. So the question is.
Speaker 4: How many categories are we putting in the skilled department?
Speaker 2: Right? How many categories there? From there? You look through history and see who who checks off?
Speaker 4: Because Larry Bird was skilled, was filled, Jordan was skilled, Windy is skilled.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So when we're talking like I think everyone just sees the flashiness, and that's what yt are skilled.
Speaker 2: And he's the most skilled.
Speaker 4: Player because of how his array of moves, which is only unlocked because of the rule calling.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: But when we're talking about skill offensive, least skilled posting up, mid range, passing, dribbling, lay a package, dunk package.
Speaker 2: Right, there's there's there's at least five.
Speaker 4: To seven boxes that you have to check these players off.
Speaker 2: And you know, there's a lot of very skilled players.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for the most part, they can't dribble at a level ten, but some.
Speaker 2: Of them are at eight to nine.
Speaker 4: There's things that Hyrie is an eight to nine at that people are attend in for Wimby. Winby dribbling is a ten for big men. So what can he do that Winby can do?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: I think looking to three, he's throwing it between people legs.
Speaker 2: He's doing like you know what I mean. So his skill level is very high too.
Speaker 4: So right now, it's just the flashiness of the dribble that there can.
Speaker 2: Gil.
Speaker 1: I honestly think people when they say skill, they think they just look at the offensive side. So I think we're just gonna put it in an offensive bucket. I think they look at his handles his ability to handle, his ability to finish with either hand equally as well his ability to shoot the ball from three, to shoot the ball from the mid range. He's on pace to deal another fifty forty ninety. I think only two guys have ever had two seasons with that, and that's Kevin Durant. Lad Bird has had a fifty forty ninety. I think Dirk Nbisky's had a fifty forty ninety. Steph Curry's had a fifty forty ninety. Kyrie Irvan is on pace to have another fifty forty ninety. And so you look at him, he's a three level scorer. He got the three, he has the mid range. Obviously, he has the layoup package from either side with either hand.
Speaker 2: I got to update you five level.
Speaker 1: With it over five, so he gets free thrown.
Speaker 4: So three levels is lay up mid range in three three five levels is the ability to post stuff and the ability of logo ISOs.
Speaker 2: So yes, he is considered five levels.
Speaker 4: So like someone like Curry is only a three level because he don't post stuff and he don't iso right.
Speaker 2: So there is different tiers you to basketball.
Speaker 4: But you know when when you just say offensively, then Larry Bird two right, play your whole game, scored forty something with his left hand said, I'm too bored to night. I'm gonna be I'm gonna be left. I gotta stay it right for the Lakers. So you know it's it's to really say who is and just stand on it. Let we got to put it in categories, all right, dribbling, give it a rating, drip, shooting, mid range, shooting this, this, this, and then go from there and see who is actually the best. Pirie is the best dribbler ten right.
Speaker 2: Moves creating him and Kobe right, James Harden.
Speaker 1: I think people forgot about Jay when Jane was it had that had that like that five six year stretch Gil but that man, people say, people saying he better scored than Geordie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean people, Yeah, I mean the dude.
Speaker 1: He had what he had like thirty some games, well thirty some games where he had at least thirty pours a game and he was getting sixty point triple doubles. He get fifty point triple doubles, I mean, and he had developed that step back.
Speaker 2: It wasn't nothing you can do with it. It's like he's one of nine. Kyrie is one of the most skilled players that's walked through the league, best dribbler by far.
Speaker 4: So you know, but when we're when we're talking about who is the most skillful, you know, there's there's more attributes to the game than dribbling in.
Speaker 2: The flash part of it. Right, Like Steve what is what can he do better than Steve Nash has dribbled? I mean can he be? I mean, yeah, he has a better finishing package.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, Steve Nash shoots the mid range, better shoot the three, better pass better, right, so you see, I wins here, he wins here. So it depends on what we're using. Okay, speaking to.
Speaker 1: Kobe, Gil, you defended Kobe Bryant's parents for selling his championship ring. Gill, you said, you can't be mad at the parents on this one. They broke they got no money. You can't be mad because they're selling the rings. The money wasn't left to them. They tried to eat. Kobe gave his father, Joe, his very first championship ring. Joe and Pamela didn't attend a couple's weddings when Kobe mad Vanessa. Kobe parents did not attend the wedding in two thousand and one. Over the years, there have been a brief reconciliation were documented, but that came to a halt in twenty thirteen. When you give and they take, That's what I said. Givers must put limits on what they give, because takers will never put limits on what they take. This is what Kobe said. When you give, give and they take take, At what point do you draw the line in the sand? Kobe tweeted with hashtag heard beyond measure, gave me no warning.
Speaker 2: And finally love.
Speaker 1: Now. Remember they tried to hawk all this high school stuff, all the trophies and all the stuff. I mean, got gil, I mean how much? I mean how much? How much is us in our community? Somehow we feel that no matter what our parents do to us, we should no matter what some of our family members do to us.
Speaker 2: Man, you gotta be there the hell with that. I know my mom had have sold anything of mine. She ain't about to get nothing.
Speaker 1: I hope she got twenty million for it, cause she never getting another die from Shamon sister.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 1: No, you're not finna do me like that just because you my blood. That should be more of a reason than I cut your ass off, cause you know what I went through to get to where I got.
Speaker 2: Nah, I can't, I can't. I can't rock with Kobe pants.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know what you said it, but what is up happening is if if you kick him off the house and you cut off the food supply, they gotta.
Speaker 2: Eat, right, they have to eat.
Speaker 1: The question that I got a better question, why did he cut your ass off?
Speaker 2: To begin with? Well, well, uncle, we can't actually go through that.
Speaker 4: Live, but let's say they had his best interests that heart, Yes, answer Gil, they didn't want how how How old is how old is your oldest son?
Speaker 2: Seventeen?
Speaker 1: Okay, they're gonna come a point in time that you're gonna beat twenty one, twenty three, twenty five, twenty seven. At that point in time, he gonna be grown. You can say, son, I don't think she bro half the team done being with her. But if he love her, an issue can say, at that point in time, my son got married, my son got married. I think my son was twenty seven to twenty eight. Hey, I have a conversation with him. I said, hey, bro, what's what's going on like that?
Speaker 2: Hey? I love him?
Speaker 1: I want to be with him. That's who I want to be with. I say, you sure, it's the happiest I've ever seen it.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. They got with it.
Speaker 4: But but but you know that's not how that works, right, you know this is actually the real life how it hurts, I mean works if the parents disagree, like I don't think you should marry her, like if you're young when you need to preen up. And the father who's been an NBA player before giving his knowledge to his son, right, well yeah, if if his girlfriend knows the parents don't like him, what happens when they get married? What is the girlfriend's stand or the wife now stands the wife stand is right, I don't I don't mess with them right here, but here cut off. So the wife cuts off the parents no matter what. So now Kobe is trying to feed him in the back. Eventually the wife is making all the decisions.
Speaker 1: So guess what if that was if that was the dad's money, If the dad was a multi billionaire and he says, you know, I'm about to lead this company. I'm about to leave this fortune to you, son, And if you won't get no prenup, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Kobe made that money. Yeah, his mommy day ain't got ins to do with that.
Speaker 1: If if I if I got five hundred million, and I say, you know what, I'm about to have the world biggest bond fire in LA. That's my damn money. Ain't nobody got up and shot them shots with me. Ain't nobody run with me. Nobody did that? So what Kobe doing with this money? I get parent, you want the best interest in you of your child. I get it. I'm a parent. But sometimes, Gil, the only way your child is gonna know his head hurt is the bumping and damn self. And that's a hard lesson to learn when you're dealing with that kind of money. But that's okay, that's him. But that's the problem. It's not like they're saying give it to me. They're saying that was their stance. So it's not like him and Kobe had a fall out. Vanessa is the one who's saying they don't like me, Well, I don't like them.
Speaker 2: They can stay over there, they can't see the kid.
Speaker 4: It's her stance now because she's the wife, so she is the one who put the bridge in between the two of them.
Speaker 2: So we thought you should factor that in.
Speaker 1: Fact of that is, man, I'm being I'm being a jerk to this girl. What if this what if this is my son? What if this is my son's wife and they have kids? How am I gonna see the grand baby? You give you what person? You know you can give them your ass. The kids and when they get into an advent tells your situation. Now all of a sudden, you want to do you want to be nice. You want to be nice to them. They're gonna turn around to give you their ask.
Speaker 2: To But again, you don't. You don't have to. You got a factor in that.
Speaker 4: You thought these two parents was gonna think their son would just pick a woman over them.
Speaker 2: You didn't. You don't. You don't factor that in. You're just being parents, Yes, you A son is a son until he takes a wife.
Speaker 1: A daughter is a daughter for life. Don't you forget that? Gilbl Arenas, you remember that? Okay, okay, so you know.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: I don't know how, but the Bible says when a man chooses a wife, that is now he is home.
Speaker 2: But this is before the wife, this is before she's a wife.
Speaker 4: Even in the process of giving her father and parent advice.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, he didn't take it. Now he didn't take it. You can't be mad.
Speaker 1: You can't be mad at you give your It's just it's just like you give your son back. Hey son, you need to go and get the shots. Now you need five hundred. He do two fifty. You can, son, I'm telling you now, you take the five hundred, is gonna greatly increase your chances of being what you want to be. You want to be the number one crewit in twenty twenty six. That's what you're gonna need to do. You need to get up and get this run in. You need to get eat like this. You can give him all the advice that you want, but you can't want something for the child more than they wanted for themselves. He wanted Vanessa more than he wanted the advice from his parent.
Speaker 2: You can't be mad, he said. They're mad. They're not mad. There's nothing to be mad about. You chose her. Oh cool, were here living, but we gotta live right. You're not talking. We're not talking to each other.
Speaker 4: We got five dollars in our bank account, bills is coming up.
Speaker 2: All we have so ollo what what? He in the NBA he didn't have no job.
Speaker 1: So what when Kobe retired, he return When Kobe got to the NBA, he RETI Kobe.
Speaker 4: He was in the NBA maywhere where they made sixty two dollars, Well.
Speaker 2: He should have kept twenty four.
Speaker 1: The thing is, Gil, sometimes parents think, will my son make it? I'm straight, I'm gonna give him to kick my heels up. That's a nice gesture if your son retires, parents or grandparents. That was me and my brothers objected, but my grandparents would have never done. My grandparents always say it when grant I got a I got a baby, all right, all right boy, grand I got another? All right, boy, you take care of them. That's how she ever said, whatever makes you happy because you say if you like it, I love it because I ain't got.
Speaker 2: To spend one day with him. Okay, the parents.
Speaker 1: Ain't got to spend no one day with Vanessa. Whether they liked her or not. Your like or dislike doesn't outweigh Kobe's love.
Speaker 2: That has nothing to do with the love is survival. Oh no, I'm just I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: Something calls this break, Gil, something calls this break.
Speaker 2: Yes it did.
Speaker 4: It was Vanessa caused the break, so they had to be on the out right. So since there, since they were on the out all the stuff that he did for them before this break, the house and all that, they can't keep up with it. Right, they don't have a job. They're in their sixties and seventies. So if Kobe was taking care of them, now they're cut off. Now, now what did they do to survive?
Speaker 2: The only thing they have this memorerabellion. So if you what.
Speaker 1: They were setting, they were selling it before you were selling.
Speaker 2: Kobe had schools when they got cut off.
Speaker 1: So the first time you winn the first time, Kobe the first kill.
Speaker 2: That's not your words, Gill, that's not yours, that's his is. So what do you want him to do? I want him to give him an ish back? Okay, give you ish back. And still the house that we have still does. The bills don't get paid.
Speaker 4: So when you see it the first time, when you see your parents are selling this the first time for money to survive that right.
Speaker 2: There, you should have bought all the stuff out of the house. Give it all. We're not going to go down this road again.
Speaker 4: It's five hundred thousands a million dollars because I don't need some regular person sending it. Because when you guys get desperate again for money, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Sell it? Yeah? And then when when when does it stop? Once you got all yourself?
Speaker 1: Hey, Because that's what I tell That's what I tell kids. Get you get your mom and your grandma, your parents a house that they can afford the upkeep. If you gotta pay for somebody to cut the grass every week, if you gotta pay for somebody to clean the house every week, if you gotta.
Speaker 2: Bro what are you doing? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Your parents don't need a three million dollar crib that you gotta have the upkeep, the upkeep on a three million dollar year of crib?
Speaker 2: Is what.
Speaker 1: Get you something they can afford the upkeep and keep it moving. Now I'm in a different situation. Yeah, But at the end of the day, Gill, being a parent and you a parent, you know, and what do we know about kids? The more you tell them not to do something, what they're gonna do it?
Speaker 2: Little do that?
Speaker 1: No, if they were trying to pull them apart, they was actually pushing them closer together.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they knew that it wasn't. It wasn't a whole bunch of fight on. It was just one. It was just one one time. That was it.
Speaker 1: Man, You know that what you know that woman looks. The parents got pushed out of the relationship, and that was. That was the end of it. There was nothing, that was it. There was no I mean, do a part of me feel bad, yes, yes, yes, yes, I hate that. I hate to seem families bicker.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm fortunate. I'm very fortunate. I'm not married, but my mom kind of let me live my life. This is what Kobe told ESPN. Our relationship is an ish. I say I'm going to buy you a very nice home, and the response is that's not good enough. Then you're selling my ish about Kobe told ESPN. Our relationship is an ish. I say I'm going to buy you a very nice home, and the response is that's not good enough. So you get ready by your mom and dad. He said, you know what, Mom, Dad, I appreciate y'all because y'all was great to me. Y'all made sure me and my brother and sister we had roof over head. Y'all gave me everything I needed. This is what I got for y'all. You see, I'm a firm believer, and you've heard me say it. The one thing I hate more than anything from a person is ungratefulness. Now, guy, I was, you know Steph Curry. I went to the game so Saturday, and during the time my step came over there that Hey, at that halftime it got a half because they was in front of and where I was sitting. Step came up and said, Hey, what you got for you? What you got for your own? He said, I got you what you need. I say, whatever, Bro't I ain't picking.
Speaker 2: I don't say.
Speaker 1: Jersey sweat man. Whatever you give me, bro I'm good. So he said, uh, you after the game. After the game, you know, come to the tunnel.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I got to go through the tunnel where they are anyway, so cool, no problem. I go back talk to Savannah and Rich Paul for a minute. Then I head over there. He's working out, so I'm waiting from the finished working He come out. He'd say, appreciate you know, we just talk at you in the fact. So I guess somebody were recording it and posted it, and somebody said, man, I wouldn't want no shoes. I'd have ad for the jersey. Think about that. He didn't have to give me anything. He gave me a share. He didn't have to give me anything. How can you say, if somebody is giving you something, they should have given you something else. How do you say if somebody is buying you something that's not good enough, that's not enough. Now, I'm just saying, that's what Kobe said.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wasn't there because let me tell you something else. Give people like, oh you gossip it? You do realize any time that you sit down with one person and the person they're saying something about isn't there to refute what they're saying. Is godsip for here saying because you weren't there to hear the conversation in his original format, So how do you know? So this notion that oh, somebody going there gossiping. No, anytime you ask somebody and they tell you a story and you weren't there to hear it firsthand or the person that they're talking about, isn't that to refute, It's gossible.
Speaker 2: So this is what Kobe told is men.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's true or not, but I'm just saying something forced him to feel this type of way about his parents, and I don't know, it's hard for me to bleeve. It's look, I understand that sometimes you know, woman or man can feel some type of way, but you.
Speaker 2: Got to be in a relationship with the parents. You got to understand that.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the day, no matter the fight or not the house they got, if they still have that house, right, I don't know if they sold the house for money, But just like anything, you buy it, you buy someone a house, congratulate, thank you, I appreciate it, and you're you're telling me I got to upkeep it myself. How if you buy your if you buy your sister right now three million dollar house and then tell her she has to up keep it herself and you're not gonna give her nothing else can she.
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: So, but you know what, my sister better not be acting a damn food and talking talking about she cray.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is if she starts selling your ship to cleanse bills around here, you see where I'm going now, Like if she's already cut her off and she she's like, oh shit, I got to pay the water bills. This this this this shen is gonna kick my ass now, I gotta start selling some.
Speaker 2: Of this ship in here to pay some of the bills.
Speaker 4: Like, sometimes doing something good for somebody is still putting them in a bad situation, and that's where they are. They were in a bad situation. I'm pretty sure they don't want to sell the ship.
Speaker 2: You got a ring I'm sitting there.
Speaker 4: There's ninety one hundred, two hundred thousand dollars right there that we can use today that it's on the shelf. They're not part of the mom but not part of the Mama legacy. They don't have they don't have the three four hundred million dollars they can these shoes. They're not getting a percentage of nothing all on the shelf.
Speaker 2: Kobe's legacy.
Speaker 1: She got to be lonely because I mean, think about it, like the grandparents on one side. You remember her mom tried to see her, So the parents on hers. I don't know if her daddy's in her life or anything like that, but the mom on one side tried to see her. The in laws on the other side selling your husband's stuff, and so you don't have a relationship, so you're kind of like isolated.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she has any brothers and sisters, So I don't know that kind of relationship.
Speaker 2: So I don't want to speak to that.
Speaker 1: But I know it's hard for me to believe that she has a relationship with a mom when a mom tried to sue. I don't know anybody that has a relationship with a family member after you tried to sue it you if it to get you, if it to get Yoah.
Speaker 2: But gil, let me tell you a funny story.
Speaker 1: Like when my brother went went went to the league and we were living and we were living in the house. My grandma said, well, you know, we ain't gotta move. You can fix this up. Granted it's a thousand square foot send a block, no paneling, a tin roof, fix up what? But you see how Mia was thinking. She always thought, she like, well, what happened? Did we have to come back? That was her biggest fear.
Speaker 2: That was my greatest motivation to make sure she never had to go back.
Speaker 1: I just you know, look like I said, Yeah, I've been blessed. I've been very fortunate. I got a brother, got a sister, and we are close. When I say we're close. Now, don't get me wrong, we disagree. You damn right, we disagree, but we're close, close, close, and so and then my mom, she's my only parents that still hear. My dad died a long time ago, and then my grandpa. My grandmother passed in twenty eleven. But we're close. I couldn't imagine. I just couldn't. I couldn't. I couldn't imagine. It's beyond the realm of my comprehension because knowing how close we were growing up, and knowing that my mom did all that she could, even though she was in Chicago. She made sure for Birthday and Christmas and holidays and events that she could get there. She got there, and my grandmother did everything that she possibly could. I couldn't imagine being that way with my Well, I can imagine being that way with in laws, but I could imagine being that way with my own thing.
Speaker 4: But what happens is you never you never had to go. They his parents probably never thought the same way until a girl got him. See, a girl got involved with you, and your mom said, I don't think it should marry her, and then you marry anyway. Now that that girl is saying, hey, I don't like your mom, and I don't want nothing to.
Speaker 2: Do with your mom. Now that pushed the wedge between you and your mom. It's not you too, it's your new wives. And that's where the problem becomes.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: You probably you probably you probably should have kept that to yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, son, hey, if you happy, you ain't Gil. You know if you happy, So that's what makes you happy? You know all of my Lord, please have merchant watch a boy son. I mean, you think one thing, but you say something else, Gil, because you know, because knowing if if they're in love as much as you believe they are, you know, he gonna go back.
Speaker 2: And tell you that you kill You know that?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was okay, And he ain't got no reason to lie. Those are his parents. Why would he make up a fallacy about his parents or what they said? So now I might have been feeling some type. Well, I know, I Vanessa was seventeen, and you know, hey, you're seventeen. You're like Covid. Probably you never really had a real girlfriend. Maybe did, maybe didn't, but that's seventeen. The newness of it. You're like, this ain't gonna last. Well, and they inseparable?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean you hit you hit the problem right there without realizing it.
Speaker 1: Gil, yep, And the thing was, Gil, I guess and guess what. He had a tone of vision, He had a singular focus. He found someone that could understand his singular focus. We heard Braun to say, you got to sacrifice a lot of time with loved ones.
Speaker 2: To be great. Man.
Speaker 1: He found that person that understood and and could say, you know, hey, go go be great and we'll be and I'll be here, and hey, everybody, everybody, everybody.
Speaker 2: Could have did it.
Speaker 1: People are, oh, oh, I could be Savannah James. No you could, No, you know you couldn't. Well I be with you couldn't know you couldn't. Everybody could always say after the fact. But I'm sure there are some times matter like, I don't know this is, this is, it might not be for me. And that's somebody said the exact same thing. But kudos for them for hanging out there. But Mi, Guil, I don't know, Gil, I don't know. I guess that's why you and I ain't married.