Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan I Kill just the Bits.
Speaker 2: Good morning, everybody, Welcome to Best Bits. We are catching up on the Bobby Bones Show this week, but before we get into this, check.
Speaker 3: Out Part one.
Speaker 2: In part three this Weekend with Ray Mundo. Part one we break down both of our Las Vegas vacations and we talk all about it. And part three we answer listener questions what raised job looks like, some parlays, the best part about living with Lunchbox, and what he loves most about his wife Bay. So check out those and for now, if you're here and you want to listen to this and catch up on the show, let's do it. We had Austin Tanner on our show this week. He's the country artist that attended the CMA Awards and got accused of bond violation for doing so. So Bobby wanted to bring him on hear his side of the story because surely he was like, there's no way he just came knowing that that would happen. And so Austin got to share his side of the story and talk a little bit about kind of his case and how he's feeling right now.
Speaker 1: Out number seven, there we go on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 4: Now he Austin was a weird when this story kind of blew up and you were all over the news.
Speaker 5: Yeah you could say that.
Speaker 4: Well, so you look great, by the way, was that your wife?
Speaker 5: It is? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Great, You guys looked a plus amazing And you went to the CMAS and I hope you first of all, do you have a good time with the CMAS.
Speaker 5: We did. We had a great time.
Speaker 4: And so you knew you shouldn't have left, right or were you confused about that you could go to the CMA since it was kind of work related.
Speaker 6: We had received permission to lead to go somewhere in the first part of June.
Speaker 5: We were in court in the.
Speaker 6: Latter part of June, and I got cast in a movie that was shooting down and the Dominican and we had asked to leave the country to go to be a part of that movie. And the judge you know, said, not verbatim, but basically said, I don't want you to leave in the country, but I don't have a problem with you leaving the state for work.
Speaker 5: And so we took that as we could leave the state for work.
Speaker 6: So it was a misunderstanding then it certainly blown out of proportion here.
Speaker 5: So I'm not a moron.
Speaker 6: I certainly wouldn't have went and then posted it everywhere if I thought I couldn't go.
Speaker 4: I get even if you know you shouldn't go, but you still go. And but then when you posted the picture, I was like, there must be something to this part of it. We don't know, unless you were just so proud of how good you guys look. Because then I got that too, because you guys did look really good. So from when you posted the picture, when did the story start to trickle out that like, hey, maybe you shouldn't be there.
Speaker 5: I think the post went up.
Speaker 6: I think management put my post up on maybe on Thursday or Friday, and I think it came out on over the weekend or Monday.
Speaker 5: I honestly can't remember the exact day.
Speaker 4: Were you shocked that it was a story.
Speaker 6: Yeah, honestly, I mean I was shocked more about all the national attention it got, you know, I mean it got picked up. I think over fifty different platforms picked it up, you know.
Speaker 5: So I was yeah, shocked by that. Honestly, Well you look good.
Speaker 4: I'll say that one more time. That's what I was saying to the show here, like, I don't what he's doing while he's thinking it. If you can do it, but as a heck of a picture, like if you're gonna go down, that's a heck of a picture. Now it turns out you were not supposed to leave. Is that correct?
Speaker 6: We assumed that we didn't have to file emotion since it was said in open court, but that was our misunderstanding.
Speaker 4: Since then, are you wearing an ankle monitor?
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, yes, I am.
Speaker 4: How is it? Does it? Is it annoying? Like do you like kick it?
Speaker 7: I don't know it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would think i'd be annoying. And yeah, and does it like tell you your blood pressure and stuff or like an oral ring? Or is it just like letting no?
Speaker 5: No? That would be great.
Speaker 6: Yeah yah, if there was, I could get some bottles and stuff, that'd be really cool.
Speaker 5: But no, it doesn't. It doesn't do any of that.
Speaker 4: So when they gave you that to put it on, what do they tell.
Speaker 5: You standard stuff?
Speaker 6: I guess, you know, just basically just a band of court order, which we would never blatantly disobey one anyway, right, But you know, everybody.
Speaker 5: Wants to talk about that part.
Speaker 6: You know, I feel I know for a fact that we you know, I'm going to be fully exonerated of all of this, and I look forward to that happening soon. And uh so, you know we I wouldn't have I wouldn't have blatantly disobeyed a court order. Again, you know, it was just a misunderstanding. You know, it is what it is. But people don't want to talk about They want to talk about that. But you know, the that's I guess, more newsworthy than then all the good stuff, right, all the charities were involved in and all the all the things that we get to do. You know, a couple of weeks ago, we raised almost four hundred thousand dollars for the Christian Service Center, which is going to feed you know, families and do some really cool stuff in our community. They don't want to talk about our involvement with the Child Rescue Initiative, where we where we've rescued over two thousand kids from slavery and we take care of them to adulthood. They don't want to talk about all that stuff. But you know, we that's not as newsworthy, I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not as clickable. I get that another question. Another question by the ankle bracelet. Did they put it on or do you put it on yourself?
Speaker 5: No, they definitely put it on that socks because.
Speaker 4: I leave it a little loose. I'd leave it a little loose, and then I'd like.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you go to commedy, you can't get it. You can't get it off.
Speaker 6: Uh, you know, it took a day or two to kind of get used to it.
Speaker 4: I guess you go to like even a go at water park, and you leave your bracelet a little loose, you can pass it over to your friend. That's that's how I would leave the ankle bracelet because then I would like slide it off and like, hey, I'm gonna head over here for a while. I met my wife wear it for a little bit. So it stays in like the little the little radius. So what happened? Why are you possibly in trouble?
Speaker 6: I can't get into it because it's an active case. But what I can tell you is it's absolutely false. And again I'm looking forward to a full vindication, fulletzoneration, and hopefully that will be soon. You know, the course system doesn't move fast, but I'm ready for it to be over with for sure.
Speaker 4: Are you able to play shows at all or just you have to play them near the house?
Speaker 5: No, not right now, but hopefully soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dang, it kind of would be cool to have an ankle bracelet on them, because nothing about me screams hardcore nothing. I'm a geek, I'm a nerd all the stuff. But if I was like, yeah, I can't go anywhere as my ankle break, that, dude, I'll be so that'll be so legit because I'd be like, dang, what'd you do? And I'd be like, can't talk about an active case? Oh tell me that ain't out laws? Don't you much?
Speaker 8: Just love it because you wouldn't have to go anywhere.
Speaker 4: That also would be the secondary reason. They'd be like, well you can't leave the state, No, no mindselse can't leave the house. And because I don't want to go anywhere, okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, be an ex provert, it's not that fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, being an introvert. It sounds like a delight to have one of them.
Speaker 5: My wife would love it. My wife would love it.
Speaker 8: But not me.
Speaker 4: Does it ever beep or does it just chill?
Speaker 5: No, it's just chill.
Speaker 4: I would like for mind to be just there. Like I said, I'd have an alarm on it in the morning, wake me up. I would use it multipurpose, you know, it'd be it'd be an alarm, it'd be time tap of medicine, like a different medicine, not an apple watch man feed the dogs. Yeah, oh no, that's what.
Speaker 9: It is, a watch, Austin.
Speaker 8: So it's just tracking where you are. It's not like listening to you, right, never know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh well, I mean we I assume it isn't listening. I don't have anything.
Speaker 4: Demos in it. Yeah, great point. I'd record demo song. I'd push down there and be like, oh this, here's one about being a doing hard time in Alabama. Oh man, theagle bas like that would be awesome. Okay, look, Austin, this has been fun. I feel like you're probably a pretty good dude. I don't know what's to help the court clears you hope everything's awesome and and the court was like, well, we're wrong about that. Otherwise, Oh go ahead.
Speaker 6: No, I was gonna say, there's a couple of other things I'd love to talk about if you have a moment. We do have a song coming out when this airs, it should be out.
Speaker 4: Oh, we talked about it. We know us already there been there, done that, buddy already playing.
Speaker 6: Okay, I miss that part. The other thing I wanted to mention with the two charities that we're supporting. I want to mention on this show. So if anyone that goes to the link on my link tree and donates, we're going to match up to ten thousand dollars. So anybody that goes and donates to either one of the charities, Skyll and I want to match up to ten thousand dollars. And so I'd really love for you guys to share that these are incredible calls. Is they one hundred percent of every dollar that's donated goes out to these causes. There's one hundred percent volunteer organizations which we love to support, and so I really wanted to talk about that.
Speaker 5: You know, our pastor Fred Franks.
Speaker 6: At Allen Church always says love God, love people, and the way that you love people is through serving, and so I want to use this opportunity to make sure that we have some good come out of it.
Speaker 4: So, hey, great, you guys. Follow Austin Austin L. Tenner on Instagram Austin. I look forward to seeing you in person, buddy, and hopefully right here in this room. That'd be really cool.
Speaker 5: All right, man, Absolutely, we look forward to doing it.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks to Austin. See later, man, you all have a great day. I've been handled this. This is what he is, allegedly all the words, allegedly system the court. Yeah yeah, court hit me man. He was indicted by a grandeury for insurance fraud and more in April. He allegedly inflated hours and rates. We talked about this charge to a condo association while working as a property loss adjuster. He's three undred twenty thousand dollars bond penning his trial. All this was supposed to get settled. Okay, So we know all that, and I get it. Look, if we're in trouble, I'll be saying, hey, don't it's charity too, that's you know. I'm sure he believes in it. But I would be saying the nextra to me. You know. But then again, if I'm like, man's up for a church part, don't want to give him money.
Speaker 8: But he also said that he's going to be fully exonerated.
Speaker 4: No, but I would say that too, all those things, like all it all makes sense, and I hope he didn't do any of it. But I'm just like, if I go I'm looking for somewhere, I'm probably gonna hope for a second, I.
Speaker 3: Me believe he's innocent by all the charity's involved with, Like I.
Speaker 10: Would look at everything good I've done, ye say it all.
Speaker 4: He like, I love more talking about more about the good stuff. Me too.
Speaker 3: I mean, he saved a lot of kids, so I was like.
Speaker 4: Man, and he probably really has been involved with it. I don't take anything away from that, but I'm saying, if I were just thinking about it, I'll be like, I'm a hole till I'd give my money to him. But no, check it out. I hope it's clear, hope everything help. It's all wrong, and I hope he comes up here one day. And I appreciate him coming on the show. But I just needed to say that because I felt that, and I think my audience would be upset if I didn't say how I really felt, because I don't know that he did it. But I don't know that he didn't.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan Number too.
Speaker 2: Lunchbox really loves to confront his neighbors over different scenarios and situations. Well, recently, one of his neighbors piled the whole bunch of leaves up on the street, and because they have street parking, Lunchbox was not happy about it. So he went over and said, hey, can we do something about this? And it did backfire just a little bit.
Speaker 1: On Lunchbox number six.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox claims that he got into a fight with his neighbor or what happened.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I had to confront him because he raked all his leaves. But the problem is he just piled them in the street. And I'm not talking like a little pile. I'm talking a gargantuan pile of leaves. He just put them in the street. The problem is we street park, so he's taking up two spots on the street because he's got a big old pile of leaves.
Speaker 4: Can you not park on the leaves?
Speaker 3: No, these are like leaves up to your knees.
Speaker 4: I still feel like on top of them, I.
Speaker 8: Felt like he used the word gargantuan and not just me to me. I don't think that that, Like if you were to drive up on top of them, you'd be almost like on a.
Speaker 1: It's a big pile.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm looking at the pile here and it's a big pile. But okay, So anyway, we have an audio of lunch blocked in front of his neighbor that you recorded this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you have a good holiday?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was good. He was good.
Speaker 11: How my tears, it's you know, great, But I mean I did notice that.
Speaker 3: I guess you decided to, you know, rake the leaves yard looks great, but oh yeah, they were lots and lots of leaves. I had to get him off my grass.
Speaker 7: I didn't wanted to die.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, but you just piled them in the street like I mean's.
Speaker 3: Just this city comes and don't get him or blow away beside. I just it was by that that.
Speaker 7: Well, I want to hurt your feeling.
Speaker 3: But it's a junk car.
Speaker 11: You haven't moved in months, so I just thought it'd be a good spot for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I mean, you know, the car doesn't work, and I've told you that before that it but.
Speaker 3: It does just sit there. But I just didn't think are you going to move in eventually? But I don't think the leaves in the street.
Speaker 11: I mean, if that's I mean, it looks bad, but yeah, I mean it's kind of annoying.
Speaker 3: A couple of weeks, it'll be fine.
Speaker 7: It'll be fine by New Year's or something like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, a lot of stuff to unpack here.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, I feel like I just watched like an awkward scene, you know, like in the office or on the office.
Speaker 4: So let's go to the leaves first. Does the city come and get rid of the leaves? I think I know then to be bagged.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think they just scoop them off the street.
Speaker 4: Okay. Number two the junk car is talking about his lunchbox, his car the Ultimate. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did pile him up like right behind it.
Speaker 4: Maybe this is a passive aggressive way for him to say, don't judge me when you left your junk car on the side of the road.
Speaker 8: And also when anybody uses the line not to be rude or I don't want to hurt your feelings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're usally they're gonna hurt your feelings. Yeah, so would do you move and get rid of your car for him to move the leaves? I mean, because it looks like you're both hogging a bunch of space on the street a junk car and leaves are just piled there.
Speaker 3: I mean the car has not moved.
Speaker 11: I mean it is pretty gross, and I get it, and it does need to move, it needs to be taken care of. But the leaves, I don't know. It just seems like it's crazy to just throw them in the street. Like, am I missing something?
Speaker 8: Well, when you say your car needs to be taken care of, what do you mean? Do you just want to tow it away and gone forever? You can gift him that for Christmas or something?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was like he said, yeah.
Speaker 4: It's going to cost more to tow than it's worth, but we have to get rid of it. Remember when he went and took it in and got an appraisal, how much like four and twenty five dollars for the whole car?
Speaker 8: What if we sell it for parts?
Speaker 11: But now it would have to be a donation, like I'd have to do it to like a car like that does cars for people.
Speaker 4: I think the guy knew you had no basis to stand on. If you're like, hey, the leaves are in the street, and he's like, so is your junk car? Check checkmate? Yep, move your car, or you could really do the passive aggressive thing and bag the leaves.
Speaker 3: Oh well, no, no, that's not passive aggressive. That's getting rid of them for him.
Speaker 4: It is, but it's also just showing him we if you're not gonna do it, I guess I'll do it. And he's not gonna like that. That's like I'm gonna get you in a way you never thought you would even be bothered by being God.
Speaker 11: Oh, I think that's me doing work for him that he didn't do. And I don't I thought you were gonna say, throw him back in his yard. That would be aggressive. Yes, So what's the plan? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: I mean what I do. I've been doing for a couple of days.
Speaker 11: I've let the kids play in it, so they kind of throw the leaves and it helps like disperse them a little bit.
Speaker 4: So you're putting them back more into the road or both. When are you getting rid of the car?
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's hard to let go.
Speaker 4: It's not it's he's metal.
Speaker 8: We've all said buy the cars that we've loved everyone.
Speaker 4: And that's just parked on the street and it's taking up spaces. That's okay, yeah, and I.
Speaker 13: Still got to clean it out though, And the problem is now, like when you've put the leaves in the trunk and dry it off, and oh he doesn't dry Oh yeah, sorry, sorry drunk car. Well but I did a pretty good job. Like I'll let him know.
Speaker 4: No, really, I think you think you're a lot more aggressive and stronger than you are us know how that turns out.
Speaker 8: Oh, he should get his other neighbor on it. That really takes care of business.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that guy, he does have a neighbor and that takes care of it. Saves lives. That's sure.
Speaker 3: We're not talking about Alpha.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two George Bird stop by the studio to talk about his almost next number one song, Cowboy Songs, and he brought his wife Kara in with him and they talked all about their college love story and how George was a smurf like dressed as a smurf when he met his wife. Crazy, funny, adorable story, and we also heard all about how she supports him in his career.
Speaker 1: Number five on The Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 4: Now George burge George Burg and his wife Caera, I look who's here? What's up? Guys? Hey guys, George, Hey Kara, Hey show. You did not know you were gonna be on. I appreciate you coming here.
Speaker 9: No, I didn't. I thought I was just the driver this morning.
Speaker 4: I know. And I love your husband very much, so I feel like I can eliminate him from our conversation. You and I can just have this person. And you've been to the house, so we're cool. We're all good. So don't be up. Don't be irritated at me when I ask these questions, did you ever think he wouldn't make it?
Speaker 14: Well, it's been ten years in Nashville. It's definitely been a roller coaster. I wouldn't say that I didn't think he was going to make it or couldn't make it. I think there were times that we were like definitely having to reevaluate, what did the next five years look like?
Speaker 9: What do the next ten years look like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, in a way of like he has all the talent in the world, but this talent is weird. Like the most talented people ever sometimes don't make it. The least talent to people sometimes next thing you know, they're massive stars, and I just wonder, like if a family, Yes, there'd be a lot of years. He was grinding, making the little to no money, and you're at home with the kids, going like, what's the deal here?
Speaker 14: I know it's it's a wild ride. I will say we have never stopped dreaming. But I love that George is also like a smart business guy, and he's smart and he leads our family well. So there have been tough conversations, but I would say I'm always the one pushing him to not start.
Speaker 4: George, let him give up.
Speaker 15: She is being humble. There was I mean, you don't. This is the business where you make nothing until you make everything. There's not like an in between where you're making like what you would make it a comfy desk job or anything like that.
Speaker 16: It's like it's zero dollars until you're rich.
Speaker 15: And so she was hustling selling real estate, raising kids and you know, I'm on the road playing dive bars to nobody. And uh, she never wore me out about it. She always believed in it. She always knew it was gonna happen. And like, I carried a lot of guilt about that, especially when we had young kids and I'm the you know, a husband not really providing much and chasing a dream and very selfishly one sided on that. And so now that we're sitting here like on the cusp of having a second hit and like everything coming together and uh, we got to write Walk the CMA Red Carpet together this year, and like, you know, seeing the fruits of all that, it's pretty special.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna play a cowboy song in just a second. George, would you mind me sharing a story with your wife, a story that you told me that I don't think you would mind me sharing with your wife. I just need a contum it. I know it's a good story. I would love that. I just would love a confirmation. Georgia birthday was recently, so George likes my birthday. Come with me, and I'm like, no doubt, drop everything we do Georgia Birthday. And so George and I are together and Carrie talks about you glowingly all the time. It's all the time, even when you're not around. And that's how you know, is how somebody really feels when they talk about how they talk about somebody when they're not around. And he said, we're getting ready to do a lot of the stuff that and He was super excited. He hasn't really been able to do, which is like be celebrated at awards and Songwriting Awards and the CMA's And he said, you know, we're doing the CMA Red Carpet and we're talking about that, and he goes ker put the dress on that she's wearing, Oh buddy, And I thought that was like, as you know, as funny as it is, but also I was like, man, that's a husband that like really loves his wife. Because you guys have been together for how long?
Speaker 16: Since we were eighteen?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I think fifteen.
Speaker 4: And he was still like gushing at the fact that you had put on this dress and how great you looked, and how excited. It wasn't about him, It was about you getting to go and do something that he hoped you would think was awesome.
Speaker 14: Yes, that's true. He actually picked my dress. I sent him options.
Speaker 4: He didn't tell me that part.
Speaker 9: Well, he voted, He voted, My vote always went. I let him. I let him choose.
Speaker 15: No chance she would have let me pick it out, but I could like ac options. Yeah, he's going together in like March. She kind of guided me. There were no wrong choices, but yeah, too.
Speaker 4: How was the right car? How was the CEM I speak at the right carpetal thing awesome.
Speaker 14: I love nothing more than to watch him interview because I feel like he's just really good at it and to see him have such like genuine connections with all of those people in the room that like know and just respect him, and I feel like to see him belong in that environment is really something special.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 16: It was definitely surreal. Like I remember, we're waiting.
Speaker 15: When you get there, there's a step and repeat where everybody takes like their CMA picture, and it was us, and it was Cody Johnson and his wife behind us, which Cody is obviously like another level of fame. I'm waiting to get my picture taken. And I turn around and Kara's made best friends with Cody Johnson's wife and they're just chatting it up there on the carpet and she's in her head to toe gown and we're you know, lights and carpets and everything, and I was looking behind her.
Speaker 16: I was like, this is pretty cool about this. This is different.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So basically you got two number ones? Are you playing shows now where you headlined? And they're buying tickets to see you, and if so, is that cool? Is that a change up?
Speaker 15: So that's very new, But yes, it's happening, especially has been towards the end of the year, and I still have a lot of like hard to believe that we're here feelings. And so even when we, you know, are having success and we've been going out and playing these sold out shows with headliners as openers, now that we're headlining shows ourselves with our name on the bill, I still have anxiety all day until I walk in there and see the crowd. But we've been selling out shows as a headlin, which is I mean, they're obviously smaller rooms, but you know, to go to cities that I've never been to before and have a thousand people show up and buy tickets, that's not something I'm used to, and it's it's a really really cool feeling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Caro, what does he get most anxious about?
Speaker 14: George kind of like flies by the seat of his pants and last minute, loves to like pack the morning of the trip, so I kind of know to expect that he.
Speaker 4: Gives, So you get anxious about him doing that?
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, yes, he's like have you seen those jeans? And I'm like, I know where everything is.
Speaker 14: He if if I'm not there, he calls me and he's like, do you know where this is?
Speaker 15: I leave for Canada this afternoon and I packed last night and Carol walked in and she's like, are you actually packing the night before?
Speaker 16: I was like, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 9: Very lad too, because he's going to the airport right after this.
Speaker 4: On the way to the airport, It's like, do I need a coat.
Speaker 9: The weather?
Speaker 4: Ye? Miss I didn't make a coach shuit. I brought a coat. George and his wife Kara or in studio, Kara, can you tell me the story about how you guys met?
Speaker 9: The real story?
Speaker 4: Go for it?
Speaker 9: What do you mean the room is there in college? Like? How descriptive can I be?
Speaker 4: Do you have a fake one though that you tell people?
Speaker 9: We just are like, oh, we met in college, okay.
Speaker 16: You know the real one will sound fake.
Speaker 14: The real one is like we were at a costume party and we were eighteen years old and he was in a fraternity and he was a pledge, and so he was dressed as a smurf, his whole body painted blue, and I was in some like cute eighties dress because it was like eightyes, theme night, but if you were a freshman, they gave you like a prank that you had to dress up as. And he was a smurf and like no shirt painted blue. I have a picture somewhere.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and he.
Speaker 4: Had surf is like really good looking though that's tough.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 9: He was kind of weird and funny.
Speaker 16: You know, she's always like me for a person.
Speaker 14: But we were like it wasn't until later in college that's when we first met. And then we went on some date parties together.
Speaker 4: And what was the first date? What was the first date party? I think we can call this a date.
Speaker 15: So next to the fraternity house that I was in, I brought her to a party where eighteen were freshmen. We go out, have a party, hang out together that night, and I took her to Jack in the Box after the party and she got a chicken tenders and Caeso fries and I immediately fell in love after that.
Speaker 8: Girl, Yes, your late night meal is your first date.
Speaker 9: We kind of roch a lot of fun in college.
Speaker 16: Yeah, just a one on one date that Jack in the Box perfect.
Speaker 9: Well, it's talking.
Speaker 14: We dated all through college, like we celebrated our our eighteenth or nineteenth birthdays together and we never broke up, I mean never once, And so our wedding was so much fun because it was all of our college friends that dated and then of course broke up and and still like we were, we were solid.
Speaker 9: You have all together.
Speaker 4: You have a left handed child. He lefty, So I'm gonna let you say. But George was accusing I'm left handed, and he was like, we spent a time with the wife.
Speaker 16: I was like, Bobby, how they both went.
Speaker 4: George like, I needs that is not genetic?
Speaker 7: Is that for me?
Speaker 16: They were in big glasses now.
Speaker 4: Beer beer truck truck. Because I would like for you just to reinforce a story about who else is a songwriter on that song and who else got paid for that song that you wrote.
Speaker 15: That was the song that kind of opened the door for me. I had been chasing it forever and really hadn't had much success. And I get on TikTok based on some advice from Clay Walker actually, and the first video I see is this girl and she's making fun of country music kind of lightheartedly, and she's like, it ain't nothing but beer, beer truck truck and girls and tight jeans and being a country music songwriter. I was like, well, it'd be cool if I had defended country music and kind of made a song out of it and showed her that I could even write a real song out of that. And so I wrote it as a rebuttal, just kind of a tongue in cheek vers in a chorus, and I posted it ended up going super viral, got me a record deal and opened a lot of doors for me. And so I sent her a message and I was like, hey, you know, I wrote a song out of the video that you made, and I want to make you a songwriter on it because you are what inspired it. And she ended up hitting me back, and she was an elementary school music teacher just outside of North Carolina, and she said she grew up listening to country music and had gotten away from it, but loves it again now because she's been getting royalty checks in the mail.
Speaker 4: So she's a teacher and you ever have the money? Like that's like, good character, George, guy, Like that's cool. Kara's here, George's wife. Give me the three best qualities about George.
Speaker 14: I can't say fearless in this industry, but I love that you don't let fear stop you. He's so he's courageous, he's very loving, like to his family, we're the most important thing in his world.
Speaker 9: And so that's probably my favorite thing about you. And then you're encouraging.
Speaker 14: I was just laughing telling I've been back there that I think I need you more than you need me, because they were really playing up the supportive wife thing and I was like, oh, but he's got a big role to fill it home.
Speaker 4: And then now, what's the most annoying things about Georgia that if you you could improve, you're gonna be cowboy boots?
Speaker 14: Like there's like twelve pairs of cowboy boots just at our room, around the bed, all not.
Speaker 4: Even organized in the closet. You're saying, there's just twelve Like.
Speaker 9: Shud takes the shoes off wherever they come.
Speaker 4: Off, Yes, and the cowboy boots are bigger in there, they're everywhere.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So that one's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 15: Our house is a is a land mine field of cowboys two crocs yeah between the boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, that's number one way.
Speaker 14: What else is annoying about you? That you don't know where anything is located in our house?
Speaker 9: So he does. He truly does call me and he's like, have you seen like my toothbrush?
Speaker 7: You like?
Speaker 9: Oh like the basics, the basics, yep, which I will say.
Speaker 4: He's on the on the go a lot, so he has just like but the toothbrush that, let's be honest, that's like someone you should know where it is. That's that's like the sink.
Speaker 16: I got to give her a prop.
Speaker 15: She like, the house is always so Matt Stell, who's also a country singer, is one of my best friends, and our girls were out of town the time, and he doesn't have a living girlfriend yet. He's been dating a girl and I think they are going to move in together.
Speaker 16: They're amazing.
Speaker 15: But anyways, he had come over to the house and we were gonna grill steaks and uh he goes into the pantry and I just hear him go oh my goodness, and I come running. I think something is wrong, and he goes, is this what a house that a woman lives in looks like? Because everything is like so tidy in the house and labeled. So I thought I was gonna find the toothbrush in the microwave or something.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness. Okay, one other care, you gotta have it, give me three? What else? An annoying thing about your.
Speaker 14: Husband of probably the ironing, Like he'll be ready to go out the door, needs to leave in five minutes, and he's like, should this shirt be ironed?
Speaker 9: Does this look wrinkled?
Speaker 4: When there's not really enough time to fix it unless you do it right, then yes, this is kind of.
Speaker 9: The last minute polish.
Speaker 10: She like the woman's touch, exactly right.
Speaker 4: So Texas and the college football playoffs? How you feel?
Speaker 16: I feel good?
Speaker 15: Was was rough losing to Georgie to to get here, but I like the way our draw shook out. And you know, anytime you get a chance to make a run of the national championship, life's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll pass from Arkansas. We're not allowed to like Texas.
Speaker 10: But don't forget. He's also a Cowboys fan too, but.
Speaker 4: He also went to Yeah, yeah, I hear you, Kara. George was a great athlete. He is a great athlete. Like he's a great golfer, probably best golfer in all the country music. He doesn't say that I'll say that. That gets me in trouble. But with my other friends who play golf, if I'm being honest. Uh, but uh, I would say mid pickleball player. Does he ever come home and complain that he can't beat me and pick a ball?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, good, Yes, I'll let you haunt. I have no other questions. Just want to end with that.
Speaker 8: So why is that?
Speaker 4: I mean, why is what?
Speaker 8: Why can't he? Is he a midall player when he's so athletic.
Speaker 15: I wish I knew Amy, Okay, anybody else in the league. And I hate to say this in front of Eddie and obviously you know, kick off Kevin and all the boys. I can dust anybody else in the league, dust them.
Speaker 4: I'm just sitting here for the second story.
Speaker 16: Your bones is uh, that's his calling. He's a yeah, that's it of all the thing.
Speaker 4: That's funny, you guys, followed George at George Burge on Instagram. Congratulations on cowboy songs. I don't know you got any one coming out soon. When you get that, let's get you back up here and talk about that. Uh, you guys can catch George out on the road, go George Burgh dot com. He's doing lots of fairs and festivals. He's on the road with Dylan Scott. He's doing his own shows, and it's just kind of happening. And that's really cool that it's happening because you've worked extremely hard. A lot of people work extremely hard. You've strategized extremely well, and like you're you're a good one. So I'm really happy for your success. And Kara, thank you so much for coming in because you did not have plans to come in and I saw you out there and I was like, please come in, but I know if you don't want to, I won't be offended by it. So I hope you had fun coming in here as well. Thank you there he is. I forget anything, George, you want to say anything.
Speaker 15: No, you guys are the best. Thank you all for being part of this ride for me. I'll tell this story really quick. I came on here because I had a viral song beer Beer Truck Truck that was just blowing up on TikTok. I barely had a record deal, I didn't have anything going on, and mind on you my first number one song I played on acoustic guitar here first, and that changed my whole life. Ended up being a single, ended up being my first number one, and pretty surreal to be back here hanging out with you guys, So thank y'all.
Speaker 4: I'd like to correct you because you're not You're not accurate in that story and you should tell it differently. That's not the accurate story. Tell me that's not why you came up here. Beer beer truck truck when I came back. Why did you come up here?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Because that was a beer truck trick. Had nothing to do with that.
Speaker 16: She was sitting next to me when this happened.
Speaker 4: It had nothing to do with beer.
Speaker 15: I was scrolling on Instagram and I had posted a cover of Gary Allen and I don't think Bones even followed me. Now I knew at the time, but knew me. Yeah, and he commented, this is good. You should come into the show. And I about fell out of my chair.
Speaker 4: It was an accoustic it was Gary Allen. Yeah, that's what you need to fix your story, broke berber truck truck was kind of lying. I'm just kidding, just kidding, but that is what it was. He played that. I was like, hey, come play that on the show, because I love when people like respect the artists before them, and I have a passion for it and like play it. I was like, dude, that's so good. And he came up and I was like, do one of yours, and then he did one of his and then luckily, you know, people heard it and knew I knew crap except give him an opportunity to sing.
Speaker 15: And people heard it and they had a flashback I had forgotten about. You were sitting next to me on the couch and I go, don't.
Speaker 4: Lump me in with beer, beer, trug truck bro Okay, I like the stuff.
Speaker 12: There he is.
Speaker 4: That's our friend and yours George Burrs, George. Good to see there. He is George Carre. All right, by buddy.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, Eddie came in with a pretty big accusation of Amy. He thinks she has been scammed so much that now she is scamming other people, particularly the show in our show's group chat. So he's gonna bring this down for you and the Navy will be like, okay, no, this is what really happened.
Speaker 4: Number four, Hey, what's up, guys. I think Amy has been scam so much that she is now a scammer.
Speaker 17: I got a text, actually, we all got a text, the whole BBS group, which I think, I don't think you're in You're not in the text. We all got a text from Amy and it was just written weird, like not how Amy talks. But she goes, Hi, we have a listener that's trying to adopt from Haiti and there's an issue for about fifty families. So they created a petition and can you all just please take the time today to sign it real quick and help this family.
Speaker 4: Is there a link? There's a link that scam scam how it's written and she's close to everybody here, there's no need to write it all hot.
Speaker 8: And the link the link is if you check the link, it's changed dot org.
Speaker 4: Check that's legit.
Speaker 7: The link the linker says.
Speaker 8: Change dot org and it is one of our listeners and they're trying to adopt.
Speaker 4: But I think the best way to have done that would have been to text people individually, be like, hey, yo.
Speaker 13: Why text individually, not like scam to the group something to say something when we're.
Speaker 7: In the room and.
Speaker 8: They had already left, and I just thought like, oh, it would be cool if they signed this because it's a listener that I mean, Haiti is in such crisis right now and there's these children that are not families.
Speaker 4: Say guilt that you're doing guilt to get out of Well.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying the petition signing it would help them.
Speaker 4: I hear you, But that's not the point of this, because I agree with you everything that's all terrible, But their point.
Speaker 8: Is not about how I sent it sounded very much like me and actually would help it not seem like a scammer, because I'm like, hey.
Speaker 4: Also, why would you not say something in the room like cause they have okay, wait till tomorrow. It wasn't like you had twelve hours or there's no hurry sign this.
Speaker 8: I was like, so you mean, can I resend it to y'all now that nothing y'all know about it?
Speaker 4: Yes, as so many scam alers.
Speaker 8: But I also wouldn't I get Okay, I get it now, I do get how.
Speaker 4: That notized it like a minimizing any of the real life issue of it. But if that just comes from the person who could scammed the most. Yeah, and it's written like that group text with.
Speaker 8: A K there looking back now hearing it back, I can see now how y'all maybe thought it was a scam. But I am telling you now it is not.
Speaker 10: She wrote high with like five eyes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know she never does that. I do that. Hi, listen, this is when Amy sent me, Hi, my cousin is the Prince of Nigeria and needs a bank account.
Speaker 10: Don't click it, y'all, suck.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, I had quite the Santa situation to bring to the show. I am a huge fan of Santa. I love him every time I get to see him out in the world existing it's so cool. So I got really excited I saw Santa when I was at a Christmas bar. Well, Santa was also really excited, but for different reasons.
Speaker 4: Number three, we're doing this bit later in the show because we'll talk about old Nick. Oh Saint Nick. Okay, oh yeah, I got it. You said whatever. So Morgan had a run in with Saint Nick and by run and she was in the north Pool. No, I think it was one of Saint nixt Like you know, he sends people out sometimes, Oh yeah helpers, yes, dressed like him. But it's Santa Claus Helper Moregan. What happened.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he was spreading the Christmas chair.
Speaker 18: He was hanging out at a bar that I went to for this Christmas pop up and we were taking a picture because I got excited it was Sanna.
Speaker 9: I wanted a picture with Santa.
Speaker 4: But was he at the bar drinking like a guy just dressed up to be funny or was he like being Sanna in a chair?
Speaker 9: No, he was Sanna. He was there to be Santa.
Speaker 18: And so we go to take a picture and we're taking the picture and he's giggling or whatever, and he goes, okay, well, give me a kiss on the cheek, and I was like uh, and I kind of faked it, so like in the photo using me be like I kind of stick my lips out, but I don't touch him like a fake.
Speaker 9: I thought that's what he was meaning.
Speaker 4: Now, this is Santa's helper. Everybody sure not real Santa? Santa's helper who goes out and gets information about toys and stuff. Was Santa's helper? Old? Yes, okay, was it real?
Speaker 1: The beard was real?
Speaker 9: And so I like fake it and I'm like, okay, ha, that was funny joke. And he goes no, no, no, for real and I was like what are you. I like pause, and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, do it?
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 1: And I'm I'm standing there and I don't know what to do. I'm panicking.
Speaker 12: This is sannaes help her, and so I just like kind.
Speaker 1: Of gently kissed.
Speaker 7: You don't have to do it, you do ye? No?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: That it was weird just walk away.
Speaker 4: So question is, was Sanna just normal Christmas spirit anybody that would have happened to or was Sanna trying to activate the reindeer? Oh gosh, what are you thinking? Morgan?
Speaker 18: Based on that interaction, I feel like it was activating the reindeer? Why Why was that insistent?
Speaker 4: Did you say anything when you were walking away, like hey, bro Rudolph's nose or no?
Speaker 18: But I do feel like he was proud of himself, Like I was walking away and know he was like laughing and smiling, you know, had a little red on his cheeks.
Speaker 4: Pushy Santa's helper. Yeah one on, But it looks like we don't feel it wasn't an elf No, no, no, no, just Santa look impost. But also at a bar, what he expect that it wasn't like he was o the mall.
Speaker 7: It's a good point.
Speaker 9: Is he drinking? As far as I know?
Speaker 18: No, But the best bars I have video of this whole interaction happening, so it's not like like I'm not making this up.
Speaker 4: This actually happened. Well, we didn't think you were making it up on his dad with Sanna and they said said he couldn't do it again, like got with a kid or something.
Speaker 8: This is terrible.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: No, the news called and.
Speaker 11: They said, hey, are you and they asked him his name. He goes yeah, and they said, are you still planning on being Santa at the mall again this year? Even with the charges that are you know, pending? And my dad's like, what are you talking about and they're like, yeah, you're in interaction with a child.
Speaker 7: He's like what.
Speaker 11: He's like, yeah, you know how you you know the charges against you of inappropriately touching a child?
Speaker 3: Are you still planning on being Santa?
Speaker 11: And my dad's like, you got the wrong man, because I've never been saying in my life you know name, same name you throw on the five o'clock news the and there it is my dad's name with charge with touching a child.
Speaker 4: It wasn't your dad's picture. Santa's picture though he hasn't been bad for any kid watching. Yeah, if it's just Santa calls his picture and it's like charged with and.
Speaker 11: They said, guy, you know the person's name that has been Santa at this mall in the past has been dang.
Speaker 4: What's the videos or audio of it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Can you watch it? Sure? Tell us how creepy it is? Could you be you be a good judge?
Speaker 9: And I forgot.
Speaker 2: He even had this little thing in his glove that whenever he touched you, it lit up bread.
Speaker 10: What this Santa's helper looks I mean he looks good.
Speaker 4: He looks like real.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, okay, I'm playing it here. Okay, he's you can tell he's a little sleezy.
Speaker 7: For sure. All right.
Speaker 4: He's got his arm around Morgan. He's what's he playing with?
Speaker 7: Morgan?
Speaker 4: He has this little light that when he touches you, it turns red.
Speaker 8: His finger light.
Speaker 9: There's a finger light.
Speaker 10: Okay, they're just talking now, Okay, now he said, we kiss me on the cheek.
Speaker 9: I faked it.
Speaker 17: I was like, okay, now Santa's posing like, oh, they're a picture. He's like, no, seriously, do it. And then Morgan just did it.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Morgan, why did you kiss him?
Speaker 7: I didn't.
Speaker 2: Know.
Speaker 7: We're good?
Speaker 4: The kiss last it's very short, very short. Yeah.
Speaker 10: But Morgan for sure looked like pressure to be like, okay, she went into it.
Speaker 4: I think I just read I just run.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But so what do we learn from this, Like, well she went to get her present unless she did this, no put.
Speaker 8: Any time you're pressure for that, you just be like, don't do it.
Speaker 4: No, Well then my wife would never kiss me. Okay.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two.
Speaker 2: Co Wetzel Stapfvier's studio for the first time and he shared all about what it's been like for him to start having some mainstream success and touring and Grandma's that he says are now coming to his shows. And also he had somebody work on his house and that person stole from him in a huge way and how that all transpired.
Speaker 9: So really cool interview. Here it is right now.
Speaker 1: This is co Wetzel in studio number two. There we go on the Bobby Bones show.
Speaker 4: Now, Co Wessel, Co, when you were coming up, someone said to me, they said, hey, what songs do you want code to play? And I said, well, and I feel like, you know, this is like my house, that's my domain. I choose what happens and I said, I will let Co tell me what he wants me to listen to. That's what I said, because that's what that's what I said. I said, I will not tell Co what to play. CO will tell me what I want to listen to. And I feel like that's where we are in our relationship.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure, as respect I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Nothing I saw Co. Co and I were in the same place, guys a few weeks ago, no matter what to play?
Speaker 7: Where was that?
Speaker 4: Well? You know me, it wasn't it. And I could I could identify Cove from a mile away. I could hear where there's football on the screen ahead of us. Good, but I knew it was Co from a mile away. And my wife's like, I think there's a pretty rowdy country singer up there, And there there he was Co Wezel. Dude, I'm a big fan.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really good to see you again. Is it weird to have main like wild mainstream success now, you know?
Speaker 8: Not?
Speaker 7: Not a whole lot of change, to be honest with you, it's kind of just the same.
Speaker 4: You don't feel it because it's it looks different, but you're in it, so maybe you don't see it. Being so different.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think I think we're just kind of we've been so busy with everything. It's just kind of I haven't really stepped back and taking a water view of it. But yeah, I think it's nothing's really changed for us except for less time getting the hunt.
Speaker 4: Anymore Grandma any like Grandma's coming to shows? Now, are you starting to see like the honestly?
Speaker 7: Uh? But they they come to hear like high Road and you know, sweet dreams and stuff off the new Red and then you know, we have our rowdy show with all the older stuff and a lot of f bombs, and their eyes are about this big round and like what do we get ourselves into?
Speaker 4: They start flashing you all the grandma's get into it.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, and they're not like they're not like biker grandma's you know that would flash us. It's like old nice fatigue ladies. And then they're just kind of like, oh we leaves, We stay here.
Speaker 4: So that's kind of they probably just moved to the back a little bit just in case they want to leave. You know, you have been doing this at a high level for a long time. But I would compare a bit too, because I'm a big fan of Red Clay Strays and I've had I had them in six months ago and I was like, guys, like I didn't know you existed, and I didn't feel like you guys weren't doing dances on TikTok, but like somebody was smart enough just record you playing music. Yeah, And so I became a fan through TikTok, but they were they were not a TikTok artist. You are not a TikTok artist because you've been doing this, But do you feel that that has been a different instrument for people that like your kind of music to then love you?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I think you know the way everything's going now, Like you said, with the TikTok stuff, it's kind of you kind of having what they call the overnight successes, and it's definitely a real deal nowadays. Hell, I think I'll get thrown in that conversation as well, But they don't see the ten years that we came up and you know, been grinding it out in Texas and all over the place. So uh, I mean, they can definitely definitely definitely relate to us, I guess as much as a TikTok artist, But I don't know.
Speaker 4: But I think TikTok artists is a weird thing. That's why I didn't want to put you in that that club because red clay strays are not that right, That's just somebody that my algorithm feeds me things like you like Marcus King, like it's stuff like that. Where then I'm going, oh, And also I was like, oh, coach nuts. Well, that's why I was also warned. Is the only I told code this in my house. He was the only artist I've ever been warned about coming to my house. And I'm like, what's gonna do steal? Like why not? Like what's about to happen? And then it came over and it was like and sure, you know, I'm a little more muscular, little little meaner, but you know, we definitely Like after you left, I was like, that's my dude. Did he take anything? I don't not that I know of it yet. I haven't done like a full inventory. Yeah yeah, yeah, Okay, So I'm gonna ask you a couple of questions. We spend an hour together, so I already know everything I didn't know, but I got some stuff that I wrote down. This is a little little deeper stuff because I feel like you get pigeonholed into that's just crazy co where I know, after spending some time, whether you like, that's an intimate thing an hour, just like sharing live stuff. I feel like you're not offering up your deep emotions on stage, but I think you're a very emotional guy with many layers. So I wrote these questions down to you, Koe, because this is what I really want to know. What has gone really well in your life so far?
Speaker 7: What's gone really well for me in my life? I guess growth honestly is just kind of from where I was, you know, starting out, you know, musically, as far as it doesn't have to be musically, But I think for me, it's kind of going through all the rough patches that I have in my life and then getting to where I am today and being able to look back on them and look back on the you know, the things that I did wrong, and you know, learning from the mistakes that I've made, you know, and that's helped me musically as a writer, as an artist, as a person.
Speaker 4: So question two deep questions with co. If your next five years were a chapter in a book, what would that chapter be about.
Speaker 7: About how the Empire started to grow the start of the show. Basically, I think working up to this ultimate goal, this ultimate goal, and then getting there and then kind of starting to fill out all the kinks, you know, layering everything out and be like, all right, step one is pretty much over with how everything started to come to fruition.
Speaker 4: Final intimate question with Cole what makes you feel most alive alone time? Yeah, to recharge, Yeah, just to kind.
Speaker 7: Of reflect on everything, like since like, I've been out in the woods a lot here in the last couple of weeks, and so that's I was talking to my parents or family the other day and I was just like, you know, whatever, whenever I'm out in the woods and i'm mountain, I'm hunting or doing whatever, it just kind of gives me a lot of time to reflect on everything and kind of kind of reset everything. And uh, yeah, So I enjoyed my alone time a lot because I'm always around people, even whenever I'm back home, you know, so get to spend time away from all the craziness and stuff that's kind of came came along with where we're at right now. Yeah, It's it's pretty special to me.
Speaker 4: So do you feel pressure to be Cowetzel at times whenever you're doing private life.
Speaker 7: Not really. You know, my mom, she she always wants to be taking out to dinner and stuff. And you know, I know, and I do sometimes, but I don't know, it's sometimes it's kind of overwhelming at times, but it's not terrible about it. Like I've always said, you know, I'd rather it be that than to have nobody listen to what I got to say. And you know, just sitting at the house.
Speaker 4: Well, your parents, you have to be specific what they do growing up, when you were growing up.
Speaker 7: My dad he had a lot of different jobs. He drove trucks. He's worked road construction for the last twenty years or so. My mom she worked for the bank for a while. She's been with the school for I don't know, close to twenty years now. So yeah, it's kind of skipped around all jobs.
Speaker 4: And I asked that to set up this next question, and I'm happy to bleep out the next question, but and it was to say that you are not a guy with a silver spoon that was put in your mouth at all, and you you've anything that you have, you have earned and you have grinded it out right, and it's it's funny to hear because at times, you know the same thing has been said in a different way about me. Wow, what an overnight success. And it's like killing myself for fifteen years to be an overnight success. So everything you have is earned. You're trying to buy airplane or your primer airplane?
Speaker 7: Airplane?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I got a call. I got a call. I'sk about news might trying to sell you the airplane, my airplane. Okay, we'll leave it there. That's good. Yeah, that's a good enough answer. See that's why I like, see this guy's killing it and he did it all like he's just grinding it out. Yeah, I got low call. I don't wory about that though. That's all good. Yeah, get get water. So here's all I want to say. I want to say a couple of things.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: First of all, by the way, who knew you were all Christmas y man?
Speaker 7: I'm a I'm a man of mystery man's like you said, a lot of layers. That's one of them. Even before Thanksgiin, I think November hits dude, I'm I'm into.
Speaker 4: It big at the house when you're growing up, your mom deal about.
Speaker 7: It, very very big. Holiday Mom's really big into my aposties too. It's like, like I said, we didn't have a lot growing up, but they made sure every Christmas that it was super special, you know, so big big Santaga. Yeah Christmas ep.
Speaker 4: Co Wetzel presents Wetzel's Wonderland Chapter two. The current song that is crushing it is high Road. I mean, congratulations about to be number one. No denying it. I know you're gonna play a little something. I appreciate you planning. It's only in the morning, if you guys don't mind. You want to introduce you your player here?
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is a Joshuato from Gonzalez, Texas with me for what three years? Four years? We've known each other forever and.
Speaker 4: Four years but to him, like forty he's like yeah four yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, same over here with me with them.
Speaker 4: But yeah, let's say, let's do it up. Co Wetzel's here. This is high Road. Whenever you guys ready, Oh, I'm sorry, we can't post the live performance on the podcast, but if you go to our YouTube page you can watch it there or maybe listen live.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, now back to the podcast.
Speaker 4: Look at this guy. Co wet soled and that's the reason you're an overnight success. You did it and one night. You did all that on one night, and that's awesome. Co Like we mentioned earlier, and I was it was a joke because someone did say, hey, be coach coming over, be careful and I was like, what does they even mean? And then again a joke? And I love you. But you didn't steal anything. I want to make sureverybody knows that he didn't steal anything. But there was a story about an HVAC guy stealing your stuff. Yeah, what the heck happen?
Speaker 7: Dude. So every time I come home, you know, I'm a big watch collector. So I've got a couple of watches at the house and I get home first I can do unpack and I usually have I'd usually take two or three watches with me on the road because we're going for months at a time, you know. So I get home and I usually I've got my case. I pull it out and I you know, got them where they are where I know they are all the time.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 7: So I'm putting my watches and I'm like, I'm missing one or two and I've always got them, you know, getting you know, rewound or cleaned or something, so it's not not unnormal for me to have them gone somewhere. Anyway, I'm like, I'm calling everybody. I'm like, hey, are my watch is gone? Like did I give you a watch to take to somebody? And they're like no, I don't know what you're talking about. So I start freaking out. I start calling everybody. Nobody can figure out where you're at. And uh As I'm on the phone with my manager because he usually takes them and gets them clean. Whatever. I noticed another watch is missing, and I'm like, what the hell's going on? So then I start doing like a clean sweep of the house. I had, you know, X amount of money gone, just little stuff. I'm just like, man, this is weird. So I just I put on Instagram or Twitter or whatever. I was like, you know, I can't stand a thief. And when that's going on, man, there's so many things going on through your head or whatever, you know, and I have to get together. It's at the house, but nobody you know, really goes to my room. You know. It's kind of one of those deals, and so it's just all these things are going through your head. Well, the next day, the Age Fact place called me and I forgot that I had had the new digital thermostats put in and one was put in my room, and uh, the guy called me. He was like, hey, we we fired a guy the other day and we had the suspicion that he's been stealing stuff. And we were like, well, it wouldn't be a couple of rolexes and some cash, right, and he goes, well, we've got one of the rolexes. The other one is uh, we're working on getting Uh, we don't have the cash, but we've got clone, some Gucci glasses, some slippers. So this dude just went in and like ram sacks my whole bedroom.
Speaker 8: Bro, well you have Gucci slippers, Gucci slippers.
Speaker 7: But yeah, Gucci shades. Like he just I was like, how does a guy like walk out with all this stuff?
Speaker 4: I'm pulling mine out and.
Speaker 8: I stole the cool I mean comes ye was like I wouldn't picture of them, but just like.
Speaker 7: I'm just imagining. And and then he goes through my liquor cabinet. There was he stole like two or three bodels, a really nice liquor too, and so I'm just like I'm trying to picture this dude leaving my house with all this carrying all this stuff because he was with like two other dudes, like, and it was just it was mind blown. I finally, you know, we got with the cops whatever, got everything back, and it was like, well, here's this. You know I had, they have everything marked, I'm cloned.
Speaker 4: Got it back.
Speaker 7: I got most of it back. I never got my cash back, but uh, he pawned one of the rolexes for like it's like a one of one, it's like a custom rolex, and he pawned. I think he got like twelve hundred bucks for it. That's what I said.
Speaker 8: I always wait, so can you go get it back?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's still the property. Yeah, yeah, you know who takes the hit that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, dude, are you sure they have insurance for that?
Speaker 7: I was blown away.
Speaker 4: Somebody's been around a lot of pun chops.
Speaker 8: If you're a pun chop and it's well, would you say it was one of one? But is there anything that would indicate that it's yours on there at all?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 7: I mean I think we just hit up every pot shop around there and they're like, you've got a roll X right. Recently you know, and uh, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Was, dude, that's insane, man. Yeah, nobody else will be coming to my house after that. I'll do my own h bag on YouTube.
Speaker 7: I mean, I mean, I have you know, I got, I had pistols laying around. I had and he just grabbed. Like I said, clone shades. It's the wattles of liquor.
Speaker 4: Like it's the walk out with someone robbed my house wants to right, And I just can't imagine how they got out with all this stuff unless they I'm making multiple trips in and out and I'm like, how ballsy did this go in and out? Like just grabbing stuff and like loading up and going back for another round.
Speaker 7: I was, uh. And it sucked too, because, like I said, you don't want to you don't want to cuse anybody, but you just start thinking like, all right, who's been at the house, you know, and it and it sucks to ask people about it because you don't want to be an same time, it's like, I'm just trying to figure out where this stuff is, you know. So I felt very violated, you know, it was kind of it was really creepy.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad that's over. That's what you get.
Speaker 7: And we found out who did it. I was like, I just want to address you know.
Speaker 4: That's why you don't go digital thermostaff. Okay, the air conditioning unit in the window. Yes, you guys follow at Cowetzel Music. Congrats on the song, Crats and everything.
Speaker 7: I appreciate.
Speaker 4: I love seeing you and hopefully we'll see against you.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, there's.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, we had a listener call in. Her name was Erica, and Bobby heard her whole story. Really, Erica called in for some advice, but after hearing the story, Bobby was like, no, I'm going to help you out here. And it was a really cool moment. You guys loved hearing this one. But beyond the fact that it was a cool moment, also just crazy insane story that Erica shared. And I give her major props because girlfriend knew how to give some karma and she did and I think more than anything, she's getting the good karma now with Bobby helping her out.
Speaker 4: Number one, we go talk to Erica and Texas. Erica needs some advice. Erica, what's up.
Speaker 12: I haven't talked my ex husband in almost two years. We have two children, and the youngest one is seventeenth. She was six, so she's taking college courses in high school and I need to pay six hundred dollars by January for her to continue or to take these courses. How do I go about talking to my husband when I haven't talked to him?
Speaker 4: You have a text, message and email? Do you have any of those ways to get a hold of him?
Speaker 12: Nope? I deleted everything, and my daughter only talks to him on the weekends because she has to.
Speaker 4: So if she can talk to him, though, does she have the information to be able to get ahold of him?
Speaker 12: She does, but she doesn't want anything from him. When she turns eighteen, she's done with him because of what he has done.
Speaker 4: You need the money, I mean, is this something that you need right now? It's not easy to get six hundred bucks.
Speaker 12: It's not easy to get six hundred bucks. She's a senior this year, and she's been taking high school or sorry, college courses since she was a sophomore. So when she graduates and goes into college next year, she'll already have her bachelors and she just needs to cure her hands on training for marine biology.
Speaker 4: So about reaching out to your husband ask for something. Is that something that you just don't want to do, but you feel like you have.
Speaker 12: To do for this, I have to do, I feel, but I don't want to. He cheated on me with my stepsister.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, yeah, that's terrible. But right now I'm just like very fired up for you. Like, regardless of ye what happened or what he did, he needs to contribute to the well being of your daughter. And so if I don't know what the situation, if he's paid anything over this period of time, but he absolutely should be contributing to this, and you should with kindness. You need to get the number from your daughter. And I know it's probably not fun to talk to him, but you need to say, like, hey, this is what I've spent over this, this and this and this is what's due and I need you to contribute.
Speaker 4: Amy brings up by a great point. Has he contributed anything in the past couple of years with her?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 12: The only thing, no, it's not the only thing he pays on a regular basis is the insurance because she's on his insurance. But all the medical bills that we've had to pay for since she was sick. I've had to pay for is it too because I.
Speaker 4: Work at the I'm sorry?
Speaker 12: Is it to you?
Speaker 4: Is there something to about it where you you would rather not ask him because you just don't want to be involved. Like if you had it, you just try to pay it yourself. It's not the principle of him paying because it's the daughter. It's the principal in your mind. You don't want to deal with him, and you wish you could just pay it.
Speaker 12: Oh, I don't want to deal with him at all, and I would pay it if I had it. I mean, there's a lot to it. When I found out that it was my stepsister, I got her kicked out of the military as well.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. Wait, how'd you get her kicked out of the military at all?
Speaker 8: It was he in the military too, because you can't be doing that.
Speaker 12: No, he was not in the military. Well he was in the past, but he hasn't been in for twelve years. She was stationed over here in San Antonio, and I knew who her command was, and I sent them proof And yeah.
Speaker 4: Would you'd rather stick it to him and get the money as in like a stick it and you owe us or would you rather just have the money and never talk to him again?
Speaker 12: Been trying to get extra shifts at the clinic that I work at, and I mean it's coming, but it's not coming fast enough for January. Okay, the money January sixteen.
Speaker 4: How much do you need?
Speaker 8: Six hundred dollars?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Venmo, so Bobby, she needs to call him if she doesn't want to talk to him. She doesn't want to contributing, so he can't. He can't hold it against her. I'm happy to just gend more of the money.
Speaker 7: I know that you are.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, Venmo, I can fix this right now.
Speaker 12: I do have Venmo, but no, I don't want your money. Thank you.
Speaker 4: I know you do this a lot, but no, if you don't want to deal with him and you're working on this, let a friend help you out. I'm happy to help you out and then screw him. It's not even like a let me help you. It's more like screw the dude. If he's never involved, don't bring him involved so we can hold it over your head like scrom he screwed you, well, I screwed step sister, basically screwed you over It would make me feel good to help. Would you let me do that? Please? And you never have to even talk to him again? Could he such a freaking loser? Say yes? Okay, say yes, I mean say yes, okay, Okay, thank you. I'm going to put you on hold. Screm don't talk to him. No, I don't want to.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 7: Do you know what? Really?
Speaker 8: Screw them? You give her the six hundred and then she asks him for it and boom, she's on top.
Speaker 4: If she wants to double up to you can do that too, double up. But I don't want her to have the stress of it. Okay, stay on hold, Erica, don't feel bad. I'm happy to do this. I got you. I'm gonna send this over to you now. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: That's it for me this weekend. Everybody, thanks for hanging out. I love having you guys here. It's very much appreciated. We're about to dive into the holidays, but there is going to be new best bits the whole rest of the year and as we go into the next, so make sure you come back for more on the weekends, even though we may be you know, celebrating Christmas or New Year's and all that good stuff.
Speaker 9: There will be new stuff here, so thank you guys as always, have a safe, happy holiday. I'll talk to you guys next week and I love Yeah bye.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms Bob
Speaker 16: Show and followed web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.