Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of three Trends. The post it note brought to you by three trend Is that is that clear?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Am? Not really?
Speaker 3: Am?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go what is it?
Speaker 2: Minnesota Mining and isn't it? Isn't that what it stands for? I have no idea Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. Yeah, I haven't read the whole article yet, but they're in the news for not great stuff. I'm Jack. That's Miles. Yeah, yeah, yeah, how you doing, Miles.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm great. Just just just reminiscing a little bit. We'll get to why. Just thinking of one of my favorite competitive eaters. Yeah, a flood of flood of memories came back to me, Like.
Speaker 1: I think I remember Kobeyashi's hot dog eating technique more than I remember like Michael Jordan's jump shot, Like, yeah, something just so memorable about that. And also it's memorable because that's how I've eaten hot dogs ever since.
Speaker 4: Every time, every time and whenever, or there's like a question about lunch and you're like, we get hot dogs and I'm like no, you're just yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Got you gotta soak the button of the water like put everywhere, like almost like what reverse walrus thans coming out? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, retractable walrus exactly. Kobayashi using the retractable walrus fangs technique.
Speaker 2: O'Brien is not aware that this is not a competition, though, and he is eating with such intention to start with that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean yeah, the great competitive eater who would break his hot dogs in half and then reverse walrus fangs them up into his mouth. Yeah, has announced that he's retiring.
Speaker 2: Yeah he is. He's won.
Speaker 4: This dude won that Nathan's you know, Coney Island hot dog eating contest like six times, and like you know, him and Joey Chestnut had like you know, this back and forth with their eating. This dude was even on I remember this Fox special that that's what I was feeling, you know, a little nostalgic man versus beast. Yeah, that only Fox TV at the time could give us, where he went up against a fucking grizzly bear. Yeah, and who could eat like seventy hot dogs that the bear just.
Speaker 2: Ate it very quickly. Kobea actually tried.
Speaker 4: But the thing that's the thing that is really interesting is the reason that he is bowing out or retiring from competitive eating.
Speaker 2: Is he's citing health concerns?
Speaker 1: Wait? Really, that's shocking to me. I had no idea that like that. The first question that occurs to you when you see someone doing what he does for a living is like, well, that's got to be fucking terrible for your health.
Speaker 2: Can you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Wait, what's can is eating forty hot dogs at once bad?
Speaker 2: Like in one go?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What does your yeah body do with all those nitrates?
Speaker 2: Let's see, I just want to see how many blow them out.
Speaker 1: Your ass like a steam engine.
Speaker 3: He let's see he ate sixty nine a fucking grizz nice dude, And there's so many likes and then there I've heard I don't know the details, but I've heard that like Joey Chestnut came in and was given like an unfair advantage because they were like, well, we need an American version.
Speaker 1: But Kobe Ashi definitely like put the whole thing on on the map. I didn't know about competitive eating before Kobyashi.
Speaker 2: You know what you know?
Speaker 4: And I blame nine to eleven because his debut was in the summer of two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Joey Chestnut, No, no, no, Kobayashi.
Speaker 1: Kobayashi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was when he ate fifty in twelve minutes.
Speaker 4: Wow, and that and then again nine to eleven happened and it kind of obscured things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's you know, I'm not blaming nine.
Speaker 1: To eleven completely, but I can blame at all on nine eleven. But it certainly didn't help. Yeah, we were just watching the clip. We should link off to the clip of him going up against the grizzly bear because yeah, some of the commentary is incredible, Like they're like and the bear doesn't know he's in a petition, so.
Speaker 4: Oh it's yeah, but there's a there's a look of fear in Kobayashi's eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe because there's a fucking bear.
Speaker 4: Opposite him trying to eat a bunch of fucking meat tubes.
Speaker 1: Right, the bear look at using a technique with no hands.
Speaker 2: It's like the bear's not using it.
Speaker 1: Okay, pears don't have hands?
Speaker 2: Are we talking about? Technique?
Speaker 4: Just some of his records though, bunless hot dogs one hundred ten, bunless hot dogs in ten minutes at the New York State Fair, rice balls like onigiti, he ate one hundred and fifty of them twenty pounds worth in thirty minutes. He ate thirteen grilled cheeses in one minute. At south By he had three hundred thirty seven buffalo wings in thirty minutes, forty one lobster rolls in ten minutes, fifty seven cowbrains in fifteen minutes. That was a fox thing, ninety three hamburgers in eight minutes, one hundred and fifty nine tacos in ten minutes, sixty two slight is a pizza?
Speaker 1: One hundred and twelve maybe nine tacos in ten minutes. Yeah, how's that possible?
Speaker 2: What is I mean?
Speaker 4: If you think about like a takidia taco right, yeah, yeah, it's not like you know, we're not talking full blown like hard cells.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Put those away.
Speaker 4: Uh chicken saute the skewers almost twelve pounds in fucking tent.
Speaker 1: To this guy, the true legend.
Speaker 2: Yeah. One, she's taking twenty four seconds.
Speaker 1: That's one. She's staking twenty four seconds.
Speaker 2: Second is fucking obscene. But anyways, got health.
Speaker 1: He's got health concerns, and we don't know why, we can't we don't begin to expect what it quite what is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said basically, I quote, I want to live healthy and long life, so I've decided to quit competitive eating contests.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we get it, we get it. Salute, salute. I have that.
Speaker 1: With liquid, I can I can drink, I can out chug anyone. Really, it's kind of crazy. Really yeah, I can drink liquid incredibly fast. I think it's like from now you got now being a sweaty person my whole life, I just like naturally needed to replace the liquid when you were drinking.
Speaker 2: Were you like slamming drinks like that too? Are you showing off?
Speaker 1: I could, Yeah, I have in the past. It wasn't like my general go to, but I could, yeah, get them away.
Speaker 4: Well now I'm like, now I'm kind of feeling the spirit of competition. Now I want to see what you got, Obrian.
Speaker 2: What are we saying? Like a sixteen point nine fluid ounce water bottle? Like you just go.
Speaker 1: Yeah pretty quick? That style? Yeah yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: I got to see this. Now go get a couple of water.
Speaker 1: Not right now, but it's yeah, And I have to be in the right frame of mind.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, how fast could you drink like a bottled diet coke?
Speaker 1: Bottle diet coke? Pretty pretty fat diet cokes a little bit like a bottled mountain dew I could take down in seconds. Really like, I mean, now you're up in it? Why you keep uping it?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: Me over?
Speaker 2: I mean, isn't that what I mean? The bottles aren't twelve ounces.
Speaker 1: You know if you buy a po Yeah yeah, I was thinking sixteen, but you're right, it's twenty ounce. Yeah. Yeah, I could take a twenty ounce of mountain dew down in seconds for sure.
Speaker 2: Man, we got it. Okay, So if you guys come to the upcoming live shows, hopefully that we'll get our shit together for the whole thing. Just bring bring loose mountain dews up to the stage.
Speaker 1: I just had to catch them and put them down in life ones. Yeah, that'll be good for my health and overall mental well being.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jack had to stop a competitive mountain dew drinking because you wanted to live a healthy life and view of this family all.
Speaker 1: Right, three am. There's a new article from pro Publica and The New Yorker that looks at three Am basically asked one of their scientists to look at human blood to see if there were any chemicals in there. They're like, weird question, they found them, and then they pulled you know, something similar to what the oil industry did in the eighties, where they were like doing the research, asking the questions before anyone else knew to and found troubling things, and then we're just like, shut the fuck up, Shut the fuck up. Oh no, So three M, the company behind Scotch tape post it notes your kitchen sponges a lot of various like man made substances that we have in our household. Yeah, well, I'll dig in a little bit more and probably do a whole story on it one of our main episodes. But it's three M is trending because of this right now, so we.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh wow. And that these chemicals are often found in the bodies of three M factory workers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not great, not great, files not great.
Speaker 2: That kind of makes Rome and Michelle look real fucking bad. Now you invented post it notes, really well, congratulations, you're putting forever chemicals into the workers.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot of assholes. Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're back, and Rudy is having some money problems as mentioned. What is he what is he sold? I mean, so many commemorative nine to eleven everything. Now he is trying to sell coffee thirty dollars bags of coffee, hot off the heels of being served indictment papers at his own birthday party. He claims that Rudy coffee is rich, chocolatey, and gentle on your stomach. So yeah, he's giving it the Giuliani no violent diarrhea guarantee you.
Speaker 2: It's wild that you know what's wild? Because just think about this, Jack, Do you know how much he's like, what the mountain of debt he's looking at it really.
Speaker 4: Looks like, oh yeah, it's like one hundred forty eight million dollars.
Speaker 1: That's too much money. So he says liquid cash, like he's trying to touch that.
Speaker 2: Bro, he needs liquid cyanide. You need to get the fuck you need to run from that shit. Just like the desperation in his voice in this quote unquote commercial for Rudy's fucking Coffee beans is so fucking oh here here, just just hear from the desperate man himself.
Speaker 5: You all know I stand by the truth, and if I put my name on something, I truly believe in it.
Speaker 2: Dude, this is the energy is wild, you know, is man, Rudy, does somebody have a gun on ham or something.
Speaker 5: I'm incredibly proud of my own brand of organic specialty coffee, Rudy Coffee. Believe me when I say it's the best coffee you have a tried. It's smooth, rich, chocolly and.
Speaker 1: Gentle on He said chocolate chocolate.
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 1: Rude? Chocolately chocko CHOCOLI okay, like faculty chocolate.
Speaker 5: I even recommend drinking it black.
Speaker 2: It comes in three. It's so good. Even this is such fucking filler because you're just selling uh okay, anyway, What's the detail that sticks out to me though, is that they're organic. Yeah, which feels a little bit well to me.
Speaker 1: Take that to the bank.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, Rudy. Now, I'm kind of off it. Thirty dollars for a bag.
Speaker 1: It's shot in such a weird well, I got I don't think it's actually shot here. I think it's actually like a backdrop cgi version of like a nice New York apart.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Even the hero shots, like the product shots, are like this weird three D render.
Speaker 2: It's like all bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all bad. It feels like it's not he's not even using a photo of a real apartment. He's just like, yeah, it's very strange. Yeah, it feels like the like Kim and Kanye when they did the tour their house and there's like nothing, it's just like all weird geometric shapes with nothing on the.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite color, tope.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's all tope, all tope all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But anyway, he's like, and remember when you bind this, you're supporting the cause of truth.
Speaker 1: Huh uh huh.
Speaker 2: I know, buddy, I know. Just like I said, man, just you know, just leave, just leave. No one was to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Again. There's a huge news story.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Rumors have been swirling about this for weeks, but the chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court finally announced on Monday that he would be seeking arrest warrant for three Hamas leaders, as well as Net and Yahoo and his defense minister, alleging that they are responsible for war crimes and crimes against humanity. So this is different than the ICJ. The ICC differs in that it tries individuals as opposed to settling disputes between states.
Speaker 4: Yeah and yeah, really great reactions from everyone all around, whether it's Net and Yahoo saying that this guy is like a Nazi, like this court is like a bunch of Nazis or the prosecutor is an anti Semite. To Joe Biden being like, they're not even doing genocide.
Speaker 1: You're like, Joe, Joe, Joe, that isn't even what they said in the charge. They said crimes against humanity and second level.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's outrageous.
Speaker 4: What's happening in Gaza is not genocide, and like the yeah, these are not the charges, these are not the charges, but yeah, it says the specifically though, it says that Israel quote bears criminal responsibility for war crimes ranging from intentionally directing attacks against a civilian population to using starvation of civilians as a method of a war crime. So yeah, and then this is also getting news because it's like a Maal Clooney was one of the human rights lawyers that was.
Speaker 1: Like helping getting covered in the Hollywood Reporter. Also, yeah, which.
Speaker 4: Interesting too because Amal Clooney was kind of getting dragged on social media because people were like where Amal Clooney's been so silent, Like where is Amal Clooney who's been working on stuff? Like this like in her career, and like you're trying to act like, oh, like Hollywood got to her.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, she was doing the fucking work to get these the fucking warrant. Like it is wild how much people put into social media like activism, and they're like, Amal Clooney hasn't posted anything.
Speaker 4: Amal Clooney is a human rights lawyer who's like like really like on the front lines here in terms of this criminal case.
Speaker 1: Yes, she works on these charges, but what has she posted?
Speaker 2: Yeah, question, you're posting about the thing, y'all? Are okay? Sure? Sure?
Speaker 1: Sure? So next day pre trial panel of three judges will have to decide whether or not the warrants should be issued, which takes around two months on average. It should be also noted that the United States and Israel are both not members of the Iccuh weird, It's interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because then we'd be like, you know, have to be held to account by it, right, so forget that. I mean the closest we got I think.
Speaker 2: Was what they Clinton signing it but never actually signed up.
Speaker 1: But never sent it to Congress. And then uh Bush unsigned to that ship real quick because he was like I think I'm about to do some war rhymes. So yeah, we're gonna gonna move off that.
Speaker 4: But also and if you then then that that bill came out to where it's like, if you threaten any of us, we will fucking invade the Hague.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't even take all think about it, because we're innocent.
Speaker 2: Because that's how innocent we are.
Speaker 1: That's what innocent people do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a this is a very Yeah, this is uncharted territory. It was really also interesting to see too that like how the Chief prosecutor here was like kind of being discouraged to not really go after like senior leaders like in like you know, Israeli officials, and he said he was saying he was told by one senior quote senior leader that the ICC was quote built for Africa and for thugs like Putin, not the West and its allies.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And when you look at like the cases that have actually you know, like come out of this court, it's disproportionately Africans. So yeah, interesting, they're like, God, don't use this tool that we used to punish Africa to bring an account to the West.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: God, that's just that's unimaginable.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we will see now where this goes. But I mean, like as we saw earlier, I mean there was like there were a few bullying letters from like Republican senators who were like, we'll fucking go after your whole family, right if you try and pull some shit like this. Again, really great look for the United States just to be a party to all of this. And again, Joe Biden, really you're doing really killing it.
Speaker 2: Bro killing it, man, killing it. You're doing no wrong by by piping.
Speaker 1: Man, that's crazy. What what are we talking about here? Come on, man?
Speaker 2: What is that on the pea?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Damn, my face hurts. All right, that's gonna do it for this Tuesday, May twenty First, we are back tomorrow with the Who last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,