Speaker 1: Travis Hunter got the Heisman. I mean, put Colorado on the map along with Dion you name.
Speaker 2: It, He's done it. Heisman Trophy winner played both ways, almost one hundred receptions in college his junior year for over a thousand yards.
Speaker 3: Where do you think he's going.
Speaker 2: I think he's going to the New England Patriots. I think they need help on both sides of the ball. So why not draft a two way player? You know they don't need a quarterback. No, they need a receiver. And if it doesn't work out at receiver, he can play defensive back. If it doesn't work out on defense, he can play receiver. It's a win win situation.
Speaker 3: It's a good situation.
Speaker 1: This is incredible, man, that'd be that well?
Speaker 2: He played both ways.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Dudes on Dudes.
Speaker 1: I'm Julian Edelman and I'm Rob Gronkowski and this is a show where your favorite dudes get to talk about their favorite dudes.
Speaker 2: Today, we got a freaks Mega cut Freaks Mega cut, All the freaks in one episode, all.
Speaker 1: The freaks in one episode. What are we going to talk about today?
Speaker 2: Our favorite Randy Moss stories.
Speaker 1: When some reporter came up to him, said Randy, what do you think about game fining? He says, straight cash, homie. What makes Josh Allen so elite?
Speaker 2: It's just truly showing how much knowledge he has of the game, and he takes it to a new level every year, and he took it to even another level this year. Travis Hunter playing both ways in the NFL, but.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone's played like this. He's averaging one hundred and fourteen plays per game.
Speaker 2: Art and for the chillis Dude of the Week presented by cors Light, we name our freak of the Year.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Dudes on.
Speaker 1: Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio Great being back in the Nuthouse, isn't.
Speaker 2: It, Yeah, Julian, That's why I brought a nuthouse present here. I was actually in San Diego. I was at, you know, some Indian gaming convention, which was a great time. Loved the Indians. Love what they do, you know, to bring entertainment to us. And I was walking by a booth and take a picture, and like they had these vacuums in the booth and I was like, give me a vacuum and I'll take a picture with you. And They're like deal. So they gave me that vacuum that I wanted, and then I was like, how am I going to bring this vacuum home? And then I was like, oh, great idea, that's gonna be my present to the nuthouse. I haven't been to the nuthouse in a while, so Jules, I donated a vacuum to the nuthouse today. Driving vacuums, yes, it just operates on its own. So I feel good about myself that I contributed to the nuthouse.
Speaker 1: I put together a little list of things that ever since Rob started coming to the house, we have a lot of one beverages, whether it's protein shakes, free, some kind of sport drink something. There's always a massive amount of boxes of sport drinks coming into the nuthouse.
Speaker 2: Because of well, isn't that a positive? That's a positive plus a right phew. I felt like you were talking about it like it was a negative. I'm we need protein, we need you to stay hydrated.
Speaker 1: He's brought a speaker, he brought a couple backpacks. The robot cleaner. We got that tequila a few times. And I'm not talking like one bottle of tequila. I'm talking it's like massive huge bottles of tequilas that he gets at like these events that are for like big parties. He just comes here and he's like, uh, here, guys, take this. So we have like twenty of those, a bunch of clothes and merchandise from a bunch of different brands that send to the nuthouse for Rob. Body washing shampoo, always has deodorant sent to the house.
Speaker 2: That was from the l A Bowl, La bol Bowl and dog shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was the artist sports Dogs. So I want to officially give Rob the new name Roberto Claws. Thank you, but I'm always bearing gifts when he comes.
Speaker 2: You couldn't give me that name because, uh, that name has already been established. And you know the guy that already established that named Nate ruckdalsh on my childhood friend who lived with me in Foxborough, Massachusetts.
Speaker 3: I don't know Nate Rustbury. I know Nate dog Yeah, Nate dogg.
Speaker 2: He actually gave me that name before because of how many presents I always brought home from the facility dinners, plates, silverware, blenders, and he's like, you Roberto Claus now, and I was like, yeah, that's that. Yeah, he said that before, So.
Speaker 3: Dog shout out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll take it though either way.
Speaker 1: If you go to Rob's house back in Foxboro, so all you'll see is the to go boxes from the Patriots facility, You'll see like lunch meat in these to go boxes. You'll see fruit in these to go boxes. Rob would leave the facility with like four bags, like he just left Costco with just hot food to bring to his fucking house.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't just for me, it was for everyone that was staying at the house too, And like I made it like feel like like it was a juster Like that costed me money too. I'm like, y'all, I brought home meals for you, like they're gonna take it on my paycheck, like so you better appreciate me even more.
Speaker 1: There'd be like one or two nights a week where there'd be a specialty thing in there where they'd throw in some cheddary you have flays and.
Speaker 2: Shit, this is just so great to be back in the Nighthouse together. It is. I love it. I'm so glad it didn't burn down Jewels because we would be in a bad situation. But I would have, you know, supported you, and I would have showed up with a bag of goodies.
Speaker 1: Still, yeah, he probably would have showed up with the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Rob would have just had some a company. Some company would have sent Rob a fucking portable house for us to shoot it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would have it.
Speaker 3: Just all.
Speaker 1: It would have had a notice say, please tack us. Well, that's Roberto Claus for you, Roberto Clause, please tag us.
Speaker 2: I get it all. You're crazy.
Speaker 1: Thanks for bearing with us guys through the remote. With these remote episodes. We want to be in the studio and we'll get there, but the remote is working and.
Speaker 2: It's just fun. It is, man. And you know, I get to hang out on the East coast because I'm an East Coast guy, you know, so it's hard to be out on the West coast all year long. But uh, you know it's good for us because we still get to hang out. Yeah, and it's like.
Speaker 3: It's hanging out in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Marriage relationship too. We'll never get sick of each other, and it's it's sometimes it's good to be long distance. And then when we see each other again, it's like an explosion. Yeah, yeah, the house explodes.
Speaker 3: Little rashing time.
Speaker 1: Oh man, let's get in the chillis Dude of the Week, brought to you by our favorite beer, cours Like It cours Like delivered straight to your door. Visit Corslight dot com, slash dudes, and remember celebrate responsibly.
Speaker 2: George give me that course. But we recovered cold as the Rockies. Thank you Coors Light for refreshing me. And we're naming our freak of the year, Jules. Who is it?
Speaker 3: Travis Hunter?
Speaker 2: Makes sense?
Speaker 3: Maybe, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: This guy's won the best award for offense player, defensive player at best receiver, best corner. He's got the Heisman. I mean he put Colorado on the map along with Dion.
Speaker 2: You name it, He's done it. Heisman Trophy winner played both ways, almost one hundred receptions in college his junior year for over one thousand yards fifteen touchdowns. I only had a total of fifteen touchdowns in my career in college. I think it was six my freshman year and then ten my sophomore year. Oh no, I had more than fifteen. I had sixteen, baby, that's right. But he had fifteen to one year, three interceptions playing defense and played a toll of over fourteen hundred snaps. This guy's incredible. He is the chillest dude you know of the week, and he's the freak of the.
Speaker 1: Year, freak of the week. Where do you think he's going a.
Speaker 2: Freak of the year. I think he's going to the new Engan page. I think they need help on both sides of the ball, So why not draft a two way player? You know, they don't need a quarterback. No, they need a receiver. And if it doesn't work out at receiver, he can play defensive back. If it doesn't work out on defense, he can play receiver. It's a win win situation.
Speaker 3: It's a good situation.
Speaker 1: This is incredible, man, It'll be that'd be that, that'd be creat Well.
Speaker 2: He played both ways, I think so. I'll answer that. I think so. But just a package on package on whatever one that he's not playing full time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think I don't think he's gonna play full time both ways. No, I just don't think a team is going to invest a lot of money into him to do that when you can get more out of him with you know, playing on one side and then giving that package on the other.
Speaker 2: We've already gone over that a million times. Ready, Ready, Browns, Patriots or Giants, go name one of those teams that he goes to. You only get to pick one.
Speaker 1: Because he don't think he's going to the Giants, to the Browns. I don't think the Patriots are gonna get him either. Well, then where is he going? Like where is he going? Like, well, who's next Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 2: No, he's dropping the top ten to the thirty first pick. I hope he doesn't go to the Jags, but I don't I don't hope. I don't hope he goes to the Jacks here. I mean, yeah, jackson they can't go to the Jackets.
Speaker 3: Go to the Jacks. No, I won't be.
Speaker 2: It won't be fun though, if he goes to Jacksonville, Like it's kind of like, you know, a.
Speaker 3: Career case, someone trade up for him, Like it.
Speaker 2: Needs to be fun, Like it needs to be a fun market for Travis Hunter since no quarterback, Like he needs to go to like a New York market, Patriots market like something like that. Even Cleveland's better than Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: Is he the most talented player in the draft, of course because he plays both ways, so that's talent. Yeah, yeah, Well it's going to be exciting.
Speaker 2: It will be well but but he has to go to a market where it's exciting as well. Like I said, the Jaguars isn't really an exciting market. Even when the Jaguars are good, it's still not, you know, that exciting, Like it's just not on market that's exciting.
Speaker 1: I guess Jaguars having been exciting since Mark Bruneault retired.
Speaker 2: You want to know what was excited though. You want to know what was exciting though, is when I went to the Players Championship in Jacksonville a couple of weeks ago. That was exciting. Man. I took a hack with my with my six iron on the seventeenth hole, which they call it the Green Island. Great shot. Five thousand fans around me. They were cheering, and then the ball landed right in front of the island. But still a great shot. You know, I was proud of myself. So that's the coolest thing about Jacksonville is the Players Championship at the TPC course right TPC TPC And yeah.
Speaker 1: Trafsh Center probably could put it on that island. And that's the Chillers Dude of the week. Thanks to our favorite beer, Cores Light, get Coors Light delivered straight to your door, visit coreslight dot com. Slash Dudes celebrate responsibly, folks.
Speaker 2: Yes, shout out Travis Hunter for being the Chillers Dude of the week and also so the Freak of the Year brought to you by Corps Light.
Speaker 3: Let's get into these freaks.
Speaker 2: Freaks, and we're gonna start with a former player, a guy that everyone knows, a Hall of famer out there, a guy that we play with with.
Speaker 4: On New England. About two years for you, two years for me, a quarter season for myself, my rookie year in a quarter for me. But everyone knows who he is. Randy freaking Moss. Please pull the picture out.
Speaker 2: Randy Moss was an absolute dominant force on the football field. I didn't want to put him in the category right away. I didn't want to describe the category. But the guy had personality. Everyone loves him to this day. He's a great TV's TV TV analyst now awesome on TV. He's mossing people still to this day with his segment.
Speaker 1: And you know that you know what this is, Rob, You know the shots from No it's a shot from This shot is from when he was leaving the players parking lot.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 1: I think on a Tuesday after he got fined for mooning Green Bay. Remember he got fined for moving in Green Bay. And this is like right immediately after, when some reporter came up to him said, Randy, what do you think about game fining? He says, straight cash homie. That's what Randy is.
Speaker 2: And that quote is still used to this great cash homie, Great cash homie. Whenever I pay anyone in cash, I always say straight cash homeie. Oh, every single time. That's going to live on forever.
Speaker 1: How many years ago is that? That was a long time ago?
Speaker 2: Twenty No, it wasn't twenty How I was in high school man when that happened. He was on the Minnesota Vikings, right.
Speaker 1: Hey, he's in the Vikings at that time, So that was like what five maybe four? I think we need to start this twenty years ago? Did we start the top of the clock. Now, Rob's got a little research that he's done. Now, Rob, how did you get this research?
Speaker 2: I just typed in the player's name on co pilot what type of you know, football player they are or person they are? And it just popped up, and you know, you gotta work smarter, not harder.
Speaker 1: You gotta work what it's all about it is, So let's let's what is what did a co pilot?
Speaker 2: So this will also help out my reading skills. See dudes on dudes. I mean, we're not the smartest dudes, Julian, but we're also not the biggest idiots. I know, we have common sense and we're here, you know, doing this show as well to help us out in life as well.
Speaker 1: I would say we're idiots. I would say we're idiots.
Speaker 3: We're not dumb.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we are idiots in a good way though, the best way.
Speaker 1: We're not like IQ gonna like knock you off the charts. But you know, like we're also not going to spend you know, like all your money. If you have like two dollars, you're gonna spend fifty. That's like, yeah, exactly, there you go. You hit it right on the nose. And are reading skills I want to.
Speaker 2: Say, are? You know, are terrible everyone out there? So this is gonna help my reading skills. It's gonna help my creativity doing this show as well. And that's why I wanted to do it. I feel like it's gonna help us out on Fox, you know, just being the talk. So we're billing muscles and.
Speaker 3: We're also in the media because we're going to use their AI.
Speaker 2: Let's go. So here we go. We got we got Randy Moss, right, Yeah, Randy Moss A right what? Randy Moss was a dynamic and explosive wide receiver known for his exceptional speed, leaping ability, and playmaking skills. His deep threat capability made him a constant challenge for defenders, as he could stretch the field and make spectacular catches. Moss was renowned, renowned, right, renowned for his ability to make acrobatic catches and score touchdowns, earning him earning him a reputation as one of the most talented and dangerous receivers in the NFL. Over his career, he was selected to multiple Pro Bowls and was a key figure in the two thousand and seven New England Patriots record setting offense.
Speaker 1: He was he was start the clock, start the clock.
Speaker 2: We got ten minutes, which each player that we will be talking about first of them.
Speaker 3: That's pretty damn good by co pilot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, co pilot the money.
Speaker 1: And Rob I think he knocked it out the park.
Speaker 2: I was a co pilot reading that.
Speaker 3: I know, I think you were the actual pilot.
Speaker 2: I was. I was that actual pilot. No co pilot. You were. You were there, but you weren't there.
Speaker 3: I was co piloting by just sitting there.
Speaker 2: You were the passenger.
Speaker 3: I was a passenger.
Speaker 2: Yes, you were.
Speaker 3: I was a passenger. But who know who was the ride? It was freaking good.
Speaker 1: It was freaky, yeah, which was also Randy's nickname. It it was the freak.
Speaker 3: Randy went to you go, you went to Marshall.
Speaker 1: There's so many crazy stories about he committed to Florida State, then he went to Notre Dame.
Speaker 3: Did you ever hear.
Speaker 2: Those I never heard any of those stories. But he ended up at Marshall University. Where is Marshall anyways, West Virginia. It's in West Virginia. Yeah, And you know he's from Rand, West Virginia, Like Randy Moss is from Rand, West Virginia.
Speaker 1: He used to say that all the time in practice. Hey Rand, you Rand? Do you remember? You would always say that like him and like who else was from there? White chocolate was from there?
Speaker 2: Who's white chocolate? I eat white?
Speaker 3: Who's white chocolate? Jason?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Teammates teammates in high school?
Speaker 1: Dude, he always loves to fish too, he he That was the one thing you always knew about Muss in the off season. You were never he was like a farm boy. Yeah, yeah, he loved outdoors.
Speaker 2: You love fishing. Oh you know.
Speaker 3: I was traumatized at a young age.
Speaker 1: My brother made me hold like two catfish when I was like six years old, and he told me they could sting you and they had big old tentacles, and the fucking traumatized me. So not a big fisher. I was like the kid wakeboarding. My brother was like the fisher you fish.
Speaker 2: Nah. I always got seasick every time we took that boat out, yeah, you know, and they're like a mile off of shore. I was always throwing up and like really dizzy. So I never became a big fisherman. I mean I had a pond behind my house growing up, so I get like the sunny fish like that was cool, but never really a big fishman. I eat fish, So I like, what your favorite fish? Black and salmon? Black and salmon, yeah, with some good spices on it. I like a hall of it, nice light fish. Yeah. All right, Back to Randy. Back to Randy, what hall of fame? What year was that? He went to the Hall of Fame Football Hall of Fame. That is was like twenty eighteen, twenty eighteen, it was.
Speaker 3: We won a Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: He was a twenty first overall pick, and he had a lot of the there's a lot of like turbulence in his early career, you know, in college and stuff, which I always thought made Randy, you know, misunderstood.
Speaker 3: You know, he kind of what would you say.
Speaker 1: When he was in the locker room, Like he was always a very caring dude, but he always had his guard up. He always had his guard up, but like on the low, he would always give you love. Like for me when I was I was a rookie receiver. I used to have to go out and buy all the receivers like lunch whenever we would have a way trips. Remember before the travel the rook he goes and grabs, you know, something from Bar Louie or you go somewhere you know, Jimmy Jones or something, and you get the order. And Randy would always make me do it. But I was a seventh rounder, so I wasn't I wasn't paid by any means, and guys would be giving you crazy orders. Randy would always throw me like three four hundred bucks. He'd pay for it and make me go get it. So like he was always he was just always quite like he would kind of get on me in front of people, but then when there was no one around, he'd always loved me up. And like, you know, like he I think he was just putting that on there to make me, you know, make me accountable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for the for the you know quarter career, you know quarter year I played with Randy. I thought he was a great teammate man, and like you said, I feel like he was misunderstood in the public eye a little bit. He didn't really care about you know, the glam and all that. He like, he just he just rubbed it off his shoulders like like it was nothing, like it was water man. But he cared about being a good guy and he never thought he was too big for anyone else. I mean, Randy was the best wide receiver in the game at the time, maybe of all time, and he cared about, you know, being relatable to the young bucks. He did he made me feel very warm and welcome. What do you do to the New England Patriots when I was there?
Speaker 3: What he did to make you feel warm and on.
Speaker 2: So Moss always loved, you know, kicking it back, having a conversation with myself. When I was a rookie, I was struggling. I was in the playbook like crazy, he struggling a little bit. But he just loved how I played the game. And he always imitated me because I was big, I was goofy, you know, and he liked that kind of stuff, you know. And every time I had a catch or you know, had a touchdown, I'd be like myself, you know, I'd be giggling like this. He'd be like, dude, bro, you always giggling, you always having a good time, grink like it's coolest shit, man, coolest shit. How you are man? And I'd be like it made me feel warm and welcome to be myself on the Patriots. And I'd be like I always did that on the field after I get up, Like I don't know, that was just me. I was getting hype and Moss was like, man, I like how you do this? Man? I like like that cool shit?
Speaker 1: How you do that? Like I'm go do that.
Speaker 2: After I school a touchdown, I was like for real, He's like, yeah, yeah, I'm going to do that. So what happened game I think game number two, Buffalo versus Buffalo. He scored like, you know, forty yarder post right down the middle, like you know, like Randy Moss does. Because his fastest wide receiver I probably ever seen play the game freakish you know, stride. It looked like he was going slow.
Speaker 3: It looked like but he was just always passing people.
Speaker 2: And he was just gliding. It was like a jet ski on water, like on like flat service, just gliding seven. Yes. And it didn't look like he was going seventy no, but he was going seventy maybe eighty on water, which is fast. Yes. So we get to the game. He scores that touchdown and he starts doing this like exactly. Yeah, He's being gronk in the end zone. And I'm twenty one years old and this is Randy Moss, freaking Moss imitating me after one of his touchdowns, and I thought it was the coolest thing. I actually never even shared that story with anyone. I'm not even I'm talking like, I never shared that story with a friend and a family member. It's just kind of known within the team, you know, within the team and the organization. So that's one of the coolest stories of all time. You know about Randy Massa I have personally and he just made me feel welcome to the team. Uh, And he just made me feel like myself because he just loved how I was and how I played the game. And it was just a special moment, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: He fucked with dudes that worked hard. He like I remember on Tuesdays, he would come in and do these workouts where he would do like side step ups, these like uh step ups, quick feet, and so I would jump in with him every once in a while and he'd do all these medicine ball things where like he'd have like one leg on a medicine ball and do like a push up, and you know, he was working your core. And so I would always I would always see him do shit, and then I would go do it. You know, I want to do what everything anything Randy did. But like if he saw you working, he never really busted your balls. That's kind of got you know. But if you weren't, if you were you know, if you were talking and you were a guy that wasn't hurt or something like any other Patriots, any of the patriot like guys, you know you're gonna hear shit.
Speaker 2: You want to know, you want to also know why. I would say Randy was misunderstood a little bit because he was real. Yeah, and when people are real, people don't like that man because like sound like ashle Yeah exactly, it sounds assholey, Like if he didn't want your freaking food, he's not going to eat your food like you just didn't want it, you know, if he didn't like you, he didn't like you, like, it's just real shit. And then that's what makes people misunderstood.
Speaker 1: I still can't fathom that Thanksgiving game that he had.
Speaker 3: What was the screenshot of of his.
Speaker 2: Well, he had three catches, like one hundred and forty six yards.
Speaker 1: Was sixty three yards on sixty.
Speaker 2: Three yards, oh and three touchdowns. All his catches were over fifty yards. It was when he was with the Minnesota Vikings Thanksgiving Day. He ate the turkey after the game as well. Yeah, it was just Moss being Moss. Well, Randy was so special that we actually had a play named.
Speaker 3: After him, Moss. Yeah, Moss us Hoss Moss, which was the Moss signal.
Speaker 2: That was the signal because it was all goes there was a go on the left, there was a seam on the left, there was a seam on the right. And every time Brady did that, I got excited because I was always the slack guy going down the field, so Moss. Every time I saw that play, I thought of Moss and just felt like I had to turn the burners on as well.
Speaker 1: Rub You had how many What was your biggest touchdown season?
Speaker 2: I had seventeen touchdowns in twenty twelve, but eighteen because one of them counted as a rush.
Speaker 1: Eighteen touchdowns. He had twenty three touchdowns. How fucking nuts?
Speaker 2: Is freaking nuts. I don't think anyone's ever going to touch that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the eighteen I don't think anyone's going to touch it.
Speaker 1: Still will because guys aren't playing as many games, like they don't play the whole season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that's not the reason why. I think just because Moss was just so dominant. Twenty three touchdowns. Because when you have twenty three touchdowns, Moss was only one who can get away from double coverage and then run away from because he was so fast and freaky. Ain't no one ever gonna touch that? Twenty three touchdown record. I mean, I was pretty close that one year when I had seventeen. And then actually he was at practice one of my best training camps of all time, when we were in West Virginia. Moss came whatever at that dump lay at Greenboro. It's great for football. Coaches loved it because all you did was focus on football.
Speaker 3: But he can't go to the casino, though, is fucking bullshit.
Speaker 2: Good thing we would have lost all our money or won a lot more money, and then had could have retired in training camp. But Moss was there when we were facing the Saints in practice and I was dominant. Man. This was a year I was on fire, unstoppable. It was actually the year we won the Super Bowl versus Atlanta when I was unstoppable, and it was just unfortunate that I got lit up up the middle of that year. But I had like four touchdowns in a row versus Saints and seven on seven and Moss was right there, and I was like, Boss, I'm coming for you. Man. That touchdown record is my go Gronk. You got it, boy, You're the only one. Gronk, You're the only one that can beat my touchdown record. Rock, you got this boy. I want to see you do I go, Moss, I am gonna do a buddy, I'm coming for twenty three, no problem. I mean, it was kind of realization at that time. I was dreaming big, but it was just so cool to have Moss right there talking shit to Randy Moss I'm gonna beat his touchdown record in the middle of practice. Like was one of the coolest moments I've ever had in practice at Moss, you the man. And the freakiest catch I've ever seen Moss make that I will still remember for I will remember for the rest of my life is the Reevius catch. It was the second game. It was the second game of the season.
Speaker 3: That was my first start.
Speaker 2: It was so when he did the imitation of me. It was actually the first game of the season. I think we played No.
Speaker 3: This was was that that was I don't think you were.
Speaker 2: There yet, No, I was there. So we played the We played Cincinnati my very first game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then we went to the Jets. We lost. Most freakiest catch I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: We lost the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we lost a game. Uh, Brady just tossed it up there. He let the play developed. No one was open, so he tossed it up one on one coverage, Moss verus dreld Reeves, the best cornerback in the game. Moss put his hand up in the air and just snagged it one hander right in the end zone, about three yards in. It was freaky because he extended all the way. It wasn't like it was like close to his body heat made that extensions effortless.
Speaker 1: It looked like he barely did it that when he was going, he's just like eh.
Speaker 2: And then oh, and then we played the Buffalo Bills a third game, and that's when he did the imitation imita imitating me, oh no, myself, the gronk giggles. And then we played the Miami Dolphins the fourth game of the season. And then after that game he went there. He wasn't there anymore. It was sad. It was you want to know something, Jules, Oh, I remember it, man, I remember it. We were we were partying man when he got traded. Were we It was Monday night, you know us, we were young bucks man. We went to Foxwoods, the casino, and we.
Speaker 3: Walked in.
Speaker 2: Monday. No, no, it was a Monday. It was a Monday night game. So to be able to buy weekend we had I think we had a bye week or something because we went to Foxwoods Tuesday night because it was industry night at Foxwoods, and you know us, we're in the industry of partying at that time. We were maniacs. We were maniacs. Were this dudes and dudes. Man, we're just having the conversation, you know, we're just telling our stories, just living up, you know we did in the past. And I remember we were together, man, and you were you were pretty hungover, I remember, and I was hungover too, and we turned on the TV. We didn't know anything what was going on, and we turned on the TV ESPN and Randy Moss there it was breaking news, traded to the Minnesota vikings, and literally we were like heartbroken. We were hungover and are broken. It was probably the worst situation you could be in. Yeah, yeah, but we always climb out of those holes. That was.
Speaker 3: But uh, I talked about talk about the Sunday scaries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was. That was the Tuesday morning scaries right there.
Speaker 1: You wake up, you know, oh fuck, we got to practice is gone.
Speaker 2: That was one of the examples of of my early times in my career that I was starting to learn that the NFL was a business. Oh yeah, because as a rookie, you don't know that it's a business. You know you're gonna make the team. You think you're playing forever.
Speaker 3: You can't trade Rainy trade Rainy, can't.
Speaker 2: Trade Randy Moss. She's the greatest of all time. And it was really cool though, because he did that press conference I think the week before, like he wants a new deal. He had his headphones around his neck. He kind of he kind of went off like the Patriots ain't giving me my new contract. And I thought that was really cool because that's the Randy Moss I knew, like going off, just just being a real dude. Yeah, And I love that shit. I love when players act up man, and I thought it was the coolest thing. So it was sad to see him go. But it was also sad because that was part of the reason I feel like he went. You know, Bill Is takes no shit.
Speaker 3: He doesn't.
Speaker 1: But that's when you're reckon you realize that this is definitely a business.
Speaker 2: All right. So some final thoughts Randy Moss.
Speaker 3: What kind of dude is Randy Mustin?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What kind of dude is he? I would say.
Speaker 1: So, we have a stud at like athleticism football IQ, the pedigree. We have the freak unparalleled physical ability, one of one, pretty much a mutant that sounds pretty close. We have a dog who's relentless motivated, physical and mental toughness. We got the whiz dude whose intellect innovative, very clutch. And we got a dude's dude, positive attitude, locker room guy, calm cool, collect glue guy.
Speaker 2: He's like a glue guy.
Speaker 3: Dude's dude.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you, every dude that we're going to be talking about hit all of them. They hit them all their attributes are all five of them. But we're trying to find the one that exemplifies them the most. And with Randy Moss, it's easy. I feel like this is a no brainer, no brainer, no brainer. It's already in his nickname, the freak, the freak.
Speaker 1: I mean he was I remember he's just so fast. He was so he could jump, he he he could.
Speaker 3: Catch the ball.
Speaker 1: The intricacies of the game where like that were you would try to coach the guys, like late hands and stacking the receiver, like those are the things that like we would try to coach.
Speaker 3: He just did it naturally.
Speaker 1: That's like how he like, he just knew how to judge a ball and high point balls like he We literally have segments named after him going up and just mossing dudes.
Speaker 2: And the way he like the ability he had to just leap when he was running full speed. It's crazy is what made him so great because he can have a defender on him, because defenders just as fast as them. Some of them were some of the DB's.
Speaker 3: Hey man, you.
Speaker 1: Remember he used to challenge Slate all the time, but every once in.
Speaker 2: A while there there was a guy that you know, it was kind of covering, but what did he do. He just leaped right over him like a frog and made the catch. And that's what made him so freaky.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy to think, like you're when you're running full speed and you got to track a ball, your eyes are bouncing like that's like some of the first things you see, like when from your like off season training and you jump into like you know, start competing against guys, the first thing that you always have to dial in is the bouncy eyes. My eyes would bounce and I'm going, like a guy to go full speed and be able to concentrate and then like efforts. See like a ballerina jump off one leg, go back mass a dude.
Speaker 3: Over to Like that's that's a freak. He's a freak.
Speaker 2: I remember, Jules, like you used to always Brad Moss would do it. So I'm doing it so like right after the games, like when you landed from an away game, he would go right to the weight room to get his workout in. And you've been Marshalls doing it. I'm going to do it. You know, like you copied everything he did. Hey man, but I don't blame you. Man, he's the greatest of all time.
Speaker 1: I'll copy him, Tom, anyone who was around, I'm copying West copy Katlee.
Speaker 2: All Right, you loved your dudes. You love hanging on your dudes. You because one dude you wanted the dude on.
Speaker 1: You become a creature of the dudes you hang around. That's the truth, you know, you become a dude of the dudes. That's why he keeps around.
Speaker 2: Podcasts, you know, because I've been hanging out with you Jewels, and you have your podcast, so I wanted to part.
Speaker 3: Now it's just dude dribbing off on dudes.
Speaker 1: So we did.
Speaker 2: Randy Moss all right, freak of nature, freak, no doubt. He's a freak dude, no question.
Speaker 3: Let's get on.
Speaker 1: Vince will Fork, big dog, Vince well four big v Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I wonder why something thanks something the Black Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday.
Speaker 1: I bet start the clock. What's hey? I gotta say.
Speaker 2: Vince Wilfork standy had six foot two and weighing around three hundred and twenty five pounds, played as a dominant nose tackle in the NFL primarily I think he was like three fifty at one point in sixty primarily played for the New England Patriots and later for the Houston Texans. Growing up in boy Town Beach, Florida, I think so, Boyton, Boyton, boy Tom Beach, Florida, will Fork was a track and field standout before switching to football at the University of Miami. Selected twenty first overall in the two thousand and four draft, he was known for his strength, size, and ability to stuff the run, often drawing double teams and anchoring defenses with his power and scale. Over his career, will Fork recorded five hundred and sixty tackles sixteen sacks, and three interceptions, earning two Super Bowl championships five Pro Bowl selections in a reputation as one of the best defense tackles of his era. Known for his charisma and a love for a barbecue, he has remained a beloved figure off the field, where he's big personality and big hits made him a fan favorite. That's a lot by AI. The long synopsis. That's the longest one we had so far. But Vince deserves it. Yeah, deserves it. He's the biggest guy so far we've been talking about. He's about three hundred and sixty five pounds. I think they got it got it wrong there. This guy can eat you up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: He's lost a lot of weight now, he sure has. He looks really good, man, He really good. It looks good on him. It's just sad that you know he's not coming back though, you know, because every good player you always have that imagination that they're going to come back.
Speaker 1: He never he always thought I think ve can still play. You just have that thought about him. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you think about Big v The barbecues.
Speaker 2: You know, he came out with his own barbecue. Saw some pretty sure. Mister Kraft used to have that team get together, team bonding at his house in the Cape after you made the team. It was right at the end of August. What howadays at right then? I guess Labor Day? Yeah, Labor Day yep, and uh it was Labor Day week. And we would all go up there and there'd be ribs or be you know, steaks, and then here comes Big V coming through and he brings his own barbecue sauce every single year. And I wouldn't eat those ribs or the soar line or you know, the burger meat until that barbecue sauce got there. And once Big V showed up, Hey, Big V passed that sauce over, buddy. Yeah. He loved it too, man, He loved being known about that sauce. And he just loved just the atmosphere around a cookout.
Speaker 1: For I was fortunate enough to get invited to one of his cookouts. He smoked some ribs. He was in some big ass overalls with no shirt smoking ribs. He just looks at home when he's on the barbecue. He looks like that's he's at home. The first I remember when I was a rookie, He's comfortable. That's just comfort zone for him.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: I remember my rookie year, my welcome to the NFL moment was like I was rolling in, like my my Toyota rental, and I park it in the way back of the players a lot, and all of a sudden, there's this fucking huge semi a fucking semi truck rolls in and parks up right in the front and takes like two damn spots backs in backs in this big ass orange semi truck. It's fucking Vince's daily driver. Vince had like a huge semi truck daily driver. He gets out of thinking and it looked just like him in front of the barbecue. Just a comfort zone for him. Just a big ass dude getting out of a big ass truck. Big v was just fucking so cool. That was like my first welcome edd and I was like, holy shit, I didn't even know you could buy semi trucks.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of welcome to the NFL, he gave me my Welcome to the NFL dosage of a hit Wooden training camp rookie year. You know the WAM block.
Speaker 1: What's the WAM block? Explained where they let.
Speaker 2: Go the guy let go. That's the just defensive tackle free. So then he thinks he's gonna go get a sack. And then a wam block is when I come across the line of scrimmage the tight end position, when I'm off the ball, and I'm the one that goes, and I wham the defensive tackle and try to block the trap for this tight end. There you go exactly and we're trapping the defensive tackle, so he knows it's coming. I mean, this is a specialty play that the New England Patriots been running. N they know the fucking script well before me. Yeah it is. It was it was at nine nine seven, So yeah, the defense does know the script, so they can look really good in the run game throughout that whole period. And I think they also told them this play was coming, uh being specifically knowing I'm on the black, Vince, and they wanted to see my toughness as a rookie. So the play is called I'm in full pass. You know, I'm wam block. I gotta show my toughness. I gotta show my keeps. I gotta get the respect of my fellow teammates, especially the veterans.
Speaker 1: Wait then you paint the picture. Also, Rob's a rookie here. Vive was like the big dog on campus. In practice, no one really gets close to him because you don't want to piss him off. When you're new, you know, it's like, holy shit, is that a that is a large human being. He's like so big, I think there's like something that orbits him, like on how round he is? Like that's you didn't want to get in his way. He didn't want to piss him off because he was very intimidating. Get back to your story.
Speaker 2: So the play, you know, gets on its way. I do my little you know, two side steps, you know, on the motion. I'm running full speed right at Vince Wolford. This guy peeks over to his left, he sees me coming. He has this grin on his face. Knowing I was coming, he put his shoulder down. I'm going full speed at him, and he gets that leverage and just tease off on me. I went flying backwards five to six yards. I didn't even land on my back. He sent me flying in the air where I landed on my feet still, Oh my god. Yeah, and that hit hurt like a mother effort. But what's cool is I gained the respect to my teammates and my coach at that time, tight end coach, in that meeting that day when we went and reviewed the players, Brian farrens, love you, Brian FARRENC. He's now at Iowa with his dad doing, you know, doing his thing, doing a good job. He goes, Yo, what were you thinking trying to block Vince Wolf for He goes, You're never gonna do that again. I go, thank you, thank you. I go, I'll never do it again. And ever since that day, you know, we had about five more of those calls, and I just go up to him. I hug him. I didn't need to try to block him. It was just only gonna get me hurt from there on out. Yeah, I just give him a hug like Vince. No, No, it's the way I'm black man. I know you're gonna beat me, like, there's there's no reason to go through this motion of me getting thrown backwards again. Oh my god, I'm gonna break a rib. He's so, he's so you love your ribs, and you're gonna you know, you probably eat him, yeah, and join him after with your barbecue sauce. Body.
Speaker 3: Oh my, that had to be so terrifying.
Speaker 2: It was, well at that time, it was intimidating.
Speaker 3: Guy, was when you joined the team.
Speaker 2: Too terrifying after that because I was trying to, you know, gainer my keeps and like I was trying to prove myself, so I didn't care who was in my way. And then I learned, I do care who's in my way. Yeah, and when when it comes down to the NFL, you gotta that's when you learned on when to you know, take your shots at someone and went not to when to block someone hard when the kind of like just box someone out as well, instead of trying to hit him full speak and you hit him full speed heads up. They you know, they're way bigger than you. This is when you start learning the ins and outs. And that's one ins and out. I learned big time.
Speaker 1: Freaking v And he was so quick too, Like that's what people don't realize, like they just surprisingly.
Speaker 2: Quick because of how big he was and his feet. You had fast feet. Man. He was kind of like a running back that pitter patters, Like whoa big burp right there? Juels. Wow was the barbecue I ate from five years ago with big vans and still going out we ate that much. I tasted that barbecue sauce right that that was good. But his feet were surprisingly click. He was like boom. He was a rabbit out there.
Speaker 1: I remember he's going in the weight room and you go over by like the kettlebells and like the arm bars and stuff, and they're always be a shock put there. Remember him? You ever see him shotput?
Speaker 2: And I never have?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he can fucking shock. He was a fucking track star. I think he had like the state record.
Speaker 2: He had insane strength too. I remember like he wouldn't go in the weight room to just like warm up, you know, do three fifteen like five. He would just go in the weight room just to you know, maintain his strength. And he would just walk in and I remember him just throwing up like four hundred and twenty five pounds in the bench and just tossing it up then racking it and be like I'm done for to day. Yeah, Like he didn't even need to work on his strength that much because he was just that strong naturally, and like it was to a whole nother level. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember seeing him in the weight room toom he like Marcus Cannon when he would work out, the weights would bend. He was just so strong, and he had always great movement like he was very He was very skillful, like fluid fluid. Like when you watch Big V throw football, he looks like like he spins the ball really well. You see him hit a golf ball. He fucking has an unbelievable golf swing. I mean, the guy is so athletic. He used to return punch in high school. Like I remember, you know, Bill, Always every training camp when it's getting to like day nine ten, guys who are worn down, beat up mentally, physically, emotionally exhausted, he'd always have a big lineman come in and try to catch him punt, and if you caught punch, you'd have the night off. He threw v up there and it looked too fucking easy. I think he went in snagged that thing was.
Speaker 2: He was so athletic. He could have played full back. I swear he could play running back and it gets gained some yards before going down tight end. He could definitely play I heard him talking about this too as well. He could play defensive end obviously, anywhere on the defensive line, and he, like you said, quarterback as well. He had an arm. He loved being you know, before practice was going on, you know, before we get really got into it, he'd be chucking the ball, you know, to his fellow defensive players, just having a good old time. He was just so disruptive as well. And he was kind of like the two gap god when he was, you know, on that defensive line and that being able to take two gaps. You know how much stuff freeze that linebacker. That's a linebacker's best friend right there, Vince Walford, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, Drod Mayo, Dante high Tower, Jamie Cult they all love them.
Speaker 2: They all do it.
Speaker 1: And guys like they love guys that take double teams. Lets you get to that fucking kind of Big V just said. Big V has so many stats. He had so much production for the amount of stats he had because he had such hidden things that made plays go. It was unblockable, and you take two double teams, they can never get the guy to the second level. Like he just was fucking a monster. And we wanted to talk about him on this show specifically because.
Speaker 2: Because what is he known for on Thanksgiving Jules, He's the one that created the butt, the but the force, the generator of the butt fumball versus the New York Jets Sanchez, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, and he did that before, like he it's where he gets so much penetration. He drives his guy back so far that it hit the quarterback with the guy that he was driving backs. But that made him fumble the football and Steve Gregory scoop score in his home area of New Jersey, which was just a fucking crazy game. That comes to my mind when I think events of some of his crazy stories. But also remember when we were in Buffalo and he read out the receivers run.
Speaker 2: What was he rewarded with? Though? After that he had the turkey on the post game, he had the turkey leg. He had the turkey leg. He rewarded with a turkey leg during the post game for his contribution to the butt fumble.
Speaker 1: And he ate that thing.
Speaker 3: He ate it all, not surprise.
Speaker 2: So what was it that you were talking about in Buffalo?
Speaker 1: Remember in Buffalo where they had that receiver screen and v reddit and he was full full speed and a receiver was full speed not seeing him, and it looked like it looked like if a semi hit like one of those little smart cars.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, this this is the receiver. Like he was up, he was up, and them like your finger just got bent backwards in matter of a split second. Boom. That looked like the receiver right there.
Speaker 1: Boom. It's not even that. It's not even the mass. Imagine if he like fell on you going that fast like a bug, like a fucking bug, I bet you got his.
Speaker 2: W out of the air and it just explodes everywhere. That's kind of what happened to the Bills wide receiver.
Speaker 1: And you always they flattened him, No, it was it was that's a terrifying hit. Like that's like, that was a terrifying hit. There's a lot of big hits that you see. You're like, all right, you can you can winstand that. But when it's it's straight physics. When you got mass times velocity, you get forced, you get fucking force. And that's what big V was. I don't know if that's right for you physics people, get us in there. But then also what about what about his interceptions. We're talking big plays here. I mean he had that that pick versus Philip Rivers at home in Gillette Stadium when he was at another screen.
Speaker 2: Or he was just I think he was it got tipped or somebody. Yeah, did he tip it? Did he tip it? Yeah, he tipped it to himself. He showed great ball skills right there.
Speaker 1: And then then you saw your fast feet.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then he started just you know, trucking down the field like a rabbit with his fast feet. He looked nimble, and he looked agile and just rumbling down the field.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone in the world that watched that play, anyone in the world didn't want that big man to score when a big man has because the ball looked like a fucking like, uh, a paper talent is in his armpit, loaf of bread. I mean it looked pumper nickel, pumper nickel. It looks so small, and he's like running it, and like everyone is just sitting there, like, look at the big big go reminds me of or calmly also did that and they kick off return packers. I love big man get.
Speaker 2: Read or score a touchdown a soldier, everyone loves it. Man Soldier had that one. The Lions are doing it a lot.
Speaker 1: Lions are doing it.
Speaker 2: We're speaking of Thanksgiving, you know, teams lions in there, you know, don't don't not expect a trick play to alignment this Thanksgiving from the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 1: I mean a fake punt. You're gonna, You're gonna. There's gonna be something like that. We we talked about on this show a few weeks back. Tight End University Day or Happy tight End Day? What is it called National tight End Day?
Speaker 2: National tight End.
Speaker 1: There's got to be a national big guy touchdown Day or a big guy catch Day. It just needs to be national.
Speaker 2: Bing Like it's a rule in the NFL book that you have to at least run one tackle eligible, play.
Speaker 1: One tackle eligible. The guy has to be over two and seventy five pounds eighty five pounds, has to touch the football on one specific day National big Fat Guy did.
Speaker 2: I like that?
Speaker 3: That's what I think.
Speaker 2: We like that. Who's gonna start it?
Speaker 1: I think we need Big V.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Big V, come on, let's go.
Speaker 1: You remember in the butt Football Game? I remember watching it the next day in meetings, Bill rewinded it like four or five times, barely said anything, and then like got up and talked and he said the Jets got exactly what they deserved. Like did something like one of those you know what do you remember that.
Speaker 2: I actually was hurt that year duel. So I was at home just watching it from my couch, just enjoying my Thanksgiving, and I just remember that play happening. I was shocked because we were already dominating, that dominating, dominating, that it wasn't even a close game at all, And just when that happened, I was giggling to myself, like what a play. I never seen anything like that. And I was screaming too, because Gregory just scooped it, like it just didn't happen, a butt fumble and directly new No, directly on the ground and directly in the Gregory's hand. But it went to the end zone of the Patriots as well. We got six points out of it. It's like it doesn't happen usually, usually like a play like that, you know, usually someone just gets on it and it's a fumble recovery. It went to the house. We scored on it. How do you think Sanchois or san Chito feels about that. I mean, Sanchiz is a good dude, is a goofy dude, so I think he kind of likes it. I think he does owns it. Yeah, yeah, he does own it for sure. He'll giggle about it, for sure. It's kind of like the Miami Miracle. I own that play. Yeah, He's kind of like the butt fumble with Sanchez. I mean it's okay. I mean, it happens.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like the two thousand and four or two thousand and two frosh Off championship between the Bee Di Division Ocean Division. You know, I gave this interception away and they won it on it. It's kind of like, you own it now, fucking him. I'll never own it.
Speaker 2: It's bullshit. It's okay, jus, one day you'll own It'll get over it. It's okay, man, we're here for it. Just be thankful for other things and then you'll get over that.
Speaker 1: You know what. I'm also thankful for. What are you thankful for that we were a part of probably two of the craziest play calls in the history of football. Won the butt fumble? Yes, what's more embarrassing the butt fumble? Or do you remember when the Colts had that stupid punt formation that they tried it?
Speaker 2: Sad was fourth and two and they were trying to get us on a trick more than four. It was a weird formation they had, like everyone spread out wide and then the center was down in distance and then there was a running back behind the center or something, and then they hiked it and everyone was in like in shock, like what that.
Speaker 4: Going?
Speaker 1: And that's the only reason I bring this up is because the same shock factor that we had that like, did that but just make that fumble and then we scored a touchdown. That same shock factor is the same shock factor we had when they did this punt form mation thing.
Speaker 2: Did he really hiked the ball?
Speaker 1: I'm not a math guy, but three on one, I'm looking at the Colt sideline right here after the play. Are you fucking serious?
Speaker 2: What is this? Like? This is National Football League and they're only down by six in the third quarter.
Speaker 1: I don't know that's the Colts for you?
Speaker 2: That was that was worse than the buff fumble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's made through force in gravity exactly. The butt fumble was made by Vince in that fucking three hundred in twenty five pound frame, twenty five pound frame, taking his matchup and driving him into the fucking I'm flabber acid. I didn't realize we were going to get into that play. I think they rose the banner that year.
Speaker 2: That's why I never lost.
Speaker 3: Was that the banner year they rose?
Speaker 2: Never lost to the Colt.
Speaker 1: Did we ever lose to the Colts? I did in two thousand and nine four two, Yeah, so it doesn't count. How about the big boy on Body Issues? I mean he's he's not like it looks like muscle.
Speaker 2: It is muscle. That's why I love the ESPN the Body Issue because they they featured everyone. Yeah, it's and they were just showing how were you on it? The statue? Yes, how the statue of the body representing all different types of athletes, from a guy that played tackle to a wide receiver to myself right there, young, You want to know the running joke was about me, I'm being on the Body Issue cover? What was that? The circle? It was really small that they needed to use?
Speaker 1: What circle?
Speaker 2: The cover? Me out?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what? I didn't they tell you it was going to be a small set, like, there's not gonna be a lot of people there.
Speaker 2: There really wasn't. There's probably like five, five or six.
Speaker 1: How many people were on your I feel like there's thirty in mine, really thirty.
Speaker 2: I wanted to see you Juels, You're a good looking guy. I did a wonderful body.
Speaker 1: Now, how did the how did the football stay on?
Speaker 2: It's a good question. I was kind of adjusting it before every shot, and then I kind of adjusted it so I kind of found that Niche.
Speaker 1: Did you take a to keep that thing staked up so you could just post it on there?
Speaker 2: No? No, it was actually one of the worst performance looking days of my life. It was kind of chilly in there. I felt like I felt like a frozen raisin. Yeah, and I was just giggling at myself every time I look back at the pictures. It was bad. Yeah, it was bad. It was bad. I was embarrassed just looking at it myself.
Speaker 1: It was crazy because like you would see like a picture after you know, you'd go with the photographer and your your wiener would be out and you'd see the picture and then all of a sudden they'd be like, Oh, don't worry, we could just cut that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're sitting there worrying because you're like, you're gonna go tell everyone you know, and then that person that's reviewing request three degrees in.
Speaker 1: The shoot set it was.
Speaker 3: Ten minutes.
Speaker 1: What kind of dude is Vince Will fork stud, a freak, a dog, a dude's dude, or a whiz.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's a waist. He has a lot of intellectual and knowledge of the game of football. I mean he was a smart player. That's why he knew that big play that he made when we were talking about it versus Buffalo Bills, and he absolutely dominated the receiver on that screen across the middle because he saw that play coming. He sniffed it out like he was a wizard out there. That's how he made majority of his plays. Same with his interceptions. He knew the screen was coming. He backed off. He knew that when he got dropped, he wasn't going to just go to the quarterback and get a free sack. He knew there must be a different type of play coming. Oh it's going to be a screen or it's a gimmick or something. I mean, he was smart, bro, He was very smart on that football field, I'm telling you. I mean, yeah, he was a freak for his size, I mean three sixty, just the way that he could move, his athletic ability. Kind of a dude's dude as well. With his barbecues, man inviting the guy over having that barbecue sauce for everyone.
Speaker 1: He's also a fucking dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was a dog.
Speaker 1: He was grimy in there. Oh yeah, when you're the guy taking the double team the whole time, and you know you have to go getting six hundred pounds every fucking play because he's taking double teams every play, six hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: And he would take those double teams and kind of just eat those double teams up, he really would, and just let that linebacker just free to go in and make the place.
Speaker 1: And he's a fucking stud is ATLTUS. He is, man, I mean, he could shoot a basketball. He I mean, he's insane thrower of the football. You watch his golf swing, You're like, holy fuck, I think he's scratched golf.
Speaker 2: This is a true tough one. Man. This is really tough to really categorize and pinpoint Vince Wolfork to just one category. Man, it's gonna be tough on three.
Speaker 1: What do you expect one?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, hold on, let me keep thinking about this, man. Oh alright, alright.
Speaker 1: One, two, three?
Speaker 2: Fuiz ah man.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I know, man, he is a freak though, but he's he's so smart. Man, I'm telling you, he's a smart football player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that goes into his freakiness where you think a guy that looks like him isn't smart. He's great. He's great in commercials too, like you see him in that stove commercial.
Speaker 2: Now, like grilling and all that, he's on TV. But you also just sitting there like smart large gotta be smart large guy right now. That, Like we said, we're categorizing freaks. As you're just looking at someone, You're like, how can they possibly do it? That size? Also also like fet can we say, yeah, he's he's a wizard though, Can you agree with that?
Speaker 1: I mean I always, I mean Bill talking about how smart he is a football player instinctive.
Speaker 2: So I do agree he is a freak of nature. I mean obviously to be that size to move, you know, to move that well on the football field, take on double teams and just squash him, just the way he tackled guys too. They would go right down. There was no mistackles by Vince Wallfork when he got your hands.
Speaker 1: On you, No, so drape you down and he's swallow you.
Speaker 2: All right, We'll try again. Let's do it again.
Speaker 1: One two, three, freak stamp it.
Speaker 3: Let's move on to our next guest, So.
Speaker 2: Oh Dix in inertial wave are collaborating with rob What is that? Am I accepting this collaboration?
Speaker 3: Oh Dick sporting good?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Jesus, But it says Dick's an inertial wave. Like this is getting raunchy, but it kind of goes with Shannon Sharp instagram lives. So make sure those Instagram lives are turned off right now, ladies and gentlemen, because we don't know what may happen.
Speaker 3: Start the clock. What's a I gotta say about? Oh, Shannon?
Speaker 2: Oh, Shannon shop. Shannon Sharp is renowned as one of the greatest tight ends in NFL history, known for his exceptional athoughticism and competitive spirit off the field. He is admired for his character off the field. He is for his charismatic personality and dedication to the community service. That was community service on the Instagram life made a lot of people happy, a lot of people happy, A lot of people got happy, Yeah, they sure did. And entertainment too. Entertainment, Hey, that's community service, shaving the community. Yes, it sure is all right. We're getting a little yeah Nowy Sharp made a significant impact on the Denver Broncos in Baltimore, Ravens, winning three Super Bowl titles and becoming a key player in their offenses. He was the first tight end to surpass ten thousand receiving yards. I don't even have ten thousand receiving yards. And this was back in the day. Beastly and held the records for most receptions, receiving yards, and touchdowns by a tight end at the time of his retirement. Sharp's post retirement career as a sports analyst has further solidified his influence in the football world. And he's not just a analysts in the football world either. He's an analyst in all of sports, which she is like he's he is broad in his his fan base big time by you know, breaking down basketball, basketball, breaking down breaking what badminton if he had to, Dude, this guy can do it all in the broadcasting world.
Speaker 3: When he went up with Skip him and Skip like he could battle him, he could talk.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's no that's he's famous for a reason, not just his his podcast, Uncle Shay Shay and and everything that he's got going this Guys like you could tell he's a fucking smart guy. He looks like he can still play.
Speaker 2: He sure does. He looks like a linebacker now as well. He looks like he's Jack.
Speaker 1: He can go out there and just level fools and just get right back up.
Speaker 2: He is jacked. And I think he posted an instagram within the year of him benching still and I think it was like three eighty five. It was around there. Don't quote me the exact way, but it was right around there. And he put it up like five times as well. She's he's huge Jack.
Speaker 1: I watched a lot of the films and the miked up and stuff. Yeah, he could talk some ship He's one of the shark could talk some.
Speaker 2: He is the biggest ship talking tight end in NFL history, without doubt, no doubt about that. How about when he when he came to uh Foxborough, one of the old stadium back in the day, obviously he was playing in the nineties, uh, and he picked up the phone, the red phone.
Speaker 1: And no one picks up the red phone. No one.
Speaker 2: You get your ass busted if you pick up that phone. But hey, hey someone called the president. Where what did he say, exactly? We just someone called the president. We're killing the patriots, sonning the troops. Then something like that. It was right along that those lines, right right yeah, we are killing the Patriots. Senate. Someone called the president, we are killing the Patriots.
Speaker 1: And this is back before like talking to the cam like now we see players always talking to the camera on the sideline or before a game, pregame, postgame like shee and Sharp was an innovator of a lot of that, Like when you get you see the guys warming up in the warm ups and stuff. He'd always engaged the camera like and let you know he's about to run up all of your ass in the game that week and start talking to the fans.
Speaker 3: He's fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: He is crazy. I mean he has wide receiver bill because I think he was drafted as a wide receiver as well as he Yeah, he was, and then he put on some weight. Obviously you got to put on weight if you're drafted as a wide receiver went to the tight end position. But that kind of explains why he was such a great route runner, because he was a receiver coming into the NFL, and uh, that kind of explains why he's so jacked as well, because he had that skinny frame and then he had to hit the weights hard. There's no doubt about it. He has like this down hill speed like when he gets going, he catches that ball, he's gone. When he catches he's gone. He's a freak run by. Yeah, he is a freak, no doubt a little.
Speaker 1: He kind of a freak.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't even think we got a debate at Yeah, and I think he's a freak no matter what.
Speaker 1: Well we know he's a freaking the sheet.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is. I mean that Instagram Live back to the Instagram Live real quick. You think it was set up? I mean, I mean to get into Instagram Live, you have to open up your phone. Your face has to be recognized or you gotta put your password, and you gotta hit Instagram. Then you got to hit like the story but and then you got to move over to the right and hit Instagram Live. And then when you hit that, it says are you sure you want to go live? And then you got to hit yes. I mean, I still think it's an accident. It's a girl. It was an accident.
Speaker 3: Was it a girl or was he live before? I don't know the story live.
Speaker 2: Before and accidentally put his phone down. I'm not sure, but I mean it was entertainment.
Speaker 3: I mean I didn't listen.
Speaker 2: He was getting the job done. I didn't listen either.
Speaker 3: What a hell of a career one what do you win? Three super Bowls?
Speaker 1: Two with the Broncos and John Elway and that that late Bronco surge of John's career. And then he went to the Ravens and was part of that founding block of foundation for that organization, him and Ray Lewis, like Ray was the guy that had the team, and it was like always they always had like quarterbacks that weren't necessarily like big name quarterbacks. It was more of playing to the defense. And you know the guy on the offense that was always representable Shannon Sharp. That's what I remember as a kid when you watch the Ravens, it was Shannon Sharp's team on the offense. And that's that's crazy. The crazy thing about Shannon is his brother Sterling and in the amount of respect he had for his brother, who he had like a what he played, how many years he played seven years in the league, got cut with the neck injury, got cut short with the neck injury, was like tearing up everything was all pro five times led the NFL in receptions a few three years and it was really cool to hear when Shannon got inducted to the Hall of Fame, that he would be the only guy up there in the Hall of Fame that had a brother that was better than him. He said something along those lines. I'm paraphrasing, So you have to give a shout out to Sterling and he was. He was really good on TV back in the too.
Speaker 2: Well. Shout out to Stirling as well, because actually, I didn't know any of this has ever occurred. I didn't know that Shannon had a brother. He was a Muster I played in the NFL that. Thank you for the fact, Jewels. Thank you for the knowledge. We're always here to learn. That was pretty cool that you know more about a tight end and then you know, I know about a tight end, So that was cool.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool to hear the brother brother get an older brother, like, do you have any of those stories where your older brother like punked you into.
Speaker 2: M of course, that's why I also think it was really cool that you share that story because I got three older brothers and one younger brother played on their teams growing up, played same football teams in high school and college and didn't remember Dan was on our team. Yeah, the New England Patriots for a little bit. Yeah, big piece. He he does have a big piece. It's dark as well. Yeah, so it's like like a double whammy big piece. Yeah, douay, big piece. It's tan. I guess I don't know. That's why I've heard. That's what his wife told me.
Speaker 3: Here's brother. You've definitely seen his No, No.
Speaker 2: He's never showed me. I was making fun of him one time, and then his wife came in like, wow, he has a bigger and darker dick than you know. I was like, well, I know that, but I'm gonna keep making fun of him, like I already know that. That's why I am making fun of him so I can make myself feel bad. Okay, back to Shannon Sharp, who has a sharp piece.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: Why are we always was? Why are we talking about this stuff?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean this is dude talk, though, this is dude's on dudes Like this is so great because whenever we get off you know, subject and topic and everything, we can always just blame it on the name of the show. It's dud's just being dudes and and no, lie, that's what dudes do. Man, dudes talk about. It's weird. Why do dudes talk about peace sizes so much like when it's just the dudes like on the couch watching the game. Why is that?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It always comes back to that.
Speaker 3: It's weird Manno mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Fourth Leg the greatest trash talker of all time.
Speaker 2: There. I was watching him on the whatever NFL one of those NFL shows, Top one hundred shows wherever I had the NFL channel line, and someone told Shannon Sharp before don't quote me exactly, it's just along these lines. They said, Hey, Shannon, you want to be famous, you want to be well known, then don't block. And Shannon Sharp took that to heart and he went out there and goes, I'm gonna go out there and catch passes. I'm gonna go out there and I'm gonna be well known. I'm gonna be famous, and I'm gonna catch passes, score touchdowns and get first downs. And that's sure what he did. But he wasn't that bad of a blocker either. He went out there, he got it done. He's kind of one of the first tight ends to revolutionize the tight end position as well and to open up in offense at the tight end position, and he's kind of more of an h back, tight end as well, kind of shorter, more stockier, and he got the job done. He could run. He runs like a deer.
Speaker 1: I mean he didn't have all those stats for not being great. I mean he's a monster. Did you ever watch that Catlliams interview. Nah, I haven't, but I didn't either, But I just remember the hype of that whole thing. That's what That's what happened with Kat Williams went on like a three hour RNT.
Speaker 2: I feel like Shannon would be a great time to hang out with. Like I bet Shack in the day when he was your teammate and you went out to the club with him, he would be a freaking great He would go up and talk to any girl. I bet he just talks trash. Twenty four to seven. He would go up. He'd be in the club talking to like eight girls. I want to talk in garbage about his teammates are hyping you up, like piping you up, HIPing you up. You see you see my boy over there. You see that touchout he had, You see that. He needs a girl like you know, he needs a back massage, He needs some relaxation. We need him ready for next week. Can you please go over there and just sit on his lap. I'm telling you, go looking guy, I see I seen him, seen him in the shower too before. I'm telling you he's looking at him. Ultimate hype guy. But you bet you would be like that.
Speaker 1: But he probably he probably hate playing against him, like we never played against him. You probably hate playing against Shannon Sharp just because of a his production, how good he was, and b he let you know how good he was.
Speaker 2: Most rip tight end of all time too.
Speaker 3: He's got he's up there.
Speaker 2: Up there, he is the most ripped.
Speaker 1: Look at him, he's fucking jack.
Speaker 2: Jack biceps freaking sticking out.
Speaker 1: He loved that Hennessy. I've seen him drinking Hennessy. Is it a bunch right, there's always pictures. I swear he'll be working out. I don't know what it is, but this guy, I don't know how he can drink that alcohol and look that great God touched him because he he's fucking a monster in a great way. Who were some of the best trash talkers you you played against?
Speaker 2: Oh, Charles Socks, he was great.
Speaker 3: T Sizzle, Yeah that same route, yeah, Phil Ravens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does t Siszl was great. Man. He was a scary player as well. He was massive. T saysl loved the talk talk talk garbage.
Speaker 3: What do you say to you?
Speaker 2: I mean it was so long ago, yeah, yeah, so long.
Speaker 1: Like you grown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just ship like that. I'm he loved. He loved to talk like over the line and over me and just directed right to Brady. They always always, man, he was just directing it right to Tom every single game. And then I would be in front of him. You ain't touching Tom, I'm here, I'm chipping your ass getting them. Yeah. But uh, I would never talk garbage back really to him because he was scary too. Yeah, he was scary. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Bart Scott said fuck you to Billy. Remember that in the playoff game, Yes, Scott, Bart Scott. I remember when Bart Scott went up right, he was three inches from Billy O'Brien's face and said, fuck you white boy, Billy. Ohst he goes, I love him Billing.
Speaker 3: That was when we were fourteen and two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did.
Speaker 1: They beat our ass in that division, Jets. We should have never lost that freak. What was it?
Speaker 3: What was Bart Scott's thing?
Speaker 2: Can't wait?
Speaker 3: Can't wait?
Speaker 2: Can't wait to lose the next game.
Speaker 1: Ten minutes is up. All right, what kind of dude is Shannon Sharp?
Speaker 2: I mean freak, absolutely freak. He's in the weight room, freak, on the field, freaking the Sheet's just freak on the Undisputed Show, freaking serious radio when he was on. He's been a freak his whole life.
Speaker 1: He's freaky.
Speaker 2: He's freaky, freaky, freaky.
Speaker 3: He's also he could be dog.
Speaker 2: Oh, but he's more of a freak.
Speaker 1: He's a freak.
Speaker 2: He's freaky Friday Stamp. He's a freaky Friday, Freaky Friday.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after this quick break, Patrick levon Mahomes the second. Should we start start the clock. We remember we have ten minutes to talk about each dude to determine on what dude these dudes are. So let's start the clock, said go Rob. Let's start with Ai.
Speaker 2: Patrick Mahomes is an elite NFL quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs. He known for his incredible arm, strength, agility, and leadership, leading his team to multiple super Bowl victories few not a couple of Few? What three super Bowls been to how many? Force? No? Four super Bowl He's been three time champion Jesus. Off the field, he has admired for his humility, community involvement, and philanthropic efforts, particularly through his fifteen and the Mahomeys Foundation. He's he's a guy for the kids, loves the kids, just like myself. I had the Grank Nation Youth Foundation. We're for the kids. That's why I love Patrick even more now. He's for the kids. When you're for the kids, you're a good dude. When you're for the kids, you're a good dude. Mahomes combination of talent, work, ethic, and character has made him one of the most respected and influential figures in the NFL today.
Speaker 1: Wow, tell you the truth. I don't think AI got it right.
Speaker 2: I mean, if AI got it right, it would have been a page like of Like he didn't even.
Speaker 1: Say anything about his arm angle thing like everyone talks about.
Speaker 2: Every human talks about this fucking arm angle. He could throw the ball sideways. He can throw it, you know, over behind the back, behind the back. This year, he could throw it with his eyes closed, no lookers.
Speaker 1: I mean, Patrick Levon Mahomes the second's he's lefing Patrick Levaughn.
Speaker 2: I love how you're just like saying his middle name as well.
Speaker 1: I like Patrick Levon Mahomes assass. It's it's just it's a good sound.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I got a story with him.
Speaker 1: So back when you were balling in twenty seventeen Super Bowl against Philadelphia Minnesota, I had to torn acl and so I proceed to go out and it's me Cliff Kingsbury, his agent Eric, and Jacqueline who was working with Cliff, who's Mahomes' marketing lady, and this rookie Patrick Mahomes and we were all at this table at some party or some I don't even know club, and Mahomes was just like the coolest little dude chugging beard. We were sitting back chugging beards. I didn't really know who he was because they still had Alex Smith. This was the year that he sat behind him right and no one knew who he was, and he was just you could tell he was one of the dudes that you wanted to hang around. He's a fucking just goodass kid. He was like a little puppy there. Man. He was just yo, the chick of shaw you want. And it's so crazy to see where his story's gone. I mean, He's a fucking He's a legend. He's an absolute legend. He is alleged. I don't have a story like that. I just met him one time, really quick.
Speaker 2: It was on the set of Subway commercial and I was shooting and then he was right after me, and uh, I mean good thing.
Speaker 1: I didn't have a foot long you know, in my hand when I met him.
Speaker 2: That would have been a little awkward. But when I went up to him probably kind of. I just got off.
Speaker 1: How would you know that, Jules, I showered with you ten nine years Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true. Yeah, oh yeah, I forgot yeah yeah. Dang Dange has a monster piece. Dang shit represent back to my homes, all right. So I just you know, I was coming out of my trailer. I just finished my set. Then he was coming on on the set. He was coming out of his trailer, and then we just walked by each other. I just met him super quick. For about thirty seconds. We just said what's up. I don't have a cool story like the Jewels, but he just seems like the ultimate dude, like a great guy, great teammate person you know that will never you know, any like we'll ever get too big time for anyone like fame will never change. I never like just the way he acts, the way he carries himself, which is great, and I feel like that's why he's loved by America. The Chiefs might not be loved by America, but there's no one that says, hey, you know, I don't like Patrick Mahomes. I mean, if they don't like Patrick Mahomes, it's because he is facing their team, you know, that week and beating their ass. That is right. But overall, man, everyone loves Patrick Mahomes. They love his game, they love his personality, they love what he represents. And uh, he's just the man dude. Just the way he plays the game as well, he's not scared. He has no fear on the field. I mean, he doesn't care if he's gonna get hit by a linebacker, hit by d lineman. Just his game just brings a whole new perspective to the fans in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Definitely, And like you said, he his success hasn't changed him at all. You can tell how he handles himself in front of the media that he's such a team guy.
Speaker 2: M HM.
Speaker 1: Like you when you watch him, he never he nevers, He only points thumbs, you know what I mean. He never he never says anything. He always puts it on himself.
Speaker 3: And that's what a lead.
Speaker 1: That's someone that's someone who we played with that did That's what Tom did exactly, you know what I mean, that's why he you know, he's in that he's doing what tomb shit.
Speaker 2: I literally think Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady have the most similar careers out of like any other quarterbacks. I mean, they both sat behind another quarterback when they got into the league, which I think a lot of first rounders should be doing that. I mean, look how much you know mature Patrick Mahomes was, you know going in when he first started because he sat behind Alex Smith, he got to learn. And then when it was just jis, Yes, Jayden Daniels is the only one that I would say, yeah, he's he's NFL ready, Why you got it? Like there's there's an exception, but majority, I mean majority of the time, it's better for a player, you know, a first round quarterback to sit. You know, obviously Tom sat behind Drew Blatsoe. Patrick Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith, and then it was when it was their opportunity they were ready to go, and they took full advantage and then they became the starter from there on out.
Speaker 3: Didn't Josh Allen sit behind?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Wasn't Fitzpatrick there for a little bit early on? He was sitting. He didn't come out.
Speaker 2: As we're not talking about Josh Allen. Right, you're getting off but he like always all you getting off track, but you always get right back on track. That's why I love you. He's you just need someone there just whipping your ass at all time. Need it. I need it too, And it really is.
Speaker 1: He's really revolutionized the quarterback position. You could put him in that same category as like Steph Curry who's changed the position now Tom He's just a sit in the quarterback, sit in the pocket type, spot type quarterback.
Speaker 3: The best one to do, the best one to do that.
Speaker 1: This is the first time where you've seen like the real, real athletic quarterback, guy that changes launch angles, guy that makes plays with like second plays within the plays, really succeed and do what he's done, and it's made Like you see the kid at Nebraska what's his name, Dylan Rayola. I mean you have now young kids trying to look identical to what Patrick Mahomes is doing.
Speaker 3: And you see a lot of that.
Speaker 1: You saw a lot of that with Aaron Rodgers and his play, how people emulated how he plays.
Speaker 3: You know, you look at how Jordan.
Speaker 1: Love throws and all these younger quarterbacks, the Zach Willisons, their little jump passes where they try to get that ground force production.
Speaker 3: Mahomes is also doing that. Now people are looking at Mahomes.
Speaker 1: He's that next generation where everyone of these little kids is really emulating, which is very parallel to what Steph Curry did the NBA.
Speaker 2: And what also the factor is with Steph Curry now is too, is that he can hit a three pointer with a seventh quarter in front of his face with the best guard guarding him, while he can hit a three pointer off of one foot falling backwards on a fade away. That's kind of like Mahomes on the fields as an NFL quarterback. He's doing no look passes, he's falling backwards getting hit, He's still throwing it on target. What else, he's throwing it underhand to the guy. So him and Steph Curry are very similar in the way that they can just release that ball and still get it to exactly where they needed to go and swish every shot. Still, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: What a fucking what that was a fucking three point court.
Speaker 2: I'm eating up. I got a scouting report for freaking Patrick. I wrote the scouting report. He's crafty. He has great ability to extend plays, and that's actually what makes Patrick Mahomes possibly possibly better than the goat in the end. That's the only thing that I would say could possibly make him better than Tom Brady in the end, is that he can extend plays to a whole nother degree. But he's never going to be better than Tom. Even if he is. I'll never say that because I love Tom. Also, I'm just saying the way he can extend plays, that's what makes the Kansas City Chief so good. He's about to be sacked and he just rolls out, spins off a defender and then he throws a Travis Kelcey or Tyreek Hill when he had him or no name seventh rounder like you, Julianne, once again, making that seventh rounder famous like Tom did with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like Travis Kelcey famous, like Tom Brady made you know myself famous, you know, throwing the boss. To me, that's what that's what, that's that's why these quarterbacks are great because they're making us famous as well.
Speaker 3: Big his money.
Speaker 1: So what were you gonna say?
Speaker 2: What were you gonna say?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Good, I forgot what I was gonna say.
Speaker 1: It's also pretty cool that he has Like in our situation, we never really had an offensive minded head coach, and we never really got to see the tandem of head coach with offensive uh or with with quarterback. You know, Like, I think his relationship with Andy Reid is something really special as well. I think they can they can they can finish each other's sentences. Now Brady and Belichick could do that too, but I think when they finish each other's sentences, there's like a twinkle in their.
Speaker 3: Eye, you know, like it's kind of like it's like it's like I'm the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, but it's just it's I think, you know, for as much as the public he's getting sick of the Kansas City Chiefs, it's it's it's guys like Patrick Mahomes. They got some really cool dudes at the top of that organization. Even Trive Man, he's a really cool dude. Definitely like where you don't mind rooting for him. You know, I I they're great and I'm rooting for the greatness to see it, I mean not crazy.
Speaker 2: Back to the Scott and Report, I had a couple more you know, X factors on that scout and report.
Speaker 1: He has awesome vision. Obviously, he's creative.
Speaker 2: He's unflappable. You know what that is? Juice? What is that?
Speaker 1: You know? Like he just can't be tackle, he can't be stopped.
Speaker 3: Slippery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's slippery. There it is. He's slippery. Slip, shut up, Bunjo. Kind of like Camara, but as a quarterback. Kamara slippery when he goes there. Then he goes through that hole like no one can get him, and he just falls off of every tackle. Twinkle to. He makes off schedule plays as well, which that's why the Kansas City Chiefs are so great and they have a chance in every game because of those off schedule plays. When you're supposed to be sacked, it turns into a thirty yard bomb. He's even keel. He's never too high and he's never too low. No, Which that's how you need to be in the NFL. Because the NFL has so many highs and so many lows, and if you can stay in the middle, that's a talent right there itself.
Speaker 3: Even when he's doing the whole.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The one thing that it fucking cracks me up what he does is when there's a penalty or something and he'll he'll he'll stick his little head in the referee fucking the huddle. It'd be like, oh, he does that little fucking headwave boats on them. It's on them, it's on them. I get so mad when he does that. I don't know why, I know, and it's not on that.
Speaker 2: But he's kind of.
Speaker 3: Cool us. He come cool thing that you were saying, go ahead.
Speaker 2: And most importantly, he's durable, durable, and if he's hurt, he still goes out there and he performs. He was in the playoffs he had like the high ankle spring and he played, just came right back out and just kept throwing bombs still.
Speaker 3: So the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That's what makes the quarterback a quarterback is when you're injured, you know, an elite quarterback in the elite quarterback is when you're beat up still you're still going out there. And that's why this guy reminds me of Tom A lot, Yeah, a lot, because Tom Hey, he would go out there no matter what the situation was, where however he was banged up, he would still perform and go out there and play too.
Speaker 1: So many injuries no one knows about that Tom played through because that's how good he was. And that's what Patrick Mahomes does. He adjust his game when he's hurt. Remember, like with that the high ankle spring what was that that? That was their last two Super Bowls ago. It was the first one where he had the high angle Spring Bowls Ago And I was sitting there like this could be really bad. And he had that really big run. He had a really big third down run that was like that sealed the game. I think I'm coming off off memory and I was sitting there like, man, that's what competitors do.
Speaker 3: They don't talk, you know.
Speaker 1: He didn't make it loud about his ankle, but when it was freaking nut cutting time, the dude went out and he was an assassin.
Speaker 3: Made the play.
Speaker 1: He always makes the play when his team needs him to make the play, and that's why he's considered the best quarterback in the league right now.
Speaker 2: But I mean, he's clutching big moments. There's no doubt about that. I mean, I don't think if the Kansas City Chiefs didn't have my homes, they want to have, you know one in these situations that they've been winning in. I mean, the guy comes through every single time they need a big play and when the game is close, he manages to score or put them you know, the offense and field goal position so them Bucker can just go out there and just kick a seventy yarder right through the middle and just when the game every time. And it's crazy, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of their team is like very similar to ours.
Speaker 2: Very similar in all in all ways. If you really think about.
Speaker 1: Great kicker, yes, best quarterback in the league, and then a lot of great tight best tight end in the league, yes, And you know Travis kind of having he's getting a lot of the eyes right now. His production is down, but then they always have some other guy, you know what I mean. The defense, defense is strong.
Speaker 2: Miss Jones on the defensive size kind of like Devin mccordy and Dante hy tower like they're very very similar. And then obviously coach Belichick, Coach Andy Reid very similar coaches, and you want to know where they're very similar as well. From what I've heard, practice is they practice hard, practice hard, they practice hard. And in New England, we practiced hard.
Speaker 3: It made games easier if you were recovered for the game.
Speaker 2: If you're made the game suck if you weren't recovered for the game.
Speaker 1: There was one time where he didn't come in clutch.
Speaker 2: Uh when was that, Jules? Was that when.
Speaker 1: There was a Super Bowl in Tampa Bay that you were playing in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, it was just an overall domination of the whole team. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were missing those linemen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were missing the linemen, and we just dominated, you know, the whole entire game. We dominated that of offensive side of the ball. We had a great game plan going in everyone we had a script of like eighty plays and literally we ran like all eighty of those plays to the zach t that we wanted to. It went literally from practice and translated right into the game.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And we were just checking mark, checking off, like every play that we ran that we go to the next and every play was working and on top of our defense was ready. We even got blown out versus in the regular season. I think that was our last regular season lost too, and before we went on that you know, eight game winning streak. But uh yeah, the defense we we just scouted, I'm like, like it was nothing, dude. We were on Mahomes big time, but it really wasn't Mahomes's fault. It was just a domination just overall, as our team dominated their whole team in every aspect of the game, so Mahomes really didn't have a chance to, you know, perform like Mahomes. Yeah, yeah, that's that. That was a That was a great game, that really was. And then on top of it, man, what about the freaking AFC Championship game. That's another time you no, when we faced Mahomes and AFC Championship game. Man, I mean, I'm the best AFC Championship game of all time, I believe, and it was our time to shine as well, and it was always you know a doubt. Hey, can the newlymand Patriots go on the road and win a Super Bowl? We've never done that before. And that solidified us to be the dynasty, the dynasty of all dynasties because we went into Arrowhead twenty eighteen, the Chiefs were the number one season electric and let me tell you Mahomes didn't disappoint in this game. The reason why Mahomes loss is because he didn't have a chance in the playoffs, in the not the playoffs and overtime to touch the ball, because we got the ball first and we went right down the field and scored. I watched that game just now in Dallas with my nephew. He put the game on the last five minutes of the game. Let me tell you, my blood was my heart was racing, my blood pressure was up, because it was one of the best games I've ever seen. I haven't ever rewatched it either. In Jewels Man, you came through in the Clutch boys soon did well. Yeah I did too. But no, let me tell you, third and ten, the game's over. We're down by four, Oh Rob, you know, just Chip Black in the d N giving Tom extra time, Tony Romo in the booth. Now expect Julian Edelman to go up, you know, like he's going running it under. Then to go up like he's going deep, and then the run across or Tom Brady will hit him. It's third and ten. That's gonna be the play boom. What happened? You go right across the middle on an over route. Boom first time, Third and ten again, Tony Romo. Expect Julian across the middle. Tom Brady's gonna hit him. Expect Gronka chip give Tom more time. Boom hit Julian up the freaking middle once again for another first down, and then Tony Romeo again. Well, this time Gronk is spread out wide. Let's see what he can do. It's third and ten. Guess what he just has to go to gronckets one on one coverage. He's not gonna look anywhere else. What happens we fade route first and ten. Baby, let's go Baley. You came through Clutch so much. You had a heck of a playoff run that year as well.
Speaker 1: That was a fun year and that was kind of the passionate of the tours for Tom to to Mahomes. You know, he's kind of like hell for at least that matchup. Tom played him again in newt in Tampa, but like that was like a different one because that was like that was the road to the AFC Championship was always through us and it went to them. Tom had to say right before he left the conference, say, buddy, there's a hell of a run.
Speaker 2: You'll always hold my beer. You'll always remember me. You always remember you didn't win when I was here.
Speaker 1: And as soon as left that he's been winning them all us ever seen, so Patrick Mahomes And what kind of time we went way over it's Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: You going, gosh, we're at twenty minutes, Yeah, my gosh, it for like ten minutes. The guys guy has won as a starter from the very beginning. He's a fucking guy's no losing seasons. He's he's on pace to be. We're only supposed to talk about him for ten minutes, but it's been like twenty minutes. But we could talk about Mahomes for the next two hours. Rail really wanted to. There's so many crucial spirit with him again, so many situations he's been in where he has come back and just made magic happen. He should be right here one day and we should have a beer with him. That's the kind of guy. Yeah, but we got to get to this. What kind of dude you know? Is Patrick Mahomes. I kind of feel like we kind of went over it and already hit it. But is he a stud? Is he a freak? Is he a dog? Is he a whiz? Is he a dude's dude? I mean I feel like he represents and uh, he hit all these categories, but what is he? What? What one does he most? Exactly?
Speaker 1: I think two right now that are coming to three are coming to me right now freak dog in dudes, dude, freak dog and dudes do I mean the.
Speaker 2: Guy is a wizard.
Speaker 1: Though he's a wizard and he's a wizard.
Speaker 2: Basically recreated the offense because of him. He basically recreated how you I'm gonna go with the quarterback. But what I'm really thinking, I'm definitely gonna go with one of the three that what do you do? Hit? Maybe Patrick Mahomes deserves two of them because he's just that good, But we can't do that, can't break it was so great. He's a he is a freak, and he's a freak with.
Speaker 1: A dad bob.
Speaker 2: But that's the advantage is that a quarterback. Here's my big take on quarterbacks is if you're jack, you're gonna only have like three years in the NFL. If you're coming out in your kids coming out of college. I'm not even gonna bring up any names, but I can name so many that these quarterbacks are jacked. They can bench so much that your arm's gonna fall off because you're too tight after after three years. That's why this guy is so great because he has a dad body, and when you have a dadbod, you're looser than fricking he's a fucking dog. I'll loose cannon. Yeah he is a dog. He is a dog.
Speaker 3: But he's a freak dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah he is. So can he be a freak freaking you know what?
Speaker 3: Or is he just a whiz he just clut.
Speaker 2: Nah, he's more than a whizz though. He wiz is like someone that's really smart that keeps them in the league longer because they're not a freak. So you can't give him like a whizz. You can't give him a whizz. Nah, But I think he's a dog.
Speaker 1: He is a dog because freaking mental, physical, toughness, always motivated, relentless. There's so many freaking there's so many third downs that we don't even talk about that he converted when it was his team needed it, that like made a drive more, or that took an offense off the field or kept an offense off. There's so many of those situations that he's a fucking dog. He's an assassinate. You will murder your team.
Speaker 2: All right, Jules, Like I said, we can talk about him for the next three hours. We gotta put him in the category of a freak or a dog. What is he? All right? You got three seconds to decide. Freak, he's a freak. He is a freak because there's only one Patrick. He's a freak.
Speaker 3: Know that, the little kid out of Nebraska.
Speaker 1: He got the shades, the haircut, the same damn walk and clapping stuff.
Speaker 3: There's only one of those.
Speaker 2: He's inspiring. He is man. He's a freak, freak of nature.
Speaker 1: All right, tamp it, damn all right for the next start the time?
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. Here's a synopsis. I can give you a clue. He wears number twelve.
Speaker 3: Oh good clue.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right. At six foot one, one hundred and eighty five pounds, he's one of college football's most electrifying talents. Oh college, our first.
Speaker 1: College football player, college player. Now we talking.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for this day. I was waiting for this day. I was too You know, this is a Christmas present, early Christmas present. Here we got for all them Earlians out there.
Speaker 3: Eight crazy to.
Speaker 2: Tell you that, initially a top five recruit committed to a Power five school, he made ways by committing to an HBCU program. Now playing in the Big twelve, he's making highlights on both sides of the ball week in and week out. A Florida native, he has a He was a two sport athlete, excellent in both football and basketball in high school. Off the field, he's a gamer and content creator with a massive social media Following Jules who is a first college player wearing number twelve, Let's get.
Speaker 3: On Travis Hunter. Oh Man, all right, all right, I'm excited about it.
Speaker 2: I'm excited too, Man, not just because we have our first college football player, but we have the biggest college football player in all of college, possibly a Heisman Trophy winner. He's a two way player, one of the best wide receivers in the game, but also one of the best defensive backs in the game. When was the last time we've even seen a player play both ways? Not just in the NFL ranks, but we're talking just even in the college ranks.
Speaker 1: Jewel Well, I don't think anyone's played like this. I don't I don't think any I think he's I think he's he's averaging one hundred and fourteen plays per game. That's that's fucking gnarly. I remember when we played in uh the game you didn't play in that sixteen Super Bowl, when we had three receivers, we had one hundred and like two plays and we were fucking exhausted, gas exhausted. And this guy plays one hundred and fourteen plays one hundred and fourteen plays average a game, which is that's that's that's crazy to me. But also he's like he's like that first general, He's like, we're starting to get a lot of these new guys. These are the first generation guys of going from like one school to another school. I mean, I believe he committed to Florida State and then Dion didn't get the job, and then he went to Jackson State, and then when from Jackson State went to the Big twelve to Colorado with coach Prime, Like, this is this new generation of like a free agent type player.
Speaker 3: And I don't blame him.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you go with one of the most electrifying athletes that did it where you want to go in the at National Football League with Deon Sanders, who's going to help you develop to what you ultimately want to do and become a pro. I mean, it's been so impressive to watch this kid play.
Speaker 2: Well sad, and you can't blame the kid at all going where Deon Sanders goes, because it's all about relationships in life. If you have a good relationship, why would you want to break that relationship? You know, relationships go far if it's a lot distance relationship or if it's a relationship, you can go somewhere with someone. So you got to give him much respect that he's loyal. Dion and Travis Hunter I loyal to each other and each other's family. And you got to appreciate that because you don't see loyalty, you know, like that anymore in the in the United States, always all this social media. Everyone's usually out there for themselves. But to see that loyalty is something special, and that's why it's working, and that's why he's you know, Dion's creating a powerhouse just within Travis Hunter and then also a powerhouse of a program at Colorado because they're loyal to each other there and I like that, man, I like it a lot.
Speaker 3: Now, what do you think he's better at receiver or dB.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, that's a tough question. And and what's he gonna do. There's another question as well, what's he gonna do when he gets to the NFL. He's gonna play both. He's gonna pick a wide receiver, he's gonna pick a corner. I mean, we can all throw our perspectives in, but I mean it's always obviously up to what he wants to do and what's best for the team or whatever way he wants to go, whatever which way in direction. But in college, I would say his first couple of years, he was a better quarterback, better better cornerback. He was making play his interceptions, you know, he kind of you know, was doing well at the wide receiver position, running by guys. But lately, now since Colorado has taken off their top twenty, now they're winning games. And I would say that has to do with Travis Hunter stepping it up at the wide receiver position. And from what I'm seeing, he is a better wide receiver now than he is a cornerback. You know, this year, his third year in the college ranks, I thought he was a better cornerback his first two years than being a wide receiver. But what he's doing now is special. At that wide ride receiver position, he's starting to understand it more. I feel like, you know, he's running routes now. He's not just more athletic than the other guy. He's going up there. He's pinpointing the ball, jumping over to guys strong hands. That's exactly what you need at the next level as well. And it's just fun to see him go. Man, And you want to know what makes him so fast? I know what makes him so fast is he got skinny calves. Man.
Speaker 1: As Dion Sanders always said, you never seen a racehorse with calves. You never seen a racehorse with calves. I remember Dion said that one somewhere. I could be fully wrong, but I feel like that I had big calves, so I wasn't gonna fast fast change the direction.
Speaker 2: Calves I got. I got way too big of legs.
Speaker 1: No, the thighs, the thigh. It's not the thigh. You look at his thighs. He's got big thighs. But when you have those little bird calves that come up to here, you know what I'm talking about. That little it's like a little bird calve like you think those are.
Speaker 3: That's a speed guy.
Speaker 2: You think if I get liposuction in my calves, I can make it back to the NFL.
Speaker 3: No, but if you get a calf in planet, he look really cool.
Speaker 2: That was a good answer. I like that way better.
Speaker 3: Is he gonna win the Heisman?
Speaker 2: I mean you got to play out the whole year to see if he should win the Heisman or not. And I truly don't even know anyone else that's in Heisman contention. Yeah, uh, that's half of it, right, media, Yeah, half of it is media. I think he should because it's on what he's doing on both sides of the ball. And what's so great about him as a defensive back too. He's always around the ball. I mean he's making interceptions off tip balls. He's making interceptions because he's gonna go make the play and go and deserve that interception. But when you fall into an interception, that's just because you're always around the ball and you have that knack of just always wanting to be around the football. That's just a smart player right there.
Speaker 1: Man, he's a really he's an exceptional zone corner. I haven't seen a lot of man, and I haven't watched a whole whole lot. I mean I watched a lot of his highlights for this, and I've seen all his highlights.
Speaker 3: But like his instinct.
Speaker 1: To jump off of his zone to track another zone and reading the quarterback is really good. Like he's always like a trapped zone defender, Like he'll keep his eyes in the backfield trap meaning he's got the flat, there's a guy inside of him and there's a two deep safety, Like, he'll keep his eyes on that backfield and he's breaking on the ball before the receiver is because he knows, you know, probably the receiver's responsibility, which I remember when I played defense, it made me a better receiver, you know, when they brought me into those meetings.
Speaker 2: That's what I did want to ask you as well, what was it like playing defense and offense? Actually you did it in the NFL ranks as well. That was what year twenty eleven, so you can explain more of what Travis Hunter is doing than anyone else.
Speaker 1: Well, it's as a player, it made me a better It made me a better receiver because once I stepped into all the defensive back meetings, I was learning what they were protecting. I was learning their techniques. I was learning on certain things what they would try to do with safeties that that's really what mattered. The corners could lie, but if the safeties were out of position, that's when you would pay the leverage that the defensive back always had to keep because he was protected with certain help on certain sides. Like that taught me as a receiver, like in my in my route running that if I do this to this guy, I know he's protecting this, which I see it in his game when he's playing defense, when he's jumping all over these these these the receivers leaving his zone. So it's really hard mentally, Like that's what I'm interested to see how he does in the NFL, because once you get to the league, you know, there's no you know, Rice Academy, Agricultural school, where you could just go and glove up their their best receiver, who's you know, he's good in college while having to study, you know, the game plan for offense, which you know in the in AFC Championship, I played like twenty five plays on offense. I played twenty five plays on defense, and I played all the special teams. Something along those lines could be off a couple of plays here or there, but it was so hard for me in the prep week to get all my mind ready for what my offensive needs were, and then also so for what my defense and needs and my responsibilities were. It was a lot mentally, and then you know in practice you're going the whole time in NFL seventeen game seasons. So you know, it's been really impressive to watch him doing in college. I don't know what he's gonna do in a pro I'm probably pretty sure if I was him, i'd go defense, because those corners get paid a lot of money, and then they probably give you a package on offense. Here they're red red area package or a zone, a third down package, or you know, a gimmick package where we need to get like some spark. You get him in like a slip screen or he can catch them all down the sideline.
Speaker 2: That's well said, though, I believe that he could possibly play both ways in the NFL, but not full time both ways. Like you said, have a package for him on offense in the red zone or a third down or whatever it is, or whatever best suits his skill set at the wide receiver position, and then use him full time on the defensive side of the ball. But I would say it's up to Travis Hunter obviously what he wants to do in the NFL. I mean, coming out of high school, I was an all state defense event. I only had eight catches as a tight end, you know, coming out, coming out, you know, going into the college ranks. But the whole time I knew I wanted to play the tight end position. But if you were a fan out there, you'd be like, wait, wait a second, you were all state d N why are you going you know, to college and tight end? Because I knew that best suited me. I knew that I had the best chance of making it to the NFL because I felt like I was a tight end and I felt like I could grow at that position and be the best out there. So it's all up to him. It's all up to his mindset what he thinks best suits him, and only Travis Hunter can determine what side of the ball he wants to play. But he's so good in my eyes though, it'd be really really tough to play a full NFL game on both sides, but he's so good. He's good at both positions where he could be in packages on both sides.
Speaker 3: Could be an impactful player on both sides.
Speaker 2: Of the ball.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm a special team or two return kicks. He's also making three million dollars a year right now in college, so he ain't no rush man.
Speaker 2: What would you do with that money? If you had that in college?
Speaker 1: Billion bucks, bro, I would probably have at that time of my life. I'd have the sickest like surround sound, big screen TV. I'd have the dopest like Xbox stuff. I'd have a gamer chair, because when you're in college, that's what you did, you play video game. I'd have a sick poker We used to play a lot of poker in college. I'd buy like a sick custom poker table for like a poker night.
Speaker 2: Uh all right, I was talking.
Speaker 1: Obviously you're gonna you're I mean, you roll up to Georgia's fucking student parking lot, you see nothing but Lamborghinis. So I think I'd have to join the club, get a Lambeau or something. I mean, you're a college kid, you got no fucking fears of anything.
Speaker 2: I call those Lambeau ship boxes. Well you want to know why, because I can't fit in. My knees are going, what would you win shield? I would have a freaking one fifty Raptor or something I know you would do. Lambeau.
Speaker 1: I would have the Lambeau of the you know, four trucks. I don't really like them either, but I just can't probably get And then when I say that it's three million bucks, you probably couldn't get a lambo. Actually, uh, what would you do just if you were if college? This is what I think college, rubb, let's hear it. Would you just buy an Olympic sized pool? Make it a hot tub?
Speaker 2: There we go, Now there you go. You're hitting me right on the money tools. Also, no, I was a big Halo player. Man. I love video games and Halo was our game in the house that we lived in, and we played four way players on that uh what was it Xbox three sixty and we we had the four worst gaming chairs of all time. They're falling apart, like two wheels on the chair. But it was squeaking ruined, the ruining the floor every single time we were playing. But we didn't care as long as we got our Halo in. And Halo like gave you that excitement, gave you that juice as well. Before going out, So it was always the pregame game to play as well before hitting you know, hitting the town on a Friday night.
Speaker 1: Well, I would have had the I would have had.
Speaker 2: The best possible video game setup that you could possibly have if I was making that type of money in college.
Speaker 1: Man, big time and.
Speaker 2: Time, let's do it. It's well, it's time. Dude.
Speaker 3: Is Travis Hunter?
Speaker 2: Uh Man.
Speaker 3: He seems like a great team guy.
Speaker 2: He is a great team guy.
Speaker 1: Seems he doesn't seem selfish. He seems like he gets along with everyone. He has a great attitude. So he could be a dude's dude.
Speaker 2: He could definitely be a dudes dude, you know, especially to the video gamers out there. I mean, always streaming with everyone, always letting everyone have the insight of what's going on in his life, which is really cool. Man. And what's different about this era compared to our era is if you were a streamer or if you were big on social media at our time, like it would be frowned upon, like like coaches would use that against you if you mess up on the field. But that's what this new generation, these new millennials are all about. Hey, let's vlog, let's blog, let's play video games. Let's what is a twitch and let everyone see our video game streaming going on. And that's totally normal, and that's how it should be because if you take care of business on the field, you can do whatever you want outside of football on your own time. But our era, it was always frowned upon because there was no such thing as social media, like it was just starting to become big, so they would use every excuse if you mess up on the distraction. Oh he's on Twitter, he's doing that video game. But it's cool that guys like him are just so good at what he does on the field, and it makes it totally normal that he's still a streamer and he's and he's kicking asset that too, So that's really cool. You know.
Speaker 1: So at Colorado they have the L or the D. They don't give a C, they don't give the captain logo. They give a leader or a dog, and he got the dog symbols, so he could be.
Speaker 2: A dog because as Dion says, every dog and a leader, and every leader ain't a dog. I like it.
Speaker 1: That's that's real too, that's real. I honestly don't see I see him as a dog. Like we always say, guys are multiple things, but the one thing that sticks out to me.
Speaker 3: I want to see if it sticks out to you on three, one two three, streak.
Speaker 2: Stamp it.
Speaker 1: Why is a stud?
Speaker 2: I would say he's a stud because he's playing one hundred and forty four plays a game.
Speaker 1: Well, that's freaky, yeah, actually, all right, all right, that's freaking right right. He's a stud on the field because he he's on the he's just stud on the field because he's a freak. Yeah, let's change a jewels, let's change one two three freak. Yeah, he's I mean it's pretty it's pretty insane. It's pretty insane to have one hundred and fourteen plays a game. I hope he continues to have the success and by the time we drop this maybe they'll be in the play.
Speaker 2: He's one hundred percent of freak. When you play one hundred and fourteen plays a game, you're just absolutely freak of freak of nature. And he's making plays on both sides of the ball. I mean, yeah, that's stuteley, but that's more of like wha. That that's like whoa, that's some freakish material right there. No anzifs or butts about it.
Speaker 3: He's got some weird crazy like numbers.
Speaker 1: Records were like he's got over a five hundred yard he's got like four interceptions this that he's done it like three times and one person's ever done it. It was like Champ Bailey like twenty five years ago. So like, this guy's in a he's in a category of his own. And to be that well conditioned, that's that's what it is. You're a freak.
Speaker 2: You're a freak. You're an absolute freak if you're that welly conditioned, well conditioned, well he conditioned, the most welly conditioned player in all football. Comes in my mind saying that comes to your mind right now? What's what comes to your mind?
Speaker 1: Josh Allen rob Gonkowski version of quarterback. Oh, I like that one brother, Like he's you always used to we always used to call you beast mode. And he gets into this beast mode where he takes over games with his size, his speed, his arm. You know, we all thought this year was a rebuild year for the Buffalo Bills. They are representing the A See East in the championship game.
Speaker 2: A lot before you keep going, there's no such thing It's like Tom Brady being in New England. There's no such thing as a rebuild year when you have Tom Brady at the quarterback position. And now that's the same thing with Josh Allen. There is no such thing as a rebuild year because Josh Allen is at the quarterback helm and when he's at the quarterback home, he's always going to find a way to win the games. And also they got head coach Sean McDermott as well, and he's there as well. There's no such thing as a rebuilding year in Buffalo anymore. They're always going to be contenders with those two.
Speaker 3: This could be one of his most impressive years.
Speaker 2: It is because it's actually a year where they didn't you know, they were saying, oh, there's not enough talent around him. He doesn't really have a wide receiver. He makes talent, Yeah, talent, and they got they traded their tire receiver digs over to Houston. And just look how much Josh Allen is thriving this year. It's just truly showing how much knowledge he has of the game and how much intellectual he brings to the game as well, and to that offense, and just how skilled. He really is. This is the year that he has taken it to a whole nother. He takes it to a level new level every year, and he took it to even another level this year. Jewels. He's impressive.
Speaker 1: Have you ever met him?
Speaker 2: I met him real quick at tight On You in Nashville Tighten University. Yeah, he went. He was the quarterback. And let me tell you, it was amazing because you know, I always kind of dreamed about playing for the Buffalo Bills because I'm a kid. It's like you're dreaming for the Scatrisco forty nine ers. You you thought it, you probably still think, like, how cool would that be if you I almost went exactly, I almost went to Buffalo as well, but it just never really worked out. And we were talking, we've been a hassle. We were talking at tight End You and he was throwing me some passes up the scene, man, and he was just laying that ball right and he got a singer, and then he was trying to recruit me. He's like, come on, come on, retirement, come to Buffalo. You know, look, we would do big things. And I'm like, we would do big things and and all that. But it just just never happened.
Speaker 1: Man, I just was not you know, all these quarterbacks trying to steal you.
Speaker 2: Yeah they are, they are.
Speaker 1: Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Hey, Jesus.
Speaker 2: In the end, it just you know, I was just done with football. It just wasn't there anymore. But I would have loved to play, you know, with Josh Allen Buffalo at least one year. It look good. That's why. That's what was intriguing me when I was even talking to the Buffalo beit. Yeah, Joels, So a couple of big time quarterbacks have recruited me. Yeah, have any recruited you before? Not?
Speaker 1: Really, I don't think Sy not. Probably an asshole now, Actually I don't know.
Speaker 2: You probably told him they sucked when you saw him. You suck. I know how you get sometimes, Juels. You're just so intense and you're so competitive and I love it so much.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well Brady did try to recruit me to Tampa.
Speaker 2: That doesn't count. But he's been your quarterback your whole career.
Speaker 1: No, I came in, yeah, but you know what I mean, came in.
Speaker 2: There's definitely been quarterbacks that try to recruit you the other places.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's different. You were like a You're a phenomenon.
Speaker 1: You're like John Travolta in that movie where he gets struck by lightning and all of a sudden, you can speak fucking Portuguese and Spanish.
Speaker 3: That's you.
Speaker 2: I'm like, just about the ya ya ya ya ya dah yo wag well football in America?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I see you're like that a way, let's get it. How about you day ball help Josh Allen as a quarterback? You think?
Speaker 2: Actually, when I was reading a synopsis, I was already thinking that in my head. That is truly when Josh Allen started breaking out as a quarterback that he is now. Dabele brings the best out of players. You know, Dabel as a head coach, they're struggling over there in New York, you know. But put all that aside, because being a head coach is totally different than being a position coach and being an offensive coording, because you're truly working with that guy every single day, just like Dabele worked with me every single day, and he brings the best out of you. He knows how to motivate you. And I feel like Josh Allen was struggling his first couple of years in Buffalo and he just needed that guy to be around him to build up his confidence and to show him, you know, the ins and outs of the quarterback position. And I truly believe that Dabel was the guy that got Josh Allen over to Hump to be the quarterback that he is now. And now Josh Allen, since he was coach on him, gave him all that confidence. Dabell doesn't need to be there anymore because now he has it and it's established into him and it's and it's in him now so he can be that be that guy that Buffalo needs. He's the Buffalo savior. They call him the Winter General, I think over there because it's it's it's cold. It's the winter Soldier, the General Soldier, winter Soldier, Winner General, all those names they love.
Speaker 1: Josh don't seventeen, do they Nah, They don't call him Jay.
Speaker 2: He can't do that. Winter Soldiers pretty cool though.
Speaker 3: But he a bill for life.
Speaker 2: I think I think he's a bill for He's a bill for life if anything. If he's not, he'll go to another team at the end of his career. That's the only way that he would leave Buffalo, like you're talking like ten years from now, like one or two years left. They drafted the quarterback first round. They're grooming him for a little bit, and then Josh Allen Lee's just to go try somewhere else out like maybe California or something. That's the only way these type of quarterbacks leave their franchise. It's just at the end of their career. But Dave all did an excellent job with him. I feel like that's when he started thriving. Josh Allen always had that mentality to be great. He just needed to pulled out of him. And I believe I mean, I wasn't there, but I believe Dabel did because he was my coach and he helped pull it out of me for years. So that's why I feel like I may be wrong, but I feel like I'm right in this situation, and Dabel helped him out tremendously.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He reminds me, and his story reminds me a lot of Ben Roethlisberger. Ben went to Miami, Ohio and came into the league, not a big name guy, but lit it up. And he's just a faster like Big Ben. When he was young, was like manhandling guys. He was a large human being. And that's what I feel to a whole other level because Josh can jump over you and he's got a lot more speed. But Big Ben was like that and won two Super Bowls. So hopefully Josh Allen can, you know, get over this hump and do something. You know, hopefully he can, he can catch those demons in the back of his head about Patrick Mahomes, because Patrick owns them.
Speaker 2: Patrick owns them in the in the postseason. But I mean it doesn't I wouldn't really say owned because Josh Allen showed out for all those games as well. I mean they both threw for over three hundred yards in the thirteen second division run. Yeah, but that the thirteen second game wasn't on Josh Allen. Josh Allen went down and scored and gave him on he three in the seconds left. That was on the Bills defense. That was on the staft there or or whoever it was. It was, It wasn't on Josh Allen. He went were they winning at that time or were they just a tie game? I think they were winning and then and then it went in the overtime or something that kicked the field goal. But whatever, the thirteen seconds, I can't really recall everything that happened. Josh Allen absolutely balled out over three hundred yards three TVs, zero interceptions. So Patrick Mahomes really doesn't own Josh Allen. It's more like Patrick mahomesh Bills and the whole entire league still a quarterback.
Speaker 1: To the face of the team. You win, it's your it's your praise. You lose, it's your praise. What kind of dude is Josh Allen? What kind of dude is Josh Allen? I mean, this dude he kind of freaky. I mean the way he heard a linebacker when he.
Speaker 2: Stud Yeah, yeah, you're not a stud if you're in JUCO. That's a good point. You know, you can kind of become a stud, but you're not fully you've been. If you're a study, you've kind of been a stud your whole entire life, your whole Yeah, he's freaky a little bit.
Speaker 3: He's definitely a dude's dude.
Speaker 2: He Oh, he really is. When we were at Titan Universe, he was cool with everyone. Man, everyone that I talked to him, Buffalo. I can tell you every single person loves Josh Allen. Everyone that has ever interacted with him, anyone that's ever done a deal with home. He is beloved in Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Al right on three?
Speaker 2: What do you think he is? One?
Speaker 3: Two three freak?
Speaker 2: All right? Next, who we got Jules. We've already talked about him a little bit. One of the greatest running backs of all time. Plaid for the other team that played on Thanksgiving. Not America's team, A team to America's team. Now it could be could could be America's team now, yes, up near Canada, could be Canada's team. It could be America's Upper States team. Yeah, Midwest, those type of states.
Speaker 3: So let's get on Barry soon.
Speaker 2: Let's go, let's go, let's see. Let's see what AI has to say about him. Barry Sanders, at five foot eight and weighing two hundred pounds, played as a running back for the Detroit Lions. Haling from Wishita, Kansas, Sanders burst onto the scene at Oklahoma State University, where he set multiple records and won the Heisman Trophy in nineteen eighty eight. Drafted third overall nineteen eighty nine, he became known for his electrifying agility, elusive footwork, and explosive speed, making him one of the most thrilling players in the league's history. He surprised many by retiring at the age of thirty one in nineteen ninety nine. Is it that big of a surprise. I mean, I retired when I was twenty nine years like he was in his thirties. But he must have been that good still it surprised everybody.
Speaker 1: I meant to put in perspective. He won Offensive Player of the Year in ninety seven, retired two years later.
Speaker 2: Over his career, he amassed fifteen two hundred and sixty nine rushing yards and ninety nine touchdowns, earning ten Pro Bowl selections, the nineteen ninety seven MVP Award, and a place in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Jesus, what is the first thing that you think of when you hear the name Barry Sanders?
Speaker 1: Jewels my childhood if you made a crazy like cutback play, or you made someone juked out, you juked someone out of their jock or something, and it was just like you were doing a Barry play. Like that's Barry Sanders made Detroit relevant and like only went to the playoffs like twice or three times in his career. Instantly think of the plays where like he has four guys draping on him and then he jukes like two guys and then a guy thinks he's down and thinks he play's over and he's still running on the other side. Barry Sanders was so electric. I think Barry's would not like he would be even crazier in this generation. That's how good he was. What do you think of when do you think about Barry Sanders?
Speaker 2: I think about for Ford vehicles, I really do, man and he was all the vehicles combined and won.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's actually not bad. Yeah he was.
Speaker 2: He wasn't the size of an expedition, but he played like he was an expedition. He was like an explorer that had like a V eight engine from one of the cars that they you know, from the Ford Mustang. Yeah, and he had like monster truck tires, like the big wheels, like from a Ford raptor F one fifty. So this guy basically could do it all out of the backfield. I mean he could, you know, catch a ball. Obviously, he could run. He was so elosive. He made guys fall face first. You know, it's so imagine that being a defender you're a professional defender as a linebacker, as safety, and you go to tackle somebody and you totally miss and fall directly on your face. That's what Barry Sanders did to these folks.
Speaker 1: You know, I just want to I want you to describe Barry Sanders as like a Ford model, make color interior, exterior, engine, Like Barry Sanders. What color car is he?
Speaker 2: Barry Sanders would be the grayish.
Speaker 1: Color white gray. Take a bullet like a silver bullet.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I like that, Yeah, silver bullet. But like love by everyone. You know, Gray's loved by everyone, it really is. You can't hate on gray.
Speaker 1: What about what's the interior?
Speaker 2: The interior? They have to be something flashy? Why flashy because he was flashy on the field.
Speaker 1: So like a red berry.
Speaker 2: No, it would be it wouldn't be red, it'd be it would be blue, a blue ray lions color, blue, leather, gray and blue. Do we got a sun roof? No sunroof. It's a coop because we're dirty, We get down the business. We don't need a sunroof.
Speaker 1: V V eight is it like a Shelby?
Speaker 2: And then we got Ford Raptor tires, but we also have they're also on like twenty two inch rims, so we can be you know, run over a folk folk when we need to, and we can just.
Speaker 1: But still get out of this when we needed to. Any racetripes, just.
Speaker 2: Just one, just one solid one that goes to the colors. That racetripe that's black.
Speaker 1: What's the license plate number twenty twenty?
Speaker 2: Because he has twenty twenty vision as well.
Speaker 1: Out in the football his joker did have great fucking vision. He probably had most lead vision in the history of the game. I want to see this car. We're gonna have to make this car up buying prints lying.
Speaker 2: Prince Oklahoma, Oklahoma state mascot.
Speaker 3: What is that the guns?
Speaker 2: Yeah, cowboys, cowboy guns. Kyle's badass and I'm not even a car guy, and I just I just built my my first car ever. He's spected three hundred, twenty thousand dollars right there?
Speaker 1: Could that car win the Daytona five hundred percent?
Speaker 2: Winning the Daytona five hundred.
Speaker 1: A year in a year out every time, every single time he didn't win a Super Bowl? What if he's just the fastest car on the on the block, but someone.
Speaker 2: Always then they go, you got me here?
Speaker 3: Then they car and they win the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: He never won a super Bowl. So oh man, you're right, he's not winning the Daytona five hundred. He's getting back in third place every single time.
Speaker 1: Or he's probably crashing like he's winning the race by like three laps.
Speaker 2: He had a bad he had. It wasn't him that lost the race. He had a bad you know when you go in for the pit stop. He had a bad crew around him. Every time.
Speaker 1: It took like how long does it take in a pit stop usually in Nascar, I mean we're talking standard probably thirty eight seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well it took his team like a minute twenty every single time.
Speaker 1: Minute.
Speaker 2: Just had a bad you know, bag pit crew, bad pit crew, bad team around him.
Speaker 1: His measurables. This guy ran four to three or forty four inch vert so you know, Barry Sanders is dunking at five eight and twenty seven remps at the bench. The one of the funniest quotes that I always think of when I think of Barry Sanders. I watched the documentary with his dad. They asked him, mister Sanders, who do you think the best running backs of all the time? He goes, yeah, Jim Brown, myself, and then my son. He would never give his son the snip for two spot behind Jim Brown. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: I love his dad was so tough on him.
Speaker 2: I love it. So I knew about that. Actually, you told me that before we were going to talk about Barry Sanders. So what did I do? I went and called your dad, say, Frank Addleman, Frank Nutts the nuthouse, Papa Frank himself. He ranked his you know, top three slot receivers number one. This is why I love Frank. And this is when you know he truly loves you, Jules, because you're number one.
Speaker 1: And I don't argue with that.
Speaker 2: I don't argue with that. You know, Frank's on top of his game. Number two Wes Welker and number three Dola. I don't know where he got Dola from at number three, but you got admit. He's loyal. He's loyal to his son and he's loyal to his son's friends. Mm hmm oh. He also ranked his top his top three tight ends.
Speaker 1: Ranked the top tight ends, he goes number three, Mark Bavaro Monster.
Speaker 2: I would say Mark Bovarro from just stories I've heard from players that played against him, that he was the strongest tight end ever in history. I've heard that too, yes, Like he would take defensive as the linebackers and just lock him up right on the spot and not let them move. He was just that strong. His grip was through the roof, they said. And I'm talking like players that played against him or freaks of nature. And they said, Mike Bavaro would dominate every single time.
Speaker 1: So what if you guys grab each other, who.
Speaker 2: Mirke Bovar would? I don't know. He's stronger than me, Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. And then number two on my dad's list was Kelsey, and then one of course was grownk And.
Speaker 2: I love you, Frank Nuts you got you got a wonderful dad, great dad.
Speaker 1: I like dall nut House Papa, though edel Nutt House Papa. I like it all right. What was what was Barry Sanders' best Turkey days? He was He had ten games on Turkey Day, seven and three, record winning record. Barry Sanders loved Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Suckond all time in Russian yards behind Thanksgiving, behind I'm at Smith, behind Emmitt Smith. It's two hundred and ten carries on Thanksgiving Day for nine hundred and thirty one yards. He just couldn't break that thousand yard mark on Thanksgiving. That's tough. He should have came back just for that, right, yes, for that, just to say he had over a thousand yards on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: We're talking about moments in his career, but him retiring at such a young age, and he was like, I think he was a season away from being the all time leader. At his retiring date, he was like, if you would have played that last season, he would have beat the record, and he just walked away. He didn't really care about the records. He just wanted to win. I think he got beat down from losing.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 1: He doesn't say that in any of his documentaries or all. You know, you watch his interviews, but I mean, if you if you go out for a long time and you're dominating and you you're losing every year.
Speaker 3: That's going to take a toll. It shows kind of player he was.
Speaker 1: You know, he loved football as a game, not for an individual statistic. I mean there's always stories of Jerry Jones two three years later going to him and say, hey, man, sure you don't want to come play for the Cowboys or something. I've heard that a couple of times too.
Speaker 2: As a player, you want to always tough it out. You never want to show that you're weak. The second you show that you're weak, you're kind of beat In the NFL, you got to always, you know, have that standard set, that bar set, that nothing's gonna take you down. And the second that you let that go and you let things take you down, you're not gonna be able to perform. You're gonna get out worked, you're gonna get ran over. The other guy's gonna beat the crap out of you. So that mindset always has to be there. And if you get beat down, even though you look like the best player on the field, it's gonna come back and haunt you in the end. I've been through that situation before. I bet you've been through it the end of your career as well, where you just kept taking beatings, injuries, You're trying to play through a knee, a forearm, whatever it is, and then finally you're like, man, I can't take this no more. And I feel like that's kind of what happened to Barry Sanders. I mean, yeah, he was the greatest of all time, one of them. He looked unbelievable out there on the field, but he was always losing, always taking a beating. You just don't know what these NFL guys are going through at all times. You really don't.
Speaker 1: He's still hasn't let anyone know why he retired, like he kind of has. I mean, he was fourteen hundred yards away from the old time rushing record that Emmitt Smith went to then beat three or four years later. A couple of years.
Speaker 2: Later, he did talk about it a little bit when he retired, that the passion wasn't there for him anymore. If you don't have that passion, which can attribute to just always getting beat down, not winning, there's no reason to be out there on the football field. It's not good for the fans, it's not good for yourself, it's not good for the organization. He's just kind of basically said there was nothing left to really play for. And he didn't really see the Detroit Lions being a Super Bowl contender either. Yeah, and if they were, the Lions were truly going to be a Super Bowl contender, I feel like that would have gave him the passion, the influence that he needed to go back out there.
Speaker 1: And because that's all he truly doesn't have is a Super Bowl ring.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when the passion left for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I do. I mean I was beat down. It was my last year. I mean, we won the Super Bowl when I was on the New England Patriots, when we beat the Rams, and I went into the playoffs knowing that I was going to retire. Dude, I mean, this is the year. The pounding on my body, all the injuries were flaring up. I was running slow. Especially the passion definitely decreases for the game of football when you start losing your skill set because it's not as fun anymore when you can't just run by someone or just throw someone around. It's not fun when you're the one getting thrown around and the guys on you like white on rice when you're trying to run a route. So it was like that year. But I was just putting the team first, and I knew, you know, I could come through in the times that I needed to come through for the team, and we ended up putting in the Super Bowl. So it couldn't have worked out any better. But winning that Super Bowl, it was just kind of a relief that the game was over. Yeah, but I got that passion back when I took a year off, and then it kind of started fading away again, you know, my second year in Tampa. You know, that's when I knew that it was probably, you know, time to hang it up again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's kind of how my mind went down as well. When I was in practice and guys that I should be dominating were coming close to covering me, I was like, yeah, it's I have to work way too hard to and it hurts way too much. Yeah, you're you're not doing it if we weren't winning at that time, so I could. I you know, it's hard to be in pain while you're losing and have to go perform.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm thankful for all the good times when we're in our mid twenties Jewels. Yeah, like when everything was just always feeling like looking like just always feeling good. Yeah, you're just activated from head to toe. Just your running form was just always on point. It was like it was easy. You're just felt like you're going through the motions even though you were going full speed and running by people. Man, those were the days. Thankful for those days as a player, it's young, dumb and full of yes, yes, the best, the best days for you.
Speaker 1: To wake up and you can sprint thirty hundreds and without even warming up, without even warming up, you'll box someone in the one on ones.
Speaker 2: Take it to team, come lay the wood on forced down in the box.
Speaker 1: Safety.
Speaker 2: What about Barry Sanders in college too? Man, he was one of the best college football players to ever.
Speaker 1: He was fucking unreal.
Speaker 2: He won the Heisman most rushing yards in the season over twenty six hundred yards.
Speaker 1: I mean, and his dad hated Oklahoma State because he was an Oklahoma Suitors fan. I'm fucking I'm so infatuated with that story.
Speaker 2: That's that's why he'll never put his son in front of him running back in the end.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, but I think that's what drove Barry. You know, he wanted his dad satisfaction. And maybe his dad knew that the dads always know us the best.
Speaker 2: The greatest, fine fuel in the the titious things, man, like the titious things. What's that word I'm looking for?
Speaker 3: Tedious?
Speaker 2: Titious? Tedious, tedious.
Speaker 1: I like titious things, you know.
Speaker 2: I just like what I said. That's why that was on my mind. I like not going to say the word you know the first part of it only because tedious we're appropriate show, but tit titious is always on my mind for some reason. Titious so is what the word I was really going for. It's tedious. So the greatest dude find you know that motivation. For example, say if you just said something that I didn't like in the locker room that day, and I would just go out in the field and I would be like, af this guy, Jules, I'm gonna make sure I'm open every single freaking play so he doesn't get a pass. So I can go back in the locker room and be like, great, day to day you had, Jules, you had zero catches I attend just because you said something that was fed up to me in the morning. That That's what I'm talking about. Just finding those tedious moments makes people great. Just finding that motivation for absolutely no reason that shouldn't even be motivation, just so you can go out there and just drive yourself to another level. It's like coach saying something to you three days ago in a meeting that you don't like, and you're gonna go out there and prove to him that he was wrong. Verry Verry Sans was titious. Yes he was, hopefully we thank you was. I never met Barry before, never talked to him about this, but we're going. I mean, he was the greatest of all time. He had to find motivation somehow every single time.
Speaker 1: One of the great showdowns on Monday Night Football that I still remember was the Barry vers em game. We haven't done it on games and names. Need to do it on games and names. But it was Week four and the ninety four season Monday Night Football, Cowboys hosted the Lions, and Detroit went up into Cowboy Land, Jerry World, old Jerry World at that time, and won twenty seventeen in overtime. Emmett what a fucking duel. Listen to his stat lines between the two best running backs in the league in the primes of their career, EMMITTT. Smith twenty nine carries one hundred and forty three.
Speaker 3: Yards in a tug.
Speaker 1: Barry had to out duel them with forty carries one hundred and ninety four yards and one touchdown. Epic battle between these freaking running backs. That was like a playoff game intensity, the closest you can get to playoff intensity. And it was because it was Emmitt Smith versus fucking Barry Sanders. It was such a crazy match. You remember that game. They were really young though, I know I remember that game a little bit because I was a little bit older than me. This was in ninety four. This is my first year of football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't remember. I was five years old, so I was eight years old. Like, what made the Detroit Lions like not good during that era? Because they had Barry Sanders? What made them not good?
Speaker 1: Bad?
Speaker 2: Offensive line? Bad?
Speaker 1: Like did they have more?
Speaker 2: What was it? What was the reason why they weren't good?
Speaker 1: Jeeles You need a quarterback? No quarterback, no quarterback. And they went through a lot of coaches, I think, and they got through a lot of coaches. I don't know.
Speaker 2: He deserved better. He deserved I mean he that deserve. I mean thankful for Barry. Everyone's thankful for Barry Thanksgiving the episode. He truly deserved better.
Speaker 1: So who's on the mount rushmore? Running back? Four? Four running backs top four of all time?
Speaker 2: O man, I mean you got to put those two in that category.
Speaker 1: Jim Brown's got in there.
Speaker 2: Jim Brown. Then I'm gonna go with Adrian Peterson as my fourth.
Speaker 1: What about Walter Payton. I know, but he's before your time. He is before my time.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't really know too much about Walter Payon, Marshawn Lynch, Shawn Lynch.
Speaker 3: I mean, but is he great all the time?
Speaker 2: No, he's not. He's not. He's not on Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 1: Now Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 2: He's one of the greatest known running backs of all time, one of the best personalities of all time too.
Speaker 1: Do you remember Bill always talking about Jim Brown and how like dominant he was. If we'd be talking, he'd hear us talking to locker room about Son.
Speaker 2: He goes, well, you.
Speaker 1: Guys see Jim Brown fucking dominant, like he was just a man child. All old timers love Jim Brown like that's their guy. We didn't get to watch him in the flesh, so like you don't get to appreciate him, but you gotta put him on there. I think Barry's on there.
Speaker 2: Tomlinson lt. Lt. I mean, it's hard to do a Mount Rushmore of running back. Marshall Falk, oh Man show, Falk was so good.
Speaker 1: I'm wanna go this my Mount Rushmore, but go Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Marshall Falk, Marshall Falk being the fourth because he's like that, the tweener, the new generation running back where this guy could catch a hundred fucking balls and rush for a thousand yards in the same season, which I think he did. There was Bo Jackson, he didn't have enough. Thrman Thomas was a monster.
Speaker 2: Earl Campbell.
Speaker 1: Eric Dickerson Slate would be mad at us. His slate's dad blocked room Gal. He didn't.
Speaker 2: He didn't have a long career though. It's so manny Man. That's tough to do a mount Rushmore.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Barry was behind Thurman Thomas at Oklahoma State. Oklahoma State had some running backs. How about that running back room in college? Derman Thomas, fucking Barry Sanders. They went natty that year. How you not win the national championship with those two guys. The saddest stat of Barry's career, though, is that he only played in six playoff games. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Everyone loves Barry Sanders. Everyone wanted to see his career just keep on going ten minutes. What kind of dude is Barry Sanders free? No one is ever like when you watch him move. No one's ever moved like Barry Sanders just so elusive and looks like a slinky out there. He's like a little sky down the stairs, just boom booming. The slinky is just turning and flipping which way and direction, always always on, that always lands right back on, you know, in position, right on his feet at the bottom of the stairs. That's Barry Sanders for you. I mean, that's some freaky ability right there.
Speaker 1: I bet you he was a crazy positive dude. The dude dude too in the locker room. I bet you was super cool. He's probably like sweet feet, super quiet, James White, quiet, just professional. But he's also a fucking dog where he didn't have I mean, he didn't have an offensive line for like half his career and he still had the numbers he had on three you state years one, two, two, three.
Speaker 2: Dog, he's a freak man.
Speaker 1: You gotta go freak.
Speaker 2: You gotta go freak. His physical ability of just being able to bend the way he bends, and just a vision that he has one on one instinct. He was not getting tackled. People were falling headfirst into the ground. Like I said earlier, you just never seen it. He was making people look silly like they didn't belong out there. It was like pop one. Or when the guy's just that much better than everyone else and just running around the field and they could be all twelve eleven guys in the field in front of him, and he can make all eleven miss. That's freaky instincts right there.
Speaker 1: But when you see Barry Sanders in clothes or do you look at him like me and that guy's.
Speaker 2: A freak, No, you don't. But we're categorizing freak in that way only then, is if how you see someone he is a one of one, exactly one of one's a freaks. He was just a freak out at a lower level of physical stature.
Speaker 1: He reminds me of a little race cars on the electric tracks where he could just start stop, start stop start stop, hillo fast. He's a freaking, He's a freak.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 2: This dude, standing at six foot and weighing two hundred and thirty four pounds, is a dynamic running back drafted as a second overall pick in two thousand and eighteen to a team that almost ruined his career and that he was smart enough to leave, and that team was dumb enough to let him leave. It says it.
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: It says it.
Speaker 1: Wow, that was not me. You cannot blame that on me. It's AI is saying cheese.
Speaker 5: Ay.
Speaker 2: I knows everything they do. He quickly established himself as a dynamic player known for his explosive speed and versatility, amassing over two thousand yards from scrimmage in his rookie season and winning Offensive Rookie of the Year. Throughout his sixth year career, he has earned three Pro Bowls. Born in the Bronx, he mainly grew up in Pennsylvania, playing high school football there and then committing to Penn State, where he was a two time Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year and was fourth in the Heisman voting in two thousand and seventeen. He considers himself the goat No. Of Connect Ford, of Connect four, with Christian McCaffrey being the only person who has beaten him Connect four. Let's get into Quadzilla say Quad Barkley, Qualm, Barkley Sat Quad Barkley Quad. Well, that's the first thing I think. This is his quads. It's how big and beastly and filling they are, and and just just how massive and and just explosive those quads are, and how he can stomp on anyone and probably kill him if if he did. If he was in WWE, hold on, where's my hat? If he was in WW they probably won't allow the because you know those leg drops they do. He would do the sock quad Barkley leg drop and it would be called the sack quad boom, and he would drop his quad and the wrestler would be dead right on the spot. Yeah, what's the first thing you think of, Jordan?
Speaker 1: The first thing I think of is, Man, I can't believe I'm putting on a Philadelphia hat, right, I.
Speaker 2: Can't put the Philly hat on.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: I did really quick, and then it bounced off my head.
Speaker 1: Wha, I mean whatever, No, But the thing is I I you always thought he would be a giant for the rest of his life, and boy was that one giant loss. To lose Barkley, I mean, and.
Speaker 3: To see him go out and do what he's doing this year with a really good football team.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is this is what you want for a guy like Saquon Barkley because he's just a good ass dude. I mean, you look you look in the last game of the year or in the playoffs, the four minute situation breaks, a big run stops down, the whole team's like, why didn't you score?
Speaker 2: And he's over here as long as we win.
Speaker 3: Like that's the kind of guy. Saquon is. Team player, I've got to hang out with him. Had a whole bunch of coola.
Speaker 2: That actually makes it even more surprising and more hurtful to the Giants fan base that he was such a team player as well and they still let him.
Speaker 3: Go, still let him go. H I mean, who's calling the shots over there?
Speaker 2: I think I really don't want to blame Dable because I love Dable and he's like one of my favorite coaches of all time, but like he's the head coach, but like the head coach doesn't call the shots about who comes in and out as the players. I think you got to put it on the GM correct and kind of the owner as well, because the owner said he's going to not be able to sleep at night if Sakuon Barkley goes to the Philadelphia Eagles and then he goes to the Philadelphia Eagles, well you could have easily stepped in and offered about two three million dollars more just to keep you know. Sakwon Barkley on the New York Giants. And let me tell you for a second, this is this is my problem. He left because there was an argument over like five hundred thousand dollars or a million dollars, a million bucks, a million bucks? What twelve what is he getting paid twelve million dollars million or whatever, thirteen million dollars whatever it is, and the Giants offered a one last million dollars. Well, I can tell you this, he's still underpaid by at least ten million dollars. He is, and there was an argument about not paying on because of a million dollars with the Giants organization. He's going to really put it into perspective. Just think about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he's literally catapulted this Philadelphia team. He's that good of a football player. He's had that he had a magical year. He went over two thousand yards, regardless of how many games whatever. To go out there and put that performance on that he did this year coming from the rival team.
Speaker 3: This is like a this like a Disney movie.
Speaker 1: If they go and win the Super Bowl, if they win the Super Bowl. I think Disney's probably gonna there's a Court Warner movie, So the Disney will make a freaking this movie, I feel yeah, And it's just a movie.
Speaker 2: Is a movie. It shows how great of a player he really was, because when he was with the Giants, he really had absolutely zero help. He had no line. There really wasn't any skill players around him, he had no really no quarterback.
Speaker 1: And he's still hurt his knee. And then he came back and took him a year to get right, and then he had a really good year last year, like.
Speaker 2: Still ball, I'm talking ball, and now that it just shows if you really want to thrive, if you really want to have the best year ever, it does take a team effort, but you just got to find that situation. He found that situation in Philly, and now his talents are even thriving to a whole nother level because he has such a beastly line in front of him and he's got great coaching around him. He's got great players as well, at the skill player at the skill position around him. That's why he went for over two thousand yards you know this season in just a regular season. He's just a phenomenal athlete that is one of is one of the one of the athletes that you only see once per decade, once per every years, generational player, big.
Speaker 3: Time you ever, you ever hang out with him?
Speaker 2: I never hung out with say Kwon Barkley. I never have. I kind of wanted to. I just really want to see his quads and person, bro, I just want to look. I hope he has like short shorts on, like he's in the eighties, so I can just stare at him.
Speaker 1: I went to the I went to the I went to the met gala and we ended up it was me, him and OBJ. We were all hanging out because we were, you know, the athletes there, and we had a great time. But I saw he was wearing a skirt. I would too if I had those damn quads in that. I was like, holy shit, I had nightmares. His squads were so goddamn big, and I saw the whole thing in like a skirt alt regardless, it was like it looked like a skirt, but it was crazy.
Speaker 3: We had such a fun time.
Speaker 1: He's an awesome dude, and that's why I love seeing him have this success. I remember we went, we got we were we were having some adult beverages. And me and Odell we've been in the league for a while by that time, and and we we wanted to want to go to McDonald real quick. And he was like such a young kid, like, hey man, I don't eat McDonald's. You guys eat McDonald's. I was like, dude, he's.
Speaker 2: One of those guys. Just McDonald's to the face.
Speaker 3: And just he wouldn't know.
Speaker 5: He didn't want oh, alright, he didn't want me, all right, all right. He was makes some great tunsip discipline. And also what makes you great is just the way that he plays a game. He's powerful, he has great pat level as well. It's like he's like the perfect running back because like he's got size, he's not like his skin, he's thick, but he's also really shit. You know how hard that is to find a running back like that, thick and shifty. He's I mean, he's he's got great downfield.
Speaker 2: Vision as well. And as you can see this year, I mean, right when he breaks through the hole, he already knows he's going to the house. You could just tell. Because of that vision, he can see the whole entire field. The cutback lanes that he creates, you know, are iron and pressed off. I mean, he's just an overall all around great running back, first second, third down, as well great work ethic, like you said, kind of. You just know he's great work ethic by the workouts that you see that that are on the internet. Also the discipline, not eating McDonald's at two am, even being tipsy, and even with influences like you to trying to get him to eat mcdonland fel for it in a quick second.
Speaker 1: Not even a nugget, and not even a nugget, not even a mcflurry.
Speaker 2: You're kidding me, How can you not even have a spoonful of a mcflurry at two am. But what's most impressive about him, and what really you know, gets this offense to a whole other level for the Philadelphia Eagles is his big play ability. When you got big playability players on your team, that's why you're in championship games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's got he'll he'll be remembered. He'll be remembered for as long as football is going because we all see these historic plays and these historical shots him doing a back reversal. Oh freaking lounge hurdlet lunch.
Speaker 3: Thing over another human being that's a tall guy.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be remembered and it's gonna be like just like when we see the immaculate reception with Frank o'harris or you know, one of the crazy hits by freaking Odell Beckham catch, you know all these crazy that's gonna be remembered forever.
Speaker 2: And you want to know it's crazy. It's like you play Madden like it's a video game, Like it's like exaggerated how talented these players are. No, not for sake one exactly, and like these moves that sometimes you can do when you hit all the buttons, like the guy does a move that you never seen before and you're like, ah, that's unrealistic. Say Qualm Barkley did such an unrealistic hurdle three sixty one eighty jump and landed it that Madden didn't even have that in the game, and that Madden had to add that play to add that move or whatever it's called. What is that called that that's just athleticism or that button. So now you can be able to use that and hurdle over someone wild three six in the in the area on maddened. I mean, I hope so.
Speaker 1: I think Madden they just called the button mash where you just mash all the buttons. Does a Sakwon Barkley backflip jump thing over a hurdle?
Speaker 2: There we go. He's a button masher, button masher and mashes defenders as well.
Speaker 1: Now what do you think about what do you think about him sitting for Eric Dickerson's record he needed what a hundred and something?
Speaker 2: I think it just shows what you were talking about earlier, just how big of a team player he was. He was looking at the big pitcher and that's Super Bowl. Yeah, he could have gotten the record, but what if he just got hurt getting the record and then he wasn't there throughout the playoffs and look at the damage he already did in the playoffs. The reason why they won that game versus Los Angeles Rams was because he was playing in the game, and he rushed for two touchdowns, both of them over fifty yards, and I think he went for like an over two hundred yards as well rushing. So it just shows what type of team player he is, and just overall, just the goal and mindset of winning at all. And that's what it's all about this only. This is only good if they win the Super Bowl. If they don't win the Super Bowl, this is a but this is crazy, I agree. But he can also break the all time record including playoffs and regular season, which I think he will break that. I think he's about one hundred something yards away.
Speaker 3: What kind of dude is Quad Barkley?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: What kind of dude?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 3: I mean, grew up kind of dude is he? He grew up right, like, grew up in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: Great football there, great football, you know that great HiPE you born tough New York. I think he depends. I think he has a lot of boxing in his backgrounds.
Speaker 3: A lot of boxing in his background.
Speaker 1: From what I recall reading, he's definitely got.
Speaker 3: He's a dog.
Speaker 2: He is a dog. But he kind of is a freak as well, because because, like you said, when he was wearing that kilt, you were like, whoa, Like, that's that's what we talk about. When you see a freak, it's because of their facetiest nature. Yes, and you were that's some physical nature that blew your mind.
Speaker 1: It was it was mind blowing. It was kind of like the first time when I saw Dante High Towers Calves.
Speaker 2: Oh freaky.
Speaker 3: You've got some big ass cats seeing.
Speaker 2: Imagine if you're combined, if you made one leg and you had Dante High Towers Calves and say Kwon Barkley's squad.
Speaker 1: You would get like someone you would I think that person it would be like the Hawk, Actually, I think that person would. He could do a tug of war with a fucking like what's whatever, the best super diesel truck there is.
Speaker 3: He can probably with that leg.
Speaker 2: Three fifty definitely actually screw it an eighteen wheeler.
Speaker 1: And you could probably take down an eighteen whorld wheeler. He's definitely a dude's dude as well.
Speaker 2: Because because of how big of a team player is the.
Speaker 1: Team player, I mean to go and be the most hated guy for a team and then join that team and then become such a big leader that it's a parent.
Speaker 2: You know, we were all at the whole locker room and fan base. But that story that you told me about when he was in the kill, that's just sticking to my head.
Speaker 1: So I know what I'm going with one two three freak. Yeah, man, he's see those legs two hundred and thirty pounds. Is not supposed to do jump flips, back hurdles over men that are trying to kill you.
Speaker 2: Only when you got quads like that, though there was quad Zilla University of Alabama.
Speaker 3: Another Alabama road tag, Crimson Tad.
Speaker 2: Currently plays for the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 1: Baltimore Freaking Ravens is currently in talks of winning the MVP probably Offensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 2: They don't give that the running backs is currently gonna be on the best rushing team statistically right, statistically statistically in NFL history with Lamar Jackson, are they on pace? They got it? They gotta be on pace.
Speaker 1: Derek freaking number twenty two Henry.
Speaker 2: The Baltimore Ravens. Let's get to the synopsis. AI Derrick Henry, standing at six foot three inches and weighing two hundred and forty seven pounds, is a dominant NFL running back, renowned for his rare combination of size, speed, and power, making him one of the most feared rushers in the league. He has a mass over ten thousand rushing yards and ninety eight touchdowns in his career, earning multiple Pro Bowl selections and the twenty twenty NFL Offensive Player of the Year award. In high school, Derek set the national record for career rushing yards when it astonishing twelve thousand, one hundred and twenty four yards at Yule High School in Florida, averaging two hundred and fifty yards per game. See, I got to read really fast because he has so many stats. I want to make sure we get through it. At the University of Alabama, Henry won the Heisman Trophy and set both the single season and career rushing records. I mean, this guy breaks every record at whatever level he's at. I wonder what the Pop Warner stats were.
Speaker 3: Easy.
Speaker 2: We can't get there because it's just will take away. Ay.
Speaker 3: I's got it all though.
Speaker 2: Yeah. While he spent most of his career with the Tennessee Titans, setting the single season rushing records record with twenty twenty seven yards in twenty twenty, he is currently he beat Johnson two k with that. With that number right there, he is currently studying impressive records with the Baltimore Ravens, including the team's franchise record and most Russian touchdowns in a single season. Already, and it's only like not even halfway through. You know, this season Henry is celebrated for his work, ethic and humble personality off the field, where he is involved in charity work and is regarded as a role model.
Speaker 3: Start that clock, start the clock.
Speaker 2: First off, I want to get to this right off the point. His nickname is King Henry. There's a guy in basketball that we all know him, know him as is King James. Who is the ultimate King Jules, King Henry or King James. Let's hear your thoughts.
Speaker 1: King Henry or King James. Lebron is a generational guy. But if he's talk about King Henry, he's a generational guy. This guy two hundred and forty seven pounds running away from people. That is such a hard question. I didn't even know you're gonna ask me that.
Speaker 3: I'm going.
Speaker 1: I'm a football guy.
Speaker 3: I gotta go. I gotta go King Henry. It sounds better.
Speaker 1: Is there was there King James back in the day. It's probably King James back in the day, isn't it? Is that why it's King I just put that together. They both have kind of king names. They got both king names. I like King Henry. I'm going King Henry, just don't name because it sounds but there's a King James back there. I'm going Derrick Henry.
Speaker 2: Alright, I like that pick. And what's incredible about you know, Derrick Henry is you know you said that size. It's just impressive and how he can move what two hundred and forty seven pounds. But I swear he looks huge. He looks massive. He's two forty seven, but I swear he plays and looks bigger than he even is. It's like he's six three, two forty seven. It's like, no, no, no, no, he's like six' six eighty running the. Ball that's what it looks.
Speaker 1: LIKE i remember when we played against. HIM i walked by him after the, game, like who the fuck is his defensive? End oh my, god it That's.
Speaker 3: Hendry That's.
Speaker 1: Jesus he's so big that, NO i wouldn't want to tackle.
Speaker 3: Him, no he wants to tackle.
Speaker 1: HIM i, mean screwed, them they say at the end of the. Game i'm not tackling at the beginning of the. Game you might get a concussion getting one of the knee.
Speaker 3: Drives he got.
Speaker 1: Some he looks like a goddamn semi. Truck that's on fucking, nos he is a semi. Trucks, yes That's, Racis that's what he. Is he's a semi.
Speaker 2: Truck like when he sees that hole, open like he hits that buttonious, curious he just flies right through the. WHOLE i think he was what so far he clicked in as the second fastest player as a ball carrier in THE nfl quarter recorded second fastest. PLAYER i, mean freaking ridiculous being that. Size WHAT i love about him, Too, man he's a true role. Model. Man he's never gets in, trouble, never never on the, field never off kingsdom is he in. Trouble he doesn't, smoke he doesn't. Drink he eats completely. Clean he's basically on The Tom brady. DIET i think while he might be, Vegan i'm. Not i'm not sure about. That he could possibly could. BE i, mean no, gluten you. Know he you, know cuts the sugar. Down it's all real sugar and fruits and all that good. Stuff he takes care of his, body does the cryotank sig on. Us. Uh he actually goes to the same treatment guy THAT i see as, well my Friend bobo who's out Of. Nashville he gets those vitamin bags and hydration. Bags to make sure that he's always good to. Go you, know on top of his, games he's always burning, fuel so he's got to always make sure the vitamins and fuel are always coming. In he's just doing everything, right and that's WHAT i love about. Him he's a great example to the young.
Speaker 1: Generation have you seen his off season workouts on?
Speaker 2: YouTube, yeah And i've actually worked out with him before one, time one time In, Dallas. Texas. Yes let me tell, you, man this guy don't get. Tired he don't get.
Speaker 1: Tired what'd you guys do for a?
Speaker 2: Workout and LIKE i was with my, brother my two, brothers and like we were just looking at his, arms and like his arm was bigger than all three of our arms. Combined that's WHY i don't understand how he doesn't weigh like two hundred and eighty, Pounds LIKE i weighed to sixty and he's twelve pounds less than. Me And i'm, like but your arms are three times the size of. Mine LIKE i don't, LIKE i think he's tricking. EVERYONE i think he really is too. Eighty but you know in Pop, warner when they don't let you play because you're. Eight, ANYWAY i don't think THE nfl would let him play if he weighs in at two eighty at the running back. Position SO i think he literally is to eighty because he's that, big but they just list him as two forty, seven so he's actually qualified to play in The. Dude, yeah so you're working out with what year was? This this was A i think last, year a year and a half, ago two years.
Speaker 3: Ago first, thing the, guy you, say, damn his arms so big in your.
Speaker 2: The first THING i. SAID i was. Memorized and what's another thing about him, Too like he's having this career year with The Baltimore. Ravens it looks like he has an. Age, yeah he has an age, because LIKE i, said he does everything, right and when you do everything right and take care of your body like, that you don't. Age he hasn't lost a step and he's just getting faster and, faster bigger and. Bigger he has that motivation still like he's thirty years old as a running, back has taken so many shots to the, body AND i feel LIKE i just feel it like he has a chip because LIKE i feel like The Tennessee, titans you, know kind of didn't give him that, respect that he deserved last, year you, know like they were, like, oh we got to change up our. Offense all we do is give the ball To Derek. Henry like they Let Derek henry, walk one of their best, generational generational talents on the offense side of the ball in the history of The, titans and they let him walk that. Easily that kind of shows a little. DISRESPECT i, mean it might have not been, disrespect but it just shows like they didn't really trust in him or thought his career was going. Down SO i think he's on a rampage to show The, Titans, hey look what you're missing out. On you, thought, oh we got to switch up the offense because we're handing me the ball too. Much well that's all The Tennessee titians, had was handing the ball to.
Speaker 1: Him well it's not just The Tennessee titans that are part of his. Fuel everyone else could have signed.
Speaker 2: Him everyone. ELSE i thought he was.
Speaker 3: Done Dallas cowboys need a running. Back they could have signed.
Speaker 2: Him oh, man we don't even got to get into. THAT i, mean BUT i read in the news for the last month With Jerry.
Speaker 1: Johns but this is you, know this is some Like Tom brady type. Stuff you, know because at thirty one at a running, back he's doing things that don't that's not.
Speaker 3: Normal this is not, normal and that that's why this is so.
Speaker 1: Freaky he doesn't eat, sugars he doesn't Do he takes care of his, body he doesn't eat any fried. Foods he works out like.
Speaker 2: Crazy he fries his, defenses he fries.
Speaker 1: Defenses, well when you were talking about, CHIPS i was, like, man you, know he's a big chip on his.
Speaker 2: Shoulder he probably doesn't have any.
Speaker 1: Chips. PROBABLY i was thinking that because those are.
Speaker 2: FRIED i was, like, man he's. Not he's not falling in into our tostitos. Commercials. Noh he sees the commercials, like oh those are good, commercials jewels and, gronk BUT i ain't eating. Those, no he don't eat.
Speaker 1: Those he didn't need to do. That naughty cal, Chips, yeah he probably he does some kale. Chips two hundred and forty seven, pounds ninety nine yard. Touchdown that is that's. CRAZY i remember watching that play and what everyone always says With Derrick henry when you're playing against. HIM i Remember bill always talking about. It you cannot let this man get going keep his feet. Moving you gotta have pressure in the middle of the. Pocket if you let the train, go you ain't getting on. It and and that's exactly what that ninety nine yard touchdown was where he stiffed. Armed the dude still gets to, speed gives a little back, backwards stiff, arm still gets to high. Speed it's something like you, said you marvel at when you see a person that does things that have never been done before like, that.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like myself a little. Bit and that's WHY i LOVE i love the way he. PLAYS i, MEAN i love all big men out.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: Whatever he love big, Men, YEAH i love big. Men it's dudes on dudes, here of. COURSE i love big. MEN i like big. Guys, yeah big sweaty men as, well and guys. Sweating because he's always running for two hundred plus yards every single.
Speaker 3: Game every, game he's on.
Speaker 1: Pace flag, dam he's on pace to beat the record this year he.
Speaker 2: Has he has some of the greatest stiff arms in the.
Speaker 1: Game you do, too you're your stiff.
Speaker 2: ARM i had a, couple but not as many As Derek county because he has touched the ball like one hundred thousand more times than than myself and he's still.
Speaker 1: Going it's crazy and he's still.
Speaker 2: Going it's, like you, know he's twenty one years old out there.
Speaker 1: To the amount of times he's touched the ball and he hasn't had like knock on, wood he just has he can. Last where does he rank in all time running? Backs?
Speaker 2: Oh, man he's got to be up.
Speaker 1: There he's got a two thousand Yard season's got to be up.
Speaker 2: There the reason why he, doesn't you, know maybe get the respect you know that he should have, been like an all time great running back is because he's not a traditional running back like those other. Greats they're all more like pity, pattern make five guys.
Speaker 1: Miss and Then Jim brown he's kind Of Jim. Brownie, yeah but he's just So Jim brown was so much bigger and athletic than. Everyone he's to swat those guys.
Speaker 2: Around Derek hunney's game is a little bit. Different when he sees that, hole he just hits that noss like you, said and just goes right through, it runs over entire one in his. Way it's just incredible how he can do.
Speaker 1: That was he like A Dickerson Dickerson dickerson away knees straight up a little.
Speaker 2: BIT i think he could possibly end up being one of the, greatest top three greatest running backs to ever play all, time all, time because if he continues this path for another four or five more, years which he has not.
Speaker 1: Shown any, decline any decline at, all any at.
Speaker 2: All he hasn't slowed down one single. Bit he only gets, better and he's a different style of a running.
Speaker 1: Back and he's going against littler defenses right, Now yes he. Is these defenses are all built up for the. Past ah a bunch of. RECEIVERS i love.
Speaker 2: His game because he's a big. MAN i love big man Man's, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Barry, Sanders Walter, Payton Jim, BROWN Emmittt, Smith Adrian, Peterson Dereck. HENRY i mean this generation that's great right? Now is our generations? Great the last great running back after. This McCoy's in, There shady's in, there but Like i'm talking, generational.
Speaker 2: If he wins a, championship he's up. There if he wins the Super bowl this, year.
Speaker 1: If he wins The Super, BOWL i, mean it's it's so crazy that on this episode we've talked About madden characters like you have your, two like complete Opposite madden characters you, Have like when you make the funny little guy on Your madden that's like ninety nine, everything and then you get your like your funny big. Guy it's like six foot four running back Like Derrick henry that can outrun. People it's it's it's crazy these. Guys he's a Free you don't see guys that big run that fast and take that much pounding and get up and do it over and over and. Over AND i feel like we see a fifty plus run every, year every like three times a year with this guy fifty plus.
Speaker 2: Run, wait three times a year more like every other week he has a fifty plus y, ever is it not? Crazy, yeah it's. Crazy he's got a huge chest as, well like like his irons are, massive but LIKE i, swear his chest it looks like the, rock you know when the rock has a shut off and the chest goes like, Oo like it's that. Massive he's. Jacked he looks exact same as he, did you know in high. School he has the same, frame but like every year he just got bigger and wider and wider like he. Was it looked like he was six or three already in high school and just can run all. Day but he's just growing and growing and growing and growing every single.
Speaker 1: Year Vernon, davis he was staying like he was like that as a, kid and he kept on getting bigger and, bigger and his speed never got slower and, slower like it's that's like. Anomaly. SHIT i mean he could be the greatest run back in high school's. History freshman year twenty four hundred, yards twenty six, Tds sophomore year twenty seven hundred, yards thirty eight, tds a little dip in the junior with twenty six hundred yards and freaking thirty four TV's just to top it off a senior. Year let me just put the cherry on the old. Top let's go forty two hundred yards and fifty? Five what the who is he?
Speaker 3: Playing who is he?
Speaker 1: Playing in thirty five t h eight touchdowns.
Speaker 2: A game high school In. Florida they got some legiti as that.
Speaker 1: Eight did they have? RECORD i didn't know they put things on records in high. School that is fucking. Crazy twelve thousand yards in four. Years this guy has been a freak since high. School one hundred and fifty touchdowns in four. Years do the.
Speaker 2: Math he's A hall Of famer at the high school, level hall Of famer at the college, level and A hall Of famer at THE nfl.
Speaker 1: First, ballot without, it without a, doubt it's crazy. Time what kind of dude Is Dereck henry is a.
Speaker 2: FREAK i don't even got. It, negotiations IT'S i, mean he is a. Freak he's a. Dog he is a.
Speaker 3: Dog he's a.
Speaker 2: Freak but he's absolute freak of, nature heck of a. Player no one can tackle. Him the guy was born to.
Speaker 3: Run let's get On michael Straight.
Speaker 2: Hand all, right ladies and, Gentlemen let's do.
Speaker 1: It michael Straight.
Speaker 2: Hand let's see what the synopsis is About Michael.
Speaker 3: Michael Strahan german?
Speaker 1: Episode Why?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why why Is Michael strahan on The germany? Episode? Why why about?
Speaker 1: It, well let's start the.
Speaker 2: Clock let's. See let's see how SMART ai? Is why he is on this? EPISODE i don't THINK ai would even. THAT i don't, know all. Right Michael strahan was a dominant defensive end for The New York, giants known for his impressive career stats including one hundred and forty one zero point five, sacks Seven Pro bowl. Selections Holy, moly one hundred and forty one and a half Sack. Wow born In, Houston, texas he spent a significant part of his childhood In germany due to his father's military. Service god explains it right, there he is. SMILE i does have the ANSWERS a Smart after retiring from, football straight hand. Transists after retiring from, football straight hand transition to a successful media, career becoming a co host On Good Morning america and an analyst On FOX Nfl.
Speaker 1: Sunday HE i mean he Replaced regis off the.
Speaker 2: Field he's known for his charismatic personality and dedication to his. Family, AY i is full of.
Speaker 1: Shit why why would you say that he didn't mention one thing about his? Gap oh, yeah you're, right his. Teeth it's like he's like known. World he's literally that gap has literally been in. Space, Man michael's straight hand is so. COOL i, mean he really has been a freaking inspiration for athletes post, career post like football.
Speaker 2: Career, well hold, On i'm gonna stop you right. There he's been an inspiration since the beginning of. Time, man with what he's been through growing up all the way through his college, days then getting to THE nfl and fighting all odds and then having that post career. Inspiration what is is.
Speaker 1: That he's an army. Brat they call it right when He's his dad was in the. Army he lived In. Germany HIS i guess his uncle played in THE. Nfl Art street AND i think he lived with. Uncle pop shipped him From. Germany then he went To Texas, southern that's.
Speaker 2: Southern he didn't play any high. School he played.
Speaker 1: FRESH i, mean it's it's literally the story of Fresh. Prince listen to this Except philadelphia In germany year the.
Speaker 2: High school he went. To two.
Speaker 1: People what do you mean there's two people in his high school in his? Class how do you have two people In? Germany did you go to high school In?
Speaker 2: Germany, no he went to the high school In texas. SOMEWHERE i just. Know the continued joke week in and week out With Jay glazer And Michael strahan is That michael finished in top of his class because there's only two. People EVEN i could finish on top of my class when there's just two. People that's what you call valed.
Speaker 3: Victorian if we were in a class of, two who would finish?
Speaker 2: First depends what subject we're talking. About. Math Oh i'm number one there reading number. ONE i can. READ i just can't project that cooking. Class, Oh i'm a, Cooker i'm a. COOKER i used to sing growing, Up i'm a, Cooker i'm a, hooker AND i had no clue WHAT i was really. Saying and my brothers would be laughing at. Me BUT i was like eight years. OLD i, Remember i'm, Cooking i'm, hooking.
Speaker 1: And they all know what were you cooking at eight years?
Speaker 2: Old, eggs, eggs just, breakfast, sandwiches stuff like. That very.
Speaker 1: Easy you Think mike straight hand would eat your.
Speaker 2: Eggs he would eat my, Eggs yes he, Would and then he would eat me on the field because he was all.
Speaker 1: Big he was an absolute. Monster when you put on his, film you forget how big he is because he's leaned out so much, now and like he he was like freakishly. BIG i, mean he had twenty two and a half sacks in the. Season that's a sack record. Holder, yeah, Yeah brett fell, Down BUT i, mean, regardless that's what quarterbacks do all the, time, now you know WHAT i. Mean so everyone gives him crap on. IT i mean he was gonna get the tackle regardless his. Power his speed to power move was. Insane he was just so strong and, long and you could tell he worked his dick off to end the career the way he did beat The patriots undefeated season in The Super Bowl New York. Boston then jump over and instantly sit on Like regis And. KELLY i, mean the guy has lived just a story, book storybook type life and he's overcome shit. Too, yees he has overcome.
Speaker 2: STUFF i, mean obviously not really playing football in high. SCHOOL i don't know where he played. At and THEN i think some other high school around there just took him in, like, oh you're in our. District it's like a story like. That i'm not exactly one hundred percent. Sure and then he went whatever college he went To Texas. CENTER i don't even think he like really. Enrolled it was, like, hey come play football, here and he just showed up and he was on the. Team like that's kind of his, story like for. Real and then why he was drafted second ROUND i think by The New York. Giants, yeah well pick overall. Yeh he was the fortieth overall, pick second round nineteen ninety. Three that's mind blowing right. There nineteen ninety, three they was the year he was. Drafted let me tell, you he does not seem that old at. ALL i feel like he's, like you, know thirty, nine forty years. Old to this day he's still and he's like fifty two looks. Young he's got the team. Going he does.
Speaker 3: It just it doesn't you don't.
Speaker 2: Age you want to, know WHAT i really love about him is that he has no fear in anything he. Does and that's what makes him so great on the. Field no fear against who he was against his. Opponent it didn't matter who he's going. Against he was gonna bul rush. Him he was gonna do a move to get around, him swim around, him or or absolutely take that. TACKLE i, Mean i've seen some of his highlights and he's just, Like i'm gonna keep tossing you, buddy like you know WHAT i. Mean he get care and let you, know he would tell you he loved talking trash out on the. Field he had a motor of a, mouth he had a motor of an. Engine as a football, player no fear at, all and then he had no fear in his after. Career goes ON tv and he's just ready to. Go he doesn't, care you know, what what's thrown at. Him he's just gonna go with it full speed at all.
Speaker 1: Times he works his tail off and he's a really nice, Guy like you, know we work with, him and you could just tell it doesn't matter how big he is the, world and he treats everyone like so, nicely.
Speaker 2: Treats everyone the same, thing to everyone with, respect doesn't matter what position you are in. Life he's along with every what your job title. Is AND i just love his story FROM a TO z when he first got in THE nfl, TOO i don't even think he really registered a sack until like his fourth fifth year in THE, nfl and maybe a couple of, sacks BUT i know he didn't really turn onto the scene until about year four or.
Speaker 3: Five when you watch him and if you had to block, him what would you?
Speaker 2: DO i would have been the guy to just chip. HIM i would have just want to coach. Man this guy has a. Motor he's, huge which he's a big guy. ALREADY i Mean i'm next to him on the on the desk The fox pre game, show but WHEN i watch highlights of, Him i'm Like i'm, like, man he's like three times the size that you know that he is right now when he was, playing and he's big right, now but his arms were, massive and like he played like a guy that was like stock here and already had leverage because he was he was. Huge he's like sixty five sixty, five and he would get that leverage because he can play.
Speaker 1: LOW i got a math question for. You let's.
Speaker 2: HERE i love.
Speaker 1: Math between HIS nfl career and his media. Career how many hours do you Think Michael straighthan has been ON?
Speaker 2: Tv oh my, gosh that's a math question that's over my, Head.
Speaker 3: Jules how many hours Has michael straight hand been ON?
Speaker 1: Tv that's a fucking. Question well and, well.
Speaker 2: Here's the tricky. Party in a, game while you're playing in THE, nfl you're not on THE tv the whole. Game, no BUT i mean maybe like four minutes a. Game, no all, RIGHT i would.
Speaker 1: Just, say because you're on THE tv longer than four, minutes because he got you on the.
Speaker 2: Sideline, yeah he gets he was getting something that they will keep the camera on. HIM i would say about a million, minutes a million, minutes a million.
Speaker 1: Minutes how many years is that a million million. Minutes can we ask CHAT gbt or something.
Speaker 2: A Million what DOES ai say? MINUTES i MEAN i said a million. Minutes that's a million. Minutes what else do we need to? KNOW a million minutes is a million? Minutes i'm telling You i'm a. Mathematician that's what he. Equals what about what about his get? Off let's talk about. It he's get off real. QUICK i, mean that's what made him a special. Player is the ability of him to just burst right off the line and get to the quarterback and mess up the off of the tackle and a split second is what made him the great player that he. Is and then he had a get off in his post, career had a get off while he was playing. FOOTBALL i, mean this guy is. Legendary he's a role model in the. Community great, dad great, dad great family, man great teammate to have great, teammates and it's a GUY i feel like you would want on your team and not a guy you want to be playing.
Speaker 1: Against oh, yeah you definitely don't want to play against him because he's gonna whoop your. Ass and you'll let you know he's whooping your.
Speaker 2: Ass you Think brett exactly. Exactly he does do. That he does do. That he does that to me AND i don't. Notice BUT i, Noticed, MIKE i notice what you're doing to me On Fox. Sundays you're coming at, me but you're so, witty you're pretending you're. NOT i got your game, down. Buddy oh but, HEY i got a. Question you Think brett faire was just scared of, him so he kind of let him have that.
Speaker 1: Sack who's not hold?
Speaker 3: On hold on my.
Speaker 2: Shorts i'm, Sorry i'm sim With joel's my. Shorts they're just really. Short. Yeah there we, Go there we, go AND i look better, now look more?
Speaker 1: Professional, Yeah Brett farv WAS i, mean did you see straight? Hand he looks. Huge who wouldn't be scared of?
Speaker 2: Him? Huge Brett?
Speaker 3: FARV i MEAN i would be scared of.
Speaker 1: HIM i was in the pocket and he got a free release at, You, like he beat his defender pretty easy on that.
Speaker 2: Play is the pro typical defensive end that you want on your. Team, size, speed get off, power leg, strength.
Speaker 1: Get in the run and.
Speaker 2: Pass obviously he was gonna. Covered did he ever? DROP i?
Speaker 3: SAW i saw like one fumble return for a?
Speaker 1: Touchdown also crazy fun fact about stray tall sky ever to be in space six five.
Speaker 2: Six so IF i go to, Space i'll be the tas Sky, Juels are you going to go to? Space i'm always spacing, Out so, Yeah i'm the tallest guy ever to go to. Space, Jewels so was he like waitless and? Everything he got to do the whole that's pretty crazy the thing he lost that plane weight BECAUSE i don't think he would have been allowed up because he was really big back, Then like he would have been way too big for the spacecraft or.
Speaker 3: Whatever imagine his space, suit it's pretty.
Speaker 1: Huge they probad to get extra.
Speaker 6: Fabric, man would you go to? SPACE i would Love, Uh i'd let him do it a few more. Times we should do a show in. Space if you go to, Space i'll go to.
Speaker 2: Space but LIKE i, agree let's like let's let have, like let me get, it like twenty more people go on like the. Mission, yeah and then we would go like once we know it's really, safe because we don't want this show to. Die all our fans love this. Show, man we can't we can't, there, yeah we don't, think but you never. Know we can't have this show like just disappear like that news On. Space it could be called dudes On. Space he was on dudes In, Space space On, Dudes Spacey.
Speaker 1: Dudes spacey On, Dudes Kevin spacey On, Dudes.
Speaker 2: Space, dudes Oh, Man space dudes on, Dudes.
Speaker 1: Space dudes on. Dudes M m all right. Time what kind of dude Is Michael straighthand.
Speaker 2: He's a whiz. MAN i think he's a Whizz he has a love a lot of, innovation which he. Has he innovated the, position the defensive end. Position he also, innovated you, know a career after. Football it's kind of gave birth to. You he kind of gave birth to. Myself he gave birth to many others out there because as a football, player as AN nfl, player people think the pro typical thing out there that people think, is, hey that person can just play, football that person is just an. Athlete well he's the one that kind of broke.
Speaker 3: That mold FOR us.
Speaker 2: Athletes and then having a better career after, football and he had an unbelievable, Career hall Of fame career and then having an Extra hall Of fame career you know post. Football gotta give it to. Him you gotta be a wizard you gotta have that, innovation and he sure.
Speaker 1: Does but he's like definitely a dude's dude because anytime you're At, fox, like he's always a fun dude to be around at.
Speaker 2: Work, yeah he is a real fun dude to be around. Work he's so witty, man and he's on at all. Times and if you watch his highlights as well on the football, field you know WHAT i, mean he's just talking garbage at all. Times he's always. On it's something THAT i and your MAN i, know that's always, on always on at that size, too because people that, size, man it takes more to always be.
Speaker 1: On you're that size exactly.
Speaker 2: On that, size and he's always. On. Hees he has a, gift, man he was born with a. Gift there's no doubt about. It and he was a freak of nature on the field, Too so he's a. Tough, yeah he is a stud. Man he's a stud off the. Field he's a stud on the. FIELD i, mean and he's a dog too because he'll give.
Speaker 3: UP i, mean he's he looks so. Long he kind of looks Like Derrick henry out.
Speaker 2: There, yeah he's a big version Of Derrick. Henry oh, yeah good. Point he's also a dog, though well you want to go with, though what summarizes him?
Speaker 1: Best?
Speaker 2: All? Right on?
Speaker 1: Three you say what you, Say i'll say WHAT i. Say, one, two, three Stud.
Speaker 2: Come, On, jules we gotta you, know be more on the same.
Speaker 1: Page you, know freak you think he's why is he a?
Speaker 2: FREAK i, MEAN i mean he used to take freaking three hundred and thirty pounds off the tackles and just throw them to the ground right out of his, way and then get to the quarterback and build them drop him right to his.
Speaker 1: Knees and it's pretty freaky that big ass D n football player is sitting at the table talking to like housewives all around the world and they love.
Speaker 2: Them that is that's.
Speaker 1: Freaky that is.
Speaker 2: Freaky and it's freaky how he can talk twenty four to seven as, well and he's always. On he can come up with an answer and a solution for anything that's thrown his, way and he can do. Interviews he really get an. Interview he's all, purpose.
Speaker 1: Man he's freak stamping.
Speaker 2: It he's a.
Speaker 1: Freak he is. Freak, right let's get into.
Speaker 3: Our our Last.
Speaker 2: Halloween edition of New tongeons.
Speaker 1: Guy that we are going to talk, about.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: What i'm looking at this and it's pretty gnarly that every one of the scariest guys that we're going over is from THE. Afc Fucking. North Another Kent state golden. Flash another man that scares the living ship out of. You he sure.
Speaker 3: Does his name Is, debo but his birth name Is James.
Speaker 2: Harrison James Henry Harrison. Jr.
Speaker 3: HANK i will not call him that to his.
Speaker 1: Face he'll probab, me beat my.
Speaker 3: Face i've seen him going that volleyball.
Speaker 1: Ship what is?
Speaker 3: Up what's you A?
Speaker 1: A i asked to, say, ALRIGHT ai For James. HANK i was probably too scared the Second holy, Smokes oh that's.
Speaker 2: BLANK ai was.
Speaker 3: SCARED ai is fucking.
Speaker 1: Scared i'm. Scared did not want to get it.
Speaker 3: Wrong start the claw.
Speaker 2: Now, Now James. Harrison James harrison was a tenicious and a hard hitting. Linebacker, tenacious thank, You, joece got. You I'm. HARRY i didn't read any bucks growing, up, okay you, know and a hard hitting linebacker now for his relentless, work ethic and physical style of play off the, field he was dedicated and resilient overcoming numerous setbacks to achieve. Success harrison had a significant impact on The Pittsburgh steeers on The Pittsburgh, steelers helping them win Two Super bowls and earning THE Nfl Defensive player of The year award in two thousand and Eight. Jesus, notably he's set a Then steelers single season record with sixteen sacks in two thousand and eight and is the only undrafted player to Win Defensive player of The year. Award he was also a five Time Pro bowler and twice named The STEELERS.
Speaker 3: Mvp he should have been A Super BOWL.
Speaker 2: Mvp, yeah But Santonio holmes tapping catch and the. Game they should give out like two MVP's, award a DEFENSIVE mvp if, deserved and then AN mvp award as, well or AN mvp. Award and if it was a defensive, guy then if someone played on the offensive, side you, know on the offense side of the, ball very, well they should also have the OFFENSIVE. Mvp you know WHAT i? Mean you know What i'm saying by.
Speaker 1: That, yeah you can get they can get a better sponsorship group out of THE nfl. Too if they did, that you could have you, Know chevy for you know the offense and forward for the. Defense we're not business.
Speaker 2: Guys. Debo Hey, lloyd you're smarter THAN i.
Speaker 1: Thought, harry your hands are. Freezing James harrison absolute scary. Motherfucker like he's look at. Him you look at his, pictures it's like one degree. Outside he's got his shirt off and his baggy ass sweats doing a pregame warm, up looking like he wants to JUST i fucking kill every single person on the other side of the. Team like we played against him and he's got a notion and it's so fucking crazy that he didn't get drafted because he's about six feet, tall but he's also six feet. Wide this guy is a fucking. Fridge i've Never his arms are literally like thirty inches. BIG i remember he came and played with us in. Seventeen it literally when he would walk in the locker, room it felt like the scene In friday When debo would. Roll everyone will put their chains, away and he was like a nice, guy but he just had that scary great guy scary orr about him were like, no, hey oh, shit what's. Up no one wanted to joke with him because he didn't know if he was gonna take it or if he could be joked, with but he was honestly a great teammate for that one. Year and he's made so many incredible fucking plays in his, Career like it's. Insane have you seen him do the shot Put? NAH i never seen HE'S i guess he's a huge fucking, Shotputter like he's a.
Speaker 3: FUCK i love.
Speaker 1: HIM i absolutely loved. HIM i remember when he played that game in two thousand and. EIGHT i was At Kent state the Super bowl where he had that big hundred yard run in the Super, bowl AND i was just so excited to see a guy like, him you, know dominating THE nfl from WHERE i came. FROM i mean it Was it's. Crazy Was Prime's James harrison faster than?
Speaker 2: You? Mm? Yes was? He? Yes i'm not gonna say he. WASN'T i had to think about, that AND i was, like, wait IF i am faster than, HIM i should not SAY i was. Faster that's that's like me Saying i'm stronger than him as, well which OBVIOUSLY i am not stronger Than James. HARRISON i don't think anyone. Is But i'm going to talk a little, football you, KNOW a little technician on the football field, HERE i mean in the blocking aspect of the, game and who you're going, versus what type of guy you're going, verse what type of player you're going, verse who you're going, Verse because in THE, nfl you scout the player you're going, Verse you scot, Him you see what type of player they, Are you see how they react to you know the type of blocks that they're receiving and all that good. Stuff and what size he, is what height the defender is that you're going, Verse you get in his, chest you throw your. Shoulder there's so many different techniques depending on who you're going. Verse AND i love blocking the guy that's like six' five my height who, stands up BECAUSE then i can get in his chest. Driving backwards and a guy that doesn't have that, mean look that, mean attitude and a guy that's not going to get pissed OFF because i came from eye off the ball and absolutely drilled him and drove him back five yards and. Embarrass him that was the LAST thing i was trying to Do With. James harrison what were you trying to Do? With james, first Off, WITH james I knew i couldn't get into. His chest the guy is like a, bowling ball like, you know that twenty eight pound bowling ball that everyone wants to throw down the freaking lane and just trying to knock down all the pins and like you kind of like do a granny style and so heavy you blow out. Your, back well those are the hardest guys to block IN, the nfl especially at my size six. Foot six, you know it's hard for me to. Get low it's hard for me to move that type of guy because they have so much leverage built in. Pad, level, yes exactly that's what. He has and with a guy like that and how scary and intimidating, he WAS and i seen it. On film you do not want To Piss james harrison on why what did you see?
Speaker 6: On?
Speaker 2: Fi yes what do you see? On film what do? You mean what do you see? ON film i seen him, take defenders, offensive linemen. TOSS him i seen him absolutely level defenders and put him out of the game with. A, concussion.
Speaker 3: Dude he Knocked. Out josh he's one of his teammates.
Speaker 1: From college, but, literally Therefore.
Speaker 2: When i'm, blocking him it's a guy that you just kind of want to get in. His way i'm not going to come off the ball and crush. His skull i'm not trying to do that BECAUSE if i piss, him off, you KNOW if i hit him HARD and i, trigger, Him man i'm going to tell you he's gonna pick me up and throw me the. Next PLACE so i never wanted to. TRIGGER him i always just try to get in, his way, you know with, my shoulder with. My hands so then when the running back came around and you try to make, a play, you know just get in his, way again, you know so he can you feel. HIS strength i could feel, his strength because THEN if i started going strength, for strength THAT'S when, i lose no doubt, About it THAT'S when i lose the block versus a guy like that. And leverage so EVERY time i just try to just kind of play, paddy kick, you know try to let him. Absorb me SO if i did fly off, the ball he would fly off the. Ball TOO then i would go backwards and he would have that. Separation PASS so i just try to stick on him like a like, a sponge, you know and just always didn't let him out of my rear, view mirror just always staying in front, of him never trying to piss, him off never trying to give him a. Cheap shot that was THE way I Blocked, james harrison and it was a whole different style when you go versus a player. Like him.
Speaker 1: That's crazy see we're here talking About Like rob's rob used to block, the biggest baddest to do on the. Defensive line that's. Fucking nuts, you know it's, rarely seen, you know a matchup with the tight end and the nine technique fucking d end or what, you know the outside linebacker that's playing down like that doesn't that's usually at the point of attack a lot, of times. Is it you watch?
Speaker 2: That, film yeah you always want to get the tackle on. Those guys but when you have a tight end in that situation that's willing to, do it willing to, get there that's what expands. Your offense that expands the, run game that's what expands the play action game. As WELL and i kind of use that to my advantage and that's actually what helped me get open plenty of time on the play actions when the linebacker step up because, they thought, You know i'm coming out. The Block But james harrison was a terrifying pocket. Pressure player he got so low, his, shoulder, like yeah he would have that shoulder dip and he would just get right off of, the tackle even though the offensive tackles twice, his size kind of like it looks like twice, his hype but he would get right, underneath him and he was. So strong he would just rip through right through his arm and then get to. The quarterback and he was quick enough to take kind of an. Outside angle run, The, hump yeah run, the hump and then bolt right to.
Speaker 1: The court also would have a great change up where he would just use. His strength he'd get right up in that chest of that guy who's about eight inches taller than and push his ass right back into the pocket and blow up. The quarterback and that's the EXACT leverage i was.
Speaker 2: Talking about and that's why then go toe to toe with him right off, the line because he would get that leverage and he push. Me BACK so i would just try to stay on him and not let him get that force to, you know to be able to push. Me back so just being a. Smart player have.
Speaker 1: You seen his.
Speaker 2: Workout videos his workout videos are. Freaking ridiculous he has like eight forty fives on each side when he's freaking benching like, five hundred like fifty fives.
Speaker 1: You see it does it's.
Speaker 2: Just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: His conditioning he gets like a third pound or a forty pound medicine ball and he plays volleyball with it where you have to catch it.
Speaker 2: In, the house saying that that.
Speaker 1: That's hard people don't realize. That's hard. That's heavyweight and he does it for a. Long round like it's so fun to watch his workouts because he does like some world's strongest man shit all, the time or like you have like a boulder, he's pushing or he's fucking pulling a goddamn car or throwing fucking rocks that are like nine. Hundred pounds like he's just a he's a cool. Dude man and the one thing, about it the one thing would, you agree does his voice not match? HIS body i think it does match. His body it DOES because i don't think it's like a low. Scary voice it's not as low as. You, Expect YEAH so i don't think it like you would think with. That guy, he's like are you?
Speaker 2: Doing, you yeah you're expecting. That, low now it's kind of it's not, High, though no it's. Not high it's kind Of.
Speaker 3: A james i'm not saying you have a, high bay which is kind.
Speaker 2: Of good because imagine if it was that low would be like. Even, Scarier YEAH like.
Speaker 1: I remember remember he remember he.
Speaker 3: GAVE it i got one of.
Speaker 1: His shirts remember he Had the debo shirt in the. LOCKER room i still Have the debo's shirt.
Speaker 2: Somewhere here he's he's like he can lift, like whatever six, hundred pounds bend squat. That lift BUT what i love about him is that he always posts his regime of, you, know recovering of how he recovers off of, those lifts how he was recovering IN, the nfl and he would put like three hundred and fifty acupuncture needles and, every day like every, other day and he posts about it like you gotta be, A freak you gotta be intense in order to get three hundred and fifty needles poked inside of your muscle tissue and just take it like an. Absolute champ like that just shows he that just shows like, he's dedicated like he's doing whatever it takes to be at that level that he needs to. Be at Is The.
Speaker 1: Mount rushmore of the strongest guys we, played with, YOU think.
Speaker 2: I Would Say sebastian volmer left Tackle was Vince. Will fork he was, super. Strong strong he didn't really have to even like work out. That much he would just walk in the weight room and toss up like five hundred pounds of. The. Bench Yeah. Marcus cannon cannon was a.
Speaker 1: Strong guy saw the.
Speaker 2: SQUATTING world I never.
Speaker 3: I remember canon.
Speaker 1: Would be squatting and there'd be fifteen fucking forty five and the thing would. BE bouncing I swear i think he had like twelve forty five's on. Each side, remember that and now the bar would be it'd be bouncing like it was a fucking cute tip with fucking.
Speaker 3: Rocks on it's like.
Speaker 2: It wasnly that was good inmitation.
Speaker 1: Right there And Then brandon bolden for pound. For pound bolden didn't even. Work out he, was like but he pound for pound when we do All those like.
Speaker 2: MY gosh i wasn't saying like that was a bad thing that would. Work out he didn't need to, Work Out and, i'm, like dude how are you so strong? And ripped, HE'S like i carry my kids Around and, I'm like, i'm, LIKE dang i gotta start. HAVING kids i gotta start. Having KIDS and i still. Haven't started and this is eight. Years LATER what i would still be PLAYING if i.
Speaker 1: Attend kids he would always Do, those remember we'd always have to do those explosion recordings for some certain things Like the kaiser's and he would always be The absolute he blow people out by a thousand points because he was just so. Explosive strong i'd say that's Probably Our. Mount, rushmore yes His Last kent, state game, you know he sacked Five times.
Speaker 3: Miami.
Speaker 2: Of ohio Oh, big ben his.
Speaker 1: Fucking teammate no one's, off limits no one is. Off limits we saw what he Did To josh cribs when he was In a. Browns uniform we saw what he Did To ben roethlisberger when he was In a Miami with. Ohio uniform like he Is Fucking freddy Krueger bro this IS how, i mean this is the perfect guy to have on The goddamn.
Speaker 2: Halloween episode, you know we're talking about his, you know defensive skill set and, all that but what about every time he had, an interception he always almost like brought that ball back to. The house obviously with one of The Biggest super bowl plays in history of the one hundred yard Return Versus, arizona cardinos and if they scored right on, that drive they were saying the game was going to be over going into half Because the cards had that big of a new manager and that much momentum. Going in but he Saved the steelers that game with that interception to. The house it looked like he was about to be tackled eight, different times and he just kept going and kept going and. Kept going he's kind of like a full back mixed with a running back when he's running. The, ball yes exactly. Like Him He's mike alstot of the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 1: Here that he's going to be Fighting O, jo cinco, he, was Yeah O.
Speaker 2: Jo, Cenko First, james harrison what are? You Thinking O? Jo cenko what theo fodge are? You thinking i'll tell you.
Speaker 3: Right Now O jo cinko has got.
Speaker 1: Some ball.
Speaker 3: He doesn't he raced. A horse he's fought a couple.
Speaker 2: OF times i mean he's lost all, the fights so? Has? He yeah he lost.
Speaker 1: The fight to be said about a man that loses a fight and keeps coming back he keeps.
Speaker 2: Coming, Back Oh, joe sinko don't. Back down he does, it now he doesn't? He thinking what is? HE thinking i don't?
Speaker 3: Is IT it's, ufc right?
Speaker 1: It's, STYLE yeah i mean the only way you'd have To Fight james harrison is you can.
Speaker 3: Box him if he couldn't bring.
Speaker 2: You, Down Oh joe cinco is six, to one one hundred and ninety POUNDS about i would say he's. Got it he's, probably, like yeah he Lost A brian maxwell in a. Boxing match Hit, he yeah.
Speaker 1: It wasn't i'm not saying he probably beat the ship out, Of Me but i'm Not Fucking. James Harris james harrison is a. Scary man should?
Speaker 2: We go we? SHOULD go I gotta i got a what? If scenario do you think we Can Beat james harrison if we tag team?
Speaker 1: Versus we you mean if we Tag Team? James, Harrison, no no like YOU and I Versus.
Speaker 2: James, HARRISON.
Speaker 3: Uh. I, DON'T honestly i really.
Speaker 1: Don't KNOW and i consider myself a, tough guy BUT and i consider you a large tough human. As well we would have to. Game plan we'd Have to you have to game plan because, you Know the steelers do what.
Speaker 2: They do they do do they what. They do they do what. They do they do what.
Speaker 1: They do they do it.
Speaker 2: Very well but they do what they do what, they do and they.
Speaker 1: Don't adjust they don't adjust you what they do and they do we'd have to Game Player james harrison for that.
Speaker 3: Fight time, All right but what kind of Dude Is?
Speaker 2: James?
Speaker 1: HARRISON okay I have i have TWO that i think. He is, YOU know i don't think he's a, dude's dude. NO one's i played with him and he was kind of a, dude's DUDE but i was too scared of him the whole time for him to me think that he was a. Dude's dude the FREAK he's, i mean he's either a freak or dog, to me you. Know IT and i think it's a crazy thing that if he's, a freak that he was an, drafted freak that's probably a stat that will never. Say again and.
Speaker 2: THAT'S freaky, i mean he is a freak. FOR sure i would not disagree with. A freaking he has dog. In him there's no doubt he's a. Relentless dog he's a dog that he's a pitbull he's just never. Gonna stop it's the Pitbull that's. John, trained yeah that has the lock daw and just never letting go until that jaw finally gets tired.
Speaker 3: After like you gotta put. HIM down i think you gotta put.
Speaker 2: Him, down basically you got to. Kill him but he's also freak with that interception and, the stride his stride when, he's, running yeah. IS ridiculous i mean it's freaky to have a stride like that at, that size with that, much mass and to be able to run, like that. That's freaky. That's, freaky, tangibles dude.
Speaker 1: No one they say he's six ft, Five eleven he maybe five. To ten he about, my height and he's two sixty and he runs just as fast. As, me okay if you want to call that not, a freak you're.
Speaker 2: Fucking, crazy yeah you. Are crazy then he. A, Freak freak he's. A Freak james Harrison stamp it drafted in the third round of the nineteen NINETY Six nfl draft by the forty. Nine ers he is renowned for his exceptional hands and ability to. Make plays he ranks THIRD in nfl history in both receiving yards. And touchdowns he was a Six Time pro bowl selection and was named to the Two Thousands All. Decade team Born In, Alexander, city alabama known for his flamboyan, touchdown celebrations he was often seen as a decisive figure off. The field he was elected To The Pro football Hall of fame in two thousand. And, eighteen jules what wild dude are we talking about? Right now? Right here as wild dude, Number two let's get ON.
Speaker 1: To o T oh man was a.
Speaker 2: Wild dude what's the wildless thing that comes to your mind when you Hear Of terrell owens aka to the first.
Speaker 3: Thing that comes to?
Speaker 1: My mind him doing sit ups in front of his house on a sit up like bench with all the media outside.
Speaker 3: Of him was it during? His suspension?
Speaker 2: It was it was during his suspension when he got suspended By The. Philadelphia eagle he. Looked yoked he, looked yoked and he. Looked YOKED what i remember that press conference that he did outside of his home when he was doing the, Sit Ups and i'm TELLING you. I was i was such in shock of how yoked he was and how RIPPED that i truly didn't BELIEVE that i could play IN the nfl, from THERE because i thought that's what you had to look like in order to catch pass IN. The nfl, just yeah, absolute specimen absolute freak. Of nature he looked like the guy didn't have an ounce of fat, on HIM and.
Speaker 1: I, was, LIKE damn i want to look like that.
Speaker 2: One, day man that guy.
Speaker 1: Is ripped great. Smile, too yeah. He's beautiful he is freaking. T. O MAN he i grew up watching HIM and I saw, I mean i remember when it just. Changed overnight. You know he he struggled with drops early in. His career and then it was that wild card Weekend or division round Game Against green Bay Where steve young almost fell in his drop and hit him down the middle of the field on a split split safety Seam and terrell caught a ball in front in between, three guys, got crunch made, the play they won, the game and like from there, on out he just took off and is that the.
Speaker 2: Play, that he, you know started crying right after he made. The catch that just shows that someone loves the game of football as well to have that type of emotion after a play like that and then you're crying, right there and then on the field he's an. Emotional guy that's that's the that's when you know you love the game. Of, football though when a play can make.
Speaker 1: You cry He loved you could tell he loved he. Loved football he liked. PLAYING football i.
Speaker 3: Don't know but he didn't love.
Speaker 1: You know there's a lot of the team stuff where you Know He andy reid is considered probably the most like he's a big player coach right from what. WE hear i never played the coach that takes. No ship and he had to get him out and they traded him in the Division. To cowboys that's crazy. To me that's a Wild move i've, heard though if you, go in if you go against like, your rival that's like one of the oldest rivalries in, Goddamn football Philly. Fucking cowboys and he was. Still elite like that's how wild of a dude you have.
Speaker 2: To be he was wild in. All aspects he, was wild, you know playing the game. Of football he was wild off. The field he was wild with. Touchdown celebrations but he was also wild with what he was going through when playing in some of, the games like the broken leg or the broken ankle In The, super bowl and crazy he broke he literally broke his ankle like two weeks toward whatever, it was it was. Basically broken he played Against the Pats In super bowl. Thirty nine what he he HAD what i think like nine receptions for one hundred twenty plus yards FROM what. I, Recall Yes new england Won That super bowl baby twenty four to. Twenty one But Obviously philadelphia eagles they got us back when they beat us in what twenty.
Speaker 1: Seven seventeen That's because julian wasn't.
Speaker 2: Playing jewels if you, were playing we would have won. That, game. Yeah game you had no problem on the offense. That year and what's wild about, it too is he signed a waiver to go against the doctor's orders in order to play, that game because the doctors were telling him that he couldn't play because of how significant the. Injury was but he was, so wild, so ambitious and loved the game of football, so much and he was so wild in his rehab that he got himself to the point where he was able to play In That. Super bowl AND like, I said i'm gonna, say again nine receptions one hundred and twenty two yards what two weeks after breaking your ankle or three weeks or whatever. IT was i don't know. It WAS actually i think he. Broke it it was, week fifteen so he had about four or five weeks to recover and play In The. Super bowl, That's. Fast bro you got to give.
Speaker 1: Him, Credit man he's like one of those, ultra competitors, where like it doesn't matter what's going on outside, the game whenever you put him inside, the lines he's.
Speaker 3: Gonna ball AND.
Speaker 1: When i watch, his film he's a he's absolutely a freak out there with how big, he was with how he could catch. The ball he looked like a tight end in the middle of, the field but, He's fast he's fucking you.
Speaker 3: Know what you never saw anyone Catch t o? From behind how did he?
Speaker 2: Remind you remind me? OF you i agree, with. That BRO what i Loved about TiO on, the field especially his. Young, days bro this guy, was, strong strong, long legs, strong legs and the most important thing was he never. Got tired to be that size, six' four two hundred and twenty plus pounds and to never get tired, yapping his mouth, doing his antics going for over one hundred plus. Shyards a game, you.
Speaker 1: Know what that's impressed because of what's it because of because he Was Drafted, to san francisco and He Saw how, jerry Rice Was and jerry rice was the, most in shape mother in the history of. The GODDAMN game and i guarantee were regardless of oowe AND shape, T o Was jerry. Was jerry still and then, ONCE you know i remember The Day on, jerry rice day THAT freaking t o caught twenty Damn Balls on jerry rice's last game in The. As a niner but like, having that horse that rabbit Horse Of what jerry rice was helped make Too how crazy TiO was because in the back, of his mind, he's, probably thinking man that's. The greatest receiver i'm. Better than him but He saw, how jerry prepared so he probably took a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of that that's, a, good point. Man well said and What also made too so great as a football. Player as well he, was so, explosive so explosive it didn't matter if, it was, coming you know right off the line into the route or after. Making the catch he would just explode right. Up the field and he was so strong because you could tell you he, was so strong because, like you said he reminded. ME of me i would just say a little bit skinnier and at the. Wide receiver position but he's KIND Of. Like, aj brown yes he REMINDS Me of aj brown and anyone that, tried tackling him he would just throw the defender right. Off of him oh. Broke tackle tackles he broke tackles like no other wide. Receiver broke tackles that's why he kind of reminds. Me of myself it looked like he was a mini me just running. Through the defense and he was so physical as well at top. Of the route that's what got him open. Plenty of times on top of having a deep ball and running. By a defender that's what made to so great and special and, special as well and that's why.
Speaker 1: He's a top five receiver of all time. ALL times five i mean you watch his film on like. Five different teams even when he, was old guy he was still. MAKING crazy, play i mean he played in A professional game i think like four years, Ago at fifty like he's. Still, a specimen.
Speaker 2: Heyes he's playing, in basketball leagues. Celebrity basketball games, doesn't get tired and he's always he's always. Ready, To go man. HE'S never sore i feel Like every time, i've see him he's.
Speaker 3: Just full speed how wild was it when he Went to fucking dallas and did?
Speaker 2: The?
Speaker 3: Star thing well?
Speaker 2: What was wild well that was when He Was on san francisco did the star Thing that i'mitt smith came back and did. The star thing he's so freaking wild that he went back and did it again after. Scoring another touchdown asked how? Wild too is And he had dallas. Absolutely hate him and then what was so wild in the end is he Got traded the dallas, at you know some point in His Career, from philadelphia eagles and then they fell in love With him in dallas as well because he was such a baller and so wild out there on the field and had a freaking LIKE fifty wild td celebrations As. Well in DALLAS?
Speaker 1: WHAT other td i remember him doing the popcorn. In the face, oh wait up he tossed me a. Ball, real, QUICK.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah i got, You. Here here, Julie Oh, Oh tony romo.
Speaker 1: Tony oh touchdown touchdown one of the most famous one. That we Saw even influenced christian McCaffrey on one of our episodes when he's seven years old, seven years old takes out signs the ball, after a touchdown takes.
Speaker 3: Out his sock.
Speaker 1: How fucking crazy it's kind of like when you took out the Easy button on you're fucking out of your out OF the.
Speaker 2: THING i Got i. Got, jewles's, Autograph dude dude i'm Going. Right, TO eBay baby i need some money in. My bank account HOW much Will? I get jewels probably.
Speaker 1: Three hundred bucks did he influence you to take out? The easy button because actually that.
Speaker 2: Is exactly, who influenced ME because once i saw the easy button in My locker when staples sent, IT to me i, actually, Was like oh i'm gonna hide this. Behind, the goalposts no he hid something behind a Goal.
Speaker 3: That was joe horn with.
Speaker 1: The cell. Phone ocho tried ocho tried to hide the easy button put.
Speaker 2: IT this way i Was inspired By Teo and, chad ocho combined and that's what made me do, the easy, button you know celebration in practice to those two guys and inspired me to be. Freaking absolutely wild so, here we go sign, football right here Inspired, by t o and we'll be giving this football away everyone.
Speaker 1: One lucky fan best comment section in something we'll discover, what it is but you gotta do. Something really cool what?
Speaker 3: Else we got do we?
Speaker 2: Miss? Anything ELSE yeah what i really Love about t, o as well and what made him such a beast on the field and so hard to tackle is the way he ran and the way he just got his knees up. In the air he ran. With high knees when you run with high, knees like that it's hard to take someone out and especially catch. Him from behind and that's why, he looked like what are those? Gazales, out there yeah he looked like a gazelle when, he was running like kind of like a, Horse as well and that's why no one. Can catch him and that's why he, was so, great so, fast so talented because of, those high knees that drive.
Speaker 3: That he has how old is?
Speaker 1: Tl right. Now he's fifty he, still, Looks great man he still looks like. A professional athlete. IF you see i saw him like maybe a couple of. Years ago somewhere he was. Cool as fuck he still looked like you could go out. What A fuck el dorado is, His Middle, Name El, Dorado Torrell.
Speaker 2: Colorado owens elder that.
Speaker 1: IS a sick i would Have Gone, As El Dorado, EL dorado owens.
Speaker 2: I would have been a Badass Football. Name el dorado Imagine Just. Putting al dorado i'm back of A Jersey. Name, el dorado everyone why don't you give? Me some way you'll.
Speaker 3: Know that song what's the craziest injury that?
Speaker 1: YOU played through, I, WOULD say uh i basically did.
Speaker 2: The same THING uh when i basically snapped my ANKLE In half afc Championship Games. ALL baltimore ravens i came back in that game about fifteen minutes, later and, played you know about eight minutes with eight minutes left in. The fourth quarter so that was one of THE craziest injuries. I. Played, THROUGH oh also i broke six of MY ribs when I. WAS in tampa i got level going. Across the middle tom set me. UP once again i.
Speaker 3: Think we've we, talked about.
Speaker 2: THAT didn't we.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I'm not sure like we talked. About THAT already and i broke six.
Speaker 2: Of my ribs AND then the x ray MACHINE showed that i didn't. Break ANY ribs so i went back in, the, GAME like, OH i can't i gotta GO back, and i, can't you know be a. Be A sissy the x, RAY machine said i had. No BROKEN ribs so i go back, in the game get. Two more, Catches i'm, like, I'm hurting bro i'm. Hurting like this this. This IS bad so i take myself back out. Of the game, we go HOME and then I get AN mri and i have. Six broken RIBS jesus so i. Played through That that was. That was painful.
Speaker 1: That was painful what About him and OCHOW having a? TV show together i remember it was Hosted By like kevin fraser and it was.
Speaker 2: Like a network we really never. Heard of it but what would our? Show?
Speaker 3: Be called name. That's the show it's.
Speaker 1: Pretty good NAME How About, Theo Gronky, NUTS gronky nuts, i like it, gronk and.
Speaker 2: Jewels gronking jewels, and.
Speaker 1: Then last let us know what you guys think. Of our show It, should be also we'd be crazy if we don't talk about when he Started Crying. About tony roman. That's my quarterback you know How many times i've used that in just like. A jokingly term.
Speaker 2: I've heard you use it. Plenty of times what about? His shades though those those are some. PRETTY awful shades.
Speaker 3: I liked him i thought. THEY were swaggy i was not a.
Speaker 2: FAN of them i bet you he's just.
Speaker 1: A misunderstood dude he's got a lot of. EMOTIONS in there i wonder what his upbringing was because he would, have those bursts YOU know.
Speaker 3: What i mean but you knew he. Loved, the game well what kind Of Dude Is?
Speaker 2: TORELL owens juels.
Speaker 1: I think it's easy. FOR this, one i mean he's he could put him in as a dog because. He's a dog he's definitely. A stud whiz he's he's could.
Speaker 2: BE a whiz i mean he definitely it was all purpose. ON the field i mean he could take. Handoffs as well he could do everything. On, the slot.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was he was everything on the football player besides.
Speaker 2: A RUNNING back but.
Speaker 3: I think it's one thing and. One, THING only yeah i.
Speaker 2: AGREE with you i mean this guy had. Unparallel physical abilities his instincts were.
Speaker 1: THROUGH THE roof i i, gotta, go, one, two three freak.
Speaker 2: ABSOLUTE freaking mate i, got another, Question, real quick jewels would You Cry?
Speaker 1: FOR tom brady i Did Cry, for tom brady but it wasn't in the same context IT was when i read About Him leaving new england and, without you know reading. IT from him i READ it on espn Bottom ticker that Brady Signed, to tampa bay and, THEN you know i had a single tier run. DOWN my beard i just saw him three, Days before too jimmy fucking fallin At the. Goddamn syracuse game the guy didn't hint. ANYTHING to me i, Feel. For you jewels would you?
Speaker 3: CRY for?
Speaker 2: Him i have are you gonna?
Speaker 1: Cry right now let's see if you can you? Cry on command.
Speaker 2: I'm just crying just thinking about A good. Times i THINK is that.
Speaker 1: I? See a. TEAR i'm trying i. See it.
Speaker 2: HERE i'm trying. I just TRIED i almost i almost. Got, A tear wow i almost. Got a tier that. Was pretty, Good hey good i'm actually. Feeling. More emotional now where did you go to? GET the emotion i just thought About All our super bowl wins and how much work we put in and and how.
Speaker 3: It's all over that's what you pulled from to.
Speaker 1: GET the tier. I need to i'm working. ON my tears i just did AN audition where i had to have a sex scene with the. GUY over zooms i didn't get.
Speaker 3: The fucking.
Speaker 2: Roll that's good i'm glad you did. It, to us god it would be the definition of. Dudes, on dudes.
Speaker 3: Well that's been Another episode Of.
Speaker 1: Dudes on Dudes Subscribe, On, Apple, podcasts spotify emozon and music wherever you listen.
Speaker 2: To your podcasts comment on a dude you want, us to do, rate and review and call in and ask us a question on the chill line at five six one, two zero three five. Seven eight nine and remember my favorite part about podcasting are questions and. Lead hill line we like the questions and Remember to Follow dudes On, Dudes, on, YouTube instagram, asks Tick. Talk and snapchat see. You next Week dudes on dudes And.
Speaker 1: Production of iHeartRadio for more Podcasts, from iHeart radio, This iHeartRadio, app apple podcasts wherever you.
Speaker 3: Get your podcasts