Speaker 1: Second date, up date.
Speaker 2: Grand romantic gestures on a first date good or bad idea.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go bad.
Speaker 1: Romantic.
Speaker 2: I think you're Maybe it does depend on the gesture. Like carving your initials into a tree.
Speaker 3: Sweet, no, terrible for the tree, just stop face.
Speaker 1: Tree, just for the relationship, plant seats and.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Maybe carving initials of all your former victims into the tree, maybe that one's not so sweet?
Speaker 1: Why are they victims of the tree?
Speaker 3: Is also a victim at that point.
Speaker 1: You have to remember them somehow.
Speaker 2: But one of our listeners, Patrick, says he's worried that his grand romantic gesture may have accidentally backfired on it. We'll get to that in just a second, but first, Patrick, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, how are you doing.
Speaker 3: It's always like kind of cringey waiting to hear what you did? What I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's just like outside of maybe even flowers, feels like pushing it on the brook.
Speaker 2: You're already hating on all romantic gestures in any form.
Speaker 1: We haven't even heard what he did. Something really really nice. A firm handshake and an eye contact. Hello, there, be careful with the eye contact. I don't want to be roman.
Speaker 3: What did you do? Actually, who did you go out with? That's where we should start, right, Yeah, what's her name?
Speaker 4: So her name's Ashley. We met up online. Man, I'll tell you she's so beautiful, Like she had the most insane smile.
Speaker 2: That's sweet, an insane smile, like.
Speaker 4: A kind of jokers smile. But then with the tattoos. That really did it for me.
Speaker 1: Are you being serious?
Speaker 4: Totally kidding? Okay, I mean insane in that, Like you don't see this smile every day?
Speaker 3: Oh that's really nice. I look a great smile.
Speaker 5: Can I just ask you on your dating profile did she have any inkling that you were some sort of romantic person?
Speaker 3: Would you describe yourself that way? Can't people describe themselves that way? They can, I just don't swipe to them. But maybe she would like.
Speaker 4: It, you know, No, I don't. I don't like describe myself as a romantic or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she didn't know it's coming either.
Speaker 2: I think the key to a grand romantic gesture is to be surprising someone with it, not telling people. I'm gonna surprise you with a grand romantic gesture.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 3: How many surprises on a first date have we heard that ends?
Speaker 1: Well, Well, if they're.
Speaker 2: Coming to us, there's got to be a good one, though, tell us that you came up with a good one, Patrick, Well, I think so.
Speaker 4: So basically, we talked for a few days. Right, we go out to this like mom and pop pizza shop because our chemistry seemed like it was really good. Okay, okay, invite her out to this place, right, literally the best pizza I've ever had.
Speaker 5: Got nice, dude, So what was it like when you first saw Well.
Speaker 4: Like I said, her smile was insane. It made me want to go crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a sweet comment to you.
Speaker 5: It sounds a little psychotic because he keeps using the word insane, but I know what he means, and I just think it's nice, like a welcoming, beautiful smile.
Speaker 1: Her beautiful eyes made me want to have a mental.
Speaker 2: Breakdown, truly, that isgest Okay, what was the grand romantic gesture?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: I want to know.
Speaker 4: So, as we're like walking into this pizza place, there's this guy that's selling flowers on the corner, And like I said, I'm not really one to be romantic, but it felt right and when you're walking by, You're like, that seems like a nice idea.
Speaker 1: Okay, get her some flowers.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, So he's sewing these bouquets like twenty bucks.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 4: I only had fifteen bucks.
Speaker 1: You, Oh no, whatould you do?
Speaker 3: Ask you to spot your five bucks so she could get her some flowers?
Speaker 2: Hey, buddy, why don't you take like sixteen petals off?
Speaker 4: So she even offered to like give me the other five bucks.
Speaker 3: You can't help you openly said.
Speaker 4: No, she offered, first of all. Second of all, I said, no, okay, what is like? I will give you one red rose for fifteen bucks, which feels like an even worse idea on a first date. Red roses or like love. And I'm not trying to be weird about it. I just thought it was nice. I don't know.
Speaker 3: So you did it. You spent the fifteen dollars in one red rose.
Speaker 2: Twenty minutes later intogling for some flowers looking us friendship.
Speaker 5: I think we need to go back to the definition of grand romantic because it doesn't it doesn't fall under it.
Speaker 1: What did you end up doing?
Speaker 4: So clearly this is going really really well so far, so that you'll. We ended up doing was ten bucks for this wilted bouquet, and the flowers did not look great. I will.
Speaker 1: Count.
Speaker 3: Did she laugh? I mean, did you guys make it a joke? How did she react?
Speaker 4: I felt like she at least appreciated it. Like I said, the pizza was really the biggest thing. So we still go in have the best pizza that she says she's ever had. I asked her to go back to mine because things were going so well. I may have said goodbye.
Speaker 1: The next morning, flowers got a lot more wilted because the room is so hot.
Speaker 3: Nobody was a humid, sticky room.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well it's been three days now. That long, but long enough where I'm like, where what happened? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Long enough, that's a good way to put it.
Speaker 3: And she hasn't texted you back at all, so I'm here.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, if the flower's gesture didn't seal the deal, then maybe the gesture of getting a phone call from a radio station, maybe that'll help push her over.
Speaker 4: The that's pretty crossed my fingers, guys, I don't know.
Speaker 3: If it's romantic.
Speaker 1: We'll find out.
Speaker 2: We're going to do your second date update, right, after this second date update.
Speaker 1: Great pizza, twenty.
Speaker 2: Dollars, stimulating conversation. Zero dollars and a bushel of badly wilted flowers should be priceless, but they cost ten bucks. Yeah, and Patrick, our listener, paid it, and it actually worked out for him because Ashley stayed the night over at his place.
Speaker 1: But after three days now she's not calling back. We're calling so soon.
Speaker 3: I'm just so worried they were too eager.
Speaker 1: There's no such thing as being too eager in love. Yeah there is.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, don't quote me on that actual, but we're going to try and find out if there's a solid reason for why Ashley has broke off communication.
Speaker 1: Patrick, how are you feeling.
Speaker 4: I'm a little bit bummed out. I'm not gonna lie. I'm confused.
Speaker 3: I mean, it may not be a loss yet weked about. It's only three days. Maybe she's just busy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but zero nothing not high.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, and after ten dollars of wilted flowers, at least something an explanation. At least, let's try and get something out of her.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I am ready, And you know I see that she's gotten my text message, so they've they've been delivered. She hasn't blocked me. So, like you're saying, it's not completely.
Speaker 3: Thought that crossed your mind, you can see or if it's like seen.
Speaker 5: Maybe heys like that happened to you in the past.
Speaker 3: Now somewhat concerned, like I know when.
Speaker 1: I've been blowed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dating aps are weird, man, that's what's weird.
Speaker 1: We can all agree on that. Let's see what she has to say though.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey, is this Ashley?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I don't hope we're not interrupting anything. I'm busy.
Speaker 2: But we're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Wait a radio show, yeah, an English one.
Speaker 2: Don't worry. We're called Brook and Jeffrey and we're doing something called a second Date update. Okay, it's a second that we do where we try and help some of our listeners get in touch with someone after they've gone on a date.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's kind of fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got a guy who's like super eager to see you, but.
Speaker 1: Not too eager. Yeah, he's like right in the middle, just the medium perfect amount of I thought.
Speaker 5: You said there wasn't such thing as being too eager.
Speaker 1: Now, I think we agreed that there was no certain amount of eagerness.
Speaker 7: Right, I'm sorry, I'm a little freaked out.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, it's okay. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: We're calling about a guy named Patrick that you went to pizza with the other night.
Speaker 7: All right, confused right now?
Speaker 2: We heard he fed you the best pizza of your life, so that's gotta get points.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we went to this really cute little like kind of I guess mom and pop like pizza.
Speaker 7: Shappa was very good.
Speaker 1: I mean, he told us.
Speaker 2: All about your date, and so we we got an idea that it was a pretty good time because you ended up staying the night over at his place.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Wow, she's very nosy.
Speaker 1: He didn't tell us anything any details beyond that.
Speaker 3: But that's okay. I mean, you sound giggly and excited.
Speaker 7: I well, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm just a little freaked out right now.
Speaker 7: I've just never been on a radio stasion before.
Speaker 5: Did you plan on getting back to him to set up you know something else?
Speaker 8: You know, I just haven't like trying to figure it out yet. There was just something that was like a little bit kind of off. So I just haven't had the time to like address it yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you mind if we asked what was off? Because Patrick is really confused, he's not sure what happened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I did spend the night over his house, and then like I woke up the next morning and I just felt like disgusting, like.
Speaker 1: We all feel that, though I know, not like that.
Speaker 6: It was more so like physically like I had really oily skin and like really greasy, greasy, greasy hair.
Speaker 5: And like like not change his sheets in a long time.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but it was so weird because that first that never has happened to me ever, even if I haven't washed my hair in like three days, Like I don't have greasy hair at all. My skin is actually quite clear and they take really good care of it. But like I came home just so freaked out and couldn't wait to go home and just get in the shower.
Speaker 5: Isn't that like the TikTok thing right now that people are talking about, like the boys.
Speaker 7: Hair exactly my broommates and then his boyfriend Aaron, I never heard.
Speaker 6: It's like it's just him. It's it's like something in the I don't know how to explain it, like like you're.
Speaker 3: Living in like a leftover pizza box essentially, that.
Speaker 2: Sounds kind of nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boyfriend, like it's.
Speaker 2: All of my call.
Speaker 7: But then now it's like, okay, if they're cleaner, you.
Speaker 1: Know, right, So it's just being around him.
Speaker 5: You think you were to walk into apartment and it's like there's maybe a poster tacked up on the wall and like a black leather couch in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Sounds like Brooke was with Patrick too.
Speaker 5: They're an upgrade if they're not sleeping on a futon like that type of that type of dude.
Speaker 1: So what is that?
Speaker 3: What was going on?
Speaker 8: I mean, you weren't that far off, but the futon wasn't on the floor like he had a bet, so you were kind of spot on with all the other things.
Speaker 3: So were you just grossed out by him?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I was grossed not by him, but like the way that I felt when I left.
Speaker 1: As in him. It was his atmosphere. Let me ask you this, how does the air feel to you right now? Really?
Speaker 2: But there is Patrick who's on the line. Don't you think the boyfriend air would have snuck in if it was something to do with him?
Speaker 3: And we're on the air through the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how boyfriend air permeates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just heard of it.
Speaker 1: So, but Patrick is the Patri's boyfriend.
Speaker 4: Sounds like that just the most ridiculous thing that I've ever heard. I can't believe that that's the reason that you're not talking about about.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 6: I'm not talking to you. I'm just like taking a second to like process it because it was so weird and I didn't know how to address it.
Speaker 4: Second or three days, I don't know. You pull out your phone every time you like look anything up, if you go on maps, if you're navigating. I know that you've looked past our messages a couple of times. I'm just confused.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, that's a little harsh.
Speaker 8: I just needed a minute to like figure out how it's going to say, because this is a really weird conversation to have.
Speaker 6: I've never been in this situation before. Sorry, I'm surprised by your hostility because you were so sweet.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just confused. I don't know. It sounds like this is like the second time it's happened. Maybe maybe it's just you. Maybe it's a you think, not me.
Speaker 2: You think that she has bad girlfriend heir, and she's spilling her air into your apartment.
Speaker 4: It sounds like it at this point.
Speaker 5: I mean, it sounds like Patrick, your place is just like a stereotypical bachelor pad.
Speaker 2: But you agreed.
Speaker 3: I mean, would you agree with that state? I've never been there. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I know why would she said that assumption because that's what she described to that.
Speaker 1: She described it as boyfriend air. He didn't say his apartment was a dumpgether?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, saying it is your apartment a dump? Like what's in your fridge right now. It's a very good judge of how someone was.
Speaker 1: It's a radio bit from thirty years ago. What it is.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't just have condiments. And as far as like in terms of my apartment, it's the nicest of all of my friends. So that's good. Okay.
Speaker 1: I mean I think we're getting too much into the nitty gritty of this. The bottom of the line, money was the problem?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, okay, Well I'm just saying, actually, you said that you felt like you had a really nice time, that he had a nice personality and you vibe together.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the most important part?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 6: But like the logistics, like I don't want to feel like a grease ball every time I hang out with him, every time I go to his apartment, Like that's what I've been like considering, Like how do you say to someone, Hey, your apartment had a greasy feel about it?
Speaker 7: And heine like, can you do something?
Speaker 4: What if you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Move?
Speaker 6: Like there's nothing right, Well.
Speaker 1: There's an idea option. Maybe I didn't think about that, Patrick.
Speaker 4: I'm certainly not going to move after the first date. I mean, what things were great, Ashley, But how about this, What if we try your place and see if you still have the greasy feeling? Because if that's the case, then it's me not you.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 5: Her place has her own toothbrush and some face washed. Maybe that's all she actually needs.
Speaker 2: Did you just ask her for a free hook up over at her place this time just to test the air.
Speaker 4: I know you're jealous, and that's okay. You're welcome to steal that if you want to.
Speaker 2: Ashley, what do you think test out the grease and report back to us for a free date.
Speaker 7: It's just like the only person that this is going to prove anything to him, Like I live in my apartment, so obviously no, it's clean and not greasy. But I don't say that like Nobo. We've ever done anything like this with me before ever, and it's totally worthy of the second date.
Speaker 1: I could barely understand what you were saying through the laughter, but she.
Speaker 5: Said second date got a second day bottom line.
Speaker 2: But I guess the rule is this time you can't hook up because the intimacy could lead to extra greasiness.
Speaker 1: I read that on Brooks bumper Stick.
Speaker 5: It was a long one, brooking Chiffrey in the morning