Speaker 1: Speaks to the Plannet.
Speaker 2: I go by the name of Charlamagne the God, and guess what, I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black.
Speaker 1: Effect Podcast Festival.
Speaker 2: That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Poeman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions, Decisions Man, D B and Wheezy. Okay, we got the R and B Money podcast. We're taking Jay Valentine. We got the Woman of All Podcasts with Sarah Jake Roberts. We got Good Mom, Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect Marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, you don't want to miss this.
Speaker 2: Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Can't beleeve Reckless, the production of iHeartRadio and The Black Effects.
Speaker 1: Just like that, we back on the air.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to get another carefully reckless episode which your girl Jess hilarious. We got Taylor in the building and say hi, Taylor. Hi, y'all say hi to Taylor. Okay, that's my baby Mama. She and here and she's gonna be helping me fix the mess. We're gonna jump straight into it again. We have no voice notes and I get why, but I already see this person can't spell, so bear with me, all right, All right, hey Girley, So I'm conflicted. I've been cool with these two guys since we were in diapers, damn near. But as we grew older, I started to realize one of them developed feelings for me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I was stuck in some shit like that before. Let's say his name is Jake.
Speaker 3: I wasn't gonna turn him down nor agree because we're friends.
Speaker 1: First.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to mess up the friendship. So once the other boy found out, I'm gonna say his name is Aj. So once AJ found out his man's liked me, all hell broke loose. The friendship dynamic was no more. Now they both just try to prove who's better for me. But it's quite annoying because I don't want either one of them. What so the other one I know, I'm almost I'm almost to the point of confusion as well. So there she has two friends she grew up with, yes, basically since in diapers, like they've been cool as fuck, but she said one of them started developing feelings for her, and one of.
Speaker 1: Them she didn't want.
Speaker 3: I know, but now she's talking about the second one development feelings as well, because both of them now were trying to see who can win her over, like they're in competition to get her. But she did say that Shane want to mess up the friendship with Jake, so Shane want to turn him down or agree to start dealing with him. So she just like kind of didn't do anything yet. I know, we got to finish, but I mean it's kind of a little weird. Yeah, like she said, I'm gonna take it from a few lines up, she said, now they both try to prove who's better for me. Yeah, so both of them like yours, dummy, and it's quite annoying because I don't want neither one of them. Okay, Okay, I valued our friendship way more than anything. Now, don't get me wrong. I did like aj when we were younger, but it's like he's like a brother now, and how would I even be able to do that?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Then Jake just fell back once he realized I wasn't budging. Then he randomly texts me for a date. I'm not gonna lie. I actually replied and accepted the fuck you just said, girl. Then he flaked girls, so that confused me. They just playing games? Oh my gosh, I don't know. I'm just here to ask should I choose one or just try to keep them both in a friend zone or just cut both of them off. It's hard to tell when your friends start to like you, and I just don't know what to do, and I don't want to lose them. Okay, so you don't want to lose them, but it's annoying that they like you. You don't like neither one of them, but you did like one when you were younger, but you didn't want to fuck up the friendship.
Speaker 1: And that was when you were younger.
Speaker 3: So now you get fast forward, you get older. You don't like me the one of them, but you accepted a fucking date right that one of them asked you out on.
Speaker 1: I think weird?
Speaker 4: What were they just trying to see? I don't know. I think with guys from in a sense what I've learned. I think they.
Speaker 1: Try to see if they can mm hmm.
Speaker 4: How long they were friends for.
Speaker 3: She says, since they've been in diapers damn near, both of them. She's been friends with both of them, Like all three of them are friends, and she's been well, you know what. She actually didn't say whether AJ and Jake were close. She's just been both of their friends.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Hey, girl, I'm so complext that I've been cool with these two guys since we were in diapers damn near. But as we grew older, I started to realize one of them developed feelings for me.
Speaker 1: Let's say his name is Jake. I wasn't going to turn him down nor gread.
Speaker 3: Yeah. She didn't say whether Jake and AJ were friends, like all three of them were like collectively friends together as a group.
Speaker 1: She's just friends with both of them. What if I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just feel like, depending on the circumstance, guy's gonna try it and.
Speaker 3: See absolutely, especially if you're attractive. But then he turned her down, so I don't know, and she said he flaked. So what she asking she wants to know whether she should try with the other guy now. No, I want to know should I keep them both in a friend zone or just cut both of them off? As hard as hell when your friends start to like you, I just don't know what to do, and.
Speaker 1: I don't want to lose them.
Speaker 3: Yes, keep them in the friend zone booth, But I think you owe both of them a conversation, you know, especially if you're writing you're to the point where you're writing me about this, I think you should have a conversation with the both of them.
Speaker 1: Sit down with AJ. You sit down with Jake.
Speaker 3: Sit down with Jake first, because he's the one that came on to you first, and you actually didn't tell him yeah or nay.
Speaker 1: You know, you just decided to go on a date with Jake.
Speaker 3: I mean with AJ, and AJ flaked on you, so you said at one point they were in competition to see who can get you first, like who can prove themselves I guess to be the best for you. I feel like you need to sit down with Jake and say, yo, we've been friends since diapers and shit, I don't want to mess up anything.
Speaker 1: When you first told me that you did like.
Speaker 3: Me, and you you know, we realized that you had developed feelings for me. I didn't know what to tell you. I didn't want to say yes, I didn't want to say no.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 3: We we you know. I've grown to know who you are. I know you inside and out. We're friends, We're really really good friends. I just don't want to risk the entirety of our friendship if this doesn't work out, because some friends actually do that. They come on to their friends and they actually start dating, and they realize that the shit is not what you know, they thought it would be, and then now they can't even go back to being friends because they've already explored more intimately what a relationship would be like.
Speaker 4: I think she should keep it as friends.
Speaker 1: I think they should keep it as friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she didn't feels aj the same thing.
Speaker 3: She said she used to like one of them when they were younger, when they were all younger, but.
Speaker 1: Then they grew up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like this, it's too many people out here, there's too many men out here to try to choose between two really good friends. And then also good friends are very very hard to come by. So I think if there were if there were if there wasn't anything going on, like anything wrong with the friendship at all, don't fuck it up by trying to fuck with each other. Also, at the same time, I know she's enjoying that attention that both of them are basically competing for her love.
Speaker 1: Because what woman wouldn't like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, she did say it's annoying, but she also didn't put a fucking stop to it either and tell either one of them.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't want either one of y'all.
Speaker 3: This is crazy. We've been friends for a long time. I've been you'all homegirl, you know what I'm saying. Let's just keep it at that. Aj, I did like you when I was younger. I know you probably know that, but we were younger.
Speaker 1: We're grown now.
Speaker 3: I don't know how old you are, but you know, if you all are adults, we're adults. We're young adults. Like No, it's too many efficient tocyy. I just don't want to fuck our friendship up. We all three of us have a great friendship. I don't want to a period. And that's the point blank. I needn't have a story. This was boring, crazy, because girl, why you come on? Answer your old question, answered your own goddamn question. Now we got a commercial, and if you click off this podcast, I swear I'm ana beat your ass.
Speaker 1: Listen. All right, so this is the story? Do you do you have a story?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: All right, good, that's fine. That's fine because we got another one. Okay, hey ja, So let me tell you about my baby daddy. So he got his new little girlfriend. Okay, cool. I have no problem with that, but our seven year old daughter does. And not to get me started, when he bought the girlfriend around my daughter without even asking me how I would feel about it, which is a big no no for me.
Speaker 1: But that's a story for another day.
Speaker 3: My daughter isn't comfortable with her yet, or just not even comfortable with the fact that her father is seeing someone else, so I suggested we give her time. He agreed, then proceeds to do it again and lied, knowing that my daughter has to come back home to me and tell me. Of course, we had arguments about it, but he just feels he can do what he wants and come to find out, it's two different women.
Speaker 1: Okay, nil, Jess.
Speaker 3: I don't want to keep her from seeing her father, but it comes to a point especially when it has to do with my child and her comfortability. I have I haven't let her over there in two weeks, but she asked about him. I'm just not sure how I should go about this. I know this is a lot, but do you have any suggestions?
Speaker 1: Oh my, aha? Now what is this?
Speaker 4: What you said that the baby daddy agreed?
Speaker 3: The baby daddy agreed, I guess to you know, she said, the fact that our father isn't is seeing someone else, like the daughter has a problem with that. So I suggest that we give her time. And he agreed, but then yeah, but then proceeds to do it again. And then he lied, like you know, because he knows that the daughter, I mean, the daughter's going to go back and tell the mom everything that happened at the dad's house.
Speaker 1: Anyway, she's seven years old, and the.
Speaker 3: Mom honestly probably asks her, like what's going on?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like she sounds like she's already exposed to a lot. Anyway, Has daughter told him? Has a daughter told him what she felt? I don't think the daughter told the mom, I mean told the dad. I think the daughter tells the mom and then the mom then goes to the dad like, yo, look, this is a problem. I want to know how long they've been broken up though, because honestly, let me say, yeah, she doesn't say how long they've been broken up. She just says it's her baby daddy and he got a new little girlfriend. But listen, I'm a woman. And then I you know, I read, I read into contacts and she said he got a new little girlfriend. That tells me that there is some type of intimidation or jealousy there, or they may whether they have been broken up long or a shorter short pairiod of time.
Speaker 1: She's not past her baby daddy. I get that.
Speaker 3: I get that she's not fully moved on from him.
Speaker 1: And he probably is not either.
Speaker 3: He probably probably makes passes at the baby mom. But before we get there, if y'all are not together, he certainly can do what he wants to do. I understand the concerns for your child safety, the concerns for you know, exposing too many women too quickly to your daughter. She is only seven. I understand that. However, you kept baby girl away from him from two for two weeks, and you said that she asked about her dad. Why not have her dad come to your house? Why not just say, look, can you just not have them around? Can you just take her out somewhere? Like take the daughter out? I don't you know you can still there are still ways that she can be around her father without being around those women. And you know, keeping her away from him from for two weeks. As you can see, that hurts the daughter. That doesn't hurt Hugh. It doesn't hurt you know, the dad as much as it hurts the daughter.
Speaker 4: I think the docter say something.
Speaker 3: You think, Yeah, I mean I think that the dad should step in and have one on one with his daughter. I don't think the mom should have anything to do with it. I think he should also explain to her that sometimes mommy's and daddies don't say together. I know you probably want to see because baby girl probably want to see her mom and her dad together. Yeah, which is something that she probably already saw. And now she's confused. There's not one. There's not only this one new woman that my dad is introducing me to her that I'm seeing around my father.
Speaker 1: But there are two women. Okay. I honestly had reservation about it when they said neo. When neo, baby mom was like, yo, you.
Speaker 3: Got these four women around my kids, like you introduced them and then you know what I'm saying, like this is crazy. You have daughters and you have sons and you're letting them know that this is okay in life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And Neil, so you're like, because like live how you wouldn't live.
Speaker 4: But it's just how he just is going about it. It's just disappointing. Like all of your songs were lies.
Speaker 1: I know, and I still be but I don't care. I know it is crazy.
Speaker 5: He was saying too that like he tells his kids like, yeah, this one, you know, she'll take you to work.
Speaker 3: This one, Yeah, this one's gonna cook your gonna But it's like they have rules, but you're teaching yes because you have daughter. Neil has daughters and sons. He does I think he just has sons. No, he has daughters too, I believe, m hmm. But yeah, So I mean I'm with I'm totally with keeping it real with your kids, Like you shouldn't lie to your children, know that's what Like, that's what black families have done up until now. Like you know what I'm saying, Like back in the day, they always swept shit under the rug. They lie to different you know, trying to parents would make it seem like everything is great in the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's not, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like even me growing up with two married parents, there's a lot of shit going on that I didn't find out about until I was an adult, and that was their way of protecting us, you know, and do I think they should have done it another way, just for the sake of themselves not being happy in a marriage that long with each other, you know what I mean. Yeah, I don't feel that you should sacrifice your happiness just so your kids can see a traditional family dynamic growing up. No, everything is not the normal. Everything is different for different families. I would absolutely prefer that my mom put her happiness before you know, yeah, before hours, honestly, because kids are gonna adapt.
Speaker 1: We we're kids, We're gonna adapt. You know what I'm saying. You don't have to live a lie.
Speaker 3: Don't live a lie so long, you know, because then your life then passed you by.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Up, Hold up, I know this shit getting good, But listen to just a couple seconds of a commercial. If you love me, you'll listen. I was a kid we didn't. We would have adapted the fun you know what I'm saying. My dad was never a bad daddy, just wasn't a good husband, you know, so that that's just what it was. He was the greatest father I could have had ever, and we would have definitely adapted to them living separate or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. But back to this shit, What the fuck was the story about again?
Speaker 3: Because girl, I'm like the fire know what to do when it comes to her.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, that's all.
Speaker 3: I don't want to keep her from saying her father, but it comes to a point, especially when it has to do with my child and her comfortability. Yes, but I do want you to update me on this because I want to know did you move on from your baby daddy yet?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? I feel like you haven't. I feel like there is maybe. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just feel like because because how she describes the girlfriend the beginning, the new little girlfriend is very telling, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It sounds a little yeah, a little new little.
Speaker 3: Girlfriend like and then she didn't even say little she l I l yeah, oh bitch here that was me all that when when I was back back, back, end of the day, Rome had a new little bitch. I would definitely sound like that, you know what I mean, rather like now it's more so like oh, Rome's friend or Rome's girlfriend or you know he's in a relationship now, you know whatever.
Speaker 1: So I would I refer to Mariah as from.
Speaker 4: Friend when you were back in the day, did he bring me?
Speaker 3: I never kept him. I never kept him from ash was bad ship. Please get him? No, but you can have him around ten bitches please.
Speaker 4: He didn't care he was around other girls.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: You know why because Rome loves his children, has always loved even when it was just Ashton, like loved my son, loved his son. So I always trusted that Rome would never ever put Ashton in harm's way intentionally.
Speaker 1: And then I was like over roam very early and.
Speaker 3: Like my last time even looking at Rome in any type of way that would give me butterflies was Ashton was maybe what three months? Oh wow, yeah, like our baby was young, and the last time we'd actually tried to get together Ashton was two. And after twenty four hours, I was like, oh fuck no, it's literally a day like and I was in a relationship with somebody, and I left that nigga to try to make it work again because I wanted to ask you to see the traditional family dynamic.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I wanted to give it a chance. I'm like, okay, I want my family. He was saying the same shit, and that nigga cheated on me. Oh yeah, saying that in twenty.
Speaker 1: Four hours, and I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 3: When I went to try to go get the nigga back, and the nigga was like, oh, I'll stay over, and I was like, no, I don't got a grace period, like the fun.
Speaker 1: Girl m So that's why, that's that's why I'm say.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, no, no, no, you have to really really move on and be past this shit, because I honestly don't think she would give a fuck if she was past the baby daddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly yes, and especially if he's a good father. If he's a good father.
Speaker 5: Do you think people that like parents that do feel the type of way when they bring another person in too soon, like its sister, they're feelings say that again, like, do you think that they just have feelings towards their baby mom or baby dad and when they when they want to bring around other people like you. You've seen girls get upset and like, I don't want don't bring my kid around every girl like I don't know her, but I feel like I would have to meet the girl too.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, absolutely, I felt like I definitely feel like you would have to meet the person. I don't disagree with that at all, especially if you're gonna be around my child. I would love to know. And there's so much shit is going on with people with kids and shit these days. These people are hurting kids that are even there, so you know, stepfathers and stepdads are like hurting kids, killing kids, all types of shit. So absolutely, I definitely have to know who my child is going to be around. But this is also another thing. Is this a serious relationship or is.
Speaker 1: This just a one off?
Speaker 4: And I'm saying, would you feel that way if there just flings?
Speaker 1: It's been in that situation, and yes, Rome has had thousands.
Speaker 5: Of flings, because I would feel I don't think I need to be have feelings for you for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And I think in that case, don't why like, why do they have to be around my child? If this is just some somebody that you're talking to, why do you have to be around my child? Like if this is just somebody that you know what I mean, Like, if this is not a committed relationship. Now when it gets committed and it gets serious, it's like, okay, I'm introducing, but I would love to meet this person. Yeah, you know, so then I know I want to be comfortable. I want to make sure what my child is I'm absent, you know, in my absence or anything where and while you are around them or you know, you're with your dad. Is the girlfriend safe? Is the girlfriend cool? Does she have kids?
Speaker 1: The fund? Does she not a care for a child? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think that should be a conversation with the parents.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I think this guy is just he just got bitches. Yeah, you know, because she did say new little girlfriend. Or maybe he has a new little girlfriend. No, no, maybe she is the one who made the.
Speaker 1: Girl the new little girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I don't think he probably what if he didn't tell her like this, this is my bitch, you know what I'm saying, Like this my girlfriend, the little girl probably came back like, oh dad, it was a girl, you know, and then came back like, oh it was another girl. You know what I mean, Like, so this this may be just women that he is around, that he talked to that do shit for him or whatever, or just whatever. I don't agree that he's bringing them around his daughter if he's not going to be with them, right, m But you got to be able to just spend time with your child. Just buy yourself with your fucking child. Like some niggas can't move with our bitches.
Speaker 1: Weird.
Speaker 3: But we've come to get the end of another carefully reckless episode with your girl j just hilarious. Hey bye, Taylor, Bye, and we're gonna get some updates on these people. I know it was a lot of boneless stories today, but it.
Speaker 1: Is what it is. I'll catch you next week.
Speaker 3: Peace Can't Fully Reckless is a production of iHeartRadio and The Black Effect. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.