Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen. Guys, as you can see, we're not in our normal studio. The nuthouse is okay as of now though, thank god, ladies and gentlemen, the nuthouse once again is okay for now, but it is in an evacuation zone, so we had to evacuate, and thankfully we and everyone on our team is safe and evacuated for now.
Speaker 2: Over one hundred thousand people have been displaced, lives have been lost, and thousands of homes and structures have been destroyed because of this crazy fire.
Speaker 1: Our thoughts are with everyone across the region affected by these unprecedented wildfires. This is a tragedy and if you would like to, you know, help those impacted by the fires. We have a couple resources right here, a couple websites that you can donate to. The first one is the California Firefoundation dot org. That's Cafirefoundation dot org. We got the Los Angeles Foodbank dot org. Url is LA food Bank dot org. Or you know the big organization that everyone knows of, the Red Cross organization, and the URL for that is Redcross dot org. Please donate to one of those three five dollars ten dollars, fifteen dollars, one hundred dollars, depending on.
Speaker 2: How rich you are.
Speaker 1: Any cent helps, anything will help, and it all adds up in the end. And Jules, I know the nuthouse. You know which You're the owner of the nuthouse I live in. You live in the nuhouse these How have you been holding up, bro throughout these tough times?
Speaker 2: Dude, It's been such a crazy week or five days, six days, I don't I can't even tell you what date is. I've been off the grid for four days getting my house prepped. I've kind of documented a lot of it, and I think we'll have some stuff going out on social on all our platforms that show that the nuthouse is in Brentwood, which you know that the fires got to Mholland and Mandeville. We are the next canyon. First off, you gotta say that the first responders, man, these guys and women are freaking studs what they've done out here. I'm just telling you, guys, this, this is Everyone keeps on saying apocalyptic type shit, and it's that and more. My daughter's house was in another area. We were evacuated in my area where across towns all of a sudden, they had to evacuate with the sunset fire. Then there's the Hearst fire. This was like the craziest thing. No, you didn't feel safe anywhere in the city.
Speaker 1: Why did you get the evacuation notice?
Speaker 2: We got it a few days ago. We didn't leave a few days ago. We had we had to get we had to get some stuff ready for that. I felt like Kevin McCallister getting my house ready for goddamn burger. What what did you do to protect your house? I put I just tell you right now, there's a sprinkler hitting every square inch of my property. I got sprinklers. I got six sprinklers on the roof. I'm sprinkling in the back hill where the fire could come if it were to come. There's been ash everywhere. I've been breathing in this stuff. We've had masks, but not always. It's been crazy. I mean I've been taking my little dirt bike up to the top of the hill every couple hours when I was still in the zone to see the fire. I mean I could see the fire coming from a distance. Every couple days. It was a canyon closer, a canyon closer. You're seeing all these planes, these big old seven thirty sevens with the retarding in it dropping. I mean, these are huge planes, fucking huge planes that are, like I'm not joking, maybe two hundred feet above these houses, just dropping. We got some footage of that. They coming right over the nuthouse, Right over the nuthouse. I'm on the sprinklers, shirt off, got my mask on, water and everything. All of a sudden, I'm thinking I'm getting hitting with red shit. I'm getting red shit all over me almost. I mean, it's been that crazy.
Speaker 1: You're making this sound like a war zone.
Speaker 2: It was a war zone.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad you're safe, brother, you know, glad you're safe and you finally evacuate. I feel like you were the last one left on your street. Is that true?
Speaker 2: I was probably? Yeah, we were the last. You know, if law enforcements are listening to this, I don't know what they're talking about. We were the last. I'll tell you one thing, though, Rob, I've been in Boston for thirteen years, and that's my community. That's our community that you know, we grew up there pretty much as young adults.
Speaker 1: It's a home, it will be a home for That's home basically.
Speaker 2: You know, I've been out of this California for so long. This is the first time I've really seen this area go through something. I mean, we had the bombings in Boston where you saw our community come together, you know, at the marathon. There's been other things, you know, this is the first time I've seen like a tragic event come to this area that I've been living here full time now for eighteen months, and I've been really impressed with the amount of help that people have been giving, just the random people. I mean, you drive up San Flecente and there's a line of cars for all the people that lost their homes trying to get back into the Pala States, and these people are all breaking bread, drinking coffee. No one's going completely crazy, even though they're going back to see if they can find one thing from their burnt down house. I've seen firefighters from everywhere Vegas, Oregon, I've seen them from northern California, col fire guys everywhere. I've seen there's Mexican firefighters that came in. I think we got like fifty or sixty guys from Mexico. We got guys from Canada. The amount of help that has been coming to the area and the people and how they've been treating each other. You know, it's been really comforting and it's been really cool. I mean, this lady came from San Diego. I've been glued to the television when I've had reception because once I was in the Nuthouse area, yea, no power, no reception, bin off grid. So like I take my little dirt bike and I would go to like where I get a little reception, throw on my YouTube TV and throw on the fire watch stuff. The footage just from all the news outlets out here which have been doing a great job covering to give us information on these fires. It's nuts, man. It's honestly one of the craziest things I've seen. But the only comforting I've seen from this. The thing that comes to me is just like people are helping people, and that's We're going to do a lot of that as Americans. We'll get through this well.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you sharing your stories through these tough times, Jewels, and I know if you've done a great you know you got a couple great things out there as well to help out these firefighters. We have no snacks here at this house. Can you please explain why what did you do with all those snacks doing? I mean, well, you're not worried about yourself, which is great. You know, you're worried about your least and you're more worried about the firefights.
Speaker 2: I love that get some laughing out of this because we need it. It's been so fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: Laughter always helps out, no matter the circumstances. And it's and it's not too it's not, you know, too soon to laugh, and that it's been a couple of days now, and uh, it's good to be it's not, but it's good to be here for a little relief, a little laughter, because I know you've been going through some tough times. And actually as well, you've been telling me about how you've been breathing in so much smoke and how your lungs are possibly a little damage. So I wanted to help out as well, and I treated you the last two days to an IVY vitamin bag. We've been taking anament you can, you know, flush the tocksins out you've been breathing that air. So I'm just trying to help out as well for you, Jewels, because you saved the nuth house. Yes, but you have you, you have God have done everything so far.
Speaker 2: You're coming off the goddamn mountains.
Speaker 1: Well, you have done everything so far. If you even go close to your house, if a burglary guy is trying to come to your house, so he's get soaked and he's gonna run away as soon as possible, that's how many damn splinkers you got around.
Speaker 2: No, and on top of your room. You know what you're saying. You know there's a firehouse right down my street. And I was leaving for the day today earlier when I snuck in the evac zone, didn't sneak in have a media badge. Media guy literally had to show my Fox badge. So Fox kidos to you got me to my house, Fox gets you in. Why so I had a bunch of Amazon packages because I always like to get a bunch of snacks for you the nuthouse. And I'm talking we are snack chra is crazy.
Speaker 1: Every time you walk into the nuthouse. I'm talking like you got fifteen options of snacks. People like to work with good food, yes they do. You know people you don't go pouse, No, don't.
Speaker 2: So you know we were I was leaving. We got all this food and I and I took it all and I dropped it off the firehouse for the boys and the ladies that are are fucking putting their lives on on risk for to save our houses, to save our our our our community. You know. So that's a little thing that was just like a whatever, you know. But once again, guys, go to Caafirefoundation dot org or Lafoodbank dot org or the Redcross dot org because I'm telling you right now, there are so many people that have nothing, They've lost everything, and everyone wants to sit here and say, oh, it's just a bunch of movie stars, all these rich people this that's fucking bullshit. Okay, that's fucking bullshit. There's a bunch of everyone out here that regardless of what you are or where you come from, there's people from all sorts of backgrounds that have absolutely nothing now from this fucking crazy fire. So if you guys can go out and please donate to help these people. Go take a picture of your house, Go where all your memories are made, your families, lives are made, uh, your kids were raised. Just go take a look at that stuff and then pretend it's never there again, because that's what happened to thousands of people out here, and I can't reiterate how this doesn't even look like reality. We didn't feel it was appropriate to deliver Dudes on Dudes last week because of this, so this is our wild card weekend Dudes on Dudes episode. We felt like it'd be really crazy if we didn't talk about the fires and just deliver it, so we wanted to have a segment to kind of talk about it, to give it a soft launch for this week's episode. Lastly, before flying over La, did you see it?
Speaker 1: I actually didn't see any of the fires flying into LA, but it was very foggy. It was very smoky out there, and you couldn't really see the transparency of visibility. Well, you know, it wasn't so great. I couldn't even see the mountains because it was so smoky. Everyone on the plane actually like had their windows up and they were filming out the window too, just to you know, try to capture some of what was going on so you know, you can send it to your friend, you know, back on the East coast, just so they can see the rezation of everything that is going on here in La. But it's just amazing what the first responders have done here, all the firefighters, police men, keeping everyone safe, keeping all the looters out of the houses as well. Uh, and just thankful for all of them, big time. Without them, this would be out of hand. Have you ever seen the movie This is the End? Remember when you see all of Hollywood on fire in that movie? On Tuesday night of last week, it literally looked like that there were fires in all directions. I can't describe it in any words because my vocabulary A sucks and B I'm still hyped up from this shit. And the NAD got me feeling really good. I can get out, man, I can tell. So you're rolling, you were hocketing and rolling. So, guys, we missed talking. We haven't been able to get in the nuthouse. We missed talking to you guys.
Speaker 2: We miss communicating with you guys, and we appreciate it if you guys were to look into the organizations once again.
Speaker 1: CIA, Firefoundation dot org, LA Foodbank dot org and Redcross dot org.
Speaker 2: And I want to share it. One last thing is something that I whenever I sign an autograph, a lot of the times I'll put on this same tough times don't last. Tough people do. You gotta believe. And that's what I sincerely believe in my heart. With the rebuild of everything that's going to have to happen in this community. These times are tough right now, but as long as we are tough, we'll get through them. And you always gotta believe.
Speaker 1: I actually stole that quote from you. You used to say plenty of times in the locker room, Jewels, And every time I go and visit a kid at the Boston Children Hospital and I'm making a video for a kid as well, I always, you know, take that quote that you taught me back in the day, back in the hey day in the locker room. Hey hey kid, let me tell you, tough times don't last and tough people, but tough people do. And you're one of those kids that will be, you know, lasting, because you're a tough kid. You're a tough sob. So I appreciate that quote, Jules, you gotta believe. Well, see you guys soon. Keep sticking with us. We appreciate and love your support.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into the show. Wild Card dudes, Wild card dudes, let's go. One of the wildest moments in the locker room is when we walked in and Matt Light put an actual live duck in Donald Thomas's locker from after practice and he opens up the locker He's terrified theres of live duck in there.
Speaker 3: That was like one of the wildest things I saw.
Speaker 1: What about when I showed you my magina.
Speaker 2: That that was usually at seven o'clock every morning. Yes, that was wild, but I thought that was that wasn't a wildcard moment because it was so consistent. It was predictable.
Speaker 1: Welcome the Dudes on Dudes. I'm Rob Grankowski.
Speaker 2: And I'm Julian Edelman, and this is the show where your favorite dudes get to talk about their favorite dudes.
Speaker 1: And since it's wild Card weekend, we're talking about some of the wildest dudes in NFL history.
Speaker 2: Who are we talking about today?
Speaker 1: Rob a pioneer in TD celebrations.
Speaker 2: How wild was it when he went to Dallas and did the star thing? Maybe a guy that should have a freaking sharpy deal signs the ball after a touchdow it takes out his sock.
Speaker 1: I got Jules's autograph. Dude, Dude and a dude with one of the best nicknames ever, first off, the name change, you gotta love it. He was one of the most entertaining players.
Speaker 2: He doesn't care, He'll fight anyone. And then we wrap it up by building a mount rushmore of the least wildest dude, Jules.
Speaker 1: I had never seen you wrap it up, but you just did a great job wrapping it up. Good, good, good job, you wild dude.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: On today's episode, it's Wildcard Weekend.
Speaker 1: Rob Sure is man that's wild So we love wild things.
Speaker 2: Because it's Wildcard Weekend, we thought it'd be great to talk about some dudes that are absolute wild cards. What's a wild dude?
Speaker 1: A wild dude is someone that's fun, spontaneous. You really don't know what they're gonna do next. It can be good or bad.
Speaker 2: Predictability.
Speaker 1: I'm predict the billy one. That's actually the best word to describe a wild card dude. But wild cards bring everything to life. They bring the energy, you know, to the stadium, they bring the energy to the locker room, and they bring the energy to the people that are just sitting at home and watching them on TV.
Speaker 3: Who's wildness dude, you've met ever?
Speaker 1: Or are we talking football player? Here's a guy, Richie Incognito. He's wild wild card. I'm I'm a Richie fan. I mean, you know, guy's wild. I met him at a party way back in my party days. That's all. He's a wild card, wild dude, and I wildly loved him.
Speaker 2: Still will never forget a stupid fucking rookie. Fine, yep, that's a wild card type. Fine, all right? Who else is wild? Nico Kudavid's he's a wild card?
Speaker 1: Yes he is. Love that guy. He's a he's a locker room guy and he's wild and he keeps that team together, no doubt about that. Who else is there? Who's one of the Rick Flair met Rick Flair When I was at the Monday night football game in Tampa the year when I was uh the whoa. I was the captain of the of the crew, of the of the fans they called the fans the crew there, and I was a captain. I was on the pirate ship, you know, waving that knife just scaring everybody, not the knife, but the sword.
Speaker 2: Scaring everybody. I was a pirate. Ah.
Speaker 1: I was a wild dude. That was that was a wild card having the bucks. Let me hold that sword and freaking go up and down with it, you know.
Speaker 2: So, what's the difference between a buccaneer and a pirate.
Speaker 1: Uh, They're kind of the same. Uh. I would say a pirate is more scary. A buccaneer is kind of like a good pirate. A pirate is someone that's vicious, trying to take over anything in sight.
Speaker 2: So is is a pirate like a wild card buccaneer? Yes? Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: Actually that game, it was the first time I've ever met Rick Flair. He was wooing all over the place. But he's a wild card. Tons of great stories that I cannot tell here on air. I would have to let Rick Flair tell those stories. But man, what a legend. I looked up to him growing up as a kid when he was in w W and every other wild thing that he has done. But he's a wild card and I love it.
Speaker 2: I love this this theme, the wild card. Let's jump into it. Why don't we.
Speaker 1: Well hold on first, what's the wildest thing You've ever done in a locker room?
Speaker 2: Jules, wildest thing I've ever done in a locker room? I don't nothing ah, I don't have any.
Speaker 1: Come on, jewels, you fought like twenty of your own teammates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that wasn't in the locker room. That was on the practice.
Speaker 1: That kind of counts as in the locker room.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I mean not, You're right, I black out on your There's really no wild moments actually in the locker room. They're kind of more on the field.
Speaker 2: I think one of the wildest moments in the locker room is when we walked in and Matt Light put an actual live duck in Donald Thomas's locker from after practice. He opens up the locker, he's terrified there's a fucking live duck in there, because they call him the Duck. That's a wild That was like one of the wildest things I saw.
Speaker 1: What about when I showed you my Manngina.
Speaker 2: That that was usually at seven o'clock every morning. Yes, that was wild, But I thought that was that wasn't a wildcar moment because it was so consistent. It was predictable.
Speaker 1: All right, I guess that wasn't a wildcard moment. Then I guess I'm not wild. I gotta do something else.
Speaker 2: Ma he did wild car movements on the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I sure did. The ping pong games in the locker room were pretty wild, pretty wild, but they're kind of predictable.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: We knew they were going to be intense games competitive.
Speaker 2: See, we can't remember the wildcard moments. We need to get like Jim Whalen on here, he would be able to give all the wild moments, remember them. And he said he's going to write a book about the Patriots one day, and he said he's going to dedicate a couple chapters to us. He's been there for a long time, that that'll be a must must read book. Right there. We'll be right back after this quick break. Let's get on to our guys.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go. Let's see our first wild guy.
Speaker 2: What does AI have to say?
Speaker 1: This dude was born on January ninth, nineteen seventy eight, and stands at six foot one and weighs one hundred and ninety two pounds. He was drafted as a wide receiver in the second round of the two thousand and one NFL Draft and played wide receiver for the Bengals, Patriots, Dolphins, and the Montreal Alouettes Aluettes. He was a four time All pro and the NFL receiving yards leader in two thousand and six. Originally from Miami, he played college football for Santa Monica College and Oregon State University. Off the field, he's known for flamboyant personality and antics, including a name change, reality TV appearances, and an act of social media presence. Wow, Jewles, who do you think we're talking about?
Speaker 2: Buddy, Let's get on Chad Ocho Cinco.
Speaker 1: Oooh, and what's the first thing you think of, Jules when you hear the name Chad Ocho Cinco Johnson?
Speaker 2: The first thing I think of. One of the wildest card moments or wildest movies ever. It was we draft or we traded for Chad and we went into the we were in store the offense and during installation, chadow' sha our coach, you know, Chaddio. Yes, all right, guys, we got everything. It's all good, you know. Just don't be seen. I'm gonna let you out of meetings early. Don't be seen. We still have a team meeting. Don't be seen. We have a team meeting.
Speaker 1: So so clear this up. You got a lot of meetings early, but we have a team meeting still.
Speaker 2: We still had a meeting after so we had like an hour and a half for a meeting until the next meeting. But Chad had to get some shit done. We got everything installed. We had a pretty smart room, and so he let us out early. Well, Chad thought it was smart. And this is Chad's like first couple weeks there, he thought it was be smart to leave the facility and on the way out poke his head into Bill's office and asked if he wanted anything from Starbucks and and so.
Speaker 1: That is what what did he think to not be seen, like to not go on I don't know, to not post a picture online.
Speaker 2: I think he was just new and he's still trying to be friendly in the whole thing. But like it was a total accident, total accident. And then you know, the next time we had a receiver meeting in the room, Osha was like, fucking guy, he got ripped a new asshole because you know, what are you doing let guys out early? This that it just was a whole thing, just a wild like he didn't he didn't understand. But that's what I thought of, Like, man, Chad's crazy. The whole kiss the baby thing, the whole every it's real. He just he just goes off of what he feels, off of his instincts. What do you think of when you think of Ocho, Well.
Speaker 1: First off, the name change. You gotta love it. He was one of the most entertaining players you know, in our generation while we were growing up. Yeah, for sure, Cincinnati Bengals, that's for sure. I truly believe he's a Bangal for life. He played for a couple other teams after, but one hundred percent Bangal for life. He kind of put that why receiver you know, position on the map in that era to continue the streak going of you know, of being kind of you know, spontaneous, entertaining, entertaining, a little bit of drama as well, but also so good at the game of football that he can pull it off and you know, not be a problem child at all in some cases I would say possibly, but just overall, he was so good at the game of football. He was so quick that he could pull off all that dancing that he was doing. He can pull off all that trash talk that he was doing, he could pull off all those antics off the field during the offseason that he was doing going you know, playing soccer with the MLS teams kicking extra points as well during the preseason games. I mean, this guy had talent, and he had so much talent that he could be a wild card dude whenever he wanted because of that type of talent that he had. And you got to appreciate that as well, because it's just cool man to see just someone be themselves. That's who he is, you know. It's not like he was doing it for a show, which it was a show, but he was truly doing it because that's just how he was born. And you got to respect that aspect of his game and of who he is.
Speaker 3: He was like the first guy with a million followers on Twitter in the NFL.
Speaker 1: I think Tom absolutely hated that he was on Twitter because he was he was mister Twitter. He had like three million followers. The second highest person was like two hundred thousand in the NFL. And this is in twenty twelve. He got traded to the New England Patriots, and he's always on Twitter still, and Tom and Coach Ballichick were just always grilling him like, oh, get off freaking Twitter. Get off Twitter doesn't help you in the game of football. But it never really like really, I would say what am I trying to say affected his game? Is Twitter was just back then they just acted like it did you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we just did things differently in New England and he didn't.
Speaker 1: He didn't that he didn't comply to it. The funniest The point is where I'm getting to is now Tom is mister Instagram and mister now and so like or mister X. So that was the point I was getting to.
Speaker 2: Well, another thing, he was always known that he loved McDonald's. What's your take on that? I mean, that's kind of freaky that you could just eat McDonald's.
Speaker 1: McDonald's for most of his career, and he also said it helped his body like callous for football. Yeah, I guess. I mean, there's only one guy that could possibly do this. I mean there's a lot of players that sometimes, you know, not sometimes eat fast food. But I'm talking like Chad did it on a daily basis, breakfast, lunch, dinner. And I saw him. He went to that corner store right on Route one, right next to let's see, um, there's a McDonald's there.
Speaker 2: It's half he's half, it's half in the McDonald half liquor store.
Speaker 1: He would go there and he's always in the drive through and I saw him one time. He pulled up and he was eating the fish filet sandwich.
Speaker 3: I like the fish filet, though. What's your favorite ding McDonald's.
Speaker 1: The coffee bro you like coffee? Got legit coffee there. I don't really eat McDonald's. If I do, I get a double cheeseburger and I just take the patties off of the bread and I just eat the smash Hamburger patties with the cheese. I don't like the bread, smash them. I mean, I think it's safe to just eat the meat. You know what about the mcgriddle? Oh breakfast, they got legit breakfast sausage acing pancakes. Oh, the pancakes are on fire. So I'm a breakfast guy at McDonald's. Yeah, I'm not going to really eat, you know, their lunch or dinner. No big Mac. Like if I do get the Big Mac, Like I said, I'm just eating the patties only. But it's just impressive, though, Chad ate that McDonald's every single day, every single day, body was just a machine. I mean, I guess if you get used to it, your mind is just gonna know what to do. With that type of you know, nutrition. So hats off to Ocho sinks it's crazy.
Speaker 2: He would like race anim didn't he race a horse? He doesn't care. He'll fight anyone. Chad is, so, what do you think you can beat a horse in a race?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No chance?
Speaker 3: I mean, would you ever race a horse?
Speaker 2: No chance?
Speaker 1: A horse and I have one thing in common, Jules, and I'm not gonna tell you.
Speaker 2: What it is.
Speaker 1: I just use your wild imagination.
Speaker 2: I get to understand. Thank you, I understand, thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, he raced a horse for a cherry feed the children. You know, he had one hundred meters start and he beat the horse, which, you know, props to him. He's silly, always just doing silly things.
Speaker 2: Man, he did silly things. But people like when we were playing he had elite feet, like his footwork was quicker than anyone I knew. And we cut him on the tail end of his career, and he still had some really insanely quick feet where he meaning he could get in and out of breaks. For how tall he was at six ' one, he was a real He was a skinnier guy. But usually when you're six ' one, it's harder for you to get in and out of breaks. But if you watch his comebacks, his releases, like he was always the separation sheen king to the at the top of route, at the beginning of route. He was an elite receiver. Now with all the antics and stuff, we all remember him that because that's probably because he didn't win. But he was a fucking elite receiver that had a lot of production for a long time in this league.
Speaker 1: He was so quick. He had the best releases in the game as well. And like you said, I think he was the quickest play. He had the quickest feet in the game of football. Was like poppupp.
Speaker 2: On.
Speaker 1: He would go side to side with it as well. So I'm sure he's a great line dancer as well.
Speaker 2: He won Dancing with the Stars, did he? Fourth?
Speaker 1: Came in? Fourth? Four? Right. There's one thing that's always certain, he said, and that's death taxes and eighty five gonna always be open, always open. He gotta love him for that, and he was always open. Besides, when he got to New England, well he was. He was struggling a little bit there.
Speaker 2: Why do you think he struggled.
Speaker 1: I just think he struggled because you know, just a complicity of the playbook a little bit. I feel like he had the freelance to do whatever he wanted to do in Cincinnati, and then when he got to New England, it was more of a structure like this is what you gotta do. This is how you get open. It's not like you're gonna be able to just freelance and play backyard football. I feel like he played backyard football a little bit more with the Cincinnati Bengals. Tom wanted it like that, but possibly he wanted to do it like that, but he couldn't do it like that because Tom wanted it like that. I mean, it just didn't really work out to the tea that you know, we wanted it to obviously what what coach Belichick wanted to do and as teammates as well. But there's one thing though that we know we got blessed with the presence of Chad ol Jo Sinko for that whole entire year, and that's what is more important is just to be around a great dude and just to see, you know, how he carried himself to just one of the greatest wide receivers of the game.
Speaker 3: Do you have any stories about Chad we went out.
Speaker 1: To dinner actually during training camp, and he was just a great character man. I like he always got the waitress wound up, you know, he got her wound up, cracking.
Speaker 2: Jokes like you know, where'd you guys go?
Speaker 1: We went Toby Keith's Iron Grill right there at Patriot Place, and he would be flirting and then the waitress would be flirting back with us, and like, you're just such an awe because we were such young bucks. And just how he was so spontaneous and so quick with his game, Like the way he would speak and talk and have game, it was like his feet were running his mouth like just that quick, you know. And then what's so great about it is like he would leave her hanging though, because he would give like an outrageous tip to her and then like didn't leave his number anything, like he would get the you know, he would get the waitress.
Speaker 2: He just gets He's just outgoing. He just he likes to push people's buttons, I think.
Speaker 1: Exactly give her an outrageous tip, and then we would all just leave and the waitress be like, oh what wait, where'd he go? Like I didn't get his number or anything. But he would just bounce.
Speaker 2: On Chad was so fun.
Speaker 1: It was fun.
Speaker 2: Also could kick. He had a big soccer background, and I think that's probably what helped him with such great feet, quick feet that he had. I mean, I remember Cincinnati, their kicker got hurt. He kicked a field goal. He he kicked a couple fields. I think he kicked a thirty yarder. He played in soccer leagues. I think he tried to play in a professional league at one point.
Speaker 1: He tried out for the Kansas City MLS team during the twenty eleven NFL lockout, And while he was trying to do that, I was doing my wild, wild dude shit jewels. I was at the University of Arizona during that lockout, and I was at the pool parties, dancing up on the stage and everything. At the pool parties, I was freaking pounding beers and everyone's like, Oh, You're gonna be in big trouble by coach Belichick after the lockout. But what did I do? I showed up and I was just as wild out on that football field and training camp.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: That was my favorite off season was after my rookie year because we didn't have to go in at all at all and I got to be wild as possible because I had a little bit of money. I was twenty one years old and I was just running around college campuses just being an absolute wild maniac. It was the greatest offseason of my career, no doubt about that. What did you do during the lockout, Jewels, I just told you what I was doing.
Speaker 2: I actually took a couple of classes at Kent. I was in La trained out here. Didn't we have like a fucking uh We had like a couple of team practices at BC during the lockout number that when we when Brady called a couple we did.
Speaker 1: We had about three practices at BC. That was really cool. That that just shows the leadership of Tom, just how wild of a leader he was. Tom wasn't a wild car. He was a wild leader and that that just shows you know why he's, you know, one of the actually the greatest player to play.
Speaker 3: Could Chad kick the field goal kick of destiny?
Speaker 2: For that you do everywhere? Yeah? One hundred percent, so easy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He kicked an extra point in the preseason game, which that's a lot harder than kicking the kick of destiny. I mean, I don't have a line no one's snapping it. The balls just set sitting there on a tee for you and it's easy, just a layup and freaking I missed twice, So Chad out, Josinko, I actually need you for the kick of destiny. I'm actually not doing it this year, but in the future I'll possibly be doing it again. So I want Chad o Jo Sinka as my coach or my replacement for the kick.
Speaker 2: Of Now, how far is the kick of destiny?
Speaker 1: Ooh, twenty five yards?
Speaker 2: So it's twenty five yards.
Speaker 1: I was kicking it on the fifteen yard line.
Speaker 2: And so how far do you think they would have to handicap Chad's kick?
Speaker 3: Because he can kick it better, so we'd have to bring.
Speaker 1: I would say he would have to kick a forty yarder.
Speaker 2: A forty I think he got forty easy.
Speaker 1: Though, I mean, but no, he does it forty easy. But that's the point I missed the last two years. So we need someone to make it now, okay, And we want him to make it as well for the fans out there and for fan duel and for just the kick of destiny. But what about his TD celebrations as well? He was one of the best in the game. He wore the gold jacket that said future Hall of Fame two thousand with two question marks as a post touchdown celebration. How about the cheerleader proposal. I actually got to take some tips from you because I'm now dating a cheerleader. I've been Chad al Chosenko. So you proposed in the first freaking four seconds to matter, which is pretty impressive. So call me up. I need some tips, brother. And then he was putting the football like a damn golf ball as well. When he did I never done that, man. My craziest TV celebration was just spiking the ball. Or actually when I was you know the one in London as well, when I did the booty shaking, Yeah, that was pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Then you did the soldier.
Speaker 1: I did the soldier of guarding the Buckingham.
Speaker 2: Palace Buckingham Palace.
Speaker 1: Wi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now he remember he didn't he uh? He took the camera once and was filming. This was like the full generation of overly celebrated, crazy, get your popcorn ready celebrations by receivers. Remember like Joe Horn he was taking cell phones out. You got Chad doing everything Chad's doing t O and his celebrations. I mean just this was like the era where they were getting fired. They were they were getting penalized for it too. They didn't give a they didn't care. But it was still fun. You know. That was the No Fun League at the time.
Speaker 1: It was. I remember that when that everyone was translating NFL as to be the league because they kept finding Ocho Cinco and all the other guys that were being entertaining, you know, to the to the fans.
Speaker 2: So James Harrison or Ocho Cinco, they're fighting here soon super Bowl weekend. M M A style. Who are you going with?
Speaker 1: Uh? It's i'm m A style. I'm going with uh, obviously James Harrison.
Speaker 2: The thing is that this is how crazy Chad is. Why the fuck are you fighting James Harrison? Who I think he knocked him out of a game once.
Speaker 1: James Harrison is a freak of nature. He's just gonna get a hold of Ocho Cinco and just break them in this thing thing box Sinko is gonna have. Yeah, boxing is different story. This is i'm ma now, this is i'm may style. Like James can put his hands on him and do whatever he wants. To do to him.
Speaker 2: James plays volleyball with like eighty pound balls. Remember when he throws it over the thing? He does so you know he can catch motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sinkles wild wild. I love it though, keeping wild Ojo time, let's go. What kind of dude is Chad o Joe Sinkle? Ladies and gentlemen, dude is chat Come on now, I wouldn't really say freak. I mean his feet were freaking.
Speaker 2: Freaky freaky feet.
Speaker 1: Yes, dudes, dude, Yeah, he was man. He was all about the guys. He was.
Speaker 2: He brought us out to dinner. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He always invited in New England, invited everyone in the round. He was a dude's dude, no doubt about that. Whiz whizz. I won't really go that far because, like I said, I think he struggled with the with our playbook.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 1: Bit.
Speaker 2: So did I.
Speaker 1: I didn't even play my rookie year because I didn't know our playbook. It's very tough. It's a it's a very tough playbook.
Speaker 2: It's very I dog in him too. I mean, he don't care. He'll he'll freaking challenge anything, anyone to anything. I mean he raced a horse. He'll box you. He doesn't care. But I think he's I think he's a stud.
Speaker 1: I think he's a stud as well. I feel like that feet, you know, field goal.
Speaker 2: He's doing off the field. Now, he's just he's a lovable guy. But he was always he always had a He's a stud. To me, he is a stud.
Speaker 1: I mean just the way you know, he presented himself on the field and off the field. That's when you know you're Stutley, you know. And he was so fast, and he was such a stud that he had to race a horse because horses are studs. So that makes Chad Alcho Sinko a stud.
Speaker 2: A stud keeps the girl waiting at the bar, yes, like like he did. Yes, he knows that. You know, he could have probably took the little lady on a date, but just just did it just to I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's a stud, just to be a stud.
Speaker 2: On three one two three. Stud.
Speaker 3: Let's get on to the next guy.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Who we got all right?
Speaker 2: You ready?
Speaker 1: The synopsis of wild Card number two, Oh Bud. Standing at six foot three inches and weighing two hundred and twenty four pounds, this dude was a prolific wide receiver in the NFL, playing for the San Francisco forty nine Ers, Philadelphia Egos, Dallas Cowboys, Buffalo Bills, and the Cincinnati Bengals. Drafted in the third round of the nineteen ninety six NFL Draft by the forty nine Ers, he is renowned for his exceptional hands and ability to make plays. He ranks third in NFL history in both receiving yards and touchdowns. He was a six time Pro Bowl selection and was named to the two thousands All Decade Team. Born in Alexander City, Alabama, known for his flamboyant touchdown celebrations, he was often seen as a decisive figure off the field. He was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in two thousand and eighteen. Jules, what wild dude are we talking about right now? Right here? As wild due Er two, Let's get on t O. T oh Man was a wild dude. What's the wildest thing that comes to your mind when you hear of Terrell Owens aka t O?
Speaker 3: The first thing that comes to my mind him doing sit ups in front of his house on a sit up like bench with all the media outside of him.
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 2: During his suspension.
Speaker 1: It was it was during his suspension when he got suspended by the Philadelphia Eagle.
Speaker 2: He looked yoked. He looked yoked, and he looked yoked.
Speaker 1: What I remember that press conference that he did outside of his home when he was doing the sit ups, and I'm telling you I was. I was such in shock of how yoked he was and how ripped that I truly didn't believe that I could play in the NFL from there, because I thought that's what you had to look like in order to catch past in the NFL. Just yeah, absolute specimen, absolute freak of nature. He looked like the guy didn't have an ounce of fat on him, and I was like, damn, I want to look like that one day. Man, that guy is ripped.
Speaker 3: Great smile too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's beautiful. He is freaking t o. Man. He I grew up watching him and I saw I mean, I remember when it just changed overnight. You know. He he struggled with drops early in his career, and then it was that wild card weekend or divisional round game against Green Bay where Steve Young almost fell in his drop and hit him down the middle of the field on a split split safety seam and Terrell caught a ball in front in between three guys, got crunch, made the play, they won the game, and like.
Speaker 3: From there on out, he just took off and is.
Speaker 1: That the play that he you know, started crying right after he made the catch. That just shows that someone loves the game of football as well to have that type of emotion after a play like that and then you're crying right there and then on the field.
Speaker 2: He's an emotional guy.
Speaker 1: That's that's the That's when you know you love the game of football. Though, when a play can make you cry.
Speaker 2: He loved You could tell he he loved he loved football. He liked playing football. I don't know, but he didn't love you know. There's a lot of the team stuff where you know he Andy Reid is considered probably the most like he's a big player coach right from what we hear.
Speaker 1: I played the coach that takes no ship.
Speaker 2: And he had to get him out and they traded him in the division to Cowboys. That's crazy to me. That's a wild move I've heard though. If you go in, if you go against like your rival, that's like one of the oldest rivalries in goddamn football. Philly fucking Cowboys, and he was still elite. Like that's how wild of a dude you have to be.
Speaker 1: He was wild in all aspects. He was wild, you know, playing the game of football. He was wild off the field. He was wild with touchdown celebrations. But he was also wild with what he was going through when playing in some of the games, like the broken leg or the broken ankle in the Super Bowl. It's crazy he broke he literally broke his ankle like toward the er whatever it was, it was basically broken. He played against the Pats in Super Bowl thirty nine. What he he had what I think like nine receptions for one hundred twenty plus yards. Yeah, from what I recall, guest, New England won that Super Bowl baby, twenty four to twenty one. But obviously Philadelphia Eagles they got us back when they beat us in what twenty seventy seventeen. That's because Julian wasn't playing. Jules, if you were playing, we would have won that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, game, you had no problem on offense that year.
Speaker 1: And what's wild about it too, is he signed a waiver to go against the doctor's orders in order to play that game because the doctors were telling him that he couldn't play because of how significant the injury was. But he was so wild, so ambitious, and loved the game of football so much, and he was so wild in his rehab that he got himself to the point where he was able to play in that Super Bowl. And like I said, I'm gonna say it again, nine receptions one hundred and twenty two yards. What two weeks after breaking your ankle or three weeks or whatever it was, I don't know it was. Actually I think he broke it. It was week fifteen, so he had about four or five weeks to recover and I play in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That's fast, bro. You gotta give him credit. Man. He's like one of those ultra competitors where like, it doesn't matter what's going on outside the game, whenever you put him inside the lines, he's gonna ball. And when I watch his film, he's a he's absolutely a freak out there with how big he was, with how he could catch the ball. He looked like a tight end in the middle of the field. But he's fast, He's fucking you know what. You never saw anyone catch t o from behind?
Speaker 1: How did he remind you, remind me of you. I agree with that, bro. What I loved about TiO on the field, especially his young days. Bro, this guy was strong, strong, long legs, strong legs, and the most important thing was he never got tired. To be that size six ' four, two hundred and twenty plus hounds and to never get tired. Yapp in his mouth throing his antics going for over a hundred plus its a game, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean? Because of what's it? Because of because he was drafted to San Francisco, and he saw how Jerry Rice was, and Jerry Rice was the most in shape mother in the history of the goddamn game. And I guarantee, regardless of ow and shape t was, Jerry was Jerry still. And then once you know, I remember the day on Jerry Rices day, that freaking t O caught twenty damn balls on Jerry Rice's last game in the as a Niner. But like having that horse, that rabbit horse, of what Jerry Rice was helped make too how crazy TiO was because in the back of his mind, He's probably thinking, man, that's the greatest receiver. I'm better than him. But he saw how Jerry prepared so he probably took a little bit of that.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, man, well said. And and what also made Too so great as a football player as well. He was so explosives, so explosive, it didn't matter if it was coming you know, right off the line into the route or after making the catch. He would just explode right up the field. And he was so strong because you could tell you he was so strong because like you said, he reminded me of me. I would just say a little bit skinnier and at the wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Positions, but he's kind of like AJ Brown. Yes, he reminds me of AJ Brown.
Speaker 1: And anyone that tried tackling him, he would just throw the defender right off of him.
Speaker 2: T O broke tackle tackles.
Speaker 1: He broke tackles like no other wide receiver broke tackles. That's why he kind of reminds me of myself. It looked like he was a mini me just running through the defense. And he was so physical as well at top of the route. That's what got him open plenty of times. On top of having a deep ball and running by a defender. That's what made Tho so great and special and special as well, and that's why he's a top five receiver of all time, all times five.
Speaker 2: I mean, you watch his film on like five different teams. Even when he was old guy, he was still making crazy play. I mean, he played in a professional game I think like four years ago at fifty. Like he's still a.
Speaker 1: Spe He's playing in basketball leagues, celebrity basketball games. Doesn't get tired, and he's always he's always ready to go. Man, he's never sore. I feel like every time I see him, he's just full speed.
Speaker 2: How wild was it when he went to fucking Dallas and did the star thing? Well? What was wild?
Speaker 1: Well, that was when he was on San Francisco he did the star thing that Emitt Smith came back and did the star thing. He's so freaking wild that he went back and did it again after scoring another touchdown. Asked how wild too is? And he had Dallas absolutely hate him. And then what was so wild in the end is he got traded to Dallas at you know, some point in his career from Philadelphia Eagles, and then they fell in love with him in Dallas as well because he was such a baller and so wild out there on the field and had a freaking like fifty wild TD celebrations as well in Dallas.
Speaker 2: What other TD I remember him doing the popcorn in the face. Oh wait up, he tossed me a ball real quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I got you here here, Julee. Oh oh, Tony Romo, Tony oh, touch it touchdown.
Speaker 2: One of the most famous one that we saw, even influenced Christian McCaffrey on one of our.
Speaker 1: Episodes when You're seven years old.
Speaker 2: Seven years old takes out signs the ball after a touchdown, takes out his sock. How fucking crazy. It's kind of like when you took out the easy button on your fucking out of your out of the thing I.
Speaker 1: Got he influenced. I got Jewles's autograph. Dude, dude, I'm going right to eBay. Baby, I need some money in my bank account. How much will I get, Jules?
Speaker 2: Probably three hundred bucks? Did he influence you to take out the easy button?
Speaker 1: Because actually that is exactly who influenced me, because once I saw the easy button in my locker when Staple sent it to me, I actually was like, Oh, I'm gonna hide this behind the goalposts. No, he hid something behind a goal that.
Speaker 2: Was Joe horn with the cell phone. Ocho, what Ocho tried to hide the easy button?
Speaker 1: Put it this way. I was inspired by Ceo and Chad Ocho come, and that's what made me do the easy button, you know, celebration in practice, because those two guys inspired me to be freaking absolutely wild. So here we go sign football right here, inspired by Too, and we'll be giving this football away everyone.
Speaker 2: One lucky fan. Best comment section in something. We'll discover what it is. But you gotta do something really cool. What else we got? Do we miss anything else?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What I really love about Too as well, and what made him such a beast on the field and so hard to tackle is the way he ran and the way he just got his knees up in the air. He ran with high knees. When you run with high knees like that, it's hired to take someone out and especially catch him from behind. And that's why he looked like, what are those gazelles out there? He looked like a gazelle when he was running, like kind of like a horse as well, and that's why no one can catch him. And that's why he was so great, so fast, so talented, because of those high knees, that.
Speaker 2: Drive that he has. How old is TL right now?
Speaker 1: He's fifty.
Speaker 2: He still looks great, man, he still looks like a professional athlete. If you see I saw him like maybe a couple of years ago somewhere. He was cool as fuck. He still looked like you could go out what a fuck. El Dorado is his middle name, El Dorado, Torrell al Dorado Owens elder. That is a sick I would have gone as El Dorado, el Dorado Owens.
Speaker 1: I would have been a badass football name.
Speaker 2: El Dorado.
Speaker 1: Imagine's putting al Dorado. I'm back of a jersey name el Dorado. Why don't you give me some man? You don't know that song.
Speaker 3: What's the craziest injury that you played through?
Speaker 1: I would say, Uh, I basically did the same thing. Uh when I basically snapped my ankle in half AFC Championship game a Baltimore Ravens. I came back in that game about fifteen minutes later and played, you know, about eight minutes with eight minutes left in the fourth quarter. So that was one of the craziest injuries I played through. Oh. Also, I broke six of my ribs when I was in Tampa, I got level going across the middle. Tom set me up once again.
Speaker 3: I think we've we talked about that, didn't we I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, like we talked about that already.
Speaker 1: And I broke six of my ribs and then the x ray machine showed that I didn't break any ribs. So I went back in the game, like, oh, I can't. I gotta go back and I can't, you know, be a be a sissy. The x ray machine said I had no broken ribs. So I go back in the game, get two more catches. I'm like, I'm hurting, bro, I'm hurting like this, this this is bad. So I take myself back out of the game. We go home, and then I get an MRI and I have six broken ribs. Jesus so I played through that. That was That was painful. That was painful.
Speaker 2: What about him and Ocho having a TV show together?
Speaker 1: I remember it was hosted by like Kevin Fraser and it was like a network.
Speaker 2: We really never heard of it. But what would our show be called? Name? That's the Tohow. That's a pretty good name. How about theo Gronky Nuts. Gronky Nuts. I like it gronk and jewels, gronking jewels.
Speaker 3: And then last, let us know what you guys think of our show.
Speaker 2: It should be Also, we'd be crazy if we don't talk about when he started crying about Tony Romo and that's my quarterback.
Speaker 3: You know how many times I've used that in just like a jokingly term.
Speaker 1: I've heard you use it plenty of times. What about his shades though, those those are some pretty awful shades.
Speaker 2: I liked them. I thought they were swaggy.
Speaker 1: I was not a fan of them.
Speaker 2: I bet you he's just a misunderstood dude. He's got a lot of emotions in there. I wonder what his upbringing was because he would have those bursts, you know what I mean. But you knew he loved the game.
Speaker 1: Well, what kind of dude is Torell Owens jewels?
Speaker 2: I think it's easy for this one. I mean, he's he could put them in as a dog because he's a dog. He's definitely a stud whiz. He's uh, he's could be a whiz.
Speaker 1: I mean he definitely it was all purpose on the field. I mean he could take handoffs as well. He could do everything on the Yeah, he was he was an everything on football player besides a running back.
Speaker 3: But I think it's one thing and one thing only.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you. I mean, this guy had unparallel physical abilities still one up one, his instincts were through the roof. I I gotta go.
Speaker 2: One, two, three, freak, absolute freaking nature.
Speaker 1: I got another question real quick, Jewels, would you cry for Tom Brady?
Speaker 2: I did cry for Tom Brady, but it wasn't in the same context. It was when I read about him leaving New England and without you know, reading it from him. I read it on ESPN bottom ticker that Brady signed to Tampa Bay, and then you know, I had a single tier run down my my beard. I just saw him three days before too, Jimmy fucking fallin at the goddamn Syracuse game. The guy didn't hint anything to me.
Speaker 1: I feel for you, Jules.
Speaker 3: Would you cry for him?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna cry right now? Let's see if you can? Can you cry on command?
Speaker 1: I'm just crying just thinking about a good times I think.
Speaker 2: Is that I see a tear.
Speaker 1: I'm trying.
Speaker 2: I see a tear. I'm trying.
Speaker 1: I just tried. I almost I almost got a tear. Wow, I almost got a tear. That was pretty good. Hey, good, I think I'm actually feeling more emotional.
Speaker 2: Now, where did you go to get the emotion?
Speaker 1: I just thought about all our Super Bowl wins and how much work we put in and and how it's all over.
Speaker 2: That's what you pulled from to get the tier I need to. I'm working on my tears. I just did an audition where I had to have a sex scene with the guy over zoom. Oh, I didn't get the fucking roll.
Speaker 1: That's good. I'm glad you did itje us God, it would be the definition of dudes on dudes.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after this quick break. Let's get on to the next guy. Aie, all right, who we got here? Who's our last guy?
Speaker 1: Standing at five foot ten inches and weighing one hundred and eighty five pounds, this dude was a dynamic cornerback and return specialist in the NFL. He played for the Tennessee Titans, Dallas Cowboys, Cincinnati Bengals, and Denver Broncos. Drafted six overall in the two thousand and five NFL Draft, he was known for his exceptional speed and agility, highlighted by a four to three to eight second forty yard dash. In his career, he was named to three Pro Bowls and a first team All Pro selection. Before his NFL career, he made a name for himself at West Virginia University.
Speaker 2: Let's get on pac Man Jones.
Speaker 1: Jus, what's the first thing you think of when you hear the name Adam pac Man Jones?
Speaker 2: Well, the first thing I think of is Bengal formation. Remember we had a series of formations. It was an empty formation where that F moved so Tiger, our reminder was Kevin Falk. The F was always Kevin Falk. He was in the slot, yes Brown, he was always outside, so you always knew where everyone was. The F was on the outside of the formation. For Bengal, we learned Bengal that he was all the way inside the formation because Bengals always went to jail. And I'm pretty sure pac Man went to a couple of those things, and he had a couple of those antiques.
Speaker 3: He was part of our learning of a formation.
Speaker 1: Who came up with that creation?
Speaker 3: Bengals are always in jail.
Speaker 1: I wish you shared that knowledge with me. I would have understood the playbook a lot easier.
Speaker 2: Well, on that side. You were always on the back side. So the Y and the X were always they didn't move. It was always the front side of the formation that had to move on that series of formations.
Speaker 3: That's how crazy our fucking formation was.
Speaker 2: But that's the first thing I think of when I think of pac Man, because I remember when we were installing this formation, CHATTYO brought up you know, pac Man got caught up at the Strip club. Again.
Speaker 3: Those Bengals are always in jail. That's just how you guys remind it.
Speaker 1: And I can tell you this, if you're if you're at Bengal and you're in jail, you're gonna be a tough SOB, that's for sure. And that's the type of player that he was out on the football field. He was tough, he could tackle. I mean, he wasn't the biggest dB, but let me tell you, he acted like he was the biggest act. He played like a linebacker. He was like, how did you describe it earlier? Coming off of the ads.
Speaker 2: He knifeed it.
Speaker 1: So what he wasn't just one of those plastic knives. It was a freaking a steak knife.
Speaker 3: He was definitely like a steak knife.
Speaker 2: So a lot. I remember a lot of the coaching plans when we'd have pac Man, they would play him into the boundary corner. He'd be a boundary corner, and a lot of times they would play a cover two and pac Man would be the last or he would be the outside edge defender, so like we'd always have to worry. It almost looked like it was a blitz because he was crunching so much and he was knifeing so much. But it was just he was such an instinctive smart player that he knew because of formation that he could go in there. So you always had to be on your p's and q's when you had pac Man in the boundary because he was so elite in the run game as a corner, like he was an unbelievable punt returner. I used to watch him all the time as a punp returner because I would always like to watch the best punp returners in the league to see how they were getting open. And he was just such a fast guy. He knew how, he had great field awareness, great field vision. He put his foot in the ground and he would go and he could outrun people. He was elite speed. I mean you don't go six overall from West Virginia, which West Virginia had a lot of players at this time. You got to tip your cap and Pat White, you know, McAfee went there that they had a lot of good players. But he went six overall at five ten. You know that's crazy. It doesn't matter if you have elite speed or not. So that tells you how good of a football player he was. What do you see?
Speaker 1: I mean he was scrappy, talked a lot of shit.
Speaker 2: Meet him on the spot on the field a couple of times.
Speaker 1: I mean he've almost fall freaking fifty different NFL players out on the football field because he would get under their skin. I respected it, though, Yeah, yeah, you definitely had a respect to because that was him. It wasn't like it was just coming out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: It was him.
Speaker 1: It was him, no, and you gotta appreciate that. What I really loved about him too, just as ball skills man, whenever he was around the ball, it would.
Speaker 2: Be tipped up in the air, he was bringing up down.
Speaker 1: He had wide receiver hands and uh, you want to kind of know what he reminds me of because he had so many returns as a kickoff returner and punt returner, but also when he would return the ball on an interception. Is that he looked like a third down running back. He running with that ball. Man, I feel like he could have played the running back position because of just how shifty he was and just how his hands were. They were they were very you know, very uh well, am I looking for consistent consistent of being able to catch the ball. So he was a third down back playing corner and you talked about him like he was a middle linebacker like but really on top of it, he was a great cover guy, you know, great ball skills, like I said, and like yeah, And I got a little story my rookie year. I mean it was pac Man Jones out there, why cover, going one on one versus whoever he was covering, and West was in the slot and uh he but we did a quick pass to West, so you know at the you know, lined up inside at the tight end position. You know how I bolt out there and I gotta go bock to block the dB. And this is my first game I've ever played, and I saw it was pac Man. I was like, oh shit, do I really want to block this guy? Like I don't know what he's gonna do to me. I mean, all these stories about pac Man out there talking shit, coming out after you, getting under your skin.
Speaker 2: That was in the scouting report.
Speaker 1: It was, it really was. It was in the back of my head. But I was like, I screw that. I gotta I gotta show my abilities. I gotta do me. So I kind of ran that pack man, broke down a little bit, got right into his chest. Boy drove him about three four yards right to the sideline. West ran right behind me, scored a touchdown, baby, and I just turned around, like you that's right. I just blocked back. Man. Joel, motherfuck, let's go to the strip without Bobby. Joels, you're talking about how you almost fought pac Man Jones on the field. Well, what does a dB have to do to make you want to fight him? What was he saying to you or what did he do to you?
Speaker 2: Come on, Joel was calling me white boy or something. You ain't got shit, no speed? Yeah he was giving I don't I don't even remember.
Speaker 1: But I mean, it was pretty easy to get under your skin, really, okay, Jeel's not really.
Speaker 2: Oh, if you piece me off, that means I was into one hundred and ten percent every fucking play, So a lot of guys would do it because I was gonna keep it going. But I don't know. I remember one time I took a ball and pac Man thought I was gonna go out of bounds, and I kind of trucked him and he looked up and he got up and he started talking shit to me because I had like thirty yards and he was coming right here, like he didn't have any momentum, so like that person's gonna win. And I lit him up and he looked at me. He said some shit. I forgot what he said, but he said, fuck you, you stealing shit dog or something. I was like, fuck you, pack man. I didn't want to talk too much shit to pack me because I heard about the guns and shit. I heard about the strip clubs and stuff, so you know, I didn't know if he would take it off the field, So I was like, what's up, pac Man?
Speaker 1: What's the dog?
Speaker 2: But I love pac Man. We've did We've got to hang out a few times. He's a fun dude like, and he's grown up a lot. I think he's great on podcasts and shit. I saw I watched him on McAfee. He's you know, he's he's done very well off the field and in transforming his his kind of is it like we when we were all playing, pac Man was like he was a dude that was he got in trouble, you got suspend it and shit. Now like it's been awesome to see him reimage himself and become like he's working for ESPN for a while.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's one of the only dudes that had the borderline antics of getting arrested, going to the Strip club and being known for all of that. And he's still in the media and he and he's he's killing he's still a guy that people look up to because that's how good of a football player he was. And he owned it as well. That's when you know you're a great, you know, football player and someone who you know who you are because you own it. And when you own something like that, it's not like you're gonna get canceled or written off. You're gonna find opportunities that present to you. And that's what pac Man Jones has done for his life. And that's why he's on the Pat McAfee show now and he's doing a great job and I love the Pat McAfee show. Just speaking of wild cars, that guy's a wild card in the best way possible. I mean, that guy comes up with freaking dilemmas and notions like no one else can possibly do, and I love it.
Speaker 2: What's the Mount Rushmore of athletes turned podcasters?
Speaker 1: Mmm? All right, well, I would say, obviously, let's start with that guy right there, Pat mcmacgee. I mean he was one of the first. He actually stopped playing football so he can get into that world. Yeah, doing podcasts the media. Yeah crazy. He changed the game.
Speaker 2: He changed the game.
Speaker 1: Yes, he took a chance. He was the ultimate wild card for doing that. And let me tell you, he changed the game for all these other players that are, you know, after they retire and trying to find a second life. So Pat McAfee definitely number one, no doubt about that. Uh, let's just say a bunch of names that to be on there, great podcast, Shannon Sharp, no doubt about that. Obviously, the Kelsey brothers. They're doing a great job.
Speaker 2: Is that it. There's only four them out rush Now.
Speaker 1: Well, let's not even do Mount Rushmore. Let's just name a couplet's just have a category A category, Top top ten, top eight, you know whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Kelsey's a fun Yes, they do great job.
Speaker 1: JJ Raddick did great, man, I like to head coaching job. He's not podcasting.
Speaker 2: Anymore, guy, I mean he was such a good podcast you got a head coaching job out him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's for sure. Brandon Marshall's legit. I think you've done some stuff.
Speaker 2: With I ATH. He's a freaking entrepreneur. I'm very proud of what he's done. The Cat and PMT, they're they're former high school athletes.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are, man, You're right, high school athletes and Big Cat and PMT they're like one of the originals as well to start podcasting.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you look at Big Cat with his shirt off, I mean I think he's not an athlete. I think he's big guy.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 2: He's got like good eyebrows. He got a nice beard. He does like he tries to play the fat guy. So fat, none good. Look, he's actually a handsome game. He lost thirty pounds. He'd probably be in fucking GQ.
Speaker 1: He's like one of those chubby guys that you want to snuggle. He is, Yeah, like and it's comfortable. He's very snuggling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's nice and warm, you know, like pac Man Joe.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, pac Man. Yeah, pac Man.
Speaker 2: You know another thing about pac Man that that's not really known out there. I mean, he's a he's a stand up dude. He you know, he may he may have his antics and shit, but as a human being, he's a great dude. Chris Henry lost his kids. Pac Man's raising him and pac Man's providing for them, and pac Man's the mentor for him. You've seen pac Man Jones grow up over the last twenty years. I mean, he's not the guy he was when he was in the first got in the league, going to strip clubs and shit. Maybe he is, but he contains a little. But he's a fucking stand up dude. You gotta tip your cat to him. Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to pac Man for taking on that role and doing He's a good ass. For his friend you know that that you know, passed away. That was a sad story. But also Chris Henry Jr. Pac Man raised him and he's committed to play football at the Ohio State University. Geez. So that's a cool story right there. And obviously learning from pac Man Jones, one of the most athletic, you know, sensational cornerbacks that ever played the game. You know, make sure you check out Chris Henry Junior when he's at the Ohio State Universe. He's gonna be a heck of a player, I bet.
Speaker 2: And once again, a wild card is not just like doing bad things. It's just unpredictable of good, bad, whatever. And pac Man is is the wild card guy. You know. He does some great.
Speaker 1: Sea, does great things, does some wild things that you're kind of unsure of, but then he always backs it up by doing another great thing as well, another good deeds.
Speaker 2: Who are some teammates that you consider family?
Speaker 1: Uh? Well, first off, you jeweles Man, You're definitely part of the family. I mean we're all family, our podcasting team, we're all family here. Another teammate, Dola, definitely a family member. Nico Kuda VID's I mean, Matthew Slater. We don't hang out with him as much.
Speaker 2: He's like the older brother that you know, just looks down.
Speaker 1: And making sure that we're doing the right things. Still, if we're doing the wrong thing, he's going to give us a call and say, buddy, what should clean it up? Your act is getting a little out of control.
Speaker 2: Now. Tom's kind of like older. Yeah brother too.
Speaker 1: Tom's like are older older older brother, older older brother. That's making sure we're on the right page. Who else we got? Chandler Jones?
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Chandler Jones was Chan was the He was the blackgronk and I was the white chan Man when we were in New England. That's what we called each other. Love Chan. I will always consider him one of my brothers.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Definitely, no, no, no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: Ninko Ninko. He's like the brother that you like. Everyone has a brother that you bully. Yeah, yeah, we do bully him. What kind of dude is pac Man Jones? Let's get into what kind of dude is pac Man Jones? Uh, he's definitely. I bet you he's a dude's dude in a certain way. I bet you anyone that played with them.
Speaker 1: I bet you was a great teammate actually, because he had wonderful stories to get everyone going.
Speaker 3: Hey, when you make the club trying to make everyone have fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the truth. Energy to the table, that's all it matters, no matter how you do it. You know, with whatever antic you're doing you're bringing the energy to the table and you're.
Speaker 2: Into him being a dude's dude. Yeah, you're talking to him being a dude's dude. He's also a stud.
Speaker 3: We can't forget he was drafted six overall.
Speaker 2: He's fucking four to three guy.
Speaker 1: Five ten he like a linebacker.
Speaker 2: Ten total fucking kickoff return touchdowns like seven pick six is this guy was elite with the ball in his hand. Thank god he played corner.
Speaker 1: I mean it was he wasn't a freak. I mean, because a freak is. You know, there's the statue.
Speaker 2: He was freaky speed.
Speaker 1: He had and fifty freaking two weeks ago. It wasn't like he was a six foot six corner.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he got freaking had common size, so.
Speaker 2: That you know on three, we know what it is. Yeah, we do know what one two three.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 2: He's got that dog mentality. He's motivated. I mean, you bite him, he's coming right back at you. He's gonna he's gonna be a pit bull.
Speaker 1: He canna come back to you as a pit bull, and he ain't gonna stop until the fight's over.
Speaker 2: No, he's not man. He's definitely a dog fucking pac man. We got to compete against him a lot, and he was always you knew you had to bring your a game against.
Speaker 1: Always barking at yea too during always whether.
Speaker 2: Good or bad, he was barking. All right. Since this episode is all about wild dudes, we're gonna assemble our top five list of least wildest dudes in the NFL.
Speaker 3: The least wildest dudes in the NFL.
Speaker 1: I think this is a lot easier than wild dudes because it's rare to have like a wild wild dude do all his antics and then stay in the NFL and get away with it all.
Speaker 2: That's tough to do.
Speaker 1: Bro, Like I'm in that category. I would say you're in that category a little bit. Like it's harder to be a wild freaking dude and still have a career. It is so like these guys are lame that we're about to talk about.
Speaker 2: I can tell you that. And we'll start it up with Kirk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kirk Cousins. He's definitely, definitely, I thought, one of the least wild dudes in the league.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, I love Kurt. He's so funny.
Speaker 1: You love these guys. He's dud dude, but they're just not wild I mean he's not wild. You know that they're going to be straight A students right from the get go. T Boh yeah yeah Tebow and we know t Bo's not wild. Yeah, that's a good point. You know, he's just in that weight room. Matthew Slater love him, but just not that wild.
Speaker 2: He's no straight lace, straight lace.
Speaker 1: But played like twenty years in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Oh Kurt Warner bagging groceries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, see see wild cards are bagging hose dan Orlowski.
Speaker 2: Oh he's so unwild. Yeah, it's it's fun.
Speaker 1: The wildest thing he did in his career was stop out of the end zone. Yeah, his own end zone for safety.
Speaker 2: Also, I hear him, I hear him talking about jacking off or something. Wasn't he talking like it's bad to masturbate. This guy needs to up lighting up, but loosen up, loosen up, straight laced saying he ain't loosen up anything he ain't playing. That's a pretty good list.
Speaker 1: That is a good list. Maybe one more.
Speaker 2: Who do you think maybe your boy?
Speaker 1: Uh, you know we played with him, you were always beefing with him.
Speaker 2: That that safety that we had, oh, you mean the most the most company guy there is in the history of company guy, the one who may may have been an offspring of the head coach. That's what I'm talking Who are you talking about?
Speaker 1: You know, Devin mccordy, first round pick in my draft, stole the shine from me that year.
Speaker 2: You know what dev? Dev looked he he used to make fun of the wild cards.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 2: He looked down. He was arrogant against the wild cards, which you needed that, you needed that. But you know, loosen up a little, Bubbs, loosen up a little.
Speaker 1: He definitely despise our party.
Speaker 2: Oh, he despised it, but secretly loved it. There was always the married men and then that would look at you. But you know, then they'd ask a couple of questions when everyone wasn't looking like, Yo, what was it? I was? It was off the chain, the private boat, it was private, Jen, it was gnarly.
Speaker 1: Oh the New York City trips. Oh you stayed home.
Speaker 2: Well, that's been another episode of Dudes on Dudes. What could we have done better? Next episode, Rob, we could have been more while jewels, I think we could have Let us know. Let us know in the comment section. Please subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, or wherever you listen to your podcast, come in a dude you want us to do and remember to rate.
Speaker 1: And review and remember the file. Dudes on Dudes on YouTube, Instagram, Acts, TikTok, and snapchat. We will see ya next week.
Speaker 2: See you next week.
Speaker 1: And Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.