Speaker 1: The best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: It's listener Q and A Time.
Speaker 1: We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions.
Speaker 2: What's up everybody? Listener Q and A time.
Speaker 3: Right. Thought he was getting away, but not quite yet. He is joining me for a part three here for some listener questions.
Speaker 4: That was off Mike on Mike that I said that said that I don't like our listeners.
Speaker 2: No, you didn't say that. I said you thought you were getting out of here. That's what you did. Okay, we're starting with shoutouts.
Speaker 3: Christine has I love his love for Sam and the excitement he brings.
Speaker 2: To the show. And then she put it, Yeah, that was perfect timing. It was so great.
Speaker 4: I almost forgot that I do. Yeah, that that's my thing until Eddie the other day was were on a sweatshirt. It said yeah, it said my exact quote all over his sweatshirt, and it reminded me that's what you need to do. That's your thing.
Speaker 2: It is your thing. How did you forget your own thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah happens.
Speaker 3: Okay, Happy birthday, Ray, Welcome to the thirty nine Club. That was from a listener, not a question belonged to listeners. Mike and Sierra got engaged this past weekend in New Milford, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: So congratulations to Mike and Sierra.
Speaker 4: Yeah, steal the thunder. I mean, it was my birthday, lots.
Speaker 3: Of things to celebrate. Very happy birthday. Thank you, thanks for being here, Mike and Sierra. Congratulations, very exciting.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I only got well two more seconds on this and we're getting momosas it's my birthday weekend.
Speaker 3: I know you're right, love your podcast. We're all here for you. I also got another one that was really sweet. Thanks for being real Morgan. You're beautiful and I admire you so much.
Speaker 4: That's you, is it? Cur The ones?
Speaker 3: Look, look, I just go through the ones that are all comments and the ones that are all questions, and there's only like six.
Speaker 2: I did every single comment.
Speaker 4: There was, there was no comments.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's also another one who came in. He looks like Paul from jail Break.
Speaker 4: Got thanks.
Speaker 2: I can't help what people put in here. I'm just sharing the call.
Speaker 3: Like people write in like hey, no question, but like here's how I feel.
Speaker 2: And then the rest of the questions that I have. Your wife, you put in a question that we're answering.
Speaker 4: Okay, so like I really do use.
Speaker 2: I tried to. There's a lot of.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't told me that I should have been. Like, uh, Laura from North Nashville wants to know.
Speaker 3: You'll know which one it is for sure. There's no way I can. Okay, let's get into these questions. Stop roasting me. Do you feel lonely in the box by yourself? Abby in Tennessee?
Speaker 2: I think she's talking about the glassroom, and I think she thinks you're by yourself?
Speaker 4: No, because Abby sits to my left and then Steve is to my right. So it's pretty full and we're rocking and rolling. And also all the artists come through there. There's salespeople that come in upper brass suits and mustaches. So there's a lot going on in the glassroom. I'm very happy in there. What are you trying to get at?
Speaker 2: No loneliness in the glassroom?
Speaker 4: What are that?
Speaker 2: Also came from an abbey in Tennessee? So that could be Abby?
Speaker 4: Okay, thanks phone girl. Abby?
Speaker 3: Who knows what are the things you do for the show? The average listener wouldn't know. Mark and Tampa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of writing that we do. We try to prepare stuff as best as we possibly can with news stories, breaking them down from the title to also main bullet points to hit and then I do a couple thought starter idea segments, and then we all try to make our own personal lives seem as interesting and possible and make a New York Post type headline or a Daily Mail type headline boom, I went on vacation and almost got killed in Mexico. But that's definitely clickbait. And then you try, you try to summarize and then give bones an angle to where you can tie it into something to do with the show. So that's behind the scenes you necessarily don't see. And then there are a lot of boring programming that I do in the early morning hours, and it's it's not necessarily writing code, but it's codes that only I would understand. Morgan is the web girl triple X Morgan X.
Speaker 2: Why did I just get a triple X? Isn't that like R rated?
Speaker 4: But she wouldn't understand my code? And I know you write code for the website. I don't understand your code.
Speaker 3: CML code, Yeah, your what did you call audio engineer code?
Speaker 4: We have our own type of speak if you will. There's lost in translation. Even though we speak the same language, we speak different code.
Speaker 2: Very interesting, very AI of us.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else you want to add to this list?
Speaker 4: I mean I got a little boring there when I started talking about the code, so I just tried to bail from the segment.
Speaker 2: Okay, you were boring us. It was fun.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I gotta wake up and restart the computer because our computers suck. And then I got to my keyboard, actually my exclamation point, my email at sign, the question mark, the commas, the semi colons don't work. So for the last couple of days when I do notes, I have to do dot dot dot is kind of an explanation point. I can't do question marks. I can't capitalize stuff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so you need a new keyboard.
Speaker 4: But I digress. I got a little into it. There's boring stuff like that that goes on.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, Mark goes great.
Speaker 3: What is y'all's downtime after waking up? So Dan early, Chris, what your downtime like?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Downtime is the second I get home, I try to eat and go take a nab. I try to get thirty minutes and then I'll then we then we pump it up at the house. We're doing all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 2: Not really, I was like, are you pumping up by the house? What are you doing? Another house?
Speaker 4: I got now on the patio, I have the golf mat where I'm now chipping into the backyard. I got two acres. I'm just hitting golf balls everywhere. That's awesome. But uh, then I try to think of ideas for the show.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Baser's work from home, so try to not annoy her. And I'm also taking care of the cat. But I like to do fun stuff with the cat. Put the cat in the stroller. I'm going around the house and then Baser will be on.
Speaker 2: A zoom card with the stroller.
Speaker 4: We do. We go outside. She has her own little area she goes. It's dope. Baser gets annoyed. If me and my I call her it's Piper. I call her Fluffy. If me and Fluffy are being too louds she's got a zoom call. And we're playing games. We're doing all kinds of stuff. Buddy justin he'll come over. We'll play golf some days because he works at the hospital, so we'll have a random two day off, so let's try and hump a golf game. Do stuff like that. It's cool, it's fun. I try to rock a run too. Okay, Yeah, started in kan Kun brought it back to America.
Speaker 2: Baby, I'm really proud of you.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Really exciting stuff. Great healthy toys. Do not answer these my sometimes I will. But my my downtime is I mean, after work, I pretty much immediately go to the gym because if I go home, I'm not working out.
Speaker 4: Low key workout flocks.
Speaker 3: No, It's like literally, if I go home, I won't leave my house.
Speaker 4: Studies about that, they say, you get on that couch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I'll be a little couch potato.
Speaker 3: So go work out and then I go home, and I typically work for a couple more hours when I get home. So my downtime isn't really the same as race.
Speaker 2: Playing with Fluffy.
Speaker 4: Do you say nap at all?
Speaker 2: I'll naps some days, but it's not consistent.
Speaker 4: Okay, it'll be like random.
Speaker 3: I've had more naps lately because I'm like mentally exhausted, But the naps aren't normally a part of it.
Speaker 4: But the animals are rocking their naps at your house.
Speaker 2: Oh they are, They're all land. They're so happy. I'm home. I'm working on the couch. I have like that TV on.
Speaker 3: The pets are asleep and I'm working specifically, like my six hours.
Speaker 4: There's nothing better than background TV. I have watched a million shows and I have no idea what they're about. Basers got it? Yeah, from background TV?
Speaker 3: What is your favorite, like background TV choice? If you're like, I'm just gonna throw.
Speaker 4: Something on, Gosh, you gotta let me. You got a vamp?
Speaker 2: I got a vamp?
Speaker 3: Why you gotta text baser? Yeah, you don't even have like one that you specifically.
Speaker 4: I loved Love Island. That was good. Yeah, let that flow. But she's watching this one that you really like you're watching. I couldn't tell you any of the characters anything. All I know is they hook up all the time. They look rich. The girl actresses are just great.
Speaker 2: So it's like background hook up for you. Like it's like they're poking up in the background of whatever you're doing.
Speaker 4: No, no, I mean that's not the main plot.
Speaker 2: That's what you literally just said is the only plot.
Speaker 4: It's just it's good. The music they plays good. It seems like every scene, they'll tie in a good musical track. Okay, it's in Love Island. That's why I love it because they play all the new pop music.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you like the music vibes. The Accident, the Accident.
Speaker 4: You're not watching it.
Speaker 2: I can't say that I've even heard of it. What is it on?
Speaker 4: It's such a great background show. I actually want to bring it in the forefront and watch the Sucker.
Speaker 3: Really, they're gonna go back and watch it, The Accident.
Speaker 2: It's a thriller series.
Speaker 4: It's all you girl.
Speaker 2: Is this Spanish?
Speaker 4: No? No? If maybe it was, you know, I'm just like listening to it.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know that it might be an I get tell. It's just all a bunch of Spanish actors. So that's why I think that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it'd being bilingual and everything like that, you know, like as signor Raymundo as said Tete Vision. So it's sometimes I hear the Spanish didn't even know it. That's crazy, that's wild.
Speaker 2: This is when a birthday party takes a tragic turn at Ripples.
Speaker 4: No, she's talking about that dang show.
Speaker 3: I was like, this does not feel like a great background TV show, and it is Spanish.
Speaker 4: That one she was watching though, that's the one the bouncy House. No, I'm not saying this is just the plot the bouncy House goes over. I saw that it's called the Accident. That's not the background because that.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, that's a horrible background TV show.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, while we wait for your other actual one, did you do Mike's podcast intro?
Speaker 2: I've always wondered, Chandler from CALLI, Yes you did.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, baser love is blind. No, yeah, I did it for him. Every time it airs, he gives me a dime. So really yeah, so hopefully I can retire in the next ten.
Speaker 3: That's your retirement plan. Yeah, okay, good for you. That's a good question, Chandler, I didn't know that. How is the plasma injection for hair regrowth going? Asking for a friend?
Speaker 4: Amazing? And guys, listen to this. Go to Nashville PSI Plastic Surgery Institute for all your needs. And I have just discovered rogaine.
Speaker 2: Pills, So I feel like Rain's been around for years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this is an oral It's an oral injection, and what they do is they pill cut it. There's a whole one. They'll chop it. You do a half a day keeps the doctor away. And my hair has never been so through okay, So that I would say yes natural PSI thank you, and then through them I got the rogaine Oral.
Speaker 2: Your hair does look really good.
Speaker 4: So guys, you got a whole spike going up here, go oral with the roguain.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, on that note, we're gonna take a quick break. We'll be right back. Alan would like to tell you, well, he wouldn't like to tell you.
Speaker 3: He would like you to tell your favorite funny story that you often tell people, like when you go to a party. What's your story that you kind of have in your back pocket? Maybe you don't have one, maybe you're just off the cuff all the time.
Speaker 4: So one time I was in Costa Rica and they said, uh, tropical depression was the name of it. And you can look this up. It was in two thousand and eight. It has a name. It was a name storm Tropical depression came through Costa Rica. All the students, they were all from Texas. We all came together. There's a quick little study abroad as I called it, party abroad story Costa Rica summer I was there all summer. I got four semesters of Spanish, That's why I'm so fluent Esta. And so we're there and a durentchio in America. There it was more of a tropical depression. Thunder waves, rain, lightning, massive storm. It's washing roads out, Bro, girl, bro, and everybody's inside. You know, you got all these Texas State hicks. They never left their homes much less than in a storm. All the bros. I mean, you got the most jack dudes you could imagine at Texas State. They're all in steroids. They're staying in the bungalows. And I said that I'm going to ride it. Bruh. So I go there was auto boosts was still running, and I go from our school. Didn't really tell anybody because they were advising against it. And I said, I'm going on the auto boost. So I go on the auto boos. Yeah, give them a couple of klones. And the auto boost driver takes me to the beach Laplaia and it's raining, thunder. All the shops have closed, they put down their blinds and even their then hurricane shutters and it's the place was Manuel Antonio look it up. This olfactual two thousand and eight summer, there was a tropical depression and I am at Laplaia, and I said, this is crazy. I'm watching it all. It's not enough of a hurricane. It's not blowing me. It's not I mean, it's it's moving me. It's not like a full on blow me, you know, like not. So I'm on the beach and I said, this is so crazy, this is awesome. I had my surfboard that I bought there. I was there the whole summer. Why not buy a surfboard for one hundred dollars when you only came with like five hundred and you're basically dirt poor. So I bought a ndred dollars surfboard and I said, I'm gonna ride this mother effort. And so girl, bruh. I get in the water. I'm like ankle deep and I go, let's go if either we're gonna do it or we're not gonna do it. And so I start going ten feet, fifteen feet, twenty feet. I'm out where the waves are hitting in a tropical depression. Nobody's on the beach. There's locals, there's Texas State students. No, it's me and one shop keeper that decided to stay open that sold Deli sandwiches. And it is just coming down. I get on the board. It's tough to get up on the board. I mean, I'm pretty much was on it for like two seconds, you know, but I would get on the board through. Knock me off, Get on the board, knock me off. Then came the perfect storm. This wave just roars up behind me. You guys ever seen the perfect storm? That big ass wave. This is the one. And I get on it, on the board and I'm actually riding it, okay, and it's we're riding into shore and that you can feel the undertol. It's pulling my legs and doing everything it possibly can. My board is going back and forth, and then the wave takes me. I'm no longer the board was attached to me, but I'm no longer really on the board. But it's still there, Okay, Me and the board. This wave I've never I don't even know. If I told my parents this, they would be terrified. In a tropical depression. Yeah, I've said that a couple times. The board and me go up in the air. It flings us. I would say five to ten feet in the air. My board like a spear, goes into the beach and snaps in half. And it was just me and I was like, oh my gosh, oh my gosh. I was like that woldking crazy. I'm never gonna do that ever again. I probably lost, almost lost my life and oh my gosh, I just my board just snapped in half. But what an amazing story.
Speaker 2: You had a near death experience.
Speaker 4: I wrote depression. The next day, the shopkeeper said he couldn't repair my board because he said it was even worse than a shark attack. It was literally snapped in half. So that was the end of my surfboard.
Speaker 2: One hundred dollar dirt, poor fi situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I then got back on the auto booths after getting a Deli sandwich, okay, And it was just me in a tropical depression on a bus by myself, eating a Deli sandwich with your broken ford, with a snapped ass surfboard, riding back to KPOS. It's a great story, And I said, nobody's gonna believe this. There was no phones back then, there was no Instagram, there was no Twitter.
Speaker 2: It was just me and my memories, and I'm I'm glad you're still here today.
Speaker 4: Ray, and I tell that story at every party, and guess what what, nobody tops it because I rode a wave in a massive hurricane and got snapped off.
Speaker 2: I'm really glad you're still alive.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That was a great story. That was a really good, funny story. Alan appreciate that question. It was great. Okay, Stephanie, we're moving along. What are some hobbies you have, Ray.
Speaker 4: Definitely golf. I do like to work out. I try to work out every morning, get more. I'm getting more into cardio, so I am running now. I've been doing it for a little while.
Speaker 2: And you're one Mallar dare.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No more than that. Fantasy sports. I still dabble in betting. I'm talking small bets, and it's not just oh I'm gonna bet on the game tonight. I bet futures. I bet an investment. So I'll pick seven different sports and I will parlay them all together and if they hit, I win hundreds of thousands of dollars and I retire. So it's not me wanting just the quick, fast money. It's me thinking of my future, thinking of my end game. If things like Georgia say, and I do vary it where I will go at Georgia wins the National championship, oh in Oregon, paired with a Yankees paired with a Christian McCaffrey winning the rushing title. Those things all happen in the cosmos, like when you got crapped on by the bird. If the cosmos wants that all to happen, I win one hundred thousand dollars and I retire. Those are my hobbies. Okay, I digressed.
Speaker 2: Has that happened for you yet?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, no, no, just you.
Speaker 2: Know, making sure I didn't miss some part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dabbling in that I like to collect. We're doing a little bit of sports memorabilia. We're starting to get the frames, the cases for the helmet, so I like autographs on Like what bones is into sports memorabilia? It's huge right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, and you're into it also? Are you doing like the breaks and stuff?
Speaker 4: Yes, a little bit. We've weaned from them, but enough to win When.
Speaker 2: You say we is it you?
Speaker 4: No, it's it's basers ticktog account. But we do it on hers.
Speaker 2: Okay, and she's cool with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, hobbied it up.
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 3: Okay, favorite part of your new home. What you wish you did differently? Darcy is about to build did differently?
Speaker 4: I gotta say, because we designed it from ground zero to a T, I mean maybe move the house. It's in the perfect position because we ever wanted a pool the area, so so I thought the one thing, there's no different we designed it. Okay, how can you want anything different? We had the beautiful, gracious blessing of Baser's father to build our house. He's a contractor. Were we live a charmed life? Okay, I wouldn't change the damn thing. But let me say this. Our house faces it doesn't face the neighborhoods, so the neighbors kind of see the unattractive that see the garage. You know, I kind of want to show it off, so but it would look dumb. I wish we kind of flipped it so that I could show off to the neighbors, but then just the neighbors. So it would never work. But if there was a way I would do that. And if I my Phil, my father in law here is its be like you're a dumbay dude. That's that would never have happened. But he did a pimpe job. We're so happy. I mean, we did the wide open living space. We got vaulted ceilings. You can see the kitchen all the way to the It is so open.
Speaker 2: You can in a ranch style, right, yes.
Speaker 4: But super open. You don't need all these blocked off Hey, sun, come here, no sons standing right in front. You know I need my cat. My cat's right in front of me, Fuffy, you see everybody. Nobody has anywhere to hide. It's all out in the open. Family, Come on, get in the great room. Okay, let's have a good old fashioned family time.
Speaker 2: We like an open concept. This is great.
Speaker 3: Hope that helped you, Darcy. Megan wanted a foster dog update for me. I don't currently have any foster dogs. I've learned Remy is a big fan of smaller dogs than her, so that makes it difficult to have all smaller dogs in her Yeah, thank you for that.
Speaker 2: But our last one got adopted. Cookie got adopted really quickly.
Speaker 3: She went to training before she got adopted, so she was only with us for a really short time. And yeah, now we're just waiting for kind of our next one, A good little fit for Remy, and I think.
Speaker 4: That's beautiful and lovely. You've now found your niche in dog adoption, where you are the conduit to these dogs getting adopted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I love being a foster mama.
Speaker 4: You are providing life to the lifeless.
Speaker 2: Well they have life.
Speaker 4: I was trying to come up with a good quote.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, speaking of our last question of the day, this comes from a lovely lady in Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Can we get a dog?
Speaker 4: She wants a docs and yeah, not having it. Huh, All those designers are doing it. What's that one girl from Love Island got one? And then you see some of these.
Speaker 3: They're a beautiful Why why don't you want one? Because this is clearly she wants one?
Speaker 4: Why don't you we don't have I do want one. But Fluffy is a Bengal, and she is a kitten, and she's crazy. Okay, she's still a bad girl. I say, it's like having a kid. She's up at all hours, jacking around, jumping on crap, driving me nuts until we get her reigned in. No dog, but I but I do want a dog. We need I've told her the fence would be beneficial. But these docss, the short legs, weener dog. But no, we're talking cuter better version of that. It's these dogs are all the rage and the littler ones. Some of them are a little.
Speaker 3: Crazy, but I mean, yeah, puppy getting stage in general is just crazy. It really is like having a little toddler that doesn't talk.
Speaker 4: Here's what I want to do. We get a dog, you foster it, teach it, then we get it back from me.
Speaker 2: That is not.
Speaker 3: There's called training for that, right, like there's training places for that.
Speaker 2: I'm not a trainer.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm just a little TLC situation. I can give some love and care to the little homeless babies.
Speaker 4: But if we have more animals than us people, that's when we're in trouble. That's one one well no, no, it's two to one right now. The humans are out numbering the mammals. Kiddies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the one in one is just there's one of each of you.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, but we'll get a dog. We'll get a dog. I'm not no dog guy. Hey, Cane, kuon ain't happening with a dog, Laura, is it happening?
Speaker 3: He's still afraid of my dog, Remmy, and Remy is like the most adorable, gooddly creature.
Speaker 2: So just continued.
Speaker 4: Cats take care of themselves. Dogs are just a little bit more and I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure you got your answer, Laura of A, thanks for riding. Okay, we're getting out of here right Tell me where they can find you, Sis.
Speaker 4: And Ray Mundo on the Socials Sore Losers podcast. Check it and then Bobby Bone Show Monday through Friday five to ten am East coast, West Coast and in every continent in America, including Mexico.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's true, but okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're an Antarctic and you can't hear the show, my bad, I am.
Speaker 2: At well girl Morgan on all the things.
Speaker 3: You can follow the show at Bobby Bone Show and check out my new podcast take this personally.
Speaker 2: It's wherever you get your podcasts. Good stuff up there. Okay, Ray, how'd you end us on part one? Do it again? But remember nothing after.
Speaker 4: Tell me the word? It was pesos?
Speaker 2: Do you don't remember.
Speaker 4: Get that history tab? Hold on how peace out?
Speaker 2: Peace out? Peace out in Spanish?
Speaker 4: Pause fra pause, and then the paros is the dog?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh Allas pause.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms followed web girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.