Speaker 1: What's up, guys. It's JP, one of the hearts and souls of the podcast. If you're here for the cj Uzama episode, you're gonna want to fast forward to bloss to what You're gonna.
Speaker 2: Want to fast forward to the hour and fifteen mark.
Speaker 1: Hour and fifteen minute mark. It's gonna come right after the Roman ad. But if you're a Tier one, disregardless message and enjoy this episode of Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to Busting with the Boys. We are electric. We're happy to have you here, and we're also brought to you by the most durable, most reliable the vehicle on the road. That is the Chevy Silverado. That thing is strong and dependable, just like the people that drive them do. My favorite part of the show, the Chevy Sovrado is that multi flextail. Get everyone see you fucking press the button and at first am I confused? You President? Only half of it comes down. You're like, how to them? How are how is this gonna work? Long story short, Dige. You're reading the manual a little bit, You're realize and it's easily easy, easy to get in and out of those things you're a farmer. Dude. If you're in South Dakota and those winds, you're you're a farmer. Go in, get the multi flas taleget that we've been telling you about with seven convenient configurations. Those little homies will make your life a whole lot easier at a couple of years of that thing, dude. Chevy Silverado modern advance with a ton of grant a partner and getting things done, especially when it comes to the heart soul of pickup truck, which I've already talked about. The bed Silverado was strong, advanced, dependable, and hard working, just like the boys you're looking at. Are listening to right now, Bustling with the boys taxt the episode. It's the beginning, So now that well, welcome to the episode. You ever hit a tating bend? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Same, I did bed for real for like, uh, you know, when the girls would hit it when it's about to be like the homecoming parade or prom or something like that.
Speaker 2: What's your homecoming? King? It fit you? If my day was doing.
Speaker 3: That, I would go with her and do it, and I put the little sticker on my waistline.
Speaker 2: Pretty that's so awesome. Yeah, little boy, bunny. Yeah, that's fucking me too. I did the same thing. No, I'm just kidding, do it, dude?
Speaker 4: That for real?
Speaker 2: When I was training for the combat with the boys, was like me is like Martin, Jack Muhort a couple of dudes, and we're all like, hey, there's the reason why black dudes looks so much more Jack than us because they're ten. Like we didn't know the tanning bed. And then for whatever reason, it became like a battle of egos of who had who could ten the best? Like, oh, man, like you boys, don't get twistled. You see this pale skin, I get tan it goes wild, he goes crazy, all of us all of a sud Yeah. Yeah, but we're all saying about how great we can get ten. So we go to this tanning place and the lady is like, hey, you should probably start like three minutes. Is are really strong? We should you should probably started three minutes and then work your way up. And then all for whatever reason, all of us are posturing and it's like, no, dude, just give us ten right away. Just give us ten right away. Skins built for my skins built for this. Yeah. Oh I'm like you hit them from from Arizona. Don't matter. You know. I fucking got in this tanning bed, dude, and no joke. I was in so much pain for the next three days, the worst sunburn in my entire life, bleach red. I peeled it off like a lizard. I literally unwound everything. I had to restart a week later. There was a point where I was in so much pain in my bed that I would have to put I put lotion on the wall and then like a bear, rode my back against the wall because I was in so much pain. My back was just killing me everywhere. And you didn't have nobody to apply that. No, I was living by myself. I was all alone. Who was coming to say? Whe was coming to save me? Bro? I remember like get up for that work out the next day, like two hours of sleep dying, bro, And it was like, it's only three days, But what a fucking miserable three days. I've ten since then. But you have a good tan.
Speaker 3: And by the way, man, ohs and ps, you get a spray tan in the winter time.
Speaker 2: No, there's no way, because you bobbed out a spray tan. Bro, your boy came out like I was real pain for one yen, the next thay, I'm just super tan and here's what's gonna happen. I would, no joke, I would legitimately think about getting a spray tan during the season. However, you sweat, the shit gets streaky. That's true. Imagine your boy out there with streaky lines in his arm. You got you verbally assault for a while. This isla the photos, Yeah, you doing that'd be hard to come back from. You can.
Speaker 3: The game's over, dude, It's good to have you, beck, I mean, this is this is this is the first one that I know.
Speaker 2: We grinded it on a couple of them last week, but no, this is uh the boys yourself, it's not funny at the clap for yourself. That hurt me. But damn, it is fucking awesome to be back. I missed each of you in your own special little ways. I'm looking at each of you in the eye right now, and it's fucking I just have like a blossoming flower going off in my head. That's how happy I am when I see each of you face while it's going Yeah he jact. Look he was making the most icon the whole time, eye contact and smiling, smoke as Yeah, he loves it, dude, he loves it. I see you got it.
Speaker 3: You got a nice fresh cut. You're looking tan from being on Canada on Lake Vibes the entire time. I love the shirt you got going on right now. You got it in Canada two x.
Speaker 2: And I do have to say, I'm glad you brought up the lakes because there's something we need to talk about. Oh man, I didn't give Lake Vibes their flowers, and I need to give them their flowers at this moment. JP. I know, but just listen. It's only on the lake on a nice little tin or a Mastercraft or a Nautique, whatever one you want to fucking go on. You get out there. People are having a great time. You take the boats, you tie them up, you have every own little redneck yacht club. People are having a great time. You get a little toast, you jump in the water, you splash around a little bit. It is a fantastic vibe, grilling, throwing on a line when you want to, just becuz you pop on the tube and you realize you're thirty real fucking fast. The kids are having an absolute blast the entire time. Your boy learned to drive a boat. And not only that I wanted how to drive a boat. There's a little at Turtle Bay in Lake Country. Shout out Turtle Bay, no free shoutouts. They have their own little dock of a little squad that hangs out there, and it's like these teenagers that that's their summer job where they dock and Phillip gas for boats, and while boats are out, they're just diving in the water playing having a good time. You could tell there's like some summer love going on in that little area. My classic movie Vibes and I go and the summer love and they're like head guy, I forget his name. His older brother went to school with tailing, so like they kind of knew each other in that way. He was like, hey, you don't need to worry about what no knowing noe know. He was like. I was like, hey, I've never driven a boat before. He was like, bro, you'n me fine, Like what you need to do is he showed me a couple of tricks. So every time I would come in, i'd, you know, try to rip it and fucking turn right into that thing and put it in all nice. And the first three times I'm be honest, I almost had a woman. I almost put that thing up on the dock, I'll be honest, But shit went well after a while your boy was parking that boat. I kind of felt like the king of the of the lake for a little bit. I was Oh, I kind of felt like I was like owning my ship. Yeah. Oh, I could get down with this life. I could live this a little bit. I could be up in the trees, look at a bear from a distance, cast the line, have a barbecue. So many bald eagles. Magical. Now, all that being said, hang on, hang on, did you go ahead? Will? Did you? Oh? Yes, boat waving bro. I went to the boat wave and I even tweeted it like I'm gonna assume it's a Canadian thing, which is weird because they're all overly nice there. Yeah. I waved at half a dozen people before it was like too embarrassing.
Speaker 3: I had to stop. They were waving back. That's interesting. And you're you're outside of you're outside of the states.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm out of the continental United States. We're out of there, you know. So I'm gonna assume I wanna go to Lake of the Ozarks with you one day. You know, hit the head Percy Priest or something like that, and I'll be waving every motherfucker out there. You know what I'm saying, m hm, But I don't. I didn't get and I still will land on the sword of boat waves just to wave homie. And you're either polite or or not when you're waving back. I wanted, I wanted to move back. Not everybody big foot either, but ye as well, boot is reel as well. Now all that being said, I'm glad. I believe I bought a couple dozens of flowers there on a hand. It to the lake itself, so it was an amazing vibe. It still doesn't touch the ocean. Boys. There's nothing better than sand between your toes, a little teeky type of bar in the corner, fresh mahi mahi for the boys, a couple of tacos, a little too much sunblock, and then the next day not enough sunblock, flip flops, longboards, bicycles, the whole kit and kaboodle. Maybe young get in the ocean, take a dive, get real, scaring it back on the boat as fast as you can, but it was worth it. When you got back in the boat, you know what I'm talking about. It is a fucking vibe. It's tropical, it's wonderful, it's sunny. Shit, it can even be cloudy. But God bless America. There is nothing better than being on that ocean, around that ocean and around those vibes. Just shout out ocean vibes.
Speaker 3: So how about you bought you bought hang on, so you bought a U. So you bought our v how's the drive back? Do we have time? Absolutely your trip home? Like should we talk about that? Should we talk about our do our shout out no free shoutouts segment? Or is this like a send off episode?
Speaker 2: Like I don't know.
Speaker 3: You go to camp obviously people are listening now it's Wednesday. Subscribe everywhere where you're watching for the most important thing you want to do. You go to camp tomorrow, Like this is the week you go to camp, but you go in the this is where you go in.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like God, I'm gonna miss the boys. I'm like, we will literally be here all year long. Said my man's texting me like he's going to Iraq tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bro. I really felt always doing that ship. I was like, man, I'm gonna miss the boy so much. I'm like, fucking I already feel it. And I was like, yo, we're literally three blocks away. Will I will, I will be here. I will be writing letters to the boys. I will be writing letters to the boys. We just built something beautiful.
Speaker 5: Boys.
Speaker 2: It has been honest. And you're gone for a month. I was gone for a month and I missed. I missed more than a year's worth of shit to do. I felt like it was incredible. So you come in, you come back, you pop on a couple of pods. Did you like the confused waiter out there? Passionate out dishes And I'm just excited to be back for the boys. And I go back to camp. So it's a bit of a deal. I'm gonna miss you, guys. I'll tell the r V story, but it's a bit of a deal. It's a fucking learney and I you.
Speaker 3: Want to go through all the details, all the details, only one way to tell a story. I'm with you. I'm with you, but I don't think you answered the first question. Maybe it's unanswered and we still got it.
Speaker 2: Am I gonna am? I gonna be gone forever? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like Aaron Hernandez are Yeah, it's just like our send off episode for Tailor one.
Speaker 2: I'm not fucking leaving. I'm staying. I'm not what. I'm not leaving. I'm not leaving. Wha what what I'm not fucking leaving leaving. I'm staying.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 2: Here's what I think is is a happy medium for the fans. I don't need to be here for the whole podcast, but get in here once a week, nice twenty minutes with the boys. Hit a shout out, no free shadow, hit it's here. Talk maybe, talk about current events, what's going on. Keep your presence sitting in the seat, make it feel warm and cozy. Don't feel like I'm too far distance away from the boys, because you know Jackie, he gets nervous if you leave alone for too long. You got to make sure he's got some people around him. Yeah. And I'd be doing jack at disservice if I didn't. If you ain't got to see me on Sundays, god forbid. Yeah, my boy be like a father recently with Jackie Boy, I know, I know, and look at him. Look how rogue he's gone. I got back the first day. Oh oh, oh, oh god. I got back the first day and he was spouting off all kinds of shit like it's his fucking this is his show. Now.
Speaker 3: I think there's a couple of things though, like, yeah, maybe spouting off, but maybe there's been a little bit of gross Like Jack's been busting his ass. He's been doing a lot of good things for the boys.
Speaker 2: There was flowers given to Jack. That must be the phrase of the day with me. When you and I were driving the other day and we literally looked at each other after Jack called me on my birthday and we sat there and we're like, Jack's looking through.
Speaker 3: A shot saying, Hey, beach vibes over Lake bibes, because he was a Lake vibes guy, and I'm doing what I can to just be away.
Speaker 2: I remember he called and said like, hey, where's will At he brought on the phone. He's like, hey, it's a beach. That wasn't the point of the conversation. That was like a side point. Yeah, he didn't just call for that, Yeah, but that was definitely a point he tried to make, right. I think, I mean, are we do we have any Lake five guys in here besides.
Speaker 3: Will No, Jack was the last one. Jack was the last soldier that was standing with me.
Speaker 7: I'd liked you in a perfect the world be able to be a lake and beach guy, but it just doesn't seem like you can in this plot.
Speaker 2: I know, let talk to the Yankees. You have to pick one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I feel like I'm easily persuaded. So like, if I go hit a really nice lake, you can, I'm fully back.
Speaker 5: Oh, but I just came from.
Speaker 7: The beach, so right now I'm like I should have worren my pukish on necklace. Like I'm riding the beach so hard right now, it's just unmatched.
Speaker 2: Oh, I agree with you on that.
Speaker 3: I think at the end of the day we forget JP and I we almost we almost threw fists in Vermont arguing about the lake and beach. Really we had some whiskey andness. We were going back and forth pretty hard. He'll do something different to you sometimes and then Jack and I we have a really good He tells me he was like, hey, I think I'm up.
Speaker 2: I was like, so you're a beach guy. Now.
Speaker 3: He's like over there doing his work or something. I like, sit down, I got my sunglasses on. I was like, talk to me, what gives And we had a really good conversation about it.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I wish there was a world where we could live in both, but unfortunately, what we've kind of done on this podcast is you got to like you got to die on a hill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is a tough life to live because I'm not a big die on the hill guy. Yeah, I know. We live in the middle. Yeah, I love to like straddle the line one foot on each side. But once there comes to with whoever says something last right, But once there seems to be like a little competition about something that like competitive nature comes out, you gotta somehow whatever in our head win. I know. Speaking of you've been taking a lot of l's on Tier Talk lately.
Speaker 3: How do you feel I don't I disagree with you, bro, Yes, very heavily. I do think I took an L on the Fast Food Talk, But obviously, like if you listen to the episode, you know, I'm like trying to pick different stuff. Remember, I really got down on myself or not picking there.
Speaker 2: George really went actually and Dairy Queen was one that I think we both miss.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But other than that, dude, I feel really good about where I stand on the Tier top lists.
Speaker 2: Well, you know how I feel about how you handle your tier talk, which we don't need to go into.
Speaker 3: There's nothing to go into. You have this facade on how I do tier talk. I think like, I don't believe you get that when you see the results when it's your talk happens and you're like, I got to come up with something to I have to. There's there's got to be a reason Will's winning other than just actually beating me.
Speaker 2: No, you're simp dude. You're like, it's not a big thing where whatever you say, brother, get out. There's no there's no.
Speaker 3: Reason for me to come at you like your platform too, if you have to have been about something.
Speaker 2: No, but there's not I know my boys about algorithms. I know my boys spends about thirteen hours of the day looking at how many numbers are popping up, how many sales are going, how the bus and stuff is going. You're learning more and more about what people like and dislike me. I'm more I don't know, I don't try as hard. I'm more like you caught it. I'm more like, uh yeah, I would say I probably you know, I know what I like and so when I put that out there, I think and I and a perfect example is the uh sports movies. I put out what I believed were, in my opinion, the best. I think you your opinion will suay to what you know the publicle life more. And that's just an opinion. And I'm not trying to come up the boy. No. You know, I think it's easy to say stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So I'm kind of doing well in the social like putting stuff out there.
Speaker 2: Murdering it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd say it's easy to say, like I look at numbers. I look at that like I'm just myself.
Speaker 2: No, listen, there's I'm not gonna take away from the fact that you're absolutely murdering the bird game. You are fucking you're him.
Speaker 3: Hey the when you post that photo that's them holding up our jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah that suf so funny. It is hilarious, dude, And you legit like you take that, you take the bird on as if it's it's your sporting event that day, like you take you take it into that's work. I put a jersey on, I put the face down on, like it's just yeah, you go, you do a full dynamic warm up and you go and play ball. Yeah yeah, no question, there's no joking. There's no joking about that. That's what you do. That's what Will Compton does. Yeah, I opened the app. I'm like, how do we get this going today? Yeah? And you do a fantastic job. Your boy does try real too hard on that. I might trying to keep up, but low key, it's not my bag the way it's your bag. Like that's fucking will component a nutshell.
Speaker 3: To disarmy right now, there's no disarmy army.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Second ago, I'm trying to think how do I weather this storm? Felt like I was trying to weather and now you're using that weathering in your fucking disarm No.
Speaker 2: I think you're fantastic. I think you're fantastic. You're so fantastic that maybe even subconsciously, that's why you're picking things that you know that Gen Pop is gonna really like the most. No, bro is there it is? That's all you needed. And I'm not trying to be mean to you. I'm just trying to tell you what the deal is. Please tell me, Please tell me.
Speaker 3: In my sports movies, I like to put my first one that I think that I chose for Gen Pop.
Speaker 2: I think knowing our demographic is very much a football demographic. You put two football movies in there, when in reality, there really only needed to be one because in my mind when I'm doing my tier talk, yeah, there's a lot of great movies out there, and everyone knows I'm a big hockey guy. Everyone knows I play football, everyone knows like i'm the sports I'm kind of about. But I didn't want to like myself in one genre of sport. I wanted to make sure I had hit a few of them boys and make sure everyone knows that's what's inspired me the most. And the number one on my charts was a boxing movie, Yeah, which is I think the number one sports movie of all time if you look at just numbers. Yeah, but that's my like but generally right is the number one thing? Yeah, But I love fucking Rocks and I don't disagree.
Speaker 3: With you that fantastic Rocky because I think everyone's gonna be on my side. I'm choosing Rocky because I live and die by that shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you, here's the deal with your with your tier talk, I think they're fantastic. We're not going to go into how three movies are in your tier one because we've already had that conversation. But like Rocky fantastic, Remember Titans, it's a great movie. And I think what you do differently than what I do and tier talk. I go with, for the most part, what's affecting me the most right now in my life. I don't go back and jump backs when I was eight, ten, twelve, fourteen years old and have that feeling of nostalgia. You like to play the fat to play into what movies, what movie fires the most? Like I think Remember the Times is a fantastic movie. It's fantastic. It's been overplayed so much. To me I'm now being thirty one years old, I think the movie's overrated because I've seen it three hundred times. So that movie for me is like I wouldn't put that in my tiar talk. I think it gets too much love. This is very interesting. You can say you watch the movie now Times because you enjoy it in the light Friday Night Lights. Isn't even as good as Remember the Titans. That's why it's the three and not two. But that's not giving away too. I don't know. Miracle is the first movie that pops in up my mind.
Speaker 3: Miracle is a great movie, Like this is your talk at the end of the day. It's not like I'm saying these are the only movies that work. These are the ones that has done it the most for me.
Speaker 2: The speeches, I know, if you look at those, if you look at all these movies, ignore Your Boy Foster and The Knight's Tale, Oh hilarious, hilarious. Your three movies have more name recognition than any other movie on here. Your three movies would be one, two, three name recognition. My movies and I want to talk about his movies. My movies would not be that Warriors. Warriors are very good movie, very good movie. It's outstanding.
Speaker 3: And Caddy Shack has made an appearance on two of those three lists.
Speaker 2: Yes, but if you talk about sports movies, and you're talking about immediately what sports movies are the best sports movies? A lot of time people are gonna go away from the comedies. They're gonna go more into the serious stuff like remember the Titans agon a Friday Night Lights, those types of things, rocky, They're gonna have more of a serious connotation about them. Now we can see and argue aboutier talk all day. Like I said, you're doing a fantastic job, and I think you're playing the right fence. I think you're doing ay, I'm gonna keep doing me.
Speaker 3: I think they're gonna keep doing That's what's getting me is you're saying that I'm playing a certain like I'm playing a fence right. But only only person that knows the truth about you is you. So why even get mad about it? Because you're trying to put me in different boxes. So I think I'll discuss that with my therapist next week. Yeah, absolutely, maybe you should unlock that away. Put away the mommy daddy issues for a little bit. There's no mommy and daddy issues. Oh it's friend issues. Oh behay, my friend keeps saying this stuff about man and they really it really triggers me.
Speaker 2: How do I not identify with this so much?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: What time we get right now? Probably so we probably hit an ad real quick. One of these great sponsors is unbelievable. It's a whistle pig, whiskey and boys, let me tell you, fucking McAfee says it, it's up to something season. With a whistle pig, it is absolutely up to something season. Sometimes I'd just like to kick back after a long week and pour myself a glass of whisky, because why not. My favorite these days is a maple old fashion. It's delicious, sweet, spicy, and just the perfect twist on a classic cocktail. How do you make yours? I like to put a little bit of bitters in there, like a little orange slice in there. I like that big giant square it off ice cube. Overall, I give that thing a four point five and you give it a dash or something else. When you put your favorite whiskey in there, which is Whistle Pig Whiskeys, you always put that one hundred perent at Rye whiskey in there. Dude. The spiciness of the Rye is the perfect cocktail mixer. And did you know that they made their own barrel age maple syrup for it too. I didn't. I really do know that, But now you know, dude, how do you give one hundred percent? Get your own bottle at Whistlepig dot com or at a local real tailor. Trust us on this one. It truly is one hundred percent of the good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and remember when I was telling you when we were out there learning about one hundred percent Rye whiskey, Why it's always such a big marketing ploy for them. Well, we learned that all you all you have to have in your whiskey is fifty one percent Rye fifty one and above the claim that you're a Rye whiskey. Like, there are a couple of brands out there, won't say their names, very incredible brands, but their Rye whiskey is like seventy something percent whistle Pig, one of the ogs in the rye game. They are one hundred percent Rye whiskey. So that is why they always advertise that there one hundred percent Rye because the majority over ninety percent is not one hundred percent right right.
Speaker 2: They're getting off on minor details, correct anything else.
Speaker 3: I think that is important for people to know as they see that. So now they can tell their friends, like, hey, what you're drinking? Probably it's not one hundred percent Righte whiskey if you're a right person, unless it's whistle Pig.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So, if you're seeing somebody that they're not drinking whistle Pig and they're like, oh, I'm a ride guy, and it's like, well are you really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you? I know? What you're drinking?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: There is probably not one hundred percent right, Let's look it up, let's google it. Yeah, you're probably fix two percent, right guy, And then you're fake and you're a fake ass motherfucker. Dude. I like that that dude. Drink whistle pig. So drink whistle pick. It's delicious, and subscribe to the boys. Now I'm having a hard time here navigating what to do next, because I can tell you about the trip it was a bit of a deal, or we can talk about Patty the Batty, who is an absolute fucking stud god, I know, and we got a shout out no free shoutouts segment, I know. So we had about it at forty five minutes ahead of us a three hour pod.
Speaker 3: I mean, it could be believed we need like the Uzama one does Zach Wilson stuff.
Speaker 2: It's outstanding sitting up there for us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, So let's.
Speaker 2: Talk about Patty the Batty. Will move on. We don't talk about the van. I'll move on from the van. Do you want the van? I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 3: What do you guys want? What do you guys think?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm more than willing to talk about It's just a bit of a story.
Speaker 3: So there's a bit of a story. Yeah, it's about a I mean, probably a fifteen minute story. If we nobody talks, it's a bit of a deal. Like if nobody says a word unless tailor go on like it's a.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of a deal. And I'm a gave sparking notes is as much as possible. But I won't really get that verrado. It really needs maybe noted. And if we feel like we need to know what a detail is, grato the world word verrabo, verrado, ravado, ravado, bravado, bravado. It's bravon, not verrado. What what did I even saying that? What mean? He's got a bravado about it, like a base. He's got a tone to it, like a vibe. We're pro vibes. We are very much pro vibes, some more than others.
Speaker 4: Too.
Speaker 2: Tell you want to catch you up a good little good vibe. Dude, go hit up an ocean, your nearest one. You probably have the best time in your entire life. It's outstanding. Dude. Lakes are good too, though, Dude lakes are good too. If you can't get to the ocean, get to your nearest lake pro water, no fucking pro water. I'll just do it, dude, because we're gonna the longer we sit here, the longer we're just gonna wonder what home. Essentially, you bought an RV for? How was it like eight grand nine thousand Canadian which I believe in turn goes to seventy three hundred usd Now, your boy, was it was? Which? It was a Chevy. Now I will before we get a knee into the story at all, dude, I'm going to give a massive shout out to the three point fifty, which is probably the most reliable engine or the household name engine of the Chevy, the GMC Chevy, whatever it is. This is a carbureted engine. Three fifty is a carbureted engine that you can get into a fuel and jested that situation. It's not what I'm going to talk about that engine itself. There was a couple of hiccups along the way, nothing had to do with the engine. Everything else had to do with other parts failing out of me. But that engine held strong for two three and seventy one miles uphill, downhill, big twists and turns fifty five mile an hour cross ones in South Dakota. That engine held up and went strong for me. And I can't thank them and Chevy enough for not only in the seventy six bringing us an amazing vehicle that everyone was gonna live to camp in, but also a vehicle they thought, Hey, in about forty four years, some little dip shit's gonna go put this out and try to go across country. I want to make sure he's going to be all right. So shout out to Chevy one more time.
Speaker 3: We should we have a moment, Yeah, moment of silence for the Chevy, greatest brand of all time.
Speaker 6: Of all time.
Speaker 2: Stu it boys. So I'm staying in Lake Country, BC. All right. The main lake there is called the Okanagan Lake. The Okanagan is home to a very mysterious creere called the Oga Pogo. And there's actually a two million dollar bounty to anyone that can find the og Pogo. Such a high bounty indeed that the Japanese, just all of them came over and put a submarine in the water just to try to find the Oga Pogo. No signs, but there are still pictures of this day. So if you're out there in Lake Country, go hunt away. My people. Yep. This is one of the deepest longest lakes in North America, not including the Great Lakes. It is a fantastic fun time. Your boy is right on the Okanagan Center. That's a road that connects it is right next to the lake and on the other side as hills and mountains and beautiful scenery. I am cruising down on a road going left and right on about a thirty five kilometers per hour, So those of you that's doing the math, that's like ten miles an hour. I should move slow as hell over there, dude, it's wild. I hit this hard right corner. I look off from the distance and I see a beam of light flash through the trees. It's about two thirty pm, and I see this gorgeous van sitting in front of me. It's shadow everywhere, and it's just highlighting this Manila with an orange streak and brown streaks around it van and this glorious thing. As I look there, I go, damn. Everybody in Canada either has a Winnebago or is saving up for a Winnebago. It's kind of like the bom MITZPAF for people in Canada. Like when you become a man. That's when you have your camper. I look at it. I'm like, hey, I got to immerse myself in this culture. I do the same thing when I was living in Arizona with the Michigan I got at a northern accent about me, came down to the South, trying to put a little south little twang in my voice. And now I'm in Canada. What can I do? How can I fit in? The most? It's by a camper. Lucky for me, this beautiful piece of machinery was force sale. I cruise up, I go up on the hill. I go into the guy's driveway. I knocking, and the man's name is John. I say how much for the van? He goes It's nine thousand dollars. I said, in my head, what a sucker. I go through. This thing is an absolute time capsule seventy six And you think shag carpet, You think of the green and brown and oranges in the interior. It is everything and more you would think talking about flour wallpaper. It is just an absolute beauty of a time cap So you walk in there and you say, my grandma's probably my grandparent's probably fucked in something like this, and that gives you a warm, little fuzzy feeling in your heart, doesn't it. I look at the man, I shake you sand I said, I'll see you back there tomorrow. Now there's a whole nother story about how my wife tried to trick me and making me think it got sold when they did a horrible job selling it. I ended up catching her on it. Long story short of nine thousand dollars dat even trying to heckle the man down. I bought the van eighty one thousand miles. That thing is and you used to play on well two. It's encido. It's probably made to kidid. It's probably a kilometers can. It didn't go to kilometers until nineteen eighty three, ladies, gentlemen. So this van is at eighty one thousand miles per hour. I cruise on down to k Town. That's what I call it. Ktown is Colonna. It's about two hundred thousand people. It's got good vibes. It's got a nice little hippie vibe about it. There's also a bunch of skids running around there, skater kids, a lot of lake vibes. People are just having a good fucking time out there. It is an absolute blessed thing. The boys. Would you enjoy going out to the bars and have a nice little pee of pit over there or something like that, the little Cactus Club lettuce wraps, which absolutely well you dude, Well, I was like you. So I go. I bring this down to this dude named Chrissy's working at a Napa auto shop. I say, Chrissy, I need you to help me out, Buddy, I need to get this engine all dialed in because I'm driving at twy three hundred and seventy one miles. He says, I don't got nobody open for about two months. Sorry, bud. Guess what, dude, Your boy doesn't give up on No. Your boy just takes nose and maybe and we keep on trudging forward. Fast forward fifteen minutes later, Christy's shaking my hand, saying, hey, how can I help you? He tells me he'll take the van. He'll make sure everything is dialed in. New sparkplugs, new bands, oil change, the complete tune up. You need new tires. It's on a duley, which means there's six tires. So we're gonna throw six tires on that boy for you. Now, the next thing going in my head is it's nice out here. There's don't have a lot of diversity in this weather. What is Taylor need to do next? That is get an AC unit put in his van. I take the van, I got the windows rolled down, I got the little on the old school boys do. They have like a little triangle, like an obtuse angle. You turn them so it gives you a nice little event right in the cross region. I put that boy a Highway ninety three and I cruised back up to Lake Country from k Town, that's about twenty five minutes away. There's a place called Voyager. I go into Voyager. They give me the same old song and dance. Hey, but we can't do this for you. We're booked out into August. We're booked out into this and that your boy doesn't take no is no. He takes that as a hard maybe. We start talking, wheeling and dealing. About fifteen minutes later, they say to me, what can we do for you, bud. They end up putting a ninety three hundred BTU AC unit into my vent. Now, those ninety three hundred, those of you who are like big AC buffs, I know the eleven thousand is a big one. In the thirteen thousand is a big one. In the ninety three hundred is more of a unique, low profile type of deal. Your boy, Hey, when you're bakers, you can't be choosers. I'm a cake eater myself, but I couldn't in this situation. So these cats get me. The third ninety three hundred costs a little extra because it's a more of a unique style. They're throwing a Cummings generator in the back by the way, shout out Cummings. Absolutely unbelievable. I know it's a product, so fuck you. Put coming. They did a great job on their diesel engines. They also do a great job with the generator. That thing kept me going for a while. I bring it all back. We get this thing done. Your boy is leaving on a Sunday. I think, you know what, If I can do this thirty five hour drive, which is driving straight by the way, no stops or nothing, I can do that in forty eight hours, I'll be happy. I don't know if it was gone. I don't know if it was a voice over my shoulder. Maybe it was my wife repeatably saying hey, Taylor, you're probably not gonna make it in forty eight hours. I decide to myself, I'll leave Saturday, give it a buffer so I know I can work out a little bit. My chef, my friend Jason Russell, says to me, I'm never travel across country. I'd love to do that with you, Bud, I said, but come on, I'm gonna need somebody. Your boy. Look, you gets scared of the dark anyway, So I mean, if I'm sleeping night, I'm be nervous. Jason jumps on with me. We got a whole plan. Things are not about to go the way I wish they went. We get on the road. Now, those of you who are don't know anything about the northwest of the United States, and I guess the South Way of Canada very treacherous. You're going up hills and inclines that no one has ever seen. It's ridiculous. You got big grades, semi trucks are gearing down and doing all their fourteen gears bullshit they do. I'm on the road. I'm going up towards Big Sky, Big Snope. That's in Montana. What is this place called. It's a ski resort just outside of Katown. About twenty five minutes, I go and I hit the road, and I'm going through Rutland, which is my personal favorite part of all of Ktown. I get on the road, I'm going up in incline. The speed limit is about one hundred and twenty kilometers an hour, which, for those of you wondering, sixty miles an hour. I am hitting this incline at barely thirty five miles an hour. Barely, dude, and I'm fucking given her. After about ten miles of doing that, we finally plateau level off and head our way down. Takes me about three hours. It gets the border. For anyone who is driving a normal vehicle, it takes me about two. It takes them about two hours to get there. I run a stop sign going into the border. Now, this gentleman, his last name was hil or something like that, very very short individual. He had the nice little coldest that going on, had a strong lisp on him, had a real strong list. We almost couldn't take him serious at first, but he tells me flow down, flow down right now, gives me the big stop side. He starts thinking, I'm I think this man is going to be an asshole to me, I'm at the border. He we start playing the game, like who are you? How do I get to know you? And your boy? I wikipedia, you know, I I put it on the man tell them, hey, listen, what do you what do you know? Didn't He goes, what are you doing in the States? I go, I'm going back to Tennessee? Is what are you doing TENNESSEEO? I played professional football. I played professional football. He's like, no way, that's so thick, and so we I get out of the van. I turned the van off. He walks around the corner and gets in the camp or. He's like, do you mind if I look around? I know those of you who deal with the place on a regular basis. Ghost Taylor, you know you're right, So don't let him look around. Boy ain't got nothing to hide, Homie. Jump on in there, Bubby, if you want to join the road too with us, we could always use somebody to ride three. So he gets in there. He's looking through, but at this point he's more excited about the fact that I play professional football. So we're going to talk about that for fifteen to twenty. Your boy goes to start his van. Whoops, the daisies, the van doesn't fucking start. He comes and he's but this guy's also a mechanic. That should have been right then and there the moment where I said, probably should head back to Laketown or Ka Town and call it a day. Not me. I thought, just as minor bumping the road, let's keep her going. So I finally get the vehicle started. I'm heading towards Spokane, Washington. I'm going where you know, Spokane, Washington, right into that small sliver of Idaho, and then I could go down through Montana into Bozeman and then the Billings and then so on and so forth. We'll get there as we go. As I'm going up towards Spoken, I hit a ten mile eight percent grade, which is not very much at all. Semi trucks are absolutely whisping by me like it's nothing. I'm getting win vortexted into the corner, wondering am I gonna even fucking make it out of this bud. All the sudden, Vanessa decides that she no longer wants to run for a little bit. She's gonna take a nice five to ten. So I start puttering, and the peak of the mountain I can literally see where it plateaus is tenth of a mile away. Because now we're back in the states that can stop using kilometers. I get off on the rail guard and me and me and Jason start making lunch. Me as and Jason starts making lunch. As absolutely beautiful outside it's the scenery is incredible, and I'm thinking she's just overheated. She'll be fine. Everything is good. Thirty minutes goes by, forty minutes goes by, so on, so you're like, holy fuck, dude, this is a long time. It's gonna work. Finally, Crankett, she goes. I rip it down. We get through Spokane without an issue in the world. We keep going through Idaho. Your boy drives all the way to Bozeman, Montana. By four am. I'm feeling good about what's going on. I know the treacherous roads are slowly going away at this point. Back. If you get past Billins, you're really starting to hit that plane's territory. So in my mind, those boys are home free. I'm in Bozeman, I've seen Yellowstone. I want to have a good time. Meet and Jason take a walk. We start We in the morning, get about three hours of sleep, decide to go to a motel, pay about one hundred and fifty dollars for a room just to get a nice little shower, and later finding out for those of you who are doing cross country drives, if you had a pilot's or a or a Loves gas station, you can literally like grab a ticket that says like you can take a shower. So there's one hundred and fifty bones out the window. I think Vanessa is doing an absolute nod. Yeah, fantastic job driving that it loves for real, dem a loves guy. Vanessa is doing a fantastic job driving through the town. People are giving the eye like, holy shit, what a fine piece of machinery. I started to get on the road. There's now there is a town between Bozeman and Billings called Big Timber Occupations, probably seventeen people. We are driving. All of a sudden we start in the hill. Woo, she's not giving us any love at all. So I pull over to the side. There's one house looks like within ten miles and it's terrifying a trespassers will be shot blah blah blah, and don't know soliciting all this stuff. So the idea of going and knocking on this guy's door and asking for some sugar is probably out of the question. At this point, I think it's overheated, not a car guy. We all looking down the barrel of a gun, knowing at this point it's probably the gas pump. I didn't know that at the time, Now I do. It's not going. It's not going. Finally she turns back on. We start cruising. We get to Bay Timber. Big Timber is about three gas stations in a taxi taxa Germany store. I would have been more excited, except if the Taxidermy store was closed because it was a Sunday. I'm at the gas station. There is a shady, shady massage parlor right in the corner, and then on the other side there's like a gift shop that sells a bunch of like iron forge stuff, which I thought about buying. We are broken down at this pump. At this point, Vanessa wants nothing to do with the drive anymore. She's tapped out, she's done. I'm angry as all get out because I'm like, is this really hell? The rest of my day's gonna go? In my opinion, I'm getting to Rapid City, South Dakota before the end of the night. That wasn't happening three four five hours ago. By as we're hanging out, cars keep going and going, coming and going. However, there's a bunch of motorcycles still sticking around. Then these dudes start coming out with vests that say Bad Sevens on the back. Now these dudes that have Bad Sevens. I'm walking the gas station. I'm getting my funians, my funions, and some bean dip, trying to make it through the entire day. These boys are staring me down like either I'm a hot piece of ass or I might be a threat to their gang. Either way, your boys getting fucked one way or another. I'm very nervous right now over your seventy seven Jerny. Nope, did not show them nothing like dude. They pull up. I'm sitting at this gas pump and the Bad Sevens ride up their motorcycles around the van and I'm sitting in the van. We won't start, and they're just staring at me, and I don't know what to do. So I did what any good Christian would. I put my hands on that steering wheel and at his face forward, act like they were not there. For about five to seven minutes, no joke, five to fucking seven minutes, which is a long time, and they finally they laughed and drove away. I am like, probably should get the fuck out of here, dude. Now, with a carbureted engine, when you need to help start it, there's a spray you can use. You put it into the air filter. When you do that, it helps the ignition start getting the gasoline to the carburetor into the engine, which helps everything move. So I finally, for whatever reason, see this it says help start. So I grab it. I spray in the air filter. Bang, bang, boys, we are out of there. I'm about thirty seven minutes from Billings, Montana. It is about four o'clock in the afternoon. I thought at this point i'd be way past Montana into Wyoming and maybe through a little bit of South Dakota. It's obviously not the case. We start driving again. In my mind, we're good because it's just it's just a heating thing. Once we level out, there'll be no problem. But now Vaness says, having an issue of on straightaway, she's given the thing, and now like, what the fuck are we doing? Vanessa? I'm starting to get mad at her. I'm trying to yell at the vehicle, which she should never do, right, because they're trying their best. I pull over to a restop fifteen miles outside of Billin's, Montana, and I've quit. The game's over for me. I turn on the Jenny, I have the AC pumping. I'm in the top little part where my little bed is. I'm tucked in tarp off, just some underwear on, and was looking at my phone wondering what the hell have I gotten myself into? How am I gonna get out of here? Ten minutes go by, nothing the I got the engine up, the like the little hood from the engine is up. It's sitting there. Fifteen minutes goes by, twenty minutes goes by. Mike, I might as well take a nap and then we'll figure out a way to get the billains and we'll fly home tomorrow. All of a sudden, there's a knock on the out exterior of the van. We're at a rest stop, and but fuck nowhere. I'm thinking to myself, the bad Stevens have finally caught up to me. Your boys going down, and I'm yelling timber so I get out of my little crow's nest. Dude, I go through, I open up, I open up the door. I cruised around the corner and there's this unsuspecting gentleman with a he's got a little bit of a will Compton pre pre veneer teeth thing going on. He's got a little bit of weather to his face. But you can see that the man's been there, he's been doing it. And he goes, what seems to be the problem, and I go, well, you know all the things I've already told all of you. Find people. As I've been talking, he does this when I'm going uphill, and if I forget over fifty five miles an hour, it starts bogging on me. And as I'm starting to tell him all these things, he goes, oh, and it does this, and it does that, blah blah blah. So I'm thinking, yeah, this guy knows exactly what he's talking about. I'm like, how do you know? He goes, oh, I love it Alaska for two years with the same exact van. I know the issues you run into. So I'm the same exact van. My god, I'm gonna help you. I'm ready to pack it in. This man. Keith pulls out a it's like a Chevy Vault or something like that. Dude opens the back and starts pulling out tool machines like it's fucking like clowns coming out of a little car in a circus. He has all these tools, all these things he's but the caveat to this whole thing is he's making me take off and move all the stuff so I can learn. In my head, I'm like, just give me the damn fish. You don't even teach me how to fish right now. I just need to get the shit done so I can get home. He has me taking this little small part off. It's the gas filter. I pull that, he says. If that's hard to blow in too, then it's the gas it's the gas filter. If not, you probably have a gas pump issue or even more issues. After that. I end up getting this thing off. Takes me way longer than anybody would ever expect to take gas filter off. I get it off. I blow into it, clear as the whistle, not a problem in the entire world. So the guy goes, well, it's probably your gas pump. You go into town. Everything's closed right now in the morning. You shouldn't have an issue, and the only way to find out if it's really the gas pump is just drive thirty miles an hour on the highway, or drive thirty miles an hour for fifteen minutes, and if you have any issues with the engine, then it's not the gas pump but something more intense. But if it nothing happens that wear and tear, it'll be totally. Then it's like saying, all things are pointed towards the gas pump. I had this dude named Keith. He's literally a godsend. Shout out Keith along the way of this whole thing. Unbelievable gentleman, literally out of nowhere, I go, why did you spare my entire life for this? Yeah? I go, why'd you stop for us? He goes, Oh, I gotta be in Chyenne by tonight. But I was just driving past and I saw you guys. So I got off the highway with the last exit and drove back this way. Now I thought, I just help out real quick. Oh my god, mess, what a fucking g So that's the MVP of the trip. Oh just wait, buddy, just fucking wait, because we're not done yet. We finally get the villains we go thirty miles an hour on the highway getting win vortext by every single semi truck there possibly can be beca This is a big busy dayline for semi trucks on Sunday. Apparently they don't go to church. I get the villains. We know it's now the gas pump. I sent out a hail Mary text that all of you saw, like, hey, if anybody's in villains could help me out, blah blah blah. The amount of numbers that came in dms to give love to the boy was unbelievable. You people were unreal. What do you mean to people? You people were unbelievable. Sending those dms helped me out. This gentleman, his name is His name is David. David said, Hey, I'm working at a Chevy dealership. We can definitely help you out tomorrow. We open at seven am, I said, but I'll see you then. Stop at b Dove w give myself some parmesan garlic wings because your boy's feeling little defeated and we need to eat our feelings around here. Go over to this RV village which just screamed assault. It was a terrifying place. I'm six to seven, three hundred and ten pounds, and I thought someone's gonna try to take me tonight. That's how bad it is. In these little RV spots, I plug in, I get about six hours of sleep, which is the most I'll get the rest of this trip, and go see my man. Go to the Chevy dealership. The boys are fucking hyped, and I'm there. I send out a little tweet. Hey, if anybody wants to come and say, what's up, well, I'm here, You're more than welcome to him at this place. Blah blah blah. Dude start flocking in. The cops start coming to see me. This dude looking like a cop, cops cop dude. He's got a fucking hard fade, that big little fucking wisp over the side sleeve tattoo, and at chew. I talked to my man for fifteen minutes, plussed and spit once. The guy's a fucking stun so he's talking to me. He's a big guy. He's a big bust with the boys guy. Now, another gentleman came to see me as well. He's got red hair and a red beard. I cannot remember his name for the life of me. But he was so incredibly nice. He brought Star Patch Kid watermelons, which not just the bag, but like a family sized fucking bag of this. He also brought me sour Skittles, which you knew. He said, I know it's your Tier two, but I got it for you. Brings me a loaf of cinnamon bread and he's like, hey, any time here in Montana. This is the shit, Like you need to try this stuff. Unreal, and brings me a bottle of Montana Montana whiskey Legend and I'm like, dude, thank you so much. This is unreal. He leaves forty five minutes later, comes back and he goes, hey, man, I was superstar start before, but I'm calm now. I'm like, all right, cool guys, I brought you something else. And he gives me a fucking Montana belt buckle that is so fucking It's just it was just super dope of him to do, and he gave it to us for the ride. It was. It was unreal. Now back to the vehicle, they figure out real close my man Stu is the general ports manager there. He's been working there for about twenty three years. Stu is a fucking stud. He looks like exactly like you think he would look, but he is a fucking stud. He rolls that vehicle around back. He starts ripping and going and getting all these things done. He goes, yeah, it's the gas pump. No problem, we'll order one right now. They order the gas pump. They someone goes to the auto shop, grabs it, brings it back, brown gas pump, No beggy, just another thirty minutes off my drive. I'll be all right. These boys will help me out big time. They go you get the auto part, they grab it. They come back still and it's the same one. It's wrong. They didn't do it right. So I tell my boy, Davy David Point I believe his name is he. Uh, I'm gonna hey, just give me the thing. I'll go pick it up. They holped me up with a nice Chevy Silverado. Your boys in the vehicle felt great to be able to drive over fifty The crews over there, get there, get the part, come back. They slapped that baby on there like you'll be out of here in fifteen minutes. But no problem. They turn the vehicle on. Now the vehicle doesn't even want to turn on. We got issue squad. So here's the deal. For those who don't know. Carbureted engines. The gas pump pumps gas into the carburetor, which allows all the pistons and shit to work. Okay, okay, So when the carburetor isn't working and the gas pump is, it won't even turn on. So what they told me was is you need to redo the entire car. Either get apart for tomorrow, a carburetor tomorrow and put it in, or they can rebuild the entire carburetor. They rebuild the entire carburetor in a day. It takes me, it takes them untill six pm at night. I go, I get a hotel, I crank myself and off a nice little workout, get about a two hour nap. I did. Let's go when you're stressed, maybe do yeah, do yeah. Yeah. Now this story gets interesting. So the boys, the boys finally hook it up. Dude, six pm gets done and uh, I'm out of there. At six thirty twenty minutes down the road, the same fucking shit in the van starts happening again. Dude, I am fucking living. I called David. He's got my personal line at this point, call him. He called Stu, Stu Goo's hey, carburet engine, ninety degrees, it's gonna happen like that. Just keep on fucking going, which is music to my ears. Run until she's dead, boys, that's what you gotta fucking do. And a carbureted engine. I start going. Sure enough, the weather breaks under ninety and it's smooth fucking sailing until your boy gets to South Dakota. I'm in the reservation. It is, by the way. We need to do a a I'm not gonna get into my details, but the reservation. We need to start being a little bit nicer. We need to start helping stuff out because it's a fucking not a good look for us as Americans. Yeah, you know, it's just not a good deal. There is in South Dakota, not a whole lot. But what there is is a whole lot of wind. So as I'm driving, there is fifty five mile an hour crosswinds and no one on the road. I turn off the lights at one point on a straight away just to see how dark it was. You can't see a fucking thing. There is nothing out there. I stop off. I have a video I'll give to you guys that you guys can put up it is. The wind is insane. I am on the vehicle. I'm straddling the white line and getting pushed left to right and fifty five winds on a two lane highway. So I'm taking all of this road. There's no cars anywhere to be found, semi structure parked over on the side because it's two windy. We're top heavy as well, but we're not near as heavy, which is a huge issue. End of stopping at this place called Mara, South Dakota, behind this shitty little area, it was gone awful and uh guy, about two hours of sleep from there. Get back on the road. We're cruising and bruising. Dude. I stop in Nebraska. I think from this point forward we're fucking good. I'm in the show me state. Let's fucking do this, dude. I go through Omaha, I go at about twenty miles in starts balgging to me a little bit. I decided this point I'm not going no, not going below a half a tank. That's not gonna happen here on now. I stop at this place that are cool down because it's the dead defeat's about ninety seven degrees outside. People and people in Nebraska are nice as can be. Get myself some little barbecue at a gas station ship my bance about twenty minutes later. That's okay, I ate the food. Did you say go big Red? If someone would have said it to me, I would have set it back out of just being nice, right, So these people, Wow, I'm fucking running out of words here. I fucking we get back to the gas pump. We checked the oil everything, and now it's like a cloud, not an actual c but there's like a cloud in the area. And this fucking Charlotte's Web looking, fucking emo thicker, pale witch looking girl. It's kind of like circling the van Bootober. She's just from me to JP, which is ten feet as I'm in the van by myself, staring at me, smiling, winking, doing all the cliches. Come fuck me, yes, all the cliches. I'm like, Yo, what is this chick doing. She waddles over to the side of the vehicle and asks me if I have a lighter. I said, no, man, don't have a lighter. Sorry, mind. I'm like, what are you smoking near in a gas station? Anyway? Responsible adult, There's no way I'm gonna do that. She gets a lighter from the other dudes that are right next to hers. She walks away. She's about two pumps down, but she keeps turning and giving the boy oh am I and I'm like, deer guy, I thought on the road for a minute, you're you know, hey, I'm a trucker. Now that's my lot listener. She I'm thinking I might have to because if not, she'll put a spell on me. That's kind of what I'm feeling. It looks everything like a witch. Dude. I called her the black Widow because she'll probably eat you after she's done. Fucking ye. So we checked the oil. As I'm checking the oil, she kind of creeps up behind Jason. I can see her in my burphal vision. She's just sitting there as if she was checking the oil with us the entire time. I get back in the vehicle and she walks up. She goes, can you guys give me a ride? Dude, I'm six seven, I'm three hundred and ten pounds of tatoos over my body. And Jason's got a bald head and a little bit of chin hair. He looks like, you know, probably wears pillow cases. Over his head and times. You're gonna ask for a ride from these two dudes. You're gonna, right, you're gonna ask for a ride from us. But what do you think like? You're just asking for where are your parents? Young lady? I tell her, no, I got to pick up my wife, and she goes, why I gotta pick up my kids from Sunday school.
Speaker 3: Totally flip my script on everything, so she when to leave the door open, So you want to change up? No, my wife, my kids, I gotta pick them my kids.
Speaker 2: Bro, She fucking rolls her eyes at me and turns and walks away. I couldn't get Instead of warming up the van at all, I fucking turned that bitch on and we ripped out of there. Dude, ten hours and fifty two minutes later, your boys laying his head down in Nashville, Tennessee, three and seventy one miles. It was an absolute fucking deal going through all of that. It was too much. Probably won't ever do it again, but fuck I love that van. And that's the story. Thanks you suck.
Speaker 3: A couple of boys was about twenty five I think that was twenty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, dude, that was too much gift the gab. You're great storyteller. Were you went there? Were you interested the whole time?
Speaker 3: But yeah, because that was the second time I've heard it, so there's it comes as like it's been it's been a longer day, so I was getting a little like sleepy.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're a very good storyteller. Thanks, fue No.
Speaker 3: I didn't mean that like a backhanded compliment. I'm just saying like I was in it the whole time, and I looked around at the boys and the boys. You hear him laughing about the entire store, Peter for the most most part working. You just knew he was about to have the floor and this is gonna be like that could be a movie, literally the entire time, Like I'm picturing stuff in my head. You paint, you painted a phenomenal picture, animated, right, I thought I was thinking that too, Like uh, I like spitting chicklets will animate their stories. They could easily the way you're painting some of that picture, just a fucking hue of the shadows behind the van with the orange stripe and everything else.
Speaker 2: What'd you say, Manila with.
Speaker 3: The flower wallpaper and the carpet like green brown and whatever you said, grandparents, fucking like, you can literally you can put yourself in this.
Speaker 2: Vase in the first three minutes you can.
Speaker 3: You can literally smell what that van smells like without and I still haven't been in it, Old Grandpa.
Speaker 7: I'd like to think that the was it the dirty sevens, the old the bad sevens. I like to think that what they were trying to do by circling around you as they're all like spit on, like what the issue was for the van, and if you had jumped out, it would have fixed it in like three minutes, but instead he.
Speaker 3: Just said to like this, So they just laughed, and I'm like, okay, I think this guy's will freak it out, like hey.
Speaker 5: Like no, you needed this bart and whatever. They just ride off and they're not like there was help this guy.
Speaker 2: They start walking.
Speaker 3: He just takes off, going no, get out of here and get out there, like hey, we got it.
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, all right, d it was a crazy ride. It was a crazy ride. It was It was so much fun. Keith, shout out, Keith. There's a hero that shows up in every story in every movie. Keith was that guy. Like every hero starts to doubt, like, all right, let's pack it in, let's give up. They all want to they all want to stop, right, Yeah, but there's always somebody, some mentor that comes in the middle of the story that sparks that new flame. And then incredible, Bro. It was Keith, Incredible dude, crazy amount of fans and billings. I was getting like dms from like local billings news channelshen nominal Bro.
Speaker 3: So when you put that sweet out, I was like, I'm gonna retweet it. Who knows how many people's actually out where he's at. I had friends where somebody can help the boy, Like.
Speaker 2: Bro, there was so many dudes, and it was like my dams were I think after an hour, like there was like two hundred and I was just going through and I saw one of that said Chevy, and I was like, this most reliable shit you can ask for, it is. I got a picture outside the Chevy like of everybody, like the sales team and uh the mechanics in the van and the big Chevy sign in the back. Dude's oh bro, it was bitching and the dudes. Uh, the sales team they had this this uh thicker hula girl a little bobbling hula girl and they gave me as a present the drive and she had a little sharpie black and ye yeah, it was a little parting gift, dude, So fucking when was it? Danny men Holt, Danny Something, Danny Menholt Chevrolet and Billions Montana. If I ever go to Billions again, which the answer is probably not, But if I ever am, I'm gonna stop buy and say, what's up to the boys. They were unreal.
Speaker 3: It's fair to say these Tier ones and Tier two's created and welcome some new.
Speaker 2: Fans of the podcast. Probably yes.
Speaker 3: What I'm picking is if they had to build a carburetor and everything else, Like your van was there all day and there's probably a lot of other people locally that got their vehicle pushed back on the back burner because everybody was all at one point, every single mechanic was circling around my van.
Speaker 2: There no other vehicles getting worked on. When I first pulled up, I was like, like, you's sound like a fucking NASCAR pit stop in that thing. Dude, Guys working rolling doling. Everybody's wiping their hands every chance they can get there, getting after it. Yeah, and then like thirty minutes into my van being there. They were all about it, dude. I had my helmet with me, fucking letting dudes try it on and stuff like that. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, letting the boys be a part of it. There. Oh he's not just a football us to get this podcast too, yeah.
Speaker 3: Go.
Speaker 2: And the crazy thing is the dude that helped me out, Davy, he wasn't even really a fan of the pod or the Titans. He was a Vikings fan. He's like, I don't even know, but the pad is I'll check it out. His boy, who's a Colts fan, hit him up and was like, Yo, this dude, blah blah blah, bust with the boys Titans player. He needs help. And that's how it word of mouth, A Koby fan, arrival fan that being for the boys.
Speaker 3: That right there is an example of what being for the boys is out. We can refer teams in the season. Yeah, but outside of the gay, outside of those white lines, dude, you're for the.
Speaker 2: Boys all time. Ship was all time, dude. That was a great story. I appreciate that. I was wondering if I was losing you guys at all. Did you ever feel like you were at one point I was like, I just.
Speaker 3: Need to trudge do this a little bit. You gotta stuck. You were you were, We were in Ktown for a while. I was like, oh, and when we're gonna get on the road. It's like, we're gonna hit the road here, bro.
Speaker 2: Just just that being that van ready for the ride was a fucking story in its own It was ridiculous. But I love that thing. And you know what, right now, if I went in my backyard I turned that thing on, it would start up, no problem. Vanessa is all time. Welcome to the family, Vanessa. I can't tell you that when you pull into my house, though, you'll see it right away. That's awesome. Yeah, yeah, it's in the driveway.
Speaker 3: Do we hit our favorite segment, our favorite segment of the week, Yes, now you're to I feel like it's just a hits a little bit different.
Speaker 2: So do we let Jack do it and see if you can perform right now? Like intro this segment, you want to it up to you you're back. Yeah, and you did. But you did a pretty good job. I was kind of proud of you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that, you know you I learned from the best.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of words into but sometimes you don't slow down for nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to our favorite segment of the week. Shut up the week and now finally checking off the demographic box we got blost Hernandez. Don't let yourself get stuttered out, buddy, You're gonna be just fine. We'll look away while he's talking. Don't make eye contact with him. I know you're gonna send us in the atmosphere. Let's have a hell of a shout out of the week.
Speaker 4: All right, so my shout out this week. Have you ever been late trying to get somewhere? I'm sure you guys live right. So I was running late today to an appointment, and I was worried that I wasn't gonna make it on time.
Speaker 2: So I was driving down there, and I know.
Speaker 4: That there's a lot of red lights leading up to this this clinic that I gotta get to.
Speaker 2: I show up to the first red light.
Speaker 4: This is going It looks like it's gonna stay red, but I start to slow down and then it turns green, and I'm like, oh, let's go, oh, let's go get get to the next one.
Speaker 2: Same thing happens hits green.
Speaker 4: I end up hitting green all the way and make it with five minutes to spare, So my minutes to spare with five minutes to spare.
Speaker 2: You and you told fucking the iPhone maps to fuck itself too, because you put it in there and it says three four minutes, you're gonna be three four minutes late, and you prove it wrong, which doesn't happen very often. The game. It's a fucking game. It really is one. An outstanding start to shut up of the week. Next up our boy, the mill hunk, Jackie boy, let's see her baby? What you got?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: So I kind of play over the weekend? Yeah, did its your deal?
Speaker 5: We really did run into some interesting characters tarking that.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 5: But but no, it was pretty normal weekend. But I hit it on it earlier and I also tweeted about it.
Speaker 7: But my shout out, no free shout of the week goes to one of the most elite lunch meals on this planet, and that is the white bread and turkey and cheese sandwich on the beach. It is something special about being out there in the sand for like three four hours, A couple of beers, a couple of cocktails, you hop in the ocean, you get back out your little you know, feeling a little hungry now, and then.
Speaker 5: You go, oh shit, that cooler.
Speaker 7: You open it up, and we also have a couple of surprises for both of y'all. Shout out to YETI they sent us some pretty badass coolers for you guys, really, and they're here.
Speaker 5: At the shop today. So after this I'll show you guys.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, here's the deal with Yetti. Also, I try to do a little deal with them my first couple of years in the league, but they didn't. They said no because of my character issues. So it looks like we're going full cool only Yetti boys let them go. Yeah.
Speaker 7: So, but yeah, there's really nothing like that elite. It's gotta be a white bread sandwich.
Speaker 2: What Wonderbread. Yes, that's exactly who.
Speaker 7: I was, wonder Bread, and it was so perfect. Throw a couple of chips on there is twush it down.
Speaker 2: That chip is a sleeper too. That could have been its own.
Speaker 7: Shout out honestly, but yeah, that that is my shout out know for shut of the week is that elite ocean side white bread turkey and cheese sandwich with them doritas on top.
Speaker 2: Holy's very good. I agree, fucking outstanding. I'm still a little hung up on this yetty thing because the way they treated me the first couple years. Would absolutely love if they sponsored the pod though, right Donald Trump has I would love if they would have sponsored the pods. Yeah, there's a lot of coolant over there, a lot of coolant. Next up is the man who's wearing a shirt that I don't necessarily agree with, but for the most part, when my man is on the mic, he does a fantastic job off the ladies and gentlemen, mister JP, you sir, Oh, my shout out, no free shout out.
Speaker 1: I'm notorious for leaving my headphones whenever I go travel, and it Sucksmen. You just sit there in silence. There's a baby crying, and you just there's no escaping.
Speaker 2: Probably rue, but every.
Speaker 1: Now and then there is that one person when you sit down and they're just like the best person to sit by there entertaining, They're giving you good conversation. You might have even have a little deep conversation with them. So my shout out, no free shout out, goes to those good people on the plane who can keep you company.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't have headphones.
Speaker 3: That's two hours, stranger, dude, dude, balance right, there is the majority of time you don't want to be in conversation.
Speaker 2: I want to be in the conversation. But that's a very specific feeling. Well yeah, my who I'm thinking of.
Speaker 1: It was this like nineteen year old that went to Lipscomb and then his little eleven year old cousin Vietnamese descent American red or American raised.
Speaker 2: The little cousin eleven years old American. Bresden's a little racist, doesn't it. Lit Vo, Little Vo he's a rapper.
Speaker 1: Oh no, shit, eleven years old would show me all of this stuff.
Speaker 2: It was so funny, dude, that's fucking all time. I had a situation like that from Chicago to Nashville, and we were flying back from Michigan actually, and the dude and I talked for I don't know a few hours or however long the flight was. He was awesome. I had a great time. Walked away from that experience all smiles. I absolutely love it, dude, I fucking love it. Next up on the list is the merchman himself, that dude that comes in with that hot hot heat. Do not forget to go to was it barstool slash store.
Speaker 3: Store dot, barstool sports dot com, Door slash city again, door dot, barstool sports dot com.
Speaker 2: Forward boy, And if you look at some shit that was probably out I don't know, let's say all of twenty twenty two, and you go, this shit fucking hints this hat will be out there eventually. There's a couple of new branding shirts we got out there. That is all our man. Who's up next, mister Garrett himself. Let's hear it, baby?
Speaker 8: All right, my shout out is gonna be to an experience that Jack and I had this weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm going to shout out this kid at the beach is Her name is Sarah, and we pig roasted her.
Speaker 8: His name is Hans Simmons. What nickname hands Simmons with a Z. We were throwing the football on the beach. He's probably he's twelve years old. Kid was an absolute freak. Put our boys on skates. I was playing QB, so I didn't get embarrassed. Uh, but he most our friend Bobby and we took off down the beach, got up, got hype and he comes over and shows me his Instagram, So follow hand Simmons on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Out for us real quick h A N d Z Simmons s I M M O N S. Going to the league.
Speaker 5: A serious stadium on.
Speaker 2: Saturday, Oh for real? Oh yeah, you try to sell him on Alabama and uh kind of Sea boys. We we did a little high school recruiting first. Where's he going? I don't know, he's transferrept the lips coming that what you're saying, No, we didn't.
Speaker 8: One of our boys, yeah, Rob, one of our boys coaches at c p A.
Speaker 2: Oh no way like that. He was like that, holy shit, how did you get hopped?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: How are you grown? Us men? Hanging out the twelve year old? What's up with that? Work next to us? And you know you're in the water, you're drinking and you're like, oh, don't meet the ball. Yeah yeah yeah, but the kid ended up showing off himself.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, now how was your arm? It was money was underthrown, he went up and got it, came back. It was it was nice. You cover him.
Speaker 3: Oh all day, all day, every day on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: So he he's like smoking our friends and his dad's like his nickname is actually hands and our friends like this kid's actually a freak. Comes over and shows me his Instagram. He's got like four thousand followers. All his whole feed is just highlights seven on seven. It's just cooking kids, four thousand shouts to hands, to hands, to hands.
Speaker 2: Having those hands as well. Oh yeah, fuck, dude, that was a decent one. Not usually get a just a stranded individual in Florida. Love. Have you guys been Florida? Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Fuck pretty all time? Stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's yeah, we just we might have put him on right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah for real. Hey, you're welcome your first scholarship offers. You're welcome. Yeah, I'm a free and il deal. I'll probably get an offer from Nebraska and Michigan right now. There we go. There, it was right there. Next up is the best man on the bird. Will comme do and see what you got, baby, tell them what the people all want to hear.
Speaker 3: All right, So my shout out, a free shout out sandwiches going to go to So you're on your way to the airport, you know you're cutting it a little close, like always, you get there, I personally get there probably in between fifty minutes to sixty minutes before takeoff, and you might survey the line. The line could be longer, the line might not be longer. Either way, you're thinking about, Okay, how quickly can we get through security.
Speaker 2: I think I'll be all good.
Speaker 3: When you're going through security and you start unloading into the trays into the bins and you hear leave everything in your bag and don't take your shoes off. Oh, and then you just get to walk through security shoes on, you feel like you're breaking the law, Like I'm about to walk through here and everything's gonna go off. Nothing goes off, but leaving your shoes on, leaving everything in your bag. You don't have to you don't have to itemize stuff in the tray. That is my shoutout, no free shout out of the week due. That's an outstanding on it. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thanks, guys, that's outstanding on. You know, it's a special move. Due. When you get out there and you're running on a time crunch and they say, hey, no shoes you're fine, sir dy even reassure you, sirkeep your shoes on, vibe goes fucking because you know, oh, because you know, you go, fuck my bitch, we made it. It's a good day. Yeah, for real, dude, that's an outstanding one. My shout out and over your shadow of the week is going to piggyback off of one that happened a couple weeks ago. My man, Will Compton talk about that nostalgia feeling when you put that jersey on on a Friday afternoon, So everybody in that fucking community knows that you and the boys are going to fucking war seven pm. Be there. Everyone who's anybody's gonna be there, dude. Me chaperone is the bird case dude, the rowdiest, rowdiest student section in all of Arizona. But for me, there was another layer. I don't know if will you have to ever enjoy this. That layer for me was not only would you be rocking them sevens on Friday, knowing I'm the fucking man around this part. You had your practice jersey and every single week it wasn't just allocated to one individual.
Speaker 6: Did she went that.
Speaker 2: Little honey if you wanted to let her wear your jersey, Hey, I know we've been talking for a minute and you want to wait till you're married, But if you want. You're trying to dry hunt. I would love if you could wear my practice jersey on Friday. And boy did they get fucking hype, so hype that they would low keep start showing off to all their friends, acting like they're better than everybody. And you would see this, you'd see that and register it be in your brain now and you go, this can't happen again, So what happens next week? She used to lay that hand out as if it's just coming to her, like it's nothing like another bull of porridge, Na, sir, I would in past that jersey, not just me, but other individuals as well, give it to somebody else, maybe even her same friend group. So my shout out and no free shout out is the free advertisement of having the practice jersey. Talking to you, it's a nice little move, you see.
Speaker 3: It sounds like if you witness somebody to take having the practicercy on, if they take it for granted in fing it a little bit like.
Speaker 2: It was never about you know, being that guy towards girls. It was about, hey you, this is a this is a privilege. This is a privilege. Not right, yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like they get a jersey. There's only about fifty of these boys out here for us.
Speaker 3: Because because we talked about this on the phone, where it was different it was lettermans jackets. Uh where where we were at. I feel like probably a lot of people might be lettermans jackets. But Taylor made a good point in Arizona's hot a ship and nobody's wearing their letters. So it's the practice jersey. My question is what's that practice jersey smelling like? Because I know what I do with my practice jersey like that thing was the thing was washed maybe before the season started, after the season started.
Speaker 2: That's basically you're got a kid. Oh she was nasty. Look he'd be able to stand up by itself. You don't know what I'm saying. Stiff and stale, but they wear it. Dude, fucking shut out? Dude, shut out? Who would wear my jersey? I don't want to say names. Still clues close? Can you be given your letterman jacket out? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's her name? I mean, let's be a couple of different people. Yeah, but I don't want to give free shot outs on this podcast.
Speaker 2: What I mean.
Speaker 3: That's a good one though, anytime you bring them nostalgia from high school.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's just a fucking winner.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 2: This brings you back to good time. Yeah, dude, high school was the fucking best. You know, talking to my wife about is how I'm thirty one now she's twenty nine.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday. By the way, we didn't get to say the birthday. The birthday, boy, Taylor, he's thirty one. Appreciate that this is not a birthday.
Speaker 2: It's more like you're getting the point where you're like, you're definitely not a kid anymore. You're getting older and it's like there's no slowing it down. I know, man, do you spend money on doing like facials and shit? Yes, saw the facial eye got in Canada. Yah. Oh Mike, your boy had that dream on his face. Dude, that fucking thickness. Oh man, I put that up to you. When I put that fucking picture up, I go, I know it's about to happen here. I just put my Yeah, that was the hard stevening. You have an idea that it'd be like that when you knew. I knew it was going to be bad. I knew it was gonna be bad. My The thing I felt most bad about was no my teammates is gonna have to endure that, like they were gonna get texting the side of screenshots, going man, this is your boy, this is your fucking boy out here. I got that, did you?
Speaker 5: I Am?
Speaker 3: Jordan hit me up like, hey, damn the Saints. Yeah, he said, hey, explain this bro, the camp din fucking text me himself if he wants.
Speaker 2: Dude. I'm just you know, I'm just saying, that's crazy, bro. But yeah, I knew that she was gonna go down. But you know you kissed the dude in Vermont, so I guess it's all good. Yeah, I go off bard by that kiss? Bro? What'd you do it again? Yeah? Nice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy. It caught me by surprise. I did not expect that. And I want to say, like, by the sound of it, it seemed like I kissed back maybe close like the way I was setting it up. We did that photo. You guys are sitting there, we like did the photo tore. We're kind of like looking at the whiskey like we're all excited. They got a photo and then he kissed me on the cheek and so fights wasn't in that photo. So we brought Fiddleberg back over and they were like hey. Like I was like, hey, let's remake this photo.
Speaker 2: Fights.
Speaker 3: You get in the middle, and KFC and I will kiss you on the chic on each on each side. And so we were lining it up, and for whatever reason, KFC wanted to be in the middle. He goes, hey, I'll get in the middle and you guys kiss me on both sides. And I remember thinking in my head, like, weird, how you just want to be in the.
Speaker 2: Middle of the kisses. I'm thinking, all right, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Like lean down, I like, you know, I'm like gonna sell the photo, and I like close my eyes and I leaned down real low and I'm gonna puck her up real big. And then he turned and he kissed me. Man in that movie, uh from the Times? Yeah, yeah, yes, sir, three hundred times what happened?
Speaker 2: He kissed me Man? So was KFC good kiss her?
Speaker 3: I mean it was a pack You can't really tell a good kisser. There were a moist They were a moist, you know what I mean. They weren't dry, there wasn't any stickiness to it. Yeah, they were moist. Yeah, he didn't tell he's been there before he knew what he was about to deal and he makes it. He knew not a good impression. Once that happened, I was like, no fucking wonder you wanted to be in the middle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, buddy kissed me and it was all being in the milk that Fidelberg Now, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: If you see in the video, fights are still sitting there and he has like a delayed reaction to the kiss happening. He's like still like lean in. Then he realizes, oh, this is hilarious. Where's my where's my fucking kiss? But yeah, man, we interrupt this episode to bring you Romans. Shout out Roman, Shout out Roman, No free shoutouts boys. Testosterone affects a lot of aspects of men's fitness and health, from sex drive to muscle and bone mass. Romans Testosterone Supports sepplements were designed by real doctors to help men maintain their body's natural testosterone production. Roman Tea Support contains a blend of six key nutrients, including OSHWAGANDHA to support healthy testosterone level, magnesium to support muscular health, Vitamin D three, a fat soluble vitamin that plays a role in bone health and supports several cellular processes, and zinc, an important trace mineral in the body that plays a vital role in muscle development. Roman T support is not testosterone replacement therapy or TRT and is not meant to treat people with testosterone deficiency syndrome. Go to get Roman dot Com Slash Busting Boys to get fifteen dollars off your first order ROMANT Support. That's get Roman dot Com Slash Busting Boys again. Get Roman dot Com Slash Busting Boys. Back to the episode. All right, so we have CJ on the bus. I'm very excited about this. I met CJ at Tighten You. We had a great time. I think we were exchanging numbers during the water balloon and fight.
Speaker 6: That got out of hand.
Speaker 3: But I have one question for you, one question that I want to start this entire podcast off with.
Speaker 6: That crossed my lips to him.
Speaker 3: You know, I think you need to prepare for this one. Does Zach Wilson have that dog in him?
Speaker 6: I think that's a resounding yes.
Speaker 2: Right like everyone in America, that's a resounding yes.
Speaker 6: Do you not think he has that dog in him? I saw on my quarterback No, no, No, I think he does. But I think we all know what we're talking about here. You I saw your Instagram.
Speaker 3: Seems like you guys had a great time out wherever you guys were throwing, slinging the rock.
Speaker 6: It was a good time.
Speaker 2: Obviously, rumors are swirling, rumors swirl. Does Zach Wilson have that dog in him?
Speaker 6: I mean, if if that's what the rumor says, you know, like we just let you, just let social media take over.
Speaker 3: Oh we wap in each other up the next day. Then now the stuff it comes out the next day it happens.
Speaker 6: Are we no, Yeah, he gave me a call. He was like, Yo, how should I like approach, Like what do I say on social media? I was like, dude, we're about to go to Idaho. Don't say anything. Just go meet made the right move, Like, just don't say anything, like just let that ride and whatever happens happens, and then you react to it afterwards because you don't know what people are gonna say off of whatever you're gonna say. So yeah, smart, smart by him.
Speaker 3: Very smart by him and the Internet. I mean he's elevated, like he's like he's in the conversation with Tom Brady, right, Yeah, like m v puts for him right now, We're great. It's kind of I mean, that's my quarterback, you know what I'm saying? Like, so we we we We also have a milfhund around the bus in the back.
Speaker 2: Take a guess at which who you think it would be?
Speaker 6: Probably not JP.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 6: What do you mean by that? Maybe that Joseph Paul maybe, but that JP. You know, he's got he's got a little class to him. Dang, what are we doing back there?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: What do we know?
Speaker 7: The one rumor gets started, I shout out Mother's Day and then all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: I'm single moms.
Speaker 7: Well I shout out all moms and I said, especially the single mom. And next thing, you know, I'm out here poaching women, but I'm respectful.
Speaker 3: It's he talks about going on He talks about going on the lake, and we're like, and all the single moms will be out there, and he's like, hey, so now like this personality.
Speaker 7: Is rememberg's like one mention in my tweets per tweet that's like, you know, watch out single mom something.
Speaker 5: So we should you know, we can we can tone it.
Speaker 3: Down, tone it down. I just elevated on well, I appreciate you for coming on bus with the boys. I think we have what we need a right, No, but that was is that a boy? Is he like one of the boys. Would he come on the bus.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he'd come on the bus for sure. I think he's The more I get to talk to him, the more I like he opens up a little bit, like you would probably have to have a couple of conversations with him, just like yeah, so I just to like loosen him up. But he's only Yeah, I mean he's a quarterback, like when you're like a first round quarterback and stuff.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like you're there in Utah, right from Utah went to BYU. Like they do it, you know, the Warms do it a little bit differently.
Speaker 6: Right, it's a little it's just a little. It's a it's a cultural shop.
Speaker 3: But you actually, you were saying right before we came on the bus, you bought a place out in New York and you'll be, yeah, building that relationship with the boy. Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, I mean I live like two doors down from him, and I bought a spot that's two doors down, so we're gonna be right next to each other and we'll should be kicking it. He's got he's got his basement is the uh it's the film room. So he'll have the boys come over like watch film whatever, and then we're gonna jump two doors down. I got a bar in the in the bottom of my the bottom of my house. So we'll hang out there for a little bit. We'll drink responsibly, and we'll have a good time.
Speaker 2: Try that is awesome, by the way.
Speaker 3: Congratulations three year, twenty four million dollars deal with the Jets. Round of applause for the boys. J that's a that's a come up because you're a fifth round guy. Like you're, like we were talking about before you like fifth rounds the best round, like all undrafted and we went back and forth. But if once you hit the fifth round and beyond, like you're pretty much scratching to be on the roster.
Speaker 2: Like, dude, take us through there.
Speaker 3: Like, signing a deal like that has gotta like feel really fucking good knowing how you came into the Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah. The crazy thing is like junior year, I had a decent year in college. Senior year, I really didn't play too much, which is like the offense whatever, and so I was like Damn, I don't even know if I'm gonna get drafted, to be honest, like I thought I was gonna be a eighth round guy and then I fortunately got drafted, and yeah, it's been it's been a grind. Like the first I mean, the first couple of years were like anytime tight end gets hurt, it's like it doesn't matter, Like, all right, you go in, you're with the first team, You're also doing scout team, You're also doing every special team. You're also doing every scout team on scout team, on special teams.
Speaker 2: I'm just like you were running the scout on special team.
Speaker 6: So I was doing everything. Yeah, bro, I was. I was done. I was like I lost like thirteen pounds every day and I would just be like, this is fine, I'll be fine, Like this, this is what it takes, right it. We're developed you exactly, So yeah, something like this, I mean, it's I never thought it would happen, right, Like, you know, my parents are very like just satting, you know, like you have a better chance of getting shut by lightning twice and making its NFL and like, you know, the average.
Speaker 2: Your parents are telling you this or outside people.
Speaker 6: My parents, my daughter was like, hey, make sure you're under grades. Just letting you know. This is like it's tough, so like we believe in you, like you know, they give me so yeah, you know it's like the average is what three and a half four years maybe, like we're smacking that right now, go us, Like come on, I think it's two. So yeah, no, it's it, you know something like this was like got to spend it with my parents too, which was nice, and I hung out with them talking about it. So that's sick.
Speaker 3: Do you appreciate them keeping it real with you when you're young kind of going through and they're saying they talk about the odds and everything else.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would have been a piece of shit probably like I got. I would have been not like not like I mean, my parents were me right, you know, but I think you know, throughout high school, like you start hearing some hype and you're like, oh wow, like I'm getting like colleges are coming to talk to me. Like I'm an only child, I talk a lot, like I would just like act up a little bit in class, like oh my Karen really well a little bit. Yeah, just I mean our high school is really good and my parents were like, you were a beast.
Speaker 3: You played quarterback, wide receiver. You also said punter.
Speaker 6: Yeah I was.
Speaker 3: You went eleven and one as a junior, passing for seventeen hundred while also rushing for eight hundred yards like.
Speaker 2: You So yeah, you were a stud.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean our I won't say out of a side. I'll say the high school. Our high school was really good, and they still are really good. I keep I keep in touch with some of the guys. They are, like some of the coaches. But man, it was just like that football was like the essence of the school. Like Taylor Heineke. We played Taylor Henike School and hey Taylor, we beat that ass too.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 5: It was a good game.
Speaker 2: It was a good game. But like that game was hype because.
Speaker 3: We were both under there a beast in high school. Freak, here's a freak. I mean, do for what do you throw for over seven hundred yards in a college game?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, I know.
Speaker 6: I kept up with him in college because I was like, dude, this guy's this guy's unbelievable. People just sleep on them. Yeah, and our county is really good. We have a lot of good whatever talent coming out. So again, like football in our county was like Taylor could probably do whatever you wanted to do in his high school. Like it's like oh yeah cool, like school great, but like also like if you are like hey, like dang, I missed some homework assignments, like like if this test score is an A, because I was decently smart, Like if this test was an A, like, can the A be for the rest of the homework? Oh, yeah, sure, we got You're like, oh cool, oh great.
Speaker 3: They hook it up like that in high school. It was one teacher, I'm not gonna because you're saying this like Friday night lights at your at your high school. It wasn't to that extent, but it was.
Speaker 2: It was. It was like you could they're about ball.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 6: Yeah. It was very football oriented at the school for sure, in the county. And then you go to Auburn, YEP. You played with the you play with the fellow friend of the show, Darren Man. You play with him, right, I played stories on DV I got great stories with him. He's I mean, you know, this guy's he's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's a lunatic bro speaker, always blurring. Kevin Gates in the locker room yeah, but the mad Ship to everybody. Oh yeah, he always he always controlled the oxyar.
Speaker 6: I remember like like we played at South Carolina and this man is just like he's going crazy in the locker. I won't forget that. I was like, damn, this is sick. It is my freshman year too. I'm like, I'm inside of my mind. But the best story was we played Intinacy. I don't remember what year. It was, like second or third year with the Bengals. I see him across, maybe like fourth year, but I see him across and he's just talking ship the entire time, like, yes, he's on your ass. I'm like, oh dope, like you're blocking me. Cool, I know it now, this is great. I'm gonna kick off. I come to give you a move whatever. I'm staring at him the entire time. Tiding comes out of nowhere and just smacks that and he's just in my ear the entire time. Damn you gonna let us do that to you. We'll be back next play. And I'm like, oh god, here we go. Like this guy, he's a lunatic.
Speaker 3: He's a minute on special teams. That's funny that he hit you dialed in then all of a sudden, you get blind sauted on a double team.
Speaker 6: My coach is not happy either.
Speaker 2: Did you love your time at Auburn?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 6: It was It was a good time. I got my best friends from there, like I was friends with only for the most part, like only walk Ons, Like those are my best friends. So we had like walk on parties. We call them wops just like nobody knew that we were talking about Hey, like in front of coach, like, hey, we got that wop. Later on, Coach like what the It's a dance, Like that's all I know and read get after. I was the token scholarship player. That's what they called me, token scholarship player a lot at the walk on parties. So I loved.
Speaker 3: So you're like the gaykeeper. You're like the bridge between walk On and Scully. That was that was man, That's a good that's a good label to have.
Speaker 6: I mean, dude, walk On dudes, they got treated like I mean, we're in the National Championship. They're in the cage, like they're not even the locker room. They're like a little separate cage like outside of the locker room. And I'm like this, did you almost go somewhere else. I kind of wanted to go to Florida because my godbrother goes there. But other than that, I mean, I I'd visit the l s U when Less was there and I was like, this is this is awesome, But I kind of dow it was Auburn pretty early.
Speaker 3: Did you get drafted in the fifth round to the Bengals. Yeah, you were kind of going through the ship. Like obviously you guys made it to the super Bowl, which we'll get into, but you were weathering the shitty years of Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean my first year wasn't though. My first year we were nice, Like we had everybody, like we had AJ was and we had Marvin Jones, we had most of knew. We had Andrew Whitworth, we had I mean, we had the boys, and we won the division and that was a while ago.
Speaker 2: Andrew's on the Yeah, was on the Bengals. Yeah, that you guys were you guys were.
Speaker 6: Nice then, Yeah, and we won the division and he gets hurt. AJ Matt comes in. He's leading us down like we're about to win the game. Then some stuff happens and like what happened? Remind us, like, you know, the our Defense kind of got into it a little bit with the Steelers and like game, that's.
Speaker 2: How long ago that was.
Speaker 3: It's like we were nice to talk about with with Tz and uh Tez and and a B yeah, a B and then and then like or locker room yeah, Joey Porter, Yeah yeah, like it was.
Speaker 2: It was a lot.
Speaker 6: And that's my again, that's my rookie.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking ships sweet. I'm like, dang, we're nice, Like this is great, We're doing great. I come into the locker room after we lose that playoff camp, I'm pissed. I'm like, dang, this sucks whatever. And then I'm like, dang, this is I mean it was it was tough.
Speaker 2: So what is that locker room?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 6: Oh, I mean people just yelling at each other like everyone.
Speaker 3: Man tes not that I know them personally, but like you obviously hear stories, right.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I'm gonna be honest. The craziest thing is like Tess likes me a lot, which is awesome. Like he I do some like car karaoke stuff, which is like it's just I do it for fun. And he would come in and be like, hey, bro, me and my girl watched that car karaoke. That's just funny. And I'm just like, hang on karaoke. Yeah, like you got a YouTube Channe No, no, I just I just hop in the car and I just like play some like Taylor Swift. I get some props out there, like Miley Cyrus like I got I went, I was in California. I'm doing I'm doing some crazy did I just yeah, have some fun with it. But he's the last person that I expected to be like, hey, well that's funny, like me and my girl watching, Yeah, do that, Like when's the next one. It's like I don't know, I was gonna stop doing it, like whatever. He's like, no, you gotta keep that going. I'm like, all right, cool, Like Test is the boy. But locker room was crazy. I mean yeah, like you said, you got all those different personalities like clashing people pointing fingers and like just yelling at each other because emotions are high. We just lost the game, right. We thought we were gonna win with the backup and it was it was it was help and it was hell playing with with Tez.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: What an animal? Yeah? Did he ever? Did he ever look you.
Speaker 6: Over the middle of once? Yep, wasn't supposed to be. I mean, it was supposed to be like just fit like, you know, just fit up. And I'm running a shallow and I sit and I turned right into him and he just just lowers his head and I'm like, oh god, are you here off the ground? Oh my coach, I'm trying to stay off the ground. I just got smacked.
Speaker 3: They would talk about how like, uh like, how smart he was, like instinctive he was, yeah, not show up to practice, but he'd be like he would know everything. Or when he would show up, like sometimes they say they'd come in, he'd be in the hot tub and he'd be like, no, I'm not practicing. The day they'd be trying to get him to come out to practice while practice and warm ups are starting and he's like in the hot tub.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh no, I'm not practicing today.
Speaker 3: But then he come out the next day, say it's like a fast Friday, and he would know everything, and he'd be on the field like pointing shit out.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah. Like even when he was hurt, like when he was injured or like off the field or something, he'd be like the trainers would be on him. He'd be kind of talking to them, looking at the field and be like, it's a crossrout, just yelling it before the play and it's a cross And he gets pissed and then he's like, doesn't matter if he's hurt or not. He's putting someone on. He's going back in and I'm like, what are you? Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Like how do you know that? Like?
Speaker 6: And he's just smart. He's one of the smartest football players that I've been around. Like defensively for sure, but maybe in general, like he knew concepts really well. It was crazy.
Speaker 2: When did when did Marvin get fired? Uh?
Speaker 6: My fourth year? So going into my contract?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this last year? So no, no, no, because you had You've had Zach Taylor for a couple of years ago, three years. Oh and the Bengals extended you.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So after the after those four years, Marga gets fired, Bengals extend me and I was there for three.
Speaker 3: Years, okay, all right, and then that's when you guys kind of have you know, battle through some stuff. I will say the one uh pre draft visit I went on with Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: What a hell hole it was at the time. Maybe it's maybe it still is. I don't know.
Speaker 3: What more they did to But at the time that I went, there's a fucking like the cafeteria was in the basketball gym and they.
Speaker 2: Were just set up tables. Yeah, they they they renovated that.
Speaker 6: They switched it up for sure, because now it's I don't know if you remember or not, Like now you walk in, you take it right, and the cafeterias.
Speaker 2: There, it was just just like a it was just like a room with a couple of chairs in it. Yeah, it's still okay. At the time, oh that was still the case.
Speaker 3: From Yeah, but you talked to everybody around the league. Everybody's like, oh, Cincinnati has got the worst. Yeah, like that's the that's there's a couple of teams for sure that I hear. But yeah, it's it's up there.
Speaker 2: So you were grinding there for what six seven years?
Speaker 6: Seven years?
Speaker 3: You wish you would have stayed Nah, I mean it was like was a situation going into this last year. Obviously you have you have a good year, but are you wanting to stay in Cincinnati?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean I think I think you're in a place for seven years, right, You're like, dang, like this is you know, you make it your home and you're like, and I talking to people that like one of my boys he's in the corporate world even, right, and he's like, yeah, you know, I've been this company for four years. And I'm like, dang, do I really want to take this other job? Like that's gonna be tough, like me and the family. I'm trying to start, like start a family with my wife all this stuff. And so, yeah, you're comfortable in a city that like embraces you, especially after like like you said, being through the ship and then going to the super Bowl, You're like, oh, dang, like you know, I got you know, I I've made I've planned some roots here, like I kind of want to stay. And then you know, you you see certain things and you're like, dang, all right, cool, Like, man, I I kind of see that you're wanting to maybe go a different direction.
Speaker 3: What are the certain things? It's just you know, like like trying to rotate other guys in there.
Speaker 6: No, it's not that. It's it's more like just contractually stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: It's kind of like throw me a bone maybe, and you don't get that, and you're like, all right, well, you know, I know another team that has some young talent that is gonna you know, throw me your bone and and I'm gonna stick with them.
Speaker 3: So it is in one of those situations where they're trying to start negotiating like way ahead of time and then like every player gets like disrespected in their first offer.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, and you're.
Speaker 3: Either you either understand what's happening or like there's some guys who just get so pissed off that like, you know, they're trying to disrespect me type of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, I mean I knew a couple of Yeah, so like I knew how they were going to do it. I knew how it was the first time, and I knew that's kind of the the way that you know that contract works. And it's not just sincey, it's most teams. Most teams are.
Speaker 2: That's business.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it was the ending stages we were like okay, cool, like nice, We got a couple back and forth, like let's see if we can like actually plant something down, and it was just like not happening. And I was like, all right, well, I mean that's that's fine. Like it sucks right like seven years like dang, But at the same time, it's like a right nice, like I'll go somewhere and make something to shake with with the young team with some dogs in them.
Speaker 2: Ooh, there you go with the dog in them.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you do a pretty good job of like keeping your emotions separate from like the whole business thing, Like, let's see, it seems by by the way you're talking, like you want it to work out, but if it doesn't, like you're all right with trying something new. Clearly that's the option you did. But some guys they want to stay with their team badly and we'll do, you know whatever to make it work. And usually the player ends up like you know, noting in the business world of like taking a lower deal to stay with the team or stay in the city.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think, uh, I mean, I I mean I would have for sure, but it was it was. It was pretty bad, but dude, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: Like George was on the pod a couple of weeks ago, and then we were talking about the Deebo Samuel situation and he goes, look, man, he's gonna have a locker, Like he's gonna have a locker here in San France, Like we hope he stays with the team.
Speaker 2: But he's like, you only.
Speaker 3: Get this small window for each individual or each athlete to capitalize on, like what they've worked their entire life for. He's like, who am I to like say, hey, don't go get your money, like you only have this much time to acquire it, Like you have to do what is best for you. Some guys, some guys, you know, their priorities are set differently. But it's not like every every player goes through that like a situation to where say, hey, you got to do like what is best for you, because when the logo's gone and the shield is gone, no one cares what's happening. You know, no one's gonna care what happens to you or what happens with you. Say hey, good luck in the next the next chapter.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, and the guys know that. I mean, I still I still talk to some of the guys the locker room for sure. You know, the punter was probably my best friend, Kevin was probably my best friend for the past couple of years, you know, on the team. So we still talk. But yeah, I mean everyone knows, like you know, they they're gonna they're gonna have some problems just retaining Joey b back there, So I was like, yeah, I mean's no understand like.
Speaker 3: If it's a lot, if it's like a longer deal because Joey Be's got what two more years or two more will they'll have to probably renegotiate.
Speaker 2: But that he just finished his second year, right, Yeah, yeah, so no doubt, like they gotta.
Speaker 3: It's like that time frame that everybody talks about, like in the media, like you have your quarterback on a rookie deal at the moment, you better build all around him to try and obviously win the super Bowl exactly. But no, I feel you, man, it does seem like you do a good job separating separating the two.
Speaker 6: Though, well yeah, I mean I will definitely like hats off to my my agent for that because he was like, hey, like your job, like I know that you have emotion into this, but like like my job is to make sure that like I'm looking out for you and your best interest. Like if you're wanting to like take this, just no, it's not good, Like it's not something that I would recommend you taking. Like just talk to your parts about it. Let me talk to your pants about it, Like, let me just like try to inform you of everything that's going on, and I'm like, dude, thank you, like because you know it it is. It's a it's an emotional game in general, and then you like tie your roots somewhere. But he was like, hey, you got to take that out of it, and that definitely helped for sure.
Speaker 3: And now we're who always in the who always in the game for you. Jets came up, man, they had a good draft.
Speaker 6: Yeah we did. You guys are gonna want to you know, a ballgame er two this year. Now we'll probably win way more than a ballgamer. I'm saying we got the MVP front runner right now.
Speaker 9: There's no question. Bro Zach Wilson, the dog that everybody. This facade that is getting created is is pretty funny. But yeah, how do you feel about going through OTAs and everything with the Jets, Like getting acclimated to New York, like being out there in the city like you go from Cincy, that type of situation. I've heard the Jets have an incredible fucking facility where you probably go over.
Speaker 2: There and you're like, yo, how do all teams don't have it like this?
Speaker 3: I haven't been there, but like one of my boys who was at Nebraska would take videos of like there there were you at the nutrition table, like making shakes, like the recovery all of this stuff.
Speaker 2: Like do you like getting acclimated to New York? Oh?
Speaker 6: I mean it's New York as a whole. I mean it's I mean the city is amazing, right, Like I'm I'm happy that our facility is kind of a little bit further away Too's it's like forty forty five minutes shit an hour fifteen with try. I don't know, it just depends on the traffic. But yeah, so I like the city obviously, but then just the facility is in it's insane and I'm like, hey, like masking guys like hey, where do you get massages or like xyz whatever?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 6: Just like oh yeah in the training room, Like what are you talking about? Oh yeah, we got dudes every day. Dude, like just go in there and write your name down and get whatever you want. I'm just like what right, Like are you serious? Like yeah, whatever you need? And I'm like all right, cool? Like who has like chefs around here? And like yeah, some people do, but like it's like check out the cafeteria, bro, they got anything you need.
Speaker 2: In there and I walk in and I'm just like my god, Like this is because Sissy didn't have none of that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean not.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Washington, like Washington that you'd have to go to like you know, like the third parties outside the facility to get your massage. And then you're in uh, you're in Vegas, bro And they got everything out there in Vegas massage people coming in like you said, like they're set up all over the field. I mean, like they got the cafeteria if you don't if you want something that's like dietary restricted or something else, like they will cook for you like a chef and give you a meal at night time and in the morning, like give you something that's off off of what they have out.
Speaker 2: There on the floor. But it's just it's unreal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think, and I think there's talks about this. I think the PA needs to put like a ranking list of teams. Okay, this is what this is what's available for the facilities, Like, this is what the practice looks like, this is what you know, training like whatever.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 6: So that and everyone has it like all the whole like everyone has it. So you're like, oh, nice, like you're a free agent and you're like, oh cool, Like let me see what cool. Like maybe like you said, like Pete, there's tears to it, right or there's like in your head you're like, okay, nice, like this is the offer, but like maybe the facilities aren't great, but like training camps, they show you love like you know whatever it is, and you're like, oh cool, like I know what a certain team has and that'll make sure like that'll make sure teams are like on their ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we'll be in the PA meetings and everybody be kind of arguing about the old like the training room set up and like the access you have because they want you to if you get hurt off site, it doesn't pertain or happen it's it does it doesn't involve your contract, right, But if you get happen on site, like at the facility, then they'll take care.
Speaker 2: Of you, right.
Speaker 3: And everybody just argues back and forth about like we would train there or we would be there, but everything is shitty compared to what you can get training somewhere else in the off season, whether it be Nashville, Austin, La Arizona, Miami.
Speaker 6: Going back to your college is yeah, fucking insane, right, I'm like, dude, I go back. I'm like, how much did you guys spend on this? Like Donner money is paying for all of this, and like we can't have what like.
Speaker 3: Right because NFL's money goes to players. Money in college goes to like getting recruised.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you're right. It's like you you're better off going to your college and getting taken care of. But no, I agree with you on that. What do we have next?
Speaker 3: I was sitting here thinking about all the different spostors Traine, because I do remember vividly.
Speaker 2: Did you go to the Do you go to the PA meetings? Dude?
Speaker 6: I went to some of them during the COVID stuff and I just had to get out.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: I was like, you guys are asking the most absurd.
Speaker 3: I say, the COVID stuff is this when they're zooming the PA meetings? Okay, yeah that's you never went to the in person ones.
Speaker 6: No, I was supposed to this past year, and like this year I was I'm getting text like with Cincinnati guys. I'm like, hey, I'm not I'm not in this anymore. Like I'm gonna have to remove myself, so I haven't been to any of them.
Speaker 2: Are you like an al were you like an alternate? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, I got a question from someone who's not in the NFL.
Speaker 7: To all of our listeners, when you hear about the NFLPA, the only general consensus from players is that you hate them. Can you all like go into more depth of why the NFLPA is like maybe poorly run, or just give us more insight to people who don't get to understand what the PA really is doing and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I think it's hard to because number one, even with that question, you already put us on the other side of the fence from our own union, the NFLPA. The NFL Players Association is our union, and guys have a lot of mixed reviews on the PA on how you know it's ran.
Speaker 2: Guys always have a million questions when you go to the meetings.
Speaker 3: It's like it's when I hear guys complain about it or get upset about it. There's like things that obviously none of us know everything about it, but you sit there and hear stuff on them being involved with the NFL a little bit more than they probably should be, or they could be working side stuff, or we build up this war chest and we never are really going to do anything with it if we're just going to cower up and sign the dotted line right before or new CBA happens, which in my opinion, is what we did this past CBA.
Speaker 2: Is we all signed.
Speaker 3: Half the guys were signed before we even got to the NFLPA meetings, and so there's just always this like there's a lot of mixed reviews about it, Like if we had Dennis Kelly on here, Dennis Kelly is somebody who I look to who I always try and hit up because he's somebody who plays that side of Like you got to understand it from this point of view, because some guys will be really emotional about it and they just fucking hate it. But there's a lot of guys who don't go to the meetings or they don't show up to stuff. So by the time guys are showing up at these meetings, when they have them these destination places or when you have them on zoom, I mean that one is that one does suck. But when you go and meet and we're all in the big room and having our getaway every year, that three day trip. Guys are arguing over so much stuff, you can't get anything done. It's like you sit there because we're going back and forth, or we're trying to get stuff done with like thirty two NFL owners. You're talking about guys who you're talking about people who are the elite of the elite.
Speaker 2: There's thirty two of them sitting in a room.
Speaker 3: They understand negotiating way more than any of us ever fucking will because they've been doing business their entire life. They're not like, yes, some of them could be people can argue like trust fund or legacy children or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: But it takes a lot of work to be a billionaire.
Speaker 3: And you're all sitting in a room and there's thirty two of you, and with us the NFLPA, you get two fifteen hundred guys. Now all of us aren't there at the meeting, but you get all of us in there, and we're just charged up athletes trying to argue, and we think we know what we need to be doing. But guys are just sitting there fucking arguing all the time, and it's like, Yo, this is not happening in the owner's room. We know that, and everybody argues over stuff, and some of it's petty enough to where it's like we try and get stuff taken care of in the season where they come in and visit us and have our meetings. And what I think about that is like we have to pay attention in those small meetings because when we have them in season, they're usually after practice there later in the year where it's dark out our already you're already in the grind of a season. Somebody from the NFLPA is standing up there. We're either making fun of him, or you're trying to joke about the coaches, are you know, doing too much in practice, or we're having you know what I'm talking about, and you vote on your reps, your alternates and this that the other, and we don't take care of the small stuff that we try and we end up arguing about when we're at these big meetings. And that's kind of my two that's kind of like my thoughts on it when I sit back, because I've been an alternate a few times, Like I've been in the little meeting rooms and I argued one time about practice squad guys getting a credited season, and they ended up getting that done because Lorenzo Alexander was He was a peace squad guy for like two or three years and ended up helping Pioneer like getting something done.
Speaker 2: But you can't get stuff done.
Speaker 3: But to me, guys aren't locked in like they should be, and they would rather judge and have big opinions versus taking the time to think about actual situations.
Speaker 6: And guys just they just like some guys just like hearing themselves talk like yeah, it's like it's dude.
Speaker 2: Some dudes be on there thing they're spitting game like saying like.
Speaker 6: Hey let me let me, let me, let me spit something to you, let me, hey, let me educate you. It's like, no, you're not educating anybody. You're just saying the same thing over and over again for ten minutes. And then they're giving you an answer, saying like hey, like we'll come back to you on it, and you're like, okay, what And you're trying to word it in a way that's like, well, you just said that. You're just trying to sound a little smarter, but you're sounding number because you're saying the same thing and you're not using bigger words on the phone dues will start laughing. Yeah, no, I mean it's like in honesty is insane. And those same guys like you just said, like they're not in every meeting, so they'll miss a couple of meetings and be like they'll hop on five whatever. However many meetings later and just be like okay, so what about this and just going to a rant like hey, hey, like then you got people talking over each other. It's like, hey, we discussed this. It's it's this, this and this, but he doesn't want to hear it because he wasn't a part of that meeting and so and now he's just like all right, I'm gonna I have the floor. I started talking. I'm gonna keep talking, Like dude, just shut up.
Speaker 3: Well, there's not like full tendance with the reps or the representation the guys who get voted on and some guys who complain you need the money guys to show up, like yeah, that's like a that's a valid argument.
Speaker 2: But like it's just it's way more. It's like guys are it's.
Speaker 3: We don't spend enough time trying to get the actual stuff done. And I think on the flip side, as a player, you sit back and you see some of the stuff that does get done or the way it's handled, and sometimes like like I know, for me, it's like I would feel like you want killers going up against these, you know, going up against the NFL. Sometimes like guys feel like we can see a little too early, too much, which I would agree with on certain in certain situations or certain areas. I'm doing my best to toe the line with all this stuff because obviously I'm pro for the boys, like I want stuff to get done for the players, for the NFLPA.
Speaker 2: So I am for the NFLPA.
Speaker 3: So I try and hesitate like talking shit, so to speak, because I want us to be better. So on my mindset, it's like instead of bitching about it, like like let's figure out a way to like be together on something or show up or you who are sitting here bitching about the whole time, like be on a phone call or show to a meeting, so that way you understand like what you're digesting and spitting out in the first place.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I mean I'm that I'm with you. It's you just said it's just bitching. It's a whole lot of bitching, and there's no like, there's nothing constructive that comes out of it if you're just gonna yell or like talk or raise your voice, or if you don't get the answer you want or like yeah, like if you don't get the answer that you're looking for in your head too, then it's just all hell breaks. So then you freak out more and you spend.
Speaker 3: Too much time talking on certain topics to where you waste all your time the dumbest stuff, the dumbest shit for the r answer are on the dumbest things.
Speaker 6: It's not on the things that are important too, which is the which is why I'm just like, dude, I'm pissed off, Like I'll just mute myself. I'm kind of just like, all right, I'm gonna put my phone down twenty minutes later, but he's still gonna be talking. We're still gonna be talking about the same point because someone else is gonna jump on about something that has no effect on anything in the grand scheme of things, like it just so minute and then we get nothing done, because then it's like, all right, we got an hour and a half conversation, twenty of it's been on.
Speaker 2: The people have left the phone call, were just like what have we done exactly?
Speaker 3: But if you're a player listening to this, I advise everybody to go to these meetings that we have every year, especially the one that the Nation was like you plus one first class, like it's a little vacation. Sure, but don't just go for the vacation. Show up to the meetings. I know a couple of years that there was like an attendance problem because people would go get taken care of on like you know, hotel first class plus one, and dudes wouldn't show up to the show up to the meaning where they'd start taking attendance. That's why attendant started to happen. Yeah, oh that's funny, dude. This past year going to the Super Bowl being this fucking close, What was it like experiencing the Super Bowl and getting there?
Speaker 2: On some like bullshit calls?
Speaker 6: Can can you elaborate on that?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: I know one in particular against the Raiders that uh, that play in the end zone and the whistle was blown.
Speaker 2: I think that was a bullshit call.
Speaker 6: I don't I don't recall that one.
Speaker 2: Bring it up, Jack, I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't know what you're talking about. To be honest with you, this man, just Johnny on the spot out here, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: He'll bring it, he'll bring it up.
Speaker 5: I don't play.
Speaker 2: It was like it was toys.
Speaker 6: Definitely not the final player, No, no, no, it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't the final play because the Raiders were trying to go down to score.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I don't remember whistle on that one, and.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately we stopped a rot pretty short from the end zone when it's the last play of the fucking game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got cut the week before.
Speaker 3: However, I was all about caping the boys going into the playoffs because I do strongly believe that I was a huge reason why we got there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, for sure, just keep it straight face through the entire time.
Speaker 3: Dude, Foster's a stud man, a very funny individual when you get to know his humor, because at first you kind of can't tell.
Speaker 6: No, you have no idea, no clue. First time I met him, lat was was last tight in you, and I was just like, what.
Speaker 2: You thought he was autistic?
Speaker 6: Right now? I didn't think that. I was just like, this guy's got some he said. And he was like, you know, you're talking about Joe. He's like, yeah, you know, tell Joey said hey, like that's my boy, blah blah blah, and then it like clicked. I was like, oh, you two are probably the same because you got the same sense of humor like your friend's probably because you're just like you say something and you're just straight faced and then you'll laugh maybe later, or smile maybe later in like a cynical way, and you think it's funny and it's not really that funny, but then it turns out that it is funny. That was like a whirlwind, but like that's how it is.
Speaker 3: You got to keep up with him. Oh yeah, as we wait on as we wait on him bringing this play up. Uh, playing with Joe B dude seems.
Speaker 2: Like the truth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's he is. I mean he's he plays like a vet. You know, he's he's ow.
Speaker 3: So like, explain what what what makes him comfortable enough to where he commands a huddle.
Speaker 2: Like that to you play like a vet. I don't know.
Speaker 6: He doesn't even like he doesn't even talk too too much. But when he talks, it's like, oh shit, like he's spoken like way.
Speaker 3: And when you say talk, are you talking about like speaking in front of the team or are you talking like that?
Speaker 6: Really doesn't speak too much in front of the team. When he does, it's like okay, like this is how it is. And and I think the main thing I think too is like an offensive meetings coach is talking and and it is kind of an open dialogue for the most part, Like people aren't like just absolutely going insane out there. But if you would, if you were to say something like Joe would just be like, you know, I kind of just want you to want it like this or just you know what, just get open, like I'll find you, like I know, I know where you're supposed to be if it's covered three or whatever, like being the being the direction now'll get you the ball, like okay, cool, like dope, I can just go out there and play and like not like a robot like and then you just have fun and and to an extent like because then if you're having too much fun, he'll be like, hey, we got to lock the in and then it's just like okay, cool, and then you just stop like done, got you.
Speaker 3: So he's got the whole quiet demeanor until he wants to speak up or say something.
Speaker 6: Sure, which is why I try to dress up for the for the games exactly which is dude, which is.
Speaker 2: Like, is that a mind fuck?
Speaker 3: If he's like got a quiet demeanor and then all of a sudden he's shown up to the plane or shown up for game day, like he's.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you how fucking hilarious that is to me. Like seeing this man just like sit in his lock and not really talk, not really do much. Like he has a chessboard and in front of in front of his locker that like like low key, he'll play chess against himself, like certain moves. Bro, Like it's like, bro, it's super interesting.
Speaker 3: We got a chessboard sitting in front of his locker, and so.
Speaker 6: They got like a little golf cart, right or like a little cart whatever. And I played against him once and he thought I was gonna be He thought I was gonna be trash. I could tell like he was like, Oh, this is gonna be easy, sitting down. He's making some moves and he's like hmm, and he'll sit back. And it took like through meetings because he thought I was gonna be quick, right, like he slept on me. So it took a little bit, but he got out of meetings early. And I just see him sitting there looking at the board and he's like, hey, you want to make a move, And I'm like all right, cool, Like so I sit there for a second, I make a move and he immediately moves a piece and I'm like, this, you've jackass. You've been You've been calculating every move that I was going like, this is weird. And so like he plays a couple of people, he's beating the shit of them, and people just are like not playing anymore. It's during the season, later in the season, and he'll just like kind of like move the chess pieces around a little bit, like play against himself, and you're just looking like, oh, like are you good?
Speaker 2: Like are you good?
Speaker 6: Like are you just like that's smart to where you're playing. It's like what like what is this? And he won't say a word. And then I'll just get ready to go out to practice, like kind of smile a little bit, kind of joke around a little bit, be all serious, come back in, kind of sit there for a second. Like after games too, like depending on the game, he'll just sit there, no phone, no nothing, and his paths just sit there and I'm assuming just analyzing the game. But he, dude, he's do you ask him why he sits there? No, I'm not going to disturb him when he's in. He's like, they'll disturb the h Like I'm just like, dude, just sitting there chill, Like I'll just talk to the other boys that are around the locker room because I'm I was a couple of lockers down from him, you know. Next to me was Drew Sample then like Tyler boyd So TV and I would fuck around all the time, like we would. He'd come over to the crib take a shot after every win, like that was an open door policy for him. We talked about like this open door possily he would walk in the house, take a shot with me, and then just walk out like that's not say a word, not say a word, it's back, cheers, good ship, I see you later. And so we would mess around a lot, and you just got Joe in the background as were like clowning.
Speaker 3: Just yes, that's against himself, us himself. Hey, that's iconic, Like that is awesome, that is legendary. And then all of a sudden, like when it's obviously a big game, he just pulls out the cigar and just yeah he didn't he didn't want to start seeing a little dancing in the rhythm.
Speaker 6: He didn't want to smoke either, the cigar until the Super Bowl, Like he was like, yo, I want this I Like, he was like, I'll smoke this one now, like we just want like we're no chance whatever, but like I'm not smoking another one after we want a playoff game.
Speaker 2: No, none of that.
Speaker 6: It's going to be after we won the super Bowl. Like he's like, I'm I'm cool off.
Speaker 2: That, all right.
Speaker 6: He doesn't even I don't even know if he likes smoking cigars. It's just now that's that's that's him.
Speaker 2: What a legend, dude? Did you find the play.
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 3: We go scrambled around? Did you hear that whistle right before he caught that ball? I know you fucking did?
Speaker 6: Go back?
Speaker 2: Wait go back? What? What?
Speaker 6: What quarter?
Speaker 2: Was? What even is this? This is the second quarter of this before halftime? Nah? Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 3: You saw my man back there below the fucking whistle.
Speaker 6: I saw him put it. Look look look at me. I'm just looking at I'm just looking at TB.
Speaker 2: Look at me. Oh yeah, listen to the whistle. I'm listening.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I think that's a delayed that was the delayed TV reaction. I think that's what happened.
Speaker 3: You got that little ship grint on your face. Man, hey, listen, you're not You're not on the Bengals anymore. Let's talk about it transparently.
Speaker 2: Where you sitting there? Were you sitting there thinking like ship? All of us were like, what the hell is going on right now?
Speaker 3: Did you think like, oh, I thought I heard the whistle? Like be real, did you personally on the field here the whistle?
Speaker 2: Are you just saw? What?
Speaker 3: Are?
Speaker 2: What is the conversation even about? No?
Speaker 6: No, no, I heard the whistle as the balls in the air, Like as I'm looking, I was like ball because the ball was throwing, like I mean, you hear it. He's putting the whistle in his mouth. He's not blowing it yet. He's blowing it like now, and I'm like, wait, what the hell? Like I was a little premature, like did he know he was going to catch that right now? Like what's going on? But you see me, I'm just like, Okay, he caught it. That should be a touchdown. I don't know what's going on on the sideline over there, but like I'm going to act like it's a touchdown and until they say it's not a touchdown. Yeah, you see me looking out. I'm not like super hype at the moment because I'm I don't know I.
Speaker 2: Was going on touchdown. Yeah exactly, I didn't know. It's all we needed.
Speaker 6: But I do know, I do know that that was a touchdown. If you look at it too, I mean he's not gonna make it. I mean, yeah, he's probably not gonna make the play. However, like for argument's sake, for you, yeah, for you, for my narrative, for your narrative, you got it, for media, for everyone else's narrative social.
Speaker 2: Media in the world that we need.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be up to you to find the rest of this clip and post it yourself.
Speaker 6: All right, cool, you got we got we got it.
Speaker 2: We got it. I'm voice with the voice. Now we're good. We dropped when he drops the right here's the full entire quote. Yeah, because I got.
Speaker 3: I was dealing one with Foster last week on saying that he's the team to beat, the Raiders of the team to beat in the AFC West, and we quote it like in big like a big graphit like that he said it. And then I'm like very small that people can't understand, and everybody's like arguing, that's crazy that he's already claiming that they're the best team. Blah blah blah blah, just to just to roll everybody up on the internet. Going to Tennessee. Talk about that game, obviously you got now as you do talk about it. You got to juggernaut fans back there, and Garrett and Jack. I'm obviously for the boys as well. You beat both both my squads back to back. What was I going into Tennessee? Like, I'm sure you guys had all the confidence in the world, but Tennessee was fucking rolling. Derrick the King, Henry's coming back. Yeah, talk about coming to Nashville. All right, I gotta say this too, offer it. Uh.
Speaker 6: After the game, I said, I gotta talking about clickbait and like things that blowing out of proportion. I said, you know, the quote was that they were scared of us.
Speaker 2: That's what quoted. Saying that, that's what got quoted.
Speaker 6: Bring that up, Jake, No, that's what got That's what got quoted. But the entirety, like I'm long winded, right, so like sometimes I.
Speaker 2: Just explain the Yeah, explain the situation.
Speaker 6: What I was saying was like the entire situation was, Hey, I saw the way that they were playing, right, Like the offense was trying to run the ball. They were trying to run the ball. They were trying to milk the clock. They weren't really like like, yo, you guys can come down and you guys can go win this game too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're on the sideline and we're watching our defense and we're kind of seeing how Tennessee. Tennessee is playing dot dot. Oh they're scared of us dot you see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's nothing.
Speaker 3: Can we get the ball back? We're gonna win this game. That was our mindset the entire time. They know if they give it back to us, it's game over. And then we get the ball back and we're like it's game over, it's over.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So what I was saying was like, Okay, like it's a tie. It's a tie game, right, and time's winding down like heavily, and it's just we're still gonna run the ball. We're still gonna run the ball. We're still going to run the ball. It's and I'm like, oh dang, like yeah they're not. I mean, they've had some explosive runs. Like well, like we were happy with how our defense was playing. We're like, yo, this is we're playing great. It was a really good defensive game. And we're sitting on the side. I'm like, dang, like they're not really it doesn't seem like they're like too keen on hurrying up to try to get you know, get a touchdown or getting field grange. It's kind of like it's a slow, methodical pace and I know the game of football, Like, I'm like, dang, a right, obviously they're wanting to kick a field goal to win the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you do that, I mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I'm like, you know, certain, I'm like, you know, like you could throw the ball a little, it's third and however long like oh that thing, air that thing out like that's I'm a coach.
Speaker 2: That's how we've been kind of playing.
Speaker 6: Like in my mindset throughout the year, it's like all right, cool, like, yeah, we've been able to run the ball well, but like games coming down, we're putting the ball in and on our boy's hand and he's gonna we're gonna make plays on the perimeter. And so I'm just like, yo, we get this ball back like we're good, Like they're they don't want us to touch the ball for a second, like they don't want it. They don't want us to anything. And so I'm that's me. Yeah, that's just what I'm saying to the team. What I'm saying to the squad, like that's how I'm thinking. And I did say like, oh, they're scared. They're scared of our offense and what we can do right like rightfully.
Speaker 2: So gotta explain yourself.
Speaker 3: You can talk your ship and they standing up, how dudes are on the dudes are on the sideline and they'll walk up and down the bench back, Hey, they're fucking scared.
Speaker 2: They ain't trying to the ball, like talk my ship, say what you're trying to back pedal just a little bit. I just I just want the record to show I didn't just be like, motherfucker scared of ship. Hey we we win and done.
Speaker 6: I'm like, yo, like respectfully, one hundred percent. We wear them dogs great, like they should be scared of our offense. We you know, they're they're having a good game, they've got how many sacks whatever, but like nut crunch time, you know.
Speaker 2: How Tennessee get nine none and none eat nine.
Speaker 6: But we're still We're still there, like cool, this is what we do, like into the game and at halftime, this is what we do.
Speaker 2: We make shit happen. And so that's that's that's that's how I felt. Cool.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say it, but like, at least hold me on the whole damn thing.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, they're scared of us idiots.
Speaker 3: Three game over if I'm the reporter, like that's obviously the headline there.
Speaker 6: Of course. Yeah, like I gotta I gotta word word my stuff a little bit better maybe, but yeah, no, coming to Tennessee was sick. I mean, I live here in the off season, and so like the hotel we were staying at was like a seven minute walk from where I live.
Speaker 2: Oh for real, and that's nice.
Speaker 6: People were like, yo, you're gonna go back home, like you want to see your family there whatever. I was like, now, I'm gonna do the same thing that I always do. I'm gonna be in the hotel. If you want to see me, come to the hotel. Like it sucks because I want to go back to the crib like hang out, like get some decent food whatever. But like I do what I do every time. So now I was electric.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: I got to have a lot of family and friends come too, because I mean, Nashville is supposed to close to Georgia where I'm from.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 3: It was it was sick when you're going to Nashville. I'm thinking of this now because you know how the boys like go out and eating stuff. Yeah, what spots are you putting the boys on coming to Nashville.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's a good question. For the most part. The first thing that I say every time is Barcelona. I love a good tapas spot, tapas and wine. On Monday, you got half price wine. On Monday, you get tapas. Oh come on, I'm in big tapas guy Mann. But like, why now you can order it a you can order a lot more so. My wife, she's from DC. There's a Barcelona in DC, and she took us there one time on one of our dates. And I wasn't the biggest fan because you like, tell you something, you gotta split it, and I'm like, hey, order up more stuff. And then you know, we were young in the game back then too, so my mind was probably somewhere else, like let's get up, let's get out. Let's get out out of this day. You know what I'm saying, Let's go back home. Yeah, but I'm not a huge tapas guy. See, like the thing that I do for the most part, like I know what I like from from Barcelona. First time I went there, I went there for the wine.
Speaker 2: Tell me my order. Tell me my order next year.
Speaker 6: To get the croquettes, get to get the potatos bravos, get the klamari, get the What did I just have that was decent?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 6: They have this spinach and chick piece something and it was actually pretty fire. Like I'm not like I kind of if you I don't even spinach and chick be's like, let's yeah, but it was fire. They have a oh, I don't know, they have this other like pork something. It's like a little like, yeah, the pork belly there, phenomenal. No, it's but then get the croquettes and the potatoes. No matter what. But ask the chef with their favorite thing. I do it every single time. Hey, whatever the chef wants, like, give me, give me something that's and it is always fire.
Speaker 2: I'll do that. Outside of Barcelona.
Speaker 6: Outside of Barcelona. Oh, that's a good question. Where do I go out here, it's your favorite steakhouse in Nashville. I don't go to the mines here really. Oh yeah, I went to Yeah, Bourbon Steak. Went there, Bourbon's fire. Yeah, Bourbon was pretty fire, especially if.
Speaker 3: You get the nice like view. Yeah, you get against the window like you get a nice view.
Speaker 6: Bourbon Steak was. Bourbon Steak was really good. I went to Cane.
Speaker 3: I like the apps say it again, Dane bro ammen brother, Yeah, the apps there. I will say this from Bourbon the fries, the trio sauce fire.
Speaker 6: God, that was right, Okay. I wasn't ready for it either, because I'm talking. I don't forget. I'm like in conversation with somebody. He's explaining everything. And then I look and I'm like, damn what what? Like what are all these sauces? And and we took the boys there like it was me, Zach. It was for tighting you like, uh, Conk was there. One of my boys was there and their girls whatever. And I'm like, hey, bro, what what the hell? What are these sauces? I have no idea, just try and whatever. So I'm trying them. I'm like, damn, Okay, I hit another fry. I'm like, wait, this is a different fry. They have different fries with the different sauces.
Speaker 2: My mind was it's like a flight of fries. I was just thinking, should we go there this week?
Speaker 3: And boys, it's like a flight of fries with three different sauces, three different styles of fry.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's incredible. It's like they're bread right, like they give that to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't remember. They just came out.
Speaker 3: Well, I think I think it is. I think it's kind of like their their version. Anybody from Bourbon listening, we're giving you a free shout out. We shouldn't be, but you should look the boys over.
Speaker 2: But Camee Prime, I am fucking with you on their apps everything.
Speaker 3: Like when it comes to actual steak, you can kind of figure it out at any of these steakhous, like they're all similar, they're all kind of in the same ballpark. But when it comes to everything outside of the steak, like the entrees came, Prime to me is hands down best appetizers, best bread, like the popcorn, lobster fire, the cotton Katie bacon.
Speaker 6: The bacon if you were going to leave the bacon out out of that is the most fire thing that I like and in the world talk to him like actually, and I was kind of sleeping on it. The first time I heard it was was from a friend and she was like, yeah, you know, uh, you gotta go here, you gotta get this cotton candy bacon. I was like, no, that sounds just like I also think it was like cotton candy on a stick with bacon, and I'm like that just sounds disgusting. And then she comes out, she's like prepares it for you, and you're just like, what is going on here? You take a bike and you're just like, I'm done.
Speaker 3: Bacon kind of melts onto it. Yeah, I'm sold, bro, It's incredible. Yeah, they actually bring it out in this fig Oh you haven't well done, bacon, dude.
Speaker 2: Oh my, put the cotton candy on it. It's like a nice presentation.
Speaker 10: You're sitting there, like the ambiance and the incane prime is like darker, you know what I mean. It's got like the tended light vibe going on. And then they talk to you about the bacon a little bit and they're sitting there melting and you kind of like you're splitting it up a little bit. You want to take the whole thing down. But my mouth is water and talking about it it is a vibe in your mouth.
Speaker 6: I come back for the bye week. I'll take you there. Oh yeah, I wasna boys. We got this bust with the boys. Uh team DINNERJ.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't wait, hold on, I didn't say team dinner. My fog got a little ahead of myself.
Speaker 6: Now you can sit a table away from us.
Speaker 3: Another good one in the Southern That's a good steakhouse in Nashville.
Speaker 6: I've been there once and I didn't get I didn't get the steak.
Speaker 3: So you can go up and choose your selection. Actually, yeah, like windows shopping, go up there and you get to pick your cut. Oh wow, it's a pretty that's pretty cool. That's pretty Check it out next time. All right, where were we before we got off the tangent of Nashville? Okay, playing the Titans. You talked ship tight were scared of the Bengals last year? You said, Derek Harry didn't want it to right.
Speaker 2: You just said, right now? Is that what happened then, you guys? Yeah?
Speaker 3: But they they went to the conference championship after that? Who'd you guys? Playing the conference Championship.
Speaker 6: Chiefs k C after they're crazy game with the Bills.
Speaker 3: The Bills, I know, man like, I like, I'm a fan of Casey, Like everybody loves Kansas City, the Chiefs. Like my mom her favorite team was Kansas City, and everybody in Nebraska they're pro team Cinserzo Prope.
Speaker 2: Team in Nebraska is Kansas City.
Speaker 3: But bro, like, there's something about pulling for the Bills that I was wanting them to pull it off.
Speaker 2: I was wanting Josh Allen to pull it off against my homes.
Speaker 3: I mean, they won, they have won a super Bowl, but I was rooting for the Bills to kind of like go to the go to the Super Bowl outside of the Titans and of course outside the Raiders. You guys would like to send a realer story running through everybody. Don't you feel that way? Don't you feel like you guys are the underdog? I mean yeah, to the out, to the outside for sure, Like oh not to the inside. I mean, like you just said, you gotta talk your ship. Like in the locker room, we were like, yo, we we we're those boys like we are. We're damn good team.
Speaker 6: We've been showing it, like you know we've had some hiccups throughout the year, but like, shit, we're here now, like come on, like we gotta we gotta try to on our respects. So yeah, no game was crazy. I mean I got hurt that game, like pretty early first quarter, messed my knee up, and I was fucking pissed.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because you're in the playoffs, like You're like.
Speaker 6: I'm like this sucks, like this is like the worst thing that could happen to me right now, and and low key, like I thought to the squad, I was like, damn, I'm not on the field, like this is just that sucks, Like I don't know, like kind of feel like I'm a little spark plug whatever. So I get and I like feel it and I'm like, damn, I might what happened?
Speaker 2: What happened to your knee?
Speaker 6: It was a a greade three MCL like they said like two and a half three whatever, And I tried to jump, and right when I jumped, I felt like twine a little bit. And then I missed the ball and I was like, oh shit, and I looked back and I landed awkwardly, and that's when I like heard something and I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, Like I think I just tore this like this sucks.
Speaker 6: And then I like popped off the field, got on to the bench and they were like, yeah, we gotta get you in the locker room. They put me in a splint and boys came in at halftime and I like crouched out there like trying to like no. I was like, yeah, boys, let's go, let's go. I'm here with you, guys. I started jumping around and the trainers like, dide, you gottas you gotta you have to sit down, like you cannot be doing this. Get away from the sideline. Like like one of the trainers is he's like actually one of my best friends for for sure, like Nick Cosgray fucking love but like he he he helps me with everything, like he helped me get back for the Super Bowl all this stuff. And he was like, dude, I love you. I know you're passionate about this ship. You gotta sit down, like if you want to if we win this game, you want to play in the super Bowl. If you keep doing the ship, you're not gonna do anything. I was like, all right, fine, whatever. So I'm sitting on the bench and I'm just like, come on, let's go, boys, let's go. We're coming back. Let's do this. I'm watching the game, like even at halftime, like seeing Eli Apple make that stand like stop against uh Rieke on the goal line, I'm like, holy shit, like that's that's monumental, Like that's huge for the boys, and we fucking win that ship. And that was absolutely insane. That was like scenes, so you.
Speaker 3: So you make it back for the super Bowl on a on a grade two plus three m c O.
Speaker 2: What was that like?
Speaker 6: Trying to get back for the super Bowl? That was the worst thing ever. That was like the actual worst thing ever. Like that's why I said, like nix the boy, like.
Speaker 3: So you're not getting surgery. No, you're doing what you can to make the super Bowl. But like talk about yeah, talk about those next couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well the crazy thing was when I like at halftime, I go in and they were like, yeah, it's like you won't need surgery for sure. And the first thing I was like, yo, Nick, like will I be able? Like can I play for the in the super Bowl? He was like I wouldn't count it out. And right when he said that, I was like I'm cool, Like I'm dope. I'm great. That's the first thing I said to coach after we won. I was like, ye'll be back for the super Bowl. I was like, okay, all right, yeah, I got you. Whatever said it's a kdie who's the owner's daughter. I was like yeah, like I said, I'm so sorry. I was like, don't be I'll be back. I'll be back for the super Bowl. It's fine, and she's like okay, and yeah. It was just a grind like I was with Nick two three times a day, just doing just everything I could, like kept it elevated for two weeks straight, just like in on the bed.
Speaker 2: I have a little bed that like has a little foot lifter. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Kept it there.
Speaker 2: I was like, this sucks.
Speaker 6: It's annoying as hell. I can't. Like I'm a stomach sleeper myself. I don't know what you are, but no, I'm I'm on my back or side back side. See I snore. I snore heavy when I'm on my back, so I can't do it. So I was snoring like crazy. No, we can talk about that after the point.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I got a couple I got do you like, would you rather sleep on your back. Do you like sleeping on your back like sleeping on my stomach?
Speaker 2: Oh? You like sleeping on your stomach?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like it. It's it's comfortable. There's no no. You like being on your tummy.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna say stomach.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say it like that. That's what it is, man, It's also called it tummy. You like being on your ass? Yeah? You like being on your booty? Yep, being on these cheeks.
Speaker 6: That's reckless.
Speaker 3: So you're you're obviously elevating, You're doing everything possible, like there was never a doubt that you're gonna be able to play. Obviously you're resting and doing a lot of that ship. But at what point are you get on the field and and testing this ship out?
Speaker 6: I mean three days before, like a couple of days before, like we we fly out to California. I forget when we did you.
Speaker 2: Do stem cell or anything? P RP.
Speaker 6: Stem Cell didn't do anything? Nope? Okay not then, you know what I'm saying Like that?
Speaker 7: Just no.
Speaker 6: I mean I was even like, hey, can we shoot this thing up like for the game, and they're like, nah, that's not smart, Like we're not doing that, and I was like, all right, well.
Speaker 2: You wanted to put toward all in your knee, but I just asked. I was like, hey, can you nah?
Speaker 3: I mean I will, like, yeah, you're about to play for the super Bowl, so you're willing to do whatever. Yeah, I understand that like any other time, like people are like that's like fucking varsity blues trying to inject the quarter zone and the knee and everything like that.
Speaker 6: But you're at this is it, like you're at the finish line. I'm like, dude, I've been dreaming. I mean, I've been playing since I was six years old. I grew up like I played. I played Madden with my dad. We made a little out of a foam uh like pool float. We made a super Bowl trophy, the Lombardy, and we would play for it. And I was like, dude, this is like that's the only thing that was going in my head. I was like, dude, I gotta I gotta touch that. I fucking love that, by the way. Yeah, So like I was like, there's no way in hell I'm not gonna play. And so I didn't do anything on the field. I did some stuff in the pool a little bit and then we fly out to Cali and Nicko's like, all right, we're gonna start doing some ladder stuff, like see how you feel, and dude, California is beautiful, like it's we go from we go from getting stuck on a bus because no indoor So we go from getting stuck on a bus because it's snow and icing to go to our indoor facility, which is on UC's campus. We get stuck there.
Speaker 2: We get stuck through four lights because the bus is stuck.
Speaker 6: On a hill. And if we're just sitting here, like, how the hell are we going to the super Bowl And we're stuck on a hill going to an indoor facility that's not like that we can't just walk to, Like this is absurd to me, So we're all thinking it. We go from that to California, February eighty seven degrees out. I'm walking off the plane like, yep, I feel fucking great. Money feels better already with this weather. So we're doing some ladder drills and he's like, how do you feel. I was like, ramp it up, dude, fuck it, let's go. Let's just let's send it. See what we can do. And he's like all right, like you're not gonna hurt it too much more than it's already hurt. So like you can do whatever you want to if you can go through the pain whatever, It's like, all right, cool. So that first day we did ladder change the direction, ran a couple like short routes, and he's like, I'm gonna shut you down, like personally, I'm gonna shut you down. Second day, he's like, how do you feel. I'm like, yeah, it's stiff. Halfway through he goes, how do you feel now, I'm like it's still stiff, but like, fuck it, we can just we can push through it. It's like, all right, cool, let's go, let's do more. And and from that point on, like I practiced probably in and out. I had maybe like three quarters of a full practice like total, throughout the span of us being in California and throughout those two weeks. But yeah, you know, you've been you're on, you're in chemistry, you know what everyone's doing. It's the last game of the year, you know everything. At this point, you're watching films. So yeah, it was a but it was a fucking grind, dude, Like that's impressive, though, Bro, that was fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And during this time are you thinking about because you're obviously in your contract year as well, are you thinking about those those things? And if not, is it something when you fast forward to when you're negotiating with the Bengals, You're probably, I would assume because one year. Obviously I've never signed a big deal, but I had a big deal. Oh, definitely, no question. I'm not sleeping on the boy. I'm just speaking from my experience. I played on a torn PCL to try and help get us to the playoffs. We end u missing the playoffs, a winning game at the very end of the year, and then the next year, I was a restricted free agent. I don't know I was exclusive rights before that because I was a pea squad guy. But in my head, I'm thinking I'm the captain starter. They might take care of me and extend me instead of just putting a tender on me, or if they put a tender on me, hopefully they put like a high round tender versus just like a just a low round tender. And when it doesn't happen, there's part of you that's pissed off because when you're trying to get back on the field, like I played on the PCO within nine days, got back on day nine, I was playing in the fucking game.
Speaker 2: I had like two tackles. But they want to be out there to signal, call and do all.
Speaker 3: That kind of thing, which I was about, like you, you're ready to fucking die on the field for the boys, but being honorable doesn't get you paid. When you're going through the negotiations, are you thinking to yourself like working that hard to get back, especially for the Super Bowl, Like you're doing whatever it takes to be out there, even though you tore your mcl. Is there a bitterness that you carry with like when it's like, hey, are we not are we not thinking that? Like, guys, I want to be here and I'll do whatever it takes to be a Bengal to have I not shown that these past seven years and definitely in recency, like trying to get back to the super Bowl, Like are you thinking about those things?
Speaker 6: I mean at the time, definitely not right Like at the time, at the time, my agent had been like, hey, like don't kill yourself out.
Speaker 3: Your agent's probably trying to talk you out of playing, Like hey, he didn't go like he was just like good but usually they're like, don't do it, don't don't play injured, don't ever play injured, and the players A I was like, fuck it, like we're we're trying to win games.
Speaker 6: He was more like, and to be honest, I didn't know how much I was. I didn't think I was gonna play the whole game. I thought I was gonna be like situational, like fifteen twenty plays. I'm out there for the first play because I was like, all right, nice whatever, and coaches like my position. Coach is like you're good, and I was like, yeah, I'm good, and he just kept He was like like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm good, but also take care of me, like pull me back when you think I need to be pulled leg.
Speaker 6: But like first half good, second half, forty five minute halftime it's like holy, Like really if it's hell now is tough. But yeah, I mean at the time, I'm not thinking of anything, dude. I'm just like, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Fast forward to the negotiation period. Are you everything? Not like that?
Speaker 3: That's that's you thinking like you guys should be taking care of me because I did X, Y and Z, But you're thinking like are we not? Is there no appreciation in fucking it seems like you guys are just slapping me in the face for everything I'm trying to do to play right, which is why, like.
Speaker 6: In my head, I'm like, like, are you gonna throw me a bone? Like are you gonna like are you gonna like, are you gonna show a little appreciation with the fact that I was like it, like, screw this, screw the contracts, threw everything. I'm trying to make sure I'm out there with the boys to win a super Bowl and bring that to the organization and the franchise and like, you know, everything that the city has been like gassing us up for. So yeah, one hundred percent, like that is that is definitely going on in my mind the entire time. Yeah, even the first which is.
Speaker 3: Fair, like that's the human being, the competitor, like the loyalty all that ins which sucks because you got to remove that when it comes to negotiating. But at the same time, you're like, man, like that's not coming from a place of like I feel entitled and I should I deserve this, and I you better give me this or you guys are fucking stupid.
Speaker 2: It's just like damn like this is how it's going down right a bone at all.
Speaker 6: Right, which is then then that takes that which helps take the emotional aspect of it out because you're like, damn, this is actually just cut.
Speaker 2: Throat business, right, It numbs you up, yeah, like real real quick.
Speaker 6: So it again that which makes it a little bit easier just to be like all right, like agent says, hey, just then you know this is how it is cool. I can see that. I can clearly see that. That's how it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Probably texting you what are you hearing? It's not good? Nick? Looking good buddy?
Speaker 6: Hell do hey you look and we'll take we'll take a trip together.
Speaker 3: We talk about the talk about the Super Bowl, like, are there situations that you look back on there where there's like pivotal moments or things could have shaped out this where they are Obviously you play that in your head no matter what. But I mean, this is the first off season removed from that Super Bowl. Are the things that looks back to like, damn, we win it if we do X, Y and Z right here in this moment. Because every player lives in their own movie. Man, if I would have done this or had this play shaped out the way we drawn it up or executed the right way, like we went off this game, like talk us, talk to us about the super Bowl. We're sitting around the fire, Fucking Grandpa's talking.
Speaker 2: To the boys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I'm I'm thinking about it just from my perspective, you know, like I don't know, like certain things like playing playing with my knee and stuff, and like I caught two passes. They were like it was for nothing. It was like a couple of yards whatever, and I'm just thinking, damn, like really I should have I should have made a little fucking corner miss and then I would have been one on one with a defensive end if I just don't get touched by him for a second and stopped and we're on like the twenty yard line at that point, it's all right, cool. I make I like shoved this little less dB off me, and it's a foot race to the end zone. In my mind, to score as opposed to taking a field goal changed the game. Uh, you got certain like yeah, certain like blocks that you're like, damn, like, man, he was kind of in the hole, like the running back really could have just ran off my ash just then, But like did I did I block the hole than I did? So I think of it from that perspective more so than like anybody like saying like, oh wow, this one player, like if we would have done this one a little bit different whatever, Like.
Speaker 3: Was this sickening knowing that Jamar Chase was wide open on that last play? Yeah, sickening for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you think about that too sometimes, Yeah, Like that's.
Speaker 3: What a game though, when like OBJ goes down, are you guys thinking like, all right, like when you guys are about to play the rain ms, you want to go get it Taylor? Maybe hopefully, as he texted the group chat, well then it might not be him.
Speaker 2: What was I saying?
Speaker 6: So OBJ goes down?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, like when you were about to play the RAMS, Like, obviously they're clicking as well. They're at the super they're in the super Bowl, they're fucking obviously we we bloss.
Speaker 2: He's not here, but he's a huge forty nine Ers fan.
Speaker 3: Wh're like blast so that safety doesn't drop that pick Niners are going, yeah, but are there?
Speaker 2: Oh Steve Burns here our next? Yes? Fuck I keep losing. Oh oh I keep objs.
Speaker 3: But like you know, as a as a player, like the human element of all the pieces that they that they have because they have a lot of fucking trilling on their team, obviously picking up von Miller late in the year, OBJ middle this season, but when OBJ goes down as one of those things to where you're like, all right, hey, we can get this even more because as one of their best.
Speaker 6: Players go down, it was actually, that's not even like the thought process. The thought process was we knew, like we knew that the field felt kind of weird, right, like the paint, the paint they had to keep going over it in the middle of the field really, and so we kind of as a team, like offensively, we were like, hey know, like that's the spot you got to like control yourself, like you got to be way more controlled, don't run too full speed, Like that's what that's what that's what we talked about. That's what I told the tight ends immediately. That's what the tight end coach told us immediately. That's kind of what we told some of the receivers like, hey, just don't even know, like that's part of the field's a little fucking weird, like the paint is. It's a spot where OBJ tours name, just the paint in the middle of the field in general was it was a little it was a little it was just different, you know what I'm saying. So it was a little more slick because they were put a little bit too much, not too much, but they just put a little more paint there. So we didn't personally, I didn't think, damn, nice, this is our shot. Like it was like, be the be careful like in that spot because that's where because we couldn't walk there for the team pictures because they were still going over it during team pictures the day before, and so that's the only thing that was on my mind was if I'm around this area, especially with my knee, like I gotta I got a tempo.
Speaker 2: Damn that sucks to here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like that's like yeah, especially if that's where him doing it there too, Like that sucks.
Speaker 2: That sucks.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 2: That was like a thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you played in London? Yeah, I feel like London is it's got a little slickness too. Yeah, but I'm biased.
Speaker 6: I love London, dude. I'm a big soccer guy. So like, oh that was historic, that's historic. I was going crazy.
Speaker 3: I hated having the whole fly over there thing. Did you guys fly over on Thursday or did you spend a week over.
Speaker 2: This day doing rutal? Fucked?
Speaker 6: Did you guys? Wait, did you do anything the night before? Like did you have a team activity or something? I don't think so. I just remember I was trying to catch up on sleep and shit like that. The first time we went over there, we had a team activity on London Tower Bridge.
Speaker 2: You don't have no, we had nothing like that.
Speaker 5: We did.
Speaker 6: You don't have a police escort. We were in the car for like two and a half hours. We got there for thirty minutes, and they're like, damn, y, we didn't We didn't think this one through.
Speaker 2: We gotta go back. Oh, I'm like, what the hell are we doing out here?
Speaker 3: Because our practice feels like we had the bus for I felt like quite a bit to go over this little like middle school baseball field that we practiced on.
Speaker 2: Brutal. Yeah, we did that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, when you land, like your sleep is that night like as you're on the plane, you're supposed to be your sleep dudes are popping like the sleeping fields.
Speaker 2: What is the ambience meloton?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I'm not talking the natural meloton and I'm talking, yeah, we gotta go out, Yeah, yeah, we gotta go out. And then you land and it's Friday morning, right, so fast Friday begins when you get all your.
Speaker 2: Stuff at the hotel.
Speaker 3: Brutal. It's a brutal experience. Due then you fly back right after the game. We played the Bengals and we fucking tied. When I was on Washington, that that.
Speaker 6: Was that's the team. That's the time that I'm talking about. That's the time we were there.
Speaker 2: You were there. Fuck yeah, That's when I'm like, yo, we had a we had a brutal was that game to go back and forth? And then hey we got the ball out on Andy?
Speaker 6: When my god, we're over here too. And everyone knows I'm a huge soccer fan. Everyone knows I'm a huge soccer fan. And I'm like, I'm like, I can't believe we came over here and tide and everyone's like, yeah, these these British people, they are used to this shit. They watched soccer all the time. They're used to zero zero, one, one two too. That doesn't mean shit to them, that means something else. I was like, no, this shit still sucks, Like you.
Speaker 2: Didn't know how to celebrate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you kind of feel like you won, but then you see the kicker and you know, like, hey man, it's all good because the kickers are basically missed.
Speaker 2: So I guess you guys turned it over. Did your a kicker get a shot? No?
Speaker 6: We had that turnover?
Speaker 3: Yeah, bros, nuts man, and you don't know how to feel. You're like, are we going to party on the plane ride back? Or people still party?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 6: I was like, I was like, dude, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Everybody still party. I didn't party either, but everybody partied on the way back. I didn't party. No, No, I don't drink.
Speaker 6: Definitely don't remember too much of the plane, right.
Speaker 2: He was asleep. Is there anything I'm not hitting on? Boys? Super Bowl? Okay? Oh can you talk about that? It's right now. There are some there were some storylines out there. Can I can I you and k Adams?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can I?
Speaker 3: One of the hosts of Hang On, Let Me Ball, she's just touch she's for the boys. We're a big fan of k Adams over here. But there are obviously some tabloids going around, you know, the magazines of Walmart showing that you know, you and k Adams were a thing. Seems like you're both very private about your dating life, so there was never any truth to be brought from it.
Speaker 2: However, are you dating Adams? No?
Speaker 6: No, I wasn't, And I am relatively private about like I like, I like being private about my stuff, especially like honestly, especially now being in New York. It's reckless, like people like if someone I was talking to some of the Mets players and like, hey, like my girl like kind of deletes her or like goes private and does all this random ship because she would just get blown up by people. I'm like, all right, that's good to know. Good, Like even if you're not doing anything, it's like, oh, no, I've been. It's just like his name is Pete Alonso, Pete, I fucking love you. And he was just like, hey, I'm gonna be honest. I've been with my girl since high school. And she still gets blown up. She knows I'm with her that night, and she's getting blown.
Speaker 2: Up about him playing in the game.
Speaker 6: No, just like him like, oh yeah, I was with Pete last night, blah blah blah, And she's like what the fuck, what the who the hell even is this?
Speaker 2: Like I was with you last night.
Speaker 6: Like yeah, so I'm private in that regard, thankfully, but I like then something comes out and they're like, oh shit, is this true? And I don't want to say anything because I'm like, dude, I'm private, I'm not trying to like say whatever.
Speaker 2: But no, like we were.
Speaker 6: We were homies, like good people like you said, she's for the boys, she's a good person, she's awesome being on like Good Morning Football. I was like, oh, this is dope. Whatever. But now we were not. We were not dating.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna. I'm gonna. I'm not gonna.
Speaker 7: I'm no.
Speaker 2: We were not.
Speaker 6: We were not.
Speaker 2: We were not just getting my hand out there. I know that sound's gonna look for from you, JB.
Speaker 6: Then you're gonna put me like dre this water bottle right here in his hand. You're gonna like photoshop his hand there so it looks like.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it. Yeah, shut weader of this episode. So bring you one of our sponsors, which is a Duke Cannon. Duke Cannon is not just an incredible Instagram account that you should go and follow with all the memes and the funny shit going on. You're not gonna even realize that they got all the bathtub stuff going. I say the bathtub stuff, you know I'm talking about. I talking about the bodyatch talking about the deodorant, the shampoo that goes in your that goes in your hair and makes you feel phenomenal. Dude. They have the cool dry rub on for what's it called deodorant that you put on and you keep moving, Dude, you keep moving into ANFI feels like an AC unit literally in your armpits. It's that good. When your boarder was on the road wandering which way is up and if I'm gonna make it through this life. Duke Cannon kept me cool the entire time, dude, not only with the fucking deodorant that I've brought up six times now, but that big ass brick of soak that you rub on your body, which will knows now you put in the pouch. Dude, you rub it up a little bit. That changed my life. Like you clean the skin off, you clean all that. It just feels fantastic. Check out Duke Canon Duke Cannon at any target or on Duke Cannon dot com and use code Busting for fifty percent off your first order.
Speaker 3: Back to the episode, should we get into tear talk. It's a fun one. We came up with this one. The boys came up with this one yesterday. So our tear talk this week is going to be best grades in school growing up, kindergarten K through or I mean, if you remember the preschool days, you want to throw preschool shout out preschool through grade twelve. That is what our tear talk's going to be, tearing them one through three? Your top three your favorite grades growing up? Do you want to go first?
Speaker 2: Or do we make the back of the bus go first?
Speaker 6: We make the back of the bus go first? For sure?
Speaker 5: Is a collective effort?
Speaker 6: For like, how we collective?
Speaker 2: Do you do?
Speaker 6: We usually do collective efforts.
Speaker 2: Only done at once.
Speaker 7: Usually it's just the guests and will who do the tear talks, and we'll do shout outs.
Speaker 2: But I mean we can.
Speaker 5: I think we can rattle off like a tier three pretty easily, at least for me.
Speaker 2: We all might have different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, go ahead, like JP might have got bullied in certain grades, so he might not remember him the right way.
Speaker 2: Check the tape.
Speaker 1: I was prom king, oh talk your shit senior year, my so my favorite were we all just going to say our favorite.
Speaker 2: We're going to give you three.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh yeah, right, our favorite.
Speaker 2: Fifth grade for sure, I was peaking athletically.
Speaker 1: We had the fastest mile time, fastest pacer test, or most laps on the pacer test, fastest swimmer in the county in twenty five meter freestyle. I made a half court shot at a high school basketball game at halftime and everybody was going crazy and I.
Speaker 2: And the coach came up to me. He's like, I can't wait till you're in high school.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Hey. I was like, oh my guys, I'm rap.
Speaker 3: Which that's real though, bro, Like that's part of one of my descriptions, Like, but that is fucking real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So fifth grade.
Speaker 7: For me, obviously honorable mentioned. Senior year is great for everyone. But if you senior years number one, you just had a shitty upbringing in high school means that you had to wait till your last year already.
Speaker 2: You should You shouldn't have said that. I was hoping.
Speaker 5: So for me, it's freshman year of high school.
Speaker 7: You just love middle school and you were the top dog and now you're the lowest on the totem pole. You thought you were cool and you were like truly dog shit to everyone that walks the halls. But if you were special like myself, you might've been friends with a couple of upper upper classmens. Juniors and the seniors I you know, start running around with you start tapping up.
Speaker 5: Some of the homies in the hallway. You think you're cool.
Speaker 7: But I remember my sister she rated on me to my mom freshman year and she was like, Jack cannot be hanging out with kids in my grade anymore.
Speaker 2: She's like, like they're starting to like.
Speaker 5: Him more than me.
Speaker 2: And like I'm like, hey, like I don't know what to tell you, like, and I was.
Speaker 7: I was a like short, little fat kid freshman year, so it was like it was it was an adversity battle all uphill. But for me, freshman year there's so much potential and like opportunity for growth. You really don't have too much going on. It's easy classes and yeah, the whole change of scenery. So freshman year's tier one.
Speaker 6: So you've you've been in the cougars off Rep Pine, you've always been.
Speaker 2: What do you got, Garrett? Uh, I'm gonna go with sophomore year for some of the same reasons.
Speaker 8: Hanging out with the older guys on our lacrosse team that used to just take me around all the time to all the parties. So that's always fun when you're a young dude and sophomore year because that's usually when you get your driver's license.
Speaker 2: And so is that from it's that first time, like like you freshman.
Speaker 3: Year's fusing your guys descriptions because like, oh damn, here's the senior year. It's okay, no, I'm talking about You're right about sophomore year when you get your driver's license.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because you you you're still young, but then you get that little bit of like I'm free, like I can just drive myself places now now you can like pile in your homies to drive places.
Speaker 2: So I think sophomore year for me was like that one year where you're like, all right, let's get it.
Speaker 6: That's big time. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you guys just saying your tier ones. Yeah, this freshman sophomore I like those picks.
Speaker 2: Boys. I do think that's very good. I think you guys are very fucking good.
Speaker 6: All right, c J, I'm in I'm in Sara's seats, so I'm gonna go last.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, You're first. No no, no, no, no, you're you you go first.
Speaker 3: Actually, if Taylor is on today, I was gonna make the case that I believe I should go last because I feel like the record recently is displayed that I've earned the spot the right to go last.
Speaker 6: I mean, I usually you all say, like guests is right, but that's fine, Yeah, I'll go first. I like, I like, I like what, I like what the first? Yes, that's usually go first. And it was a toss up for me, it really was. It was between for tier one. It was between start with Tier three, start with your three.
Speaker 3: You build it up, build it up, and if you if you've listened, so if you get crafty, you can throw in a little.
Speaker 6: Well, my honorable mention is pre k nap time.
Speaker 2: Oh so you have a pre k honorable mention. I love that.
Speaker 6: Always pre K nap time was goaded like and I remember it. I remember just being like, oh nice, Like on the playground, you're running around, you're going crazy, you get back in, you got your nap time. That nap time was I mean electric, like that's what more? Right now, we're in practice, right, we have the craziest we go through camp Coach says, you know what, no meetings, nap time.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 3: Nat Time was a nightmare for me because I went to bens as a teenager, so anytime I fell asleep, it was like Freddy Krueger's coming for me.
Speaker 2: And I'd wake up with a soaked cot you know what I mean. And then I'm the kid.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to blame the kid next to your figure out how I get out of this situation. So pre k, like you know, naptime was always like staying over friend's houses, like there was there's some chess being played. As I went over there, I would have the doctor told my mom that I had to stop drinking kool Aid by seven pm.
Speaker 6: Stop drinking kool aid in general. Then just drink water or something.
Speaker 3: Well, stop drinking liquid, like the liquid like there was no water when you're a young kid. It's like, give me some kool aid. That's facts, Like water was boring. You're not about like water tastes shitty when you're a little kid.
Speaker 6: Keep going with my tears, but I just want to say that whatever your tier list is, if it is a grade that's under thirteen, like under the age of being thirteen. I'm gonna judge you a little bit because I'm gonna be like, damn, Like it's a good year for you still in the bed a little bit, like that's tough.
Speaker 2: I still have some prime years.
Speaker 6: That's fine. So Tier three we're gonna go one year after pre k kindergarten. Misshead A Summer loved the class thought I was. I thought I was the coolest person I ever had. Wait, what grade is this kindergarten? You're going pre king kindergarten for three, three and two?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, oh, mention my undergarten Tier three. And it's because it's a multi suit of things. But I thought I was the coolest person because in the classroom I had two girlfriends. I had Rebecca and Madison. I remember all my teachers' names through and through. Miss had a simmer coolest teacher. She was friends with my mom because my mom's a teacher. And in class I could kind of just do whatever I wanted to essentially right like, and it was you have popcorn reading, and it would be like popcorn Rebecca, Rebecca, what popcorn?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 6: Popcorn? Madison? Madison would have popcorn me. I'd be like, damn, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just getting tagged.
Speaker 6: I'm getting hey, look you see what's going on. And then miss Hadmon would be like, okay, you have to popcorn someone else? All right, popcorn DJ. This other kid DJ was in my class. He would pop point it back to me. I'd be like, all right, cool, we did it.
Speaker 2: We're back. We're back on what we're doing. So I thought I was hot.
Speaker 6: Shit.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: It was kindergarten. The Rebecca had an older sister. She was in fifth grade. I'd be like, hey, how are you doing. Her name was Kayla. I was like, hey, how you doing, Kayla. People be like, oh my god, he's talking with eighth grader boom. Tier three, kindergarten. How one was easy?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: Tier two?
Speaker 2: I love that story time. By the way, this guy.
Speaker 6: Here two staying in elementary school, going fifth grade, fifth grade, that was a great I mean, fifth grade was amazing.
Speaker 2: Fifth grade is a really good time.
Speaker 6: So I actually changed schools in fifth grade and I went to McKendree or I went to I went to another school where my mom teaches. Now we're taught and at the time like she's a she's a teacher or whatever. I'm in fifth grade, like oh wow, Like, who are you gonna get for a teacher, Like, you're gonna get the best teacher. If your mom's a teacher, you're gonna get the best teacher out of school. And so I had Miss Thompson. Miss Thompson like my favorite teacher to this to this day. She was awesome. I was a little ship. I talked a lot. There's there are certain times where she would put me in this little like spot that had a cubby in it whatever. But like after hours, it was me Tanner and Tyler who their mom. Their mom was also a teacher down the hall from my mom, and we would just like we would just do whatever whatever the hell we wanted to in the school. We're going to the cafeteria. We had this little ball that we would play with. We throw it that shit like break some ship. There's flags that hang down in the cafeteria of all the countries. We'd be like messing with those, switching them around like we were absolute menaces. I was in the UH. I was in the play. I was the lead and humpty dumpty.
Speaker 2: I was great.
Speaker 6: You can pull this picture. I'll send you boys a picture so you can like the lead and humpty dumpty. No, come on, I was going crazy. It was it was fifth grade solid. I mean, that wasn't peak, but that was close. That was as close to peak as you can get. So that's Tier two, Tier number one. It got taken already.
Speaker 2: It's okay, that's right, but.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with g on this one. Tier one. Sophomore year of high school, absolutely electric, one of the most memorable times of my life. Started getting offers for for college there, started playing in varsity uh as a receiver at the time, got my license, didn't even use my license for the most part because I had a senior take me to class or take me to school every day. Senior senior girl.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you're gonna say like.
Speaker 6: Team she was, she was. She was captain of the basketball team. But she was my homie. So I met she was like an actual, like really good friend. So I met my prom date. Yep, I'll give you that. I met my prom date sophomore year through her, who was a volleyball player who went to Wake Forest six two. I'm sophomore year. I'm still six five six whatever, Like I'm still the same size. So you see two big ass people.
Speaker 2: Coming to prom me this.
Speaker 6: I was one of two sophomores that went to our problem fire.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 6: I was like, damn, this is sick. I come in with Megan. I'm like, damn, you see our tall asses out here, we're avatars. You see what's going on. It was, I mean, it was go to the playoffs, go deep in the playoffs, scoring the playoffs, like starting, I mean, it was just sophomore year.
Speaker 2: Sophomore year is a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm sitting here listening to you guys talking like man, I enjoyed my life growing up right, like life was fun, life was good. It's it's actually hard to choose out of these honorable mention. I'm with Jack on this one. Like I think everybody enjoyed their senior year. My senior year, Like senior year was fucking awesome. Homecoming King, all this stuff going to Nebraska, all that stuff coming king.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait, who was one step down?
Speaker 6: Who was not who was not in? Who was not homecoming in here?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: No? What maybe maybe at your school, at our school was all about homecoming. That's early in the year, yea, ours ours was all about homecoming.
Speaker 2: Was like a joke. You week spear week. Yeah, no, so we did.
Speaker 6: We did the whole nights because I was homecoming thing too. So prom King and Queen for us was like, like you just picked two people that you want to date to be homecoming King and Queen that they finally just like kiss if we were just eggerman to kiss. So that's what our prom King and Queen was. So I'm with you, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I'm with you. He o, yeah, go off.
Speaker 3: But yeah, honorable mention, you got to give shots. A senior year Senior was absolutely unbelievable. I think you guys said so many fucking good things. Has sparked a lot of memories. Uh the freshman year, vibe hitter, Sophomore year with the driver's license incredible. My tier three I'm going to shout out. Uh wait, it's not a shout out segment, but my tier three is junior year.
Speaker 2: Junior year was all time.
Speaker 3: Yes, as freshman year, you're like the you're like the little well no one gives a shit about you. Side note varsity freshman year, the boys, the seniors took care of the boy. I never got taped, I never got haze, so I could have I was thinking about putting freshman year in there, but Jack explained freshman year very well, if you were cool enough to be like have a couple of connects. Uh.
Speaker 2: But as you go through high.
Speaker 3: School, you are now like junior year, you're now close with the seniors, right like being being like a good athlete. You're in with the guys who are right ahead of you. They're the studs. You can like you play your role. You're a stud yourself, but you know, you let the seniors continue to do all that whatever that they want to do.
Speaker 2: But you're tight. Everybody's tight with each other.
Speaker 3: Junior year I was also I got my high my my high school girlfriend at the time, who was like my like my best friend growing up. So it's kind of like a one tree hill moment when you get like your girlfriend. It was junior year for me.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: The boy was all stay wide receiver. I started getting idea I wasn't as fortunate as you. My offer started to roll in junior year, so you just felt like the big dog on campus. You started to get ranked on like rivals and shit, I was a Nike MVP at one of the camps. Like junior year was a very prosperous year for young William, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Awesome. My tier two, my tier one, Tier two.
Speaker 3: I'm sure with all of us these can all be interchangeable, because we'd all love to go back to school right now. But my tier two is going to be fourth grade, So fourth grade for me, and you guys know, the boy loves dairy Queen. I love blizzards, I love all of it.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: I went to a Catholic school in grades one through four, and every day because our class was made up of three grades, there were seven of us in the class. Combined three grades, there was four. There was four fourth graders, one fifth grader, and two sixth graders. And it was me, Logan Chuck like boys that I'm boys with to this day. And we just like we had dairy Queen for lung every day every day, Bro, you got to order dairy Queen. You got like a little cup of ice cream, you got the burger where I'm not lying, huh No, this is at school because there wasn't that many kids. Like in the entire school there was it was grades maybe preschool through preschool through sixth grade, and in fourth or six there's only seven kids total in the entire classroom. But fourth grade like getting to order dairy Queen in the sports world, like that was our first year playing tackle football. And when I say I might have one of the best fourth grade highlight tapes out there, comparable to like Reggie Bush in college and Tavon Austin in high school. Will in fourth grade was a different fucking animal. I might have to go I might have to go through I might have to go through that old footage and put a little Yeah, I got some tape the VCRs, you know, like I had.
Speaker 2: I had the parents to wear.
Speaker 3: My dad's on the sideline with me in my filming the entire game type of I had that kind of family.
Speaker 2: It was fucking awesome. Those were the days.
Speaker 3: And one day I scored six touchdowns boys, I'm talking four on the ground. I'm talking five on the ground and one on defense for a pick six. And I was living the dream. I was playing baseball that year. We're ten years old, so I'm on the ten year old team. I made it to the All Star team. Our ten year old team made it all the way to the Little League World Series in the cal Ripken Junior League. However, they didn't tell us until after we won Regionals. We go through district We lost in this set, we lost in the we lost in the quarter, so we had to come back in the loser's bracket.
Speaker 2: Beat the team twice to win. In districts.
Speaker 3: State, we walked through State. We sweep them. We fucking ten run rule those boys. We ten run rule those boys in four innings in State. It was Sikeston.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: Then we get to the regionals. We go up to Iowa, go to the Field of Dreams. We get to do that whole thing. We go to Iowa.
Speaker 2: We're at regionals.
Speaker 3: I find three hundred dollars under my hotel bed at a red roof in I thought I was fucking living. We go to like one of the big balls or whatever, and I'm like spending this three hundred thinking it came unclaimed. We took it to the front desk, but nobody claimed this three hundred dollars. So I'm rich. You're rich as a fucking ten year old kid with three hundred dollars. And then we go to regionals. We lose in the second round. We come all the way back and beat Kansas twice in the championship to win. Our coach comes over to us, says, boys, I didn't want to have to break this to you because we didn't want to take away from the experience. But they just they informed us when we got here at the start of the tournament that the cow Ripken Junior they weren't gonna have a ten year old, the ten year old tournament representing in the World Series.
Speaker 2: So they basically just like they hosted us at the World Series.
Speaker 3: We got to like step out in the middle of the field and wave and do all that. But baseball and football prime year's fourth grade. Now my tier one the way I just read it off, fourth grade that I might have to just say, that's.
Speaker 6: My fot to make some notes because I'm gonna let you keep talking.
Speaker 3: My my tier one I'm going to say is eighth grade was my most fun time in school because seventh grade, like you know, no, no, this is hang on, this is my time, Like let's not let's.
Speaker 2: Not try to kill the vibe what we do with So eighth grade. Yeah, yeah, my tier one is eighth grade.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you why, because we have a fucking hater literally right next to me.
Speaker 2: But I will not let him. I will not let him bring this adversity to me.
Speaker 3: So you know how I said in junior year, when you're tight with those boys that are seniors, when you're in seventh grade, they're kind of like when you're like that, how old are you then? Like when you're in those like early teenage years, twelve thirteen, those early like teenage years.
Speaker 2: Like the boys are kind of like not you.
Speaker 3: You keep it tight with your guys the grade above you are kind of like assholes are kind of dicks.
Speaker 2: They think they're the man.
Speaker 3: We're kind of You're kind of entering out of elementary school going into seventh grade. You don't feel like the big dog yet. But eighth grade when I say, we got to run around and do whatever we wanted because all my boys's teachers were moms, and one of my favorite teachers of all times, missus keeekik shot out miss key kick no free shoutouts. Pre algebra was the best fucking time. I'm talking. That's when you're wheeling and dealing candy bars for your baseball league.
Speaker 2: Look at me all you want.
Speaker 3: That's big time when you were making money side hustling and eating candy bars in class. Not only that, but eighth grade high jump record, four by one record, four by two record, relay high jump record, and I was also like the hurdle district champion. Maybe the peak of my entire athletic career was in eighth grade. But yeah, my tier one is definitely eighth grade. I felt like the vibes were the highest. We were the boys were the best of friends. That's when I started sprinting to the cafeteria for lunchtime, not caring who's in my way. We knew the principal, one of my boys dads. He was the principal the fucking school. Like we ran it bro and it was fucking awesome. And I was on my travel baseball team. We were number one in the state this year. The rage shout out the rage, no free shoutouts that ten year old team that won in fourth grade. They stayed together, They stayed together and created a fucking dynasty. And we went all the way to eighth grade and we were number one in the state. We got third in the Gold division in the World Series. That's my uh, that's my tear talk.
Speaker 2: All right, you got them. There will be no honorable mention. There will be no honorable mention. You heard of me, said there will be no honorable mention. My Tier three is going to be my sophomore year of high school. It was a fantastic year. We won the state championship. We went fifteen to o oh wow, that is a good year. A good year. I made my like my best core friend group I've ever had, like for as long as we've been friends. It was unbelievable that hurt.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I saw some sadness in the eyes.
Speaker 3: So No, once you said a core group of friends forever, and I'm thinking, like, oh shit, like yeah, that's a pivotal time, Like you keep it talking.
Speaker 2: Freshman year, like I was still trying to like figure out it was coming out of eighth grade, which was a fucking like, oh my god, a year for me. It was awful. And so freshman year was really just trying to get the training wheels back on and figure out how to go through this life without being a degenerate. And then sophomore year hit and I was like a part of this crew. We call each other the Sexy six. If you look back back on pictures, we definitely weren't the Sexy six, but it was Kenny Croden uh Codys January Uh fucking Anthony Stevens, Tommy Nevin, Nick Bennett, and myself the fucking boys dude, and we went every weekend we would go to Anthony's house. He had the side, little little place, little guest house called the Cavoni, and we would just figure out any way we could to find beer and we'd have like parties over there, and we would like Anthony was like our fearless leader, and that was like the first time I left, I was like, damn, Like, all you really need is friends bigger than myself. Yeah, yeah, yeah, all I really need is friends. And we won State got a ring playing nose tackle. Your boy had eight tackles, two TFLs, a sack fumble, thumb recovery that game. Wow, and your boy was fucking ball. Shout out Sean January for having one hundred and forty seven tackles that your two fucking we latedly had. Older brother. Fucking let me tell you about a heart throw boys, stud stud paper bones though that kid would break everything. Ah. That is my tier three. My Tier two is first grade because it was gonna be kindergarten in Miss Berlin's class. You were in Miss Brown's class for kindergarten and first but kindergarten low key, like you're kind of finding out the dynamics of how the real world's gonna work. It was just like the first time in school unless you went to like preschool, but that she really don't even count either. First grade. Your boy probably peaked from a popularity standpoint, dude. There was this girl in my class. She was a twin. Her name was Courtney Billy, and I missed her this day. Dude. I had the biggest crush on her. That's what I found out. I liked girls. And I also had a lion king lunchbox that I would walk into the cafeteria with holding like this, and all of the kids would be like, yeah, like, fire it up on it, and I'd put it down in the middle and I'd open it up and eat my fucking wonderbred with turkey and che probably, or if your boy was real lucky, you just kind of open it and shake it and there it comes out the uncrustable back, not the ancressible, the lunchable pack. But it was just a fantastic year. Not a whole lot of responsibility. My biggest issue was there was a carpet with letters around it, and it was my job every single day to be able to sit at the tea and if I didn't get the t it was a bad day, and if I got to the t it was a good day. That was kind of like the be all end all of how my day was going to go. So I think first grade was definitely number two to me and my number one, dude. Contrary to popular belief, on this bus goes to a phenomenal All American senior year. I thought senior year was the coolest shit. I had so much fun. Your boy, played two football games, send those tape in, became an All American, got thirty offers in three months. It was a wild It was a wild ascend into football here. All of a sudden, I was way more handsome and attracted to all the girls. I was given out my jersey left, right and center, abusing my power, having so much fun, dude, feeling like the top dog on campus. It was a fucking blast. Lost two games that year, one a Soorro twenty one to zero and the next one to fucking Soorrow in the state championship thirty eight to zero. But oh god, yeah, yeah, they have some boys out there coming after him to like remember that first game, boys, well in that first game. In that first game, Dwayne Garrett, who you met at that that that steakhouse, the running back couldn't can't catch anything, cannot That dude had brick hands, goes up, snipes a double hand grab in the back of the end zone to make it seven to seven going into halftime. I thought you lost thirty eight nothing. Yeah, but there was a penalty holding ould masks number seventy seven. That shit went back. Bro, he brings that shit up to this day. That's how he caught the ball like I've never seen, like an Odell from like twenty fourteen type catch two hands with two hands. I took that shit away from him. Bro. Cried my fucking face off after we lost that first game. Cried went to shake hands, might get your fucking hand on my face. Bro, wouldn't shake no hands. You know that second game too, they thought they were comple I'm about to take everyone. I'm taking lives today. Get your teammates next to you. That Friday night light speech, clear eyes, fool hard. Can't lose, damn bro. And if we played one more times we would have lost ten more times. They were so much better than us. They had like eight dudes go d one on offense and defense, offense and defense sixers and their teams didn't go d one. Who went first round though? None? Come on, dude, that's right, Jackie, that's right, Jackie. Fucking take that, jack What are you thinking? It? His t your talk?
Speaker 5: I love it, And for me personally, my senior year kicked ass too. I love senior year. When we go check the tape, you will see how I had an honorable mention to senior year.
Speaker 7: I I just think everyone senior year, hopefully, if you played your cards right, it was just out of this world. If you're saying senior year is God here, yes, but I didn't. I didn't say God tyre in there. I give it an honorable mention if I had played right, If you had a uh.
Speaker 3: If you have to say senior year is your number one, then your childhood growing up was tough.
Speaker 2: Basically you didn't have other grades to compete. Well, I have to just check the tape. Okay, guys, the way will very negative, I know, will I go, uh? They go? What would be your number one? Your schools like, oh, senior year and they both told I look at each other and I'm like, Yo, what the fuck did I say? Some wrongs are singing in my mouth? It's sing like, oh yo, yo, they were. You could tell when I'm afraid of Jack. When I said it on the bus, you could tell that there.
Speaker 7: Was some very scary fear if you said senior year, you're going to get dogged.
Speaker 2: But that that wasn't where I was going with it. But I read the maybe I read the room wrong, the energy wrong. Damn, bro. High school for real is the best, though middle school looks he is the worst fucking bro awful Like that's just when pebody's starting to hit Dude, you don't know which ways up? Yeah, but you get Seventh grade was a good year, though, because I learned to master get it roll. Say that's when you get it wrong, you get it rolling. I was gonna say, yeah, you start looking at her cranking them out, Yes, yeah, looking at them home good, different way you.
Speaker 3: Look at a poster the wrong way, bro, So he's an ivy batman. Come on now what Well, now we're back to the episode.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: It got to where Baseball's.
Speaker 3: Travel was all year round, and I was burnt out on it, and I was way more excited for like seven on seven. Like when I got asked to do varsity and partake in the seven on seven my freshman year, I was like, on cloud nine. It gives me goosebumps. I got chills right now thinking about it. When I got to go work out with the varsity early in the morning, you're like, you like having protein chicks for the first time, Like you're like the fucking like, you're gonna do it. Yeah, And then they're like asking you to go play on the seven on seventeen and it's just like that was during the summer.
Speaker 2: So I kind of just nicked baseball to that.
Speaker 6: No, I forgot to talk about seven on seven on seven's are were I think now it's a little a little more political and there's like different teams and stuff, but seven on seven with your high school team, there was nothing better awesome. I mean, we we we traveled to Bama, we traveled to South Carolina like you guys, oh yeah, no, like even you guys traveled to different schools yea, and like Lil Wayne was bumping every single time. Bro Carter three was going crazy, and I mean it was that was that was life for sure, So I'm with you on that.
Speaker 3: Why the laughter on eighth grade, let's talk about it.
Speaker 6: Middle school, like talking to middle school was the that's the worst of the three elementary middle high school. That's the middle school to me is it's the worst.
Speaker 3: Oh, you start figuring out how to work the boy downstairs. You started learning about porn in eighth grade. I'm okay, cool, those are incredible times.
Speaker 2: Cool, cool.
Speaker 3: Learning about you can friend's dad clean up the computer because there were viruses all over it, and we tried blaming everybody else obviously except ourselves.
Speaker 2: You have to at that point, it sounded so proud saying that.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, there's like good times in eighth grade, man, before you go to high school, before you have to grow up for real.
Speaker 6: But you don't though, like, wait, well, how many people were in your high school because you.
Speaker 3: Grade Okay, so it's different once after fourth grade, I didn't. We were out of Catholic private and then we went to uh we went to public school. So our graduating class, mind was two hundred and forty.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's a little that's a little better, for sure.
Speaker 3: I just loved eighth grade, bro, Like when I say, like all of our boys like their teachers, their their parents were teachers, and like one of my boys dad was like the principal, and you started like so a little league playing football growing up. The last year was seventh grade. They nicked the middle school football seventh grade program. Back when I was there, they were asking me to play in eighth grade as a seventh grader in the community the league or there were whisperserve rumors about it. It never happened, it never transpired. But like getting in the eighth grade was like the leg time you get to put on for your school and start traveling all around and playing other teams like in the area versus just playing community foot tackle football.
Speaker 6: Did you guys have like an A B team or no?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're talking about eighth grade.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, the eight TEA would play and then the B team goes out there for like a quarter or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well no, we we had two just different teams. Like we had like an A uh North A and a North one at B. Like there were two separate teams.
Speaker 2: It was like.
Speaker 6: Both play on Friday, but just different like different team team A. Yeah right, yeah, but like not for like just like people would come out. You'd watched the B team play and then the eight team would play right afterwards, so you play four quarter. We had a big I mean it was a big school, so like we had a lot of people just playing. If it just sucked, dude, I don't know, like seventh grade socks. Sixth grade sucks, like damn, you got these periods. Now you're going out, Like damn, I don't have just one teacher. I gotta go to this teacher, and I gotta go to that teacher. We had trailers. I'm like, dude, I'm out in the trailers. I'm in eighth grade. Why the hell am I walking out to the trailers.
Speaker 3: But before school, you would have like that home room and we would always have like certain games that go on.
Speaker 2: So say you're a home room. Uh, Missus Whorley was my teacher.
Speaker 3: Say you had the home room, right, you would have like inner murals before school, so we would have Missus Worley's class was a team. You would go and play like hockey in the gym before school started. Like to me, eighth grade is like fucking like in the morning, like early in the morning. Yeah, did we have to play like innermurals. Like that's when I played all four of the sports. I was probably played football, basketball, baseball.
Speaker 2: And track.
Speaker 3: And that was like the first time doing track, and I was really good at it, as like an eighth grader. And you know, obviously you guys heard the tear talk. I had those records, young king that might still seeing middle school. The one of the things I agree about middle school being like not at the top. For me, it was sixth grade. You have to like use the locker and like get books and go to class. True dress that was the first time you felt stressed in your life. Sixth grade, no doubt. Eighth grade was fun, but we were always in trouble.
Speaker 8: Bro Like we did everything you were talking about, running around, but we were just get in so much trouble.
Speaker 2: So eighth grade like you had to walk on eggshells. It took our eighth grade trip away. Dude, well it, yeah, we got we got some that sucks.
Speaker 6: We got some. Back of the bus driving right now, talking about mid from middle school, I think that's that is exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: Mid JP mid playing the mid I meant to get it up there when you were talking Will and then it just just to fucking be funny.
Speaker 2: Like I have it up there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but even even like you're even like your eighth grade team one state cool? Right, we got number one instant your you said, the baseball Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, ranked first insteak Cool. Did you have three hundred dollars under your mattress when you went to a motel when you were traveling?
Speaker 2: No, eighth grade. No, No, you're right.
Speaker 3: But my man, if you if you listen, if you would have been listening to me, I said, I think we can all agree that all these are interchangeable.
Speaker 2: Like it was I went. I went based off peak athletic career. I felt like, okay, so okay. In eighth grade to me was like I mean I was.
Speaker 3: Don't get me wrong, I was a dog throughout all of it. But eighth grade, to me, those were I feel like the man for real. Like in eighth grade, you're walking around with like ankle weights on because you think you're changing the game, and you ordered out of an East Bay magazine. Like eighth grade, you're starting to figure out a lot more of the East Bay.
Speaker 2: The East Bay magazine, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: And again walking around the ankle weights you take them off right, you take them off right before the game and you feel light as hell on your feet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, then they find out that that's probably not the best right, but at the time to know you you're right, I think. But like, when when did those uh one of those one of those damn balanced bands and the fighting things that's high school.
Speaker 3: Power balance power when I we were talking about that not too long ago. I was in college when those came out.
Speaker 2: So, Boomer, wouldn't you graduate high school eleven?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was two thousand and eight. We were walking around that, we were walking around the brasket tacking, like, hey, you got to get these on. It'll help you working out balance and ship.
Speaker 6: Such a such a I mean, such a con but I mean cool, cool. But like also, they asked you why you didn't just stick with baseball if you're getting paid under the mattress before cop.
Speaker 2: Hang on, I wasn't getting paid No, no, no.
Speaker 6: No, it's cool yeah yeah, yeah for sure. Yeah, come on, I know what it is.
Speaker 2: I know what it is.
Speaker 6: I know what's going on here.
Speaker 2: They're gonna go back and fucking find the coaching staff.
Speaker 6: Like, hey, we know what was going on here. You were paying your players.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, I think that was a good tier talk. It brought up a lot of memories, a lot of memories.
Speaker 6: I think we had a there was a good collective more of this side.
Speaker 2: I respect what you're doing.
Speaker 3: You've botched enough bus with the boys or where you want to create some animosity.
Speaker 2: I respect it. I think this was a good conversation all around.
Speaker 6: I just don't think that. I mean eighth graders just cool. Yes, okay, hang on, hang on.
Speaker 3: Just to try and put myself in your shoes, I see what you mean by saying eighth grade is my tier one, like my top dog. Yeah, I can understand that, but I I I'm just staying in tintos down.
Speaker 2: You hear what you tear? I get Yeah, I'm all in. If I could go back and be you think so, it is crazy, That's what I'm saying. Dude. You weren't getting paid eighth grade.
Speaker 3: But I was getting mentored by the senior high school high jumper who also had the record, and I was going for his record in eighth grade. He was he was mentoring me. Yeah, I tied it five' ten as an eighth grader high.
Speaker 6: Jump you, track, Guy, no but you tied.
Speaker 2: It you. Didn't that's my name is up.
Speaker 3: There if that school is, smart my name is probably up. There. Solo, YEAH i, mean you, know, hey this is a great bustle with the. BOYS i hope he had as much fun AS i.
Speaker 2: DID i. Did this is. Amazing So Zach, wilson that, dog he got that. Dog you, him you.
Speaker 6: Said, It you're this Is this has been a great episode Of busting with The. Boys with The, boys subscribe YouTube, Channel Apple, Pods. Spotify for the love Of, god follow it and subscribe to it.
Speaker 2: All leave a.
Speaker 3: Comment if you're watching YouTube right, now leave a. Comment we had a fucking. Blast good luck to. Season stay. HEALTHY i wish you were on a team THAT i could root. For but there's like a little ANIMOSITY i have with The jets BECAUSE i JUST i think it's fun kind of going back and forth with their fans a little.
Speaker 2: Bit that's.
Speaker 6: Understandable they had a really good fan, base but you should like long fan. Base you got you got, it you got a couple of, boys then now you'll.
Speaker 2: Be no, doubt no.
Speaker 3: DOUBT i will say That i'm definitely cooling for y'all the.
Speaker 2: Fans can we make some jets.
Speaker 3: Gear will you pioneering for us with, us let's fucking.
Speaker 2: Go, hey you need. To you need to.
Speaker 3: Obviously i'm sure you're he's already on your, radar But Gary vee look him up up.
Speaker 2: There, OH i already. Know every already. TALKED i was.
Speaker 6: Saying that people sleep on, that people see on that. NETWORKING i already talked to. Him come, ON i appreciate, you, Bro thank.
Speaker 2: You m